US Government's NSF

Tel: 1-855-636-3669

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

This organization does not mail you a prescription directly. If you are trying to get your drugs from Canada, etc. MeMD will not work.

Called one night and had a friendly, initial first call. Their rep told me a doctor would call me in less than 30 minutes. It was closer to over an hour. The "doctor" was rude, condescending and interrogated me over every symptom. After a half hour of him telling me I should see a real doctor with NO help in giving a slight diagnosis (or prescription), I felt like I had completely wasted my time. Service is very flawed. I can't recommend to anyone after this.

I woke up with the worst sore throat of my life, but figured I would just have to deal with it and it would go away in a couple of days. I did a warm salt gargle, got some cough drops, but was still miserable. When I got home from work it felt even worse. I shone a light on my throat and could see that I had white patches on the back. I'd never had strep throat before, but had taken my sister into urgent care earlier in the year when she got it, so recognized the signs. Unfortunately for me, it was about 7:30pm and I knew I wouldn't be able to get in to see anyone until the next morning at the earliest - but the idea of sleeping when I could barely swallow seemed impossible. I started looking online and came across the MeMD site. I called them and spoke to a nice woman who told me they could write a prescription for strep throat, and that I would just need to request a visit online - she even offered to help me set-up my account, but I thought it would just be easier to do it myself. I went through the process, and uploaded pictures I took of my throat (not an easy task!) and was then connected with a doctor. She asked me questions and was sympathetic, and agreed that it sounded like I did have strep throat, so she was going to write me a prescription for some antibiotics and send them to my pharmacy. She also gave me some tips and suggestions of ways to help sooth my throat. In less than 40 minutes I had my prescription in hand (thank goodness for 24/7 wallgreens.) While I was skeptical at first, I thought the whole process was easy, and makes a lot of sense for those times when you know you need a prescription to get better.

Tip for consumers: I uploaded pictures of my throat with the white patches, so the doctor could see that I had strep throat and not just a really bad sore throat. I would recommend uploading close-up pictures if it makes sense for your case.

I paid $50 to be told I should seek urgent care for a lump on my shoulder. Rip offs.

To me MeMD is a helpful source to get you an appointment with Doctor but not every time, sometimes it takes a lot of time, and sometime due to hectic procedure for information you may cancel the appointment.

My prescription was running out before I could get an appointment with my new doctor. I was able to send in copies of my insurance as well as my bottle. I spoke with a MeMD rep within 2-3 minutes of finishing the online information and within 5-10 minutes later I spoke with a doctor. They called in a refill for me so I didn't miss a day as I waited for my next appointment and they cost the same as I would have paid for my deductible at a doctor's office. It was perfect!

i spent much time preparing the documents and waiting for the call back from the provider. they did not respond by phone; but sent an email to cancel it which i got hours later. it didn't feel like an authentic exchange. search "medical diagnosis and treatment" for other online options.

The woman I talked to turned out NOT to be a doctor, but a nurse practitioner. I paid to talk to a doctor, so I was a little upset by this. The site administrator would not tell me if the person I'd just talked to was a doctor (they said that someone would call me back) ..... I found out by doing my own web search. I thought about disputing the charge, but I later decided to let it go. The N.P. did give me some useful advice --- I was told to look for an integrative medicine specialist, as this type of doctor is more likely to be open to alternative treatments. I will not use this site again, however.