US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnnyb32

so much so, i can't believe OkCupid doesn't have a category for these people
(in 70 reviews)

tedj8

I like the questions that it asks users to determine compatibility and the "sections" that it has on people's profiles. (in 38 reviews)

zinod

No, not every date has been true love, but I've had wonderfully loving experiences with very compatible, sincere women. (in 46 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

josephr55
5/23/15

Waste of time and money and has gotten worst the last time I was on it. I been looking for a girlfriend for a date and other activities. However like any other dating site they are scams and complete jokes that offer false hope. Don't waste your money or your time with Okcupid or any other dating site. I accepted the fact I will always be single.

tereset
5/22/15

I could swear that Occupid is owned by these scammers....to many of these people on their are not real they still photos and act like it's them, they lure you out of site ask for your email address and phone number they will never meet you. All they want is to steal your life savings

okcupids
5/22/15

Why does OkCupid suck?

Tip for consumers: Why does OkCupid suck?

jond34
5/19/15

this is another site that is bullchit!! you cannot put anything honest in your profile, for instance if you say.... you dont date users or cheaters or money grubbers, then the hobags there who resemble that report you and your booted, if you report a scammer you will be booted!!!! phuck this site!! ANOTHER CHIT SITE !!! aslo like POF (plenty of fecal) they will take your money and boot you as soon as your reported for no reason and NO REFUND!!! doesnt deserve any part of a star!!! STAY AWAY, and gee they wont resond to these cuz they know its a scam

hillh2
5/18/15

It's a pretty decent online dating social network. But besides that they make it so hard that you can actually make your account work.

Recently i am using www.datethemodel.com. That is also very good.

debbies50
5/17/15

Be careful your not duped by a bot, not everyone is for real here, thats for dam sure.

lesleyc6
5/11/15

I have been on this site for 2 years. As I am over 50 I get targeted by scammers. The site is crawling with them only 1 in 10 contacts that I have had have been genuine. I am repeatedly reporting the scammers and ok Cupid do nothing. Often if you copy and save the photo and then google search it, it will come up on google with multiple identities. Scammers always use the same bull$#*! stories and want to go straight to email and phone numbers. I don't get why they are so prevalent on this site, I have had no problems on POF.

bonniec29
5/7/15

Don't join this site. There is a total recurring theme to all the "men" robots? scammers? that will write to you. They are in the military. They work on an oil rig. They are in the oil "business". They are engineers. They have a wife that died. They have one child. They are looking for a soul mate. You, somehow, are it! You will find that the profiles may be written in good English, but any other communication with them has odd syntax, misspelled words, like English is not their language. Replies to conversation with them will not address what you have said. Only basic questions will be answered. There may be long soliloquies about romance and ideal love that have nothing to do with how You are trying to communicate. You will be messaging and then find out that suddenly their profile has been deleted.
I do not know what the total scam is, what the end purpose is, or who is actually doing what is done, but it is all false, unreal, and unlike normal human behavior. Just don't
do this site, do yourself a favor.

danas31
5/6/15

I have proof that a user's profile is fake and still ok cupid won't remove it. This is already the second time in as many weeks that I've been scammed on that site. I get that scams happen. it's just how it is. but for a company to be so irresponsible as to not even delete scammer profiles? That is when I delete my app and move on.

cindyj25
5/6/15

The responses I received were overwhelming when I first joined even before I had completed my profile. I thought in the beginning there was just some outrageous flirtation going on. The most in depth conversations I had were between four men all of whom were most insistent on getting my email address or phone number within the hour of speaking to them. These four claimed to be successful businessmen, three living abroad who would be willing to relocate, two of these men were interestingly in the gold/diamond import/export business. Despite their claims of being English speakers, they very quickly exposed themselves as very poor English speakers.

I closed my account after two days because it was too exhausting trying to determine who was real and who was attempting to scam me.

roberts238
5/5/15

One user wrote: "a little bit better than match" ad I totally disagree. OkCupid.com is not bad but match.com is better, mingle2day.com even way better. But in general, this site is ok.

martoj
5/5/15

I am registered in Match and this one too. Compared between those two sites I have more success and responses from girls at OKCupid than Match. Anyway from cupid I made a really good friendship with girl but that's it. And of course just as suggestion. when you pay those scam sites use PayPal. Then cancel your subscription with them in PayPal. Using this way it is impossible for them to charge you after the subscription is done and you no longer need their services. Good luck finding the right one. And bare in mind that being single is probably best way of living sometimes.

ryanh65
4/26/15

Not a single response...Makes me wonder if the site is "real" or just an information gathering melting pot for others to try and make a buck.

kristac1
4/21/15

Deleted my account because someone was HARRASSING me. Won't get ANYONE to respond to me I'm posting it all over social media. What a joke the website is. The messages I sent I received, the message I sent to the website and no respi se to reopen my account. I'd advise EVERYONE to STAY AWAY. total joke of a site.

alexs236
4/6/15

I decided to try this website after I had no luck on Plenty Of Fish. This site is easy to use, appealing to the eye, and kind of fun to use; it's interesting to answer questions and see who you get matched with. The variety of people I think are better, too and they seem more attractive and less...trashy (POF on the other hand is filled with trashy people). Within a few days of joining, I started talking to this person who was one of my highest matches and we've been together for about 3 months now. The website isn't perfect, but it's definitely one of the best dating sites I've tried and for once, not everyone you talk to wants to just hook up which is refreshing. Even if things in my current relationship don't work out, I would definitely use OkCupid again.

lisam157
4/6/15

I hate this website not just for the fact that they randomly delete my profile when I'm a real genuine woman trying to have normal conversations with dudes, but when I try to reach their customer service team I get NO RESPONSE whatsoever. So, not only will they delete your profile for no reason, they won't tell you WHY they did it to begin with. They will just log you out and never let you log back in. Which is extremely frustrating for me because I was interested in some of the guys on there and now I won't have the opportunity of talking to them again. Horrible dating service, horrible customer service, would never use again.

anona20
4/5/15

This site has a lot going for it.

A) it's free -- can't beat that
B) it has a high percentage of queer folks, something other sites don't
C) they send you emails recommending matches, if you don't have time to search

On the downside

A) the searching aspect is really cumbersome. I find that clicking "Browse Matches" just shows the same old people I've seen for like a decade. (I've been on it a while.) But the trick is to click on the lower right hand corner, where it shows you a few new people. (Hard to explain, but you'll see when you use it.)

B) It tends to attract bisexuals and poly people, which may be a plus for some, but isn't for me

C) Some of the people on it are crazy, but that's true wherever you go

D) You can't see which people liked you without paying a fee, though sending and receiving messages is free

E) their profiles ask some stupid questions and their matching system is messed up

F) I find that months will go by before I see anyone new and interesting on this site

Overall, though, it's better than any other site I've used. Match, HowaboutWe and JDate included. Still, I think they could do better.

lorir29
4/4/15

If okcupid wants to be different: Let women post reviews of men on the site and their experiences. That will keep the men honest!

rickt22
3/29/15

Nobody calls me I message people no response I want a refund

jesusb19
3/28/15

After hearing of MiKinlay's story from Wired, I thought it would be fun to do some reading about the method he used in finding his perfect match. This short paper does a great job of summarizing the analysis he did and how he used that data to build a dating profile that appealed to the women he wanted to meet.

ronk
3/24/15

ORIGINAL COMPLAINT: Was with OK Cupid couple years. Finally went paid ($70 annually) membership for added search functions. They locked me out once before but after contacting Google Play, they worked to get me reinstated. This time I am currently a paid member, and as of a week ago, could not log-in. They refunded my money, and after writing to ask what I'd done, never heard from them again. I want back in, but they can apparently identify IP address and won't create another account.

UPDATE: OK Cupid's strengths are the enormous base of people signed up, and search by topics which includes, ethics, lifestyle, sexuality, politics, etc. You can really narrow your search.

Having been bounced off for NO apparent reason (I wrote them twice to ask reason for "bouncing", receiving nothing) after two years of being a paid member, I did some research. OK Cupid, like Match.com, is own by parent company IAC (212-314-7300). I called, was connected to a friendly voice (who had nothing to do with consumers or Cupid), and explained my situation briefly and with concern.

I was told to contact Match.com in that Cupid falls under their domain in dating (800-926-2824 or 214-576-9352) and look for help there. None. With both numbers, I was told,'not my job', 'I know nothing'.

I had rewritten my profile on Cupid numerous times, put many hours into searches and writing to prospects who initiated contact with me, and all just...done, without so much as a word. There really should be some consequence for treating members without regard, seemingly indiscriminately blocking an account after so much work and time paid as well.

Tip for consumers: I have no idea exactly what initiates a "bump" from the site. But it seems another frustrated member's ability to fabricate wrong-doing on your part (perhaps being rebuffed when writing to you), is a very likely genesis for blocking. With all the time you might put into a genuine search for a partner on OK Cupid, your efforts are as fragile as a whimsical blocking, and you have ZERO opportunity for reinstatement to site.

kale32
3/12/15

As my title suggests, OKC is just okay. It's not a terrible site as some of the other online dating sites clearly are with mandatory paid accounts to do anything or more bots and scammers than real profiles. You can actually do quite a bit with a free account and I know from experience that the site has many real people using it. Here is my breakdown of the site:

Positives:
- Real people: I've met up with several females and had phone conversations with several more so the site does have many real users.
- Free account: As I mentioned, the free account gives you access to many things on the site including viewing other profiles, liking profiles, and sending/receiving messages.
- Filters: The site allows you to set numerous filters to fit your preferences... take from that what you want.

Negatives:
- Lack of replies: From previous posts on here, I can tell this is a common theme on the site. Whether it's fake profiles or people just playing on the site with no intention of meeting, there is a large number of people that won't respond to messages. I have generally been described as an attractive male with an athletic body and highly educated... and even though I have had encounters with women on the site, I have also sent many messages that went unanswered.
- Too many fake profiles: This is pretty self explanatory. I don't understand how the moderators allow so many of these to flood the site. If you are sharp enough, you can fairly easily identify the fake profiles because there are common trends to look for... 1) If they look like super models it's probably a fake... period. 2) Look for name trends like usernames with "vv", "saurus", "in a box"... these were a few I noticed. 3) If they have only one picture and/or no info filled out in their profile it's a fake. 4) Profiles with sexual preferences like "bisexual" and those looking for casual sex are usually fakes... not always, but usually. 5) If you receive random messages from people from other states it's probably a fake.
- Lack of sincerity: As I mentioned, I have had encounters with a few women on the site and one of the things I've noticed is that people are not really sincere on sites like this. More specifically, they aren't exactly what they look like or who they say they are. For someone like me who believes in transparency, it was a good idea for me to leave the site and delete my account.
- Lack of options: Though the free account gives you access to do most of the basic things it takes to connect with someone, it's also very dry and limited. You can't see who likes you unless you pay to upgrade. The site could use a makeover with updated options to give more ways to connect with people.

Well that's my take on OkCupid... A good, but not great site to use and is more successful for some than others. I found success because I, not to sound vain, have pretty good looks, a nice fit body, and college education... and even with that, I still found trouble getting replies sometimes. However, if you don't have those credentials you could struggle to find connections. I used the site to find new friends because of the busy life I live... if you're looking to find your soul mate... good luck on a site like this. I would recommend it for casual use, but for what I'm looking for... it's just not for me. Good luck out there!

moshes10
3/11/15

that I got any type of meaningful relationship from. Lasted almost 3 years, she was very pretty and had a lot going for her. Although she did lie about her age on her profile to be younger. On the end it didn't work out, but was nice while it lasted. Tried to go back and try again. No such luck this time. I think it has a lot to do with chance.

shaza4
3/7/15

I like Cupid, I have actually chatted on the phone and met a couple guys. Not to my liking but at least I know there are real ppl on these sites. Biggest drawback: I stated in my profile " if you are young enough to be my son, forget it, I already have 4" Yet, I still getting these you kids, some young enough to be a grandchild. And that is my only complaint about Cupid

roberts206
3/3/15

OKCupid is not bad but it is a slow process...really slow! I see many guys complaining. Try sites like mingle2day if you are not happy with OKCupid. Depends on where you live you will most likely be more lucky. I've been on both sites, and know what I am talking about. But again, this site is not bad at all.

dougj7
3/3/15

Everyone seems to like Match, but I've not had much luck with them. I would recommend giving this site a try.

boba40
3/2/15

This site will gladly accept your upgrade to "A-List" and then without notification, warning or explanation delete your account and block. Even for anyone who deserves to be deleted (not scammers) but someone who perhaps violated their TOS they should at the very least notify that person if theyre going to charge their credit card. They have no phone number. They ignore emails. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back. No thanks.

mariam127
2/19/15

I have been on and off of the site (usually as a paid member) for a couple of years now.
While I did have the opportunity to meet a few truly amazing people from the site OK Cupid has become unusable recently.
The site has become increasingly plagued by scammers and disgusting creeps.

The free aspect of the site actually works against it. Too many losers and lunatics are on there now.

The site is literally INFESTED with scammers. The scammers are pretty obvious because these thieves are clearly uneducated idiots. I don't know how they ever get any money from anyone considering what a sloppy job they do. Frankly, anyone stupid enough to buy what the scammers are selling deserves to be scammed.
Yet, you can count on receiving MANY scammer messages per week.
OKC staff does not remove the scammers fast enough. Considering that the moderators are chosen randomly by the "Staff Robot" it is no surprise.

The rest of the site is predominantly:
● People who will never read a single word of your profile but will message you anyway regardless of the fact that your profile makes it very clear they are not what you are seeking.
● Profiles with no photos and/or information.
● Repulsive scumbags with no realistic sense of what losers they are only trying to get laid.
● Fragile narcissists who will take time out of their useless lives to write you and inform you of their opinions about what they do not like about your profile. They take offense when you suggest that if they did not like your profile the healthy choice would have been to move on to another profile rather than investing so much time and energy into one that they clearly hated and disagreed with. So many people seem to NEED to be offended and angry and OKC is a gathering place for these cretins.
● Lookie-loo lurkers and stalkers. These losers will never contact you but they will come back ad nauseum. The staff at OKC takes the side of these creeps and will admonish you if you write these freaks and tell them to stop. Apparently the OKC staff thinks you should just endure the abuse of these often times frightening creeps. I had several abusive stalker problems while on the site.
● Married men cheating on their partners. While there are many folks in honest open relationships on the site there are even more cheaters.

You have to have a LOT of patience to be on OKC. After a while it just felt like digging through a very large pile of manure trying to find a pony.
It was like playing a very disturbing game of Wheres Waldo.

It is too bad because I know there are some very interesting and worthwhile people on the site too but no intelligent and sane person can endure the trashy component for long.

alf1192
2/18/15

You better off meeting a human at a zoo than meeting anyone on here lol. All are fake. Also they will delete your profile for being realistic lol. They also sell your information to outsiders. Try it and guess what you will be dispointed good luck

carloss45
2/11/15

Easy to use but nothing in the world is free. Annoying ads all over the place. And quality and quantity of members is worse than on other sites. Try mingle2day.com. You can thank me later...

kathleenr6
2/9/15

I have several complaints about this website.

1. I have a computer that lags, and I answered an educational question wrong by accidentally clicking the one above it. I explained my answer and said that I like educated women. By the time I realized the wrong answer had been selected, I had already answered the question, and OkCupid has a policy that you have to wait 24 hrs to re-answer. I then got verbally abused by a bunch of women saying that I was stupid, and that I only wanted an educated woman because I wanted people to think I was smart, and so on. I sent in a reports about some of the worst messages, and to this day (1 yr later), haven't heard anything back.

2. There's no point in joining, because if (and I say if because it seems most people just leave their profiles to collect dust and never contact anyone), someone likes you, you can't see who it is unless you pay to be A-list.

3. A lot of the questions don't have the option to choose the best answer for you. For example, there's a question "Do you like to ride motorcycles?" and the only answers available are yes or no. For me and some of my friends who also are on the site, it would depend on the motorcycle, but I just clicked yes. Then there A LOT of yes or no questions where you're willing to accept a yes or no from someone, and if you click both it's marked as irrelevant. Answer a certain number as a irrelevant and it keeps having a message pop us saying to stop marking questions as irrelevant or they lower your chances of finding a match. Problem is, with most questions, you're willing to accept multiple things, which would mark it as irrelevant.

This site just needs to re-think their overall working processes, and at least give you the option to see who likes you without having to pay. If you have to pay to see who is interested in you, it's not worth it and you should just go elsewhere.

jeffreyp25
2/9/15

Part 2 on OKcupid date site I tell you i seen some scam before but they got a good one gone their
i decided to play a game i talk to 3 different women on the site on hangout and yhaoo chat they send these really nice pictures to you and ask to talk to you on yhaoo or hangout what with not talking on the phone any way i spend 4 around 4 hours on each one they tell you how great you are how they think you could be their soulmate they talk about how great they think you are and they ask you questions like what would like to do when you hook and how special you could be to them and then guest what here come the boom can you help out with some money one said she like to get a birthdate gift for herself and so on now mind you i only been talking to these women for a little more than 4 hours. i really think the site is just a place for women with a large ego. now i could name name but what the point i really feel sorry for these women they really beautiful but beautiful can hide an evil heart.

chrisw86
2/9/15

From a guy's perspective, do not sign up for OkCupid. This site, like any other dating site, is really just a huge ego trip for 95%, if not all, of the females on the site. The response rate of messages, for us guys of course, is maybe 1 out of 25. Most of the women on there just got depressed one day & decided to create an account just to have their self-pride boosted & it's become somewhat of an addiction for 'em. They use it as a way to escape their boring and lackluster lives just to get away into this online fantasy world in which they've made themselves out to be absolutely flawless queens. They get on everyday expecting to see an inbox full of messages complimenting them as well as a huge "Who Likes Me" number. They really have no intention of getting off into a serious relationship...nonetheless, responding to any of the messages they receive on an hourly basis. I'm a fairly attractive guy. Plenty of women, in REAL LIFE, have told me face-to-face that they find me attractive & I've had plenty of meaningful relationships in the past. However, on OkCupid I'm all of a sudden an absolute zero. As a guy, your profile hardly ever receives any views or hits, regardless of all the effort you've put into it ranging from well thought out and very descriptive "About Me" summaries to plenty of non-generic photos that actually show you having a great time and smiling. As for receiving a message, you can forget it unless you look like Adam Levine or Channing Tatum for crying out loud. Back to the women though...Just about all of them post these excessively retouched and overly glamorized photos of themselves which are just false pretenses of what they ACTUALLY look like in reality. The women tend to have these insanely high viewpoints of themselves and, I don't mean to sound blunt when I say this, even the ugly, chubby, and downright undesirable ones think they're Miss America and that every man in the world is inferior to them. So to all the guys who have had no luck whatsoever on OkCupid or any other dating sites, I'm letting you know that you're not alone. The notorious "Princess Syndrome" has engulfed nearly the entire female population when it comes to online dating. If you're a guy with an already low level of self-esteem, do yourself a favor and just stay away from online dating or you're gonna eventually find yourself in a severe state of depression.

Tip for consumers: If you're a guy, don't sign up unless you're at Super Model status as far as looks.

garrettg11
2/5/15

I am a man searching for a woman to be my soulmate or something even more. I live in an upscale well known area and I am a good looking guy (at least my friends say so). I work in Internet marketing, and I am a firm believer in ethical honest marketing of products and services. I rarely write website reviews but my recent experience with okcupid compels me to do so. After brief experiments with other free and paid dating sites I chose OkCupid because they are owned by Match.com, the leader in this industry. I spent hours honestly answering over 1500 OkCupid questions and writing an accurate and interesting profile. Added my best and most recent photos... High quality ones showing me in some of my leisure and travel activities. After using the free site for a month with no results I decided to pay for Okcupid for 6 months. And then I went searching. I had lots of over 90% matches but received only a few replies when I messaged my matches of average, above average, and hot women that were marked as online. Over the course of 2 months I "liked" over 1000 women. I messaged over 70 women. Based on my research I expected a few fake profiles. I was disappointed by the fake profiles I believed I found on this sight, so instead of sending pickup lines I began trying to message people to see if you are a real person or another fake profile posted by the OkCupid people. About 50 of my messages were read, according to OkCupid'S website. When I did receive answers they were always short, and no one wanted to go onto the next level of actually talking by phone or meeting someplace public. Very suspicious, I thought! Consistently, when I asked I was given a similar answer. "If no one answers they are not interested" and this is what raised my suspicions. I just couldn't believe there would be so many rude people in my locality. Nearly everyone in my town and neighboring area are quite sociable and friendly. So I began to "test" non responders by telling them I thought their profiles might be fake. My test was to ask them about a store, street or place that only a local resident might know. I was careful to not include questions easily answered with google. After several tests I did receive a few responses. However when I asked my challenge question NO ONE responded...and at least one just said "bye" and that's when I drew my conclusions about OkCupid.
In my opinion I believe Okcupid is certainly engaging and fun to use but does not deliver. It has the potential to be a big time waste, at least from this man's perspective. If there were a way to authenticate users I would be more inclined to continue using the site. However based on my experience I cannot recommend this site to other men. I would be quite interested if any other men gave had better experiences .

Tip for consumers: 1. Validate your contacts by asking them a question only someone living in their locality would know. for example, what's the name of the newest store in the (you name the center) shopping center, or what gas station just closed or opened, etc. Be sure to ask a question not easily answered by Google. if they are a real person you will get an honest answer. Otherwise run like hell.

michaelh139
2/3/15

Is you crazy?! Ridiculous site! As a gay male paying member (oops!), I've got absolutely no return for my money. Ten months & nothing! Not many want to actually return a message but you will find plenty of fake profiles, pic.'s & outright lies. It doesn't seem to matter if one inputs what their preferences are or how far one is willing to look. The only place I haven't been directed to is Borneo & nothing in my area, although I specifically asked for a 1-200 mile radius from L.A. Input what type of person does absolutely no good either, you'll be shown all kinds anyway. I'm still occasionally tricked into momentarily believing some profiles but find out quickly by their grammar, etc. that it's not real. Good luck on finding so much as a day laborer on this site, I think that's what they mostly are in real life.

Tip for consumers: Don't get your hopes up, it ain't happening.

billw67
2/3/15

As the name suggests it is "OK". I believe there are better options when it comes to online dating.

Tip for consumers: Those who were not lucky should try Mingle2day.com and/or match.com.

mausiw
1/28/15

Really believe Okcupid is OK...not more / not less. You'll be much more lucky on Mingle2day.com or Match, but basically this site is not all bad.

kelsm
1/19/15

I am so happy I went on OKCupid. After a couple of dates, I found the most amazing man. We are going on 5 months now and I have never been happier! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I have never been treated so right. If I would have never gone on OKCupid, I would have missed out on this incredible man. Maybe it's not the first date you find love, but just be patient there are wonderful and loving people out there waiting for you.. Thank you, thank you, thank you OKCupid! My heart is so full of love thanks to you.

lindap61
1/13/15

Perusing the reviews here has been fascinating and entertaining. It seems most people either love OKCupid or hate it. My overall impression: reading the reviews with the same kind of discrimination you should use in reading on-line dating profiles will net you an overall positive impression of OKCupid. Fortunately, though, I don't even have to rely on that as I used OKCupid for about four years and have my own experience to go by. I found the site to be extremely user-friendly and I talked to many very nice and interesting people over time. I met several, dated a few and ultimately ended up in the relationship I expect to be my last. I think this is about all you could ask of a free on-line dating site. If this is not your experience I think you probably have unrealistic expectations and/ or you're just " doing it wrong." One complaint I've seen a lot of here that I'd like to address is that there are a lot of questions you "have to" answer. Well, no. There are no questions you have to answer; but since the matching algorithm is based on mutual answers, the more questions you answer the better your matches will be. The questions are submitted by other members and so can be repetitious, but again, you don't have to answer them all. If you think you've already answered the question, you can just move on. If you think the question is innappropriate or you just don't want to answer it, you don't have to. the questions range from thought-provoking and illuminating through just good fun to crass and/or useless. Pick and choose. I greatly enjoyed my experience with OKCupid and have recommended it to dozens of single friends. I also tried Match, Plenty of Fish, Senior People Meet and Spiritual Singles and OKC was far above any of them in my opinion.

Tip for consumers: Answer lots of questions. It doesn't have to be done all in one sitting, just add to them as you have time. The more questions you answer the better the matching algorithm works. After answering several hundred questions, I found that I only needed to respond to people who were a 98 or 99% match. If you haven't answered many questions, though, that standard will get you nowhere.

lozt
1/13/15

I have invested money and time into Okcupid. The following describes my findings:

The website actually has staff members posing as attractive female users. These users all present the same theme of a played out feminist or bisexual woman who are desperately afraid of men or any kind of relationship involving trust on her end. Prior to messaging any of these women, my account was functional for months. However, after messaging these women (which are staff members), I was banned from the website by IP address shortly after, and I had JUST subscribed in order to see if these users were actually reading my messages. This is no coincidence. This is a very common story and you can find it ALL over Reddit. It is no place for any man to meet a woman and the site seeks to get you to subscribe and flash-ban you such that you cannot cancel your subscription without difficulty. Truly dishonest business practices involved here. STAY AWAY. Preserve your emotions for something else.

Tip for consumers: Don't even waste your lifespan haha.

carriem37
1/10/15

So many scam artist. They come at you like vultures. If you give it some time you will find they have the same sob story. They all have one child. They are either divorced or their wives are dead or left on drugs. Be careful about the copy and pasting and they never want to talk on the phone. They are all full of crap but theyvare stealing other people's identity off Twitter and Facebook as well as their pictures. They are copying and pasting their words in emails and texts. They are persistent. Just be careful remember your get what you pay for. They troll this site because it is free.

Tip for consumers: This site is full of scam artists. They all tell you they are in the military and on a peace keeping mission. They never talk on the phone. They either want to text or instant message you. If they don't talk don't deal with them. What do they have to hide. They are stealing other people's information and pictures while copying and pasting the information on these made up profiles. All very bizzare. It happened to me years ago. They are very persistent and will try to wear you down with creeks of

timn14
1/9/15

I don't get what most people on here are complaining about. Although I must admit I have never tried to get the attention of support staff. But I have met lots of great people on OKC. People it is internet dating, just because someone doesn't reply to you it doesn't mean they are fake. Especially on a site like OKC where is it is free to be able to message people. I know women on there that receive 100+ emails a day. Lots from guys that are being unrealistic / are not their type / didn't say anything interesting. You can't reply to everyone. Hell I probably average 2 emails a day from new women, I don't reply to most of them (I am busy replying to the women I do want to talk to). Especially the ones that haven't tried / haven't read my profile / are being overly optimistic.

Yes I am sure there are instances of people who pull scams on OKC, it is the internet in 2015. This happens everywhere. OKC is a great platform, I have used it for years, I have fallen in love here, I have gotten laid, I have made great new friends.

Tip for consumers: Make the effort. Write a great profile, get your mates to help you with choosing photos that are fun / interesting / reflect you honestly. Take the time to write to people based on what they have said, not some generic message. And be realistic with who you are targeting. Imagine you are in a bar, would you go talk to this person, do you think that they might genuinely be interested in you? The internet is no different, it is still filled with real people behind screens.

anthonyj26
12/26/14

best like it very much

bethg18
12/19/14

Don't waste your time. If you search google with these keywords " okcupid scam " you'll invariably ascertain the truth (I couldn't help but to notice some of the claims of finding one's soulmates within some of the reviews on here and find those commenters of dubious origins at best).

I would bother to give more to this review of Okcupid but invariably if you are reading this you've already been deleted by the okcupid conmen or have experienced some other sort of problem with them. As for the few commenters on here leaving a positive review...really now? Firstly, what would be the motive to find a site to review positively about something that was over and done with once you met that soul-mate (as claimed)....or in better words; If I had a company of employees and needed to boost the victim enlistments my employees would be instructed to find one site each using google to say something good about "our" company.

Enough said. Live and learn and then go on to relate your experiences so the next generation can be spared.

P.S. Don't bother emailing okcupid or calling; hundreds have already reported that they don't respond.

Tip for consumers: Once you figure out that the site is a waste of time do bother to leave your footprint in the sand with a site such as bbb or consumercomplaints.com or this site....do it for the next generation of victims.

alc133
12/16/14

OKCupid is a mostly "free" dating site whose actual source of revenue is advertising. The advertising value of the site is determined by the traffic through it, so users are manipulated into logging in as frequently as they can be persuaded to do so. A user will not be shown all of the profiles which meet his/her search criteria at any one time, and only by 'activity' will a user get to see more profiles. OKCupid is a huge time-suck. and I'm guessing only useful in densely populated areas. Whatever you do, don't pay for 'A-list'.

jenniferm94
12/14/14

This site actually has a lot of potential in my book but unfortunately there just aren't a lot of active men in my area. I get contacted by some serious creepy dudes that have nothing in common with me.

For starters, they have you answer a lot of questions & rate how important the response is in the other person. I find it great to know immediately if someone isn't for me. I also enjoy calling men out for saying it's sexy to see 2 women making out but they also say they're very into their Christian religion & don't support gays. Can we say hypocrite? Anyways, if everyone fills out the questions it's extremely helpful & the site even gives you a percentage of how much of a match you are.

Since this site isn't very active in my area I haven't dealt with any crazies yet to know how OKC handles those situations.

I'm giving it a 3 because I know OKC could have a lot more members in my area so they need better advertisement. They have a great idea but need to get it moving again.

jennyp21
12/14/14

This site needs to be monitored by the FBI/CIA. There are people there that have a very dark motive. Women over 50 beware they are targeting you !! Trust me I was one of them.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site!!!!!

louiseh28
12/5/14

Go into this very carefully. There are probably legitimate users but a LOT of potential scammers. I get a lot of messages from guys less than half my age - not too hard to figure out why, they are looking for money. Spent a lot of time talking and texting with a guy my age who said he was working on a mining project in the Ukraine - THEN problems developed and sure enough, he asked me for money. I hung up on him.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful of scammers.

elizabethj26
12/1/14

There are just so many bots and scams infiltrating these sites..designed of course to get your email address or your IP address. OK Cupid has a ton of that going on, so just be super careful! The biggest alert is a flood of emails when you first join that are 1. from other states and 2. that use ( ladies!) the words "my dear" or long sentences without punctuation. If you delete these and stick with the local interests you should be OK, well...as OK as anyone is going to be using a dating site to meet people. Stay focused and don't forget to read between the lines. I think this site is OK for ease of use and easy start up without cost. Cheers

michaelw116
11/27/14

This site is ridiculous. At first it is fun, but I learned some things. Instead of have the people that work for them review pictures and profiles, they have members do it.

I was testing this out by writing a fake profile. I didn't violate any of their terms or conditions, but the first profile was for an angry gay male. the next i did was an angry lesbian. the third i did was a suicidal male.

i didn't use any profanity, racial slurs, or the word hate at all, in any of those profiles.

all 3 were flagged and they blocked my access. i emailed the staff asking them why and never got a single response.

i am assuming that because they let the users review and flag profiles and pics my accounts were banned because a few people didn't like what i wrote.

this site is bull$#*! and just know that your account can be banned for any reason even though you don't violate any of their user agreements.

if i paid for this site i would sue them

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have written to a few men and then on Monday their profile is no longer has an account and the one I am writing on my email pulled his account yesterday--what does this mean-scams, married men?
1 week ago
Answer
joep125
A: Many of the dating sites disclose in the fine print that their site is for entertainment purposes (only) and that they do encourage interaction by having (staff) post compilation profiles. I believe the typical ratio is about 10 male to 1 female member. This might justify the phantom interest in
males to keep us entertained, but hardly seems necessary for the ladies.
So, possibly you are experiencing the typical male response but maybe the potential candidates you chose had some legitimate reason to exit.
Personally, I acknowledge marital status and physical characteristics to
avoid instant disqualification upon actually meeting. But I'm sure some do not adhere to that philosophy. At the moment I am trying Ashley Madison
and so far just a short list of objections. Best wishes to you.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

OkCupid?