US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

LaptopScreen reviews

96%
Categories: Computer Repair, Laptops
1334 131st Street, Seattle, WA, 98133, 1073 Churchill Crescent, North Vancouver, BC, V7P3K8
Tel: 1-855-630-1111
support@laptopscreen.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

markr19

I searched the internet and laptopscreen.com had the best price for the replacement screen. (in 151 reviews)

markh35

Sent the right screen and delivered it as promised. (in 50 reviews)

belindam

When the replacement arrived in exactly the 3 days promised I excitedly set about the work. (in 41 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robertoc15
11/27/14

I ordered it Sunday, and got it Wednesday. I was amazed since I live in Puerto Rico. The screen fitted perfectly no issues. Great quality!

tiffanys24
11/24/14

The shipment was fast, it was the exact screen I wanted and needed, and in great condition. The link to install the screen was very helpful. I was initially intimidated by the thought of installing it myself, but it was fairly easy.

theresab11
11/23/14

When my laptop screen got cracked, I thought I would try to change it myself before going to a pro to fix it or buying a new laptop. I'm a 50+ woman without any computer repair knowledge. I watched a video that was available on the LaptopScreen.com website showing how to install the screen. I ordered the screen and it arrived very promptly, within a couple of days. I am proud to say, I fixed it and it works perfect! It was easier than I thought it would be to change. The only difficulty I encountered was not pushing the plug in far enough the first try; once I made sure it was connected properly, it worked perfect. It has been almost a month since I installed it and it still works great.

zaferm
11/20/14

LaptopScreen was the only place that carried the replacement LCD for my Asus, It arrived as promised on time and it was the right screen! If I need another LCD replacement in the future LaptopScreen would be the first site I would look at.
I did not rate the service and return sinceI did not have to return any item, this point by itself worth 5 stars!

petern20
11/20/14

I was about to throw away a perfectly good/working (three year old) laptop because the Geek Squad wanted over $300.00 to repair the cracked screen. My brother-in-law told me about this website that had the screen replacement that I needed plus tools.

I purchased a Laptop LCD Screen 14.0-inch WideScreen (12"x7.4") WXGA (1366x768) HD Glossy LED compatible with Dell INSPIRON 1440 / 3 Years warranty and a Screen Replacement Tool Kit.

The replacement screen was delivered in less than a week .... I wasn't in a rush but I'm glad it came fast. :-)

Having a technical background - I replaced the screen myself in 20 minutes. It was a perfect fit .... replaced with no problems... The laptop is working and looks as good as new :-) ... for less than $100... Yeah Baby !!!!!!! :-)

Tip for consumers: Order the Screen Replacement Tool Kit .... It really came in handy ... I used it to replace two other laptop screens that was given to me :-)

danielv22
11/15/14

Wow! I finally found the place for laptop screen replacement. Came promptly, well packaged and was EXACTLY what I expected. It even came a return packaging sleeve and label for returning if there was a problem.

Tip for consumers: Go to youtube.com if you need help removing and installing the new screen.

lukew22
11/14/14

Was pretty nervous about locating a trustworthy site for purchasing a replacement for my Dell Latitude E6420. Was even more concerned that installing the replacement might be more difficult than various YouTube videos suggested. Laptopscreen.com worked really well for me: I located a replacement screen pretty quickly using the website's links/tools, the ordering was straightforward, and the screen arrived on time. Using the tutorials and going nice and slow, I installed the replacement in less than an hour (I went really slow and went back and forth between videos & other online help documents). The only hiccup in the installation was plugging the screen back in to the laptop. I bent one of the teeth on the comb-like plug. Thankfully, I was able to gently pry/bend the tooth back in place using a sewing needle and, viola, the screen works great. I'd use laptopscreen.com again for sure.

Tip for consumers: The only hiccup in the installation was plugging the screen back in to the laptop. I bent one of the teeth on the comb-like plug. Thankfully, I was able to gently pry/bend the tooth back in place using a sewing needle and, viola, the screen works great. I'd use laptopscreen.com again for sure.

elmerj4
11/13/14

I ordered a replacement screen, and replaced it without any problems. It performed as required. Price was about the best I could find, with using the precise part number. What I found with some others that I surfed, was that the screen I asked about was quoted as being a replacement. It is always preferred to replace part number with part number. Connectors are correct, screw alignments are exact, etc. Just good sense.
Plus, I receive it 3 days earlier than suggested date when I ordered it.
Thanks

steveh90
10/26/14

Best prices you'll find for replacement screens. Had a problem with the first screen and they replaced it quickly. I'd buy from laptopscreen again in a heartbeat.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you watch the installation videos provided by other users.

kathyr25
10/24/14

I'm using the replacement screen right now! Matching the screen to my laptop was a breeze using the provided tool. Can't beat the price....Toshiba quoted a price of $350 for a comparable part and I got mine for less than $90! Optional accidental damage warranty was available as well..much cheaper than Toshiba's! Pull the trigger...this is a great company that stands behind their products. You'll be glad you chose laptopscreens.com!

lucianom22
10/23/14

Ordered a laptop screen for my ASUS laptop . Was cheaper then just the labor charge at a local tech shop. So decided to go for it myself. Prompt delivery / quality products.
I watched / paused the youtube video instructions while replacing the screens.
Step by step instructions although not exactly what I had , very close and were great.
Writing this from my repaired unit.

hughh14
10/23/14

No doubt this vendor performed as expected. The LCD was the correct fit the first time. Product arrived on time and with web based provided instruction the installation was flawless.

Tip for consumers: Repairs are often far less expensive than just buying a new laptop. This is a fairly simply repair that will extend the life of the product.

kena196
10/19/14

Ordered a laptop screen & tool kit and an Iphone screen with tool kit included
Prompt delivery / quality products.
I watched / paused the youtube video instructions while replacing the screens.
Step by step instructions were great.

danielb103
10/18/14

I install laptop screens for my customers so finding a reliable source that ships quickly is important. I found the perfect source in Laptop screen so I always check them first.

michaelh116
10/17/14

I've purchased numerous screens from these folks. It's always the proper screen and ships very fast. I don't even bother shopping around anymore, these folks just do it right!

timj27
10/16/14

looked at a few different sites before deciding to use LaptopScreen. The thing that led me to choose them were the buying tips and video tutorials.
Check out was easy. Delivery was fast.
My only complaint is that the screen I purchased has one teeny tiny white spot. literally about the size of a pixel.
I won't send it back because the flaw isn't super annoying, but it would have been nice if it had been inspected before being shipped out.

jayd151
10/16/14

I ordered a new replacement screen for a gateway laptop. It shipped promptly, and was packaged very well! I would definitely order from them again.

nicanorw
10/16/14

Wow the screen is wonderful, I like more my laptop now It looks completely new and the screen resolution is very nice.

gleno4
10/13/14

And they are in Canada, eh! About 50 miles from me.
2nd order of same screen for a computer that suffered a screen failure and then an accident a year later. I had the screen in my hands 2 business days after I ordered on a Friday night.

These people take care of their part in speedy filling of orders. They offer accident insurance on their screens.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to have the correct original screen part # shown on the back of the screen which you should have removed prior to ordering. This will speed the order and delivery.

mickb17
10/13/14

Toshiba wanted over $400 to fix my screen. LaptopScreen had the exact fit and I did it my self in 20 minutes for $60.00. The screen came two days from the order date on basic shipping. I would strongly recommend them and will refer all my friends to them.

stefana14
10/12/14

Great!
I will always work with you guys! Great quality! Part came to Nederland for a few days!

Thanks a lot

iand21
10/12/14

this was very cool! while i must maintain some reason becasue i was able to do it myself but i am MAN jack of all trades master of none type so i was able to do this myself it was a little tedious because seldom does all little screws always do what you want ,,

BUT laptop screens provided EXCELLENT instructions and I was happy with the fact of the quick shipping and putting it in myself in a couple hours that said ,,

would have gave it 5 stars if i could of upgraded the screen to a hd or something. dont know if this was applicable but my wife would have loved it she says she can tell the original was better quality would have paid a little more if it was available just so you know!!!

she loves this big screen pc i offered to take her out and get another but we didnt get one because of size of screen.

Tip for consumers: THIS is where you go if you are handy and can do it yourself. save money and get the quicker shipping you'll save!!! screen was packaged well! great instructions available!

federicoa2
10/11/14

Todo muy bien, el lcd tenia una diferencia con el mio pero igual funciono perfectamente. El mio era completamente plano, y el repuesto tenia la parte de los contactos inclinada.

Tip for consumers: En mi modelo de laptop para sacar la pantalla hay que empujar desde los bordes hacia adentro, ya que tiene un enganche a presion. luego de descubrir el lcd, se quitan los tornillos.

margreterp
10/5/14

Top quality replacement screens for a fraction of the price I was quoted by all others. I was skeptical at first because it was my first purchase from this company, but I am very satisfied with the service and delivery time frame. Several IT professionals have told me this is where they purchase their replacement parts and have never received poor quality merchandise.

davidc168
10/3/14

Give them 4 stars; great service, excelant how to videos, but when charged me one price then later hit my cc for another $1.20 (so -1 star) or so for an export charge that just rubs me wrong...
It was suppose to ship from U.S. but I guess with the added charge it shipped from Canada.
Good prices too...

Tip for consumers: Beware of extra charges.

johnd291
10/3/14

Laptopscreen.com had the exact replacement screen I needed for my HP Pavilion DV7. They provided excellent instructions on how to replace the screen on their website. They have excellent prices and it arrived on the day it was promised. I highly recommend Laptopscreen.com and will certainly use them again if a need arises.

JBD

nishanthk
10/2/14

Awesome Service. I ordered a replacement screen for my Dell Inspiron 15-3251 from laptopscreen.com. Order arrived before said date. Installed the screen referring to the video on their website. Works like a charm. very happy with their service and support. Deserves nothing less than 5 stars.

Tip for consumers: Try finding your replacement screen here first. Some others may give you lower price, but these guys gives you the best price for quality products.

chrisj62
9/29/14

I ordered a screen for my Sony Vaio S series (which has one of the best screens on the market). The cost was reasonable at 109.00, about $150 less than everywhere else, and like everyone brags about, screens from this manufacturer come with a 3 year warranty. In short, screen was as advertised. I bought the tool kit, which I'm glad because it WAS necessary to replace my screen. If you have a thin laptop or an ultrabook I'd recommend getting the toolkit.

Pros
-Screen arrived several days earlier than the stated delivery time
-Screen arrived without any damage
-Screen was the correct model I ordered and functions perfectly with my new computer
-Screen quality (color, brightness, resolution) is exactly the same as my OEM screen.

Cons
-There was no video for my laptop model about how to replace the screen. My model was INCREDIBLY difficult to take apart and took 2 hours start to finish to replace it. I was careful not to break or damage the casing of course.

Other than that, really no complaints. If I ever break another screen, I will order from this company again, but lets hope that never needs to happen.

elisat3
9/27/14

I basically have the computer savvy of a 90-year-old, so I was really nervous to buy a screen from a website I had never heard of. But I'm so glad I did! They had exactly the screen I needed, it arrived quickly and in perfect condition, and it now looks and works great on my laptop!

Tip for consumers: Shipping was a little pricey, but overall the service and product were well worth it!

jeffw41
9/26/14

Great pricing and a 3-year warranty! That's a better deal than most other replacement screen vendors offered! The initial screen quality is very high and it took a whopping 15 minutes to swap screens out on my laptop. If only I would have taken the time to set up a camera and provided Laptop Screen with a new video (the guy who did the one for my laptop model said it took much longer than required).

Customer service is great too - was kept informed of the status of my order up to the point it arrived at my door.

Will definitely look to use them again

Tip for consumers: Review the video for your make and model of laptop prior to ordering to make sure you have the right tools for the job.

brucec33
9/26/14

I live in New Zealand and had more than a few reservations about ordering a replacement laptop screen from the other side of the world. I should not have worried.

The screen arrived in perfect condition and in just over one week. I would not shop anywhere else.

dannyd26
9/22/14

After I visited your site I was not sure exactly sure on the right screen because of the options of screens for my computer, I called and talked to a representative, he let me know which screen I needed, I ordered it, price was very reasonable,I received it in the specified time.
I will be buying form this company again and will tell anybody that needs a screen about you.
Danny

Tip for consumers: great price,easy to understand website,very helpful representatives

michaelm209
9/20/14

I repair pc's and laptops for people regularly, this screen was for my best customer.

I searched around for the best deal I could find and laptopscreen was the 2nd lowest price I found including the 2day rush shipping. The other place I found was cheaper by $6, however, they only had a 90 day warranty and even if there was a bad product and you wanted an exchange. You would lose money because of a 15% restocking fee.

I decided to go with laptopscreen after extensive research and reading many reviews. I am glad I chose them and could never be happier.

There is only one thing I am dissapointed about. The day after I placed my order I received an email stating that if I made a video I would receive a $20 refund. Well needless to say the screen replacement only took a total of 15 min from start to finish. The next day when my customer came to pick up her laptop I forgot to make the video. I will not forget to produce one the next time as I will undoubtedly give them all my business for screens in the future.

randallb27
9/18/14

Product worked flawlessly and arrived in extremely decent packaging. You need a screen, go to this company.

Make sure your card is internationally available, though!

eugenem24
9/17/14

After posting the below review, I was contacted shortly via email. They offered to replace the screen and enclosed a return shipping label. I sent my screen back Friday and recieved the new screen the following Wednesday.

After a few bumps during the original interaction, they were able to correct the issues to my complete satisfaction.

Thank you!

-----------------------

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
The order process was very easy. After that things get a little tricky.

I paid for two day shipping on Aug 27th and received my product Sept 2nd. I received the correct screen and insulation was very easy. However, when I booted it up, I was greeted with a dead pixel and a stuck pixel in the middle of my screen. When I wrote the company, I received a boilerplate response about acceptable dead pixel numbers by manufacture and a link to a program which flashed parts of the screen to try and fix them. I ran the program for nearly two days with no change.

While I was very pleased in the inventory and ease of website use. Support was impersonal and uncaring.

diamondp
9/15/14

Great experience!! I ordered 2 laptop screens for Chromebooks for myself and my son. He damaged his shortly after we purchased it for Christmas last year but it only affected the bottom corners. He damaged mine about 3 weeks ago by dropping it from the table. I thought I would have to replace my entire chromebook, but came across this as a more affordable alternative. The 2 laptop screens and tool kit were much cheaper than the new laptop. I received an email when item was shipped and it arrived earlier than promised. Once I got them, I watched the you tube video on how to replace. The first laptop took about 10 minutes and the second one took about 5. So very easy. Our laptops look like new now. Thank you!

williamc72
9/13/14

Cheapest price I could find, exact OEM replacement, shipping was unbelievably quick. An awesome experience :)

ginnyj2
9/13/14

Orders were processed and received promptly. I had to call for support on the install of one of the screens, and the support technician was very helpful.

kent263
9/12/14

One of our users stepped on his new laptop, smashed the screen. We knew it would not be covered under warranty so we purchased a replacement. It works just as good as the original at a fraction of the cost from HP. It was easy to replace and saved a new laptop from the scrap pile.

nicholasj6
9/8/14

I must be honest. I found it to be terribly sketchy at first, I mean, come on... a screen selling website called laptopscreens.com. Seemed almost too simple to be real. However I was in need of a screen after an alcohol-induced punch to my computers face and I figured that if I got scammed then I deserved it for going to such a generically named website.

Now after have lived through the experience I must say that the name of the website is the only thing generic about them. I found it exceedingly helpful to be able to search by part number as it ensured I would have to be an idiot to screw it up. Having never installed a screen before I was somewhat nervous, but all the videos make it extremely easy (though there wasn't a video for my exact model). I find it nice of them to kick you back a refund for making a good video.

One of the coolest things was that I ordered it at 3 a.m. on Friday morning and got it by the following Monday. Well packed, fit perfect, great experience and I would recommend.

P.S. Screen looks pretty too, better than ever.

bryantc12
9/6/14

Always reliable, and product often delivers before expected as with my last order. I've been very pleased with the quality of service and reliability of providing what it is I need. Would highly recommend this company and site to anyone looking for replacement screens.

barryr16
9/4/14

Easy to understand website allowed me to choose the right screen for my laptop. It took literally 15 minutes to replace a totally destroyed screen with a brand new, awesome looking display - you'd never know it was replaced! I got my order quicker than expected, the screen was cheaper than other sites, and everything went perfect, thanks laptopscreen.com, you kept a decent laptop alive and useful, and out of the trash!

peterb80
9/4/14

I bought a used Gateway laptop with a broken screen, but a external screen for my son. It was a computer built mainly for gaming, and I got a good price on it even with the broken original screen. The girl I bought it from sent me a link to LaptopScreen.com, but never bought from them. I tried it, and I am very pleased with the replacement screen and the quality of it. I found a tutorial on how to replace the monitor on the internet, and it was very easy to do myself. In about a hour, I had the laptop working like new again. I would recommend others to buy screen from here as well. The fast shipping and good packaging was also very good. If I ever need to buy a new laptop screen again, I will be buying from LaptopScreen.com.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you got your exact laptop model number before ordering. Make sure yours is the right one for your computer as they all are similar.

joelt18
9/1/14

On all my 7 purchase is always the same! Good prices awesome quality and the shipping its perfect !!!

Tip for consumers: If you don't have the screen number don't worry!! they show you all models..

samn22
9/1/14

Great service and easy to follow procedure. Your promise to deliver date was so spot on that I will definitely recommend your services. In addition; I incorrectly entered the wrong model and within 3 minutes, the online support cancelled my order and modified my order correctly. Thank you and I will use your services again.

Tip for consumers: You can TRUST this site.

tomd61
8/30/14

My laptop fell off of, and was run over by my motorcycle trailer.
I ordered the replacement LCD screen from this company, and it arrived at my door two days later. It arrived so fast because I believe they are located right here in my state of Washington.
My screen was very well packaged...no chance of it being broken, and it was in a static bag.
It was the correct screen, it works, and I am very happy with my purchase.

matsr8
8/29/14

Fast delivery. Clear instructions.
The replacement of the screen was easy to do. Probl.: small screws/no magnetic screwdriver.

joannd7
8/28/14

I never dreamed a dropped laptop would turn into a pleasant experience. The site was easy to navigate and I found the screen I needed in just a few minutes. Pricing was much more affordable than I had expected. There was communication from the moment I placed the order through the time it arrived. It showed up a day earlier than promised and packed very well to avoid damage. Installation was a breeze with the site's walkthrough library. I was impressed from A to Z. Definitely recommend!

dougm29
8/28/14

Very easy ordering and quick delivery. I'm sure I will be back again, we have 5 laptops at our house. 3 of them belong to our kids.

jeanm32
8/28/14

Awesome site!!!! Super fast shipping, easy site to navigate, great prices and I am very happy with my order. I was refered to this site by a computer tech and I'm really glad I did. Thank you so much

4 Photos for LaptopScreen