US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

ano22
3/23/15

I am not reviewing this site for the dating side of things but from an admin side. No, I am not one of the administrators of their site and only visit the site when hunting scammers.

Quite a few people message me saying there are quite a few scammers on the site but when I find some as a result of hunting another they are immediately reported and a few days later I receive a thank you email and that the scammers reported have gone.

I gave 4 out of 5 and it would have been 5 out of 5 just for them removing scam profiles but dropping a star because they seem to appear in the first place, if that makes sense. A little more pro-activeness and the score would have been 5.

Moral: report those scammers as they are being removed

roberts206
3/3/15

"OK"...not more / not less!

elizabethp35
2/23/15

This site should be avoided. It is full of scammers (particularly military romance scammers - men claiming to military when they are NOT).

eileenn1
10/15/14

Joined free website Mingle2.com, which has a filter to automatically block men or women you are not compatible with, which does not seem to be working! My filter says I am seeking men 35-65, within 150 miles, no married men, or smokers, and a friend. I had two men, one from Africa and one from Delphi, both under age 30 write me, telling me I was put on their friend list. I never received a friend request from either, or would have denied it, since I live in the USA. I blocked both men and contacted Mingle 2.com, but when I clicked on send, I got an Error Message from Cloud Flare that the website was off line, which I reported to my carrier, Verizon. This makes me question their ethics, so I say beware.

nonb
12/6/13

Not one, not two but all three of the men I attempted to connect with turned out to be fake. Fake names, fake pictures and fake phone numbers... I looked it up; they're a call center in INDIA!

katias
7/1/13

Total scam -- requires you to install a shop-at-home toolbar before you can use the site, and that's AFTER you already have to navigate away from three or four other attempts to get you to sign up for sales stuff. I never even got to the actual site to try it.

sarahl24
7/1/13

I really like this website. The people are so polite. You don't see polite people on dating sites, but you do on THIS one. Unless you prefer sluts and drunks, which would mean joining the main dating sites we already know about. The ones with the famous names. No-one you couldn't already pick up on a street corner. lol. Mingle2 is the exception. The people who moan that they never get any replies, well, maybe they just need to re-think their whole approach to women/men. Also, jealousy will never look good on you. Just because i talk to other guys on a forum, doesn't mean anything. I talk to the women just as much. I don't like a guy friend thinking i am his, before we even date. Possessiveness is not a good trait. Neither is stalking me just to try to get me to fall in love with you. If it won't happen naturally, then get over it. Sorry. Just some men think i have no right to date anyone, just because I'm their friend. It's like they don't know the difference between just being friends and dating.

davet21
6/11/13

Terrible experience full of scammers, and insulting forum regulars playing their silly little troll games. Extremely poor moderation of posts. There was a very limited amount of genuine people there looking for dating or a real relationship. That's what you get from a free dating site.

The paid upgrade gives you little more than what you get from the free membership. Don't waste you're money

Don't bother wasting your time and go to a paid professional dating/singles matching website.

wills8
6/15/11

useless waste of time, not one girl or lady would message me, not even a message.

erick12
5/18/11

Judging from the previous review and the Q & A section, the forum is not for everybody. having said that I actually met a very nice lady on mingle2.com. I have tried many dating sites and this is the only one where I met a girl in real life. ( I have met people through myspace, craigslist and Yahoo I.M. they are not "dating" sites) So if you want to try to meet someone try this website, if you want to try a discussion forum - maybe go elsewhere? The site is safe and doesn't have pop-ups or suspicious links.

rachelh7
11/27/10

This site is full of biased mods that love to flame people. They are a very close clique and I wish I had read the reviews before I joined because lots of people posted about them being this way. I have been banned for my political views and I also get flamed constantly and the mods will only delete my posts, not the posts of the other users. Beware of this site, its not your non biased dating site. its a haven for miserable people to cyber bully all the people that they are jealous of.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Mingle2 staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was on this site for a week, I thought everything was going along well. Then all of a sudden I can't even get on the site AT ALL! I don't know why?
1/12/13
tracyh1
A: Looks like a similar complaint by the other reviewer too...didn't even know sites like this existed to hook up people with such strict views. Scary. I wonder if what they are doing is even legal.
6/5/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Mingle2 staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?