US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

73 Reviews for Jobnab.com

Review Highlights

henryr

Registering at jobnab will get you endless email from schools.

rachelw3

His mailbox was full, so I was unable to leave a message.

ab48

Upon waking, I had a text reminding me of the appointment.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

margaretg6
11/8/11

This is the only 'jobsearch' website that ask questions about FACEBOOK. It makes me uneasy. Maybe it's the sign of the times but I don't care for it.

raymondr1
9/27/11

they texted me with a message to my phone and knew my name when I called.
My Iphone did not give me a location that corresponded with the area code of the phone number they provided. After bombarding me with personal questions they offered me schooling via their education department. Where is the JOB.

wojciechg
7/27/11

what a scam. Just realized that they have been billing the credit card for months and havent gotten any emails from them. You can't even get a hold of them to access our account. The password retrieval function doesn't work and was probably never meant to. Jobnab is happy billing me for no service rendered. Learned a lesson about giving away any of my information to these creeps. One is better off writing a check every month. It is easier in the long run.

zz3
7/14/11

Can I give ZERO stars to these infamous and unprofessional E-terrorists?
They ARE crooks. They managed to access my name on a very major curriculum and database Web Site, now under my name and e-mail they beg me to access their Web Site just by giving out my information- I mean the complement. Do NOT post your resume, anything on these hiring Web Sites - this one based in NY And Maynard (cannot say the name of the Web Site.), or post your resume, NOT your full name and a e-mail. Believe me, they are kind of E- terrorists, their aim is to traffic your information, parasiting your existence, exposing you to ID theft by proxy. If you want a job, contact companies directly! Jobnab wants to NAB YOU.- poor soul in despair for a job.

www.jobnab.com, www.career-network.com

robinc7
5/18/11

I thought it was incredibly suspicious when I asked if I could record the initial "registration" phone call and was immediately told NO and that if I was going to refuse not to record the call with Jobnab that the agent would hang up. I then spoke with a jobnab "specialist" by the name of Robert who obviously did not hear me say I was recording the call because he kept right on with his script. When I told Robert that I had a Bachelor's degree his reply was "you are of course going to continue your education aren't you?" When I said No he seemed very disappointed. I asked very detailed questions about how exactly do they match jobs when they have nothing but my name, email and phone number and was told over and over again that all I had to do was change the job category on the web page. When I commented that that was no different from Monster, CareerBuilder etc he became agitated and continued his diatribe that I could change my 'interest' on the web page. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and big surprise there was no supervisor "available" but I could contact the corporate office by clicking the Contact Us link. I asked Robert for the phone number to 'his office (by which one would assume is the corporate office) to which he again replied that I could use the Contact Us link. I laughed and said "You don't even know the phone number to your own corporate office? This sounds like an outright scam to me exactly how does Jobnab make their money" At this point Robert stated that he was going to have to disconnect the call. I immediately called back, got another rep named Alan who began with the same script when I told him to STOP I was calling to have my information removed from their database and that I had better not get a single call from anyone associated with Jobnab including colleges, college matching services etc.

DON'T REGISTER WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

kimm8
4/26/11

Just recieved text message from someone telling me to register with jobnab so I could be considered for a position. Glad I checked first! Just wish I knew how they got my info in the first place!

ricks8
4/11/11

An email was sent from a Maria Schubert claiming they saw my resume and had the perfect position for me. It requested I go to their website and register. Mm k. If you saw my resume and I am a match for a job, then why aren't you discussing the position instead of trying to get me to punch my personal information into your registration form? Just look at the terms and conditions for the answer:

"By providing a valid email address to the Company, the User explicitly grants permission for the Company, its affiliates, advertisers, service providers, and other third parties, to send the User emails regarding various information pursuant to the Privacy Policy. If the User no longer desires to receive emails from the Company, the User may follow the opt-out procedures set forth in the email from the Company."

"4. Email Policy. If you receive an email from the Company, its affiliates, advertisers, service providers, or other third parties, your email address was obtained as a result of either your express and voluntarily request to receive information from the Company, its affiliates, advertisers service providers, or other third parties or your existing relationship with the Company, its affiliates, advertisers, service providers, or other third parties. Each email sent contains an automated method to "opt out" of receiving additional emails from the Company or its affiliates. If you no longer wish to receive emails from the Company or its affiliates, please follow the instructions at the end of any email. If you remove your information from the Company's database, it will no longer be used by us for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by us or third parties to send promotional correspondence to you."

Funny how simply filling out a "registration" form suddenly turns into you are consenting to having your personal information spread to everyone out there. You call this a job matching service?

suet3
3/15/11

Sadly, I was also sent a text message regarding a job, based on my resume, how nice they have a job need that I match. The sad thing is...I'm smarter and find the need to check things out as others I see do just to find out it's bull when I need a job and have the skills and get the idiots who prey on others misfortune. They should be locked up!

anng2
3/9/11

I received an e-mail from them early this morning saying pretty much the same thing everyone else here received. Some guy named Zach Conner supposedly read my resume and decided to contact me out of the blue with a tourism job? I never applied to any job in that market. Add to that the fact that they are based in Florida and I'm clear across the country. So they are still slinging the same old hash here folks. I called the Florida number and listened to their recorded message: many pauses, false starts, and errors. I will attempt to call them again and find out who they bought my info from: I'm seriously doubting they'll disclose their source, but one can try.

edh7
2/17/11

I unfortunately fell for this scam and sent them a w-9 for employment. I learned yesterday that someone used my social and name to file a tax return. Do not fall for this company!

rendam
2/17/11

I just got a text from JobNab.com, I looked it up on google and found out about the scam. Thanks for the warning. I need a job not a scam.

triciab
2/15/11

Ok I'm like everyone else out there checking out any avenue possible to earn some type of income since I'm not employeed at this time. I somehow came upon this "opportunity" to work from home. Well I figured it wouldn't cost me anything to check it out. Sounded legit. I have sat through two conference calls. (did wait 10-15 minutes before they started) The 2nd call was to have an open forum Q&A with a mgr after. That didn't happen. I haven't submitted my W-9 as I had some reservations because of the SS # being sent to (not exactly sure where) I can't quite seem to understand who would pay for a job listing when they can find it themselves. Also, on the call it was stated that the "company" does push Education. Well if you don't have a job, probably don't have any extra money so who's going to pay for Further Education. After further thought and receiving text msg's from Kevin, Beth, Pam, etc all from either Career Network or JobNab, I have come to the same conclusion as others. When you go to the link to complete your application, you get the Education question along with another phising site. i.e. taking a survey to match you with your best career path. This isin't worth your time or effort, If you are going to do all of this research for positions, apply for them yourself and keep your identity safe

spencerb1
2/10/11

i too got a text message indicating that a review of my resume showed a potential match. since my field is specialized, i thought it was odd that someone would send me a text message and not include any information about the potential job. i responded to the text message, figuring no one would respond to my question. no response. eight minutes of internet research suggested that the site is run by a guy who has been convicted for fraud and has been successfully sued for millions for his scams.
as the other reviews suggest, this guy is probably trying to get people to enroll in courses they don't need and can't afford. so if you want a sales pitch for some for-profit educational institution (as an aside, you should do some research on this phenomenon separately), go for it. if you're looking for a job, you might want to avoid it.

joannej1
1/28/11

I thought it sounded cool at first then when I got the email with the W9 attached wanting my information. A red flag came up!! If we are supposed to be independent contractors then why do they want a W9. I did not feel comfortable filling out a W9 & sending it to a site that I have no idea who they really are. That is just asking for trouble. I sent an email to fox 17 news.

jamesh12
1/26/11

Just received the same text....based on your resume you match a job I'm filling, if interested register at JOBNAB.COM....did a little info search and BAM !!! here ya'll are with the scoop...didn't even hit their site after reading these reviews...

davids35
1/26/11

A poster Googled the owner's name, and it looked very familiar. It's none other than serial scammer:
Alec Difrawi, Ayman El-Difrawi aka ...
Modeling Industry Scams - Alec Difrawi, Ayman El-Difrawi (Ayman A. El-Difrawi) aka Alec Defrawy, Michael Difrawi, Michael Chandler, Michael Jensen, David Mellon, Alan Madison: (This is from part of a link I found on Bing.)
I was scammed by his "Modeling Agency" garbage. They were looking for "Talent Scouts" for the "Wilhelmina Scouting Agency" which was a scam uncovered by the TV show 20/20. I lived in Portland, Oregon at the time. Right after the showing I called the "modeling agency" and quit! Remember Lou Pearlman whom got The Back Street Boys band started? He got involved with one of Alec Defrawy's scams and is prison right now. This guy, Alec, cavorts with convicted felons. He stays just within the law to where they can't send him to prison. I'm sure law enforcement authorities would just love to send him there. This guy is famous for his many types of scams. If you do a search for his name, all of those names are the same person. He's certainly prolific in his many ways.

raquelb1
1/20/11

Wow! I didn't get a chance to even check the site out before I ran into these wonderful tips!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON THIS SITE!!!

vanessag1
1/19/11

My husband received a text message to log on to this site. Supposedly, they had received his application and they had matched a job according to his qualifications.

Well I googled this site and it so happens that many other people had received emails, and according to them its a scam. Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

I still don't know if its true or not, but I am not going to try it.

Thanks.

deannam2
1/12/11

I received a text this morning. I am currently signed-up with several job search engines but know that not all offers coming from online or otherwise is not reputable. I looked at the company's website looking for a fee since usually job scouts charge for their services. When I didn't see one listed I decided to research more. I'm glad I did since I found this sight and now I won't touch JobNab with a ten-foot-pole. Beware.

mikea9
1/7/11

They tried to hook me this morning through a job ad on Craigs List. I found this site and another that I think people should see. http://scamfraudalert.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/jobnab-com-aka-career-network-com/ Apparently the guy who owns this site has a long history of scams, felonies and aliases. That link has some news footage of his operations. I wonder what their PR guy Finn B has to say about this. My guess, just like on the news expose, no comment.

stevel4
1/5/11

Almost got sucked into this thing. I received a text message saying there is a retail position available for me without saying what company or even what state. I went online to jobnab.com and it asked me to register. I started by inputting my name, email, zip code and phone number and the next page asked me for my home address. I think that is a bit T.M.I. for a recruiter. Anyways, don't give out too much information whomever it is unless you know for sure. Apply directly to the company if you can. Similar site which I haven't researched yet that may also be SCAMS : career-network.com.

jennied1
1/4/11

I also recently received a text message to my cell phone on 1/3/2011 informing me that "according to my resume, they had a job that they were filling, if I was interested, I should log onto Jobnab.com and register." When I got on my computer, I looked up this site and read the reviews for this site. I agree with someone else that made the comment here~~who is going to send you a job offer in the way of a text message~~if anything, they would leave a voice message. That would be the normal thing to do. I deleted the message from my cell phone.

nancym1
12/29/10

Since this came as a text, I was instantly suspicious so I did a reverse search on the phone #, NOT LISTED. Then I googled the name and sitejabber came up.

carolynec
12/23/10

its a scam..dont believe otherwise..ive only posted my resume on careerbuilder.com and if someone tells me i have to register to find out the job THEY think id be great for its Bull $h*t. I'm not registering and giving these idiots my info..did someone say that they get your phone number from craigs list?

tracyf
12/23/10

I got an SMS message and an email from JobNab. I took a quick look at the site and then did like five minutes of research. Conclusion: Obvious scam. Even the BBB gives this site a C-. And that takes some effort for any business to get a bad rating from the BBB. (Important note: The BBB is not a consumer protection agency. They are a pro business public image marketing tool. If a business gets a low rating from the BBB, then there is a serious problem.)
Next I looked for the percentage of satified/dissatisfied users. And I discovered that up to %90 of users have complained about www.jobnab.com.
I immediatly forwarded JobNab's email to the FTC at spam@uce.gov.
Needless to say, I will not be registering with JobNab.

lauras6
12/9/10

I also received a suspicious looking text message and went to the website just to see what it was all about. After looking at it I came to the realization that no one needs you to register to a certain website to offer you a job if they already have your resume with all the pertinant information on it. Sad that people would prey on honest folks just trying to make it in these trying times. Shame on them!!!

lamarz
12/6/10

I just received an unsolicited text mail from these scammers. I recognized the online address from my junk maik. I threatened to report them to the police and havrn't received anything since (fingers crossed).

scottr2
11/12/10

Thanks for the tip about the education question right up front. I was initiallly excited to get an email from Angela King for a consuling position b/c I have been unemployed for a vey loooong time! I thought it might be to good to be true? Peolpe like this who create bogus job opportunities are warped!! People are desperate for jobs and really don't need this BS!

jimi1
11/12/10

I set up notification by CommunicationsJobs.net, which sent me this "job lead." I got as far as the call-for-an-appointment part and was suspicious by then. My wife/job-hunt adviser said it sounded like a scam. "Sterling Employment scam" came up as the SECOND recommendation on Google, and here I am. Thanks for all the info. God, this job searching is such a minefield.

georgem9
11/10/10

I recently had an email conversation with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services. They directed me to inquiry with the Orange County Consumer Fraud with whom has overall jurisdiction about consumer complaints related to within Orange County. They also provided me with a federal website for Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a combined effort of the National White Collar Crime Center and the FBI. Their website is: WWW.IC3.GOV. So, if you feel that you have been unjustly served or tricked into doing something that was not related to the original email that you received from JobNab.com. Make your complaint known with either one of the state or federal agencies.

johnk18
11/2/10

I am always suspicious of comments from "satisfied" clients who proselytize about their experiences for 800 words or more (Barbara). Job seekers should do their due diligence on any firm which advertises their services.

teresam2
10/11/10

I'm so glad I read these reivews before I called, well actually I didn't even call. I got a text message "reminding" me of my scheduled call. Once I read these reviews I sent a "STOP" text and proceeded to get 3 more text messages from them! I hate that all of you had to have this bad experience but I thank you for writing the reviews it saved me A LOT of time that I can now spend on serious job leads

stephr
10/5/10

I did not sign up for this website, and over the span of 24 hours I have been contacted through email, multiple phone calls, and two text messages from "Anne." I do not subscribe to unlimited text messaging--so every text costs me money. I find it extremely unprofessional to be receiving unsolicited text messages, as well as to be contacted through various means when I did not respond immediately to the initial contact (or third, fourth, fifth, sixth or seventh attempted contact). I feel like I am being stalked to register with this company/website. I did click the "Unsubscribe" on the email I received from JobNab, once I realized after the multiple phone calls that it was coming from this company/website. Overall the contact I have received from the company has seemed very much like a scam.

dsr
9/21/10

They are preying on people who need jobs to gain the funds from having us dial the 866 number, and then there is no answer after the initial greeting that ...a Job Nab specialist will be right with you to match you to the correct jobs and ... that the wait will not be long. Ha! I bet they charged me big bucks for every second I let the phone ring!

racheln3
9/16/10

they sent me some BS text saying they had a job open, i felt it was a scam but texted them and got no reply. stupid F**kers

brookej
9/8/10

Somehow this website obtained my cell phone number which I have been careful not to include on resumes. I just received a text message requesting me to register on their website. This is very frustrating as I am trying to find a job, not waste my time with scams!

jasonm7
9/2/10

Google Alec Difrawi. He runs it....as well as careernetwork, sterling, elite staffing, johnson and armel, etc...its all bull to get you back into school.

alemane
8/27/10

This is a scam to get your info to fill your email with back to school ads. and text messages that I have to pay for...

michaw
8/26/10

If everyone feels they are being scammed then I say take action. Your cell can go on a no call list at donotcall.gov. If you still recive text messages report them to the FCC. I fell for it 2 : ( because they sounded like a company working with monster.

What to Do If You Receive an Unwanted Commercial Message on Your Wireless Device
You may file a complaint with the FCC if you receive:
•an unwanted commercial message sent to a wireless device; or
•a telephone solicitation made to a wireless device for which the phone number is registered on the national Do-Not-Call list; or
•any autodialed text message on your wireless device, or an unwanted commercial message to a non-wireless device from a telecommunications company or advertising a telecommunications company's products or services.

There is no charge for filing a complaint. You can file your complaint using an on-line complaint form found at esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm. You can also file your complaint with the FCC's Consumer Center by e-mailing fccinfo@fcc.gov; calling 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) TTY; faxing 1-866-418-0232; or writing to:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554.

melissaa1
8/25/10

nonsense, I think the job is a scam. I called yesterday for a training call and they forgot to do it, so people on the conference call starting talking to each other. Its was like , is this a traning call and people were like oh this is supposed be but, then this lady was like I started doing this in the beginning of August and I've posted about 75 jobs and I haven't generated any money. Then other lady was like I posted 50 jobs and generated no money, no check. I was like oh I posted 2 and I think i'm done. Then I found this website. And yes in the training class, they say you post the job, submit for approval(when verification agent calls employer to see if it is ok to post job), then if approved you can post job for a fee and try to market and sell these jobs. The problem is if after 75 job postings you haven't earned a dime, well , well, well there is some funny business going on here.

wallyw
8/17/10

I had the same pattern as other people who commented. I got a text and replied but after checking the internet realized this site is a waste of most job seeker's time.

t-babyl
8/16/10

I was totally shocked to recieve an text message as a job offer, Who does that? I knew right away that this was a Scam My Message reads: Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job i'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested.YEAH RIGHT- first of all she texted me, I never heard of potential jobs texting, Secondly, I looked the number up and it's unlisted/ I can't think of one company that has an unlisted number( JUDGE FOR YOURSELF,BUT IF YOU ASK ME-THIS HAS SCAM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT)

annd3
8/16/10

The site really takes you no where and after you sign in a few questions then a text later in the day might have something of interest for you..go back to web site and will contact you there. This is a scam repeat THIS IS A SCAM and should be taken down..

melziem
8/10/10

This supposed job site found me thru a job posting on craigslist. A fake company called Sterling Placement had a job posting. I completed the info and they said I could get phone interview right now, so I called thinking it was for a job and got side swiped with this "wanna go back to school" crap. Now my cell phone rings off the hook with these scammers and I am getting bombarded with emails. So watch out for Sterling Placement on Craigslist they give info to those jobnab jerkoffs!!!

joelm4
8/8/10

So I recieved this text telling me "I'm ANNE and based on your resume you match a position that I am filling"... As I need a job, I went along with it didn't recieve a response to my replies... She said register @ job nab I thought what the ****!! So I did in a desperate situation that I am in there was an offer there to be a job scout there was a proccess to set up an interview for a time and date! I don't think that I will follow through with it though after reading the commentary! OH yes contacting you via text is soooooo unproffessional and down right questionable to say the least!! There are a lot of tactics to prey on job seekers now so I will do my home work hope that you do also! Good Luck and happy hunting!

juanj2
8/5/10

Unfortunately, with this economy businesses like Jobnab are trying to take advantage of people in desperate need of work. It's setup really good to get your attention by getting text, emails and a call but in reality it is all a scam. There are more recruiters now then ever before and they are willing to take your money and make it seem legal. I think websites like this who charge should be put down by the feds... What next? It just seems like it's getting worse...

thanap
8/3/10

To my surprise, JobNab still hasn't deleted my account since my request on 8/3/10. I'm still receiving emails. One email was from "John Wilkens" saying that I haven't completed the registration process and they needed me to follow a link to answer some more questions so that they may accurately match me with the most relevant open positions. There was also an email from "Greg Klein" telling me that "they" have reviewed my experience and think I will be the perfect fit for this architectural position, which I have no clue about. It says the email is from career-network.com, which I have never applied or sign up for; and it's in Orland, FL. So I assumed that this has something to do with JobNab. I requested for JobNab to delete my account again today. Hope they get it right this time. Oh gosh,another long wait again.

mm10
8/3/10

Same schtick here- Cell text, entry form, call the number.

Young lady answered quickly.
School questions.
Affirmed a 3 day waiting period for listings in my zip.

I read above, where someone was asked for -and provided- a #SSN. THAT is a red flag. Since that did not happen to me, I won't get all hyper-negative-angry here. No point. Fact is, perhaps they're being creative with this marketing attempt. Better than an email spam I suppose, and if I never hear from them again, probably harmless. Lame-O insurance companies and even worse, nowhere tiny so-called "colleges" and tech schools are laughable if nothing else. Late night TV DeVry...Phoenix...just laugh and keep your spirits up, all. :-) tinyurl.com/marcsguitar

dianep2
8/3/10

They ask for you social security number, which like a dummy I gave them, I called, they ask if I was interested in furthering my education and when I said no I have never heard from them. The girl I spoke with said they would be sending jobs to me in 3 days, it has been over a week and I have not heard a work from them, Just another scam. I have closed all my accounts just in case they are into identity theft.

maryt6
7/25/10

Thanks for all your comments about this site. I was thinking about trying to be a job scout with jobnab but I got very, very nervous at the idea of sending the company a W9 with my social security number on it. This may or may not be a legitimate company but from everything I have read here they are, at the least, extremely unprofessional. I know I was pretty annoyed at going on a training call with them, using my cell phone minutes and having to stay on hold for 15 minutes before the so called training started. Just today, I tried to email one of their managers and was sent a message that there is a "delay" in getting the message to the recipient. So, legitimate company, maybe...poorly run, definitely.

Best Online Employment Agencies Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber