US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

LaptopScreen reviews

Categories: Computer Repair, Laptop
1334 131st Street, Seattle, WA, 98133, 1073 Churchill Crescent, North Vancouver, BC, V7P3K8
Tel: 1-855-630-1111
support@laptopscreen.com

229 Reviews for LaptopScreen

Review Highlights

great experience! Will call them first for my laptop screens!

price was lower than other competitors and the screen works perfect

easily explained how to find model number of lcd srcreen.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/10/14

I am very pleased about the quality of product and speed of order processing.
But I paid extra to have a secured delivery and the postman did not ring my door but left the package outside, the postal services explained that the expeditor did not specifically asked to handle the package in person neither required a desitnator's signature. so if someone else has taken the package I would have lost it all without hope of being reimbursed.

6/16/14

Love it. Told by "A PRO" buy a new laptop..it will be cheaper. Right. I found your website, ordered a screen and within 15 minutesof delivery I had a viewable working laptop Thanks

6/8/14

Dropped my Dell Studio 1550 and cracked the screen. Searched using another PC and found laptopscreen.com and was pleasantly surprised at the prices. Plus they had videos posted showing how to do the replacement. Ordered late morning and the screen was delivered by noon the next day. Less than 10 minutes later I was up and running. All less than US $100 delivered overnight.

One small hiccup. The email I received provided a tracking was for UPS and it never worked. The package was delivered by FedEx but the packing material was all labelled UPS. I was a little anxious when I could not track the package but was happy once it was delivered.

I would order from them again and highly recommend them.

6/5/14

The laptop screen arrived promptly, was exactly what I ordered, and functioned as expected. The price was right also. I will not hesitate to order from this vendor again.

5/26/14

Arrived with a broken piece. Poorly packaged as well. I used it anyways and it worked. Satisfactory at best.

5/16/14

It was so easy.....I needed my screen in two days and it came on time. I watched the video on how to change my screen and it was extremely helpful. I will tell any one who has a cracked or damaged screen to check out laptopscreen.com

5/9/14

Received product good condition as seller describe from their website. Price is reasonable, part works good and fast shipping. Very satisfied with the product and highly recommend to buy from this site.

4/29/14

it is only pricey site and they send you different screens with lower quality

don't pay more just go to amazon at least they are cheaper

4/20/14

So thankful for this website. After watching the instructional videos on how to install the new screen myself, I decided to give it a try. Even with standard shipping the new screen arrived in 2 days. It took me less than 15 minutes to change out the screen, and the new one works perfectly! Awesone experience!

3/27/14

I held off with the Geek squad for as long as I could, they were just too much money. They even told me 'people usually just buy a new laptop'. Come on people, reuse, reduce, recycle, duh. Finally found a video about how to remove the screen, they referred me to this site. For $70 a new screen was shipped and taxed to me 3 days before promised. Truly, just 8 tiny screws and a cable and she was running. You recall that commercial where the little kid does a jaw drop of shock, well that was me when it worked without issues 20 minutes later. Too cool, too cool, too cool. many thanks people, good work.

3/24/14

I dropped my laptop and damaged the screen. Found this site and ordered on a weekend. The screen shipped first business day and I had it installed the next day. I was extremely satisfied with the quick service and quality screen, which by the way was an identical replacement and manufacturer of the original screen.

3/19/14

All I can say is AWESOME JOB GUYS!! Your tutorial video for my HP, screen selections, and shipment of product couldn't have been any easier. Had my laptop up and running in less than 45 minutes. Don't waste your money of the Geek Squad when these videos show exactly what to do. Thanks again.

3/11/14

Visited Laptopscreen.com to order a replacement screen to fix a friends computer. Ordering was easy and fast. Screen arrived well packaged and on time. For $65 I was able to repair a laptop they were told should just be replaced!

2/24/14

anyone please help me i order screen from laptopscreen.com now they dont have any reply i am waiting still nothing after they deducted 104 dollar on my credit card no one now is replying about my order please anyone help me the money is not mine its from my friend he just ask me to buy it for him

2/12/14

Arrived faster than projected. Screen works great - its already been installed into my laptop and is being utilized during this survey.

1/28/14

I needed a screen for my laptop and with one call had all the info I needed to place the order. the support on the phone and on line was excellent. I would recommend the site to everyone.

1/9/14

It got home in a good time and the screen fit very well in the laptop. I am thinking about buying another screen.

1/6/14

Used a search site to find a LCD for my netbook. LaptopScreens looked like just what I needed. Verified what LCD I needed with their search function. Ordered it immediately and it was delivered very quickly. If fit perfectly and worked as expected. Now my netbook works like new. Thanks.

12/30/13

I ordered a screen, it came in packed correctly and undamaged. The website had a demo of someone installing the same style screen. and walked me through it easy enough. The experience was great and easy.

12/23/13

Very easy to to order and shipping was fast. Reasonably priced as well. I installed the screen and it looks great! Thanks!

12/6/13

My screen arrived damaged and had a big black dot, which is appearently not covered by warranty's fine prints. Scott from Laptopscreens.com was not helpful at all, very blunt and cold in his replies to my inquires. He couldn't care less about his customers. At the very minimum, Scott could have at least expressed some sympathy, or perhaps offer me to buy another screen at a discount. Instead, they were delighted to point fingers and blame me for the damaged screen. Very little committment to customer satisfication.

In the end, I bought another screen at full price just to complete this project and move on. I should of just bought a new tablet in the first place... It was a very frustrating experience communicating with them.

As you see from the replies to these comments, Laptopscreens.com also does not respond well to feedback and always blames the customer for everything. They often try to portray the customer's experience as "unbelievable".

12/6/13

I recently had the screen on my dell laptop depart to lcd heaven. After a bit of investigation I settled on latopscreen.com. While their prices were competitive with what I could find on ebay and elsewhere on the net, what pushed me over the hump were their excellent installation videos on youtube. I figured that any company that put extra effort into instructing their customers deserves my business. After placing my order, the screen was promptly shipped and I received it a few days later. Packaging was excellent and the screen arrived in a flawless condition. Installation was a snap. As for the quality of the screen itself,unfortunately it doesn't quite match up to the screen it replaced. There's no dead pixels or anything of that nature, rather, the screen just appears a bit washed out and not quite as vibrant. Additionally, the viewing angles struck me as somewhat narrower. Looking up the model number and manufacturer, sure enough the screen is listed as having tighter viewing angles than the laptop's stock screen. On the plus side, power consumption and contrast ratio are both listed as superior. Still, it would be nice if they stated the model number/manufacturer on their website and let you know if these deviated from a laptop's stock screen. Since the screen was listed specifically for my brand and model of laptop, I assumed I'd be receiving an identical screen - but this clearly was not the case. Still, the screen and service from this seller are both good enough to recommend.

12/2/13

We needed to replace our laptop screen and found a replacement on laptopscreen.com. The price was the most reasonable we could find and the installation videos were excellent. The shipment arrived quickly and was followed up by several emails to ensure our satisfaction. Great to know there is a reasonable option rather than a total system replacement.

11/28/13

The screen arrived very fast and it works well. Perfect! I have no complaints. I will tell all my friends about this site.

11/12/13

Teenager "accidentally stepped on screen" (sigh) causing weird visual effects, so ordered a replacement via laptopscreen.com. Was relatively easy to navigate website and find the right part for the job. Found a better video for replacing, elsewhere, but the video on site was perfectly fine.

Screen was shipped promptly, great packaging, and cannot beat the price. We had one pixelation issue, but I'm either giving it a little time to settle or just letting it go (it's so minor visually, probably not worth exchanging and re-installing). So if you're worried about pixelation, test carefully before re-assembly, but I'm assuming the pixelation was probably fluke. Thanks laptopscreen.com for a cost effective replacement!

11/7/13

Great customer service, great price and very fast shipping. initial installation going well well see how long screen last before burning out... fingers crossed

11/5/13

My order was filled accurately and quickly. My screen was delivered in two business days, and thanks to video tutorials on the website I had it installed in under 20 minutes.

10/29/13

Instruction video was great; found my lap top screen easily with their search; saved me hundreds of dollars and arrived quickly what more could you ask for!!!

10/28/13

Despite the slightly sketchy appearance of the site, my laptop screen came very quickly and works just great! I particularly liked the option to pick between a matte and glossy screen. There aren't videos for installing every screen, but if you watch enough, you should be able to figure it out for yours.

If I ever crack my screen again, I'll be buying from this vendor again.

10/18/13

The price was the best. The quality of the screen is outstanding. No problems at all with my order. I will definitely order from them again.

10/18/13

They order was quick and they give prices on their website where a lot of the other laptop screen sellers don't and want to give you a quote and then don't respond to you inquiry. Also their self guided videos for installation are very helpful.

10/1/13

I was amazed at how well their site let me match up the screen I need, at how fast I got the new screen, and overall great customer service....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

9/23/13

Screen arrived in less than a week as promised. Perfect condition and no problems. If this ever happens to my laptop or any of my friends. 100% recommended.

9/19/13

I ordered a screen in Feb/13........wrong one! Sent it back for them to order the proper one, gave them all the details, even sent the old screen to them so they could look at it closer to make sure, still no screen and emailed a number of times to get in contact with them and have not yet received a reply!!!! If this is how they do business, cheap or not, at least let me know they can't get a new one or let me know the status!!!!!

9/19/13

I was fixing my laptop from a recent drop and ordered a new screen from laptopscreens.com. I don't know if my experience is the usual experience, but the screen I received is not anywhere near as good as the original. For some reason, with solid blues, the screen flickers, but is pretty good for everything else. The contrast is also not as good. The screen suffices, though. If you don't care about getting an OUTSTANDING screen back, then I'd go with them.

9/17/13

The quickest $100.00 I have ever wasted!!! I guess these people decided my money doesn't warrant a great product or good customer service. No reply to service tickets. Poor phone skills. Cheap LCD quality. I'll take my chances with eBay from this point forward. Good luck to all of you who continue to deal with this company.

9/17/13

Hi am pau,l from canary islands just replace muy laptop screen which i buy from laptopscreen.com and it works great and i recomand everyone

9/1/13

It gives you the option to fill in credit card details, but you can't use them for payment ......... what do they do with this info ........ :S
It gives info about cheap int. shipping info; Priority 5-14 days: Canada Post Tracked Packet International - $26.20
But when you check out it is not there, just US$50,- and up options.
So a little dodgy website I would say

8/22/13

I am still waiting for my order. Tracking number shows it was delivered but I never got it. I'm still waiting to find out what they are going to do about it. Right now I am not very happy. Just send me my screen please. It was suppose to be insured so I'm not sure why I haven't been sent another.

8/14/13

So I somehow screwed up my screen by just letting it FALL on the floor! Retarded right to break THAT easily? Half the screen got taken out and I was able to hook it up-to a HDMI TV temporarily to use until I got it fixed. For me, my business and a lot of my life is on the web, so I needed a new screen the next day period. I found several sites, a few not as legitimate including using sub-domains of hosted e-cart services. Then I found laptopscreen. While it was a bit higher I believe, I prefer to ho over a legitimate site based on my technical experience than a random site thats cheaper. I was able to get a video off youtube explaining it all, and since I already took a PC hardware college class, I just did the DIY replacement the next day and its working great.

It cost me a little over $100 for the screen and overnight shipping via FEDEX but worth my time. There can be many scammers or frauds, but if you need it fixed, don't want to deal with B.S. and want what I find to be a quality replacement, then these guys know their $#*! and do the job right, at-least from my experience so far!

8/11/13

My daughter had the lower third of her screen that was a rainbow of colors. Best Buy told her it needed the screen replaced and gave her a price to fix it that was so high she could have bought a new laptop for a little more. So being on a tight budget she let it set around for six months. Then Dad comes to the rescue and finds a screen for her on laptopscreen .com. The price was right and shipping was very fast. After watching a video on how to change out the old for new I had no problem. It works like new and everyone is happy! Great Company!

8/9/13

easy, cheap and quality, I love this place I can always find the screen that I need at a good price, plus my clients are always happy with the quality and fast service that they offer us

8/9/13

Great service at a good price. New screen arrived as scheduled, was well packed and protected, and worked perfectly. I don't think I found a video for my particular model (an HP Pavillion DV7) but the videos I found were very good and close to what I had. The ones I looked at at this site all mentioned smalll rubber caps over the screws in the bezel. Mine has a perferated plastic speaker grill that all you have to do is, using an x-acto knife, pry each end up a bit until you can see the screws. Believe me, that was the hardest part.

8/6/13

Purchased a screen for my son's laptop. Price was great and thanks to the installation video I was able to do it myself saving me a bundle. Speedy delivery. Will be using them again!!

7/13/13

orderd what I needed for the best price I could find got the screen in only 4days and it was a perfect oem screen in mint shape (new) I was very happy with the price and shipping speed and will recomend these folks to friends. when I need anotjer I won't even waste my time ill go straoght to laptopscreens.com and get what I need fast and economical.

6/20/13

Being a novice computer guy, this website is terrific. Found what I needed coupled with a video for my computer model made my screen repair easy.

6/17/13

It was fast and easy. This site has a huge inventory. It was easy to find and purchase the screen I needed. The shipping was a breeze and was delivered ahead of schedule. I will recommend and use this service again.
Thanks

6/11/13

When my son broke his screen, I originally thought it would be cheaper and easier for him to buy a new laptop instead of getting his repaired. Not only are the screens from this site very affordable, but watching the videos convinced me it was worth giving it a try myself. The screen arrived on-time and as promised, and the installation was easier than I had anticipated. My son is very grateful for such a low cost solution.

5/31/13

"Laptopscreen.com was recommended to me when I needed a screen fast. I found out they were local (within 55 miles to my house), so I thought I had found the perfect solution to my problem. Boy was I wrong! I made the order on May 27th early enough in the day to expect it to arrive the next day or maybe even the day after. When it didn't show up on either day I gave them a call. The kid on the phone kept talking over me while I was explaining (which was pissing me off even more) and after looking at it tells me that it will take at least 5 working days to get to me, cause that was just how it was. I am hoping it does finally show up. Due to poor customer service and horrible shipping practices I would never recommend this place to anyone."

5/22/13

I was asked to replace the damaged screen in a friend's laptop and although I've done this before, I felt insecure about ordering the wrong screen. I was able to search the site to find what I thought was the correct replacement screen and was then able to confirm this with a phone call to their support desk. Additionally, their library of videos demonstrating screen replacements for my specific model greatly increased my confidence level to perform the job. Extremely POSITIVE experience!

The Best Computer Repair Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber