US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lisaw6

I can't say enough good things about this website and their service. (in 85 reviews)

chrissyp

The second day of our search, Cheryl, from Animal control in Newburgh suggested this site. (in 8 reviews)

pennyc11

Within 12 hours I received a phone call from a lady that had taken in my lost dog, and my little Poe was home again! (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pennyc11
11/24/14

This service is truly a class act. They deliver what is promised and offer exceptional customer service. Within 12 hours I received a phone call from a lady that had taken in my lost dog, and my little Poe was home again! Today there are so many companies that take advantage of someone's misfortune and in the beginning I hesitated, but now I am so glad that I decided to take the chance.
Believe me if you are wavering and your pet is lost do not for a second doubt that this company will not deliver what they promise. My message was sent immediately- my neighbor actually called within 10 minutes of my entering into the contract. All communications sent by me, either email or voice mail were answered by a caring staff member within a very short time.
Thank you so very much because I was devastated when my dog Poe was missing, and because of your help we were reunited.
Penny Clarke
Salisbury NC

Tip for consumers: No matter how you choose to communicate either by phone or email you will be acknowledged and answer immediately!

wendyc24
11/24/14

On November 19th, 2014, our twelve year old Golden Retriever was missing from our fenced in backyard. We have a dog door and an electric shock collar, as well as a chain link fenced in yard. She somehow managed to escape those safe guards and we discovered her missing upon our return from work. That evening my husband drove the roads in our area and spoke to many neighbor's. On Thursday and Friday my husband searched shelters and neighborhood, with no luck. We made flyers and on Saturday as my husband was posting the flyers and I was using my social media to search for Sally and posting my lost pet post, Steve received the call that she was found. He was able to immediately recovery Sally and bring her home to her waiting family. Had she not been found and I knew of this site earlier, I would have posted on here from day one.

mayraa1
11/20/14

This is an excellent service! Thanks to the fliers, puppy's owner called right away and was reunited less than 2 hours after posting the flyers around the neighborhood. So happy he is back home!

mariat28
11/20/14

We lost our poodle Friday around 2:30. After about 8 hours of searching and desperate I went online and typed "I lost my dog" this website popped up. I decided to give it a try and thought for sure this is a scam but I had nothing to lose, I filed out the form, sent the picture... It was so simple. The very next day I received a phone call from a lady stating that she thinks she might have fluffy and that she saw the flyer at the animal clinic they had taken him to see if he had a chip on him. Long story short fluffy is home! Thanks to this site!

katem35
11/19/14

After 8 long weeks our cat Smudgy was found. It was made possible because of all of the neighborhood calls and excellent flyers that were sent to local vets by lostmydoggie/kitty. He was found about a mile away by someone who had gotten a call and then saw the flyer about him at the vet's office. We can't thank lost my doggie and lost my kitty and Heather enough. Without them I know we wouldn't have gotten him back.

Tip for consumers: They are the experts when it comes to designing the flyers and constructing the calls. Let them help you.

cherylk11
11/16/14

Thanks to a good samaritan that took my dog in and fed her well, she is home -
safe and sound! Saw a flyer from lostmydoggie.com and brought her back to us! Thanks for your help!

vanessad14
11/11/14

This is the most effective, caring and fast service to locate lost pets!!!!
I lost Ozzie last night. Today around 7 am called the police, animal shelters and found this website on Google, filled out the info, picked up my car and went to look for him again with day light. Around 10:30 am I received the best phone call ever!!! I had no idea how did they find me and it was through lostmydoggie.com

I can only say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, the nightmare only lasted few hours thanks to you!!!!

maribelq
11/8/14

A lady was walking her 2 dogs in a park. Her dogs then found Rocky huddled between some bushes. The lady picked him up & took him home. She called our home phone number yesterday & this morning. My husband answered & they spoke briefly. I am deaf & wear cochlear implants. My son went with my husband to meet the lady. It was really Rocky! When our dog finally came home to greet me & our youngest son...what a joyful & tearful reunion! With laughter & lots of hugs & kisses. Already made an appointment with our vet to have a micro chip implanted TOMORROW (11/09/2014). :-)

chrissyp
11/1/14

It's important to have as many irons in the fire as possible when your pet goes missing. This is one iron that lives up to its promise.

