US Government's NSF

domains@livingsocial.com

722 Reviews for LivingSocial

Review Highlights

karenb25

I have been calling all day & the phone rings off the hook.

janed15

I bought an Amazon gift card and it was easy to use and a great discount.

mouschkaa

If you are a business owner, be prepared to experience a loss per customer.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

cherep
3/3/14

When I saw the negative reviews on this site, it did make me wary buying from it but I found this website to be a positive experience. It had an Michael Todd Organics item for $25 and after purchase gives you a coupon code to apply in your shopping cart on Michael Todd website. The coupon worked and was true to its word. I'm happy that I know the product is coming from Michael Todd itself and isn't going to be a cheap version of the real $150 product. Real value for money and was easy to do. Can't wait to see more Michael Todd sales.

tatianab1
3/3/14

I was happy finally to find the item I was looking for a long time - a green coffee. Thank livingsocial.com for fast shipping!

candaces1
2/26/14

Worst site ever! They promote failing and shady businesses because no one else will. I am personally fighting a big charge incurred from one of their fraudulent businesses. When you have a problem, the site has no feedback or help. Stay away...this site will fail...give it time.

nashj1
2/26/14

I bought a voucher for a car detailing service. The merchant is unreachable. When you call their number it says "mailbox is full". Livingsocial customer service called them while I was on hold and confirmed that she got the same message. Then I get an email from Livingsocial (Help Request #14029415) saying that they confirmed the merchant is actively scheduling appointments at the number so they cannot refund my money. They just out and out lied about it.

matties8
2/22/14

I bought a cosmetic treatment for close to $300. I scheduled my appointment well ahead of the expiration date. The merchant informed me that she would not be able to complete the treatment successfully because I required several treatments beforehand to prepare the site. These treatments and healing would span several months and cost at least an additional $500. I did not want to invest the extra time and expense. I contacted Living Social and told them the merchant is not willing to honor the voucher as is. They told me they would investigate and contact the merchant. Shortly after they told me the merchant said she would honor the voucher, but I STRONGLY repeated she will not without conditions that are unacceptable to me. Then they relented a bit and offered me deal bucks. But I wanted my money refunded. Fortunately, I appealed to my credit card company and after looking at my documentation, the full amount was credited to my account. As a result of this experience, I would never use Living Social again and never recommend them. They were dishonest as far as I am concerned. I will stick with Groupon from now on.

jeaniec
2/18/14

I ordered a camera lens for my i phone (a $179 deal for $16). The site bounced me to a
site called "Z Shoppers". I put in my credit card #; they said they did not get it; I put it in again. I was emailed that I hadn;t used the discount code. A lie. Next day I checked my CC statement, and sure enough the $179 charge was on there plus a $4.99 shipping charge. I was able to get the $179 removed and the $4.99 remained. $16 was already sent to living social. Beware.

johnz24
2/16/14

Ordered 3 pair of earbuds deal was told by living social 2 weeks for delivery...called after 2 weeks...was told to wait a little longer...3 weeks still no product...shady deal from a company only 1 month old should not have been offered.

ek33
2/9/14

I bought a voucher for an event taking place last Saturday evening. There were 2 locations listed on the voucher, so my friends and I picked the one closest to us. We arrived to find it completely dark inside, curtains drawn, doors locked. The contact number listed on the voucher connected me to a random hotel 20 blocks away that apologetically told us they had no idea what event we were asking about, and that several other people had also called them. We looked up the phone number for the second location (as this was not listed on the voucher) and called to ask if they were holding the event--they, too, had no idea what we were talking about. A few other girls who had purchased the same voucher showed up, and we all ended up leaving very disappointed and feeling like we were scammed.

I called livingsocial the following morning, they told me they would need 48 - 72 hours to look into the issue. Both my friends called in several hours later and were IMMEDIATELY issued refunds. I called again the next day and the customer service representative said there was nothing he could do, I would have to wait, and he had no record of any other complaints for this voucher (even though I know 100% that AT LEAST 2 people called). A week later, I received an email from livingsocial asking me to be patient as they were still looking into the issue.

Be wary of events you purchase from them and be prepared that they may be completely unwilling to help you with any issues.

nhin2
2/6/14

I looked through the site and found a pair of tickets I may have been interested in and placed them in my cart. Then a window popped up asking me to update my credit card information. I entered in my card number, thinking that it was just for their records. Guess what! They charged my card $170 for the ticket without confirming the sale. I immediately called them and asked to have my card refunded since I didn't authorize the purchase. They basically told me to wait for an investigation (or until my charge went through), then they sent me an email stating that "it was out of their refund policy." I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE AGAIN. The people at Livingsocial.com are crooks.

dd69
1/31/14

I ordered and paid for the Texas Highways subscription October 17, 2013 and have now found out that the first issue won't arrive until the end of February 2014, that is 4 months after they took my money for the deal and that delay was not in the fine print. Apparently, sites like Living Social have agencies that offer these subscription rates and in order to get these rates, they hold all their subscriptions orders until they fulfilled a certain quota and only then send Texas Highways or other vendor the orders. Without disclosing a four month delay in the subscription up front, I consider that a deceptive act.

I have been a regular customer of Living Social, but if they won't protect their customers from deceptive practices, then they effectively participate and profit from the deceit.

bobb560
1/30/14

I was a first time user of the site and ordered a wine cruise voucher. After the purchase, they sent me a message saying that they would refund the purchase if I were to get three more purchases from other people. So IU got a hold of some friends and got them to purchase six more vouchers. twice as many as required. One friend bought four vouchers and another bought two. Then when I asked for my refund, Living social told me that because only two separate purchases were made and not three, I would not get the refund. So if one of my friends had purchased 20 more vouchers it would not qualify??? They have to be purchased by three different email sources. What a Joke!! I unsubscribed and will never buy from them again. If you go to Glassdoor.com and read the Living social reviews you will see how bad this company is. The reviews are written by their own employees!!

diannec3
1/26/14

I ordered touch screen gloves from Living Social in Early November a year ago for Christmas gifts. Was given a ship by date. Never got the gloves even tho I called both Living Social n the merchant many times. Was promised the merchandise numerous times from the merchant. Never got the gloves but they charged my credit card! Living Social was absolutely NO HELP. Basically said "Not our problem" and to contact the merchant. Have ordered from Groupon and had no problem at all. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from Living Social and use Groupon!

jamesc147
1/19/14

I purchased 3 sessions from a merchant on Living Social. This required me to call the merchant and schedule the sessions. Over a 2 month period, the merchant had ZERO availabilities. The first one was AFTER the promotional value expires on my deal. I contacted Living Social, who politely told me that they don't really care and that I should read the Promotion Expiration Policy. They gladly explained that I have 5 more years to enjoy the PAID VALUE on the deal. (i.e. No Deal at all!)

annf9
1/19/14

I bought an item from this site was sent a code but when I went to site to redeem it and pay postage it wouldn't accept. I got back to livingsocial who didn't help also got on to company and asked if I could have phone number to pay for postage they said it was up to living social I LOST THE MONEY I PAID swore I would never buy from this site again but guess what they advertised something I wanted and couldn't see it on any other site so bought and here I am same problem won't accept code.

cheryla9
1/17/14

LIVING SOCIAL SUCKS! Don't try to purchase anything from this website they have terrible customer service. I tried to order something and I have yet to receive it and it's been since November when I ordered it. And no one can tell me where it is and I can't get a refund because that's how much living social sucks!
Don't waste your time it's a waste of money!

lindam85
1/9/14

Delete them from your email list. Do not give them your credit card number. I have tried for over a year to get a resonse regarding an item I ordered but was never delivered. I was crazy and ordered another item from this site about a year and a half later, only to have them charge my credit card twice! I have never had any bad experience with TeamBuy and will NEVER use Living Social again. Run don't walk away from this site. IT IS A SCAM AND YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE WHAT YOU ORDER BUT THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD (TWICE).

timh27
1/9/14

Photo book voucher. Confusion in dates between Living Social and Photo book supplier. Needless to say I lost out. Had to pay more money to re-activate the voucher. Customer service at Living Social redefined the word "service" in the downwards direction. It was a whole lot of weasel-words and basically, "Go away, we are not going to help you". I can honestly say that with Living Social, it is a case "buyer beware".

mattr28

STAY AWAY!!!

This company takes no accountability for the dodgy merchants it signs up for it's deals! Although the deals look great (and I will admit, some actually are great), they are usually start up companies, or companies struggling to make money (usually for a reason - they suck).

To give my own personal experience:
Purchased a voucher for a canvas print, claimed and ordered the item, after 2 months the item never showed. Couldn't get a response from the third party merchant, so went back to LivingSocial for advice. Instead of providing me a contact phone number, LivingSocial gave me the merchants Australian Business Number (ABN), which clearly they got from the website (it was the only number listed on the website).

LivingSocial failed to take any accountability for their dodgy merchant and told me that "as they had provided the voucher, they had fulfilled their part of the sale agreement". Visa disagreed and issued a reversal on LivingSocial so that I was able to receive a full refund.

Interestingly, almost a week after I received the chargeback, LivingSocial managed to "solve the issue" with the merchant and re-credited me also, DESPITE being told by me that I had solved the issue via my card issuer.

So now I'm left to deal with following up on my card holder dispute to give back the duplicated refund!

Overall, livingsocial are crap! Crap deals and even worse service! Just don't even bother, these reviews should be enough to show you WHY to avoid them!

melissab33
1/3/14

I believe this company, Living Social, is a site front for gaining access to large amounts of cash for a period of time by pretending to be offering merchant deals. The merchant falls through and you get back only the cash you put in not any % of the deal you though you had bought.

It is a law that they have to hold your original funds for 5 years if not used in the voucher period. I had an experience where a vendor whose code did not work during the valid period would not honor the full amount of the voucher and demanded that I use the cash value amount within two months or loose it.

The amount of time you invest to get you $$$ back is astronomical. And they make every attempt to hold it for longer and longer.

julieb46
1/3/14

I have had nothing but problems purchasing deals from this site. I don't know if they just don't validate the merchants properly before making deals with them or what but I had purchased a picture on canvas from canvas people and received a canvas that was defective. There was a snag on my fathers face. It was like pulling teeth trying to get them to send me a new one or a refund. My mother purchased me the uv nail starter kit for Christmas and what a joke!! The colors are not true to color and they peel right off working minutes. Of course you can't return that. $70 down the drain. I will never use living social so purchase a deal again.

lauras38
12/28/13

I will NEVER buy from this site again! The quality of the earrings I bought was terrible and the dollar amount they claim the earrings were valued at was laughable. I feel I was scammed and will avoid this website from now on. Also, I tried to resolve the issue with their customer service and they clearly were NOT interested in helping me...they pushed me off to the manufacturer who never answered their phone and did not respond to my emails. AVOID!!

saram29
12/24/13

I bought a deal on here and was very dissapointed with the quality. I looked at this site to read their customer service reviews before contacting LivingSocial about it, but almost didn't even want to after reading such negative reviews. I emailed them anyway and was told I could get 5 living social bucks as a way to show they were sorry for inconvenience (the deal I bought was $15). I was not satisfied with this so I called them...the lady was super nice, issued me a refund for the whole price back to my credit card AND let me keep the 5 living social bucks. I personally had a great experience with their customer service...maybe I just got lucky by having a nice lady answer the phone with the holiday spirit? Idk but either way, I feel like this company is fair and I have enough confidence in their customer service to continue being a customer.

matthewc44
12/20/13

They are clearly trying to steal as much as they can as quickly as they can. By far the worst deal site I have ever used. I wouldn't buy anything from them if it was free. Horrible customer service as well.

sitej14
12/18/13

Living Social - stay away!

I received an event 'present' from a relative that had been bought with their hard earned money from the site. I was very disappointed with the non-delivery of the said package. Any attempt to engage Living Social customer service in meaningful dialogue ended in non-communication and further disappointment.

If you want to avoid mental termoil, then please avoid the site.

harleena
12/17/13

Tried to buy tickets to a hockey game, website claimed the prices were a 31% discount. I went to Tickemaster website and the prices are actually higher than the regular priced tickets however you can get a hockey puck for free. Ridiculous.

trevorn2
12/17/13

Dreadful -m they do not care about customers, they are rude and heavy handed in customer 'support' - do not deal with them, they are only interested in taking your money

pattier
12/16/13

Purchased a Trip to Belize through living social- Due to US DEPT OF STATE Government Website. It was reported that Belize is the 6th Most dangerous Place in the world to visit- High Crime, Murder and even terrorist connections- I chose Not to go and requested a refund . Their customer service dept stated that they do not give refunds, and its the responsibility of the purchaser to do their own Due diligence on safety issues or concerns. I disagree! I feel if they are selling a product to the public - They should also do their own DUE DILIGENCE although my voucher to go to Belize is still good for 5 years- They should be required to have a link to The State Department or govermental agency to each place they are selling-

leithat
12/12/13

Purchased cardigan sweater not knowing there were no returns. Even though I purchased an xl it is the tiniest, flimsiest cardigan, a tshirt would be warmer. Cancelling my membership with livingsocial. Buyer beware!

sigitaa
12/11/13

I bought the headphones that came in the broken box and some wire is missing .One side of headphone doesn't work properly and when i made a call they told me ,that this is final sale and they can not help me even this headphones looks used -NOT NEW .I felt helpless and outwitted .I don't want my money back but i want new headphone . First and bad experience with LivingSocial buying goods.

kellif
12/10/13

I will not be ordering from LivingSocial ever again. I ordered a dog tag for my dog & a friend wanted to purchase one too from my special link.. Well it wouldn't let her, so I called up and told the guy who answered the phone. He was very rude and inconsiderate. He tried to tell me the reason she couldn't purchase the item was b/c it was sold out. He flat out LIED!! She was able to purchase the dog tag right after he mentioned that. They are complete scammers and don't want to give you the credit you deserve. I'm sticking with GROUPON!!

carolyng7
12/10/13

I purchased two vouchers to spend on Pandora charms in the Watch Store in Belfast. Vouchers are valid until end of March 2014. What the deal failed to say was that the Watch Store are discontinuing their Pandora range. When I called to order two charms that I wanted they said that I could only choose from what is instore and they will not be getting new stock. The shop has only very old stock in store which is not suitable for genuine Pandora collectors. I called Living Social to ask for a refund but they refused saying that the deal said any charm in store. True but very misleading. I had to speak to a manager who was abrupt and said that I could gift the vouchers to others who could use them. Who wants old stock ???? He then said that he would credit five pounds to my Living Social account. No Point as I will never purchase from them again. I also had ordered an Android tablet for Christmas and then got an email saying that the company could not honour Christmas Delivery. I asked about this also and was advised that this is not Living Social's responsibility ! They sold me the deal !!!!! To cut a long story short AVOID AVOID AVOID !!

jesn
12/8/13

I purchased vouchers for carpet cleaning from Majestic cleaners. I immediately attempted to contact the merchants and received a response a month later. They will not clean my carpets unless I purchase other services which are quite expensive. Living social refuses to refund me my money, hence I am now almost £60.00 out of pocket. Avoid purchasing any majestic cleaners deals and living social deals at all costs. If you make a mistake or the merchant does not deliver, you will not get your money back.

melissad17
12/8/13

Ive been a living social customer since September 2011 and bought at least 10 deals. I recently needed to ask for a refund for the San Diego Zoo Safari tickets that I bought since we moved further away from San Diego. Ive sent living social numerous emails and all I received were generic emails and they will give a refund nor give deal bucks. I was very disappoointed. Living social has a very bad customer service. I hope people stop buying from them since they dont care about their customers. I will insubscribe from their emails and delete their app from my phone. Stay away from livingsocial.com

mec15
12/7/13

HORRIBLE - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Obviously PAID for item (dress watch) and it's never arrived!! Over 4 months of attempting to contact these dogdy people with nothing more than a fob story email every now and then. Customer service is NON existent and they refuse to refund me my money saying "they can't do that" so have "resent" the item. Yeh right!!
DONT GO NEAR THEM!!

barbarae10
12/6/13

I bought a coupon for shari's berries which I loved prior to this experience as well. I spoke with sharii's berries at length explaining how living social took my money and turned it into what they call "deal bucks" and each segment of time, possibly weekly they deduct $1.oo from your account..so they do essentially steal your money.. I laugh they only got $12.00 and I believe in Karma... and really thought that Shari's Berries would be smart seeing that I am a customer would honor the cash I paid in the least.. I was off by one day, thought it expired the last day of the month and it expired the day prior! So shari's berries also denied any real help to me... I told them I never would've ever got involved except they have always been so reputable, etc They took no responsibility. In my opinion, as another reviewer said, the merchants are losing customers over this one! I have not ordered from living social, don't even look at what they offer, have deleted them from my computer and I have not ordered from shari's berries again either to date... I don't imagine I ever would, I feel I was not treated well by either of them. They are real beauties in this scam.... PLEASE KEEP YOUR MONEY! I cannot honestly recommend getting involved on any level with this business.

agnesg
12/3/13

I would rate living social as zero stars, but one is the worst I can do. I paid $110 for 3 two hour house cleaning services from Unique Home Cleaning during the summer of 2013. They certainly are unique because they don't exist. Despite repeated calls to schedule my service, I never got to speak with anyone. Thinking that they were simply getting a great response, I kept trying for a week, then 2, then 3 until I finally got a recording saying that the number I was dialing was a non-working number! I immediately contacted living social, certain that they would stand by their vendor and refund my money, but was shocked when they refused. They have a 7 day refund policy, which is ridiculous; I could never have realized that this vendor did not exist in 7 days! As far as I am concerned, living social is the agent for this "vendor" and as such, should make a full refund. They have kept my $110, which is the last of my money they will EVER see. I am also filing formal complaints about this FRAUD to the Better Business Bureau and the NYS Attorney General's Office. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LIVING SOCIAL.COM!!!!!

sl181
12/1/13

Do not order from living social! I wish I read these reviews before I used them. I ordered 2 watches from them and they never arrived. I emailed living social and they told me to email the merchant. I did that and the merchant never replied. I emailed living social back and got no reply. You'd think that living social would be more helpful seeing as it reflects badly on them as well as the merchant. My housemate had the same issue with another product she ordered. They are a scam! Stay away!

williamc52
11/30/13

As I paged through the buying process I missed the place to enter the 25% off code BlackFriday.
I missed the fact that I accepted the confirmation page.
Now I am trying to get $170 back.
I filled out the form.
later in the day i received an email from LS Help asking if I used any of the coupons even though there was a box in the for for the refund.
Now I see that I can call 877 521 4191 but they close at 6 EST on weekends.
Even though I have used LS often for a few years, I have a bad feeling about this refund.
I wonder if I should be happy with the credit optin as it seems faster but after this I do not want to deal with LS at all...

donaldc19
11/29/13

Purchased a voucher to repair my phone on 9/22. Received an email on 9/30 from the company saying all appointments will need to be rescheduled and they will contact me starting 10/7. That's 8 days, 1 day outside of the refund window. I never received any communication from the repair company. I called 10/14 saying they'll have everything ready by 11/1. I called again 11/11 with no response.

I called LS today for a refund. They told me the owner's wife was in the ICU on 11/19 and that could be a reason for the lack of communication. The repair company is still honoring the voucher.... but I can't schedule anything to get my phone repaired. LS was unwilling to honor a refund because the voucher is still good. It's BS. Go Groupon!

natalier7
11/27/13

Honestly do NOT bother buying any vouchers off LivingSocial!!! Even if it looks like a good deal wait for it to come up on a decent website like Groupon or for you Kiwis Grabone. I do not usually write reviews but I am absolutely SHOCKED about the customer service I received!!! I could go into detail about my dealings with this company but that would make too long of a review. Let’s just say they will not refund you even though you should get one… they care more about the merchants but us as customers are the reason they are ALL in business!!!!!
Here’s a little run… I purchased two boxing vouchers which mentioned in the fine print and on top of the voucher that customers were entitled to 30 days of classes from their first visit however, Shane Cameron Fitness would not honour this because they said LivingSocial got it wrong but LivingSocial would not refund me. All I got was passed around and sent generic emails with the MOST bull$#*! excuses. Now I found this review page and wish I had read it ages ago! I have not understanding of why a company like this could still be in business!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharons38
11/25/13

Living Social Ripped Me Off ! Took my money for a " Service " . The contractor refused to perform the service and Living Social refused to return my money. Living Social is a scam. Do NOT use them. Be Warned , Steer Clear.

eunicew1
11/21/13

Living Social promotion of if your friend buys 3 tickets are yours is free is a LIE. It does not work even you used the provided link. When we called in they say there is nothing they can do and I don't believe that!

benjaminl23
11/19/13

Livingsocial.com is one of the worst ways to discover a new business I am finding based on a few experiences. The businesses you get a coupon for always hate on the customers when they use the deal that they offered. However, it should be the businesses time to show off what a great business they are, but instead fail miserably by hating on customers using coupons that they themselves offer up. If you don't like customers using them, don't offer them. Poor experiences with the businesses makes you not want to go back.

Also, they have fine print that is very misleading and conflicting. In one area it says that the "Paid Value Does Not Expire", however, they say in the Fine Print it says " voucher subject to forfeiture".

jamiew11
11/19/13

Just terrible customer service. They will repeatedly cut and paste generic responses to any emails. Good luck ever getting in touch on the phone.
They will not accept returns, no matter what the reason. Product arrived damaged or didn't arrive at all? Tough luck, you paid for it.

paulk60
11/18/13

I bought a voucher for a restaurant in toronto and planned to use it for my birthday..It expired Nov. 11th as per voucher...When I called on the 9th to make a reservation a tape kept coming on asking the customer to make the reservation..I wanted to talk to a real live person to indicate that I had a voucher as the small print in the voucher says I should do...I called on Sunday and continuously got the tape again and again...It turns out that the restaurant is closed every Sunday and Monday and has been so for a very long time...When I called LivingSocial and asked why they would make the expiration date on a day that the restaurant was closed, they told me that I had the voucher since July and should have known and furthermore even if the restaurant were open, there is no guarantee that there was availability..To which I said, 'fine and that would make it my fault', but that opportunity was not even given to me as the restaurant was closed for the two days that the voucher implies it to be open...Out of the 99 dollars that I paid they were prepared to give me a 30 dollar credit..They also said that it was the merchant's problem for not being open and they could do nothing about that...well yes they could..they could have made the expiration day two days earlier and I could live with that...

jayt25
11/14/13

Don't want to know once you've bought. My purchase was faulty and didn't work. Emailed LS. Told me to get in touch with merchant. Emailed merchant. Nothing. Emailed LS, said give them longer! Been over a week and nothing. Emailed LS again they said if nothing by 12th Nov get back in touch. Emailed LS on 12th still waiting for reply. Not going to hold my breath. Don't bother. No such problem with Wowcher, Groupon etc. STAY CLEAR!

justinb65
11/14/13

i am not sure why so many people complaining me personally i love livingsoical.com i always find great deals and prices last weekends i found some great prices for Broadway show %50 off regular price.

sandm1
11/13/13

Nov 13, 2013. Livingsocial.com has been offline for over 13 hours!!!! Cannot access voucher I have already PURCHASED !!!! The site says "momentary" back online "soon" . I called their customer service as I am scheduled to use a voucher for my kid TODAY., I am told even they cannot access my account due to website being down. She said they've online "soon". That was 5 hours ago!

Sounds like a security breach. Probably stolen credit card #'s and addresses.....

chrism106
11/12/13

I have a coupon for proplants from Living Social. I get a message that the redemption code is expired or invalid when I try to use it. I have emailed 2x to living social and they have not replied or refunded my account.

rebeccas24
11/10/13

I have used this site several times without issue. Until now. I bought a "racing experience" for Racingbox. It ended up being a scam. Living Social DID refund my money, but not until I called them on my way back from the race track. They offered me 10 living social bucks...I felt that 75 was appropriate for 5 hours of babysitting and a half tank of gas...but they wouldn't go above 35. They said they did notify me with an email, however my voucher was still available and my money was still gone until I gave them a phone call. The email itself must have gone to my junk box. When you have a customer that is out $350 because your business invested in a scam, you should make every effort to contact them ASAP! I will be sticking with Groupon from here on out.

Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber