US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephl1

I tried to contact the customer service number that the sales rep provided. (in 251 reviews)

susiet1

I was hoping by the time we opened, my deal would hit and I would get the business I needed to jump start my business. (in 411 reviews)

leeb6

Be careful --they store your credit card information!!! (in 76 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janied1
11/4/14

ZERO Stars if this site would allow that! Such a pity that SiteJabber forces one to give at least one star!!

LivingSocial is AWFUL! They have POOR customer service! I NEVER signed up for their emails but somehow they've gotten hold of my email address and have begun emailing me, and for several months now! ACK! I don't want their emails! They NEVER even emailed first to ask permission to add my email to their mailing lists!! I tried to unsubscribe via the most recent email by clicking on unsubscribe, but it did not allow that feature, instead directing me to either "sign into facebook (I don't 'do' facebook...) or to sign into "my account" (so-called, I don't have an account) with them, OR to create an account with them so I can delete it! WHAAAAAT?!!! I tried to email them but their site is designed to go only so far until you get to the last set of "pick one" subject pertaining to your issue, and doesn't matter which one you select, they ALL take you to pre-empted responses to resolve ordering issues but none to unsubscribe! Clever b4Stards this site thinks it is, but NOT - they are intentionally alienating people! It makes no sense! t is no wonder they are such a hurting business. I think they are desperatly on their last leg and, you know what? I DON'T SHIVE A GIT NOW! I despise these gormless bollocks! Just try talking with anyone of their employees just to do something as simple as unsubscribe. WOW, they will leave raise your blood pressure and leave your head spinning all while you wish you were face to face so that you could beat them with the crazy stick! They are just like that commercial where the cable company won't let you cancel your services even when you don't have an account or a contract!! WOW, such arrogant, narcissistic pile of no-good, good for nothing arsehats! I will ROTFLMAS when I read about the demise of THEIR company!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from these people unless you enjoy having headaches and feelings of wanting to attack them.

charlesr28
10/27/14

We purchased a Living Social cycling vacation with Battaglin Tours and it was farmed out to Ferritti Sports. Not at all what was promised . Living Social feels no responsibility to the switch. This was travel fraud . Living Social knows and feels no responsibility.
Just be aware that if you purchase a trip it just may not be with the company you sign on with.

Tip for consumers: Don't

freedomh
10/23/14

Bought two bracelets, Living Social reassured me after two weeks when I still had not received the bracelets to give Balla Bracelets a bit more time even after I pointed out that it was in direct opposition to their written policy and the previous phone calls I had already placed. 8 weeks later still no bracelet, they agreed to give me Living Social bucks which are worthless because i don't trust their merchants and they don't represent anything in my area. The closest thing is 260 miles away. I am out $50 and have nothing to show for it. They are awful and should be avoided at all costs. It was an expensive lesson but lesson learned. Living Social is awful, doesn't stand behind the offers and will give you the run around at any given opportunity.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Just move on because the hassle and frustration that you will pay for isn't worth it.

sharonj18
10/22/14

Living Social has burned me for the last time!! Deceptive and ridiculous practices to lure you into the purchase and then once you've purchased…….. bada-bing…. they hit you with all the details that would have dissuaded you from purchasing in the first place! I purchased a NASCAR DRIVING EXPERIENCE for my hubby and when I went online to redeem, surprise surprise…. I could only book during May, July and August. But wait, that's not the bad part…. there are only two days in each MONTH you can book….. Friday or Saturday AND within those two days only FOUR time slots 8, 10, 12 & 2. Still not the worst part……The voucher user can only book the 8am time slot! In essence, I could choose 8 am for two days in each month! WHERE, I SAY WHERE, DID IT STATE THAT IN THE DEAL DETAILS??? NOWHERE!!! I went online to try to redeem and come to find out Voucher purchasers can't book online anyway because of the restrictive time slots. Why don't they tell you those things????

rc50
10/11/14

I had not been on living social for years but kept receiving email deals and viewing those deals. One day I received an email promoting a deal on tickets. The membership prove was good so I thought why not? I clicked on it and it showed a lesser price good for the balance of ten minutes and the clock was ticking. So I tried to log on but I couldn't due to inactivity. So I clicked on the reset password option and followed the instructions. Took about 3 min. I still should have time to catch the lesser price deal right? .... Wrong. Living Social waited to send the email until the lesser price deal expired and then sent it so I had to pay the higher price. Those are just shady, gimmicky, greedy unethical marketing techniques. So I didn't purchase anything. Cost them all instead of just the discount difference. I would have purchase anyway but I won't be manipulated into paying more. Bad bad business marketing guys..... Do you have a guy named Jim working ther? I used to work for a guy named Jim and this style of marketing has his name written all over it

Tip for consumers: Update your password now so you don't lose out.

carolyne9
10/9/14

Bought a tablet for £39 which I paid to Living Social. I paid £9.99 to the vendor for delivery. I emailed on a daily basis after two weeks had passed.
I was told it had been dispatched three times.
Living Social said the voucher had expired and they couldn't refund.
Absolute fraudsters. It is almost two months and no item or refund. They should not be allowed to trade

Tip for consumers: Steer well clear of Living Social I wish I had

klarav
10/6/14

Beware! Once they got your money - forget about it. Yeah, yeah - disclaimers etc.
But is it ridiculous to expect your money back, if the merchant have not provided what is promised?
That is what happened to me: I have purchased a gift certificate for my spouse. He contacted the merchant, who didn't answer the phone for days, then booked event, then cancelled it, booked another date, promising to call and never did.
I bought it to please my husband, and he was not pleased anymore.
I called LivingSocial for help, which they promised, but never did. Then wrote a letter asking for refund - well... read the first line.
Will never use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Find another one

dianen5
10/4/14

MERCHANTS BEWARE AND CUSTOMERS PLEASE READ.
How this works. Merchants discount their products or services by 50%. So you pay 50.00 for a 100.00 item or service.
The merchant gets half, that is 25.00. Then fees get taken out so the merchant is left with 15.00 to 20.00.
As a merchant I want to say, all start out giving the same excellent service but after getting one cheap client after another who do not tip, show up late, do not return at full price the merchants get over it and do not want these kind of clients.
Unfortunately most coupon buyers are bargain hunters and they look for next cheap deal so the merchants get screwed doing business for no money.
I read all reviews and most complain about the merchant and that is not fair. Most couponers do not tip and do not return. It is ALWAYS at a loss to the small business.. THEY DID IT FOR REPEAT BUSINESS AS PROMISED BY LS. Yet that never happens.
The merchant feels rip-offed and the customer feels ripped off because people are not aware of what LS does. LS gets all the money and customers complain about the merchants, and that is why you have so many merchants who do not want you in their businesses again. There are many who have gone out of business because of these deals.
TIP- If you want to get a good deal, call the business direct and ask.. Most would rather give you half off or some kind of discount and get all the money than get 25% that they get through LS. Consumers need to wise up !

ingrida1
10/3/14

I purchase a set of sheets from living social they delivered it to a different address and will not refund me my money I did not receive my item :{ Living Social sucks :{

mariettag1
10/2/14

Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The customer service rep, Loretta told me that they would take my issue to the Oprah rep at Living Social and resolve it so everyone got an equal refund. They stated an answer would be provided in 24 hrs. I received a call back 4 days later telling me to call Living Social. I did and was told I would be issued $100 in Living Social bucks for future deals, no refunds...this is false advertising and blatantly unfair since I know people at the event received refunds. Do not throw your money away using Living Social. You will not get what you paid for and they do not care about customer service. I am posting this on the Oprah web site and complaining to the BBB. Ridiculous and basically theft of services.

Tip for consumers: Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The custom

lamberts12
9/28/14

This company was ok at first but now it has allowed some junkies from all over the world I mean Chinese mostly they will sell item on here indicating that it ships from somewhere in US as soon as they get your money you will see that item no longer exist and marked redeemed by you.
This has happened to me twice no more I ain't gonna buy from them again forever.
Unless if a pig will fly in my presence then I will buy using LIVING SOCIAL.
scam.

Tip for consumers: Well dear friend if you are buying using LIVING SOCIAL make sure you know the seller or do not waste your time at all if you think you got a deal try visiting couple websites to check the item you are looking for.if you can not find it on our well known online retailers
Be ware if some do say free returns how can you return something that shipped from Northern China or Hong Kong? And the cost of shipping is more than the item price??
Rethink before You Buy.

suej16
9/23/14

How do they get away with it? We have consumer rights and trading standards yet this website can screw and swindle people blatantly.I purchased a deal for a meal at an Indian Restaurant yet when I clickef My Vouchers Id apparently used it! Ive emailed their customer service team twice and waiting for a reply.My voucher conveniently runs out Sept28.Dont let them swindle you keep away!

Tip for consumers: Try Groupon

bonniea10
9/21/14

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!.
This is one of the worst out there. They lure you in with low prices, take your money IMMEDIATELY from your account and then send you some bull$#*! coupon code to use with the vendor. My particular vendor did not have a place for the code to be used! I basically lost everything and can do nothing about it but warn others.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE! YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

beckym5
9/19/14

I recently purchased a coupon from Living Social to buy a Bamboo pillow from Zenbedrooms. What a disaster! The pillow was $34.00 plus shipping of $9.99 (Zenbedrooms charged my card $13.63). I've seen them for as much as $99, so I thought it was a good buy. The pillow took about 3 weeks to get to me. When I got it, it wasn't anything like the picture on their website. It was completely flat and hard. My son has them so I know what they should feel and look like. First I couldn't find a help desk number on the website, so I emailed them. finally they answered after my second email and told me how to ship it back (even though the website says there is a help desk to call and they will talk you through it.) It cost me $8.99 to ship it back. Zenbedrooms now says that I have to get my refund from Living Social because the voucher was never cashed. Living Social doesn't give cash refunds, they credited my Living Social account for future purchases. I've never used Living Social before and probably won't ever again. I'm out $56.62 and still don't have a pillow.

tracys45
9/11/14

I have bought some purchases on Living Social but the one huge problem I had with a service not honoring the coupon Living Social refused to give me even a credit towards another deal and there was no way I was going back to that business. So if you have an issue with a deal your on your own!

Tip for consumers: Restaurants seem to be safest purchases, beware of services performed deals!

brittanys17
8/29/14

My boyfriend helped me purchase a deal on livingsocial. We waited for weeks and we never even received a shipping confirmation but the transaction went through on Paypal. We were busy so we didn't have the time to contact them, but when we finally did, they replied saying that they would send us a redemption code or a follow-up email but they never did.

Basically they took our money and didn't even bother to offer a refund. We don't want a redemption code for WHEN and IF the deal comes back on. We will no longer be purchasing any deals on this site. WHAT A SCAM.

veew1
8/28/14

I've had good luck with Living Social for event tickets, but bad luck with products. It would appear that their products come from China because the quality is questionable, and the shipping times are lengthy. They also add shipping costs that are not disclosed in the initial descriptions. I'll stick to using them for any good ticket discounts and that's it.

Tip for consumers: Use them for event tickets, not products!

juttad
8/18/14

Definitely a lack of service when dealing with this organisation. They have lost a customer here due to a lack of response to enquiries about their "interpretation" of their me+3 deal. An absolute SCAM as far as I have experienced.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

deborahm19
8/16/14

I have ordered 3 products. 336 Finish Dishwasher tablets. A Clever Cover for the clothesline and a Babybliss Pro 2 Volare hairdryer (salon quality). I received each item within the time frames they advertised and am very happy with my purchases.
One minor problem was that they send a Shipping Confirmation when they have sent an item. I got the Shipping Confirmation for the first item received last. So initially I was expecting the Clever Cover to arrive first because I'd had confirmation of it being sent, but I received the dishwasher tablets first with no confirmation which finally came last. So apart from a bit of confusion all turned out well .
I have ordered a product today and which offered two different size options. I adjusted my choice to the bigger size and my hair type but when I pressed order now it defaulted back to the smaller size offer. I rang them and the lady said they would get back to me within 5 days to see if they can change the order to the other offer. We will see what happens!

kims67
8/13/14

This has never happened with Groupon. We will never trust Living Social again. We purchased a $79 window cleaning coupon from Luminous Shine, and were unable to schedule the cleaning throughout the promotional period. Luminous Shine phone lines were forwarded to a voicemail that acknowledged they were unable to answer and directed "living social coupon purchasers" to a second phone number at which the voice mail box was constantly full. The only time it was possible to reach Luminous Shine was after the Promotional deadline for the deal was past. At that point, Luminous Shine was unwilling to honor the promotional price but willing to apply the coupon price paid toward a window cleaning that was several hundred dollars more. This was an obvious scam and Living Social is now unwilling to refund the $79 we paid. Instead, Living Social offered us $15 toward a future Living Social deal....NEVER AGAIN. Beware of deals that look too good, the company's that offer them, and Living Social, who is willing to represent those companies.

khalids1
8/13/14

They are $#*!ing bastard cheating people,my voucher did not come and when I contacted them they said the voucher expired and they refused to give me refund, I don't know how on earth such web site go unnoticed cheating people, they are not bothered about their one star rating, they are all fraudster and cheaters, not honest at all.

alys124
8/11/14

WARNING!!! Don't buy from this place!!! EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM HASNT BEEN ABLE TO BE REDEEMED!!

Online course: code didn't work, company won't respond, living Social say it's not their problem

Day Spa: closed down, couldn't redeem, living social say it's not their problem

Restaurant Dinner: voucher not valid and they never had a deal with living social, living social say it's not their problem

Pet Product: email requesting an addition $13 for delivery, living social say it's not their problem

I've also been charged by them for items I didn't buy! Living social say I must have bought them and not their problem!!

There have been too many issues to list! I CANT BELIEVE THEY HAVNT BEEN SHUT DOWN YET BUT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

DODGY COMPANY

kathyg23
8/9/14

Just got off the phone with someone who said his name was Isa Gani. He refused to refund money to me that was overcharged on my credit card bill because I had already redeemed the coupon! I had inquired with the service provider why my voucher was for $349.00 when I had agreed to pay $296.00 and he said that since the discount was from LivingSocial, they had to make the voucher for the amount that his firm's agreement was with LivingSocial which was $349.00. Made sense to me, so I went on my way...when I received my credit card bill it was for the $349.00 and not the $296.00. Called as soon as I received my credit card bill and was told they would not refund the money. On top of that, I asked to speak with someone higher up on the food chain, and he refused saying he would take total responsibility for LivingSocial and their refusal to refund any money to me. I agree with other complainants, Groupon is super understanding whenever there is a problem with any of their programs. They are quick to make amends things right with any of their customers. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am going to refute the charges to my credit card company because companies that do business like this should be held accountable for their actions!!!

ar5268
8/5/14

I just want to start off by saying how dissatisfied and underwhelmed I was when I arrived to my hotel Barcelo in Los Cabos San Jose. We stayed at the same hotel a year ago and it was absolutly an amazing vacation we didn't leave the resort once. This is the same hotel company as the other and there is only 1 Barcelo in Cabo. When I asked customer service about the change apparently it happened 8 months ago that they moved a couple of buildings down. When I purchased this voucher I had the idea I was purchasing the same hotel that I stayed at Barcelo a year ago. It's on the same street and the photos online look exactly like the first hotel we stayed at a year ago but that's very deceiving. First off none of the waterfalls in the whole building worked. Our beach front ocean view was obstructed by construction everywhere. Our refrigerator did not work. There were $#*!roaches in the room and in the buffet area. The ac was barely blowing and we were just as hot inside as we were outside. When I went to customer service they just shrugged their shoulders . When I called living social from Mexico I was told I could get a 50 dollar credit. 50 dollars won't make a dent in the amount I paid for this whole vacation to be staying at a horrible disgusting hotel. I asked if I could at least get a cheaper hotel in the area to accommodate me for the my horrible experience and I was pretty much dismissed. I am so upset about this whole deal it was far from a vacation and I had to spend even more money to eat out because we didn't want to eat any of the roach infested food. All of the awards this hotel had showing in their lobby was from 2013 when they were at the other location. I've been using living social for a long time and have had nothing but great experiences until now. I'm very disappointed at how they handled my complaint and offered me 50 dollars In living social vouchers. After this I will never use living social again and I will spread the word by mouth and reviews. I'm very angry and upset that I waisted my money on a vacation that was far from feeling like a vacation. Not to mention I talked my friends into getting this voucher as well now I look like the fool for recommending such a terrible hotel.

pault46
8/1/14

I purchased a shoe rack through Living Social from the company - Ez Innovations as a present for my wife. The product proved to be totally unfit for purpose. I contacted both organisations seeking a refund. Ez Innovations replied promising to get back to me. I assume this was an automated response. Living Social have refused to offer a refund or provide any assistance in resolving this issue.
I would advise anybody to be extremely careful when dealing with this organisation as they obviously do not vet the services or providers they have on their site. This could leave a person exposed to very dubious operators using this platform to move their inferior, defective and shoddy goods and services. Living Social strike me as a mercenary organisation with no regard for the customers using their service.

rays46
7/28/14

My wife and I on separate occasions have had the same issue with Living Social. We decided to make a purchase and the purchase price on our bank statement is different than the price that was displayed and listed on the website. We've tried contacting Living Social by phone and email but with no success. Even though the difference in price was a total of $20.00, it needs to be addressed directly by Living Social.

jimp46
7/23/14

They took my money and ran, no one can do anything about it, not my bank, not BBB. I would actually have to fly to Seattle from Chicago to take them to small claims court. Not worth my $127.

frankb58
7/21/14

I booked a 3 day vacation at Legacy Resort in Kissimmee Florida with Living Social. They obviously do not check out their deals. Noisy people, rooms with cardboard walls, unruly kids. People at front desk were nice (of course they want to keep their jobs) First day there they tried to sell me a time share (NEVER get a time share at this place)
People at Living Social were very helpful booking the vacation for us unfortunately they do not know where they are sending you as it's evident they don't know the sites.
In short you get what you pay for.
Stay out of Kissimmee if at all possible it's an area that is on the downside.
As much as I hate to say it the best place to stay is on Disney property. You will pay a premium price but the people you'll meet are nothing like the ones you'll meet in Kissimmee spots.
Last time I ever go thru Living Social.

elizabethh42
7/16/14

For Valentines Day 2014, I received a voucher for Living Social to get my house cleaned. I tried for over a month to call the number given to schedule and received no call in return. I got through once to a human who promptly hung up when she realized why I called. Needless to say, I contacted Living Social who refused to refund my money but gave me a voucher to use somewhere else. I next attempted to use the voucher to get the air ducts in house cleaned (as this was the only service I saw any value you accept for restaurants which were on the the other side of the country. The original date agreed on (by the service call center) was canceled by the actual company who only cleans air ducts in my city on SUNDAYS. Okay, fine, I set it up for an inconvenient Sunday given no other option. And if you haven't guessed it already, they canceled after I had waited for someone to show for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I called Living Social once again to get my money back and was told again that they can only give me a voucher to use for one of their unusable services. Living Social, you win. You may have my money as I do not have the time to waste on this anymore. Well played Living Social, well played.

johnw213
7/16/14

Bought something 17 days ago, no delivery and can't get the vendor to respond. Got the autoresponder message 2 days ago and they would respond within 2 days. BS I have bought some things through Living Social with some success, but no more.

BEWARE of LIVING SOCIAL, great prices, but maybe no delivery.

sundrasn
7/16/14

Save yourself the displeasure in dealing with this bunch! As attractive as their offers look, that's as far as the pleasantness goes! Their customer service have a standard line, stating that they cannot tell you anything until 7 days after you have raised a query or complaint. They use suppliers that no one (not even themselves) can contact by telephone. An example; Love Bebe Shop!!!
My advise; unsubscribe from Living Social. Never use them.
ps: the only reason I even added one star is that you have to select a star rating!

jackt35
7/14/14

Bought a vent cleaning service. Scheduled an appointment, took time off to wait for them and they were a no show. Just to be sure, book an appointment again on a Sat and they were as expected a no show (didnt expected them to show up). The company has terrible reviews. Living Social should check credibility of these vendors. On a good note though, Living Social will refund you with credits promptly. That is why I gave them two stars.

debbien5
7/14/14

Living Social does not honour their offer of "recommend link and if 3 people buy you get yours for free". I did this for a photography course, sent the link to 3 friends. 1 friend did not have a credit card so I used the same link that I sent him and paid for his ticket. I got a email from Living Social saying "Congratulations, I get mine ticket for free". My credit card never got refunded. I followed up and was told because I had paid for my ticket and my friends ticket with the same credit card the offer did not apply. I got a really "we don't care" attitude and they palmed me off.

aileenb2
7/2/14

Desperate customer service. After a problem redeeming code on merchant website and emailing merchant with no reply, I contacted LivingSocial because I had paid them for the deal. They sent me merchants number which I couldn't get answer from. I emailed LivingSocial on numerous occasions only to receive replies from'Sandy' (customer service team member!) one of which said the deal had expired!!( only because I couldn't redeem it) I eventually realised the phone number was a uk one and as I am in Dublin I need international code. I emailed saying I didn't, think I should have to pay for this call, when I ordered in euros through their Irish site. I have received no reply to that email. DESPERATE customer service. Will never order from LivingSocial again.

tinal22
7/1/14

Terrible customer service. Merchants should have a grace period. Emergencies arise where the coupon event cannot be redeemed. Groupon is very understanding about it and will give FULL refunds. The deals they have are far less superior than other merchants. And that is why I will continue my business with Groupon and NOT LivingSocial. I purchase at LEAST one/two coupons per week. Because they were not accommodating with my situation, a single $100 voucher cost them literally thousand of dollars of my future business. Good riddance!!

wendyw25
6/28/14

Bought a deal for finnish dishwasher tablets through living social the supplier was silver fishes no item was delivered could not get any response from these suppliers and when living social tried to contact them they were referred to Hermes postal delivery when I contacted these I was told to deal with the supplier after complaining to Living Social I was refunded y money after 6 weeks of trying but no postage was returned. I see that they are offering the same deal again would not touch this offer.

jodiem19
6/24/14

I will never use Living Social again. Purchased a blue tooth for the car. Should say I got charged for a blue tooth. Never got it. Tried contacting the seller several times and then Living Social several times for help. No response from either. Stay away from Living Social!

richardd42
6/20/14

Living Social charged me $23.05 and Tyler's Coffee charge me $5.95 for a 1 lb bag of coffee that was advertised as $5.95 period. Never buy from lLiving Social again.

lawrencep10
6/20/14

Absolutely a scam system. You pay for the price on the livingsocial website, then there always seems to be other charges once you get to the merchants website. Stay away.

lindaw53
6/18/14

Frankly buyer beware. Second clothing purchase the last one was for cami-tops adjustable straps etc. ABSOLUTELY THE CHEAPEST QUALITY I HAVE SEEN-SERIOUSLY! They do accept returns but there is a $7.99 shipping fee if you want a refund and if you take a credit for future purchases you get the whole amount back. DO NOT BUY CLOTHES FROM LIVING SOCIAL!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP AND RIP OFF RETURN POLICY COSTING YOU $8 TO RETURN FAULTY MERCHANDISE.

carolr21
6/15/14

A week and a half before Father's Day, I purchased an item through Living Social taht was advertised as a great gift for Father's Day. A week later, I still had not received notification of shipping. Wrote to Customer Service. THREE DAYS LATER, finally got back a snarky email from Customer Service "reminding" me of something that was never on the terms of service, offer, etc: shipping occurs within ten days of purchase.

I feel that LS was dishonest in promoting this Father's Day item, and that their Customer Service = "not our problem."

Looked up the item on amazon. Same price (and it would already have arrived!). Out of curiosity, looked up other LS deals, and found that every single one of them was readily available from the vendor, or through amazon.

I'm now trying to cancel my LS membership, but not sure how to do it.

jamesh114
6/12/14

Purchased tickets to an event for my fiance and I, but when I had a question their customer service took forever to get back to me. Tickets worked fine though.

peekys
6/12/14

Bought a coupon for a sky dive. Skydiving company cancelled twice because of bad weather. Never got back my money because the voucher was expired. What a scam.

jasonj28
6/12/14

Ordered vouchers then had to pay again for shipping. Not mentioned when buying vouchers. I will never use again.

patriciaw27
6/11/14

Do not purchase from Living Social Deals!!!!!
Before Christmas of 2013 I purchased four lots of vouchers from them (four times £15.00), these vouchers were to purchase colour changing candles from Bentley and Karvel for presents. Each time I tried to use them the charge was coming up, including p & p as £42.98, I could not retrieive the vouchers and until this day I have chased both living Social and Bentley and Karvel to no avail.
Bentley and Karvel have an unobtainable telephone number and although I have written to them on several occasions (recorded delivery) they have totally ignored my letters requesting my sixty pounds back or for them to deliver the goods.
When we purchase an item in any shape or form from a company it is them, and them only that our contract is with and they are the one's that should deal with our complaint. Any third party is for them to deal with as they are their contractors.
I think we so easily except that they will pass us off to anyone so that they do not have to deal with the complaint.
I am reporting Social Living Deals to Trading Standards and will also take them to the small claims court as they have caused me time, upset and aggravation, to get my money back.
If we all let our complaints drop, just think how much money belonging to us, their so called customers they will have sitting in their banks earning interest!!!
Mrs P Watkins

dietmars
6/3/14

This is the second time I have attempted to run a Living Social campaign. One would think there would be any interest on their part to make it happen. Instead no one calls back or responds to messages. If it is already that bad from the business end of things I can only wonder how customers get treated in case of issues. Living Social is clearly over their head and needs to go out of business.

faithw
6/1/14

Please do not purchase from living social. It is a scam... I purchased the boost of nature lawn service and the company will not call me back. Every time I call, I get an answering service and they stated they could only leave messages for the company to call me. I have left 4 voicemails and sent 2 emails and no response. Living social told I could not get a refund... Only a credit to use later. Why would I want a credit to not receive something from another vendor? Buyer BEWARE!

geelongmanz
5/26/14

Livingsocial is grand until there is an issue like, ex: a service provider closes down the business, without acomplishing your deal, then Livingsocial does not take the responsibility and ask you to chase the the service provider by yourself (!!) as "they can not do much now". It happened to me and I did not get the money refund.

kaustubhj
5/23/14

I am getting crazy with all the deals I get at living social.I love it is so much that I have to control my urge to buy new deals or even gift it to my loved ones. My mother was here visiting me for a month for my graduation and I booked a few great deals here and My mom was so happy.....

marym110
5/21/14

I personally have not had a bad experience with them. However, their customer service seems to be lacking so I knocked off a star.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
sarahw7
A: Is there a review from someone with details on their experience with livingsocial.com? I just dropped money on a deal and I'm not sure how my groupon even gets to me. Please help.
6/11/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial