US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

MakeYourOwnJeans reviews

39%
Categories: Clothing, Jeans
606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street, Near Simplex Mills, Byculla (W)
Mumbai, 400011, India
support@makeyourownjeans.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

seans29

I found the MakeYourOwnJeans website online and without reading any reviews, I ordered a pair of jeans. (in 35 reviews)

georgel

As far as I've seen, other custom jeans sites do not offer nearly as much flexibility, especially to men. (in 6 reviews)

jadeo

Add to this the fast service (just over 2 weeks from order to delivery) and excellent price, you really can't fault it. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rodd26
2/7/16

I wish I had done my research - great idea but execution and product quality is appalling. Jeans were not even close to the measurements I put in to their website. Its incredulous that they even try and and suggest that their cutter had checked the product, I mean a blind monkey but make a better fit.

I suspect they are buying jeans from some outfit which themselves have discarded as being wrong and then this firm is just selling them OTS as close a fit as possible to the order that comes in.

Customer service - Harry/Paul who whoever you want to call yourselves are idiots - oops sorry, I'm the idiot for falling for this scam. I guess my moral judgement got the better of me this time.

Next - report to the credit card company and try and get my money back for which is obviously a scam. I even returned my jeans with a tracking number and yep - they claimed they never received them.

tw251
2/5/16

Like so many reviewers, my order was wrong and the story about measurements for stretch fabric is just unbelievable. At least 2 sizes too small?? seriously. The bottom half of both pants was fine but the top section was way too small. A waste of time and money.

alanb82
1/25/16

I have been buying clothing from this company for many years now.

I have had every thing from jeans, shirts, suits, and leather jackets.

They always fit perfectly and are delivered promptly.

The quality is commensurate with the price, and they will always accommodate any extras you may require.

I shall continue buying from them for the foreseeable future.

vickys37
1/21/16

I am 5' 11" and have a 37 inch inseam.

It has always been super hard for me to find jeans. I've only found one place that has the right inseam length but they are EXTREMELY expensive.

I was searching online a few months ago and came across this company. I was really excited to try a pair.

The directions for the measurements are very specific and easy to follow.

I got my jeans less than a month ago. They are PERFECT!

The length is just how I like it,they fit amazinlgy everywhere, and they keep their shape.

They are soo comfortable. I've never had pair of jeans that felt like these. I am so excited to get more jeans and other styles of pants

rd60
1/19/16

I have mixed feelings about this site. I ordered 3 pairs of jeans over 3 months. The price is the best you will find for custom made jeans. All in, each pair was around $70 delivered. The jean material was ok, a little on the thin side when compared with Levis, but they tell you the weight so that should not be a huge surprise. My biggest issues:
1. The color of material and wash texture is very difficult to judge based on the pictures. I was frustrated with 2 of my 3 jeans not looking like what I expected. On one the color was significantly off in tint and another the fade wash was very patchy.
2. The dimensions for 2 of the three orders I placed were off. The first pair I got were 1.5 inches too long. I sent them a picture and they credited me 20% off my next order or $14. I felt that was fair. The third pair of jeans I ordered came with a waist size that was 3" smaller than the other two pairs. I attached a picture to this review. The smaller pair is on top. When I complained to customer service they said that since these were "stretch" jeans they sew them several inches smaller than what you order in the waist and seat (but not the other areas). Which was strange because my previous two orders were stretch also and were sewn as requested. I felt the jeans were significantly uncomfortable and customer service offered me 20% off my next order. I wasn't happy. The point of ordering custom jeans is to get them as ordered, not sewn to some arbitrarily smaller dimension than you order.
3. The 3rd pair of jeans I got had not been thoroughly washed and bled tons of die. Had I not noticed and washed them with my clothes I would have ruined an entire load. I attached a picture of this as well. You can see the die in the sink, and this is after 8 rinses in warm water and soap. Again, customer service didn't offer much here.

Tip for consumers: 1. Expect 3-5 weeks for an order. They are hand sewn and shipped from India. It's fine as long as you are not in a hurry and know what to expect.
2. If you order stretch jeans you need to be very specific about the dimensions you want and whether you want them altered by them or not.
3. Be very careful about ordering jeans with few pictures or small pictures of one section especially when ordering scrape wash.
4. Plan on washing your jeans by themselves on the first load.

bs39
1/18/16

Where do I begin... After searching the internet for quality Jeans I came across this "MTOJ" website. I was very excited to measure and order my jeans the same day. It took several weeks to receive my Jeans and when I emailed them 3 or 4 times I finally received an answer from someone named Maneet. When my Jeans finally arrived I was very dissapointed. The quality of the material was JUNK. The measurements I provided were OFF and frankly I was embarrass to admit that I fell for this SCAM! My Jeans went directly in the garbage because they were too UGLY to be given to Goodwill. I could have given my money to someone more worthy. Also, I'm wondering about the people who gave 5 stars. SERIOUSLY!!!

tonys105
1/18/16

Really great find, custom made everything is business model of the future, compare many times over the price in sheik / chick NYC shops...

I love the creativity, the flexibility.

I will admit it. I have read many mixed reviews about this site but they delivered my jeans and jacket on time and exactly as I have asked

The fit guarantee is a must for first time users, after one gets the sense of the products, its away you go, a new wardrobe at a very affordable price. Jeans, shorts, suits, all perfectly fitting...the hard work and attention to detail is obvious.

Please maintain this level of work!!!!

This is truly GQ stuff.

vincet13
1/18/16

I ordered a jacket, it came promptly, but the sleeves were too tight for me to bend my arms, an obvious flaw in the manufacturing. They refused a return, I would have to buy a new jacket!
They state on their web site that returns and alterations are possible, but they are not telling the truth. A flat refusal is what you will get. They are clearly breaking the distance selling regulations act. I question both their morality and legality.
If you want a better product and service, try their competitor, custom jeans india, they are a more honest business. I have good experience with them. Even when they got the measurements wrong one time, they re made a new pair free of charge. I didn't need to return to original pair, no expense for me. The quality of their work is outstanding.
Why did I try makeyourownjeans? I won't make that mistake again.
----------
update, after receiving a flat refusal to rectify things from a customer service person, Paul, I made my objections to his dismissal clear.
This second email from me was read by a different person, Anna, who has offered to make the alterations on the jacket.
Seems that the company's handling of customers is dependant on who looks at the incoming mail. Some of their employees are hard line and inflexible, but others are more understanding and sensible.
I await the outcome.
----------
I would point out that I had also ordered a pair of jeans, despite me providing thorough measurements, as per their order form, I don't think they managed to match a single measurement accurately.
Waist, length, leg width, all wrong.
The colour was very different from the catalogue as well. I don't have the stamina to dispute these jeans as well as the jacket, so the jeans will be going to a charity shop.
On another note, Paypal state that they offer a buyer protection scheme, they don't. Their terms rule out any resolution in the buyers favour. Be aware of this.

toma420
12/6/15

I've been a regular customer with www.makeyourownjeans.com since a few years.

I also write reviews on their website after every purchase regarding the same.

The fit, quality, choices, response has been GREAT and I do not see myself going to off the rack clothing again.

It's surprising to see negative comments here.

My advice would be buy a Fit Guarantee product if you are purchasing for the first time, they include Free Remakes, this way you will never go wrong and will keep going back to this website like me for all your clothing needs.

I'll mention a few links here in the interest of other customers:

Fit Guarantee Jeans:

Fit Guarantee Suits:

Fit Guarantee Jackets:

Would love to see review of people buying the Fit Guarantee Products first.

Probably they do not give remakes for all products due to their reasonable pricing , makes it a great deal for us who are satisfied with their fit.

Tip for consumers: For first time customers , read my review and buy Fit Guarantee Products first, they include Free Remakes

mandyj6
11/29/15

This company is a complete scam, I bought jeans from them and it took over three weeks to get, I paid 90.00 for them and none of the measurements are what I ordered. I have gone to a tailor to be measured and also had the tailor measure what I received. SCAM SCAM SCAM! They refuse to admit they messed up the measurements up, will not give a refund. I feel like a complete idiot for trusting people overseas who are clearly just out to scam people. The quality of the denim is cheap, color not as described, and stitching is horrible as if a little kid sewed them.

sola116
11/16/15

I ordered many times in years, and every time the jeans or leather pants were perfect, and durable. And I have a lot of friends that ordered and not one experienced problems, always perfect fit and reasonable price.

adamr59
9/24/15

I received two pairs of jeans and the first one was close to fitting, with the second one spot-on. Considering they were both reasonably priced, it wasn't a bad deal.

Made to measure clothing is the best bang for your buck. Choose the right material and your own measurements and customize it to your liking.

It's a waste of money to buy jeans that don't fit and are uncomfortable or not flattering. I'm very tall and my legs are bigger than average, with a smaller waist/hips, so I require some tapering which is difficult to find, especially in the raw jeans category.

I ordered three more pairs because the second one was so comfortable. I actually much preferred the non-raw pair that was made for me.

I would recommend this site to friends and others that would like a better fit than off the rack for roughly the same price.

mt57
9/2/15

Bought a pair of jeans on a lark, they don't fit, now I'm out $85. No sense in paying shipping back to India, since they don't take returns.

On my way to Goodwill to donate them.

joet54
9/2/15

I made some pants from fix measurements I submitted. They are inconsistent. One pants came in well and accurate to the measurements. The other in the same order came in with the back rise 2" too long and thighs 1" too large.

Good luck trying to get them to correct that. I had to pay a local tailor to alter the pants.

The inconsistency is bugging me. Feels like a gamble if u were to order from them.

The customer service is poor as well. They either can't understand my English or choose to answer them obliquely. Instead of addressing the problem, they rephrased it to say that front and rear rises have to be different. I am not hopeful.

jerryz5
7/22/15

Before you make your purchase consider some facts below about this company. I have made 3 purchases in the past year and half:

#1. On their website you can find a statement saying if the piece of clothing shipped to you did not fit, they can offer to make a new one. This is a lie. Their Customer Service is nonexistent and will reject your claim 100% of the time.They will tell you that based on their measurement "report", they are 100% correct and you are 100% wrong and therefore go #@($* yourself. Even if you submit to them photos of wrong size, they will still refuse to agree with you. Basically a bunch of people paid to say "no" to you.

#2 If your order came with perfect fit, lucky you, you had a good tailor, but don't expect it to be consistent if you plan to continue buying from them.

#3 The size of my last pair of jeans ordered a month ago came totally off with the fact that I gave them FIX measurements (FIX=exact measurement of the cloth without including stretch). On Average the rise, waist, thigh measurement were all off by more than 1 inch, the back rise was off by 2 inches.

#4 There will be no refund or exchange.

#5 Also good luck if you dispute the purchase through Paypal because more than likely Paypal will rule in their favor because this company has put in some kind of statement saying by purchasing from website, the customers have agreed to no refund and no exchange. This was my real experience through an actual dispute with them

dustins24
6/3/15

I ordered a three piece corduroy suit for my upcoming wedding from makeyourownjeans.com and I was a bit nervous that it might not fit right. I took as many of the measurements from my actual clothes that I knew fit me, and the suit that I received is almost an identical fit to those clothes. I received the suit in three weeks from the order, and I'm completely happy with it.

neilf13
5/18/15

Each time I have ordered from these people they don't deliver. This time, the waist was 2" less than the measurements I sent.

All of a sudden this becomes MY problem!?

tuijam
5/16/15

I was sceptic with the idea to get custom made leather pants based on my own measurements. I made my order 6th May and pants arrived 15th May. They were exactly what I expected - well made, good leather quality, right measurements. They were not ordinary simple leather pants so they cost quite, but I understand that they were not easy to sew together. Would definitely order again!

casse15
5/13/15

Shipping rates are pretty crazy. They ship from India, so North Americans be warned about the customs to deal with. If you make an order with more than one of the same item, yup you get double customs.
The worst part was dealing with their Customer Service folks.
The material seems kinda cheap.

davidm267
5/2/15

I truly believe that all of the testimonials on their website are fabricated by them.

jspanskit
4/28/15

I bought custom pants from this company in 2013 & 2014 and LUV'm still today!!! >>>>Not a Scam

sa11788
4/25/15

I wish I could rate them -10. Measurements were off, sent them photos proving incorrect measurements, but they still refused to fix it. I'm going to dispute the transaction with credit card company as they won't issue refund

jonathanl23
3/28/15

I just received my 7th order from MakeYourOwnJeans.com. The quality of manufacture is exceptional as always. It took two orders to get my measurements where I wanted them, and I've tweaked and tuned them with each subsequent order. As a tall person, it's absolutely impossible to find jeans that fit. Being able to order ones that fit flawlessly is worth its weight in gold. So in the end, I'm a huge fan. If it takes an order or two to work out your ideal measurements, it's still worth it. The prices are low compared with getting custom jeans made in the US, so you still come out ahead after a few orders. After that, it's an amazing experience.

Tip for consumers: Be patient, and pay careful attention to the measurement instructions. Or even visit a local dry cleaner or tailor to get your measurements done before ordering.

scottt35
3/7/15

I sent fixed measurements. The jeans didn't fit. I thought it was me until I got out the tape measure and realized they were about 2" off in the seat and 1" in the thigh. I returned the jeans at my expense at which point they sent photos claiming the jeans were correctly made. The problem was that they were not measuring seam to seam. Instead, the tape on the right seam was at 1" (or 2" in the other photo). I pointed out the obvious scam. I'm looking for another review site where I can post these photos. Their motto: Our jeans fit whether they do or not.

coreyg13
2/22/15

I sent fixed measurements from a favorite pair of blue jeans following the instructions, and the jeans I received are off in every measurement. MakeYourOwnJeans refuses to fix their error, even when presented with evidence that the jeans are the wrong measurements. I had to get American Express involved to get a refund. Spend your money elsewhere.

rorid
1/2/15

I don't know what I was thinking! I was so excited at the idea of finally getting a pair of jeans that actually fit that I just didn't do my research. Well I got them today and they're the most god awful thing I've ever put on. All measurements are up to 3 inches off. I'm going straight to my bank. Don't do it, ya'll...m

anthonym89
12/10/14

I've been using myoj for a couple of years now and generally found that the clothes they send are exactly the measurements I have provided. Anything badly fitting has always turned out to be my measurements rather than their error.
The biggest problem I have had is to find out exactly what blends they are using for their non denim fabrics.
Their quality of fabrication is fine and now that I know how to measure I'm quite confident of getting what I ordered. For the relative cost of the clothes I have found them to be good value.

Tip for consumers: Read the measurement instructions very carefully and get someone else to double check your numbers!

chrism149
10/21/14

Again echoing the numerous terrible reviews of this company, I ordered a pair of jeans and the front and back rise measurements were off by 3 inches and the inseam was only 27" despite following their instructions exactly. Emailing with them is just as useless as everybody else stated, they refuse to accept that they cut the jeans wrong and will not refund the purchase despite offering them photographic proof of the errors. I am currently trying to get Mastercard to charge this back right now.

EDIT: Good news, Mastercard charged this back...to all of those where the experience has been terrible (wrong measurements, etc) take the time to dispute this with your credit card companies.

taras17
10/1/14

Crap crap crap. Used to be good when they first came out but now the measurements come out wrong they dont give you the denim type you select sometimes and the quality is terrible. They will not offer you any help when a mistake is made on their behalf.... I really wish you ccould rate them negative -5☆'s STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!!!!

Try SQjeans. Great customer service and quality made jeans. They made a mistake on my first 2 pairs and Hitesh the owner made it right by sending me two new pairs no charge. They are great!!!

donnah37
9/18/14

The cheapest jeans ever and I mean that in a bad way.
Put them on for the first wear and the belts loops ripped tearing the jeans.
They refuse to repair them and accused me of wearing too big of belt.
Then tried to sell me another pair with a more durable fabric. Fool me once Fool me twice.....
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!! This Co. is a joke

shouldhavek
8/10/14

THIS SITE IS A SCAM. Ordered a pair. Provided all my measurements. NEVER received jeans and they did not answer any emails. Ended up having to call my credit card company and get a new card. Was advised that this site is a SCAM. I feel stupid for falling for it. DO NOT give out your credit card information to a company on the other side of the world. Their job is to make their SCAM look legit. IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!

digbys
6/8/14

Bought a pair of jeans online.
Thighs too tight. Button hole a struggle to use and poorly stitched.
Complained to the company and even sent them back only to be told.
"There is nothing wrong with the jeans and you are wrong".
Stay away from this company.
They will not admit wrong doing. They will not replace the jeans.
They amazingly offer you a 50% discount on a new pair of jeans.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
No way would I give them on more dollar and nor should you.

storml3
4/21/14

I have bought a suit, shirt and two pairs of jeans so far. I have found the quality and workmanship to be very good. However when you go to your local tailor, they are experts they know how to measure you, when you measure yourself its easy to get it wrong----the website even says don't buy the most expensive suit first time out, buy a cheap one to check measurements.

The first pair of jeans I was really happy with the 6oz denim(which brand jeans don't seem to offer), the length was perfect, but too tight around the seat, though wearable. For the second pair I just added an inch on the seat knees and thigh, now I have my perfect jeans measurement sorted.

When I got the suit the pants were perfect, but the jacket sleeves were too short --- but it was completely my fault. When I was putting in my measurements they suggested a sleeve length, but I measured it myself and got it wrong----they were right.

I notice one reviewer said the colour of fabric did not match the colour on the website. That will happen sometimes, I don't think anything can be done about it, but you can buy fabric swatches for the suits and leathers.

The shirt I bought was good size wise and quality, but it did not quite match the picture, but its fine, I wear it---sometimes that's just the way it is with photos.

Overall I thoroughly recommend these guys, but only buy one of each thing first time round-----two people can measure the same thing and get different measurements. Also the measurements you use for brand jeans, or even on another website may be different to this website.

grahamg20
4/11/14

I first ordered a $52.00 pair of cross stitched jeans that the time I payed for shipping and duties they actually cost a shade over $100.00 not too bad as they did fit very well. Based on my first experience I decided to order a second pair which were the grey stretch jeans and I provided pretty much the same measurements but when they arrived they were too short and way too tight. When I sent the company an e-mail explaining that they had made some mistakes I was told that these were stretch jeans and that they would stretch over time, I certainly don't understand how they will get an inch longer the more I wear them ??? The thigh measurement was 3 inches too small and you would have to lie down on the floor to take them off. I have exchanged many e-mails with their customer service dep't and they keep telling me that they can't do anything for me except offer a 20% discount on my next order. Needless to say I will not be ordering anything else from this company. It is a lot easier to shop elsewhere and have your tailor make the necessary alterations if need be. Buyer beware a total waste of money.

barryr12
4/10/14

Caveat Emptor! I ordered a pair of jeans and carefully measured, as they instructed. The jeans finally arrived, weeks later and with no up-front suggestion when they might arrive; they were so narrow in the butt I couldn't get into them. The site is difficult to reach via email - my emails using their stated contact address returned errors - and finally when I got one through they sent a form response but no substantive response. Net result: I have a pair of useless jeans and they've gone silent.

I would stay away from these people like the plague.

andyo6
4/1/14

I followed their instructions and measured an existing pair of jeans (36 by 34) turned out to be 39.5 by 34. Sent all the meausrements off to them and got back a perfect fit. Am absolutely over the moon with my new jeans and about to order more. Absolutely brilliant and on top of that very affordable.

rosemaryk1
3/29/14

I can never find jeans to fit me as I'm big in the hips and thighs and small in the waist. I ordered a pair of skinny jeans and was careful to follow the directions provided on the website and am quite pleased with the jeans I got. I have recommended the site to several other people, including my son who will buy a pair of pants and immediately want to alter them, so it seems ideal for him as well. The shipping was fast.

simonp21
3/8/14

CAVEAT EMPTOR! After a first order for three pairs of custom lightweight jeans, (a fabric almost impossible to find in retail stores), I was impressed enough with the fit and the workmanship to order some more jeans in more regular denim. Disaster! None of them fitted. They had wildly different leg lengths, waist sizes, (and all the rivets were oversized). Then began my e-mail saga with the generic 'Pearl" who accused me of not measuring properly, demanded I return them (at a hefty self cost) then said to throw them away, and order anew with a paltry 10% discount .
All the while stating that they were never wrong , despite photographic evidence
to the contrary. Appeals to their business sense went nowhere. I am down a couple
hundred bucks and now, on reading the majority of these reviews ( I wish I had done so first) I see I am in good company. So AVOID this lousy set-up.

reputaion

seans29
2/24/14

I found the MakeYourOwnJeans website online and without reading any reviews, I ordered a pair of jeans. I took an existing pair that I loved and measured them up! Got really excited when I told my wife I found this amazing deal on custom jeans.

Then I started reading reviews. My heart sunk. I had spent all this money (was around $96.00 with shipping, taxes and the extras which were white thread and back pocket flaps) and now I was starting to anticipate a huge let-down. Not only were the reviews not great, finding out they were coming from India made me even more apprehensive.

Then a family emergency took us out of town and I forgot about the jeans for a week or so. Imagine my surprise, when out-of-the-blue I get a knock at the door - it's DHL. My jeans arrived from India to Canada in less than 2 weeks! I wasn't excited though, I was still nervous. I carefully opened the well-protected package. At first, I held them up and was pleasantly surprised that the quality seemed as good or better than the American Eagle, Hollister and Gap jeans that I had worn in the past. The extras I added when ordering were exactly what I expected. The flaps on the back pockets button well and look great. The thread is very high quality and the denim is thick. The flared bottoms which I did by adding 2 inches to leg opening is perfect. The moment of truth...would they be completely the wrong size like all those reviews had said? Not at all! Perfect fit. Honestly. I laid the jeans on top of the jeans that I had modeled them after and they are exact.

Let me say this: I am an amateur tailor that has made several pieces of clothing. I have also modified and mended about 5 pairs of jeans. I have looked very carefully over many pairs of jeans and these are top-notch.

*Note: When you are ordering, DO NOT simply write your regular American Eagle or Gap sizes down (inseam and waist size). I always wear a 30"-32" waist. Always. So I thought I would skip the measuring waist part and put down 32" - at the last minute I measured just to be sure...36"! The size you normally wear is simply a number - it is not how big you are. Even now, it's hard to imagine that I'm actually 36" around but if I had written 32" I'd be screwed. They fit perfectly. READ THE MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND DO WHAT THEY SAY and hopefully you will have the same experience I had.

davea37
1/30/14

My experience with Oliveo is that you might have to tweak a few "non-fitting" jeans to get to your correct size. I have my size and the type of jeans I like, and I now own three of them. I can't get this good of a fit anywhere. Again, if you're willing to sacrifice a couple of jeans to get a feel for how they are made then I think you'll find that you can get the product you really want. I think some of the problems may arise from submitting measurements that you might think are a good "fit" but in reality result in something kind of weird. for example, though you might think that the front and back rises are independent, they really don't feel right for some measurements. Anyway, I have my size now, and I like them a lot.

guyb15
1/21/14

WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!! I waited for three weeks, and was scared once i tracked the package to find out they were coming from Mumbai, India. The $200.00 jeans were three inches too short. Perfect for PEE WEE HERMAN and I have no recourse. Buyers Beware!!! THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASK FOR YOUR REFERENCES TO FRIENDS. I only wish I had taken the time to get these reviews!
Thanks for letting me share!!!!

dwightm15
1/16/14

I ordered two pair of jeans and they were wrong on the measurements, to small in the thighs. I contacted them and after over a dozen email they said that they do not make mistakes and I was out of luck. I contacted pay pal, as I paid through them, I logged a dispute and they said that I had merit and after their investigation they sided against me and they said since they were custom made they. could no help me either, so what good is pay pal? They accept a company and do not stand behind their guarantee. Pay Pal said I should notify my bank and they would notify pay pal, what a waste of time, pay pal gave them the same runaround they gave me. Can't do nothing even if the evidence is overwhelming. It was suggested that I let a lawyer file a claim against MAKE YOUR OWN JEANS. this company is a SCAM in every way. Their way of measurement, with picture on how to measure doesn't make any difference, you get what they feel is what they decide. Don't throw your money away, stay away from them. Let's see what my lawyer wants to do. Not finished yet. Someone is going to eat these jeans and it won't be me. This disabled veteran is not going to give up the fight, especially to a foreign company ripping us off. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

andrewk37
1/8/14

I ordered 3 pairs of jeans with exactly the same measurements as previous orders but when they arrived, they didn't fit.

I emailed makeyourownjeans and notified them of this and they asked for photo evidence. Despite the photo evidence showing that they had cut them too small in the thigh they refused to acknowledge this and as such I have had to refer the matter to my credit card dispute department for investigation.

I have found this company to be thoroughly dishonest and unwilling to admit that they have made a mistake. Even though previous orders have been successful they have really let me down on this occasion, even suggesting that the jeans will stretch to fit me. This is not good enough, I simply want the jeans with the measurements I ordered in the first place!

I have other pairs which have never been worn - due to the fact that the colour wasn't quite the same as the one on the website - and despite these being ordered using the exact same measurements, they fit perfectly, unlike my most recent batch.

I won't be using makeyourownjeans ever again. The customer service is appalling and they are unwilling to accept that they have made an error.

jonw27
12/21/13

These guys are hit or miss. You may get a good cut and they'll fit perfect. But you may also get a pair that is cut completely wrong. This particular "company," and I use that term loosely, does not have a phone line for support. They are email-only. So guess what that means? If there is any issue at all with your order, you're pretty much stuck with it.

I had a pair of jeans come back that was 2" too long, and yet the checking report stated that someone had checked it to be the correct size. Instead of apologizing and offering to help, the customer rep. went on to tell me that these particular jeans were cut longer to allow for shrinkage. So I said, why weren't the other ones left at length for shrinkage and why did the checking report say it verified at the correct length?

Well, after that its been crickets so Im stuck with a pair of jeans that don't fit. Ask yourself, is lack of customer support worth the risk to have a pair of jeans that may or may not fit?

I've purchased my last pair from them and will be reporting them to the BBB and ITC. Good luck if you choose to take the risk.

varo
12/15/13

I ordered one pair of KHAKIs and one shirt to try them out. I wish I'd tried just one item as neither fit properly.

The shirt was a mess -- they even used some non-standard button spacing on the placard. I used to same measurements submitted to another site I've been using for years, but the shirt turned out a mess. They didn't ask for sleeve width and it was made too small - barely got my arm into it.

Khakis were correct waist and length but the rise and fit through the crotch was all wrong. Unwearable.

The most irritating part is the lack of customer support - all they say is "we made it to the measurements you sent." No returns, no warranty or fit guarantee.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

lt14
11/17/13

After reading the reviews for makeyourownjeans.com I was understandably skeptical. When I started reading their "about" section and discovered that they were based out of India, I was even more leery of ordering. That being said, they had several styles of jackets for really good prices, and I am notoriously hard to fit. Also, being leather worker myself I figured that I could fix anything they messed up.

I went ahead and took my measurements according to the instructions, and I did leave about an inch extra on all of the measurements. It took about a month for my jacket to go from "production" to "shipped", once it was shipped though, it only took about 4 days to get here. When it arrived I was almost afraid to look at it. It was beautiful. The leather was so soft, and dyed wonderfully, nice and strong with no runs and no flaws. Believe me, I went over this jacket with a fine toothed comb to find any and all flaws. There were no crooked seams, everything was stitched nice and tight and all of the zippers were high quality and installed properly, as were the snaps and fittings. I tried it on, and it fit like a glove, absolutely perfect with no break in period.

In short, I cannot say enough good things about my experience with this company. I can't speak to the quality of their jeans, but as I am hard to fit in that department too, I will be ordering some of those shortly. My only complaint is the lack of communication from the company, it would have been nice to be updated more regularly as it took so long for the product to be manufactured. Anyone considering purchasing a jacket from them should really consider disregarding the negative reviews, I certainly wasn't disappointed!

denah2
11/7/13

HORRIBLE!! I can't believe that people are actually happy with their jeans. My jeans were not even close to the right size. The measurements that I sent were for a size 14-16. I received a size 8-10. Also, keep in mind that this company is from India, and IMPOSSIBLE to get any type of resolution. There are no refunds, and this is a total SCAM. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!

jamesw89
10/17/13

I have ordered two pairs of jeans from this company and the first was great, the second had a difference of 1 inch between the leg lengths. The right was 1 inch shorter than the left. Not great quality control. I dont want to go into detail here, but dealing with their customer service department has been very difficult and it is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had.

jond25
9/19/13

Never stop spamming ads. The mailing list is a fraud, no one can be found and removed from the mailing list.

ckh1
9/4/13

We ordered jeans for a seven foot man. They fit when we took them out of the bag. One wash on cold/air dry and they now fit a 6'4" man with a waist that shrank two sizes. This company refused to reply to any of my questions. I wrote them many, many times but they will not back up their own product.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/24/15
Answer
davea37
A: Hi, I see you asked this question but it isn't really a question so this isn't really an answer but just a quick note that I've been buying from Oliveo now exclusively for jeans and shorts and I couldn't be happier. I've never returned an item (don't know if they do this but you should check to see their policy) but I've modified my pant settings to get just the fit I want and now I have about a half dozen jeans from them. The looser fits work very well and if I try for something more "skinny" I always go with one of their stretch fabrics. Just an FYI, I think the service is great.
12/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

MakeYourOwnJeans?