US Government's NSF

1445 New York Ave NW #200, #200
Washington, DC 20005, USA
Tel: +1.8888086676
feedback@livingsocial.com

People interested in LivingSocial are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephanies4

I've never had an issue where I had to call customer service so that could be another story...but overall...I'm happy. (in 307 reviews)

lesleye

Purchased a Next deal where i paid £15 for £30 to spend at Next. (in 523 reviews)

amyp4

I got prompt reply for any of my questions from customer service And as far as Credit Card Information. (in 99 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

conniee6
7/27/15

Great place to find coupons for your local restaurants and businesses.

theresaw22
7/17/15

I order my wedding dress size 16W, the dimensions stated on the website were my exact size. When it came in it was in a plastic bag not a protective box as they guarantee. The whole dress was in a bag the size of a large Fed ex envelope. I couldn't believe that they stuffed a wedding dress in that bag. It was very wrinkled. I tried the dress on 4 weeks before the wedding. It was so not a 16W. I couldn't even begin to try it on. The fit was horrible. I reported to them the wrong size. They wanted it shipped back to China at my expense and then I would get a new one. AT what size???? I was forced to cancel the wedding and sell it on craigslist. Thank God it could be tailored for a much smaller woman!
SO tidebuy not only didn't give a sh xx about giving the customer the right dress , the inside lining was made from a bed sheet instead of quality materials. The dress was over $200.The picture on the website was stunning. The quality and fit was abhorrible.DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON TIDEBUY, or any of the other Chinese sites. It sounds too good to be true.It is. They grab whatever is on the shelf. NO size on the item, They get paid in full. You cant use it. That is very expensive toilet paper! THEY ARE A SCAM> See my review on Rosewholesale. I got burned by them also. A happy deal, Ivan, Mookie,all are these scam artists.STAY AWAY FROM THEM.You will not save money, you will loose money!

tedl15
7/15/15

Good, I liked the site
Keep on!

cs102
7/15/15

I have made two purchases on Living Social, both for services. With neither purchase was I able to get the merchant to perform the service.....one would not even return phone calls after 5 tries and voice mails.
BEWARE OF REFUND: Living Social gives their "Deal Bucks" only, with are worthless for their worthless deals.

dannyg21
7/14/15

Always unique and great deals here. DOn't miss purusing it once in a while.

brookeb11
7/14/15

I am very happy to use LivingSocial services. They are the best.

kevinm91
7/13/15

ordered my pocket digital multi meters "2" 7 weeks ago and am still waiting for them.
my order was supposed to take 4-6 days.

clayh22
7/3/15

Bought pro house cleaning for 80 dollars. I called they scheduled for 2 months away then pro house cleaning didnt show up. I called and they hung up on me when I told them they were a no show. Now pro cleaning wont return my calls and sends me straight to voice mail. I've left 10 messages! Scam scam scam

lisab142
6/29/15

Super service and fast shipping!!

angelg17
6/29/15

If you want a bargain on most anything, visit LivingSocial. You will find a plethora of deals and discounts!

kellyt20
6/29/15

Have ordered a few times, once the business was out of business and it took several weeks to get a refund. Then restaurant . Com was a scam and the refunded the money again after a couple weeks. Just seems like the don't have the bus worked out our are taking less than reputable companies.

cassandrae
6/23/15

I was introduced to this site by my oldest son. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my purchases!! Will continue to be a customer!

da16182
6/21/15

There is so many good deals, you can easily just waste an afternoon. But like I said - good deals.

kayr106
6/17/15

Living Social has no customer care service and if you don't comply 100% with their inflexible rules they have no problem telling you off. I received an £80 gift voucher for afternoon tea at a prestigious London Hotel. I misplaced the gift voucher and once I found it, it had expired. I explained this to Sarah at Livingsocial who could not have been more uncaring and unhelpful. She was quick to point out in her dictatorial way that 'it is no one else's responsibility but your own!' Sarah was apparently very comfortable with the knowledge that they happily took £80 from my friend without delivering any service for the money. They could very easily extend the voucher for one day in order to ensure that I can spend the voucher but simply refused to this and very interestingly pointed out that they have no facility to do this. In other words, they make their profit from an unrelenting policy of not helping their clients whose gift vouchers expire regardless if it is one day or one year. Furthermore, Sarah told me in her abrasive way, that I was not her client and therefore not entitled to any further explanation. This is certainly an interesting way of looking at clients. To me Livingsocial has three clients:
1. The person who pays them for their gift voucher - they have every expectation that this will be delivered
2. The person who receives the gift voucher and the service their friend has paid for - In this instance, this is me but Sarah didn't seem to understand this
3. The hotel who will be providing the end service and in this case The London Marriott Hotel in Park Lane.
What is clear from my conversation with Sarah, is that not one of these 3 clients are important to Livingsocial.
Good luck Livingsocial in establishing a client friendly and ethical company. With a policy that clearly doesn't treat customers fairly and customer service staff like Sarah, you certainty need all the help you can get!

