US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marieannad

All the information they have on me is false including the name. (in 24 reviews)

jennifert21

I saw about 50 more people with my same name, date of birth and people that I knew! (in 29 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

doloresd7
5/19/16

Gets you to sign up on the pretense of being able to cancel at any time ,,,,,but will not refund your money ,,,179.00 ,,,,,but you can cancel ,,,no refund ,,,,makes you think your only being charged 14.95 per month and can cancel at anytime ,,,,wrong and dishonest

davidp231
4/27/16

I looked at the info they had on me and determined that some of it is for two men in the city I live in who have the same first and last name as me, but different middle names. Moreover, the information about me is so old that among other things it has the wrong area code, one that ceased to serve my city more than fifteen years ago!

kerstinb2
4/19/16

I thought I would try it for the introductory offer of $9.99 but changed my mind the same day and called and canceled my membership. Now I have a charge for $119 on my visa. I called about it and was put on hold for 30 minutes while they looked for "a recording of the call that I made". I hung up and called back. They said they could offer me one month for $29.99. I told her absolutely not. I told her to cancel my account. She said there was no way to do that. I told her I would report them to the better business bureau. She said they will cancel my account and refund the money. They gave me a confirmation number and said it would be done in 24 hours. It better be refunded to my visa within 24 hours!!! They are HORRIBLE.

dr898
3/10/16

no go away

kristiana1
2/23/16

Watch out people, do not fall into this trap, do not sign up, do not link your name, do nothing, do not pay the $14.95, it's non refundable period....all they do is spam you with 1,000 of emails without your permission, you request to have the stop and they still send them to you. They give you a review and not even the top star review. They don't know you, why would they review you as a person. Really, there are so many of these scam sites on the internet that preys on us to see if we want to find out what is on the internet about us. It said I was on 50 plus websites and I needed to pay $29.99 a month to get them to work on removing them, I'm not paying for something that can't be reversed, once your on a site, your there. The only way you get off of a website is update whatever that information is and change it to something else and then deactivate it so it can have whatever information you want it to say. So don't be fooled, this is another trick to take your hard earned money. I though let me see my own background check, nope more money...i mean it probably would have racked up about a few hundred dollars and you can pay a service $50 period and have one done if you want to find out everything there is, but they can only find out so much. Most people utilize the internet to find stuff on people. For the most part, they had so many people with my same name added to my information that it was just a bunch of junk....

Tip for consumers: They do not have 24 hour support. They only have Monday-Friday service 8:30-5pm PST, be aware and warned before you throw your money away...scary...

mariay12
2/14/16

I have started a petition asking for MyLife to be completely shut down. You can read my story and sign the petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/557/560/063/shut-down-mylife.com-fraudulent-and-deceptive-billing-practices/

I need all the signatures I can get. The letter will be sent out to 19 different places - news media, state representatives and senators, attorney general, and consumer agencies. I am also asking for an in-depth investigation of Jeff Tinsley, CEO.

trishm10
1/22/16

I never gave this company permission to share my personal Information. Than they want to charge you to remove it??
What kind of scam is this??

fauzias
1/9/16

I have been charged $170 for NEVER using their services! I keep getting emails from them telling me there is one man and two women doing background checks on me. To be very honest, I have no reason to worry about my background check because I haven't done anything I wouldn't want others finding out about. I need my money back, please - I'm currently unemployed due to an illness - have mercy on me - I'm already hand to mouth, I cannot afford to be scammed off $170!

kans2
12/14/15

showing out of dates records very upset with the company

kellym125
12/4/15

This site doesn't do anything but take your money. They didn't send or show me anything. All is does is send you to another site to pay again but they are quick to take your money. Make sure to call and cancel

Worst ever, don't know how this site can stay online and scam more people. SAD!!

bradb48
11/16/15

Why do they offer a one dollar trial for 7 days but keep hitting for money for every little result or upgrade. This is a total rip off I advise everyone not to use this. And I want my money back! This is the most fraudulent site I have ever been on. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

Tip for consumers: Stay off total rip of don't let them drag you like me. I'm you're it it. Please take heed.s

peggyw11
11/12/15

How do you take family members that not mine off my name on mylfe. I do not know the people like Germani R Hill, Wanda Lopez Washington?

gingerb6
10/28/15

My life buys personal info. It is a company who is profiting from private info. The info they buy was not provided by the individual to be sold. It solely was to purchase or make inquiry and despite what these sites say they are profiting form your personal details Does Jeffrey tinsley ceo have his home address and phone listed. does any employee of my life list their private addresses and phone number

robertw187
10/17/15

Your ratings are rock bottom so that tells me something isn't right about your company. Will check with BBB also and see what they have to say.

markd112
10/9/15

I don't know who these people are but they put public information up about me and asking me to pay to take it down. They put searches on child-hood friends I want nothing to do with making me out to be some sick stalker, asking me to review people I've not seen in decades. wish everyone at this company would either leave me alone or die in a fire.

colbyr5
10/4/15

This site should be shut down. don't waste your time.

jr125
9/15/15

The dude that operates this site is a total scam artist. Him and his scammers should be removed from the net. He posts things on the net about you so you pay him to remove the crap he posted about you. I tried his service, but with no results. They told me everything would be removed from the net in 4 weeks, and was not. I called them and they told me it actually takes 6 weeks. I waited the other two weeks to give them the benefit of doubt. It still wasn't removed from the web. I called them back and she told me to give them another six weeks. I got sick and tired of being lied to, and insisted on a refund. Actually, I received my refund with no arguments.
This guy rates you a 7.5 when he has no idea who you really are. What a jerk! This site favors liars and scam artists! Years ago they would let people write about their lives and others in it. My x did that crap to me, and tried to make her self look good, but in real life she had her children taken from her for neglect! The net is nothing but a joke when the government lets people like this do what they want! There is no more to say about this kind of crap, except it makes me fell sick to my gut what dirt balls can get away with.

marieannad
6/11/15

For years I was ignoring the threatening emails from MyLife for I was certain it was scam. I am shocked to know that this harmful organization is taken for real and is still functioning. All the information they have on me is false including the name. I have never signed with MyLife and I have never used the name they connect me with. There is no saying how much damage they have already done not only to me, but other people as well.

bobbyj19
5/24/15

Never signed up for it, but the funny thing is they act like they will protect your privacy, but then reveal your location to anyone doing a web search. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell people's information.

paulf60
4/13/15

There so bad they are now banned from offering there services in the U.K. Which means every IP gas blocked there site. Pity they can't bloke the emails to.

jackj54
4/11/15

Offered a free 7 day trial and still charged me 15$ when I cancelled my account!

charlest37
3/6/15

These jackasses are just scammers and sub-humans. They sent a scare-tactic laden email to an elderly neighbor of mine and he called me to help him. I told him to stay away from them, just put any and every thing then send into the JUNK file. I then notified the FTC and the FBI. They have been known by at least 3 other names, and when a company changes their name 3+ times in 12 yrs. there is something VERY wrong. OH, just know that the information they are referring to, is information that is out there even if you have never used a computer, never been online. The white pages and yellow pages of the phone books are online, and that should tell you something; There is always some con-artist out there and as soon as one goes down, there are thousands more to take their place.

Tip for consumers: Don't reply, don't unsubscribe (when you do, you verify that there is indeed a person with the email address and name they are fishing for), just junk it, and, if you feel like it, inform the FTC and the FBI (I know from personnel experience that both go after these jerks!) Be safe people :)

robertt61
3/4/15

I discovered I had been charged $95.40 from MyLife today. All I've ever done was look at the site and filled out their required information to do so. So, I called the 888 number and spoke to Sherill. Poor English and probably not here in the U.S. After listening to her for a few minutes and understanding about 1/3 of what she was saying, I stopped her and demanded the charge be reversed. She continued, telling me that I could cancel after the year is over and there would be no further charges. Not acceptable. I finally had to ask her to listen carefully to me for a moment and once again demanded that the charge be reversed. Sherill then said she would place me on hold and asked me to 'hold on.' Only a few moments passed when she came back on, saying that she could modify my charge, stop any further renewal (which I never had before!) and charge for only a month, then reimburse me for $79.45. I asked her why I would want a month of service when I didn't want it at all! Sherill said that was all she could do. So, after NOT authorizing a charge with MyLife, they keep $15.05 for something I don't want. Absurd. DO NOT deal with MyLIfe unless you want them to control your money. I was told an e-mail would be sent to me outlining everything. We'll see.

jenb26
3/3/15

MyLife is total corruption. You have to enter your info to create a profile, then they pass your info on to MORE sites, thus worsening your exposure.

F'ed up.

judithh4
2/20/15

They try to scare you with "exposed" data and first names of people who are searching for you in order to get you to subscribe.

They even sent me a notice that I was being "viewed" by my DEAD HUSBAND!!!!
And that I could "contact him" for 50% regular price!!!

Tip for consumers: Just DON'T do it!

fredf26
1/26/15

Ignorance is Bliss, but Bliss can be expensive.
Please try and understand that your personal information is out there, even if you never had a computer and never touched the internet, there is still a huge amount of public information available, to anyone.
I feel sorry for folks that get scammed by companies such as this, but try to understand the internet before entering into any monetary transaction.
They are not local to you, they may not even be bound by laws of our nation. They can be anywhere and do practically whatever they want. You wouldn't hand some stranger money at your front door would you? Hand them your credit card information? Why in the world would you do that on the internet? Emotional knee jerk reaction.

Tip for consumers: You wouldn't hand some stranger money at your front door would you? Hand them your credit card information? Bank info? Why in the world would you do that on the internet?

robertg83
12/12/14

This is a f@#king scam to get your money by gathering information and offering to charge you money to remove the information. I've got our team of attorneys looking into this.

MyLife is a SCAM! I never signed up or anything!

Tip for consumers: MyLife is a SCAM! I never signed up or anything!

sl227
12/5/14

I don't understand why Kim DotCom is in jail and the people at MyLife are not. This should be illegal.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

krisp22
11/16/14

Out of nowhere I get an email saying my identity & personal information are out in the Web & as a registered member (um, I NEVER joined! ) I can click & delete my personal info. I searched the site & found that they will not delete any info without a payment- SCAM!

deee1
11/4/14

Unfortunately I didn't scan for reviews before joining as I was in a somewhat grief stricken state. I just found out that a friend from HS who I'd been trying to locate was actually deceased. The ONLY reason that I joined was to reach out to her parents in a non-intrusive way since I don't know the details and it happened almost 18 years ago. I cancelled immediately and hopefully won't have to fight with their billing dept. I've already disabled the automatic renew so fingers crossed. What jerks. I am more than happy to get the word out that they're crap. You have been warned!!!

keithp21
10/7/14

Can you give a negative? If so they would get it, they found someone who I could telephone tomorrow but instead I thought I would email today, Two paragraphs over $70. they can, well you get it.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time

stevep69
9/27/14

they are scammers and they s*ck!

zero stars

weslocom
8/11/14

I don't know how they got a bunch of my personal info. I certainly didn't type it in. Phone, address and family names. Not cool, not sure how I can get it removed either.

ls46
7/12/14

Made me give them my personal information pretending it would allow me to get in touch with someone, then wanted money for it. Now they have my information! They know where they can go :)

kevins71
6/30/14

Terrible service sends you all this info about someone searching for you but won't let you sign up for anything less than a 3 months. Then when you do sign up you can't see what you are looking for and you have to get another subscription. This site will cost you a fortune. If you sign up on line you have to call in to cancel. Then you get put on forever hold and they won't cancel your account. Only the automatic renewal. I should have searched first but I thought I had remembered doing this in the past. So either they are no longer reputable or I don't remember them being such a dishonest website. Stay away!

nataliev4
4/8/14

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR MYLIFE.COM! They say $7.95 monthly and then charge you $95.40 without the disclaimer that it is non-refundable. I just got off the phone with them and they refused to give me back my money even though I paid for the account 5 minutes earlier - good thing I checked my bank otherwise I never would have known. Also, I did not get access to a damn thing - all of the info I had to "upgrade" to access. FURIOUS.

Where can I join the class action suit???

daver49
3/21/14

Seriously are you guys stupid. This is a site that claims to protect you from having your information spread around the internet - and also barracks you with emails about signing up for social network sites.

Why the flying f*** would you sign up for social network sites if you wanted your footprint removed from the internet.

PMSL laughing at the response to my review from "Brandon" the MYLIFE representative inviting me to get into contact - If I wanted to talk to weasels I would take a trip to my local zoo :-)

Clearly a scam - it appears that I have Margaret from Manchester searching for me :-) I have never been to Manchester and don't know anyone called Margaret, I never realised I was that famous :-)

levettab
3/21/14

This site is a scam. The 7.95 per month rate is charged for a full year at once and you won't find any information that you are looking for. PLEASE DON'T GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR MONEY. IM JOINING THE CLASS ACTION SUIT

johnw194
3/14/14

I recently got scammed by these guys. A class action lawsuit was just filed over against MyLife, and I'm thinking about joining it –

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Vertrue, MasterCard, MyLife.com, Oak Investment, and Others Regarding Allegedly Fraudulent “Membership" Fees for Bogus "Savings Clubs"

Lawsuit claims that Defendants profit from charging consumers fraudulent fees for savings club “memberships”

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 13, 2014

Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Vertrue, Inc., Adaptive Marketing, LLC, Velo Holdings, MasterCard International, Inc., MyLife.com, Inc., and Oak Investment Partners. The suit states that Vertrue partners with MyLife.com and other deceptive online businesses to trick consumers into unknowingly joining Vertrue’s “consumer savings clubs.”

According to the lawsuit, most club “members” never make use of their savings club “memberships” and cancel their subscriptions immediately upon learning of the fraudulent charges. According to the lawsuit, MasterCard earns fees by processing Vertrue’s charges while knowing they are fraudulent and processing such plainly illegitimate charges violates MasterCard’s agreements.

The lawsuit further states that Vertrue’s parent company, Velo Holdings, and MyLife.com’s investor-owner Oak Investment Partners, which invested $25 million in MyLife in 2007, also participate in Vertrue’s improper practices. The case, Chi v. Vertrue, Inc., et al., was filed in the United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, on February 28, 2014 and has been given case number 1:14-cv-00614-TWT.

The lawsuit proposes a class action on behalf of all consumers nationally who have been harmed by these practices.

The new complaint alleges that Vertrue’s “savings clubs,” administered by its subsidiaries such as Adaptive Marketing, LLC, include At Home Rewards, At Home Rewards+, BusinessMax, Cross Country Savings, DealMax, Home Savings Mall, Food and Flix, Getaway and Save, Leisure Exclusives, My Great Deals, Passport to Fun, Passport to Fun+, SavingsAce, SavingSmart, Shopping Essentials, Shopping Essentials+, Simply You, Today’s Escapes, Today’s Escapes+, ValueMax, and Your Savings Club.

The lawsuit states that when consumers purchase goods and services from MyLife.com and Vertrue’s other online partners they encounter confusing, obscured ads for Vertrue’s “savings clubs.” Consumers click through these ads without realizing that they have accidentally “joined” one of Vertrue’s clubs, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also states that consumers who accidentally join Vertrue’s clubs are charged recurring monthly fees of $20 or more until they affirmatively cancel their “memberships.” Vertrue’s entire business model is based around this deceptive practice, and Vertrue’s co-conspirators, including MasterCard, knowingly facilitate and profit from Vertrue’s fraudulent activities. The lawsuit states that MasterCard approves such unauthorized charges, and profits from them, even though this violates MasterCard’s own rules regarding protection of private customer credit card data.

The suit asserts that the other Defendants are vital to the improper billing scheme. First, Vertrue transmits a consumer’s credit card data to the related credit card network, which the complaint alleges was MasterCard. MasterCard verifies the consumer’s identity and, the lawsuit states, analyzes the transaction to determine whether it is fraudulent. MasterCard transmits the relevant data to the cardholder’s issuing bank which, if it authorizes the charge, sends a verification message to MasterCard, which then informs the issuing bank that the charge has been authorized, according to the suit. The suit claims that the issuing bank then informs Vertrue of the authorization, at which point the purchase is completed and the issuing bank and MasterCard subsequently “clear” and “settle” all of Vertrue’s charges for that day, at which point the illicitly obtained funds are sent to Vertrue. The suit contends that all the Defendants are well aware of the illegal scheme, but they nonetheless participate in order to obtain substantial transaction fees.

Vertrue is a subsidiary of Velo Holdings, an investment group also named as a Defendant in the lawsuit, that acquired Vertrue in 2007. According to the lawsuit, Velo and Oak Investment, MyLife.com’s senior investor-owner, were fully aware that Vertrue’s business model relied on consumer fraud when they acquired their positions in these online companies. The suit asserts that these investors nevertheless controlled, participated in, and profited from Vertrue and MyLife for years while doing nothing to curb the companies’ highly illegal business practices.

If you have unknowingly joined one of Vertrue’s savings clubs and wish to discuss this action, or if you have any questions concerning this press release, please contact Webb, Klase & Lemond by e-mail at contact@WebbLLC.com or by calling (770) 444-9325. Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC is a law firm that practices complex litigation with a focus on litigation arising from wrongful deprivations by corporate and government entities.

jennifert21
2/24/14

Creepy. I saw about 50 more people with my same name, date of birth and people that I knew! I put my pic on there but I think I am going to remove my profile..plus I heard it is a scam to get you out of your money! They're not getting my pennies! Ha ha

concernedp
1/30/14

They used to be very responsive about removing your info if you called them and requested to be opted out. Recently, they've started posting people's info on other people's profiles who have the same last name. When you call to try to get your info off someone else's page, they tell you they're having difficulties removing it and it will take a while (and refuse to tell you how long). So far, it's been 3 weeks and the info has not been removed, despite there being a documented safety issue involved. If you have had a similar experience (or other opt out problems with this website), please let the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse know so that they can approach the FTC about this issue: https://www.privacyrights.org/complaint (I am not affiliated with them but know they're trying to do something about this.)

chasd9
12/30/13

SCAM to get your $$. Was told I would see a profile of the person who I was looking for and given the option of sending an email to that person instead. I was charged for the entire year at a discounted rate. I did call the next business day for a refund and was told that they would downgrade my package to 6 months but they could not and would not refund anything more, per their policy.

To sum up…not the product they propose to be, not customer focused and does not have good business ethics.

so2274
12/27/13

Same story: charging for more than we expected. Called them and threatened them I would dispute charges with CC. They offered 6 mo refund on yearly subscription. I pushed harder and had them reverse all charges. Too soon to see if they followed through. Total Scumbags.

davide39
11/18/13

I joined Mylife to take advantage of said services so unaware of what was about to happen to me I foolishly gave them my debit card number, social security number and personal information. I paid for the websites services and upgraded my account in several different offers of service. The next day I tried but failed to log in I could not access the site or an services that I paid for I could not find any record of my given email address to access my account. I looked up my name on the site and it is listed with my personal information that I gave them during my application to join. I recommend staying clear of this site because as of now they have my debit card information, birth date, social and other information that can give them the tools to make me a victim of identity theft! This website stole from my bank account and is 100% fraudulent and illegal in their business practices. If you would like to know more information on this incident contact me at securityaz@outlook.com my name is David.

stevew68
8/15/13

For safety on the internet, I use multiple avatars. I have never searched for nor signed up for anything on mylife.com, so they should not have my avatars' e-mail addresses, but there a growing number of people that mylife.com claims "know" my avatars and want to re-connect with them.

Pure BS!

The simple solution is to for them to be blacklisted and blocked by honest ISPs.

joa843
8/12/13

This is a total scam. I signed up for it with the purpose of removing a picture that was posted under my name. A few minutes later after signing up, all my information became public. They just made my life more public contrary to what I signed up for.

all1067
3/14/13

Mylife.com states that i have a relationship with a woman who in actuality committed a theft of my wifes identity. This site should be shut down!!!!!! or prosecuted!!!!!!

aprild4
12/31/12

Beware of MyLife.com. Linked in should NOT be promoting this site! I did 2 "free" searches months ago, which gave no info without $. They notified me several times that people were searching for me, so, I signed up for what I thought was a $7.95 fee per month to see. It was a scam. No one was looking for me. When I called to complain & ask for my money back, they told me that someone may have been searching for my name, but that they could have deleted the search. I told them this was a scam and wanted a refund. Although I had signed up less than 5 minutes earlier, they tried to tell me that I had used their services - they were referring to my free searches several months ago. I called fraud, so they then told me they could only refund six months of fees. That was when I found out that they had billed me $95.40 for all twelve months, although their ad said $7.95 a month. When I told them that this was fraud, & refused to accept a charge for 6 months of service I didn't want,the lady told me she could do nothing else. So I demanded to speak with a supervisor. She must have thought I couldn't add, because she offered to refund all but 3 months, but said they would have to charge me the higher premium of $15.95 per month! So they were still keeping six months worth of premiums, but were now offering 3 months worth of service in exchange. I refused & insisted on a full refund. So the supervisor offered all but 1 month's premium back-at the $15.95 a month fee (so she was going to charge for 2 months but give only 1 month of service). When I refused and asked to speak to a higher level supervisor, she said there was no one available & offered the mailing address of the CEO. I allowed her to refund all but that supposed 1 month, actually 2 month fee, with the repeated stipulation that I was not agreeing to this as a settlement & that that the company was acting fraudulently. I am now going to pursue recourse through my credit card company.

jeffreyt6
11/24/12

Jeffery Tinsley the CEO of mylife.com is using people’s information unlawfully to make money. In my case, a young man came to my house prior to my name being on Jeffery Tinsley’s mylife. He told me he was from the census bureau. I gave him my information. He asked me who else lived in the house and for their information and names etc. I gave him the sequence of my birthdate incorrect. Shortly after, I found my name with that incorrect birth date exactly on the mylife.com website. In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. Look at this guy on LinkedIn. What I smart ass smile you greedy $#*!. I know young entrepreneurs in California are really excited about making money from their stupid little website projects after facebook. But how can these sneaky stupid greedy little $#*!heads like Jeffery Tinsley steal people’s information on such a massive scale and sell it. I can’t believe this website is still running. Jeffery Tinsley YOU SUCK and should be in jail.

chrisl29
9/18/12

Mylife is a scam, a rip off do not put your info in the boxes because they will sell you out and rip you off. THEY SUCK

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MyLife staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
10/10/15
Add your answer
10/10/15
Answer
daver49
A: Newflash - your ISP IT dept wont care neither will your government IT - unfortunately organisations like this thrive due to the obsession with facebook and dire organisations such as that - everyone is desperate to have "friends" the more they have the more their self esteem is boosted. How many people do you know who have 600 "friends" on Facebook and have met none of them.

My Life feeds on this "friends" frenzy - personally I believe if you are dumb enough to sign up to a random site then you deserve to lose your money
10/24/15