US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lisaw6

I can't say enough good things about this website and their service. (in 115 reviews)

chrissyp

The second day of our search, Cheryl, from Animal control in Newburgh suggested this site. (in 11 reviews)

lorih3

The dogs had been missing for 24 hours in winter weather so we were very worried. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kathyp26
9/3/15

Thank you so much for this service! We were heartbroken to come home from work to know our dog had gotten out of the fence and ventured. As a Beagle, it's in his blood to roam, which is our biggest heart pull. While my parents were out searching and calling vets, hospitals, pounds and animal control, I found your site. What an absolute gem! To be able to help email/fax to surrounding places that we might not have thought about was a true blessing! And the lost pet flyers were perfect!! You literally took a huge weight off by the help that you offer. Bless your system and all the good that comes with it! Yes, we just got a phone call from a good citizen to let us know they found him!! Thank you a million!

ki4197
8/31/15

If it weren't for the faxes sent, I Dont think we would've found our dog so quickly or even at all! Her collar had broken off so she didn't have any tags, and her chip was registered to her previous owner because I had been lazy and didmt switch it over. So with not having any tags abd being registered to another person, it would've been hard to us down. This site SAVED MY dog!!!! We could be any more grateful than we are now!!

tivonam
8/28/15

Our little angel got out at my mother's house through a hole in the fence. She was chasing a cat. It was late at night. We looked all over...a groomer told us about mylostdoggie.com. We went on it created an account. Printed flyers and plastered the whole area with them. From groomers, pet stores, apartment communities , light poles and what ever else we could adhere the flyer too.

Finally, almost 2 weeks later, an employee in Pet Smart recognized our dog from a flyer. A customer came into the store with our dog. She called us and we came to the store. We were reunited with our Baby!

We are one happy family again!

joant12
8/24/15

Thanks to the faxes they sent to the clinics near me Monday morning I got a call with my puppy.

tinab60
8/23/15

Even though our cat Summer found her way home, I'm glad this service was available.

dianam34
8/20/15

I have used this service nearly a dozen times when trying to find the owner of a lost pet. While I cannot directly attribute Lostmydoggie.org to any one find, I have seen their posters in vet offices. If I were looking for my own personal dog, I would use the full program. It sounds terrific!!!

glenysa
8/18/15

My dog was found the same day the calls started. Two people called us in the morning after receiving the alert to give us a different address where she had been sighted. My son went there and found her hiding underneath some bushes. Thanks to my son actively looking for her, and this service, we finally found her and took her home. I really recommend it!!!!

crystalr13
8/15/15

Lostmydoggie.com helped us find our pup!

We lost our beloved German Shepherd of 11 years for 48 hours. We have not slept & have searched endlessly. When we came across the lostmydoggie.com site, it gave us HOPE! Your site not only helped us create immediate flyers for distribution, but also got te word out to ALL communities via social networking which is necessary in this day & time. Through social media, we are happy to report General FOUND! Thank you for your services & dedication to all LOST dogs!

Thank You!! Thank You!!
The Roten's

mb105
7/30/15

I am ABSOLUTELY PLEASED with the results I experienced with LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM. I found a lost dog 3 days ago. The dog was scared, staving and thirsty. The pads of his feet were torn and to top it off he had surgical stitches on his head. I did the whole bit--signs, vets, newspaper ad, etc. You name it, I did it. At the close of the 3rd day, I received an e-mail from Lost My Doggie saying someone might have info about my post. Long story short--There are four very happy people and the "Duke".

I'm not implying that should you lose or find a lost pet that you won't have to knock on doors, get on the internet, and go to your local shelters. Just make sure you include LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM.

On a scale from 1 - 10............... 15

hollym15
7/26/15

When we discovered that our Matilda was missing, we were frantic. Besides being out until 2 am looking for her, and up again at 5 am to continue our search, we decided to get onto the internet to find other resources in how better to up our chances of finding her.

Luckily, we came across the Lostmydoggie.com website. What a wonderful recovery system for lost pets. I can't tell you how appreciative we are of your services from putting together a flier for distribution, but also all the emails and faxes that were sent to local shelters, etc. That gave us a great deal of comfort knowing that places we didn't think to contact were notified by lostmydoggie.com.

Thanks to lostmydoggie.com someone saw our flier and Matilda was returned home after 3 days! It was a happy reunion for sure.

Thank you lostmydoggie.com for your help and caring for lost pets. You have our gratitude.

Holly & Scott
Brackney, PA

ashleyt30
7/24/15

I was fortunate to find my dog after only one day! This service provides several outlets to help bring pets home and also offers a great service that has no cost to the owner (unless you upgrade your options) which is both extremely helpful and rare. It's so great to see a network happy to unite pets with their families without only caring to make money. I would recommend this site to anyone! Thank you for everything!!
-A very happy customer untied with my best friend

emmal43
7/19/15

This is a great service although our cat returned home on his own this site definitely helped with our worries of knowing there was a way to reach out to others for help ! Thank you !

sandyl35
7/15/15

Thanks to lostmydoggie.com I was able to post flyers and find my beloved doggie named Jubilee. I was terrified when I learned that he was lost!! I was in tears when I was online. I didn't know where to start, but thanks to you I made a poster and quickly posted them everywhere. Fortunately, a lady saw the poster and called me as soon as she found Jubilee. Our family was lucky not only to have Jubilee back, but to have found your website. You are like a lighthouse, when in despair you shine light to guide us when we need it the most and give us hope. I pray you are always around. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

billl59
7/11/15

Contacted lost doggie.com and had my dog back within 18 hours. WOW!!!! Still getting calls from concerned neighbors. Response was beyond my expectations. Would recommend to anyone!

Great job folks and thanks
Bill Lam
Summerville, SC

oliviad6
7/9/15

Your Testimonial:
I spent hours knocking on doors in my neighborhood looking for a little Basset hound's owner. Finally looking for online help I stumbled upon Lostmydoggie.com. within 10 minutes of posting my found dog ad I received a call from a local shelter who put me in contact with her family!! I can't believe I hadn't heard of this site and will definitely be recommending it to friends and family with lost or found animals in the future.

nancyb83
7/8/15

Snuggles was gone for four days and three nights when she turned up on the front patio last night about 8:00! She was none the worse for wear, and when I asked her where she had been, she would only stare at me with her big yellow eyes and twitch her tail. I think she was telling me that the fireworks over the last few days scared her off and she was too afraid to come out until they had stopped!

I appreciated having LostMyDoggie.com available on which to post my missing cat--it made me feel like I was doing everything possible to help get her safely returned home. I'm sure people in my area were reached who might not have otherwise heard about Snuggles missing, and a vigilant neighbor spotted Snuggles and left me a voice mail message just before I got home to find her myself.

Thanks for your service!

cindyp25

Your Testimonial:
The humane society advised my daughter to use this website. Immediately after I went into the sight flyers were sent out to veterinarians, the spca, and anyone else you can think of that might be able to help. Our veterinarians office called me two hours after I went on this website. A man had brought in a dog right after they received a fax with her information and picture on it. They called to tell me that it looked just like my dog. When I got there it was my little girl! Thank you so much to Mylostdoggie.com for helping me bring Sassy home quickly and safely.
I would recommend this website to anyone missing a pet.it was fast, efficient and it helped me to bring my dog home within two hours of posting to them. Thank you again mylostdoggie.com I couldn't have done it without you!!!!

Sassy's Happy Mommy

bobbieb14
7/7/15

With so many tragic stories about people loosing their precious pets and for those who find someone's loved one and you have no clue what to do next, this site is an amazing tool to be able reunite families with their beloved pets. This tool is desperately needed. I used for the first time yesterday for a dog that we found. Great news that same evening was able to get this animals with her family. It can and does work.

debbyl6
7/6/15

Thank you! Thank! LostMyDoggie.com took all the organizational
concerns out of my search for Teddy. Armed with a quality, informational flyer I
went door-to-door and encountered a man who had received a FOUND flyer on his
door and he directed me to that location. There I found Teddy in the care of
animal lovers. You made a terrifying experience less so and you got me focused
on what actions to take. Thank you again!

hannahs26
7/6/15

We were thrilled with our experience of lostmydoggie.com. The email alert notified a friend of the person who found our dog and we were able to locate him within three hours of posting to the website. Thank you for serving the pet-loving community in this way!

jessed27
7/2/15

My Scrappy was stolen it was websites like LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM that helped get his picture and information out there and saturate the community so much so that he was returned me within 2 weeks. Two weeks was forever to me, I know that others in my position never have success. Thank you, LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM

jessical77
6/29/15

The emails that were sent out helped me find the person who found my dog. The lady told people she found a dog and the emails alerted her neighbors to the fact that someone was looking for him. Also my neighbors got the emails and told me they heard about a lady who found a dog matching mine. So we had two ways of finding each other. This was great! I'm so thankful.

pamelac18
6/28/15

I lost my two Yorkies and after 5 days I was losing hope so I turned to the Internet and found LOSTMYDOGGIE.com. I posted the information and that generated a flyer which they faxed to every veterinary & pet rescue or shelter within 25 miles of me & I printed the flyer and posted it all over my neighborhood! In less than 24 hours I received a phone call!
The dogs were being kept in someone's house for 8 days! After printing the flyer and
posting it all over the neighborhood someone saw the pictures of the dogs and called us
and said their neighbor had them and gave us the address! The lady did not want to give
them back and we had to call the police! But they are now home. THANK YOU LOSTMYDOGGIE!

Jeannie

LostMyDoggie.com

dees45
6/27/15

It's a great site to have. This site makes you feel there is someone out there who cares about your pet just as much as you do. They offer a variety of ways to help aid in recovering your pet. They also offer help for free....

I'm grateful for the website. I give all the glory to Jesus that our pet was found!!!!

mn37
6/22/15

Lostmydoggie.com found my girl and to them, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! If it was not for this site, my Mia would not be home with me and her "brothers" (a $#*!apoo named Newman and a yorkie named Cosmo) who all missed her terribly while she was missing.

This morning a family brought my dog to Highland Veterinary Hospital to see if she was microchipped. The receptionist called me immediately asking me if I had lost a dog. I said I did. She questioned me and after a while she said, "there is someone here who found your dog." I asked her how did she know to contact me and she said because they saw the fax from LostMyDoggie.com she was able to call me immediately. After 36 hours of grueling searching and posters and emails sent out, one simple fax had her back home in 20 minutes after that call. I have told everyone I know about this site, including Highland Veterinary Hospital who are the ones who called me. They were truly impressed as were their patrons.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Michele Novak
Walnutport, PA

jenb29
6/19/15

I am so thankful for this site. Our missing kitty's picture was splattered all over our area vet offices thanks to lostmykitty.com. We were so happy to go to our vet yesterday and remove the poster they'd hung, a poster from this site! Just today another vet called to say that a cat had been found that matched the description of our baby. From her message I know that she learned of him being lost via this site. I am so grateful. Thank you lostmykitty.com!

mikew125
6/15/15

I have to post a huge "THANK YOU" to the folks at lostmydoggie.com. When we lost our 11 month old Australian Shepherd pup, we were devastated. Lostmydoggie.com provided the means to quickly and efficiently distribute an alert along with a photo poster to all surrounding shelters and vets. That's a chore that would take time away from our ongoing search of the area. But it was the neighborhood alert calls that paid off. We began receiving calls right away from people who had sighted her, which helped us to narrow our search. With the help of our local Animal Control, we caught her on Monday morning, June 15th...a happy day with a very happy ending for one very happy and lucky pup!

Tip for consumers: Add the optional alert calls to neighbors. That's what made the difference in our case. The added cost is "value added" in terms of results!

carmena8
6/13/15

Thank you so much for helping us find my mother's dog. If it hadn't been for your help we never would have found the dog. My mother was devastated over the loss and when a very nice woman called and said they had found the dog pictured on the flyer and was very happy to return her to her owner.
Thanks to you and your help, all is now back to normal and my mother is smiling for the first time in days. I think the most important thing in finding a pet is to act very QUICKLY!! The flyers made all the difference.

allisons37
6/9/15

I am WOWED by your service and utilized it nearly hourly. I am blessed my animal was found by a neighbor.
Thank you for being there for me and providing confidence that I was not out there alone trying to find my awesome Hamlet !
In grace !
I did refer your service to an acquaintance who had lost their animal.
In tremendous gratitude - especially for the faxes sent to Veterinary clinics !

mikem265
6/7/15

Our 9 month old indoor cat got out and was missing for 24 hours. I entered the information on lostmydoggie.com and it was free. They sent notifications to area vets, etc. They also put a flier together that we could print right away. They also have helpful links to help with your search. We had a happy ending. Thanks so much!

joannej9
6/7/15

Lucy returned home safe and sound and I was very impressed by the services provided by LostMyKitty.com. As I was going door- to -door, people mentioned they had just received the phone call about Lucy being missing. The calls I received in response to the pet alerts continued for several days and came from a wide area around my immediate area in the town. It was heartwarming to hear that so many people cared about an animal being lost. One man called to say he hadn't seen Lucy but gave me his hopes that she would return. Renewed some faith in my fellow human beings. Thank you for rendering this service to help in finding our "furkids".

elanen
6/7/15

Due to fliers, dog located. Thank you!

riche19
6/3/15

WE PLACED THE FLYERS THAT LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM CREATED FOR US EVERYWHERE IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THIS AFTERNOON, 06/03/2015, AT 1345HRS, MY WIFE RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM A WOMAN WHO THOUGHT SHE SAW HER RUNNING IN A DESERT LOT, MY WIFE WENT IMMEDIATELY, AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS HER, MY SON STEPPED OUY OF THE VEHICLE AND REVEILLE RAN RIGHT TO HIM, SHE IS WITH OUR VET NOW, GETTING CHECKED UP, BUT SHE IS BACK WITH US AND I COULDNT BE MORE GRATEFUL TO THIS SITE AND THE INFO THAT WAS PUT OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbyz
5/25/15

We found your site when our cat had been gone 3 days. It was Memorial Day weekend, so we knew most shelters and clinics were closed, but we took a chance. We took advantage of the free fax service, thinking we could upgrade if necessary. I entered her information at midnight on a Sunday. Monday (Labor Day!) we received a call from a veterinary clinic. They saw the fax, called us. and we had our kitty 10 minutes later. 10 (ten) hours after we submitted our info, our girl was home!! Our sincere thanks for your help. We will all sleep well tonight!!

giac10
5/23/15

Mylostdoggie.com is wonderful. My animal shelter confirmed that they had my dog from this siteB-)
Fantastic site. Thank you so much
Worcester Massachusetts

suej23
5/19/15

I submitted a lost report on my kitty, IZZY! They were in immediate contact with me..Advised me that I had emailed a duplicate picture to them! I didn't think the one on the form had shown up. They sent her pic and a lost kitty alert to 11 businesses where she went missing! When I reported that she had come home, after being lost in Boston for 8 days, they sent a message to say how happy they were for us!! WONDERFUL SITE!!!

jeanm47
5/13/15

My 19 year old cat wandered out of the house while I was taking out the trash. He was lost for a week. Lostmykitty.com had great tips for how to locate a displaced cat. I'm so happy to be reunited with my friend! I was at a loss for what I could do besides flyers in the neighborhood. Lostmykitty.com provided useful tips and sent messages to local businesses.

kacperj
5/13/15

I got a call from a nearby animal hospital 6 days after losing Josie. She got injured but she will be okay. This site helped the animal hospital ID my dog and get her back to me as soon as possible.

lisap89
5/10/15

I think this is an amazing service! They also have fabulous resources for helping to find your pet! Thank you for doing what you do!!

colleenb13
5/4/15

Use this site to help you find you kitty lostmykitty.com or your dog at lostmydoggie.com. This is a wonderful site for spreading the word to many shelters, vets, animal hospitals and humane societies to be on the look out for your cat, or dog.

Is a great way to make a flyer to spread around the internet and to make copies of to post around neighborhood.
It was suggested to me to look at night with a flashlight, when things were quite, and call her name, and shake the treat bag (or do what ever she knows means food is near). So I did all around the neighborhood and she finally came out two blocks from home. The sharing and caring is awesome...we are both so happy she's now home :)

Tip for consumers: Don't forget to let the site know as soon as your pet is found!

elizabethp38
5/4/15

This is the best service for lost dogs! Fast, friendly and efficient. Seriously, it's the bees knees. Thank you so much for all of your help! The flyer was so helpful to send out to the surrounding businesses in the area so we didn't have to, it was amazing.

pattyg10
5/3/15

Rowdy, my elusive miniature schnauzer runner is home! We found him at the Prince
Georges County Humane Society shelter online, and we just picked him up this morning! He was gone for 4 days and we had no idea where he was. He had somehow made his way from District Heights, MD to Lanham, MD - 13 miles away! I want to thank everyone for their prayers and suggestions for locating our little boy. Lostmydoggie.com listed my missing dog, offered suggestions for finding him at no charge, and services for a reasonable charge. I just love happy endings!

karyne1
5/3/15

I used the free trial... And just because they sent the fliers out to the vet offices my puppy Dude was returned to me! Dude got out on my birthday at around 4 pm... The vet called me at 9:30 am the very next day. I couldn't ask for anything better... I got my sidekick and my little girls best friend back home safely

jeanneb12
4/18/15

This is an incredible resource to help locate a lost pet. It takes care of contacting all of the vets, shelters etc. in a 50 mile radius so that you can spend time looking. It also has a pre-made template so you can just upload a picture of your pet and it pre-fills your information into the flyer template so that you can just print it out and start posting them in your neighborhood.

I also upgraded to the feature that sends a phone message to 500 neighbors to alert them as well. The recording is very professional and to the point.

I found my cat and she was wounded so I took her to the animal hospital and the first thing I saw when I walked in was the flyer of my cat that " I Lost My Kitten" website faxed out on my behalf!!! It really does work and the receptionist said they take these missing pet reports seriously.

Thank you so much for this service. LOVE THIS SITE. Should be the first site you go to if your animal goes missing. They also email you other tips on how to locate your lost animal.

terryh63
4/17/15

I just love lostmydoggie.com . They allowed me to print a really nice lost poster, free of charge, which enabled us to get our dog back really quick. I highly recommend them.

kimp33
4/15/15

We got very lucky and found our small dog. He must have gotten lost in the woods- we have a lot of coyotes, bobcats and other predatory animals and it was a scary couple of days. I also learned of other small dogs in the area that had recently been stolen.

It is so nice to have a professional company that offers advice and support in such a trying time. I hope to never have to utilize their service again, but if I do- I will not hesitate! What a great service- I am very thankful for your help!

Thank you!

Kim Phann

stevet52
4/14/15

I would recomend everyone who has pets missing ro use this site lostmydoggie.com is a gift from the Lord!!

sandyf13
4/14/15

While Lost My Doggie was not directly instrumental in finding our lost cat, having the availability of social networking is very valuable at a time like this.
Newspapers charge too much for an ad; and most people turn to the internet.
I did get some responses from my internet ads, so, we know people are reading the web.
Please keep up the good work!

markc113
4/13/15

A good neighbor found the friendly dog and took him to the local vet, Lakeside Animal Hospital. The staff called me right away after matching the picture faxed by Lost My Doggie. Thanks again.

jeanh27
4/12/15

We felt so helpless when we realized our 'indoor only' kitty was gone but we knew that lostmykitty.com would be one very helpful way to reach as many people as possible in our area. Thank you for being available.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LostMyDoggie staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is it true this site is part of PETA???
4/4/15
Answer
cindyp25
A: Not sure. It did work for my family and my dog is home safe.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the LostMyDoggie staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

32 Photos for LostMyDoggie