US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

latticem

their customer service is amazing, they send prompt e-mails and update the customer on EVERYTHING. (in 23 reviews)

ralphl24

I ordered a Herman Miller Aeron chair for my home office. (in 55 reviews)

sheenac

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great! (in 12 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

danielg57
11/11/14

MadisonSeating had the best price around for the office chair I was looking for. The shipping was very quick and easy. I'll definitely be using them for future purchases.

edwardp19
11/10/14

Seamless and prompt. Herman Miller chair arrived in mint condition. Would buy from them again.

jeffm70
11/7/14

Great product, exceptional price and fast shipping. Pleasure to do business with.

taniak4
11/7/14

Previous purchase history had always been great until this most recent attempt. After receipt of 2 incorrect sized chairs, returns & ultimate refund we went with another company. MadisonSeating's responsiveness was not as prompt as I would have liked & they made assumptions that I was wrong with my claims.

mathewr7
11/7/14

The price was competitive and shipping very fast!

benh53
11/7/14

A professional organization with exceptional prices and customer service.

arthurg20
11/6/14

My chair was delivered exactly when promised and for an excellent price; when I had a problem with assembly, customer service told me exactly what I needed to know. I will use them again.

ralphl24
11/6/14

I ordered a Herman Miller Aeron chair for my home office. It was marked NEW, but the site explained that it was not in the original box. The price was excellent, and the chair was shipped within a day or two of being ordered. It arrived in perfect, NEW condition. I am very pleased with Madison Seating and would use them again.

meredithm4
11/5/14

Love my chair which was delivered promptly when I broke my other office chair

meredithm3
11/5/14

Love my chair which was delivered promptly when I broke my other office chair

sandys41
11/4/14

My experience with Madison Seating has been excellent. I have been ordering for several years now and haven't a thing negative to say about the customer service. I appreciate the service that I receive from each rep that I talk to you. The pricing is good and also the quality of the items that I purchase and receive items in a timely order.

manjilc
11/4/14

no problems, A++++++++++

louism4
11/2/14

I ordered the Freedom Task Chair by Humanscale.
Before purchasing, I saw the mixed reviews on Madison Seating but decided to take a chance in light of the low price. After I placed the order, there was an issue regarding shipping. I contacted Madison Seating by email and they immediately resolved the issue and I received the chair within a few days. The chair was described as "open box" which also raised some concerns but was in perfect condition when it arrived. Very happy with the purchase and would consider buying from them again."

susant33
11/1/14

The Aeron chairs are "remanufactured" they are NOT new!! Out of the box means nothing.

Tip for consumers: Aerons are NOT new!

jennieb2
11/1/14

very easy ...I got what i wanted when they said it would be here

ronh40
10/31/14

PERFECT SERVICE FOR AN AERON CHAIR!

janetg13
10/31/14

The company is legitimate, and sent the correct product. However, plastic piece for the arm adjust was broken, and from the looks of it, I'd have to send the entire chair back to get it replaced. I'm busy, I just don't have time for that, and am just 'dealing' with having to use a wrench to adjust the arm on the chair.

annel31
10/31/14

Fast delivery, easy ordering, quality product. Have bought a number of office chairs from Madison Seating-- happy with their service.

gayg3
10/30/14

I love my chair, but it took a long time to receive it. After two weeks, I called the company and discovered they had misplaced my order. But then I received the chair promptly.

sigih
10/30/14

Madison Seating has to be the most honest reliable seller out there. Purchased a few chairs from them and got my order on time and in great condition, at the lowest price. the website is easy to navigate and when I called to confirm my order the representative was very helpful.
Overall a great online experience!!!!

jima39
10/30/14

Purchased a Leap office chair from Madison Seating. The price was the lowest I could find and the order was filled immediately. I received the chair with no damage. I was completely satisfied and would definitely check with Madison when shopping again.

sheenac
10/29/14

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great!
Received it in a timely manner, works perfectly, helpful cusomer service and best of all GREAT PRICING.
Definitely planning on making future purchases.

meirc
10/28/14

After buying online with Madisonseating.com , I have a whole respect for online buying. They were so professional and caring while dealing with any questions and making sure my order went thru without a hitch.
In one word- Madisonseating.com is the way to go!!

keithe15
10/26/14

I was quite pleased that I found the brand name product that I was looking for at a great price! The ordering process was easy and the customer service was above board. Thank You.

anner15
10/26/14

Was able to call in and get a live person to answer my questions. He assured me the used Herman Miller office chair I was eyeing was in excellent condition. The shipping was fast, the chair was packaged properly and assembly instructions included were easy to follow. Just a thorough cleaning and my chair is like new...I saved about $400! This chair is used daily in my home office and suits me nicely.

bryanl21
10/25/14

Chair was shipped quickly, as described and priced right.

daphnel1
10/25/14

Our company exclusively uses MadisonSeating to purchase our office chairs. We love the chairs and the prices!

arir8
10/24/14

I just received 10 chairs from Madison seating. Let me tell you this was one of my greatest online shopping experience yet.
I had a few questions about the chairs etc etc I called up as poke to a manager there named Joseph or. He was helpful and very very knowledgeable concerning all the details. The shipping method was great chairs we rein perfect condition. Didn't have one hiccup in the process. Prices were great, customer service was amazing as I had a tons ofquestions. Joseph is the man to talk to!

jenny345
10/6/14

10 year warranty is a fraud. these guys claim a 10 year warranty but my chair broke after 3 months and they don't stand behind it. make sure you google search madison seating before purchasing and you will see all the negative reviews. these guys are a fraud

haima
10/3/14

chair came broken after 30 days! had to dispute my credit card

Tip for consumers: buy it somewhere else!

wille120
7/22/14

Aeron Chair was shipped quickly, delivered as expected, almost new condition. Big savings over a new Aeron, glad I purchased with Madison Seating!

laurier5
6/18/14

Horrible customer service. I ordered a display cabinet online. It took forever to be delivered and when it was it was damaged so I took pictures and refused delivery. Then I immediately submitted a request for return. When I was not issued the return number that I was supposed to get, I contacted customer service and they told me that they were working directly with the delivery company and I didn't need to worry about it. After waiting several weeks to hear back from them on how they were going to resolve my return, I filed a complaint with my credit card company to dispute the Madison Seating charge. At that point I finally got an e-mail from Madison Seating, but still no resolution. I never heard back from Madison Seating, but several weeks later I got a notice from my credit card company that Madison Seating had issued a refund.

bryanl18
5/26/14

Pretty questionable customer service. I ordered an Aeron chair over a month ago and it took an extra week than estimated for it to arrive. As soon as I assembled the chair, one of the screws that holds together an armrest assembly literally broke. The screw, as far as I can tell, cannot be replaced. The only solution is a replacement armrest.

What did they do when I contacted them about it, WITH PICTURES in detail? They sent me screws for the seat back. Why? I don't know. After I contacted them again, they indeed sent me the correct screw, but no instructions on how to fix it. Granted, it can't be done anyway.

That's how bad their service is. They either don't even bother to read your complaints or are ignorant.

pablog12
5/5/14

The worst customer service EVER!!! Do NOT BUY. They shipped only 2 out of 4 chairs, and they haven't responded!

blaked6
4/30/14

I purchased several chairs from Madison. They all arrived in good condition. They're not new, hence the discount. They do come needing assembly, but that is an easy process. The only thing that needs a little intellect is attaching the posture fit device. Once you get one done, it's easy. Also, the chairs have a few scuffs on the base. Other than that, they're great. This transaction was just fine.

markf47
4/23/14

Do not use this company!!! It has been over a month since I ordered my chair. They have now sent me the wrong chair 2 times. Their customer service is the worst!!!!

Stay away!!!!

maryf34
4/8/14

Customers Beware.
I ordered a very expensive, top of the line Aeron chair from Maddison Seating. The chair arrived unassembled. The pieces sent did not fit together.

BEWARE: this company does not provide any type of paid return service. In fact, if you return an item, they will charge the ustomer 75$ as a fee. What a Crock of BS.

Take my advice, and do not trust this company for any type of customer support after the sale!

stevee16
3/17/14

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The Herman Miller Mirra chair I received was actually okay, minus the scratches on all surfaces. The open box description should include "and dragged behind a truck". I am picky though. from a distance it looks okay and doesn't stink of chemicals or smell like a 7 layer burrito. The picture in their cart showed the Mirra chair with tilt seat adjust and back lock. the description said fully adjustable. When I got the chair there was no tilt and lock adjusters on the left hand side of the chair. As soon as I talked to the sales rep I knew I was being "handled". He told me none of their Mirra chairs have this options. I have decided to keep it for now. Shipping it back from WV would be well over 100.00 I found the missing part on another web site for 40.00. All in all I'll be into this chair for a little over 500.00 still a couple hundred off, but the warranty from them is useless. If the chair holds up, I did alright. All I can say is pay the extra money and go with a authorized dealer. This transaction went okay for me. I also could have gone very wrong. Stay away, don't be fooled by their slick web site. They are terrible!

mikem168
2/27/14

Madisonseating is a scam!!!! They are not selling you what they promise and their customer service process is a hassle. There is no satisfaction guarantee and they make it a huge deal to try and return anything. Also I had to PAY FOR MY OWN RETURN. Shipping is thus not free and you DO NOT get a 100% money back guarantee. I ordered an Aeron chair that was supposedly open box, but it was heavily damaged and used, painted over and the seal for the height adjustment had been replaced at least once. They made me prove that it was damaged with pictures and written documentation. Online retailers that are legitimate do not require this for a return in 30 days or less. Madison seating is NOT LICENSED as a distributor for herman miller for a reason. STAY AWAY from madison seating!

stant107
2/18/14

A previous user said it best: "smells like the inside of a fiesta on a used car lot". When I got my "open box" leap it reeked of a chemical $#*!tail. It's been three weeks and the smell still hasn't subsided. On the other hand if you enjoy sniffing chemicals for pleasure, this won't be an issue for you.

johnw176
12/19/13

Buyer Beware if you want a Herman Miller product. Madison Seating is not an authorized dealer and if you have a defect like I have with my chair you will be stuck with the shipping costs to return the item and to ship it after possible repair or replacement. Herman Miller will not honor the warranty.

martham33
12/3/13

All I can say is Run Run Run as fast as you can. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in the 15 yrs that I have been shopping online. I placed the order, that went great, then delivery that was a nightmare they want and expect for you to inspect your shipment on the curbside where it's delivered to before you sign for it. For us in our area it was hurricane season, raining terribly and madison seating still expected for us to stand in the pouring rain to inspect the shipment. Long story short found some damages and we refused the shipment. Their customer service is the worst, they act like they are a big company and they have like 2 people working there.

larrym42
10/26/13

I ordered a leap chair and got it in 5 business days free via fedex ground. Chair seems new and arrived in good condition, but this is in no-way a "steelcase" leap chair in leather. I didn't actually expect that for the money, and to be fair, their website doesn't say "steelcase", but that is what they lead you to believe by calling it a Leap chair. The leather seems more like stiff vinyl, nothing like the leather steelcase would use. The leg assemblies say made in the USA all over them, but no other brand name or designations anywhere on the chair. Knock-off furniture? For sure, so... Buyer beware. Still a decent chair for the money, but I just received it, so I cannot speak for the warranty or how long this "fake" will last.

andyz6
10/17/13

Worst company I have ever dealt with. They sell Herman Miller chairs online but I later found out that they're not an authorized dealer. In fact they sold me a damaged/refurbished chair instead of a new one. When I finally got them to take it back, they refused to give me a refund until I rescinded my complaint on the web. Now I'm out over $1000 including shipping. I'm filing a formal complaint with the NY State Attorney General and the BBB. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

paulh74
9/29/13

Bought a brown leather sofa. Said it was in stock. Then sent us an email saying it was backordered. Waited 3 months. They sent a cryptic email saying sectional sofa had shipped 3 months later. Charge ny card. We opened the package to find a white couch. 3 months, no calls, wrong color. They said their Chinese manufacturer discontinued brown so they thought we would like bright white. I am not making this up. I swear. They did not want to pay the shipping to return the couch. SO they tried to offer me a discount. They told me they would lose money on the deal! Like that is my concern?!? These folks are clowns.

I did some research. Here is the owner of Madison seating. His name is **

**[personal info redacted by admin]

luisr13
9/6/13

I bought a "new" Aeron Chair from this retailer, and it did not last six months. They now claim that the chair lost its warranty.

An email from the chair's manufacturer, confirms that they sell used chairs as new.
I provide evidence of this at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnRAiJVU8Q

kamranb
8/31/13

Watch out! You are NOT buying brand new chairs! You have to read the fine print to find out that the Herman Miller chairs they are selling are "Open Box" - code name for "used" or "Refurbished". Terrible customer service here!

I would not recommend buying from this company.

margaretk17
8/27/13

I made the mistake of ordering my Leap Steelcase chair and THEN reading the reviews and I was a nervous wreck about everything because I was so sure they were going to rip me off. When the chair was listed as being shipped 3 days after the sale, but 2 weeks later it still had not been picked up from the site, I was already trying to figure out how to get my money back.

However, I emailed Madison on a Thursday, asked them why the chair was taking so long, they apologized and by the end of Friday, the chair had been picked up and I had it the following Tuesday.

The chair is brand new, smelled a bit new which is unpleasant, but that dissipated almost immediately. It was easy to assemble, is exactly what I was looking for and I paid hundreds less than what it was going for at most other websites.

So, yes, do be aware that there might be issues. This is not a 5 star review because I should not have had to remind them to ship my item- which took about 3 weeks total to get here, rather than the 10 days promised- but shipping was free and the chair did arrive in perfect condition.

elliek15
7/18/13

Misleading in Purchasing an Aeron Chair - What does "open box" mean? Used? Floor model? Returned? The shipping label was created, delivery date estimated to be 2 days later, I received it a week later... not sure why they psych you out like that. Chair arrives, no assembly instructions with Posturefit, so YouTube it is that helps. The chair is obviously used as it has marks and dings and smells like the inside of a Fiesta on a used car lot. I'm fearful of keeping this thing as it sounds like if I were to have issues 3 weeks+ down the line this could get pricey and problematic as there's no Herman Miler serial number, just one from Madison Seating. I've owned several Aeron chairs and haven't had issues with them, but depending on what Madison Seating is selling, I am concerned based on these other views....

alk5
7/14/13

I ordered 2 Herman Miller Aeron chairs from them, and initally thought they were great...that is until one of them had an issue only 4 months later. I wrote them and they told me I had to ship it back for warranty repairs and would have to pay for shipping. I figured I would just have a local Herman Miller place do the repairs since it was under warranty. Not to mention why would I pay for shipping back and forth?
When I called the authorized Herman Miller dealer they asked me to give them the Serial number off the chair and they could do the work. I searched for the serial number and never found it. It was taken off by madisonseating. They admit to it and said it was because they were a reseller. Doesn't make sense to me that they would take off the serial number, since this is the only way you can get warranty repairs through Herman Miller. Makes me wonder if these are not stolen goods?
Don't buy from them unless you are OK with having your chair shipped back and forth for any repairs for the next 12 years of their so called warranty