We went crazy looking for Angie. We posted flyers, stuffed them in mailboxes, called every agency/vet/groomer we could find, talked to a hundred strangers in stores and by going door to door. The second day of our search, Cheryl, from Animal control in Newburgh suggested this site. We were lucky to find Angie a few hours after I posted to this site because she stumbled into the right back yard.

We were completely surprised when we went to Petsmart a few ours later to get a new collar - to find our Angie on a flier attached to the Banfield counter.

I wasn't sure that this site would do what it said, but it surely did. It's an iron I'm grateful to have in my fire!
Thanks!!

Tip for consumers: Use it.

kurinnw
10/31/14

This site helped my mom and I find our cat. Our cat Scooter Bug was stuck in an abandoned house on the top floor. This website gives tips on how to find your cat and was talking about how your cat is probably stuck or lost about 5 houses each way in your neighborhood. I was putting flyers on my neighbors mailboxes and happened to look up and see him. We were able to get him out ,but he was terrified. He tried to get out of the house from the fireplace. When we found him in there he was covered in ashes from the fireplace. He didn't even seem like himself and was even running away from us. Please be persistent in looking for your cat and talking or posting flyers for your neighbors. He could have died if he couldn't get out due to lack of food and water. He was only 2 houses away.

Tip for consumers: Look at the tips for finding your lost pet that are on this website.

brendaw26
10/24/14

This site comes highly recommended. Posting was expedited... user friendly and a very valuable service. Comes highly recommended. Thanks for being available

emillees
10/19/14

I can't thank LostMyDoggie.com enough for finding my Bridget!! If it hadn't of been for their wonderful service, I am sure I would not have found her. I highly recommend their service to anyone who has lost their dog!! With their service I was able to be reunited with my Bridget in less than 5 hours. Bridget and I both thank you for your amazing service!!

Tip for consumers: I would definitely recommend using the telephone service as this is how my Bridget was found so quickly!

robertm151
10/15/14

Your Testimonial:
I love this site! Let me start with saying I'm an extreme doggie lover, and
have no children of my own. So when I started the search in the pitch black of
night, for my "son" Frosty, the deep concern was building fast. I soon exhausted
most all possible places my doggie could be. After a sleepless night I simply
typed in lost dog and Lostmydoggie.com was the first to pop up. Wow, I did not
realize how much help this was. I was already attempting to text, email, and
poster a reward for my lost best friend. The way the site is designed to start
an amber alert and lost poster with photo is awesome! After putting up only
five signs in my local area I immediately got a tip at the closest gas station.
This led me right to the nice lady who had my dog. She had no idea what to do
with Frosty, but did not want to take him to the pound because she was afraid he
would be put to sleep. Long story short, without this site no telling what she
may have decided? Just the fact that I had the custom poster in my hand made
all the difference.

Thanks ever so much!

Robert & Frosty.

judyf6
10/14/14

It was such a great help to have all local shelters and veterinarians notified by lostmydoggie.com. We had started to do it one by one, but were anxious to be out handing out flyers and searching. It was a flyer that brought her back to us, but this gave us the peace of mind that we had covered all those bases in just a few minutes as it could have been any one of those where she might have been taken.

bobm114
10/13/14

Your Testimonial:
I am glad this service was available when my dog was missing. It gave me peace of mind that there was hope.

sandrac28
10/6/14

Thanks so much for your help in recovering Tinkerbell. In the end, it was one of your printable fliers that brought her home to us after 11 days missing.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to upload a good picture - the best part of the site is the printable posters.

cherylp18
10/6/14

I had no idea that this service existed until I lost my dear cat Oscar and started searching the internet for help reaching a broad audience.
I handed out the flyers I created on their site (free of charge) in the neighborhood and one of my neighbors spotted the cat four days later. He did not have my number as he had thrown out the flier so he called a local vet who had one of their flyers that had been emailed to them from the site hanging in the window.He got the number, called me and now I have Oscar back.

I am so thankful for your services. Very much appreciated.

erig1
10/3/14

I am delighted that I found this site! My 14-year-old kitty slipped out the front door unnoticed one night. It wasn't until a couple of hours later that we realized she was missing. I was frantic!
I ran across an ad for this site on Craigslist and immediately signed up. Not only did they generate an excellent flyer of her including all relevant info (she's old, pudgy, arthritic, a bit senile, takes meds & is on a special diet) that I could print out; they also faxed all the vets, shelters, and hospitals within a 15-mile radius. I used the color flyers to post on my neighbors' doors.
Yesterday, while delivering more flyers to another part pf the neighborhood, a lady called me and claimed that she had my kitty. She'd just seen one of the flyers and identified her & called me immediately.
My kitty had been missing for a week. It turns out that she was only a couple of blocks away at a local business, and employees had been giving her food & water.
As an added bonus, not long after I fetched her home, I got a call from another neighbor who was certain she'd accidentally trapped my baby in a humane trap a few days ago. As soon as she saw the flyer, she contacted me so I'd have some idea of where to look! How amazing is that?
THANK YOU!!!

Tip for consumers: Post flyers EVERYWHERE! Follow up with local vets, animal hospitals, and shelters.
FYI - I used the free service (can't afford the pay versions).

vanessam20
10/1/14

Our dog was gone since Sunday and this morning decided to try lostmydoggy.com and no kidding I got a call from the person who found her by 10 am and picked her up during her lunch hour at 1pm thank goodness for lostmydoggy!

adolfon1
10/1/14

his was really fast!! yesterday at around noon, Marley exited home from an open garage door; time later my sister in law realized this and we started the search all over the place; yesterday night, as you might imagine, was horrible, especially for my two nieces. Today morning, I posted it on lostmydoggie.com. Three hours later, I got a phone call from a good person that saw the listing and recognized him from a posting in Raritan Animal Hospital in Edison, NJ. Rest is history, now he's at home and we are happy.

THANKS LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM!!!

mariom19
9/17/14

I am very grateful first of all to God for my pets making it home safe. Lost my doggie dot com, was very helpful from the very start, these are actual people that do care for not only the well being of your lost pet, but are motivated on do the best they can on trying to get your pets home and safely. They use every resource of the internet media they have to get the word and photos out of your pet/family member out there to as many people as they can and they email you to stay updated on both ends, yours and there's. If you have a lost pet, I highly recommend that you contact " LostMyDoggie.com" immediately to help assist you on finding your pet/s. LostMyDoggie.com, I appreciate everything you guys did in helping me find my pets thank you.

siobhanc2
9/13/14

Lostmydoggie.com is a great website! They helped us find our lost cat. They faxed and emailed 35 businesses in our area about our pet, for free! There are options to pay for even more wonderful services! They are a great company.

christineb36
9/10/14

I admit I was skeptical about this service because it depends on the people who get the calls to listen, save your number and actually make an effort to get your lost dog to come to them. We were on vacation at a cabin in the woods 250 miles from home. My 8 year old Collie has been going there with us since he was a puppy and has never left my side. Because the house is 1/2 mile from the nearest road (which is a dirt farm road) I did not have him on a leash. Someone nearby was target shooting with a rifle and the sound scared my dog into running. I called and he would not come. An hour later I found him down on the road but he was still scared and ran from me.

We spent 4 days, 9 hour a day by car, foot and quad looking for him. It thundered and rained every night and he is afraid of storms. We could not find a sign of him and school was starting for the kids back home, so we had to accept the fact either our dog was dead or someone took him. On day 2 missing we listed him as lost with this service and heard nothing from the local people that got the calls. We returned home crying and brokenhearted. 12 hours later calls started coming in from wonderful people. A local vet who got an email poster wanted to see if we found him or needed help, a few other people called saying they got the Lost My Doggie phone call and knew of dogs that were found locally. None matched the description of our dog though. Then the call came from a farmer who lived a few miles down the road from the cabin. He got the call, saw my dog in a field and knew it was the missing dog. However. my dog ran. This amazing person stayed in the field playing with his kids for 3 hours and caught my dog. He fed him, gave him water, brushed him, and kept him overnight until we could drive 250 miles to get him. They even refused the reward money. This truly is a miracle ending for us and proved me wrong. Animal lovers understand what you must be feeling when your dog is missing and want to help. Because of this service and a wonderful family nearby, my Mr. Pickles is home and doing great.

merrys2
9/8/14

We found the little "unknown" on our front porch two days ago. Although I made a poster with his picture and placed it on a telephone pole nearby, I knew it wasn't enough. We later got a call alerting us to a lost dog via Lostmydoggie.com, but not the one we found, however.. So I decided to give the website a try. I went to Lostmydoggie.com yesterday and filed a report with picture, then "BAM" his owner and I connected within hours!!! She had also filed a lost dog report with your website. I saw the email inquiry to our report, and it turned out to be her "Chewey!". I was sooo excited for Chewey and his Momma! I am happy to report he is back with his family now and I know I will use this website again should we loose our dogs or find one!! Thank you for creating this website!! It's effective and convenient! We would NEVER have found his Momma going door to door since Chewy had gone quite far!! Once again, so thankful for Lostmydoggie.com!!!!

Tip for consumers: Be sure to upload a picture of your beloved pup, as a picture is worth a thousand words! Be cautious in connecting with someone who claims to be the owner of a pet you have found. Ask THEM questions as to what the dog is like, name, temperament, or any special markings to make sure the person IS the owner.

lisad55
9/8/14

LostMyDoggie.com was the reason our dog was found! The fax and email "animal alerts" are amazing, especially since my dog was lost while he was out of town. I never would have been able to get notices to all the pet businesses and vets in the area so quickly. A vet recognized a dog the local Police Department brought in from one of those alerts and called me. It was a miracle! Thank you!

roniec
9/5/14

We were totally devastated when our little Chihuahua, Smokie Sue, became
missing..She was missing for 11 days out in the elements of some heavy
thunderstorms...We never heard of lostmydoggie.com until a friend told us about it,
after I posted about losing Smokie Sue on Facebook.....I went there and made fliers and put them up everywhere...The site also emailed and faxed out to 25 local vets and animal hospitals in my area so if someone brought her in, they would know that she was a lost dog.....It was this site that got the phone calls coming in to which we were able to find her...Thank You So Very Much!!!...I will make sure
when people lose their pets that they use this site...

Tip for consumers: Lostmydoggie.com is not just for lost dogs, you can also post for cats, birds and ferrets, plus if you find an animal, you can post it on there also...The site is from anywhere from free to $94.95...All aspects of the site was wonderful and easy to navigate..

lauraa16
9/4/14

Lostmykitty: Thank you for the helpful LOST CAT poster you made it so easy to share with neighbors and the vet. I found my Gracie!

pattid2
9/3/14

Your Testimonial:
What a great service! I was able to create and print flyers for the little dog I found so I could post them and lostmydoggie.com emailed/faxed them to local pet businesses also! And all for free! This truly is a wonderful business for anyone looking to either find their lost dog or find the owners of a found dog and it's very easy to use. I'm happy to report that the dog I found and his owners were happily reunited thanks to the help of lostmydoggie.com and the awesome power of internet! A happy ending! Thanks!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste precious time if your dog goes missing or you find a dog. Just log in to lostmydoggie.com and you can have flyers to put up instantly!

dees32
9/2/14

We lost our pug on August 28th morning then proceeded to post posters everywhere. As well as call and go to all local vets and dog places nearby. My boyfriend finally paid lostmydoggie.com to call our local neighbors and a guy in a neighborhood over received the call. He then called my boyfriend and we met him at his place to find that he had indeed found our lost pug, Harley!

Tip for consumers: The option to have them call your local neighbors is definitely worth the money!

evak8
8/31/14

I'm very very happy to say that our baby girl is safe at home. I am very pleased with Lost My Doggie service. I just couldn't believe how quick you had sent out the flyers to over 30 different places. She had already been gone for 10 days and after I found this website she was back home only 4 days later. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

Tip for consumers: Trust me use this site of you have lost your fur baby!

danielc70
8/29/14

Thanks for your help...turns out she was sick and had hidden in the basement for 3 days....came strolling up the stairs today...a little skinny but thankfully alive.

kime19
8/21/14

I have used LostMyDoggie on two occasions. The first time did result in my finding out that my pet had been hit by a car. Although this was the worst possible news, it relieved me of what had become sleepless nights and days spent calling shelters and posting flyers. This time, I am happy to report that my dog was found and all is well in our multi-pet household. This is a great service that I always recommend to others who have the need of help in finding a lost pet

gm38
8/13/14

Lostmydoggie.com was very influential in locating our lost dog. After listing Xena on the site, lostmydoggie.com sent faxes and emails to shelters and pet hospitals in our area. It also helped us create a free flyer which we passed out and posted in our neighborhood. The flyer was what alerted a jogger in our neighborhood who spotted Xena while running. Lostmydoggie.com also helped by giving advice on where to post and seek assistance and updated us daily with findings in our area online through email. Lostmydoggie.com offered additional services that would aid in locating your dog like automated phone calls to your neighbors. We thank you lostmydoggie.com.

valeriem5
8/11/14

lostmydoggie.com is the best site that I came across during the heartbreak of a missing pet. They are so generous with initially giving free services by faxing all local pet busineeses, hospitals, shelters, ect. HOW AMAZING!! You have the option of ordering even further to help find your pet. My CAT is home safe n sound now but in any case, I will always remember how helpful lostmydoggie.com was. Blessings, The $#*!eson Family from Lisle Illinois

maureens6
8/4/14

So easy to use and within minutes they had made flyers, emails etc to local
businesses. I'm very happy with this service and will recommend this to my
clients.

Maureen Saunders, DVM
owner Cat Care Clinic of the Nyacks-Nyack, NY
& Spring Valley Animal Hospital-Monsey, NY

jima33
7/26/14

We want to THANK YOU so much for this service!! The hints you provided to bring back our Cuddles was extremely helpful. We put out the litter box & food. We also put out clothing in the surrounding area!
We will definately recommend this service!

THANK YOU again!!

Jim, Paula & Cuddles :)

dianay2
7/25/14

I want to thank this site it has help me in my time of need thank you so much its nice to have a site like this
that will help us fine out lost cats. thank you and god bless
Diana young

gregh33
7/23/14

Well I couldn't be happier with Lost My Doggie. I found a stray dog and understand that putting up paper fliers is still a good way, but it was the digital flier from the Lost My Doggie website that helped the owner find us.

The dog's owner started calling veterinarians in the area and sure enough, one of them had received the electronic email/faxes from Lost My Doggie. And let me tell you something, this big burly guy shows up at my door and I can see tears forming from being reunited with his dog again. What a great service.

marians2
7/23/14

They were extremely helpful. I had emailed them several times and their response was immediately. They did everything they promised. I was very impressed and would recommend their services to anyone looking for their lost pet.

catherinef12
7/22/14

LostMyDoggie.com was instrumental in notifying the immediate neighborhood of our lost dog. Many people contacted me saying they'd received the robo calls.
It's an VERY important asset in the search for a lost pet.

Best
Catherine
Los Angeles, CA

mariani2
7/21/14

Thank you for the excellent service during the stressful time after our dog disappeared for the second time in a week, right before our vacation. The personal, caring phone call and emails were so helpful, and all without charging us anything! We will definitely tell everyone who has a pet about your site.

lauro1
7/16/14

Very happy with their service: Many robocols were made to people in my locale AND using their flyer template was extremely helpful. Many neighbors said they received the calls and were aware thanks to LostMyDoggie.com....and I found my dog as a result! I am so glad this service exists. Laura O. - Westchester County, New York

deniser9
7/15/14

What a great value for the money. Samson was found the next day after paying for this service. They quickly sent the faxes, emails and made phone calls to my neighbors. I will use this service again, but hope I do not have to.

de8133
7/14/14

The best help from lostmydoggie.com was doing all we could do to find our pet. The posters near the area he went missing were the key to finding Caine. But in the process I found that there are places in the area that most people will miss. One is the Pickens County Animal control. Please encourage folks to go directly to the animal control in their area as these poor misplaced pets are on a one-way road to death in only five days if not claimed, with no hope of adoption even if other people looking for their pet may want one of them. Thank you for the helpful tips and for passing along very needed information

jennifera41
7/10/14

We used the automated phone call service(to alert neighbors in the surrounding area) as well as the free service this site offers (to send email/fax alerts to local vets/pet businesses). It was so nice to know that all of our neighbors -- both business and residential -- were alerted to be on the look-out for Fletcher. While it was not this site or service specifically that helped locate our dog, it still helped put the word out and allowed people to know to be on the lookout for him, which gave us comfort and saved us lots of time in our efforts to recover our lost dog. WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE HIM HOME!

heathers46
7/10/14

THANK YOU!!!  The morning after I posted about my lost cat, I recieved a call from a local pet hospital.  One of the workers who live on my street saw my cat try to cross a major street and called out to him.  She took Misty to the hospital and he is safe and unharmed. Because of the faxes LostMyDoggie sent, she called me this morning and described my cat's personality to a "T".  I am picking him up tonight after work.  I wouldn't even think to call this particular animal hospital, so THANK YOU LostMyDoggie for helping!  I wish everyone else the same luck I had! By the way, I used the free service where they post my lost pet ad online and send faxes to local animal hospitals and shelters, so people who say this is a scam are idiots and trolls. If I hadn't heard anything, I would have upgraded to a paid service.

lindal73
7/8/14

I appreciated the fast service, follow up emails, and notifications to area vets, shelters, and rescues. We also used the poster around the area (saved time from creating our own). Thank you!!

reneed9
7/7/14

We had lost our dog Brandy early in the morning. I found your website and posted an ad within an hour. Your service sent emails and flyers to area vets within a half hour of our registering with you. About 5 hours after Brandy was lost, we received a call from a lovely couple who found her. They took her to the vet and saw her "wanted poster". This worked and worked fast. Thank you so much, Brandy is back home, safe and sound!!

wendyh24
7/5/14

Thank you so much for your service. I was so impressed that within the hour you had emailed and faxed all the local vets, dog pounds, etc in. 50 mile radius with a missing flyer with all her information and my phone number and sent me confirmation that this had been done, especially as it's 4th July and a holiday. Luckily my neighbor found a flyer I had placed at the local garage and called when Hannah was seen roaming around. Thank you Lost My Doggie for doing a really great job. I hope I never need to use you again but I will totally recommend you to anyone else. Thanks for peace of mind.

sherrig3
7/2/14

Thank you so much for helping us find our dogs! Yesterday evening a neighbor from down the road saw our fliers and knew where to return the dogs. The dogs were very far from home but placing the fliers all around helped them to be found. Thanks again from a very happy Garza family!

17 Photos for LostMyDoggie