US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

katief9

This website is really a great tool for every business especially for those job seekers. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ommyp
5/22/15

LinkedIn is one of the best social sites for the social activity and the connections

soumyar2
5/19/15

helps to display your achievements in corporate sector

jesusp23
5/5/15

One of the most awesome books I've read on the subject of Linkedin. Being the most connected person on Linkedin, I can tell you this book is right on! Anyone must read this book! Highly recommend and you will learn the secrets only few know about Linkedin !!

vlastab1
4/24/15

excelent

emmat33
4/20/15

Great for online networking, allows me to connect with other business people and promote my company

jamesp135
3/28/15

paiges3
3/28/15

I SEEN IT MANY YEARS NEVER A FAIL, ALL SERVICES DO IT THEY PAY PEOPLE TO LIE

andreww78
3/16/15

If you have a profile full of information and contacts it will serve you very good to find new professional contacts, business partners. But it's pretty difficult to contact somebody if you don't have any contact details except linkedin profile link. Website have a lot of paid services with no free alternatives that is very annoying. It also sends spam regularly.

catrinal
3/13/15

they tried to cop with other social media but they are something more than social media.
Helpful for business and personal use.

donaldh28
3/12/15

Turns out there's a lot more to a LinkedIn profile than I thought :)

This book walks you through all the key areas to concentrate on when trying to grab a new dream job or the eye of a recruiter. You'll discover how to find the right keywords for the jobs you want to be hired for, as well as - crucially - where to put them in your profile for maximum search visibility.

Once your profile is appearing in more search results, the book then shows you how to get more people to click through from your listing to your profile. If you have a LinkedIn profile that needs a boost, I recommend grabbing this no-frills guide - it's a major time saver.

christopher
3/10/15

This is a good introductory book for those who are new to LinkedIn. I am familiar with a lot of the content within, and I did get a couple of valuable new tips on how to determine the relevant keywords to include in my profile. There was some new information on how to use tools like Google for this.

robertb102
3/4/15

I made the mistake to use Linkedin as a professional.
This is one of the worst company I ever did business with.
First of all, they don't provide any contact or phone numbers where you can contact an actual human being. If you manage to find phone numbers (US only), they are empty shells with only voice mails.
Secondly, nothing works properly. You need to open ticket support for every single piece of operation you try to do.
Thirdly, the support, probably based in a low wages/no rules/exploitation free country is not even able to understand the questions you ask and therefore provide you with proper solutions. You know now why they are hiding phone numbers. They know everything about you, but you don't even have their real name
4th: Sales service: a joke. Sales people like the others are well hidden behind the interface and never ever manage their clients.
As for their professional accounts, the only difference really is the number of words you can put in an "inmail" versus a normal message on a free account. IT REALLY DOESN'T WORTH IT.
When you manage to get in touch with a virtual interlocutor, communication is a one way system and you need to wait 24 hours for an answer. What kind of discussion is that ?
Lastly, Linkedin is full of self congratulating, superficial, exaggerated profiles and most of jobs publish there are either outdated,, fake, or just resume collection campaigns.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the professional or premium versions, they bring nothing more than the free ones and you can't downgrade after despite what they tell you.

alexp68
2/24/15

Caution:fraud. LinkedIn application offered 1 month free of charge test subscription and then never notified me of the test period end and never asked my permission to withdraw money ($50, which is half of average salary in Russia) from my account. It's a fraud and in case you not give me my money back I will go to court and will every day and everywhere inform people that LinkedIn are thieves steeling money!!! You are fooling people by such non-transparent subscription policy and not notifying and not asking transparently their authorization for payment, but just fooling people. Give my money back!!!! Prsamara@gmail.com

dieterm
2/23/15

A great place for networking.

esolvzs
2/20/15

LinkedIn to be a good resource for connecting and keeping in contact with business associates and folks in my industries.

surbhis1
2/18/15

good

carloss45
2/13/15

LinkedIn is a pretty cool career network. Love it...

echosyne
2/12/15

My programmable ADSL modem sends emails when an invader attacks. It was LikedIn 37 times in 6 months. Occasionally LinkedIn sends me an email asking if I know someone who happens to be in my address book. When I email LinkedIn about this they give me the runaround. They are not your friends.

Tip for consumers: Beware of devils with pretty faces.

steliost1
2/9/15

A service of high level, of an upper standard, of a distinctive quality. However, I think they could be more productive, if they manage to mobilize the inter se relations of their members more intensively, in a similar degree and methodology as the two other big online social media services. But in doing that, they have to take care not to loose their qualitative attribute. Stelios Tamasios

prashantk3
2/9/15

One of the best website for Professional.

billr31
2/5/15

Good experience, no complaints

richards125
2/2/15

I signed up to Linkedn in 2013 but never really got involved until Feb. 2015 due to lack of free time. I answered a couple questions from other photographers from my 38 years of experience and it all hit the fan. I got nothing but angry, insulting, threatening posts flying in from every direction one of the worst was a former cop telling be what laws I was breaking shooting graffiti and street art so I immediately unsubscribed the first day I started using LinkedIn.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time! This is Facebook but far angrier and very hostile.

leonf15
1/28/15

What an interesting site. So far so good.

loris127
1/15/15

Over-priced

tridibeshs
12/13/14

Our Group “PMstudy” with 5,000+ members in LinkedIn has been restricted with LinkedIn without any reasons whatsoever! And there is no response from LinkedIn at all about this issue. This is very unsettling – it is difficult to build up membership in groups and then LinkedIn can kick you out for no reason!!!

Warning any business who decides to use LinkedIn that this may also happen to you.

We are a reputed adult education company and were using this group legitimately to stay in touch with our students. And we have spent several hundred dollars in LinkedIn advertising to build our presence in this forum - so, we are paying business customers. And to LinkedIn's credit, it is a good forum for professional networking, but their customer support is extremely lousy, even for paying business customers like us.

I hope that some decision maker in LinkedIn Customer Support reads this message - and 'unblocks' our group. Given the high-handed approach of LinkedIn, we are not sure if we should spend any more money in LinkedIn Advertising in the future or try to build up our presence in LinkedIn Groups and other LinkedIn forums.

Best Regards,
Dip
Customer Support - PMstudy.com

Tip for consumers: For business users in LinkedIn - be very careful if you are relying a lot on LinkedIn or spending money in LinkedIn Advertising. They can arbitrarily take down your LinkedIn Groups/pages and their customer support is very unresponsive!

travist13
12/9/14

It's ok, but their prices are outrageous. They need to be better when it comes to getting rid of scammers who use their platform to scam users.

traviss19
12/9/14

Meh!
Listen, I love the idea. I really, really do. LinkedIn provides an important, useful, and definitely needed service. The only problem? It's REALLY poorly executed. Like, really poorly. Their new decision to allow almost anyone to publish content has really devastated the content ecosystem, as "marketers" pump the space with poorly written click bait and thinly veiled SEO spam.

vanessac17
11/17/14

I don't know about you guys, but I think linkedin is great! Very useful especially for professionals out there who are looking for jobs. I also love the forums idea, it is where I've learn a lot of new things.

I'll reserve the last 1 star for some future updates of linkedin. :)

adrianas9
11/16/14

I really love linkedin. It is actually where I find some clients and it is pretty much to use. I'll be saving the 5 star reviews for some new updates!

katief9
11/5/14

This website is really a great tool for every business especially for those job seekers. FYI, I found my current employer through this website! Four stars for now, for some future updates of this website.

rasima1
10/13/14

A great site for getting back in touch with previous people you have worked with..

dougc25
10/4/14

I was contacted by a person in London, so they said, Turned out to be Nigeria.
The whole thing was a scam. When I entered their e-mail into a search it revealed the scam. I reported them to Linkedin about a month ago. The account is still active.
I did some searching on Linkedin and found others had similar results.
Others say they used to do a better job. Other comments here suggest they are getting too big and don't really care.

sarahhuds
10/3/14

This website containing number of features and so most of the people are using this site for various purposes. But sometimes I think it is somewhat difficult to identify the services that are providing by this website and so it is not good at all time. A website must be user friendly but I don’t think so that which is not user friendly.

timothyo5
9/22/14

I have used LinkedIn every day for a decade at this point and am one of the top activity generators. Recentlly LinkedIn has begun charging more and limiting access, now cutting you off if a % of users don't respond to your InMails to them within a finite period of time. LinkedIn has made a mint off me and my clients as I teach internal recruiting firms how to best use social media, sites, and other tactics. At this point it seems LinkedIn has become way too full of themselves and I for one will stop using their service and recommend my clients stop using their services, so I'll stop the flow of cash - if they cut me off from communicating to users of the system. Such a subjective way of quantifying responses - some that I InMail I'm certain don't even have their email address hooked up to their LinkedIn profile so that's why a large % don't respond. And, those who don't respond today, usually respond in the future - keeping my name on file - it's happened and it's real. Stupid people making these rules do not understand their own business!!! Does anyone have a different LinkedIn type service yet? Can't wait for it to come about - users will mass exodus...

Tip for consumers: Limited window of time before this one tanks due to their latest games and rules and policies literally barring paying users from receiving the services they pay for. Dumb move for the long term business model.

brads27
9/21/14

I use this site to keep in contact with various business connections of mine. It gets the job done.

kathleenm29
9/15/14

Good assessment of LinkedIn as a user, but omits how it works for a business page or for advertising.
In short - lame but slowly improving. Worst part is that their documentation is very poor - often missing or hard to find, and often out of date or with errors.

ernestineb
9/12/14

This site is one of the great business-situated groups systems service.. Linkedin permits clients to think-tanks with which they may be intrigued by living up to expectations. At the point when writing the name of a given organization in the hunt box, facts about the organization are given. This site serves to getting touch with all utilize specifically.

samanthaj15
8/29/14

The basic functionality of LinkedIn allows users (workers and employers) to create profiles and "connections" to each other in an online social network which may represent real-world professional relationships. Users can invite anyone (whether a site user or not) to become a connection.

alexanderv8
8/12/14

LinkedIn is changing their business model to capture value from their users. As a user this means that it is providing less value to be on.

Specifically, without buying the second level of premium membership, you can no longer contact people who are 3rd level connections, regardless if you know them. As I am in a sales role, this is frustrating, especially the lack of disclosure due to the change in policy. All of the blocks that are put in place which prevent active usage of the network without a paying 50 a month are more than frustrating, especially for those who are premium members. More importantly, because non-sales pros are unlikely to get the premium services, standard users are less likely to be as well connected or use the service as much.

These problems are likely to slow the use of the network over time, and I expect that if the policies don't change I will need to use a different social network in 2 years as professionals grow frustrated and stop utilizing LinkedIn, especially those who are early in their careers--which makes the longterm story problematic.

sarak10
8/7/14

LinkedIn might help with finding your connections, but the customer service is absolutely appalling. They hardly even have customer service. They do not have a telephone number, instead, you email someone your question/concern. You will receive a response at a later time. Not only is it difficult to communicate and solve anything this way, but responses are more or less automated, leaving you with literally NO service. They are not understanding or helpful to their customers. It's basically a reiteration of whatever is on the website, but copied and pasted onto your email, which does not offer any more help whatsoever.

Furthermore, their prices that they charge for their premium services are absolutely ridiculous. I believe their cheapest upgrade is about $30 a month, specifically for job-seekers. Charging that price to unemployed job-seekers is ludicrous. I signed up for the free month (be careful doing this, I would not recommend it), and used none of their "added services." I am now being charged (as an unemployed fresh grad) for this useless service as I did not cancel it in time (they do not make it easy), and am unable to figure anything out with a customer service representative as LinkedIn does not offer that service. I am finding LinkedIn's "services" to be getting increasingly worse. I am very disappointed with LinkedIn and no longer think of it as a great innovative company. Be careful with your overpriced upgrades!

stevej69
7/31/14

Shocking Linkedin Privacy Issues.
I have recently uncovered some shocking practices on which Linkedin are engaged. They are so bad that I would not recommend this organisation to anyone. To cut a long story short, Linkedin appear to be tinkering with people's connections, adding unwanted connections and even removing wanted ones. My wife and I have both experienced this recently. Linkedin refuse to accept any responsibility for this and continually say that my wife and/or I are to blame and must have accidentally caused these issues!
I recommend that no one touch Linkedin with a barge pole until they can get their act together.
Dr Steve Jones, New Zealand

charlesj19
6/9/14

I love their job application platform. It's super easy. I like when things are easy. If only they made all companies who offer jobs use their system.

justins55
5/7/14

Almost no reason to visit any more. Linkedin wont authorize many of my apps. People I don't know very well are constantly voting up my skills. Seems like an afterthought going the way of myspace.

ericl38
4/29/14

A great professional networking experience. Very easy to use, and find people in your professional network. It's improved over time, and has a clean user interface. Find it user friendly, the only thing is you've got to pay for a membership.

sarahn25
4/4/14

linkedin is the web with the best means to establish business cooperation. I like this website because it could be opening the way for a business that I have.

rickys10
4/3/14

Good site for business-minded people and for those who want to have many connections.

linday6
3/24/14

I ditched my LinkedIn account roughly a year ago after the fiasco where they got hacked and were found to be keeping passwords in the clear. Joined a decade ago when my job was in trouble and LinkedIn was all the rage in tech-land. Didn't do a damn bit of good. Contacts from people I knew were usually bad news. Headhunter contacts were usually way off base. Nothing good ever came from it.

judithd2
3/21/14

LinkedIn is my favorite social network because it is a perfect place to network and find job and business opportunities. In the past, I have applied for jobs, gotten interviews and even secured freelance projects from employers. Even for people who don't love social networks, I do mention to them why LinkedIn would definitely be worth joining.

bessb1
2/24/14

Probably a little know fact that Whores (Old one in my case) are using LinkedIn to HOOK up with successful gray haired men. Once they HOOK up with them on LINKEDIN they move off site to a cell phone to finish them off. If a victim tries to fight back against the WHORE, LINKEDIN blocks the victim and allows the WHORE to continue doing business via their web site. My own personal experience! Marriage of almost 40 years destroyed by a TX WHORE. I pulled a background check on this WHORE and found out who she really was. She was a WHORE with conviction and multiple marriages. OH, but the way that Whore dumped my husband once she found out I was playing hard ball with the Divorce settlement. I can't believe LinkedIn is allowing Whores to do their business on their web site. They can only claim ignorance until someone like me points one out to them. If they continue to let this WHORE do her business on their web site, then that are party to it. If I did not live in a no fault state, I would have named them in addition to naming the Whore in my Divorce proceedings.

motekk
2/2/14

Helga Guterman the CEO of the metaphysics institute run a A-1 school. I am proud Dr. Helga Guterman was the one to present me with my certificate of healer. Helga guterman is one fine and kind, honest well respected women in her field and her community.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LinkedIn staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: All it can do at best, is eliminate the longest and most complex phase of recruiting, which is dealing with all the resumes that aren't going to make it. Recruiters and their machines will no longer have to chuck out resumes based on the qualities of the physical documents themselves, and from what I've heard, most resumes are dumped at this stage. They won't have to check for appropriate content at such length either, because they'll be dealing with data that's already in electronic format and which can be scanned electronically.

It won't deal with bad job descriptions, or bad interviewers or bad interviewees, or candidates who aren't being honest, or are chasing jobs they aren't really suited for.

As for having useful skills, the market seems to be awash with people who have useful skills; if there's only one job and a thousand people who are skilled enough to do it, 999 of them are going to be out of work regardless of how skilled they are.

Interestingly, I recently attended a class about jobseeking in which every single example given related to finding IT work, especially IT management positions. Yet there are hardly any IT positions out there, and the class included one professional IT manager who was trying desperately to get out of the field for exactly that reason. Despite him saying openly that there was no work in this field, and despite others in the class showing no interest in the IT field anyway, the class continued to be shown how to apply for IT management jobs.

As long as potential candidates aren't given good information and helped to find and use the best and most appropriate resources, the quality of the job market isn't going to improve.

So it seems to me to be just a money-saving idea, I can't see how it will make a difference to anything other than the employers' pocketbooks. What do you think?
3/8/11
Answer
chriso1
A: The word on the grapevine here is that not only are hiring officers increasingly using Linked In to check out prospective staff, but that in a couple or three years, they'll move entirely to using Linked In instead of accepting paper resumes. Presumably candidates will be asked to submit their Linked In profile URLs, no other options.

It makes a lot of sense from an employer's point of view; I didn't know this before but have been told that many of them already use automatic scanning software to relieve them of the time-wasting job of reading resumes at all. The software scans for the current relevant buzz words, words taken from the job description, layout and fonts and text sizes and so on.

Apparently the idea really caught on when the software proved able to catch people who were simply copying the job description in its entirety into their "skills and experience" sections. And it can identify stock phrases and rule them out, leaving only original content, if any.

I understand that any excuse is already used to dismiss resumes - even a margin set to the incorrect width will earn that piece of paper a trip to the WPB. Doing this is still consuming resources, though, and it would be quicker to simply scan Linked In which is already in an electronic format.

If it happens, or when, this is likely to be a huge coup for Linked In. Maybe it's time to start saving up for the IPO?
3/7/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why won't LinkedIn tell me when InMails are not opened. Instead this information which they can easily reveal, they hide. They could be embarrassed as to how few InMails are actually opened. I feel it could be less than 50% opened.
4/17/15
Answer
paiges3
A: one your privacy is open on there i know cause i ended up with junk mail from there so. ill never pay a dime to a place expecting you to push more lies or something off the chain like chris said lack of proper descriptions is a turn off, if you asked that person on job skills only because the system said add this add that basically promoting you to lie to get a job. im to honest i trained how to interview never lie to get in and if you do better know the skills.
4/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the LinkedIn staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

LinkedIn?