US Government's NSF
fredm

43 Reviews for Newsmax.com

▼ Sort by: recent

3/5/14

SCAM PLUS!!! In the small print it is FREE. Automatic renewal BS. I was billed $97. It is not free nothing but a SCAM. Best wishes on trying to UNSUBSCRIBE, it is a JOKE.

2/15/14

Their so called polls are obviously a scam. If you do not respond to their biased questions with the responses they a seeking your vote will not get counted. Typical conservative dirty tricks. Conservative: Con the people serve yourself.

2/13/14

The last bastion of hope for those that don't drink the kool-aid of the leftists. If you believe in the right to defend yourself; if you believe that credit limits should apply to government, not just individuals; if you believe in self-sufficiency over government dependency; Newsmax might make sense to you. If not, there's always msnbc.

1/29/14

Rightwing scam ! This is the tired, old me, me, me, greed of the Repukelicans. They have no policies or plans for govt except to takeover and spend all the money, and than they call us Liberals. Bush & Reagan is all you have to remember. Financial ruin, higher taxes, and bible-thumping hypocrites running this country to the bottom of the heap.

1/10/14

If you take a survey on this site and don't answer as a conservative then you don't receive an email to verify your survey. This type of tactic makes me wonder why conservatives have to rely on deceptive and unethical tactics to support their positions. They seem to be more focused on deceiving their base than making a real contribution to our government. There was a time when I would vote Republican, but I just can't these days.

12/28/13

I clicked on their "Vote on Obama's Performance" advertisement. I was led to a pretty cheaply done website, with a poll that featured, in my opinion, very biased questions, I had to confirm my vote to "make it count", and now all of a sudden I'm getting PRO-GOP email spam messages.

I clicked on the HOMEPAGE menu, read a few of their articles, and my faith in humanity dropped a little. Very biased, don't go to it unless you want to be brainwashed.

12/21/13

NEWMAX IS LESS THAN NOTHING......THE POLL IS FIXED....THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE THE TRUTH.....INSECURITY IS A Bit#@.....

12/13/13

I tried to vote on a poll question on their site and I guess they did not like what I had to say, they did not count it. I tried twice.Guess what, if you go along with their unamerican reichwing crap they count that? What the FU&*#?

11/27/13

Total $#*!--right wingnut site funded by some $#*! like the Koch brothers or similar--should be called a virus, they are putrid, disgusting and vile'

11/12/13

I agree that Newsmax is a bogus site, does anyone have a favorable review for them?

10/18/13

Similar to others--Newsmax poll is dishonest and deceptive. Does not acknowledge pro-democratic survey answers. Not in any way a "news" service. Dishonest, deceitful and disgusting.

10/17/13

Once they get your name it's there for life. I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing a book on thyroid disease through NewsMax Health. The book's content was of common mainstream information that my doctor has been preaching to me. I gave up on trying to get refunded on the book. NewsMax's customer service is job zero. Bad! Now they've got my name, they keep sending a plethora of unwanted emails, I can't get them to un-scribe, and I keep getting their junk newsletter. And since this newsletter has columns written by Dr. Ox and Dr. Roizen (two celeb-glamor docs) that only lends a sense of discredit to the publication. Dr. Oz and his "which" doctoring and Roizen's informercials on PBS pledge drives. Pseudo-science to the max, NewsMax!

10/16/13

I also took the poll about the affordable care act and the government shut down and placed blame on the republicans ,never got an email to verify my authentication .. I backed out retook the poll blaming democrats and the president and the poll went thru...Newsmax is full of it

10/15/13

I took their 'Obamacare' poll and answered all the questions as favoring it. After entering my responses, the site said I wouldn't be counted unless I 'verify your vote by clicking on the confirm link.' No email was ever sent (what a surprise). Instead I did start receiving their unwanted propaganda.
My conclusion? They have rigged the poll to only reflect the P.O.V. they want AND they will use your email to send you unwanted spam! Not a legitimate site at all!

10/14/13

I saw a poll about the ACA (Affordable Care Act) and decided to take it. It turned out to be a Newsmax poll.

The questions were biased and misleading. It was very obvious how you were supposed to answer them. I won't vote for anyone who does smear tactics, so I didn't answer the way they wanted me to.

I was told there would be a verification email sent that I needed to use in order to make my vote count. There has never been a verification email sent.

However, I received 7 emails the next day, all trying to sell me something and get my credit card number. Since I cannot trust them to send me a verification email, count my vote or have actual facts in their poll questions, why would I trust them with my credit card number? Run screaming in the other direction at a high rate of speed.

10/12/13

This site does not tell the truth. It's polls do not match the news polls. It is a right wing site with the typical right wing lies. They are saying social security does not help you make decision for retirement and want you to purchase a book. Total lie. Social Security helped me and told me the best time to collect if I could wait. Do not trust Newsmax.

10/7/13

Right wing crap. They want you to watch videos offering products, always at a price, instead of just printing in black and white what they are trying to say. Tottally disgusting ripoff.

10/4/13

Phoney poll and phoney results by Newsmax:
This phoney right-wing organization has figured out a way to manipulate public opinion in favor of the Republican agenda by falsifying the results of a poll they are promoting on the Government Shutdown. They have devised a way to monitor the results of your response by asking you to check your email and click on their link to confirm your vote in order for it to be counted. Who knew? Unwittingly, I took the poll. Surprisingly, there was no auto-reply email for Newsmax in my inbox. So, of course, I knew my vote would not be counted. The next morning, however, lo and behold, I DID find an email from Newsmax in my inbox on the subject: 5 Reasons Stocks Might Collapse with the following advice from their so-called Financial Publisher Aaron DeHoog: “I strongly encourage you to take precise steps to protect your wealth such as getting Retirement Crash Insurance.” Click here for details etc etc.. Well, I can at least confirm they got my email address right. Nothing in the spam folder. Still - no email that would allow me to confirm yesterday's vote so it could be counted. I decided to take the poll again. Once again, I received no confirmation email. So I tried a third time. Finally on the FOURTH try I got my confirmation email along with a nice “thank you for signing up to receive FREE breaking news email alerts from Newsmax.com.” Of course, I had signed up for nothing of the sort. But it was too late. Ten minutes later I got another email from my new BFF hawking their not to be missed special offer: “Get our special $4.95 offer for the ObamaCare Survival Guide – That's a saving of $15 off the cover price! Please act today... Go Here Now" said the link in big blue caps... etc etc..
If you answered: 1) you oppose a government shutdown; 2) you support implementation of ObamaCare now; 3) you mostly blame congressional Republicans for the shutdown; and 4) you voted for Obama – you can be sure that only 1 out of every 3 or 4 similar responses will actually be counted. The rest will somehow mysteriously end up in cyberspace.

9/24/13

Found the site through a poll advertisement - poll on Obamacare and decided to check it out and vote. Well, the questions itself seemed biased, as if they were meant to influence the voter's answers. Next suspicious thing was that I did not receive their so called 'confirmation' mail, as someone else pointed out, probably because they did not receive the answers they wanted.
Once I was done it spewed some shameless propaganda, portraying it as authorotative news. As a medical health editor I'm used to sifting through garbage and genuine content and this site has nothing but garbage.

9/4/13

totally BOGUS. 100% traffic capturing spam-farm. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

8/9/13

Pig ignorant, right wing propaganda, wont unsubscribe from the corporate owned brainwashing machine.

7/17/13

Website sucks.. I receive everyday more than 20 emails. I tried to removed but I can't. Scams with spams

7/11/13

I have found on almost every poll listed, the questions are ambiguous and misleading so as to deduce a wrong conclusion from the polling data. Don't even waste your time!

7/11/13

Terribly biased bogus news source. Articles written by poorly educated hacks who invent psuedo-facts in attempt to support a predetermined agenda. They have no desire to give the reader an opportunity to draw their own conclusion.

6/9/13

A load of sensationalist end of the world crap is what this site is. Its not trustworthy info. its a joke.

4/29/13

This site continues to administer "polls" ,generally with leading questions to determine the outcome. To participate you must provide an email to receive massive spam. It is a good site if you want to hear every half-baked conspiracy theory to come out (unless it criticizes a far right wing politician or candidate)

4/25/13

Newsmax wouldn't send me my confirmation email either. What a crap site full of right wing wing propaganda. If I could vote it with fewer than one star I would. No honesty or integrity whatsoever. Where the hell is the republican party I joined 20 years ago?

4/19/13

The site will only count your vote if you vote in favor on their agenda. I tried voting it and because I am "for" Obamacare, they never send me the confirmation email.

3/25/13

these are some evil people, and they tell to many lies, they must be in the GOP.can not get them to quit sending me e/mails.

2/23/13

Conservative fraud cannot bolster the image of these cretins!

2/2/13

unsubscribe doesn't work, spam filter doesn't work, auto delete does not work, report spam doesn't work. If anyone knows how I can block these emails please tell me.

1/26/13

I have tried unsuccessfully to unsubscribe for weeks, clicking on the Remove Me link in the email... well, today they started going to the spam folder...

Look... if you are legitimate, then you would legitimately unsubscribe people... I tend to think that you get paid for each email you send out with someone's ad in it so you tend to "forget" to unsubscribe people.

@(#$%*&(%)&*@#($%)*&

1/25/13

Wow from all the comments sure looks like it's a scam sight! Well what do you expect from conservatives, they don't comprehend the meaning of the word honesty. They try to steal elections, what makes you think they wouldn't steal from their followers. The people who follow them are by their very nature the most impressionable among us. That's who the conservative party targets, those easily bought and sold. If their fear mongering messages were enough to get one to subscribe in any fashion, me thinks they deserve each other!
You can always spot a site owned by the conservative party; No comments allowed. Control freaks!

11/1/12

I was just searching google for a project for one of my classes when a window popped up out of nowhere: "Romney vs. Obama. Urgent National Poll". Since I've heard of the "polls" being talked about in the news, and I do plan to vote in a few days, I decided to answer the poll's questions. When done, I waited for the confirmation email" to "confirm my votes". It never came. I thought that was kind of odd.
Well, it made complete sense why when I googled "Newsmax". It is "conservative" website. I guess they don't like my answers, and therefore, refuse to count it. (I've never heard of Newsmax before this. I thought I'm participating in a random national poll. oh well.)

9/19/12

Months after unsubscription request they still send me news and 3rd party ads! It is a part of Tea party/Jewish lobbiest business. Nowadays all they publish is how Arabs hate US and Israel and want to destroy! There news a day is too much of a hate publishing, it sounds more like brainwashing of American citizens. Almost after every news to continue reading you end up some sort of ex cia agent Gen. Hayden newsmax news and asked to pay for subscription to be able to read any further!

2/24/12

I am very confused and need input about this site. I get it and now I am reading about how bad it is. Can some one help me under stand why. I would appreciate. I don't want to read reviews that are misleading. Thank you. I would appreciate any help I can get.
candy girl

12/29/11

I made the mistake of giving credit card information to read Meltdown on Mainstreet. There were some publications I could refuse within 90 days. I did refuse...to no avail. Repeated requests by phone and email have not resulted in me extricating myself from this company. I plan on turning in a grievance complaint through my state's Attorney General's Office. More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com. They are fradulant!!!

8/8/11

They specialize in spam. If you subscribe, you will get several messages each day from them and other "partners" who would just love for you to subscribe to their service for a fee. Furthermore, any news they do send you is slanted towards the tea party and reads more like propaganda than news. If you tell them to stop spamming you, they ignore you and send you more. This company is associated with MoneyNews.com and AfterShock.

11/30/10

I just put them in my junk mail.....today ( 11/30/2010) I received a package from newsmax and it contained a book & 2 free trial magazines subscriptions...The invoice date was 09/28/2010...the invoice said it was paid in full ????????
I wonder if I will be able to cancel the subscriptions ? ? ?

7/16/10

If you sign up for the free radio you end up being on their subscription list even though you cancel it. Then they wait a year or two and bill your credit card for a year long magazine subscription. (This has happened to me three times in four years.) Using my bank's fraud services, the Newsmax rep told my banker and me that she had a current request for a subscription from me in her hand. So I would add Liar as well as Thief to any description of this company.

6/29/10

Somehow, newsmax gets your email address and subscribes you. The unsubscribe feature (you get to choose which of a couple dozen sections you do not want them to send you) evidently has no effect. Only effective way to combat the annoying newsmax barrage is to blacklist the url, mark it as spam, and let your ISP filter it out.

3/1/10

miserable... will not acknowledge requests to unsubscribe. very biased political slant. bait and switch sales tactics.

2/7/10

I have been trying to unsubscribe from this website for over a month. I clicked on "Remove your e-mail address from our list," carefully following their instructions to the letter, and it saai it would remove me within 24-48 hours, but a week later I was still receiving their ads and newsletters. I have contacted them and filed a complaint, as well as clicking on "Remove" in every e-mail they send me, but they refuse to remove me from their list! Newsmax claims to have the most subscribers of any similar organization. No doubt they count the many who have tried to unsubscribe but can't!

About Newsmax