US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

elouisem

I contacted their customer service team and I gave them all of my orders that had a damaged piece in it. (in 47 reviews)

sarahc52

ANY order over 21$ CAD they WILL charge and it WILL be at exorbant prices. (in 127 reviews)

janeth30

Now you only get store credit if you want shipping waived... (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sarahg59
2/26/15

Nasty Gal claims to have free international shipping when you spend over $150.
I live in Ontario and my $250USD / $315CAD order was charged an additional $116.56!!!!!!
I was required to pay this at Canada Post upon pick up.
I called Nasty Gal customer service for a breakdown of this cost and they said it is LANDMARKGLOBAL who charge this additional fee as they are the courrier.

I was told that there is a pop up at check out on the Nasty Gal website that says the total does not include courrier fees in your country.
The woman I spoke to at NG is sending me a list of the charges once shes gets it from Landmark Global.

I have tried to contact Landmark Global on the number listed on my package - It is out of service.
I did Canada 411 to get their local number - I keep getting their voicemail and am receiving no reply.
I have just emailed them at internationalsolutions@landmarkglobal.com which the woman at NG gave me.

All of this takes away from what GREAT quality the NG clothes were that I ordered.
They fit true to size and are excellent quality.
But for an order of 4 items at a total cost of $428 CAD (Over $100 per item!?!?!?) I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM NASTY GAL AGAIN!

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!

am3977
2/23/15

I placed an order and noticed that the quantity was off. I called them less than 10 minutes later and the representative said that she will cancel my order. I got an updated e-mail stating that my order was canceled. BUT there was still a charge on my credit card.

A week later, I got a package from them. I tried to print a return label online but it states that I have already returned the items. I complained to the company and they issued me a return label.

So it's been one month and I have not received my money back. STAY AWAY!

takeyhat
2/18/15

I want my money back I spent 600$ worth of things so I can send the items back to Afrika and these beeches didn't send me anything !!!! What de heck mon ! The shipping is crazy .

jennag3
2/14/15

I hate Nasty Gal. I ordered $100 dollar dress and found the SAME exact dress on Divergence Clothing for $45. Buyers beware.... For an alternative to Nasty Gal try Divergenceclothing.com. They carry lots of the same brands and have great customer service and fair prices.

michellez6
2/14/15

This website is very unprofessional. I should have taken into consideration the previous reviews I read. I recently order a cream pullover shirt on the website. I bought it specifically for a performance this weekend. I ordered this top on February 2 and the standard shipping was 5-7 days giving me plenty of time for it to get here for the event. Surprisingly, on monday, February 9th, they sent me an email with an update for my order. BUT! To my surprise it was canceled. I did not receive any explanation to why it was canceled or did I receive an apology for my cancellation. This piece of clothing was for a large event this weekend, and luckily I ended up purchasing another top from a different company. I will never order from this site again.

alexc78
2/12/15

my order of a faux fur scarf came 32 days after my order was placed even though it states that standard delivery to ireland takes 1-2 weeks.i payed 14 euros for the shipping on the website, then the delivery man said im supposed to pay 23 euros for customs and vat right then and there before i receive my package ... this is outrageous i was never told about this and i never had to do this for previous orders ... when i asked the nasty gal representative on the live chat on their website i constantly received generic answers right out of a book ....so in total including the shipping i had already paid for i was expected by them to pay 76 euros to receive the faux fur scarf ... i was outraged and after over an hour of trying to sort this out all i was told to do was refuse the item and i would get my money back ... the item cost 40 euros and yet they wanted me to pay 35 euros to receive it without making me aware of this at the checkout.there were no apologies and i was just continuously told i was in the wrong because it was at the bottom of some random page on the website even though their company did not inform me of these charges at the checkout .. and the rep told me that this problem had been happening to other customers also since they changed delivery companies ( the reason for these new charges ) i will never buy from this misleading and untrustworthy brand again. They clearly do not value customer satisfaction or customer convenience , now after over a month of waiting and looking forward to receiving my item i will not receive it and they also refused to give me any voucher or future discount for the inconvenience .. dont buy from Nasty Gal its clearly unsafe and they don't know how to manage their website to make it even remotely clear and safe for customers. make sure to warn your friends !!

Tip for consumers: dont use this website you will either be left with less money than you intended on paying or even getting back after returning which generally doesn't give back the'' initial''shipping cost . i do not recommend this website at all especially for people buying outside of america!

starb5
2/11/15

Well im from the UK and the whole shipping experience was absolutely shocking and disappointing to say the least. First off all, Nasty Gal's online location status of the item tells an absolute lie, as It was telling me my dress had arrived in the UK, 4 days after purchase. Yet, UPS had no recollection of the dress even leaving the US Warehouse. Later on, I found out my dress was taken to their warehouse hub in Germany? and THEN to England after 9 days.

Secondly, although Nasty Gal claims that theres 'free shipping' for purchases over $150 (my dress being £270) they do not clearly state the amount in which you'll be taxed due to shipping - which will amount to more than their 'shipping cost'. I then found out my C.O.D was £90 altogether which is just beyond me.

After this experience, I will never be shopping from this unreliable outlet again, I am yet still awaiting to receive my dress which I somewhat hope will make up for their appalling services.

hellog1
2/11/15

NEVER AGAIN
NASTY GAL IS A TOTAL SCAM
I've purchased from them before, got a dress last year and everything was fine. The shipping took a while but it was ok. Well, in January I saw that the sale was on so I decided to treat myself to a few things (order came to about 60 euros) took again about two or three weeks to arrive, clothes are OK, but when the parcel arrived I was expected to pay 27 euros more because of COD whatever! Utter rubbish. Just went on the live chat to complain and the agent told me that it says this in their FAQ and when purchasing, but they should make it much clearer, especially when they advertise 10 euro shipping.
So disappointed I don't even want to wear the clothes
Pure garbage, don't buy from them

Tip for consumers: Only use this webside if you live in the USA

annv3
2/10/15

Oh boy, I wish I'd seen these reviews before I ordered! Not in my wildest dreams did I think when I ordered 1/27 that I would not get my dress I planned to wear to an event I am leaving for on 2/12. Now I to go buy another one! It took them FIVE days to send it?? (Feb. 2nd) and they count only business days for the total maximum NINE. Oh, and they can't give me a progress report; there is no tracking. You can also plan to sit on the phone holding a long time. Not a good place to do businessss.

guyanar
2/7/15

I ordered from this site because pictures posted were gorgeous dresses for amazing price, they excepted pay pal, so I thought all was well... Until I received half of the order.. Items were made from thin T-shirt material, unevenly sawed with sleeves that are uneven. Some items are so tight that you can not even put them on. The use of size did not help, since chart is incorrect. If you do not have money to waste do not order from this company that is located in China.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this company

maa93
2/6/15

What a horrible website, I've ordered handbag that was on sale, payed the shipping cost just to find out that I have to pay 19 euros on the pick up as some sort of tax ( bare in mind that's exactly what I have payed for the handbag itself!) and checking the UPS tracking history the package was sent from German hub... Since when we pay tax on goods inebetween Germany and the UK ? Horrible horrible scam website! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM !

jayb66
2/6/15

Ordered a bunch of clothes from this site on a Monday afternoon for a trip I was going on the following Monday. I opted for the UK "Express" delivery which supposedly takes 2-3 business days. I assumed the company had a warehouse/stockist in the UK as I didn't think it was possible to ship from the States that quickly. The shipping came to £16.95 or something silly but easily forgivable considering how little my actual order cost because of the sales. They sent me a confirmation e-mail stating I'd receive another e-mail shortly to confirm my order had been shipped. It had got to Wednesday and I had still hadn't received the confirmation of shipping e-mail, so I tweeted @ them to which I got no reply. Sent another tweet - a few hours later they followed and DM'ed me asking for my order number so they could look into it. Sent it to them and they replied a few hours later to say their customer service department would be e-mailing me shortly. I received an e-mail a few minutes later saying orders take a few business days to process before they ship and my order would be shipped shortly. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to online clothes shopping but I do know that most if not all e-boutiques don't require days for their orders to process before shipping, especially considering I'd ordered from another 2 e-boutiques the same day as I'd ordered from NastyGal and I'd received my confirmation of shipping e-mail a few hours later and received my order the next day or the day after that. I also assumed the "2-3 business days" delivery meant my order would reach me within 2-3 days of me placing it - it says nothing on the website about the company needing a few days to process the order before shipping out. Not off to a good start but I still had 5 or so days before I'd have to leave so I waited for my shipping e-mail with baited breath. My friend who ordered from NastyGal using the standard 4-7 day shipping method the same day as I'd ordered mine received an e-mail the day I'd been e-mailed by customer service to say her order had been shipped. Meanwhile I had still received NOTHING; I checked my junk mail and everything in case it'd been sent to a different folder. I replied to the e-mail the following day to ask if my order had been shipped to which I have still received no reply. I then get a call from my dad (I get all of my mail sent to my dads because I work shifts so I'm not always in to get my own mail) to say a parcel had been delivered from the states and the postman said he'd have to pay an extra £12.45 for customs. Nothing was stated on the NastyGal website about an extra charge for customs. I assumed that if my order was to be shipping from the States that the horrendous £16.95 delivery charge would include all charges incurred. My dad didn't have the cash on him there and then to pay for it so the postman said he would reattempt to deliver the parcel...on Monday. When I have to leave extremely early for my trip. UPS left no information about the parcel or the depot it would be at so it's not as if I can go and collect it. I have also still not received a confirmation of shipping e-mail from NastyGal so I have no tracking number whatsoever so it's not as if I can call UPS and ask them to find out which depot it's at. I just hope the clothes are worth it if and when I finally receive them. Regardless, I won't be ordering from NastyGal ever again. I will be making a formal complaint and I just hope they will at least reimburse me in some shape or form; ideally by reimbursing me the £16.95 charge for delivery!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them, simple!

leighp13
2/5/15

I ordered a pair of shoes online with the status staying it was "preparing to ship" for a week. Just to find out that the order was cancelled because "by the time they got to my order my size was out of stock" however when I called the day before, they told me it was boxed and ready to ship by 4pm. They cancelled the order without notification or ANYthing!! They didn't give me anything for it either. Horrible communication and customer service.

alexandraz2
2/4/15

Nasty Gal's customer service is... well, even their name says it. NASTY, PLAIN NASTY.

I needed my order to be shipped to a different address because I moved out of that apartment and they couldn't change my address because the order was too far in process. I wanted to cancel my order because I hate $#*!ty customer service, I couldn't either because my order was too far in process... My order hasn't even been shipped out yet and I placed it 4 days ago. I am super mad and I'm not going to order from this company again. They might have cool stuff and everything, but I can find it somewhere else. NASTY GAL SUCKS... Oh, and Sophia A. swears by her customer service. Girl... PLEASE.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM NASTY GAL

av583
2/4/15

Their items are horrible quality, I think that much is known. The products that they sell that are from other designers are the only ones anyone should ever consider purchasing. I've attempted shopping with them over the past 4 years for a total of about 4 or 5 times, I keep thinking that this time will be different but I'm wrong every time. In my most recent experience I bought three items, all of which stated nothing about being non-returnable. I received them, they didn't fit, and I proceeded to try and return them. Lo and behold, they're not returnable. I'm a seasoned online shopper and every other f****** retailer explicitly states somewhere either on the product or checkout page that the items you are purchasing are NOT eligible for return. Nasty Gal knowingly deceives customers by having a "Returns" section on their product pages that says "returns are easy," but doesn't note anything about the actual return policy for that item. What a dishonest company. They're a scam. Be sure to read that policy and maybe even confirm with them on the phone or by email that they are returnable/not returnable. I will never shop at this store again.

Tip for consumers: Read the return policy.

charinam
2/3/15

The dresses that I received were not bad quality. The only problem I had was one of the dresses was missing. When I contacted them I get no reply. Its too bad too because the business I run is adult entertainment & these girls pay it's as much for the same products. I stopped every girl in my club from making those orders & I manage @ least 60 girls. Their loss for being so damn greedy.

jenni1382
2/3/15

A warning to any purchaser out there. If you're going to order an item that says "low inventory" be prepared that they may not send it to you because it's supposedly "out of stock". ( I live in te U.S)

I was very disappointed in them. I ordered an eyeliner and the “ over it overalls ” in a XS which were on sale for 33$. I waited 3 days for them to confirm the payment; when they did, I saw they only sent the eyeliner.

Though, the overalls were stocked on XS and S the very next day I ordered them, they STILL didn't sent it. I'm very furious about this bullcrap.

I will be calling today.

saimam
1/30/15

would not rate this company at all I live in the uk and was not advised of UPS demanding me COD the actual price of item at my door- poor quality clothes - can buy them at Wall mart poor customer service TRUST ME IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE USA DONT BUY FROM THEM i cannot stress enough no information at all on extra HIDDEN charges

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE US POOR QUALITY CLOTHES POOR SERVICE ITEM CHEAP RIP OFF OF KIM KARDASHIAN COLLECTION!!!! HIDDEN CHARGES ARE NOT DISCLOSED

skylerk
1/29/15

ugh, Nasty Gal... I love their clothes and think they are high quality, for what you get. All the clothes I have ordered have been nicely made with sturdy material. I mostly only buy the more covering clothes, so I can't speak to the quality of their revealing club clothes.

My big problem is that they keep f**king up the shoes they send me. First, they sent me sandals they KNEW were broken. The box came with a sheet, signed by someone at the warehouse, saying the buckle on the right shoes was broken. WTF I didn't order these shoes knowing they were broken, and I sure as hell didn't get a discount for them being broken.

Second pair I ordered, they sent me the wrong size. No, it wasn't that the shoes were my right size and that the style of shoe didn't fit, they sent me half a size too small. WTF?? I really liked the shoes too!

Their returns take so long, and they will only refund you store credit for shipping costs, even if you're returning the item because they f**ked up, like in both my returns situations.

Tip for consumers: Their customer service live chat is really good. Despite Nasty Gal sending me broken and incorrect items, the sales associates have always been nice and helped me fix the issue.

charlesr32
1/22/15

U STOLED MY DEBT CARD NUMBER ! I have never been on this site b4 , my bank statement show a fraud from ur company , wow thanks a lot ! I WANT MY $$ BACK LOW LIFE S.O.Bs....Do nt order anything from this company !

kirstym5
1/19/15

Really unhappy! Absolutly love all the clothes, so decided to treat myself.. I live in the uk and didn't want to spend a crazy amount, but I saw it said free shopping for purchases over 150 pounds, so I thought that was a good deal, so I increased my purchases in order for that as it would 'in theory' work out better. 10 days later, 3 days later then it was meant to come, it arrives and I'm charged 70 pounds for duty. Not only is that a ridiculous amount for a few items of clothing, I ended up having to pay more because I bought more to get the free shopping! An absolutle scam and cheek, not written anywhere! Completely putting me off shopping there now as you can't be told free shipping and get charged half of what you bought for shipping. Very angry. Something needs I be done about this, as nasty gal has lost an 'initially' big fab of the brand! (And I'm not someone who usually write reviews or complains, but I am fuming!)

janist1
1/16/15

This site is a complete waste of time. After placing an order, I was delighted to see that processing would only take 1-2 days, and then my items would be on their way! Ah, but alas it is 7 days later and this order has yet to ship. Contacted a Nasty Gal representative and she said that my order would be shipped out later that day. To my surprise (not really), the order had not shipped out and I contacted Nasty Gal yet again. This time the rep told me that due to a switch in systems they have no contact with the warehouse and have no idea when my order will ship! The rep continued to tell me that there was a "clear notice of a delay" in the checkout. While still talking to the rep I added something to my cart and took it all the way to place my order, and there was no notice to be found. I promptly asked where I could find the notice, in which she told my, very conveniently, that it had been taken down. So now there is not foreseeable resolution to my situation, I just have to sit here and wait. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NASTY GAL!

sfs7
1/16/15

IF I COULD GIVE THEM LESS THAN ONE STAR I WOULD. THEY ARE HORRRIBLEEEEEEE. PAID FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING--NOW A WEEK LATER AND NO CLOTHES. YET THEY INSIST THEY CANNOT GIVE ME A REFUND BECAUSE SHIPMENT IS PENDING?!?!! ABSOLUTELY 100% THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

km63
1/10/15

I wouldn't shop here for Christmas gifts as they do not have extended return times for holidays. Clothes are cheap, prices are cheap, so you get what you pay for.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't shop here for Christmas gifts as they do not have extended return times for holidays.

christelj
1/7/15

Buyer BEWARE!!!!
I Ordered 2 coats after 2 months I received 1 of them the other one I have not received. I have contacted this company thru Paypal and have got no where. Today on a 40.00 coat they want to offer me 14.00 I am discussed that we are here today. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ever

Tip for consumers: BEST TIP EVER DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

marieanna
1/7/15

I bought about 10 items from them and one dress was damaged. They did not want to replace it because they said that it is "final sale." The customer contact care associate kept saying the exact same thing over and over like he/she cannot explain anything else. Customer looses, nasty gal takes all profit. Never buying from them again.

erikp12
12/31/14

Super fun and friendly chat agent!
Went on Nasty Gal site and saw they had live chat! Thought I would check it out and had so much fun chatting with the agent! She gave me great fashion advice and just an overall fun experience. I will definitely buy from them in the future!

Tip for consumers: Chat agent Heidi is the bomb!

chanelleg
12/29/14

NastyGal should not have all the negative reviews that they do.

5star Shipping: I ordered on Friday (paid for 1 business day shipping) received it Monday afternoon. Also, I live in Ohio so I am in the U.S. if international shipping was a problem, I can't help you there.

5star quality: I bought four crop tops and they all fit true to the medium size and are great quality. I also ordered an iPhone 5 case and Mac lipstick, which are both nice; I mean as good as a phone case and makeup product will be.

5star Value: Each crop was around 30 or 40 dollars & I'm happy to say I believe I got my moneys worth. Reasonable pricing for the each item.

This is my first time ordering from NastyGal and I'm now a loyal customer. I really don't understand the problem others are having, for my experience was very pleasant. They get my thumbs up and I totally recommend them.

Tip for consumers: For the busty ladies: the bralettes, crops, and bustiers will play as a push up bra due to the snug fit, so if you don't want your boobs to your chin I wouldn't suggest their crops. BUT they are fun and totally cute.

ashleys72
12/29/14

I've bought a pair of cut off shorts, Mink Pink brand. They are fabulous. I also bought 3 dresses all great quality!! These negative reviews shock me, I've had nothing but amazing experiences with Nasty Gal!

anneb29
12/28/14

I ordered the double breasted white jacket for my daughter.
when it came it was in an envelope. I thought this can't be the jacket.
it was! it was a cheap thin "jacket" made of fleece.
very poorly made with everything off centre and doesn't hang evenly.
I will NEVER order from nasty dresses again.

emmac40
12/24/14

Around October i purchased some garments from Nasty Gal. When they arrived I noticed how poorly made the garments were and the straps on the dress were falling apart. I immediately returned the garments and informed Nasty Gal that I had done so for them to expect a return. Two weeks later, 18th of November, I contacted Nasty Gal again to confirm they had recieved my returns package and I was informed they had recieved the returned good and would process my refund immediately.

After numerous back and forth emails, each time being contacted by a different person and not having the issue handled by a single person, it shows how useless their customer service is.

It is December the 24th now and I still have not recieved my refund. How can it possibly take over a month to action a refund.

I decided I might contact someone from their live chat option on their website. That was a bloodly nightmare. Either the person "Madison" i was talking to was plain rude or not a person at all but a robot with automated responses.

All I want is my bloody refund and have this nightmare be over with.

Don't bother shoping on this site. The quality of the garments is $#*! but even worse, their customer service is dreadful.

lisaf57
12/23/14

Nasty Gal has poor customer service - Do not offer exchanges and will not honor sales price on returns. So it better fit, or you are out of luck. What quality business do not honor their prices within 30 days? Think twice before you purchase an item!

petera58
12/21/14

I just purchased a number of items for my daughter( she had hinted at for Xmas). I did expect to pay an upcharge as I am in Canada. However, not including the exchange, there was a 40 percent C.O.D. Fee tacked on by Landmark Global. So a $250 gift gets another $95 added. That is a SCAM. I recommend you avoid this trap.

jf48
12/16/14

Okay, so I just got home from holiday, and decided to treat myself to a mini shopping spree on Nasty Gal. I've purchased before and not had any problems with my packages coming to the door with little to no extra fees. BUT NOW (I forgot to mention, I'm in Canada) I've just got a shipping confirmation, and an email from Landmark Global via Nasty Gal saying:
"
Please remit your duties and taxes for your Nasty Gal order

You can pay the applicable duties, taxes, and COD fees that your government collects for shipments from the US here using the payment portal of our logistics partner Landmark Global.

Once you have completed the online payment for these fees, your order will be on the way to your doorstep. By completing this payment online you will get your package faster, and there is no need for you to be present at the time of delivery. Additionally, the COD fee will be much lower!"

It's still nearly $50 on an order for $150.00!! EXTRA!?!? Has anyone done this through Landmark in advance - did you save any money?
Would love some help! REally disappointed in this new scam their doing. The must have changed couriers.

RIP OFF.

suzieq3
12/15/14

What a bunch of whining, entitled cheapskate IDIOTS you all are! You want INSTANT international delivery for FREE on everything, you blame the company for the customs charges you pay to your government as if the store has ANYTHING to do with it, and you expect HIGH QUALITY clothing for dirt cheap from a store that specializes in mass produced junk made in sweatshops. All a bunch of freaking IDIOTS!! If you want quality, don't support this kind of a bullsh** store. Don't buy disposable clothing...be willing to pay a FAIR price for better quality from better stores!

harrieta3
12/10/14

I found out about NastyGal from a girl I followed on Instagram. Occasionally she would post a picture of herself in the clothing from there. I found the website and immediately fell in love. The styles are absolutely astounding(online). Finally, I got my own debit card and was able to purchase something from there. Instead of being conservative and trying something cheap, I ordered what was supposed to be a very nice plaid, see-through, floor-length "t-shirt". I was excited when it came in and tried it on without examining properly. However, when I did look down, I noticed that it was ripped halfway down horribly. I am excellent at sewing, but that is beyond the point. I shouldn't have to stitch new clothes back together. It's ridiculous. I figured it was a fluke, so the other day I ordered a cheap skirt from the sales menu. It came in, and once again I was extremely disgusted and disappointed. It was also ripped around the elastic. Not only that, but it was made of an awful material that felt almost like a diaper. I've learned my lesson and will never shop there again.

serenaf2
12/9/14

The service of this company is absolutely rubbish. I paid for my order 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, when they announce on their site that it will arrive to UK in 4-7 working days. And I asked costumer care the only thing that they do is to refer you to the tracking history, they are useless. Does anyone know if I have any right for not having received my order yet? Thanks

cassandrak3
12/9/14

Worst quality of clothes ever. I cannot believe they charge such prices for such clearly forsaken items. 1$00usd for a single piece of chiffon printed dress (no inner lining, inner collar was left unsewn, ill-fitting etc) is just absurd. First time I felt cheated of my online purchase. First and last time I am shopping with Nastygal. Really disappointing. I sent it back with the reason that the quality did not meet my expectations but have yet to hear from them about it after 2 weeks. Checked with customer relations but all I got was that till they have processed it, customer relations cannot attend to my order. WHAT? So what is your customer relations unit for? To inform your customers that they cannot do anything about it? Thanks, but no thanks. Please focus more on the quality of your items rather than your branding and image Nastygal.

Tip for consumers: don't shop here.

janeth30
12/8/14

I started shopping at Nasty Gal in 2011/2012 and used to shop there religiously. However, I've noticed their service has gotten progressively worse. They used to do free shipping for orders $50 or more, now it's $75 (such a strange number, and always hard to add up to get that!). Their return/exchange service also changed -- used to be no questions asked and get refund on your card you used. Now you only get store credit if you want shipping waived... How irritating. Even worse, I got a defective dress (stitching was uneven) in the mail today so I contacted them for an exchange. I think they make it a hassle now so customers wouldn't bother returning items. In this case, they told me they'll let me return it with shipping waived; HOWEVER, because I got the dress on sale, they're telling me to purchase it at FULL price and I'll get "refunded" with store credit. Yeah, right. It's a total ploy to get customers to spend more money. In the past, if I wanted an exchange on an item that was on sale, they'd honor it in a heartbeat. I totally DO NOT trust them. Another example in the past, in 2012: I got shoes that were damaged from the rain en route to my house and they happily allowed me to return it -- full refund, and shipping waived.
And get this -- with the recent dress defect, they're asking me to take a picture and email it to them to "make sure the other dresses in the same style are not defected." Um... isn't that what quality control employees are for? Shouldn't you send someone at the warehouse to check the dresses, not a customer? It's like if you're shopping at a store in the mall and noticed a dress you bought is defected and then the sales associate tells you to go to the rack where you got the dress and check if the other dresses are okay. (and just the record, I did describe what was wrong with the dress through text to the Nasty Gal agent) It just doesn't make sense for me to do all this extra work for a simple refund (and now, writing this review).

What happened to your service, Nasty Gal? I'm not surprised I no longer really shop there anymore, when I used to buy something literally every other week. Super disappointed.

I mainly only look out for sales now, because items are definitely overpriced. You can google the item you're looking at and see it cheaper elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: careful. don't buy something that may be questionable in fit - you don't want to deal with returns.

armandm26
12/5/14

Do not order from this site. They do not deliver what it states clearly on the website.
I order some items and requested to be deliver overnight it was a birthday present.
I call costumer service and I was assure that I will get the items next day and surprise.
Nothing happen they told me if was not shipped. They ruin the fact that not only paid for overnight shipping but placed the order before 1pm as clearly stated on their website to be shipped the same day. They lied to me saying it will be arriving the next day.
Stay away from this store. There are other stores that have much better costumer service. Thank you nastygal for ruiniing the surprise to my friend.

barborag
12/2/14

Really very BAD and unpleasant experience. Horrible customer service, I was shocked that nowadays you still can find places who don't value their customers at all. Such a shame as I was so happy and excited when found this website for the first time as they claim to stock some of my favourite brands. Would never recommend to buy anything from them. Check the brand and search of other retailers as most likely you will be dissappointed.

louism34
11/28/14

Well I paid for a blazer which is worth AUD75. The shipping is ok I received the item in time. But, the quality is really poor it looks like something worth $20 nothing more. I returned it and I was patiently waiting for my credit. They confirmed that they have received the returned item already an I was told I should wait for 3-5 business days for the credit. The got those response over and over as I was explaining to each and everyone who gets my email that I have returned it provided the tracking number (several times) and was told several times to wait for the credit 3-5 business days. I was a bit irritated cos the customer agents were not reading the thread that I need to be like a parrot just to get my money! So they said they did returned the money and I called paypal and they can't find anything from this Nasty Store. So they file a claim for me! The next day the Nasty store offered the credit through my dispute on Paypal. Will never buy from this nasty store again!

Tip for consumers: Buy if you are sure to keep the item because they are really NASTY about refund and returns! Overpriced for a cheap quality! Never looked like the photos on their website!

hatties9
11/18/14

This website is highly dubious. I made an order and they emailed me a day later saying that they needed a photo of my credit card and a picture of my ID!I have never been asked for anything like this before when shopping online and it has never been a requirement. They then cancelled my order as I didn't reply within a day. A complete scam.

danielleh13
11/17/14

I ordered a dress for an event and unbeknownst to me, the order was canceled because the dress I ordered was actually not in stock. I emailed costumer service and they apologized in what seemed to be an automated message and thus insincere. I went to the site to add my name to the email list so that I could be informed if it was to be back in stock and there were 2 dresses in my size "available"! Who knows if they actually exist but I found it irksome that my order was canceled when the site says they have my dress in stock. Overall, you may order something that is canceled without any sort of apology on their behalf unless you email them. I would not recommend this site because they clearly lack in costumer service.

rachels42
11/14/14

It was totally different from what I saw through the web page. They put that the width of a bag is 10" but when I measured it, it was 7"

Tip for consumers: Dresses are good, but do not buy the bags

taylory2
11/14/14

I returned a few items that did not fit me. By the way, they run SUPER small and inconsistent. The website says they will refund you within 7 days of receiving your items...it has been close to 20. I tracked my package and they have confirmed that they even received it, but still i have no credit on my card.... I am over this and I want my money back !!

jqe
11/14/14

They have nice merchandise but horrible service I paid extra for express delivery and it did not come express at all it was impossible to reach someone by email or phone to see what was going on. I would not recommend ordering from them!

susieq1
11/12/14

DO NOT BUY!!!! RIP OFF DELIVERY CHARGES!!!!! WEBSITE MISLEADING!!!!
I will not be buying from thiswebsite again and will endevour to make sure that other people from the UK are aware of business pitfalls!!!
My experienec: I was surprised to have to pay £50 to receive my order given that their website states that orders over $150 have free shipping. This offer of free shipping encourages the customer to buy more products than they otherwise might in order to take advantage of this offer. Their website states - charges MAY (yes that is a mght) be incurred by over seas customers. I felt that the way that their website displays this offer is misleading. I suspect that they have many customers from the UK who have fallen foul of these charges. I suggest they make this clearer in future.

Tip for consumers: Please do not buy from this website!!!!

erind19
11/6/14

Bought a dress on line for my daughter. It didn't fit so I returned it the next day. I was told it would take 7-10 days from the time they recieved it to get my refund. Three weeks later and several phone calls later I still have yet to receive my refund. Their customer service is awful at best. I even have the UPS tracking number telling me when the dress got there and their "customer service" rep basically told me "tough luck". Don't shop here.

domp2
11/4/14

Customs and duty fees are disgusting. I ordered a trench coat and a dress which came up to roughly $170. That was already super expensive. I had to pay $70 more for customs and duty charges. It's not worth it if you are outside of the US. The jacket is beautiful, but the dress was such poor quality, and the size was horrendous. Shipping was quick, took 4 days.This website is super over priced, only bought the jacket because it was impossible to find one like it in stores. Only bought the dress to receive free shipping (Free shipping over $150 USD).

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can you all please tell me where you live? I see bad reviews and I live in Ohio and I dont want to go through the same thing.
2/10/13
skylerk
A: You should be fine ordering from them. The people complaining are international customers. Their complaints about international shipping actually aren't Nasty Gal's fault. Unfortunately customs is just expensive, nothing to do with Nasty Gal :/
1 month ago
Add your answer
Q: Has anyone else been sent items that Nasty Gal knew were broken? I order a pair of sandals, and inside the shoe box was a warehouse signed slip indicating that the buckle on the right shoe was broken. Seems so weird! Wondering if anyone else had the same problem or if it was a fluke. The customer service rep seemed like she had never heard of it happening before.
1 month ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for NastyGal

No coupon code needed
Shop now at NastyGal to save!
Go to NastyGal