US Government's NSF

1445 New York Ave NW #200, #200
Washington, DC 20005, USA
Tel: +1.8888086676
feedback@livingsocial.com

People interested in LivingSocial are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephanies4

I've never had an issue where I had to call customer service so that could be another story...but overall...I'm happy. (in 308 reviews)

lesleye

Purchased a Next deal where i paid £15 for £30 to spend at Next. (in 524 reviews)

amyp4

I got prompt reply for any of my questions from customer service And as far as Credit Card Information. (in 99 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marial63
4/15/15

Bought and paid over $100 for 2 items. Received an invalid tracking number. The so called free customer number is toll free only for USA. The so called Sydney number is actually diverted to USA. Waited over 1 week for a reply when they assured it will take 5 days. Utter B.$#*!! Customer service have no idea where the product is actually shipped from. They have to email their logistics who have to email suppliers who in turn have to contact Aust post to get answer. I already spoke to Austpost who confirmed number is invalid but LivingSocial is adamant number is right. Spoke to customer service 3 times already. Product was ordered & paid for almost 6 weeks ago. Will never ever order from them again! Have just wasted over $100! They assured I can request refund but when ask again was told No.

peterl88
4/14/15

I've used LivingSocial occasionally over about three years. Things have gone smoothly on about three occasions - the rest of the time there has always been some problem or other.

Firstly, the website is very unstable. Often, when you click on an interesting deal and then click through to "buy", the panel that is supposed to give you the discount code simply fails to appear - the text tells you to click on the code, but neither the panel nor the code is there. Sometimes I've just given up,but sometimes the deal has been so interesting that I've persisted, going back to the ad and clicking through to the 'buy' page time and time again. After many tries, the code at last appears and allows you to proceed to the purchase page. No, my computer is NOT faulty (as one LS customer service agent declared) - it works perfectly on all other online purchase sites.

Secondly, on two previous occasions the merchant has not recognised the LivingSocial deal and has charged me his full retail price on my credit card. On one occasion LivingSocial arranged for a refund, on another they said the problem was between me and the merchant and Living Social could not help me. My credit card company got me a refund, saying that they had a long history of problems with that merchant and were no longer accepting his business. So why was LS doing business with the merchant?

In spite of this poor history I recently made one last try, because the offered deal was so good. It was a deal for a TOTAL WHITE teeth whitening kit, normally about £80 - £90, for £16 plus £4.95 postage.. Again, it took me several tries to bring up the LS site page with a discount code panel, but eventually it appeared. The next day I received an emailed invoice from the merchant for the postage which was immediately deducted from my credit card account. I received the product OK, a couple of days later, but two weeks later £79.95 was deducted from my credit card account. I immediately emailed LivingSocial who emailed a reply saying they didn't accept emailed complaints and that I must phone their customer service - difficult for me because my vocal cords are paralysed (as I had said in my email to them).

I phoned as requested and was told by a very snotty (female) "customer service (!)" agent that it was not their problem and I had to call the merchant. I phoned TOTALWHITE who said that they had no knowledge of any such discount offer and my order had been treated as a normal transaction at their usual price and terms.. I phoned LivingSocial again, this time to find a much more sympathetic (male) agent who took all my details and promised to investigate the problem, to sort it out. and to email me back. Guess what? Nothing further.

I've given up, life is too short to spend hours on the phone or at the keyboard sorting out these problems - which,of course, is what these soulless internet scam artists count on. But I'm putting LivingSocial on my blocked address list and telling as many people as I can - DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS (DIS)ORGANISATION. Like the man said "If it seems too good to be true, it is." Don't buy, don't get caught.

markb189
4/11/15

Terrible fraudulent offers- restaurants going out of business

davew64
4/10/15

Love this site, use it a couple of times a month and always find good meal deals for me and my girlfriend.

gailw15
4/10/15

I like LivingSocial but Groupon lets me keep what I paid for the dinner to use later if the discount date has passed. With Living Social, you get nothing.

loiss13
4/10/15

When you try to redeem your Living Social voucher for the Hello Fresh food box, they trick you into an expensive subscription, keep delivering $69 food boxes and bill your credit card.. Living Social does not disclose this on the voucher.Living Social will not help you because they say their guarantee does not apply to vendors.

Tip for consumers: My daughter used a gift voucher and was billed more than $400 on her credit card before she realized she was being scammed.

kevinb115
4/9/15

Be careful I purchased the Paintball Deal and got ripped off big time. The ad says save 88% which isn't true. It said equipment included all I had to buy was the paintballs. When I got to Mad Dogz after making a reservation for my son's birthday. They said the vouchers were only good for 500 paintballs And that's it. When the site clearly says that all equipment included for 6 people. They charged me 23.00 a person for equipment rental. Came out to 138.00 plus the 30.00 I spent on living social. Not happy at all. Called living social same day and still no return call. Be careful of Mad Dogz Paintball in Waxahachie,Texas.

juliap19
4/5/15

I had vouchers, but couldn't book a day for service due to ignorance of the service... and living social didn't reply on my request right away (when I could ask to return money), then replied advising to contact more, but the person, answering me once after living Social contacted him, disappeared... and when I contacted Living Social again, they said "too late - the voucher expired". Another deal - they didn't mention important details about age limitation, so that voucher also was "lost money"... Also when I want to see deals in my area, they include deals 100+ km away...

tonyg43
4/4/15

I ordered a computer notepad at £149 which is not so cheap.

But they used Yodel to deliver it and Yodel staff have stolen it and shown it as delivered.

Everyone knows that Yodel are the worst delivery company and certainly the last to use for high value parcels!

Look on Youtube for Yodel employees leaving parcels on doorsteps and throwing them over walls!

Be aware that Barclaycard will not cover these losses as you pay Living Social and not the firm that supplies the product!

EDIT I contacted Living Social and they arranged with the suppliers to send me another by Royal Mail which of course arrived safely.

So I was sorted out but still sad that Yodel are so untrustworthy! Look on Youtube for videos of them throwing parcels over walls and leaving valuable goods on the doorstep.

joannen
4/1/15

To be up front, I have never ordered any products, ONLY VOUCHERS from reputable retailers such as Amazon, Dominos, and Davids Cookies. I have never had any issues with utilizing the vouchers and received the voucher codes as promised. A great way to save money (usually 40%-50%). Before buying a voucher, make sure you visit the retailer website to check out shipping costs.

tonistuartf
4/1/15

I bought a vegetable spiraller, which turned out to be twice as expensive, because postage was not quoted on the original ad. You bought a redeemable coupon for which the link did not work. We tried so many times to contact Living Social without success. Finally they agreed that the link did not work! Over 3 months later our product arrived from a third party in China, cracked and with blades that had dislodged from the product. It was totally unusable - and guess what - we have no way to contact them in Australia. A toal waste of money, and moreso, our valuable time trying to get something we expect in Australia - CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Tip for consumers: Check who you are dealing with and beware of reedeemable coupons that you pay up front for - there are hidden traps

jessicac50
3/31/15

Love receiving notifications daily with new deals - they seem able to find something from me every time.

jills34
3/26/15

I found excellent deals on trips to Italy (Florence/Venice) and Greece (Mykonos/Athens/Santorini) on this site under destinations section.

nickm59
3/19/15

It's great! And maybe if Groupon didn't exist.... Living Social might be the cream of the crop and get that 5th star.

The site has a variety of deals, is always reliable, and has a decent interface.

Unfortunately, I don't think it has the variety of options, goods, or services that Groupon does. I find that I'm less likely to actually use some of my LivingSocial deals. LS also hasn't been great about communicating issues with redemption.

giusepped4
3/17/15

I don't like the voucher concept much. I prefer to deal with vendors directly but occasionally my wife will find a deal that even I think is pretty good. It probably helps the supplier of the goods get marketing awareness but then they stuff it up by not giving voucher holders the same benefits as their direct customers.

sammyv7
3/14/15

crap

rebeccam28
3/11/15

Great site for deals!

mariaa57
3/11/15

he's a really great website

tenp
3/9/15

Bought a pair of shoes and they didn't fit. I returned them with little ease, and soon got a refund.

moniquem4
3/4/15

without a doubt - the best customer service for any on line or major site! and they all sound state-side too! Wonderful service, knowledgeable, able to resolve issue first time with NO hassle. An absolute pleasure to do business with - highly recommended!

sandraa26
3/3/15

I have been a member for a while and have never had any issues, I definitely recommend Living Social

cd52
2/27/15

On the website I clicked on three offers in which I was interested and, although I didn't input the delivery details as I decided that I wouldn't continue with my order, I was anyway charged for these item! I noticed this only by chance when I checked my credit card statement, so, knowing that I've done this before, I checked my account details and discovered that I'd done it twice in the summer of 2014. I rang the company to see if I could get a refund for items not received I was told "No", but was able to cancel this month's transactions. It was pointed out to me that two companies were involved and I replied that this wasn't where my issue lay, but in the fact that nowhere did I see information that informed me that if I clicked on an order that I would be charged, whether I want the item or not. Other websites allow you to review your order before finally placing it. However, if this disreputable company used this system they wouldn't be able to fraudently benefit from unsuspecting people like me who don't always check their bank statements in time for a refund!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away

suep27
2/25/15

I have informed living social that they have a will writing business in the south, advertising that is also operating as a financial advisor. He has lost a lot of money for a lot of people, but they ignore me when I emailed and told them and also I have seen one of their sales ladies face to face and she assured me something would be done, they completely ignored me they still keep him on there so please be aware as anyone can advertise with them even crooks that are there to steal your money

estherg9
2/24/15

LivingSocial has the best customer service of all the online deal places. After a small fiasco with a salon, LivingSocial helped me get my money back, and treated me with kindness and respect. Research the company before buying the deals, but overall they care about their customers.

maryb158
2/22/15

These are very poorly made and a very rough finish on them . Ordered a set and paid postage to the Supplier separately . Items arrived with broken screws , and when put together so poor that if you had hot fat or water , handle would not hold any weight . I have been told I need to send them back to Supplier and pay postage again . Contract is with Living Deals but they pass the onus onto me the Customer to sort it out . I will not use this site again .

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site , only if you want a headache . They need to look after their Customers totally .

briannah7
2/20/15

I've been a loyal customer for years. The other day I went to book a hotel for Las Vegas and the next day it was cancelled for some reason. Called Livingsocial, they said it was a problem with my card. So I used a different card and tried again, same thing happened. I called again, got someone else who asked me to try buying it (AGAIN). She said it went through but I received no confirmation for it. She insisted that it went through, but as soon as I got of the phone with her, I got an email that it was cancelled. I called back, spoke with a supervisor who said it's a problem with the hotel. That's all he could tell me. Couldn't give me a direct number to call him back. He said he would try to figure it out and promised to call me back by 4pm the next day. I didn't really want to wait but I figured he was putting effort into it so I'd give it once last try. Of course, he didn't call me back. So now I'm stuck with no hotel 2 weeks away from the trip and $200 worth of livingsocial "deal bucks" that I never intend on using. The worst service I've ever had in my life. Hello Groupon!

katherineg6
2/19/15

I like that they are local and I like their deals pretty good. Don't really use them much mainly stick to Groupon myself

crisp8
2/19/15

I have had some really good experiences but too many not so hot. Try to do some research on the companies first.

steveb111
2/17/15

Does not reflect the actual available dates of services and you can not find out whats actually available until after you purchase, asked for refund and was denied, crooks!!!!

jodik1
2/13/15

Fun site! Always love finding a great deal!

aprils20

mendyl
2/13/15

The worst customer service i ever experienced, they will never reply to your emails or any other querry. Just forget about this company and move on to other one.

coletter
2/13/15

I have used Living Social for years. I trust their choice of merchants (with the exception of jaoyeh.co.uk-reviewed separately). Their customer service is excellent and their variety of products with exceptional discounts is an excellent website. Recommend a subscription to get your daily or weekly emails with discounted offers. 5* all the way...

whate3
2/12/15

3rd rate crap that is still overpriced

petterj2
2/12/15

Good

reneem19
2/9/15

I have had all positive experiences using LivingSocial. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to get great value for their consumer dollars.

hannahs21
2/6/15

Very different but awesome services!

bobd69
2/4/15

pretty good took advantage of fishing offer

antoineb22
2/4/15

Great deals!

nickim2
2/2/15

Never had a bad purchase. All vendors vetted for quality

stephanek
2/2/15

Scam scam scam scam scam nothing but scam.

teresab26
1/30/15

I bought an all inclusive vacation package to Cozumel. Even though we had a ball, the quality of the resort was disappointing. It looked like a 5 star on their site and was actually a clean 2 star. I don't trust their quality anymore.

taram13
1/28/15

Awful service bought 2 vouchers for treatments in a clinic had to wait 2months on appointment the voucher expired a week after the only appointment that was offered asked for refund but was declined. I was told living social were known for this wish I had of listened, will never buy from this company again

danielb113

Total Scam!

kristint8

Good~

patb50
1/23/15

i use them all the time. good products and good deals

chadh24
1/22/15

Many offers but so hard to process a order

brendam35
1/22/15

I called Living Social this morning, to review an order with customer service. I spoke with Aaron in the customer service dept. He provided me with outstanding customer service. He was well spoken, had an excellent Knowledge of products and vendors. He also had great voice inflection and tone during the conversation. It made for a very pleasant call. My calls are always handled promptly and any issues are always resolved. Today, Aaron took excellent care of me. I am a very happy Living Social customer and am happy to recommend them on a regular basis.

I received an item from a company that was different than I thought it would be. I did not read the measurements on the item and so the error was on my part. I wanted to return it. Living Social said to "go ahead and keep the item" and they refunded my money. I was asked if I wanted the money refunded to my credit card or my Living Social account. I opted for my account to be refunded. This was taken care of within 5 minutes.

My opinion, as an experienced customer service representative, who has worked in a wide-range of scenarios with customers, is that customers are willing to provide negative feedbacK, as is their responsibity and right. However, on the flipside, leaving positive feedback doesn't take place as often. As a customer, I expect excellent quality of product and customer service. I receive both from Living Social!

paulap20
1/21/15

Disappointed with refund policy
I purchased a phone holder and had to pay postage direct to aven Republic
The item was broken so living social did refund the cost of product but the supplier did not refund cost of postage, so I paid postage to receive faulty goods and contacting living social is ajoke

Tip for consumers: Be aware you may not get postage refunded if you receive faulty goods.

saibij1
1/20/15

Nothing but scam at all.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
Answer
carolyne9
A: I would avoid this company like the plague. They didn't send the goods. They didn't respond to emails. Terrible
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi, i ordered an iphone 5s, and it said that it wold be here by April 1st and 1 Day later it still isn't here and i would like it to be delivered to the address i gave when ordered and for it to be here by April 3rd, as it is a present to my sister and I'm already One day late with it
-Ruth-
4/2/15
Answer
stephanien3
A: Have you contacted the customer service at Livingsocial.com? I have found them to be pretty responsive in the past. This is a seperate review site.
4/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

13 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial