US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephl1

I tried to contact the customer service number that the sales rep provided. (in 224 reviews)

amyo

for those friends to purchase the deal - I was still charged. (in 379 reviews)

amyp4

I got prompt reply for any of my questions from customer service And as far as Credit Card Information. (in 71 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

teresab26
1/30/15

I bought an all inclusive vacation package to Cozumel. Even though we had a ball, the quality of the resort was disappointing. It looked like a 5 star on their site and was actually a clean 2 star. I don't trust their quality anymore.

brendam35
1/22/15

I called Living Social this morning, to review an order with customer service. I spoke with Aaron in the customer service dept. He provided me with outstanding customer service. He was well spoken, had an excellent Knowledge of products and vendors. He also had great voice inflection and tone during the conversation. It made for a very pleasant call. My calls are always handled promptly and any issues are always resolved. Today, Aaron took excellent care of me. I am a very happy Living Social customer and am happy to recommend them on a regular basis.

I received an item from a company that was different than I thought it would be. I did not read the measurements on the item and so the error was on my part. I wanted to return it. Living Social said to "go ahead and keep the item" and they refunded my money. I was asked if I wanted the money refunded to my credit card or my Living Social account. I opted for my account to be refunded. This was taken care of within 5 minutes.

My opinion, as an experienced customer service representative, who has worked in a wide-range of scenarios with customers, is that customers are willing to provide negative feedbacK, as is their responsibity and right. However, on the flipside, leaving positive feedback doesn't take place as often. As a customer, I expect excellent quality of product and customer service. I receive both from Living Social!

paulap20
1/21/15

Disappointed with refund policy
I purchased a phone holder and had to pay postage direct to aven Republic
The item was broken so living social did refund the cost of product but the supplier did not refund cost of postage, so I paid postage to receive faulty goods and contacting living social is ajoke

Tip for consumers: Be aware you may not get postage refunded if you receive faulty goods.

romainp1
1/19/15

love this company
quality and service
and HONESTY

not like www.gilt.com or www.borderfree.com : thieves !

rajeshb1
1/19/15

Bought a service deal and made an appointment. The company never showed up and then their website stopped working (so it seems they were out of business). LivingSocial took over a week to issue a refund and I had to make multiple calls to them. The problem is that the certificate was marked as redeemed. Living Social allows merchants to mark certificates as redeemed when an appointment is made not when the service is actually performed.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy service deals

courtneyl17
1/14/15

Living Social is good for buying vouchers or gift certificates to local restaurants and services, but don't bother buying products from them. They could never show up and all they say is sorry! Here is your refund.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother ordering products from them.

rakeshg1
1/8/15

Can you give negative stars

You will not believe this but I had a deal with them for a meal and then it turned out to be my wife and I were to share over the carcase of a meal 3 oysters and half a lobster with some salad - I can see myself salivating whilst I am offering her the lobster tail. I discovered the scam only by accident as they sold the same deal again but this time they took care to say that 2 people will share - they managed to obfuscate it the first time and think they are very clever

This is the best bit - After uncovered the scam, the customer service rep offered to refund my purchase but I asked for him to honour the deal by calling the restaurant - to be fair at this point I didn't know I had genuinely been oversold and under delivered but did not fancy having my wife dress up and then have an almighty row about payment with the restaurant.

To paraphrase his words "What more can I do - I have offered you a refund". I said honour the deal and he said it was beyond his authority and needed to talk to his manager to which my response was - okay escalate it as I have taken the day off to get to London on time and want my full meal

No manager called me so I called again and he was a choice person - totally polite given I was losing my cool at being cheated. Apparently the notes stated no refund had been offered which is an outright lie of course. He refused to play the transcript

such a palaver for a few pounds

my advise NEVER BUY as it is always a scam

Tip for consumers: give them a wide berth. To be fair they will not exist in the near future as the business model is flawed and that will be the best result

pagsterg
1/7/15

Although LivingSocial does at times offer good deals one must carefully scrutinize any company offering goods or services found on it. They simply do not properly vett companies. I recently got one of their emails which contained ads from two different companies advertising vent cleaning. The first was rated "F" by the BBB and the complaints were typically of no services obtained, blame it on a subcontractor, or bait and switch. The second was not recognized by BBB but had amazingly similar complaints.

jr105
1/2/15

This outfit really needs to be shut down. Way too many people getting ripped off. The "deals" my overly trusting wife bought never got delivered, the supposed "merchant" offering the deal apparently doesn't even exist. There's a phony website (http://1800electronics.force.com/) that returned this error message when I tried to use their "Support knowledgebase" and "Submit a Ticket":
ERROR
Error:
system.security.NoAccessException: Create access denied for Contact

Tip for consumers: Check out the "address" I'm supposed to send my returned merchandise to (which never got here in the first place):
Step #4: Send It To Us

Please ship the item back to:
<Company Name>
<RMA Address Info>

Please be advised that return shipping and handling is the responsibility of the buyer. We suggest that you track and insure all returns to prevent lost packages. <Company Name> is not responsible for lost returned packages.

maryd83
12/28/14

HORRIBLE! A TRUE RIP-OFF! I've had 2 experiences with Living Social:

#1) I PAID $32 for an item that NEVER ARRIVED and I only GOT BACK $20 in CREDITS with these scam artists! REALLY????

#2) I PAID $8.32 for a mini perfume sample thing for travel….it arrived poorly packaged, opened and empty, since the liquid leaked out into the little pouch. I called Living Social, got jerked around for 12 minutes and finally hung-up! My time is more valuable at this point. Lesson learned! Avoid these thugs!

Why not just knock me down and steal my purse? Same thing! Don't WASTE your time with these crooks! Just watch -- they'll be another 'flash in the pan' that'll be gone soon because of their lousy customer service and 'snake oil salesman tactics!'

Tip for consumers: TIP: Hang onto your wallet! Don't waste your time! They make it look easy, but if you have a problem, they'll find every excuse to hang onto YOUR MONEY! Scam artists and thieves, in my opinion! Wish I'd read all the negative reviews FIRST!

lisal83
12/22/14

Worst experience ever!!! Order items and never received! Worst customer service ever! Not knowledgeable at all!!! I rather pay full price then deal with this crap!!!

jameso28
12/22/14

like most of the other reviews my experience was terrible customer service was rude and unprofessional ...my suggestion would be to not buy anything from this site and unsubscribe .....

Tip for consumers: same deals are almost always avaiable on groupon and company is 'much' better to deal with

jenniferm97
12/19/14

I've had good customer service with LivingSocial itself, but the stores/salons don't always live up to their end of the bargain. Typically I do feel like if I get a "deal" and have a coupon I get treated as less of a customer than a full-paying customer.

charless79
12/19/14

I have made many things through Living Social and even when their merchant didn't come through, Living Social has always made it right for me. I think their customer service is as good as Amazon (as good as it gets)!

jithendert
12/14/14

I ordered a beats by dr dre studio headphones from living social on Black Friday for $199. They sent me a beats by dr dre Monster headphones instead. I opened the box and to my surprise it turned out to be a fake one.

It is very easy to find out if it is a fake or real. Just open YouTube and search for unpacking of beats by dre monster headphones video. There are no logos of monster present on the headphones or plugs which connect headphones to phone and all the accessories. I don't know how how long they have been in business, but man they are trying to fool people around.

On top of it when I called customer care and informed them the same, they don't trust and say they can't help me. They were very rude and say they are not at fault. I would like everyone who got this item through living social, please check for authenticity and also please never purchase any big ticket items from living social in future because of their authenticity and bad customer service who never cares.

Tip for consumers: Shipping fake products and worst worst response from customer service people

jena20
12/12/14

I order a product from them based solely on the fact that it said it would arrive within 10 business days. There was a better quality version I wanted from another site but that was outside of the United states and couldn't guarentee anything less than a month to ship. Never received a confirmation of shipping within that ten days. Can not email them (I would imagine because they'd be overrun with complaints) and calling them took THREE DAYS to get an answer which wound up being too bad it'll get there when it gets there. Now waiting to receive something I can no longer use.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

kerrys18
12/12/14

EcoAir is a complete scam!! Do not buy a living social coupon from them. They barely cleaned the air vents and the entire time they were at my house they pressured me to buy other services. I said no several times and they wouldn't leave me alone. They pretended to call their manager to get a better price for the other services even though I said I was not paying for anything else. When I questioned if they cleaned all the air ducts they gave me an attitude and said they were done. Complete waste of money. Then when I called to complain to the manager they said he wasn't available. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

binnyk
12/10/14

this is one of the worse online shopping site
will never ever recommend anyone
ordered 2 months back still have not received my order ....
no replies to email
such a fake site .........

Tip for consumers: dont ever make mistake to buy anything from this site plz

engineers
12/8/14

One of the worse online buying experiences ever. Only had to purchase two defective cheap solar lights to realize the rude, non existent customer service. They sell cheap junk at a very high price. There suggested retail prices shown are absolutely false and very misleading. If there was a "no star" rating, this company deserves it. There are too many internet companies that provide outstanding products and service to have to deal with this outfit.

mayab1
12/7/14

My favourite company.
Always had great experience. Recently my husband and I bought a coupon for Mexican restaurant in Toronto on Murten Street. What a great experience!
I will alway use Living Social .

angelaw35
12/5/14

I just wanted to thank all of you for posting ur reviews about living social I was just getting ready to buy a deal for the first time and I thought I better check them out a little before I do and I'm so glad that I did you all saved my a lot of money and heartache. Thanks again reviews really do help people.

rl32
11/19/14

I bought a $129 end of lease voucher from Imaculate Bright Cleaning Service on Monday. I was very pleased that the lady on the phone could fit my cleaning job in during that same week. Although the appointment was an hour later than organised she rang to say her people were held up. Sam the man who did the job was very curtious explained what was agreed on and how long it would take. I was very impressed with the work that was done and have no reserations in commending this business on its service.

olgat5
11/15/14

Got upper and lower eyeliner done today by Hiyan Bitar, the owner of DermaCouture Permanent Cosmetics.
I was SO happy with the result that I've decided to get the brows done as well.
As per my wonderful experience, Hiyan is an exceptional professional dedicated to the customer. Precise application - even though my case was anything but easy.
Of course I spent substantially more than $99 that I paid for LivingSocial coupon (as I was not going to settle on a basic liner - upper or lower - with no "extras"), but considering the quality of service and the amount of time dedicated (entire workday for one customer in my case), I would say the pricing is VERY reasonable.
Thinking about the lip liner or perhaps full lips for the next time, and looking forward to my extra 20 minutes of sleep every morning!

tarab5
11/14/14

I unfortunately have eaten $100's of dollars on deals I bought on here. The vendors they represent never answer the phone, nor do they have time to redeem your deal in a timely fashion. When I contacted livingsocial for a refund on my expired deals (due to the inability of the vendor to honor).. they informed me no refund would be issued because my deals were expired. They stated the value would be good for up to 5 years at the vendor. Who wants to do deal with vendors that don't work with you on your schedule... STAY AWAY FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH LIVINGSOCIAL... once they have your money.. they are not giving it back for no reason what so ever!!

craigm51
11/11/14

Tried contacting the vendor (PinkZebra Designs) via email, phone, text with no luck. Took my $100 and had a great time i guess.
Also all contact that was successfully made to Living Social just simply appears to be a delay/go away tactic.
REPORT to Fair Trading and lets stop the thousands of innocent people getting ripped off and filling these degenerates pockets with cash

Tip for consumers: Just don't buy ANYTHING from Living Social......EVER

suet17
11/6/14

To all who have had a bad experience with Living Social: Place a complaint with the better business bureau and the attorney general of your state. If each person who has a bad experience writes, it gets noticed and they will investigate.

I ordered and paid for a 30" chain, but received a 24" chain. Tried to call the phone number on their website, but a recording comes on and instructs you to write via their website. Only two options are given: 1. return the product and they will refund all but $7.99 for restocking (remember this is their error) 2. receive Living social bucks . wording at the bottom stated: " At this time we are not able to offer exchanges or replacements for Living Social Products".

Very poorly run company: my advice: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LIVING SOCIAL. Their products are inferior quality and their customer service is very poor.

janied1
11/4/14

ZERO Stars if this site would allow that! Such a pity that SiteJabber forces one to give at least one star!!

LivingSocial is AWFUL! They have POOR customer service! I NEVER signed up for their emails but somehow they've gotten hold of my email address and have begun emailing me, and for several months now! ACK! I don't want their emails! They NEVER even emailed first to ask permission to add my email to their mailing lists!! I tried to unsubscribe via the most recent email by clicking on unsubscribe, but it did not allow that feature, instead directing me to either "sign into facebook (I don't 'do' facebook...) or to sign into "my account" (so-called, I don't have an account) with them, OR to create an account with them so I can delete it! WHAAAAAT?!!! I tried to email them but their site is designed to go only so far until you get to the last set of "pick one" subject pertaining to your issue, and doesn't matter which one you select, they ALL take you to pre-empted responses to resolve ordering issues but none to unsubscribe! Clever b4Stards this site thinks it is, but NOT - they are intentionally alienating people! It makes no sense! t is no wonder they are such a hurting business. I think they are desperatly on their last leg and, you know what? I DON'T SHIVE A GIT NOW! I despise these gormless bollocks! Just try talking with anyone of their employees just to do something as simple as unsubscribe. WOW, they will leave raise your blood pressure and leave your head spinning all while you wish you were face to face so that you could beat them with the crazy stick! They are just like that commercial where the cable company won't let you cancel your services even when you don't have an account or a contract!! WOW, such arrogant, narcissistic pile of no-good, good for nothing arsehats! I will ROTFLMAS when I read about the demise of THEIR company!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from these people unless you enjoy having headaches and feelings of wanting to attack them.

garyk25
10/29/14

I received a phone call from "Raymond" who told me he could offer FREE ADVERISING ... his words were, "no cost to YOU!". The truth is that they require your business to discount
through their membership ..and I consider this as a COST TO ME! The pitch was an out
and out LIE! I emailed back and cancelled my appointment with Raymond and hope all
other merchants don't have to go this far to discover there is a RAT in the details!!!!!!!!!!!
NO COST IS BALONEY!

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVEN LISTEN PAST THE NAME, 'LIVING SOCIAL' ... SIMPLY HANG UP!

deniseb30
10/28/14

Living Social are Rip Off Merchants!

I bought a 1 day dressmaking course ( http://www.thelondonsewingroom.co.uk)- the course was just a joke ran by a shoddy organisation. The instructor was unskilled, taught ridiculous techniques, the premises dire - an absolute waste of money and time. There were 3 of us attending the course and were in all agreement of this when we left!

When i complained to LS, they simply said thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you have had a poor experience please take this up with the merchant. I contacted the sewing room and just received petty, abusive and childish emails. When I contacted LS again their response was to say sorry we cannot give you a refund as you have used the voucher, well yes that's true but how else could i find out that the course was awful!

LESSON LEARNED - Will never use Living Social Deals again!

Tip for consumers: DON'T TOUCH EITHER LIVING SOCIAL DEALS OR THE LONDON SEWING ROOM (http://www.thelondonsewingroom.co.uk) WITH A BARGE POLE - THEY ARE BOTH COWBOY OUTFITS!

freedomh
10/23/14

Bought two bracelets, Living Social reassured me after two weeks when I still had not received the bracelets to give Balla Bracelets a bit more time even after I pointed out that it was in direct opposition to their written policy and the previous phone calls I had already placed. 8 weeks later still no bracelet, they agreed to give me Living Social bucks which are worthless because i don't trust their merchants and they don't represent anything in my area. The closest thing is 260 miles away. I am out $50 and have nothing to show for it. They are awful and should be avoided at all costs. It was an expensive lesson but lesson learned. Living Social is awful, doesn't stand behind the offers and will give you the run around at any given opportunity.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Just move on because the hassle and frustration that you will pay for isn't worth it.

sharonj18
10/22/14

Living Social has burned me for the last time!! Deceptive and ridiculous practices to lure you into the purchase and then once you've purchased…….. bada-bing…. they hit you with all the details that would have dissuaded you from purchasing in the first place! I purchased a NASCAR DRIVING EXPERIENCE for my hubby and when I went online to redeem, surprise surprise…. I could only book during May, July and August. But wait, that's not the bad part…. there are only two days in each MONTH you can book….. Friday or Saturday AND within those two days only FOUR time slots 8, 10, 12 & 2. Still not the worst part……The voucher user can only book the 8am time slot! In essence, I could choose 8 am for two days in each month! WHERE, I SAY WHERE, DID IT STATE THAT IN THE DEAL DETAILS??? NOWHERE!!! I went online to try to redeem and come to find out Voucher purchasers can't book online anyway because of the restrictive time slots. Why don't they tell you those things????

josephs85
10/13/14

I will never buy any coupon from livingsocial. I had a very bad experience with Detail City in Pontiac, Michigan. They had me dropped my car 10am. By 3pm when I checked with them it was not even started to wash it. The business owner was rude and unprofessional. He used foul languages toward me.

Tip for consumers: It is not worth for what we think is a saving by buying the deals. Stay away from living social.

rc50
10/11/14

I had not been on living social for years but kept receiving email deals and viewing those deals. One day I received an email promoting a deal on tickets. The membership prove was good so I thought why not? I clicked on it and it showed a lesser price good for the balance of ten minutes and the clock was ticking. So I tried to log on but I couldn't due to inactivity. So I clicked on the reset password option and followed the instructions. Took about 3 min. I still should have time to catch the lesser price deal right? .... Wrong. Living Social waited to send the email until the lesser price deal expired and then sent it so I had to pay the higher price. Those are just shady, gimmicky, greedy unethical marketing techniques. So I didn't purchase anything. Cost them all instead of just the discount difference. I would have purchase anyway but I won't be manipulated into paying more. Bad bad business marketing guys..... Do you have a guy named Jim working ther? I used to work for a guy named Jim and this style of marketing has his name written all over it

Tip for consumers: Update your password now so you don't lose out.

carolyne9
10/9/14

Bought a tablet for £39 which I paid to Living Social. I paid £9.99 to the vendor for delivery. I emailed on a daily basis after two weeks had passed.
I was told it had been dispatched three times.
Living Social said the voucher had expired and they couldn't refund.
Absolute fraudsters. It is almost two months and no item or refund. They should not be allowed to trade

Tip for consumers: Steer well clear of Living Social I wish I had

klarav
10/6/14

Beware! Once they got your money - forget about it. Yeah, yeah - disclaimers etc.
But is it ridiculous to expect your money back, if the merchant have not provided what is promised?
That is what happened to me: I have purchased a gift certificate for my spouse. He contacted the merchant, who didn't answer the phone for days, then booked event, then cancelled it, booked another date, promising to call and never did.
I bought it to please my husband, and he was not pleased anymore.
I called LivingSocial for help, which they promised, but never did. Then wrote a letter asking for refund - well... read the first line.
Will never use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Find another one

ingrida1
10/3/14

I purchase a set of sheets from living social they delivered it to a different address and will not refund me my money I did not receive my item :{ Living Social sucks :{

mariettag1
10/2/14

Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The customer service rep, Loretta told me that they would take my issue to the Oprah rep at Living Social and resolve it so everyone got an equal refund. They stated an answer would be provided in 24 hrs. I received a call back 4 days later telling me to call Living Social. I did and was told I would be issued $100 in Living Social bucks for future deals, no refunds...this is false advertising and blatantly unfair since I know people at the event received refunds. Do not throw your money away using Living Social. You will not get what you paid for and they do not care about customer service. I am posting this on the Oprah web site and complaining to the BBB. Ridiculous and basically theft of services.

Tip for consumers: Ok, I bought a Living Social Oprah experience for $999 based upon a post on the Oprah website to send her in Newark. The experience advertised floor seats, facing the stage in the thick of the action with Oprah. I found out when I arrived that I was NOT on the floor but 17 rows up in Sec 9. I was not facing the stage either, but on the side. I called Living Social from the event as the women next to me in line told me she complained to Living Social and was issued a $300 refund. The custom

disappontedcustomerc
9/30/14

I recently bought a coupon from living social. The coupon price was asked from the living social itself and delivery charges to the respective company, www.GroundLevel.co.uk. I'm always afraid of spending online, and as expected, never received my product nor the refund and nobody answers the phone or email on both sides. beware!

Tip for consumers: SCAM and BULL****

suej16
9/23/14

How do they get away with it? We have consumer rights and trading standards yet this website can screw and swindle people blatantly.I purchased a deal for a meal at an Indian Restaurant yet when I clickef My Vouchers Id apparently used it! Ive emailed their customer service team twice and waiting for a reply.My voucher conveniently runs out Sept28.Dont let them swindle you keep away!

Tip for consumers: Try Groupon

bonniea10
9/21/14

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!.
This is one of the worst out there. They lure you in with low prices, take your money IMMEDIATELY from your account and then send you some bull$#*! coupon code to use with the vendor. My particular vendor did not have a place for the code to be used! I basically lost everything and can do nothing about it but warn others.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE! YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

tracys45
9/11/14

I have bought some purchases on Living Social but the one huge problem I had with a service not honoring the coupon Living Social refused to give me even a credit towards another deal and there was no way I was going back to that business. So if you have an issue with a deal your on your own!

Tip for consumers: Restaurants seem to be safest purchases, beware of services performed deals!

brittanys17
8/29/14

My boyfriend helped me purchase a deal on livingsocial. We waited for weeks and we never even received a shipping confirmation but the transaction went through on Paypal. We were busy so we didn't have the time to contact them, but when we finally did, they replied saying that they would send us a redemption code or a follow-up email but they never did.

Basically they took our money and didn't even bother to offer a refund. We don't want a redemption code for WHEN and IF the deal comes back on. We will no longer be purchasing any deals on this site. WHAT A SCAM.

veew1
8/28/14

I've had good luck with Living Social for event tickets, but bad luck with products. It would appear that their products come from China because the quality is questionable, and the shipping times are lengthy. They also add shipping costs that are not disclosed in the initial descriptions. I'll stick to using them for any good ticket discounts and that's it.

Tip for consumers: Use them for event tickets, not products!

iw29
8/27/14

Living Social is a scam... it shows from what I experienced with the Air Duct cleaning services. The fine print covers hardly anything and the hidden charges are very costly. If I hired a local company, I could have done it with some reasonable price. Finally, I did not use their service and wasted my time. Never want to use any deals with LS again. LS refund policy is complex. Unhappy customer.

deborahm19
8/16/14

I have ordered 3 products. 336 Finish Dishwasher tablets. A Clever Cover for the clothesline and a Babybliss Pro 2 Volare hairdryer (salon quality). I received each item within the time frames they advertised and am very happy with my purchases.
One minor problem was that they send a Shipping Confirmation when they have sent an item. I got the Shipping Confirmation for the first item received last. So initially I was expecting the Clever Cover to arrive first because I'd had confirmation of it being sent, but I received the dishwasher tablets first with no confirmation which finally came last. So apart from a bit of confusion all turned out well .
I have ordered a product today and which offered two different size options. I adjusted my choice to the bigger size and my hair type but when I pressed order now it defaulted back to the smaller size offer. I rang them and the lady said they would get back to me within 5 days to see if they can change the order to the other offer. We will see what happens!

kims67
8/13/14

This has never happened with Groupon. We will never trust Living Social again. We purchased a $79 window cleaning coupon from Luminous Shine, and were unable to schedule the cleaning throughout the promotional period. Luminous Shine phone lines were forwarded to a voicemail that acknowledged they were unable to answer and directed "living social coupon purchasers" to a second phone number at which the voice mail box was constantly full. The only time it was possible to reach Luminous Shine was after the Promotional deadline for the deal was past. At that point, Luminous Shine was unwilling to honor the promotional price but willing to apply the coupon price paid toward a window cleaning that was several hundred dollars more. This was an obvious scam and Living Social is now unwilling to refund the $79 we paid. Instead, Living Social offered us $15 toward a future Living Social deal....NEVER AGAIN. Beware of deals that look too good, the company's that offer them, and Living Social, who is willing to represent those companies.

khalids1
8/13/14

They are $#*!ing bastard cheating people,my voucher did not come and when I contacted them they said the voucher expired and they refused to give me refund, I don't know how on earth such web site go unnoticed cheating people, they are not bothered about their one star rating, they are all fraudster and cheaters, not honest at all.

alys124
8/11/14

WARNING!!! Don't buy from this place!!! EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM HASNT BEEN ABLE TO BE REDEEMED!!

Online course: code didn't work, company won't respond, living Social say it's not their problem

Day Spa: closed down, couldn't redeem, living social say it's not their problem

Restaurant Dinner: voucher not valid and they never had a deal with living social, living social say it's not their problem

Pet Product: email requesting an addition $13 for delivery, living social say it's not their problem

I've also been charged by them for items I didn't buy! Living social say I must have bought them and not their problem!!

There have been too many issues to list! I CANT BELIEVE THEY HAVNT BEEN SHUT DOWN YET BUT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

DODGY COMPANY

ar5268
8/5/14

I just want to start off by saying how dissatisfied and underwhelmed I was when I arrived to my hotel Barcelo in Los Cabos San Jose. We stayed at the same hotel a year ago and it was absolutly an amazing vacation we didn't leave the resort once. This is the same hotel company as the other and there is only 1 Barcelo in Cabo. When I asked customer service about the change apparently it happened 8 months ago that they moved a couple of buildings down. When I purchased this voucher I had the idea I was purchasing the same hotel that I stayed at Barcelo a year ago. It's on the same street and the photos online look exactly like the first hotel we stayed at a year ago but that's very deceiving. First off none of the waterfalls in the whole building worked. Our beach front ocean view was obstructed by construction everywhere. Our refrigerator did not work. There were $#*!roaches in the room and in the buffet area. The ac was barely blowing and we were just as hot inside as we were outside. When I went to customer service they just shrugged their shoulders . When I called living social from Mexico I was told I could get a 50 dollar credit. 50 dollars won't make a dent in the amount I paid for this whole vacation to be staying at a horrible disgusting hotel. I asked if I could at least get a cheaper hotel in the area to accommodate me for the my horrible experience and I was pretty much dismissed. I am so upset about this whole deal it was far from a vacation and I had to spend even more money to eat out because we didn't want to eat any of the roach infested food. All of the awards this hotel had showing in their lobby was from 2013 when they were at the other location. I've been using living social for a long time and have had nothing but great experiences until now. I'm very disappointed at how they handled my complaint and offered me 50 dollars In living social vouchers. After this I will never use living social again and I will spread the word by mouth and reviews. I'm very angry and upset that I waisted my money on a vacation that was far from feeling like a vacation. Not to mention I talked my friends into getting this voucher as well now I look like the fool for recommending such a terrible hotel.

pault46
8/1/14

I purchased a shoe rack through Living Social from the company - Ez Innovations as a present for my wife. The product proved to be totally unfit for purpose. I contacted both organisations seeking a refund. Ez Innovations replied promising to get back to me. I assume this was an automated response. Living Social have refused to offer a refund or provide any assistance in resolving this issue.
I would advise anybody to be extremely careful when dealing with this organisation as they obviously do not vet the services or providers they have on their site. This could leave a person exposed to very dubious operators using this platform to move their inferior, defective and shoddy goods and services. Living Social strike me as a mercenary organisation with no regard for the customers using their service.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: yesterday i bought a deal - livingsocial have taken the money , but i have received no email , nor is there a voucher in my LS account , i have contacted them 3 times with no reply , has anybody had a response from them when there is a problem? wondering how long i should expect to wait to a reply, thank you
8/1/13
sarahw7
A: Is there a review from someone with details on their experience with livingsocial.com? I just dropped money on a deal and I'm not sure how my groupon even gets to me. Please help.
6/11/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

11 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial