US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Kizoa reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: (844) 898-4402
Make slideshows, videos, collages, and more!
Join Now
Review of Kizoa

Kizoa reviews

48%
24 rue de l’Est
Paris, Ile de France 75020, France
veronica.gomez@kizoa.com
Make slideshows, videos, collages, and more!
Join Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jennp11

Customer service is the BEST I have experienced for any online program!! (in 14 reviews)

cheralyns

I even was able to email her some videos for her to upload to my slide show for me. (in 10 reviews)

andrer1

Thanks for giving me and my daughter such a fun time together. (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mikes71
9/20/11

I read the website description and gave the trail version a try. It worked pretty well and I went ahead and bought the full version. As I was getting into production I began to find flaws.
* You cannot control the speed of text scrolls
* You cannot insert video
* You cannot set slide times for indivdual slides
I contacted KIZOA and requested a refund. As a wedding photography I need video input. They said "No refund". If your just loading up your family photos it's fine...if your trying to do semi-pro or professional productions, stay away!

mariam16
8/7/11

SCAMMERS! FRAUD!!!!

when i was done with the setting up my free version, it uploads the photos and deletes them from your hard drive. Then you find out that to save it you need to pay for membership. I didnt want to do that, emailed the Kizoa people, they told me to download my images back I had to have a premium account. WTF!!!!!!!!

Here is a copy of the email conversation with these people.
__________________________
Good Day.
I uploaded photos online to create a slideshow but I noticed that now they are missing from my original folder on my computer. How can I retrieve them back?

Thanks,
_______________________________

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

You can always save your photos back onto your computer by going to the MY IMAGES tab and selecting a photo and then clicking on the DOWNLOAD button to save to your computer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

The Kizoa Team
______________________________________
I tired that but it tells me I have to upgrade my account just to download them back.

Thanks,
_____________________________________
Hello,

Thank you for your email.

You should be able to save your photos to your computer so long as you have not selected the LARGE format. You can select either the standard or miniature format to save to your computer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
The Kizoa Team

bettinaa
7/14/11

I have used Kizoa now for 2 weeks.
It is a very simple, straight forward site and application to use.
I had problems signing up with the promotion code applicable for the 2 year membership. I contacted the kizoa support and received feedback with another promotion code within less then 24 hours.
I had no problem signing up or paying. Mind you though I used paypal.

I love the fact I can store all my photos.
I had some issues with uploading music. However, this was more a problem on my side, which I was able to correct.
I had contacted kizoa support numerous times with questions. They always got back to me within 24 hours, which is really great!!

Love the Application. I would recommend it to anyone starting out with photography. It certainly is worth every penny.
I have gotten many many compliments regarding the slideshows I have created so far.

We love Kizoa.

Bettina

jonathanf
6/1/11

I found our Kizoa experience to be fantastic. I understood up front that in order to burn my slideshow to a DVD that I would have to pay for the Premium subscription and I found a Promotional code that was 50% off for a 2 year subscription. We used the site to create a 20 minute slide show for the end of our son's school year that was shown at the end of the year party. Everyone loved the video and each child got to take a DVD home. The site made it easy to upload photos and music. We took full advantage of the wide range of transitions and graphics included with the premium subscription. I would recommend this site to anyone.

denised4
4/5/11

Buyer Beware, the company is operating out of a barn somewhere in France, laughing all the way to the bank. They are deceptive in their charging for their membership, not disclosing that they are a foreign company, and their pricing is in Euros. The fraud dept of my bank questioned the charge that was suppose to be 39.90 and ended up 57.20, the 39.90 was euros. They do not respond to their emails, never provided any receipt for their membership. I don't care where they are hiding I want my 57,.27 back, my bank slipped and paid the creeps. I am shocked at how much money this creeps are collecting!!!! There options of a free slideshow is a lie, there is no choice than what they attempt to collect and it appears that it is different for every buyer. They have scammed the wrong blogger, I will not stop until I get my money back!!

reneer1
3/4/11

When I made my slideshow (after purchasing the 2 year agreement) I wanted to add more than one song...I asked how to add it so it would start where I wanted in the slideshow- and when they e-mailed me back they said that I shouldn't be too particular and there isn't really a way to do it unless you listen to the slideshow from the beginning- and figure out where the second song started...not great customer service- when I burned it to DVD it skips and takes forever to load- I would love my money back!!!!!

lauram13
2/15/11

I agree with all the above reports of this website. I am so mad at myself for not doing enough research on this site before I started fiddling around with a slideshow creation. They do get you with paying to download or burning a dvd for additional money. I refuse to pay 50.00 for one slideshow. I spent 2 days creating a special military tribute to our troops and it turned out fantastic. But then I starting encountering problems with uploading more pictures and the response I rcvd from someone in from Kizoa was not helpful and I still cannot upload pics.

williams11
2/7/11

The site is attractive and works pretty well. To be able to add all the effects and transitions you do have to pay for the two year deal, so it really depends on how much your going to use it in that time. I've used it a couple of times, and it's done good, but just had problems with one I just put together for someone. Had problems with uploading some of my own music, and a couple of hiccups in the music transitions, but over all I would recommend the program. There is no immediate response from customer support, they got back to me once, still waiting on a fix to problem.

annas8
2/6/11

I started playing on Kizoa but realized quickly that all was not free. They should make it more know what is free and what is not. A good website can quickly become deceptive to many. Companies should realize that this is not good policy and they are doing more harme then good. My experience has been good up to now. I just am having a problem uploading my own music. Don't know if it is something at my end or theirs. I have e-mailed them recently so haven't heard anything yet.
Anna S.

roneln
2/3/11

I came across this website and think it is an awesome slideshow maker, but I am battling for 4 days now to buy the two year premium version. i am from SA and simply can't make the payment on line. I sent numerous e-mails to Kazoa but no one can tell me what my promotional code is so i could go ahead and have fun with the program. So I am very dissapointed with this, but sure I could stumble another site that is more helpfull to me. To the ones that could buy and enjoy the program i envy you.

lizzil
1/15/11

The Kizoa website states that slideshows can be downloaded as a video to post on YouTube if you purchase the 2-year membership for $49.99. However, their website does not inform you that the only video format they offer is AVI (which creates huge file sizes). The download time is extremely long. When I tried posting the AVI video to YouTube, it didn't upload (also it was about 65 MB). When I emailed Kizoa about this, they did not respond.

Later, I discovered that I could create a slideshow video using Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with Windows XP. Windows Movie Maker doesn't have animated effects like snowfall, etc, but it does have video effects, video transitions, titles and credits (text), and you can import pictures, other videos to combine, audio and music. When you save the file, it allows you to save as a Movie File, which will save as WMV (much smaller file size).

The WMV file easily uploads to YouTube. Windows Movie Maker is not difficult to use, and it's free. If the text doesn't fit on the picture, you can create a PowerPoint slide with the picture as a background, add text, save as JPEG, and import it to Windows Movie Maker.

I do regret paying $49.99 for the 2-year Kizoa membership, especially since they did not respond to my email, which is poor customer service (also, their advertisement about video downloading is misleading). Their website does not have a phone number or address (they are located in France). Later, I discovered that I could use RealPlayer (free) to convert the AVI file to WMV, which reduced the file size and I was then able to upload it to YouTube.

samm23
12/29/10

I am very frustrated and would like my money back as well, terrible experience in EVERY WAY! It is a shame I wasted 7 hours of my life trying to create a slideshow much less the $50, I am absoluetly blown away that scams are able to operate like this, right under our noses! Shame on KIZOA (a company located in FRANCE!!!) for the outright scams and never responding to customer complaints. THIS COMPANY IS A WOLF IN SHEEP's CLOTHING and you better steer CLEAR!!!

cajusl
10/30/10

The webpage looked attractive. The actual program is not workable. It takes many hours to download a few pictures. If you would like to download a hundred pictures in order to prepare a slideshow - you are not possible to complete your task. You have to pay for the premium plan if you wanted to burn the slideshow to a DVD. Please try other website instead. DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS WEBSITE - IT IS GARBAGE.

laureno2
9/7/10

I stumbled upon Kizoa the other day and I have been hooked ever since. The site allowed me to upload a ton of photos and then edit them with all these great special effects and editing tools. What was even more convenient was that after using Kizoa I could upload photos and slideshows right to my blog and to facebook. I was also surprised that you can take photos right from a webcam and upload them right into the editing feature.

This site makes it easy to create artistic photos and share them with family and friends. With super cool transitions, animations, text options, and the ability to add music to a slideshow I would recommend Kizoa.

brookea1
9/7/10

This website is SO much fun! I can't stop using it. I recently joined for a two year membership which is only about $2.00 per month (practically nothing!) and I've already made several slideshows that I've been able to email to all my friends. I'm thinking.......future Christmas gifts?!?!

jocelynw
7/31/10

I absolutely love this site!! They had all the right slideshow and editing tools I needed for my classroom this summer and I haven't had any problems burning a DVD. And when I sent them an email for help uploading my music, they replied almost instantly...thats hard to find these days!

jamesc16
6/7/10

I feel like this site is totally misrepresented by all the other reviews. I fell in love with all the easy effects and animations and upgrading right away. maybe they had some problems in the past, but I had no problem burning my slideshow to DVD and it turned out great - I love this site!

kimberlyt
5/9/10

DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!!! We downloaded this program because it was advertised as free and had lots of interesting slideshow features. My husband spent hours uploading pictures and creating a slideshow for a Mother's Day presentation for our church. After everything was done and he tried to save it to dvd we discovered you have to pay $50 to do that (this was not revealed anywhere on the website that we can find, and we did go back to see if we overlooked it somewhere). We had no choice because we needed that presentation and there was no time to create a new one so he paid the money and upgraded the program. When he again tried to burn the slideshow to dvd the computer (which belongs to the church) completely crashed and when he tried to reboot he got a fatal error message. So now we are out $50, we had no slideshow presentation for Mother's Day, and the church computer that we use in all of our services is dead! DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!

mistiem
1/16/10

When I first stumbled upond this site, I was really impressed with all that I could do with my photos. And, just like some, was disappointed with the fact that I spent weeks putting a slideshow together, only to find out I couldn't burn a DVD unless I subscribed for 2 yrs.! But what really upset me, was the fact that I did subscribe, my cc was charged, and the program didn't even work!!! It took me hours to download the software and hours to try to burn the DVD, but in the end, my DVD was blank! I emailed Kizoa for tips and advice, but never received any response! Then, I decided since this wasn't going to work for me, I wanted a refund, yet, I still have had no responses. So now, I paid 50 something dollars for a service that doesn't even work! This is a terrible website that has horrible customer service! I don't recommend it!!!

cassandrag
1/10/10

It is deceptive to the consumer, as the site lets you create a beautiful slide show and then tells you if you want to use all the cool tools you have to subscribe. You can only burn a disk if you subscribe for 2 years. I like the tools (as I was forced to subscribe or lose my hard work that I did for a school project). I like the site, but I don't like that it is not upfront to consumers.

sabrad
6/6/09

I found this site......it has some different features on there for editing. It's rather simple as far as what you can do with your pix but for someone who is just learning the fine arts of editing, it will be a great start.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: During making a slide show .Internet Explorer failed. Work of 5 hours is gone.
Can I get it back
Lukas
9/16/13
juliem8
A: I found this site online when looking for a way to create a Memorial Dvd for my Dad. The programs I have would only copy to cd. Can someone give me some info about this site? Is Kizoa actually free to use, are there any hidden costs? I'm not sure whether to trust the site wthout further info.
1/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I have downloaded my slide show but now I am getting a message asking what progarm do I want to use to open it. Can anyone help me? Please, in a time crunch
4 days ago
kizoab
A: Hi Cheri! What format did you download your slideshow in? I would suggest using VLC media player which is basically compatible with all video/ISO formats.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Kizoa?
Click here to post a review