US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mol184

I contacted mpix customer service and told them I'd just like a new print and I can replace it in the frame. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jordanb41
6/18/15

I am a professional photographer that has used Mpix a lot in the past and had mostly good results, but 3-4 times I have had to get reprints because of a mistake that should have been caught. Mostly recently, there was some sort of goop on my photos. The way they were packed also ruined the photos because the tape was put on the front of the photos instead of the back. This caused some of the tape to leave residue on the image and in another case pealed off part of the photo. When I contacted their customer service there was no apology, instead I felt accused. I have been a customer of theirs for 5 years and only a few times have had to get a reprint. And still they took the position of guilty until proven innocent. After about 10 emails I finally had to ask for a supervisor and had to ASK FOR AN APOLOGY. Who has to ask a customer service agent for an apology. Ridiculous.

I really expect far more from the Miller Lab (Mpix). I'll be looking for another company to use moving forward.

mol184
5/29/15

I've only used mpix once so far, but I've been hearing about how great they are for years from fellow photographers. I ordered a framed photo for a friend's wedding gift. With shipping costs-- it was pricey, but I knew it'd be something she wouldn't do on her own. The framed photo I received had some scratch lines down the photo. I contacted mpix customer service and told them I'd just like a new print and I can replace it in the frame. In less than two days, I received a whole new frame with a beautiful new photograph. They didn't even want me to send back the old frame! I will definitely use this company again!

kristenk14
4/30/15

This site was very user friendly. My photos uploaded and I was able to choose numerous sizes and features. I opted to add Lustre as it was recommended and I am very pleased with the result. I had an issue with having uploaded a duplicate photo but with a different focus I emailed them, they responded immediately and had me resuming the correct photo. All the customer service reps I communicated with were fantastic! Will definitely use again and again!

laurenf7
3/22/15

I have been a loyal customer of Mpix for over a year now. I have ordered items ranging from digital prints to party invitations to calendars. Recently, I ordered the wrong version of a bridal shower invitation but I didn't notice until the next day. Within 24 hours of emailing customer service, Tom was able to print the correct party invitation which saved me time to re-order and $40.00! I will never buy photography products from another company. Thanks Mpix!

itb2
3/6/15

In all actuality you would probably be better off taking the remaining of my film to walmart!!!!!!
Cost me $35 to view my film than if I wanted it on DVD 100 pics $20 plus the other (4) DVD COST ME $10 each total cost 178 pictures $125 if I would have just paid $10 at Walmart end of story my copies $10 I'm sorry keeping it 100

rachaelw8
2/4/15

The website was not easy to use. I had read it was in a different review. VERY expensive, I haven't receive my pictures yet but they better be amazing for what I paid! I will not go here again.

dannek
12/26/14

Worst customer service ever! Do not order from this place. I had an issue with the quality of some of my prints, you are supposed to send an email with the issue and the number of the print along with the person who printed them. No response. No phone number. Finally, after several emails, I received a response, was told I needed to mail them back. Fine, I mailed them back, no response until I contacted them. I asked what was going on, was told I would be issued a refund. What? I had asked for the items to be reprinted in email and on the items I returned. I asked for an itemized statement and was told "unfortunately we do not provide this service." What? Save your money and time, don't waste it on Mpix.

charityl2
12/24/14

I ordered prints and they came to me the next day. They were so clear. I have already placed another order. I think the prices are reasonable. I will continue to use this site.

courtneyb33
12/3/14

I ordered some framed photos and they looked great before ordering them. The frame overlapped the picture, but showed that everything was proportional and nothing looked bad on my computer before ordering them. Once I recieved the framed photos in the mail, I was very disappointed to see that my boyfriend's head was completely cut off from the entire picture on each framed photo. I contacted customer service and they told me that frames can overlap and they e-mailed me what I ordered. I was told I can reorder the same print at a discounted price. Why would I want to reorder the same thing that was not what I ordered in the first place? All I wanted was an exchange since Mpix made the mistake! This is horrible customer service and, not only will I never us Mpix again, but I will also let everyone I know about my horrible experience. Now, I have to give these gifts that look rediculous! The only reason I gave Mpix 1 star is because they were so quick to deliver and the framed Art was so well packaged.

annl16
9/24/14

I ordered 20 prints to "test" the quality before sending the other 100+ to them. Half have yellow tinge to them. I checked my originals - no yellow tint. I tried to discuss this with customer service, but the rep who responded to my email acted like he didn't have a clue. I do not recommend this service. There is no phone number and the company doesn't even put their name on their mailer or packing slip. Because of this, I suspect mpix just takes the order and has some type of clearinghouse actually print the orders and mail them out. I doubt mpix has their own lab. This is why the quality and review vary so much.

carolynj5
9/3/14

I sent them vibrant, highly saturated photos. They printed dull, lifeless, washed out photos with highly lacking contrast, color depth, and color saturation. Details also seemed to be blurred in the pictures. To say the prints are lack luster would be an understatement. Comparing them to my prints at other labs the difference was night and day.

After a useless back and forth email session with various customer service reps popping out of the woodwork (they have no phone number), I decided it wasn't worth wasting any more time trying. Even after sending several comparison snapshots that looked dramatically different from the originals, I was told they could see no difference, and to check the calibration on my monitor.... Prints don't lie, and I have printed from many, many labs. None have been this poor.

In a crunch for time (I'd had my Mpix prints shipped 1 day delivery) I printed from a local drugstore... and got great results. I guess that's the silver lining of this horrendous experience. Now I'm debating whether or not to return the photos, as I'm guessing it will only amount to more hassle. Actually, I know it will be more hassle. They don't cover the cost of return shipping, and also don't accept returns on 4x6 prints. You still have to return them though if you want to get a refund on the rest of your prints and original shipping.. Oh, but they offered me a 50 percent discount on color correction... oh joy.

In summation: lifeless and flat prints for some of the highest prices I've seen. Customer service did nothing but try to convince me that I was the one with the problem. Should have read some of the more recent reviews that talk about a decline in quality and saturation. I was lead to order based on the older more positive reviews. I will avoid this lab like the plague and would suggest the same to you.

lloydj2
7/30/14

I used to use Kodakgallery. Then I decided to be cheap and use Snapfish. I'm not sure why Snapfish has such great ratings on the net. Their prints are terrible, cheap paper, weak colors, you get what little you pay for. So I finally decided to try some other place and spend some more money. I gave Mpix a try and have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Their prints are sharp with vivid true colors. They also ship fast and the pictures are very well packaged in cardboard, compared to the cheapo sites which send them in soft envelopes. Absolutely worth the money. I may try some other sites to see how they compare, but unless I find something that is around the same price and better quality, I'll probably stick with Mpix.

aprilh10
5/7/14

I ordered my daughter's senior pictures (2.5 x 3.5 wallet size for her graduation announcements) from Mpix. They're good quality, with vivid color, dye cut with rounded corners, and shipping was fast. Highly recommended!

perryj7
2/18/14

To the review below: It sounds like you submitted your order without allowing Mpix to perform color corrections. If you do so, your order cannot be refunded or reprinted (as is stated on their site and when you actually choose to have the order not color corrected). I know this because I made the same mistake, but when I contacted customer service, they pointed this out to me and it was 100% my own fault in overlooking this. If you did not opt out of color corrections, they WILL ALWAYS reprint at no charge. They will NEVER say they will not reprint.

mewm
1/29/14

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. The quality of the prints I ordered is absolutely terrible and Mpix is unwilling to issue a refund or exchange/credit, despite sending pictures of the items to customer service.

shannonb22
7/12/13

In 2009 and in 2012, I ordered portraits taken by a professional photographer to be printed at mpix.com. The results were beautiful and affordable. In 2013, I ordered portraits again and I was very disappointed. The quality has taken a serious dive. I pulled out one of my portraits from the year before and flipped it over. They used to print on a kodak paper and have gone to a much thinner cloudier fuji paper. The colors were not near as vibrant and the paper was flimsy. The quality now seems to be about that of Sams Club, but the price is significantly higher. They used to be worth the extra money. They were the best value as far as quality for your money. Since the quality has dropped, you'd be better off purchasing through a discount chain because your photos will look about the same and you'll save a good bit of money. Now I'm on the hunt for a new spot to print my portraits.

lisak34
5/27/13

For some reasons, on one part of my son's graduation announcement, it filled in black where white had been. I immediately contacted them and sent a picture of what was wrong. Plus, the paper was some poor quality card stock. They acknowledged their mistake and said they would reprint immediately and send out. However, they then "forgot" over and over again. After a week, I told them to issue me a refund so I could go elsewhere. At this point, they chose to not respond and ignore more. I have had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Never ever use this place! Their product is poor quality, and they obviously have some sort of odd issues that they autofilled in the white with black. And they refuse to fix their own mistakes.

krissys1
1/6/12

The photo I ordered printed blurry, and was not shipped as promised. When I contacted customer support both representatives, asking to be refunded for the extra money I paid to ship it in one business day when it in fact took four, they were demeaning and nasty. The head of customer service actually asked me if I work in a business, then told me that I should know that a business's top priority is to make money. Will never use them again, knowing that if I am not satisfied in the future they will not be helpful.

kristir2
2/17/10

I like how mpix will retouch your photos for you and then print them out. I have friends that know photoshop can get red eyes out and remove wrinkles but it is easier to just have that done by this website and the photos look so much better afterwards.

bobbyk
9/30/09

Found this site here on sitejabber and ordered a few prints. So much better than what I get from costco. Never used a pro print place before and the difference is amazing. I wouldn't bother with your typical throw away prints as the prices are higher but good for the keepers.

sabrad
5/11/09

This is a site that will plan on using in the future. Prices are good and variety of items to purchase are awesome. These items are a great way to show off your work to friends and family.

denniss
3/23/09

Nice Place - Very good site,It has it all and maybe I ll start using it because i love Photograhy,thanks to NATUREBOY Im gonna head back over there......

sherryh
12/31/08

Great photo books - I have ordered the greatest photo books from this site. The quality surpasses the prices. It is so easy .....all you do is download the software (free) and then design your book.....upload....and order. You will receive your order in record time. I have ordered 7 different books and I know I will order more.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Mpix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Would the Mpix logo be on the graduation announcement if I printed through them?
3/25/15
Answer
matts87
A: Hey Megan! If the logo is on the preview, it will also be on the card when you order. We do have some cards that do not have the logo, however the majority of the cards will have the Mpix logo on them.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: should you choose to get lustre?
4/26/15
Answer
laurenf7
A: It's really a personal choice and also depends on what you're getting printed. I usually veer away from glossy and choose lustre but that's my preference. I don't like super glossy pictures because of the glare.
4/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Mpix staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Mpix?