US Government's NSF

1st Review:
kristinas

657 Reviews for LivingSocial

Review Highlights

I have been calling all day & the phone rings off the hook.

I bought an Amazon gift card and it was easy to use and a great discount.

If you are a business owner, be prepared to experience a loss per customer.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

11/19/13

Livingsocial.com is one of the worst ways to discover a new business I am finding based on a few experiences. The businesses you get a coupon for always hate on the customers when they use the deal that they offered. However, it should be the businesses time to show off what a great business they are, but instead fail miserably by hating on customers using coupons that they themselves offer up. If you don't like customers using them, don't offer them. Poor experiences with the businesses makes you not want to go back.

Also, they have fine print that is very misleading and conflicting. In one area it says that the "Paid Value Does Not Expire", however, they say in the Fine Print it says " voucher subject to forfeiture".

11/18/13

Do not ever buy off this site unless you want to give away your money. Bought world sim cards. When entered the voucher numbers they said that it had been used. No help when I rang up. So I guess thats my money down the drain. Deleting their app!!

11/14/13

i am not sure why so many people complaining me personally i love livingsoical.com i always find great deals and prices last weekends i found some great prices for Broadway show %50 off regular price.

11/12/13

I have a coupon for proplants from Living Social. I get a message that the redemption code is expired or invalid when I try to use it. I have emailed 2x to living social and they have not replied or refunded my account.

11/12/13

Two of their venders did not honor the vouchers as advertised. One played phone tag with me for weeks and didn't return emails. After months of this LS finally refunded my money. This was after I contacted the BBB and also told LS I was closing my account. The other didn't honor the "paid voucher amount." When I emailed LS about this latter one they contacted the business who agreed to honor the next time I came in. Why exactly would I go back and spend more money at a restaurant that was supposed to have honored the paid voucher amount. I too would give LS a rating of 0 stars if there were one to give. The only reason I haven't closed the account already is I had some vouchers to spend.

11/7/13

If there were a lower category (such as NO STAR), that would be my choice. Living Social cannot be trusted to ensure customer satisfaction. Customer Service is a misnomer - should be called Customer Abandonment. I have bought through Groupon, Restaurant.com, eBay and others... excellent experience with those. Living Social -pure hell. Back and forth - the vendor says go to LS to get resolved; LS says to deal with the vendor. I cancelled an item before shipment. No response from vendor. The item was sent anyway. I demanded my money back - no such luck, they just ignore you. Don't want to bore with the details. Suffice to say - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILE OF YOU KNOW WHAT. They make money off the customer's back

11/7/13

It's ok if all goes well. However as soon as a merchant doesn't honor the deal they don't want to know and are very unhelpful.
It's difficult to claim money back as living social says to get it off the merchant and the merchant says to get it from Living social.
I've just lost £80 on a course that I bought that was later cancelled.

11/3/13

Purchased Nifty Spots. Had trouble processing coupon. Color received was different from ordered. Then they tacked on shipping charges that were not mentioned or included in the ad. When I contacted Living Social they said they would pass the news on - no effort on their part at all to help. Now Living Social doesn't even send emails here any more. Guess they didn't like the remarks I left about questioning why wouldn't they help me. .

10/31/13

I have been buying deals from Living Social since they first came out. I have had very few problems with businesses honoring the deals, and if I do, Living Social has given me a refund or Living Social deal bucks to use on a future purchase. All purchases of goods from businesses have also carried Living Social's backing. I have been able to return items that did not meet up to the quality standards I expected. Because of Living Socials deals I have been able to try things I never would have in any other situation. Hang gliding was the most exciting deal I bought, along with my 80 year old mother and two of my sisters, because of the great bargain we got. It is important that anyone buying a voucher read the fine print. You need to be aware of any rules that apply to the deal you are purchasing. I recommend Living Social wholeheartedly!

10/30/13

I was given a Living Social coupon as a gift. I tried to use it 2 weeks before its expiration date and the shop wouldn't honor it because they had no more open appointments. Living Social was impossible to get help from. I had 4 long phone calls, after getting disconnected from the first. Each person on the phone gave me different information on how to resolve the issue of getting credit for my gift. I wound up having to contact the gift-giver 3 times, following the advice I'd gotten from Living Social. It was frustrating, disconcerting, and disappointing. I have unsubscribed and recommend you do the same!

10/28/13

They have lots of problems.
Be careful!
1. They charged me twice with some error message. They will not refund after 7 days even though it is their error. There is no confirmation button or page to review or check what you buy what so ever.

2. They don't have review about product. Be careful! They don't care to sell scam product.
I bought something cost around $60 and it said original price is $300. But actual market price is $60 not $300. They lie about original price. It is complaining about vendor. but LivingSocial need to be responsible if vendors have issue.

10/28/13

Horrible experience, dishonest merchants, City Girl Handyman voucher was purchased they lied about coming out or calling and living social refused to refund.

10/28/13

I bought dance coupon from LivingSocial but the dance studio didn't honor it.
When I contacted LivingSocial, they refused to give me neither credit or refund.

I just got scam by LivingSocial. They took my money and didn't provide the product that I bought and They're getting away with it.

10/23/13

LET THE BUYER BEWARE! Would give zero stars if could. Bought a voucher for Karina's Nails in Memphis TN. When I got to the shop there was a handwritten note taped to the desk that I was asked to read. The note said I had to pay $10 for tax and gratuity before being served. When I told her that that was not included in information on internet, someone came from the back and said, "Yes, it says on the voucher that tax and gratuity are not included." I said, "Yes, but tax is not $10 and gratuity is an amount I pay according to the service I get, not an amount that is predetermined by you." She asked me could I leave now. I told her I sure could and would be filing a complaint and asking for a refund. When I called livingsocial, spoke to Richard who said he couldn't give me a refund because it was past 7 days. I explained to him that this was not a regular refund, this involved extenuating circumstances. The merchant was trying to charge me a fee in addition to the voucher price and tax. I explained to him what the note said and after insisting on a refund he put me on hold so he 'could see what he could do.' He said he would pay half of the $10 and I could pay the other half. I told him I was not patronizing that shop. First of all, they weren't going to pay any tax and I determine the gratuity not them. So, after a lot of haggling he said he could credit me social bucks. I asked him why he couldn't just credit my credit card; he told me I didn't pay with a credit card. I asked him how did I pay and he said paypal. I said, "that's a credit card. Why can't you credit paypal." To make a long story short, I asked for a supervisor and got Bryan who was no more helpful than Richard. I believe this is a company of youngsters out to make a buck with no customer service skills and no knowledge of how to keep customers. Called paypal and told them what was going on. They filed a complaint even though it was past the 45 days. If you don't already know about or use paypal, look into using them to make payments for everything on internet.They are customer service oriented and will get your money back if you don't get what was promised. I will not use living social again. Stick with Groupon; they have more and better offers anyway. Now, on to filing a complaint against Karina's Nails with BBB.

10/17/13

I had an issue with a Night of Mystery murder mystery party I purchased. I could not get ahold of the Night of Mystery company easily, but Living Social took care of my problem for me and the customer service staff were really helpful. They also answered the phone after one ring, so maybe they have more customer service staff now?

10/16/13

living doing a good job in partnering with scammers like epic laser & spa they kept my $125 & never get a refund..they are scammers beware!!. shame on you

10/15/13

CROOKS with the worst customer service! Just bought a deal for a 3 nights stay in a hotel in vegas for $501, the price dropped right after to $183 for the same dates. After 3 days of back and forth with their awful custumer service, we got zero refund and they simply took the deal off their website.. What a scam! will never be using them again..

10/10/13

Read their fine print, people! Come on, if you're going to be ordering something online and putting your credit card on a site, the least you can do is read the fine print. The deals are cheap and they cater to mom and pop places which is why you pay the low prices that you pay.

10/10/13

Hired a 2 hour house cleaning thru living social. Was very hard to make an appt. with the company, and they provided NO phone number to reach the company. When an appt. was finally arranged, they never showed up. Set up another appt. Never showed up. Never called. Got deal bucks from living social to amend the situation. Made an appointment for duct cleaning next thru another company. Guess what?? Never showed up! Not sure I want to waste another half a day waiting for the company to arrive. Also had a massage once where the therapist had one hand on me and one hand texting on her cell phone for 90% of the appt. Also had a different massage appt. where I showed up at the location and found they had cancelled my appt. (Gee...thanks for telling me.). Made a new appt. Guess what!!!! I showed up and there was no one there! Wow! Should I be surprised?? No. Should I be angry? Yes. Done with living social. Waste of time and money, and all I have obtained thru them is anger. Guess my air ducts will stay dirty until I decide to hire a reputable company. I guess it will always be true...you get what you pay for.

9/30/13

I bought a voucher for a bouncy house for my son's first birthday. I called the company to book the bouncy house 3 weeks in advance of the party and they were completely booked. The only reason I bought it was for his party and now I'm out $80 and I still have to book and pay for another vendor. Living Social offered me deal buck which is fine, but now I've ended up paying $200 for something that should have cost me $80. I'll never book a living social deal again...not worth it.

9/26/13

I had a coupon for $25 for Michael Todd Organics. The ad was very confusing and i thought the $150 product was for $25. it was not. Only to use $25 towards $150. I asked for a refund and they wouldn't give me one. Had sent an email and never saw one in return. When I called I got the run around by three 20 somethings who knew nothing about customer service. (No offense to anyone that age). They are very inexperienced company with young management and don't know how to negotiate with anyone keep customers. I won't use another deal from them. They won't survive.

9/26/13

BUYER BEWARE! We bought a Cape Cod escape on Living Social looking forward to spending a couple of days away. However every time we went to book a room, the hotel said that "1 room" allocated the voucher was booked, however they would be happy to sell us another room for an additional $132- $164 a night! This hotel also has a 14 day cancellation policy so if you book in advance and have to cancel - you loose the voucher completely! Try to resolve this with Living Social - the broker of the deal and they tell you to work with the merchant. Call the merchant and they say it was part of the deal they made with Living Social. Living Social is deceptive at best as to how they present these deals to their customers - while all along protecting the merchants. We are now out our $384 and cannot find a way to resolve this.

9/26/13

DO NOT USE LIVING SOCIAL!

I requested a voucher and was not able to log on to the merchant's website. When I finally did (on Day 6) the Courses4less (merchant's website) course was not what I had asked for! Living Social said they contacted the merchant - which they DIDN'T and told me I need to contact the merchant myself. Voucher was £49 and I will NEVER EVER buy from the fraudsters again!

9/25/13

I order a 4 piece Microfiber sheet set on 8-28-2013, today 9-25-2013 I am still waiting for my order. No resolution to my case very bad customer service.

Silvia Lopez

9/22/13

Multiple issues with multiple vouchers. Initially livingsocial assisted in resolution. However, now, they just tell you to contact the company, and "good luck with that" kind of service. Avoid them. They have been exhibiting less and less admirable customer service. I predict failure.

9/18/13

Crap service and they stole my money with pest control voucher which merchant can't validate and can't refund...waste website do not recommend to anyone...

9/18/13

We used livingsocial to purchase vouchers for West Coast Basketball clinic back in August limited time and space available! The clinic started September 16th outside at a Middle School blacktop,they had over 290 kids (ages 6-16) and only 12 High School kids to teach. Our 6 year old was upset since he could not shoot a basket- ball in to a regulation height basketball hoop. My older child 10 years old just stood in long lines to do a few drills. Needless to say we wanted a refund from Livingsocial! Their response is; "sorry your purchase did not work out, our refund policy is within 7 days of the purchase not when you receive your purchase." That's ok, we tried livingsocial we lost $200.00 but we hope to help other families understand how livingsocial does business!! Do Not Buy Anything from this company if you will not use it in 6 days from the purchase date!!

9/18/13

Terrible. The IPhone App works one minute then not the next. The company does not back up the deals that they put forth. Buyer Beware!

9/16/13

Early last week I purchased a 4 night package at the Christinia hotel in Vail, Colorado through Living Social during the Christmas 2013 holidays. My credit card was charged for the entire amount upfront. All flights were made and we were looking forward to the experience. On Friday evening I received an email message saying that Living Social appreciates me contacting them to cancel the reservation and that my money has been refunded. Since I didn't contact them I immediately called them to see what the problem was with the email that I received. When I called them back they said that there had been a "technical issue" and that they had refunded my money due to the hotel not having any availability. When I looked on other hotel sites there is a lot of availability but the price of the hotel is significantly higher than what I booked through Living Social. First of all they sent me a standard form email and didn't have the decency to apologize for my inconvenience. When I talked to Customer Support they immediately said that the fine print on their main website allows them to CANCEL any package at anytime. This is a major double standard since if I were to cancel I would have lost all my money that I paid upfront. I'm currently in the process of fighting this decision and plan to fight this to the finish. I'm tired of fraudlent companies taking advantage of consumers. I promise I will educate the rest of the Living Social community.
Case Number 11055

9/14/13

I bought a voucher that the merchant would not honor and Living Social would be refund or even give me deal bucks. Never buy anything from them. They stole my money

9/11/13

like most people, living social has known bad vendors, will not refund money for known bad vendors. one example is Leila's house cleaning service. Pretty much everyone got duped, just looked at her reviews. called living social was lied to by rep chris that I was the only complaint. I guess they would go out of business if they actually refunded money by bad vendors. Well one of a few that will not use their services again.

9/10/13

Do not buy services from these people. I bought a car detail and the company wouldn't honor my coupon and told me to go get a refund. No refund available unless I wanted "deal bucks" for what will likely be another bad service provider. This is just a wholesaler who provides offers from companies who can't earn business in other ways. Uhg does not describe how stupid I feel for having bought something from them.

9/10/13

They do not check their vendors and end up offering deals that never get fullfilled. To add to that, they have slow customer services that does its best to delay or not offer refunds rather than accepting their fault.

9/7/13

Bought a LivingSocial deal for $75 for 2 hours of handyman service. The handyman came out and we showed him what we wanted done (it was more than 2 hours worth but willing to pay their going rate). The handyman then emailed me and said a quote was on its way. After not hearing anything for other a month and no response to my emails, I contacted LivingSocial. They said that I was out of luck and that they wouldn't issue a refund as it wasn't their fault that the handyman wasn't contacting me. LivingSocial doesn't screen the companies they do business with and won't back up any of their deals if they go south (unlike Groupon who will offer a refund if the offer isn't honored by the business who offers it). Stay far away from LivingSocial!

9/5/13

I wish I could not give this company a star at all...This company does not stand by the merchants they endorse. I recently purchased two coupons for a mani/pedi. I went to the salon and found an unsanitary, unprofessional and trashy business where I received terrible service. After my experience at the salon, I called Living Social's costumer service line. When I asked for a full refund for the cost of the two coupons they told me they could give me living social bucks. I told them I wanted a full refund because of the unsanitary conditions of the salon. After being on the phone for over an hour and being spoken to condescendingly by 3 different representatives, I still ended up with Living Social bucks instead of getting my real money back. They treated me completely unprofessionally and I will not be buying anything from this company again.

8/31/13

They advertise, sold and charged me for a kayak experience, but the kayak company was all booked, over a month out. The Kayak company told us the "deal had been too popular" (over selling) and that they would extend the deal through labor day. We go to book later in the summer and the company has a message saying they are booked through the end of the season. No way to leave a message. No response to e-mails. I have tried to book all summer with no luck. When I approached Living Social, they keep sending me form letters and take no responsibility to charging for a deal that there wasn't enough availability, even mid-day on week days, to actually provide the services. I'm guessing this is a major part their business model. All the costumer care representatives were unsympathetic and unwilling to address this issue. I received a series of form e-mails in response to my many contacts.

8/26/13

I bought a voucher and everything was good, then I mistakenly bought a 7 piece comforter and emailed them right after to cancel, they said they couldn't find it even though I got a confirmation email. Then a day later I try again, they tell me it's too late, no refunds when the fine prints said refunds within 7 days and they cancel my voucher too. Save yourself a headache

8/23/13

I'm hoping people read these review before purchasing a livingsocial, I sure wish I did. I have had no issues with the gift certificates because you can click on ANY living social email you get, go to "My Vouchers" it's located at the very top right side of the page. Click on that, it will list your recent vouchers (if not, click on purchase history) then select the voucher you want to print. They are usually ready within seconds.

The major problem is when you purchase merchandise that gets shipped from the company itself, not livingsocial. I have been waiting 50 days for a hammock I purchased and never received from the company. So read the fine print, if it's merchandise that will ship from the company directly, living social can't promise you will get it. I have been waiting over 7 days to hear back from living social about this deal and they haven't been able to help me. The company Cautivadora has sent me several excuses & told me it was shipped but it never came. Their company is in NY & I am in DE so it shouldn't take more than a few days to get. Now they are ignoring all my emails & don't answer their phone.

I'm convinced this is a scam & blame livingsocial because they need to do a better job screening the companies they do business with. I trusted them & got ripped off. They were not able to help me get this resolved therefore I feel they left me hi & dry. I will not be purchasing another livingsocial & am doing my best to prevent anyone else from ending up in my same boat. I'm out over $80. The worse part was that this was a birthday gift for a big camping trip we were taking & I had to run out last minute & grab whatever I could find on the shelves. Very sad.

Livingsocial, thanks for the worse online experience I've ever had.

8/22/13

Purchased voucher for Stride Stand up paddleboarding, booked lesson well in advance with a friend so we could coordinate schedules/babysitters, received confirmation 3 days prior to lesson. We showed up to location early as instructed and no one was there. Finally left about 10 minutes after lesson was supposed to start and called vendor. He returned call the next day saying he had sent an email changing the location. My friend and I never received that change and that is because he typed the email address wrong. We asked him for a refund and he said okay we'd have to go through Livingsocial. We applied for refund through LivingSocial and they denied saying we were outside of the window. We called and explained that this was the vendor's fault and not ours and we shouldn't have to book another lesson again and waste more of our time. LivingSocial hasn't returned our phone calls/emails since then. Shady operation at best. Yes, they're hooking you up with deals, but beware if anything goes wrong they will NOT have your back. We're currently processing refund through our credit cards!

8/21/13

I purchased tickets for a show and they advertise that if 3 people purchase the same deal through your "special link" then your ticket is free. I received the e-mail from Living Social indicating that my money would be refunded since 3 people bought the deal through my link. I have been trying for over a month to get my money back and they keep telling me that the 3 purchases didn't qualify. How is that possible when all of us attended the event together and EVERYTIME someone made a purchase I received an e-mail telling me I was a step closer to a free deal. These people are full of crap!

8/16/13

This is the WORST site ever !!!! This business does not care at all about their customers. They continue to give excuses about their unlawful business practices, absolutely refuse to refund money that was paid to them by customers when they to not fulfill orders. They will be out of business SOON. Groupon is rated much higher, have superb customer service and understand that the customer is always right !!! A philosophy livingsocial.com needs to incorporate !! Dont waste your money with livingsocial.com, Amazon, Groupon ect ...so much better !!!

8/15/13

I have bought quit a few items from this website. And resonantly had to go to customer service for help on an item I never receive. HORRIBLE customer service. Will not be purchasing any more items from this website!!!!

8/14/13

I purchased a living social voucher today and when I tried to have the voucher sent to my email (after entering my credit card info) there was a glitch in their system and it didn't work. I called the customer service and followed their instructions which were to start over with the transaction. However when I got back to the cart the deal was gone. I called customer service again and nobody could help me and both the customer service rep and the manager were very rude. Overall, I wouldn't use this site unless you want to give out your credit card number and get nothing in return.

8/12/13

Customer service team does not protect consumers' interest. Once you bought the vouchers, regardless of the misrepresentation of the information, or terms not included in the fine print, you are left alone to deal with the possible scam that Living Social has led you into.
As a customer on Living Social, your right is not being protected, nor being honoured.
I have purchased a two-hour moving service voucher from living social. When I called the merchant, the merchant said, they have told Living Social plenty of times, their condition on the service is a minimum of 4 hours of booking. and Living Social didn't put that in the fine print, and didn't even put down the hourly rate after 2 hours for them.
They refused to honoured the voucher and asked me to go to Living Social for refund.
Living Social's excuse? We have already paid the merchant. you cannot have your money back. The merchant is tossing me to Living Social, and Living Social is tossing me back to the merchant.
If it is a problem between Living Social and the merchant, shouldn't we, as customers, not get stuck in the middle with a $#*!ty deal?
If the deal wasn't honoured by the merchant, shouldn't Living Social refund all the money to the customers who already purchased the voucher, and discontinue their business with the merchant?

8/11/13

HORRIBLE customer service. The deals expire within months, and even if you realize you can't use the deal before the expiration, you can't get a refund or credit for any reason after 7 days. Groupon has a much better customer service interface. I will never buy another deal from Living Social again.

8/11/13

DID NO GET ITEMS, CHARGED TWICE, UNABLE TO GET REFUND SINCE CANCEL TIME WINDOW IS 7 DAYS ONLY AND TWO WEEKS PASSED. Rep from livingsocial stated they have fine print that they not responsible for shipping and refund time is 7 days. buyers beware!!!!!!!!!! I am personally never going to use it!!!!!

8/11/13

Horrible company. I bought a deal from them (house cleaning) and the company never showed and never contacted me. I tried contacting them for weeks...no response. So I called LivingSocial, I was told I would get a refund. Now they refuse to give me a refund and tell me the other company will work with me...yet they still will not respond to any of my messages. LivingSocial tries to take money with taking any responsibility. I will continue to go with the many other services similar to LivingSocial that actually care about their customers.

8/8/13

I do not recommend this Website because you will never know how much shipping you will pay until you pay the full price and you redeem the item for the original website. also in my case they didn't send me my Item until I contacted them and they was overseas so they ship it after 10 days and until today which is is 25 days after I redeemed the Item I didn't receive it yet.

8/8/13

Don't do it!! If cannot fulfill voucher they fob you of and refuse a refund.

I would never use this company again nor recommend.

8/5/13

RUN AWAY! Run as fast as you can from this scam service. They will sell you services from shoddy vendors that do not even bother to respond to your request for services until after the refund period (7 whole days) has expired. Living Social does not want to refund your cash after 7 days, they want to give you Deal Bucks for more worthless deals. In hindsight, the negative feedback for Living Social is overwhelming, with 90% or more at one-star. They even have hundreds of BBB complaints on file. Take your money elsewhere if you want to get any value for it.

About LivingSocial
Specialties & Business Description
LivingSocial is a leading "daily deal" site that sells discounted experiences and local services--restaurants, spa trips, home services, travel, etc.--via voucher. The consumer must pay for the voucher upfront, and the voucher generally must be used within a specified time period or it cannot be redeemed. To make these deals possible, LivingSocial sells merchants on its ability to help "find and keep more customers". LivingSocial is a private company based in Washington DC and its shareholders include Amazon.com.
Meet the Business Representative