US Government's NSF

1920 L Street, NW, 6th Floor
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 1-800-498-1909
support@liquidation.com

People interested in Liquidation.com are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samuelp9

The customer service is really almost non-existant. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

fkk
7/29/15

Some things to consider:
1. If you buy return merchandise, it may be non-functional.
2. You will get some lots of lemons.
3. You absolutely do not open a paypal dispute or credit card dispute unless absolutely necessary or your account will be closed.
4. only buy from the few specific big seller id "onlinereturn", "Acer", "Sony", "liquidationresale","techexess", "globaltech" etc

Pro:
fast, readily available customer service.
very fast handling time
easy to use website.
warranty is great in which prepaid labels are provided for you.

I buy electronics for resale, around 25-50 lots per month and it has been quite profitable and now accounts for ~25% of my inventory.

I've had to open dispute on about a dozen lots and was always treated fairly. all the complaints you see are clearly people who are just small time newbs trying to get rich.

lovellad
6/22/15

I bought a Home Depot load from these folks. 8800 dollars and every piece was damaged. When i emailed them and told them I would be giving them bad reviews, they threatened their lawyers would "slam down on me." What a joke. They are definitely a scam. Said they could make it right if I wanted to send them thousands of dollars for another load.

bridgett38
6/19/15

I waited 10 days for a decision . Surprise it was in the sellers favor .

The seller allowed the sofa to leave like that and wrapped all 5 items with wrapping paper 18feet tall all together flipped the couch upside down so I would never notice the hooks which attach to another section of the sofa which was not mentioned on the details.
Liquidation has no respect for my time or expenses because they figured I signed off on the paperwork that the items were accounted for.
Yes I saw the 5 items. Counted 1,2,3,4,5 and so that part was agreed upon.

So let's say I noticed the sofa incomplete while at their warehouse? Am I supposed to leave with nothing because the seller tried to pull a fast one on me? Who was going to pay my delivery guy for waisting my time and his time if I said something on the spot. Either way I would have had to pay my delivery helper because the seller new exactly what he did and in good faith should have gone over and beyond to complete my order which was already paid for. Instead they won't allow me to log in or see my tranaction details. What did I do?
☑They do have sofas that are one piece but the ends of each side look the same. I expected that when I counted my 5 pieces which were other items separate from the sofa.

maryk78
5/30/15

Return process was obstructive for an item that broke after wearing it once

mikea77
5/21/15

Liquidators.com not only allow garbage to be sold on their website, but also falsified transaction receipts when disputing a claim made against them thru credit card company. They only give you 48 hours to file dispute against merchandise, however, this is not enough time for testing electronic or powered merchandise.

In one particular shipment, the item advertised as being the highlight of the auction was replaced with another less expensive item.

Stay clear away from them and ALL of their affiliates.

williamj46
5/12/15

Made 2 orders.First order: Fed X tried to deliver a 15 lbs box that was supposed to be a 265 Lbs pallet. When I refused to accept and filled dispute they cancelled my account while shipment 2 was on its way. Shipment 2 was a 4k Sony TV represented as "SONY REFURB" you cant watch a TV that screen is broken like a spider web. Had to pay an Authorized SONY repair technician to tell them it was broken. Tech and return postage fees was 300+ dollars. Like pissing it to the wind. But you go ahead and buy from them you will learn that PayPal Ebay and Liquidation are all in cahoots. Trace it back you will find this is the truth.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THEM

mikec154
4/24/15

HELLO EVRYONE I SEE A LOT OF BUYERS RECIEVING WRONG, DAMAGED, OR DIRTY ITEMS I AM OR MAYBE I SHOULD SAY I WAS A SELLER ON LIQUIDATION.COM I SOLD AN AUCTION FOR ABOUT $8,000.00 SO I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE I MADE A GOOD PROFIT WITH MY AUCTION SO I SHIPPED IT AND WAITED UNTIL THE BOX WAS DILIVERED SO I CAN RECIEVE MY MONEY BUT I RECIEVED IT OVER 3 WEEKS LATER ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT IM MISSING $2000 SO I EMAILED AND CALLED AND SEARCHED AND EVERYTHING I CAN DONTO GET THE REST OF MY MONEY BUT ITS ALREADY BEEN OVER 3 MONTHS LATER AND I HAVNT RECIEVED ANYTHING THEY DIDNT EVEN RESPOND TO MY EMAILS AND EVERY TIME I CALL THEY EITHER WONT ANSWER OR WHEN THEY DID AND FOUND OUT ITS ME ASKING ABOUT MY MONEY THEY WOULD HANG UP ON ME SO NOW INSTEAD OF MAKING $1000 I ENDED UP LOOSING $1000 NOT TO MENTION THE TIME AND ENERGY I WASTED. TRUST ME THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTAL SCAM AND YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY OR SELL ANYTHING ON LIQUIDATION.COM

mariar49
3/25/15

i buy and auction from GIga Buy they selling brand new knifes comes with a cutboard,picture was good i pay and expensive shipping cost and went i open the box i was surprise there no quality in those items most come with black mold there no good for sale even if i try to given away,i try to contact costumer service but i think there not having one, i call and the lady told me the dispute only work if you send and email, they didn't care about costumers,before i having a good experience, i fell scamm from Giga Buy they selling crap from china.

vickiw11
3/10/15

Excited to be buying my first lot of "designer children's clothing," such as Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Guess, Nautica.........has turned out to be the most frustrating nightmare of anything I've ever done. I see liquidation.com advertisements everywhere, so ASSUMPTIONS are costly. Pay attention to the review sites and experiences of others, and if you see mostly ripoffs, then trust the consumer. I am one of them, and being a business person I fell for the stellar advertisements. Also, BBB is NOT the place to go to find out about a company. I've experienced this before, and have talked to others who have checked with them as well. Liquidation.com has an A+ rating, so enough said about this. Everything seemed fine at first. I got an email stating that I had won this auction, so in order to receive my merchandise faster I paid by credit card in the amount of $451.33. Ok, get excited and wait!!!

Approximately 2 weeks later I received one box(it was supposed to be 2), opened it, and when I saw the merchandise on the top I dug deeper and realized I had been ripped off. There were at least 25 little boys clip-on ties(mind you not designer,) and some has been cut in half. Shorts that I doubt WalMart would carry.....more like a salvage store. Some of the baby items had either vomit or feces on them. There were rubber toys, cheap ugly water bottles. The boys Nautica shorts were missing the metal closure and the fabric was torn. There were many round balls that looked like cat toys or maybe Christmas ornaments, There were 45 pairs of RL socks, which were nice, but certainly will not sell enough for a profit. 1 Calvin Klein shirt boys, 1 3T Hilfiger boys shirt, 1 sz. 8 RL boys shirt, Women's sz. 4L slacks by American Outfitters, 1 Adidas boys sport shirt. This was all I received of "designer clothing."

This is when the trouble started, and I was quite sure it was going to be a problem. I filled out the form they have on their website stating that this was misrepresentation. I attempted this about 6-7 times before it went through. I also sent pictures they requested after I filed. I waited until the next day hoping to hear from them. Nothing!! So, I decided to call them to tell them I had filled out the form on their website. The girl that answered said they didn't get it, so I sent....not one, but two again. Still no correspondence. So, I sent an email telling them that I was very unhappy and this lot had been misrepresented. They answered and said I would have to fill out the dispute form, which I did right away. The form stated that their decision would be final, so I added "when the customer is satisfied," then the transaction would be final. Two days later I got the expected email that they had not received pictures or any correspondence from me, and because it wasn't done their decision was final(in their favor.) I tried once again to send an email because I emailed pics. again. Nothing..........so, called them again and told me there was nothing they could do.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Just for the sake of all of us, DO NOT do business with them. More than likely you'll be horrified as well.

donnab48
3/6/15

Shame on me. I just opened three boxes of absolutely nasty dirty rags! Total garbage and not fit to clean up my dogs yard deposits. Do not buy the "name brand clothing " unless you consider kmart and walmart brands designer labels. I can pair this with the cheap plastic handbags that smell like gas. It is my fault - if it sounds to good to be true, blah blah blah.

ch11423
3/4/15

I did not read the reviews here until after I had already purchased a lot of makeup from Liquidation.com. When the boxes arrived, I opened them immediately for fear of what they would contain. I ordered 1200 pieces of shelf pull makeup. The makeup was in good condition. However, most of it was either trial sizes or lip liners which are very hard to sell online. Fortunately, I also run a thrift store, so I am currently selling them there. I do expect to make a profit, but nowhere near what I was hoping. Liquidations are always a risk to buy. However, first-time buyers should always buy small amounts until they are aware of what type of items they are going to receive from the seller.

haix
2/13/15

I bought some jewelry from them and they all turn out to be so ugly and cheap looking. I'll never buy from them again.

janaj4
2/5/15

Do not throw your money away with this company. You will just be buying nothing but garbage. I ordered a pallet of 100 purses from them. Needless to say when I opened the box I was horrified. This is nothing but salvaged material that they pieced together that no one wanted. I can not even give these bags away, not to mention the stitching looks like it was done by a 2 year old. 90 percent of the merchandise is damaged. You might have a blue purse with a yellow lining, a red zipper and the inside pocket may be made of orange simulated leather. The outside has plastic pieces glued on the purse and the other metal pieces are bent. Some of them had slime on the outside of the bag and the plastic wrapping was stuck to the bag. Also the inside smells like mold. I guess I will have to use these for firewood because I doubt I can give them away. I have never seen such useless junk in my life. I could have just taken a match and set $260 on fire. Take my advice and steer as far clear of this place as you can. Nothing but a scam and old pieced together damaged goods made in China. I can only hope that child laborers did not make this junk. Feeling disgusted

davidm239
1/20/15

I have had a few transactions with this company. Like the other posters said be very careful what you bid on. I bought some new amateur radios and they were just as described. I was pleased. Then I went out on the limb and spent over 3 grand for a new "open box" lot. Well there was a lot of good things but a lot of junk too. First, two of the 5 featured items were not even in there. Simply it was worth about half of what I paid. I put in a dispute. I have never dealt with a more unhelpful, rude customer service department ever. They send form emails, they do not answer the phone. Just terrible. I won my dispute but it took way over a month. I only won because the auction description was listed as new. So my advice is to never buy anything but new, name brand surplus.

alenat1
11/24/14

Just a warning for everyone. There is a seller on the Liquidation.com with a name TabletHaven selling "100 New 18K White Gold Plated Necklaces with Swarovski Crystals"
It's not real, cheap items you'll not able to sell for $1. The Liquidation.com know about this and not doing anything to protect buyers.

astridq
10/10/14

Do not waste your money, you are just giving it away to buy garbage. You are better off cruising the neighborhood for junk people have put on the sidewalk as garbage. That will be in a better state and you may really find good stuff. Do not buy anything from this site,

suej14
7/6/14

Got returns of bedding, yes thought I would have some dirt and have to wash, but I got pillows with Blood on them.. Bio hazard beware..asked for credit for these items, declined. I have bought before from them and had shortages of items they declined my request for credit on these items too.. They entice you with pictures of a few good items and than the balance of the items are usually junk. Hence pillows with BLOOD on them.

michaelt55
4/9/14

Ordered over 4 grand in new product and it is absolutely made in china junk! Looks very nice in the pictures but they dont ship whats in the pictures. Majority of the earing lots are plastic. Yes plastic earings but on description designer earings. Never heard of a designer selling plastic earings. Call the company and they dont give a rip. They just lock you out of there website so you cant submit their dispute forms.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!! I promise you the one or two good reviews you read are the sellers they protect. Of course there happy because they let them rip people off.

musm
3/13/14

Be aware !! This company sends junk 90% of the time !! Even auctions that say new, you will receive dirty and outdated items !! Nothing like the pictures show. Not even close !! Will not answer any questions. No way to leave any feedback. No way to warn others about the bait and switch !! Pictures look pretty and items are NOTHING like what you will receive !! I guarantee that !! Consider yourself warned !! DO NOT purchase from them. Besides charging a HUGE shipping charge, you will get crap !! If you want to purchase, make sure you only buy from the ones that show ACTUAL pictures of the merchandise you will receive AND have a detailed manifest. Any others are at your own risk and I promise you, you will receive garbage. Won an auction for all bracelets. Prices ranging from $9.99 to $49.99 each--that description stated. What did I receive ?? A box with pins, broken earrings and cheap plastic bracelets that only a small child would wear. NOTHING that would retail for $65.99 AT ALL, let alone $129.99 each !! I also received a large amount of I am not sure what. Too big for bracelets and too small for necklaces. Guess I paid for their leftover junk !! Not happy at all and I will tell anyone and everyone I know to NOT do business with this company !!

michaelh72
2/15/14

Liquidity Services, Inc., and at least one of their sellers, believes false advertising of products is not wrong. One of their online sellers, Scentsations582012, listed a pack of video games, for the Sony PS3, as 'shelf-pulls'. Unfortunately, I fell for the fraud, because I won the bid only to receive a box with the fifty games that were in PATHETIC condition. All but one had been opened, several were marked as 'Not for Resale' and 3 were missing the players guides. Communicating with them is pointless. They appoint themselves as judge, jury and executioner and quickly deny your claim and inform you that the agreement nullifies you of any ability to seek retribution - even when fraud has been committed. It is apparent that they do not care about the buyers and are looking to protect and keep any money they may collect. I've communicated with the Washington D.C. BBB and have also corresponded with the Attorney General of both Indiana and Washington D.C. If you've been scammed, do not give up. These people need to be held accountable for their actions - and their sellers need to come out and reveal their true identity instead of hiding behind the user names.

millyl1
2/4/14

Please! if you are trying to sell stuff for your business. this is not place.
they sell cheap and not working products.
they sell fabric leftover stuff that were return from stores because they are defective.
please save time and do not deal with this websites.

there policy is soooo cheap that they called dispute and they don't give you enough time to handle return or what ever they called.
worst costumer service and produce selling ever!!

emilg10
1/23/14

Everything started when I purchased 4 cell phones, they never sent them so I called them... They said they were missing 2 of the 4 cell phones... I told them to give me a refund and they took 2 weeks but they did...stupid me, I purchased again $ 2000 worth of tables. After I paid and I received my tracking #, I tracked in the UPS website just to find out that they intercepted the boxes and ups return them back to them.... Their claim is that records show they also sent me the phones and I need to pay for them..... 2 days later I received the 2 phones and I sent them right back... now they suspended my account even though it was their mistake and they won't refund me my 2 grand... I called customer support and OMG.. first of all, the same people have like 3 different names... I spoke to Alex, he told me they won't give me a refund till I open a dispute. I told him that They intercepted the boxes, how is my dispute.? Then he hung up the phone, I called again and Alex answer again, I asked for a manager and he hung up again, I called again and now Alex became Eric....lol.... Now I being waiting for Eric to hear from the warehouse to make sure the items are in the same conditions they sent them.... Hellooo.... I never received them.....well its being two weeks and I m still waiting for a refund,,,, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Don't buy from this people. Don't make the same mistake I did..

eb346
1/21/14

I used this site about 8 years ago. Everything was fine and went perfectly. Lately I've been looking at them and it just appears to me that I just don't think that a lot of their stuff is actually liquidation stuff. I think that manufacturers are just purposely making lots to specifically call it a liquidation but it will never run dry, that is based on certain items selling on there. Some of it is actual liquidation and a person could do well selling items bought on there but you have to get the right price including fees and you have to have the right kind of store. I've just seen some lots that I think were soley created to be liquidations and that my friend is not a liquidation. that merchandise was never in a store or never intended to be in a store. Straight from factory to liquidation.com (just my opinion.) If you see a good bargin on there, search the web for the same thing. I found some sites with the same deals on the same number of items or better (that is some of the stuff I was talking about -since its not a real liquidation, others are selling it too.) I will still look on there but with a careful eye. I myself cant use returned merchandise or pallets of stuff that look all mangled or a pallet of 5 different items but many can.

kathyb27
12/13/13

I own two stores in the Nashville area for the past 15 yrs. I use to purchase from Liquidation.com when I first started in the business. It is a big waste of time and money to buy from this auction site. I just wanted to share some of my experience so anyone starting out in the Resale industry won't make the same mistakes I did.
First, there are no unbelievable cheap deals when it comes to buying liquidation. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS!! Liquidators know what the product is worth and they are not going to sell it for less than what the liquidation market will buy it for.
This does not mean you can't make great money off of there product. My normal return is 200-300% markup. There are very few products in this world that you can make that big of a profit margin. But don't think a Liquidation company is going to sell you a $100.00 pair of Ralph Lauren jeans for 10 bucks. It's just not going to happen.
Second: you have to build long term relationships with GOOD liquidation companies and find out what their best deals are. That is the problem with Liquidation.com, these guys are there to just make a quick buck selling junk they can't sell anywhere else.
Example: I buy all of my clothing from LiquidationGeneral.com These guys have the best deals and highest quality on clothing. Nobody can beat there prices and I sell it for a great profit. I don't buy their jewelry though. I don't think it is very good quality and the profit margins are small.
Example 2: I like buying cosmetics from Via Trading but I hate there clothing. Their clothing is cheap and I find a lot of defects in the loads. Their cosmetics I have found to be of good quality and make a decent profit margin.
These are just a couple of examples that I have found over the past 15yrs. I deal with multiple companies to make great profit margins.
Just wanted to add one last comment. If you deal with a liquidation company for a long time and are a good customer of theirs they will notify you first when something special comes in or if they are discounting an item. This gives you first choice at the best items. You will have to build up a good relationship with them though. Don't call them up and say your going to buy a lot of product in the future and expect them to give you the same deal as a long term customer.
Hope this helps a few of you to not make some of the mistakes I did when I first got started.
Kathy

joeh45
11/9/13

Roll the dice with this place. Overall if you are very careful and never put all your eggs in one nest, you will come out ahead. I have plenty of really good buys, and some buys that were based on misleading information, and sometimes just outright lies. When filing disputes you either get a fraction of your money back, or you get stonewalled and never see a penny. Last dispute was for 27 spinmop returns, but turns out it was only buckets and no spinmops. My claim was denied because I did not discover the problem until I left their site. I was told if I filed a claim through paypal they will close my account. Bottom line is they are crooked from sellers to management, but I keep buying because I still make money on 3 out 4 auctions. Oh, and if they agree to a claim at the warehouse, keep a copy of the claim. I trusted them and later they claimed it never happened. Shop at your own risk

fahrudino
10/12/13

Occasionally you can find some good deals there. BUT..eventually they will get you. Most items are junk, regardless what they label it as. Filing a dispute is pointless since you can't really win. STAY AWAY!!!

gracew14
9/25/13

Be EXTREMELY careful when purchasing from this place. There are some VERY dishonest sellers here and you will get ZERO help if you get screwed. If you get a good buy, count your blessings. But do not be fooled into thinking you can get lucky again and again - even from the same seller. NEVER get Returns or Salvage in the clothing category - if you happen to get a bad lot, you will NOT get your money back. Liquidation will screw you. Watch out for CKBargainsNC in clothing. Very dishonest! You may get a good deal, but it's only a matter of time before you will get a lot of junk in your package. ALWAYS count on having to throw out a percentage of lot. I cringe when I see really high bids. Remember they will always show you the BEST pictures, so if their best is not very impressive, STAY AWAY or pay as low as you can get it for.

And remember - Liquidation will NOT help you. They will side with the seller. Greedy horrible people.

kevv1
9/16/13

This liquidation service is full of s^#t. A bunch of horse relish fee sh^%t being charge, that's not my biggest problem, but instead it's the returns that are ridiculous.Very shady people as goes for the return policy is very BS. The paper said 90 days for any defects. Less than a month and they still wouldn't allow the return. Supposedly they have it in the terms about returning but I see nothing talking about how many days you can return the item if it's defective, broken, etc. They lack good customer service and I shall not spend tens of thousands of dollars on this company ever again. WORSE COMPANY EVER! HOPE EVERYONE READS THIS AND NOT SHOP AT THIS PATHETIC SITE! SAVE YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING ELSE!

scottc33
9/11/13

Good site with good deals on wholesale products!

ernestd5
7/17/13

This website is the biggest ripoff I have ever dealt.

I thought that Liquidation website was really good because of the auctions, prices, and high recommendations by CBS News and other professional, well-known businesses.

But, when I bid on an auction for $124, I saw the shipping price for it. It was outrageous. I have to pay both fees as well as taxes too for a total of over $740.

That was my first and last time bidding on an auction and ever going on the website.

If you are interested in joining Liquidation website, please be fully aware that you would be spending more money on shipping cost than you do with the auction cost.

samuelp9
5/1/13

The customer service is really almost non-existant. Their prices are great but actually getting the order to go through can sometimes be confusing, and it doesn't help that it's almost impossible to get a reply from customer service

cathyf2
5/1/13

VERY poor customer service. Buy from this company at your own risk, and God help you if you have a problem, because no one at http://liquidation.com will help you. I had a few good experiences, but the bad experience and lack of being able to resolve it overshadows everything else. I found them to be shady, and nobody at the company will return any calls, including the CEO!

chsritophers
3/18/13

Experience as a seller
Awesome site 5+ stars we sold a variety New, used and salvage products through liquidation.com for the past two years. There is really no online marketplace like liquidation.com for a seller or buyer. Liquidation does charge a minimum $30 fee per auction or 10% value fee what ever is greater to every auction but the cost of shipping is paid for by the buyer. I highly recommend liquidation.com to any person or company that has product they can not sell through a retail channel. Expect to get 50% of the items value most of the time.

Experience as a buyer
You can get great deals on some product but the quality varies. We have been buying on liquidation.com for the past 4 years and the experience has changed a lot. Most of the product we have purchased offered through the website is accurately described and usually arrives a week after you pay for the product via UPS or a pre-arranged shipping method. I do find it odd that every package(Even if it ways one pound) is a flat $40. Disputing misrepresented product can take up to two weeks not including shipping back time and the 3 days the seller has to inspect the goods but this is not a problem when you can purchase wholesale lots at a quarter of its value(Sometimes).

Ask Chsritopher [Pugetsoundelectronics Rep] about Liquidation.com
amandar9
7/22/11

Well read descriptions and not much info is offered if You ask questions. Be very careful and dot all the i.

benr3
3/8/11

My wife and I have spent several hundred dollars here. This is a legit site and you can get some good deals. I gave them 3 stars because you have to be careful of the shipping costs and the condition. They have a lot of "salvage" items that are really just that, junk. BUT... they have a lot of new items and shelf pulls that one could find great deals and the customer service department is easy to get on the phone if you need them. 3 Stars.