US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

LaptopScreen reviews

Categories: Computer Repair, Laptops
1334 131st Street, Seattle, WA, 98133, 1073 Churchill Crescent, North Vancouver, BC, V7P3K8
Tel: 1-855-630-1111
support@laptopscreen.com

1,236 Reviews for LaptopScreen

Review Highlights

lydiag

great experience! Will call them first for my laptop screens!

vincenth

price was lower than other competitors and the screen works perfect

vincenth

easily explained how to find model number of lcd srcreen.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

chrisj62
9/29/14

I ordered a screen for my Sony Vaio S series (which has one of the best screens on the market). The cost was reasonable at 109.00, about $150 less than everywhere else, and like everyone brags about, screens from this manufacturer come with a 3 year warranty. In short, screen was as advertised. I bought the tool kit, which I'm glad because it WAS necessary to replace my screen. If you have a thin laptop or an ultrabook I'd recommend getting the toolkit.

Pros
-Screen arrived several days earlier than the stated delivery time
-Screen arrived without any damage
-Screen was the correct model I ordered and functions perfectly with my new computer
-Screen quality (color, brightness, resolution) is exactly the same as my OEM screen.

Cons
-There was no video for my laptop model about how to replace the screen. My model was INCREDIBLY difficult to take apart and took 2 hours start to finish to replace it. I was careful not to break or damage the casing of course.

Other than that, really no complaints. If I ever break another screen, I will order from this company again, but lets hope that never needs to happen.

elisat3
9/27/14

I basically have the computer savvy of a 90-year-old, so I was really nervous to buy a screen from a website I had never heard of. But I'm so glad I did! They had exactly the screen I needed, it arrived quickly and in perfect condition, and it now looks and works great on my laptop!

Tip for consumers: Shipping was a little pricey, but overall the service and product were well worth it!

jeffw41
9/26/14

Great pricing and a 3-year warranty! That's a better deal than most other replacement screen vendors offered! The initial screen quality is very high and it took a whopping 15 minutes to swap screens out on my laptop. If only I would have taken the time to set up a camera and provided Laptop Screen with a new video (the guy who did the one for my laptop model said it took much longer than required).

Customer service is great too - was kept informed of the status of my order up to the point it arrived at my door.

Will definitely look to use them again

Tip for consumers: Review the video for your make and model of laptop prior to ordering to make sure you have the right tools for the job.

brucec33
9/26/14

I live in New Zealand and had more than a few reservations about ordering a replacement laptop screen from the other side of the world. I should not have worried.

The screen arrived in perfect condition and in just over one week. I would not shop anywhere else.

dannyd26
9/22/14

After I visited your site I was not sure exactly sure on the right screen because of the options of screens for my computer, I called and talked to a representative, he let me know which screen I needed, I ordered it, price was very reasonable,I received it in the specified time.
I will be buying form this company again and will tell anybody that needs a screen about you.
Danny

Tip for consumers: great price,easy to understand website,very helpful representatives

michaelm209
9/20/14

I repair pc's and laptops for people regularly, this screen was for my best customer.

I searched around for the best deal I could find and laptopscreen was the 2nd lowest price I found including the 2day rush shipping. The other place I found was cheaper by $6, however, they only had a 90 day warranty and even if there was a bad product and you wanted an exchange. You would lose money because of a 15% restocking fee.

I decided to go with laptopscreen after extensive research and reading many reviews. I am glad I chose them and could never be happier.

There is only one thing I am dissapointed about. The day after I placed my order I received an email stating that if I made a video I would receive a $20 refund. Well needless to say the screen replacement only took a total of 15 min from start to finish. The next day when my customer came to pick up her laptop I forgot to make the video. I will not forget to produce one the next time as I will undoubtedly give them all my business for screens in the future.

randallb27
9/18/14

Product worked flawlessly and arrived in extremely decent packaging. You need a screen, go to this company.

Make sure your card is internationally available, though!

eugenem24
9/17/14

After posting the below review, I was contacted shortly via email. They offered to replace the screen and enclosed a return shipping label. I sent my screen back Friday and recieved the new screen the following Wednesday.

After a few bumps during the original interaction, they were able to correct the issues to my complete satisfaction.

Thank you!

-----------------------

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
The order process was very easy. After that things get a little tricky.

I paid for two day shipping on Aug 27th and received my product Sept 2nd. I received the correct screen and insulation was very easy. However, when I booted it up, I was greeted with a dead pixel and a stuck pixel in the middle of my screen. When I wrote the company, I received a boilerplate response about acceptable dead pixel numbers by manufacture and a link to a program which flashed parts of the screen to try and fix them. I ran the program for nearly two days with no change.

While I was very pleased in the inventory and ease of website use. Support was impersonal and uncaring.

diamondp
9/15/14

Great experience!! I ordered 2 laptop screens for Chromebooks for myself and my son. He damaged his shortly after we purchased it for Christmas last year but it only affected the bottom corners. He damaged mine about 3 weeks ago by dropping it from the table. I thought I would have to replace my entire chromebook, but came across this as a more affordable alternative. The 2 laptop screens and tool kit were much cheaper than the new laptop. I received an email when item was shipped and it arrived earlier than promised. Once I got them, I watched the you tube video on how to replace. The first laptop took about 10 minutes and the second one took about 5. So very easy. Our laptops look like new now. Thank you!

williamc72
9/13/14

Cheapest price I could find, exact OEM replacement, shipping was unbelievably quick. An awesome experience :)

ginnyj2
9/13/14

Orders were processed and received promptly. I had to call for support on the install of one of the screens, and the support technician was very helpful.

kent263
9/12/14

One of our users stepped on his new laptop, smashed the screen. We knew it would not be covered under warranty so we purchased a replacement. It works just as good as the original at a fraction of the cost from HP. It was easy to replace and saved a new laptop from the scrap pile.

nicholasj6
9/8/14

I must be honest. I found it to be terribly sketchy at first, I mean, come on... a screen selling website called laptopscreens.com. Seemed almost too simple to be real. However I was in need of a screen after an alcohol-induced punch to my computers face and I figured that if I got scammed then I deserved it for going to such a generically named website.

Now after have lived through the experience I must say that the name of the website is the only thing generic about them. I found it exceedingly helpful to be able to search by part number as it ensured I would have to be an idiot to screw it up. Having never installed a screen before I was somewhat nervous, but all the videos make it extremely easy (though there wasn't a video for my exact model). I find it nice of them to kick you back a refund for making a good video.

One of the coolest things was that I ordered it at 3 a.m. on Friday morning and got it by the following Monday. Well packed, fit perfect, great experience and I would recommend.

P.S. Screen looks pretty too, better than ever.

bryantc12
9/6/14

Always reliable, and product often delivers before expected as with my last order. I've been very pleased with the quality of service and reliability of providing what it is I need. Would highly recommend this company and site to anyone looking for replacement screens.

barryr16
9/4/14

Easy to understand website allowed me to choose the right screen for my laptop. It took literally 15 minutes to replace a totally destroyed screen with a brand new, awesome looking display - you'd never know it was replaced! I got my order quicker than expected, the screen was cheaper than other sites, and everything went perfect, thanks laptopscreen.com, you kept a decent laptop alive and useful, and out of the trash!

peterb80
9/4/14

I bought a used Gateway laptop with a broken screen, but a external screen for my son. It was a computer built mainly for gaming, and I got a good price on it even with the broken original screen. The girl I bought it from sent me a link to LaptopScreen.com, but never bought from them. I tried it, and I am very pleased with the replacement screen and the quality of it. I found a tutorial on how to replace the monitor on the internet, and it was very easy to do myself. In about a hour, I had the laptop working like new again. I would recommend others to buy screen from here as well. The fast shipping and good packaging was also very good. If I ever need to buy a new laptop screen again, I will be buying from LaptopScreen.com.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you got your exact laptop model number before ordering. Make sure yours is the right one for your computer as they all are similar.

joelt18
9/1/14

On all my 7 purchase is always the same! Good prices awesome quality and the shipping its perfect !!!

Tip for consumers: If you don't have the screen number don't worry!! they show you all models..

samn22
9/1/14

Great service and easy to follow procedure. Your promise to deliver date was so spot on that I will definitely recommend your services. In addition; I incorrectly entered the wrong model and within 3 minutes, the online support cancelled my order and modified my order correctly. Thank you and I will use your services again.

Tip for consumers: You can TRUST this site.

tomd61
8/30/14

My laptop fell off of, and was run over by my motorcycle trailer.
I ordered the replacement LCD screen from this company, and it arrived at my door two days later. It arrived so fast because I believe they are located right here in my state of Washington.
My screen was very well packaged...no chance of it being broken, and it was in a static bag.
It was the correct screen, it works, and I am very happy with my purchase.

matsr8
8/29/14

Fast delivery. Clear instructions.
The replacement of the screen was easy to do. Probl.: small screws/no magnetic screwdriver.

joannd7
8/28/14

I never dreamed a dropped laptop would turn into a pleasant experience. The site was easy to navigate and I found the screen I needed in just a few minutes. Pricing was much more affordable than I had expected. There was communication from the moment I placed the order through the time it arrived. It showed up a day earlier than promised and packed very well to avoid damage. Installation was a breeze with the site's walkthrough library. I was impressed from A to Z. Definitely recommend!

dougm29
8/28/14

Very easy ordering and quick delivery. I'm sure I will be back again, we have 5 laptops at our house. 3 of them belong to our kids.

jeanm32
8/28/14

Awesome site!!!! Super fast shipping, easy site to navigate, great prices and I am very happy with my order. I was refered to this site by a computer tech and I'm really glad I did. Thank you so much

byront4
8/16/14

I am very happy with the price, screen and the delivery. I replaced my 17 inch screen in my macbook pro model a1278 and i am very pleased with it.

nickb57
8/15/14

Very helpful and quick via chat on their website. Product came within two days and was exactly what I needed. There was great documentation on the site to help me change the screen on my own. I recommend.

rdk
8/15/14

A computer repair person wanted $200 to replace/repair my mini screen. LaptopScreen looked up the proper part, told me where to review the video to replace it and shipped it in 3 days. All this for $53. Replacement was easy in 10 minutes. What a deal and what a savings. This is my highest recommendation.

toml61
8/12/14

Very fast delivery. Great price. Received the screen and was back up and running in about 15minutes.Had one question and it was taken care of online almost immediately. Will definitly use them again is I need a screen

azime
8/8/14

This company is really good the parts was really good and the picture quality was extremely important to me I would purchase here again.

dougo6
8/7/14

Website was very hepful and accurate. No difficulty identifying the correct Lenovo screen. Arived packed very well. With video discussion from the web, installation went easy. Worked fine first time; no screws missing. Excellent service, good product. Highly recommended

shannonr20
8/7/14

I'm so excited that I found this website. My kids cracked my Toshiba laptop screen. I thought it was over! Out of curiosity I wanted to price the repair and stumbled on this website. For the price of a diagnostic I was able to purchase the screen, tools, and shipping. I am not by any means savvy on building electronics of any sort, but the video the posted was self explanation and thorough. The package came in less than a week and installed in a snap. I haven't a single complaint. If your reluctant, don't be...the quality is great. Just be sure your ordering the right thing. And make sure it's only the screen broken by connecting to him I and checking on your television if the computer still works....good luck!

juliap11
8/4/14

I was more than satisfied with customer service, and the ease of fixing it myself.. within 2 days i had a screen of better quality than the original and 30 mins to fix it. thanks y'all

janetm21
8/2/14

I cannot believe how truly easy it was to replace my laptop's cracked screen. I had the assistance of the very culprits who cracked it, my 4 and 5 year old girls, and a youtube video to guide us, and we had it done in no time. I did need my hubby's tiny tools also, but just used my fingernail to peel off the frame, easy peasy.

duncand11
8/2/14

Ordering and shipment was very easy and it arrived quickly. Using the video provided, I was able to replace my damaged screen in about 5 minutes and only needed a small screwdriver. This saved me a huge amount of money. Thanks!!!

at369
8/1/14

Very happy with product and price. Replacing the screen was much easier than expected! Saved $250 to $300 doing this myself.

bradx
7/31/14

Personally Love the site and hardware that I receive.
The client(s) say the screens look really good and say it's worth the extra penny to get these screens

michaelc108
7/30/14

My daughters laptop screen was cracked and needed to be replaced. I did a search and this website came up. I called them to confirm I was looking at the right screen for it and they wher very prompt and answered all my questions. I ordered the screen and it was here within two days. I installed the screen which is working nicely, everything went back together as it came apart. A 5 star rated company here and I will use them again. Great staff and very prompt.

louisab4
7/27/14

Saved me over $400! Didn't even realize you can replace a screen until I saw this site. Really fast shipping, great price and very simple to install. Highly recommended if you have a cracked laptop screen.

bryanh56
7/27/14

Ordered laptop screen for Samsung n700 laptop. Site had the lowest price by at least 20 dollars at 79.99.

Order arrived on time with 3 day shipping chosen.

If you feel to see what the screen looked like or installation process i have a video review here on youtube. http://youtu.be/1aWJiY5L3gw

scotth57
7/26/14

Screen arrived in a timely manner. Video was accurate and helpful with the install. Only difficulty encountered was making sure the wiring plug in was firmly and completely seated. Initial attempt resulted in backlit screen only. After dis-assembly and firmly pushing plug to seat was I able to have a properly functioning screen. It has been installed for a week and works well.

richardf36
7/25/14

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 -
1. They have a wicked easy lookup so I found my screen in no time at all.
2. I ordered my screen and it was here in two days via priority mail.
3. Installing my new screen was a 15 minute job* made incredibly simple by watching one of their instructional videos.
* less than 15 minutes actually, but I took the time to make coffee!

cassandraj
7/24/14

When my local computer shop quoted me $250-300 to fix my laptop screen, I knew that there was no way I would go for it. I already knew the screen itself was only $80-90 and while I know I'm paying for peace of mind and expertise, I knew that I could probably manage a screen replacement myself.

On laptopscreen.com, I found two options for my particular laptop. It was super easy to find the exact screen and when I was confused about the options, I found information on the site that helped me discern the differences and pick which one I wanted. I also found step by step instructions on the page relating to my model that were supposed to be about my particular brand.

Screen ordering and payment was easy and I felt comfortable with it. Delivery was within a few days and the packaging was awesome. I felt confident that there'd be no damage to the screen inside the box. It had three layers of bubble wrap around it in the form of padded FedEx type envelopes so I was also happy that it was packaged in such a way that it wouldn't shift. The box was also labeled FRAGILE. They also delivered it with delivery confirmation required so my mail carrier didn't leave it in my building lobby (a constant issue and concern).

I printed out the instructions from the site and set up my laptop on the counter for the replacement process. I'll admit that I was super nervous because I've done a screen replacement before on a Palm Pilot and it never worked right again after that. I was hoping that this would work out better!

The reason for my 4 instead of 5 star rating is due to the instructions on the site. The ones listed under my particular model were very close but not exact for my model and as a result I wound up becoming confused while trying to pull the laptop apart. Thanks to Google and YouTube, I located a video that helped clear up the parts that were confusing. The instructions were useful though, as it made it easier to glance at them next to me instead of having to go over to my desktop and review the video. I was under the impression that the instructions on the site were for my exact model though, so I was a bit frustrated that they weren't.

(A direct example is the first step was to remove the four bevel screw covers and screws, but I could only find two on my bevel, which made me wonder if I wasn't looking in the right spot for the other two. Once I watched the video which showed the same make and model, I discovered that mine only has two, unlike the instructions. This was only one of the things that was slightly different, and while this might seem minor, when you've never done this before and are relying on the instructions to guide you through it, something that's a bit off can kind of throw you for a loop. Fortunately most of the issues were minor, others might find it easier to adapt the instructions, and at the very least, locating videos online definitely help supplement the process.)

The entire replacement took me about 30 minutes, a bit longer than some people suggested it would, but a bit less time than I expected it would take me. In the end, between the good quality screen, the website instructions, and the YouTube video*, I was able to do the whole thing and save myself $200+.

*I would like to add, LaptopScreen.com encourages customers to record the process themselves and post the video publicly and they'll give you a small refund back. This is probably why I was able to find the YouTube video, which is awesome. I considered doing it myself since hey, who doesn't like a refund, but I knew it was going to take me a lot longer than most people would take, would require me to do editing, plus I'm not comfortable posting a video of myself (or even my voice) for the general public. But I must certainly cheer the website for encouraging it since it is extremely helpful to others!

jerroldg3
7/19/14

Easy to find the screen I needed, and to order it. Arrived within 3 days; much sooner than I expected.
Did not have to speak with anyone, so, I can not comment on the customer service portion of the company.
At this time, I would reuse them.

petert53
7/19/14

Being an experienced computer tech for over 25 yrs; laptops are not my favorite. I had the previledge of working on a Lenova P500 IdeaPad which had been dropped and the screen went black.

I contacted Lenovo Tech Support and more or less given the "I don't know" attitude. I was finally given the sub-model number and contacted laptopscreen.com for assistance.

Not only was I surprised by the knowledge of the rep I spoke with, but I was really impressed with his eagerness to help. He narrowed it down to 4 possibilities and explained why I needed the one he recommended. I received it in 3 days.

Here I am today, greatful for taking a chance and having a perfectly running machine.

The price was great, the service was great, and the warranty was longer than even Lenovo themselves. I will definitely go to laptopscreen.com for all my future laptop needs.

arliek5
7/18/14

Received the right screen for my HP laptop promptly and had no problem installing. Works great. Packaged well. I would order from them again. I like to recommend that side asll the folks out there.

earlek9
7/18/14

I needed to replace a broken screen on my 17" Acer laptop. The website for laptopscreen.com offered me two choices, either glossy or matte; I bought the least expensive. The screen arrived on the second day, well packaged and protected. I installed it the next day, and it works perfectly.

roberts175
7/10/14

Very easy shopping experience with on time arrival and the on line general tutorial was very helpful for easy installation of the new screen.

marca10
7/10/14

The screen I ordered arrived in a timely manner. It was exactly what I ordered and works perfectly. I had no trouble installing it and I am very pleased

ronyb
7/10/14

I am very pleased about the quality of product and speed of order processing.
But I paid extra to have a secured delivery and the postman did not ring my door but left the package outside, the postal services explained that the expeditor did not specifically asked to handle the package in person neither required a desitnator's signature. so if someone else has taken the package I would have lost it all without hope of being reimbursed.

davidc155
7/10/14

Great price and fast shipping time. The screen was exactly as described and exactly what I needed. I got my computer up and running in five minutes and it is working perfectly. I will definitely use laptop screen in the future for any LCD screen needs I may have. For about $80 I was able to salvage a decent laptop and avoid the replacement costs.

dawnad
7/6/14

It was a smooth process, One Phone Call, One Email and the product was on its way. Very Happy with the product and a good price. It arrived within 3 days.

Best Online Stores for Computer Repair Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber