US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephenr40

as like one of your previous users, I have used kizoa to make a slide show for my sons partner. (in 56 reviews)

jeremyr23

A really big thank you to my customer service assitant - Alesa Gawlik. (in 35 reviews)

sheliam3

I'm still learning about how to update a slideshow I built. (in 151 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

spacem
4/30/16

It would've been nice if the site had mentioned the fees/cost of package deals, instead of me wasting 4 hours of editing and realizing that I had to pay $50 for the deal, and the storage space is terrible, need to add more info about it. I like this new software, but the company did a bad job of presenting the product.

Tip for consumers: before making video, click my order then my plan. boom, pay up if you want a really good quality video

wendyr33
4/25/16

As many have said in their review, I have spent many, many hours on my daughter's high school graduation video. I never knew of the charges that would be associated with the process until I vested so much time. As my video will end up being 15-20 min, there will be an exorbitant fee! I could have paid someone locally for much less! Now I have spent all of this time on the video and may have to start over and find another site! Graduation is 2 weeks away! This is the last thing I need!

jeanieq
4/23/16

One of your agents named Alesa helped me solve my problem in a very patient and friendly way and helped me get up and running again. I am very grateful for her help! Thank you Alesa

philav
4/23/16

I had a very pleasant time creating my movie. It's so important to my company to have a quality product that I can sell. The software really made my project stand out and hold up to the competition. Thank you.

peggyr17
4/20/16

She was a great help with the surprise movie I made for my daughter's wedding. I am a very busy professional and she saved me hours of time trying to figure that out on my own! Give that girl a raise!!!!

janetr39
4/18/16

It has made my videos so much more professional and did I say a great look.. try it your work. Thanks

alyssad7
4/14/16

Music on movie slides are behind from when you actually play them. if you put a collage into the movie it freezes. This sight freezes a lot, and it makes me really angry to have to reload it a bunch of times. i have used the site of many different computers and web browsers and it still is wonky.

richardo33
4/11/16

The learning curve was a bit challenging at first, but overcome rather quickly thanks to your tech support person, Alesa. Alesa is not only technically excellent, she has great patience and human relations skills. Her calm delivery helped us to deal with our initial anxiety in using your product. It is almost reached the point where I can't wait for my next technical question. Just kidding, please let me assure you I've about reached complete functionality with your product and except for an occasional bout with forgetfulness, I will likely curtail my calls.Where do I begin to sing your praises? I will start with the great service we received from your technical support person, Alesa. Her technical proficiency and calm demeanor guided us through what at first appeared to be a traumatic adventure. I called her countless times at each step of the way. She provided accurate answers and saw to it that I affected each step in the process. She never lost patience. She stayed focused on my complete satisfaction.

Now on to your product. It is outstanding. My wife and I wanted to make a pictorial presentation of our joyful lives from birth the present. We will enjoy sharing this work product with our family. It will also serve as a parting gesture at our inevitable celebration of life service at the other end which we anticipate will be many years from now. It took a little work but we now have a product of which we can be proud. Also we find comfort in knowing that our children will not be burdened with the task of rummaging through countless photo albums which would only produce a hodgepodge of graphics. We have incorporated your music and transitions and text which together with our photographs tell the whole story. We would be happy to recommend Kizoa to friends, family and others.

$#*! Olson

wereye
4/10/16

We have received excellent customer service from Alesa.
She is fast in responding to emails and phone calls.
Any questions, issues, whatever......she will take care of it.
Our video was downloaded, and we are very, very happy with the results.
Downloaded video is in excellent quality, and professionally done.
Will continue to use Kizoa, for any of our video needs.
By the customer service alone with Alesa, it is worth paying for the membership.

gaild20
4/5/16

I am a Media Specialist for a 5-8 school. With my 5th graders I do a research project on American landmarks. I use Kizoa as the final draft where they present their research. The students love it and the projects turn out beautifully. I love the ease with which it can be used. I want to thank you for the ability to use this program for free. It is awesome!

samuels44
4/2/16

One of my hobby is photography. Although I'm still very far to be called a pro, I dream that someday I will become one , a professional photographer. Still photos are great... but doing a photo slideshows give more life to the pictures,and if the pictures were properly arranged it gives more stories I have tried many slideshows available on the net, but I'm fascinated more with Kizoa. it's versatility and user friendly plus the added features, make a Kizoa a great slideshow maker. Of course, Kizoa team still needs to continually upgrade Kizoa slideshow maker, to address the needs of its loyal customers. I am still a beginner of this KIoa slideshow maker, so I still need to familiarize my self of this great apps.

dorisv5
4/2/16

I also got your website on google and was very happy to see that is very easy to use. Lots of features and other cool things, one very helpful site. And as others after hours of making a video for the wedding of my best friend I saw that I need to pay at least 30 $ for downloading it for a present. Very disappointing.....

joycet19
3/28/16

I stumbled upon this online program and I totally love it! The best I have used so far! Good work guys.

kkks
3/27/16

Surprisingly fun, easy, and very customizable way to make slideshows. Just what I was looking for.
Was led to this site from google claiming it to be somehow free but found their rates were $30 for a lifetime download access. There should at least be a one-time presentation purchase as an option.
Still, I went on and completed the presentation because I enjoyed its flow.
The presentation is annoyingly buggy though, with some slides randomly taking more than the specified time. I hope for a free one-time dl of my Jacobs presentation please.

chrystelleo
3/25/16

I used Kizoa for the first time one year ago
& after playing around with it I created an amazing slideshow for my husbands 50th

Now 1 year later I am wanting to create one for my daughters 21st but unfortunately I encountered all sorts of problems. (I left it to the last min as I thought I would be fine re previous experience)..

I am Australia so I couldn't just ring so I emailed Kizoa (quite a number of times) &
was extremely impressed with their helpful,detailed & PROMPT replies .. I didn't have to wait days for a response..

Thankyou so very much to the amazing Kizoa support team for turning my urgent frustrating experience into a fine one again & slideshow finished on time thanks to you guys..

Completely love Kizoa & their fantastic support & support team, keep up your excellent service

Stelle

jacques131
3/25/16

had some questions regarding my membership & payment which was quickly and efficiently cleared up in a very professional and courteous manner by the rep at Kizoa who returned my call; so glad I discovered this site and can't wait to jump in!

victoriad27
3/24/16

After hours and I do mean hours of editing this video for my nieces birthday tomorrow, I try to download to my computer so that I can burn it, and it pops up with a 30.00 charge, this site is very misleading as it tells you its free, every other editing sites lets you know ahead of time if you are going to be charged!!!! so Disappointing

meganj12
3/23/16

I was not expecting anyone to respond to my message inquiry so quickly, nevermind with a remedy! I am very impressed that Zach was able to update my new email address and help me log back into Kizoa. I wish the same could be said about other websites, who take up to a week to respond, and are not personable and often pass you onto someone else.

jodyk12
3/21/16

Claims to be free, then charges $30 to download your video after you spend hours and hours making it. I don't even need to download it! I just wanted to embed it on a friend's wall! It claims to allow posting to Facebook, but it only allows you to post the link to your own wall. How useless. The funny thing is, I'm totally willing to pay for this service, it was relatively easy to make. $5 per slideshow? Sure! $30 for one slideshow? No way. It lets you post to youtube, but then if you try to embed that, it won't show your title or description, it just turns it into an ad for itself and messes with everything not matter how many times you try to edit it. Super disappointing, going to make sure to tell everyone I know not to use it. Very deceptive, and makes me distrust this business. Sorry to post this guys, but that's what happens when you get greedy. Change your business model, I promise people are willing to pay some money, but when you're charging $30 to people who only need 1 slideshow, you're asking for it. : (

UPDATE: Thank you for sending me a free copy of my video, I do appreciate it. I also want to clarify something- there was no confusion about the $30 cost. I know that is for a "lifetime" membership, but that is not what I need. I just needed to do one slideshow, and that makes it $30 for my one slideshow. If you make slideshows a lot then that makes sense, but that's not the case in my situation, and I assume lots of other peoples situations. I was just saying that I think you guys should consider a cheaper option for one-time use. My guess is a lot of people would pay $5 for a slideshow, and very few will pay $30+ for a slideshow. But thank you for responding and sending my video, that was nice of you guys.

valerief16
3/19/16

I called with a question on music and orienting pictures. The rep was friendly helpful and very quick in responding. Great website for video making. One of the most user friendly sites I have ever been on! 2 thumbs UP!

shuaibm
3/18/16

Kizao has been sufficient for what I needed, however, the ease of making web clips from larger video files has been more difficult than i would have liked and I lost important footage because clips longer than 10 minutes were not able to be stored without splitting them up.

birdinas
3/18/16

I just spent the entire night creating a slideshow for my daughter first birthday. I was so excited to put all my daughter first year of memories together to share with my family. At one point kizoa stopped working on me in the middle of putting it all together. I had to restart after about an hour of kizoa being down due to none of my work was saved because I was in the middle of everything when it all stop responding. With that being said I went on to restart my slideshow for hours to only be mislead when I tried to download and it stated I had to upgrade. Hours of work to be mislead by false advertisement in my opinion.

khaix
3/16/16

I was surprised when i was asked to pay when i wanted to download. I was under the impression it was free. I spend almost a week editing my slides and when i click download, the site asked me to pay in order to download. Such a disappointment and a waste of my time.

Overall its a very good site, but because of this i cant give it a 5 star. Please change the description to stop misleading people.

michelej5
3/15/16

I stumbled across Kizoa while searching for a system to create a slide show for my daughters graduation party. I'm not new to creating a slide show. I did one a year ago for my son's high school graduation party and it was a big hit. I wanted to try a new system because the previous one was not user friendly. What I liked about Kizoa is the many features and most of all the quick response time from customer service. Your rep Alesa has been a major help to the point of even walking me through on things that are just way over my head to understand. I'm stilling figuring out the features with Kizoa however, I feel comfortable knowing that I can count on your customer service to assist.

danw74
3/12/16

I spent the last few hours uploading photos to make a video to put on a dvd for my anniversary, only to realize I can not in fact download the movie. I feel mislead just as many others have posted here. The reason that I was under the impression that the services were free is that a google search turned up your site saying "Kizoa - Free Video Editor and Movie Maker" I do not believe the word free should exist because it is not free. Who would make a less than one minute video to download????

eval33
3/8/16

very patient and helpful
i do have one more challenge will call next week
love working with the videos
everyone loves them
i need to learn how do take pictures from my download not the chip
and to put in my music
tyty

annam147
3/7/16

when making my movie, none is able to view it. the pictures will not show up either.

delyths
3/5/16

Have never made a video before. Made a smaller event slideshow to see how it all worked and have now made a (i think) great slude show with embedded videos to promote our tennis club.

sherryb40
3/5/16

Kizoa enticed my creative side by offering a myriad of effects, transitions, templates, graphics, colors, and textures. I will be using Kizoa to create learning tools for my Middle School Art Room, as well as presentations for family and friends. The program is easy to use and I felt successful after a short amount of practice.
I can put together a video using student artwork easily the night before I need it and present the next day. I quickly realized that this powerful tool will give me an edge in capturing my student's imaginations. To produce a video that
moves, sounds great, and creates effects that colorfully and creatively deliver
my concepts is fun, effective and more than a little magic.

michaelm393
3/5/16

I am unable to log in and view the program from my iphone. I could view movies on a link but not by going directly to the website.I would hope this is resolved since I have a lifetime membership. The only other issue was sound was not able to be heard on my iphone for a collage. I was told this is a known problem. Possibly creating an app would even be better. Overall, the app itself seems to be fairly to be creative and I'm happy with it.

laceyw2
3/4/16

It helps with making videos like YouTube,and other sites.I just wish that we could download free and some more things are free instead of you having to pay.

aris37
3/3/16

I LOVE IT !!!!!!
YOU ARE GREAT TEAM,A GREAT SITE!!!!
I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!

deniseh40
3/3/16

It's been fun and have loads of compliments...

men221
3/2/16

The program needs to be more user friendly. I'm pretty tech savy, so its very frustrating that the system makes creating a slideshow so cumbersome. It should NOT take more than 30 mins max to upload pictures, organize and create collage intro sheets.
I spend over 8 hours uploading over 300 photos, organizing them chronologically and making intro slides for each event to only have the program lose all my pictures. :( Needless to say, I have not gone back online to start my project over again.

lauraq1
3/2/16

Kizoa is great, and I love the movie that I have made. Unfortunately I cannot use it :( The site is very misleading in that you are able to create your entire movie, but then are unable to download it without paying $50-$100. I have spent many hours creating a movie of all of my nephew's first videos to give him for his 2nd birthday, and now I am unable to give it to him, which is very upsetting.

joans63

DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY. I NEED TO WORK WITH IT longer

deea34

Love it

davej55
3/1/16

Kizoa is pretty simple to use with a ton of options. Ive use it free before, but needed higher res, so i bought a subscription. I wish they ha some "one use" options for less.

vinayakv

Nice site and easy tool

corinai
3/1/16

Good evening, my name is Corina Ionescu and I subscribed last year the program Kizoa that though, I tested much! Overall the program is quite rich in effects, transitions, templates, etc., but I seems a bit cumbersome to work with him! hardest I find that editing clips can not do it, but be sent to you and wait until you edit! in this regard, if I want to draw a sample, second, to final edit, every time you have to spend time, to send the variants and then wait! i would have liked to edit myself clip, so that i can make changes or additions in place, and then to see the final version ! the program also does not have stability, and a few times I was wiped out, I worked and I had to take over again! in this regard I would like greater stability and opportunity, for my check I projects, without having to send them to you.In I paid program and should have independence from him! I'm sorry that I did not know this detail from the start, do not know if buy program! With feedback from sorry, I do not have a favorable assessment of your program, thank you for your cooperation and look Improving! Best regards! Corina Ionescu!

kristenl18
2/23/16

I loved Kizoa, as I was in search of a free program to create a memorial video for my dad's funeral this weekend. It is easy to use and fun to create but I was sad that after working on my dad's video for days I wasn't able to download it or burn it into a DVD unless I became a member and pay 49.99. It would be okay if I wanted to make videos all the time but this is just for a one time purpose and the price is far to high for me to pay. I really wish the website would be more clear about their free features. I am so stressed out since I worked so hard on the slideshow and in the end, I will have to find another place to create a video for my dads funeral. I really hope Kizoa will be able to help me out. =(

jessiel30
2/23/16

Your website for online movie maker is the best for this matter but I want to have an mp4 format of my movie. It is too costly for me to pay for it and as a first time user I didn't know that it has premium membership just to download for the output. Can I request for a free mp4 copy on my account (jessiellaga0922@gmail.com). Your positive response regarding this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you!

jeremyr23
2/22/16

Of all the software I have previously purchased from European sources, this is by far the most fun to use product to date. Its learning curve is just about where it should be for either an intermediate through advanced user. I spent nearly 2 days making my first collage. I was barely able to stop using the software for even 1 hour. Kizoa is as addicting as video or online games. Thanks Kizoa for making an online graphics editor like no other.
Tech support is spot on even with the nine hour time difference from Seattle to Paris. A really big thank you to my customer service assitant - Alesa Gawlik.

rosemaryc10
2/22/16

having used Kizoa for a number of years I found from time to time the software let them down, slow to sign in, freezing on a regular basis, waiting forever for an edited photo to save ... well that's all gone !
I am really impressed with the new format, long may they continue to improve their website ... well done to the Team

jahazeba
2/21/16

I have spent a lot of time and effort to make a movie because the front page of your website clearly shows that you can create and download videos for free. But in the end it says that you are forced to buy membership if you want the movie to be downloaded on your pc . I have shared it on facebook but i want to download it for free. What is the use of creating it if i cant even download it? You should have mentioned it on homepage. I was really expecting to download the video and send it to a very special person after all the effort. I am really dissapointed.
I really need to download this video. Please do something

bobl67
2/19/16

Alesa did a nice job of helping me to navigate through the steps

nancym100
2/18/16

I called into customer service with a problem on a video that was created the night before. The video was for a funeral service and had to be at the church within a few hours. Veronica was eager to help, knowledgeable and fixed the problem within a few minutes. SHE IS A SUPERSTAR!!

rebeccaw45
2/18/16

I spent days putting together a slideshow for my boyfriend for valentines day believing that it was, as the website advertised, FREE. I am absolutely heartbroken to discover that I now need to pay money in order to download this video. I could have spent this time using another program that was actually free. I feel that this is false advertising.

Since experiencing this problem I have read reviews written by others who have similar problems and am very surprised to see that Kizoa has not changed their website to reflect it is not in fact free.

andreak52
2/17/16

I looked for a free slideshow service for my husbands' memorial funeral service. I searched for free slideshow programs and settled on Kizoa after reading the positive reviews. I spent days working on his slideshow and then realized that I cannot actually download the video or even properly upload it to youtube without paying. I am so disappointed and spent so much time on this. Their policy on what constitutes "free" is sneaky and unclear until you try to download. SO DISAPPOINTED. Don't get scammed like me.

benjaminp29
2/17/16

Spent 6 hours creating a "FREE" video for my daughter's 2nd birthday only to be bilked out of $29.95 to get a copy of the finished product. Thirty bucks isn't the end of the world, but I refuse to pay it on principle. That's just wrong. You can't support a company that isn't up front with their customers.

196 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kizoa staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
4 days ago
Answer
alesag
A: Hi! Please try disconnecting and reconnecting your Facebook account by going to the "My Images" tab in Kizoa and clicking the "My Account" button in the blue Facebook area on the lower right. "Remove" your account, then click the "Connect" button to reconnect your Facebook account. If you still have any troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us at customer support so we can check your account!
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Kizoa staff and other customers.
Kizoa?