US Government's NSF

38 Keyes Avenue, Suite 150
San Francisco, CA 94129
Tel: 1-888-862-9212
support@justanswer.com

People interested in JustAnswer are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

rj50

You can post a one time question, and get an answer. (in 54 reviews)

gerryb14

But when I went to check my e-mail, I had an answer within 30 minutes. (in 4 reviews)

peterd51

Just be VERY careful not to buy a subscription by accident by clicking "free trial." (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marku136
8/24/15

Who gets away with full charging during a "Free" 7 day trail? Justanswer.com that's who. Don't be a fool like me. Stay away!

deniser22
8/23/15

I submitted a question and got an answer a few hours later, and answer in a nutshell she'll was same thing my vet said and only cost 22.00, Dr kara even went a little farther with explanation

fuck--j
8/17/15

How does just answer's board of directors stay out of prison?

Ask $#*!-- about JustAnswer
dennish44
8/14/15

Not one single word of helpful information from not one but two "expert" mechanics. In fact, they were clueless and couldn't even read my question properly.

michaelo46
8/13/15

Deceptive wording in their promotion. I'm now being charged $38 a month for nothing and can't seem to find a way to un-subscribe. Get me off this lame site!

briannc
8/9/15

They failed to provide any sort of answer but did take £20 for this service and since have remained uncontactable

gd37
8/8/15

In Jan. 2015 I asked a question concerning antique porcelain...they wanted a picture of the item plus a picture of the mark on the bottom. I explained I did not have the ability to do this....there was no further response from them except that my debit card was charged twice for a total of $38.. I foolishly let this go.

In July 2015 I made another foolish mistake and asked, on-line, a questions about an antique. The same scenario happened concerning taking pictures. I got no response to my question but my card was charged $36. I called customer service and during this call they asked for my credit card number to use to look up the incident. They supposedly have no record of my question or of charging my card. My bank does have a record of the charge!!

I would advise everyone, not to use this Just Answer site for any reason!!

robertb204
8/8/15

I'm happy with the answer they gave me if only the $15 was all they charged. What the $#*!s did was charge my card another $5 then another $22 on the same day! So now I'm at $42. I canceled my subscription online before I realized the extra charge. Then, they had the nerve to charge me $32 on the first of the month! Furious, I called and got a recording that is set up to cancel your ALREADY canceled subscription and refund the monthly subscription, however, there is no way to speak to a live person or get a refund for the additional $27. Justanswer is a scam Do not waste your money!!!

janetd16
8/8/15

I did not have a problem with them at all. They answered my question quickly, and the Dr I spoke with was very empathetic with my situation.

jiml64
8/4/15

Once they get your credit card number, your gone!!!! My first ever internet compliant and compelled to do so. How they are allowed to operate is beyond me. You will simply be charged at random times for no reason and good luck getting your money back.

lauriea10
7/22/15

They advertise answers in an average of 8 minutes. I got no answer in over 6 hours, just $20 taken from my bank account. DO NOT USE.

avrilm3
7/22/15

I paid £47.00 for a quick answer re a property problem my son was having. I got no answer after 24 hours. when I tried the contact us phone section of the website it defaulted to email & when i tried to email asking where my question was the email part didn't work. When I clicked on the how to get a refund part of the website it kept saying page not found. A complete rip off- I feel very very stupid for falling for such an obvious scam and charlatan company. As another reviewer says BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT GIVE THESE TRICKSTERS YOUR MONEY. Please note- following posting the above review I was contacted the following day by someone from Just Answer and they arranged for me to get a refund for which I was very grateful. I hope the problems which I outlined in my post have now been resolved for other users.

scotty141
6/18/15

I used this company for a question on a antique piece I had, the site said you have a 7 day free trial, but they charge you 33.00 to sign in, plus another 5.00, then you have to pay the antique person another fee, it was 13.00. I didn't get a good answer and when I called about the 38.00 in fees, they said the 7 day free is for 1 more question. What a rip off. Beware of this service.

helent23
6/16/15

Not able to log on , temporary password not working, I have paid my $28 after putting forward my question and not getting another passwood to get into this site. What the!!!!
Fortunately I paid with paypal and will now cancel. BE CAREFUL!

nicholasc23
6/15/15

They have just taken £30,00 from my credit card this is FRAUD

artj8
6/6/15

This outfit is a scam. I had a problem with my camera. They were listed under Nikon, but I was k=led to believe a tech would answer me shortly. $ 4.00 to initial the contact and $ 15.
there after for a indication of the problem. After I gave them my credit card info, I got connected to a Lawyer page and the followup page was a $ 60. charge.
THESE ARE SCAMMERS. DO NOT TRUST THIS OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ju7501
6/4/15

I wish I had looked at this review site before signing up with them.

I needed to fix my air conditioner. Looking at some of the conversations of previous users of justnswer.com published in various forums make it sound really good.So I went to their web site. "Ask your question" is how it begins. I did not realize this but the answer comes from the automated computer, not a person. The response asks you to self assess the difficulty of your question and if it is emergency or not. I replied "non-emergency and simple". The response tells you that there will be a charge of $16, "$5 good faith deposit now and $11 after you are satisfied". You pay then they tell you that "you will get 10 minutes for the $16 and will be charged additional money if it goes over that time". I had already paid so had no choice, there is no option of saying no at this point. Almost immediately "allheatman" responds saying "Hello, how may I help you". So, I write out my question. Then I am waiting, and waiting and awaiting. Waiting for the person to respond. 30 minutes later, I was still waiting to even get an acknowledgement from him that he was even there or he was reading my question. I was getting tired of the process. So I wrote "forget it, I am cancelling my consult request, consider me a dissatisfied customer". Then I get a reply "I have referred your question to another technician". What a joke.

In spite of the fact that their rules said that I will be charged only if I am satisfied. However they had already charged me the entire $16.

After I emailed to their customer service, they were very prompt to refund the money though.

I think the web site should tell before taking any money that you will be getting just 10 minutes. One definitely cannot fix an AC in 10 minutes, not even trouble shoot it.

chucks14
6/3/15

Stay away, has a question about my dryer, they wanted me to sign up for a monthly subscription, or pay $28 for one answer, with a "money back guarantee" the answer was bull crap and slow in coming. I used Pay Pal and was able to dispute the charge and get a refund. This site is not worth the trouble.

jimk46
5/27/15

They are a SCAM .. Do not use this service

hakano
5/27/15

I had a misfortune of asking a question? what a mistake? they charge before you get a reply - Thats a first! So Before I even received a reply I contacted them and cancelled. They acknowledged this ( I have a reply acknowledging this fact) . Then I saw 2 charges one they charged already before a reply! and refund which has lost some value in conversion. And then guess what happens? They help themselves and charged again? So do not pass your credit card to these cons on the internet who take advantage people like us who need help and advise. They take advantage of the situation and furthermore make unauthorised charges. I hope you listen to this advice.

joek56
5/10/15

Marty from just answers helped me out a heck of bunch. He wanted to know that the emulator worked. Let him know joe says it did and Thanks again. My girlfriend says I/m brilliant to get that e320 wagon going. everything works for first time ever.Worth the bucks to ask Marty.

ucmu
5/9/15

In my opinion Justanswer does not give you any value; I have used the German pool of experts only; the professionalism of their experts is more than questionable. It seems that they delay the answers and lack basic knowledge. I cannot recommend Justanswer.com. The 30-Day Full Satisfaction guaranty and promise is just an empty shell.

asadb1
5/4/15

i overhal cat c18 enginewhen i install camshaft and tight sealin plate 3 bolts of cam cam is stuck and dosnt move.when i loos 3 bolts of sealing plat thtats hold camshaft cam move freely by hand.what cause.

lindas152
4/30/15

How can I stop charges to my credit card that I did not authorize??? This outfit sucks and I have been charged $134 for nothing,,I want this to stop NOW!!!

michealm20
4/26/15

asked a pretty simple question for a modern mechanic. had no answer fro over 24 hours then asked for refund. then got free upgrade to PRIORITY another 24 hours past still no answer.. asked the same question on a free bmw forum got the answer i needed in 20 minutes. annoying thing is the wouldve been fixed two days earlier without using this dis-service

jannh
4/21/15

Charged my credit card $44 for helping solve a coding problem in a website. They gave me no answer - I still have the coding problem and I'm out $39. (They kindly refunded my $5 deposit.)
Their customer service is dreadful - they defend the company and you're outta luck. I called 3 times and was on hold until I was disconnected. However, after finally getting through the 4th time with a customer service person, I was able to get a full refund. (whew!) But you have to go through an awful lot of work for this.

michaelc159
4/21/15

tried to get my Harley Davidson fixed.They charged my card but never help me. I tried the second time ( Im stupid ) No help, but sent me a survey about there service

davidf106
4/14/15

This service puts you in touch with an expert in some field, from plumbing to law, in which you need help. I used it once with a question about an electrical problem; the guy accurately diagnosed the problem and told me what to do, it was fine. The second time, though--a plumbing question, the dishwasher wasn't draining properly--I got instructions that I couldn't follow. I ended up looking for an answer on Google, which sent me to a Youtube video, which suggested I was lucky I hadn't gotten very far--there were basic things I hadn't been told, including how to avoid electrocuting myself. When I complained, JustAnswers really didn't apologize or take the problem seriously, though they did refund their fee. I won't use them again.

amandam64
3/30/15

I purchased a french door built in refrigerator (model KBF 042FTX02) from KitchenAide six years ago. The motherboard is malfunctioning and KitchenAide has no replacement parts to remedy this, as the factory was destroyed during the tsunami in Japan.The only option they will give me is to buy a new one! This company will not back up a 6 year old product. Consider this when buying appliances.

Tip for consumers: Buy another company's product.

lp24
3/14/15

Yes they completed the task and fixed the problem. That wasn't my issue. What they did was quote me a price of $31 and charged me $50 instead. Each time a charge came up I would specifically ask is this part of the $31 or an additional charge and both times he said no it is part of the $31. Big surprise when I checked.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it unless you have a lot of money to throw around. They will probably fix the problem but it will cost you a lot more then you think. Better make sure it is worth it.

douglash18
3/12/15

I have used this service twice, once voluntary and the other not. The first time I called to get an answer to what, I thought, was a pretty common question. Quickly I found I already knew more about the question and possible solution than my "expert" did. I, after spending too long just trying to get him to focus I threw in the towel and said 'thanks but no thanks.' Of course I asked for my deposit back but 'surprisingly' never received it. I knew than that these were just a bunch of hacked together out of job has beens who could never be expected to know more about a solution than I did before I called. The second time I was tricked into calling them because their web listing made it look like they were the hired guns for a particular product. When I had to spell the name of the service I was calling about I looked at the URL closer and realized who I called. Slam went the receiver and my pain was over, mercifully. The bottom line is do not call them, ever. You would be better waiting for divine inspiration for your answer than calling these bums. It may be a good idea gone horribly bad or just a bad idea dreamed up by someone in a heroin induced mind bending sleep. Look very closely at any URL that promises you expert help and if you see their name, run, don't walk, away from the listing.

Tip for consumers: Be your own best friend and never, ever, call these idiots.

cedrics2
1/30/15

JustAnsswer is a scam. They admit to wrongfully withholding funds from my expert account. I am filing a class action against them on behalf of experts and users. Contact me at CedSev@gmail.com if you are interested in being a class rep.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site. Use elance or a reputable site that does not rip off customers and its experts.

davidv30
1/24/15

These people are crooks. Great at taking your money. I never got any answer. American Express' fraud detection shut down my credit card just for dealing with them. Spoke to an obnoxious service rep and never got my deposit back.

Tip for consumers: Avoid them like the plague.

fredf25
1/14/15

JustAnswer used to be great website to get answers to questions. However, it's become a nightmare given their misrepresentation and website design. They, by design, misrepresent and channel users/customers into becoming "subscription" customers - customers whom they charge a monthly fee to use the website.

First, although the Terms of Service agreement states a customer can ask "unlimited questions" - that is completely false. A customer is limited to asking just a few questions per month or they are charged a larger monthly subscription fee or terminated.

Second, the website is totally misleading and fraudulent. They are now in violation of state laws concerning medical and legal advice that is given over the website. They try to push "additional services" which is a violation of law in their approach. It's just a matter of time until a state's Attorney General pursues a class action against JustAnswer/eAnswer.

Tip for consumers: Don't!

sr127
12/18/14

Takes your money and gives you a lame answer, then nothing. Not happy - no money back. Don't use them.

johnd318
12/16/14

scam , scam !!! will take your money and never get back to you.
It is not easy to get your deposit back, you have to keep calling people and they shoot you around and around.

Tip for consumers: Dont fall into the trap. this is a scam

sariel
11/24/14

Just had a veterinarian assist me with a question about my dog ingesting something. Was extremely prompt, professional and helpful. Well worth the short amount of time spent on this. I also believe the negative reviews come from folks not understanding how to use the site. If you take the time to read the information, its easy. And you can read credentials or profiles before requesting an answer.

Tip for consumers: Pay attention to what your doing, you can simply click no to the subscription offers

jamesr102
11/14/14

Having read lots of bad reviews i was wary at first however i saw a couple of good reviews and decided to go for it. I wasn't disappointed i have spent all day bouncing messages back and forward for only £26 I s**t you not. It has only been on one subject matter but i have asked multiple questions and the person was very helpful, i was certainly 100% satisfied with the service i received. It would have cost me a lot more with a solicitor for the information and discussion we shared. I have tried not to make this sound like some one who works for just answers as i definitely can confirm it is bonafide as far as i'm concerned. If you don't want to register for a monthly premium then don't simply click not now when requested to register for the free trial. If you do register for the free trial and don't want to pay a monthly subscription then cancel it or you will get charged more money. Read the terms and conditions or at least the relevant bits

margaretw21
11/13/14

A total waste of money. The "expert"asked for the model number of my stove so that he could give me accurate information. I never heard from him again.

Tip for consumers: Never ever use them

ricardask
11/4/14

keep away from this site,if you dont want your money to be stolen.can somebody stop these thiefs.

rebeccak19
11/3/14

One star is far too generous for this scam of a website. For the thirty seven pounds I paid I should have sought a professional's advice. My query was of a medical nature and the alleged expert was clearly from the wrong field of medicine (regardless of the fact they gave me a choice of medical professional to choose from). I was foolish and was vulnerable and taken advantage of (also they refuse to respond to any query or compliant) so PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT IS A SCAM AND NOTHING MORE

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE IT IS A SCAM

josephh43
10/17/14

I wrote asking how to upgrade my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The answer was that it could not be done until the computer manufacturer issues a new service pack and that I should just wait until that happens (it has been 5 years since I bought the computer and the manufacturer still has not issued the service pack). For this advice I paid $47.00.

Tip for consumers: They advertise that they will return your money if you are not satisfied. Your request for a refund must be submitted within 30 days. I did write them expressing my dissatisfaction with the answer immediately after receiving it,, but I did not specifically request a refund. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the full cost until it appeared on my credit card statement, and I was travelling when the statement arrived, so I could not answer within the 30 day period;

frankl241
10/2/14

I am very good at getting info from the web, a free source. Foolishly I allowed myself to get sucked into helpowl.com and somehow justanswer.com came with it (or vice versa). One of these required a good faith deposit of $5, but that immediately became in something near or over $20. No new information was forthcoming-I was sent the exact same web info that I already had from the manufacturer, which didn't answer my need for service details. I have searched the helpowl.com web site for ways to close my unsatisfactory relationship. In my effort to be fair this identical review is being posted with justanswer.com as well.
Frank L.

rj50
10/2/14

I am one of the experts on the site. I won't say what category I work in, but I do answer a ton of questions. I will say that the vast majority of these negative reviews I have read are because people either don't know how to use the site, or some other reason. You can post a one time question, and get an answer. The site does try to sell subscriptions from what I understand, but if you read what you are clicking on, you can avoid that. They are also very good about giving refunds. Aside from that, I cannot comment on billing issues as I just answer questions in my category.

What people don't always realize, is that we're not all doctors, lawyers, mechanics and appraisers sitting in a room together. We answer questions in our off time, while at home, work, etc. Yes, there may not be anyone online at 2am to help you fix your Honda....and no one may answer for days. That happens. Sometimes, your questions are so rare, unusual, odd or specific to you that we cannot answer them (No, I cannot say with 100% accuracy that the rock in your front yard is/is not from the moon!).

Like anyone, we expect to get paid for our work. Some people are thieves. They take our answers and run, and never pay us. Some people never come back to view the answers. Its not a perfect system, but it works.

terencew11
9/22/14

NEVER use this site. NEVER give them ANY credit card information. They've been charging me $17.00 a month for the last six months and I have yet to talk to someone that can issue me a refund.

donh45
9/18/14

Don't let these folks get your money their return policy does not exist. They keep it and offer your a 25% discount on another question.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site is my tip

lawrencec21
9/4/14

A total scam of your $$$. Do NOT use this. Stay Away. Waste of time and $$$. Paid $5 to wait and wait and wait some more for a response. And I was charged $5 for waiting. My time, my expense. Live and learn.

Tip for consumers: Whatever you do, skip this

jimc51
8/11/14

I had a vexing problem with my Subaru. There was a lot of conflicting advice on the various boards on the internet, So, I submitted a list of symptoms to JA and within 30 minutes I had a response and a recommended solution to the problem. The solution worked, saving me a trip to the mechanic and I am sure at least a $75.00 diagnosis and some unnecessary repairs (like a throttle body cleaning for $100 or an injector service for $150.00 all suggested on the net). For a $20 appointment charge and a $10.00 tip I think I was well served.

mc325
7/21/14

had a problem with a truck, they helped me out. BUT now they asked, do want to leave a tip, more $. then I find out they have been billing my credit card on a monthly bases.

carmenw11
7/19/14

i got an answer immediately, and live chat. overpriced tho.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JustAnswer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: @Raymond A.,

You are aware that this is NOT "JustAnswer.com", right??? This is SiteJabber, a website discovery and review website.

Hopefully someone will try to give a basic answer to your question, as if answered it would be from another user of SiteJabber!

A basic answer: "you gave someone a diamond ring with instructions as to its disposale"
7/23/13
Answer
joek56
A: Also whoever wrote the f- word should be respectful of the people reading this site jabber and reviews section. Perhaps it was a mistake to write that word in here in which case an apology would be proper. JK
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I'd like to know where you get the nerve to scam people?
1 week ago
Answer
happyc17
A: I know for a fact that justanswer will give you a refund for any answer you are not happy with. In fact you can cancel a membership or get a refund on the site without having to contact customer support by phone. I really wonder if all these complaints are even from real customers of just answer?
20 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JustAnswer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
JustAnswer?