US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

LawDepot.com reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 855-231-8424
Call 1-855-231-8424 for assistance.
Contact Us
Review of LawDepot.com

LawDepot.com reviews

68%
340 S Lemon Avenue #9644
Los Angeles, CA 91789, USA
Tel: 855-231-8424
lawdepotsupport@lawdepot.com
Call 1-855-231-8424 for assistance.
Contact Us

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

betsys5

Your customer service will be remembered as we do more legal affairs in the future and will pay for them! (in 8 reviews)

corneliusl11

Janet Metz was professional and helpful beyond words and very patient with this Luddite. (in 6 reviews)

marlenec4

Cynthia Sawka was efficient, remarkably efficient in getting my document to me. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeremiaha12
2/6/16

The site offers very basic services; however, the services aren't sufficient to fully handle an estate. Customer Service was un-helpful very dismissive.

sharonr45
2/1/16

You have options: a free week, basic one month charge($33), yearly charge($98) or if you are stupid, a continuous monthly charge to your credit card of ($33). I chose the basic one month charge. Unfortunately, I am crazy busy and I was not checking for monthly charges. I also have "unenrollme" so I was not receiving email notices. I called customer service to explain this was a mistake and since they charged me $65 over what would cost the consumer for the yearly charge, I felt they should refund my account.
The women I spoke to was rude and nonchalant. What a shame. The service was ok, however there is NO customer service. They obviously take advantage of people being too busy. Just do the math!
Shaon

Tip for consumers: Beware!

jerryw50
1/31/16

bad, put wrong state on will, you are to check my work not the other way around.

aber21
1/28/16

I logged on once never used the account, and never gave it a second thought. Seven months later I realize they have been hitting my credit card every month, no receipts on invoicing nothing. Every other account I have sends me receipts every time they take a payment. These people rely on the fact that people get busy and tied up with other thing in life and just keep collecting till you notice.

kayh34
1/24/16

I used the chat line and had a very nice person talking to me who answered my question and then sent me an email for adding my password. I was unable, however, to answer her on the chat page. I don't recall her name.

frankm104
1/22/16

Monique was knowledgeable and pleasant. I am still a dummy on the computer and she had all the answers. Thanks.

richarda81
1/22/16

Allison was most responsive and gave me waht I needed. Thanks so much.

ashleyz8
1/11/16

Ms. Reyes was very helpful and continuously tried to be helpful. She was quite wonderful, thank you for helping me.

johnd477
1/11/16

some how the sbuniagara@gmail.com I submitted go changed at your end to sbuniagara@hotmail.com
after several phone calls I found out why I had not gotten my Certificate of Incorporation. Left several messages and never got a call back. Once problem
was known and I got to talk to the A Johnman I got my stuff

clarenceb27
1/7/16

Pleasent experience for first time user.

tomd85
1/5/16

I paid my membership fee and then discovered that:
1) Their forms and support do not cover my state. Not sure how you can find this out ahead of time.
2) You cannot download ANY blank forms....the main reason I signed uo.
3) After I went thru thru the process of filling out the forms online and tried to print them out I discovered that you cannot do this unless you either pay more money or sign up for a free trial...yeah, one of those "FREE" trials (7days) that charges you $33/mo after that if you don't cancle.
You would be better off with a slimey, overpriced lawyer!!!

manojg7
1/3/16

best of the best

mikeb230
1/2/16

Janet didn't hesitate when i explained my concerns, she knew right away the best & most efficient way to address my problem. Its so nice to be able to talk w/ someone live who is professional & knowledgable. OUTSTANDING !!! Thank You Janet

jedm12
12/30/15

My free trial turned out better than I expected. I was expecting the worst.
- My PayPal account was not charged and
- it was easy to cancel.

But I hesitated to even go with the trial as the pricing seemed like a trap:
A one-week free trial that turns into $33/month ($396/year) if you continue.
Or sign up for a One Year Pro account for $95.88 which is just $7.99/month.

It also wasn't clear if during the trial I would be able to download my document and print it easily. I was able to download in .DOC format, save to my hard drive fix a few things and then print out. I was concerned I could only print directly from the cloud.

My concerns turned out to be unnecessary and their website could explain things better.

I came close to switching to the yearly contract during the free trial, but at this time the one document was all that I need. I may sign up later and go with the yearly service.

Tip for consumers: If you go with the free trial remember to quit before it ends, switch to the Yearly service or be ready to pay the $33/month

marys278
12/30/15

When I signed up I was quoted a free 30 day trial. I canceled after 8 days, received an email that I canceled and would not be charged....then was charged $33. I disputed it with my credit card company and they removed the charge. DO NOT give them your credit card number!! Go somewhere else! I have not yet received the refund i was promised.

martyb22
12/27/15

Pleasant and prompt

erinm52
12/25/15

I called and talked to Lara or Laura. Not ready to sign up for a membership yet but she explained the options in detail and I will come back for the free trial soon!

dl88
12/25/15

Good help by Devine to download
It was easy to construct the preNup agreement using your LawDepot platform.
Had a big problem with the software as it did not allow to use Ipad.
Could not print receipt
The service by divine was excellent.

pamp18
12/19/15

What a Scam - Beware!! I cancelled two days late and they kept my $$! I called lawdepot.com and said I cancelled and wanted a refund and the Very Professional CSR told me that my account was active until 1/1216 but I would not be billed again. I again mentioned a refund and she said that was not possible and asked if she could help me with anything else. I informed her she had not helped me at all!! I posted my complaint on SiteJabber and had a refund in less than 15 Minutes!!

vanishah
12/12/15

It's a free download as it states but you need to give your card details as after 7 days, if you do no cancel they will automatically debit your account. Yes it states on terms and conditions and on the email that they send to confirm but do not get caught out like me with the small print and please read wisely to what you are signing up for!! I should have known better and paid closer attention... make sure you do! And don't bother calling to dispute as they are legally covered.

kathleenp14
12/10/15

I was upset when I called because I couldn't download and print the document and thought I'd lost it. Ms Reyes was calm and courteous--and perfectly efficient! She deserves a raise.

Kathleen Park

cathel1
12/10/15

I was having computer issues the day I needed the contract and Monique was
very accommodating! Very pleasant and patient as well!

danicab
12/3/15

I bought a rental agreement that was to last 2 weeks. I needed to alter some of the agreement on the last day of the two weeks and the website wanted to charge me again. I called customer service who was instantly rude with me. I explained that I was within my two weeks per my e-mail and the woman accused me of lying. She stated that they never sent out e-mails. I then proceeded to read the e-mail to her. She did not apologize for her rudeness. She explained that my purchase had ended at 5:57 eastern time zone and so in my Western time zone of 3:49 I had missed my window of 2 weeks by a matter of 52 minutes.
She said that I needed to sign up again. That was my option.
For $20 for one rental agreement and rude customer service I would never use this company again.

robertsr
12/3/15

Monique sent me a password link, talked me through the procedure so that I was able to edit my document before requesting a peace of mind review. She also extended my deadline because your office was closed and I was unable to revisit the document within
original time period.

johnp298
11/20/15

I was guided through the entire process by a real professional. I will use this service in the future and spend my money here.

idac12
11/16/15

I want to thank your agent, Alison, for all her help and especially for her patience with an senior person. I had trouble printing the document and she walked me through the entire process. Thank you again.

sahs1
11/13/15

Big fan. Have used to write rental agreement as well as a Will. Not by any means a professional. Highly recommend for the everyday individual!

jeanc39
11/5/15

I had difficulty with my with finding my new lease, when I called they found it for me right away then sent it to me by email. I have been using this site for all my lease agreements and will continue to do so, as well as recommend it to anyone who is in need of legal documents.

andrewm153
11/3/15

Very good, actually close to excellent

francesh36
10/26/15

When you emailed it to me, it printed just fine. Thanks

kyleb56
10/24/15

The process was very easy and it looks great! The only problem I have with it is once you are in editor you can't download as a PDF... Customer service was fantastic. Thank you Janet for helping me out!

tanyab17
10/19/15

I have been talking with Allison and Monique they are both very helpful and
professional. They have been with me every step of the way.
We used your sight last year, but now I find myself doing a new Will since my husband passed in July.

robertj95
10/18/15

not so good

mercedesh3
10/17/15

My first chat experience today was not solved because I believe the person did not read the email I received indicating that the review was completed and attachment was included in my email. She said the review was in process.
The second time I spoke with Monique on the phone and she was able to resolved the problem by emailing the attachment that I could not see on my email from your company. She read the email.

henryg38
10/3/15

You have a "keeper" in Janet Metz . . . right off the bat I could "hear" the smile on her face . . . Customer Service has the potential to be a grueling experience for customer AND the company rep alike . . . however, this young lady has the skill set to bring the issues of concern into immediate perspective, in an incredibly polite and "hopeful" manner. I know it sounds like a small thing, but from my perspective it is huge when professionalism is felt personally . . . I mattered . . . and I will be back . . . and I think even more importantly, I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending your service to others. Additionally, the option Janet explained for such a low volume user as I will be explored on the next visit.

corneliusl11
9/27/15

Janet Metz was professional and helpful beyond words and very patient with this Luddite. I could not have asked for and received a better angel. Thanks to your company and Janet I am a very happy man.

mariez7
9/20/15

At first I was skeptical, and like any other FREE TRIAL I knew there is a catch. I needed to submit a Operating Agreement document for my LLC so I need a template. I tried Law Depot and it was very simple and easy, you answer the basic questions and they guide you the rest.... I was able to download my completed AO in Word doc and also saved a copy on the LawDepot page. I didn't mind the one time charge of $33 it was worth it.
Now 2 months later, I needed another set of corp documents for my small business, and they have a template for it! Satisfied, I decided to pay for the 1 year subscription, it seems they have a template for just about anything I need. Thanks LawDepot.

williamj59
9/18/15

I hit wrong button and got charged bunches so i called and was canceled and will get rebate. Janet was very kind and helpful with the process. Thank You

peterr61
9/4/15

I wanted to set up a corporation online. LawDepot prices seemed reasonable and reviews from BBB were excellent so off I went.

The process from start to finish was a non brainer (which is exactly what I need!). Response from automated and live support was exceptionally fast, informative and patient. My corporation was set up in no time.

A very satisfied customer.

jamesj97
8/29/15

very good

phillipss
8/17/15

I was totally ready to cancel my subscription this morning because of the incredibly slow response to your system.
I would recommend any updates in Software be done outside of customer hours in the future to avoid such a poor first impression to a new customer.
anyway--Ms Janet Metz saved the day with her very helpful and professional approach to a irritated customer.

SHE IS A DEFINITE KEEPER!!!!!!!

larrys76
8/16/15

great so far!

elizabethm89
8/16/15

so far I have been happy

thomasl67
8/14/15

Good so far.

philipg18
8/13/15

Esie helped me a great deal, not only over the phone, but giving me an e. mail to help me change incorrect addresses on my original Power of Attorney form. I was able to make it a "Durable" PoA which answered my question regarding the mental capacity of the "Principal" to allow me to continue being the PoA.

I thank Esie for her help. It was very useful!

nikid3
8/6/15

I called to see if my agreement could be emailed to me bc I it was not saving from my computer. The representative Esther M. acted as though I was inconveniencing and suggested I try on other computers. Why should I travel to go use a public computer for a confidential agreement? Also, she made me feel as though my questions were ridiculous and chuckled as she answered, like I've should of know the answers.

bevz
8/2/15

TOTAL SCAM SERIOUSLY I OPT FOR THE 7 day trial and then I DID CANCEL literally the next day... Come to find 5 months later they have been billing me the entire time! Never once sent me any email or statement! Such a SCAM, Steall money from people.

darlaj4
8/1/15

Very easy to deal with but ended up with a 6-page document -- too many pages to record and not terribly attractive.

beverlyw20
7/26/15

this was good, but you only have a week before you get charged--beware!

dianae6
7/26/15

good

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LawDepot.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
kathiek2
A: Good day Jerone. The one year subscription provides access to all documents for 12 months and you can create, edit and print as many documents as you need for $95.88. You can create multiple versions of consulting agreements and download them to your computer in Word or PDF formats.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1/8/16
Answer
kathiek2
A: You can cancel online at http://www.lawdepot.com/cancel/ or you can speak with us via chat or telephone and we can cancel the account for you. When you cancel online, you receive an immediate cancellation confirmation on the screen and we send you an email within minutes confirming your cancellation.
Helpful answer