US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

lorenm23
4/3/15

As with the others reviewing this company, I received unsolicited email from Jobungo. I opened it on a non-internet-connected test machine, and found that the company uses amazonses.com as a mail sender, which provides the sender some ability to bypass traditional SPAM traps, in part by allowing the sender to seem as if the email is coming from a trusted service. The email claimed it had a number of jobs to recommend to me, with job titles which track closely to those in other job services I have legitimately subscribed to. Looking at the headers, I see several links to "unsubscribe" options, but as I have not subscribed -- and in fact had not heard of the company prior to this point -- I found this somewhat suspicious.

Viewing an included link in a sandbox session, I was surprised at the amount of information included in the source -- including a link to my Facebook account! Moreover, the page itself, but for what seemed like dozens of scripts, contained a blank frame with the header, "Here are the jobs we've found for you."

This is clearly SPAM, and it may also be a scam of some sort. I know I have no intention of using this "service" for any legitimate job search, and I would suggest others be wary as well.

Tip for consumers: Make sure your spam filters are up to date, and that unsigned scripts are blocked.

amyf21
2/13/15

I give them an overall rating of 1 because you cannot give them 1/2 a star or below. They sent me a cover letter that was less involved than the one that I wrote myself and looked as though it had been downloaded from the internet. Their work is shabby and unprofessional. They didn't spell check or look over information before sending me the draft. It had someone else's phone number. I sent them an email detailing all the errors that they made in writing my cover letter (including leaving the signature line as "Input client" rather than putting my name in the spot) and resume requesting a refund. They sent back an answer that was impersonal and did not answer for their inadequate and substandard work (no apology given).

Follow up to my review:
They did a rewrite of my cover letter and resume. The rewrite was just as riddled with errors and misinformation as the first write-up. I found their "original" cover letter nearly word for word on a site online at http://www.livecareer.com/letter-samples/cover-letters-misc/desktop-support. And they still couldn't fill in my name (the letter was closed with, "The Client"). The response I received was that they didn't know me well enough to write a more detailed cover letter/resume. They had my email and phone number if they needed more information than the work history, job examples of positions that I was going for as well as examples of my work (flyers, etc.) wasn't enough.

Tip for consumers: All work they do is nonrefundable. STAY AWAY!!!

peterw50
1/7/15

Today they emailed jobs to me addressed to my 82 year old mother-in-law! She does not use computers. I have acted on her behalf on UK car/home insurance comparison websites (who promised not to pass on details to third parties).

melanies26
12/25/14

I never signed up for emails from Jobungo. I have marked the email as spam and filed a report with the FTC.

cc100
10/6/14

American company trying to advertise jobs "near" me. I live on a small UK island.....and even though the jobs may be "near" me, they are an hours ferry ride away. Thankfully my email only allows safe senders. No idea where they got such detailed information on me. "www.JUNKbungo/scammers.wtf" ☺

sallys31
10/5/14

Started getting emails from these people recently. I was job hunting recently so opened one up. Spotted they came from the States, decided it was dodgy and they now go straight into my junk folder. It's a bit iffy that they knew which area I'd been living in!

dianen5
10/4/14

They list jobs that are not available. I tried to contact to ask why and got no answer. BEWARE.

archieb31
10/2/14

Spam spam spam. Must be a bad organisation because they send spam.

garya19
10/1/14

I received 2 unsolicited emails from this site in the last 2 days adressed to G , nothing else, just G
If I get an email like that I don't open it anyway, but these are surprisingly passing my spam filters. Hopefully not for much longer as it has been filed as spam.

Tip for consumers: Personally I wouldn't open the emails

ianc38
9/28/14

I am disabled and have started receiving emails from Jobungo. I cannot work and have not subscribed to this service and I would like to know how and why they have my information.

lisab103
7/28/14

I've started to receive loads of scam emails from various companies following participation of surveys. Just 4 days ago I started receiving emails off jobungo.co.uk about jobs in my area; although at present I have only received two emails off them the reason for the 3 stars. I do find it creepy though how they got hold of my details in the first place.

kyles49
9/27/13

Spam emails I didn't sign up for.

michaela38
9/20/12

Jobungo.com posts bogus employment ads on Craigslist and then SPAMS you with phony job ads in your area. Beware of this company and their unethical marketing practices. If you fallen victim to your their SCAM and are worried about what information you have provided them - Please contact the Attorney General of California and file a complaint immediately.

kareng11
2/28/12

I want to delete my ad and can find no way to do it.I understand it is a fraud.

janicel1
5/23/11

I was job hunting and I came across this website, and everyday they send me job alerts about the ame jobs and location for the the job. This website seems to be a scam, and I hate that I gave them my personal information. Please careful if you get emails from thisfake company.