US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

8 Reviews for Polyvore.com

▼ Sort by: recent

10/10/13

Creating a set is easy but gaining notice on the site is not. I recommend joining groups and entering their contests to move up on this site. Have not won any prizes so I can't attest to that.

5/19/13

I think it was good, but quite confusing,
I'd recommend it to all those fashion lovers!

12/4/12

I like the curated fashion concept. Even if I dont get something, its cool to see what people like..Its like GQ but without the ads.

2/24/12

I love this site for putting together an outfit!

11/10/11

The only bad thing I can say about this website is that you'll easily get addicted to it!

What I've used it for:
~School projects (and I got 100s on every single one of them!)
~Planning outfits for events and school
~RPing (go ahead and call me a nerd....)
~BEING AWESOME! (like a boss)

Follow me if you're on the site! My name is sparkle-vixen :)

EXPERT
4/26/11

It's a fun virtual styling tool basically. You can browse sweaters, dresses, accessories, shoes and make the style spreads commonly found in fashion magazines. The items are clipped from various sources across the web - fashion retailers, brands' sites, etc so it's a fun way to discover new brands and browse new styles. Of course some of really nice items tend to be high luxury - Yves Saint Laurent, Louboutins, etc that cost $800-$1k an item and wouldn't realistically be a catalogue of what you have if for example you were trying to create a style collage based on items you might have, but it's a great starting point for finding similar items to match outfits you have in mind or might want to buy. A useful tool I've found is the ask advice section. You can post some items you need advice on, matching/sizes and people will pull up other items to answer.

A note that, the images obtained are "clipped" from other websites - so there can be limitations on how well they're representative of a 3D outfit.

2/9/11

I am a really big fan of this site. I suppose you could say it's a bit like a one stop for your luxury shopponh brands. Although you cabt actually buy anything from polyvore.com, it's your go to site whether you're looking for something particular or just browsing. You can select and few products and the site gives you good suggestions of how to accessorize or how to wear a particular trend. It also gives you the option to see the cheapest site online offering the particular product you're viewing, in your home currency so none of this crazy converting to try & guess how much it's going to cost you.
Another plus I would have to say is the different websites (that are actually really good) that you can find by using polyvore as your own mini styling tool. There is a lot you can do on the site, as mentioned in the comment below you can create your own collages of styles and items that you like, like your own personal little online look book.
Definitely worth having a look at when looking for some in season fashion tips or trying to find that particular luxury item online

Apprentice Reviewer
11/21/10

This is one of my new favorite sites! It is a bit adictive actually. You can create (drag-drop) your own outfits and choose from hundrets of fashion pieces. Make a collage and also drag in other favorite items such as nailpolish or bodylotion into the collage. They pretty much have every company to choose from. And if they don't have it, you can load up your own items. It is easy and fun. A real chick site! Try it! ;-)

The Best Fashion Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber