US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

markh14

Customer service was actually very good and got back to me faster than I expected. (in 13 reviews)

danielh52

Just a thank you for the password recovery software. (in 15 reviews)

timm166

Easy to use and good customer service, I used it on both my laptop and my desktop with a USB drive. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kristenl13
6/28/15

When I tried to access the software, the computer required my login to install. I had to copy the program to a USB drive and restart, and then I was able to get everything to work.

charlesd58
6/26/15

Stay away from this company. Their product Password Recovery 5.0 doesnt work and they will not refund your money as promised. Manny is the person that handles all their email responses and will promise the refund is being done. After 2 weeks still no refund. Those that have been frauded by this company need to file a complaint with the FTC to get this company investigated and closed down

karenr61
6/19/15

Everything worked well, but took a while to download. I needed some help and appreciate that they got back to me quite quickly. The program worked as expected and it's good to have on hand in case I ever need it again.

howardw22
6/18/15

They offered "password recovery" for $9.95 and 30 days money back.
They charged my credit card $30 + and don't return my money. It did not work, they "Mandy" lied, telling me it would do what I wanted.
There are other reports of the same behavior online.
Not only do I have to fill out forms for VISA, I will have to change my card because I can't trust them.

glenc20
5/15/15

The program worked, I found the login. I had to restart my computer before I could run the program, not a big deal, as long as I got it to work.

ravir9
5/14/15

Its a Scam and ripping off customers. The software did not work at all and no response from customer services after emailing them several times and no phone number is listed on their website.

beverlym26
4/10/15

The program was functional and worked well. Installation took some time and I had to restart my computer before being able to run the program, but once it started, I was able to get it working.

karent36
4/10/15

I purchased a 10 passwoRd software and they billed me 20! The software doesn't work and now they have billed me an additional 30 for tech support UNAUTHORIZED! Unbelievable. ...I will contact the state police department about this fraudulent compant.

scottp47
4/3/15

The product works well and they provide e-mail support, prefer phone customer service, but they did respond quickly to my e-mails.

thomass96
4/2/15

SCAM!
STAY AWAY!!!
They send me many promises to refund, like "you will see a refund on your statement in 2-3 working days", however it never happened!!!!
STAY AWAY!!!!!

annaf22
3/12/15

The program was pretty easy to use, although I also wanted to run it on my Mac and it only runs on windows. I was hoping I would be able to run it on both my computers. I will have to find another program for Mac, but for Windows it worked well.

geej
3/12/15

Prosoft3D is a Scam. I purchased the software and was charged $29.95, not the $9.95 priced advertised. It says it works for all windows, however I needed it for Windows 2003 server and it did not work. Refund policy advertised is not what they deliver. After following there Refund Policy to the letter I never received a dime back. Only responces that they are investigating. Well its been weeks of investigation and still no refund.
Have contacted my Credit Card Company to dispute charges.

barbaraw42
2/10/15

Tried signing in as administrator and it worked. I was using latest version of windows and the program installed easily, but I needed to re-download it a few times which took extra time.

Barbara

davidm243
2/8/15

I bought their software and was very satisfied, it found my forgotten log on and downloaded quickly.

bobbyd29
2/7/15

BEWARE! This company will bill your your credit card before providing services. I ordered the password recovery and realized before I could download and I didn't download the product that it wasn't for a MAC just PCs only. Therefore I DID NOT receive the product. After exchanging numerous e-mails and receiving promises in each of those e-mails that I'd get a credit card refund, it's been 45 days since I sent my first e-mail requesting a refund and getting a promise for that refund, NOTHING. They have 72 hours for the refund or I'll file a "fraud" complaint with my credit card, STAY AWAY. I'd score them a "0" star but the overall rating doesn't go that low.

cathyg5
11/14/14

Thanks it worked. I do not know how I forgot my login, but the program fixed it for me.

Regards,
Cathy

ceciliah2
11/13/14

I purchased their program and it worked, also had a positive experience with customer service.

stantonv
11/12/14

The only positive reviews on this company have to be written by themselves. We purchased the software from prosoft3D, and like all the other reviews it didn't work. We took their web address from cnet, so we had false sense of security. We contacted customer service as instructed with no response (it has been 3 days). There is no phone number or mailing address attached to this website and very little information about them. They also have samples of review emails from their clients; I found the same exact emails from the same clients on their 3D Aquarium
Desktop background site. The emails are word for word the same. To me that's fraudulent.

noelh25
11/5/14

Prompt replies and good customer service. Required a few tries, but it worked after I restarted the computer, overall I was quite happy.

Noel

trishd4
11/4/14

It was that quick and simple to install, thank you so much. I will recommend it to others.

timm166
11/2/14

raymondh12
10/31/14

IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEIR PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I download it and had to call them as it was not working. They said that my computer had a fatal virus and I needed to buy a $300 program to fix my computer. They used hard sales techniques. I hanged up and called my computer repair service who said that I do not have a virus whatsoever. They fixed my password problem and everything is fine. PROSOFT3D IS A SCAM, DO NOT BUY INTO IT.

royk19
10/10/14

The program fixed my issue. I did have to restart my computer after installing for the software to work, but I am not sure why.

roselined
10/7/14

It did work on our computer which we use for our database system, which is over 4 years old.

peterm107
10/5/14

The program worked on the first try, I can now access my admin account.

Peter

tamw
10/5/14

This is a scam. Don't use them. Program doesn't work. The site says the program costs $9.99 but I was billed $29.99

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

lindab85
8/11/14

I have two PCs, one is brand new and the other is older and runs Vista. The software worked on both systems. Customer service was also very good.

stevenc56
7/30/14

Quick response to customer support and software was easy to use.

dt33
7/29/14

product doesn't work, customer service is a joke , should have checked the reviews first . do , not get scammed , have a feeling the good reviews are written by them . Do not get scammed this product is a rip off. STAY AWAY

stephaniej14
7/20/14

It worked, thank you. Installed quickly and it's easy to use. Will keep a backup copy for future use if I ever need it again.

sakhawath
7/19/14

Down loaded (for 39.99) software as I forgot my log in windows 7 (Administrator) password that I changed a few hours ago. Does not work. No help over week ends
Sakhawat H

michelles58
6/18/14

I was able to recover my log in, thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Michelle

stevem127
6/18/14

Like the other people here was charged $29.95 when I thought I was only going to pay $9.95. Also, there are no real instructions on how to use this software. I guess they assume that everyone knows computers inside and out! Stay away!!

alisonm18
5/4/14

I just got back into my machine and did not have to enter password. It was quick and easy to use, thanks.

zrnm
5/3/14

SCAMERS scamers. be aware people!!

claudiab7
4/11/14

With the software I could open the password on my daughter's computer which was locked and it successfully changed. Thanks for your support in this matter, definitely will recommend your program.

philj12
4/10/14

I SHOULD HAVE THE COMMENTS ON THE COMMUNITY BOARD. I HAVE NEVER KNOWN A COMPANY TO SHOW THAT THE PASSWORD RECOVERY WAS $9.95 AND THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $29.95. I TRIED THE SOFTWARE FOR 3 HOURS AND NEVER GOT IT TO WORK ON WINDOWS 8 TO RECOVER MY ADM PASSWORD. I HOPE THE COMPANY CAN LIVE WITH THEIR UNETHICAL WAYS. I CAN'T.

juliac16
1/31/14

Thank you for all of your help, it worked. I'm able to log on to my laptop again. Customer service was also attentive and helpful.

Julia

vinniep
1/30/14

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY WHO WONT EVEN LIST A BUSINESS TELEPHONE NUMBER The password recovery tool was a joke, they charged 29.95 instead of the 9.95 and they never refunded the money as it said it would. I recommend you walk far away from this website. i was able to download a free reset tool from pogostick. it worked like a charm,However you should have some knowledge of the .cmd program to use it.

ireneb13
1/23/14

Hi, I purchased the Prosoft3D and as it did not work for what I wanted I emailed them and was given a full refund without any hassles...
Thank you Prosoft3D... Cheers Irene....

thomash54
12/2/13

I was able to recover my password, thank you for your help. Finally able to get back to my computer. Thank you.

jeffl41
12/2/13

Anoher set of $#*!ed up scammers

maryc61
9/24/13

The program downloaded and installed with no problems and worked as it said it would. Thank you and will recommend others to your program.

Mary

kyg1
9/24/13

Over charged by $20. Typical complaint everyone here has_29 plus compared to 9.95. Placed on USB drive from diff computer, reset my bios to read form it_useless. This is basic stuff. If there are instructions anywhere_they could print them on an email or on their website. I gave them in an email response 24 hrs to call or I will have teh charges reversed (my bank is great at at that). All i needed was my admin pw after a pc melt down. The typical solutions do not work_AND NIETHER DOES THIS PROGRAM. AVOID LIKE PLAGUE _unless readers who needed admin access can guide thru it_but i am doubting seriously the positive reviews. And to think it came suggested on CNET_Shame on CNET for not checking them out first hand!

rossd13
7/31/13

Worked great. Thank you for your work and appreciate your help. Will actually forward your business to other people I know.

Ross

paulk54
7/30/13

The operators of this site are scammers. Saw a promotion for iProSoft3d software ad on CNET for $9.95. But, unbeknownst to me, at purchase, it attempted a charge of $29.95 on my credit card. The charge did not go through, so I entered a different credit card. The charge was approved. Only later did I find out from the credit card company that the charge made was for $19.95. The first credit card company which did not approve the charge, treated it as a fraud and called me next day to ask me if I had attempted a purchase of $29.95 from Mobile Software Tech. If not, the credit card company was going to treat this charge as a fraud, freeze the card and issue a new credit card. Only after significant research did I find that Prosoft3d and Mobile Software Tech are related. Watch out for these scamsters.

If I had time, I would pursue this company through various authorities untill I put it out of business.

danielh52
5/6/13

Just a thank you for the password recovery software. I got the software to work. Will let my family and friends know for the future.

Regards,
Daniel

christinej9
5/5/13

Charged me 29.95 for 9.95 as they did the others. i caught it before the credit paid and alerted everyone. They software did not work so I deleted it in case it collects your info.

dawnh10
3/27/13

I was able to reset my 'master' password after a few attempts. I was also impressed with the support I received and will definitely recommend friends to this service. Dawn.

didymusf
3/25/13

This program sucks, it does not work and the most annoying part is you cannot contact them for support. Do not purchase this software it is fake

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Prosoft3D staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: how do you download a purchased software on ipad to my desktop so i can burn a cd and use sw on my old laptop
5/21/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Is it a good business, I see lots of neg reports and I am having troubles with it. Yes ordered product but did not get it. Tried to contact Company could not. Told Bank to not pay predit card billing. Company rejected request. I see lots of complants so I assume this is a rip off.

Please advise
5/23/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Prosoft3D staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Prosoft3D?