US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Kizoa reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: (844) 898-4402
Make slideshows, videos, collages, and more!
Join Now
Review of Kizoa

Kizoa reviews

43%
24 rue de l’Est
Paris, Ile de France 75020, France
veronica.gomez@kizoa.com
Make slideshows, videos, collages, and more!
Join Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mellissaw

Pretty easy, and I love that I don't have to store the slide show on my computer! (in 9 reviews)

kj143

And the customer service was awesome when I forgot to use my discount code for purchasing. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lizzil
1/15/11

The Kizoa website states that slideshows can be downloaded as a video to post on YouTube if you purchase the 2-year membership for $49.99. However, their website does not inform you that the only video format they offer is AVI (which creates huge file sizes). The download time is extremely long. When I tried posting the AVI video to YouTube, it didn't upload (also it was about 65 MB). When I emailed Kizoa about this, they did not respond.

Later, I discovered that I could create a slideshow video using Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with Windows XP. Windows Movie Maker doesn't have animated effects like snowfall, etc, but it does have video effects, video transitions, titles and credits (text), and you can import pictures, other videos to combine, audio and music. When you save the file, it allows you to save as a Movie File, which will save as WMV (much smaller file size).

The WMV file easily uploads to YouTube. Windows Movie Maker is not difficult to use, and it's free. If the text doesn't fit on the picture, you can create a PowerPoint slide with the picture as a background, add text, save as JPEG, and import it to Windows Movie Maker.

I do regret paying $49.99 for the 2-year Kizoa membership, especially since they did not respond to my email, which is poor customer service (also, their advertisement about video downloading is misleading). Their website does not have a phone number or address (they are located in France). Later, I discovered that I could use RealPlayer (free) to convert the AVI file to WMV, which reduced the file size and I was then able to upload it to YouTube.

samm23
12/29/10

I am very frustrated and would like my money back as well, terrible experience in EVERY WAY! It is a shame I wasted 7 hours of my life trying to create a slideshow much less the $50, I am absoluetly blown away that scams are able to operate like this, right under our noses! Shame on KIZOA (a company located in FRANCE!!!) for the outright scams and never responding to customer complaints. THIS COMPANY IS A WOLF IN SHEEP's CLOTHING and you better steer CLEAR!!!

cajusl
10/30/10

The webpage looked attractive. The actual program is not workable. It takes many hours to download a few pictures. If you would like to download a hundred pictures in order to prepare a slideshow - you are not possible to complete your task. You have to pay for the premium plan if you wanted to burn the slideshow to a DVD. Please try other website instead. DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS WEBSITE - IT IS GARBAGE.

laureno2
9/7/10

I stumbled upon Kizoa the other day and I have been hooked ever since. The site allowed me to upload a ton of photos and then edit them with all these great special effects and editing tools. What was even more convenient was that after using Kizoa I could upload photos and slideshows right to my blog and to facebook. I was also surprised that you can take photos right from a webcam and upload them right into the editing feature.

This site makes it easy to create artistic photos and share them with family and friends. With super cool transitions, animations, text options, and the ability to add music to a slideshow I would recommend Kizoa.

brookea1
9/7/10

This website is SO much fun! I can't stop using it. I recently joined for a two year membership which is only about $2.00 per month (practically nothing!) and I've already made several slideshows that I've been able to email to all my friends. I'm thinking.......future Christmas gifts?!?!

jocelynw
7/31/10

I absolutely love this site!! They had all the right slideshow and editing tools I needed for my classroom this summer and I haven't had any problems burning a DVD. And when I sent them an email for help uploading my music, they replied almost instantly...thats hard to find these days!

jamesc16
6/7/10

I feel like this site is totally misrepresented by all the other reviews. I fell in love with all the easy effects and animations and upgrading right away. maybe they had some problems in the past, but I had no problem burning my slideshow to DVD and it turned out great - I love this site!

kimberlyt
5/9/10

DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!!! We downloaded this program because it was advertised as free and had lots of interesting slideshow features. My husband spent hours uploading pictures and creating a slideshow for a Mother's Day presentation for our church. After everything was done and he tried to save it to dvd we discovered you have to pay $50 to do that (this was not revealed anywhere on the website that we can find, and we did go back to see if we overlooked it somewhere). We had no choice because we needed that presentation and there was no time to create a new one so he paid the money and upgraded the program. When he again tried to burn the slideshow to dvd the computer (which belongs to the church) completely crashed and when he tried to reboot he got a fatal error message. So now we are out $50, we had no slideshow presentation for Mother's Day, and the church computer that we use in all of our services is dead! DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!

mistiem
1/16/10

When I first stumbled upond this site, I was really impressed with all that I could do with my photos. And, just like some, was disappointed with the fact that I spent weeks putting a slideshow together, only to find out I couldn't burn a DVD unless I subscribed for 2 yrs.! But what really upset me, was the fact that I did subscribe, my cc was charged, and the program didn't even work!!! It took me hours to download the software and hours to try to burn the DVD, but in the end, my DVD was blank! I emailed Kizoa for tips and advice, but never received any response! Then, I decided since this wasn't going to work for me, I wanted a refund, yet, I still have had no responses. So now, I paid 50 something dollars for a service that doesn't even work! This is a terrible website that has horrible customer service! I don't recommend it!!!

cassandrag
1/10/10

It is deceptive to the consumer, as the site lets you create a beautiful slide show and then tells you if you want to use all the cool tools you have to subscribe. You can only burn a disk if you subscribe for 2 years. I like the tools (as I was forced to subscribe or lose my hard work that I did for a school project). I like the site, but I don't like that it is not upfront to consumers.

sabrad
6/6/09

I found this site......it has some different features on there for editing. It's rather simple as far as what you can do with your pix but for someone who is just learning the fine arts of editing, it will be a great start.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: During making a slide show .Internet Explorer failed. Work of 5 hours is gone.
Can I get it back
Lukas
9/16/13
juliem8
A: I found this site online when looking for a way to create a Memorial Dvd for my Dad. The programs I have would only copy to cd. Can someone give me some info about this site? Is Kizoa actually free to use, are there any hidden costs? I'm not sure whether to trust the site wthout further info.
1/18/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?