US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnnyb32

so much so, i can't believe OkCupid doesn't have a category for these people
(in 60 reviews)

tedj8

I like the questions that it asks users to determine compatibility and the "sections" that it has on people's profiles. (in 34 reviews)

zinod

No, not every date has been true love, but I've had wonderfully loving experiences with very compatible, sincere women. (in 42 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

roberts206
3/3/15

OKCupid is not bad but it is a slow process...really slow! I see many guys complaining. Try sites like mingle2day if you are not happy with OKCupid. Depends on where you live you will most likely be more lucky. I've been on both sites, and know what I am talking about. But again, this site is not bad at all.

dougj7
3/3/15

Everyone seems to like Match, but I've not had much luck with them. I would recommend giving this site a try.

boba40
3/2/15

This site will gladly accept your upgrade to "A-List" and then without notification, warning or explanation delete your account and block. Even for anyone who deserves to be deleted (not scammers) but someone who perhaps violated their TOS they should at the very least notify that person if theyre going to charge their credit card. They have no phone number. They ignore emails. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back. No thanks.

mariam127
2/19/15

I have been on and off of the site (usually as a paid member) for a couple of years now.
While I did have the opportunity to meet a few truly amazing people from the site OK Cupid has become unusable recently.
The site has become increasingly plagued by scammers and disgusting creeps.

The free aspect of the site actually works against it. Too many losers and lunatics are on there now.

The site is literally INFESTED with scammers. The scammers are pretty obvious because these thieves are clearly uneducated idiots. I don't know how they ever get any money from anyone considering what a sloppy job they do. Frankly, anyone stupid enough to buy what the scammers are selling deserves to be scammed.
Yet, you can count on receiving MANY scammer messages per week.
OKC staff does not remove the scammers fast enough. Considering that the moderators are chosen randomly by the "Staff Robot" it is no surprise.

The rest of the site is predominantly:
● People who will never read a single word of your profile but will message you anyway regardless of the fact that your profile makes it very clear they are not what you are seeking.
● Profiles with no photos and/or information.
● Repulsive scumbags with no realistic sense of what losers they are only trying to get laid.
● Fragile narcissists who will take time out of their useless lives to write you and inform you of their opinions about what they do not like about your profile. They take offense when you suggest that if they did not like your profile the healthy choice would have been to move on to another profile rather than investing so much time and energy into one that they clearly hated and disagreed with. So many people seem to NEED to be offended and angry and OKC is a gathering place for these cretins.
● Lookie-loo lurkers and stalkers. These losers will never contact you but they will come back ad nauseum. The staff at OKC takes the side of these creeps and will admonish you if you write these freaks and tell them to stop. Apparently the OKC staff thinks you should just endure the abuse of these often times frightening creeps. I had several abusive stalker problems while on the site.
● Married men cheating on their partners. While there are many folks in honest open relationships on the site there are even more cheaters.

You have to have a LOT of patience to be on OKC. After a while it just felt like digging through a very large pile of manure trying to find a pony.
It was like playing a very disturbing game of Wheres Waldo.

It is too bad because I know there are some very interesting and worthwhile people on the site too but no intelligent and sane person can endure the trashy component for long.

alf1192
2/18/15

You better off meeting a human at a zoo than meeting anyone on here lol. All are fake. Also they will delete your profile for being realistic lol. They also sell your information to outsiders. Try it and guess what you will be dispointed good luck

carloss45
2/11/15

Easy to use but nothing in the world is free. Annoying ads all over the place. And quality and quantity of members is worse than on other sites. Try mingle2day.com. You can thank me later...

kathleenr6
2/9/15

I have several complaints about this website.

1. I have a computer that lags, and I answered an educational question wrong by accidentally clicking the one above it. I explained my answer and said that I like educated women. By the time I realized the wrong answer had been selected, I had already answered the question, and OkCupid has a policy that you have to wait 24 hrs to re-answer. I then got verbally abused by a bunch of women saying that I was stupid, and that I only wanted an educated woman because I wanted people to think I was smart, and so on. I sent in a reports about some of the worst messages, and to this day (1 yr later), haven't heard anything back.

2. There's no point in joining, because if (and I say if because it seems most people just leave their profiles to collect dust and never contact anyone), someone likes you, you can't see who it is unless you pay to be A-list.

3. A lot of the questions don't have the option to choose the best answer for you. For example, there's a question "Do you like to ride motorcycles?" and the only answers available are yes or no. For me and some of my friends who also are on the site, it would depend on the motorcycle, but I just clicked yes. Then there A LOT of yes or no questions where you're willing to accept a yes or no from someone, and if you click both it's marked as irrelevant. Answer a certain number as a irrelevant and it keeps having a message pop us saying to stop marking questions as irrelevant or they lower your chances of finding a match. Problem is, with most questions, you're willing to accept multiple things, which would mark it as irrelevant.

This site just needs to re-think their overall working processes, and at least give you the option to see who likes you without having to pay. If you have to pay to see who is interested in you, it's not worth it and you should just go elsewhere.

jeffreyp25
2/9/15

Part 2 on OKcupid date site I tell you i seen some scam before but they got a good one gone their
i decided to play a game i talk to 3 different women on the site on hangout and yhaoo chat they send these really nice pictures to you and ask to talk to you on yhaoo or hangout what with not talking on the phone any way i spend 4 around 4 hours on each one they tell you how great you are how they think you could be their soulmate they talk about how great they think you are and they ask you questions like what would like to do when you hook and how special you could be to them and then guest what here come the boom can you help out with some money one said she like to get a birthdate gift for herself and so on now mind you i only been talking to these women for a little more than 4 hours. i really think the site is just a place for women with a large ego. now i could name name but what the point i really feel sorry for these women they really beautiful but beautiful can hide an evil heart.

chrisw86
2/9/15

From a guy's perspective, do not sign up for OkCupid. This site, like any other dating site, is really just a huge ego trip for 95%, if not all, of the females on the site. The response rate of messages, for us guys of course, is maybe 1 out of 25. Most of the women on there just got depressed one day & decided to create an account just to have their self-pride boosted & it's become somewhat of an addiction for 'em. They use it as a way to escape their boring and lackluster lives just to get away into this online fantasy world in which they've made themselves out to be absolutely flawless queens. They get on everyday expecting to see an inbox full of messages complimenting them as well as a huge "Who Likes Me" number. They really have no intention of getting off into a serious relationship...nonetheless, responding to any of the messages they receive on an hourly basis. I'm a fairly attractive guy. Plenty of women, in REAL LIFE, have told me face-to-face that they find me attractive & I've had plenty of meaningful relationships in the past. However, on OkCupid I'm all of a sudden an absolute zero. As a guy, your profile hardly ever receives any views or hits, regardless of all the effort you've put into it ranging from well thought out and very descriptive "About Me" summaries to plenty of non-generic photos that actually show you having a great time and smiling. As for receiving a message, you can forget it unless you look like Adam Levine or Channing Tatum for crying out loud. Back to the women though...Just about all of them post these excessively retouched and overly glamorized photos of themselves which are just false pretenses of what they ACTUALLY look like in reality. The women tend to have these insanely high viewpoints of themselves and, I don't mean to sound blunt when I say this, even the ugly, chubby, and downright undesirable ones think they're Miss America and that every man in the world is inferior to them. So to all the guys who have had no luck whatsoever on OkCupid or any other dating sites, I'm letting you know that you're not alone. The notorious "Princess Syndrome" has engulfed nearly the entire female population when it comes to online dating. If you're a guy with an already low level of self-esteem, do yourself a favor and just stay away from online dating or you're gonna eventually find yourself in a severe state of depression.

Tip for consumers: If you're a guy, don't sign up unless you're at Super Model status as far as looks.

garrettg11
2/5/15

I am a man searching for a woman to be my soulmate or something even more. I live in an upscale well known area and I am a good looking guy (at least my friends say so). I work in Internet marketing, and I am a firm believer in ethical honest marketing of products and services. I rarely write website reviews but my recent experience with okcupid compels me to do so. After brief experiments with other free and paid dating sites I chose OkCupid because they are owned by Match.com, the leader in this industry. I spent hours honestly answering over 1500 OkCupid questions and writing an accurate and interesting profile. Added my best and most recent photos... High quality ones showing me in some of my leisure and travel activities. After using the free site for a month with no results I decided to pay for Okcupid for 6 months. And then I went searching. I had lots of over 90% matches but received only a few replies when I messaged my matches of average, above average, and hot women that were marked as online. Over the course of 2 months I "liked" over 1000 women. I messaged over 70 women. Based on my research I expected a few fake profiles. I was disappointed by the fake profiles I believed I found on this sight, so instead of sending pickup lines I began trying to message people to see if you are a real person or another fake profile posted by the OkCupid people. About 50 of my messages were read, according to OkCupid'S website. When I did receive answers they were always short, and no one wanted to go onto the next level of actually talking by phone or meeting someplace public. Very suspicious, I thought! Consistently, when I asked I was given a similar answer. "If no one answers they are not interested" and this is what raised my suspicions. I just couldn't believe there would be so many rude people in my locality. Nearly everyone in my town and neighboring area are quite sociable and friendly. So I began to "test" non responders by telling them I thought their profiles might be fake. My test was to ask them about a store, street or place that only a local resident might know. I was careful to not include questions easily answered with google. After several tests I did receive a few responses. However when I asked my challenge question NO ONE responded...and at least one just said "bye" and that's when I drew my conclusions about OkCupid.
In my opinion I believe Okcupid is certainly engaging and fun to use but does not deliver. It has the potential to be a big time waste, at least from this man's perspective. If there were a way to authenticate users I would be more inclined to continue using the site. However based on my experience I cannot recommend this site to other men. I would be quite interested if any other men gave had better experiences .

Tip for consumers: 1. Validate your contacts by asking them a question only someone living in their locality would know. for example, what's the name of the newest store in the (you name the center) shopping center, or what gas station just closed or opened, etc. Be sure to ask a question not easily answered by Google. if they are a real person you will get an honest answer. Otherwise run like hell.

michaelh139
2/3/15

Is you crazy?! Ridiculous site! As a gay male paying member (oops!), I've got absolutely no return for my money. Ten months & nothing! Not many want to actually return a message but you will find plenty of fake profiles, pic.'s & outright lies. It doesn't seem to matter if one inputs what their preferences are or how far one is willing to look. The only place I haven't been directed to is Borneo & nothing in my area, although I specifically asked for a 1-200 mile radius from L.A. Input what type of person does absolutely no good either, you'll be shown all kinds anyway. I'm still occasionally tricked into momentarily believing some profiles but find out quickly by their grammar, etc. that it's not real. Good luck on finding so much as a day laborer on this site, I think that's what they mostly are in real life.

Tip for consumers: Don't get your hopes up, it ain't happening.

mausiw
1/28/15

Really believe Okcupid is OK...not more / not less. You'll be much more lucky on Mingle2day.com or Match, but basically this site is not all bad.

kelsm
1/19/15

I am so happy I went on OKCupid. After a couple of dates, I found the most amazing man. We are going on 5 months now and I have never been happier! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I have never been treated so right. If I would have never gone on OKCupid, I would have missed out on this incredible man. Maybe it's not the first date you find love, but just be patient there are wonderful and loving people out there waiting for you.. Thank you, thank you, thank you OKCupid! My heart is so full of love thanks to you.

lindap61
1/13/15

Perusing the reviews here has been fascinating and entertaining. It seems most people either love OKCupid or hate it. My overall impression: reading the reviews with the same kind of discrimination you should use in reading on-line dating profiles will net you an overall positive impression of OKCupid. Fortunately, though, I don't even have to rely on that as I used OKCupid for about four years and have my own experience to go by. I found the site to be extremely user-friendly and I talked to many very nice and interesting people over time. I met several, dated a few and ultimately ended up in the relationship I expect to be my last. I think this is about all you could ask of a free on-line dating site. If this is not your experience I think you probably have unrealistic expectations and/ or you're just " doing it wrong." One complaint I've seen a lot of here that I'd like to address is that there are a lot of questions you "have to" answer. Well, no. There are no questions you have to answer; but since the matching algorithm is based on mutual answers, the more questions you answer the better your matches will be. The questions are submitted by other members and so can be repetitious, but again, you don't have to answer them all. If you think you've already answered the question, you can just move on. If you think the question is innappropriate or you just don't want to answer it, you don't have to. the questions range from thought-provoking and illuminating through just good fun to crass and/or useless. Pick and choose. I greatly enjoyed my experience with OKCupid and have recommended it to dozens of single friends. I also tried Match, Plenty of Fish, Senior People Meet and Spiritual Singles and OKC was far above any of them in my opinion.

Tip for consumers: Answer lots of questions. It doesn't have to be done all in one sitting, just add to them as you have time. The more questions you answer the better the matching algorithm works. After answering several hundred questions, I found that I only needed to respond to people who were a 98 or 99% match. If you haven't answered many questions, though, that standard will get you nowhere.

lozt
1/13/15

I have invested money and time into Okcupid. The following describes my findings:

The website actually has staff members posing as attractive female users. These users all present the same theme of a played out feminist or bisexual woman who are desperately afraid of men or any kind of relationship involving trust on her end. Prior to messaging any of these women, my account was functional for months. However, after messaging these women (which are staff members), I was banned from the website by IP address shortly after, and I had JUST subscribed in order to see if these users were actually reading my messages. This is no coincidence. This is a very common story and you can find it ALL over Reddit. It is no place for any man to meet a woman and the site seeks to get you to subscribe and flash-ban you such that you cannot cancel your subscription without difficulty. Truly dishonest business practices involved here. STAY AWAY. Preserve your emotions for something else.

Tip for consumers: Don't even waste your lifespan haha.

carriem37
1/10/15

So many scam artist. They come at you like vultures. If you give it some time you will find they have the same sob story. They all have one child. They are either divorced or their wives are dead or left on drugs. Be careful about the copy and pasting and they never want to talk on the phone. They are all full of crap but theyvare stealing other people's identity off Twitter and Facebook as well as their pictures. They are copying and pasting their words in emails and texts. They are persistent. Just be careful remember your get what you pay for. They troll this site because it is free.

Tip for consumers: This site is full of scam artists. They all tell you they are in the military and on a peace keeping mission. They never talk on the phone. They either want to text or instant message you. If they don't talk don't deal with them. What do they have to hide. They are stealing other people's information and pictures while copying and pasting the information on these made up profiles. All very bizzare. It happened to me years ago. They are very persistent and will try to wear you down with creeks of

timn14
1/9/15

I don't get what most people on here are complaining about. Although I must admit I have never tried to get the attention of support staff. But I have met lots of great people on OKC. People it is internet dating, just because someone doesn't reply to you it doesn't mean they are fake. Especially on a site like OKC where is it is free to be able to message people. I know women on there that receive 100+ emails a day. Lots from guys that are being unrealistic / are not their type / didn't say anything interesting. You can't reply to everyone. Hell I probably average 2 emails a day from new women, I don't reply to most of them (I am busy replying to the women I do want to talk to). Especially the ones that haven't tried / haven't read my profile / are being overly optimistic.

Yes I am sure there are instances of people who pull scams on OKC, it is the internet in 2015. This happens everywhere. OKC is a great platform, I have used it for years, I have fallen in love here, I have gotten laid, I have made great new friends.

Tip for consumers: Make the effort. Write a great profile, get your mates to help you with choosing photos that are fun / interesting / reflect you honestly. Take the time to write to people based on what they have said, not some generic message. And be realistic with who you are targeting. Imagine you are in a bar, would you go talk to this person, do you think that they might genuinely be interested in you? The internet is no different, it is still filled with real people behind screens.

bethg18
12/19/14

Don't waste your time. If you search google with these keywords " okcupid scam " you'll invariably ascertain the truth (I couldn't help but to notice some of the claims of finding one's soulmates within some of the reviews on here and find those commenters of dubious origins at best).

I would bother to give more to this review of Okcupid but invariably if you are reading this you've already been deleted by the okcupid conmen or have experienced some other sort of problem with them. As for the few commenters on here leaving a positive review...really now? Firstly, what would be the motive to find a site to review positively about something that was over and done with once you met that soul-mate (as claimed)....or in better words; If I had a company of employees and needed to boost the victim enlistments my employees would be instructed to find one site each using google to say something good about "our" company.

Enough said. Live and learn and then go on to relate your experiences so the next generation can be spared.

P.S. Don't bother emailing okcupid or calling; hundreds have already reported that they don't respond.

Tip for consumers: Once you figure out that the site is a waste of time do bother to leave your footprint in the sand with a site such as bbb or consumercomplaints.com or this site....do it for the next generation of victims.

alc133
12/16/14

OKCupid is a mostly "free" dating site whose actual source of revenue is advertising. The advertising value of the site is determined by the traffic through it, so users are manipulated into logging in as frequently as they can be persuaded to do so. A user will not be shown all of the profiles which meet his/her search criteria at any one time, and only by 'activity' will a user get to see more profiles. OKCupid is a huge time-suck. and I'm guessing only useful in densely populated areas. Whatever you do, don't pay for 'A-list'.

jenniferm94
12/14/14

This site actually has a lot of potential in my book but unfortunately there just aren't a lot of active men in my area. I get contacted by some serious creepy dudes that have nothing in common with me.

For starters, they have you answer a lot of questions & rate how important the response is in the other person. I find it great to know immediately if someone isn't for me. I also enjoy calling men out for saying it's sexy to see 2 women making out but they also say they're very into their Christian religion & don't support gays. Can we say hypocrite? Anyways, if everyone fills out the questions it's extremely helpful & the site even gives you a percentage of how much of a match you are.

Since this site isn't very active in my area I haven't dealt with any crazies yet to know how OKC handles those situations.

I'm giving it a 3 because I know OKC could have a lot more members in my area so they need better advertisement. They have a great idea but need to get it moving again.

jennyp21
12/14/14

This site needs to be monitored by the FBI/CIA. There are people there that have a very dark motive. Women over 50 beware they are targeting you !! Trust me I was one of them.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site!!!!!

louiseh28
12/5/14

Go into this very carefully. There are probably legitimate users but a LOT of potential scammers. I get a lot of messages from guys less than half my age - not too hard to figure out why, they are looking for money. Spent a lot of time talking and texting with a guy my age who said he was working on a mining project in the Ukraine - THEN problems developed and sure enough, he asked me for money. I hung up on him.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful of scammers.

elizabethj26
12/1/14

There are just so many bots and scams infiltrating these sites..designed of course to get your email address or your IP address. OK Cupid has a ton of that going on, so just be super careful! The biggest alert is a flood of emails when you first join that are 1. from other states and 2. that use ( ladies!) the words "my dear" or long sentences without punctuation. If you delete these and stick with the local interests you should be OK, well...as OK as anyone is going to be using a dating site to meet people. Stay focused and don't forget to read between the lines. I think this site is OK for ease of use and easy start up without cost. Cheers

michaelw116
11/27/14

This site is ridiculous. At first it is fun, but I learned some things. Instead of have the people that work for them review pictures and profiles, they have members do it.

I was testing this out by writing a fake profile. I didn't violate any of their terms or conditions, but the first profile was for an angry gay male. the next i did was an angry lesbian. the third i did was a suicidal male.

i didn't use any profanity, racial slurs, or the word hate at all, in any of those profiles.

all 3 were flagged and they blocked my access. i emailed the staff asking them why and never got a single response.

i am assuming that because they let the users review and flag profiles and pics my accounts were banned because a few people didn't like what i wrote.

this site is bull$#*! and just know that your account can be banned for any reason even though you don't violate any of their user agreements.

if i paid for this site i would sue them

russele4
11/22/14

I joined this dating site 7 months ago. I've tried so many dating sites but just get so disappointed. This okcupid was amazing! After a few weeks of signing up and trying to find some nice guys out there who knows how to treat woman very well I end up meeting and talking to scammers and stupid guys who are only looking for fun, yes i mean sex! So annoying! Honestly I started to lose hope so i decided to stop it. After a month, i tried to check if someone messaged me, Then i saw a picture of a handsome man and get so interested to know him so i messaged him up and he responded immediately :) I met a very very very special man. I am an Asian and he's an American. He's very kind and sweet and thoughtful and amazing!! We have the same age. Now I'm so proud to say that we are now on our 6th months anniversary! 5-6-14..and still counting. Long distance relationship. But we enjoy, laughed, and smile on each other everyday!! And soon, he will going to get me and finally be with him. I already met his family, talked and chatted with his amazing mom and grandmother.. We get along so well. He's my future husband, he asked me so many times if I will marry him. My answer were always be a YES!!! I'm so so happy with him!!! Contented!! Thanks okcupid!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Be patient, nice and sincere. God is working on it :)
God bless us all!!!

daves119
11/21/14

I'd heard good things about this site from a mate. It is easy to use and free, which is great, although you have to answer a lot of seemingly pointless questions. I signed up and made the mistake of saying that I was just looking for something casual. Clearly if you are a guy and this is what you are really looking for, then this might not be the site for you, unless you have very thick skin. Probably better to lie (as my mate did) and claim that you are looking for a "short-term relationship" if you want to avoid the inevitable abusive responses to emails in which you have written something grossly offensive like "Hi, I like your profile, please have a look at mine and let me know if you are interested". Time for me to give up on internet dating I think...

Tip for consumers: If you're looking for something "casual" then instead you should say that you are looking for a "short-term relationship". As the site is free I have no real complaints. Easy-to-use interface and good search options.

joep125
11/14/14

Male here. Third week of intermittent effort and suddenly most functions inoperable. Site indicated a number of females who have expressed interest, so I pay. Instantly back to all functions and I discover that the "interest" had been reversed and I was the one who actually initiated it. Two apparently did show interest, but they were hundreds of miles away. Now
I look at the billing and it shows up on the bank statement as okcupid.com instead of the
generic "rainbow" or some such name I had reviewed on the privacy policy, so now I have
to cancel that card. I should have guessed after seeing the affiliation with match.com, another bait and switch, keep billing after cancellation outfit I tried some years ago.

anonymousa23
11/14/14

Terrible dating site for women who want a real emotional connection. It's all about the screwing and hook ups on okcupid! I met my boyfriend on there, we've been together for 2 years now. I got lucky! We didn't engage in sexual activities to start and it ended up being the perfect relationship!!! These immature men online don't think Anything that doesn't involve sexual organs is worth it. without the emotion where's the relationship headed? Down the drain! I hope I stay with my unique ly wonderful and kind boyfriend forever so I don't have to date other guys anymore..oh wait, dating doenst exist it's hook ups now :p

Tip for consumers: Be careful. Women become sluts over time on okcupid. But I used it for three months and met my boyfriend who's wonderful..try it you might get lucky like me ;)

peterw46
11/10/14

Up front I give this site 5 stars. I am astonished that it is not the most popular site. Why: because it is the only free site that I have found that gives basic real contact with other participants, which just does not exist at any other site that I have looked at. No one seems to make this fact clear. You can pay for more features, but the lack of these features does not prevent you from making real contact. All the other sites want to charge you as soon as you click on sending a message and want to lock you into automatic renewal at substantial rates. In fact, looking at the reviews of these other sites, it looks as though they are being run by con artists. The constant changing of the cost at these other sites also suggests that they are trying to manipulate you.
As to the people presenting themselves at OKc, I have not found any evidence that it does represent the normal spectrum of people that you meet in every day life.
My suggestion is that you try it. I wonder if the negative reviews have been submitted by the other unscrupulous sites. It is well within the domain of a psychopaths.

Tip for consumers: I think my revue says it all.

tammyp11
11/8/14

There are way to many scammers on okc and it is hard to meet anyone close to home.kept getting responses from peope out of state even though my profile stated that I dont do long distance relationships.this site is not for me.

janes77
10/29/14

Women especially you single mom's beware, I reconnected with a guy that I went to highschool with on this website. I was very excited about it seeing I always thought he was cute. He turned out to be pretty perfect, I thought I was so lucky and almost introduced him to my 7 year old daughter. Then one day out of boredom I decided to google him, good thing I did seeing he is a registered sex offender. Lets just say it was a good thing he wasn't around when I discovered this. Be careful!

zinod
10/19/14

Have used OkCupid since my marriage dissolved 5 years ago.

No, not every date has been true love, but I've had wonderfully loving experiences with very compatible, sincere women. I've been amused by some of the negative reviews on SiteJabber, which seem rather bitter about online dating and life in general.

Don't let the negativity get the best of you. The creators of OkC have been written up in the New York Times, the New Yorker, etc because this site's algorithms and methods really do work. It's fascinating and fun. You still need to MEET the person you're interested in to see if you have chemistry or not, and you need to be interesting, creative and worth dating YOURSELF or you'll be disappointed when your date is disappointed in you.

OkC gives us all free rein to express ourselves in the profile... be honest!... and the multiple-choice match questions determine compatibility ratings much more effectively than any self-descriptions we might choose for ourselves. The range of interests and quirks in the match questions really does give a "personality rating" and has been very accurate in my experience. A good match rating has always led to meeting a good person, whether or not we took it beyond a date or two. Chemistry is an in-person discovery no matter what site one uses.

Be bold, don't whine or complain, don't be a misogynist or man-hater, don't be bitter or have so much baggage you need a self-storage unit to hold it. Be nice, be creative, and BE HONEST. Have fun with it and BE fun yourself.

Dating isn't for sissies. Man (or woman) UP.

Tip for consumers: The free version of the site is enough for many people, and I've used it free for years with good results. Paying the paltry monthly fee for A-List membership DOES offer valuable search-options.

Filter messages! Especially ladies... cut back on the irrelevant messages.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!! As many as you can... since this is how you find someone you really want in your life.

sb93
10/15/14

This site is in my opinion pretty bad. Like any dating site. The majority of people on there don't know what they want. So typically it results in a "hook-up" situation. Online dating is really just a quick and easy way to put yourself out there and spontaneously meet a random person which leads to sex. Or the attempt for that. More simply put: People are very shallow on dating sites. I think a lot of people join it on a whim after a break up and need some attention. They lead you on a lot. Are dishonest with their appearance and other information about themselves. This is coming from someone who has used OKCupid for probably over 3 years. I am a male who was in search for a women that also wanted a meaningful relationship. I couldn't find anyone as a match for me. I met numerous women in person but it was clear they indirectly had sex in mind. Thankfully the site is free so you're not wasting money on this stuff. I've come to realize online dating is not the solution to finding someone you can "match" with. This science to statistically matching people with others is a joke. We are humans, not machines. And let's face it. The percentage of all of us on a dating site is very very small to the full population of single persons out there in our area. Let's all get real and learn how to approach each other, in person, out there instead.

Tip for consumers: It's a joke. You meet a lot of fake and shallow people who are lost and confused.

amyb40
10/10/14

For those who want to find a partner, this site is absolutely the most reliable one. It is free and useful, but not really for adults.

michaelb177
10/9/14

Ok cupid to me is a waste of time. I call this place a bar scene full of people who only wants to have a one night stand. I have sent so many emails to women with no responses back. I felt like i was talking to myself. And as far as customer swrvice well it is non existence. Mind as well be alone watching the tube at least i have some type of entertainment from it. OKC IS A TOTAL JOKE.people on it must only be looking for one thing only, ok , two things, just wasting time looking at profiles there to kill the time, and a quickie. I have been out with one women who after going she admitted to me she went out with 300 guys( dont ask) and prefers dating over any type of relationship. She also mentioned that she had another date after me. She like first dates only. That makes you stop and think if that place is a brothel or a hooker site. I had to pull away from that site. As i said this place is a joke. There are no real and truthfull people just players.

johnnyb32
10/6/14

I've used for Okcupid for 4-5 years and here is what I learned.

1. Don't expect alot of responses. The average reply rate in 1 out of 50 messages sent

2. The questions are fun to answer but offer little else as the match % doesn't really matter. You can never know what girl will reply back to you despite her match %

3. It's free to do a lot of basic things but you'll have to pay a fee to get extra services. The best feature "A"-Listers have over Free Users is the ability to see whether or not someone has actually read your message. lots of times you're not sure whether or not a girl has actually seen your message since she probably has dozens (hundreds if she's good looking) to read. Other than that, the 5000 message cap is nice since you'll likely to run out of room with the free 300 message gap (since it includes messages sent as well as messages received.)

4. At first, i started to only message girls that i liked (appearance and personality-wise), when I wasn't getting results, i threw caution to the wind and messaged every girl possible. this landed me dozens of replied, several dates, and a relationship that i'm still currently in.

Bonus: I wanted to see what online dating would be like if I was a girl so I made up several fake profiles and learned a few things.

1. Lots of couples ask you for threesomes. so much so, i can't believe OkCupid doesn't have a category for these people

2. Lots and I mean Lots of guys. the ratio of boys to girls is at least 5:1

3. Lots and lots of generic messages (hey, sup, yo) and cooker-cutter messages (hey girl, i think you're cute and i like your personality) my personal favorite being (you probably won't see this message since i'm sure your inbox is filled with messages but i wanted to tell you, etc.)

3.5 Guys are super quick to give out phone numbers, email addresses, and home addresses

4. good amount of long thought out messages that clearly show they have read the profile at least

5. girls reply more when you send them messages, even a few of the straight girls have sent a reply.

So yeah, that's pretty much my review in a nutshell.

Tip for consumers: Be realistic with your standards. If you're a hot guy, then have your pick. If you're average, then go for average looking girls, if you're ugly, then take what you can get.

as for girls, if you're hot, expect hundreds of messages and even average looking girls can expect dozens of messages as well. also let your intent be known about why you signed up and stick with it.

shannonc28
9/25/14

This is the absolute WORST website for dating imaginable. Totally setup for phishing and scamming. The profiles are made up of the worlds most uninteresting, desparate and ugly people. TOTAL TRASH.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

kristens12
9/14/14

I was very skeptical about this site when I first went on. I'll admit, they do ask you to answer a ton of questions when you make your account (I only answered them all because I had insomnia and nothing better to do). Yeah, I got a few messages from scammers, but after only a month, I met my boyfriend of two years who I now live with. And for the record, I did this with NO pictures uploaded- I find that cuts down on the scammers. I can't really compare to other sites, but I can say that someone who is honest in their profile and knows what they're looking for can definitely find what they're after here without too much trouble.

I've read a lot of reviews from guys who have had problems finding a serious girl here- to them I say, be a little more patient. There are a lot of creeps on the internet and a girl has to sort through all that to figure out if you're a serious guy, particularly on a free site that any psycho could be using. This site updates your matches pretty regularly, so if you keep at it, you should be able find a girl who is willing to give it a try. But to the guys saying they pushed for a face to face meet really quick- BIG MISTAKE! I would NEVER meet a guy I met online until we had talked enough via email or phone that I was sure it wasn't a trap. My boyfriend messaged me for about a month before I was willing to meet him. If you're truly a serious guy, then you should know that a serious girl needs (and is worth) the wait to be sure. If you're going to be an ass about it, then it's no wonder you don't get responses to your messages.

arielh6
9/14/14

OkCupid is a very well made site. Sometimes the people can be a little strange but you will run into that anywhere. Really helpful as of location of people, their interests, and their values. I met my current boyfriend of two years on OkCupid, along with some new internet friends. Thanks, OkCupid! :D

Tip for consumers: If you're looking for "the one", be patient! I had my account for almost two years before I REALLY found someone I clicked with. Just talk to multiple people and experience new people! Everything is a learning experience.

carriem29
9/12/14

Believe it or not, I met my husband on this site! We have almost been married a year and have a newborn baby girl. I honestly never thought I would meet my husband on a dating website, but I got a surprise when everything fell in place. I have referred 2 good friends to the website and they both are happily dating someone they met on okcupid. I think it all matters on what you put in... Me and my husband took time to answer all the questions and write a decent amount in our profiles, so our compatibility percentage was on point. You'll have to read through some perverts and D-bags messages buying the end you might just find Mr. Right. (-: it's hard to believe my husband lived 20 minutes from me and I would have never met him if it weren't for okcupid.

Tip for consumers: Fill out your profile and answer ALL the questions.

gxy1
9/11/14

Guys don't be stupid. I have a wonderful dating site that is sure to deliver at least 90% of the
time. It's call Back Page. Caum The women are mostly single mothers, young college girls looking for financial arrangements to keep them in school or off of the street. Best part about it is you don't have to pay a ripoff site any fee. It's free to browse all day. Real new girls come on the site daily. Stop wasting your time and money on dating sites. One sure date with these back page girls will cost less than paying these ripoff dating sites and a date with an old ugly lady who is desperate for a pay check.

benm56
9/7/14

What do women love?! Confident and bad guy type.
What do women hate?! Depressed men,not confident to approach women.So just by been on OKC and other dating sites we loose a lot of points,let alone the messages that we send which make as look like losers by putting this women that we don't even know on pedestal.
Like all the other dating sites OKC is made of 50% fake profiles,30% ugly,overweigh with kids women that are looking for handsome,tall and rich guy...go figure.
10% paid for sending messages and 10% women that just got depressed one day and opened an account.
As soon as you open the account you get a message from some woman that want to chat and meet you.When you try to reply her account is deleted.
Next some women messages you saying that "it's a match" or "what's going on" but after you greed them they never reply back.
Then you start sending like 50 messages and after that nothing happen...Nada!
Seriously guys there is no women on the internet...not even average women!If there is there must be something seriously wrong with her.

Tip for consumers: Real world guys!Take chances!be real!

chrisr81
9/7/14

Joined OK Cupid thinking it would be a fun way to meet new people. Immediately after signing up, I was bombarded with extremely explicit message from girls of lower than average attractiveness asking for pics. Received a lot of obvious phishing scam messages and crude crap, but never anything genuine. Best part of all: my IP was banned after 1 week after having done NOTHING wrong. I created a dummy profile right after and saw that my picture was still up and the sure had me marked as 'active'. An absolutely deplorable business practice; they should be ashamed of themselves. I found out later that Ok Cupid compiles preference data on its users and sells it to marketing corporations. I suppose they just terminated my account as soon as I had filled out enough info to make them a buck. Easily the worst dating service I've ever used(I'm hesitant to even call it a service); save yourself the grief and just use tinder.

williamg45
9/6/14

OkCupid should change their name to OkStupid. They won't help you if you are having problems by answering simple questions. However, they expect you to answer a gillion or so questions from them. How many do you have to answer before the let you in? Who knows I answered almost 300. This is crazy. Then they gave me $#*! about my one and only photo of myself, saying that it's too small, select another. Well, I don't have another. Nor do I know how to post one if I had it. Then, when I finally did get in, my conversation was one way. I don't know if she got it or not, because I don't know where my mailbox is. It's not like facebook where you can see the entire conversation right there. This site sux. It is NOT user friendly at all.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time unless you are very computer savy.

ianh40
9/1/14

I've been actively using okcupid for about two and a half years. The UI is better than POF and the app is LOTS better, but the users are just not serious about meeting. In Oklahoma (boring place with absolutely NOWHERE for an interesting yet tame place to meet that also doesn't have the pressures of a date) many of the 18-24 year old women are overweight, a parent, or too far away to be convenient. Okcupid could at least clean up their matching by distance technique (748-zipcodes are not anywhere close to 731-zipcodes). But yeah, I've had just as much luck online as i have had in real life: 0. I've answered almost 2400 match questions. And have met TWO people in two and a half years: one was weird and completely unlike me, and all the other wanted to talk about was her clueless idiot 26-year-old virgin boyfriend (even though I messaged her first! She said "well you have 'new friends' under 'looking for'" which has an entirely different meaning if it's on a DATING site. Searching by body type is a premium feature which is frustrating when you're a lean, muscular 22 year old in an obese state (and who has a higher propensity to be on a dating site? Fat or thin people?). Maybe it's just Oklahoma, but I have had NO luck for THREE YEARS (on and offline). You only get one shot with your first message and it's rare I get a reply. Maybe restrict browsing or other features if you don't reply enough? As of now, I do not recommend the site.

xxxx3
8/30/14

after 1 week cannot login anymore nor website nor mobile.
"we have some technical difficulties" is the answer from the website if you login.
"there us something wrong with your account" is the answer on the mobile app.
i sent them an email, never reveived an answer.
they are not capable of maintaining a database.
lucky i am a free member otherwise the money was gone.

Tip for consumers: find another dating website

kurta7
8/29/14

The email address and password I've used for years suddenly denies me access to "my account." I've had enough.

Please cancel my account under Kurt Austermann, Medford, Oregon.

Tip for consumers: FREE dating? Don't believe it!

joannar4
8/18/14

OKC is the best website I've used. Match, Ourtime and Chemistry were a complete waste of time. They and others are very conservative. I am an atheist; on other websites, there simply aren't any. You won't see "cuddle in front of the fire" or "moonlit walks on the beach" (especially when the nearest beach is 400 miles away) and my favorite "I will go shopping with you and hold your purse and lip-lock you in public" (you'll get bit if you try that with me). Detailed lists of favorite books, authors, movies, etc.) On OKC I can say exactly what I am - atheist, liberal - and I get lots of responses. Profiles mean very little to me. The matching system is the best. It really goes into detail, and if the system says you are less then a 75% match, pay attention. The key is to answer enough questions. There are about 5000, I've answered 2,000. Many people don't answer any; what's the point? The profiles/pictures don't have to be approved. However, if you find something offensive, report it and they will do something about it. You can even write "$#*!," and it won't be deleted. I've had many dates from this site. Another plus: you can filter mail. I filter by match % (I don't want to see matches less than 75%) and age; there are other criteria, also. You can see the filtered messages, if desired.

Tip for consumers: If you are liberal, aren't religious, and want very specific qualities, this is the place for you. Fascinating profiles and the matching system is the best. I've had more dates from this site than all other combined.

julieg33
8/8/14

No one is serious about meeting on this site, like all the rest...are you people afraid or what? I hardly receive any interested on okcupid...men are so petrified to meet in PERSON.. What is wrong? Im nice looking with great personality..The fat women with crazy personalities get more men than i do.. I guess i better start eating double pound cheeseburgers and be crazy to get a man..I dont want to grow old by myself..

ryan
8/8/14

Total waste of time at least for men. I have other guy friends that have tried okcupid as well and im the only one that hasnt given up yet and thats just because its free and I got time to waste. The girls virtually never reply and when they do its basically just to mess with you. Of the few that even do theyll message you once maybe 3 times then never again. Ive tried everything I could think of to get them to reply too. It doesnt matter what your profile says, what kind of pics you post, what kind of message you sent, or how high of a match you are they simply will not message you will not reply to yours. I have been on this site for the last 5 years whenever I was single and of the time i wasnt it was never any thanks to okcupid. I think this may be because it's free a lot of girl might figure theyll sign up just too mess around (not cool some of us are actually on there looking for someone). Maybe I got something maybe I dont but whatever the case is no matter what you do it is not likely you will have any luck whatsoever with this site.