US Government's NSF

▼ Sort by: recent

michellec28
New Reviewer
8/4/12

As pointed out in the article one person linked, all previous accounts have been removed along with all the data associated with those accounts. Mine was one of these accounts. Learning that things have changed hands, I am no longer trusting of what will be done with the data submitted.

myselff
New Reviewer
5/1/11

Copyright is so cheap ($35 for a basic copyright), why would you even bother risking it with a free site?

akemim
Veteran Reviewer
11/4/09

It's not a scam, but it's not registered copyright as in "registered with the copyright office".

It offers you minimal protection, which for some might seem better than none.

MFC started back when they were debating the US gov. was debating the new copyright amendments. In that debate was something about copyright registration becoming a private business, rather than having it run the way the copyright office currently is set up. Costs would be per image (as it is in Canada) rather than per disc full of images. At that point there were some folks thinking ahead and setting up copyright registration "companies" that would apply to be granted status when this was passed, which as far as I know, it never was.

MyFreeCopyright is helpful in that it lets people viewing your work know that you are aware of copyright laws and that the image is copyright protected. You don't need MFC to have copyright to your work.

Registration in the copyright office is required when you file a lawsuit though – at least if you want to recoup as much money as you can, and in that case, MFC registration would be useless.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Myfreecopyright staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: My account has suddenly disappeared from Myfreecopyright. My info is stored so it automatically comes up at login. When I clicked Login a page came up saying my password was wrong. Hmmm. So I tried to change the password......it then said it didn't recognize my email address.
So, I had to start a new account. Used the same email address and password from my original account.

I'd like to know where all those dozens of copyrighted poems went that were on my original account !

Any ideas??
7/7/12
lorenel
A: currently why is there problems changing passwords i usually change all my passwords once or twice a year and now i cant even get into it without having to hit forgot my password to my email box over and over its like it doesnt accept new passwords
3/17/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Myfreecopyright staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Best Online Copyright Resources – Consumers’ Choice