US Government's NSF

Categories: Fashion, Shopping
523 W. 6th Street Suite 330, Suite 330
Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
hello@nastygal.com

People interested in NastyGal are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

elouisem

I contacted their customer service team and I gave them all of my orders that had a damaged piece in it. (in 55 reviews)

sarahg59

I live in Ontario and my $250USD / $315CAD order was charged an additional $116.56!!!!!! (in 149 reviews)

janeth30

Now you only get store credit if you want shipping waived... (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sitej21
7/27/15

To return two separate items, they required me to send them separately, and charged me $11 on each item to process the return!! I lost $22 just to return 2 items that made me look like a french fry holder. NEVER AGAIN.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF RETURN POLICY

brandyl4
7/22/15

I ordered from Nasty Gal one week ago. I didn't buy a lot of stuff like other people. I just bought one cuff and one pair of earrings from them. I've been looking over their website for months now. I waited for some big discount, so it ended up like the cuff- they marked it originally C$60, I paid C$18; The earring they marked C$75, I paid C$16. Shipping cost is reasonable around C$12.. I wasn't expecting a COD amount at the time I finished paying with Paypal, until I reached here and found out - boom! what the heck? In my case it wasn't much so It's not a big deal in the end.

What I really don't get pass is they didn't package my order with even a small box!!!- hello?? You call that a parcel??? The style of that packaging reminds me the day I order snacks from Chinese online website Taobao... With Taobao, you can accept that style of package is because it's only raw snack which wouldn't been damaged very easily, and TaoBao is very complicated, it's more like an online flee market. However, As an online shopping company in US, this type of packaging condition is truly unacceptable and below the average of North Amercia shopping site service, they really showed their attitude toward small amount of order- "you didn't purchase much, so we are not going to waste our shipping box to you"...... They just wrap those two items each with bubble wrap then wrapped external with foil material. The shipping was really fast.. They shipped out my order before I actually paid them, and I received order only after one week. Not to mention the risk my order might be damaged or anything else, the fact is I ordered something is closely considered as fragile in their own way... I just don't see people who sell jewelry online would not notice the difference or importance of a proper package...Clearly Nasty gal treat their shipping style more close to Taobao...

The product doesn't look like they are worth nearly C$70.. Over the months of observing their website, I found out they tend to sell the exact same thing- handbags or jewelery like other website with much higher price. They do carry some cute, contemporary brands that you can't find on other websites. They also tend to mislead young girls with brighter picture technique. Most of their pu leather handbag you can see they really put effort into their picture taking. You even nearly think it "looks exactly"like real leather, but I'll tell you- do not buy them.. you will definitely get disappointed, because they don't provide 360 degree of capturing for their product's actual condition.

I paid with paypal. They didn't accept my paypal transaction at the first place, but they have already shipped out my order, so I contacted their online chat. After I talked to the first person, they still didn't finish my transaction at that time (you can see the chat in the following picture, the girl promised me they would accept my transaction, but obviously they didn't at that time!)... another weekend had passed.. I'm a very patient person, so I talked to the second person through online chat, finally that person was very helpful, she actually sent me an follow-up Email afterward..

What I would suggest is -
1.do not purchase too many stuff at one time. Don't fall for the "get free shipping on orders over $150". Yes, sometime shipping can be very high, but you really need to consider your budget and your potential. Before you buy something, ask yourself- Do I really need this? What would I do with this handbag? Is this really good material? Is this worth the price or is it going to last a couple years?? most of those free shipping deal would only affect your judgement toward your mind by either buy more things you end up may considered as useless or increase COD amount your pay even more in the end..
2. Do not fall for their picture. If you really love a bag they are selling. You always need to search the same thing over the internet first, because you may search out more and even better pictures or information about the product.
3. Always consider quality as your first priority when you search on their website. Nasty Gal can still exists in today's online shopping mostly because they sell bizarre and interesting fashion stuff you can't find very easily anywhere else.

Tip for consumers: 1.Do not purchase too many stuff at one time.
2.Don't fall for the "get free shipping on orders over $150". It just trick you to spend more than you could.
3.examine product more carefully or even do more research for the things you buy by google it. It's just convenient and your money saver.

amandad33
7/15/15

I've been shopping big online stores like Nasty Gal and others and always seem to have a problem which sucks because they are such well known. I bought a skirt from Nasty Gal and the zipper broke as I was trying it on. Not only that but I found the axact same one on another website for a lot cheaper. They are overrated and I'm over shopping there. I tried to exchange and they won't let me. I rather shop smaller online stores like Bare Rebel. Good products and customer service.

landyt
7/7/15

If you are looking to order through nasty gal if you are Australian, think again! I waited two months for my order, and then after I questioned the live chat service where my order was, they gave no reason as to why i had not received my order, or that they had even sent it. This meant that they had over US$200 of mine for over two months without any attempt of conmmunication with me???? Dodgy as, I would NOT trust this website!!!!

dianel28
7/4/15

Because they don't use Canada Post or USPS - instead another courier company Landmark - the duty, taxes and brokerage fees tacked on to the order are horrendous. If you contact customer service about it, they patronizingly remind you that you checked a box agreeing to pay extra for applicable duty. I purchased a dress for $110, paid $12 shipping, and then was told I had to pay $50 more when it arrived. I ended up refusing the package - it will go back to NG and I'll eventually be refunded for it. I wanted the dress, but wasn't even sure it would fit properly - and wasn't going to pay $50 to find out! Shame on you Nasty Gal - pure robbery.

dollyh1
6/2/15

I like most writing here, trusted this site as they were recommended in a uk magazine, and website as shipping to the uk. So here's the deal , you order and pay international shipping rates, the item then takes a couple of weeks to reach you and as the courier doesn't give you a delivery time you will of course be out! To your horror you will be charged another £20.00 or so to except delivery of the item, THIS IS NOT A CUSTOMS CHARGE THIS IS CHARGED BY THE SELLER! I don't care how nice something is I refuse to go into pants down territory by a company that you will probably find dodges tax anyway, this lot are a sneaky bunch of conniving weasels. Use at your peril! I have emailed uk trading standards in regards to this company's antics alongside watchdog people need to be aware. Use at your peril!

liselorel
5/30/15

I wish I had read the reviews on this site before ordering from Nasty Gal! I took advantage of the Memorial Day sale to splurge on a pair of adorable boots from the site, 40% off. And YES, since I live in The Netherlands, of course I checked if I would have to pay customs and taxes upon import. But last I checked, VAT in my country is 21% and customs another 12%. Well, last I checked, 33% over $340 (the original amount, NOT the sale price I paid) would be around $115. But I received an email from a company called Landmark Global that I owed them a total amount of 195 DOLLAR (!!) in total for taxes and COD. THat is almost the same amount as I paid for my original order!
Slightly panicked, I contacted Nasty Gal's customer service. To be fair, they reacted almost immediately and very politely, if not exactly helpful: my order could not be cancelled because it had already shipped, but I could send it back once I received it and they would refund my money. I replied that I could hardly send it back, because to do that I would first have to pay the custom charges and I wouldn't do that, but I said I would refuse the charges and the package would be returned to Nasty Gal immediately. To that, I received a reply that that was fine; I would just have to contact Nasty Gal once I refused the package and they would refund my money immediately. Well, I haven't received the package yet, so I'm hoping this all goes as smoothly as they have promised. BUT: regardless, do beware of buying internationally from Nasty Gal. I have no idea whether this is a scam or not (having read #Girlboss and enjoyed it very much, I hope not), but I do know there's 80 dollars not accounted for.

UPDATE. I received my package today and to my utter surprise the taxes and duties I had to pay were much lower than I was told by NG. Apparently, the customs officers disagreed with the estimate that Landmark Global gave me and the total came up to 114 dollars, just as I predicted above! Now I totally know that that company is a complete scam :(

P.S. After writing this review, I checked my inbox and it seems I already ordered another item from Nasty Gal a year before. It took about a month to arrive and I had, indeed, to pay some import taxes, but not as exorbitantly as this time, nor to Landmark Global. It seems as though Nasty Galś policy and service has changed in the last year, for the worse.

anonymousa38
5/29/15

I have been a loyal NastyGal customer for about 4 years now. The customer service has never been great but in the past year it seems that as they grow bigger their customer service is of their least of their concern. It seems to me and from other reviews I have read on here that Nastygal’s quality control is at a low point. I ordered a pair of Jeffrey Campbell beige leather booties. When I opened them in the box it was clear that the shoes had been worn. There was a large stain on the front of the shoe and a number of noticeable scuffs everywhere. It looks to me as if someone had spilled something on the shoe and a girl in shipping decided to clean the stain with a chemical and it looked “good enough” to send to a customer as new. Naturally I contacted their customer service live chat (which is the biggest waste of time – but that is another story) and was re-directed to their email service with no information whatsoever. I received back from Jennifer D “Hello,
Thank you for getting back to us. I have issued you a return label so you can return the item and be refunded. Please note the label will work for UPS only.
Please let us know if we can assist you further.
Jennifer D. “
Where is the apology for their mistake?
Where is the offer to what other options I have?
Offering me store credit?
Offering me to send a new one in the same size?
No where.

Now it is up to me to take my time to PRINT the label, PACK the items, DRIVE to ups to ship the item back because of NASTYGAL’S mistake for sending a defective item. Then WAIT for my refund (which took 15+ business days last time, which by reading the previous reviews, I am considered “lucky” to have even gotten it back.)

Additionally, during our conversation through email it sounded like a robot because she would have the same opening welcome line and same ending line. I had to ask questions repeatedly for her to answer since she would not answer them the first and second time.

The clothes are cool and trendy but it seems as if the customer service representatives think that having helpful considerate customer service is not. I guess it’s not “cool” or “trendy” to apologize for a mistake at this company. Bottom line: I do NOT and will not recommend buying from NastyGal. You may not have an issue with them now like I did in the past, but sooner or later you will if you continue to shop there. To me, the items are not worth the stress and dealing with their terrible customer service. Sending the shoes back will mean they will try to rip off some other customer by sending it to them trying to pass it as “new.”

Tip for consumers: DONT BUY IF YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE DAMAGED ITEMS SENT TO YOU THEN HAVE NO OPTIONS BUT TO SEND IT BACK AND RECEIVE YOUR REFUND IN A MONTH OR MAYBE NOT EVEN AT ALL

sidrahh
5/28/15

I ordered a dress which looked really pretty online. A very simple maxi lace dress but when it arrived it was an extremely cheap lace and being 5'3 it didn't mention anything about length online so I thought if it was long it could be tailored but it was short on me too so god forbid anyone to be taller than me lol! Anyway wouldn't recommend anyone buying things from this website unless you don't mind cheap material.

shag5
5/27/15

I don't get it! I read the reviews after I bought the clothes and I was really worried that I got scammed... But actually they sent me 3 confirmation e mails and I received my order within a few days ( I'm in uk) the clothes were nice.. Not the best material but then again they were very cheap! If I wanted top material I would have spent more n gone to Armani! Anyway one of the orders was wrong ( I ordered 5 pcs)I wrote to their customer service and they replied immediately advising they will deal with my query within 24 hours.. Hopefully they will! I will update u.. Overall happy with the clothes and with the customer service' oils it be that by paying with paypal they behave differently as they don't want to deal with paypal if they don't deliver! I don't know but honestly I would order from them again!!

alexs236
5/26/15

I was immediately drawn to NastyGal about 2-3 years ago when I stumbled onto their site through an ad on another site I was browsing. Their clothes were so my style, I just absolutely adored all of their pieces and I slowly began purchasing. Usually, I've had no problems with them other than the fact that their merchandise is ridiculously overpriced, even their accessories are just way to expensive, but I figured "Hey, decent quality so it's worth it!" Wrong.

I purchased a pair of platform sandals and they were pretty pricey, about $60 and I had them for about a month when one of the shoes' straps completely snapped off one day when I was wearing them. When I was looking at the shoe, I was actually appalled at how cheaply they had been made, it literally looked like the straps were glued in and they were plastic feeling. It was too late to return them and I had to actually glue it back to make it stick and it just wouldn't, so I ended up having to just throw the shoes away. I haven't purchased anything from them since. Such a shame.

jessicaw54
5/19/15

Bought 2 Fedora hats nowhere in the copy was mentioned hats were not returnable . On the hats themselves it states Do Not Remove Tags if you want item returned. Are you kidding me. Called NastyGals. Sorry, can't do anything. it our policy. $150.00 lost.

izzyj
5/15/15

Recently I bought a pair of Jeffrey Campbell shoes from Nastgal online without reading any of the sites reviews... stupid me. Anyway it's a few weeks later and they still haven't arrived. According to the tracking information from Nastygal's website, my shoes arrived in the UK from American a couple of days ago. However when I just checked the UPS tracking site they said that my shoes were actually in Düsseldorf, Germany. What? I don't know whether this is something really bad such as nastygal saying they sent the shoes from America, just so I'd pay extra shipping taxes and fees. Or whether they were sent to Germany instead of the UK. Either way, the information they have given me is completely wrong and I will never shop from there again. Oh and to top it all off, the amount of tax I pay is going to be ridiculous. I wish that they had clearly specified that i would have to pay extra tax and fees whilst I was ordering my product. Steer clear from this business.

laurens122
5/1/15

I've attached an email correspondence below with how they would like to handle a dress I received that's damaged. My problem is I received this dress in the mail with a clear black stain on the back. I sent a nice email asking them to overnight me a new dress and of course if send the damaged one back. The response I received, was not customer service. They told me to ship the dress back by going to a UPS store and purchase another one online. The problem is, I've already purchased the dress I wanted and you sent me something damaged. Your asking me to drive out of my way to ship the dress back and not offering any convenience for me, the customer. It's my first time ordering from this website and with this lack of customer service it will be hard to do so again.

MAY 02, 2015 | 08:56PM EDT
Hello Lauren,

Thank you for contacting Nasty Gal regarding your order #016449032.

We truly apologize that an item you received in your order was less than perfect.
I am happy to issue you a UPS prepaid return label to return the Aphrodite Crepe Maxi Dress.
This will be electronically sent by UPS to your email address laurenashleystewart@gmail.com.
Simply, print the return label and tape it to the top of your box containing the defective item.
Please fill out the bottom half of the return form attached to this email and specify that you received a DEFECTIVE ITEM.
You can then take the package to your local UPS location. They will take it from there.

Once we receive and process your return, you will receive an email confirmation.
At that time, you will be issued a refund back to your original form of payment.
Additionally, your original shipping fee of $5.00 has now been refunded.
Please note: All refund transactions may take up to five business days to post to your account
(depending on your financial institution).

If possible, could you please provide us with a picture of the defective item so that we can submit this information to our quality assurance department?
We would like to perform a quality check on the remaining inventory to ensure that no other defective items are purchased.
The picture can be submitted to hello@shopnastygal.com. Please include your order number in the subject line of your email.

Unfortunately, we are not able to replace the item, you will have to reorder the dress. We do not offer overnight shipping for Saturday deliveries. I am really sorry!

I certainly understand how frustrating this is, and we truly apologize!
Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this matter, or if I can help you with anything else.

Thank you for being a part of Nasty Gal!
Have a great day~

> Date: May 1, 2015 at 7:52:06 PM EDT
> To: Nasty Gal <email@e-nastygal.com>
> Subject: Order 016449032 damaged
> Good evening,
> I just received the dress I ordered and it has something black on the back. Can you overnight me another one? I'm going out of town and was planning this as a big outfit. Pictures below.
> Thanks,
> Lauren
> Sent from my iPhone

For your reference this is Case #: 783971
Support powered by Assistly
[[161505f9b2bd982ed7b1f61708a3a71590729501-433007803]]

aliciah8
4/29/15

I've ordered from Nastygal twice now. I live in New Zealand so I've been careful with what I buy from them. The first time around I bought a dress and some jeans - the dress looked a lot different to the way it looked on the picture, and I didn't like it very much. The jeans were a weird cut, ran two sizes smaller than the size they were supposed to be but were otherwise ok-looking. I just ordered two cardigans and a pair of leggings which didn't take too long to arrive. None of them are made from particularly great quality material but are wearable. One of the cardigans is made with black and white pulled wool and has two big holes in the shoulders, and unevenly pulled wool. The leggings are ok but have an especially scratchy label tag seen into them - I can't really get rid of the tag without making it worse.
It would be great if I could return the faulty item, but we had such an awful time trying to return the last things I got that I dont know if I want to bother.
Sorry NG - your clothes are pretty to look at online but I think I'll pass next time :(

Edit: Also, you silly geese - it is NOT Nastygal's 'hidden charges' catching you out at customs! You should be aware of your own country's import taxes! It's not their responsibility, and they're not the ones charging you. That's not a scam, you can't just import hundreds of dollars' worth of goods willy-nilly and expect not to get a slap on the hand for it.

ashleym87
4/23/15

I had a little issue with my package. However, I gave customer care a call and they went ABOVE AND BEYOND to resolve my issue. Of course, I'm still a little upset that my dress was defective. But, at least the customer care representatives cared enough to try and solve my issue. I'm so sad to see all these negative comments.

My advise, give them a call!!!!

emp37
4/17/15

Honestly, spare yourself the heartache!! I returned my order 4 months ago and still have not received my money back. I just contacted them like a minute ago to ASKKK for MY money back!!!! are they f-ing delirious?! The quality of the clothing is a disgrace. So that was my first and last order ever at nasty gal!

traceyw13
4/14/15

Have waited 5 weeks for a pair of glasses I. Could have bought in top shop for half the price - when they finally arrive I am asked to pay a further €22 !!! Why I ask , because of extra shipping fees - I refused to accept the package and contacted them immediately to be told - it's nothing to do with us , your government are charging that on import duties !!! Really , but the parcel arrived from Düsseldorf in Germany I said , and last time I checked that was part of the EU so no duties apply ! Lying bunch of scammers - I contacted UPL who confirmed that the extra money was requested by 'Nasty gal' ( should of taken heed of the name ) and had nothing to do with govt duties since they did not apply from goods shipped from Germany !
This website is targeted at young teenage girls , who probably don't have a great deal of disposable income , I think it is disgusting that web sites that make a habit of this kind of behaviour go unchallenged by any governing bodies - if I had read some of the previous comments on this site I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole - I will make it my mission to let as many people as possible know how rubbish this company are to deal with and hope fully stop others from being defrauded by their antics .

steveb115
4/9/15

Here is a transcript of my conversation with nastygal advisor "jennifer"
-------------------------------------------------
One sec, we're connecting you to a Nasty Gal agent.
You are now chatting with 'Jennifer D.'
steve b: hello
Jennifer D.: Hi! Thank you for contacting Nasty Gal! My name is Jennifer D.. How may I help you?
Jennifer D.: May I have your order number please?
steve b: xxxxxxxxxx
steve b: or xxxxxxxxxxx
Jennifer D.: How may I help you?
steve b: I paid for the shipping, however, when the item was delivered, the man from ups said I had to pay an extra 30 pounds sterling
Jennifer D.: It looks like you were asked to pay a COD for taxes charged by your Government. This was not for shiping
Jennifer D.: We do not charge tax on international orders but your Government can when it arrives
Jennifer D.: This tax does not go to us but your Government.
steve b: this was not made clear at the time I purchased the item
steve b: why was that?
Jennifer D.: There is as customs notification in check out.
Jennifer D.: It states: Customs policies vary from country to country. All applicable customs fees,taxes and duties are the responsibility of the customer.
Jennifer D.: It is also listed on our International Shipping Page
steve b: This is totally disgraceful
Jennifer D.: Since we do not charge or collect these fees we have no control over them
steve b: And extremely misleading
steve b: I have bought things from China and the United States before without this
Jennifer D.: If you would like I can look up your Government's Customs office contact information as they are the ones that have charged you not Nasty Gal
Jennifer D.: I am so sorry. To find out why they charged your this time you would contact them directly
Jennifer D.: Would you like their contact information?
steve b: You should have made this clear - I am a consumer, I am not a business, people buying clothes from websites believe they are paying their final amount
Jennifer D.: It is on the site and in check out
steve b: Just like airlines do not ask you to pay airport tax when you are boarding - they factor it into the overall price
Jennifer D.: You would not have been able to place your order with out acknowledging the customs notification
Jennifer D.: I am so sorry would you like your Customs Office Contact information?
steve b: I am going to find every fashion blog I can find where your stuff is advertized and point out to their readers what scamming bastards you are
Jennifer D.: Nasty Gal does not accept that sort of language. This chat service is used for assisting customers on the site. I will have to end the chat now.

katier8
4/3/15

If I could give them zero stars I would

I ordered a crop top from them three weeks ago. I checked online for the status of the delivery which stated it was delivered to my apartment when I was home. I never received a package and so I reported a "missing package" at UPS. They told me that it takes 8 business days for them to "investigate". I then called Nasty Gal and told them that I never received a package from them and they assured me that it takes 8 business days and they will call afterwards. That was it. 11 days go by, no response. So once again I took it into my own hands and called Nasty Gal again. They reported that UPS said it was delivered and now there is nothing they can do about it. ARE YOU SERIOUS? IS THIS A JOKE? You're telling me that I just paid $50 to your horrible company for nothing? They scam you.

The shirt probably cost them $5 to make and you can't replace it? You have got to be kidding. Horrible service. Not worth it all at. And with that, I will never shop here again and I will defer everyone I know from shopping with this company.

Nasty Gal, you are certainly nasty.

preetik
4/3/15

For the price, I would expect superb quality from Nastygal. However, the items are simply OK and did not exceed/meet the expectations I had for them.

laurag48
3/28/15

Their clothes are poorly constructed out of cheap cloth. Obvious knock off of pictures I was very upset with my $600 order and just threw it all in the trash. Pure crap

milahm
3/17/15

So I saw this dress on their sale section that was 60% and BEAUTIFUL. It was so simple, and every time I would go to select my size, it would tell me that there were some in stock, so I put it into my bag.

**A HELPFUL TIP TO SHOPPERS: Sometimes your browser doesn't update with the website, and not everything that says its in stock is. Go to the 'live chat' button on the right, and specifically ask the person helping you, if that particular item is in stock and they will tell you. Don't pay for something if it's not gonna ship to you!**

After going back every time the website restocked, I finally got it in my size. The shipping is very fast, and I was impressed. I was told to go pick it up at the post office, with a $15 extra fee. Now, that may not seem like a lot but then again I only ordered the one item at around $34 CAD. If it were any larger of a sum, I'm sure I would have owed more. Although, the dress is absolutely beautiful and looks exactly like the picture and it fits amazingly, so it was well worth the money. But I am not so impressed with the paying of extra fees, which I had originally anticipated after reading some of these reviews. Just beware when you're spending A LOT on that site!

sunshineb3
3/16/15

I ordered a dress a month ago and they didn't notify me about the dress not being in stock. So I practically waited a month thinking I was going to get a dress until I emailed them and they told me it would not be in stock for another week. This is very unprofessional for a website not to tell you that you spent money on something that is not there.
Do not buy anything from this site.

oyindamolab1
3/16/15

My firend had ordered from this site and they claimed they had sent it on the site even provided a tracking number . meanwhile my friend could not track it cause most of the time when she would put the numbers to the tracking number it would say not found until days after when it showed delivered and she was yet to receive any package. she called them, and they claimed that she should have received the package and they dont know how they could help. she also called the shipping service and they said they had not received the package at all and so my friend had to make sure she had made this clear to them before they finally decided to send her another package. After she had received this package the dress was not the same way it looked in the picture, it was more of a different color with a poor tailoring.

Tip for consumers: you may use the site, it is fairly okay

claires29
3/15/15

I placed an order for over $200 to Canada on the website, which states that shipping is free for orders over $150. However, the package wasn't even delivered to my house. I just received a tag that said I had to go to the post office to retrieve it, and I would have to pay $80 that would be sent back to the sender (Nasty Gal). Why advertise free shipping when I'm going to have to unexpectedly pay $80? I have friends who have ordered from Nasty Gal and never had this issue. I am outraged and will never order from Nasty Gal again.

shirau
3/14/15

Speedy shipping and nice clothes I really don't get all the hate they're getting here. My order was shipped internationally to is real if that makes a difference...

danij5
3/9/15

Don't order from NastyGal if you live in Canada. $10 shipping is fine, but it works out to way more because they use some company called Landmark that will tack on exorbitant fees. If NastyGal just used US Postal service and Canada Post, one would pay the taxes and nothing more. I owed around $15 for taxes. But was forced to pay over $50 to get my order from the post office. NastyGal should know who they are dealing with and how Landmark operates. A little disclaimer at the bottom that the customer might have to pay duty/import fees does not excuse them or absolve them--the retailer needs to have more transparency for customers. I won't be ordering from this retailer again, and I hope no other Canadian customer gets screwed over.

sarahg59
2/26/15

Nasty Gal claims to have free international shipping when you spend over $150.
I was required to pay this at Canada Post upon pick up.
I called Nasty Gal customer service for a breakdown of this cost and they said it is LANDMARKGLOBAL who charge this additional fee as they are the courrier.

I was told that there is a pop up at check out on the Nasty Gal website that says the total does not include courrier fees in your country.
The woman I spoke to at NG is sending me a list of the charges once shes gets it from Landmark Global.

I have tried to contact Landmark Global on the number listed on my package - It is out of service.
I did Canada 411 to get their local number - I keep getting their voicemail and am receiving no reply.
I have just emailed them at internationalsolutions@landmarkglobal.com which the woman at NG gave me.

All of this takes away from what GREAT quality the NG clothes were that I ordered.
They fit true to size and are excellent quality.
But for an order of 4 items at a total cost of $428 CAD (Over $100 per item!?!?!?) I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM NASTY GAL AGAIN!

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!

am3977
2/23/15

I placed an order and noticed that the quantity was off. I called them less than 10 minutes later and the representative said that she will cancel my order. I got an updated e-mail stating that my order was canceled. BUT there was still a charge on my credit card.

A week later, I got a package from them. I tried to print a return label online but it states that I have already returned the items. I complained to the company and they issued me a return label.

So it's been one month and I have not received my money back. STAY AWAY!

takeyhat
2/18/15

I want my money back I spent 600$ worth of things so I can send the items back to Afrika and these beeches didn't send me anything !!!! What de heck mon ! The shipping is crazy .

jennag3
2/14/15

I hate Nasty Gal. I ordered $100 dollar dress and found the SAME exact dress on Divergence Clothing for $45. Buyers beware.... For an alternative to Nasty Gal try Divergenceclothing.com. They carry lots of the same brands and have great customer service and fair prices.

michellez6
2/14/15

This website is very unprofessional. I should have taken into consideration the previous reviews I read. I recently order a cream pullover shirt on the website. I bought it specifically for a performance this weekend. I ordered this top on February 2 and the standard shipping was 5-7 days giving me plenty of time for it to get here for the event. Surprisingly, on monday, February 9th, they sent me an email with an update for my order. BUT! To my surprise it was canceled. I did not receive any explanation to why it was canceled or did I receive an apology for my cancellation. This piece of clothing was for a large event this weekend, and luckily I ended up purchasing another top from a different company. I will never order from this site again.

alexc78
2/12/15

my order of a faux fur scarf came 32 days after my order was placed even though it states that standard delivery to ireland takes 1-2 weeks.i payed 14 euros for the shipping on the website, then the delivery man said im supposed to pay 23 euros for customs and vat right then and there before i receive my package ... this is outrageous i was never told about this and i never had to do this for previous orders ... when i asked the nasty gal representative on the live chat on their website i constantly received generic answers right out of a book ....so in total including the shipping i had already paid for i was expected by them to pay 76 euros to receive the faux fur scarf ... i was outraged and after over an hour of trying to sort this out all i was told to do was refuse the item and i would get my money back ... the item cost 40 euros and yet they wanted me to pay 35 euros to receive it without making me aware of this at the checkout.there were no apologies and i was just continuously told i was in the wrong because it was at the bottom of some random page on the website even though their company did not inform me of these charges at the checkout .. and the rep told me that this problem had been happening to other customers also since they changed delivery companies ( the reason for these new charges ) i will never buy from this misleading and untrustworthy brand again. They clearly do not value customer satisfaction or customer convenience , now after over a month of waiting and looking forward to receiving my item i will not receive it and they also refused to give me any voucher or future discount for the inconvenience .. dont buy from Nasty Gal its clearly unsafe and they don't know how to manage their website to make it even remotely clear and safe for customers. make sure to warn your friends !!

Tip for consumers: dont use this website you will either be left with less money than you intended on paying or even getting back after returning which generally doesn't give back the'' initial''shipping cost . i do not recommend this website at all especially for people buying outside of america!

starb5
2/11/15

Well im from the UK and the whole shipping experience was absolutely shocking and disappointing to say the least. First off all, Nasty Gal's online location status of the item tells an absolute lie, as It was telling me my dress had arrived in the UK, 4 days after purchase. Yet, UPS had no recollection of the dress even leaving the US Warehouse. Later on, I found out my dress was taken to their warehouse hub in Germany? and THEN to England after 9 days.

Secondly, although Nasty Gal claims that theres 'free shipping' for purchases over $150 (my dress being £270) they do not clearly state the amount in which you'll be taxed due to shipping - which will amount to more than their 'shipping cost'. I then found out my C.O.D was £90 altogether which is just beyond me.

After this experience, I will never be shopping from this unreliable outlet again, I am yet still awaiting to receive my dress which I somewhat hope will make up for their appalling services.

hellog1
2/11/15

NEVER AGAIN
NASTY GAL IS A TOTAL SCAM
I've purchased from them before, got a dress last year and everything was fine. The shipping took a while but it was ok. Well, in January I saw that the sale was on so I decided to treat myself to a few things (order came to about 60 euros) took again about two or three weeks to arrive, clothes are OK, but when the parcel arrived I was expected to pay 27 euros more because of COD whatever! Utter rubbish. Just went on the live chat to complain and the agent told me that it says this in their FAQ and when purchasing, but they should make it much clearer, especially when they advertise 10 euro shipping.
So disappointed I don't even want to wear the clothes
Pure garbage, don't buy from them

Tip for consumers: Only use this webside if you live in the USA

annv3
2/10/15

Too bad there's not a no-star rating. One is too high. I ordered a dress that didn't come 18 days before leaving the country. I called and they were like yeah that's normal. I figured OK I'll wear it to a wedding after I return home. But it never even arrived. I called and they said they couldn't find it in the system, they had no idea what happened to it. Really? She was like oh well. I did get my money back which is more than some here. How do these people get by? The terrible reviews are a huge symptom of various problems.

guyanar
2/7/15

I ordered from this site because pictures posted were gorgeous dresses for amazing price, they excepted pay pal, so I thought all was well... Until I received half of the order.. Items were made from thin T-shirt material, unevenly sawed with sleeves that are uneven. Some items are so tight that you can not even put them on. The use of size did not help, since chart is incorrect. If you do not have money to waste do not order from this company that is located in China.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this company

maa93
2/6/15

What a horrible website, I've ordered handbag that was on sale, payed the shipping cost just to find out that I have to pay 19 euros on the pick up as some sort of tax ( bare in mind that's exactly what I have payed for the handbag itself!) and checking the UPS tracking history the package was sent from German hub... Since when we pay tax on goods inebetween Germany and the UK ? Horrible horrible scam website! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM !

jayb66
2/6/15

Ordered a bunch of clothes from this site on a Monday afternoon for a trip I was going on the following Monday. I opted for the UK "Express" delivery which supposedly takes 2-3 business days. I assumed the company had a warehouse/stockist in the UK as I didn't think it was possible to ship from the States that quickly. The shipping came to £16.95 or something silly but easily forgivable considering how little my actual order cost because of the sales. They sent me a confirmation e-mail stating I'd receive another e-mail shortly to confirm my order had been shipped. It had got to Wednesday and I had still hadn't received the confirmation of shipping e-mail, so I tweeted @ them to which I got no reply. Sent another tweet - a few hours later they followed and DM'ed me asking for my order number so they could look into it. Sent it to them and they replied a few hours later to say their customer service department would be e-mailing me shortly. I received an e-mail a few minutes later saying orders take a few business days to process before they ship and my order would be shipped shortly. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to online clothes shopping but I do know that most if not all e-boutiques don't require days for their orders to process before shipping, especially considering I'd ordered from another 2 e-boutiques the same day as I'd ordered from NastyGal and I'd received my confirmation of shipping e-mail a few hours later and received my order the next day or the day after that. I also assumed the "2-3 business days" delivery meant my order would reach me within 2-3 days of me placing it - it says nothing on the website about the company needing a few days to process the order before shipping out. Not off to a good start but I still had 5 or so days before I'd have to leave so I waited for my shipping e-mail with baited breath. My friend who ordered from NastyGal using the standard 4-7 day shipping method the same day as I'd ordered mine received an e-mail the day I'd been e-mailed by customer service to say her order had been shipped. Meanwhile I had still received NOTHING; I checked my junk mail and everything in case it'd been sent to a different folder. I replied to the e-mail the following day to ask if my order had been shipped to which I have still received no reply. I then get a call from my dad (I get all of my mail sent to my dads because I work shifts so I'm not always in to get my own mail) to say a parcel had been delivered from the states and the postman said he'd have to pay an extra £12.45 for customs. Nothing was stated on the NastyGal website about an extra charge for customs. I assumed that if my order was to be shipping from the States that the horrendous £16.95 delivery charge would include all charges incurred. My dad didn't have the cash on him there and then to pay for it so the postman said he would reattempt to deliver the parcel...on Monday. When I have to leave extremely early for my trip. UPS left no information about the parcel or the depot it would be at so it's not as if I can go and collect it. I have also still not received a confirmation of shipping e-mail from NastyGal so I have no tracking number whatsoever so it's not as if I can call UPS and ask them to find out which depot it's at. I just hope the clothes are worth it if and when I finally receive them. Regardless, I won't be ordering from NastyGal ever again. I will be making a formal complaint and I just hope they will at least reimburse me in some shape or form; ideally by reimbursing me the £16.95 charge for delivery!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them, simple!

leighp13
2/5/15

I ordered a pair of shoes online with the status staying it was "preparing to ship" for a week. Just to find out that the order was cancelled because "by the time they got to my order my size was out of stock" however when I called the day before, they told me it was boxed and ready to ship by 4pm. They cancelled the order without notification or ANYthing!! They didn't give me anything for it either. Horrible communication and customer service.

alexandraz2
2/4/15

Nasty Gal's customer service is... well, even their name says it. NASTY, PLAIN NASTY.

I needed my order to be shipped to a different address because I moved out of that apartment and they couldn't change my address because the order was too far in process. I wanted to cancel my order because I hate $#*!ty customer service, I couldn't either because my order was too far in process... My order hasn't even been shipped out yet and I placed it 4 days ago. I am super mad and I'm not going to order from this company again. They might have cool stuff and everything, but I can find it somewhere else. NASTY GAL SUCKS... Oh, and Sophia A. swears by her customer service. Girl... PLEASE.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM NASTY GAL

av583
2/4/15

Their items are horrible quality, I think that much is known. The products that they sell that are from other designers are the only ones anyone should ever consider purchasing. I've attempted shopping with them over the past 4 years for a total of about 4 or 5 times, I keep thinking that this time will be different but I'm wrong every time. In my most recent experience I bought three items, all of which stated nothing about being non-returnable. I received them, they didn't fit, and I proceeded to try and return them. Lo and behold, they're not returnable. I'm a seasoned online shopper and every other f****** retailer explicitly states somewhere either on the product or checkout page that the items you are purchasing are NOT eligible for return. Nasty Gal knowingly deceives customers by having a "Returns" section on their product pages that says "returns are easy," but doesn't note anything about the actual return policy for that item. What a dishonest company. They're a scam. Be sure to read that policy and maybe even confirm with them on the phone or by email that they are returnable/not returnable. I will never shop at this store again.

Tip for consumers: Read the return policy.

charinam
2/3/15

The dresses that I received were not bad quality. The only problem I had was one of the dresses was missing. When I contacted them I get no reply. Its too bad too because the business I run is adult entertainment & these girls pay it's as much for the same products. I stopped every girl in my club from making those orders & I manage @ least 60 girls. Their loss for being so damn greedy.

jenni1382
2/3/15

A warning to any purchaser out there. If you're going to order an item that says "low inventory" be prepared that they may not send it to you because it's supposedly "out of stock". ( I live in te U.S)

I was very disappointed in them. I ordered an eyeliner and the “ over it overalls ” in a XS which were on sale for 33$. I waited 3 days for them to confirm the payment; when they did, I saw they only sent the eyeliner.

Though, the overalls were stocked on XS and S the very next day I ordered them, they STILL didn't sent it. I'm very furious about this bullcrap.

I will be calling today.

saimam
1/30/15

would not rate this company at all I live in the uk and was not advised of UPS demanding me COD the actual price of item at my door- poor quality clothes - can buy them at Wall mart poor customer service TRUST ME IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE USA DONT BUY FROM THEM i cannot stress enough no information at all on extra HIDDEN charges

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE US POOR QUALITY CLOTHES POOR SERVICE ITEM CHEAP RIP OFF OF KIM KARDASHIAN COLLECTION!!!! HIDDEN CHARGES ARE NOT DISCLOSED

skylerk
1/29/15

ugh, Nasty Gal... I love their clothes and think they are high quality, for what you get. All the clothes I have ordered have been nicely made with sturdy material. I mostly only buy the more covering clothes, so I can't speak to the quality of their revealing club clothes.

My big problem is that they keep f**king up the shoes they send me. First, they sent me sandals they KNEW were broken. The box came with a sheet, signed by someone at the warehouse, saying the buckle on the right shoes was broken. WTF I didn't order these shoes knowing they were broken, and I sure as hell didn't get a discount for them being broken.

Second pair I ordered, they sent me the wrong size. No, it wasn't that the shoes were my right size and that the style of shoe didn't fit, they sent me half a size too small. WTF?? I really liked the shoes too!

Their returns take so long, and they will only refund you store credit for shipping costs, even if you're returning the item because they f**ked up, like in both my returns situations.

Tip for consumers: Their customer service live chat is really good. Despite Nasty Gal sending me broken and incorrect items, the sales associates have always been nice and helped me fix the issue.

charlesr32
1/22/15

U STOLED MY DEBT CARD NUMBER ! I have never been on this site b4 , my bank statement show a fraud from ur company , wow thanks a lot ! I WANT MY $$ BACK LOW LIFE S.O.Bs....Do nt order anything from this company !

kirstym5
1/19/15

Really unhappy! Absolutly love all the clothes, so decided to treat myself.. I live in the uk and didn't want to spend a crazy amount, but I saw it said free shopping for purchases over 150 pounds, so I thought that was a good deal, so I increased my purchases in order for that as it would 'in theory' work out better. 10 days later, 3 days later then it was meant to come, it arrives and I'm charged 70 pounds for duty. Not only is that a ridiculous amount for a few items of clothing, I ended up having to pay more because I bought more to get the free shopping! An absolutle scam and cheek, not written anywhere! Completely putting me off shopping there now as you can't be told free shipping and get charged half of what you bought for shipping. Very angry. Something needs I be done about this, as nasty gal has lost an 'initially' big fab of the brand! (And I'm not someone who usually write reviews or complains, but I am fuming!)

janist1
1/16/15

This site is a complete waste of time. After placing an order, I was delighted to see that processing would only take 1-2 days, and then my items would be on their way! Ah, but alas it is 7 days later and this order has yet to ship. Contacted a Nasty Gal representative and she said that my order would be shipped out later that day. To my surprise (not really), the order had not shipped out and I contacted Nasty Gal yet again. This time the rep told me that due to a switch in systems they have no contact with the warehouse and have no idea when my order will ship! The rep continued to tell me that there was a "clear notice of a delay" in the checkout. While still talking to the rep I added something to my cart and took it all the way to place my order, and there was no notice to be found. I promptly asked where I could find the notice, in which she told my, very conveniently, that it had been taken down. So now there is not foreseeable resolution to my situation, I just have to sit here and wait. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NASTY GAL!

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can you all please tell me where you live? I see bad reviews and I live in Ohio and I dont want to go through the same thing.
2/10/13
Answer
jacquelinec5
A: If you do order from them, make sure you use Priority Mail or your own FEDEX to return the items. I purchased a few items from them and returned them because the quality and fit were poor.
Nasty Gal claimed they never received them. After much back and forth, the matter was never resolved and I was just out of some money. If you do order from Nasty Gal, make sure you get a tracking number and stay on tops of things so the same thing doesn't happen to you.
4/11/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Has anyone else been sent items that Nasty Gal knew were broken? I order a pair of sandals, and inside the shoe box was a warehouse signed slip indicating that the buckle on the right shoe was broken. Seems so weird! Wondering if anyone else had the same problem or if it was a fluke. The customer service rep seemed like she had never heard of it happening before.
1/29/15
Answer
ashleym87
A: OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.
4/23/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for NastyGal

No coupon code needed
Shop now at NastyGal to save!
Go to NastyGal