US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

rj50

You can post a one time question, and get an answer. (in 42 reviews)

gerryb14

But when I went to check my e-mail, I had an answer within 30 minutes. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

davidf106
4/14/15

This service puts you in touch with an expert in some field, from plumbing to law, in which you need help. I used it once with a question about an electrical problem; the guy accurately diagnosed the problem and told me what to do, it was fine. The second time, though--a plumbing question, the dishwasher wasn't draining properly--I got instructions that I couldn't follow. I ended up looking for an answer on Google, which sent me to a Youtube video, which suggested I was lucky I hadn't gotten very far--there were basic things I hadn't been told, including how to avoid electrocuting myself. When I complained, JustAnswers really didn't apologize or take the problem seriously, though they did refund their fee. I won't use them again.

amandam64
3/30/15

I purchased a french door built in refrigerator (model KBF 042FTX02) from KitchenAide six years ago. The motherboard is malfunctioning and KitchenAide has no replacement parts to remedy this, as the factory was destroyed during the tsunami in Japan.The only option they will give me is to buy a new one! This company will not back up a 6 year old product. Consider this when buying appliances.

Tip for consumers: Buy another company's product.

lp24
3/14/15

Yes they completed the task and fixed the problem. That wasn't my issue. What they did was quote me a price of $31 and charged me $50 instead. Each time a charge came up I would specifically ask is this part of the $31 or an additional charge and both times he said no it is part of the $31. Big surprise when I checked.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it unless you have a lot of money to throw around. They will probably fix the problem but it will cost you a lot more then you think. Better make sure it is worth it.

douglash18
3/12/15

I have used this service twice, once voluntary and the other not. The first time I called to get an answer to what, I thought, was a pretty common question. Quickly I found I already knew more about the question and possible solution than my "expert" did. I, after spending too long just trying to get him to focus I threw in the towel and said 'thanks but no thanks.' Of course I asked for my deposit back but 'surprisingly' never received it. I knew than that these were just a bunch of hacked together out of job has beens who could never be expected to know more about a solution than I did before I called. The second time I was tricked into calling them because their web listing made it look like they were the hired guns for a particular product. When I had to spell the name of the service I was calling about I looked at the URL closer and realized who I called. Slam went the receiver and my pain was over, mercifully. The bottom line is do not call them, ever. You would be better waiting for divine inspiration for your answer than calling these bums. It may be a good idea gone horribly bad or just a bad idea dreamed up by someone in a heroin induced mind bending sleep. Look very closely at any URL that promises you expert help and if you see their name, run, don't walk, away from the listing.

Tip for consumers: Be your own best friend and never, ever, call these idiots.

cedrics2
1/30/15

JustAnsswer is a scam. They admit to wrongfully withholding funds from my expert account. I am filing a class action against them on behalf of experts and users. Contact me at CedSev@gmail.com if you are interested in being a class rep.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site. Use elance or a reputable site that does not rip off customers and its experts.

davidv30
1/24/15

These people are crooks. Great at taking your money. I never got any answer. American Express' fraud detection shut down my credit card just for dealing with them. Spoke to an obnoxious service rep and never got my deposit back.

Tip for consumers: Avoid them like the plague.

fredf25
1/14/15

JustAnswer used to be great website to get answers to questions. However, it's become a nightmare given their misrepresentation and website design. They, by design, misrepresent and channel users/customers into becoming "subscription" customers - customers whom they charge a monthly fee to use the website.

First, although the Terms of Service agreement states a customer can ask "unlimited questions" - that is completely false. A customer is limited to asking just a few questions per month or they are charged a larger monthly subscription fee or terminated.

Second, the website is totally misleading and fraudulent. They are now in violation of state laws concerning medical and legal advice that is given over the website. They try to push "additional services" which is a violation of law in their approach. It's just a matter of time until a state's Attorney General pursues a class action against JustAnswer/eAnswer.

Tip for consumers: Don't!

sr127
12/18/14

Takes your money and gives you a lame answer, then nothing. Not happy - no money back. Don't use them.

johnd318
12/16/14

scam , scam !!! will take your money and never get back to you.
It is not easy to get your deposit back, you have to keep calling people and they shoot you around and around.

Tip for consumers: Dont fall into the trap. this is a scam

sariel
11/24/14

Just had a veterinarian assist me with a question about my dog ingesting something. Was extremely prompt, professional and helpful. Well worth the short amount of time spent on this. I also believe the negative reviews come from folks not understanding how to use the site. If you take the time to read the information, its easy. And you can read credentials or profiles before requesting an answer.

Tip for consumers: Pay attention to what your doing, you can simply click no to the subscription offers

jamesr102
11/14/14

Having read lots of bad reviews i was wary at first however i saw a couple of good reviews and decided to go for it. I wasn't disappointed i have spent all day bouncing messages back and forward for only £26 I s**t you not. It has only been on one subject matter but i have asked multiple questions and the person was very helpful, i was certainly 100% satisfied with the service i received. It would have cost me a lot more with a solicitor for the information and discussion we shared. I have tried not to make this sound like some one who works for just answers as i definitely can confirm it is bonafide as far as i'm concerned. If you don't want to register for a monthly premium then don't simply click not now when requested to register for the free trial. If you do register for the free trial and don't want to pay a monthly subscription then cancel it or you will get charged more money. Read the terms and conditions or at least the relevant bits

margaretw21
11/13/14

A total waste of money. The "expert"asked for the model number of my stove so that he could give me accurate information. I never heard from him again.

Tip for consumers: Never ever use them

rebeccak19
11/3/14

One star is far too generous for this scam of a website. For the thirty seven pounds I paid I should have sought a professional's advice. My query was of a medical nature and the alleged expert was clearly from the wrong field of medicine (regardless of the fact they gave me a choice of medical professional to choose from). I was foolish and was vulnerable and taken advantage of (also they refuse to respond to any query or compliant) so PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT IS A SCAM AND NOTHING MORE

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE IT IS A SCAM

josephh43
10/17/14

I wrote asking how to upgrade my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The answer was that it could not be done until the computer manufacturer issues a new service pack and that I should just wait until that happens (it has been 5 years since I bought the computer and the manufacturer still has not issued the service pack). For this advice I paid $47.00.

Tip for consumers: They advertise that they will return your money if you are not satisfied. Your request for a refund must be submitted within 30 days. I did write them expressing my dissatisfaction with the answer immediately after receiving it,, but I did not specifically request a refund. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the full cost until it appeared on my credit card statement, and I was travelling when the statement arrived, so I could not answer within the 30 day period;

frankl241
10/2/14

I am very good at getting info from the web, a free source. Foolishly I allowed myself to get sucked into helpowl.com and somehow justanswer.com came with it (or vice versa). One of these required a good faith deposit of $5, but that immediately became in something near or over $20. No new information was forthcoming-I was sent the exact same web info that I already had from the manufacturer, which didn't answer my need for service details. I have searched the helpowl.com web site for ways to close my unsatisfactory relationship. In my effort to be fair this identical review is being posted with justanswer.com as well.
Frank L.

rj50
10/2/14

I am one of the experts on the site. I won't say what category I work in, but I do answer a ton of questions. I will say that the vast majority of these negative reviews I have read are because people either don't know how to use the site, or some other reason. You can post a one time question, and get an answer. The site does try to sell subscriptions from what I understand, but if you read what you are clicking on, you can avoid that. They are also very good about giving refunds. Aside from that, I cannot comment on billing issues as I just answer questions in my category.

What people don't always realize, is that we're not all doctors, lawyers, mechanics and appraisers sitting in a room together. We answer questions in our off time, while at home, work, etc. Yes, there may not be anyone online at 2am to help you fix your Honda....and no one may answer for days. That happens. Sometimes, your questions are so rare, unusual, odd or specific to you that we cannot answer them (No, I cannot say with 100% accuracy that the rock in your front yard is/is not from the moon!).

Like anyone, we expect to get paid for our work. Some people are thieves. They take our answers and run, and never pay us. Some people never come back to view the answers. Its not a perfect system, but it works.

terencew11
9/22/14

NEVER use this site. NEVER give them ANY credit card information. They've been charging me $17.00 a month for the last six months and I have yet to talk to someone that can issue me a refund.

donh45
9/18/14

Don't let these folks get your money their return policy does not exist. They keep it and offer your a 25% discount on another question.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site is my tip

lawrencec21
9/4/14

A total scam of your $$$. Do NOT use this. Stay Away. Waste of time and $$$. Paid $5 to wait and wait and wait some more for a response. And I was charged $5 for waiting. My time, my expense. Live and learn.

Tip for consumers: Whatever you do, skip this

jimc51
8/11/14

I had a vexing problem with my Subaru. There was a lot of conflicting advice on the various boards on the internet, So, I submitted a list of symptoms to JA and within 30 minutes I had a response and a recommended solution to the problem. The solution worked, saving me a trip to the mechanic and I am sure at least a $75.00 diagnosis and some unnecessary repairs (like a throttle body cleaning for $100 or an injector service for $150.00 all suggested on the net). For a $20 appointment charge and a $10.00 tip I think I was well served.

mc325
7/21/14

had a problem with a truck, they helped me out. BUT now they asked, do want to leave a tip, more $. then I find out they have been billing my credit card on a monthly bases.

joshephj
6/16/14

Terrible company. Cant get ahold of anyone. CS in Philippines that are incapable of most basic help. Chronic ongoing problems with account. E-mail and charge glitches galore. What a shame. 1-2 star rating says it all!

huim
5/8/14

Even one star is generous...... it is absurd..... Paid £ 21 and got nowhere.... When I tried to log on to my account ( which you have to set up prior posting question and paying) and it denied access ...... Bottom line is ...... Please stay away from this crap service..... absolute 100% $#*!!!!!

a-ns
4/30/14

I contacted the doctor site since I was wondering if I needed to see my doc and they promised a response within 12 minutes - the doctor was IN. I gave an excellent description of symptoms, indicated I was diabetic and my age. Like someone else who reviewed them, I got a generic response but they did respond about 9 hours later with tendonitis. I went to the ER before I received their response and I had a life-threatening condition since it was cellulitis and something called SIDS due to MRSA. I was hospitalized for 10 days on 24/7 IV antibiotics. It had gotten into my bloodstream. These guys are not just crooks. They are dangerous.

stevew85
4/21/14

The #1 complaint is their "accidentally" selling everyone a subscription or blaming the customer for being unable to decipher the doublespeak that bar associations have concluded is gibberish and incongruent, contradictory and not something they recommend a lawyer being involved with as advice is clearly not given although they post ads as if it is advice!
Nothing has ever done to alter the website so to not sell everyone a subscription
and by cooperating with the BBB once that has been initiated by the customer then JustAnswer will refund up to 3 months, however typically I saw 18 months average before somebody noticed a $60 billing every month!
It is a tremendous windfall of cash for doing nothing and 99% have no idea they bought a subscription! To troubleshoot say a car or furnace, you enter a texting ping pong game but the game is at turtle speed and no live video or phones just texting via remite with a 10 minute delay if lucky between interactions, many times much longer. The established experts are sub par for the most part as they have learned to make fake accounts and use a debit card and ask a high value question to bait a new expert who is a bit too smart for their tastes as he is "stealing" their money they say and think! JustAnswer.com says to new experts, if unaccepted questions are listed and you have something meaningful to add that will help the customer and get the acceptance please feel free!
However when you do and if you are smart, the smarter you are the worse off you are as they will conspire to ,ake accounts and act obtuse and rate you badly which ruins the percentage rating and they pad their own via the same method however they get a subscription which is allegedly unlimited, however this makes no sense fiscally as the numbers do not make sense, anyways they ask themselves how old a furnace is 400 times a year with several fake accounts on subscription at $60 a month! So they amass 19,000 satisfied customers with a high 90% rating which on a website that s policy is if you are not happy you do not pay the expert, easily 30% never plan on paying any body ever!
Only thing is JustAnswer,com, aka Pearl.com already has it, they just do not give 1/2 to us experts! Same thing with the subscriptions sold, none of that windfall money coming in like clockwork for doing zero is split no reported as no experts get any 1099's etc, and the images of the top 4 experts are fake stock photo pics or a name with no last name! or a dogs face!

davidj75
3/16/14

I subscribed after the first positive experience. Been a member now 3 months. Used them 3 times. Twice I am satisfied I got good legal advice. Once they were not able to help me on an international corporate structuring question. Only complaint I have is that they did not come back and say sorry cant help you. They just kept saying "looking for an answer". So I give it 4 stars not 5.

alexu5
3/2/14

This site is a pure scam.
I was supposed to pay a bill just once, however they are taking money monthly out of my credit card.
How can I report them to the autorities?

kimc45
2/18/14

we used this company 1 time and got not a great answer to a question, we provided credit card information and were to have a 1 time bill. The bill has reoccurred monthly for 1 year even though we have never visited the site again. Do not provide them your information. They do not do 1 time charges!!!

claudinec1
2/14/14

wow I don't understand all these horrible reviews ?Ive had s everal experiences on that site, always with cat vets, and have always been extremely satisfied (though some vets are better than others, I chose mine carefully beforehand based on previous answers to other posters and avoid anyone who gave "generic" type answers or simply sent links to informational websites).I took a subscription for 2 months and there was absolutely no problem when I contacted customer service to cancel.As a matter of fact I had several contacts with their customer service reps via email(because my husband and I had both signed on to ask the same question so ended up with 2 accts and 2 subscriptions...Customer service fixed it all immediately and we were not double charged.I have always found them helpful and pleasant?I really don't understand all these negative reviews and problems people have had,i guess they were just unlucky or maybe other services are not as good as the VET question section ?I have kept in contact with two of the expert vets and still ask them for help for "off hour "problems or while waiting to get to see my vet.My own family vet has always confirmed the treatment options suggested by the just answer vets so to me that gives them a certain credibility.

eddiel29
2/7/14

Posted a question and paid the required £33 up front payment. No answer other than an auto reply saying my problem would be looked into by Mr X the expert appointed to my case AND if i didnt Ike the expert i could choose another one.
No response for weeks. Wrote back using their auto response email and got another expert appointed and another demand for £40!! It says clearly you only pay IF you are satisfied, which i was not! Demands for a refund go unanswered. THIS is a SCAM be warned.

bryanh49
2/1/14

I have only used justanswer once. I had a problem with my dishwasher. It was not heating the water. I had replaced the heating element which was a huge pain and it did not change the behavior. I came across justanswer and thought it was a scam but tried it anyway. The next step was a plumber and $$$.

I described the model, the problem and what I had done to try and fix it. I was fully expecting a answer telling me to replace the heating element again. Instead, I was told that on this model there was a common problem with a burned power relay on the control board.

I took out the control board and there was a big black spot under one relay. I tested the relay, put it back in and repaired the connection on the PCB. I put the control board back and now it works!

The answer was spot on and I did not have to hire a plumber. I gave the tech a stellar review and gladly paid the $38 which I thought was really high at the time but the plumber would have been 10x that + $200 for the new part.

I would use the service again but I do not see any reason to subscribe.

sylviem2
1/31/14

Absolutely horrible. A complete rip-off. I asked for a refund and will probably never see a dime of it back. Instead of giving me an actual answer, they sent me a link to a very, very generic response online - it was pathetic. Don't use this service

johnd237
1/30/14

I just tried using them, paying $5 for initial review of the issue, and they promptly took $48 out of my account. I had no contact with them to justify this.
These guys are plain and simple CROOKS. It seems amazing they have not been successfully prosecuted. They do have a very smooth website, which looks as though it is linked to some of the leading computer hardware companies.
BEWARE! John Downing, Brooklyn

peterd51
1/21/14

Overpriced, but I DID get an answer. Just be VERY careful not to buy a subscription by accident by clicking "free trial."

clairec14
1/21/14

I agree with all the negative comments I've just read...wish I'd read them before using the site.
This is the second time I've been duped...the first 2 years ago that I had forgotten about when I was inadvertantly subscribed to a monthly charge for nothing.
This time from reading all the info on the site I thought there would be no charge until I was satisfied.....I didn't even get an answer to my question and the charge was taken from my bank account.
Just answer also told me my email address was being used by someone else ??? how does that work???
My advice...stay away.....can't imagine where the couple of positive reviews have come from!!!

rahnaf
1/8/14

Asked my question, paid what I think is $5 which would be $28 if I'm satisfied. I have sat here waiting for an answer for 15 minutes, NOTHING. I don't think I'm going to get one. And I wonder if I will be charged the full $28 for NOTHING! Thank goodness I used Pay Pal.

davidh145
1/8/14

Another reviewer who does not want to give this Company even 1 star
I signed up, like many others, for one answer (which was what we already thought we knew but we paid anyway) and without knowledge had apparently entered into a monthly contract for the following 2 years.
We did not use the site and on calling via my credit card Company was immediately refunded the latest year, but could not credit the first year as their system did not go back far enough.
I wrote to the Company who have completely refused to repay the additional £1,036 they have taken saying they only give credit 30 days and as this is older and they won't pay.
They have already agreed we never used the service so this is theft in my opinion.
Having seen all the other similarly placed individuals on the Internet I am disgusted they have been allowed to get away with this!!!.
We will take legal action to recover our additional year of payments. We have given them notice of our action and they are standing their ground that we are not entitled.
Let the Law decide

pattye1
1/7/14

I wanted to find out if my cat who has been stressed out could take a xanax while on prednisone for too much calcium. She was going to the vet a week later, but I wanted a quick answer. The online vet gave a good answer, but it was the same one I had come up with on my own. A week later, I had 4 debits from my bank account. They totalled $39.00. I thought if I joined for 1 month it would be $18 for my questions. No. They billed my 21 for my questions (including tip), saying that was before I joined and 18 for the following month's bill. I just called to cancel, but they will not reimburse me the $21 for the only online question I asked. I would not use this site again. Next time, I'll just call my vet, or do what I think is best.
Patty

michaelf71
1/5/14

I have used it twice to get the provenance of sterling silverware. In both cases, I got an immediate and satisfying answer.

robertg64
12/25/13

I have had a monthly subscription with this site for some 2-3 years. I am an enthusiastic supporter and recommend it to friends and acquaintances whenever I get the chance. Over time, I have gotten answers from car mechanics, dentists, lawyers, travel agents and of course, computer tech support, that not only saved me hundreds of dollars but have enriched my life as well. I do admit that on occasion ( that are very rare) instead of an expert, I get a lemon. However that pretty much goes for the rest of life.

jang19
12/14/13

Just how much of a scam this is you'll discover
if you try to terminate the payments that by the
way wasn't obvious were going to be monthly.
It impossible to stop the crooks taking your money
without having to cancel you credit card.

grahamg18
12/10/13

I have hundred of pages of their admin giving BS. I have many email addresses and emails of their professionals that wanted to use me on the side. Just a disgusting company with a CEO Andy that is called out for giving back to society. What a laugh...

beh7
12/10/13

Absolutely dreadful site....signed up, asked same question three times - got as far as giving my bank details, clicking to process - only to receive a message 'apologising' for technical error. Contacted customer service first two times re: situation & assured no charges were made, however will not know for certain until account is checked w/in 24 hrs. Does NOT deliver as advertised....avoid at all costs!!!

beatrizd
12/10/13

This is shoked for me 2 times they took a money the amount 42€ 2 times. I ask last october the 1 € the last ,why they do this ? I would like to refund my money to gave or to donate to the my country philippines . Please help me to refund it , For the help my country Philippines Please!!

anitab8
12/10/13

I wouldn't even put one star to be honest. When we tried it once there was nothing said that its a subscription , we did one off payment on a credit card about 3 years ago ( well we thought that it is one off payment ) and since then money was been regularly taken out every month and they were not shy to take out payment twice in one month!!!!! When we rung them to ask for refund they just politely told you where you can go!!! so much of their 30 day money back guarantee!!!! Beware and avoid!!!

brendend
11/26/13

It depends on who you get. I got a vw mechanic who didn't give my any exact answers. Then the time was out before he could actually reply with a good answer.

kristenl4
11/12/13

Terrible site! I gave it 1 star because I couldn't rate it any lower. Very sketchy website. It is also very expensive! I signed up for unlimited plan and all of a sudden they said my account was canceled by a moderator and the guy on the phone could not answer my question and avoided it. I asked 2 questions and they were locked and they couldn't tell me why! STAY AWAY! This site is dangerous!

scottm75
11/11/13

I asked a question concerning automotive electrical problems. By the time the "expert" gave me an answer, I had already figured out the problem and fixed it.
The answer from the "expert" was not accurate either.
They also automatically signed me up for a subscription for $24 per month. When I called about that, they said I must have clicked the button. That is absolutely wrong.
They did cancel the subscription, but to request a refund, you have to sign up as a member...which I'm not, and will not be.
My advice is to stay away from these folks...they are scammers.

emmag15
11/3/13

asked a question and was not given a satisfactory answer, did not opt to subscribe but on checking bank statements have been charged a monthly subscription. noticing this after 2 payments had gone out, i then revisited the site and followed the procedure to make sure i was not a subscriber, have had another 4 monthly payments taken out to a total of £342 . have sent emails and made phone calls but to no avail.

rayr16
10/26/13

justanswer.com kept our credit card number and refused to delete it from their system even after we cancelled our subscription.

BTW, we never got our free "Money Back Guarantee" refund-- that's a scam. Don't even try to speak with someone else besides the Asian call center worker who is reading from a very long legalese script of why you will never see your money again, and how they plan to keep your credit card number as well.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JustAnswer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: @Raymond A.,

You are aware that this is NOT "JustAnswer.com", right??? This is SiteJabber, a website discovery and review website.

Hopefully someone will try to give a basic answer to your question, as if answered it would be from another user of SiteJabber!

A basic answer: "you gave someone a diamond ring with instructions as to its disposale"
7/23/13
raymonda9
A: If you gave someone a diamond ring in error with instructions as to its disposale and you discovered your error and called them advising them that another person was also on the line as I am handicapped and to witness the call and they agreed to return it knowing that two parties were on the line, then refused to return it saying that they had sold it as they needed money when in fact they had not but refuse to return the item, what recourse do i have to recover the item?
7/23/13
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JustAnswer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
JustAnswer?
Click here to post a review