US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.4088524336

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

I downloaded the free version and immediately ran it. It identified several POPs and removed them. So far no problem. Today I got a message saying that my free version expired tomorrow, and I would need to purchase the upgrade. I was undecided but thought I'd run the scan again in case I didn't purchase the upgrade. Before I could even run the scan, the program gave me a message that I had a malware file in the PaintShop Pro program that I have been using for years. Malwarebytes did not even give me the choice of whether to remove the identified file; the file was simply deleted, and I had to reinstall PaintShop Pro to get it to run again. For a freeware program to cause a problem like this is no way to sell an upgrade!

Ask William about

scam..... I had on my pc and laptop for about a week and program stopped working, I called support on the phone he wanted to look into pc so I let him, when done he said I had issues and he could fix it right now, for a redicules amount of money, I refused he kept trying to talk me into it I literally had to boot him off my pc and he kept trying to invite back in, now today I get a charge from PayPal where they charged me another yr. it will be the last time because I called PayPal and they will be refused next yr. can not find anywhere to contact them and try to get my money back..... can you say SCAMMERS??????

Ask Sandra about

And, after 30's NOT FREE!

Ask Rhonda about

I bought and paid for Malwarebytes and ran it. It cleaned the computer apparently including its own executable, which couldn't be found in any folder, directory, or registry search after running. So I'm a sucker. The company wanted to fix the problem but I had spent over half a day fussing it and I was very done with it. Moving on ...

Ask a about

I received another call from the same phone # that sold me the virus program! I recognized it on my "ID" and have it blocked. But I have found there maybe scammers using their wedsites claiming to be Malwarebytes! "DO NOT" respond to "ANY" phone calls saying your computer is bad! I have filed an FCC complain about this scam!

Ask Don about

I purchased the Malwarebytes Lifetime edition couple of years ago, Malwarbytes deactivated the license and when I started asking questions and emailing them they are denying the existence of the key and the purchase at once. Now that I cant even locate the receipt for the purchase they even deactivated the already "activated" malware bytes on my computer.
Scammers ! ! !

Ask Davit about

I experienced problems and eventually they got more serious. Malwarebytes tech requested access to my PC and said I needed help from a specialist and transferred me to a person with a strong mid eastern accent who claimed he was in Canada. He screened my PC and told me I had a baaad virus and he could fix it for $100. I bid adieu and noticed I now had a missing MSVPC100.dll; it could only have happened when he downloaded his virus checker "clean my pc." This is just about impossible to fix. These folks are unscrupulous, do not load even the free trial in your pc. I tried to rate it a quarter star and the system would not let me, thus a star.

Ask jim about

Downloaded the free personal version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Whenever I tried to log-in to my email or other accounts, it would pop up with the offer to remember my passwords. I thought I had made the settings so it wouldn't do that, I just wanted something that would detect malware. Then, it went ahead and would auto-enter my user-names anyway. This is not only highly annoying, it's damn invasive. Also, couldn't see how this program was catching any malware. So I deleted the free account, deleted the program from my system. That should be the end of it, right? Didn't go down that way. Now, I still get the Blur icon showing up on my sign-ins, with prompts asking if I want Blur to save this sign-in. So the program is not completely removed from my system, even though I had made a thorough search for an "uninstall" command, and did everything necessary to get it off my system. Now I have to manually remove the leftover bits of this thing. This program is junk, it's garbage. I like dealing with products and companies that a)Do what they say they're going to do b) Respect my privacy and c)They go away when I want them to. I company like that is far more likely to gain my business. Are your listening, Blur?

Tip for consumers: I would give this negative stars if the system allowed it. This program is pure garbage, highly annoying, useless.

Ask joe about

Yes, I made a mistake. Because of a foul up I paid for my lifetime service twice. I have been promised, over and over, a refund of most of the amount. For some reason they are withholding $50. I am promised a call back in 5 minutes then hear nothing at all. I have been promised a refund "with in 5 to 7 workdays at least 5 times. Still nothing. Beware of Malwarebytes - they are dishonest. WKW

Ask William about

Malwarebytes found things that Avast and Avag could not remove. My computer is working like it should now.

Ask T about

Ask mIHAILO about

Corrupt signature, constant lies, insulting emails and falsely claimed that RegCure Pro is "MALWARE". All of this is documented in multiple emails from Malwarebytes Mr. William Rowland. He even insulted my mother who has nothing to do with this disgusting personal attack. I will supply copies of these emails to RegCure Pro to anyone who wants to see them in or out of court.

Ask William about

If you can get it installed and updated it works. If there are any issues at installation their support is the worst in the industry, even if you purchase the paid version!!

Ask Mike about

this is a legitimate site, i had tried it and have not uninstalled it since the day i got it

Tip for consumers: good ware

Ask Professor about

I downloaded the latest free version 2 with no trouble .It required a re-boot and did a scan when re-booted. I have been using this program along with my paid for program for years and it is very reliable .I use the add-on Chameleon for this to work safely without being hacked it must be put into the same folder as Malwarebytes .I dont have any trouble with it or other protection programs as apart from my paid one none are run in real time but only on demand. Its the one hackers fear as a high tech.hacker tried to disable it but couldnt so caused my PC to switch off. I wouldnt be without it.

Ask duncan about

I've looked at the other reviews on this page,and it would seem none f those people have gotten the latest download from "Melwarebytes" and I'm referring to this year 2014 not 2013. I've tried to load it 6 times so far on my brand new HP Envy computer and all I get is a drop down window that says the program is not responding,and windows will try and resolve the issue, which of course it never does. In my opinion, save your money and your time don't be fooled in to buying this piece of crap,cause the latest version may well not ever work on your computer. I complained to the company about why did they issue an up dte to my existing program without checking it out first, all they did was send me all kinds of links to go to to try and resolve the issue of it not working,I can see they don't even know!! Had a tech from their company,took control of the computer from India, in an attempt to fix it, wason my computer 2.5 hours, never was able to make the program run/work, and this is where this company comes from no less, give me a break ! He only ended up installing the older version I had on there a year prior and that too finally too bite the dust, weel you have been fore warned.!

Ask tony about

Excellent free Anti-Virus Software! and are about the best free anti-virus softwares you can get would highly recomend both!

Ask Josh about

it is the best anti-malware i had ever used. it is useful for checking a downloaded file before opening, and it works well; i recommend it to anyone that is needing an anti-malware program.

Ask ultimasoulnix about

Awesome site with great software...

Ask Techy about

This program is fantastic but it is for MALWARE only and NOT intended to be an anti virus program. It is reliable, works in conjunction with my antivirus program, and has saved me from many potentially malicious "Malware" attempts. You would be shocked at how many there actually are. It also detects "Adware" that is suspicious, informs you, and quarantines it. You can review this "Adware" in the Malwarebytes program and either keep it or discard it.
This program is user friendly and was recommended by a friend who works for Dell. Lastly, if you want something that it blocks, you can add whatever you want to the allow list. Read about it at If you want real time protection, you need the Pro version which costs about $25-$30. The free version simply lets you scan for malware after the fact.

Ask John about

The program is not a virus. It is truely a legit website and will help clean your computer from the fake ICE virus.

Ask Zoi about

I have always had Malware Bytes However as of recent the product does not work in spite of purchasing the PRO. The support services are deficient to say the least. Customer service does not know anything about the product. Only email support is available unless you pay 110.00. So they stop the product from working to enable purchase of there premium services. Very disappointing.

Ask geri about

I stumbled across malwarebytes just under a year ago and i have kept it on my computer/friend's computers and my family's computer since. They program is easy to use and update and it really cleans your computer of all malicious programs.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great free anti-malware program that does a great job.

Ask Marley about

Malwarebytes is a site that offers Anti-Malware software for cleaning up those little nasties that creep through. I have used the Free version of this software and always seems to get the PC running smoothly again after any hiccups.

Ask Martin [ Rep] about

What a lifesaver, or at least a computer saver! It found errors that Norton and McAfee could not identify. And it i FREE!

Ask Jane about

One of the best anti virus software. Very easy to use and it's free!

Ask bob about

It's good I like it.

Ask Wayland about

The Best Anti-Malware ever Made! Themegastar1 Attackbot Rating- 10/10.

Ask Arun about

I have never had a problem with Malwarebytes'. It is fantastic and will run in addition to other antivirus software. Malwarebytes' helps eliminate spyware and malware that often antivirus programs don't pick up. The free version is an on-demand program which means it doesn't provide live protection like Norton and Trend-Micro. In saying this, it won't stop malware from getting onto your computer but will remove it once you scan your computer. On-demand software such as the free versions of Malwarebytes' and SuperAntiSpyware are compatible with live programs such as the ones mentioned above.

Ask Ian about

It is really a great software. Helped me a lot saving my PC from future crashes.

Ask Huzaifa about

Easily the most functional and helpful PC protection program on the net that offers a free version. The free version includes a full and quick scan, while the paid version offers a flash scan.

My Dell laptop recently encountered malware which prompted me to buy bogus virus removal software in order to get rid of it. Obviously this malware was a scam, as I could not even open my task manager. So I opened up Malwarebytes Anti-malware, let it run a full scan, and voila - I had complete control of my laptop again.

This has saved me a number of times, and I definitely recommend it.

Ask Nick about

pure lovely site

Ask tim about

Malware (from the latin "mal", meaning bad) is a pain to find and get rid of. Malware Bytes is another free utility (you can buy a version if you want).

Lovely software you should have in your arsenal.

Ask Timothy about

I've noticed there's a good amount of misinformation on this website. (sitejabber) If you don't know, don't spout out false information, you'll end up confusing people.

Anyways, Malwarebytes is a great bit of spyware, adware, malware, etc removal software. It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection. You actually run at a higher risk by not having real time protection. And no, it will not compete with other removal software like stated above. You're thinking of anti-virus software. (AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, etc)

Malwarebytes is quick to install and is actually really quick when you perform a quick scan. It does find quite a bit of infections, however it does not fix everything. I've had quite a few cases where Malwarebytes, by itself, could not remove an infection. Though these computers were badly infected and required a multitude of software to clean everything. However, because it is a quick program to run, I usually install and run this program first, in my cleanup process.

This is a must have program for anyone that needs to clean their system, and of course for any computer technician. If anyone has any questions, feel free to comment on this review.

Ask Jacob about

Malwarebytes is my favorite free anti-virus software. Norton and McAfee and AVG all slowed down my computer, and I always feel like they are trying to sell me stuff I don't need. Malwarebytes is really simple. I run it once a week and it keeps my computer clean!

Here is the CNET review

Ask Sophie about

I have downloaded and have being using the free version of it. Compare to a seweral other malware removers I have tried this finaly worked for me.

Please make sure that no other malware remover programms are on your computer, because in general they 'compete' with each other.

Before installing this one I uninstalled all the others by using the Control Panel. Unfortunatelly one of them the CA Internet Security Suite which I downloaded for free being costumer gave me very hard time. This is a long story thou.

Ask Armen about

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
A: As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

10 Coupons for