US Government's NSF

1 Review From Our Community

jaxc
New Reviewer
12/30/10

I bought 2 pair of Ugg boots from this website both size 9 and got 1 decent looking passable tall pair of boots and 1 short pair that were way too big, too wide and looked like they were made of card board. I wrote to the company several times about an exchange. Took a while to answer then they just ran me through hoops. Basically saying I was lying. I took pictures to show them and they then said that was not the boots they sent me. They the color looked off then I took more pictures they then asked for even more pictures. After 18 emails back and forth and the complete run around I decided to take matters in my own hands and contact the FBI of international exchange who thanks to my brothers help I'm filing a formal complaint. I even offered to pay to have them return I just wanted a pair that fit. When I first ordered the boots I paid $33 each for delivery and they sent them in the same package so right there I should have known they were a rip off. Where does it cost $66 to deliver boots? They should have just accepted my return and sent me a new pair no big deal even though they are fake, but the tall pair are passable. Now I'm stuck with a pair of size 10 cardboard shoes! If anyone wants to see the emails back and forth with this ridiculous company let me know I'm happy to share. BTW I have a friend and a niece who ordered from the same company and said theirs were fake too but, passable as long as people didn't really look at them!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Luckinthebox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: In my experience the past reputation of a Chinese wholesaler doesn't necessarily predict future quality of service. You might get lucky and get a decent quality copy, or you might not. It all depends on where they are getting their fakes from. Bear in mind that there are a lot more bad fakes than there are good ones. Also bear in mind that whilst the designs may be identical to the originals, the manufacturing quality and quality control is not likely to be as good. You really do get what you pay for, so if you are paying $20 for a fake of a $200 product, you are getting a product which cost way less than $20 to make. That's going to be the best quality you can expect. Some Chinese copies of $200 products sell for around $10 - $20 wholesale in China, or even less, so that's the sort of quality you're likely to be looking to get IF they do send you anything.

Not being that much of a fashion victim myself, I'm inclined to buy a genuine, but cheaper, article rather than a cheap fake of an expensive article which is going to be out of fashion in a couple of months anyway. But given how popular these Chinese sites are, I guess I must be in the minority.

One last thing is certain: if you buy from these people you will be supporting an industry which uses indentured and child labor and is known for having no interest in the health or safety of its workers. You probably earn more in an hour than these people earn in a week, and for sure they will never be able to afford designer goods because they don't have any money to save. Not wishing to make you feel guilty about asking the question, but it is the truth.
4/2/10
annw1
A: Can I trust this website? Is it legit?
2/4/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Luckinthebox staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?