US Government's NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

85%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

People interested in LightInTheBox are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

zarinaa2

Overall, the customer service was fast efficient and even though I had some rough times, they helped me alot. (in 180 reviews)

cmrr

I ordered my wedding dress, flower girl, and brides maid dresses from Light in the Box. (in 256 reviews)

eminellyg

And another interesting thing about this site is that your credit card is safe with them...the security check is superp! (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jacqiet
12/9/14

Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever received. I have never had it take OVER a month to get a refund for anything! Not being able to actually speak to a live person is ridiculous. The response time is not acceptable by any means. Will never use this site again. So utterly disappointed. DO NOT USE!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

christys7

super things
all is ok

nickir1
12/7/14

A pleasure to do business with. Great prices and great selection.

marial54
12/6/14

Flat out....DONT ORDER!! Please take me serious! This place is a joke. Order time are absolutely ridiculous! If I would've know it was going to take months for my sweater to get here, I would've just went to the mall to find something similar. Plus, realize you have to also pay for "customs" fees. It's BS that they don't tell you that when you order! What a JOKE!!

Tip for consumers: Go ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

deboraho3
12/4/14

I guess this will be my last time of ordering from here. the bra I ordered was totally a waste of money, not the same size written on it. I ordered cup b which should be a perfect fit, but I bet the bra cant even fit a baby. So small.

Was charged extra 30dollars when product arrived, after paying for tax and goods included in this website.
Such a bad experience, would not recommend at all..

anonymp
12/3/14

I ordered some time ago a few things and it said the other day that everything was sent. When I checked the tracking number so went the package can not be traced, called UPS and they had not received reached more than the electronic shipment. Now I sit here and have paid, tried to contact LightInTheBox several days but get no response.

This is absolutely the worst company I have had to do, I only raise a note of caution. Beware,

Tip for consumers: Be careful

bakhitaa
12/2/14

Nice site really I try many shopping site but I don't find like the services and the quality is perfect also they have quick shipping free

haralds

Terrible service !
The confirmed shipping date to be the 29. November, and yes, it's marked as sent under "My Orders", but UPS (the shipping company) confirms that only the shipping label was created that date, and they have not received any package for shipment. So it seems that this company are trying to scam customers with wrong delivery dates, and on the top of that, they never answer mail after orders are placed & payed. So stay away from this company !
UPDATE 03.12.2014
I received following mail from LightInTheBox:
Dear customer,
First of all thank you very much for your confidence and interest in Light in the Box.
We regret the delay, some products have been subject to customs verification in our store, please a little patience, your order will be shipped in about 7-10 days more, do not worry reimbursement for the cost of fast shipping Once you receive your order.
Please if you need any further information, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
We await your prompt response, we send a cordial greeting.
Best regards,
Rivera
My comment:
Why have they marking it as shipped the 29. November ? And why haven't they told me about this delay before I am asking. And lastly, why try to cover it up by wrongly marking it as shipped ?

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company, that is the only way to make them give better service. They will not listen to complaints, and if you read the other negative reviews, you will also see that the answers from this company are almost identical, and they are excusing in the start of the sentence, but ends in complaining about the customer or the customers way of handle the orders, typical Chinese, can never take critic.

dineshs5
12/2/14

i am surprised to see so many 5 star reviews... there can only be one explanation to this... self planted and fake ! all 5 star reviews are self planted..they are all fake as their products are...! I wonder how on earth anyone can be happy with lightinthebox? I have done detailed product reviews of lightinthebox, check my user name.
Dinesh
Switzerland

amirp10

fastest deliver

bonip
11/30/14

fantastic quality products, arrived on time, very well priced, will use them again

hassana14
11/30/14

Most of the products I bought made by a high quality materials. The shipping is fast for 89$ and above orders. There's only one problem which is the processing time. It takes long time to prepare the order between 8 to 15 days.

rebeccap25
11/29/14

I'm more or less always happy with the products I resive and the quality is good. The prices and service are great. And the products arrive in time.

taimik
11/28/14

Because , there are meny thing and staf very small prices and free transport and very good girls who makeng the orders.

tiffanyr8
11/26/14

me encanta el formato de su pagina, ademas que los precios son regularmente bastante economicos. Lo unico que no me encanta, es que hay muchos productos que son excesivamente caros. Cuando los encuentras en paginas como Ebay o Amazon, el producto facilmente puede estar 25 o 40 dolares mas economico. La mayor parte del tiempo ocurre con productos que dicen estar a 80% de descuento costandote $20.00 y que el precio regular es $100.00 lo cual es verdaderamente ridiculo y absurdo cuando se trata de una camisa que en ebay la encontramos a $8.00 como mucho. Aunque me he encontrado con cosas como estas, tambien es cierto que he comprado productos tan economicos como $0.59 y de muy buena calidad y trajes de $2.99 que me han quedado de maravilla. El shipping puede demorarse hasta 4 semanas pero es gratis. Su servicio al cliente siempre me ha respondido con prontitud asi q le doy 4 estrellas.

thuyn3
11/26/14

Great price. Beautiful products. Free shipping. I'm happy.

lilianal
11/26/14

Produto de ótima qualidade, prazo de entrega muito bom, por ser no Brasil esperava uma espera maior. Recomendo!

enriquev3
11/26/14

Good experience!!!Fast shipping, great customer service!!!
Everything that I have purchased has a good quality.

traceya6
11/26/14

iam totally not happy with the customer service made an order 3 weeks back and some days.up to now have not received my dress and no communications at all am now wondering wether i was scamed or my dress is still on the way

Tip for consumers: have i been scammed

cmrr
11/25/14

I ordered my wedding dress, flower girl, and brides maid dresses from Light in the Box. I had never ordered from them before, and new that I might be taking a risk, but there were so many (hundreds) of GREAT reviews, I felt the risk was minimal. I have to say I and my brides maids were more than impressed. Every dress was as exquisite as the pictures, they fit very well; only minimal tailoring on two of 5 dresses, and the quality was better than expected for the price I paid. Light in the Box does what they say they will do, and exceed expectations!

elenad9
11/25/14

very nice!!! the product was like the photo while ordering! my child love those shoes! very comfortable! thank you

andrewc72
11/25/14

Great socks. Cheap and very stylish, thanks a lot !

richmondy1
11/25/14

I bought a belt from Light in the Box and received it a couple of weeks ago. I am very satisfied with the purchase. In fact, it is an excellent belt made of very high quality leather. Its my first choice among all the belts I have. Value for money

andreh5
11/24/14

sdeda

vassilisd
11/24/14

Great Communication, good prizes

melbam1
11/23/14

I have ordered like 6 times from this site and is secure. Customer service is great, they respond as soon as possible. I would recomend this site to everyone. THE only thing is that you have to consider the possible taxes charges that apply on your country.

faye150
11/23/14

Light In The Box is excellent - can always buy with confidence of product quality and customer service.

rebeccaf11
11/23/14

so much great stuff, we got lots :) very cool, my daughters loves it!!! we love light in the box <3

elenab8
11/22/14

I love this website. Good quality products, excellent prices and huge variety of everything. Fast shipping.

jonnyd4
11/22/14

good time delivery and supper good packing
very good quality items.

alexandref10
11/22/14

foi muito bem atendido, soluções rápidas, resposta rápida.

ianm62
11/22/14

absolutely the item I wanted. Easy to assemble, looks brilliant on my wall.

florentinar1
11/21/14

I am an old buyer of this site, i never had problems, what i ordered, that s what i got. I ll always buy from Lighting The Box. Thank You all for everything you do the way you do.

emmar29
11/21/14

they were fast in shipping and any problems that arose they dealt with quickly and easily. will defiantly shop with them again

susana55
11/21/14

was not happy with the delivery time
but overall i am satisfied with the service of light in the box

mp52
11/21/14

great price, excellent item. shipping takes a while but customer service is good

denisej6
11/21/14

Great company and products. Love the necklace and all jewelry! Great for myself and for my friends and family for Christmas.

debras31
11/21/14

Great value, products met expectations, great service and delivery.

dianneh6
11/21/14

excellent service and great quality product, will certainly be purchasing from you again - next purchase is already on it's way!!

edk9
11/21/14

Love these. The look and feel hot and sexy. I wear them all the time

paolai
11/21/14

My purchase was my first online shopping. The experience was great, the dress i ordered arrived on time, good quality ata fraction of the price. I highly recommend shopping with Lightinthebox. Good job. Will purchase more.

brians114
11/21/14

So I bought a coat from lightin the box. Navigating the app was really easy, making my purchase was super easy. The product arrived right on time, but ran a little small on me. Which is fine, I understood that ordering clothes with Asian sizing would be a little snug. I like a snug fit.

abdous
11/21/14

When i bought this chain and wore it to work, my colleagues were all talking about it. This prompted me to buy ten more chains which am giving as Christmas present. Very nice gold chain.

anilm2
11/21/14

The responses for our disputes and other questions are very prompt and positive, I really commend this.

rebeccah24
11/21/14

i know they are famous,but the hand-made needs more effort,im ok with them,just please deliver faster next time.

oliveg1
11/21/14

These beautiful dance shoes are very comfortable, the colour goes with any colour dress and the service from LightinThe Box was great. Just ordered from them again.

susanw55

malithm
11/20/14

Excellent services thanks....

78 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: i bought a g9220 dual sim cellphone and i only have one sim card how can i make this phone work with one sim card without it saying emergency on the screen?
8/2/12
Answer
lyndaa
A: Hi, well we all hope to get just what we order but so far this site has been fine for me. If you order and pay with a credit card you are more protected and even if you received something you are not happy with just go to returns section to let them know you want to send the item back and they will put the money back into your account. As the company is not in Britain it does take more time to process and deliver, but some patience is needed. Some customers say they get no reply from customer services but I did so I cannot complain. Check you go to the correct customer service form to fill in and they should reply. To get your replies I think we need to go to our 'orders' then click on the particular order item number and your up to date details should come up. If you have a reply it should be there. After they have answered you the page will say something like enquiry completed / closed. Hope you have some better luck getting what you want without any hassle. regards Lynda
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: How is the light products & man's wear?
4/5/15
Answer
lucyh13
A: I think if you are going to order from the site you must know more about ordering from China first. It can take weeks for a delivery to arrive and there may for some reason be a delay with the shipping so allow at least 4 weeks for a delivery. The products I ordered have been absolutely fantastic. Some items are lesser quality than others but if you want best quality go to London and pay the prices!!!! Clothing can come smaller from China but this is really common knowledge, answer, order bigger!! Hope this helps!
4 days ago