US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

latticem

their customer service is amazing, they send prompt e-mails and update the customer on EVERYTHING. (in 36 reviews)

julissav

I was determined to purchase a Herman Miller chair without spending over $1000. (in 92 reviews)

annel31

Have bought a number of office chairs from Madison Seating-- happy with their service. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mikeb262
5/14/16

Read lots of good, and lots of bad reviews about Madison after I placed my order and I almost tried to cancel it because I was kind of worried. My chair arrived within the time window they said it would, the box was a little beat up, but the chair was packed pretty well so it didnt suffer any damage. The chair looks VERY close to new, a light scratch on one of the arms and some dust..easy to overlook for the huge price savings..the important parts of the chair look brand new. Very glad I decided to give them a try..if I need anything else I'll certainly check with them again!

jacobs81
4/13/16

I think Madisoneating.com is has the best prices and customer service around. Ordered several different brand name chairs to outfit my new office space. The sales agent helped me select the right ones and the prices were incredible. The open box chairs came in perfect condition. Will most certainly be back to buy again!!

kenj108
3/24/16

I ordered a Herman Miller Aeron and paid extra for the larger C size. I am not an exert on these chairs and assumed that they had sent me the correct size. About 22 months later, another vender (selling headrests) asked me to check the size of the chair based on the number of small bumps on the back - lo and behold, they had sent me a smaller "B" sized chair.

When I tried to switch out the chair I was simply told there is a 30 day warranty. The extra $49 I paid for the larger chair I never received was not refunded and I am stuck with the wrong sized chair for my frame. I am extremely disapointed.

anitav6
3/15/16

I love my new chair. My favorite part about the chair is that the arms move in and out so I can get closer to my desk and key board.

julissav
2/18/16

I was determined to purchase a Herman Miller chair without spending over $1000. Low and behold Madisonseating provided the perfect price for exactly what I was looking for.

I suffer from extreme lower back pain.I called in regards to this particular product line and the representative took his time going over all of the details and features that would suit my particular needs. With his help Finalizing my purchase for the Aeron highly adjustable chair with the posture fit was a no brainer. It arrived within the 10-14 business day delivery time frame as promised and I honestly couldn't have been more excited. Although its advertised as an open box special, my chair arrived in MINT condition. The representatives are always a pleasure to speak with and they always respond to all of my emails almost immediately.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a great office chair at an amazing price Madisonseating is the place to go.

dinag5
1/26/16

I think Madisonseating.com is an awesome company. I’m glad I didn’t base my purchase on the last few reviews posted.

As far as their open box specials are concerned, I have been placing orders for my company with Madisonseating.com since 2012. We have never had an issue with the quality of the chairs. We saved thousands of dollars and received nothing less than top notch chairs. We requested warranty service on a few arms, as many of our employees tend to push the chair under the desk. The warranty service was seamless and interacting with the customer service staff was great.

If you are looking to receive quality brand name chairs at the lowest prices around, this is the website for you.

chanam2
1/26/16

I recently received a large shipment of ergonomic office chairs from Madisonseating.com. I am not only impressed with the excellent condition of the chairs but the crazy savings I received on my purchase. Being a start up company, I am extremely conscious of every dollar I spend. I stumbled onto Madisonseating.com’s website while searching on Amazon for some good deals on brand name chairs. I saw they had excellent reviews so I decided to contact them directly regarding any additional discounts they can afford me if I ordered a large quantity. I was transferred to their corporate sales department and spoke to a nice young lady who was extremely knowledgeable on the chairs and did infact award me a special volume discount rate. The chairs arrived with Fedex and required just a simple assembly. I am hoping to do more hires before the summer and will most definitely come back to Madisonseating.com for additional chairs. Their prices are the lowest and they had terrific service to boot!!"

gr4699
1/26/16

Sent what looked like a refurbished chair, with no notice of that on the site when I ordered. Pieces were scratched, and generally looked to be in "used" condition. The cost to send it back is so prohibitive, its not worth it (assuming thats what they bank on). Beyond this, I received a bill for advancement fees and duty from fedex (this is fine, I accept this, and paid it in full) but then two months later, I received another unauthorized charge from madison seating for over 60$. They said that FedEx told them to charge me that fee for additional customs entrance.

Talked to customer service a few times over the phone and email, and they did nothing for me.

miket113
1/17/16

Very disappointed. Ordered from another country, when the chair came, I find that this is not a new chair leap and refurbished. Painting of the back is made not qualitatively, also cheaper fabric is not pleasant to the touch. At that nowhere on the website do not specify that the chair is not new.

daves157
1/12/16

They sell 10 year old rusty products as new,

stevenw72
1/11/16

I previously had posted about not receiving a refund for a returned chair. I posted a very negative review. I then received an email from Madison Seating saying they mailed the check about 45 days earlier to my address except there was no suite number. I will have to take their word for it. They are sending me a check to my complete address, suite number included. So I had the following issues:
1. Chair advertised was black. Once added to cart it was sahire. I did not re-check the color in the cart hence the return.
2. Return received by Madison Seating was never processed to refund me.
3. I called and emailed many times and could speak with nobody who could resolve my issue.
4. They said they mailed me a check 45 days earlier but nobody told me this.

The mitigating circumstances to all this is the amount of time that had passed. Approximately a year and a half had past before I discovered I had not been reimbursed on my Mastercard. I had furnished an office and did not discover the missing reimbursement until I was doing my taxes. Per their office they cannot research back that long over the phone. In all fairness, assuming I receive my replacement check, I cannot say they did not make things right. I can say I did not speak with anybody to help me until after I posted my previous really bad review.

cg57
12/16/15

I ordered a Steelcase Criterion char from Madison Seating and learned some hard lessons when attempting to get replacement parts (wheels).

Per the policy page, http://www.madisonseating.com/terms-of-use.html, "Open Box" simply means that the item has been removed from its original packaging. The chair was returned, refurbished, reconditioned, or the price has been reduced due to an overstock of open box inventory.

But, what they do not tell you is that the serial/model number tag will also be removed from the char. Per email interchange "again, the serial number must be removed as the chairs are not covered by the Steelcase warranty". Without this information it is very difficult to get replacement parts. It is also very difficult to determine what chair was actually purchased. Although a current Criterion chair sells for ~800 and Madison Seating sells their open box version for ~150, Steelcase (based on photo) estimate that my chair was made in the 2000s based on pin configuration in the base.

Bottom line, I would not use Madison Seating again for any 'open box' item or any other chair that is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

adamg55
12/15/15

I had originally posted on here back in January.

I had posted that I liked my two chairs and that I thought the price was great, but that when I had done my research I was worried after some of the reviews I had found.
It took two weeks for my chairs to show up, The chairs squeaked a bit, but I explained that for the price I was totally OK with that, everything else was "like-new". Overall I thought that it was a good experience and I was glad that I had made the purchase.
Two weeks later the chairs got a discount for 25$ cheaper than I had paid, and I had sent an email about getting a price match, I recieved a reply that that it would be a possibility and that they would check and let me know.
My next reply was that I could not get a price match due to my negative review, I did not see my review as negative, I thought it was honest and primarily positive.

that was when Madison Seating got wind of my review and started calling me, my review was "not worded to their liking and I had to change it", or send the chairs back so they could "correct any problems". It took two weeks from ordering to get my chair, I was not going to send it back and be without my chairs because of a squeak.

After I refused to send the chairs back, I got called again, then again, then by the sales woman's manager.
He said that my review was causing issues and being brought up in their weekly meeting, asked if he could make it right and I could take my review down.

I agreed to remove my review, if they would just agree to my original price match request, that I had no problems with the purchase and that I thought the review was honest and positive, he agreed, I took my reviews down.
That was a few months ago, and as soon as I took my reviews down, I never heard another word.

I never did believe the 5 star ratings on any of the sites, it was all 5 star ratings, or 1/2 star ratings with almost nothing in between. Realize that that is because they harass the people who leave low ratings until they get what they want. I just wonder how many people they got what they wanted from and then did not hold up their end of the bargain.

bryanh69
12/9/15

I am very happy with my chair purchase from Madison Seating. I called them to go over the details of the chair I wanted to purchase and the staff was very well informed and I ended up placing my order over the phone. Initial shipping time to actual delivery was a little long (nearly 15 full business days). The chair was in good condition, but I nboticed right away that something didn't feel right. There was a very noticeable popping noise as my weight shifted; hardly indicative of the high-quality chair I was expecting. A quick note to Madison's Customer Service and a return shipping label was provided. As soon as it was picked up, a replacement chair was on its way. The replacement arrived in just 4 business days and it is perfect. No more noises or creaks. I'm so happy with my chair and their service. I will definitely be back!

georgea62
12/4/15

I am very disappointed with Madison Seating. It all started with receiving a chair with no instructions on how to assemble, I had to go online and after searching without success, I emailed customer service and waited for them to reply with a link to YouTube for assembly, which I could not believe for such an expensive chair.

They also sent a part that did not belong to the chair, so I spent I good amount of time figuring out where to put the part, after emailing them they just said it was an error.

After assembling the chair, a week or two later I noticed the chair was small and I thought I was not very happy with the chair, so I went online and found a YouTube video discussing how to verify the size of the Aeron chair, which confirmed they shipped the wrong size. I am 6'4, so a small chair would not work. After I emailed them, they did not apologize, they emailed me a shipping label to return it. Which means you have to take the chair down and find a huge box or hopefully you kept the huge box just in case you need to return it. You also need to miss a day of work to stay home during the week waiting for FedEx all day to pickup the huge box.

After returning the chair, they said they would immediately send a new chair, they did not, they waited for the chair to arrive and waited about a week to send the new chair, its been a month and a half chair drama. Buy your chair locally, you might find the deal attractive, but they can care less about their customers.

amandah60
11/12/15

We absolutely love our Mirra chair purchased from Madison Seating. They have excellent customer service and fast shipping. A+

leahc15
11/11/15

I placed a order with Madison seating. Joesph was just a doll!! He guided me through every little step of getting my order in. It was for only 1 chair but he spent plenty of time helping me out. I was shocked how helpful and knowledgeable he was. i would never go anywhere again for all my seating needs.

joshuak30
11/10/15

I'm reversing an original review. There was some slight miscommunication (I believe both of us were to blame) around a return, but in the end, Madison Seating really stepped up.

I previously purchased an Aeron chair from them and that was a great experience too.

Highly recommended.

stacief
10/30/15

After 14 days I called to find out the status of my order - "Will be shipping in a few days, you'll get an email confirming it shortly."

2 days later, I get an email that the chair I ordered was no longer available, my order was being canceled. Alternatively, I could choose to pay over 40% more for a different color.

When I called to complain, "We understand, but there's nothing we can do - we won't sub the traditional color for the color you ordered. We're sorry we acted this way."

What horrible customer service - lies and refusal to correct problems.

jeffreyj15
7/14/15

I have been a fan of Madison Seating since I first found them online. I have been able to outfit my business office furniture with them at a great value and in a timely manor. I am looking forward to the next time I have to redecorate so I can use them again.

karync2
1/26/15

The chair was exactly as described, and was shipped quickly.
Overall, a great experience! :)

loris127
1/15/15

Great chairs and they arrived much sooner than we expected. They were very easy to put together; just three simple steps.

avantim
1/14/15

The seats are very comfortable

elinore1
1/13/15

Super comfortable chair at really great price. Very easy to assemble.

jimw59
1/12/15

Everything was as expected. Excellent quality

davidr128
1/12/15

Outstanding service. The chairs we have purchased through Madison Seating have been exactly what we've expected, and we're very happy to have found such a great source for our Steelcase products.

BTW...we have had to return one chair, and the Madison Seating team was awesome. The financials were cleared up fast, and the replacement was sent in very good time. Nice work to the Madison Seating Customer Service group!

janet413
1/12/15

I have ordered several office chairs from Madison Seating at incredible savings. The chairs were ordered for employees with back problems and they have been very effective at relieving the problems. I will be ordering again.

shariw4
1/12/15

The chairs were as described. The descriptions were a little confusing so I had to call customer service for some clarification. The CSR was helpful and assisted me in completing my order.

johna351
1/12/15

Chair matched the description perfect. Shipping was prompt and chair was very easy to assemble. We will be ordering more chairs from Madison as our needs increase. Thanks for a great experience!

richardp64
1/7/15

I had a lot of hesitation placing my order with Madison. I had read many good as well as many poor reviews. I wanted a Knoll Life chair. This was listed as "open box." I discussed this by phone with a sales rep. They suggested this would be a display chair with mild wear. A 10-14 day expected delivery was anticipated. The chair was ordered just before Christmas, an admittedly busy time, and arrived in 15 days. It was packed extremely well, with tons of bubble wrap and in a sturdy box. The chair was in excellent condition with just tiny scuff marks on the legs of the base. The rest of the chair was like new. The only problem was with one of the arms that would not hold its position and was of a slightly different style than the other arm. I called on a Saturday when only sales people were available, and left pictures on an e-mail. On Monday a service person called and was apologetic. They shipped out two new arms and did not request the old ones back. They arrived within 3-4 days. So, overall the experience was quite acceptable and the service department was pleasant and responsive.

johnh279
12/29/14

I am updating this review: A supervisor from Madison seating contacted me and went through my issues with me. They sent me a new chair with the options I expected in my original order free of charge and made arrangements for me to return the original chair free of charge. They went above and beyond to resolve the issue and I appreciate this effort. I still feel the first line customer service was lacking in their desire to help with my issue or consider my position but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Still up in the air if I will shop with them again.

This company was initially hard to deal with. I didn't feel I got what I ordered and dealing with them to try and resolve the issue was difficult. I tried to work with them to get the correct option and was even willing to pay more for it but they were inflexible and unhelpful. They did contact me later and we worked it out.

Tip for consumers: See full review

franklyng
12/23/14

My Aeron chair was exactly as described and arrived promptly. Very easy to assemble and adjust. Only have an issue with the hydraulic lift, a few rare times it doesn't stay where adjusted but easily resets when used.

lindal90
12/12/14

My purchase at Madison Seating went off without a hitch, and the product and price was even better! I am so happy with my Leap Chair, which was several hundred dollars cheaper than at my local office furniture dealer.

daver62
12/11/14

Beautiful chair...acquired with nearly flawless execution. Madison Seating had the full featured Aeron Executive polished aluminum model at the best price. Shipped across the US without damage. However, it took a little longer than expected - no big deal. The most frustrating part was I had to go online to finish assembling this thing. The PostureFit cable installation is NOT intuitive, and instructions did not come with the chair. I'm a mechanical engineer - I didn't think I needed to punch a hole through the seat back to install that device. Check out the YouTube videos for proper installation.

dianew23
12/10/14

MadisonSeating provides us with quality service and products at a reasonable price. We have been extremely satisfied with every order we've placed.

edc22
12/10/14

I could not believe I got such a great chair, a genuine Herman Miller chair for such a great price. Now my back is no longer sore.

rachelb37
12/10/14

I love my chair! It arrived in perfect condition. The customer service was excellent. I was a bit nervous ordering a chair that wasn't brand new in the box but the person I spoke to at Madison answered all my questions and assured me that I would receive a great product.

stevenh61
12/10/14

I needed two more Herman Miller Chairs that people in the office liked and Costco was no longer carrying them, but Madison seating had them at a great price and send them to me quickly.

lanceu
12/10/14

My credit card got hacked and they did a great job at working with me - really appreciate the customer service!

richm204
12/9/14

Simple, straightforward, delivered within the time range, and in perfect condition. Thanks.

markm150
11/25/14

The Herman Miller chair was delivered quickly, only a few days after I ordered it. And Madison Seating's price was very right for a unit of this quality. The chair was well wrapped in the sturdy box. The few pieces of it fit together easily. It was just a few minutes from hauling the box up the stairs to my apartment, opening it, assembling the chair and adjusting it to me until I was sitting on it at my desk. I love my chair. It's classy, comfy and cool.

brentw11
11/25/14

the best!~ fast and cheap!

deborahk14
11/24/14

They offered the best price and the chairs were shipped here very quickly.

brucez1
11/17/14

Highest quality products, at the most reduced discounts that I found on the internet.

ering12
11/17/14

I went to a retail store to purchase a nursery chair, and I found out that it would take 10-14 weeks for any chair I ordered to be delivered! I was shocked. So, I went online to see if I could find the chair we were hoping to purchase, which was the Dutailer Sleigh Glider-Multiposition Recliner. As a bonus, the chair was also sold with the matching ottoman, AND it was over $100 less than what we would have paid for in the store for just the chair. But wait, there's more...it shipped in less than a week. Everything arrived on time and was pretty easy to assemble. There was one little part that was torn on the foot stool, but nothing that was worth sending back. It was a terrific find and I'm happy to have this chair to enjoy when our little one arrives!

karena38
11/16/14

Ultimately I am very pleased with the service I received from Madison Seating. The first Criterion chair they sent me was faulty (wouldn't maintain its seat height), and I was encouraged to return it via FedEx (paid by Madison). I was slow to make this happen (truth be told) and by the time I got around to it, I was unable to disassemble the chair as advised (simply would not work). After further consultation, the company agreed to send me a new chair without having to return the original broken one. I was extremely grateful. My new chair is working beautifully, and a fabulous chair it is: comfortable, sturdily built, attractive, and wildly affordable (given the discounted price). Thank you!

matthewj19
11/14/14

I recently purchased 7 Herman Miller Aeron chairs from Madisonseating I was very happy with the pricing and customer service overall! 1 of the 7 chairs arrived damaged, and all i needed to do was contact them to inform them of the situation, and before i even sent the damaged chair back, a new one arrived at my door! I am so thrilled by the whole experience and will definitely be coming back to them for my future furniture needs!

danielg57
11/11/14

MadisonSeating had the best price around for the office chair I was looking for. The shipping was very quick and easy. I'll definitely be using them for future purchases.

edwardp19
11/10/14

Seamless and prompt. Herman Miller chair arrived in mint condition. Would buy from them again.

jeffm70
11/7/14

Great product, exceptional price and fast shipping. Pleasure to do business with.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2/14/16
Add your answer
6/2/15
Answer
madisons20
A: Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!
6/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.
MadisonSeating?