US Government's NSF

66 Reviews for JustAnswer

▼ Sort by: recent

donh45
9/18/14

Don't let these folks get your money their return policy does not exist. They keep it and offer your a 25% discount on another question.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site is my tip

lawrencec21
9/4/14

A total scam of your $$$. Do NOT use this. Stay Away. Waste of time and $$$. Paid $5 to wait and wait and wait some more for a response. And I was charged $5 for waiting. My time, my expense. Live and learn.

Tip for consumers: Whatever you do, skip this

jimc51
8/11/14

I had a vexing problem with my Subaru. There was a lot of conflicting advice on the various boards on the internet, So, I submitted a list of symptoms to JA and within 30 minutes I had a response and a recommended solution to the problem. The solution worked, saving me a trip to the mechanic and I am sure at least a $75.00 diagnosis and some unnecessary repairs (like a throttle body cleaning for $100 or an injector service for $150.00 all suggested on the net). For a $20 appointment charge and a $10.00 tip I think I was well served.

mc325
7/21/14

had a problem with a truck, they helped me out. BUT now they asked, do want to leave a tip, more $. then I find out they have been billing my credit card on a monthly bases.

joshephj
6/16/14

Terrible company. Cant get ahold of anyone. CS in Philippines that are incapable of most basic help. Chronic ongoing problems with account. E-mail and charge glitches galore. What a shame. 1-2 star rating says it all!

huim
5/8/14

Even one star is generous...... it is absurd..... Paid £ 21 and got nowhere.... When I tried to log on to my account ( which you have to set up prior posting question and paying) and it denied access ...... Bottom line is ...... Please stay away from this crap service..... absolute 100% $#*!!!!!

a-ns
4/30/14

I contacted the doctor site since I was wondering if I needed to see my doc and they promised a response within 12 minutes - the doctor was IN. I gave an excellent description of symptoms, indicated I was diabetic and my age. Like someone else who reviewed them, I got a generic response but they did respond about 9 hours later with tendonitis. I went to the ER before I received their response and I had a life-threatening condition since it was cellulitis and something called SIDS due to MRSA. I was hospitalized for 10 days on 24/7 IV antibiotics. It had gotten into my bloodstream. These guys are not just crooks. They are dangerous.

stevew85
4/21/14

The #1 complaint is their "accidentally" selling everyone a subscription or blaming the customer for being unable to decipher the doublespeak that bar associations have concluded is gibberish and incongruent, contradictory and not something they recommend a lawyer being involved with as advice is clearly not given although they post ads as if it is advice!
Nothing has ever done to alter the website so to not sell everyone a subscription
and by cooperating with the BBB once that has been initiated by the customer then JustAnswer will refund up to 3 months, however typically I saw 18 months average before somebody noticed a $60 billing every month!
It is a tremendous windfall of cash for doing nothing and 99% have no idea they bought a subscription! To troubleshoot say a car or furnace, you enter a texting ping pong game but the game is at turtle speed and no live video or phones just texting via remite with a 10 minute delay if lucky between interactions, many times much longer. The established experts are sub par for the most part as they have learned to make fake accounts and use a debit card and ask a high value question to bait a new expert who is a bit too smart for their tastes as he is "stealing" their money they say and think! JustAnswer.com says to new experts, if unaccepted questions are listed and you have something meaningful to add that will help the customer and get the acceptance please feel free!
However when you do and if you are smart, the smarter you are the worse off you are as they will conspire to ,ake accounts and act obtuse and rate you badly which ruins the percentage rating and they pad their own via the same method however they get a subscription which is allegedly unlimited, however this makes no sense fiscally as the numbers do not make sense, anyways they ask themselves how old a furnace is 400 times a year with several fake accounts on subscription at $60 a month! So they amass 19,000 satisfied customers with a high 90% rating which on a website that s policy is if you are not happy you do not pay the expert, easily 30% never plan on paying any body ever!
Only thing is JustAnswer,com, aka Pearl.com already has it, they just do not give 1/2 to us experts! Same thing with the subscriptions sold, none of that windfall money coming in like clockwork for doing zero is split no reported as no experts get any 1099's etc, and the images of the top 4 experts are fake stock photo pics or a name with no last name! or a dogs face!

davidj75
3/16/14

I subscribed after the first positive experience. Been a member now 3 months. Used them 3 times. Twice I am satisfied I got good legal advice. Once they were not able to help me on an international corporate structuring question. Only complaint I have is that they did not come back and say sorry cant help you. They just kept saying "looking for an answer". So I give it 4 stars not 5.

alexu5
3/2/14

This site is a pure scam.
I was supposed to pay a bill just once, however they are taking money monthly out of my credit card.
How can I report them to the autorities?

kimc45
2/18/14

we used this company 1 time and got not a great answer to a question, we provided credit card information and were to have a 1 time bill. The bill has reoccurred monthly for 1 year even though we have never visited the site again. Do not provide them your information. They do not do 1 time charges!!!

eddiel29
2/7/14

Posted a question and paid the required £33 up front payment. No answer other than an auto reply saying my problem would be looked into by Mr X the expert appointed to my case AND if i didnt Ike the expert i could choose another one.
No response for weeks. Wrote back using their auto response email and got another expert appointed and another demand for £40!! It says clearly you only pay IF you are satisfied, which i was not! Demands for a refund go unanswered. THIS is a SCAM be warned.

bryanh49
2/1/14

I have only used justanswer once. I had a problem with my dishwasher. It was not heating the water. I had replaced the heating element which was a huge pain and it did not change the behavior. I came across justanswer and thought it was a scam but tried it anyway. The next step was a plumber and $$$.

I described the model, the problem and what I had done to try and fix it. I was fully expecting a answer telling me to replace the heating element again. Instead, I was told that on this model there was a common problem with a burned power relay on the control board.

I took out the control board and there was a big black spot under one relay. I tested the relay, put it back in and repaired the connection on the PCB. I put the control board back and now it works!

The answer was spot on and I did not have to hire a plumber. I gave the tech a stellar review and gladly paid the $38 which I thought was really high at the time but the plumber would have been 10x that + $200 for the new part.

I would use the service again but I do not see any reason to subscribe.

sylviem2
1/31/14

Absolutely horrible. A complete rip-off. I asked for a refund and will probably never see a dime of it back. Instead of giving me an actual answer, they sent me a link to a very, very generic response online - it was pathetic. Don't use this service

johnd237
1/30/14

I just tried using them, paying $5 for initial review of the issue, and they promptly took $48 out of my account. I had no contact with them to justify this.
These guys are plain and simple CROOKS. It seems amazing they have not been successfully prosecuted. They do have a very smooth website, which looks as though it is linked to some of the leading computer hardware companies.
BEWARE! John Downing, Brooklyn

peterd51
1/21/14

Overpriced, but I DID get an answer. Just be VERY careful not to buy a subscription by accident by clicking "free trial."

clairec14
1/21/14

I agree with all the negative comments I've just read...wish I'd read them before using the site.
This is the second time I've been duped...the first 2 years ago that I had forgotten about when I was inadvertantly subscribed to a monthly charge for nothing.
This time from reading all the info on the site I thought there would be no charge until I was satisfied.....I didn't even get an answer to my question and the charge was taken from my bank account.
Just answer also told me my email address was being used by someone else ??? how does that work???
My advice...stay away.....can't imagine where the couple of positive reviews have come from!!!

rahnaf
1/8/14

Asked my question, paid what I think is $5 which would be $28 if I'm satisfied. I have sat here waiting for an answer for 15 minutes, NOTHING. I don't think I'm going to get one. And I wonder if I will be charged the full $28 for NOTHING! Thank goodness I used Pay Pal.

davidh145
1/8/14

Another reviewer who does not want to give this Company even 1 star
I signed up, like many others, for one answer (which was what we already thought we knew but we paid anyway) and without knowledge had apparently entered into a monthly contract for the following 2 years.
We did not use the site and on calling via my credit card Company was immediately refunded the latest year, but could not credit the first year as their system did not go back far enough.
I wrote to the Company who have completely refused to repay the additional £1,036 they have taken saying they only give credit 30 days and as this is older and they won't pay.
They have already agreed we never used the service so this is theft in my opinion.
Having seen all the other similarly placed individuals on the Internet I am disgusted they have been allowed to get away with this!!!.
We will take legal action to recover our additional year of payments. We have given them notice of our action and they are standing their ground that we are not entitled.
Let the Law decide

pattye1
1/7/14

I wanted to find out if my cat who has been stressed out could take a xanax while on prednisone for too much calcium. She was going to the vet a week later, but I wanted a quick answer. The online vet gave a good answer, but it was the same one I had come up with on my own. A week later, I had 4 debits from my bank account. They totalled $39.00. I thought if I joined for 1 month it would be $18 for my questions. No. They billed my 21 for my questions (including tip), saying that was before I joined and 18 for the following month's bill. I just called to cancel, but they will not reimburse me the $21 for the only online question I asked. I would not use this site again. Next time, I'll just call my vet, or do what I think is best.
Patty

michaelf71
1/5/14

I have used it twice to get the provenance of sterling silverware. In both cases, I got an immediate and satisfying answer.

robertg64
12/25/13

I have had a monthly subscription with this site for some 2-3 years. I am an enthusiastic supporter and recommend it to friends and acquaintances whenever I get the chance. Over time, I have gotten answers from car mechanics, dentists, lawyers, travel agents and of course, computer tech support, that not only saved me hundreds of dollars but have enriched my life as well. I do admit that on occasion ( that are very rare) instead of an expert, I get a lemon. However that pretty much goes for the rest of life.

jang19
12/14/13

Just how much of a scam this is you'll discover
if you try to terminate the payments that by the
way wasn't obvious were going to be monthly.
It impossible to stop the crooks taking your money
without having to cancel you credit card.

grahamg18
12/10/13

I have hundred of pages of their admin giving BS. I have many email addresses and emails of their professionals that wanted to use me on the side. Just a disgusting company with a CEO Andy that is called out for giving back to society. What a laugh...

beh7
12/10/13

Absolutely dreadful site....signed up, asked same question three times - got as far as giving my bank details, clicking to process - only to receive a message 'apologising' for technical error. Contacted customer service first two times re: situation & assured no charges were made, however will not know for certain until account is checked w/in 24 hrs. Does NOT deliver as advertised....avoid at all costs!!!

beatrizd
12/10/13

This is shoked for me 2 times they took a money the amount 42€ 2 times. I ask last october the 1 € the last ,why they do this ? I would like to refund my money to gave or to donate to the my country philippines . Please help me to refund it , For the help my country Philippines Please!!

anitab8
12/10/13

I wouldn't even put one star to be honest. When we tried it once there was nothing said that its a subscription , we did one off payment on a credit card about 3 years ago ( well we thought that it is one off payment ) and since then money was been regularly taken out every month and they were not shy to take out payment twice in one month!!!!! When we rung them to ask for refund they just politely told you where you can go!!! so much of their 30 day money back guarantee!!!! Beware and avoid!!!

brendend
11/26/13

It depends on who you get. I got a vw mechanic who didn't give my any exact answers. Then the time was out before he could actually reply with a good answer.

kristenl4
11/12/13

Terrible site! I gave it 1 star because I couldn't rate it any lower. Very sketchy website. It is also very expensive! I signed up for unlimited plan and all of a sudden they said my account was canceled by a moderator and the guy on the phone could not answer my question and avoided it. I asked 2 questions and they were locked and they couldn't tell me why! STAY AWAY! This site is dangerous!

scottm75
11/11/13

I asked a question concerning automotive electrical problems. By the time the "expert" gave me an answer, I had already figured out the problem and fixed it.
The answer from the "expert" was not accurate either.
They also automatically signed me up for a subscription for $24 per month. When I called about that, they said I must have clicked the button. That is absolutely wrong.
They did cancel the subscription, but to request a refund, you have to sign up as a member...which I'm not, and will not be.
My advice is to stay away from these folks...they are scammers.

emmag15
11/3/13

asked a question and was not given a satisfactory answer, did not opt to subscribe but on checking bank statements have been charged a monthly subscription. noticing this after 2 payments had gone out, i then revisited the site and followed the procedure to make sure i was not a subscriber, have had another 4 monthly payments taken out to a total of £342 . have sent emails and made phone calls but to no avail.

rayr16
10/26/13

justanswer.com kept our credit card number and refused to delete it from their system even after we cancelled our subscription.

BTW, we never got our free "Money Back Guarantee" refund-- that's a scam. Don't even try to speak with someone else besides the Asian call center worker who is reading from a very long legalese script of why you will never see your money again, and how they plan to keep your credit card number as well.

denisem12
10/24/13

Charged $20.00 for research on an antique and never did get a satisfied answer . I worked with at least 4 so called experts and it took days to hear back from them. I only received a response after I emailed. I never did get an answer but you better believe they took my money
DON 'T USE them

franks50
10/23/13

I used the site also. The advice was okay.I am in UK
However I too (allegedly) signed up for a subscription even though I remember specifically ticking the box that said I didn’t want one. It seems that the site defaults to a subscription and many users don’t check their statements, particularly PayPal ones to see what has gone out. It took ages to get the money back.
In all honesty, as they are offering unlimited questions for a monthly fee and the expert allegedly gets paid for answering those, it must be relying on slippage, people who ask one question and unwittingly sign up for a subscription otherwise the business would be running at a massive loss instead turning over millions of dollars.
I have looked all over the Internet for advice and the only other site here in the UK is this one www.expertanswers.co.uk which only gives you legal advice. To be honest, I asked a couple of questions in the advice was spot-on. On one of the questions they had no suitable expert and they emailed me and refunded me without me even asking.
Both sites offer 100% satisfaction guarantee but the only one that delivers is Expert Answers.
I fail to see how Just Answer can give 100% satisfaction if they don’t give refunds, when asked, four weeks!
In my opinion, Expert Answers is light years ahead.

ellies15
9/27/13

The site is not scam, however in my opinion, the experts, the professional one, violate professional ethics. The site in turn violates confidentiality making the answers available to anyone who did not pay for it. Medical experts should not be allowed to answer online questions since no one can be diagnosed over internet and without taking responsibility for that. I submitted my suggestions to the site, but no changes were made. Someone has to question the legality of licensed professionals answering questions on this site.

georger27
9/25/13

Asked the "experts", they asked some more details. Responded quickly, no response back. Asked again - turns out they somehow missed my response. Totally useless, will dispute the $36 fee with credit card / PayPal. They prey on people who are in trouble and set them in an even worse situation by scamming $36. If you are dissatisfied: FILE A DISPUTE. That site is a 100% scam, don't waste your time wit it.

peterb60
9/25/13

A total and absolute scam. Money up front (best use Paypal as you can cancel it). Could not help me with a computer problem for $38. I didn't press the helpful button which would have meant the chap got paid. Strangely, I was directed to the site by Microsoft Support. My own computer with Vipre antivirus blocks the site as being of potentially harmful content, but my wife's computer which had the problem has AVG antivirus. I get emails almost every other day saying "Hey, I answered your question where's my money" sort of language. NEVER give them your credit card details.

dawnf7
9/8/13

I have used this site numerous times, not because they are good, but really because I keep HOPING they will get better. When I had a question re: the law here in Arizona the stupid attorney was giving me information that did not even apply to Arizona and when I brought it to his attention he said I will have to look into Arizona law! Well I put in my question that I lived in Arizona! ONLY ONE TIME was I satisfied with the answer You can pay for Urgent but it still is not very fast. Today was an all time low and the last time I will ever use this site. I put forth a question last night regarding my sick bird that is not being vocal. I gave all the information and OVER 20 hours later I get a response from a Moderator that said, "We are still checking into this, have you found a solution yet" I was floored!! I told them to forget it and how dissatisfied I was and no response only a deletion of my question! I really do not think this site has true Vets, Lawyers or anything, it's all a scam!!

bs33
9/8/13

supposed to be experts, no credentials I could find until they get a credit card number and better yet you can't get off the sight without shutting down your explorer and or google through the task manger total bs locks you up and won't let you do anything. its a total and utter scam don't waste your time or money.

sp617
8/27/13

I proposed the" ANSWER TO MY QUESTION"; "upon submission" regarding "how to get soap out of my little puppy's right eye. (Note:The only time it has ever happened!). I made it very clear that if I was not given a faster and better answer than what I had mentioned; then I would just take the pup to the vet in a few short hours - I further explained that I did not plan to pay for "THE EXACT ANSWER, which I had submitted; as I already knew of ''that particular answer'! Their response was exactly what I told them I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE CHARGED; if they couldn't give me a BETTER AND FASTER RESPONSE !!! The answer was not acceptable! It was EXACTLY WHAT I EXPLAINED I WOULD NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING I CONSIDER "an unfair charge!" I specifically informed them that I would not be pleased nor would I pay for without a charge. I WILL NOT; AND NEVER REFER THIS WEBSITE TO OTHER PERSONS, In times of emergency! They DO NOT Practice with the hope of returning customers! They do not care about their reputation and repeat business. It is a shame that we (the customer) must pay the price - and a "business keeps making money; without giving real help for those of us who need it quickly in a form of emergency situation". It is a sad, sad world. A VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER :( VERY SADDENED BY THIS PRACTICE.

toms91
8/27/13

I am very annoyed that Just Answer had debited my account 3 times, and had not responded to my question. Their web-site is designed to make it difficult to communicate without committing money and it has misrepresented the 2 times I re-accessed to obtain their response to my original question, as new questions, even though I was referring to my original question. This, incidentally remained unanswered up to the time that I decided to give-up on my £22 original payment. Imagine my annoyance when my bank statement confirms that the unanswered question has cost me 3 x £22.00 - £66.00.
I shall be doing something about this.

vickir5
8/25/13

I called this service several days ago with a serious question about FIP in cats. I got a Dr. Will who states he is a horse expert as coauthor of some type of journal. Once the site got my info I was put in the 'waiting room' and informed that I would receive an email or text message when my question was answered. I waited and waited and then, to pass the time I look up reviews for Just Answer on the web. As soon as I saw the reviews I called my credit card company and had my account changed.
I went back to the site and saw that I was still in the waiting room an hour later and now my question was being reviewed by several experts. I closed the site and thanked God for seeing the negative reviews before I got ripped off.

tinaw17
8/13/13

DO NOT use this site it's a con PLUS they will steal from you once they have your card/bank details.

I watched as their mod changed her name – logged off as mod, logged on as ‘expert’ – she forgot to alter her status from ‘mod’ to ‘expert’ silly cow, plus the timing was pretty obvious anyway.

Plus the ‘expert’ made the same spelling mistakes she did.

Plus I was asking a question about my car engine and she’d no more idea than me how to fix it.

I waited four days, didn’t get one (real) expert reply, still couldn’t fix my car so asked for my money back – a long drawn out process involving a phone call, a long wait and a large bill.

They refunded my money, cancelled my account, waited a couple of months, then started drawing money from my card again.

I’ve asked for my money back, they’re ignoring me. If they don’t pay me back within 24 hours I’m reporting them to the police – UK, US, wherever.

Don’t let them get away with it people xx You report them too.

And if you haven’t used them yet, if you’re considering using them, for pity’s sake DON’T.

DO NOT GIVE THIS SITE YOUR CARD DETAILS THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU.

biffc

REAL HUMAN EXPERTS DO NOT LAST, OR ARE ROTATED EVERY 3 MONTHS

bobr23
Apprentice Reviewer
4/30/13

Seems like a bunch of people miss the boat cause they either don't read the info or just panic when things don't go their own way. I never had a problem and got plenty of very good answers. The bad or not so good answers that I knew were a bunch of bull I got my money back, no problem, just call them and talk to a live person. Don't keep sending worthless emails to a robot.

READ the TERMS:
For Pay-Per-Question Customers, if you do not provide a star rating of 3, 4 or 5, and are not satisfied with your experience on JustAnswer for any reason, then as your sole remedy and within thirty (30) days of when you paid to ask your question on JustAnswer, you may request a refund by calling Customer Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 888-587-8220. Please check your My Questions page before requesting a refund to make sure you have viewed the most up-to-date responses to your question. If you have provided a star rating of 3, 4 or 5 or more than thirty (30) days have elapsed since your payment, you will not be entitled to a refund.

For Subscription Customers, you may cancel your subscription at any time and request a refund of that period’s fee minus any monies already paid to Professionals by contacting Customer Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-587-8220.

To cancel a subscription, you may contact Customer Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-587-8220, or log into your JustAnswer account

floridal
4/29/13

The site employs fraudsters posing as lawyers, using photo images of lawyers.
Three of the site's biggest lawyers: ELI , FIVESTAR LAW , INFO LAWYER are merely internet photo images used to conceal the real identity of the supposing lawyer.
Perhaps they are lawyers, but then what do they have to hide ?
Something is a miss.
Here IS Eli lawyer : or GENEROUS MATURE LAWYER

FIVESTAR LAW

INFOLAWYER :

The point remains these imposters and pearl.com have taken millions of your dollars and you for a ride.
If you have lost your divorce, house, business, because of incompetent trickery.

mea46
3/29/13

Are you kidding me ? of course it is a SCAM, why would a Lawyer, Neuroligst or even a plumber be answering your questions at 2am ? the last time I hired a plumber to install a water heather, he charged me $375 for 30 minutes worth of work.
Anyway, let me tell you about my experience. I had an unlimited access with Justanswer.com, and everytime I've asked a question, the answers were prompt but just something didn't seem right. So one day, I asked the same question differently to two different LAWYERS (yeah my a$$), and to my surpise, both LAWYERS' answers were verbatim, word for word, and the moment I asked what's going on, both LIERS I mean LAWYERS went offline.
I called their customer service, and May said that I was at fault because I've asked the same question, DAH !!!
These experts, lawyers, doctors or whatever losers they are, are probably somewhere in India, Thaiwan or some lala land googling, copying and pasting...WELCOME to the Internet World Wide Web aka Wacadoodledoo whorebags Wailord

oscarr10
10/15/12

I have to say that I am shocked! What happed here is the biggest breach of confidentiality I ever heard of! Imagine this; serial killer is contacting justanswers.com. He is talking with lawyer. He is admitting all crimes and seeking help…and what lawyer from justanswers is doing? He is posting entire CONFIDENTIAL conversation on line and linking this to his name! For God sake! Are you people crazy??? I am not serial killer but my confidential conversation with lawyer was posted on justanswers.com website for MONTHS. Anybody who typed my name in Google was able to see entire conversation!!!
When I made this discovery I used my camera and recorded this from different computers and browsers …
I am preparing lawsuit!

sorahh
3/11/12

I have perused the site several times. I was horrified to see many, many, many responses by one so-called EXPERT --- Kate McCOY --- who constantly intervenes in this particular customer's therapy sessions. I understand that it is the customer who keeps asking Kate about her sessions but then Kate constantly answers instead of being professional and telling the customer --- look by you keeping on asking me questions you are splitting things and you will NEVER work things out in your therapy. She should have told the customer that she should be bringing ALL these matters up with her therapist. If she feels that her therapist can't handle things then she should refer the customer to a new therapist, not constantly meddle in the customer's therapy. Of course, Just Answer doesn't flag this as unethical and non-professional because, of course, when the customer pays Kate McCoy, then Just Answer gets half the fee. If I knew the state that Kate McCoy practices in I would report her to her State Board for unethical conduct. Be that as it may, Just Answer should not accept Ms. McCoy's non-professional behavior and should ban her from the site.

elisabeths
11/15/11

First you need to give your credit card, thinking that you will get legal advice. After they have it, then they state that you are not getting legal advice. I was unhappy with the worthless answer I received, but I am unable to ensure my credit card will not be charged anyway. This is a big scam!!

Best Question and Answer Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber