US Government's NSF

Kijiji.ca reviews

13 Reviews for Kijiji.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

6/30/14

over the years I have used this website to sell or look up or find things. lately have used them looking for a rental and twice have been contacted through kijiji by fraud artists posing as landlords with rooms to rent. both are scams and luckily no money was sent as they ask for of course and not stupid enough to send it but some people do and disqusting how kijiji doesn't even answer my complaint that I sent them. 3 weeks ago now and no word...not good business practices? they should be accountable for whoever posts ads

4/27/14

Kijiji is possibly the worst place for a business or professional to advertise their services or products. While the average Joe selling his couch without paying a dime to Kijiji has it easy, the advertiser, the one with the real money is left in the gutter.

I spent $300 in one sitting on promoting multiple ads on Kijiji. First of all, their category systems is a complete fiasco. Who doesn't have a Computer or Web category under Services in this day and age?! Second, I asked for help from their support. They deleted my ads and told me to post a banner..

Here's where the fun starts. Their banners on paper look very nice and promising, although they are "managed" by a second company, Shiny Ads. I never had a worse experience with an advertiser before! I am now waiting for the weekend to be over (apparently they don't work weekends...) and asking for a full refund; at the rate my banner is going now it comes down to about $11/click (!!!).

In other words, stay back if you are a business. They will squeeze every penny from you and give you close to nothing in return. If you are simply a consumer, then by all means, go and sell your couch!

3/5/14

This place sucks do to advertise, they will delete your ad with out tell you what it's wrong with it but of course, they will accept right away your payment and then delete your ad!! Dont use it!

11/23/13

Kijiji unethically and in my opinion illegally censors covers up blocks and deletes post and posters that try to post anything negative in regards to there advertisers, specifically in this case Metropolitan Movers who is subcontracting all their work building huge payment tabs with small independent owner operators through out canada and then they just stop acknowledging all phone calls emails ect and don't pay. After searching other sites such as UsedEverywhere and BackPages to name a couple these ads outing Metropolitan as a criminal syndicate are everywhere.

Shame on you kijiji

10/25/13

Kijiji.ca works great if you know how to use it. They will not allow multiple ads in different target market locations of the same product or service - although this is supposed to be a global policy, many professional resellers are now flooding the pages with repeated ads for their products. Automobile sales and marketing "opportunities" - these sellers have found a way to get their ads placed in multiple categories, but joe-public is usually denied. There is also often a long delay in when you submit the ad to when it is posted, so posting time sensitive ads can be a problem as their review of posted ads is slow.

8/31/13

Some services advertised on Kijiji are not reliable, since there is no control on what is advertised and no way to get a reviews or references on these services. I used Kijiji to search for moving companies and when I found one they delivered most horrible moving services demanding twice more than we have agreed with these company before.

6/12/13

Car dealers must pay $12 per ad. They fill up car pages with advertisements so the ad ends up on page 10 in minutes.Then they want $4.00 per hour to "bump up" the ads. It's outrageous. When is someone going to make a site that isn't totally sleazy?

3/28/13

They have no site maintenance technicians. Distance filter has not worked for over 3 weeks, so ads cannot be found locally. This is bad for people looking to rent for July in their own town. Ads deleted still appear, and forum postings are impossible. Kijiji admits they are having problems but nothing is changing.

11/25/11

Easy to use and an effective free way to sell. Of course there are paid options and even these are pretty reasonable when compared to ebay or Autotrader.

10/13/10

I've bought and sold many things on Kijiji.ca. I am a private individual, not a business.
Though I do receive offers for additional services, such as to bump my ad up, post a web page, etc, I have NEVER paid a penny to Kijiji, and have never had my ads pulled (I've sold things that were up there for many, many months; I just had to renew the posting with one click, when they sent me a reminder email).

6/17/10

well i guess there are people who will complain about anything. I posted my house on kijiji for free and sold in within 4 weeks. There were no fees except for the 1.99 that i paid to bump the ad back to the top, which by the way was worth it cause that is how my buyer found it. Kijiji is a great site i have bought things there and sold things and have no complaints at all GREAT SITE loads of exposure for minimal to no cost

5/28/09

Yeah, I agree, the site sucks. jackslist is much better and there are paid ad spots but it is automated like craigslist, so your ads go up and they are found just as easily as others are. I would check it out...super nice site. Kijiji is way not interested in being a public forum, they are out to make a dime.

1/31/09

Kijiji isn't so great. - <p>I placed an ad on Kijiji.ca.  3 days later, I got an email from them wanting me to pay for a top ad $17 or a homepage ad $30.  I didn't respond.  Shortly after, they started pulling my ads, delaying posting my ads and not posting them at all on their site, but left all my information on the Google search engine to drive potential customers to their site when they clicked on my ad on Google, (so people who would pay for the ad spots got the business).  It's like bait and switch.  They say they want the public to advertise for free, but as soon as you do, they want you to pay.  If you don't pay, they pull your ads and only leave information on Google to drive business to their site.  Very disappointing.</p>

The Best Cat Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber