US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnnyb32

so much so, i can't believe OkCupid doesn't have a category for these people
(in 78 reviews)

joannar4

Unfortunately, as others have noticed, the customer service is nonexistent. (in 8 reviews)

zinod

No, not every date has been true love, but I've had wonderfully loving experiences with very compatible, sincere women. (in 49 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kevint47
7/1/15

This site has SOOO many posibilities but the issues keep getting in the way.

It has a great base of real people lurking.....

and that is the best & worst of everything. I am on my 3rd account go- round. HAd to close 2 previous ones due to issues and aggresive behaviors.

This site has the most STUPID site ban process ever. Its beyond stupid.

EXAMPLES:

1) women complain about getting all these in their inboxes = :)

And yet they are the worst offender to do that, hmm

2) many hookers there and DONT DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT> because I guess they are payin the okc light bill.

3) WOMEN DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SITE AT ALL.

I was censored by admin because a woman complained that I WAS USING SITE FOR OTHER THAN SERIOUS RELATIONSHIPS>>>yes I was and am> SEARCHING FOR= FRIENDS, EVERYBODY, EVERYWHERE

So whats her issue?

There is an entire under the table social thing going on there too. Lots of ADULT things if you know how to get there, but DONT TRY THAT< because the whole system is arranged for THEM TO FIND & APPROACH YOU.

You do it the other way around and you will be flagged and banned.

I do find merit in the site and if you enjoy reading good writing, the profiles there will keep you busy and be rewarding. JUST DONT START MESSAGING PEOPLE.

The bottom line for pkcupid for all the new comers is this: ITS A SITE FOR BEING SEEN. There is an elite grouping of people who were selected and allowed IN to that grouping. If you are there, well okc becomes an entirely different website than the one seen by the UNDESIRABLES.

This goes for males & females.

If this site were to make just a few changes, it could be the best social site going. I SAID "IF".

-k

chelseal4
7/1/15

I tried POF and that didn't take so I decided to try OkCupid since I heard it was a lot different. You fill out a personality assessment and answer questions for it to help find you people that match up. I was feeling hopeful about that feature until I saw the messages I was getting. Every guy that messaged me was very unattractive and to be blunt I'm an 8 so I was baffled guys like that even had the nerve to message me. I wait two weeks to see if it changed. Not one message. Not one person stood out to me or was even average looking. I'm not sure if it's better when you pay for a membership but the free features are definitely a no-go. If you're someone who isn't unfortunate looking I don't recommend this site. These are the types of people that live in their mom's basement. Put off free online dating completely.

dannym43
6/29/15

It cost &the woman are in dream land....
If you got $$ to burn... And want to put up with B.S.....
Go for it....

laras11
6/28/15

Been there , done that , still there for the automatic laughs .
Here is a hint " you have such a smile sparkling " 1. Grammar ! 2 in my pics o do NOT smile
Extremely long introduction ending with could you be the one for me . NO
Also the widowed father and child that just moved here and want You in their lives . Plus don't forget the ones that were in Florida last month , Indiana last week , South Dakota this week with exact same pictures and profile . Bots never answer more than 5 of OKC questions . Take it all in stride . Play safe and with a grain of salt .

tacov1
6/26/15

It's a great site with a very clean and easy layout. I've met a number of partners over the years on OKCupid, both for casual hookups and longer-term relationships. It can feel a little small after a while, but if you are willing to put in some work there are enough interesting people to make it very worthwhile.

karens99
6/23/15

I called OKCupid and they helped me find just what I needed. One item they didn't have and they send me to the site that still had it. Wonderful customer service!

henryd29
6/23/15

I've been on OKC for several years, on and off. I have met several ladies through the site who I had a lot of fun with. I like the fact that is essentially free. Most sites don't let you message people unless you pay. OKC is not like that you can message people right away. I suppose the downside is that many women especially the more attractive ones get a TON of messages. As a guy I find that many women don't respond to my messages often, my best results is where the girl has contacted me first.

I like the Q&A format. While some people who have answered 1000 questions just have too much time on their hands, I find it enables me to get a good feel if we are compatible. e.g. people who answer the question "Which is bigger the sun or the earth" and get it wrong blow me away! It makes me wonder if they rest of their answers are random.

I pay for A-list so that I can browse profiles without being seen and I can tell if a girl opened my email and just did not respond.

The biggest thing about OKC I like is the clean layout. Compared to the mess that is PlentyofFish OKC is super organized. They changed navigation slightly recently and I don't like it as much but it's still very clean.

And once again it's free.

christind1
6/22/15

the questions to answer is a stupid waste of time. I'm pretty sure my potential match doesn't care if I like crunchy or creamy peanut butter. none of my ex's cared about that. I've been off and on the site for many many years. I always started with POF, and when that site turned up silent and cold, I would switch to OKC. I've been single about 3 months now, and decided to get "back out there" I joined pof 3 months ago and I haven't gotten 1 email, message or wink. talk about a shot to my confidence. After deleting my pof profile, I opened one up on okc. I re-activated my old account where I've answered well over 300 questions. after updating all my pictures and calling it a night I logged on about 3 days later. with 67 views to my profile 44 people liking me and 1 message in my inbox. and it was some guy from turkey who said I had pretty eyes. I logged off again for a few more days, came back and had 22 views, 7 people that liked me and 0 messages. I've gone ahead and messaged a bunch of guys, saying their profiles and personalities are hilarious, and they're interesting, funny, talented ect. not a single reply. all the guys in my area are looking for an adventurous skinny free spirit, and they're the complete opposite! I know I live in ca but that superficial-ness is really unrealistic. I just deleted my profile, maybe online dating just isn't for me. I don't know why I keep going back, but there has to be a better site out there with people actually willing to talk to you.

toddm40
6/16/15

I have got to say, reading all of the reviews on this site, that I have to wonder whether we are using the same thing?

Every one of my last 4 relationships, over the past 10 years, has been either with women whom I have met on OKC, or whom I have met through friends that I have made through women I have met on OKC... And I have never encountered a scammer there!

Maybe it's because I only spend time on women with a >= 90% match and a <= 10% enemy with me...!

I find their matching algorithm to be excellent... And it doesn't matter how silly the questions are, it will match you with people who answered similarly as you did!

abbec
6/13/15

The site is full of scammers and escorts. A total waste of time.

dannij
6/8/15

I like that this site asks you questions and while it suggests who is a close match you can see the answer the other person gave and come to your own conclusion.
I didnt want a site that allowed a computer to solely pick my match. As with any dating site you will have "a few" issues but This was by the far the best site for value and accuracy that I have found.

regl
6/7/15

Most of the men on this site are the type that lack the confidence to approach women in public or have serious commitment issues and use this site as another way to pick up women. Most of messages are either hey beautiful or some other generic garbage they would never say in real life. It was quite depressing to consistently receive the same message. Not quality men for the most part, beware.

mikek87
6/6/15

I've found that out of all of the online dating sites, this is the only one that gets it right. They provide free members with all of the necessary functionality to meet an individual. You see someone interesting, you send them a message. After using the site for awhile, I started meeting people quite frequently. I don't expect to immediately be paired with someone (as no one should) but I have to say OKC gave me the quantity necessary to find the quality I desired. I've made a lot of good friends and have even had a few relationships from the site. Since I have gotten so much out of it, I have paid into it mainly to support them. The paid features are nice as well ^_^

dominiquea9
6/6/15

Yes I fell for the his bull$#*! and got scammed for over $3000. He travels between North Carolina Los Angeles and Istanbul. Reels you in and will meet you if you live in any of these locations. Comes up with sad stories to borrow money as he waits for the Big payment. Each time I never got paid back and eventually had to walk away. Real name is Gregory Scott Pettis. He is a black man age 32 and 6"8. Ladies beware on POF and Ok Cupid.

melindal1
6/3/15

Well... it's free, so I had to try it.

I answered a LOT of their silly questions and they have this rating system that says either "The Two of Us" or "Y'all Got Issues" depending upon how each person answered each question.

Some of them are truly bizarre: "In a certain light, would a nuclear war be interesting?" That, for me is a NO! And some completely inane: "Peanut Butter: Creamy or Crunch" Like, honestly? That matters? And I prefer almond butter, anyway.

I have met a couple of men who seemed truly sincere, and then *poof* they lose interest. I guess that can happen either way, but I answer every single correspondence even if they live 3,000 miles away (it says right on my profile that I won't date anyone who lives further away than 25 miles away from me).

I will also say that the site is just insanely buggy and very hard to use sometimes, but it's free, so how can you complain?

Tip for consumers: answer as many of the crazy questions as you can... it yields better responses.

arnoldb35
5/31/15

Generally speaking all dating sites suck for guys. That being said, OkCupid seems to suck somewhat less than the others, and if you are only using the free version of the site then it's worth putting up a profile, as long as you don't let yourself get hooked on it and start checking your profile for more than a few minutes every other day.

I've had far better luck with the site meetup.com, where you actually get out of the house and meet people who have similar interests. The "sit-at-home" dating sites are just not an effective means of finding a date.

bryanb44
5/28/15

For some reason whenever I try to login to OK Cupid I get the message that it is having technical difficulties. Yet when I went to OKC from the list of sites I'd visited it was working. OKC has not responded to my complaints about this problem.

logana11
5/26/15

Very interesting concept, well written ideas and a walk through on how to best setup an account, answer questions and build your profile.

The book, which felt more like a long paper, was a little hard to grasp at times (for someone with minimal math/statistics knowledge). The concepts are clearly explained but the author could have offered a few more examples at times.

josephr55
5/23/15

Waste of time and money and has gotten worst the last time I was on it. I been looking for a girlfriend for a date and other activities. However like any other dating site they are scams and complete jokes that offer false hope. Don't waste your money or your time with Okcupid or any other dating site. I accepted the fact I will always be single.

tereset
5/22/15

I could swear that Occupid is owned by these scammers....to many of these people on their are not real they still photos and act like it's them, they lure you out of site ask for your email address and phone number they will never meet you. All they want is to steal your life savings

okcupids
5/22/15

Why does OkCupid suck?

Tip for consumers: Why does OkCupid suck?

jond34
5/19/15

this is another site that is bullchit!! you cannot put anything honest in your profile, for instance if you say.... you dont date users or cheaters or money grubbers, then the hobags there who resemble that report you and your booted, if you report a scammer you will be booted!!!! phuck this site!! ANOTHER CHIT SITE !!! aslo like POF (plenty of fecal) they will take your money and boot you as soon as your reported for no reason and NO REFUND!!! doesnt deserve any part of a star!!! STAY AWAY, and gee they wont resond to these cuz they know its a scam

hillh2
5/18/15

It's a pretty decent online dating social network. But besides that they make it so hard that you can actually make your account work.

I like the questions that it asks users to determine compatibility and the "sections" that it has on people's profiles.

Recently i am using www.datethemodel.com. That is also very good.

debbies50
5/17/15

Be careful your not duped by a bot, not everyone is for real here, thats for dam sure.

lesleyc6
5/11/15

I have been on this site for 2 years. As I am over 50 I get targeted by scammers. The site is crawling with them only 1 in 10 contacts that I have had have been genuine. I am repeatedly reporting the scammers and ok Cupid do nothing. Often if you copy and save the photo and then google search it, it will come up on google with multiple identities. Scammers always use the same bull$#*! stories and want to go straight to email and phone numbers. I don't get why they are so prevalent on this site, I have had no problems on POF.

bonniec29
5/7/15

Don't join this site. There is a total recurring theme to all the "men" robots? scammers? that will write to you. They are in the military. They work on an oil rig. They are in the oil "business". They are engineers. They have a wife that died. They have one child. They are looking for a soul mate. You, somehow, are it! You will find that the profiles may be written in good English, but any other communication with them has odd syntax, misspelled words, like English is not their language. Replies to conversation with them will not address what you have said. Only basic questions will be answered. There may be long soliloquies about romance and ideal love that have nothing to do with how You are trying to communicate. You will be messaging and then find out that suddenly their profile has been deleted.
I do not know what the total scam is, what the end purpose is, or who is actually doing what is done, but it is all false, unreal, and unlike normal human behavior. Just don't
do this site, do yourself a favor.

danas31
5/6/15

I have proof that a user's profile is fake and still ok cupid won't remove it. This is already the second time in as many weeks that I've been scammed on that site. I get that scams happen. it's just how it is. but for a company to be so irresponsible as to not even delete scammer profiles? That is when I delete my app and move on.

cindyj25
5/6/15

The responses I received were overwhelming when I first joined even before I had completed my profile. I thought in the beginning there was just some outrageous flirtation going on. The most in depth conversations I had were between four men all of whom were most insistent on getting my email address or phone number within the hour of speaking to them. These four claimed to be successful businessmen, three living abroad who would be willing to relocate, two of these men were interestingly in the gold/diamond import/export business. Despite their claims of being English speakers, they very quickly exposed themselves as very poor English speakers.

I closed my account after two days because it was too exhausting trying to determine who was real and who was attempting to scam me.

roberts238
5/5/15

One user wrote: "a little bit better than match" ad I totally disagree. OkCupid.com is not bad but match.com is better, mingle2day.com even way better. But in general, this site is ok.

martoj
5/5/15

I am registered in Match and this one too. Compared between those two sites I have more success and responses from girls at OKCupid than Match. Anyway from cupid I made a really good friendship with girl but that's it. And of course just as suggestion. when you pay those scam sites use PayPal. Then cancel your subscription with them in PayPal. Using this way it is impossible for them to charge you after the subscription is done and you no longer need their services. Good luck finding the right one. And bare in mind that being single is probably best way of living sometimes.

ryanh65
4/26/15

Not a single response...Makes me wonder if the site is "real" or just an information gathering melting pot for others to try and make a buck.

kristac1
4/21/15

Deleted my account because someone was HARRASSING me. Won't get ANYONE to respond to me I'm posting it all over social media. What a joke the website is. The messages I sent I received, the message I sent to the website and no respi se to reopen my account. I'd advise EVERYONE to STAY AWAY. total joke of a site.

alexs236
4/6/15

I decided to try this website after I had no luck on Plenty Of Fish. This site is easy to use, appealing to the eye, and kind of fun to use; it's interesting to answer questions and see who you get matched with. The variety of people I think are better, too and they seem more attractive and less...trashy (POF on the other hand is filled with trashy people). Within a few days of joining, I started talking to this person who was one of my highest matches and we've been together for about 3 months now. The website isn't perfect, but it's definitely one of the best dating sites I've tried and for once, not everyone you talk to wants to just hook up which is refreshing. Even if things in my current relationship don't work out, I would definitely use OkCupid again.

lisam157
4/6/15

I hate this website not just for the fact that they randomly delete my profile when I'm a real genuine woman trying to have normal conversations with dudes, but when I try to reach their customer service team I get NO RESPONSE whatsoever. So, not only will they delete your profile for no reason, they won't tell you WHY they did it to begin with. They will just log you out and never let you log back in. Which is extremely frustrating for me because I was interested in some of the guys on there and now I won't have the opportunity of talking to them again. Horrible dating service, horrible customer service, would never use again.

anona20
4/5/15

This site has a lot going for it.

A) it's free -- can't beat that
B) it has a high percentage of queer folks, something other sites don't
C) they send you emails recommending matches, if you don't have time to search

On the downside

A) the searching aspect is really cumbersome. I find that clicking "Browse Matches" just shows the same old people I've seen for like a decade. (I've been on it a while.) But the trick is to click on the lower right hand corner, where it shows you a few new people. (Hard to explain, but you'll see when you use it.)

B) It tends to attract bisexuals and poly people, which may be a plus for some, but isn't for me

C) Some of the people on it are crazy, but that's true wherever you go

D) You can't see which people liked you without paying a fee, though sending and receiving messages is free

E) their profiles ask some stupid questions and their matching system is messed up

F) I find that months will go by before I see anyone new and interesting on this site

Overall, though, it's better than any other site I've used. Match, HowaboutWe and JDate included. Still, I think they could do better.

lorir29
4/4/15

If okcupid wants to be different: Let women post reviews of men on the site and their experiences. That will keep the men honest!

rickt22
3/29/15

Nobody calls me I message people no response I want a refund

jesusb19
3/28/15

After hearing of MiKinlay's story from Wired, I thought it would be fun to do some reading about the method he used in finding his perfect match. This short paper does a great job of summarizing the analysis he did and how he used that data to build a dating profile that appealed to the women he wanted to meet.

ronk
3/24/15

ORIGINAL COMPLAINT: Was with OK Cupid couple years. Finally went paid ($70 annually) membership for added search functions. They locked me out once before but after contacting Google Play, they worked to get me reinstated. This time I am currently a paid member, and as of a week ago, could not log-in. They refunded my money, and after writing to ask what I'd done, never heard from them again. I want back in, but they can apparently identify IP address and won't create another account.

UPDATE: OK Cupid's strengths are the enormous base of people signed up, and search by topics which includes, ethics, lifestyle, sexuality, politics, etc. You can really narrow your search.

Having been bounced off for NO apparent reason (I wrote them twice to ask reason for "bouncing", receiving nothing) after two years of being a paid member, I did some research. OK Cupid, like Match.com, is own by parent company IAC (212-314-7300). I called, was connected to a friendly voice (who had nothing to do with consumers or Cupid), and explained my situation briefly and with concern.

I was told to contact Match.com in that Cupid falls under their domain in dating (800-926-2824 or 214-576-9352) and look for help there. None. With both numbers, I was told,'not my job', 'I know nothing'.

I had rewritten my profile on Cupid numerous times, put many hours into searches and writing to prospects who initiated contact with me, and all just...done, without so much as a word. There really should be some consequence for treating members without regard, seemingly indiscriminately blocking an account after so much work and time paid as well.

Tip for consumers: I have no idea exactly what initiates a "bump" from the site. But it seems another frustrated member's ability to fabricate wrong-doing on your part (perhaps being rebuffed when writing to you), is a very likely genesis for blocking. With all the time you might put into a genuine search for a partner on OK Cupid, your efforts are as fragile as a whimsical blocking, and you have ZERO opportunity for reinstatement to site.

kale32
3/12/15

As my title suggests, OKC is just okay. It's not a terrible site as some of the other online dating sites clearly are with mandatory paid accounts to do anything or more bots and scammers than real profiles. You can actually do quite a bit with a free account and I know from experience that the site has many real people using it. Here is my breakdown of the site:

Positives:
- Real people: I've met up with several females and had phone conversations with several more so the site does have many real users.
- Free account: As I mentioned, the free account gives you access to many things on the site including viewing other profiles, liking profiles, and sending/receiving messages.
- Filters: The site allows you to set numerous filters to fit your preferences... take from that what you want.

Negatives:
- Lack of replies: From previous posts on here, I can tell this is a common theme on the site. Whether it's fake profiles or people just playing on the site with no intention of meeting, there is a large number of people that won't respond to messages. I have generally been described as an attractive male with an athletic body and highly educated... and even though I have had encounters with women on the site, I have also sent many messages that went unanswered.
- Too many fake profiles: This is pretty self explanatory. I don't understand how the moderators allow so many of these to flood the site. If you are sharp enough, you can fairly easily identify the fake profiles because there are common trends to look for... 1) If they look like super models it's probably a fake... period. 2) Look for name trends like usernames with "vv", "saurus", "in a box"... these were a few I noticed. 3) If they have only one picture and/or no info filled out in their profile it's a fake. 4) Profiles with sexual preferences like "bisexual" and those looking for casual sex are usually fakes... not always, but usually. 5) If you receive random messages from people from other states it's probably a fake.
- Lack of sincerity: As I mentioned, I have had encounters with a few women on the site and one of the things I've noticed is that people are not really sincere on sites like this. More specifically, they aren't exactly what they look like or who they say they are. For someone like me who believes in transparency, it was a good idea for me to leave the site and delete my account.
- Lack of options: Though the free account gives you access to do most of the basic things it takes to connect with someone, it's also very dry and limited. You can't see who likes you unless you pay to upgrade. The site could use a makeover with updated options to give more ways to connect with people.

Well that's my take on OkCupid... A good, but not great site to use and is more successful for some than others. I found success because I, not to sound vain, have pretty good looks, a nice fit body, and college education... and even with that, I still found trouble getting replies sometimes. However, if you don't have those credentials you could struggle to find connections. I used the site to find new friends because of the busy life I live... if you're looking to find your soul mate... good luck on a site like this. I would recommend it for casual use, but for what I'm looking for... it's just not for me. Good luck out there!

moshes10
3/11/15

that I got any type of meaningful relationship from. Lasted almost 3 years, she was very pretty and had a lot going for her. Although she did lie about her age on her profile to be younger. On the end it didn't work out, but was nice while it lasted. Tried to go back and try again. No such luck this time. I think it has a lot to do with chance.

shaza4
3/7/15

I like Cupid, I have actually chatted on the phone and met a couple guys. Not to my liking but at least I know there are real ppl on these sites. Biggest drawback: I stated in my profile " if you are young enough to be my son, forget it, I already have 4" Yet, I still getting these you kids, some young enough to be a grandchild. And that is my only complaint about Cupid

roberts206
3/3/15

OKCupid is not bad but it is a slow process...really slow! I see many guys complaining. Try sites like mingle2day if you are not happy with OKCupid. Depends on where you live you will most likely be more lucky. I've been on both sites, and know what I am talking about. But again, this site is not bad at all.

dougj7
3/3/15

Everyone seems to like Match, but I've not had much luck with them. I would recommend giving this site a try.

boba40
3/2/15

This site will gladly accept your upgrade to "A-List" and then without notification, warning or explanation delete your account and block. Even for anyone who deserves to be deleted (not scammers) but someone who perhaps violated their TOS they should at the very least notify that person if theyre going to charge their credit card. They have no phone number. They ignore emails. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back. No thanks.

mariam127
2/19/15

I have been on and off of the site (usually as a paid member) for a couple of years now.
While I did have the opportunity to meet a few truly amazing people from the site OK Cupid has become unusable recently.
The site has become increasingly plagued by scammers and disgusting creeps.

The free aspect of the site actually works against it. Too many losers and lunatics are on there now.

The site is literally INFESTED with scammers. The scammers are pretty obvious because these thieves are clearly uneducated idiots. I don't know how they ever get any money from anyone considering what a sloppy job they do. Frankly, anyone stupid enough to buy what the scammers are selling deserves to be scammed.
Yet, you can count on receiving MANY scammer messages per week.
OKC staff does not remove the scammers fast enough. Considering that the moderators are chosen randomly by the "Staff Robot" it is no surprise.

The rest of the site is predominantly:
● People who will never read a single word of your profile but will message you anyway regardless of the fact that your profile makes it very clear they are not what you are seeking.
● Profiles with no photos and/or information.
● Repulsive scumbags with no realistic sense of what losers they are only trying to get laid.
● Fragile narcissists who will take time out of their useless lives to write you and inform you of their opinions about what they do not like about your profile. They take offense when you suggest that if they did not like your profile the healthy choice would have been to move on to another profile rather than investing so much time and energy into one that they clearly hated and disagreed with. So many people seem to NEED to be offended and angry and OKC is a gathering place for these cretins.
● Lookie-loo lurkers and stalkers. These losers will never contact you but they will come back ad nauseum. The staff at OKC takes the side of these creeps and will admonish you if you write these freaks and tell them to stop. Apparently the OKC staff thinks you should just endure the abuse of these often times frightening creeps. I had several abusive stalker problems while on the site.
● Married men cheating on their partners. While there are many folks in honest open relationships on the site there are even more cheaters.

You have to have a LOT of patience to be on OKC. After a while it just felt like digging through a very large pile of manure trying to find a pony.
It was like playing a very disturbing game of Wheres Waldo.

It is too bad because I know there are some very interesting and worthwhile people on the site too but no intelligent and sane person can endure the trashy component for long.

alf1192
2/18/15

You better off meeting a human at a zoo than meeting anyone on here lol. All are fake. Also they will delete your profile for being realistic lol. They also sell your information to outsiders. Try it and guess what you will be dispointed good luck

carloss45
2/11/15

Easy to use but nothing in the world is free. Annoying ads all over the place. And quality and quantity of members is worse than on other sites. Try mingle2day.com. You can thank me later...

kathleenr6
2/9/15

I have several complaints about this website.

1. I have a computer that lags, and I answered an educational question wrong by accidentally clicking the one above it. I explained my answer and said that I like educated women. By the time I realized the wrong answer had been selected, I had already answered the question, and OkCupid has a policy that you have to wait 24 hrs to re-answer. I then got verbally abused by a bunch of women saying that I was stupid, and that I only wanted an educated woman because I wanted people to think I was smart, and so on. I sent in a reports about some of the worst messages, and to this day (1 yr later), haven't heard anything back.

2. There's no point in joining, because if (and I say if because it seems most people just leave their profiles to collect dust and never contact anyone), someone likes you, you can't see who it is unless you pay to be A-list.

3. A lot of the questions don't have the option to choose the best answer for you. For example, there's a question "Do you like to ride motorcycles?" and the only answers available are yes or no. For me and some of my friends who also are on the site, it would depend on the motorcycle, but I just clicked yes. Then there A LOT of yes or no questions where you're willing to accept a yes or no from someone, and if you click both it's marked as irrelevant. Answer a certain number as a irrelevant and it keeps having a message pop us saying to stop marking questions as irrelevant or they lower your chances of finding a match. Problem is, with most questions, you're willing to accept multiple things, which would mark it as irrelevant.

This site just needs to re-think their overall working processes, and at least give you the option to see who likes you without having to pay. If you have to pay to see who is interested in you, it's not worth it and you should just go elsewhere.

jeffreyp25
2/9/15

Part 2 on OKcupid date site I tell you i seen some scam before but they got a good one gone their
i decided to play a game i talk to 3 different women on the site on hangout and yhaoo chat they send these really nice pictures to you and ask to talk to you on yhaoo or hangout what with not talking on the phone any way i spend 4 around 4 hours on each one they tell you how great you are how they think you could be their soulmate they talk about how great they think you are and they ask you questions like what would like to do when you hook and how special you could be to them and then guest what here come the boom can you help out with some money one said she like to get a birthdate gift for herself and so on now mind you i only been talking to these women for a little more than 4 hours. i really think the site is just a place for women with a large ego. now i could name name but what the point i really feel sorry for these women they really beautiful but beautiful can hide an evil heart.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have written to a few men and then on Monday their profile is no longer has an account and the one I am writing on my email pulled his account yesterday--what does this mean-scams, married men?
5/12/15
Answer
joep125
A: Many of the dating sites disclose in the fine print that their site is for entertainment purposes (only) and that they do encourage interaction by having (staff) post compilation profiles. I believe the typical ratio is about 10 male to 1 female member. This might justify the phantom interest in
males to keep us entertained, but hardly seems necessary for the ladies.
So, possibly you are experiencing the typical male response but maybe the potential candidates you chose had some legitimate reason to exit.
Personally, I acknowledge marital status and physical characteristics to
avoid instant disqualification upon actually meeting. But I'm sure some do not adhere to that philosophy. At the moment I am trying Ashley Madison
and so far just a short list of objections. Best wishes to you.
5/19/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Just wondering how many other older women on OkCupid have have the same problem that I have had with scammers. I mean, stupid I am not!! It is so easy to pick out the scammers when they begin to communicate. I have been contacted by dozens. I don't think that one real person has contacted me and at this point, I can't believe anyone. I was sincere is looking a friend or date and I am completely tired of the horrible responses I am getting. Young guys contacting me when I am specific in what the age range is....get real. Just Tired of it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
5/30/15
Answer
joannar4
A: Terri - this is what I recently sent in about OKC. I will answer your specific questions at the end of this.

I have heard many complaints about OKC and scammers. But I AM NOT HAVING ANYWHERE NEAR THE PROBLEMS THAT OTHERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. I am on several sites, and I experience about the same % of scammers on all. 1) it is so easy to spot a scanner - he wants to use email or text/phone right away. Is this really a problem? I immediately block. 2) if he is in Africa or any other 3rd world nation, I immediately block. I filter my messages so that I do not receive messages from anyone who has answered less than 100 questions or is at least an 85% match. Scammers are so obvious.

Also, I note that most scammers claim to be "god-fearing christians," or "looking for an LTR or marriage." I am an atheist and very liberal and state this in my profile and my questions. I know what I am about to say is very offputting, snobbish, elite, etc., but I don't think scammers hit atheist, well-educated, and skeptical people as much as they do others (christians). Sorry, but I did say you wouldn't like that.

Scammers are on every site. I have been following the sites and the complaints about scammers. My conclusion, based on my experience, blogs, and LOTS of research, indicate that every site has about the same amount of scammers. Sites that provide almost 0% info on potential matches (Zoosk, POF, tagged, Chemistry, Match, ourtime, etc. - all worthless for matching, IMO) do NOT have fewer scammer than OKC. I am also a moderator on OKC. WORD: Do a GIS on every picture on every profile on every site. It will tell you if the pics were stolen from a commercial source (models, actors, etc.) or not.

I have had a ton (sometimes 3/week) of dates from OKC, and I do not believe any of these guys were scammers.

Finally, if you know how to spot a scammer, what difference does it make how many there are on any site?

I am 59. Yes, I have many very young men contacting me. I just say "You are too young, but thank you for your interest." If they reply, I block.

As I stated, I've met tons of great guys (and of course, creeps) and had a lot of dates. I have a lot of correspondence before the date, and make it clear that I am looking for LTR and NOT FWB, NSA (what a load of crap). I have not clicked with anyone yet; but the, I am an atheist, free-thinker, liberal in Texas. Not a lot of guys hit on me (after 18 months on OKC, I only get about 8 guys/week hitting on me. Check my profile: I'm not gorgeous (LIB75002) or email me: joannar75002@gmail.com). I will be happy to help you further, if requested.
5/31/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

OkCupid?