US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lisaw6

I can't say enough good things about this website and their service. (in 106 reviews)

chrissyp

The second day of our search, Cheryl, from Animal control in Newburgh suggested this site. (in 10 reviews)

lorih3

The dogs had been missing for 24 hours in winter weather so we were very worried. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jessical77
6/29/15

The emails that were sent out helped me find the person who found my dog. The lady told people she found a dog and the emails alerted her neighbors to the fact that someone was looking for him. Also my neighbors got the emails and told me they heard about a lady who found a dog matching mine. So we had two ways of finding each other. This was great! I'm so thankful.

pamelac18
6/28/15

I lost my two Yorkies and after 5 days I was losing hope so I turned to the Internet and found LOSTMYDOGGIE.com. I posted the information and that generated a flyer which they faxed to every veterinary & pet rescue or shelter within 25 miles of me & I printed the flyer and posted it all over my neighborhood! In less than 24 hours I received a phone call!
The dogs were being kept in someone's house for 8 days! After printing the flyer and
posting it all over the neighborhood someone saw the pictures of the dogs and called us
and said their neighbor had them and gave us the address! The lady did not want to give
them back and we had to call the police! But they are now home. THANK YOU LOSTMYDOGGIE!

Sincerely,

Jeannie

Sincerely,
LostMyDoggie.com

dees45
6/27/15

It's a great site to have. This site makes you feel there is someone out there who cares about your pet just as much as you do. They offer a variety of ways to help aid in recovering your pet. They also offer help for free....

I'm grateful for the website. I give all the glory to Jesus that our pet was found!!!!

mn37
6/22/15

Lostmydoggie.com found my girl and to them, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! If it was not for this site, my Mia would not be home with me and her "brothers" (a $#*!apoo named Newman and a yorkie named Cosmo) who all missed her terribly while she was missing.

This morning a family brought my dog to Highland Veterinary Hospital to see if she was microchipped. The receptionist called me immediately asking me if I had lost a dog. I said I did. She questioned me and after a while she said, "there is someone here who found your dog." I asked her how did she know to contact me and she said because they saw the fax from LostMyDoggie.com she was able to call me immediately. After 36 hours of grueling searching and posters and emails sent out, one simple fax had her back home in 20 minutes after that call. I have told everyone I know about this site, including Highland Veterinary Hospital who are the ones who called me. They were truly impressed as were their patrons.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Michele Novak
Walnutport, PA

jenb29
6/19/15

I am so thankful for this site. Our missing kitty's picture was splattered all over our area vet offices thanks to lostmykitty.com. We were so happy to go to our vet yesterday and remove the poster they'd hung, a poster from this site! Just today another vet called to say that a cat had been found that matched the description of our baby. From her message I know that she learned of him being lost via this site. I am so grateful. Thank you lostmykitty.com!

mikew125
6/15/15

I have to post a huge "THANK YOU" to the folks at lostmydoggie.com. When we lost our 11 month old Australian Shepherd pup, we were devastated. Lostmydoggie.com provided the means to quickly and efficiently distribute an alert along with a photo poster to all surrounding shelters and vets. That's a chore that would take time away from our ongoing search of the area. But it was the neighborhood alert calls that paid off. We began receiving calls right away from people who had sighted her, which helped us to narrow our search. With the help of our local Animal Control, we caught her on Monday morning, June 15th...a happy day with a very happy ending for one very happy and lucky pup!

Tip for consumers: Add the optional alert calls to neighbors. That's what made the difference in our case. The added cost is "value added" in terms of results!

carmena8
6/13/15

Thank you so much for helping us find my mother's dog. If it hadn't been for your help we never would have found the dog. My mother was devastated over the loss and when a very nice woman called and said they had found the dog pictured on the flyer and was very happy to return her to her owner.
Thanks to you and your help, all is now back to normal and my mother is smiling for the first time in days. I think the most important thing in finding a pet is to act very QUICKLY!! The flyers made all the difference.

allisons37
6/9/15

I am WOWED by your service and utilized it nearly hourly. I am blessed my animal was found by a neighbor.
Thank you for being there for me and providing confidence that I was not out there alone trying to find my awesome Hamlet !
In grace !
I did refer your service to an acquaintance who had lost their animal.
In tremendous gratitude - especially for the faxes sent to Veterinary clinics !

mikem265
6/7/15

Our 9 month old indoor cat got out and was missing for 24 hours. I entered the information on lostmydoggie.com and it was free. They sent notifications to area vets, etc. They also put a flier together that we could print right away. They also have helpful links to help with your search. We had a happy ending. Thanks so much!

joannej9
6/7/15

Lucy returned home safe and sound and I was very impressed by the services provided by LostMyKitty.com. As I was going door- to -door, people mentioned they had just received the phone call about Lucy being missing. The calls I received in response to the pet alerts continued for several days and came from a wide area around my immediate area in the town. It was heartwarming to hear that so many people cared about an animal being lost. One man called to say he hadn't seen Lucy but gave me his hopes that she would return. Renewed some faith in my fellow human beings. Thank you for rendering this service to help in finding our "furkids".

elanen
6/7/15

Due to fliers, dog located. Thank you!

riche19
6/3/15

WE PLACED THE FLYERS THAT LOSTMYDOGGIE.COM CREATED FOR US EVERYWHERE IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THIS AFTERNOON, 06/03/2015, AT 1345HRS, MY WIFE RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM A WOMAN WHO THOUGHT SHE SAW HER RUNNING IN A DESERT LOT, MY WIFE WENT IMMEDIATELY, AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS HER, MY SON STEPPED OUY OF THE VEHICLE AND REVEILLE RAN RIGHT TO HIM, SHE IS WITH OUR VET NOW, GETTING CHECKED UP, BUT SHE IS BACK WITH US AND I COULDNT BE MORE GRATEFUL TO THIS SITE AND THE INFO THAT WAS PUT OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbyz
5/25/15

We found your site when our cat had been gone 3 days. It was Memorial Day weekend, so we knew most shelters and clinics were closed, but we took a chance. We took advantage of the free fax service, thinking we could upgrade if necessary. I entered her information at midnight on a Sunday. Monday (Labor Day!) we received a call from a veterinary clinic. They saw the fax, called us. and we had our kitty 10 minutes later. 10 (ten) hours after we submitted our info, our girl was home!! Our sincere thanks for your help. We will all sleep well tonight!!

giac10
5/23/15

Mylostdoggie.com is wonderful. My animal shelter confirmed that they had my dog from this siteB-)
Fantastic site. Thank you so much
Worcester Massachusetts

suej23
5/19/15

I submitted a lost report on my kitty, IZZY! They were in immediate contact with me..Advised me that I had emailed a duplicate picture to them! I didn't think the one on the form had shown up. They sent her pic and a lost kitty alert to 11 businesses where she went missing! When I reported that she had come home, after being lost in Boston for 8 days, they sent a message to say how happy they were for us!! WONDERFUL SITE!!!

jeanm47
5/13/15

My 19 year old cat wandered out of the house while I was taking out the trash. He was lost for a week. Lostmykitty.com had great tips for how to locate a displaced cat. I'm so happy to be reunited with my friend! I was at a loss for what I could do besides flyers in the neighborhood. Lostmykitty.com provided useful tips and sent messages to local businesses.

kacperj
5/13/15

I got a call from a nearby animal hospital 6 days after losing Josie. She got injured but she will be okay. This site helped the animal hospital ID my dog and get her back to me as soon as possible.

lisap89
5/10/15

I think this is an amazing service! They also have fabulous resources for helping to find your pet! Thank you for doing what you do!!

colleenb13
5/4/15

Use this site to help you find you kitty lostmykitty.com or your dog at lostmydoggie.com. This is a wonderful site for spreading the word to many shelters, vets, animal hospitals and humane societies to be on the look out for your cat, or dog.

Is a great way to make a flyer to spread around the internet and to make copies of to post around neighborhood.
It was suggested to me to look at night with a flashlight, when things were quite, and call her name, and shake the treat bag (or do what ever she knows means food is near). So I did all around the neighborhood and she finally came out two blocks from home. The sharing and caring is awesome...we are both so happy she's now home :)

Tip for consumers: Don't forget to let the site know as soon as your pet is found!

elizabethp38
5/4/15

This is the best service for lost dogs! Fast, friendly and efficient. Seriously, it's the bees knees. Thank you so much for all of your help! The flyer was so helpful to send out to the surrounding businesses in the area so we didn't have to, it was amazing.

pattyg10
5/3/15

Rowdy, my elusive miniature schnauzer runner is home! We found him at the Prince
Georges County Humane Society shelter online, and we just picked him up this morning! He was gone for 4 days and we had no idea where he was. He had somehow made his way from District Heights, MD to Lanham, MD - 13 miles away! I want to thank everyone for their prayers and suggestions for locating our little boy. Lostmydoggie.com listed my missing dog, offered suggestions for finding him at no charge, and services for a reasonable charge. I just love happy endings!

karyne1
5/3/15

I used the free trial... And just because they sent the fliers out to the vet offices my puppy Dude was returned to me! Dude got out on my birthday at around 4 pm... The vet called me at 9:30 am the very next day. I couldn't ask for anything better... I got my sidekick and my little girls best friend back home safely

jeanneb12
4/18/15

This is an incredible resource to help locate a lost pet. It takes care of contacting all of the vets, shelters etc. in a 50 mile radius so that you can spend time looking. It also has a pre-made template so you can just upload a picture of your pet and it pre-fills your information into the flyer template so that you can just print it out and start posting them in your neighborhood.

I also upgraded to the feature that sends a phone message to 500 neighbors to alert them as well. The recording is very professional and to the point.

I found my cat and she was wounded so I took her to the animal hospital and the first thing I saw when I walked in was the flyer of my cat that " I Lost My Kitten" website faxed out on my behalf!!! It really does work and the receptionist said they take these missing pet reports seriously.

Thank you so much for this service. LOVE THIS SITE. Should be the first site you go to if your animal goes missing. They also email you other tips on how to locate your lost animal.

terryh63
4/17/15

I just love lostmydoggie.com . They allowed me to print a really nice lost poster, free of charge, which enabled us to get our dog back really quick. I highly recommend them.

kimp33
4/15/15

We got very lucky and found our small dog. He must have gotten lost in the woods- we have a lot of coyotes, bobcats and other predatory animals and it was a scary couple of days. I also learned of other small dogs in the area that had recently been stolen.

It is so nice to have a professional company that offers advice and support in such a trying time. I hope to never have to utilize their service again, but if I do- I will not hesitate! What a great service- I am very thankful for your help!

Thank you!

Kim Phann

stevet52
4/14/15

I would recomend everyone who has pets missing ro use this site lostmydoggie.com is a gift from the Lord!!

sandyf13
4/14/15

While Lost My Doggie was not directly instrumental in finding our lost cat, having the availability of social networking is very valuable at a time like this.
Newspapers charge too much for an ad; and most people turn to the internet.
I did get some responses from my internet ads, so, we know people are reading the web.
Please keep up the good work!

markc113
4/13/15

A good neighbor found the friendly dog and took him to the local vet, Lakeside Animal Hospital. The staff called me right away after matching the picture faxed by Lost My Doggie. Thanks again.

jeanh27
4/12/15

We felt so helpless when we realized our 'indoor only' kitty was gone but we knew that lostmykitty.com would be one very helpful way to reach as many people as possible in our area. Thank you for being available.

beccak2
4/6/15

We THANKFULLY found our dog Jackson, after one day, in part because a flyer from THIS website was sent to an animal hospital in our town!! Our dog also happened to wander to a house of an employee from this hospital and he called his co-worker checking on any lost dog reports. BECAUSE the flyer had just been sent to this hospital they put the pieces together and reached out to me and I found my dog. It is amazing that this website sent out flyers, free of charge, to places I would have never thought of to contact. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!

davidn54
4/5/15

The first day that the phone messages went out, the VERY FIRST call I received was from a woman who had received the phone message and she subsequently led me to the person who found my dog. The End.

debrac19
4/5/15

I only used the free service. Even though Zeus found his way home on his own LostMyKitty.com was a great service. The account was easy to set up and the email and fax blasts saved me a lot of time and phone calls so I could spend my time looking for him and hanging up fliers. The ready made fliers was also great (also, saved me time instead of having to make my own). The flier gave a lot of information but kept it easy to read and it stood out. Losing a pet is a very stressful time and LostMyKitty.com provided great support. I did receive some promotional emails trying to get me to use the paid service but they are a website that needs to support itself.

tinam42
4/3/15

Thank you guys so much for being such a great community on here . It was so helpful to get the information out there to the world about our lost baby. So happy to report that Biju is home safely and received a microchip today so he will never go missing that way again.

Thanks to all of you that works so hard each day to bring families back together with their beloved furry family members. I will highly recommend this site to anyone that might need support and help to find their pet in the future.

You guys are awesome!!!

Tina Moser

Tip for consumers: these people know what they are doing , listen to their advice and you pet will return safely back hom where they all belong.

richy5
4/1/15

When we lost our cat Tasha, I was at a complete loss as to what do do in order to find her. Living in the city, I didn't think there was much hope.
I posted on craigslist, and printed flyers to post in the neighborhood... to no avail.
After I found this site and created a flyer, I used the template to customize the flyers I handed out. Thanks to lostmydoggie.com, I was able to make sure I included details that I would have otherwise forgotten. Such a pleasure to know this site is around when I need it!

jamese43
3/16/15

Although we found our pet through personal search, LostMyDoggie.com was on the ball about getting the information to many different parts of the city. Thank you.
regards, James

teresap16
3/10/15

Thank you so much!! Kadence was found this afternoon, thanks to the flyers that was sent to a local vets office by lostmydoggie.com. A person happened to see Kadence on the side of the road, and then saw the flyer at the vet's office and called me immediately. Again, thanks to all who helped bring Kadence home safely. Our family will forever be grateful to all who helped.

Teresa P

thomasc73
3/9/15

My Testimonial:
Update 2/21/15 tr - REUNITED
Thanks to a great community member, Sarah Showers, this kid has been reunited with his owner. Lil Man was found by Sarah in South ...City on Michigan and Holly Hills. Social Media once again has prevailed. Thank you to Kathy Duncan for her keen eye and staying on top of it. It is obvious how Lil Man wound up in South City, they even changed out his collar. But thanks to a great community of dog lovers, they have been reunited and they were both very excited to see each other.
Sarah and Kathy Dunkin are two angels sent from heaven. Such a great reminder that there is still caring people out there in this world. Living in Ferguson Mo with the things I’ve seen lately; that was a much needed reminder. I frantically searched for Little Man since Monday night; while Lue Lue (my cat) and Patches (my other dog) sat each day looking out the window hoping Little Man would come home. I took off work and drove all day and night searching and posting flyers. Getting leads while searching and jumped on each one; but only to come up with false sightings. At one point during my search I realized I drove non stop for 8 hours. Then came the storms and cold temperatures made me worry even more. In addition to washing many of my recent flyer postings on poles; I had to go back and redo them. Of course thinking a little clearer, using sheet protectors this time. I must have visited over 100 light poles and even trespassed on private properties. Thank god I wasn’t shot. But paying a few hundred dollars for one of those pet search services recommended by the St, Louis county animals control was a very smart move. My flyer went everywhere with calls made out to 5000 people. I even met many people that received the call from the service I was provided during my ground search. Yes, social media worked and basically gave two caring people an added means of being caring as they obviously are in their daily lives. Yes Sarah and Kathy found my Dog who has been a family member for over 6 years. I owe them a great deal of gratitude for bringing my boy home. Kathy with her caring heart and good eye and Sarah who was even able to catch my Little Man, which I know is a hard thing to do. Plus her quickness and her kindness to drive the long distance to get Little Man to me so he could get his medicine he desperately needed was just great. I think Sarah probably realized at this point I would not be very good at comprehending directions, so she brought my boy home immediately to me. Yes, there are still caring people out there in this world. I found that out today. Thank you so much Sarah and Kathy for bringing Little Man home. Lue Lue and Patches thanks you too. Though Lue Lue is still a little pissed at Little Man for running off. She even hissed at him when he came home and she usually hugs him all the time. I think those two are in love.

Tip for consumers: Flyers put out everywhere and don't forget to use sheet protectors incase of bad weather. You will need a hammer to get previous nails off the poles and I would use colored thumb tacks. the ones you can hammer in. (not the flat ones) You will save the abuse on your thumb. But most of all, hire a pet finder like lostmydoggie.com. They will take care of the social media work while you can search for your pet. Make a police report though I would not rely on much support there. talk to people. Ask e

heidib8
2/24/15

Thank you again LostMyDoggie.com! This is the second time we have used your service. The first was for a friend's pet and this one for my 15 yr old GWP. Both successful stories, thanks to your service. I don't believe we would have gotten her back without you!

jenniferr80
2/22/15

Hi Marcia W.
I tried to find a list of PETA members but didn't see anything. The best thing would be to call someone at lostmydoggie.com and confirm it with them. They do mention that they are a member of PETA on their website. My experience was incredible, they were attentive, kind, understanding, and did everything they said they would do. I highly recommended them before and will again. If you have a lost pet call them, pay for whatever services you can afford and let them help you. I hope this helps.
Love and God Bless,
Jennifer R

jessicab69
2/22/15

Our 10 year old recently rescued Pomeranian named Scrappy got out on Friday, we were able to locate him Sunday morning! This site was a great help in getting us reunited with our little guy! Words can't explain how grateful we are! Our family is now again complete!

lynna14
2/20/15

Our vet recommended your website. About 30 minutes after I posted it, we headed to take my husband to work and we saw her headed back to home. If it wasn't for websites like this, no one would know. Thank you for having a website like this!

julief36
2/20/15

We found Violet with the help of your online postings and great flyers! We posted them all over the neighborhood in concentric circles within about a mile of our home- especially at intersections and outside the grocery store and Trader Joes!! They were seen and the people who found her contacted us! Violet is safely home now and we are overjoyed!! Thank you!!

christinao6
2/19/15

My grandpa lost his doggie on Monday 2/16/15. He was devastated...Lady was his only companion (his child, really) and he spent the whole day searching for her. I posted on every local Facebook page I could find and someone referred me to www.lostmydoggie.com. I signed up for a free account this afternoon (Wednesday 2/18/15) and submitted the info and within about an hour, someone had found the post and submitted their info. I called them immediately and sure enough, they had Lady! We met nearby and Lady is now back with her "Daddy." Grandpa and I are so thankful!

michaelg112
2/18/15

When our indoor cat got outside and was lost, we initially tried the FREE "LostMyKitty" services with flyers and shelter notifications, however, after 3 days there was no success. At that point we were in a panic and decided to go to the next step whereby pre-recorded phone calls were made to the closest 250 (or more) neighbors. Within 2 hours of the initiation of that service, my wife got a call from a neighbor about one half mile away that said she was looking out her window at a cat that matched our description in a heavily landscaped area near a fence. My wife then got into the car and went to the area and tracked our cat down in the landscaped area.

Since indoor cats are not prone to find their own way home since they are scared and disoriented, I feel that we are extremely lucky to have gotten our pet back and I attribute most of the successful outcome to the service provided by "LostMyKitty.com". Thank you.

katherinew10
2/17/15

While I was putting up flyers near the school by our home, a woman drove up to me and said, "Have you lost a little brown Corgi type dog?" I said that I had, and she said, "She is at Publix." I drove the mile to Publix, and there was Sophieann! I had only put up 4 flyers by then. I am surprised she made it that far, because she is an old granny of a dog with short legs. And I am thankful I was able to print flyers so quickly from your site, so that I was outside putting them up while it was still light out. I am not sure if the lost doggie alerts have gone out yet, but If they have, I bet there will have been several sitings at Publix.

Tip for consumers: The faster you let people know about your lost pet, the more likely you are to find your pet. And the more people you tell about your lost pet, the more likely someone is to have seen the pet. This service lets you notify the most people the most quickly. This is the second time we have used Lostmydoggie.com, and it was helpful and successful both times.

jeans33
2/15/15

Sure worked for my dog and he was home 2 hours after the alert went out. Very professional and caring service.

yulmar

Hello

My experience with LostMyDoggie.com was extraordinary. I was desperate the day I lost Chiquita and the web site gave me all the elements needed in order to find her. They send her flyer to Vets, Hospitals and shelters and friends help me to do the same. The flyer that LostMyDoggie.com provide are great, colorful, simple and practical. Also it was helpful the fact that I pay for the Amber Alert. That was crucial in finding Chiquita so soon. She was lost on Tuesday February 03, 2015 and She was back home Sunday February 08, 2015.

I am grateful that I find the web site and I thank the company for all the great services that they provide. I recommend LostMyDoggie.com Thank you, I am happy and satisfy with the service and the costumer service. Thank you.

All The Best!!!

thomasw52
2/15/15

My lost doggie Damon is home safe thanks in part to lost my doggie.com.they're rescue ads and pet alerts were instrumental in Damon's recovery.I received many phone calls with many sightings.If you love your pet it's a small price to pay to get him or her back home,This does work.Thanks again Tom & Damon

marilynp8
2/11/15

The people at this website were extremely helpful and patient even though I know I had a lot more questions than most people. I was treated professionally, and people even went above and beyond what was necessary to make sure I was pleased with their service.

If my beloved furkid hadn't been found so soon I'm sure I would have received any and all additional help I needed and I would have had a positive result because of them.

I hope I never have to use them again, but if any of my dogs get lost in the future they'll be the first people I'll call after animal control!

jessicaw42
2/9/15

I JUST GOT HIM BACK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I signed up for the calls last thursday and I got lots of call backs and I just got back from picking him up from the neighborhood behind us (it is Sunday)! He went missing 1/27/15 6:00am and we just got him back 2/8/15 10:45pm. And it is because of the amber alert calls! 3 days after The calls went out My cat was found!!!

I will recommend this site for anyone who loses their pet! It is all because of this service I found my little guy Dash.
He is home safe and sound, purring and loving as he always was.

Thank you so much for all you did, this site and the services are well worth the money and the effort you put in in response time is fantastic!

Thank you again!
With Love,
Dash and The Weavers! <3

Tip for consumers: Highly recommended to do the calls. that is how My cat was found, with the calls! so well worth the cost!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LostMyDoggie staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is it true this site is part of PETA???
4/4/15
Answer
gregh33
A: I have never heard that either. Certainly worked well though for me.
4/6/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the LostMyDoggie staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

32 Photos for LostMyDoggie