US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mol184

I contacted mpix customer service and told them I'd just like a new print and I can replace it in the frame. (in 14 reviews)

kristir2

I like how mpix will retouch your photos for you and then print them out. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chadt14
3/23/16

I agree completely with Cynithia's review below. I've been using Mpix for many years and have been happy overall with just a few hiccups. 2 weeks ago I placed the largest order I have ever placed (about $800 worth of wall prints). The prints came out inconsistent and not what I ordered. I had very specific proof that it was not my photos but their printing but still they kept trying to put the blame on me even though the proof was irrefutable. Not once did they say "sorry" or apologize for anything. Like Cynthia I hate to agree that if everything works out they are great, but when there is a problem they ultimately fail at helping you resolve it. At this point I have sent back the prints after hounding them for a couple days and been waiting a week with no response from them at all. Way to treat your longtime customers Mpix!
Update - thank you for your reply Matt. And thank you for trying to be understanding of the situation, sometimes that is all that a customer wants. Thanks again.

cynthiak19
3/21/16

I use to love Mpix. I have some amazing photos in my house by going through Mpix. This past week
Is the second time in about two years that I received picture that were not what I paid for. When I tried to get a refund I was basically told to pound sand. They want me to jump through hoops and even pay to have the photos sent back to them. As long as your picture turns out good, then they are good. If they mess up your pictures your in for a long battle to get your money back. Very poor customer service!

whitneys22
3/12/16

I created our wedding photo album with mpix and I WILL be coming back for more. It took me a while to layout all the photos (perfectionist' curse) but from the time I order it to the time it was delivered was barely over 2 days. INCREDIBLE quality of paper and prints and the overall book. I will be recommending mpix.com to all my newlywed friends!

paulb237
3/7/16

Excellent work. Also, the prices are easy on the wallet.

tonyaw10
2/5/16

I ordered some buttons for my son's last home game and they came out great!! I ordered them Wednesday night and had them shipped overnight (found a free shipping code) got them Thursday with no issues! I will be using them again!

lisel7
1/31/16

The pictures are always of pristine quality, arrive promptly, and very carefully packaged. I have nothing but good things to say about Mpix!

shanec37
1/14/16

ordered my wedding photos from mpix and I am very disappointed in their service. Not only were several of my photos cut off but one particular photo that was a little revealing of my wife getting ready was missing from our photos when we got them. I contacted customer service, via email because they didn't have a phone number listed, and the customer service agent, Tom, was extremely condescending and absolutely refused to take responsibility. He kept insisting that the particular photo was never ordered. When I logged back onto the website, sure enough the photo was on there. I wouldn't have uploaded it to the site if I weren't planning to order it. I also clicked "select all" when ordering so I know it was definitely ordered. I went back in forth with Tom several times but he never offered to fix the problem. I will never use this company again.

nicholasb33
12/24/15

I've placed 4 orders with Mpix over the past 2-3 years. Mpix sent me the wrong person's photos on 2 of those for orders.

I recently placed an order for a framed print for a christmas present for a parent. I received the order around 3 days later only to find a giant framed print of some guy's wife and kids--complete with the person's name and address clearly marked on the inside packing.

I frantically tried to contact Mpix (concerned that my print would not arrive in time for christmas) only to find that Mpix does not offer phone support. In fact, they only offer email-based support to save money. Mpix failed to my emails over the next few days but did sent a replacement print overnight.

I received the correct replacement framed print only to find that the white border I selected for the print were missing on 3 of the 4 sides of the print. To add insult to injury, there was a crooked white border visible on the bottom of the print. I'm not sure how anyone could possible have missed such a blatantly obvious quality control issue. I can only assume that they dont have any type of final quality control checks for their framing services.

TLDR: Mpix sent me the wrong person's prints on 2 of my last 4 orders. They ruined a christmas present by shipping a replacement framed print with crooked borders

sallyw26
12/21/15

I did a lot of research in trying to find a new company from which to order 4 by 6 prints, read many reviews, and MPIX sounded like a good one to try. I have 100's of pictures taken on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to New York City, all of which are of high quality and taken with my excellent camera, but wanted to test the waters before jumping into the deep end. Having read all the fine print regarding the company's "Color Correction" option .... including the fact that it is to some degree subjective and dependent on the way a certain person perceives an image, I decided to start by ordering the same 20 prints with and without this option and then make a decision on how to order the rest. Okay first the (only) good thing .... turnaround time was good. (They came by USPS.) And now on to the rest. In the middle of our bad weather season, right before Christmas when a huge amount of mail is being handled, my prints came in rather flimsy cardboard mailers without any indication on the outside that photos were enclosed, "Do Not Bend", or anything to that end. Inside they was no piece of cardboard to protect the photos, and when I tried to removed one set from the mailer I discovered that it was literally "crammed" in to such an extent that many of that set were "bent". There is no way that this damage could have happened without someone having handled the prints very roughly when they put them into the mailer. Next I noticed that there was no indication of which set of prints had been "Color Corrected", but for one brief moment I believed that this should become very obvious in no time .... not so at all! In both sets of prints there are ones where the quality is absolutely horrible and in no way reflects the quality of the photos I took of a vibrant, very colorful Times Square. In both sets there are some that are ridiculously dark, some that are blurry, some strangely colored. Bottom line .... WHAT A MESS!! I don't even know where to begin in dealing with it, but I can't even imagine using MPIX to print my very precious photos.

janes124
10/30/15

Amazing! You actually get to communicate with humans. And they treated us great!

colinr15
10/26/15

They have a horrible film development policy and they're way over priced. Just support your local photo shop, this place has no clue what they're doing and it's a total rip off.

amyu1
10/21/15

I've used Mpix for a few years and have loved the quality of their prints, cards and canvases. Today, I rushed through an order for our Christmas cards because there was a sale expiring. But I uploaded the wrong file. I didn't even realize until after the 30 minutes you have to cancel your order. I emailed customer service, not expecting much because it was my own error. I received an email within minutes and they happily swapped the photos.

daniela137
8/12/15

I have ordered images from most of the online services, and MPIX quality is, in my opinion, the best that I have found. I only use the metallic paper with the luster finish for my prints, so I wouldn't be able to comment on the economy printing. The price is very fair in my opinion, not the cheapest, but cheaper than you would expect for the quality. I am a semi-professional photographer and do all of my own post processing, so I am not really interested in a lot of features on their website. I guess I can see how some people might not be completely satisfied with the site, as it is not as intuitive as some sites, but for my purposes it is easy to upload images and purchase prints.

In a nutshell, my review is based, not upon the website, but upon the quality of the work that they do as well as the turnaround time. To be able to place an order on Monday and get the images on Wednesday morning is fantastic. With expedited shipping at $12.59 I don't see how anyone could complain about that. I would not hesitate to recommend them to my closest friends and family...

jordanr26
7/26/15

I am that person that has to do research on multiple companies before I pull the trigger, on anything really. It was nothing short of that when trying to choose a company to print my professionally taken family pictures. I went to Walmart to have a few printed to see if the color would stay true, definitely not. They turned out dark, grainy and colors were extremely dull. I ended up only keeping 3 out of 18 printed pictures! So then after hearing from a couple friends having used ShutterFly and SnapFish I turned my research to those. There were horrible reviews for both, which obviously turned me away. I started asking friends on FaceBook and someone mentioned MPix, so I checked the reviews. They were significantly better than ShutterFly or SnapFish. So I ordered!
I got 55 4x6's and 2 8x12's. I had them color correct them and they were perfect! I paid $31.36 shipped. Their shipping was surprisingly quick! i ordered them late Sunday evening and received them that Friday.
So, if you're like me and looking for reviews to help you make your decision? Look no further. Order from MPix.com! You will not be disappointed!

jordanb41
6/18/15

I am a professional photographer that has used Mpix a lot in the past and had mostly good results, but 3-4 times I have had to get reprints because of a mistake that should have been caught. Mostly recently, there was some sort of goop on my photos. The way they were packed also ruined the photos because the tape was put on the front of the photos instead of the back. This caused some of the tape to leave residue on the image and in another case pealed off part of the photo. When I contacted their customer service there was no apology, instead I felt accused. I have been a customer of theirs for 5 years and only a few times have had to get a reprint. And still they took the position of guilty until proven innocent. After about 10 emails I finally had to ask for a supervisor and had to ASK FOR AN APOLOGY. Who has to ask a customer service agent for an apology. Ridiculous.

I really expect far more from the Miller Lab (Mpix). I'll be looking for another company to use moving forward.

mol184
5/29/15

I've only used mpix once so far, but I've been hearing about how great they are for years from fellow photographers. I ordered a framed photo for a friend's wedding gift. With shipping costs-- it was pricey, but I knew it'd be something she wouldn't do on her own. The framed photo I received had some scratch lines down the photo. I contacted mpix customer service and told them I'd just like a new print and I can replace it in the frame. In less than two days, I received a whole new frame with a beautiful new photograph. They didn't even want me to send back the old frame! I will definitely use this company again!

kristenk14
4/30/15

This site was very user friendly. My photos uploaded and I was able to choose numerous sizes and features. I opted to add Lustre as it was recommended and I am very pleased with the result. I had an issue with having uploaded a duplicate photo but with a different focus I emailed them, they responded immediately and had me resuming the correct photo. All the customer service reps I communicated with were fantastic! Will definitely use again and again!

laurenf7
3/22/15

I have been a loyal customer of Mpix for over a year now. I have ordered items ranging from digital prints to party invitations to calendars. Recently, I ordered the wrong version of a bridal shower invitation but I didn't notice until the next day. Within 24 hours of emailing customer service, Tom was able to print the correct party invitation which saved me time to re-order and $40.00! I will never buy photography products from another company. Thanks Mpix!

itb2
3/6/15

In all actuality you would probably be better off taking the remaining of my film to walmart!!!!!!
Cost me $35 to view my film than if I wanted it on DVD 100 pics $20 plus the other (4) DVD COST ME $10 each total cost 178 pictures $125 if I would have just paid $10 at Walmart end of story my copies $10 I'm sorry keeping it 100

rachaelw8
2/4/15

The website was not easy to use. I had read it was in a different review. VERY expensive, I haven't receive my pictures yet but they better be amazing for what I paid! I will not go here again.

dannek
12/26/14

Worst customer service ever! Do not order from this place. I had an issue with the quality of some of my prints, you are supposed to send an email with the issue and the number of the print along with the person who printed them. No response. No phone number. Finally, after several emails, I received a response, was told I needed to mail them back. Fine, I mailed them back, no response until I contacted them. I asked what was going on, was told I would be issued a refund. What? I had asked for the items to be reprinted in email and on the items I returned. I asked for an itemized statement and was told "unfortunately we do not provide this service." What? Save your money and time, don't waste it on Mpix.

charityl2
12/24/14

I ordered prints and they came to me the next day. They were so clear. I have already placed another order. I think the prices are reasonable. I will continue to use this site.

courtneyb33
12/3/14

I ordered some framed photos and they looked great before ordering them. The frame overlapped the picture, but showed that everything was proportional and nothing looked bad on my computer before ordering them. Once I recieved the framed photos in the mail, I was very disappointed to see that my boyfriend's head was completely cut off from the entire picture on each framed photo. I contacted customer service and they told me that frames can overlap and they e-mailed me what I ordered. I was told I can reorder the same print at a discounted price. Why would I want to reorder the same thing that was not what I ordered in the first place? All I wanted was an exchange since Mpix made the mistake! This is horrible customer service and, not only will I never us Mpix again, but I will also let everyone I know about my horrible experience. Now, I have to give these gifts that look rediculous! The only reason I gave Mpix 1 star is because they were so quick to deliver and the framed Art was so well packaged.

annl16
9/24/14

I ordered 20 prints to "test" the quality before sending the other 100+ to them. Half have yellow tinge to them. I checked my originals - no yellow tint. I tried to discuss this with customer service, but the rep who responded to my email acted like he didn't have a clue. I do not recommend this service. There is no phone number and the company doesn't even put their name on their mailer or packing slip. Because of this, I suspect mpix just takes the order and has some type of clearinghouse actually print the orders and mail them out. I doubt mpix has their own lab. This is why the quality and review vary so much.

carolynj5
9/3/14

I sent them vibrant, highly saturated photos. They printed dull, lifeless, washed out photos with highly lacking contrast, color depth, and color saturation. Details also seemed to be blurred in the pictures. To say the prints are lack luster would be an understatement. Comparing them to my prints at other labs the difference was night and day.

After a useless back and forth email session with various customer service reps popping out of the woodwork (they have no phone number), I decided it wasn't worth wasting any more time trying. Even after sending several comparison snapshots that looked dramatically different from the originals, I was told they could see no difference, and to check the calibration on my monitor.... Prints don't lie, and I have printed from many, many labs. None have been this poor.

In a crunch for time (I'd had my Mpix prints shipped 1 day delivery) I printed from a local drugstore... and got great results. I guess that's the silver lining of this horrendous experience. Now I'm debating whether or not to return the photos, as I'm guessing it will only amount to more hassle. Actually, I know it will be more hassle. They don't cover the cost of return shipping, and also don't accept returns on 4x6 prints. You still have to return them though if you want to get a refund on the rest of your prints and original shipping.. Oh, but they offered me a 50 percent discount on color correction... oh joy.

In summation: lifeless and flat prints for some of the highest prices I've seen. Customer service did nothing but try to convince me that I was the one with the problem. Should have read some of the more recent reviews that talk about a decline in quality and saturation. I was lead to order based on the older more positive reviews. I will avoid this lab like the plague and would suggest the same to you.

lloydj2
7/30/14

I used to use Kodakgallery. Then I decided to be cheap and use Snapfish. I'm not sure why Snapfish has such great ratings on the net. Their prints are terrible, cheap paper, weak colors, you get what little you pay for. So I finally decided to try some other place and spend some more money. I gave Mpix a try and have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Their prints are sharp with vivid true colors. They also ship fast and the pictures are very well packaged in cardboard, compared to the cheapo sites which send them in soft envelopes. Absolutely worth the money. I may try some other sites to see how they compare, but unless I find something that is around the same price and better quality, I'll probably stick with Mpix.

aprilh10
5/7/14

I ordered my daughter's senior pictures (2.5 x 3.5 wallet size for her graduation announcements) from Mpix. They're good quality, with vivid color, dye cut with rounded corners, and shipping was fast. Highly recommended!

perryj7
2/18/14

To the review below: It sounds like you submitted your order without allowing Mpix to perform color corrections. If you do so, your order cannot be refunded or reprinted (as is stated on their site and when you actually choose to have the order not color corrected). I know this because I made the same mistake, but when I contacted customer service, they pointed this out to me and it was 100% my own fault in overlooking this. If you did not opt out of color corrections, they WILL ALWAYS reprint at no charge. They will NEVER say they will not reprint.

mewm
1/29/14

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. The quality of the prints I ordered is absolutely terrible and Mpix is unwilling to issue a refund or exchange/credit, despite sending pictures of the items to customer service.

shannonb22
7/12/13

In 2009 and in 2012, I ordered portraits taken by a professional photographer to be printed at mpix.com. The results were beautiful and affordable. In 2013, I ordered portraits again and I was very disappointed. The quality has taken a serious dive. I pulled out one of my portraits from the year before and flipped it over. They used to print on a kodak paper and have gone to a much thinner cloudier fuji paper. The colors were not near as vibrant and the paper was flimsy. The quality now seems to be about that of Sams Club, but the price is significantly higher. They used to be worth the extra money. They were the best value as far as quality for your money. Since the quality has dropped, you'd be better off purchasing through a discount chain because your photos will look about the same and you'll save a good bit of money. Now I'm on the hunt for a new spot to print my portraits.

lisak34
5/27/13

For some reasons, on one part of my son's graduation announcement, it filled in black where white had been. I immediately contacted them and sent a picture of what was wrong. Plus, the paper was some poor quality card stock. They acknowledged their mistake and said they would reprint immediately and send out. However, they then "forgot" over and over again. After a week, I told them to issue me a refund so I could go elsewhere. At this point, they chose to not respond and ignore more. I have had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Never ever use this place! Their product is poor quality, and they obviously have some sort of odd issues that they autofilled in the white with black. And they refuse to fix their own mistakes.

krissys1
1/6/12

The photo I ordered printed blurry, and was not shipped as promised. When I contacted customer support both representatives, asking to be refunded for the extra money I paid to ship it in one business day when it in fact took four, they were demeaning and nasty. The head of customer service actually asked me if I work in a business, then told me that I should know that a business's top priority is to make money. Will never use them again, knowing that if I am not satisfied in the future they will not be helpful.

kristir2
2/17/10

I like how mpix will retouch your photos for you and then print them out. I have friends that know photoshop can get red eyes out and remove wrinkles but it is easier to just have that done by this website and the photos look so much better afterwards.

bobbyk
9/30/09

Found this site here on sitejabber and ordered a few prints. So much better than what I get from costco. Never used a pro print place before and the difference is amazing. I wouldn't bother with your typical throw away prints as the prices are higher but good for the keepers.

sabrad
5/11/09

This is a site that will plan on using in the future. Prices are good and variety of items to purchase are awesome. These items are a great way to show off your work to friends and family.

denniss
3/23/09

Nice Place - Very good site,It has it all and maybe I ll start using it because i love Photograhy,thanks to NATUREBOY Im gonna head back over there......

sherryh
12/31/08

Great photo books - I have ordered the greatest photo books from this site. The quality surpasses the prices. It is so easy .....all you do is download the software (free) and then design your book.....upload....and order. You will receive your order in record time. I have ordered 7 different books and I know I will order more.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Mpix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 month ago
Add your answer
4/3/16
Answer
paulb237
A: Loos to me like the preview is wyswyg. (What you see is what you get.)
4/3/16