US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephl1

I tried to contact the customer service number that the sales rep provided. (in 217 reviews)

amyo

for those friends to purchase the deal - I was still charged. (in 381 reviews)

leeb6

Be careful --they store your credit card information!!! (in 70 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

addiem30
12/21/14

As a merchant who chose to launch a deal for my company through living social, it is now my turn to write a review on their company.

I am more frustrated with this company than imaginable. I launched a few deals with them. The first time we launched, it was great. We received a lot of repeat business, and as a new company, it definitely left an imprint in our community.

The second time around- they changed the way they ran things, and our company ended up suffering.
For 45 days- a month and a half- they held on to our payments- thousands of dollars. When we were negotiating the initial contract, I noticed some discrepancies, and immediately brought it to their attention. I got a bunch of thank yous, and "we will run this by our accounting team" and an entire run around- that made me feel extremely uneasy. I followed up daily.. weekly.. then monthly. Hours I spent on the phone, talking to this person, talking to that person. Emailing "supervisors", asking for a return phone call. I always got promised that I would be contacted with a follow up and that as soon as they fixed the mistake, we would be taken care of. I was promised several dates in which we would receive our payments, and those dates would come and pass, and still nothing was direct deposited into our account. I tried my best to take care of it before it became in issue- and it didn't matter. They didn't pay us !
Mutual customers, would call and schedule an appointment. I would drive to the appointment to complete the service myself, or send an employee. And no one would let us in, or answer our phone calls. When I would redeem their voucher and call living social to let them know the client didn't honor our 48 hour cancellation requirement, they would say "no problem, we will take care of it on our end". Come to find out- I was being charged the clients credit processing fee! This wasn't just on one occasion- this was on several!
We had negotiated the terms and conditions. We service a 20 mile radius of the town in which we do business. People that lived 30, 40,50 and even 70 MILES FROM US were calling to schedule appointments. I would apologize and let them know they could call living social and receive a refund, and let them know they were out of radius. Not only did I get poor online reviews and told that I was an awful customer service rep (I am the owner by the way) but I also lost money because I was paying their credit card processing fees. Unbelievable! I would call living social, multiple, multiple, MULTIPLE times, and ask for a way they could resolve the issue of clients mistakenly buying our voucher out of zone- and although I was told they fixed the issue, it continuously happened. CONTINUOUSLY.
Our only negative reviews on yelp and google are from living social consumers, that I now believe are completely misguided from living social. I closed my account with living social and told them they can invoice me, but that I refuse any future business with them. Not that I want to add stress to the people who have unfortunately purchased vouchers, but because I cannot wait for the day I no longer have to deal with this stress. So many times clients have called and said, "I can only get a credit toward something else, but I don't want something else", or that "living social won't refund me because it's past the 90 days". I think that's ridiculous. It's not fair. Some of these vouchers are gifts that consumers have bought, and maybe it took a few months for these consumers to receive the voucher. Now that I am no longer doing business with you, you're going to hold onto their money? Unbelievable!
I had a woman who had bought the voucher and left the country for a couple months. She came back this week and tried to book with me. I informed her that I had closed my account and we no longer accept living social vouchers. I asked her to please contact living social for a refund, and if she wished to hear of my promotions and rates, I would be pleased to send them to her. I apologized for any inconvenience and let her know I would be excited to extend my services. She misunderstood and thought I was asking her for more money! Living social is making MY COMPANY look like a scam! It's not fair! This is not what I signed up for. In all honesty, living social has made my life a living hell. And my company means everything to me. The worst part about my review, is this is only a SCIMMING inkling of every amount of stress I've gone through. I could complain for days!

Tip for consumers: call the company in which you think you might want to purchase a voucher from, BEFORE purchasing the voucher. Make sure you understand all the terms before purchasing that voucher. You may not be aware of restrictions or fees- and it would benefit you GREATLY to call the company and ask all the right questions, before screwing yourself. Who knows- the company might have a better deal or promotion for you- i know for my company, you don't pay for the service until the service is completed, so the

jenniferm97
12/19/14

I've had good customer service with LivingSocial itself, but the stores/salons don't always live up to their end of the bargain. Typically I do feel like if I get a "deal" and have a coupon I get treated as less of a customer than a full-paying customer.

charless79
12/19/14

I have made many things through Living Social and even when their merchant didn't come through, Living Social has always made it right for me. I think their customer service is as good as Amazon (as good as it gets)!

jena20
12/12/14

I order a product from them based solely on the fact that it said it would arrive within 10 business days. There was a better quality version I wanted from another site but that was outside of the United states and couldn't guarentee anything less than a month to ship. Never received a confirmation of shipping within that ten days. Can not email them (I would imagine because they'd be overrun with complaints) and calling them took THREE DAYS to get an answer which wound up being too bad it'll get there when it gets there. Now waiting to receive something I can no longer use.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

kerrys18
12/12/14

EcoAir is a complete scam!! Do not buy a living social coupon from them. They barely cleaned the air vents and the entire time they were at my house they pressured me to buy other services. I said no several times and they wouldn't leave me alone. They pretended to call their manager to get a better price for the other services even though I said I was not paying for anything else. When I questioned if they cleaned all the air ducts they gave me an attitude and said they were done. Complete waste of money. Then when I called to complain to the manager they said he wasn't available. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

binnyk
12/10/14

this is one of the worse online shopping site
will never ever recommend anyone
ordered 2 months back still have not received my order ....
no replies to email
such a fake site .........

Tip for consumers: dont ever make mistake to buy anything from this site plz

lisah96
12/9/14

Nightmare for customer service. I had requested a refund which had been agreed but nothing received (since October)! Trying to contact them is a waste of time as you are hanging on the telephone and no easy way of contacting them online (they make it very difficult). Will not be buying from them again.

Tip for consumers: If you request a refund bear in mind that you will have to obtain postage and packaging back separately from the seller! (in the small print)

engineers
12/8/14

One of the worse online buying experiences ever. Only had to purchase two defective cheap solar lights to realize the rude, non existent customer service. They sell cheap junk at a very high price. There suggested retail prices shown are absolutely false and very misleading. If there was a "no star" rating, this company deserves it. There are too many internet companies that provide outstanding products and service to have to deal with this outfit.

mayab1
12/7/14

My favourite company.
Always had great experience. Recently my husband and I bought a coupon for Mexican restaurant in Toronto on Murten Street. What a great experience!
I will alway use Living Social .

rl32
11/19/14

I bought a $129 end of lease voucher from Imaculate Bright Cleaning Service on Monday. I was very pleased that the lady on the phone could fit my cleaning job in during that same week. Although the appointment was an hour later than organised she rang to say her people were held up. Sam the man who did the job was very curtious explained what was agreed on and how long it would take. I was very impressed with the work that was done and have no reserations in commending this business on its service.

olgat5
11/15/14

Got upper and lower eyeliner done today by Hiyan Bitar, the owner of DermaCouture Permanent Cosmetics.
I was SO happy with the result that I've decided to get the brows done as well.
As per my wonderful experience, Hiyan is an exceptional professional dedicated to the customer. Precise application - even though my case was anything but easy.
Of course I spent substantially more than $99 that I paid for LivingSocial coupon (as I was not going to settle on a basic liner - upper or lower - with no "extras"), but considering the quality of service and the amount of time dedicated (entire workday for one customer in my case), I would say the pricing is VERY reasonable.
Thinking about the lip liner or perhaps full lips for the next time, and looking forward to my extra 20 minutes of sleep every morning!

craigm51
11/11/14

Tried contacting the vendor (PinkZebra Designs) via email, phone, text with no luck. Took my $100 and had a great time i guess.
Also all contact that was successfully made to Living Social just simply appears to be a delay/go away tactic.
REPORT to Fair Trading and lets stop the thousands of innocent people getting ripped off and filling these degenerates pockets with cash

Tip for consumers: Just don't buy ANYTHING from Living Social......EVER

suet17
11/6/14

To all who have had a bad experience with Living Social: Place a complaint with the better business bureau and the attorney general of your state. If each person who has a bad experience writes, it gets noticed and they will investigate.

I ordered and paid for a 30" chain, but received a 24" chain. Tried to call the phone number on their website, but a recording comes on and instructs you to write via their website. Only two options are given: 1. return the product and they will refund all but $7.99 for restocking (remember this is their error) 2. receive Living social bucks . wording at the bottom stated: " At this time we are not able to offer exchanges or replacements for Living Social Products".

Very poorly run company: my advice: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL. Their products are inferior quality and their customer service is very poor.

janied1
11/4/14

ZERO Stars if this site would allow that! Such a pity that SiteJabber forces one to give at least one star!!

LivingSocial is AWFUL! They have POOR customer service! I NEVER signed up for their emails but somehow they've gotten hold of my email address and have begun emailing me, and for several months now! ACK! I don't want their emails! They NEVER even emailed first to ask permission to add my email to their mailing lists!! I tried to unsubscribe via the most recent email by clicking on unsubscribe, but it did not allow that feature, instead directing me to either "sign into facebook (I don't 'do' facebook...) or to sign into "my account" (so-called, I don't have an account) with them, OR to create an account with them so I can delete it! WHAAAAAT?!!! I tried to email them but their site is designed to go only so far until you get to the last set of "pick one" subject pertaining to your issue, and doesn't matter which one you select, they ALL take you to pre-empted responses to resolve ordering issues but none to unsubscribe! Clever b4Stards this site thinks it is, but NOT - they are intentionally alienating people! It makes no sense! t is no wonder they are such a hurting business. I think they are desperatly on their last leg and, you know what? I DON'T SHIVE A GIT NOW! I despise these gormless bollocks! Just try talking with anyone of their employees just to do something as simple as unsubscribe. WOW, they will leave raise your blood pressure and leave your head spinning all while you wish you were face to face so that you could beat them with the crazy stick! They are just like that commercial where the cable company won't let you cancel your services even when you don't have an account or a contract!! WOW, such arrogant, narcissistic pile of no-good, good for nothing arsehats! I will ROTFLMAS when I read about the demise of THEIR company!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from these people unless you enjoy having headaches and feelings of wanting to attack them.

deniseb30
10/28/14

Living Social are Rip Off Merchants!

I bought a 1 day dressmaking course ( http://www.thelondonsewingroom.co.uk)- the course was just a joke ran by a shoddy organisation. The instructor was unskilled, taught ridiculous techniques, the premises dire - an absolute waste of money and time. There were 3 of us attending the course and were in all agreement of this when we left!

When i complained to LS, they simply said thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you have had a poor experience please take this up with the merchant. I contacted the sewing room and just received petty, abusive and childish emails. When I contacted LS again their response was to say sorry we cannot give you a refund as you have used the voucher, well yes that's true but how else could i find out that the course was awful!

LESSON LEARNED - Will never use Living Social Deals again!

Tip for consumers: DON'T TOUCH EITHER LIVING SOCIAL DEALS OR THE LONDON SEWING ROOM (http://www.thelondonsewingroom.co.uk) WITH A BARGE POLE - THEY ARE BOTH COWBOY OUTFITS!

charlesr28
10/27/14

We purchased a Living Social cycling vacation with Battaglin Tours and it was farmed out to Ferritti Sports. Not at all what was promised . Living Social feels no responsibility to the switch. This was travel fraud . Living Social knows and feels no responsibility.
Just be aware that if you purchase a trip it just may not be with the company you sign on with.

Tip for consumers: Don't

freedomh
10/23/14

Bought two bracelets, Living Social reassured me after two weeks when I still had not received the bracelets to give Balla Bracelets a bit more time even after I pointed out that it was in direct opposition to their written policy and the previous phone calls I had already placed. 8 weeks later still no bracelet, they agreed to give me Living Social bucks which are worthless because i don't trust their merchants and they don't represent anything in my area. The closest thing is 260 miles away. I am out $50 and have nothing to show for it. They are awful and should be avoided at all costs. It was an expensive lesson but lesson learned. Living Social is awful, doesn't stand behind the offers and will give you the run around at any given opportunity.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Just move on because the hassle and frustration that you will pay for isn't worth it.

sharonj18
10/22/14

Living Social has burned me for the last time!! Deceptive and ridiculous practices to lure you into the purchase and then once you've purchased…….. bada-bing…. they hit you with all the details that would have dissuaded you from purchasing in the first place! I purchased a NASCAR DRIVING EXPERIENCE for my hubby and when I went online to redeem, surprise surprise…. I could only book during May, July and August. But wait, that's not the bad part…. there are only two days in each MONTH you can book….. Friday or Saturday AND within those two days only FOUR time slots 8, 10, 12 & 2. Still not the worst part……The voucher user can only book the 8am time slot! In essence, I could choose 8 am for two days in each month! WHERE, I SAY WHERE, DID IT STATE THAT IN THE DEAL DETAILS??? NOWHERE!!! I went online to try to redeem and come to find out Voucher purchasers can't book online anyway because of the restrictive time slots. Why don't they tell you those things????

josephs85
10/13/14

I will never buy any coupon from livingsocial. I had a very bad experience with Detail City in Pontiac, Michigan. They had me dropped my car 10am. By 3pm when I checked with them it was not even started to wash it. The business owner was rude and unprofessional. He used foul languages toward me.

Tip for consumers: It is not worth for what we think is a saving by buying the deals. Stay away from living social.

carolyne9
10/9/14

Bought a tablet for £39 which I paid to Living Social. I paid £9.99 to the vendor for delivery. I emailed on a daily basis after two weeks had passed.
I was told it had been dispatched three times.
Living Social said the voucher had expired and they couldn't refund.
Absolute fraudsters. It is almost two months and no item or refund. They should not be allowed to trade

Tip for consumers: Steer well clear of Living Social I wish I had

klarav
10/6/14

Beware! Once they got your money - forget about it. Yeah, yeah - disclaimers etc.
But is it ridiculous to expect your money back, if the merchant have not provided what is promised?
That is what happened to me: I have purchased a gift certificate for my spouse. He contacted the merchant, who didn't answer the phone for days, then booked event, then cancelled it, booked another date, promising to call and never did.
I bought it to please my husband, and he was not pleased anymore.
I called LivingSocial for help, which they promised, but never did. Then wrote a letter asking for refund - well... read the first line.
Will never use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Find another one

dianen5
10/4/14

MERCHANTS BEWARE AND CUSTOMERS PLEASE READ.
How this works. Merchants discount their products or services by 50%. So you pay 50.00 for a 100.00 item or service.
The merchant gets half, that is 25.00. Then fees get taken out so the merchant is left with 15.00 to 20.00.
As a merchant I want to say, all start out giving the same excellent service but after getting one cheap client after another who do not tip, show up late, do not return at full price the merchants get over it and do not want these kind of clients.
Unfortunately most coupon buyers are bargain hunters and they look for next cheap deal so the merchants get screwed doing business for no money.
I read all reviews and most complain about the merchant and that is not fair. Most couponers do not tip and do not return. It is ALWAYS at a loss to the small business.. THEY DID IT FOR REPEAT BUSINESS AS PROMISED BY LS. Yet that never happens.
The merchant feels rip-offed and the customer feels ripped off because people are not aware of what LS does. LS gets all the money and customers complain about the merchants, and that is why you have so many merchants who do not want you in their businesses again. There are many who have gone out of business because of these deals.
TIP- If you want to get a good deal, call the business direct and ask.. Most would rather give you half off or some kind of discount and get all the money than get 25% that they get through LS. Consumers need to wise up !

ingrida1
10/3/14

I purchase a set of sheets from living social they delivered it to a different address and will not refund me my money I did not receive my item :{ Living Social sucks :{

mariettag1
10/2/14

Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The customer service rep, Loretta told me that they would take my issue to the Oprah rep at Living Social and resolve it so everyone got an equal refund. They stated an answer would be provided in 24 hrs. I received a call back 4 days later telling me to call Living Social. I did and was told I would be issued $100 in Living Social bucks for future deals, no refunds...this is false advertising and blatantly unfair since I know people at the event received refunds. Do not throw your money away using Living Social. You will not get what you paid for and they do not care about customer service. I am posting this on the Oprah web site and complaining to the BBB. Ridiculous and basically theft of services.

Tip for consumers: Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The custom

disappontedcustomerc
9/30/14

I recently bought a coupon from living social. The coupon price was asked from the living social itself and delivery charges to the respective company, www.GroundLevel.co.uk. I'm always afraid of spending online, and as expected, never received my product nor the refund and nobody answers the phone or email on both sides. beware!

Tip for consumers: SCAM and BULL****

lamberts12
9/28/14

This company was ok at first but now it has allowed some junkies from all over the world I mean Chinese mostly they will sell item on here indicating that it ships from somewhere in US as soon as they get your money you will see that item no longer exist and marked redeemed by you.
This has happened to me twice no more I ain't gonna buy from them again forever.
Unless if a pig will fly in my presence then I will buy using LIVING SOCIAL.
scam.

Tip for consumers: Well dear friend if you are buying using LIVING SOCIAL make sure you know the seller or do not waste your time at all if you think you got a deal try visiting couple websites to check the item you are looking for.if you can not find it on our well known online retailers
Be ware if some do say free returns how can you return something that shipped from Northern China or Hong Kong? And the cost of shipping is more than the item price??
Rethink before You Buy.

suej16
9/23/14

How do they get away with it? We have consumer rights and trading standards yet this website can screw and swindle people blatantly.I purchased a deal for a meal at an Indian Restaurant yet when I clickef My Vouchers Id apparently used it! Ive emailed their customer service team twice and waiting for a reply.My voucher conveniently runs out Sept28.Dont let them swindle you keep away!

Tip for consumers: Try Groupon

beckym5
9/19/14

I recently purchased a coupon from Living Social to buy a Bamboo pillow from Zenbedrooms. What a disaster! The pillow was $34.00 plus shipping of $9.99 (Zenbedrooms charged my card $13.63). I've seen them for as much as $99, so I thought it was a good buy. The pillow took about 3 weeks to get to me. When I got it, it wasn't anything like the picture on their website. It was completely flat and hard. My son has them so I know what they should feel and look like. First I couldn't find a help desk number on the website, so I emailed them. finally they answered after my second email and told me how to ship it back (even though the website says there is a help desk to call and they will talk you through it.) It cost me $8.99 to ship it back. Zenbedrooms now says that I have to get my refund from Living Social because the voucher was never cashed. Living Social doesn't give cash refunds, they credited my Living Social account for future purchases. I've never used Living Social before and probably won't ever again. I'm out $56.62 and still don't have a pillow.

brittanys17
8/29/14

My boyfriend helped me purchase a deal on livingsocial. We waited for weeks and we never even received a shipping confirmation but the transaction went through on Paypal. We were busy so we didn't have the time to contact them, but when we finally did, they replied saying that they would send us a redemption code or a follow-up email but they never did.

Basically they took our money and didn't even bother to offer a refund. We don't want a redemption code for WHEN and IF the deal comes back on. We will no longer be purchasing any deals on this site. WHAT A SCAM.

iw29
8/27/14

Living Social is a scam... it shows from what I experienced with the Air Duct cleaning services. The fine print covers hardly anything and the hidden charges are very costly. If I hired a local company, I could have done it with some reasonable price. Finally, I did not use their service and wasted my time. Never want to use any deals with LS again. LS refund policy is complex. Unhappy customer.

deborahm19
8/16/14

I have ordered 3 products. 336 Finish Dishwasher tablets. A Clever Cover for the clothesline and a Babybliss Pro 2 Volare hairdryer (salon quality). I received each item within the time frames they advertised and am very happy with my purchases.
One minor problem was that they send a Shipping Confirmation when they have sent an item. I got the Shipping Confirmation for the first item received last. So initially I was expecting the Clever Cover to arrive first because I'd had confirmation of it being sent, but I received the dishwasher tablets first with no confirmation which finally came last. So apart from a bit of confusion all turned out well .
I have ordered a product today and which offered two different size options. I adjusted my choice to the bigger size and my hair type but when I pressed order now it defaulted back to the smaller size offer. I rang them and the lady said they would get back to me within 5 days to see if they can change the order to the other offer. We will see what happens!

kims67
8/13/14

This has never happened with Groupon. We will never trust Living Social again. We purchased a $79 window cleaning coupon from Luminous Shine, and were unable to schedule the cleaning throughout the promotional period. Luminous Shine phone lines were forwarded to a voicemail that acknowledged they were unable to answer and directed "living social coupon purchasers" to a second phone number at which the voice mail box was constantly full. The only time it was possible to reach Luminous Shine was after the Promotional deadline for the deal was past. At that point, Luminous Shine was unwilling to honor the promotional price but willing to apply the coupon price paid toward a window cleaning that was several hundred dollars more. This was an obvious scam and Living Social is now unwilling to refund the $79 we paid. Instead, Living Social offered us $15 toward a future Living Social deal....NEVER AGAIN. Beware of deals that look too good, the company's that offer them, and Living Social, who is willing to represent those companies.

khalids1
8/13/14

They are $#*!ing bastard cheating people,my voucher did not come and when I contacted them they said the voucher expired and they refused to give me refund, I don't know how on earth such web site go unnoticed cheating people, they are not bothered about their one star rating, they are all fraudster and cheaters, not honest at all.

kathyg23
8/9/14

Just got off the phone with someone who said his name was Isa Gani. He refused to refund money to me that was overcharged on my credit card bill because I had already redeemed the coupon! I had inquired with the service provider why my voucher was for $349.00 when I had agreed to pay $296.00 and he said that since the discount was from LivingSocial, they had to make the voucher for the amount that his firm's agreement was with LivingSocial which was $349.00. Made sense to me, so I went on my way...when I received my credit card bill it was for the $349.00 and not the $296.00. Called as soon as I received my credit card bill and was told they would not refund the money. On top of that, I asked to speak with someone higher up on the food chain, and he refused saying he would take total responsibility for LivingSocial and their refusal to refund any money to me. I agree with other complainants, Groupon is super understanding whenever there is a problem with any of their programs. They are quick to make amends things right with any of their customers. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am going to refute the charges to my credit card company because companies that do business like this should be held accountable for their actions!!!

pault46
8/1/14

I purchased a shoe rack through Living Social from the company - Ez Innovations as a present for my wife. The product proved to be totally unfit for purpose. I contacted both organisations seeking a refund. Ez Innovations replied promising to get back to me. I assume this was an automated response. Living Social have refused to offer a refund or provide any assistance in resolving this issue.
I would advise anybody to be extremely careful when dealing with this organisation as they obviously do not vet the services or providers they have on their site. This could leave a person exposed to very dubious operators using this platform to move their inferior, defective and shoddy goods and services. Living Social strike me as a mercenary organisation with no regard for the customers using their service.

rays46
7/28/14

My wife and I on separate occasions have had the same issue with Living Social. We decided to make a purchase and the purchase price on our bank statement is different than the price that was displayed and listed on the website. We've tried contacting Living Social by phone and email but with no success. Even though the difference in price was a total of $20.00, it needs to be addressed directly by Living Social.

jimp46
7/23/14

They took my money and ran, no one can do anything about it, not my bank, not BBB. I would actually have to fly to Seattle from Chicago to take them to small claims court. Not worth my $127.

frankb58
7/21/14

I booked a 3 day vacation at Legacy Resort in Kissimmee Florida with Living Social. They obviously do not check out their deals. Noisy people, rooms with cardboard walls, unruly kids. People at front desk were nice (of course they want to keep their jobs) First day there they tried to sell me a time share (NEVER get a time share at this place)
People at Living Social were very helpful booking the vacation for us unfortunately they do not know where they are sending you as it's evident they don't know the sites.
In short you get what you pay for.
Stay out of Kissimmee if at all possible it's an area that is on the downside.
As much as I hate to say it the best place to stay is on Disney property. You will pay a premium price but the people you'll meet are nothing like the ones you'll meet in Kissimmee spots.
Last time I ever go thru Living Social.

sundrasn
7/16/14

Save yourself the displeasure in dealing with this bunch! As attractive as their offers look, that's as far as the pleasantness goes! Their customer service have a standard line, stating that they cannot tell you anything until 7 days after you have raised a query or complaint. They use suppliers that no one (not even themselves) can contact by telephone. An example; Love Bebe Shop!!!
My advise; unsubscribe from Living Social. Never use them.
ps: the only reason I even added one star is that you have to select a star rating!

jackt35
7/14/14

Bought a vent cleaning service. Scheduled an appointment, took time off to wait for them and they were a no show. Just to be sure, book an appointment again on a Sat and they were as expected a no show (didnt expected them to show up). The company has terrible reviews. Living Social should check credibility of these vendors. On a good note though, Living Social will refund you with credits promptly. That is why I gave them two stars.

debbien5
7/14/14

Living Social does not honour their offer of "recommend link and if 3 people buy you get yours for free". I did this for a photography course, sent the link to 3 friends. 1 friend did not have a credit card so I used the same link that I sent him and paid for his ticket. I got a email from Living Social saying "Congratulations, I get mine ticket for free". My credit card never got refunded. I followed up and was told because I had paid for my ticket and my friends ticket with the same credit card the offer did not apply. I got a really "we don't care" attitude and they palmed me off.

kathrynf2
7/13/14

I bought the anti snore guard for my husband (Snore-Free Nights (from www.stellawhite.co.uk). It was terrible! Large tough and too big to keep in your mouth without gagging! Living Social wouldn't refund and neither would Stella White. I will never buy anything through Living Social again!

stephaniec34
7/11/14

There should be a rating system here for NO stars. This company is fraudulent and sneers at the mounting number of dissatisfied customers they are amassing. I purchased a NYC hotel package and when I called to redeem it, the hotel HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT and had no redemption code. The entire business was a fabrication; the hotel would not honor any part of it. When I complained, LS said it was expired. The voucher clearly sates there were TEN MONTHS left to redeem it and only one blackout date. I wrote them back to say they were committing a fraud and I could hear the laughter from their contemptuous billionaire owners, including the board and Steve Case, who come off as dishonorable if this is their idea of a business plan. They and the founders are the Bernie Madoffs of leisure and entertainment. I do not expect any action from them and am now stuck with having to go to NYC and pay 3X what I would have had I not purchased this deal. I believe they are in cahoots with businesses in an effort to offer a package, pull out, replace it with a lesser value item, and everyone is happy except for us suckers. Regrettably, I live in a town of a million lawyers and not one will take these people to court. If they did, it would be a massive class action suit. If Soylent Green is made of people then Living Social is made from LIES.

edh11
7/8/14

Purchased a coupon for house power washing through a company called Delia's Home Services. OUT OF DURHAM/CHAPEL HILL, NC They never called me to schedule the cleaning, My bank account was drafted $109.00 on MAY 20, 2014. There is no website, no phone number for either Delia's or Living Social Deals. If anyone has a contact number please let me know. After I contacted them after printing the coupon. I never heard from them. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL DEALS!!!!

rebeccaf8
7/4/14

I used Living Social for some small things like restaurant coupons with no problem. But I took a risk and bought a Book-A-Tailor coupon so my husband could get a tailor-made suit. 6 months and 3 suits later, he still doesn't have a suit he can wear and Living Social says once the coupon is redeemed, they will not get involved.
I also had a bad experience with carpet cleaners. I don't think they screen their offers so beware, you are on your own. I've had much better luck using Groupons.

aileenb2
7/2/14

Desperate customer service. After a problem redeeming code on merchant website and emailing merchant with no reply, I contacted LivingSocial because I had paid them for the deal. They sent me merchants number which I couldn't get answer from. I emailed LivingSocial on numerous occasions only to receive replies from'Sandy' (customer service team member!) one of which said the deal had expired!!( only because I couldn't redeem it) I eventually realised the phone number was a uk one and as I am in Dublin I need international code. I emailed saying I didn't, think I should have to pay for this call, when I ordered in euros through their Irish site. I have received no reply to that email. DESPERATE customer service. Will never order from LivingSocial again.

tinal22
7/1/14

Terrible customer service. Merchants should have a grace period. Emergencies arise where the coupon event cannot be redeemed. Groupon is very understanding about it and will give FULL refunds. The deals they have are far less superior than other merchants. And that is why I will continue my business with Groupon and NOT LivingSocial. I purchase at LEAST one/two coupons per week. Because they were not accommodating with my situation, a single $100 voucher cost them literally thousand of dollars of my future business. Good riddance!!

wendyw25
6/28/14

Bought a deal for finnish dishwasher tablets through living social the supplier was silver fishes no item was delivered could not get any response from these suppliers and when living social tried to contact them they were referred to Hermes postal delivery when I contacted these I was told to deal with the supplier after complaining to Living Social I was refunded y money after 6 weeks of trying but no postage was returned. I see that they are offering the same deal again would not touch this offer.

jodiem19
6/24/14

I will never use Living Social again. Purchased a blue tooth for the car. Should say I got charged for a blue tooth. Never got it. Tried contacting the seller several times and then Living Social several times for help. No response from either. Stay away from Living Social!

richardd42
6/20/14

Living Social charged me $23.05 and Tyler's Coffee charge me $5.95 for a 1 lb bag of coffee that was advertised as $5.95 period. Never buy from lLiving Social again.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
sarahw7
A: Is there a review from someone with details on their experience with livingsocial.com? I just dropped money on a deal and I'm not sure how my groupon even gets to me. Please help.
6/11/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial