US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alfonsf

Oh, I forgot, the fine for negative reviews won't wash with the credit agencies here in Europe… (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annea14
12/26/14

I found what seemed to be a good deal on their website and then went to pay with my PayPal account. The website I was sent to was one of their own pages, a facsimile of a PayPal page. I ran away from that crap and looked up the reviews here. I'm glad I did!

roxannes3
12/23/14

I ordered on Dec 5, 2014. The site states 5-10 days from date of order. It is 9:18 am on Dec 23, 2014 and I have not received my order yet. When I called to inquire this morning, a phone message states a customer representative is unavailable by phone at this time. When I click help on the website I receive Sorry, but this form is no longer receiving submissions.

jackb100
9/11/14

Why is this company even in business. $#*! You KlearGear

Tip for consumers: Avoid them they hate customers and have the worst customer service

scotr5
6/27/14

I was going to order from them but learned that if you are not happy with them and give them a negative review, they will fine you for $3,500. If you don't pay, they'll direct you to a collection agency and damage your credit rating thus ruining your credit and leave you with higher interest rates; meaning you spend more money to pay your bills. Sorry not this time.

sterlinga3
5/22/14

I almost wanted to buy something from Kleargear but then stopped myself. I am glad I woke up before the nightmares started.

Worst company on the planet.

rg20
5/19/14

NOT a former customer; I'm just reiterating the warning others have posted. If you ever buy anything from them (DON'T!) they have included in their "terms of service" agreement language which says that if you ever say anything bad about them in public (like here!) you owe them $3,500. They'll try and collect, too!

roberth126
5/16/14

I will never order, nor recommend this site to anyone I know for the simple fact that they sue people if they leave a bad review. If they can't do business and maintain good customer service of their own merits, then they don't deserve to be in business. You have to be a real scumbag of a business to sue a customer for a bad review. DON"T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

williamc55
1/1/14

Internet businesses like this one should go bankrupt along with their self-serving owners who cares about nothing but personal gain. They think they can treat customers like crap because they can hide their ugly faces from customers over the internet.

bettys10
12/27/13

What ever you do DON'T order ANYTHING from them!!!! They will take your money , not send the product and then sue you when you complain!!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!

justind36
12/27/13

I've dealt with this site in the past and had similar problems as the couple in the CNN report, they are nearly impossible to get in touch with. I ordered $250 worth of items and never received any of them. I had to get my bank to reverse the chargers on my card. I recommend avoiding this site at all cost.

bs39
12/27/13

After watching CNN just now, I'm in shock that kleargear would treat customers to terribly and then have the nerve to fine them after they wrote their review. Un-$%# believable.

jacks293
12/27/13

This company must clearly support: fascism and dictatorships. Speak one bad word about them even if you have irrefutable evidence to back it up and they will fine you. Buyer beware....I can't wait to celebrate the day this company folds!

johns621
12/26/13

This is the worst company in the world, if you write a negative review about them they try to fine you $3500 dollars. Now a couple is filing a lawsuit against them to get this resolved. They are nothing but criminals. Don't ever purchase anything from this company and watch out because they might change their name.

jeffw32
12/26/13

What a terrible company. Dont ever shop here as they are everything that is wrong with online shopping. How bout you support your loyal consumer instead of penalizing them for your lack of service. I hope the jury puts you out of business and we find out who you are so you can never re incorporate under a different name.

petera38
12/26/13

I was about to make a purchase from kleargear and went on the net to see what others' experiences were like. Not only did I find this matter about them trying to extort $3500 from a family because of an unsatisfactory review, but I also found a story in which a customer did not receive a product from them and so started a dispute process with his credit card company. Kleargear charged him a "$50 Dispute Fee".

I decided not to purchase anything from them now or in the future.

gamm
12/26/13

Kleargear!! you can go to hell with your $#*! website!! How dare you sue someone for dissatisfaction of your service? I hope your company burns in hell!!!!!

jayd105
12/26/13

In their contract they say they can sue your for writing a negative review. Well guess what kleargear? I am not a customer and have not agreed to your terms. ANY company that attempts to infringe on American's constitutional rights is a company of the worst kind. TOTAL SCUM!!! Never buy there!

dans76
12/20/13

DON'T EVER USE KLEARGEAR!!! They are a complete ripoff and scam, they try to extort money from costumers that write poor reviews on their very poor service!! KlearGear deserves every bad thing that happens to them, with being in the 'internet spotlight' of unscrupulous companies!!!

bobt36
12/19/13

Whenever I am going to order from a website I always make sure that they answer their phone in case I have problems after the sell. The phone number that they have listed doesn't allow me to get a live person. I would avoid these folks.

scottd35
12/18/13

Terms of use policy for kleargear should deter anyone from doing business with this company. Read the fine print. Do a little DD and you will also find the conduct of this company appalling when faced with a negative review reguarding it's lack of service. Beware

patw21
12/18/13

These guys are outrageous - just read the terms of use from their website- this is my particular favorite: " Pricing Policy:
Klear Gear will do everything to keep our prices competitive with our competition so you will feel confident doing business with us, and that you are getting the product for THE best price. With regards to typographical errors or errors in pricing, we reserve the right to refuse to sell a product to a customer at a price on our site that may be priced wrong." The rest are here: http://www.kleargear.com/help.html

johns519
12/18/13

BUYER BEWARE!! PLEASE COMPLETELY READ THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. A YOUNG COUPLE GOT FINED $3,500 FOR GIVING THEM A BAD REVIEW BECAUSE THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE DON'T ALLOW THAT. SO PLEASE DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dough22
12/18/13

won't ever buy from them for the actions they took of suing a customer for a bad review for not receiving an item they paid for. Shame on them

juliant9

Terrible company.

fredm31
12/18/13

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU KIDDING, YOU RIP-OFF SCUMBAGS?

Google kleargear.com to find out about their reprehensible behavior.... stay away!

stevef30
12/18/13

Horrible, horrible, horrible company. I had a horrible experience myself. Please stay away from Kleargear.com. They will take your money and not respond to complaints.

jackr36
12/18/13

Shame on this scam of a company trying to use credit bureaus to hound customers who (rightly) leave poor reviews of their products and service!! THUMBS DOWN!

joeb102
12/13/13

Looked at this site prices were ok but with their threat to sue anyone who leaves a negative comment after purchasing from them i felt it better i never purchase from them so regardless of their sites abilty to function or thier prices i find the risk of doign business with KlearGear to be a threat to my Constitution.
My recommendateion dont buy from them.

sharonk16
12/11/13

Just visited the site a few times, then found out about the "fine." Had a weird feeling about this company, as their address did not check out with Secretary of States in states they were doing business in. This holds true for alleged holding or parent companies. Google Earth ID'd vacate offices, or could not id address at all. Website looked made up with the "as seen in." Did not like the part where they -out of the blue for retail- had the words, IT, Developers, etc. Most links did not work. so today, WHAT DO I FIND? Kleargear snuck through Adobe to store info on my pc and gain access to media data. This is no joke - what the what for a retail place? NOT. Looks like a front and a fake. STAGE LEFT.

jerryf10
12/11/13

Slimy as hell! Read the fine print, you don't like your experience..fine. They'll just charge you thousands of dollars for leaving a bad review. Talk about extorting customers. You give small business a horrible name, I will NEVER EVER EVER let you see one dollar of mine.

larrys40
12/7/13

To give you a good example of how bad Kleargear is? I sent them a "snail mail" message telling them what I thought of their extortion tactics. They are so screwed up in the head they didn't even open my letter- they sent it back saying "REFUSED" If anyone wants to see the letter send me an email to Larry2001t AT Yahoo DOT com and I'll send you a copy of the scanned letter.

gener190
12/6/13

Can I sue them for being unprofessional $#*!s and selling junk that nobody realy needs?

jemoederi
12/6/13

Be careful, this website is trying destroying people life's.

joej32
12/4/13

I'm just chipping in. Have never been a customer. They get one star for fining a couple $3,500, after they made the mistake, which isn't very nice.

charlesd42
12/4/13

I hope this website falls down :D
Why? Because this:

Streisand Effect

jacka27
12/4/13

KlearGear.com has managed to piss off the entire internet, lol
I went to this website and they sell junk. Why anyone would buy anything from this site is beyond me to begin with...
I have given this site 5 stars for pissing off the entire internet, that is really really hard to do

leom36
12/3/13

I think your policies suck. You don't have any human compassion. You should be shut down by the federal government and never be allowed to business in the US or the world. President Bush has more morals than your company. I will never ever in my entire life purchase anything from you.

derekg9
12/3/13

I am not a customer. Never will be. Sue me KlearGear. I was shocked to hear of the terms you IMPOSE upon your customers in your terms of service. Shame on you

imam
12/3/13

The good news is I haven't agreed to ANYTHING with Klearger.com so I can write what I feel. They sold goods and didn't deliver them. Then they were going to charge $50 for items not delivered (order was cancelled when items were not received). No communication with their customers about items not delivered - just a $50 fee charged. Then when this situation was discussed in public - the company is fining the customer over $3,000. FAIL. Bad business practices. Bad customer service. Shame on Klearger.com!!

marko141
12/3/13

They fined a couple $3,500 for leaving a negative review. I emailed and tried to call no one answers. Good LUCK SUING ME I never did business with you and from the news reports you sound like a poopy company to deal with.

tonyh48
12/3/13

Order never arrived. Cannot get any response via phone or email. Stay away!

jrj2
12/3/13

They claim to be a BBB company with an A+ rating.. this is an outright LIE
The theme seems to be countless customers who never get their merchandise
The customers call and can never get ANYONE to answer a phone

Then if you try to give them a bad review ........ they have a clause that gives them the legal right to fine you and ultimately report the unpaid fine against your CREDIT

They have received so much negative publicity that they have taken down their FACEBOOK page

******** AVOID THESE SCAMMERS AT ALL COSTS *********
They won't be around much longer..........

jeffd35
12/2/13

Terrible service. Cannot reach anyone. I hope they fail miserably. My item never shipped. Had to dispute it

bobg8
12/2/13

DEPLORABLE way to do business! Use this company as a case study in how to drive your company into the ground! Nothing good to say about them other than we can't give ZERO STARS!!!!!

marcusd18
12/2/13

Item value and savings are not much better than reputable companies and sites. Was contemplating a purchase until i saw the most recent news of their suit against a customer who simply complained. I guess if you can't make your money legitimately..........

sadier2
12/2/13

According to Kleargear, they are Better Business Bureau accredited with an A+ rating however this is what the BBB has to say:

As of November 28, 2012, the BBB became aware that the company's website is displaying a BBB Accredited Business logo and BBB Rating A+; however, the company is not a BBB accredited business and the BBB rating is not A+.

The BBB contacted the company regarding these issues and this matter is pending the company's response.

As of November 28, 2012, the BBB discovered that some pages of the company's website display the BBB Accredited Business Logo and state "BBB Rating A+", when neither is true.

The BBB contacted the company at the Michigan mail drop address instructing the company to immediately remove the incorrect BBB logo and reference from their site.

This matter is currently pending.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/western-michigan/business-reviews/novelties-retail/kleargear-in-grandville-mi-38143064#sthash.JQ6s1oUW.dpuf

thomasb80
12/2/13

Are you kidding? I wouldn't buy anything from these crooks if it was the last source on earth.

dm81
12/1/13

Wow that was the worst publicity since the hindenburgh for air travel. Unless they are making good money from fining people what were they thinking. Who in their right mind would deal with them now. Wtf. If a company contracts you out of the right to review their bad service then they are saying WE HAVE SOMTHING TO HIDE.

joshuab51
12/1/13

They fine people for being dissatisfied. If you have to punish those who don't like your service then your service is poor.

nicks58
12/1/13

Unreal that they would place a blemish on someone's credit report for a "fine" for $3500 for a much-warranted negative review.

Fine me, I dare you.