US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.8888086676
domains@livingsocial.com

714 Reviews for LivingSocial

Review Highlights

I have been calling all day & the phone rings off the hook.

I bought an Amazon gift card and it was easy to use and a great discount.

If you are a business owner, be prepared to experience a loss per customer.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

2/22/14

I bought a cosmetic treatment for close to $300. I scheduled my appointment well ahead of the expiration date. The merchant informed me that she would not be able to complete the treatment successfully because I required several treatments beforehand to prepare the site. These treatments and healing would span several months and cost at least an additional $500. I did not want to invest the extra time and expense. I contacted Living Social and told them the merchant is not willing to honor the voucher as is. They told me they would investigate and contact the merchant. Shortly after they told me the merchant said she would honor the voucher, but I STRONGLY repeated she will not without conditions that are unacceptable to me. Then they relented a bit and offered me deal bucks. But I wanted my money refunded. Fortunately, I appealed to my credit card company and after looking at my documentation, the full amount was credited to my account. As a result of this experience, I would never use Living Social again and never recommend them. They were dishonest as far as I am concerned. I will stick with Groupon from now on.

2/18/14

I ordered a camera lens for my i phone (a $179 deal for $16). The site bounced me to a
site called "Z Shoppers". I put in my credit card #; they said they did not get it; I put it in again. I was emailed that I hadn;t used the discount code. A lie. Next day I checked my CC statement, and sure enough the $179 charge was on there plus a $4.99 shipping charge. I was able to get the $179 removed and the $4.99 remained. $16 was already sent to living social. Beware.

2/16/14

Ordered 3 pair of earbuds deal was told by living social 2 weeks for delivery...called after 2 weeks...was told to wait a little longer...3 weeks still no product...shady deal from a company only 1 month old should not have been offered.

2/6/14

I looked through the site and found a pair of tickets I may have been interested in and placed them in my cart. Then a window popped up asking me to update my credit card information. I entered in my card number, thinking that it was just for their records. Guess what! They charged my card $170 for the ticket without confirming the sale. I immediately called them and asked to have my card refunded since I didn't authorize the purchase. They basically told me to wait for an investigation (or until my charge went through), then they sent me an email stating that "it was out of their refund policy." I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE AGAIN. The people at Livingsocial.com are crooks.

2/3/14

This is a dishonest company in the way it sells, advertises, and supports its products. This weekend they advertised a "Valentine's Thames Cruise" which, one would assume, would take place on Valentine's Day. After inadvertently ordering the item, I checked out the fine print, and saw that the deal was available on every day BUT Valentine's Day! I emailed them within minutes of purchase, but they were closed. I called them promptly Monday morning and the operator told me they would refund the money. Then I received an email saying the fine print would not allow them to make ANY refund. I called to speak to a supervisor wand was put on hold for 20 minutes when I hung up. Do not trust this company!!!

1/30/14

I was a first time user of the site and ordered a wine cruise voucher. After the purchase, they sent me a message saying that they would refund the purchase if I were to get three more purchases from other people. So IU got a hold of some friends and got them to purchase six more vouchers. twice as many as required. One friend bought four vouchers and another bought two. Then when I asked for my refund, Living social told me that because only two separate purchases were made and not three, I would not get the refund. So if one of my friends had purchased 20 more vouchers it would not qualify??? They have to be purchased by three different email sources. What a Joke!! I unsubscribed and will never buy from them again. If you go to Glassdoor.com and read the Living social reviews you will see how bad this company is. The reviews are written by their own employees!!

1/26/14

I ordered touch screen gloves from Living Social in Early November a year ago for Christmas gifts. Was given a ship by date. Never got the gloves even tho I called both Living Social n the merchant many times. Was promised the merchandise numerous times from the merchant. Never got the gloves but they charged my credit card! Living Social was absolutely NO HELP. Basically said "Not our problem" and to contact the merchant. Have ordered from Groupon and had no problem at all. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from Living Social and use Groupon!

1/25/14

Horrible customer service. I purchased a voucher from them back in November and the merchant won't return calls or emails. So I can't use the voucher I paid $80 for. I contacted living social and they did nothing and refused to refund my money. I disputed transaction with credit card company. WILL NEVER USE LIVING SOCIAL AGAIN. I will stick to groupon and there fantastic customer service.

1/19/14

I purchased 3 sessions from a merchant on Living Social. This required me to call the merchant and schedule the sessions. Over a 2 month period, the merchant had ZERO availabilities. The first one was AFTER the promotional value expires on my deal. I contacted Living Social, who politely told me that they don't really care and that I should read the Promotion Expiration Policy. They gladly explained that I have 5 more years to enjoy the PAID VALUE on the deal. (i.e. No Deal at all!)

1/19/14

I bought an item from this site was sent a code but when I went to site to redeem it and pay postage it wouldn't accept. I got back to livingsocial who didn't help also got on to company and asked if I could have phone number to pay for postage they said it was up to living social I LOST THE MONEY I PAID swore I would never buy from this site again but guess what they advertised something I wanted and couldn't see it on any other site so bought and here I am same problem won't accept code.

1/9/14

Photo book voucher. Confusion in dates between Living Social and Photo book supplier. Needless to say I lost out. Had to pay more money to re-activate the voucher. Customer service at Living Social redefined the word "service" in the downwards direction. It was a whole lot of weasel-words and basically, "Go away, we are not going to help you". I can honestly say that with Living Social, it is a case "buyer beware".

STAY AWAY!!!

This company takes no accountability for the dodgy merchants it signs up for it's deals! Although the deals look great (and I will admit, some actually are great), they are usually start up companies, or companies struggling to make money (usually for a reason - they suck).

To give my own personal experience:
Purchased a voucher for a canvas print, claimed and ordered the item, after 2 months the item never showed. Couldn't get a response from the third party merchant, so went back to LivingSocial for advice. Instead of providing me a contact phone number, LivingSocial gave me the merchants Australian Business Number (ABN), which clearly they got from the website (it was the only number listed on the website).

LivingSocial failed to take any accountability for their dodgy merchant and told me that "as they had provided the voucher, they had fulfilled their part of the sale agreement". Visa disagreed and issued a reversal on LivingSocial so that I was able to receive a full refund.

Interestingly, almost a week after I received the chargeback, LivingSocial managed to "solve the issue" with the merchant and re-credited me also, DESPITE being told by me that I had solved the issue via my card issuer.

So now I'm left to deal with following up on my card holder dispute to give back the duplicated refund!

Overall, livingsocial are crap! Crap deals and even worse service! Just don't even bother, these reviews should be enough to show you WHY to avoid them!

1/3/14

I believe this company, Living Social, is a site front for gaining access to large amounts of cash for a period of time by pretending to be offering merchant deals. The merchant falls through and you get back only the cash you put in not any % of the deal you though you had bought.

It is a law that they have to hold your original funds for 5 years if not used in the voucher period. I had an experience where a vendor whose code did not work during the valid period would not honor the full amount of the voucher and demanded that I use the cash value amount within two months or loose it.

The amount of time you invest to get you $$$ back is astronomical. And they make every attempt to hold it for longer and longer.

1/3/14

I have had such a BAD experience with Living Social I will NEVER use it again. The site clearly deploys a bait and switch strategy. It has unclear instructions that led me to accidentally press the Buy Now button in order to find out the small print details of the deal and before I knew it, I had purchased the deal even though I had not intended to do so. I immediately called Living Social Customer Support and sent multiple email to let them know it was an accidental purchase but they still would not refund my money. Based on my experience, I would caution others to be CAREFUL about purchasing deals on this website.

12/28/13

I will NEVER buy from this site again! The quality of the earrings I bought was terrible and the dollar amount they claim the earrings were valued at was laughable. I feel I was scammed and will avoid this website from now on. Also, I tried to resolve the issue with their customer service and they clearly were NOT interested in helping me...they pushed me off to the manufacturer who never answered their phone and did not respond to my emails. AVOID!!

12/26/13

I would never EVER buy anything from Living Social again, I bought a Laser Hair Removal Device, and it is a glorified torch, I have wasted $200 and now they will not give me a refund as it is doesn't meet their refund policy as it was a store item and a final sale. BUYER BEWARE...... Check and double check their fine print.

12/24/13

I bought a deal on here and was very dissapointed with the quality. I looked at this site to read their customer service reviews before contacting LivingSocial about it, but almost didn't even want to after reading such negative reviews. I emailed them anyway and was told I could get 5 living social bucks as a way to show they were sorry for inconvenience (the deal I bought was $15). I was not satisfied with this so I called them...the lady was super nice, issued me a refund for the whole price back to my credit card AND let me keep the 5 living social bucks. I personally had a great experience with their customer service...maybe I just got lucky by having a nice lady answer the phone with the holiday spirit? Idk but either way, I feel like this company is fair and I have enough confidence in their customer service to continue being a customer.

12/18/13

Below details the horrible experience I have endured with this company! PLEASE DO NOT EVER PURCHASE THROUGH THEM.

Hi,

I purchased two of the Progredi sports cameras on the 20th November as a gift for my brother and his girlfriend for Christmas as they are going on a holiday on the 30th December.

Before placing my order I checked the fine print and all terms and conditions on the offer and NOWHERE did it stipulate that the items would be delayed. Furthermore, a week after ordering I emailed you asking when these would be dispatched and to provide an ETA. Your response was that the order would be delivered within 5-10 business days and you confirmed I should expect it by no later than the 3rd December.

When this did not arrive on the 3rd I sent another email asking for this to be addressed and for you to email me with a tracking number for my item. Surely, if you had guaranteed me delivery by the 3rd you would have known it was dispatched so this should not have been an issue. Your response from Andrew was "We will need to look into this a little further with the merchant or supplier directly. Do you give LivingSocial permission to pass your details on to the merchant if necessary?". I agreed for my details to be passed on and advised that I needed this looked into urgently as the delivery address this was being sent to was closing from the 20th December and these were Christmas gifts.

On the 9th December Andrew advised "I have raised a case with our products team to look into this with the supplier and our logistics department. This typically takes 3-5 working days, depending on the supplier and the number of issues raised regarding this item."

After 8 days I still had not received a response from you or the suppliers so I once again had to email you to ask for an update. I also phoned you company and spoke with Wes who put me on hold for 10 mins and when get got back on the phone told me the order would arrive on the 17th December. I spoke with Kylie this week who could only tell me that you were still awaiting a response.

I cannot understand why you cannot call your suppliers and find out what is happening and arrange for this to be express posted. I had provide you with ample notification that this order was required by a specific date that exceeded your quoted delivery time frame. Furthermore, no explanation has been provided to me as to WHY there is such a delay.

This is the second time this has happened to me when ordering from your company. I placed an order for a onesie in late May/early June and it was not delivered until the end of August after, once again, me having to contact you several times to chase it up.

Now there is one day left until the address this being shipped to is closed and Christmas is 3 business days away so the likely hood of me receiving these in time is none. I am left with out Christmas presents for two of my family members along with being down $160.

What will be the point in having these delivered sometime in 2014 when they are not required then. Christmas will be well and truly over along with their holiday in which they were to take these items.

I have emailed and called you so many times now that this is becoming ridiculous! I cannot get one bit of information out of you as how this situation can be rectified. The fact that I work in the customer service and logistical side of a company shows me how poor your company's customer service really is. Not once has anyone I have spoken to been helpful or provided me with answers. It is your duty to go above and beyond with your customers when there is an issue such as mine to ensure you retain their business and so that their bad experience does not taint others perception of your company.

I have also asked for a manager to call me to which no one will. I have now also via email requested for this order to be cancelled and refunded so that I can make other Christmas gift arrangements and your staff ignore both of these requests.

This issue has now been raised to the Fair Trade Ombudsmen and all emails have been forwarded on to this government department. You cannot advertise offers as "Great Christmas gifts for him", promise delivery within 5-10 business days of ordering and then fail to adhere to this.

The logistical side of your business is appalling but what is more disappointing is the terrible customer service you and your staff provide.

I will not ever be ordering through your site again and I will strongly encourage others to avoid doing any kind of business with you.

12/18/13

Living Social - stay away!

I received an event 'present' from a relative that had been bought with their hard earned money from the site. I was very disappointed with the non-delivery of the said package. Any attempt to engage Living Social customer service in meaningful dialogue ended in non-communication and further disappointment.

If you want to avoid mental termoil, then please avoid the site.

12/17/13

Tried to buy tickets to a hockey game, website claimed the prices were a 31% discount. I went to Tickemaster website and the prices are actually higher than the regular priced tickets however you can get a hockey puck for free. Ridiculous.

12/16/13

Purchased a Trip to Belize through living social- Due to US DEPT OF STATE Government Website. It was reported that Belize is the 6th Most dangerous Place in the world to visit- High Crime, Murder and even terrorist connections- I chose Not to go and requested a refund . Their customer service dept stated that they do not give refunds, and its the responsibility of the purchaser to do their own Due diligence on safety issues or concerns. I disagree! I feel if they are selling a product to the public - They should also do their own DUE DILIGENCE although my voucher to go to Belize is still good for 5 years- They should be required to have a link to The State Department or govermental agency to each place they are selling-

12/14/13

Ordered from them never got the goods. Paid by Paypal so they got my money back. SO PLEASE AVOID THEM

12/12/13

Purchased cardigan sweater not knowing there were no returns. Even though I purchased an xl it is the tiniest, flimsiest cardigan, a tshirt would be warmer. Cancelling my membership with livingsocial. Buyer beware!

12/11/13

I bought the headphones that came in the broken box and some wire is missing .One side of headphone doesn't work properly and when i made a call they told me ,that this is final sale and they can not help me even this headphones looks used -NOT NEW .I felt helpless and outwitted .I don't want my money back but i want new headphone . First and bad experience with LivingSocial buying goods.

12/10/13

I purchased two vouchers to spend on Pandora charms in the Watch Store in Belfast. Vouchers are valid until end of March 2014. What the deal failed to say was that the Watch Store are discontinuing their Pandora range. When I called to order two charms that I wanted they said that I could only choose from what is instore and they will not be getting new stock. The shop has only very old stock in store which is not suitable for genuine Pandora collectors. I called Living Social to ask for a refund but they refused saying that the deal said any charm in store. True but very misleading. I had to speak to a manager who was abrupt and said that I could gift the vouchers to others who could use them. Who wants old stock ???? He then said that he would credit five pounds to my Living Social account. No Point as I will never purchase from them again. I also had ordered an Android tablet for Christmas and then got an email saying that the company could not honour Christmas Delivery. I asked about this also and was advised that this is not Living Social's responsibility ! They sold me the deal !!!!! To cut a long story short AVOID AVOID AVOID !!

12/8/13

I purchased vouchers for carpet cleaning from Majestic cleaners. I immediately attempted to contact the merchants and received a response a month later. They will not clean my carpets unless I purchase other services which are quite expensive. Living social refuses to refund me my money, hence I am now almost £60.00 out of pocket. Avoid purchasing any majestic cleaners deals and living social deals at all costs. If you make a mistake or the merchant does not deliver, you will not get your money back.

12/8/13

Ive been a living social customer since September 2011 and bought at least 10 deals. I recently needed to ask for a refund for the San Diego Zoo Safari tickets that I bought since we moved further away from San Diego. Ive sent living social numerous emails and all I received were generic emails and they will give a refund nor give deal bucks. I was very disappoointed. Living social has a very bad customer service. I hope people stop buying from them since they dont care about their customers. I will insubscribe from their emails and delete their app from my phone. Stay away from livingsocial.com

12/7/13

HORRIBLE - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Obviously PAID for item (dress watch) and it's never arrived!! Over 4 months of attempting to contact these dogdy people with nothing more than a fob story email every now and then. Customer service is NON existent and they refuse to refund me my money saying "they can't do that" so have "resent" the item. Yeh right!!
DONT GO NEAR THEM!!

12/6/13

I bought a coupon for shari's berries which I loved prior to this experience as well. I spoke with sharii's berries at length explaining how living social took my money and turned it into what they call "deal bucks" and each segment of time, possibly weekly they deduct $1.oo from your account..so they do essentially steal your money.. I laugh they only got $12.00 and I believe in Karma... and really thought that Shari's Berries would be smart seeing that I am a customer would honor the cash I paid in the least.. I was off by one day, thought it expired the last day of the month and it expired the day prior! So shari's berries also denied any real help to me... I told them I never would've ever got involved except they have always been so reputable, etc They took no responsibility. In my opinion, as another reviewer said, the merchants are losing customers over this one! I have not ordered from living social, don't even look at what they offer, have deleted them from my computer and I have not ordered from shari's berries again either to date... I don't imagine I ever would, I feel I was not treated well by either of them. They are real beauties in this scam.... PLEASE KEEP YOUR MONEY! I cannot honestly recommend getting involved on any level with this business.

12/6/13

Merchants, RUN from this site. Do NOT run a deal with them. They are horrible to deal with, and it's all around just a nightmare. We are utterly horrified with how theyve treated our deal, and their complete lack of communication (takes at least 3 emails to get a reply), and when they do finally address our concerns it's a complete brush off. Very very disappointing. Groupon and Wagjag treat their merchants much, much better.

12/5/13

Scam..I can’t believe they can blatantly steal money.
I bought a month gym membership from them, which expired in 6 months, when I went to call to make an appointment no one from the gym ever answered the phone or returned my phone calls. So I asked Livingsocial for a refund and they refused saying if I wanted a refund I had to ask within a week of buying the deal (which makes no sense since I had 6 months to use it), and that the gym responds to them so they are still in business.
Wow great customer service Livingsocial…

12/5/13

I would give Living Social NEGATIVE stars if I could. Their customer service is horrible. I purchased a voucher from Living Social for a laser procedure. When I found out the procedure was unsafe to perform prior to the expiration date, I contacted Living Social within the appropriate time frame. My emails were ignored so I sent another request. They responded after the allotted time for a refund to tell me I didn't qualify for a refund OR credit. After calling several times the end results were the same! Living Social refused to work with me. They didn't care that the voucher couldn't be used because of safety reasons. I would NOT recommend doing business with Living Social. At least Groupon works with customers and offers credit for unused services. Living Social is just ripping people off. STAY AWAY FROM BUSINESS!!! Customer service will conveniently hang up on you instead of working with customers.

12/3/13

I would rate living social as zero stars, but one is the worst I can do. I paid $110 for 3 two hour house cleaning services from Unique Home Cleaning during the summer of 2013. They certainly are unique because they don't exist. Despite repeated calls to schedule my service, I never got to speak with anyone. Thinking that they were simply getting a great response, I kept trying for a week, then 2, then 3 until I finally got a recording saying that the number I was dialing was a non-working number! I immediately contacted living social, certain that they would stand by their vendor and refund my money, but was shocked when they refused. They have a 7 day refund policy, which is ridiculous; I could never have realized that this vendor did not exist in 7 days! As far as I am concerned, living social is the agent for this "vendor" and as such, should make a full refund. They have kept my $110, which is the last of my money they will EVER see. I am also filing formal complaints about this FRAUD to the Better Business Bureau and the NYS Attorney General's Office. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LIVING SOCIAL.COM!!!!!

12/2/13

A Nightmare experience - Endlessly frustrating simply "awful company" to deal with - Reguires endless forms to be filled out -Suddenly my bill for 20 Euro for a shower speaker suddenly became 207 Euro . After frantic calls to my credit card company - I managed to reduce it to the correct amount -then I was charged separately for postage incurring double credit card fees -The system is designed to frustrate and create anxiety for the unfortunate consumer - Why is this rip off allowed to continue with the support of the Credit Card Companys and Pay Pal who have a DUTY OF CARE to protect us "consumers" -Shame on you all .

12/1/13

Do not order from living social! I wish I read these reviews before I used them. I ordered 2 watches from them and they never arrived. I emailed living social and they told me to email the merchant. I did that and the merchant never replied. I emailed living social back and got no reply. You'd think that living social would be more helpful seeing as it reflects badly on them as well as the merchant. My housemate had the same issue with another product she ordered. They are a scam! Stay away!

12/1/13

I have ever bought a voucher for horse riding from LivingSocial representative, $99 for 4 half days activity. They confirmed the deal by sending email to me and charged my money. But when I called them after one week for exact date for activities. i was shocken by their explaining that they had never such activity for that voucher at all. Then I asked why they still sold the voucher now that impossible to provide any activity. The supervisor of LivingSocial told me that it usually happened in this company. I then asked refund money. They refused my request and told me that they only refund money to within one week, otherwise they will transfer the money to into an livingsocial account they set up without my agreement. I argued that I had no intention to cancel the deal, this is your problem without activity for the voucher and didn't inform me within one week after I brought it. They assertively put my money to one livingsocial account. I then further asked them to refund my money back first and close the account. They just simply closed my account and blatantly ate my money. I asked them why you closed the account but not refund me money? They said they closed my account according to my request. Oh, my GOD, how ridiculous was what they did for me!!! How possible my money just walked around within LivingSocial companys and disappeared just like a ghost?!!!!!

11/30/13

As I paged through the buying process I missed the place to enter the 25% off code BlackFriday.
I missed the fact that I accepted the confirmation page.
Now I am trying to get $170 back.
I filled out the form.
later in the day i received an email from LS Help asking if I used any of the coupons even though there was a box in the for for the refund.
Now I see that I can call 877 521 4191 but they close at 6 EST on weekends.
Even though I have used LS often for a few years, I have a bad feeling about this refund.
I wonder if I should be happy with the credit optin as it seems faster but after this I do not want to deal with LS at all...

11/27/13

Honestly do NOT bother buying any vouchers off LivingSocial!!! Even if it looks like a good deal wait for it to come up on a decent website like Groupon or for you Kiwis Grabone. I do not usually write reviews but I am absolutely SHOCKED about the customer service I received!!! I could go into detail about my dealings with this company but that would make too long of a review. Let’s just say they will not refund you even though you should get one… they care more about the merchants but us as customers are the reason they are ALL in business!!!!!
Here’s a little run… I purchased two boxing vouchers which mentioned in the fine print and on top of the voucher that customers were entitled to 30 days of classes from their first visit however, Shane Cameron Fitness would not honour this because they said LivingSocial got it wrong but LivingSocial would not refund me. All I got was passed around and sent generic emails with the MOST bull$#*! excuses. Now I found this review page and wish I had read it ages ago! I have not understanding of why a company like this could still be in business!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/25/13

Living Social Ripped Me Off ! Took my money for a " Service " . The contractor refused to perform the service and Living Social refused to return my money. Living Social is a scam. Do NOT use them. Be Warned , Steer Clear.

11/21/13

Living Social promotion of if your friend buys 3 tickets are yours is free is a LIE. It does not work even you used the provided link. When we called in they say there is nothing they can do and I don't believe that!

11/20/13

As a consumer. I purchased a deal off of LivingSocial only to find out that the company running the deal had absolutely no Customer Service. I then wanted to run a deal with LivingSocial for services I have seen advertised by other companies and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your interest in featuring your business on LivingSocial! We are always looking for great partners. LivingSocial loves locally owned businesses, and we want to make sure that we help our business partners grow their customer base and enhance their online reputation. While we can’t support your business with a promotion right now, our subscriber base is constantly changing, and as soon as we think we have the right opportunity for you, we’ll let you know! Thanks again for contacting us, and we hope we can work with you in the future.
Socially yours,
LivingSocial

In addition, not only did I not get an answer as to why I could not run my deal, I was unable to get in touch with anyone who could explain this to me. I was told to try again in a few month. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?? I guess birds of the "No Customer Service" feather, flock together!!

11/18/13

I bought a voucher for a restaurant in toronto and planned to use it for my birthday..It expired Nov. 11th as per voucher...When I called on the 9th to make a reservation a tape kept coming on asking the customer to make the reservation..I wanted to talk to a real live person to indicate that I had a voucher as the small print in the voucher says I should do...I called on Sunday and continuously got the tape again and again...It turns out that the restaurant is closed every Sunday and Monday and has been so for a very long time...When I called LivingSocial and asked why they would make the expiration date on a day that the restaurant was closed, they told me that I had the voucher since July and should have known and furthermore even if the restaurant were open, there is no guarantee that there was availability..To which I said, 'fine and that would make it my fault', but that opportunity was not even given to me as the restaurant was closed for the two days that the voucher implies it to be open...Out of the 99 dollars that I paid they were prepared to give me a 30 dollar credit..They also said that it was the merchant's problem for not being open and they could do nothing about that...well yes they could..they could have made the expiration day two days earlier and I could live with that...

11/14/13

i am not sure why so many people complaining me personally i love livingsoical.com i always find great deals and prices last weekends i found some great prices for Broadway show %50 off regular price.

11/13/13

Nov 13, 2013. Livingsocial.com has been offline for over 13 hours!!!! Cannot access voucher I have already PURCHASED !!!! The site says "momentary" back online "soon" . I called their customer service as I am scheduled to use a voucher for my kid TODAY., I am told even they cannot access my account due to website being down. She said they've online "soon". That was 5 hours ago!

Sounds like a security breach. Probably stolen credit card #'s and addresses.....

11/12/13

I have a coupon for proplants from Living Social. I get a message that the redemption code is expired or invalid when I try to use it. I have emailed 2x to living social and they have not replied or refunded my account.

11/10/13

I have used this site several times without issue. Until now. I bought a "racing experience" for Racingbox. It ended up being a scam. Living Social DID refund my money, but not until I called them on my way back from the race track. They offered me 10 living social bucks...I felt that 75 was appropriate for 5 hours of babysitting and a half tank of gas...but they wouldn't go above 35. They said they did notify me with an email, however my voucher was still available and my money was still gone until I gave them a phone call. The email itself must have gone to my junk box. When you have a customer that is out $350 because your business invested in a scam, you should make every effort to contact them ASAP! I will be sticking with Groupon from here on out.

11/7/13

If there were a lower category (such as NO STAR), that would be my choice. Living Social cannot be trusted to ensure customer satisfaction. Customer Service is a misnomer - should be called Customer Abandonment. I have bought through Groupon, Restaurant.com, eBay and others... excellent experience with those. Living Social -pure hell. Back and forth - the vendor says go to LS to get resolved; LS says to deal with the vendor. I cancelled an item before shipment. No response from vendor. The item was sent anyway. I demanded my money back - no such luck, they just ignore you. Don't want to bore with the details. Suffice to say - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILE OF YOU KNOW WHAT. They make money off the customer's back

11/3/13

Purchased Nifty Spots. Had trouble processing coupon. Color received was different from ordered. Then they tacked on shipping charges that were not mentioned or included in the ad. When I contacted Living Social they said they would pass the news on - no effort on their part at all to help. Now Living Social doesn't even send emails here any more. Guess they didn't like the remarks I left about questioning why wouldn't they help me. .

10/31/13

I have been buying deals from Living Social since they first came out. I have had very few problems with businesses honoring the deals, and if I do, Living Social has given me a refund or Living Social deal bucks to use on a future purchase. All purchases of goods from businesses have also carried Living Social's backing. I have been able to return items that did not meet up to the quality standards I expected. Because of Living Socials deals I have been able to try things I never would have in any other situation. Hang gliding was the most exciting deal I bought, along with my 80 year old mother and two of my sisters, because of the great bargain we got. It is important that anyone buying a voucher read the fine print. You need to be aware of any rules that apply to the deal you are purchasing. I recommend Living Social wholeheartedly!

10/28/13

They have lots of problems.
Be careful!
1. They charged me twice with some error message. They will not refund after 7 days even though it is their error. There is no confirmation button or page to review or check what you buy what so ever.

2. They don't have review about product. Be careful! They don't care to sell scam product.
I bought something cost around $60 and it said original price is $300. But actual market price is $60 not $300. They lie about original price. It is complaining about vendor. but LivingSocial need to be responsible if vendors have issue.

The Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber