US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephanies4

I've never had an issue where I had to call customer service so that could be another story...but overall...I'm happy. (in 325 reviews)

lesleye

Purchased a Next deal where i paid £15 for £30 to spend at Next. (in 558 reviews)

amyp4

I got prompt reply for any of my questions from customer service And as far as Credit Card Information. (in 100 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robina32
5/5/16

I purchased 2 separate vouchers for chanterelle cooking school ( 2 vouchers for 2 people each )
So basically for four people ...it turned out to be a scam ....my friend and I paid $ 20 each for the train to get to Manhattan only to find out when we arrived at the " so called school " which was basically a residential apartment building ....apparently other residents of that building complained and they had to Close the school and the police were called....... I was extremely disturbed that living social would back this school that was scamming people and then they refused to give me cash back because ...when I purchased these tickets living social automatically used other deal bucks to pay for this outing they want to give me deal bucks ...but I'm closing the account so the deal bucks will be useless so apparently I'm out $ 140.00 which is a lot of money for me....I contacted Living Social to alert them to this situation one woman laughed the entire time and said she escalated the situation but apparently did nothing....I didn't hear anything for a week so I called back I spoke to three different women the last woman was Katrlyn and she would only return my money in deal bucks or ( phony money ) even though my friend and I were scared to death when we got to this place living social is still refusing to pay me back cash ....and
My friends gave me cash and I need to pay them back but living social will only give me deals bucks so I'm closing my account and would like to go to a news station or a newspaper to help prevent others from getting caught in this situation in the future...right now I'll settle for Yelp

wesleys31

Awesome website

ginab27
5/3/16

When I want to try something different and knew this is where I go. If I want to try things with a bunch of different people this is where I go. I love the fact that they offer all these different activities and deals and different states. You don't need 100 different apps to do one thing. This is your One-Stop shopping for any state or city you're in.

dawng25
5/3/16

Great deals on vacations and food.

aracelil
5/3/16

If you live in a big city, this site is awesome; a must have. You can get two for one deals, eat out with a friend, and end up only paying for yourself, making your friend think you've just bought them dinner haha. I also find out about events going on near me that I otherwise wouldn't have known about. Now I know, and I also have a discount for it!

farinazt
5/3/16

My first time with Living social! I ordered blue sheets received beige. They say I they can only refund (after I package and return the items)! And they cannot have the vendor ( OpenSky) send the correct color!
Very disappointing experience.

gloriac39
5/2/16

I have bought some wonderful things from LS and some not so great things. LS has refunded my money without a huge hassle. More times often than not I am satisfied with my purchases.

robinc57
4/28/16

They are the only company I deal with that is so good on returns and customer services. I love them.

aishan3
4/28/16

Huge discount, service can be better. But still love it.

ananyag
4/27/16

Another antiquated business that needs you to create yet another marginal internet account instead of using top-level single sign on SSO providers ie. Google

sophieh22
4/25/16

nice site

gilliand4
4/18/16

Recently I had bought the jeans paint from famous shop I had got 25% discount on that jeans because I am the existing customer.

shellym42
4/12/16

I get way too much spam from these guys

sindeef
4/11/16

I like living social and have used them for several things they seem to have some pretty good deals however last week I found that something that I had bought was going to expire on April 7th I noticed it on the 5th and there was no way that I could use it before the expiration date I tried to find out how I could get a refund for the item before it expired it was impossible to figure it out and there is no phone number to be able to call them. I figure I have just lost my money now because I can't figure out how to get ahold of them to refund the item it is now past the 7th which is the day that it expired and I still am sitting here trying to figure out how to contact them to cancel this item they need a little bit better contact system for their customers.

davidb471
4/11/16

have used for items and local events that I normally would have never done!!! Excellent experience

andyg52
4/10/16

I purchased 4 tix for use at my local movie theater. Useless to try and redeem. When I tried to ask for refund or voucher it was no go. Compared to other like sites, this was appears more as a pyramid scam than anything else

maxine-victora
4/9/16

I used to use Living Social a lot more, but lately I feel like they could have some better deals, as least in my location. Usually the things that come up for my "area" are not very close. I was thankful for their Cirque du Soleil discount though, and I got to enjoy the show.

elizabetho36
4/6/16

I have found so many awesome deals on Living Social. And they give you extra discount promo codes to use so you save even more. And unlike Groupon, I've never had any customer service issue or received the wrong product. Their sellers are reputable companies in my experience.

clarag14
4/6/16

I've found some great deals in the past but my latest purchase never arrived. After two months I decided to reach out to the company but found it impossible to write them an email. I finally found a number but the lines were close until the next day.

The next morning, I called in, was on hold for 10 minutes (not an exaggeration, it really was 10mins!) and then some zombie receptionist told me she'd just give me the refund as there was not sign of transit. No explanation, no apology, no lively attitude.

I was a huge fan of LivingSocial - I am so bummed its underbelly looks like this... You guys need to invest in proper customer care!!

kellym68
4/5/16

Good restaurants, hair salons, etc...speak for themselves. They do not need to advertise through this site. After a few bad experiences, we have stayed clear of these and Groupon deals. After using a deal through one of these sites to get my hair colored, I had to spend over $350 to get the green out of the ends of my hair and I found that we were treated poorly at the restaurants using these discounts. Most of them either have gone out of business.or are on their way out if they have started using this site or Groupon to draw in customers. You can find good restaurants, salons, etc....just by looking up the top ten in your area!

bennyf3
4/2/16

I have never had a problem with them. Sometimes they have great deals on technology. I will continue to use them.

ehuda
4/1/16

Yep, one of the top deal of the day sites for sure

monicac37
3/31/16

This one is a close 2nd to Groupon

sharonc64
3/29/16

I had purchased a Smart Watch through Living Social, but the watch was not so smart afterall! I recorded the defects and sent it to Living Social. I was glad to receive a full refund for the cost of the watch as well as postage charges!

jilliana6
3/22/16

love the deals

rodrigod5
3/22/16

I have to admit I've never ordered a physical product, only certificates and this time a very reduced CostCo membership. I also get a pack of 20 batteries free and some other hefty discounts. Please be aware that I give it 5 stars based on only a few orders I placed on LivingSocial, never purchased anything physical.

chase165
3/19/16

Living Social customer support is EXTREMELY harassing!! It was very difficult to get the simplest things accomplished with their account reps! Finally, I grew tired of being abused by Living Social, and decided to stop ALL campaigns! Then, Living Social reps contacted me relentlessly!! I had to threaten LEGAL ACTION against them if they didn't stop emailing and calling me!!

sukanyam
3/18/16

Very very bad service!!! I was order so many things on LivingSocial before was good!! But now i am stop to buy any more! Because

My Order still don't get it i was Order on 3/01/16 and other things on until now i don't it!!!

katherines24
3/15/16

I discover this site last week and order few things. I was bit nervous when I was ordering. But when I got my order, I was just wondering. Great quality and great experience.

nadisc
3/14/16

Great experience everytime!

lucyb22
3/14/16

Groupon pays 60% if you price your deals right. Like a 90 MIN Swedish for $45 to 65. 60 MIN Swedish from $29 to $42.

If you sell alot, you can Increase prices. When I did my first $29 deal in Walnut Creek, CA, I sold over 110 vouchers. You get paid whether it's redeemed or not just make sure you do the deal with a rep.

tamarac15
3/12/16

I have purchase two vochure through them and one made an appointment and the rescheduled due to a truck malfunction and then they never showed up and never returned my phone call after. I deciede to give them another try and purchase another voucher for services and the people will not return my calls or emails to schedule the services.

jacquil8
3/10/16

Have waited since 21st January for a delivery of eygptian towels . I think i have spent more money on phone calls than the towels are worth. I am being fobbed off by both living social and ground level .

mindyr8
3/7/16

I love LS but as with any site like this, READ THE FINE PRINT! Don't complain later because you didn't ask questions first. I've scored some great deals with LS and will continue to use it.

casik
3/4/16

Really good job! We had seriously challenging carpet stains and Dimitry did an excellent job and was very helpful and pleasant to have working in our house. He arrived when he said he would, cleaned up after himself and we highly recommend Dimitry and Quick & Green.

P.S. "Loving carpet cleaning no matter how good would be a little odd:)"

rikkiv1
3/3/16

They have great customer service as representative answered the phone immediately and satisfied all my request as is usually the case

nicolep22
2/29/16

Ok so this is great. This is where I get discounts for nights away, getting photos printed and jewellery gifts. You purchase the coupon for the set price from living social so for example, latest coupon was for a 93 watch for just 16 with the coupon so you purchase the coupon with living social for 16 and you receive a code. The e-mail will have a link for the product purchase from the original website. I went on and added the 93 watch to basket, went to checkout and applied coupon and it was discount to 16 and then amount due 0.00 as I had already paid the 16 to living social.it sounds confusing I know but the emails have links which helps a lot. Coupons for snapfish for getting 100 photos printed for 3 plus postage is brilliant. Also great deals on houseware. Well worth a look

bobs223
2/29/16

Always great experience never never had problems.
Outstanding Customer Service.
Last week my husband and I dicovered new great restaurant in Toronto.
Thanks to the promotion!

keyaw
2/29/16

I have been a loyal living social consumer and I've been pleased each time. I just recently purchased discounted tickets for the studio movie grill. A neat movie theater mixed with a restaurant vibe. Amazing! I also purchased 3 cryotherapy sessions for only $30!!! The original price for three sessions is $200. Needless to say, living social is heaven sent for a frugal being like myself.

freddym20
2/25/16

I nice website, a bit slow at times, but I went there solely because of sitejabber

sergiot8
2/25/16

Decent website, neat and clean feeling, plenty of ideas.

michellel114
2/24/16

Booked a vacation through Living social to the Dominican Republic. Got to Newark Airport landed in Punta Cana. Got a taxi to take us to our hotel and no one ever heard of it. We went to 2 different hotels and still no one knew it. We waited in the lobby of the last hotel only to be told we were suppose to be in puerto plata. We then had to pay out of pocket $325 and a 6 hour cab ride to our hotel that in Living Soclal clearly booked wrong. We were booked through United airlines which lost my luggage for 3 days so I arrived with nothing at all. The hotel was old and outdated the first room was disgusting the second the bathroom shower flooded and we switched rooms 3 times in 2 days. We then had to pay out of pocket to have United Airlines change our flight to Puerto Plata and they would not waive the $200 charge which was Living Socials fault. Overall a disaster and will never ever book a trip thru them!
BE WARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Never Ever book a vacation with Living Social! You'll take your $$$ and throw it in the garbage!

ts152
2/22/16

Great products and customer service

wilhelminae
2/22/16

I love Living Social you get good bargains and cheap shipping I would recommend this site to family and friends and customer care is great.

msg6
2/21/16

My husband and I have gotten great hotel deal with meals and really enjoyed the perks. Highly recommend trying this site!!

denisey1
2/21/16

Living social is a great way to try new businesses, i have found my favorite restaurants, hairdresser, and hotels by using living social.. I hoghly recommend them.

ginaa9
2/20/16

The site also removes any negative feedback...surprise, surprise

shirleyh71
2/19/16

I like the things I have purchased from Living Social. Some of them are unique and would be hard to find anyplace else.
The only negative for me ( personal thing) is that sometimes the Voucher system is a little bit confusing. I haven't been lucky enough to get friend to purchase something and get mine for less but maybe someday! Haven't given up yet!

bonniep31
2/17/16

Totally dissapointed by this comic book deal. Misleading to the extreme. It's not 50 to 75 comic books....it's 50. And only 8 are marvel comics. The rest are dc. The picture specifically shows marvel characters. It should have fine print at least.

starb8
2/14/16

Convenient inexpensive shopping!

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/2/16
Add your answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other customers.

12 Coupons for LivingSocial

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LivingSocial to save!
Go to LivingSocial