US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

elouisem

I contacted their customer service team and I gave them all of my orders that had a damaged piece in it. (in 38 reviews)

gabic

A way around this is to request store credit, and no money is deducted from the return. (in 12 reviews)

rm35

I would order from here again, but only if I saw something I could not live without. (in 107 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jf48
12/16/14

Okay, so I just got home from holiday, and decided to treat myself to a mini shopping spree on Nasty Gal. I've purchased before and not had any problems with my packages coming to the door with little to no extra fees. BUT NOW (I forgot to mention, I'm in Canada) I've just got a shipping confirmation, and an email from Landmark Global via Nasty Gal saying:
"
Please remit your duties and taxes for your Nasty Gal order

You can pay the applicable duties, taxes, and COD fees that your government collects for shipments from the US here using the payment portal of our logistics partner Landmark Global.

Once you have completed the online payment for these fees, your order will be on the way to your doorstep. By completing this payment online you will get your package faster, and there is no need for you to be present at the time of delivery. Additionally, the COD fee will be much lower!"

It's still nearly $50 on an order for $150.00!! EXTRA!?!? Has anyone done this through Landmark in advance - did you save any money?
Would love some help! REally disappointed in this new scam their doing. The must have changed couriers.

RIP OFF.

suzieq3
12/15/14

What a bunch of whining, entitled cheapskate IDIOTS you all are! You want INSTANT international delivery for FREE on everything, you blame the company for the customs charges you pay to your government as if the store has ANYTHING to do with it, and you expect HIGH QUALITY clothing for dirt cheap from a store that specializes in mass produced junk made in sweatshops. All a bunch of freaking IDIOTS!! If you want quality, don't support this kind of a bullsh** store. Don't buy disposable clothing...be willing to pay a FAIR price for better quality from better stores!

harrieta3
12/10/14

I found out about NastyGal from a girl I followed on Instagram. Occasionally she would post a picture of herself in the clothing from there. I found the website and immediately fell in love. The styles are absolutely astounding(online). Finally, I got my own debit card and was able to purchase something from there. Instead of being conservative and trying something cheap, I ordered what was supposed to be a very nice plaid, see-through, floor-length "t-shirt". I was excited when it came in and tried it on without examining properly. However, when I did look down, I noticed that it was ripped halfway down horribly. I am excellent at sewing, but that is beyond the point. I shouldn't have to stitch new clothes back together. It's ridiculous. I figured it was a fluke, so the other day I ordered a cheap skirt from the sales menu. It came in, and once again I was extremely disgusted and disappointed. It was also ripped around the elastic. Not only that, but it was made of an awful material that felt almost like a diaper. I've learned my lesson and will never shop there again.

serenaf2
12/9/14

The service of this company is absolutely rubbish. I paid for my order 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, when they announce on their site that it will arrive to UK in 4-7 working days. And I asked costumer care the only thing that they do is to refer you to the tracking history, they are useless. Does anyone know if I have any right for not having received my order yet? Thanks

cassandrak3
12/9/14

Worst quality of clothes ever. I cannot believe they charge such prices for such clearly forsaken items. 1$00usd for a single piece of chiffon printed dress (no inner lining, inner collar was left unsewn, ill-fitting etc) is just absurd. First time I felt cheated of my online purchase. First and last time I am shopping with Nastygal. Really disappointing. I sent it back with the reason that the quality did not meet my expectations but have yet to hear from them about it after 2 weeks. Checked with customer relations but all I got was that till they have processed it, customer relations cannot attend to my order. WHAT? So what is your customer relations unit for? To inform your customers that they cannot do anything about it? Thanks, but no thanks. Please focus more on the quality of your items rather than your branding and image Nastygal.

Tip for consumers: don't shop here.

janeth30
12/8/14

I started shopping at Nasty Gal in 2011/2012 and used to shop there religiously. However, I've noticed their service has gotten progressively worse. They used to do free shipping for orders $50 or more, now it's $75 (such a strange number, and always hard to add up to get that!). Their return/exchange service also changed -- used to be no questions asked and get refund on your card you used. Now you only get store credit if you want shipping waived... How irritating. Even worse, I got a defective dress (stitching was uneven) in the mail today so I contacted them for an exchange. I think they make it a hassle now so customers wouldn't bother returning items. In this case, they told me they'll let me return it with shipping waived; HOWEVER, because I got the dress on sale, they're telling me to purchase it at FULL price and I'll get "refunded" with store credit. Yeah, right. It's a total ploy to get customers to spend more money. In the past, if I wanted an exchange on an item that was on sale, they'd honor it in a heartbeat. I totally DO NOT trust them. Another example in the past, in 2012: I got shoes that were damaged from the rain en route to my house and they happily allowed me to return it -- full refund, and shipping waived.
And get this -- with the recent dress defect, they're asking me to take a picture and email it to them to "make sure the other dresses in the same style are not defected." Um... isn't that what quality control employees are for? Shouldn't you send someone at the warehouse to check the dresses, not a customer? It's like if you're shopping at a store in the mall and noticed a dress you bought is defected and then the sales associate tells you to go to the rack where you got the dress and check if the other dresses are okay. (and just the record, I did describe what was wrong with the dress through text to the Nasty Gal agent) It just doesn't make sense for me to do all this extra work for a simple refund (and now, writing this review).

What happened to your service, Nasty Gal? I'm not surprised I no longer really shop there anymore, when I used to buy something literally every other week. Super disappointed.

I mainly only look out for sales now, because items are definitely overpriced. You can google the item you're looking at and see it cheaper elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: careful. don't buy something that may be questionable in fit - you don't want to deal with returns.

armandm26
12/5/14

Do not order from this site. They do not deliver what it states clearly on the website.
I order some items and requested to be deliver overnight it was a birthday present.
I call costumer service and I was assure that I will get the items next day and surprise.
Nothing happen they told me if was not shipped. They ruin the fact that not only paid for overnight shipping but placed the order before 1pm as clearly stated on their website to be shipped the same day. They lied to me saying it will be arriving the next day.
Stay away from this store. There are other stores that have much better costumer service. Thank you nastygal for ruiniing the surprise to my friend.

barborag
12/2/14

Really very BAD and unpleasant experience. Horrible customer service, I was shocked that nowadays you still can find places who don't value their customers at all. Such a shame as I was so happy and excited when found this website for the first time as they claim to stock some of my favourite brands. Would never recommend to buy anything from them. Check the brand and search of other retailers as most likely you will be dissappointed.

louism34
11/28/14

Well I paid for a blazer which is worth AUD75. The shipping is ok I received the item in time. But, the quality is really poor it looks like something worth $20 nothing more. I returned it and I was patiently waiting for my credit. They confirmed that they have received the returned item already an I was told I should wait for 3-5 business days for the credit. The got those response over and over as I was explaining to each and everyone who gets my email that I have returned it provided the tracking number (several times) and was told several times to wait for the credit 3-5 business days. I was a bit irritated cos the customer agents were not reading the thread that I need to be like a parrot just to get my money! So they said they did returned the money and I called paypal and they can't find anything from this Nasty Store. So they file a claim for me! The next day the Nasty store offered the credit through my dispute on Paypal. Will never buy from this nasty store again!

Tip for consumers: Buy if you are sure to keep the item because they are really NASTY about refund and returns! Overpriced for a cheap quality! Never looked like the photos on their website!

hatties9
11/18/14

This website is highly dubious. I made an order and they emailed me a day later saying that they needed a photo of my credit card and a picture of my ID!I have never been asked for anything like this before when shopping online and it has never been a requirement. They then cancelled my order as I didn't reply within a day. A complete scam.

danielleh13
11/17/14

I ordered a dress for an event and unbeknownst to me, the order was canceled because the dress I ordered was actually not in stock. I emailed costumer service and they apologized in what seemed to be an automated message and thus insincere. I went to the site to add my name to the email list so that I could be informed if it was to be back in stock and there were 2 dresses in my size "available"! Who knows if they actually exist but I found it irksome that my order was canceled when the site says they have my dress in stock. Overall, you may order something that is canceled without any sort of apology on their behalf unless you email them. I would not recommend this site because they clearly lack in costumer service.

rachels42
11/14/14

It was totally different from what I saw through the web page. They put that the width of a bag is 10" but when I measured it, it was 7"

Tip for consumers: Dresses are good, but do not buy the bags

taylory2
11/14/14

I returned a few items that did not fit me. By the way, they run SUPER small and inconsistent. The website says they will refund you within 7 days of receiving your items...it has been close to 20. I tracked my package and they have confirmed that they even received it, but still i have no credit on my card.... I am over this and I want my money back !!

jqe
11/14/14

They have nice merchandise but horrible service I paid extra for express delivery and it did not come express at all it was impossible to reach someone by email or phone to see what was going on. I would not recommend ordering from them!

susieq1
11/12/14

DO NOT BUY!!!! RIP OFF DELIVERY CHARGES!!!!! WEBSITE MISLEADING!!!!
I will not be buying from thiswebsite again and will endevour to make sure that other people from the UK are aware of business pitfalls!!!
My experienec: I was surprised to have to pay £50 to receive my order given that their website states that orders over $150 have free shipping. This offer of free shipping encourages the customer to buy more products than they otherwise might in order to take advantage of this offer. Their website states - charges MAY (yes that is a mght) be incurred by over seas customers. I felt that the way that their website displays this offer is misleading. I suspect that they have many customers from the UK who have fallen foul of these charges. I suggest they make this clearer in future.

Tip for consumers: Please do not buy from this website!!!!

erind19
11/6/14

Bought a dress on line for my daughter. It didn't fit so I returned it the next day. I was told it would take 7-10 days from the time they recieved it to get my refund. Three weeks later and several phone calls later I still have yet to receive my refund. Their customer service is awful at best. I even have the UPS tracking number telling me when the dress got there and their "customer service" rep basically told me "tough luck". Don't shop here.

domp2
11/4/14

Customs and duty fees are disgusting. I ordered a trench coat and a dress which came up to roughly $170. That was already super expensive. I had to pay $70 more for customs and duty charges. It's not worth it if you are outside of the US. The jacket is beautiful, but the dress was such poor quality, and the size was horrendous. Shipping was quick, took 4 days.This website is super over priced, only bought the jacket because it was impossible to find one like it in stores. Only bought the dress to receive free shipping (Free shipping over $150 USD).

roisino
11/2/14

Tip for consumers: I live in Ireland and had to wait over 6 weeks for my order to deliver, I ordered from the US plenty of times and the max I have had to wait is 3 weeks. When my order eventually arrived I was charged over 100 euro in custom fees, an absolute disgrace of a service!!! I cant underrate this site enough and my friend had the exact same experience with the customs charge. Nasty gal should sort this problem out pronto!!!

jelenat
10/31/14

I placed an order from Canada and received an order confirmation. I was excited to get my order to wear to a party that was three weeks away. I chose express shipping to guarantee my order arrives on time. I never received a shipping confirmation, only an order confirmation. My money was refunded, no reason was given. I emailed them several times and received no response. I called them but could not wait it out on hold. I googled around and assumed that they yet again sold something they do not have in stock, and they did not inform the customer of this. I was extremely disappointed because this seemed like a legitimate business - and this behaviour is a scam.

feliciag2
10/28/14

Customer service is down the hole and they have a bad habit of cancelling parts of your order and dispatching it without a word to you. This is the second time something like this has happened and they do absolutely nothing to try remedy the situation nor give you a choice in the matter.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Tip for consumers: Use this sure if you want unreliable service and questionable products.

majellac
10/28/14

My experience with Nasty Gal was HORRIBLE.
First things first, I'm in Australia. Conversion rates and shipping fees were already steep. That being said, I loved this pair of shorts, so I made an order.
First mistake of Nasty Gal - I didnt get a tracking email. I waited for weeks for my order and to no avail, so I eventually contacted the live chat and after speaking to a customer service person (who, to be fair, was actually quite lovely) found out that my package had been delivered to the WRONG STATE! So i thought, okay, maybe you can resend the item to me... nope! out of stock in my size (as it was a sale item)... I eventually (three weeks later) got them to give me a refund.
Time passed, and my friend wanted to do an order so she asked me if there was anything I wanted and we could share shipping rates. I checked my shorts and I thought it was my lucky day! They had come back into stock in my size! I asked her to add them to her order and thought that FINALLY I would have these shorts I had been coveting for the last 2 months.
When they arrived I could not be more excited. But boy, was I disappointed.
The colour and quality was nothing like the photos on the website. They were at least two sizes too small. But the worst thing was a GIANT hole in the crotch when the stitching had come undone. I don't even know why NastyGal even sent the item it was obviously not in new condition.
So my friend had to request a returns form, and to organise for a courier to pick them up to return. Luckily I did not have to pay any return shipping fees.
I am currently STILL waiting for a refund on this item though, despite it being at least a month since I sent it back.
This is appalling and I will NEVER EVER shop with nasty gal again.

Tip for consumers: If youre thinking about it, dont! Most of their things can be found on other websites and it is really just not worth the hassle!!

jamieb44
10/23/14

They have changed their carrier and they now charge extreme custom fees outside the US. My package was shipped to the UK (where I live) only for it to go Germany and come back so they could charge more fees. When I contacted Nasty Gal, they were extremely unhelpful and said that it was clearly listed in the terms and conditions that 'fees may vary by country'. Was a good customer, now will never buy from again!

Tip for consumers: Do not order if you live outside the US. 30% of total cost was charged in customs for my UK order.

hl25
10/13/14

Disgusting prices I got custom charged 22 quid for a stupid necklace which costed me 36 pounds in total and before you all think oh ull get custom charged my item is tiny and doesn't even weigh much so I don't get how the hell they calculated that with the stupid fee. If you live outside of the US don't bother ordering from nastygal I'll stick with asos I wish I read the reviews before ordering

Tip for consumers: Dont order unless u wanna be ripped off

summerm1
10/9/14

Worst online shopping experience ever!!! The dress I ordered was not only expensive, but the quality was crap! Nothing like what was pictured on their website. I don't think they deserve any stars!!

Tip for consumers: Find a different website!

ellenl14
10/5/14

Only after you order earrings you receive and want to return do you find out that you can't return earrings. It says on the order slip that you can't return hair accessories, intimates or body suits. It says nothing about earrings. When you contact them for a return slip, they tell you that it says in a different place on their website that earrings can't be returned. They advertise that returns are easy. Not my experience.

Tip for consumers: Don't order earrings if you aren't sure you will like them.

elouisem
10/2/14

I've been a NastyGal customer for a while now and I've loved their products. I normally buy from them every couple of weeks and check their website constantly to see what's trending or what's new.

Most of the orders I have received from them within the past 2-4 months, the garments have had holes in them. I'm a sewer, so most of the time I will fix whatever is wrong with the garment and go on my way. I ordered a bathing suit from there, opened it up out of the plastic, and there was huge hole in the bathing suit bottoms, the seam was basically falling apart, so I had to repair it myself.

The problem with this is that NastyGal is not Forever21, their clothes should not be this bad of quality. I'm at least spending $80-120 per item of clothing, and whenever I receive it, it's damaged. I invest a lot in the pieces I order off of NastyGal and spend a lot of money monthly with them, and it honestly sucks to get clothing over and over again that has a hole in it.

I contacted their customer service team and I gave them all of my orders that had a damaged piece in it. Because of it being past the 30 days, they could not do anything for me except give me a $12 store credit. I totally understand being past the 30 days they can't do much, but seriously.

My advice is, be cautious on what you buy from Nasty Gal. The quality is extremely poor and I'm not sure if I will buy from them again.

marthav1
9/30/14

terrible. i ordered some clothes, paid shipping, and when the package arrived, i was required to pay an additional 45 dollars for shipping costs. after i contacted nasty gal, they said that they made this clear in the check out.
what it said was 'fees vary by country'. that is not clear. all that said to me was the shipping fees vary by country, but considering the price was generated by my location, i obviously did not think that this meant an extra fee AFTER the fact. AND, the 'fees may vary' message was written in size 8 font, in white letters, on a pale brown-beige back round.

tricky, sneaky business. i would have never ordered the clothes knowing i'd have to pay such a huge extra cost. and i will never shop their again.
its all made in china anyway

Tip for consumers: dont buy. there are better sites for discount shopping that are selling the same low quality items

joselynj
9/16/14

used to shop from nasty gal for many years but im never shopping from them again.they changed their carrier and now if u live outside the U.S. you have to pay extra charges.Mine came up to 25euros.i refused to pay and the package was sent back to them but so far i havent gotten any refund.it's been 4 months.they also told me that this extra charges was due to the fact thet they paid the customs office on my behalf.i asked to see a receipt but they never showed me one.terrible service and very dissapointed.

celestel2
9/15/14

I don't know what other people are saying. I've never experienced any problem with shipping, although that's probably because I live in the US. But anyway, the quality isn't the best in the world (depending on the brand), and the products can be a little overpriced however, they have cute clothes that you sometimes can't find at other stores. I always get my order on time. The only thing that bothers me is there isn't free returns, they don't reimburse you for the shipping prices. I did get the rest of the money back though, and in the time frame that was posted on their website.

nefelix
9/2/14

I have ordered 2 dresses and one top.
The first dress was corrupted and the other did not make it although I paid for both..

Moreover the delivery person charged me 20 euros.. shipping costs...

I have opened a dispute and still trying to reach to some agreement..

Nice clothes but really poor site and a very baaad service

Tip for consumers: watch out the order submission, lots of bugs there!!

annar33
8/30/14

I love Nasty Gal. I am so addicted to their products. I always buy Jeffrey Campbell shoes from here. I have purchased summer clothes as well and now I know how the sizing goes. Im a size small and the small fits well. Sometimes it depends on the manufacturer, clothes that are size small might fit a bit loose but can be fixed with alterations. I have purchased their shoe brand Shoe Cult. I love wearing the flatforms. The platform clogs are very cute though a bit unstable when walking. I prefer saw tooth threaded soles like UNIF and YRU bec its very comfortable to walk in all day in the office. They have great deals and sales. My outfits are so trendy that my friends and co workers always ask where I shop. I love the free shipping when you buy $75 or more. Shipping time is great. I receive my order within 1 week from the time it has been shipped. Great customer service. I always receive my response through facebook within 1hr or within 24hrs. Keep up the great work!

Tip for consumers: The staff on facebook are really nice and helpful. They reply within 24hrs with my questions and so far I havent returned/exchanged any of my orders. I am very pleased with my orders and their services.

jesse536
8/18/14

Asked for £25 at the door by the poor UPS woman who had had to do the same to 4 other Nasty Gal customers that day. Although the 'FAQ' section says you might get hit with import charges, this is NOT made remotely clear at any point during checkout (it says it in tiny writing at some point but not at all noticeable. Apparently they are working on software to sort the issues out but that is probably a load of balls. Can't comment on the clothes yet as I asked UPS to give me a night to think it over! I am going to pay the charge but have complained HARD to Nasty, and asked for clothing vouchers, but of course they said no.....

jennyk14
8/7/14

I LOVE THIS STORE / WEBSITE

Best customer service ever. My package was lost and they offered to deliver me a new one with over night delivery since it was a birthday dress i needed ASAP. The clothes are a bit pricey but I've bought a bunch of orders from this website and I'm obsessed

bellem4
8/6/14

Really disappointed. I order a few cute items with standard delivery and it took so long to post. The shorts I got weren't true to their sizes, I got a small pair of shorts and they were farrrr too big for me. What's more I can't return them because it would cost too much. I was surprised when the postman came to my door and asked me for £25 tax?! Altogether spent too much for items that weren't that amazing.

lindsayn4
8/5/14

So I only have ordered here once, and it was a pair of boots in the shoe cult collection. Luckily I got it for a good discount, cause when I got them in the mail I wasn't happy with the quality. It's not $200+ quality for sure. The boots I've gotten from H&M are the same quality (maybe better), and next to other shoes I've splurged on, they're really not that great.

On a separate occasions, I've found the same things from nastygal on other sites for much cheaper. There was a sheer white striped shirt this spring that was going for over $50 dollars, that I found at H&M for $10, and there's also a white collared dress (sheer on top) that is like $80 that I found for less than $20 on another clothing site.

I'd just be careful. I never checked online reviews on Nastygal but they have quite a few unhappy customers...

claireg11
8/2/14

IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING READ THE SHIPPING INFO FIRST - DDU means "duties and taxes unpaid" , which means for example for the UK a cash on delivery charge will be required when your parcel is delivered and this will be 32% of the purchase price (20% VAT and 12 % import duty).
I placed an order with Nasty GAL without understanding what this meant - so be warned as I learnt a very expensive lesson !!
This is not the fault of Nasty GAL I should have done more research or asked questions of their customer service team before buying.
I found the customer service very good actually kept me well informed and were helpful when I had to deal with the COD charge and return of items went smoothly .

vys1
7/31/14

The refund policy is horrible. They gave me store credit when I returned cheap looking items I bought for a decent price, I wanted a refund. Their clothes look different on the website, the colors were totally different on a dress I bought. So instead of getting a refund that I wanted, I ended up having to purchase another ugly dress, ended up paying more on top of that and now I have to ship it back and they won't give me store credit until they receive the item. Nastygal is a complete waste of time. I rather shop where refunds and exchanges are not an issue!

karinae1
7/30/14

******** CARD THEFT! *****
unless you want your identity stolen as well as all your credit card information. do not order from the. this isnt the 1st time this has happened but the 2nd time this has happened. they will steal your information. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. SCAM !

ayana7
7/14/14

I am glad I read these review before placing an order. A few days ago I picked a couple of dresses that I liked and placed them in my "tote" and "closet", One was $48 and another $68, today when I was ready to order them the one was $48 popped up as $53 and another that was initially listed for $68 showed up as for $75. The bottom line, do not place anything you like in "tote or closet" as they web-site tracks the items you like and raises the prices when you are ready to place the order!!!!

larissal1
7/13/14

I placed my order 4 days ago I bought a bathing suit from this website thinking they were good due to website being put so well. My bathing suit came perfect but too small, I spoke to someone first who told me i could send it back but this was before I tried on the bottom piece and realized it was small also. My true size is medium when i thought on this site was the same thing BUT UT WASN'T. The garnet was too small, then when I called the second time a different lady gave me a different excuse saying I have to order a other was first and then send the one I have, which I found strange because I have order from other high end sites and they never told me such a thing. NOW THAT I READ ALL THESE REVIEWS I AM AFRAID TO SEND IT BACK AND NOT GET MY MONEY BACK. THESE PEOPLE DO SEEM LIKE SCAMMERS. Their return policy said one thing on the website and a different one on the receipt. BE CAREFUL WITH THEM. When I was on the phone I asked for someone higher and she said everyone left for the day which I found strange as well. For those of you who haven't got your money back YOU SHOULD FIGHT FOR IT BACK. I WOULD NEVER BUY A CROP TOP THAT I SAW MARKED FOR 300.00 THAT WAS INSANE I WOULD RATHER GO HUNTING IN STORES FOR SOMETHING WITH BETTER QUALITY. These people must be smoking something to put retarded prices like those on that site, it really isn't worth the money and I am a shopaholic but I wouldn't fall for these dumb prices on these garrnents. THIS SITE DESERVES A MINUES STAR FROM ME.

laurac53
6/30/14

If you are shipping to Canada they will not show you the duties and taxes you have to pay so be careful! They sneaked me in to paying an extra $17 for duty taxes where I had to pick up my package at shopping without my agreement or confirmation on the receipt or anything. Never shopping here again that's for sure.

janelleg2
6/25/14

I would never buy here again - the sizing is wrong, the quality was poor, for a $60 dress make of synthetic fabric that doesn't fit properly. The worst was the $68 custom fee I paid which I was not informed of. Now I will have to pay to return it all.

TERRIBLE STORE - I would not shop here again

zenahs
6/22/14

FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THAT THE WEBSITE IS A FRAUD AND THEY ARE THIEVES.
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT EVEN DESERVE ONE STAR.

i placed two orders which amounted to 500 dollars i HAVE RECEIVED NONE OF MY SHIPMENTS AND THEY REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS AND I AM SICK TO THE STOMACH WITH THEIR $#*!TY CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL THEY REPLY IS USELESS $#*! TO ME THAT DOES NOT HELP OR SOLVE MY CASE " LET US KNOW IF WE CAN HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING" F**KING PARROTS THEY ARE.
GOD KNOWS WHERE BOTH MY PACKAGES ARE AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND ME IF THEY DONT RECEIVE THEM. WHAT EPIDEMY OF BULL$#*! IS THIS?
IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM WHERE THE PACKAGES ARE IF I DID NOT RECEIVE THEM THEN I WANT MY MONEY BACK.
THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER CARE AND MOST BULL$#*! OVERPRICED STORE .
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN COMPLAIN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WANT TO FILE A REPORT AGAINT THEM.
THIS IS JUST REALLY EFFED UP.

krisf5
6/18/14

will never shop on this website . Took me 3 seconds to see the rip offs. REGULAR shorts for $100. WHAT THEEEEE F!!! bye bye nasty gal....nasty prices.

jacquelinec5
5/30/14

I placed an order in March of this year. The clothing arrived in a timely fashion but the sizing was all wrong for me. The items didn't appear to be true to size and I found the quality inferior. I contacted Nasty Girl and they emailed me a UPS label which I printed out and put the items back into the box they were shipped in and took them to a UPS dropoff location. That was mid-March. I'm still waiting for my refund.
I contacted Nasty Girl via chat and it was a very frustrating conversation. The chat person didn't know anything and just kept saying give it some more time. It's been over a month already. How long does it take to process a return? I kept asking how long I should wait and all the chat person kept saying was "I apologize." Give it some more time. I don't know what recourse I have. Am I just out of $139? Will I ever see my refund?
I will never buy from them again and will be tweeting to my over 8,000 followers and posting on my Facebook page about this awful and frustrating experience.

julesm39
5/29/14

Why did I not read the reviews before I ordered from this dreadful company!
The quality of the products are a disgrace the material is cheap and the sizing and fit a joke. The dress I ordered was unfinished the stitching at the bottom had been left open! I have never ordered from a company and been so disappointed, on top of this I also received a custom clearance charge of £20.18 which is not refundable! My advice do not buy from this company

juliannat
5/28/14

MY BIGGEST TIP: DO NOT BUY NASTYGAL/SHOECULT BRANDS.

Coming from a US resident and a frequent nastygal shopper:
Pros:
-Cute styles
-Generally fast shipping (to the US).
-Awesome sales 1-2 times a year.

Cons:
-NastyGal/Shoe Cult brands are very cheaply made. (Wouldn't recommend buying anything they made themselves.)
-Expensive
-Customer service is questionable.

So here are a couple things that have annoyed me from previous purchases:

1) I bought a dress made by NastyGal and the strap was sewn on backwards. I got the dress on super sale for like 12 bucks (from $50~). I still returned it because I didn't want to fix it myself and the quality was so incredibly cheap. I want to include this policy:
"Returns for store credit will be processed free of charge, while returns for a refund to your original payment method (i.e. credit card, Paypal) will require a handling & processing fee of $5.99, which will be deducted from the amount to be refunded to you."
I wanted my money back in full because it is not my fault that sent me a bad item. Right? But they refused to give me all my money back. I find that so very irresponsible..

2) Almost every single item I bought from them that is made from them is unwearable. They either fit really awkwardly or are so cheaply made that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.

**I almost always shop in the sale section. Everything else not made by NastyGal usually comes in looking great.**

jennyc24
5/24/14

***CUSTOMS CHARGES INFORMATION***
I'd just like to clear up something with customs charges because I feel like a lot of the ratings on this website are unfairly low because people are annoyed they had to pay customs on their order.

Customs are NOT controlled by nastygal! If like me you live in the UK anything you buy outside of the EU is subject to customs charges. So if you're not prepared to pay customs, don't buy! (the reason you may not get customs charges from other shops is because some companies mark your order as a gift so you don't have to pay customs, but it's illegal for them to do it!) It has been complained about in a few reviews that nastygal don't inform you of customs charges, but it is very clearly marked next to where you select your type of shipping that customs are your own responsibility.

In case you're wondering how much you're looking to pay with customs...your parcel might sneak through without you having to pay anything but it might not. In the UK when I get a parcel with customs I have to pay £8 handling fee plus 20% of what my total order is worth (total order worth does include what you paid for shipping!) I think it varies based on which company ships your parcel but just be aware of that when you're making an order.

In terms of the rest of the buying process, I have made one order from this site - 2 dresses - and both were true to size, good quality and arrived within the specified 1-2 weeks. They arrived with customs (about £16) which was annoying of course but that's just life! I would order more from nastygal if customs charges were free, but as it is out of their control I haven't marked down their rating at all for it.

jenniferg34
5/22/14

Here is the online chat of when I complained about being charged 19.37 EUR in fees when the rules of my country say they should be 4.30 EUR. They claim to have paid HMRC on my behalf in order to speed up the shipping process!!! They produced no receipt for this payment they claim to have made.

AVOID THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

One sec, we're connecting you to an agent.

You are now chatting with 'Linsey'

Jennifer: I was speaking to your online chat earlier today, and she said that Nastygal have no control over the hmrc charges, but when my order arrived, the ups driver had no hmrc documentation and he said that the sender had calculated the charges and placed the sticker onto the package. HMRC have not seen the package. Would you like to tell me how you calculated a figure of EUR 19.27 when VAT in my country is only 20%?

Linsey: Hello Jennifer!

Jennifer: hello I was speaking to your online chat earlier today, and she said that Nastygal have no control over the hmrc charges, but when my order arrived, the ups driver had no hmrc documentation and he said that the sender had calculated the charges and placed the sticker onto the package. HMRC have not seen the package. Would you like to tell me how you calculated a figure of EUR 19.27 when VAT in my country is only 20%?

Jennifer: my order was $29.40

Linsey: I assume you're inquiring about the COD charges?

Jennifer: 20% of $29.40 is $5.88

Linsey: Can I have your order number please?

Jennifer: 5.88 USD = 4.30432 EUR

Jennifer: #7025598

Linsey: I'm so sorry that you've been misinformed, Nasty Gal does not calculate the amount which you are charged for taxes and duties.

Jennifer: so who does? because the UPS driver said that neither he nor HMRC had done it, that the sticker had been applied by the sender. there was no customs sticker on the package, there was no indication of how the charge was calculated, there was no indication of the item value on the package

Linsey: We currently ship your package DDU (which means duties and taxes remain unpaid at the time of checkout). Because we do not collect these fees at the time of your purchase, and we cannot predict what your particular charges may be, you are asked to pay these fees upon delivery of your order. To expedite the shipping process so that you can receive your Nasty Gal product as quickly as possible, Landmark pays your COD fee to your local postal service in advance. Your local postal service then requests payment from you to reimburse Landmark for those fees. Ultimately, your local post receives this payment for carrying your package across the border, not Nasty Gal or Landmark.

Jennifer: BULL

Jennifer: I've had packages delivered from the states before. there is a customs sticker on the item

Jennifer: the customs agent decides if there is a fee

Jennifer: not you

Linsey: The information I'm giving you is correct, I would recommend contacting your Customs office.\

Jennifer: who is Landmark?

Linsey: As I explained to you, we currently ship your package DDU (which means duties and taxes remain unpaid at the time of checkout).

Linsey: These fees are paid by Landmark (the International shipping company).

Jennifer: WHO IS LANDMARK?

Jennifer: YOU SENT IT BY ups

Jennifer: UPS

Linsey: Either Landmark or UPS may be delivering your package, they pay your Customs fees up front, to get the package delivered to you quicker; however you are required to reimburse the shipping company for the Customs fees.

Jennifer: i DON'T THINK SO

Jennifer: Unless I see some receipt that you paid the fees on my behalf, why should I pay fees?

Jennifer: I calculated the fees to be 4.30 EUR according to my countries customs rules, and you want me to pay 19.27 EUR with no receipt, no calcualtion and no explanation for the descrepancy.

lizzies1
5/14/14

I got charged extra $3 which I didn't know about until I checked my bank balance, the when the parcel finally arrived I was charged $55 dollars extra just to receive the parcel - shocking! Never shopping there again.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can you all please tell me where you live? I see bad reviews and I live in Ohio and I dont want to go through the same thing.
2/10/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for NastyGal

No coupon code needed
Shop now at NastyGal to save!
Go to NastyGal