US Government's NSF

armenb

20 Reviews for Malwarebytes.org

▼ Sort by: recent

12/13/13

Excellent free Anti-Virus Software! Malwarebytes.org and Avast.com are about the best free anti-virus softwares you can get would highly recomend both!

12/10/13

it is the best anti-malware i had ever used. it is useful for checking a downloaded file before opening, and it works well; i recommend it to anyone that is needing an anti-malware program.

11/4/13

Awesome site with great software...

10/6/13

This program is fantastic but it is for MALWARE only and NOT intended to be an anti virus program. It is reliable, works in conjunction with my antivirus program, and has saved me from many potentially malicious "Malware" attempts. You would be shocked at how many there actually are. It also detects "Adware" that is suspicious, informs you, and quarantines it. You can review this "Adware" in the Malwarebytes program and either keep it or discard it.
This program is user friendly and was recommended by a friend who works for Dell. Lastly, if you want something that it blocks, you can add whatever you want to the allow list. Read about it at Cnet.com. If you want real time protection, you need the Pro version which costs about $25-$30. The free version simply lets you scan for malware after the fact.

6/23/13

The program is not a virus. It is truely a legit website and will help clean your computer from the fake ICE virus.

6/18/13

I have always had Malware Bytes However as of recent the product does not work in spite of purchasing the PRO. The support services are deficient to say the least. Customer service does not know anything about the product. Only email support is available unless you pay 110.00. So they stop the product from working to enable purchase of there premium services. Very disappointing.

4/9/13

I stumbled across malwarebytes just under a year ago and i have kept it on my computer/friend's computers and my familie's computer since. They program is easy to use and update and it really cleans your computer of all malicious programs.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great free anti-malware program that does a great job.

12/12/12

Malwarebytes is a site that offers Anti-Malware software for cleaning up those little nasties that creep through. I have used the Free version of this software and always seems to get the PC running smoothly again after any hiccups.

9/11/11

What a lifesaver, or at least a computer saver! It found errors that Norton and McAfee could not identify. And it i FREE!

8/19/11

One of the best anti virus software. Very easy to use and it's free!

8/2/11

It's good I like it.

7/27/11

The Best Anti-Malware ever Made! Themegastar1 Attackbot Rating- 10/10.

Veteran Reviewer
6/18/11

I have never had a problem with Malwarebytes'. It is fantastic and will run in addition to other antivirus software. Malwarebytes' helps eliminate spyware and malware that often antivirus programs don't pick up. The free version is an on-demand program which means it doesn't provide live protection like Norton and Trend-Micro. In saying this, it won't stop malware from getting onto your computer but will remove it once you scan your computer. On-demand software such as the free versions of Malwarebytes' and SuperAntiSpyware are compatible with live programs such as the ones mentioned above.

6/9/11

It is really a great software. Helped me a lot saving my PC from future crashes.

4/25/11

Easily the most functional and helpful PC protection program on the net that offers a free version. The free version includes a full and quick scan, while the paid version offers a flash scan.

My Dell laptop recently encountered malware which prompted me to buy bogus virus removal software in order to get rid of it. Obviously this malware was a scam, as I could not even open my task manager. So I opened up Malwarebytes Anti-malware, let it run a full scan, and voila - I had complete control of my laptop again.

This has saved me a number of times, and I definitely recommend it.

4/2/11

pure lovely site

1/20/11

Malware (from the latin "mal", meaning bad) is a pain to find and get rid of. Malware Bytes is another free utility (you can buy a version if you want).

Lovely software you should have in your arsenal.

1/8/11

I've noticed there's a good amount of misinformation on this website. (sitejabber) If you don't know, don't spout out false information, you'll end up confusing people.

Anyways, Malwarebytes is a great bit of spyware, adware, malware, etc removal software. It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection. You actually run at a higher risk by not having real time protection. And no, it will not compete with other removal software like stated above. You're thinking of anti-virus software. (AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, etc)

Malwarebytes is quick to install and is actually really quick when you perform a quick scan. It does find quite a bit of infections, however it does not fix everything. I've had quite a few cases where Malwarebytes, by itself, could not remove an infection. Though these computers were badly infected and required a multitude of software to clean everything. However, because it is a quick program to run, I usually install and run this program first, in my cleanup process.

This is a must have program for anyone that needs to clean their system, and of course for any computer technician. If anyone has any questions, feel free to comment on this review.

EXPERT
11/13/10

Malwarebytes is my favorite free anti-virus software. Norton and McAfee and AVG all slowed down my computer, and I always feel like they are trying to sell me stuff I don't need. Malwarebytes is really simple. I run it once a week and it keeps my computer clean!

Here is the CNET review http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

EXPERT
11/5/09

I have downloaded and have being using the free version of it. Compare to a seweral other malware removers I have tried this finaly worked for me.

Please make sure that no other malware remover programms are on your computer, because in general they 'compete' with each other.

Before installing this one I uninstalled all the others by using the Control Panel. Unfortunatelly one of them the CA Internet Security Suite which I downloaded for free being Optonline.net costumer gave me very hard time. This is a long story thou.

About Malwarebytes.org