US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

13 Reviews for Mpix.com

▼ Sort by: recent

8/29/14

I sent them vibrant, highly saturated photos. They printed dull, lifeless, washed out photos with highly lacking contrast, color depth, and color saturation. Details also seemed to be blurred in the pictures. To say the prints are lack luster would be an understatement.

After a useless back and forth email session with various customer service reps popping out of the woodwork (they have no phone number), I decided it wasn't worth wasting any more time trying. Even after sending several comparison snapshots that looked dramatically different from the originals, I was told they could see no difference, and to check the calibration on my monitor.

In a crunch for time, I printed from a local drugstore... and got great results. I guess that's the surprising silver lining of this horrendous experience. Now I'm debating whether or not to return the photos, as I'm guessing it will only amount to more hassle. Actually, I know it will be more hassle. They don't cover the cost of return shipping, and also don't accept returns on 4x6 prints. You still have to return them though if you want to get a refund on the rest of your order and original shipping.. Oh, but they offered me a 50 percent discount on color correction.... oh joy.

In summation: lifeless and flat prints for some of the highest prices I've seen. Customer service did nothing but try to convince me that I was the one with the problem. I will avoid this lab like the plague and would suggest the same to you.

7/30/14

I used to use Kodakgallery. Then I decided to be cheap and use Snapfish. I'm not sure why Snapfish has such great ratings on the net. Their prints are terrible, cheap paper, weak colors, you get what little you pay for. So I finally decided to try some other place and spend some more money. I gave Mpix a try and have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Their prints are sharp with vivid true colors. They also ship fast and the pictures are very well packaged in cardboard, compared to the cheapo sites which send them in soft envelopes. Absolutely worth the money. I may try some other sites to see how they compare, but unless I find something that is around the same price and better quality, I'll probably stick with Mpix.

5/7/14

I ordered my daughter's senior pictures (2.5 x 3.5 wallet size for her graduation announcements) from Mpix. They're good quality, with vivid color, dye cut with rounded corners, and shipping was fast. Highly recommended!

2/18/14

To the review below: It sounds like you submitted your order without allowing Mpix to perform color corrections. If you do so, your order cannot be refunded or reprinted (as is stated on their site and when you actually choose to have the order not color corrected). I know this because I made the same mistake, but when I contacted customer service, they pointed this out to me and it was 100% my own fault in overlooking this. If you did not opt out of color corrections, they WILL ALWAYS reprint at no charge. They will NEVER say they will not reprint.

1/29/14

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. The quality of the prints I ordered is absolutely terrible and Mpix is unwilling to issue a refund or exchange/credit, despite sending pictures of the items to customer service.

7/12/13

In 2009 and in 2012, I ordered portraits taken by a professional photographer to be printed at mpix.com. The results were beautiful and affordable. In 2013, I ordered portraits again and I was very disappointed. The quality has taken a serious dive. I pulled out one of my portraits from the year before and flipped it over. They used to print on a kodak paper and have gone to a much thinner cloudier fuji paper. The colors were not near as vibrant and the paper was flimsy. The quality now seems to be about that of Sams Club, but the price is significantly higher. They used to be worth the extra money. They were the best value as far as quality for your money. Since the quality has dropped, you'd be better off purchasing through a discount chain because your photos will look about the same and you'll save a good bit of money. Now I'm on the hunt for a new spot to print my portraits.

5/27/13

For some reasons, on one part of my son's graduation announcement, it filled in black where white had been. I immediately contacted them and sent a picture of what was wrong. Plus, the paper was some poor quality card stock. They acknowledged their mistake and said they would reprint immediately and send out. However, they then "forgot" over and over again. After a week, I told them to issue me a refund so I could go elsewhere. At this point, they chose to not respond and ignore more. I have had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Never ever use this place! Their product is poor quality, and they obviously have some sort of odd issues that they autofilled in the white with black. And they refuse to fix their own mistakes.

1/6/12

The photo I ordered printed blurry, and was not shipped as promised. When I contacted customer support both representatives, asking to be refunded for the extra money I paid to ship it in one business day when it in fact took four, they were demeaning and nasty. The head of customer service actually asked me if I work in a business, then told me that I should know that a business's top priority is to make money. Will never use them again, knowing that if I am not satisfied in the future they will not be helpful.

EXPERT
2/17/10

I like how mpix will retouch your photos for you and then print them out. I have friends that know photoshop can get red eyes out and remove wrinkles but it is easier to just have that done by this website and the photos look so much better afterwards.

EXPERT
9/30/09

Found this site here on sitejabber and ordered a few prints. So much better than what I get from costco. Never used a pro print place before and the difference is amazing. I wouldn't bother with your typical throw away prints as the prices are higher but good for the keepers.

Apprentice Reviewer
5/11/09

This is a site that will plan on using in the future. Prices are good and variety of items to purchase are awesome. These items are a great way to show off your work to friends and family.

3/23/09

Nice Place - Very good site,It has it all and maybe I ll start using it because i love Photograhy,thanks to NATUREBOY Im gonna head back over there......

12/31/08

Great photo books - I have ordered the greatest photo books from this site. The quality surpasses the prices. It is so easy .....all you do is download the software (free) and then design your book.....upload....and order. You will receive your order in record time. I have ordered 7 different books and I know I will order more.

The Best Photo Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber