US Government's NSF

Beijing, China 100015
feedback@lightinthebox.com

337 Reviews for LightInTheBox

Review Highlights

I have to return two cell phones to this website located in china.

I would have paid more to get higher quality product.

Once an order is placed you cannot talk to customer service apparently.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/16/14

I bought nail art brushes and I'm so happy with them - great quality brushes! They are very easy and comfortable to use even from beginners. Good range of shape and sizes for all kind of nail art. Definitely recommend!

7/16/14

Always happy with the product, great customer service, fast shipping. Great!

7/16/14

I think LightInTheBox provide me with a great service so thank's very much guys.

7/15/14

I have shopped a couple of times from light in the box and have found great range and prices. Fast shipping and I am in Australia. Great service all round

7/15/14

I m very very happy i find this site!!!!! i m totally thanlfull!!!!

7/15/14

Always a great experience, great prices, and fast service.

7/15/14

Items arrived in perfect condition! Fast delivery.

7/15/14

very impressed with the product the detail is amazing. Looks fab on my cakes. Would highly recommend.

7/15/14

I absolutely love it! looking forward to buying more stuff off them

7/15/14

I have not had any bad experience with light in the box.

7/15/14

Love this company! The clothing and accessories are made to my expectations! I got my engagement dress from here, it is stunning! I will recommend this website to anyone and everyone. I got most of my wedding accessories from here: veil, tiara and shoes! Love them all! Their shipping is always on time or sooner, the clothes and accessories are always packed neatly! They're easy to work with and very understanding!

7/15/14

I shop at LightInTheBox regularly - mostly, electronics, parts, gadgets. Never had a real problem - once (many years ago) has some sort of an issue with the order and it was resolved easily and quickly.
Free shipping from China takes a while - that is to be expected, of course. If you want it faster, pay for the faster service instead of b*tching later.
Just bought a swimsuit for my daughter (my first clothing purchase from them, I think). She absolutely loves it. Fairly thin fabric but seems to be of good quality. She checked and it does not go transparent when wet. And a very unique design. Now my other daughters want one!

7/15/14

Excellent products and services. I live in Barbados and I am never disappointed. The Chinese need to be copied in how they treat customers and in their work ethics

Good quality. Good communication

7/15/14

A beautiful necklace and very creative design and looks great on my wife

7/15/14

My experience with LightIntheBox has always been excellent! Their products and delivery service are impeccable! Thanks this website, it gives an opportunity to people with a low budget to finally give themselves something nice.

7/14/14

The range of products available is exceptional and it is often difficult to stop myself ordering extra items. The order process is very easy and costs are low ( I have seen products in shops that are priced over ten times the Light in The Box price. Delivery is very fast and all these details make the whole experience enjoyable. Thank you.

7/14/14

Thanks for the gift. Beautiful colors.

7/14/14

Quality clothing and extremely well made, perfect fit. Great communication and delivery.

7/14/14

I had a great experience buying from Light In The Box. Very reasonable price for a great, hard to find product ! I finally found over the knee socks in the color I wanted, through Light In The Box. No other websites had the color I wanted, but they did !

7/10/14

I am very disappointed so far with this company. The dresses look immaculate however they are virtually impossible to get ahold of after your order has been placed. When I chose the color of the dress they gave a processing time frame of 2-4 days and expedited shipping for 3-5 days. After my payment has been processed and they give a date for shipment it is for July 22nd!! I have had no way to verbally to talk a person to ask why the processing time is not what was given at the time that I placed the order? I understand and appreciate that the dress is tailor made, but it seems like I will not get my dress in time for my event. Even if they are not able to meet the 2-4 days as stated when I chose the color of the dress. I would like to get talk to someone about getting the dress overnighted or 2 days air. How can I get the issues resolved when I have to try to contact them through a link to ask a question about "customs"? Just be careful when placing a order. Now I am out of money and a dress in time for my event by the end of the month.

7/10/14

Initial order was delivered to South Africa and destroyed a few days later because I gave my postal address. The money was refunded, but I had to re-order the whole consignment. Second time round USPS could not track the parcel, and I had to phone four times to get the parcel released. The products looks fine though.

7/9/14

I ordered some bridesmaids gifts it took them 15 days to contact me because the personalization is too long (even though it doesn't say anything on the website about the size limit.) I change the personalization (which can only be 10 characters) and then they contact me days later and tell me that item cannot even be personalized!!! So I tell them to send it without the personalization and now they a out of stock on that item. At this point I want nothing more to do with them but they send my second item. Gets here quick except that customs will not allow the product into Canada. I try to contact them by phone there is no phone number, took me 20 mins to figure out how to contact them. Waiting on the response but I'm pretty sure they are not going to give me a refund and say that I need to pay for shipping for the return which is more then I paid for the item itself.

7/7/14

I ordered 2 dresses for a wedding and chose expedited shipping. I did not choose any of the custom made options. I chose the basic sizes. When my confirmation came through is when it told me when I would receive the dresses. I wouldn't receive them until 2 weeks after the wedding. I chose to cancel the order and received a very unprofessional email back and was told I could not get most of my $$ back on the dress. The email consisted of them wishing that there customers would read the fine print (which was about custom dresses...they don't clearly state that regular sizes are custom dresses also) and how I have wasted the time of their workers and wasted their materials since the materials that have already been used to make the dresses must be thrown away. If they though trying to guilt trip me was the professional way and a way to get me to come back they thought WRONG. This happened to my friend also. I will NEVER use this site and will not be recommending it to anyone. I ended up finding a website called ASOS and ordered a gorgeous dress from there. They are based out of the UK. I ordered my dress on a Sunday and received it that tuesday. The dress is great quality and fit perfectly.

7/7/14

I ordered a wedding dress from here it came but I had to pay DHL an extra £23. The dress looks rubbish its very cheap looking, rubbish material it also has a mark on the back of it. I contacts lightinthebox and raised a ticket to return it, I got a response saying because the dress was custom made (it wasnt is was a standard size) i could not return it. They offered a discount or a voucher (not covering the full cost). I have message them back saying the dress is not suitable and does not match the look of the dress in the picture and to send me the documentation to return it and to confirm i will get a full refund. If they continue to say they dont accept returns i will be taking this to my solicitor. I would advise people never to buy from these.

7/5/14

I wish I would have visited this site before purchasing a birthday gift for my nephew. this website is a scam and should not be allowed to be in business. they told me that a jacket ordered online was custom made when I gave them no specific requirements it was just a picture on their website so they refused to give me my money back. Fraud...... I plan to fight this in any way i can.There is no way this should be allowed. DO NOT SHOP HERE

7/4/14

Toronto Canada,I dont usually write reviews but this situation was pretty baddddd. I ordered a dress for my wedding from light in the box, it took less than two weeks, not bad. Expedited shipping was an additional cost although the promotion advertised that it was free. When DHL arrived at my door, they were demanding additional $52 for dutie taxes. Huh? I read the fine print before ordering and it said nothing about dutie taxes. Pissed and unprepared, I had to send the dress back with DHL. Cant get hold of anyone from the company that gives a crap. email email email till your fingers fall off. It's not worth the stress.

7/3/14

My new favorite site! I managed to track down several outfits I had not been able to find in the US. I was a little worried my items would arrive and be cheap knock offs (I'm not sure how well policed some of the China based companies are) but my items arrived Exactly as described! I had read that shipping could take awhile (witch was fine because I understood the items were coming from China) but was pleasantly surprised when my items arrived after only 9 days. The only thing you should know before purchasing is you have to pay a fee because you're shipping from a foreign country. So whatever the price of the item double it.

7/2/14

Ordered a dress, received it only to find it to be about 6 inches too small across the back. very unhappy. could not talk to anyone have to write emails. I am waiting for a response and RMA # to return the dress...

7/2/14

MY advice to all out there , STAY AWAY FROM THIS TYPE OF ONLINE SHOPPING---- they are all Chinese , the quality is total Chinese crap, and when the order goes wrong, they wont do anything to help...
I ordered 5 items once, only 2 were ALMOST ok!! they were all smelly ! one of them was stained.. the other one had a hole in it.! and the two that I liked a bit , shrunk after one wash!!
there is only one way to contact them and that's by email. they wont do refunds, they only offer you discounts on your next order !! ( if you ever bother again)!!

7/1/14

STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!! ITS FRAUD AND THEY WILL CON YOU!!
They do not mention that when the delivery arrives you have to pay extra, I have had to pay £24 for one dtress and £18 for another which are of poor cheap quality material, they do not fit, I have now tried to return the item and have been told I cannot return. They have no phone number to ring, I now know why, as they are very unprofessional and fake.

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

6/30/14

Very very dissapointed. I ordered a dress for a wedding...I was a bridesmaid and the dress fit nd was very nice but as soon as I got it..the zipper got stuck . I thought I had fixed it but the day of the wedding, I zipped it up and zipper broke. So needless to say I didnt have a bridesmaids dress so as you can imagine I was not pleased and neither was the bride. I was in the Dominican ..not like I could find something else before the wedding!!! And the worst part was they would not refund..they agreed to give me a discount so a part of my money back. And never received it. This website is absolute bull$#*!. Will never order anything from these greedy bastards again.

6/30/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!! The only way you are getting a product fast is if you are a channel reveiwer! They take a long long long time to send things, to the US at least. Also when your product does take forever and you are like... WHERE THE HECK IS IT? You can not call and talk to a real person. You have to communicate through email that takes all day for reponse!

6/27/14

This website very froud. I have M.HORSE cellphone.I ordered goods lightinthebox site.I payment western union money transfer through lightinthebox 82 USD.but payment sucsessfully after say beneficiary name wrong .not shipped my order.
Very very very froud. Very big froud.
Please carefull site very bad.chetters site.not good responds.not delivery.only mony received.froud site(my order number 1406192307953677)sakkir8764@yahoo.com

6/27/14

I ordered a dress that when it arrived did not match the measurements from the site. Apparently it was a "made to order" and they will not refund my $170.00. My only option is to pay them more to get it resized!
Because they are in CHINA, even though it is a CA address, I have no recourse!
DO NOT GET STUCK like I did!!

6/24/14

I placed an order with light in box and was hoping to get this order soon, they had a promotion for express deliver. Still the order will take 1 month to get here!, I will never order anything from your site again! Will not recommend to any one! It seems the quality sucks so I'm glad I cancelled my order.

6/23/14

NEVER RECEIVED MY ORDER!!!! Website says shipped 22 days ago, but does not do me much good since I have not received it. I was going to order other items, glad I did not. no method of reaching customer service. DO NOT ORDER FROM LIGHT IN THE BOX if you expect customer service.

6/21/14

so far I haven't gotten my stuff and a few days ago it said that the stuff had been shipped and now it says that it isn't shipped because we didn't pay, but IT IS payed for because my money is gone. never going to shop there again even if I get the stuff and their in good shape.

6/20/14

Bought curtains and they are just junk, cheap material and poorly finished. There was also a charge of £21 on delivery which was not made clear at any point of the transaction. I have asked to return them but they will only refund £13 due to being made to order. Avoid this seller as the whole process is really just a con. I ended up paying just under £100 for a what are just rags.

6/19/14

ordered a bolero ended up 3 sizes smaller than ordered . It looked so crappy with stitches coming off and not the style in the pictures so wouldnt even wear if was in the size that I ordered StAY CLEAR AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

6/18/14

Do not shop here!!! I wish I would have seen this page earlier=( It could have saved us a lot of time an energy,... We've ordered four dresses and are trying to return them, as it says on their homepage:

"Products with no quality-related issues can be returned within 14 days of receiving your order. "

They have replied to us three times, but never answered our question, but send out standardized emails. I guess they are trying to make sure that the 14 days are over so that we can't send it back!!!

Standardizized answers seem to be their strategy: a lot of the one star ratings got the same message from them, saying they are sure they can solve their problem. Well, we will see if the can solve our problem.... I have just send them a fourth email and hope to hear back,...

6/18/14

avoid or you will get stung for customs duties. this isnt clear on the checkout process. so just a warning. my order was under £40, but yet dhl demanding over £15 in duties

6/17/14

I ordered a silver colored shawl that I wanted to attend a wedding. I paid for expedited shipping. The shawl came after the wedding three weeks later. Very misleading. In the middle of the back of the silver shawl, there is ruby colored thread, makes it look like there's a stain on the shawl (must have run out of silver thread and they certainly didn't care). I would never make another purchase with them. If I could give them a zero star I would.

6/17/14

Here is your previous review on our site for reference: Very very pleased with this clock which is so suitable for our now 9yr old Granddaughter, but will equally suit the room for the occasional guest of whatever age, as it is cute without being cartoonish, and keeps time with it's pendulum swinging! The construction is of resin and therefore fairly solid, and this clock should have a very long life and always look as fresh as now. Also very impressed with LightInTheBox service as we had a slight problem in our original choice and had to abandon that order for this clock instead, and this was absolutely no problem to them, order was cancelled immediately, no fuss. They have named personnel responding to customers so it is a very personal service and immediate replies. Excellent. Had only found their site by chance but see that it is packed with good ideas so I feel I shall be a regular customer based on this experience. The items are of a quality often described on websites but sometimes a let down on receipt of an order, but this clock would be saleable in any good fancy goods store.

6/16/14

it was very good experiment !!!
all things I bought was excellent: the size , the material was perfect
thanks light in the box

6/16/14

Do not use them. They do not say you have to pay import duty. My clothes came to £42 and the amount I paid to ups was £21.54 that's 50% extra. Doesn't make them cheap to use. I had already paid extra for the delivery from their side. So that means I paid extra for then to have ups charge me a handling fee for something I have already paid for!!
Feel ripped off

6/15/14

I wish I could give a zero star rating - one star is to exaggerate.
I've send back three items back to this company four months ago and I never received my money from them. Every time I write to them, I keep receiving the same standard message, that "I will hear from the account department within 5-7 working days". Four months have passed now, all I got was that reply four times now.

All I can say to people, who consider ordering from this company is DONT!!
Don't bother, its not worth risking.
Besides their clothes does not match their pictures. That's one of the reasons why I've returned them

6/15/14

Very good site, helpful photographs. Would have been helpful to know exact extra costs of taxes and import duties before checkout. The taxes & import duties etc. amounted to nearly double the price of the item bought.

6/14/14

Should be negative 10. Ordered two dress for wedding they were late. One dress was ok after I had it altered the other dress is horrible. The worst is I was cured a huge custom charge about 3 weeks after I got the dresses. So I actually paid for the dresses 4 times. And they were not worth the price of one dress. I could have bought a better dress at Walmart. Beware !!!!!!!!!!!

6/14/14

I bought things from this website,happy with the delivery service, on time. The products are not too bad. Will shop here again for clothing.

The Best Clothing Sites Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber