US Government's NSF

svdanangy

92 Reviews for NastyGal

▼ Sort by: recent

4/14/14

Well.. I ordered a really nice dress from Nasty Gal, went to check the order today to find no record of it whatsoever on my Nasty Gal account, tried talking to them and the woman was absolutely useless, she just told me that there is no record of the order - however there is a record on my bank and paypal accounts of the transfer to Nasty Gal for the exact cost of the dress plus shipping. I am now in Paypal dispute with the company to try and get my money back. This is the first and last time I will ever buy from Nasty Gal! Given the other reviews I'm glad that they messed it up because I'd rather not pay the hidden customs charge!

4/5/14

I read these reviews before ordering and I got a little uneasy of it. seeing negative reviews on customer service, but I did it anyways and I'm glad I did. ordered from their sale adding up to $90. I knew they were pricey but as I always scrolled down their website I always fell in love with their pieces! I was anxious for its arrival and always checked on the ups tracking! I love in the u.s so I figured it wouldn't take longer than a week. a week passed by and the date it should've came(Friday) didn't arrive. I freaked out and checked the tracking, it said a late arrival has changed its schedule so it would be coming the next business day(Monday). so Monday came andi thought it wouldn't come because it was about 5 already. but my mom came home and saw the package in front of the door so I guess I didn't hear it? anyways I was really happy with my purchase and it was everything I imagined! yes it is cheap thin quality but I'm still in love with it. might not purchase from there again unless I feel like splurging! :)

4/4/14

I ordered from Natygal in February. My order came to $55 which is about £30 in the UK, and after taking my payment Natsygal didn't not even send my top. I emailed them several times but they where very unhelpful. I realised that there was some hidden costs that I had to pay for but I did not know how to pay for them and when I requested help from Nastygal I wasn't helped. Up until today I have still not received my item.

4/1/14

The Christmas sales are so good! I purchased multiple pairs of shoes at 70% off. The shipping is terrible! The website stated 1-2 weeks, but in reality it took 4-5 weeks to arrive. When it finally did arrive I was very pleased with most of it. I would recommend avoiding any products that are by Nasty Gal and not actually a proper brand- the quality is terrible! I purchased a dress that was ill-fitting by Nasty Gal, as well as a pair of Shoe Cult for Nasty Gal heels, and the quality was terrible. I did contact them (and took my time to do so), they were very helpful and refunded my money without asking me to return the items. So overall, I would say very good customer service, not the best shipping (although this was during the busiest time of the year- Christmas), stick to brands you are familiar with to be safe and they offer great sales. Although if you are spending under $150 you have to pay for international shipping which is a little hefty, if only the shipping fee was less I would order a lot more from Nasty Gal.

3/18/14

I don't know why this site has such terrible reviews!
I've ordered off here at least 15 times and nothing has ever gone wrong. Most of the items I purchase are on sale, (very cheap), but I've never ever been unsatisfied with the quality of their clothing. It fits great, looks great and I always get the most compliments when I wear clothes purchased from Nasty Gal. I'm addicted.
Their return policy is also great. The one time an order didn't fit, I used the return slips they enclosed in the parcel and sent it back. They were friendly to deal with and quick to respond to my queries. I highly recommend it.

3/11/14

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
I bought $50 worth of goods, and upon their arrival in my country I was charge $60 in duty taxes because they declared $300 on the parcel!!!!!!!!
I refused the parcel, and it was sent back to them- but I never got my refund....They refuse to refund me when I call. AWFUL!

3/5/14

Too many hidden fees in this bloody company. If they know we are going to get slam dunked by custom charges topped with VAT at least let the delivery be free! OR OFFER STUDENT DISCOUNT FOR GOD SAKE. Just wanted to buy a £15 bag, delivery was £10. Customs sent me some crusty ass letter saying I have to pay an additional £12.35. This bloody bag better be worth it.

3/5/14

Dress arrived quickly (but I did get stung with charges by HMRC)
Dress fitted well and I was pleased with it.

2/27/14

I usually don't leave feedback, but with all the negative feedback this site gets I thought I should. I would have given this 4.5 stars, but I couldn't. I ordered from this site on Sunday, and everything I ordered was here by Thursday. I'm 4'11 and 100 pounds. It's very hard to find clothes that fit. This site offers tons of smaller sizes, so that was very much appreciated. I didn't give it 5 stars, because the packaging was roughed up a bit. All the clothing was in perfect shape.

2/19/14

Really great looking clothes … online. The reality is very low quality. These items look like they came from a loss leader giant chain store. Not good.

2/12/14

***CANADIANS BEWARE: DHL SHIPPING = HUGE COD CHARGES***

I've been shopping at Nastygal for years and for an order this month, suddenly, I get slapped with an OVER 40% custom charge on TOP of my purchase + shipping. This is ridiculous. So I contacted NG and they said they changed couriers a few months ago -- which they should have informed us about.

I've made orders in the past ranging anywhere from $10 to $200 and NEVER have I had to pay almost HALF my total cost just in custom fees alone. I've had to pay anywhere from 20-30% which is high (our tax is usually %15) but still acceptable. Why the change? They're using DHL shipping which not only charges custom for your country but also charges the customer for their OWN profit. Why use DHL then??? Oh probably because Nastygal gets cheap shipping deal and their customers have to cover the cost!!!!

Here ends my love affair with NG. It was good while it lasted.

***So if you're ordering NG to Canada, beware! For all orders over 30 (might be 20 actually?) DHL will slap on AT LEAST a 40% custom charge on your order. It will be higher if your order costs more.***

I made a site jabber account just so I could post this warning cause it's not a fun moment at the post office as you can imagine. Nowhere on the NG website does it tell you about DHL brokerage fees or even that they're now using DHL which if I had known, I would have cancelled my order.

Anyway, if you're American... feel free to ignore this and shop away!! Hmph.

2/8/14

I an so annoyed, that I'm posting this review on all public websites.

So, I bought a dress from them recently and wore it to my cousins graduation. First off, I should have known something was up due to the god aweful poor quality it was for the price. But I didnt send it back because I really couldnt be bothered having to deal with their catty customer service reps or their unnecessarly ridiculous return process. I just couldn't be bothered (which is probably what they hope to achieve by simply not enclosing a preprinted return label in the package!) But I digress. So, wore the dress out, (family function) my cousin came up to me, telling me how she has the same dress and how it was a "steal for the price" and how she loves Forever 21. I'm thinking, Huh???? Forever21?...NO, I told her, it cannot be the same dress because I paid damn near $60 bucks for it from NASTY GAL! My cousin literally laughed out loud. She explained to me that it was the same dress and she doesnt mind the quality because she only paid $15 (FIFTEEN!) for hers!!!! (Turns she actually paid $16.99).

I still didn't believe it could have possibly been the same dress, so the next day I brought it over to her house to make a comparison and proove to her that they were in fact different, and that I didnt get suckered by those Nasty Vile Female Dogs, aka Nasty Gal. FAIL!

Sure enough, the dresses were EXACTLY the same.. but with different tags!!!!! Are u kidding me?? I was so pissed I threw it in the trash! The same dress Nasty Gal sold me for $58 dollars, Forever 21 was offering it for $16.99! Now THAT is really nasty!

A few days later, after I had calmed down, I went on their website and found the dress. Then did a search on Forever 21's site...FOUND the dress. I also found it on Lulus (another rip off, but they had it at $40+). And ofcourse, I took screen shots because this was definitely something I felt everyone should be aware of. See the screen shots below!

Forever21 screen shot:

Nast Gal screenshot:

Lulus screenshot:

As you all can see. They are all the same. I will never buy anything from Nasty Gal...or Lulus again. It's one thing to be ripped off, but its something totally different that they could be soo in your face about it. Stay away. I've sent them a notification of this review. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

2/1/14

DON'T SHOP HERE!! WASTE OF MONEY. First of all you will have to pay customs charges which you are not told about, on top of already expensive delivery. Next the sizing is awful, I'm pretty sure on one dress they sent me they must have switched the label on it because they had run out of my size because it was massive, and I ordered a different dress in that size and it was a perfect fit. I fell in love with their clothes online but have so fallen out of love with them, honestly don't bother.

1/27/14

Stay clear of nasty gal if you live outside of the UK!
Late last year (2013) I placed my first order with nasty gal after loving how the clothes looked for so long! So I placed quite a big order which came to about £200 UK pounds. I chose the cheapest shipping option as I was in no rush for the items and didn't want to pay a large amount for shipping. About 2 weeks later I still had not received my items, so I checked online to see what my shipping status was, and it said that it had been declined and not shipped. I called nasty gal and they told me that to receive my package I had to pay a shipping customs charge, they told me I had to pay £85!!! Almost half my order, now thats £85 on top of over £15 shipping costs. I was so unhappy about this but I assumed I had just been unlucky this time. I declined the package and told them I was not paying that ridiculous amount of customs charges. The shipping company told me they would return it to nasty gal. About a month later I still had not received a refund from Nasty gal so I used their online live chat to speak to someone who could help me, they said that they had not received it yet. I then emailed them about 5 or 6 times again over the next month to try and get my refund. Most of the people I emailed via nasty gal did not help at all and did not seem interested that I was £200 out of pocket because of them. I finally got so annoyed about it I emailed them and basically demanded them to refund me now or I would take it further as it had been about 2 months, they refunded me instantly once I said that. Sometimes I wonder if they try and drag out things like that long enough so that the customer will just give up and stop trying to get their money back. It feels as though their only goal is MONEY. they seem very money hungry and don't care much about their customers.

After receiving my refund I did not want to order from them again. But a few weeks ago now I saw that they were doing free international shipping so I thought I would give nasty gal another chance to prove themselves So I purchased just over £150 worth of clothing. I bought a jacket, top, dress and playsuit. Their items are very high priced but I was hoping they would be worth it.
I got an email about a week after from the customs offices saying I had to pay £65 customs fees. I honestly could not believe this had happened again. I then searched for reviews and realised that i was not just the only one and probably over 95% off all nasty gal reviews and horrendously low and most people have had problems with them. Most of these problems are due to customs charges.
I also read that a LOT of people are saying that their clothing is terrible quality. I am now in the process of declining the customs fee and telling them I am not paying it, I contacted nasty gal but they didn't do much to help they just told me it would be returned to them. But the customs offices are telling me if i do not pay the package will be destroyed.

I am so so so disappointed with nasty gal. Instead of just focusing on how much money they can scam people of, they should spend a little extra on clothes production and get their clothing better quality and ensure their customers are happy. Also get rid of those customs fees!! I buy from different countries all the time and I never get customs fees except from the very odd time which would be a very low price!! Not half of the price you payed!!

Shame on you nasty gal.

1/22/14

My first purchase from this website will sadly be my last. Delivery was painfully slow, I had to wait a month for my order to arrive. When I opened it I was so disappointed because my order had been stuffed up! They sent me the wrong colour, which I don't even like on me. I'm so annoyed because I was hoping to wear it to a special occasion coming up, but I doubt I will now because of the colour. Also, the garment itself is a total rip off and definitely over priced for the $#*!ty quality. You really don't get what you pay for!

1/19/14

**************************** BUYER BEWARE*******************
IF I CAN PLACE A 0 STAR I WOULD. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. WOULD NOT LET ME RETURN ITEMS, FINAL SALE, SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! (>_<)
CLOTHING SIZES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE, LARGE, LIKE AN XTRA LARGE, THAN SOME OF THE LARGES FIT LIKE A MEDIUM AND THE MATERIAL QUALITY IS ALSO VERY POOR!!! SOOOOO MANY 1 STAR RATINGS GIVEN BY CUSTOMERS, just GO OUT OF BUSINESS ALREADY, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/3/14

Buyers be aware!! DO NOT purchase from this website! They do not care about their customers & they do not refund money even though the promotion says so! Absolutely disgusted with this site, customer service are lousy/lazy terrible people! I am from Canada & they charged me 52 dollars extra at my door when it was supposed to be free shipping. DON'T waste your time nor money!!

1/2/14

Absolute $#*! customer service, I tried ordering a (very overpriced) top and they kept saying something was wrong with my credit card even though there wasn't.

12/24/13

I started out liking the website but as soon as I experienced my first order "I absolutely hate it''!!! First, the picture looked good on the site but the actual clothes were horrible! The fabrics sucked. One knit top's price was $54.60 and the material was rough, not warm and terrible (I could have bought something a hundred times better in forever21). Another $72 dress I bought was make out of "cheap silk".

Also, the shipping was terrible. I ordered "one" necklace, and the site messed up my order and gave me "two". When I found out how bad the quality was I returned it and the quantity became "1" again. There was no consistency in their system whatsoever!!!

12/20/13

I have ordered from NG a number of times and while I have loved the items I have received, dealing with their carelessness for customer satisfaction has driven me away from ever supporting their business again. I ordered an item, got an email notification that it shipped, received my shipment only to see that my item was missing. I then checked the order through the website only to find that my item was cancelled due to it being out of stock - although at the time of order, it was in stock. Fast forward to me seeing that the item was in stock again, I contacted customer service ( because they apparently don't take the initiative to simply backfill your order or to tell you it's back in stock) only to be told that they would not honor the price that I originally purchased the item at. I will not purchase from here again.

12/20/13

WORSE WEBSITE EVER! I read the reviews and thought I'd give it a try anyway. WORST IDEA EVER! Anyone thinking about buying from the site reading this review… please listen to everyones advice and don't order from the website. I ordered a few pieces of clothing on cyber Monday and still have not received anything. I contacted customer service to see where my package is since the tracking wasn't working and they said it was in Canada to contact my local post office. I did and they said my package is in Germany???? I went online to make sure I wasn't and idiot and entered the wrong address but everything is fine. I am now asking for my money back but I doubt that will even happen after reading the rest of these reviews. I've ordered stuff from China and got it way faster.

12/18/13

after reading the reviews on this website I was quite iffy about ordering,but since they were offering free international shipping for a limited time I decided to go through with it, and boy am I happy that I did!! I live in Canada, my order arrived within a week! I didn't think it would especially because its the holidays, a very busy time for customs, post offices. I am VERY satisfied with my purchase, its exactly as pictured and great quality. I did have to pay a small customs fee but that was expected. Even if I bought that hat here in Canada I would still have had to pay the extra 20 in taxes. I paid no extra on the website so it was fine by me. Im a VERY happy customer! :)

12/17/13

Do NOT order from this website, I repeat do NOT order from this website. I have ordered 3 items from this website on 3 different occasions and each time, the objet is trashy and cheap. And oh, don't be alarmed if you're item comes without a tag, that just means that they "put tags on some items and not on others" and that you are not able to get you're money back from that item; only store credit. Save yourself the money and the hassle of dealing with their horrible costumer service and do not shop here.

12/16/13

Please DO NOT buy from this website.
I really wish I had read all these reviews before deciding to pay.
I was sooo excited when I found this site because it's exactly my style.
Ordered quite a few items which came to over $500.
1 of the 4 dresses I bought actually LOOKED LIKE THE PHOTO.
The other three were TERRIBLY designed, badly cut, felt and LOOKED cheap and absolutely nothing like the photos. Incredibly disappointed.
Two crop tops I bought were a LOT more 'crop' than the photo portrayed despite buying them in a size above my normal size.
The only good item out of the lot was a mesh top but then again what can really go wrong there.....
So so so disapointed.
And also a SILVER necklace I bought turned out to be gold.

STAY AWAY.

12/15/13

worst customer experience ever. i shopped their black friday sale and purchased some items on 40% discount, including a pair of boots i wanted for ages. upon completing my order they sent me an invalid tracking number, i refreshed it a few days later- it was still invalid. it had been two weeks and still no sign of my parcel. i checked my nasty gal account and they had returned my order without even contacting me and had relisted the items i purchased, on their website at full price. i emailed them asking for a refund, they refunded me incorrectly and refused to refund me the full amount. they also told me i would have to reorder these items at full price and pay $29 shipping if i wanted them. i will never shop with nasty gal ever again and i will make sure i warn everyone i know. stay away from this website, they are incompetent and will scam you.

12/12/13

They had a deal for 40% off but they didn't have my size so I emailed them if the XS was different in length from the S… they emailed me a day later and said they will get back to me with measurements and when I asked if I could still use the discount since I emailed them during the promo they said no… it's literally been 10 hours since the promo and they can't honour that?

12/11/13

Saw shoes I wanted for 30% off but when I added it to my cart it showed regular price. Called them on it and they wouldn't honor the price. I ordered the shoes anyway at regular price only to receive the wrong shoes. Live chatted with a rep and she said she will email the label, next morning still no label, gave me some BS about UPS taking 24 hours. That is just BS I've had places email me while we're on the phone and I get it right away. Customer service is horrible. Their toll-free # doesn't even work and I've always had to call their other non toll-free # that's for international customers. Seriously they can't do anything right and I'm never buying anything from them again.

12/9/13

i ordered 90 dollars worth of stuff.. from cyber monday.. had to pay 30 dollars in duty fees.. stuff came nothing like what it looked like in photos. I am not kidding there clothes looking nothing like there photos.. i read all the reviews online and was like okay maybe people are being over dramatic.. they are not trust me do not buy from this site.. the colors are different the shirts dont even fit its terrible im so beyond pissed off

12/6/13

They have cool trendy clothing. Sometimes items that cannot be found anywhere else. I am giving them 1 star based on how they run their business. If you spend over $75 you get free 3 day shipping. However, they wait 3 days to even process your order and by the time it arrives at your doorstep it has been a week. So that seems like a scam. You spend more to get the items quicker and they still take a week. ! I heard they are opening brick and mortar stores. I hope they run those better than their website.

12/5/13

I bought a pair of black pumps on black friday, so I got $98 shoes for like $68 altogether. They got here today and they're a little hard on the inside of the shoe all around but I still really like them. However, they are a little too snug. I went online to fill out the exchange form, but you can't exchange them, only refund. Furthermore, unless you want a refund in store credit, you get charged $5.99 if you want your money back. So I called customer service and the girl was nice, but she said I have to first return these because they don't do exchanges. She informed me that there was only 1 pair left in the size I needed, so I should order them right then on the phone with her. But she wouldn't be able to give me them for the sale price I got them for- I'd have to wait for them to receive the other ones and then they will supposedly price match...but I don't exactly trust them to do this, since it says this no where in writing. I didn't want to buy another pair of the shoes for $100, and then also be waiting on my original $68- It just seemed so uncertain and I may end up with a new size that is too big/not right, and may possibly never see my money back ($168!) for either pair. I decided to just keep the original pair- they're better now that I broke them in walking around the house. I like them a lot but I will not buy again from nastygal- there's just sooo many websites with much easier/more accomodating return and exchange policies that I would much rather give my business too. Hope this helps.

12/5/13

I was extremely excited about receiving a jacket that I ordered on Monday from them. The shipping came quickly but to my dismay when I opened the package, the jacket looked nothing like what the picture did. The quality was in my opinion worse than forever 21's and I paid about 3x what I would at forever 21 for a similar jacket. Wish I would have read this before purchasing.

12/4/13

ordered three items on an incredible sale, they arrived on time but two items were missing and the dress that ended up coming was really poor quality and nothing like the picture. nasty gal refunded the two missing items and im able to returning the third one, overall a really frustrating experience but at least ill get some of my money back.....

12/3/13

I wish I would have read the reviews here before purchasing with Nasty Gal. I purchased a pair of heels, prior to ordering I asked the agent if there would be any upcoming sales for the holidays, she stated she was unaware of any and that inventory was low so I should order. I did on 11/20 I did not receive my item for 1 week, 11/27. The next few days were Thanksgiving. On sunday I notice the heels are 33% off, not an insignificant amount nor a sale not worth mentioning. I tried to get in touch with an agent but was unsuccessful, finally on 12/3 I get ahold of one where I am told price matches are 10days. It is stated no where on the site, most online companies are 14days, and they don't considerate a "customer curtsey" as does Nasty Gal, but a normal part of doing business. I am 2 days off of being in touch, I had the shoes for 1 business day. They are not willing to match and therefore unfortunately have lost my business.

12/2/13

Order my item on 11/19, now 12/03 still did not get my item. I paid $8 for shipping which they said "3 days express shipping". Totally lying and such a ripoff. Even stuff I bought from eBay takes faster and cheaper to ship than this company.

I used to really like their clothes, but after shopping with them for just a few times, I have to say this is the last time I'll buy stuff from them. Their quality is not as good as expected, especially with ridiculously high price. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or their products are just crap, there's always defect on things I bought, especially if it is sales items. It's going to cost me more just to ship it back so I'll just keep it. Their stuff is not that unique after all, I've found many online sites with similar products and quality but at least 70% off, some sites with similar price but so much better quality than NastyGal. No reasons for me to shop there again.

11/30/13

I ordered a dress and clutch for vegas and i got the three day "express" shipping. It said three business days. I ordered it on saturday and it didn't get to my house till FRIDAY. I left to vegas friday morning so my package didn't even come on time. They didn't ship it out till wednesday!!!TOTALLY misleading. On top of that the dress was hideous and the clutch i ordered was the size of a laptop case. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Now I have to pay $5.99 to return all these horrible items.

11/28/13

I can impart some wisdom as to Canadians are charged such a ridiculous amount of money for 'customs'. I had figured this out the hard way with my addiction to online shopping from the states.

When I first started shopping with Nastygal back like 2 years ago, they were just an up and comer and their clothes were great/so was their customer service... now that they've made it to the bigtime they've decided to screw their customers over and only care about profit... and this is where customs charges come in.

They didn't use to work with DHL as their international Canadian delivery courier. DHL ALWAYS collaborates with the business to charge international address another 'customs' fee which isn't really taken by the Canadian government but rather taken half by DHL and then half by the company ie. Nastygal in this case. ANY order over 21$ CAD they WILL charge and it WILL be at exorbant prices. I once ordered a 30$something package from Karmaloop (works with DHL). The customs was almost the same as the package. I was forced to pay. Needless to say I have never ordered from Karmaloop ever freaking again.

It's been awhile since I had sworn off Nastygal because of their bad quality of clothing in my last order... so I've decided to give them another try....
I placed 3 orderes all between the ranges of 33-50$CAD last week, hoping that if i broke it up that it could slip by customs... for their black friday sale (today) I was going to place a large order of 200$... then I found out they switched to DHL. I've completely cleared my tote and now expect to get charged on all 3 of my nastygal delivers.

The sneaky truth is that if you see any company use DHL as their delivery service. RUN FAR AWAY.

Update on my 3 packages coming soon... though I suspect it won't be good news.

11/28/13

Items does not look/feel as good as the image, so beware! I used to shop a lot from them at one point, and returned most of them with disappointment. I have since stopped buying anything from them. I agree when someone mentioned that their style is very slutty. The price point is also very high considering the disappointment i received. The customer service is just okay, they are responsive, although sometimes could take forever to reply. Not sure how it is now, as I have never shop there anymore.

11/27/13

I was very angry to find out my order had to pay $43.18 of taxes to pick up my packages!! (I'm in Canada btw) Beware of the hidden fees! I regret and i feel ripped off.

it means I wasted $15shipping fee+$43.18=$58.18 for a an order that is only $99 :(

11/24/13

i TRIED to order a dress and the site wouldn't let me order anything - kept getting an "error". I order with this card from LITERALLY EVERYWHERE - dollskill, solestruck, asos. com ,blackmilkclothing etc etc and i've never EVER had a problem with placing an order.
Then i called for some help but no luck. they couldn't do anything , s o i didn't order. ridiculous

11/23/13

HORRIBLE, if only I could give negative stars.
Usually, I am a patient shopper. But this site will not allow me to return my orders! I have contacted customer care multiple times for the PAST FEW WEEK and I have not yet received any response!

What good is online shopping if you can not be reassured by the return policy? Nasty Gal is pretty much a bulls**t site with a bulls**t return policy. I got ripped off a fat sum of money because they do not respond in customer care although I keep getting redirected to customer care when I try to return my order.

If you want to pay for horribly inaccurate sizings and product descriptions WITHOUT the comfort of a secure return policy, then this is definitely the site for you!

blowing away money in the wind will pretty much sum up your shopping experience here.

11/14/13

I was just browsing through this website. Looks like Forever21 clothing (which I am a BIG fan of) for BeBe prices. SO RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/13/13

this website totally sucks, i do not recommend buying from them
the materials of the clothes are pretty fkn cheap despite how expensive it is.
the clothes don't even have a nastygal tag on it, it's like they got it from some cheap clothes store.

11/7/13

I dont know why this website gets such bad reviews, every experience i've had through nasty gal has been a positive one. only once have i received something that was wrongly labeled in size. i am not a tiny little thing like the models or a lot of the girls that shop on the website, but i shop for items i know will flatter my figure, and i know which items will not. everybody complaining clearly needs to accept the size that they are. moreover, ive had great experiences with customer service, returns and refunds. also, the quality of the clothes i receive is exactly what i expect. its certainly not designer quality but it is what i pay for. if youre expecting top notch then order clothes nasty gal offers from other brands, like for love and lemons. pricey, but quality. i am head over heels in love with their trends, really things you cant find absolutely anywhere else unless you want to clean out your wallets.

11/1/13

Although this site had many negative review I still decided to order items from this site. Overall, the quality of the fit of the product once you actually receive it in the mail is a total toss up. The sizes and fit are inconsistent in comparison to what they look like on the model and what they suggest on the size chart. In US sizes, I am a zero or 24 in jeans, x-small in everything else. 5' 1" and 100 lbs. My dress sizes even between different brands rarely changes. I got leggings that were a small, though they suggested that I should be wearing an xx-small. Good thing I didn't listen cause the small fit great (although the model who is like a foot taller than me was supposedly wearing the same size...). I ordered a sweatshirt. Got an x-small. WAY too big. ?? Then, I got a dress in xx-small. The model was supposedly wearing a small. I tried the x-small and I literally couldn't even get my arms in. So, I returned that for store credit and ordered the same dress in a small, two whole sizes up from what they suggested I get. Yeah, still REALLY tight AND there were rips in the dress clearly from other poor suckers who had tried it on and stretched the crap out of it cause there is absolutely no stretch to the fabric. They also still had the capacity to send me a ripped dress. I noticed the damage before I even tried it on. There is absolutely no way the model was wearing a small in the picture. And now, they are out of stock of this dress, and I have to take a picture of the damage and return it AGAIN and I bet they'll only give me store credit. Honestly, they have such cute stuff on the site but you're taking a huge risk by spending your money here. The sizes and quality are very inconsistent, plus it's definitely not cheap. Also, if you want to get your money back they will charge you a 5.99 processing fee or only give you store credit (once again forcing you to take a risk on ordering something from their site again). I don't know if I trust the site enough to order from it again.

10/23/13

I ordered a bodysuit and a floral skirt for the first time on this site. I was really excited to receive them and to my dismay the quality of the items were not the same as represented in their online representation. The fabric of the skirt was stiff like a piece of plywood and my order clearly stated a S, yet they ship me a XXS! The bodysuit was even worst. The fabric kept riding up on the sides of the slit cut-out. And be aware as there are no return or exchanges for body suit! Most horrible experience ever and will NEVER shop here again.

10/23/13

I think I can top your stories.

I ordered sale items. I went to pay, there was a server error page when I went to complete the order. Weird. So I go to my order history page, and the order had gone through so I was happy. LUCKILY I decided to check it, and they CHANGED the price to about 40$ MORE than I agreed to.

They had taken two things off sale. Never asked me, told me, or requested my permission to charge my card for more than I originally agreed to. And when I finally got a hold of someone she blamed me for not refreshing my shopping cart and would not honour the sale price I had originally agreed to pay.
Is that not illegal? Charging more than the customer agreed to pay?

Literally the most ridiculous shopping experience I have ever had.
I've purchased from them before, unless you are buying a brand off of them (like Unif) don't expect the quality to match their preciously edited pictures. Hence why I only bother will sale stuff now.

10/22/13

In a single website, I can buy the newest trends of clothes, shoes, accessories, bathing suits, and even lingerie. This easy to shop website has what seems like an infinite amount of possibilities for outfits. They also sell vintage clothing. Scrolling through Nasty Gal is one of my favorite things in the world.
My experiences using Nasty Gal’s website for my online shopping needs have always been so wonderful. The website is extremely organized with many different sections. With two clicks I can look at shorts, tank tops, dresses, accessories, or whatever it is I’m in the market for. Their easy to follow categories allow me to quickly switch from their “What’s New” section to their sales or even their “look books,” which provide a sneak peak of their upcoming outfits.
The website is extremely user friendly. They provide a live chat option where shoppers can instant message with someone from the website who is there to help 24/7. There is never any waiting. They answer questions in a clear and concise way, even giving certain links to take the shopper exactly where she needs to go within the site in a matter of a few minutes. While scrolling through the different choices, passing the cursor over an item gives different views and angles of the item. The best part is, no clicking involved. The site appeals to an international cliental. It offers the website in over 10 different languages and currencies. Also NastyGal provides shipping all over the world. A new outfit can be bought wherever I travel.
Their clothes are insanely cute and they have the latest trends. The style of clothing mostly appeals to the 17 – 25 year old range of girls. I recently bought an ivory colored floral print top that matches all of my basic shorts, skirts, and pants. It is understandable that some may see the site as being geared towards a smaller figure because most of the clothes tend to be skimpy and revealing; however, the site provides clothing suitable for all figures. The clothes run true to size and every time a shopper clicks on an item, they give an easy-to-follow sizing chart. Sizing typically runs from XXS – L but like all women’s clothing, no two pieces fit the same, which is why they provide a great sizing chart, giving the exact measurements according to the sizes.
Along with the sizing chart, they give a full description of the model that includes: her height, what size she’s wearing, and the exact measurements of the item she’s wearing. My favorite part of this website is the “Get the Look” option. With this resource, I can click on the item I like, and it provides a one-stop shop for the matching bottoms, tops, accessories, and shoes to complete the outfit.
Their prices range on average from $30 - $100. Although they do offer higher end items such as real leather jackets in the $300-$500 range, these tend to be the exception. All the apparel is reasonably priced for the quality of the product. The clothes do not tear or fade, and they last a very long time.
Their sales are phenomenal, offering more than fifty percent off sometimes. Sales only last for about three days but are offered periodically throughout the year. Sometimes they’ll even have $100 dresses for only $20. With these steals shoppers don’t have to wait until they save up for the items they want.
Shipping comes free on orders of $75 or more, or it’s an $8 charge for expedited shipping (1-3 business days) – a relatively low price compared to other clothing websites. Their orders always arrive on time, and they send you confirmation shipping and delivery email alerts just incase any mistakes were made. They package each clothing item in a small plastic bag, and then ship it tight and organized all together to avoid order separation.
Returns are made simple and easy with a step-by-step guide included in every purchase for return items, along with a return label. There is not a shipping charge for returns unless shipping was free, in which case they deduct half the amount of the cost of shipping from the return. A way around this is to request store credit, and no money is deducted from the return. One negative is that they do not do direct exchanges if something does not fit. The shopper has to repurchase the item.
Overall, my positive experience with Nasty Gal has made me recommend it to all of my friends. Each of us receives a 10-dollar off coupon when we share our fabulous finds with other potential customers. As you can see, this is a great clothing website. You should definitely check it out for yourself.

10/21/13

TOTAL RIPOFF. I ordered a scarf, pictured on the site worn as an infinity scarf. When I recieved it , its just a piece of cloth thats not long enough to even be a regular scarf. Their return policy is a total RIPOFF as well; you can either get store credit or only partial credit- a $5.99 handling fee! What a joke. I'm livid. Terrible customer service, horrible quality of products. Never shopping here again.

10/10/13

Just shop somewhere else...returned a dress that was too small, ordered larger size, shipping was fast...BUT, getting your money back is not a guarantee. I was told my return package had night lights in it, not a dress. Not possible. They actually asked me on the phone and in an email if I wanted them to ship night lights back to me. I called several times to see what was up, they were not going to give me my money back until they investigated what was going on in their warehouse, then I received an email saying that my shipment was cancelled and that my credit card would not be charged....ummm my shipment happened 2 weeks ago, and I was charged back then! I will say, every girl that I spoke to on the phone was very very nice, this was not their fault, just really a bizzare company. Finally, 8 days later, I just received notification that my money is being refunded. We shall see....by the way, I figure I have now paid about $75 for a dress that was maybe worth $20

10/8/13

If I could, I rate this site ZERO stars. I'm currently on my 5th return in a row with them...stemming all from an original order I made 3 months ago. They keep giving me store credit, and so I keep buying things that don't work out. Why don't they work out? Because there representation of their products is, as said below, MISLEADING. I'm guessing because of their background as an ebay vintage store, they use the ole ebay trick of pinning clothes to models and having the models hide design imperfections in pictures...aka, an unflattering tent dressed is pinned to look more chic and fitted...a faux pocket on a sweater is hidden by a model's hand, so one can't tell that it has an odd and bulky fit...and no where does it mention these attributes in the description. Perhaps, I'll check the user comments and reviews to see how an item fits first...OH WAIT, THEY DON'T HAVE THIS FEATURE ON THEIR SITE. They know exactly what they're doing. If you don't like the design of the products you sell, then maybe it's time to fire your buyer instead of selling $#*! that doesn't look like it does on your site.

About NastyGal