US Government's NSF

2044 reviews
77%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

zarinaa2

Overall, the customer service was fast efficient and even though I had some rough times, they helped me alot. (in 226 reviews)

abdulhadim

DO NOT TELL ME GO TO MY ORDER AND CLICK ON ASK ....DUTIES . (in 723 reviews)

nidhid1

Thank you Lightinthebox for timely delivery of my dress. (in 278 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

shaquanaf
12/16/15

I placed an order over a week ago. Watches were set to ship within 24 hours the rest within 1-4 days with 3-5 day shipping. i thought that would be great and everything would be here in time for Christmas- i was WRONG. WE are now on day 8 and my order is still processing. And because there is no way to contact customer Service, im pretty much screwed on this order. Luckily i can contact my bank and get my money back. but i would have much rather just had my items vs goin through all this extra stuff. If you can help yourselves, please shop elswhere, these people take forever!!!

UPDATE: My order status has changed to shipped, but they have provided me with a fake tracking number that does not show up in the shippers system at all. Now i have no way of knowing if they actually shipped it or if i should just call my bank and request a refund - which i think i am going to do anyway because they seem to be a fraudulent company who do the same thing to every one. I read reviews on FB and everyone is having the same issues. I wouldnt recommend ordering from them.

dawns40

great service

alanc60
12/15/15

Hi everyone, I would highly recommend buying from someone other than Light in the Box. I ordered a playstation controller nearly a month ago and it has still yet to come. I even paid to increase shipping speed. In my attempts to track the order I was always brought to a error page and unable to find any customer service help. I believe this is all just a scam.

patriciao25
12/15/15

I ordered a wig from this site. The picture of the wig was very full and natural looking. When it arrived I was disappointed to find that aside from the colour the wig was nothing like the picture shown on the website. The wig was very scanty and light. I wrote two reviews on the lightinthebox website stating this but both times my reviews were removed/deleted.

lynm5
12/15/15

21/10/15 I requested a RMA code from Light in the box as the product was of such poor quality plus there were dirty smears on the top towards the top of the comforter or bottom depending which way you place it.
22/10/15 Customer Service asked for photos of the problem.
26/10/15 said they had not heard from me I explained that I was 70 years of age and did not know how to send photos to an email address on my iphone and was trying to find the battery charger for my camera (I had just moved house and had not unpacked all the boxes)
2/11/15 sent photos explaining that while taking the photos I found yet another spot. I couldn’t believe that it would leave the factory in such a condition.
2/11/15 Customer Service apologised and said 2 alternatives a full refund or they would ship me a replacement.
2/11/15 I refused the product as the quality was so poor and requested a refund.
2/11/15 Customer Service said we apologise for unqualified product we will arrange a refund of $109.94 for you immediately and you do not have to return the item and it normally takes 3-5 business days check your pay pal account.
10/11/15 I informed them that I had not received the refund.
11/11/15 quite a few emails on this day basically they will not refund until product returned
11/11/15 I said I would not trust them because from the first the photos of product were inaccurate, a dirty product sent, then a refund promised do they think that I am insane and I will spend more money I live in Australia and postage is very expensive by the time it is boxed it would be 2 kilos. The cost to China would be ½ the price again for the product as it needs to be sent with a tracking number. I do not trust them and will not play the game. I paid my money on the 8th October and I have a product that I honestly can not use in my home the quality is so poor - this has been a disappointment on many levels. Beware

georges163
12/15/15

I order a tables almost s month ago I haven't receive and no one to talk to

andrewm156
12/15/15

Ordered a 16gb flash drive on 01/12/15 and it's now 15/12/15 and still not received it. They have no general enquiries line and you have to jump through all sorts of hoops just to complain. Completely impersonal and unprofessional service. I only paid just over £5 so I'm not too much at a loss but for more expensive things others might want it's best just to stay away and save your money.

marcusp15
12/14/15

I made the mistake of not researching this company before purchase. I made a purchase for some Christmas presents. I did it about a month in advance and did a bit of shopping around to find a place with what I wanted in the time I needed it. Their estimated processing time was 1-10 days. The shipping was 6-8 days. In total, the maximum time for me to receive it would be 18 days. So I figured at the most, I would still be getting it well in advance of Christmas, which I liked because it gave them a little bit of room encase it took a day or two longer to process. It is now the 14th and I went to check the tracking to see when it would be here. It has not even left China yet. They are now saying it will go out on the 18th. Which is well over the 10 days max processing time. I was honestly not too upset because I figured since it hadn't left yet I would just cancel it and get my money back and shop local, no big deal. WRONG. Their cancellation policy is that you only receive 50% of the money back. Even if it hasn't shipped yet. This started to worry me so I tried to contact customer support. There is no number, you just have the option to open tickets. Which is fine, but it wont let you open tickets under most options. I was forced to open one under an unrelated issue. Here is to hoping they get back to me and resolve this.

This review is more in regards to the whole process. Even if they do resolve my issue and refund my money, this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. Upon reading all of the negative reviews, I am starting to worry if they will even resolve this issue for me.

In summary. Do not waste your time with this website and if this isn't enough to convince you of that, just read all of the negative reviews all over the internet about this website.

tomb169
12/14/15

I ordered some goods in late November, and went into their website over a week ago to find some tracking information. I called Greyhound Shipping based on the info posted on the website. The rep at Greyhound spent quite a bit of time with me trying to assist in finding a way to track the order based on the info posted by Lightinthebox, but could find nothing, and told be that they've had many calls similar in nature to mine. I could not find any way on the website to contact Ligthinthebox to clarify.

janec73
12/13/15

I ordered a lap top bag in November and is was despatched on 30th. This has still not arrived after three weeks, This is disgusting and by the look of the other reviews I probably won't. Disgusted especially as you cannot even contact them.

stevenc90
12/13/15

My order which was ordered on 11-17-15..... Never came, still not here and light in the box has done nothing except refuse to give a refund

as3056
12/12/15

I ordered a novelty mug that took over 30 days to arrive and it was in pieces. The return policy online suggested that I take pictures with the delivery person handing it to me to 'prove' that it had arrived that way, it seemed like such a hassle, I was hoping there was an easier way to get in contact for assistance and actual customer service.

daveb118
12/12/15

Where is my order? I would change my review if I actual receive my product with no additional issues. The laser pen was priced to good to be true. I feel like an idiot. No tracking, I hope I learn to look at reviews before making future purchases.

angelar48
12/12/15

I ordered a wedding dress paid additional customs fee which was advertised during payment process. Unfortunately dress doesn't fit and with 5 weeks till my wedding am getting a bit stressed. Sent email asking about exchange / refund and no reply. Finally ordered another dress ( bigger size) and it still is "processing" says will ship in two weeks. I have sent about 4 emails requesting assistance and get a bounce back email doesn't exist now. I have tried calling the number "number temporarily not in service". The online return form takes you to a " this site is not in working order". I'm getting a bit worried with just 4 weeks shy of my wedding. I have every right in my mind to call my bank and cancel both payments perhaps then I will hear from "customer service". Unfortunate too good to be true

matthewt36
12/12/15

The order and item were fine. Until you are left to pay a large custom bill which is not clearly explained when you order. Customer service is at best very rude. Please shop else where and dont give your business to these guys.

To be fair to them after a bit of nagging they have issued a 50% refund on the custom duties

Tip for consumers: Dont !

sarahd93
12/11/15

I ordered a gift for Christmas on 11/28, have yet to receive it and no tracking information. There is no customer service to call, all you can do it submit a ticket which is not a helpful resolution method for customers. After reading these reviews I am deeply regretting purchasing from the company. I have never written a review before but felt it my duty to warn other consumers. Stick with a customer friendly company like Amazon. I wish I had.

marisolm1
12/10/15

I ordered party favors & paid extra for express shipping. Received it late & refused it. This occurred in Oct & they stated they refund my money when they receive my return shipment. I haven't received a dime & all the supervisors response via email is "We haven't received it". Like really? Nearly 3months later? They beat me for my money but I gaurantee that the Lord, my Lord Jesus will repay them within time. I'm not the only one, apparently this is a common complaint from poor unsuspecting customers. Please beware...#BUNCHOFTHEIVES

shelleym20
12/9/15

I ordered 2 pr of shoes. They were shipped in bags not boxes so the shoes were bent and damaged upon receipt. One pr was the correct size but the other marked the same size. was a size smaller. So I am out of pocket $100 between duty, the original price of the shoes and the exchange. I will not be ordering from this company again. I would have preferred to speak to a company rep but there is not a number to call....

ancal
12/8/15

I strongly advise against using this company for orders. I recently placed 2 orders, got charged for delivery at the time of placing the order, which was fine, but after my parcel was shipped, I got a text from DHL, the courier, asking me to pay another £20 for duty and customs. Never while ordering have I been advised that more charges would be added. I'm not paying for this fee, so they can keep their parcel. Of course, they refused refund.

kirbyd11
12/7/15

I waited a weeksfor my item to SHIP, then, when I found that it would ship within 3 weeks, cancelled my order and asked to be removed from all email lists. I IMMEDIATELY started getting multiple emails a day. It took over a month of editing settings in my account and requesting to be removed from email lists so that now I only get multiple emails a day during Black Friday and Christmas specials, apparently. Massive spam daily which NEVER stops, no matter how hard you try to make it, takes over a month for the product to even ship.

emeleighc
12/7/15

You should honestly be required to have "CHEAP QUALITY AND OVERPRICED, SCAM AT THE END WITH INSANE SHIPPING PRICES" at the very top of your site. Also pop ups to alert the customer that you refuse to provide refunds and stupid customer
Oh, and LightInTheBox, don't respond with your stupid 'we're sorry we suck, take a ticket' or some stupid programmed response, then that would just prove how little your company cares about it's customers.

tashaf5
12/5/15

Ordered two items never received, went back onto the site and there's no prove of order lucky I went through PayPal so should get a refund. STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT IN A BOX IT'S A SCAM.

jeunellev
12/5/15

I ordered shipments from this website in November and received all but 1 item on this site. As compensation they PROMISED to return money back into my PAYPAL account. later i received a NEW ticket saying they are NOT ALLOWED to give back my money. I AM VERY UPSET as i DO NOT want to have this happen to me again. this has been a long process and i have yet to see this credit in my rewards & credit section. If you get ALL your items then amazing you are the lucky one. If you didn't and expect your money to come back...good luck.

THIS WEBSITE IS TERRIBLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!

melt192
12/4/15

I can't believe I spent over $250 on this site. I just got so excited to see dresses that looked perfect for my bridal shower at such a price and brooches that would be beautiful on my boqet. So sad. I was such a sucker. The dresses both fit so wrong in all the wrong places. Itty bitty waist with tiny torsos but huge skirts . The sleeves on one were enormous while the sleeves on another were so thin. And one smelled AWFUL. I work in a vet clinic and I literally thought my dog had expressed his anal glands when I took the dress out before I realized where the smell was coming from. And I ordered 5 brooches and a pair of earrings and the earring were not the ones I ordered and they didn't send one brooch but two others I didn't order..! Now I'm struggling through the 1 response, back and forth, ticket process to try and get my refunds before my 30 day limit is up and they can say, "too bad! Thanks for your money, sucker!" And that's only for the second order I placed a day after my 1st because I got so excited; the first order didn't even offer a ticket option! :(
>>In regards to the whole Ticket submissions - I placed mine immediately and all the responses I got were, "We're sorry, please take pictures," then "we're sorry, please tell us what was wrong," finally "We're sorry, but we've determined that you can't just return products because they "didn't work out,"" all of which took place over the course of two weeks! Finally, after a scathing response, they said they were sorry and would fully refund if I could get all the items shipped back at my own exspense by the original 30 day return date. HA! what a JOKE! That's what I call online swindling. Not a respectable business in my opinion by any means and would just recommend you save your money, time and headaches for somewhere closer to home.

anjanm
12/4/15

The most fake online shopping I ever seen!! I gave a order for mobile cover in 03-11-2015.. But till now I didn't got it... It is direct robbery from coustomer.. Be aware with this online shopping !! Shame on you ...

allanr14
12/4/15

Awaiting resolution from Paypal. No contact from Lightinthebox. Shame I cant leave 0.
I know that my payment will be returned, please check this sites feedback before buying.

charlesm125
12/3/15

I ordered an AC adaptor, and it never arrived, tracking just stopped working, and there was no way to contact Light in the Box (the dispute procedure was completely missing). The site is almost criminal...avoid at all costs.

They have asked me to submit a ticket, but the ticket process must be well hidden as I cannot find it. There is no help area for "did not receive item" anywhere in there FAQ, and no email for customer service.

sherrih9
12/3/15

Advise- DO NOT SHOP HERE.
I can not review the clothing because I did not receive the item.
I purchased item 11/29 and paid extra for fast 3 day shipping so I could wear my dress for my company meeting. They estimated the arrival 12/9 after my meeting is over..... That is 10 days not 3 as advertised. Since it was not shipped yet I asked for a return and they said I could get half of my money back to cancel my order..... Crazy!!!! Do not shop here. No phone number for contact. Only email and it is long wait for response.

reshmas1
12/3/15

I have ordered few makeup items which I need to use on 21st december for a party. So please do not delay in processing and shipment. It is a request.

leticiam4
12/2/15

I purchased 3 items from them. Wall decals for my house. After 4 weeks they arrived in what I can only describe as an extra long toilet roll. Given the limited protection the 2 items inside were pretty messed up. One item wasn't even there. I posted my comments on the "review this item" attached pictures and waited. After no response after a week I went back and read the refund policy and raised a ticket per item. The next day I had 2 tickets cancelled advising they would deal with all matters on one ticket.
After 10 business days and many follow ups from me I received a copy and paste apology along with half my refund. Now the ticket is closed so I have to raise a new ticket about the incorrect ticket.
I figure they work on making it so hard you will just give up.
Never use this site unless you are happy to waste time and money.
Order placed October 10 2015- December 3 still unresolved.

saharc
12/2/15

I ordered wedding shoes under the order number 1510161215124688. The order was shipped via super saving shipping on 10-24-2015. Today we are 12-02-2015 ans still didn't receive my order.

loub36
12/1/15

This review is not necessarily aimed at this particular retailer but applies to all Chinese Retailers and in particular those selling electronic equipment. From my experience from doing a tremendous amount of online shopping over the years it seems Chinese Retailers as opposed to North American Merchants all have the same business model namely:
• They will all take your money up front and without hesitation, regardless of whether or not the Item you purchased is in stock, discontinued, pre-sale, etc.
• At no time during the buying process are you notified of any of the above issues
• They are all extremely tardy in responding to support or ticket enquiries
• Response will sometimes reluctantly be forthcoming if a negative review is posted on an online review site. There is no guarantee of this happening however
• There are countless lame excuses offered up for late shipments
• Support for the products they sell is virtually nonexistent
• Refunds are never offered and always late in issuance
• They do not appear to exhibit any shame or remorse for any of the above shortcomings
I find it rather ironic that if North American Retailers carried out business in this same manner they would soon be forced to close due to consumer complaints and lack of business. Yet for some reason we continue to support Chinese marketing practices. Could it be we are chasing the proverbial deal of a lifetime. If this is the case then I think it is rather asinine on our part to continue to post negative reviews for these Chinese Merchants when in reality we are ones responsible for their very existence and are master of our own fate

annyl4
12/1/15

I am going threw the same thing. The company they use for shipping has no valid number to be reached, everytime I have asked for my order they tell you the same stupid stuff. This is unacceptable and plus they make you pay for faster shipping. More coments should be put up so people can know how bad this people are with no after sale service or even worst you never get nothing from them. Then they keep on telling to take a freaking ticket to talk to them WTF something should be done here. Especially on there Facebook page

myottec
11/28/15

I odered my bridal shoes from them, and they were gorgeous, and shipping was very fast.

annh51
11/27/15

I ordered a couple of items on the 9th of November they said it would take 10-20 business days to arrive its now November 28th and i have yet to get anything NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE!! Horrible customer service horrible tracking service just plan horrible site don't shop on litb

erniet6
11/27/15

I am trying to cancel two orders that have not shipped or been processed. Seems like it should be a fairly straight forward process, and not take too long if you cancel orders within 48 hours, right? WRONG!!!. Can't talk to anyone...must do all online.
These remarks are a big reason for not wanting to wait for the items.

I have tickets in on both orders. But with LTB you do simply get delayed for no obvious reason.. Think twice before ordering from them. The "Processing" takes MUCH longer than expected..then you have shipping. So, if you pay for expedited service you still may be waiting over a month for your product. Shipping charges are too high for the speed.. A shame...such potential if they would get their act together.

12/2/UPDATE...Lightinthebox contacted me...offered to get the products to me faster, but again, it was going to take a month to get the items. They just returned most of my payment via PayPal...but it will take longer if you use a credit card. Again..they have potential as a company IF they would work on their processing times. I believe it is because many of their products are not made until someone orders them...that slows the process. Also, if you read the reviews you will see they need to better size compare their products. Finally, work on quality. Prices are great but most would pay a bit more if the quality was better. ET

annieg20

Order No- 1511241415673932
Where's my order?” - Awful site! They've taken money from my account but never sent me a confirmation! When I tried to log back in it kept telling me my log in details were wrong! I finaly managed to log on through facebook only to be told I had no orders with them!!!! They never reply to emails and when I went on their facebook page they don't awnser you (despite being online to post new deals!)

jos4401
11/26/15

Just received my order!!!! I ordered JET BLACK!!!! Got hair with MASSIVE MIXTURE OF BROWN AND RED!!!!!!! I have included pics which obviously show the difference between my current JET BLACK extensions PLACED on the right to your item. Obviously your product NOT JET BLACK!!!!! Ridiculous!!! PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THEY HAVE GOTTEN MY ORDER WRONG. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAT TO ORDER FROM THERE AGAIN!!!! I spent a lot of money to get EXPIDITED SHIPPING WHICH WAS NOT MET AND WHEN I DID RECEIVE THE ITEM IT WAS FAR BELOW THE PAR YOUR SITE HAD DESCRIBED THE ITEM!!!!!!

This site also MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO ASK THEM ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY PLACED AN ORDER AND EVEN THEN YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR A PLACE TO SEND INQUIRIES WITHIN YOUR ORDER DETAILS!!!!

SO IN RESPONSE TO THIS REVIEW AND MY NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THEM THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THE GALL TO SEND ME THIS REQUEST!!!! WHICH ONLY SERVES MY POINT THAT NO ONE ON THIS SITE HAS THE SLIGHTEST CLUE ABT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND/OR PRODUCT!!!!!:

LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] Dear Customer,
Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please submit a Customer Service ticket about your concerns and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Here is the way how you can contact them:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html, and our customer service team will help you there.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!

matthewa37
11/26/15

Just received a CCTV unit. Paid over £20 delivery and then when the guy from UPS shows up I had to pay £28.21 import tax.
This is not told to you at the point of sale, which is terrible and there is no customer service available.
DO NOT USE

harmonya1
11/25/15

Was weary about ordering off this site, I wish I read the reviews first! Paid for my order and the money was taken out of my account but I didn't receive an email or anything about my order being shipped. There is no way to contact these people, what kind of company is this? A big thumbs down from me that's for sure !

patricks79
11/25/15

This business web page has become an order generator with payment facility and no customer service or followup. There is no contact info, no email, no phone, a malfunctioning or nonexistent customer service ticket facility. The links are a circle jerk back to the same page of instructions that ultimately goes no where. My order number 1510302315308172 was made Oct 30, 2015 and paid immediately (verified by my bank), they say the order shipped Nov 6, 2015 via Sunyou Mail Sunyou, WTF is that, Malaysian mail ?.. and here it is Nov 25, 2015, almost a month, and I've seen nothing, heard nothing, cannot contact anyone and I am frustrated and getting ready to call my credit card company about this matter. The unavailability of a viable customer service link is totally UNACCEPTABLE and an email is essential if not a phone number. this situation has gone on long enough to appear intentional rather than just a malfunction.... if the company cares about its customers, it will get this deficiency taken care of and shorten the delivery times... that is assuming that my order is still coming after a month now

tiffanym37
11/24/15

I ordered a wall decal for my sons room early October was set to arrive 10/15/15. I contacted the company 3x to request communication about the whereabouts of my package when I did not receive it and asked for a refund. I was finally offered a $5 credit if I spent more than twice that (as if I'd ever order ANYTHING from them again) and told by "Sarah" in customer service there was nothing else they could do and to call my post office ..as of today 11/23/15 my package is delayed somewhere in New York and I am out the $23 spent. Beyond disappointed with this experience and will never order from this site again.

oladayob
11/24/15

i purchased an item over 2month over now and the shipment is now more 30 business day.i have not received my item and i submitted a ticket,i was told that the airmail has not done anything concerning the shipping that i should wait till 25th of november.if i didnt get it i should contact back and i paid for the shipping nothing been done.if i cant received my item before the end of this week, i want my money to be refund back.

alexm144
11/23/15

They keep saying wait......now after a month they say they will reship in ten days if still not delivered

update it finally arrived 36 days after order..........

donnaw58
11/21/15

What happen to customer service ? If you have a problem there's no one to talk to,there's no number to call.....what kind of business is this ?light in the box needs to be more receptive to the consumer ,you're running a business ..

Tip for consumers: Be careful

ul17
11/21/15

The pants I irdered supposed to be hot pink as it pictured on the website but after almost 3 months, tge shipment drlivered to my place, the pants I received is neon orange, nothing close to pink. Very disappointed & I hardly wear it. I wanted to return it but I'm not going to wait for another 3 months for the exchange.
Here is what hot pink should looks like:

resaw
11/20/15

I ordered several outfits for my children in July and they arrived within a couple of weeks. To my dismay, only a few of the outfits actually fit as they should have. I measured as the site stated. All other outfits (maybe 10) where too short. Some spandex leggings were actually stuck together and the color had came off onto the other legs so were blotchy and no longer blue. Anyways I had to send back the most economical way and had to pay for myself (this cost $108 and took over 1 month) for light in the box to receive. Finally get word that light in the box receives it and will refund my money but they forget that they have to refund my shipping costs. I have to send emails to remind them this. Set up a paypal account for the shipping refund which I did receive after 3 weeks. But still haven't received the rest of my $300 refund after continuously being told to wait another 25 days again and again.
Too many emails, too much time wasted, not good product, no phone number to contact, still haven't received my money, not a good review

pamp16
11/18/15

Poor service item s never received

georgew66
11/17/15

Ordered cycle handle bar riser money has been paid via PayPal but have not received package ?

davidg197
11/16/15

Order 3 faucits one had a threading defect and needed to be replaced. The other had a sprinkle head that stopped working and needed to be replaced which i opened a ticket for on Sept 27th. They sent me an entire new faucit which took almost month to arrive but without a sprinkle head, the one part i needed. I had sent a photo to begin with to ensure they knew what part i needed. I raised a new ticket Oct 22nd and they came straight back to me saying "We are sorry for the confusion and will check with our related department about this issue. It may take 1-2 days to get a response and we will inform you as soon as we get any update." November 16th today after 3 more requests for an update and all im still getting is We are awaiting update from the supplier.We thank you for your understanding in this matter".

178 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
jims175
A: they are as i think. an under sellers for Aliexpress or Alibaba the chinees product markt. go and look there . they are more trustfull.
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Coupons for LightInTheBox

No coupon code needed
Shop now at LightInTheBox to save!
Go to LightInTheBox