US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephenr40

as like one of your previous users, I have used kizoa to make a slide show for my sons partner. (in 56 reviews)

jeremyr23

A really big thank you to my customer service assitant - Alesa Gawlik. (in 37 reviews)

cheralyns

I can't believe it is a lifetime membership and not annual or monthly. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

deea34

Love it

davej55
3/1/16

Kizoa is pretty simple to use with a ton of options. Ive use it free before, but needed higher res, so i bought a subscription. I wish they ha some "one use" options for less.

vinayakv

Nice site and easy tool

corinai
3/1/16

Good evening, my name is Corina Ionescu and I subscribed last year the program Kizoa that though, I tested much! Overall the program is quite rich in effects, transitions, templates, etc., but I seems a bit cumbersome to work with him! hardest I find that editing clips can not do it, but be sent to you and wait until you edit! in this regard, if I want to draw a sample, second, to final edit, every time you have to spend time, to send the variants and then wait! i would have liked to edit myself clip, so that i can make changes or additions in place, and then to see the final version ! the program also does not have stability, and a few times I was wiped out, I worked and I had to take over again! in this regard I would like greater stability and opportunity, for my check I projects, without having to send them to you.In I paid program and should have independence from him! I'm sorry that I did not know this detail from the start, do not know if buy program! With feedback from sorry, I do not have a favorable assessment of your program, thank you for your cooperation and look Improving! Best regards! Corina Ionescu!

kristenl18
2/23/16

I loved Kizoa, as I was in search of a free program to create a memorial video for my dad's funeral this weekend. It is easy to use and fun to create but I was sad that after working on my dad's video for days I wasn't able to download it or burn it into a DVD unless I became a member and pay 49.99. It would be okay if I wanted to make videos all the time but this is just for a one time purpose and the price is far to high for me to pay. I really wish the website would be more clear about their free features. I am so stressed out since I worked so hard on the slideshow and in the end, I will have to find another place to create a video for my dads funeral. I really hope Kizoa will be able to help me out. =(

jessiel30
2/23/16

Your website for online movie maker is the best for this matter but I want to have an mp4 format of my movie. It is too costly for me to pay for it and as a first time user I didn't know that it has premium membership just to download for the output. Can I request for a free mp4 copy on my account (jessiellaga0922@gmail.com). Your positive response regarding this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you!

jeremyr23
2/22/16

Of all the software I have previously purchased from European sources, this is by far the most fun to use product to date. Its learning curve is just about where it should be for either an intermediate through advanced user. I spent nearly 2 days making my first collage. I was barely able to stop using the software for even 1 hour. Kizoa is as addicting as video or online games. Thanks Kizoa for making an online graphics editor like no other.
Tech support is spot on even with the nine hour time difference from Seattle to Paris. A really big thank you to my customer service assitant - Alesa Gawlik.

rosemaryc10
2/22/16

having used Kizoa for a number of years I found from time to time the software let them down, slow to sign in, freezing on a regular basis, waiting forever for an edited photo to save ... well that's all gone !
I am really impressed with the new format, long may they continue to improve their website ... well done to the Team

jahazeba
2/21/16

I have spent a lot of time and effort to make a movie because the front page of your website clearly shows that you can create and download videos for free. But in the end it says that you are forced to buy membership if you want the movie to be downloaded on your pc . I have shared it on facebook but i want to download it for free. What is the use of creating it if i cant even download it? You should have mentioned it on homepage. I was really expecting to download the video and send it to a very special person after all the effort. I am really dissapointed.
I really need to download this video. Please do something

bobl67
2/19/16

Alesa did a nice job of helping me to navigate through the steps

nancym100
2/18/16

I called into customer service with a problem on a video that was created the night before. The video was for a funeral service and had to be at the church within a few hours. Veronica was eager to help, knowledgeable and fixed the problem within a few minutes. SHE IS A SUPERSTAR!!

rebeccaw45
2/18/16

I spent days putting together a slideshow for my boyfriend for valentines day believing that it was, as the website advertised, FREE. I am absolutely heartbroken to discover that I now need to pay money in order to download this video. I could have spent this time using another program that was actually free. I feel that this is false advertising.

Since experiencing this problem I have read reviews written by others who have similar problems and am very surprised to see that Kizoa has not changed their website to reflect it is not in fact free.

andreak52
2/17/16

I looked for a free slideshow service for my husbands' memorial funeral service. I searched for free slideshow programs and settled on Kizoa after reading the positive reviews. I spent days working on his slideshow and then realized that I cannot actually download the video or even properly upload it to youtube without paying. I am so disappointed and spent so much time on this. Their policy on what constitutes "free" is sneaky and unclear until you try to download. SO DISAPPOINTED. Don't get scammed like me.

benjaminp29
2/17/16

Spent 6 hours creating a "FREE" video for my daughter's 2nd birthday only to be bilked out of $29.95 to get a copy of the finished product. Thirty bucks isn't the end of the world, but I refuse to pay it on principle. That's just wrong. You can't support a company that isn't up front with their customers.

lubnap
2/17/16

I made a video as it said it was free. I sat whole night to make a video for my school presentation and i'm really sad to know it asks for membership to download :( I still have 6 videos to make by 27th. Wasted my time on this.

isabellm
2/16/16

I am in the middle of make a memory CD of my boys and needed help with some of it.. the costumer service I received was GREAT and very HELPFUL in directing me on some of the things I needed to do with make this CD..

Isabell..

I also find this program very easy to work with..

shilpap
2/15/16

I sat up whole night and prepared video for Valentine's day based on the reviews. And at the end i am unable to download the video, nor convert the html link to MP4. It was all into waters !!
Can you please help

diannas8
2/14/16

The Program looks great and easy to use but when i try to upload videos it gets stuck on 99%. If they can fix this some way then I would rate it 5 stars.

sergeid2
2/7/16

Thank you for this awesome app!I'm not the bets in the latest technology but this app made combing my pictures and video so easy!Also great customer service.

amyk56
2/3/16

were able to help me with no difficultys lots of amazing added on features and great service would recommend this site to anyone

kathleenn12
1/31/16

I recently reviewed Kizoa unfavorably. I had monumental problems with a slide show presentation I was trying to put together last weekend. They were apparently having serious problems with their server throughout the weekend which impacted my ability to use the slide presentation that I worked very hard on. Since I was unable to get in touch with them since their business hours are Monday through Friday, not weekends, I felt that they were not letting me use their site for free as they claim. In light of this I upgraded my membership in order to secure my slide presentation with NO luck. I was extremely upset. When Monday came rolling around I called them and spoke to a lovely representative named Veronica. She explained to me that they were having serious technical issues over the weekend and was extremely apologetic. After explaining the whole situation to Veronica, she not only allowed me to download my slide presentation for free, but refunded me my payment for the upgraded membership AND is allowing me to remain an upgraded member for free. I guess I can't ask for anything more than that. They were wonderful.

The only complaint I still have and I expressed to Veronica is that they need to be more upfront and clear about their membership fees. I worked very hard on this four minute presentation that I thought would be for free....and it is.....but you don't find out till you are all done that you are extremely limited as to what you can do for free without upgrading.

Otherwise, I will continue to use them in the future. They really do bend over backwards to rectify issues.

vm39
1/30/16

For my daughter s birthday I sat up all night creating a movie but now the site is in acccessible and i hope I will be able to complete it and download it free as promised !

melbaw1
1/28/16

I would to thank you so much for the awesome customer service that I have received. I have called numerous times in one day. Every time that I called everyone was so nice and very helpful. I believe that your customer service says a lot about your company. I find that having awesome customer service only has a lot to say about who they work for. Everyone is so nice and helpful and they told me to call as many times as I have to. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

veronicah17
1/27/16

If you have some time to play around with the features of this program you will soon find it easy to use. I have made two videos, and two chirstmas cards that turned out well. I have learned how to sync recordings to the video as well.
the only problem I have is sometimes you can't control the cursor when setting images and it is as if the program has a mind of its own which can be frustrating at times, But over all I have found it to be a good workable program

surbhib
1/27/16

I spent so much time and effort to make a movie as on the front page it shows u can create and download for free. But in the end u r forced to buy membership if u want the movie to be downloaded on your pc . Sharing of fb doesn't work as many user aren't able to view my movie . What is the use of creating it if i cant download it . SHOULD MENTION ON HOMEPAGE .

susanp79
1/22/16

I worked on a 40th birthday slideshow for many hours for my husband's birthday and did not find out till the end that it would cost money. This should be disclosed up front!!! This is how they get you, you worked for many hours so you feel forced to pay. Not an ethical business practice in my opinion.

timn18
1/21/16

Kizoa customer rep Alesa was very nice in helping me the first time when I was just a visitor. Due to that experience I have become a Kizoa lifetime premium membership. She helped me the second time using TeamViewer to reset some of the settings of my antivirus software, and the problem solved.

garyb117
1/15/16

I found your company very easy to work with. I spoke with two of your employees and they were very helpful and a pleasure to speak with. I will be recommending you company to others.

lynnef8
1/14/16

I had added words to a movie/ slideshow and they weren't matching the music I had for my School Song. Alesa was wonderful and took the initiative to fix it and send it back to me. GREAT HELP!

gigic2
1/14/16

Are you able to save your progress and is there an option to save it?

rosemaryw6
1/14/16

I had a few problems with burning my dvd, didn't know how to block my anti virus program so I could burn my dvd, but Alesa was very helpful, she took over remotely and everything went smooth thereafter. Thank you Alesa!

benb93
1/11/16

I highly recommend this product and service. The first slide show with the music and transitions times perfectly was a real hit. Customer service was great and honest and helpful in resolving issues. They GOT the issues the first time. Didn't need to explain repeatedly. Did not do another project for three months, called in to find out capacity and representative remembered my VOICE without my even mentioning my name. Warm friendly responsive and helpful answers that were Quick and Efficient. I highly Recommend this product and service.

tiffanyg27
1/9/16

I love this slideshow maker...I have made so many videos.. It is very easy to use. and FUN!!!!

The only question I have is: Can I use my own images with transparent backgrounds? Like, if I want to add my own frame, or flower or something.

laurenh40
1/7/16

I spent days putting together a slideshow for my sons first birthday tomorrow believing, as the website advertised, that this would be FREE. This is not in fact the case and I am now being asked to pay money to download the video. I am absolutely devastated as I could have spent this time using an alternate software that is in fact free. False advertising.

In addition, I am now reading reviews of others who have experienced similar things and equally as shocked to see that Kizoa has not updated their website to reflect the fact that it is not in fact free, even after receiving this feedback!

loris153
1/6/16

Seriously SO annoyed!! I have spent 2.5 DAYS going thru pics, scanning them, editing, cropping etc. in attempt to make a video not quite 4 minutes long. Had a very special song my boys dedicated to me to play along with the pics...get it all done and was so relieved when after I tried to post to facebook, it never showed up!! I am in tears over all this effort with nothing to show for it. Your website says FREE...since it said that, there was no reason for me to go searching for further information. Only AFTER I went thru all this and it didn't post, did I maneuver thru all your links on top and discover FREE is only a minute long. Who wants to post a 1 minute video with pics? I will never use this site again and will warn everyone else to0...thanks for nothing

sueg31
12/28/15

Every time a send an email inquiry, I will be lucky enough to get a response within the day. But most of it will take a day or more to get a response.

sharont43
12/27/15

Problems putting music to slideshows and difficult to manage.

edwardd25
12/23/15

Better documentation is needed for each section of the menu. Although eventually I could figure things out, there could have been a lot less 'trial and error' with better documentation.

allisonw23
12/23/15

If I could give a zero star rating I would solely based off of the fact that this company uses false advertising. I have spent many many hours to make the perfect video as a Christmas gift, when they say it is "free" and when I go to burn it, it is going to cost me over 70$. This is ridiculous and unacceptable. When I email I get no response, and when I call to complain they state that the majority of their site is free and that it is clearly stated in multiple places. Both of which are not true... The site is "free" if you make a video that is less than 1 minute long, and who wants to do that?! and it is only stated in multiple places after you have wasted all of your time making the video that you can no longer do anything with when you find out how much it costs. I will never use this site again.

reginai2
12/21/15

What I found was how easy it was to apply pics to videos, making your own albums. What I want to know is how I can create my own album to share with others?

ruthb52
12/14/15

The site has been down more than up! It is not as easy as they proclaim it to produce DVD's. Quality is super but getting a DVD was impossible!

kotap
12/11/15

collage should be in different shapes must be good just like heart shape,fruit shape,nature shape.

theob29
12/11/15

now i try to create my happy new year video but
I can not find a single song for happy New Year ! !

pattin4
12/11/15

Always wanted to be able to create professional videos with my own images music etc ~ yet also be able to see how to do this.. thanks to Kizoa this was brought about effortlessly and I am really grateful for all their 24/7 help

vickyt6
12/10/15

I created a slide show consisting of hundreds of slides for the 2015 National Springer Spaniel Championship banquet. I am too old to do computer stuff...so naturally, I got stuck when it came to downloading it to a flash drive. I contacted Kizoa and was helped immediately! My slide show was a super success and everyone thinks I'm a genius! HA! Thank you Kizoa!

corneliug1
12/10/15

I have created some slideshows already and overall I had a good experience.

The good:
- lots of animations / backgrounds / templates / transitions / effects to choose from
- photo editor
allow you to do basic or advanced photo editing
- impressive collage tool
- ability to save and share videos

The bad:
- missing search function
if you want for example to search for "star" in animation
or for "fade" in transition you have to browse through all categories to find it
- occasional glitches (possible due to cacheing of images)
some parts of the application are able to rotate pictures based on orientation / exif but other parts not (mostly editors) so occasionally some pictures will be presented rotated.
- missing support ticketing system
all requested are responded but you don't know if they will solve your issue and when
- while editing slides one by one you have to remember to save frequently or you will lose your work.

andib1
12/10/15

I made our business corporate Christmas card/movie and loaded it onto you tube, then emailed the link to my client list. its all worked out brilliantly

juanm61
12/9/15

Was able to create a video within hours of signing up with them. They help you throughout the process and the tools are easy to navigate.

garyt48
11/25/15

Kizoa is awesome and the people who run it are quickly responsive and friendly. Use it to create albums and slideshows.

kathrynd7
11/17/15

I fell upon kizoa.com while looking for an online & affordable way to create a slideshow for my Mother's 80th birthday. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results! There were some hiccups with the site along the way but nothing that I couldn't work through and/or receive assistance on. Kizoa support always replied in a timely manner. Multiple people at the party asked me how I created such a great slideshow...I was happy to recommend kizoa.com! Thanks!

207 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Answer
kizoab
A: Hi Angela, can you send us an email at support@kizoa.com and let us know what internet browser you're using? Also, can you describe in more detail at what point you got stuck during the Facebook upload process?
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
5 days ago
Answer
alesag
A: Hi Connie! Could you please send us a private message or contact us directly at customer support with the email address for your Kizoa account as well as the name of the movie you're trying to download? We'll be glad to take a look and help you get your full movie :)
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Kizoa staff and other customers.
Kizoa?