US Government's NSF

2029 Stierlin Ct
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: +1.6506873600
hostmaster@linkedin.com

People interested in LinkedIn are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kaseyp

Think of it as this way, Facebook with professional people ONLY! (in 30 reviews)

katief9

This website is really a great tool for every business especially for those job seekers. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jitendrar
8/28/15

This is the best SMO and Business Promotion site.

jaanikak
8/28/15

Landed a couple of jobs there. SO I think it's a pretty good site for networking and getting opportunities you wouldn't have in case you;re not registered there. What I don't like is paying a lot of money if i want to post a job and search for the right candidates.

mehmoodr
8/26/15

Looking for good business partner

tims86
8/17/15

Brilliant website for business connections and keeping in contact with professional members.

rubenq1
8/13/15

Professional and specific to goal of networking with professionals and co-workers, without too much informal socialization. Good for like minded business type people.

jimb163
8/7/15

Lead Ferret has my home phone number listed for a company and all of its employees. That company has been out-of-business for four years. One so-called employee left the company over 20 years ago, yet he is still listed. I get telemarketer calls from India thanks to Lead Ferret's crappy data. I have called Lead Ferret numerous times and they refuse to correct their database. I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they ignored that. I'm still getting phone calls. It's time for Lead Ferret to go out-of-business.

richarde23
7/26/15

for business contacts and articles in your field... The best!!

rosemaryw4
7/24/15

If you are job seeker or you are looking for your better future, Linkedin is the best platform for you

ronm52
7/24/15

I keep my LinkedIn profile up-to-date and have tried to utilize it as often as possible for searching for jobs, but their supply of non-profit openings is very limed, hence the mediocre rating.

matthewm73
7/19/15

Maybe I am just not getting something...What is the draw for this site? It's like someone took all the individual parts of all social media like games, notifications, intelligent info tracking on people. They removed those all from existence, and compiled the loser traits from what was left into this garbage site. Bare bones information, ridiculously absurd connection attempts, widespread pointless suggestions, and absolutely no purpose to this website as far as the mouse can roam. It seems this is the new-age version of those boards you find on university campuses full of posters and personal ads on people you really don't care about rambling on about some crap in their life that was purposefully avoided by all. Only reason for 2* is I get to use this site as a screening element. Oh you have a linkedIn profile? Great! Get your moronic self 5 states away from me, yesterday! You aren't worth my time.

nexusm
7/17/15

I have never received job offers from LinkedIn. They were worthless until they allowed people to network based on their Alumina.

regd4
7/15/15

LinkedIn - not very good site, but is really useful
I`ve found my current workplace here, thank you so much, it is great

deepikag1
7/9/15

I loved this professional social media site to get good job opportunity....+++++++++++

rianc4
7/9/15

Good professional networking

naeemk
7/1/15

GREAT

jenniferp42
6/30/15

TL;DR: It's a great place to post your resume and then never come back to again.

The site is free, and offers premium options you have to pay for monthly, such as adding larger photos, larger headers, and backgrounds to your profile; see which strangers that mean nothing to you have looked at your profile; e-mail people and claim a connection to such strangers; and similar useless ways to use a social network site. Even if you thought refining your search would come in handy, you can find more qualified people without spending as much money.

Don't expect the groups to be anywhere near as helpful as the premium options. You could have fun or show off skills with a larger photo, or e-mail people with similar interest and receive a friendly greeting. Don't expect either in most groups. The following aren't rare gems of insanity, but regular responses by people who claim to be CEO's, work in HR, and professors with Masters degrees:

'This is Godawful. Women in positions of authority or acting as leaders is the least believable thing I have ever heard of [he then inserted a five paragraph essay on how inferior women were in every aspect compared to men]'--Posted a few weeks after Women's Day.

'You have no right to continue stalking me! Stalk, stalk, stalk!'--a reply to 'please stop stalking me. I'm calling the police' after he threatened bodily harm on a thread and in another personal message to me.

[Permanent Ban for pointing out the difference between a writer and author was in the dictionary]

'I'm being totally professional. God hates gays and wants them to die'--a thread about positive spiritual messages in books.

Most of the rest of the posts are 'I agree', 'If it makes you think, you're trolling', 'I don't know', and usually 'You're and idiot [praise me]'. Most topics are 'I wrote three sentences and linked an article in a blog'.

Despite the check box one needs to click on that indicates you have read the group discussion guidelines about civility and acting professional, no group is moderated at all except against posts wondering why the moderator isn't doing their job, or, occasionally, citing sources against someone. E-mailing a moderator is a risk in and of itself; mods have threatened to ban people for asking for help. See the example of the man with an essay against women? He did that three times. All moderators said I was extremely rude for asking if they could tell him to calm down and two demanded I apologize.

There are good and even helpful people on the site, but it takes wallowing through a lot people who make you wonder why they haven't been fired or arrested yet.

The official statement of LinkedIn about such things is 'We put up guidelines. If people don't follow them stay off the internet'. Does this seem odd when the site is FOR showing the rest of the internet?

kurtism11
6/29/15

Thanks for your site.

mohammedg17
6/22/15

Best Social Networking site i always prefer to search jobs at linkedin instead of anyother network. I simply fell in love with this site

angelikaa
6/17/15

Best site where we can manage our professional identity. Build and engage with our professional network. Access knowledge, insights and lot of opportunities.

susanl68
6/16/15

LinkedIn has its own identity crisis, which seems to stand in the way of me using LinkedIn as a way to let people know about me. I've tried to accept their promotions and upgrade, but it doesn't work. LinkedIn is a good idea, but the website just doesn't execute and perform.

vilmap
6/15/15

I always feel comfortable with Sears... rom me to my kids its always Sears for our clothings and underwears

johns898
6/4/15

I understand why people used to like LinkedIn, the promise of finding a job in an easier way by, connecting with peers, colleagues, recruiters, as a social platform to exchange and contribute to communities, etc..

While this might have been true, it's not the case anymore, LinkedIn publishes mainly outdated or fake jobs like any other job boards. It even often just replicates the scam found on other job boards or companies ATS. You therefore find fake ads coming from taleo, jobvite.com, monster.com (sic), and of course from the usual parasites: recruitment firms and HR people who seem to have nothing else to do than posting the same jobs over and over months after months to collect profiles and resumes...

LinkedIn doesn't check nor remove the scams, junks, outdated and fraudulent ads because they probably don't have the resources nor the will to do it but also because they make money with it.

This is why LinkedIn is less and less respected and attractive...

ommyp
5/22/15

LinkedIn is one of the best social sites for the social activity and the connections

soumyar2
5/19/15

helps to display your achievements in corporate sector

jesusp23
5/5/15

One of the most awesome books I've read on the subject of Linkedin. Being the most connected person on Linkedin, I can tell you this book is right on! Anyone must read this book! Highly recommend and you will learn the secrets only few know about Linkedin !!

vlastab1
4/24/15

excelent

emmat33
4/20/15

Great for online networking, allows me to connect with other business people and promote my company

jamesp135
3/28/15

paiges3
3/28/15

I SEEN IT MANY YEARS NEVER A FAIL, ALL SERVICES DO IT THEY PAY PEOPLE TO LIE

andreww78
3/16/15

If you have a profile full of information and contacts it will serve you very good to find new professional contacts, business partners. But it's pretty difficult to contact somebody if you don't have any contact details except linkedin profile link. Website have a lot of paid services with no free alternatives that is very annoying. It also sends spam regularly.

catrinal
3/13/15

they tried to cop with other social media but they are something more than social media.
Helpful for business and personal use.

donaldh28
3/12/15

Turns out there's a lot more to a LinkedIn profile than I thought :)

This book walks you through all the key areas to concentrate on when trying to grab a new dream job or the eye of a recruiter. You'll discover how to find the right keywords for the jobs you want to be hired for, as well as - crucially - where to put them in your profile for maximum search visibility.

Once your profile is appearing in more search results, the book then shows you how to get more people to click through from your listing to your profile. If you have a LinkedIn profile that needs a boost, I recommend grabbing this no-frills guide - it's a major time saver.

christopher
3/10/15

This is a good introductory book for those who are new to LinkedIn. I am familiar with a lot of the content within, and I did get a couple of valuable new tips on how to determine the relevant keywords to include in my profile. There was some new information on how to use tools like Google for this.

robertb102
3/4/15

I made the mistake to use Linkedin as a professional.
This is one of the worst company I ever did business with.
First of all, they don't provide any contact or phone numbers where you can contact an actual human being. If you manage to find phone numbers (US only), they are empty shells with only voice mails.
Secondly, nothing works properly. You need to open ticket support for every single piece of operation you try to do.
Thirdly, the support, probably based in a low wages/no rules/exploitation free country is not even able to understand the questions you ask and therefore provide you with proper solutions. You know now why they are hiding phone numbers. They know everything about you, but you don't even have their real name
4th: Sales service: a joke. Sales people like the others are well hidden behind the interface and never ever manage their clients.
As for their professional accounts, the only difference really is the number of words you can put in an "inmail" versus a normal message on a free account. IT REALLY DOESN'T WORTH IT.
When you manage to get in touch with a virtual interlocutor, communication is a one way system and you need to wait 24 hours for an answer. What kind of discussion is that ?
Lastly, Linkedin is full of self congratulating, superficial, exaggerated profiles and most of jobs publish there are either outdated,, fake, or just resume collection campaigns.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the professional or premium versions, they bring nothing more than the free ones and you can't downgrade after despite what they tell you.

alexp68
2/24/15

Caution:fraud. LinkedIn application offered 1 month free of charge test subscription and then never notified me of the test period end and never asked my permission to withdraw money ($50, which is half of average salary in Russia) from my account. It's a fraud and in case you not give me my money back I will go to court and will every day and everywhere inform people that LinkedIn are thieves steeling money!!! You are fooling people by such non-transparent subscription policy and not notifying and not asking transparently their authorization for payment, but just fooling people. Give my money back!!!! Prsamara@gmail.com

dieterm
2/23/15

A great place for networking.

esolvzs
2/20/15

LinkedIn to be a good resource for connecting and keeping in contact with business associates and folks in my industries.

surbhis1
2/18/15

good

carloss45
2/13/15

LinkedIn is a pretty cool career network. Love it...

echosyne
2/12/15

My programmable ADSL modem sends emails when an invader attacks. It was LikedIn 37 times in 6 months. Occasionally LinkedIn sends me an email asking if I know someone who happens to be in my address book. When I email LinkedIn about this they give me the runaround. They are not your friends.

Tip for consumers: Beware of devils with pretty faces.

steliost1
2/9/15

A service of high level, of an upper standard, of a distinctive quality. However, I think they could be more productive, if they manage to mobilize the inter se relations of their members more intensively, in a similar degree and methodology as the two other big online social media services. But in doing that, they have to take care not to loose their qualitative attribute. Stelios Tamasios

prashantk3
2/9/15

One of the best website for Professional.

billr31
2/5/15

Good experience, no complaints

richards125
2/2/15

I signed up to Linkedn in 2013 but never really got involved until Feb. 2015 due to lack of free time. I answered a couple questions from other photographers from my 38 years of experience and it all hit the fan. I got nothing but angry, insulting, threatening posts flying in from every direction one of the worst was a former cop telling be what laws I was breaking shooting graffiti and street art so I immediately unsubscribed the first day I started using LinkedIn.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time! This is Facebook but far angrier and very hostile.

leonf15
1/28/15

What an interesting site. So far so good.

loris127
1/15/15

Over-priced

tridibeshs
12/13/14

Our Group “PMstudy” with 5,000+ members in LinkedIn has been restricted with LinkedIn without any reasons whatsoever! And there is no response from LinkedIn at all about this issue. This is very unsettling – it is difficult to build up membership in groups and then LinkedIn can kick you out for no reason!!!

Warning any business who decides to use LinkedIn that this may also happen to you.

We are a reputed adult education company and were using this group legitimately to stay in touch with our students. And we have spent several hundred dollars in LinkedIn advertising to build our presence in this forum - so, we are paying business customers. And to LinkedIn's credit, it is a good forum for professional networking, but their customer support is extremely lousy, even for paying business customers like us.

I hope that some decision maker in LinkedIn Customer Support reads this message - and 'unblocks' our group. Given the high-handed approach of LinkedIn, we are not sure if we should spend any more money in LinkedIn Advertising in the future or try to build up our presence in LinkedIn Groups and other LinkedIn forums.

Best Regards,
Dip
Customer Support - PMstudy.com

Tip for consumers: For business users in LinkedIn - be very careful if you are relying a lot on LinkedIn or spending money in LinkedIn Advertising. They can arbitrarily take down your LinkedIn Groups/pages and their customer support is very unresponsive!

travist13
12/9/14

It's ok, but their prices are outrageous. They need to be better when it comes to getting rid of scammers who use their platform to scam users.

traviss19
12/9/14

Meh!
Listen, I love the idea. I really, really do. LinkedIn provides an important, useful, and definitely needed service. The only problem? It's REALLY poorly executed. Like, really poorly. Their new decision to allow almost anyone to publish content has really devastated the content ecosystem, as "marketers" pump the space with poorly written click bait and thinly veiled SEO spam.

vanessac17
11/17/14

I don't know about you guys, but I think linkedin is great! Very useful especially for professionals out there who are looking for jobs. I also love the forums idea, it is where I've learn a lot of new things.

I'll reserve the last 1 star for some future updates of linkedin. :)

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LinkedIn staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: All it can do at best, is eliminate the longest and most complex phase of recruiting, which is dealing with all the resumes that aren't going to make it. Recruiters and their machines will no longer have to chuck out resumes based on the qualities of the physical documents themselves, and from what I've heard, most resumes are dumped at this stage. They won't have to check for appropriate content at such length either, because they'll be dealing with data that's already in electronic format and which can be scanned electronically.

It won't deal with bad job descriptions, or bad interviewers or bad interviewees, or candidates who aren't being honest, or are chasing jobs they aren't really suited for.

As for having useful skills, the market seems to be awash with people who have useful skills; if there's only one job and a thousand people who are skilled enough to do it, 999 of them are going to be out of work regardless of how skilled they are.

Interestingly, I recently attended a class about jobseeking in which every single example given related to finding IT work, especially IT management positions. Yet there are hardly any IT positions out there, and the class included one professional IT manager who was trying desperately to get out of the field for exactly that reason. Despite him saying openly that there was no work in this field, and despite others in the class showing no interest in the IT field anyway, the class continued to be shown how to apply for IT management jobs.

As long as potential candidates aren't given good information and helped to find and use the best and most appropriate resources, the quality of the job market isn't going to improve.

So it seems to me to be just a money-saving idea, I can't see how it will make a difference to anything other than the employers' pocketbooks. What do you think?
3/8/11
Answer
chriso1
A: The word on the grapevine here is that not only are hiring officers increasingly using Linked In to check out prospective staff, but that in a couple or three years, they'll move entirely to using Linked In instead of accepting paper resumes. Presumably candidates will be asked to submit their Linked In profile URLs, no other options.

It makes a lot of sense from an employer's point of view; I didn't know this before but have been told that many of them already use automatic scanning software to relieve them of the time-wasting job of reading resumes at all. The software scans for the current relevant buzz words, words taken from the job description, layout and fonts and text sizes and so on.

Apparently the idea really caught on when the software proved able to catch people who were simply copying the job description in its entirety into their "skills and experience" sections. And it can identify stock phrases and rule them out, leaving only original content, if any.

I understand that any excuse is already used to dismiss resumes - even a margin set to the incorrect width will earn that piece of paper a trip to the WPB. Doing this is still consuming resources, though, and it would be quicker to simply scan Linked In which is already in an electronic format.

If it happens, or when, this is likely to be a huge coup for Linked In. Maybe it's time to start saving up for the IPO?
3/7/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why won't LinkedIn tell me when InMails are not opened. Instead this information which they can easily reveal, they hide. They could be embarrassed as to how few InMails are actually opened. I feel it could be less than 50% opened.
4/17/15
Answer
paiges3
A: one your privacy is open on there i know cause i ended up with junk mail from there so. ill never pay a dime to a place expecting you to push more lies or something off the chain like chris said lack of proper descriptions is a turn off, if you asked that person on job skills only because the system said add this add that basically promoting you to lie to get a job. im to honest i trained how to interview never lie to get in and if you do better know the skills.
4/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the LinkedIn staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

LinkedIn?