US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

latticem

their customer service is amazing, they send prompt e-mails and update the customer on EVERYTHING. (in 20 reviews)

wille120

Aeron Chair was shipped quickly, delivered as expected, almost new condition. (in 42 reviews)

sheenac

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great! (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ronh40
10/31/14

PERFECT SERVICE FOR AN AERON CHAIR!

janetg13
10/31/14

The company is legitimate, and sent the correct product. However, plastic piece for the arm adjust was broken, and from the looks of it, I'd have to send the entire chair back to get it replaced. I'm busy, I just don't have time for that, and am just 'dealing' with having to use a wrench to adjust the arm on the chair.

annel31
10/31/14

Fast delivery, easy ordering, quality product. Have bought a number of office chairs from Madison Seating-- happy with their service.

gayg3
10/30/14

I love my chair, but it took a long time to receive it. After two weeks, I called the company and discovered they had misplaced my order. But then I received the chair promptly.

sigih
10/30/14

Madison Seating has to be the most honest reliable seller out there. Purchased a few chairs from them and got my order on time and in great condition, at the lowest price. the website is easy to navigate and when I called to confirm my order the representative was very helpful.
Overall a great online experience!!!!

jima39
10/30/14

Purchased a Leap office chair from Madison Seating. The price was the lowest I could find and the order was filled immediately. I received the chair with no damage. I was completely satisfied and would definitely check with Madison when shopping again.

sheenac
10/29/14

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great!
Received it in a timely manner, works perfectly, helpful cusomer service and best of all GREAT PRICING.
Definitely planning on making future purchases.

meirc
10/28/14

After buying online with Madisonseating.com , I have a whole respect for online buying. They were so professional and caring while dealing with any questions and making sure my order went thru without a hitch.
In one word- Madisonseating.com is the way to go!!

keithe15
10/26/14

I was quite pleased that I found the brand name product that I was looking for at a great price! The ordering process was easy and the customer service was above board. Thank You.

anner15
10/26/14

Was able to call in and get a live person to answer my questions. He assured me the used Herman Miller office chair I was eyeing was in excellent condition. The shipping was fast, the chair was packaged properly and assembly instructions included were easy to follow. Just a thorough cleaning and my chair is like new...I saved about $400! This chair is used daily in my home office and suits me nicely.

bryanl21
10/25/14

Chair was shipped quickly, as described and priced right.

daphnel1
10/25/14

Our company exclusively uses MadisonSeating to purchase our office chairs. We love the chairs and the prices!

arir8
10/24/14

I just received 10 chairs from Madison seating. Let me tell you this was one of my greatest online shopping experience yet.
I had a few questions about the chairs etc etc I called up as poke to a manager there named Joseph or. He was helpful and very very knowledgeable concerning all the details. The shipping method was great chairs we rein perfect condition. Didn't have one hiccup in the process. Prices were great, customer service was amazing as I had a tons ofquestions. Joseph is the man to talk to!

jenny345
10/6/14

10 year warranty is a fraud. these guys claim a 10 year warranty but my chair broke after 3 months and they don't stand behind it. make sure you google search madison seating before purchasing and you will see all the negative reviews. these guys are a fraud

wille120
7/22/14

Aeron Chair was shipped quickly, delivered as expected, almost new condition. Big savings over a new Aeron, glad I purchased with Madison Seating!

laurier5
6/18/14

Horrible customer service. I ordered a display cabinet online. It took forever to be delivered and when it was it was damaged so I took pictures and refused delivery. Then I immediately submitted a request for return. When I was not issued the return number that I was supposed to get, I contacted customer service and they told me that they were working directly with the delivery company and I didn't need to worry about it. After waiting several weeks to hear back from them on how they were going to resolve my return, I filed a complaint with my credit card company to dispute the Madison Seating charge. At that point I finally got an e-mail from Madison Seating, but still no resolution. I never heard back from Madison Seating, but several weeks later I got a notice from my credit card company that Madison Seating had issued a refund.

bryanl18
5/26/14

Pretty questionable customer service. I ordered an Aeron chair over a month ago and it took an extra week than estimated for it to arrive. As soon as I assembled the chair, one of the screws that holds together an armrest assembly literally broke. The screw, as far as I can tell, cannot be replaced. The only solution is a replacement armrest.

What did they do when I contacted them about it, WITH PICTURES in detail? They sent me screws for the seat back. Why? I don't know. After I contacted them again, they indeed sent me the correct screw, but no instructions on how to fix it. Granted, it can't be done anyway.

That's how bad their service is. They either don't even bother to read your complaints or are ignorant.

pablog12
5/5/14

The worst customer service EVER!!! Do NOT BUY. They shipped only 2 out of 4 chairs, and they haven't responded!

blaked6
4/30/14

I purchased several chairs from Madison. They all arrived in good condition. They're not new, hence the discount. They do come needing assembly, but that is an easy process. The only thing that needs a little intellect is attaching the posture fit device. Once you get one done, it's easy. Also, the chairs have a few scuffs on the base. Other than that, they're great. This transaction was just fine.

markf47
4/23/14

Do not use this company!!! It has been over a month since I ordered my chair. They have now sent me the wrong chair 2 times. Their customer service is the worst!!!!

Stay away!!!!

maryf34
4/8/14

Customers Beware.
I ordered a very expensive, top of the line Aeron chair from Maddison Seating. The chair arrived unassembled. The pieces sent did not fit together.

BEWARE: this company does not provide any type of paid return service. In fact, if you return an item, they will charge the ustomer 75$ as a fee. What a Crock of BS.

Take my advice, and do not trust this company for any type of customer support after the sale!

stevee16
3/17/14

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The Herman Miller Mirra chair I received was actually okay, minus the scratches on all surfaces. The open box description should include "and dragged behind a truck". I am picky though. from a distance it looks okay and doesn't stink of chemicals or smell like a 7 layer burrito. The picture in their cart showed the Mirra chair with tilt seat adjust and back lock. the description said fully adjustable. When I got the chair there was no tilt and lock adjusters on the left hand side of the chair. As soon as I talked to the sales rep I knew I was being "handled". He told me none of their Mirra chairs have this options. I have decided to keep it for now. Shipping it back from WV would be well over 100.00 I found the missing part on another web site for 40.00. All in all I'll be into this chair for a little over 500.00 still a couple hundred off, but the warranty from them is useless. If the chair holds up, I did alright. All I can say is pay the extra money and go with a authorized dealer. This transaction went okay for me. I also could have gone very wrong. Stay away, don't be fooled by their slick web site. They are terrible!

mikem168
2/27/14

Madisonseating is a scam!!!! They are not selling you what they promise and their customer service process is a hassle. There is no satisfaction guarantee and they make it a huge deal to try and return anything. Also I had to PAY FOR MY OWN RETURN. Shipping is thus not free and you DO NOT get a 100% money back guarantee. I ordered an Aeron chair that was supposedly open box, but it was heavily damaged and used, painted over and the seal for the height adjustment had been replaced at least once. They made me prove that it was damaged with pictures and written documentation. Online retailers that are legitimate do not require this for a return in 30 days or less. Madison seating is NOT LICENSED as a distributor for herman miller for a reason. STAY AWAY from madison seating!

stant107
2/18/14

A previous user said it best: "smells like the inside of a fiesta on a used car lot". When I got my "open box" leap it reeked of a chemical $#*!tail. It's been three weeks and the smell still hasn't subsided. On the other hand if you enjoy sniffing chemicals for pleasure, this won't be an issue for you.

johnw176
12/19/13

Buyer Beware if you want a Herman Miller product. Madison Seating is not an authorized dealer and if you have a defect like I have with my chair you will be stuck with the shipping costs to return the item and to ship it after possible repair or replacement. Herman Miller will not honor the warranty.

martham33
12/3/13

All I can say is Run Run Run as fast as you can. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in the 15 yrs that I have been shopping online. I placed the order, that went great, then delivery that was a nightmare they want and expect for you to inspect your shipment on the curbside where it's delivered to before you sign for it. For us in our area it was hurricane season, raining terribly and madison seating still expected for us to stand in the pouring rain to inspect the shipment. Long story short found some damages and we refused the shipment. Their customer service is the worst, they act like they are a big company and they have like 2 people working there.

larrym42
10/26/13

I ordered a leap chair and got it in 5 business days free via fedex ground. Chair seems new and arrived in good condition, but this is in no-way a "steelcase" leap chair in leather. I didn't actually expect that for the money, and to be fair, their website doesn't say "steelcase", but that is what they lead you to believe by calling it a Leap chair. The leather seems more like stiff vinyl, nothing like the leather steelcase would use. The leg assemblies say made in the USA all over them, but no other brand name or designations anywhere on the chair. Knock-off furniture? For sure, so... Buyer beware. Still a decent chair for the money, but I just received it, so I cannot speak for the warranty or how long this "fake" will last.

andyz6
10/17/13

Worst company I have ever dealt with. They sell Herman Miller chairs online but I later found out that they're not an authorized dealer. In fact they sold me a damaged/refurbished chair instead of a new one. When I finally got them to take it back, they refused to give me a refund until I rescinded my complaint on the web. Now I'm out over $1000 including shipping. I'm filing a formal complaint with the NY State Attorney General and the BBB. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

paulh74
9/29/13

Bought a brown leather sofa. Said it was in stock. Then sent us an email saying it was backordered. Waited 3 months. They sent a cryptic email saying sectional sofa had shipped 3 months later. Charge ny card. We opened the package to find a white couch. 3 months, no calls, wrong color. They said their Chinese manufacturer discontinued brown so they thought we would like bright white. I am not making this up. I swear. They did not want to pay the shipping to return the couch. SO they tried to offer me a discount. They told me they would lose money on the deal! Like that is my concern?!? These folks are clowns.

I did some research. Here is the owner of Madison seating. His name is **

**[personal info redacted by admin]

luisr13
9/6/13

I bought a "new" Aeron Chair from this retailer, and it did not last six months. They now claim that the chair lost its warranty.

An email from the chair's manufacturer, confirms that they sell used chairs as new.
I provide evidence of this at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnRAiJVU8Q

kamranb
8/31/13

Watch out! You are NOT buying brand new chairs! You have to read the fine print to find out that the Herman Miller chairs they are selling are "Open Box" - code name for "used" or "Refurbished". Terrible customer service here!

I would not recommend buying from this company.

margaretk17
8/27/13

I made the mistake of ordering my Leap Steelcase chair and THEN reading the reviews and I was a nervous wreck about everything because I was so sure they were going to rip me off. When the chair was listed as being shipped 3 days after the sale, but 2 weeks later it still had not been picked up from the site, I was already trying to figure out how to get my money back.

However, I emailed Madison on a Thursday, asked them why the chair was taking so long, they apologized and by the end of Friday, the chair had been picked up and I had it the following Tuesday.

The chair is brand new, smelled a bit new which is unpleasant, but that dissipated almost immediately. It was easy to assemble, is exactly what I was looking for and I paid hundreds less than what it was going for at most other websites.

So, yes, do be aware that there might be issues. This is not a 5 star review because I should not have had to remind them to ship my item- which took about 3 weeks total to get here, rather than the 10 days promised- but shipping was free and the chair did arrive in perfect condition.

elliek15
7/18/13

Misleading in Purchasing an Aeron Chair - What does "open box" mean? Used? Floor model? Returned? The shipping label was created, delivery date estimated to be 2 days later, I received it a week later... not sure why they psych you out like that. Chair arrives, no assembly instructions with Posturefit, so YouTube it is that helps. The chair is obviously used as it has marks and dings and smells like the inside of a Fiesta on a used car lot. I'm fearful of keeping this thing as it sounds like if I were to have issues 3 weeks+ down the line this could get pricey and problematic as there's no Herman Miler serial number, just one from Madison Seating. I've owned several Aeron chairs and haven't had issues with them, but depending on what Madison Seating is selling, I am concerned based on these other views....

alk5
7/14/13

I ordered 2 Herman Miller Aeron chairs from them, and initally thought they were great...that is until one of them had an issue only 4 months later. I wrote them and they told me I had to ship it back for warranty repairs and would have to pay for shipping. I figured I would just have a local Herman Miller place do the repairs since it was under warranty. Not to mention why would I pay for shipping back and forth?
When I called the authorized Herman Miller dealer they asked me to give them the Serial number off the chair and they could do the work. I searched for the serial number and never found it. It was taken off by madisonseating. They admit to it and said it was because they were a reseller. Doesn't make sense to me that they would take off the serial number, since this is the only way you can get warranty repairs through Herman Miller. Makes me wonder if these are not stolen goods?
Don't buy from them unless you are OK with having your chair shipped back and forth for any repairs for the next 12 years of their so called warranty

jeraz
6/14/13

This is THE WORST company to do business with. I ordered one table and they informed me that my card was declined. It in fact did decline due to my bank putting a "security hold" on the card. I called my bank and they removed the hold. I then called Madison Seating back and told them to re-run the card. Again, they informed me that the card declined for a second time. I waited a few days after not hearing from them, and decided to try to order the table again, and this time it went through successfully. 2 days later I found out that they had charged me for two tables and sent me two tables. I only wanted one, and the cost of the table was $639.99. They told me in order to send it back, I had to make my own arrangements, as they do not provide a return service. I was quoted $474.78 for shipping, and Madison Seating charged me a "re-stocking fee" of 30% ($192.00). This brought my total to $666.78. Do NOT do business with this company. There's a reason they only have 3 stars out of 142 ratings!!!!

tonyr20
5/15/13

I would rate zero stars if it were possible. I paid $700.00 for an "open box" Leap V2 chair and received a used, broken (seat adjustment lever broken off) chair that was covered in some type of orange film and improperly packaged. There were gouge marks all over the bottom of the seat where it looked like someone used a screwdriver (repeatedly) to try and remove the seat bottom. Any damage that was done to this chair in shipment was obviously caused by their poor packaging and I let UPS know this after the company filed a bogus damage claim with UPS! I sent the chair back and was told they would send a check instead of issuing a credit to my charge card. If I wanted an immediate credit, it would be less the 3% fee that Amex charged them to use my card! Amex didn't agree with that, obviously and they are now investigating this company's practices. Totally rude, unprofessional staff who argue instead or resolving issues. I wish I would have done more research before buying from this company as there are a TON of negative reviews online. It appears at least 40% of the people who do business with them are unsatisfied. Looks like the site with the greatest percentage of good reviews is theirs. Go figure! Do yourself a favor and spend more money for a new chair with a factory warranty. There is a big difference between "open box" and USED. Steelcase and all of their dealers ship for free.

larryc18
1/17/13

Buyer beware! MADISON SEATING sells REFURBISHED ITEMS. DO NOT buy from this company. You will REGRET IT!

susanc41
12/28/12

I had an issue with the way the 2 end tables I ordered was packed. Absolutely no packaging. One table on top of the other with the glass tops loose in the box. I called and got a very unfriendly customer service response. If fact I called twice with both customer service reps very rude! I will never, ever, order from this company again!

matta5
12/26/12

Complete con artists here. I ordered 2 chairs during a free shipping promo and had them shipped to HI where I live, which their site let me do. Days later they tell me they do not ship to HI (yet their site let me pick it and showed "Free Shipping!" when I did). A few emails of them telling me it was a mistake didn't help.

Then the sale ended and the chair price dropped by $270! Their site then said shipping to HI would be $350, a difference of $80...meaning, their mistake would have only cost them $80 to correct but "Susan" who listed herself as a "Supervisor" on her email said they canceled my order and can't ship to HI. I called Susan and after she yelled and screamed at me on the phone without letting me talk I asked to talk to her manager and she said (after pausing a lot) that she didn't have one and she was the owner of the company.

Right... supervisor of the call center or owner? Which is it? She wouldn't stop yelling at me and calling me names because I said I'd report her shady business to the BBB. I'd stay away from this place...even if you don't care about their crap service the fact that all they do is raise prices to have a free shipping sale should be enough. Total rip off here.

edwardh25
12/12/12

Do yourself a favor, Don't use this retailer. We bought a Coaster Roll Top Desk, sold from Madison Seating. They expect you to hold the shipper there until you open the package and inspect all the items. I wish I would have done that. I would have sent it back IMMEDIATELY! There were obvious manufacturer defects, which the retailer, Madison Seating would not acknowledge, nor would the manufacturer. After construction, there were other issues, which I am now stuck with. I would NEVER use this retailer again."

carriec7
10/31/12

OK, bought a couch and two chairs online specified I was available only on mondays and saturdays for delivery and to be contacted during business hours. They attempted to deliver my living room set with just an email for notice and did not pay attention to my statements that said I could only be contacted on mondays/saturdays. They then cancelled my order and marked my account as fraudulant, wich almost got my credit card cancelled. When I called madison seating the lady i spoke with was a B----H she told me that she was in sales not customer service, I would have to call there customer service line and I would have to stay home from work on the day they choose to deliver my furniture if I wanted it. When I told her I was shocked and I asked for her name she laughed commented she was in sales, I was not going to make her money and they were closing (at 3;11 in the afternoon) So I called back nope, they were open untill 5;00. Irf I had her name, I would have her job, I've never been treated worse in my life. In an economy like this I can't beleive they are still in business and I can't beleive that woman I spoke with is still employed.I ordered the set off a different web site for $600 more, a garunteed delivery date and time,Frankly I am looking over my credit card statements to make sure the didn't steal my information!!! Worse company EVER!!!! Don't even look at their web site!!!

lisap34
10/23/12

I purchased a Herman Miller Aeron chair from this sad excuse for a company back in 2010. One of the parts to go first on this chair is the seat. The mesh part of mine broke less than a week ago. I took a picture and emailed it to them since I am under the 10 warranty. I got a generic email and was curious, so I called Herman Miller and one of their official retailers told me that the arms of the chair I purchased has been obsolete since 2004. When I called Madison Seating about this, the woman that answers the phones said that nothing they sold was over a year in their inventory. Then when I called her out on it, I got transferred to another department. This guy, instead of trying to be accommodating with the lack of warranty they have or just sending over a new seat... tells me to look on eBay. Unbelievable with the careless service they provide and then takes me through all these loopholes within the site saying that "Open Box" means refurbished... and was not that pleasant about it. Actually he was kind of snobby. When I originally purchased this chair, the seller... his name is Louis, never took me to that page to agree. On top of that, when I tried to post my review of them on their site... I was BLOCKED. NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE... BUYER BEWARE!!!

lingzhengw
10/2/12

First, they made the shipping label really fast and sent you the tracking number. On the day it was supposed to be delivered, it was still not shipped. After I called the, they shipped next day.

When I received the chair, everything was wrapped nicely, but after I open the package, the piston, the important piece that connects the base and seat was used! There are obvious tears and wears. So they asked me to take pictures to prove them it is indeed a used piece.

They made a new label to ship the piston replacement, but it was's shipped.

They refused to give an explaination why a used piece was sent out. It seems to me it is not a mistake.

iana6
3/21/12

This company should not be allowed to operate in this country.

Terrible and unprofessional people.

Please avoid this company!!!

jillh7
2/1/12

This is by far one of the worst customer service experiences I have EVER had. First off, the four chairs that we purchased arrived late. Then two of them broke and needed to be sent back for repair. The process of finding out what I needed to do to have these chairs repaired took weeks. This company does not care about their customers. When our chairs finally arrived back to us they were the wrong size! I have been dealing with this company for months and I sincerly warn anyone from entering any business dealings with them.

sobieslawm
1/20/12

First of all they did not deliver on time. Second, the chair was extremely poor quality, the adjustment mechanism broke down after three weeks use. I've tried to get this product replaced or repaired, or claim 30 days money guarantee Madison Seating offers. They replied there is no warranty, there is no money back, I cannot replace the chair because "I was supposed to file a claim immediately with the carrier when it arrived". When I unpacked the chair it seemed ok, but it did not last more than 3 weeks. They either sold me extremely poor quality product or the one with latent defect and they did not want to find a solution for the problem. They do not reply to my emails on time, they promise on the phone they would come back with some solution or at least the answer the next day. They never do. I had to send numerous reminders so they could finally reply that I am not entitled to get the money back, or replacing the item even when it doesn't work after 3 weeks of normal use. Very bad customer service, very bad quality product for approx $200 price."

jadenm2
11/29/11

I recently made two different purchases from Madison Seating online
furniture company. My husband and I absolutely love their selection,
but their exquisite customer service is what I am beyond pleased with
with. Madison seating makes furniture shopping such an easy, quick and
inexpensive experience that my husband made another order the week
after the first. I am super pleased with my shopping experience at
Madison seating. Looking forward to my next purchase!

jenniferw13
7/27/11

I don't know why no one had a good experience!! This truly was such a breeze. Asked the sales rep a few questions, placed the order and received it all in one week! Everyone was friendly and the technician sat on the phone for twenty minutes helping me learn how to use my chair. I want everyone to try this company

annj4
7/22/11

not sure

seanf4
7/14/11

I ordered a desk that was being sold on the Madison Seating website for $343. I had found the same desk on another website for about $15 cheaper but preferred the more professional looking Madison Seating website and went with them instead since they claimed they price match. My order was placed on a Friday but by Tuesday I had an email stating that they were not able to get the item and had canceled the sale. I checked the website Thursday just to see if it was still listed and found the same desk selling for $389... So they cancelled my order and raised the price. Great customer service!!