maryw99
6/15/15

I found this to be a great site to buy vacation trips. They have good prices and beautiful Destinations. Especially in Italy.

vilmap
6/15/15

Relax and Beyod !its what I call it... I love my Bathroom all from here..

nicoleh29
6/15/15

I find LivingSocial as a hit-and-miss site; most of the time nothing there interests me.
However when something does the deal is usually incredible! Not only is it a great price but it works smoothly and successfully! I have got vouchers/ orders through them (/ third party) a few times and I have not yet been dissatisfied with the product or service.
Good site!

meehyunk
6/12/15

Living Social is almost as good as Groupon. I have not tried their customer service yet so this star rating could go up or down depending on that. But great to have them around.

jennettag
6/10/15

great deals here

myrtlec9
6/10/15

I am so happy with my recent purchase . The 10 feet iPhone cable. The price was great and it arrived fairly quick.

jenniferp59
6/7/15

I had an issue with my card, and needed help. I sent an email and got a quick response and it was fixed swiftly.

erickf7
6/4/15

I have had some really good experiences but too many not so hot. Try to do some research on the companies first.

maryannem4
5/27/15

I've gotten some good deals on salon treatments and yoga but that's about it. I remember the good 'ol days when there were some trips I wanted to book but I never got a chance to. Hope I can catch one of those again. Overall, I check Living Social just in case there's something I might like, but I don't expect to be wow'ed

chayab
5/26/15

so many great local deals here! quick and easy to use.
they expire quickly so you need to use them ASAP

sb122
5/21/15

Love groupon. Have used many for some great deals even for the kids!

dlaijnes
5/20/15

My son uses livingsocial to buy gifts for me. I've no problem. I use groupon to buy self and others' gifts. I prefer groupon - he prefers livingsocial - tomato/tomato

keithb61
5/18/15

I bought driving lessons for my son at Christmas. When he went to use them, the local driving school they were for did not exist! Nearest one about 4 hours drive away. Tried for refund by email, but they just said to phone. UK to USA phone call would have cost more than the price of the voucher. Do not touch this lot ever. Only wish I could give 0 stars here.

mariselam2
5/7/15

Great deals,I've visited places I never had before because of there great deals.

zulfiak
5/7/15

I bought a voucher for a haircut and highlights with expiry date of 6.05.15.I phoned hairdressers on 1.05 and booked for 6.05 with the voucher. When I arrived, the voucher was not accepted electronically. Somebody else with the same problems phoned and received refund from LS. When I phoned they refused refund. Customer services were as rule and unprofessional as they could possibly be. They refused to give me another phone number, e-mail address or post address, so there was no way for me to write a complaint or challenge their decision. When I said that I wanted to talk to the manager they put me on hold and never came back (paid phone calls). I bought many vouchers from LS over last about 5 years and never expected that I would be treated in such rude and disrespectful manner!

wendelc
5/1/15

I reviewed the email regarding trip to China and no where was it stated that the cost is in US Dollars. I purchased the deal costing $2980.00 USD. My visa was charged $3529, realizing that the deal is in US dollars, I cancelled the deal and my visa was refunded $3258.00 I spoke to Living Social and they said they are a US company so all prices are in US dollars unless otherwise stated. This information is nowhere on there website or in the detailed fine print but still I am out $271.00 and Living Social is suggesting that I should go to my bank and have them refund me the difference. If you are a NON US consumer please be very careful when purchasing through living Social as you can get hosed out of your funds

melanier16
4/29/15

Never had a issue with them customer service wise. Anytime I had a problem they solved it ASAP! :)

reneek8
4/29/15

LivingSocial always seems to have SOME fantastic deal going on, much to my husband's dismay ;)

michelec17
4/25/15

I tried this site, twice, yes I know, the first time I got a voucher, I did nto read the fine print and pretty much lost out on my money. The second time, I made sure to read the restrictions AND follow them, but vendor didnt honor the voucher, and the living social site wouldnt refund the cost of the voucher. If you have money to burn, this is for you, if you work hard for you money like everyone else, run, run away now.

hrha
4/25/15

It offers a lot of good deals, but make sure you read the fine print, because a lot of dates, days and options are not available for most coupons.

tammyg14
4/23/15

You need to read all fine print before you say you will participate in the offer, as there is often some type of catch that is not to your liking. In November I ordered a shower speaker for my daughter for $16 for Christmas. I did this on my iphone while I was on the go. Then I forgot about and when I realized I never got it I thought I must not have completed the order properly on my iphone (like never hitting submit, or send when you are moving about). Come to find out I did pay for it but it was a voucher deal apparently. You get a voucher and you have a certain amount of time to redeem your item (60 days here) and if you don't that seems to be that...in Help when I click on get a refund, it brings me to vouchers, which just tells me I'm expired. So personal. They can email me their marketing materials constantly but no reminders or vouchers via email. Yes, I made an error in reading the details instead doing it on the fly. But bottom line, I paid for something, I should have the something.

belindam1
4/22/15

I purchased some Ballet Flats on Ebay from them before reading the very bad reviews. I chose the patent black ones from the four choices. I did not receive patent..I received reg black. I wrote them and I was told that I did choose reg...I told the woman or man that I chose patent and my invoice says so and that I would take a pic of what I order. I was ignored after this. Also she asked me to send a pic of the flats which I did. Still no response. Wow! Buyer Beware. I'm very lucky as I used my Living Social Visa to purchase. After I explained to Living Social that I did not get what I purchased...MY credit card company reimbursed me...NOT them.

Addendum: I must update and say that after I wrote this review..this company did the right thing and sent me what I really ordered. They corrected themselves..so this is the way to go. Thanks MobStub.

gregoryj16
4/20/15

I bought a few things from these guys. Just make sure you use them. Definitely appauled that Groupon has a better ranking then them. I've heard more complaints about Groupon then Living Social. Anyway, just use it right away. I prefer going to sites that offer a coupons for free that are exactly like the deals from living social. I'm not too much on the bandwagon for living socials, but I don't dislike them. Just be careful cause you never when you're going to get screw up the... ya know.

evelyno2
4/19/15

The difference between LivingSocial and some other “deal of the day” websites like Woot.com is that it does not sell products. Rather, what it offers are more like gift certificates at a discount.

loriw20
4/19/15

I orders a voucher from this company... Following instructions for my order... its was a personalised hand stand from PRINT MY PHOTO. I allow the delivery time of ten days... order hasn't arrived try to resolve this with the company myself with no joy now over a month later.. still not product... still not refund. DO NOT TRUST THE COMPANIES THEY REPRESENT

markc114
4/15/15

Just terrible customer service. They will repeatedly cut and paste generic responses to any emails. Good luck ever getting in touch on the phone.
They will not accept returns, no matter what the reason. Product arrived damaged or didn't arrive at all? Tough luck, you paid for it.

marial63
4/15/15

Bought and paid over $100 for 2 items. Received an invalid tracking number. The so called free customer number is toll free only for USA. The so called Sydney number is actually diverted to USA. Waited over 1 week for a reply when they assured it will take 5 days. Utter B.$#*!! Customer service have no idea where the product is actually shipped from. They have to email their logistics who have to email suppliers who in turn have to contact Aust post to get answer. I already spoke to Austpost who confirmed number is invalid but LivingSocial is adamant number is right. Spoke to customer service 3 times already. Product was ordered & paid for almost 6 weeks ago. Will never ever order from them again! Have just wasted over $100! They assured I can request refund but when ask again was told No.

peterl88
4/14/15

I've used LivingSocial occasionally over about three years. Things have gone smoothly on about three occasions - the rest of the time there has always been some problem or other.

Firstly, the website is very unstable. Often, when you click on an interesting deal and then click through to "buy", the panel that is supposed to give you the discount code simply fails to appear - the text tells you to click on the code, but neither the panel nor the code is there. Sometimes I've just given up,but sometimes the deal has been so interesting that I've persisted, going back to the ad and clicking through to the 'buy' page time and time again. After many tries, the code at last appears and allows you to proceed to the purchase page. No, my computer is NOT faulty (as one LS customer service agent declared) - it works perfectly on all other online purchase sites.

Secondly, on two previous occasions the merchant has not recognised the LivingSocial deal and has charged me his full retail price on my credit card. On one occasion LivingSocial arranged for a refund, on another they said the problem was between me and the merchant and Living Social could not help me. My credit card company got me a refund, saying that they had a long history of problems with that merchant and were no longer accepting his business. So why was LS doing business with the merchant?

In spite of this poor history I recently made one last try, because the offered deal was so good. It was a deal for a TOTAL WHITE teeth whitening kit, normally about £80 - £90, for £16 plus £4.95 postage.. Again, it took me several tries to bring up the LS site page with a discount code panel, but eventually it appeared. The next day I received an emailed invoice from the merchant for the postage which was immediately deducted from my credit card account. I received the product OK, a couple of days later, but two weeks later £79.95 was deducted from my credit card account. I immediately emailed LivingSocial who emailed a reply saying they didn't accept emailed complaints and that I must phone their customer service - difficult for me because my vocal cords are paralysed (as I had said in my email to them).

I phoned as requested and was told by a very snotty (female) "customer service (!)" agent that it was not their problem and I had to call the merchant. I phoned TOTALWHITE who said that they had no knowledge of any such discount offer and my order had been treated as a normal transaction at their usual price and terms.. I phoned LivingSocial again, this time to find a much more sympathetic (male) agent who took all my details and promised to investigate the problem, to sort it out. and to email me back. Guess what? Nothing further.

I've given up, life is too short to spend hours on the phone or at the keyboard sorting out these problems - which,of course, is what these soulless internet scam artists count on. But I'm putting LivingSocial on my blocked address list and telling as many people as I can - DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS (DIS)ORGANISATION. Like the man said "If it seems too good to be true, it is." Don't buy, don't get caught.

markb189
4/11/15

Terrible fraudulent offers- restaurants going out of business

davew64
4/10/15

Love this site, use it a couple of times a month and always find good meal deals for me and my girlfriend.

gailw15
4/10/15

I like LivingSocial but Groupon lets me keep what I paid for the dinner to use later if the discount date has passed. With Living Social, you get nothing.

loiss13
4/10/15

When you try to redeem your Living Social voucher for the Hello Fresh food box, they trick you into an expensive subscription, keep delivering $69 food boxes and bill your credit card.. Living Social does not disclose this on the voucher.Living Social will not help you because they say their guarantee does not apply to vendors.

Tip for consumers: My daughter used a gift voucher and was billed more than $400 on her credit card before she realized she was being scammed.

kevinb115
4/9/15

Be careful I purchased the Paintball Deal and got ripped off big time. The ad says save 88% which isn't true. It said equipment included all I had to buy was the paintballs. When I got to Mad Dogz after making a reservation for my son's birthday. They said the vouchers were only good for 500 paintballs And that's it. When the site clearly says that all equipment included for 6 people. They charged me 23.00 a person for equipment rental. Came out to 138.00 plus the 30.00 I spent on living social. Not happy at all. Called living social same day and still no return call. Be careful of Mad Dogz Paintball in Waxahachie,Texas.

juliap19
4/5/15

I had vouchers, but couldn't book a day for service due to ignorance of the service... and living social didn't reply on my request right away (when I could ask to return money), then replied advising to contact more, but the person, answering me once after living Social contacted him, disappeared... and when I contacted Living Social again, they said "too late - the voucher expired". Another deal - they didn't mention important details about age limitation, so that voucher also was "lost money"... Also when I want to see deals in my area, they include deals 100+ km away...

tonyg43
4/4/15

I ordered a computer notepad at £149 which is not so cheap.

But they used Yodel to deliver it and Yodel staff have stolen it and shown it as delivered.

Everyone knows that Yodel are the worst delivery company and certainly the last to use for high value parcels!

Look on Youtube for Yodel employees leaving parcels on doorsteps and throwing them over walls!

Be aware that Barclaycard will not cover these losses as you pay Living Social and not the firm that supplies the product!

EDIT I contacted Living Social and they arranged with the suppliers to send me another by Royal Mail which of course arrived safely.

So I was sorted out but still sad that Yodel are so untrustworthy! Look on Youtube for videos of them throwing parcels over walls and leaving valuable goods on the doorstep.

joannen
4/1/15

To be up front, I have never ordered any products, ONLY VOUCHERS from reputable retailers such as Amazon, Dominos, and Davids Cookies. I have never had any issues with utilizing the vouchers and received the voucher codes as promised. A great way to save money (usually 40%-50%). Before buying a voucher, make sure you visit the retailer website to check out shipping costs.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
Answer
dazzh
A: I am not able to call during the hours LS offers IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. I have always been able to communicate via email to LS. They apparently don't trust their "support staff" to handle emailed questions.
This will make me discontinue my online shopping habit with a MUCH LESS quality company such as Groupon. Groupon DOES stand by their products and services, always have.
I would recommend this company for its"deals" but issues come up left and right. I've tried for almost THREE YEARS to get a refund on a voucher I purchased with a price tag of $100. No response after 9 emails and endless messages left on their "voicemail", which must not exist.
I do not recommend this site to anyone I know. They have no idea how far my reach is. I've given them too many opportunities to remedy the situation, to zero response.
Kiss your cash goodbye if you have ANY issue with a deal (and do not have the abi,it's to call during their select hours of customer "service". Ridic!
Save your money and ship at Groupon, if you want a guarantee on all.
Hope this saves someone from the grief (and time) I've spent trying to get my money back.
Last tip: use a credit card! A debit card won't provide the protection you may need. Tip to the wise.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi, i ordered an iphone 5s, and it said that it wold be here by April 1st and 1 Day later it still isn't here and i would like it to be delivered to the address i gave when ordered and for it to be here by April 3rd, as it is a present to my sister and I'm already One day late with it
-Ruth-
4/2/15
Answer
stephanien3
A: Have you contacted the customer service at Livingsocial.com? I have found them to be pretty responsive in the past. This is a seperate review site.
4/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

13 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial