US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephl1

I tried to contact the customer service number that the sales rep provided. (in 222 reviews)

amyo

for those friends to purchase the deal - I was still charged. (in 380 reviews)

leeb6

Be careful --they store your credit card information!!! (in 70 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pault46
8/1/14

I purchased a shoe rack through Living Social from the company - Ez Innovations as a present for my wife. The product proved to be totally unfit for purpose. I contacted both organisations seeking a refund. Ez Innovations replied promising to get back to me. I assume this was an automated response. Living Social have refused to offer a refund or provide any assistance in resolving this issue.
I would advise anybody to be extremely careful when dealing with this organisation as they obviously do not vet the services or providers they have on their site. This could leave a person exposed to very dubious operators using this platform to move their inferior, defective and shoddy goods and services. Living Social strike me as a mercenary organisation with no regard for the customers using their service.

jimp46
7/23/14

They took my money and ran, no one can do anything about it, not my bank, not BBB. I would actually have to fly to Seattle from Chicago to take them to small claims court. Not worth my $127.

frankb58
7/21/14

I booked a 3 day vacation at Legacy Resort in Kissimmee Florida with Living Social. They obviously do not check out their deals. Noisy people, rooms with cardboard walls, unruly kids. People at front desk were nice (of course they want to keep their jobs) First day there they tried to sell me a time share (NEVER get a time share at this place)
People at Living Social were very helpful booking the vacation for us unfortunately they do not know where they are sending you as it's evident they don't know the sites.
In short you get what you pay for.
Stay out of Kissimmee if at all possible it's an area that is on the downside.
As much as I hate to say it the best place to stay is on Disney property. You will pay a premium price but the people you'll meet are nothing like the ones you'll meet in Kissimmee spots.
Last time I ever go thru Living Social.

elizabethh42
7/16/14

For Valentines Day 2014, I received a voucher for Living Social to get my house cleaned. I tried for over a month to call the number given to schedule and received no call in return. I got through once to a human who promptly hung up when she realized why I called. Needless to say, I contacted Living Social who refused to refund my money but gave me a voucher to use somewhere else. I next attempted to use the voucher to get the air ducts in house cleaned (as this was the only service I saw any value you accept for restaurants which were on the the other side of the country. The original date agreed on (by the service call center) was canceled by the actual company who only cleans air ducts in my city on SUNDAYS. Okay, fine, I set it up for an inconvenient Sunday given no other option. And if you haven't guessed it already, they canceled after I had waited for someone to show for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I called Living Social once again to get my money back and was told again that they can only give me a voucher to use for one of their unusable services. Living Social, you win. You may have my money as I do not have the time to waste on this anymore. Well played Living Social, well played.

johnw213
7/16/14

Bought something 17 days ago, no delivery and can't get the vendor to respond. Got the autoresponder message 2 days ago and they would respond within 2 days. BS I have bought some things through Living Social with some success, but no more.

BEWARE of LIVING SOCIAL, great prices, but maybe no delivery.

sundrasn
7/16/14

Save yourself the displeasure in dealing with this bunch! As attractive as their offers look, that's as far as the pleasantness goes! Their customer service have a standard line, stating that they cannot tell you anything until 7 days after you have raised a query or complaint. They use suppliers that no one (not even themselves) can contact by telephone. An example; Love Bebe Shop!!!
My advise; unsubscribe from Living Social. Never use them.
ps: the only reason I even added one star is that you have to select a star rating!

jackt35
7/14/14

Bought a vent cleaning service. Scheduled an appointment, took time off to wait for them and they were a no show. Just to be sure, book an appointment again on a Sat and they were as expected a no show (didnt expected them to show up). The company has terrible reviews. Living Social should check credibility of these vendors. On a good note though, Living Social will refund you with credits promptly. That is why I gave them two stars.

debbien5
7/14/14

Living Social does not honour their offer of "recommend link and if 3 people buy you get yours for free". I did this for a photography course, sent the link to 3 friends. 1 friend did not have a credit card so I used the same link that I sent him and paid for his ticket. I got a email from Living Social saying "Congratulations, I get mine ticket for free". My credit card never got refunded. I followed up and was told because I had paid for my ticket and my friends ticket with the same credit card the offer did not apply. I got a really "we don't care" attitude and they palmed me off.

kathrynf2
7/13/14

I bought the anti snore guard for my husband (Snore-Free Nights (from www.stellawhite.co.uk). It was terrible! Large tough and too big to keep in your mouth without gagging! Living Social wouldn't refund and neither would Stella White. I will never buy anything through Living Social again!

stephaniec34
7/11/14

There should be a rating system here for NO stars. This company is fraudulent and sneers at the mounting number of dissatisfied customers they are amassing. I purchased a NYC hotel package and when I called to redeem it, the hotel HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT and had no redemption code. The entire business was a fabrication; the hotel would not honor any part of it. When I complained, LS said it was expired. The voucher clearly sates there were TEN MONTHS left to redeem it and only one blackout date. I wrote them back to say they were committing a fraud and I could hear the laughter from their contemptuous billionaire owners, including the board and Steve Case, who come off as dishonorable if this is their idea of a business plan. They and the founders are the Bernie Madoffs of leisure and entertainment. I do not expect any action from them and am now stuck with having to go to NYC and pay 3X what I would have had I not purchased this deal. I believe they are in cahoots with businesses in an effort to offer a package, pull out, replace it with a lesser value item, and everyone is happy except for us suckers. Regrettably, I live in a town of a million lawyers and not one will take these people to court. If they did, it would be a massive class action suit. If Soylent Green is made of people then Living Social is made from LIES.

edh11
7/8/14

Purchased a coupon for house power washing through a company called Delia's Home Services. OUT OF DURHAM/CHAPEL HILL, NC They never called me to schedule the cleaning, My bank account was drafted $109.00 on MAY 20, 2014. There is no website, no phone number for either Delia's or Living Social Deals. If anyone has a contact number please let me know. After I contacted them after printing the coupon. I never heard from them. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL DEALS!!!!

rebeccaf8
7/4/14

I used Living Social for some small things like restaurant coupons with no problem. But I took a risk and bought a Book-A-Tailor coupon so my husband could get a tailor-made suit. 6 months and 3 suits later, he still doesn't have a suit he can wear and Living Social says once the coupon is redeemed, they will not get involved.
I also had a bad experience with carpet cleaners. I don't think they screen their offers so beware, you are on your own. I've had much better luck using Groupons.

aileenb2
7/2/14

Desperate customer service. After a problem redeeming code on merchant website and emailing merchant with no reply, I contacted LivingSocial because I had paid them for the deal. They sent me merchants number which I couldn't get answer from. I emailed LivingSocial on numerous occasions only to receive replies from'Sandy' (customer service team member!) one of which said the deal had expired!!( only because I couldn't redeem it) I eventually realised the phone number was a uk one and as I am in Dublin I need international code. I emailed saying I didn't, think I should have to pay for this call, when I ordered in euros through their Irish site. I have received no reply to that email. DESPERATE customer service. Will never order from LivingSocial again.

tinal22
7/1/14

Terrible customer service. Merchants should have a grace period. Emergencies arise where the coupon event cannot be redeemed. Groupon is very understanding about it and will give FULL refunds. The deals they have are far less superior than other merchants. And that is why I will continue my business with Groupon and NOT LivingSocial. I purchase at LEAST one/two coupons per week. Because they were not accommodating with my situation, a single $100 voucher cost them literally thousand of dollars of my future business. Good riddance!!

richardd42
6/20/14

Living Social charged me $23.05 and Tyler's Coffee charge me $5.95 for a 1 lb bag of coffee that was advertised as $5.95 period. Never buy from lLiving Social again.

lawrencep10
6/20/14

Absolutely a scam system. You pay for the price on the livingsocial website, then there always seems to be other charges once you get to the merchants website. Stay away.

lindaw53
6/18/14

Frankly buyer beware. Second clothing purchase the last one was for cami-tops adjustable straps etc. ABSOLUTELY THE CHEAPEST QUALITY I HAVE SEEN-SERIOUSLY! They do accept returns but there is a $7.99 shipping fee if you want a refund and if you take a credit for future purchases you get the whole amount back. DO NOT BUY CLOTHES FROM LIVING SOCIAL!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP AND RIP OFF RETURN POLICY COSTING YOU $8 TO RETURN FAULTY MERCHANDISE.

carolr21
6/15/14

A week and a half before Father's Day, I purchased an item through Living Social taht was advertised as a great gift for Father's Day. A week later, I still had not received notification of shipping. Wrote to Customer Service. THREE DAYS LATER, finally got back a snarky email from Customer Service "reminding" me of something that was never on the terms of service, offer, etc: shipping occurs within ten days of purchase.

I feel that LS was dishonest in promoting this Father's Day item, and that their Customer Service = "not our problem."

Looked up the item on amazon. Same price (and it would already have arrived!). Out of curiosity, looked up other LS deals, and found that every single one of them was readily available from the vendor, or through amazon.

I'm now trying to cancel my LS membership, but not sure how to do it.

jamesh114
6/12/14

Purchased tickets to an event for my fiance and I, but when I had a question their customer service took forever to get back to me. Tickets worked fine though.

peekys
6/12/14

Bought a coupon for a sky dive. Skydiving company cancelled twice because of bad weather. Never got back my money because the voucher was expired. What a scam.

jasonj28
6/12/14

Ordered vouchers then had to pay again for shipping. Not mentioned when buying vouchers. I will never use again.

patriciaw27
6/11/14

Do not purchase from Living Social Deals!!!!!
Before Christmas of 2013 I purchased four lots of vouchers from them (four times £15.00), these vouchers were to purchase colour changing candles from Bentley and Karvel for presents. Each time I tried to use them the charge was coming up, including p & p as £42.98, I could not retrieive the vouchers and until this day I have chased both living Social and Bentley and Karvel to no avail.
Bentley and Karvel have an unobtainable telephone number and although I have written to them on several occasions (recorded delivery) they have totally ignored my letters requesting my sixty pounds back or for them to deliver the goods.
When we purchase an item in any shape or form from a company it is them, and them only that our contract is with and they are the one's that should deal with our complaint. Any third party is for them to deal with as they are their contractors.
I think we so easily except that they will pass us off to anyone so that they do not have to deal with the complaint.
I am reporting Social Living Deals to Trading Standards and will also take them to the small claims court as they have caused me time, upset and aggravation, to get my money back.
If we all let our complaints drop, just think how much money belonging to us, their so called customers they will have sitting in their banks earning interest!!!
Mrs P Watkins

dietmars
6/3/14

This is the second time I have attempted to run a Living Social campaign. One would think there would be any interest on their part to make it happen. Instead no one calls back or responds to messages. If it is already that bad from the business end of things I can only wonder how customers get treated in case of issues. Living Social is clearly over their head and needs to go out of business.

faithw
6/1/14

Please do not purchase from living social. It is a scam... I purchased the boost of nature lawn service and the company will not call me back. Every time I call, I get an answering service and they stated they could only leave messages for the company to call me. I have left 4 voicemails and sent 2 emails and no response. Living social told I could not get a refund... Only a credit to use later. Why would I want a credit to not receive something from another vendor? Buyer BEWARE!

kaustubhj
5/23/14

I am getting crazy with all the deals I get at living social.I love it is so much that I have to control my urge to buy new deals or even gift it to my loved ones. My mother was here visiting me for a month for my graduation and I booked a few great deals here and My mom was so happy.....

marym110
5/21/14

I personally have not had a bad experience with them. However, their customer service seems to be lacking so I knocked off a star.

cachetr
5/19/14

Hey everyone, beware of the hidden cost and fees associated with living social. I purchased the friendship cruise for the ladies of my family as a mothers day gift. The voucher said 1 voucher is good for up to six people,before I purchased the voucher I read the fine print atleast 10x. The day of our set cruise we're on the boat ready to go and the Captin tells us that its actually 1 voucher per person with a 20% gratuity fee per person. I felt really horrible about the whole ordeal that's was my first and last time every purchasing something from the website I have unsubscribe to all emails. DON'T FAIL FOR THE BAIT AND SWITCH!!!

winterh
5/16/14

Acquired a "Whole House Air Duct and Dryer Vent Cleaning" service coupon through Living Social. Voucher said they would clean unlimited supply ducts, one return and a dryer vent. Apparently a company called Carr and Sons is a subcontractor to Living Social. Upon arrival, Carr did not know what service they were to perform and did not know my name. They requested a tour of the home to identify the locations of heating ducts and return ducts. Upon end of tour they announced the fee would be ten time the amount of the purchase price of the coupon. This amount was in addition to the already paid coupon price. They were asked to leave. However, sensing a scam and sensing a refund from Living Social would be difficult or impossible, upon reflection I asked they perform the cleaning stated in the coupon description and nothing more. They stated it would not be beneficial or worth it to me. I then asked, if this was not a scam, why had they come to my home to perform a service that would not provide any benefit? I told them I thought they were con-artists and escorted them off my property.

jonathanr34
5/16/14

Have purchased two items through Livingsocial. The first arrived & failed to work. Attempted to insert fresh batteries, only to find that the battery cover cannot be removed. No return details were enclosed either. Contacted Livingsocial, who provided me with an email address to contact. It took 9 days for the vendor to respond, and only then after I'd contacted Livingsocial again. I was offered a replacement. I said that I would prefer a refund, to which the response was: "Provide us with your address so we can send a replacement." I contacted Livingsocial again, to be told that the vendor had sent a replacement... ...without an address?! After another 9 days - yes, you've guessed it - nothing has arrived.
I also made the mistake of ordering a much larger item. After two weeks, there's no sign of this either.
I'm sorry to say that my experience of Livingsocial is dire. One star is far too much! I can only assume that the site/the vendors are either incompetent or verging on the scam. Avoid! A call to the credit card will be needed to retrieve my funds.

lilianm14
5/14/14

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE
Living social will spam you with email daily, even if you attempt to unsubscribe and set account preferences. They do not obey the anti-spam laws.
I also suspect they sell their email lists because i have started receiving spam from other websites since i have made a purchase with them.

markh108
4/24/14

They sold me fake Gillette Mach3 Blades. The only blade I can use which gives me a babies-bum finish and glides through my super-tough whiskers. Got my LivingSocial/NiftySpot "Gillette Mach3 Blades and it was like using a cheese grater on my face! Looked up http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/114/Mach-3-Razor-Blades.html to find out what the problem might be. Compared the blades with the pictures. If the shave wasn't bad enough to convince me (IT WAS) the comparison pictures were absolute confirmation. Pointed out politely on their customer feedback website and all I got back was a very swift return email which in essence said "speak to the hand, the face ain't listening." Time to trash Living Social even if I do get my money back from their partners in crime NiftySpot.com.

stephanien3
4/21/14

Similar to all of the other deal sites. But, I like how livingsocial offers up to 20% discounts from time to time. If you are patient, just wait for a deal to come up before purchasing the deal!

shellyv1
4/15/14

I purchased (two) Photo Facial from LivingSocial. The owner of Belleza Salon and Spa burned my face, and when I asked her for a refund, she referred me back to LivingSocial. Not only did it take LS MANY weeks to review my complaint and request, but they denied a refund. The spa refused to give me a refund as well.

I see that Living Social has the same promo for the same spa. BUYER BEWARE! If you want your face scorched and no refund, go for it!

priyankat
3/27/14

Very poor customer care service.

I had a genuine issue and the merchant could not honour the voucher. But still they did not give me a refund and asked me to bring refund approval in writing from merchant. I provided the approval from merchant to them still they did not give me a refund. Please be careful dealing with them. I will not recommend anyone to buy deals from them.

jh168
3/20/14

I purchased a window cleaning deal in Nov 2013 and made an appointment for window cleaning in February 2014 which was a date chosen by the vendor. I left messages the day before to confirm but they did not show up on the day of the service. I could not get ahold of them for their phone service goes to voice mail. Someone did call back and I was able to reschedule but it was scheduled to rain that day so when I called a couple of days before to reschedule again, no one ever called back and the vendor did not show up on the day of the appointment either. I explained this to LivingSocial and asked for a cash refund, they refused and offered only Deal Buck because the certificate had expired by then. How would I have known that the vendor would be a flake and a fraud? I don't recommend anyonen buying any service from Living Social for they cannot back up their customers and cannot manage their vendors

sarahw57
3/17/14

Staff and agents at LivingSocial are quite pleasant and helpful.

Have had nothing but positive experiences at each place I have purchased vouchers for. Dinners, massages, shows, etc... As an active purchaser for several years, I have learned to appreciate LivingSocial to introduce me to new places.

capricornm
3/16/14

Avoid these types. They prey on people not cashing in on their vouchers. In the words of Joe Gerard the world greatest salesman who was in the Guinness Book of World Records, look after every single customer, because that customer knows 100 other people. There is nothing more powerful than word of mouth advertising! These people will spend a fortune on advertising trying to create a successful business when all they need to do is look after the clients they already have. We had a funeral and couldn't make the deadline. Voucher expired. I asked them to check the death notices if they thought it was an excuse or I was making it up. But she just kept reading her script - we have "policy" and should have notified them in advance. As if that's what was on our minds then?? Rubbish customer service, a disgrace.
Plenty other fish in the sea! Spend your money elsewhere where it wont be wasted.

hc16
3/14/14

Bought headphones. They took over a month to ship. They were supposed to have a mic and remote built in. Did not They refused to refund the shipping charge.
BEWARE!! They do not back their products!

jink3
3/9/14

Ordered premium earbuds but the item never came to my address, Contacted the company since january 2014 but never received the reasonable response until march 2014. I contacted livingsocial and issued me $10 for inconvenience. I got $10 for 2 months of never ending and non sense emails.
Research before you buy such as if they have valid CS numbers or physical address or third party company because you have to deal with Livingsocial if the third party company don't even exists.

davek44
3/5/14

Terrible, I purchased a window cleaning service from them in Auckland New Zealand. Despite many calls the cleaner never returned my calls. Living Social refused to refund my money.
They don't have a registered office in NZ so I cant take them to court.
Avoid them like the plague

cherep
3/3/14

When I saw the negative reviews on this site, it did make me wary buying from it but I found this website to be a positive experience. It had an Michael Todd Organics item for $25 and after purchase gives you a coupon code to apply in your shopping cart on Michael Todd website. The coupon worked and was true to its word. I'm happy that I know the product is coming from Michael Todd itself and isn't going to be a cheap version of the real $150 product. Real value for money and was easy to do. Can't wait to see more Michael Todd sales.

tatianab1
3/3/14

I was happy finally to find the item I was looking for a long time - a green coffee. Thank livingsocial.com for fast shipping!

jeaniec
2/18/14

I ordered a camera lens for my i phone (a $179 deal for $16). The site bounced me to a
site called "Z Shoppers". I put in my credit card #; they said they did not get it; I put it in again. I was emailed that I hadn;t used the discount code. A lie. Next day I checked my CC statement, and sure enough the $179 charge was on there plus a $4.99 shipping charge. I was able to get the $179 removed and the $4.99 remained. $16 was already sent to living social. Beware.

johnz24
2/16/14

Ordered 3 pair of earbuds deal was told by living social 2 weeks for delivery...called after 2 weeks...was told to wait a little longer...3 weeks still no product...shady deal from a company only 1 month old should not have been offered.

ek33
2/9/14

I bought a voucher for an event taking place last Saturday evening. There were 2 locations listed on the voucher, so my friends and I picked the one closest to us. We arrived to find it completely dark inside, curtains drawn, doors locked. The contact number listed on the voucher connected me to a random hotel 20 blocks away that apologetically told us they had no idea what event we were asking about, and that several other people had also called them. We looked up the phone number for the second location (as this was not listed on the voucher) and called to ask if they were holding the event--they, too, had no idea what we were talking about. A few other girls who had purchased the same voucher showed up, and we all ended up leaving very disappointed and feeling like we were scammed.

I called livingsocial the following morning, they told me they would need 48 - 72 hours to look into the issue. Both my friends called in several hours later and were IMMEDIATELY issued refunds. I called again the next day and the customer service representative said there was nothing he could do, I would have to wait, and he had no record of any other complaints for this voucher (even though I know 100% that AT LEAST 2 people called). A week later, I received an email from livingsocial asking me to be patient as they were still looking into the issue.

Be wary of events you purchase from them and be prepared that they may be completely unwilling to help you with any issues.

nhin2
2/6/14

I looked through the site and found a pair of tickets I may have been interested in and placed them in my cart. Then a window popped up asking me to update my credit card information. I entered in my card number, thinking that it was just for their records. Guess what! They charged my card $170 for the ticket without confirming the sale. I immediately called them and asked to have my card refunded since I didn't authorize the purchase. They basically told me to wait for an investigation (or until my charge went through), then they sent me an email stating that "it was out of their refund policy." I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE AGAIN. The people at Livingsocial.com are crooks.

scottb64
2/3/14

This is a dishonest company in the way it sells, advertises, and supports its products. This weekend they advertised a "Valentine's Thames Cruise" which, one would assume, would take place on Valentine's Day. After inadvertently ordering the item, I checked out the fine print, and saw that the deal was available on every day BUT Valentine's Day! I emailed them within minutes of purchase, but they were closed. I called them promptly Monday morning and the operator told me they would refund the money. Then I received an email saying the fine print would not allow them to make ANY refund. I called to speak to a supervisor wand was put on hold for 20 minutes when I hung up. Do not trust this company!!!

dd69
1/31/14

I ordered and paid for the Texas Highways subscription October 17, 2013 and have now found out that the first issue won't arrive until the end of February 2014, that is 4 months after they took my money for the deal and that delay was not in the fine print. Apparently, sites like Living Social have agencies that offer these subscription rates and in order to get these rates, they hold all their subscriptions orders until they fulfilled a certain quota and only then send Texas Highways or other vendor the orders. Without disclosing a four month delay in the subscription up front, I consider that a deceptive act.

I have been a regular customer of Living Social, but if they won't protect their customers from deceptive practices, then they effectively participate and profit from the deceit.

bobb560
1/30/14

I was a first time user of the site and ordered a wine cruise voucher. After the purchase, they sent me a message saying that they would refund the purchase if I were to get three more purchases from other people. So IU got a hold of some friends and got them to purchase six more vouchers. twice as many as required. One friend bought four vouchers and another bought two. Then when I asked for my refund, Living social told me that because only two separate purchases were made and not three, I would not get the refund. So if one of my friends had purchased 20 more vouchers it would not qualify??? They have to be purchased by three different email sources. What a Joke!! I unsubscribed and will never buy from them again. If you go to Glassdoor.com and read the Living social reviews you will see how bad this company is. The reviews are written by their own employees!!

diannec3
1/26/14

I ordered touch screen gloves from Living Social in Early November a year ago for Christmas gifts. Was given a ship by date. Never got the gloves even tho I called both Living Social n the merchant many times. Was promised the merchandise numerous times from the merchant. Never got the gloves but they charged my credit card! Living Social was absolutely NO HELP. Basically said "Not our problem" and to contact the merchant. Have ordered from Groupon and had no problem at all. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from Living Social and use Groupon!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
sarahw7
A: Is there a review from someone with details on their experience with livingsocial.com? I just dropped money on a deal and I'm not sure how my groupon even gets to me. Please help.
6/11/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial