US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

latticem

their customer service is amazing, they send prompt e-mails and update the customer on EVERYTHING. (in 29 reviews)

markm150

The Herman Miller chair was delivered quickly, only a few days after I ordered it. (in 73 reviews)

annel31

Have bought a number of office chairs from Madison Seating-- happy with their service. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

karync2
1/26/15

The chair was exactly as described, and was shipped quickly.
Overall, a great experience! :)

loris127
1/15/15

Great chairs and they arrived much sooner than we expected. They were very easy to put together; just three simple steps.

avantim
1/14/15

The seats are very comfortable

elinore1
1/13/15

Super comfortable chair at really great price. Very easy to assemble.

jimw59
1/12/15

Everything was as expected. Excellent quality

davidr128
1/12/15

Outstanding service. The chairs we have purchased through Madison Seating have been exactly what we've expected, and we're very happy to have found such a great source for our Steelcase products.

BTW...we have had to return one chair, and the Madison Seating team was awesome. The financials were cleared up fast, and the replacement was sent in very good time. Nice work to the Madison Seating Customer Service group!

janet413
1/12/15

I have ordered several office chairs from Madison Seating at incredible savings. The chairs were ordered for employees with back problems and they have been very effective at relieving the problems. I will be ordering again.

shariw4
1/12/15

The chairs were as described. The descriptions were a little confusing so I had to call customer service for some clarification. The CSR was helpful and assisted me in completing my order.

johna351
1/12/15

Chair matched the description perfect. Shipping was prompt and chair was very easy to assemble. We will be ordering more chairs from Madison as our needs increase. Thanks for a great experience!

richardp64
1/7/15

I had a lot of hesitation placing my order with Madison. I had read many good as well as many poor reviews. I wanted a Knoll Life chair. This was listed as "open box." I discussed this by phone with a sales rep. They suggested this would be a display chair with mild wear. A 10-14 day expected delivery was anticipated. The chair was ordered just before Christmas, an admittedly busy time, and arrived in 15 days. It was packed extremely well, with tons of bubble wrap and in a sturdy box. The chair was in excellent condition with just tiny scuff marks on the legs of the base. The rest of the chair was like new. The only problem was with one of the arms that would not hold its position and was of a slightly different style than the other arm. I called on a Saturday when only sales people were available, and left pictures on an e-mail. On Monday a service person called and was apologetic. They shipped out two new arms and did not request the old ones back. They arrived within 3-4 days. So, overall the experience was quite acceptable and the service department was pleasant and responsive.

johnh279
12/29/14

I am updating this review: A supervisor from Madison seating contacted me and went through my issues with me. They sent me a new chair with the options I expected in my original order free of charge and made arrangements for me to return the original chair free of charge. They went above and beyond to resolve the issue and I appreciate this effort. I still feel the first line customer service was lacking in their desire to help with my issue or consider my position but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Still up in the air if I will shop with them again.

This company was initially hard to deal with. I didn't feel I got what I ordered and dealing with them to try and resolve the issue was difficult. I tried to work with them to get the correct option and was even willing to pay more for it but they were inflexible and unhelpful. They did contact me later and we worked it out.

Tip for consumers: See full review

franklyng
12/23/14

My Aeron chair was exactly as described and arrived promptly. Very easy to assemble and adjust. Only have an issue with the hydraulic lift, a few rare times it doesn't stay where adjusted but easily resets when used.

lindal90
12/12/14

My purchase at Madison Seating went off without a hitch, and the product and price was even better! I am so happy with my Leap Chair, which was several hundred dollars cheaper than at my local office furniture dealer.

daver62
12/11/14

Beautiful chair...acquired with nearly flawless execution. Madison Seating had the full featured Aeron Executive polished aluminum model at the best price. Shipped across the US without damage. However, it took a little longer than expected - no big deal. The most frustrating part was I had to go online to finish assembling this thing. The PostureFit cable installation is NOT intuitive, and instructions did not come with the chair. I'm a mechanical engineer - I didn't think I needed to punch a hole through the seat back to install that device. Check out the YouTube videos for proper installation.

dianew23
12/10/14

MadisonSeating provides us with quality service and products at a reasonable price. We have been extremely satisfied with every order we've placed.

edc22
12/10/14

I could not believe I got such a great chair, a genuine Herman Miller chair for such a great price. Now my back is no longer sore.

rachelb37
12/10/14

I love my chair! It arrived in perfect condition. The customer service was excellent. I was a bit nervous ordering a chair that wasn't brand new in the box but the person I spoke to at Madison answered all my questions and assured me that I would receive a great product.

stevenh61
12/10/14

I needed two more Herman Miller Chairs that people in the office liked and Costco was no longer carrying them, but Madison seating had them at a great price and send them to me quickly.

lanceu
12/10/14

My credit card got hacked and they did a great job at working with me - really appreciate the customer service!

richm204
12/9/14

Simple, straightforward, delivered within the time range, and in perfect condition. Thanks.

markm150
11/25/14

The Herman Miller chair was delivered quickly, only a few days after I ordered it. And Madison Seating's price was very right for a unit of this quality. The chair was well wrapped in the sturdy box. The few pieces of it fit together easily. It was just a few minutes from hauling the box up the stairs to my apartment, opening it, assembling the chair and adjusting it to me until I was sitting on it at my desk. I love my chair. It's classy, comfy and cool.

brentw11
11/25/14

the best!~ fast and cheap!

deborahk14
11/24/14

They offered the best price and the chairs were shipped here very quickly.

brucez1
11/17/14

Highest quality products, at the most reduced discounts that I found on the internet.

ering12
11/17/14

I went to a retail store to purchase a nursery chair, and I found out that it would take 10-14 weeks for any chair I ordered to be delivered! I was shocked. So, I went online to see if I could find the chair we were hoping to purchase, which was the Dutailer Sleigh Glider-Multiposition Recliner. As a bonus, the chair was also sold with the matching ottoman, AND it was over $100 less than what we would have paid for in the store for just the chair. But wait, there's more...it shipped in less than a week. Everything arrived on time and was pretty easy to assemble. There was one little part that was torn on the foot stool, but nothing that was worth sending back. It was a terrific find and I'm happy to have this chair to enjoy when our little one arrives!

karena38
11/16/14

Ultimately I am very pleased with the service I received from Madison Seating. The first Criterion chair they sent me was faulty (wouldn't maintain its seat height), and I was encouraged to return it via FedEx (paid by Madison). I was slow to make this happen (truth be told) and by the time I got around to it, I was unable to disassemble the chair as advised (simply would not work). After further consultation, the company agreed to send me a new chair without having to return the original broken one. I was extremely grateful. My new chair is working beautifully, and a fabulous chair it is: comfortable, sturdily built, attractive, and wildly affordable (given the discounted price). Thank you!

matthewj19
11/14/14

I recently purchased 7 Herman Miller Aeron chairs from Madisonseating I was very happy with the pricing and customer service overall! 1 of the 7 chairs arrived damaged, and all i needed to do was contact them to inform them of the situation, and before i even sent the damaged chair back, a new one arrived at my door! I am so thrilled by the whole experience and will definitely be coming back to them for my future furniture needs!

danielg57
11/11/14

MadisonSeating had the best price around for the office chair I was looking for. The shipping was very quick and easy. I'll definitely be using them for future purchases.

edwardp19
11/10/14

Seamless and prompt. Herman Miller chair arrived in mint condition. Would buy from them again.

jeffm70
11/7/14

Great product, exceptional price and fast shipping. Pleasure to do business with.

taniak4
11/7/14

Previous purchase history had always been great until this most recent attempt. After receipt of 2 incorrect sized chairs, returns & ultimate refund we went with another company. MadisonSeating's responsiveness was not as prompt as I would have liked & they made assumptions that I was wrong with my claims.

mathewr7
11/7/14

The price was competitive and shipping very fast!

benh53
11/7/14

A professional organization with exceptional prices and customer service.

arthurg20
11/6/14

My chair was delivered exactly when promised and for an excellent price; when I had a problem with assembly, customer service told me exactly what I needed to know. I will use them again.

ralphl24
11/6/14

I ordered a Herman Miller Aeron chair for my home office. It was marked NEW, but the site explained that it was not in the original box. The price was excellent, and the chair was shipped within a day or two of being ordered. It arrived in perfect, NEW condition. I am very pleased with Madison Seating and would use them again.

meredithm4
11/5/14

Love my chair which was delivered promptly when I broke my other office chair

meredithm3
11/5/14

Love my chair which was delivered promptly when I broke my other office chair

sandys41
11/4/14

My experience with Madison Seating has been excellent. I have been ordering for several years now and haven't a thing negative to say about the customer service. I appreciate the service that I receive from each rep that I talk to you. The pricing is good and also the quality of the items that I purchase and receive items in a timely order.

manjilc
11/4/14

no problems, A++++++++++

louism4
11/2/14

I ordered the Freedom Task Chair by Humanscale.
Before purchasing, I saw the mixed reviews on Madison Seating but decided to take a chance in light of the low price. After I placed the order, there was an issue regarding shipping. I contacted Madison Seating by email and they immediately resolved the issue and I received the chair within a few days. The chair was described as "open box" which also raised some concerns but was in perfect condition when it arrived. Very happy with the purchase and would consider buying from them again."

jennieb2
11/1/14

very easy ...I got what i wanted when they said it would be here

ronh40
10/31/14

PERFECT SERVICE FOR AN AERON CHAIR!

janetg13
10/31/14

The company is legitimate, and sent the correct product. However, plastic piece for the arm adjust was broken, and from the looks of it, I'd have to send the entire chair back to get it replaced. I'm busy, I just don't have time for that, and am just 'dealing' with having to use a wrench to adjust the arm on the chair.

annel31
10/31/14

Fast delivery, easy ordering, quality product. Have bought a number of office chairs from Madison Seating-- happy with their service.

gayg3
10/30/14

I love my chair, but it took a long time to receive it. After two weeks, I called the company and discovered they had misplaced my order. But then I received the chair promptly.

sigih
10/30/14

Madison Seating has to be the most honest reliable seller out there. Purchased a few chairs from them and got my order on time and in great condition, at the lowest price. the website is easy to navigate and when I called to confirm my order the representative was very helpful.
Overall a great online experience!!!!

jima39
10/30/14

Purchased a Leap office chair from Madison Seating. The price was the lowest I could find and the order was filled immediately. I received the chair with no damage. I was completely satisfied and would definitely check with Madison when shopping again.

sheenac
10/29/14

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great!
Received it in a timely manner, works perfectly, helpful cusomer service and best of all GREAT PRICING.
Definitely planning on making future purchases.

meirc
10/28/14

After buying online with Madisonseating.com , I have a whole respect for online buying. They were so professional and caring while dealing with any questions and making sure my order went thru without a hitch.
In one word- Madisonseating.com is the way to go!!

keithe15
10/26/14

I was quite pleased that I found the brand name product that I was looking for at a great price! The ordering process was easy and the customer service was above board. Thank You.