US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

rickm70

Guys if any one searching best online form builder, no need to check you can go with jotform.. (in 7 reviews)

jasonk52

The customer service is prompt and gives understandable directions. (in 4 reviews)

debsb

For those who will have less than 100 submissions per account, the account is free. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

corer
5/26/16

The templates and hence the sites you can create with this site may look nice, however, your frustration level will peak before you get there, because the form builder is quite bug-y. Making adjustments that go beyond the usual colour and format adjustments, need to be done in CSS, which not everyone who just wants to build a simple form, may feel comfortable with.

The display showed colours that weren't the ones I had picked (but in reality, the colours that I had picked were the ones displayed in the final form, so don't let this throw you off).

When you finally have your form on your site (after several hours) and are ready to test it, you might come across an error message saying that the form is not secure. I tried to rid myself of that problem by using the encryption that one can select for the template, and downloaded the encryption code that I received, however, despite all that, I never got passed that security message.

I sure don't want my website's users to see an error message about a security problem with the form, so I cut my losses and deleted the form from my site. As it took me several hours to complete and customize that template, I have to say my mood was pretty bad for the rest of that day.

I hope you'll waste less time with this. So..., good luck!

dougb53
3/24/16

Jotform is a tool that allows you to easy build forms to collect data. The data can be automatically saved to a google sheet or directed to many other types of applications at the click of a button.

In addition to having the saving of data/sending of data at the click of a button, many other exciting features exist. It can easily be wired to paypal for purchases which makes it a great solution for small ecommerce type applications.

Results can be mailed as they are submitted. A cool feature that exists is the ability to send it from your own email address! Many sites do not have this type of feature because of mail relay challenges!

Last, but certainly not least, our use case found some interesting features that you may not realize. You can publish an HTML report that has results available. The coolest connection to that data that I have found is to then point a tool like Microsofts Power BI Desktop to it, to visualize it! It's a great way to see your data in a visual format, right on your desktop because of the power HTML report feature that is exposed with Jotform.

Two thumbs up to Jotform!

micm4
3/8/16

I am now a Jotform user for a few month and the interface, service and technical support are great.

Interface is simple and straightforward: you drag your elements from the element section to your form area. When you finish, you view your created form and embed it in your site as you please.

Service: I have not experience any down time problem with the service so far. You can email, chat or talk to Jotform sale or support staff if you have any question building your form and application.

Technical Support: Technical support staff respond quickly and are very knowledgeable about any problems or troubleshooting you may encounter while building your forms and applications. There is big forum where you can get quick technical support and information.

I recommend you the services of jotform.com - so you should try it and see for yourself.

Mic's Movers
DC Best Movers

shaand
2/19/16

this site is to good for the readymade forms

anaf28
1/28/16

I am now a Jotform user for a few years and the service is great. The themes are really easy to use and the forms easy to set on the website.
I can only recommend you the services of jotform.com - so you should try it and see for yourself.

lainep
1/21/16

Awful and furstrating! Very Poor integration with their own widgets and apps. Support promises to fix issue soon but takes months and doesn't fix. Dint get a premium account if you need to create your own forms. The most simple tasks are impossible. Incredibly furstrating

luker25
1/8/16

I've been using Jotform for over a year now (after Adobe Formcentreal closed down), and it's great software. Forms are easy to create, and the distribution options are fantastic.

benl53
11/13/15

I'd like to qualify this review by saying I am not a programming or software expert. I own my own business and was attracted at the alleged ease for creating forms on jotforms.

The form were not that difficult to create. The user interface was straight forward enough for me to figure out how to build what I wanted.

Once the site is active, it has been a nightmare. The site is constantly down or not loading. My clients can't access the forums and there is NO customer support. There is no phone number to call. The support forum delay time is horrible if you are actually on a deadline or losing business. They have only actually replied to 50% of my support requests. Endlessly frustrating to try to depend on this product especially when the customer service is worse than bad...it's non-existent.

I am already looking for a more dependable alternative because I can afford to spend time every week trying to resolve technical issues with zero support help. I do not recommend this product

testt27
10/30/15

this site is to good for the readymade forms

jessicaz8
10/22/15

We used this form for our website for an art show and received 70 applications. When it was time to review them they were all missing and the support team could care less. We had to email each artist to get them to resend photos. It was a horrible experience. This is a untrustworthy company to say the least.

dorcelusa
9/19/15

The way they design the website is very friendly for beginners and anyone that does not have the skill to navigate. I love it.

hashema
8/28/15

It's really intuitive. The free version gives you access to a ton of features. Can do some very advanced tasks.

wendya22
8/27/15

I have been using JotForm for over 2 years now and I am more than happy with the service! Over the years, they have spent a lot of effort to improve forms, templates and overall usability of the site. Making a form is very easy and integrating it into your website is very simple. I love that there is the option to log in to JotForm and read your emails via the JotForm inbox...it's a great way to keep track of form submissions. I also like the spreadsheet download feature...very handy! Overall, my experience with using Jotform has been wonderful and I look forward to using JotForm for may years to come!

tomk63
8/12/15

Jotform has been an amazing platform for my business. I use it on every website i build, and i will always use it as long as i am a web developer. They make it so simple to create forms for whatever design you need. Thank Jotform!

timothyp21
7/31/15

I use Jotform for my business and it has worked out really well. Customers go to my website and get seamlessly transferred over to the Jotform and it looks like my own website with a similar look. From my customers viewpoint it's easy to use and they it helps me stay organized too. I would recommend it to anyone that takes orders regularly. You can check mine out at http://www.timothyink.com/home/order-page and click the order link.

wimv4
7/29/15

i just started using JotForm, and it is great!
i started using the free form, and now im testing with it. it seems to work great!

its very easy to create a high tech form, wich i couldn't create on my webserver.

when the form is tested i definately will switch over to the paid version as i get more storage and form applies every month.

only thing i'm bumping into was that an attachment is stored on their server, and not send as attachment file with the form... but i can live with that!

if you are looking for an good but easy way to create your own form, use Jotform

marcoj9
7/28/15

Jotform is very easy to use. People who don't have the skills to programm a form the can make it with jotform. if you use JotForm you find out the possibilities and the are great

jasonk52
7/15/15

Jotform makes my tasks easier. Plus they have the right templates for any business. I used their Whitepaper template and it was perfect. The customer service is prompt and gives understandable directions. Jotform is definitely my primary choice for web-based forms. All other options are inferior to Jotform. - JasonMKasper

Tip for consumers: Try their services and compare them to other web form services and you will never want to go back to anything else.

italianoi
7/13/15

If any company got it right the first time, its JotForm. Its easy quick to use, cannot complain. Its full of useful features. If it wasnt for JotForm we'd have to spend a few hundred dollars on a PHP form, that Jot Form has for free!

mattw44
6/19/15

Have been using Jotform for over a year now. Using it for event registrations, recruitment and HR forms. Love the rules feature so that forms can change depending on input. Paypal and dropbox integration are great. Saves my team hours in processing recruitment applications and events registrations and payments. Totally recommend JotForm.

joser48
6/12/15

As a sales manager, I started using jotfom to get the data I need from my team and have it in a form that will be ready for data analytics. This has been a Godsend. Is so easy to use. I also use it for our marketing events with our customers.
For a person in business, definitively a tool that provide a lot of value!

vinodv1
6/8/15

miked144
5/28/15

Absolutely the best way to put forms on your site. Extremely user-friendly. You don't really need to know any programming. It's saved me on so many occasions. And they just look great!!!

jamesn51
5/18/15

Don't Use it for complex task. Very Poor integration with their own widgets and apps. Support promises to fix issue soon but takes months and doesn't fix.
I have a premium account but now realizing it was a mistake!

nitins9
5/10/15

Jotform is an online form builder and it's free for less than 100 submissions a month, and $9 if you need more than that.

Jotform has just updated their website and although I don't think too much has changed in what you are able to do, it looks great!

One thing new is that I can know center my forms (they host my forms and I link into there from my own website, it's easier to update more frequently as I need to do in my business).

I have always received information from form submitted, and they allow you to customise and enter text that is in scripts other than roman (such as Chinese/ Japanese) which is great!

I also prefer their service to other form builders also because their name is not something crazy like monkeyforms. As I send people to this website directly (though personalised and branded with our logos) this is important to me.
Thanks jotform :)

rickm70
5/5/15

I am very happy after join JOTFORM, Really very very thanks to Jotform..I have searched lot of websites where no one had not fitted to my requirement but whereas jotform has done it..Great job and easy platform in designing forms.

Really thank you so much http://www.jotform.com team..

dellindaf
5/2/15

Very please. I am on my second year with jotform and I just upgraded. It's working for me.
www.urbanerecycling.com

asima8
4/23/15

I used jotform on my website that I created for my rental property via wix. If you are a Landlord or Real Estate Management company, use jotform to collect information such as maintenance request, tenant notice to vacate, prescreen rental questionnaire etc. If you wish to create a website using wix and using jotform please feel free to contact me. Here's a sample of what I have created http://myrentals.wix.com/samplerentalproperty

jakec33
3/24/15

Jotform is amazing.
For just 9.95 a month, it does the perfect job for my website.
It's user friendly and makes it possible and extremely easy for even those who knows nothing about creating online forms.
It's the online form one stop shop!

pauloc5
2/22/15

After you spend the time figuring out how to make the perfect form, I came back to my site and it said I was blocked. I made to 'forms' for two of my sites and JotForm thought I was 'phishing'? These peeps are obviously not concerned about making a good product. I'll return to EMailMeForm like we've been using. Don't say you have customer service when you don't.

abiw4
1/31/15

ITS AMAZZIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGG .. ... very easy to use

Its a very easy means develop forms to get the data from public

I used this web to gather a registration proofs and presentation from attendees.

michelleh40
1/29/15

This site offers the most amazing help when you need a quick form for your website.

filipb11
12/7/14

Realy easy to ouse and best form builder for me!
With lot of multiple and simple tools and widgets!

emmal37
11/28/14

I've been using jotform for almost one year now and it has all the functions and flexibility I need. I would definitely recommend it anybody else!

jimm811
11/20/14

Absolutely awful. Be very careful with these incompetent jerks.
The service seems to work fine for awhile then it disappears.
If you do not re-do everything its gone. There is no help with customer service as they barely speak any english.

silentw1
11/8/14

Jotform is amazing.
For just 9.95 a month, it does the perfect job for my website.
It's the online form one stop shop!

africanc
11/7/14

This is the simplest online form made available at no cost. It is easy to design. It is flexible. Easy to transfer the code and easy to export the data for further usages.

henryo13
11/3/14

JotForm doubled billed me and with the help of BlueSnap refuses to refund the double billing charges for 7 months. They offered three months credit...not good enough...The only way I could stop the double billing was to cancel my credit card. They selected different dates and different notices on my credit card. My accountant did not pick this us as double billing. I had notified them when they first started this and they continued to double bill on the same JotForm account number.

nymphs
9/26/14

Really thank you so much http://www.jotform.com team..
If any one needs any help just contact me nymphsto@gmail.com upto my knowledge i will clarify all your doubts.

fitraa
9/10/14

I already used Jotform for a month and its really good and helpful

Tip for consumers: Increase your submission and space

asdau
9/9/14

JotForm is very amazing. It lets you be creative because it has all the options to be creative. We use for our organization for volunteering events and members sign-up. It's worth trying. You'll never regret!!!

kinsethh
9/9/14

I'm convinced JotForm can do ANYTHING I want it to. I'm not a developer and couldn't write a line of code if it was the last thing I had to do, but once again I was able to solve another problem via jotform's platform.

The flexibility of the program is phenomenal and they are always updating the program to work even better. I could go on all day but to some it up: Try jotform for your survey needs it will excell past your expectations (and is leaps and bounds ahead of surveymonkey if you ask me).

Really my only suggestion at this point would be to improve the reporting feature. It's pretty clunky currently but we got it to work enough to suffice our needs.

Tip for consumers: Start with the free plan to try it out! It's not limited access like some other free plans, you can still use everything it just limits form submissions.

hendriekg
8/5/14

I love this, everthing i need to build a webbased form, it's here. Everyone needs to know about JotForm.com!

barbarad20
7/28/14

Jotform has made my business so much easier to manage. I can create custom forms that have Paypal integration and look professional. I can also embed them into my website for seamless payment options. I can not say enough good things about this company and this product! A +++++

Barbara with Dreamydoodles.com

paulb130
6/30/14

Jotform is a great concept. You can do anything you need with their forms, i.e. customize for any need you have for your website. I encountered a bug with the clear form button. It clears the text entered on the form but does not allow my customers to clear the photo they have submitted. It worked initially and then stopped working. The problem lies in the slow response to my problem. I was told that a ticket was submitted to the developers to fix this and I have not heard back since. It has been ten days now. Luckily I haven't published the site yet. If I were operational this would have put me out of business.

gregg139
6/24/14

I have started to use Jotform and have found the experience not only educational but fun.

You can use one of their templates and get a form up and running in just a few minutes, but if you're anything like me, and like to tweak things, then you can create a custom template from scratch with virtually unlimited custom options using CSS. The support from Jotform is EXECELLENT! Not only can you find most of your questions already answered online, but if you post in their forum, you will get a reply pretty quick. Overall I have been very happy with the quality of both the forms and the support.

robint18
3/30/14

I was searching for a good company where I can create and integrate forms to my website. JotForm is absolutely the best! You can integrate many tools into your form like payment options, beautiful designs and standard created fields! JotForm also do not put advertisements about themselves in the form and give the website and forms available in many languages.

definitely recommended!

smsa
3/26/14

JotForm forms creation helps you collect and organize information securely. It allows for payment collection and file upload, along with analytics.

Platforms and synchronization

Forms can be embedded in your website, or on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also embed them in iPhone or iPad, Android and Blackberry apps.

Compared to similar apps

JotForm is a serviceable application that provides WYSIWYG form design. It’s not as flashy as Wufoo, but it gets the job done just as well. One big advantage is that they don’t put ads on forms, even if you subscribe to the free version. You never have to worry about your customer’s reactions to unexpected ads from your forms.

osmand
3/10/14

I use thhe Jotform all my web site. Very Simle to use and clever technology.
jotform.com thank you for easily my work.

zacharyl10
3/9/14

I find Jot Form the easist form making tool on this planet. Serious recommendation!

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JotForm staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2/10/16
Add your answer
12/22/15
Answer
jotforms
A: Free users are allowed to receive up to 10 payments in one month, if you should require to collect over 10 payments per month, you should have to upgrade your JotForm account to a paid plan.
12/25/15