US Government's NSF

Glasgow, Glasgow City, GBR

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

Everything I read and look at with make use of leaves me cold with this company. You cannot get a straight answer from them. What they offer is vaguely genuine until you start asking questions that they do not answer. Not to be trusted.

MUO's tech info is often useful, but beware of their "deals." After a particularly bad experience with one of thie vendors, I started looking them up on Better Business Bureau and similar sites. Every one I looked at was rated "F" or, if unrated, had numerous unresolved complaints. MUO claims they "curate" their merchants and they can be trusted. That is either deliberately misleading or a fabrication. They also promote questionable software and services that pay them for the promo, so read carefully any disclaimer they post about an entry. Finally, they don't respond to emails asking for help or questioning their practices. As another reviewer noted, they seem quite arrogant. I will continue to appreciate their guides, but carefully. They are simply untrustworthy in too many areas.

Spying on the behind the scenes lives of celebrities and stars. The difference is that our eavesdropping and peeking is not done through the keyholes but via the popular media that these stars and celebrities are a part of.

I'm not happy with makeuseof. I just read an article about Google Books and there was a link placed in the article that appeared to be for the Google books site. I clicked it and signed up. I gave my credit card info still thinking it was Google and I then discovered that it is something called czarmedia they want $34 per month. There's nothing free. I tried cancelling and they want $1 to cancel the membership. They probably make a fortune in cancellations. I'll be watching my credit card statements but what a pain in the neck that is. I'll never go to makeuseof again. It's a big scam.

This site is awesome for those who aren't techie at all, but let's get in to why it's not good in every other way. This site is all about the world of technology, but the staff there are snobby, they act like they are the prince of "Q&A", which by the way is never answered by an actual staff member, and their entire site got hacked. The staff should be friendly and welcoming, they're web writers, nothing special. However, they act like they are the king of sites. They aren't that useful, informative or cool. I've seen much better sites with friendlier staff. "Advertise with us for x and x" amount of money? I know many bigger websites who would advertise for you free of charge. They try to get you to subscribe, download content, lead you to annoying directories -- all of which are found on Google. Some of them are malware and viruses. They act like clowns when they seem to act as if they are intelligent at the same time.

I knew next to nothing about new technology just 2 years ago, it was very frustrating and I did not know how to protect myself from the likes of key loggers and such. my so called friends acted as if key logging was just an urban legend....ya right, so fast forward I am not totally crazy and without MUO I would still be in the dark ages. no they did not directly help with the key logging however they have such an arsenol of useful information and even a ask the pros questions forum, which someone always gives me a useful solution to an issue no matter how big or small. the guides and free cheat sheets are icing on the cake oh I guess the cherry would be the points accumilated system which you can trade in for cool software, I just got rightnote from points I earned for just being me and giving honest feedback and such. I think they rock hardcore metal style. christine

I have read a lot of interesting and helpful stuff here. Some of the cheat sheets are useful, and they had a list of top iPhone apps that saved me some money because there were a lot that were free and better than some paid apps.
I don't know about viruses and spyware. I have an iMac because I am online mostly and didn't want the aggravation of always having to worry about what site I went to. I never had any problems, but then, I wouldn't because of my OS. If you are downloading anything, it is probably a good idea to have your anti-virus up to date no matter where you are.

It shows hacking websites so people can get tools

I like its directory, a very useful directory. Recommend.

These clowns send out all kinds of cool tech stuff, the only problem is, their website is one of those that contains one of those scam virus spyware installer programs. Go their, get your system hacked by a piece of crap virus scanner that tries to self install. These guys are idiots, their site sucks, they had their entire site hacked and stolen from the by someone in Dubai, they got it back, and still, their site is one of those sites that tries to install crap on your computer.
They suck, their stuff sucks, they are unprofessional, and you can't trust them. How many times can I say it, they suck!

I found this in Ron's guide and then found THE MOST USEFUL article I have ever read for my iphone. I just got one for xmas and found this pdf on the site

Great articles just like Ron commented on. Everyone really should take a look at this site.

Another URL SiteJabber cannot comprehend. THIS is where you point your browser:

YouTube was created in 2005, but much like Google, it feels like it's been around forever. We post our videos on YouTube, look for some silly entertainment during boring afternoons and send videos along to friends.

But should you be limited to YouTube? Never! Let's be honest, there is a whole world of streaming video online that most people have never seen because they have settled for 'Family Sized' YouTube. Most sites have similar features, or features perhaps better than YouTube - certainly more 'specialized' and some have a more specialized selection or much higher quality videos.

So here is a small sample of video sites you should check out. Might find something you like...