US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

50 Reviews for LinkedIn

▼ Sort by: recent

8/12/14

LinkedIn is changing their business model to capture value from their users. As a user this means that it is providing less value to be on.

Specifically, without buying the second level of premium membership, you can no longer contact people who are 3rd level connections, regardless if you know them. As I am in a sales role, this is frustrating, especially the lack of disclosure due to the change in policy. All of the blocks that are put in place which prevent active usage of the network without a paying 50 a month are more than frustrating, especially for those who are premium members. More importantly, because non-sales pros are unlikely to get the premium services, standard users are less likely to be as well connected or use the service as much.

These problems are likely to slow the use of the network over time, and I expect that if the policies don't change I will need to use a different social network in 2 years as professionals grow frustrated and stop utilizing LinkedIn, especially those who are early in their careers--which makes the longterm story problematic.

8/7/14

LinkedIn might help with finding your connections, but the customer service is absolutely appalling. They hardly even have customer service. They do not have a telephone number, instead, you email someone your question/concern. You will receive a response at a later time. Not only is it difficult to communicate and solve anything this way, but responses are more or less automated, leaving you with literally NO service. They are not understanding or helpful to their customers. It's basically a reiteration of whatever is on the website, but copied and pasted onto your email, which does not offer any more help whatsoever.

Furthermore, their prices that they charge for their premium services are absolutely ridiculous. I believe their cheapest upgrade is about $30 a month, specifically for job-seekers. Charging that price to unemployed job-seekers is ludicrous. I signed up for the free month (be careful doing this, I would not recommend it), and used none of their "added services." I am now being charged (as an unemployed fresh grad) for this useless service as I did not cancel it in time (they do not make it easy), and am unable to figure anything out with a customer service representative as LinkedIn does not offer that service. I am finding LinkedIn's "services" to be getting increasingly worse. I am very disappointed with LinkedIn and no longer think of it as a great innovative company. Be careful with your overpriced upgrades!

7/31/14

Shocking Linkedin Privacy Issues.
I have recently uncovered some shocking practices on which Linkedin are engaged. They are so bad that I would not recommend this organisation to anyone. To cut a long story short, Linkedin appear to be tinkering with people's connections, adding unwanted connections and even removing wanted ones. My wife and I have both experienced this recently. Linkedin refuse to accept any responsibility for this and continually say that my wife and/or I are to blame and must have accidentally caused these issues!
I recommend that no one touch Linkedin with a barge pole until they can get their act together.
Dr Steve Jones, New Zealand

6/9/14

I love their job application platform. It's super easy. I like when things are easy. If only they made all companies who offer jobs use their system.

5/7/14

Almost no reason to visit any more. Linkedin wont authorize many of my apps. People I don't know very well are constantly voting up my skills. Seems like an afterthought going the way of myspace.

4/29/14

A great professional networking experience. Very easy to use, and find people in your professional network. It's improved over time, and has a clean user interface. Find it user friendly, the only thing is you've got to pay for a membership.

4/4/14

linkedin is the web with the best means to establish business cooperation. I like this website because it could be opening the way for a business that I have.

4/3/14

Good site for business-minded people and for those who want to have many connections.

3/24/14

I ditched my LinkedIn account roughly a year ago after the fiasco where they got hacked and were found to be keeping passwords in the clear. Joined a decade ago when my job was in trouble and LinkedIn was all the rage in tech-land. Didn't do a damn bit of good. Contacts from people I knew were usually bad news. Headhunter contacts were usually way off base. Nothing good ever came from it.

3/21/14

LinkedIn is my favorite social network because it is a perfect place to network and find job and business opportunities. In the past, I have applied for jobs, gotten interviews and even secured freelance projects from employers. Even for people who don't love social networks, I do mention to them why LinkedIn would definitely be worth joining.

2/24/14

Probably a little know fact that Whores (Old one in my case) are using LinkedIn to HOOK up with successful gray haired men. Once they HOOK up with them on LINKEDIN they move off site to a cell phone to finish them off. If a victim tries to fight back against the WHORE, LINKEDIN blocks the victim and allows the WHORE to continue doing business via their web site. My own personal experience! Marriage of almost 40 years destroyed by a TX WHORE. I pulled a background check on this WHORE and found out who she really was. She was a WHORE with conviction and multiple marriages. OH, but the way that Whore dumped my husband once she found out I was playing hard ball with the Divorce settlement. I can't believe LinkedIn is allowing Whores to do their business on their web site. They can only claim ignorance until someone like me points one out to them. If they continue to let this WHORE do her business on their web site, then that are party to it. If I did not live in a no fault state, I would have named them in addition to naming the Whore in my Divorce proceedings.

2/2/14

Helga Guterman the CEO of the metaphysics institute run a A-1 school. I am proud Dr. Helga Guterman was the one to present me with my certificate of healer. Helga guterman is one fine and kind, honest well respected women in her field and her community.

1/25/14

weird there are so few reviews on this site that is very popular. I love it but it is too bad the premium features are so expensive.

1/8/14

This website allows professionals to join and document their experience & accomplishments. Great idea. However, the site does not investigate the accuracy of an individual's claim, or accomplishments. I have found that the majority of people entering information on this site are exagerating their experience and accomplishments. No documentation is prodivded to substantiate what they are claiming.

1/7/14

I've found LinkedIn to be a good resource for connecting and keeping in contact with business associates and folks in my industries. The mobile app still leaves something to be desired and the newsfeed sorting isn't the greatest. I have a paid account and they still shove ads in my direction; that's a little annoying. Overall, it's cool and I enjoy the interactions and access to news it provides.

12/4/13

Pretty cool site for business social networking!

10/7/13

I used this site for a short period of time as a premium user to identify possible candidates for an open position for my employer and the connections and methods of contact allowed me to establish interaction with some prospective hires that I may not have otherwise found.

9/15/13

Some of these reviews are from a few years ago and there have been improvements since. Networking is crucial to me- I'm a staffing consultant and I have actually gotten jobs as well as networking clients where I never would have been able to using anything else. I've flirted with the idea of paying for the upgraded service but I'm not entirely convinced it's worth it...you can get most of the benefits that are advertised but it takes a bit of time (and savvy) on your part to get around it.

I want to be found by potential clients so I do not hide- on the contrary I have a work Twitter account linked to LinkedIN as well as my work Facebook so anyone can find me depending on what they prefer to use.

I can say that for the amount they charge for premium services I've made exponentially in profit from clients and work I've gained from that site. If I could have done 4 and a half I would- the only annoying thing is not being able to message who you want to if you're not in network with them but people choose for it to be that way sometimes.

8/31/13

I've been a "passive" member of LinkedIn for years now and only recently started to really use the site. What the heck happened to LinkedIn? It's a twisted, convoluted mess with way too much going on on every page and lots of random errors and issues. I think they lost focus of the whole "business to business" kind of tool that it once was. And another site with constant references to "Upgrade Now" is the last thing any of us need. But, what's the alternative?

6/15/13

This site is not truthful about its membership rolls. When a member decides to leave LI for whatever reason, and deactivates their profile, LI still counts them as participating, with a profile member. This practice is disingenuous, and deceitful to those advertisers and investors who believe these falsely inflated numbers. LI also practices censorship, is a protected sanctuary of god drones and bots. Pretension abounds.

6/13/13

This is a serous warning about LinkedIn.com.

We where paying $500+ dollars a month to have our Companies Staff on LinkedIn, and to use LinkedIn as a Professional Networking to other Aerospace and Spacescience people globally. We had 32 paid staff accounts on LinkedIn.

LinkedIn is owned and controlled by Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic, and these people are using linkedIn as there own personal spy agency and data base to track and harass anyone they see as a competitor or threat in the Aerospace Industry. In March/April 2013 LinkedIn changed its old privacy policy, so that now they OWN your listing, and you have no rights as a user on LinkedIn.

LinkedIn owners are now using people as their own personal cash cows and network of information on people. If you try to actually use LinkedIn to contact and network with Aerospace or Technology people and professionals, the LinkedIn agents hiding as regular accounts, will falsely accuse you of any sort of so called offenses, and then block your account, even if you are paying $500 a month or more, and will not give your money back.

LinkedIn is a high level big money scam, to control and manipulate information on people for nefarious and unprofessional agendas.

Anyone getting sucked into the LinkedIn scam will get burned. And if your dumb enough to get a paid LinkedIn account, linkedin will not provide the services they say they will provide, and in effect are committing felony theft of services and false advertising to deceive and defraud the public.

The Department of Commerce and FBI have received formal complaints in this regards, and spy and theft of service scams like this LinkedIn need to be shut down, and the public protected from these parasite blood suckers!

5/27/13

I use this website everyday, I can find more useful information I want.And group can see more helpful......

5/3/13

The new new way to look for a job is on LinkedIn. As annoying as it might be, it has become indispensable.

4/25/13

I am on LinkedIn.com just like everyone else. It provides great information about people and their backgrounds. I am yet to figure out how it can help my career.

4/16/13

Great site to keep you in connection with your business contacts. It's a great way to search for new career opportunities as well. They offer now premium services for job seekers. Seems useful but the "inmail" plan could be better, i.e., if they didn't limit the amount of "inmails" you could send. 10 per month is not a lot even at the highest level given the when you are looking for a job, you need to do much more than that per month.

3/17/13

I opened an account 3 months ago. Unfortunately, I do not find great job offers, or nothing that actually suits my profile.
Maybe I would find more relevant offers if I had a little bit more work experience.

2/26/13

Found well paid job through Linkedin. It's not just the alternate social network, but for me it helped in finding new job. Used it as additional place and I'm thankful to linkedin for offering this opportunity

1/20/13

Guys if you are feeling difficulty in searching the job must make an account on LinkedIn. This is the best and largest platform for job searching.

1/16/13

I think a profile on LinkedIn it's a must for everyone who cares about his career. I like it because it helps me stay in touch with old work colleagues. My profile thee helped me get my last job.

What I don't like about it is that I get quite a lot of spam connection requests from headhunters but I think this is a small downside of having a public profile.

11/30/12

Linkedin is still just a neighbor to the other top Social Media websites, but they are making strides and will be on top of their game soon!

10/5/12

Linked in seems like a good idea on the surface but unless you are willing to pay hard earned money, it serves little benefit. You basically can only communicate with people within your network which you already know or are familiar with. This will not allow you to likely find a job. It is called a job seeker's social network but the social aspect of it is limiting.

8/8/12

I was just sent an invitation to connect with (which means you have to join) a former university instructor on Linkedin. It has become known as a site for professional job seekers and responsible employers to connect. What a surprise--when you join, it brings up people you might know already on its site--and there was SoftRock and its top three, owner Alex Difrawi, the girl who contacts you and sets up intervews, and a manager who guides you through setting up using your OWN e-mail to place phony ads for online universities that are ripping off US military for their education grants. People who join LinkedIn think they are joining an ultra professional site, but obviously anybody can call themselves anything and join so after seeing Defrawi on there, I have changed my mind and might unjoin it.

4/21/12

4/12/12

Terrific site, great for snooping out what your old school friends are doing, and doing quick background checks of people you are considering doing business with. Not much more than that.

3/18/12

Linkedin is an interactive site that helps to connect with your loss friend,business associate..open your mind to the world global reasoning And development..is a place you find opportunities on how to manage your businesses.

3/17/12

I use Linkedin and its better than Facebook or Twitter for me. The only thing is that when you join "groups" and then remove yourself from Groups you still get the groups e-mails. I do not like this. Not sure what I need to do.
I would have given it a 5 star had it not been for this issue.
Also there is a way to not have a Group show up on your profile, but if it doesn't show up, its as if its deleted. How can I remember the groups name?

2/27/12

Very useful site.
Easy to navigate.
When joining groups, make sure you set email alerts off otherwise your inbox will be filled very quickly.

7/29/11

this PERSON THE core100.com or shantom or anything that introduce him self is a big SCAM HE WILL NEVER NEVER DELIVER YOU THE SERVICES THAT YOU NEED OR A WEBSITE AS MUCH FRIENDLY HE WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING

6/6/11

A great site for getting back in touch with previous people you have worked with

5/26/11

LinkedIN rocks...especially for getting in touch with recruiters directly.

5/22/11

Many features of the website is broken. Specifically, search is completely non-functional. I think the idea is good but the implementation not that much.

4/16/11

- Not user friendly
- You have to pay for simple privileges
- Haven't helped me a bit in terms of finding a job (listen, that's not because I am a crappy worker :) )

Overall: an option but not in my top10 list.

2/8/11

Google lead me to this site as I was looking for an old acquaintance of mine who's services I was in need of. Not only did I find him, I got in contact with him and got the help I needed too. That wasnt the only thing I liked, I was also happy I found many other connections and old faces and discovered what they were now doing for business that I would not have found if it weren't for a website like this. Thanks for the great service!

1/10/11

This site is not user friendly and charges monthy fees. www.bthebusinessnetwork.com is kind of like LinkedIn but it is free and it is an online office. Linkedin charges a monthly fee and does not have great online office software. b is an online office and social networking website and it does not charge a monthly fee.

12/8/10

I was pleased with this site when it first came around, but now that they require payment to see the actual profiles of who has viewed you, and additional exposure just to see the very high level description of who has viewed you, I find I don't visit the site much.

There's no realistic jobs posted there, at least not compared to Dice or other job boards, but there are good groups with decent discussion topics to browse.

9/3/10

I never really jumped on the LinkedIn bandwagon, but have been using it recently to find "passive" job candidates. The service seemed to work pretty well, except you can't really contact anyone outside of your immediate network unless you pay for that privilege. That is one of the primary ways they get you to upgrade to a "premium" account.

Sadly, LinkedIn is like all the other consumer-unfriendly subscription-based services out there --- they try very hard to get you to subscribe, rely on the fact that you forget about your subscription, and make it *very* difficult to unsubscribe. Subscribing is as easy as clicking a nice, shiny button. But unsubscribing is nearly impossible. After 15 minutes of clicking around the site and researching the issue on the internet, it turns out you have to (1) go to a special page where you must (2) message a member of the customer support staff and (3) request and wait for your subscription to be canceled!

I was successful at getting a response within a few days. But my request for a refund for this month's unused subscription (I explained that I wasn't going to use the service this month and that I had simply forgotten about the subscription) was addressed with a simple copy-and-paste of the terms of service, which states the customer is charged unless he/she cancels ahead of time. Yes, I understand those are the official terms and they are legally protected, but why should a customer be charged for an unused service? LinkedIn really needs to learn a thing or two about customer service, instead of milking each customer for as much money as possible.

ADMIN
9/1/10

We subscribed to LinkedIn's "premium" services for businesses, and I have to say it's a bit of a racket--their billing is recurring and it is very very difficult to cancel. We could not figure out how to cancel OR contact customer service on my own. Eventually we had to Google "how to downgrade my linkedin account" and then follow a convoluted set of steps to send an email message to request a downgrade. If they don't respond to the request quickly I'll be lowering my rating to below a "Meh." Bad showing LinkedIn. You clearly care more about taking my money than the service you're providing. You've just lost a fan.

8/24/10

LinkedIn is pretty cool! It's mostly for more professional based connections. Think of it as this way, Facebook with professional people ONLY! LinkedIn is a great source to finding a new job or your old colleagues. You can also sear for recruits, hiring managers, and HRs. It's a great way to stay connected to the business world. There are tones of groups to join from and the group members are there to help you with your career goals. I would suggest that anyone thats not on LinkedIn, get on. WARNING! Do watch out for scammers! People offer you jobs that are unbelievably amazing, but at the end you'll see it's a scam. BE CAREFUL!

EXPERT
2/21/10

LinkedIn pretty much rocks~

You have to pay attention to a couple of things, otherwise it can provide you with all kinds of great connections if you're in business:

1. DISABLE the "Public Profile"

2. Don't get into too much drama with the discussion groups

3. Make sure you take the time to explore all that it has to offer.

I would definitely recommend this site. You can also find great job availability and even make a few friends along the way. A large number of the guys in my industry are on here and I love the new products posts and other insider stuff I find.

7/27/09

Every professional who cares about networking needs to be a member of this site. I've personally gotten someone a job where I work because she contacted me through linkedin. My fiance got his current job because someone he worked with in the past found him on linkedin. In a tough economy like today, it's about WHO you know, not WHAT you know.

The Best Contact Management Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber