US Government's NSF

beverlys4

25 Reviews for PeopleSmart

▼ Sort by: recent

4/9/14

I love this website it helped me find my dad 23yrs later.. I found an email of his, I emailed him and the next day he emailed me and we starting talking. Now my sister and I are going to see him in four days.. Thank you people smart for helping me

4/7/14

SCAMMERS!! I entered my info when applying for a pt job, filled out everything..hit the "next" button...looped to the beginning again..all my info was gone, repeated the steps, same thing happened, contacted them, concerned w my personal info I entered, now missing..their reply..? Try a different browser. NO. I want an answer to where my personal info went. No reply. I have contacted all credit bureaus to let them know if my credit is compromised, its from peoplesmart or Milestone Management whom I applied with.

3/31/14

I would give 0 (zero!) stars if SiteJabber let me. PeopleSmart scams you by charging a reasonable fee for one look-up and a 7 day "free trial" but they don't tell you about the $19.95 monthly charge in the fine print if you're not lucky enough to get them to acknowledge a cancellation during the 7 day "free trial." I tried to cancel my account during the 7-day free trial, actually suspecting they might try to charge me afterwards (even though I received no notice about the monthly charge), but they didn't honor my cancellation and proceeded to charge me for 3 consecutive months on my PayPal account before I noticed it. I did call to complain, and they reversed two charges -- saying they could only go back 60 days. Anyone who has been scammed should call them up and demand a refund. It's shameless. Even when you try to cancel during the "free trial," they don't let you. Shameless!

3/23/14

These scammers hide a notice that "you will be billed $19.95 a month to keep your service going" (something to that effect). I only found out about this when the charges hit my paypal account the second time (I disputed them with paypal - hopefully they'll reverse them). Finding and cancelling the auto-renewal is about as difficult as curing cancer... it takes a whole lot of digging and clicking through multiple levels of menu to get there. Avoid this service like the plague.

2/18/14

TOTAL SCAM!!! Paid .95 to find an address. Found all PREVIOUS addresses from years gone by but not the CURRENT address. Cancelled my trial membership immediately but when my credit card bill came there was a 39.95 charge from them. I called and talked to a WORTHLESS customer service rep who flatly refused to give me a refund and kept telling me that I did not cancel my membership.So I told the rep to cancel my membership RIGHT THIS INSTANT! He said my membership was cancelled. That was last year...this month there was a 39.95 charge on the same credit card. So i CALLED AGAIN. This time they argued with me saying that I had not cancelled my membership and that I was made fully aware that there would be a re-occurring charge to my card. I told them we would see about that and hung up on the Ahole, called my card company and disputed the charge. They told me they had alot of complaints about this company. STAY VERY FAR AWAY!!!

2/15/14

This site is a complete scam. I should have read the reviews first before paying $7.95 for a bogus report that didn't even have my name on it. I was given divorce records of over 4000 people; none of which were the requested one that they claimed to have. This must be illegal. Stay away from these crooks!!

2/13/14

Total scam company. I paid $.95 for a one-time telephone number lookup and the search didn't even give me a name or any other useful information. They must have hidden a "membership clause" in their terms and agreements online, because I was charged $19.95 a week later. This company is deceptive and they are survive by scamming people $19.95 for the hidden monthly "membership." They should be sued and put out of business!!!!!!

2/11/14

Do not use PEOPLESMART.com. Their site and services were limited. And their .95 intro was useless. I was then charged 19.95 after 7 days without a refund. To add insult to injury, the service representative hung up on me. NOT really "People Smart are they? No one should be subjected to their poor business service practices.

1/30/14

you dont even deserve a one star. You are a ripoff!!!!!! I am repoting to the bbb and the police to have you charged with fraud and scamming.

1/30/14

Wouldn't give them a star if that was an option. Paid the "one-time" fee of .49 cents. I removed my card information quickly afterwords, but somehow still was charged 19.95. Called and spoke to the customer service rep who was very rude and kept telling me I was wrong. Even though I removed my card information they could still charge me. They only gave me a partial credit! Scam at its finest and not to mention rip off! Stay far away

1/24/14

would never use this again i had a choice of one time lookup for .95. I got billed for .95 cents plus another $19.95 for a monthly subscription that i did not want, It was to find out about one number one time only. I would strongly recommend not using people smart!!!!!!!

1/19/14

I canceled my membership in couple days and even received a confirmation just noticed now on my bank account that they have been charging me for months 19.95.

SCAMMERS !!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!!

I need to call bank tomorrow to stop their payments

1/16/14

Signed up for a service through them that was $19.95. I got an offer shortly after to get a "pro" service for $29.95. I assumed that I was just switching from the regular to pro plan... NO- they charged me for MONTHS for BOTH fees!!! Just got off the phone with their horrible customer service rep who could do NOTHING!!! Save yourself the trouble and don't even sign up!!!

1/2/14

Within a day of PeopleSmart's "trial period" service, I cancelled my subscription due to the information they provided not being correct. I was later charged the $19.95 fee. I spoke with Paypal and Chase Bank; they stated they get may complaints about PeopleSmart charging customers after their trial period even though the customer timely cancelled their membership. I called customer service and found the agents to be rude and caustic. My bank was able to get the charge reversed due to PeopleSmart's common practice of bilking its customers. Caveat emptor.

12/27/13

I pd the .95 to get an address of an old neighbour of my dads to inform her of his death. A year later I swathe $39.95 charge on my cc. They did refund the charge but I was not happy that they just automatically charge your card yearly without any notice, especially when you don't give them any authorization to do so. I guess paying for one address search they feel that gives them authorization. People be aware of this scam.

12/21/13

Charged monthly fee without my knowledge and would not refund fee charged.

12/14/13

Looking for a nephew we'd lost contact with. Found his name in their system, paid the .95 to get his address and phone (none of which were him!) and was surprised to see a 19.95 charge on my credit card along with the .95 charge. The girl issues a partial credit today, saying it VERY CLEARLY says on the website that the .95 was good for 7 days only and then I had agreed to the monthly payment. BOGUS! If I had a trial membership, why was it asking for an additional fee for other information on my nephew (probably inaccurate as well!). REPORT THIS COMPANY AND ITS SHADY PRACTICES. don't give them a cent of your hard earned money or they will try to take it all.

11/22/13

This company is a total SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! Do not ever use it or they will find a way to charge you a monthly fee for something you have never used!! I received a confirmation email saying my free trial was cancelled and I will not be charged for future fees and this went on for a year before I noticed I was being charged $19.95 a month for something I thought I had cancelled!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!

10/30/13

***** Be aware, very aware, these guys are scammers....They scammed me from another site I was reviewing for a need to check credit worthiness on a person selling a car. Told me I would have 7-30 day free trial. All I received was phone numbers could have been retrieved from the phone book. They charged me (3) $19.95 for nothing, nothing! They are scammers ......

10/27/13

I wish I'd read these reviews before paying for this scam! They claim they have info but they don't. I am going to report them to the Consumer Protection Bureau, and so should everybody else they scammed.

Apprentice Reviewer
10/27/13

Definitely SKETCHY at best. Supposedly registered with the BBB, my suggestion is report them.

10/27/13

Right after I registered for a free 7 day account, my card was charged for a vido rental from an address that was obviouly from the same people. After the hassle of cancelling my cc, a charge appeared on my paypal account for a month's fees. Also the service sucks and did nothing that can't be done with a google search. STAY AWAY!

7/11/13

I was looking for marriage records for my parents. I don't know when or where they were married, bu I have all of their vital information. I found my mother on PeopleSmart.com and they listed marriage records as available.

They advertised that they had the information I was looking for and that it'd be $7.95 to access it. So I paid, careful to avoid the "Free trial" scam that so many credit check places use. (Free for a week, $35/year thereafter, unless you cancel withing the week. cancelling is usually difficult).

They sent me the "Report" which was just the public vital information I saw before! The "Marriage Records" were just search results for other people with my mothers name that were NOT my mother! The records they advertised they had were not what I needed or paid for.

Unfortunately, every similar site uses a paywall and prevents you from knowing that you are getting the right information. Use with caution and read the Terms And Conditions!

6/26/13

I am very upset about this website. I signed up for a year of reverse phone lookups, but when I tried to use it, they want 7.95 per number. They don't tell you this up front.

11/11/12

Reverse phone number lookup shoyld be called reverse phone number lookout.
If you want to determinbe who owns a number, t his web site says you can do that with a 95 cent charge,,,, 90 % off the normal 19.95 month subscription price..
If you opt to do this...read the the fine print at the page bottom,
This is really a 7 day trail offer and if you dont cancel the service in 7 days your credit card willl be billed 19.95.
The scam is: they get your credit card number and they will bill you 19.95 ffor a longer term subscription which you probaly do not want.
This type of info used to be free on the internet and now this comnpany is taking advantage of someone wanting to lookup one number... and many will not read the fine priint or will not call back to cancel...Not illegal here but irresponsilble sales tactics

About PeopleSmart