US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

JibJab reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 888-959-1297
Send laughs all year long with 1,600+ eCards!
Join Now

13428 Maxella Ave #363
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA
Tel: 888-959-1297
help@jibjab.com
Send laughs all year long with 1,600+ eCards!
Join Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

petere34
1/24/16

I have sent many cards using this site and friends and family always love them. The fact that you can no longer adjust the shape of the head is kind of lame especially knowing that they use to offer that. Not sure why they removed it but the original heads that I have from when I could do that look much better.

The only other complaint I have is that many of the videos are really low brow male kind of humor (like farting…) I would like to see more videos that might appeal to women.

Overall I would say it has been very positive and fun. Not expensive either given the price of paper cards.

kristinj3
1/15/16

Had an unauthorized charge on my credit card.. I called customer service and she sorted everything out for me refunding the money and making sure I wouldnt be charged again! Love their products just rarely use them! Thank you Vicky for being a fantastic listener and problem solver!

jennyn10
1/2/16

First they didn't tell me that it would auto-renew and charge 18 the second time around. When I canceled they said I would get a refund in 48 hours and I gave them 5 days. I finally emailed and they said they would refund in 7 to 10 days. The worst part is they stole my identity. When I signed up it was with my debit card. Earlier this year my bank issued new cards with new numbers to place the new chip in the cards and my old card was canceled. Somehow without my knowledge jibjab obtained my new card number and charged my new card. They claim I gave them the card number originally which is not possible since I had a different card then. They will steal your identity, don't sign up ever

lupec10
12/31/15

Yes! Rip Offs. I'm contacting the Attorney General's Office in your area. You are all thiefs. Pulling money from members accounts without prior approval. Shame on you. Criminals!

die421
12/31/15

I thought making these little videos was free, until I went to use my card only to get a nsf charge cause they(JibJab) withdrew $18.00 from my account without my knowledge. I do got to thank SiteJabber for this site cause if it wasn't for them I wouldn't of gotten my money back.
**Update: I want to Thank Shannon W. at JibJab for helping me to get my money back so if any of you have the same problem as I did make sure you contact Shannon W. at JibJab. Still had to pay the NSF charge of $25,

joannet12
12/30/15

I just discovered JibJab and think it is great! As long as they don't charge per card, $18 a year is a bargain! We all got tons of laughs out of these videos.

shayo2
12/26/15

I used to make a jib jab of me and my kids every year for Christmas. I think it was like 5 bucks which I thought was fair as I only used it for the holiday. Now they want 28??? Oh hell no. What makes you think I want a year membership? I only want one card! Sheesh, perfect example if greed and reason why I won't be back. Ta ta jib jab

juang49
12/24/15

Heres how to cancel
1. Log in to your paid account.

2. Click ‘my account’ in the top righthand corner, then 'My Info.'

3. Click on 'Membership' and you will be able to 'Edit Auto-Renewal Subscription' here. If you do not see the link to 'Edit Auto-Renewal Subscription, then you have already successfully shut off your auto-renewal.

Once auto-renewal is cancelled, your membership will expire on the end date and your account won’t be charged again.

However if you send 4-5 Christmass cards that cost from $4-$5 each plus postage $18 is not that expensive

carolines32
12/23/15

Used it once a couple of years back and somehow they have managed to bill me $18 out of the blue for nothing. Screw that! Lengthy battle with PayPal to get funds back no doubt!

jonathanm78
12/22/15

they allow you to waste your time editing pictures and then make you pay 18 dollars a year for there crap serviceSCAMMMMMMMMMMM don't do it

drakes1
12/22/15

What the hell happened to you JibJab? You used to be about the humor and sharing fun... now you're all about the almighty dollar. Every damned video I click on is a "member exclusive" - where is the love for having been a "member" of your community since you started, sharing your content and helping build your brand... guess that doesn't count for crap anymore. :(

sharethad
12/22/15

Why not just charge per card?? I was hoping to make a nice holiday card for my family this year and just learned that I have to pay an annual $18 subscription (no other options). JibJab - this is not great customer service. People are screaming that they don't want to commit to an annual subscription, and you're not listening. It's costing you more in the long run. I understand and fully accept the refund policy, it's typical. But I decided not to buy because I don't want to commit to a service annually for $18, especially when I'm only going to use it once or twice. Stop using marketing tactics to lure people like this, very disappointing to say the least.

attiek
12/20/15

My grand daughter thought it was free and made a video it was funny..but she thought it was free and then ended up paying. Face fitting, a preview of the video before you buy, just put the price upfront..$18.00 is not a lot...but make it plain...put the price in the corner of each video and each picture....you would be swamped with business and happy customers...but be up front....I wanted to make one but couldn't find a price..no one wants a pig in a poke..

chrisw140
12/16/15

What a ripoff. How about you tell me it's not free BEFORE I waste my time editing pictures. Not paying for this CRAP!

kyleet
12/16/15

I used to use this and be able to share a video to facebook for free. Now it makes you pay before you can view the video that you personalized and also wont let you share it unless you pay for it. Won't be using JibJab anymore.

manfredp
12/14/15

for me so nice work

heatherd29
12/12/15

$18/£12 for a year... other card companies charge $9/£6 each card. If you use a good resolution photo results are awesome. Downside is... my mate and l have been glued to jib jab site for 3 days sending all our friends clips, they all love them, lm adicted, cant stop watching hilarious results. Im waiting on an email from jib jab to say l have used my fair usage allowance for the year in 3 days hahaha.

lawrenw
12/8/15

What a bunch of scamming $#*!. that's all i have to say everyone else says the rest. thank you for reading.

jce6
11/26/15

Biggest complaint is their sneaky auto billing practices. Yes, I'm sure the disclaimer was in their Terms and Conditions, but they've hidden it in such a way as to know most people would not see it. If they really intended for the auto bill to be a courtesy to help their customers save time, they would put it out there clearly for people to see.
Further all 1 of the 3 Halloween cards I send arrived a week AFTER Halloween and the other 2 never arrived at all.
My bad for trusting them, and my bad for not noticing the 1x per year charge hidden among the hundreds of credit card charges I pay each month. I've cancelled my account as I refuse to do business with a business that believes the only way they can make money is to resort to sneaky, underhanded tactics.
PS I did ask them for a refund of the several years of auto-billing but, as expected, they refused.

elaineb37
10/31/15

$16 a year is a very inexpensive way to send as many birthday cards as I want for a whole year. There are many cards to choose from and I would love to be able to sit down and prearrange for birthdays coming up. BUT it is pretty embarrassing to send what you think is a birthday card when it really is just a promotion for JibJab! It looks like I went cheap and did a free service and sent my family, friends and clients an ad! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE unless you want to send a card to someone who likes getting sales pitches.

paulh153
10/13/15

I wasted my time building a card to be told only at the very end that I had to pay $18 to do anything with it. I saw the "$1.50 per month" thing and thought, OK, thats fair, $1.50 per card. NOPE. They will only bill you $18 for an annual subscription, There is no "monthly" charge or fee, They LIE LIE LIE and try to scam people after they've spent their time, figuring they will sucker enough people.... STAY FAR AWAY ! (like every other review here says! go figure!)

karens133
10/6/15

This is a scam.. I authorized them to charge $1.50 per month.. not $18. I have contacted my credit card company to block them from doing this again.

mg52
10/3/15

I don't like jibjab anymore since they dumbed down the software...now the faces look stupid. You can not fine tune the faces anymore. I might have renewed my subscription if they didn't change their software a few years back.

marcias11
10/1/15

I love to see my friend's smiles when I send them a JibJab video card.
It is so refreshing to know that there is a for profit company out there focused on making people happy, that their primary goal is love! For that alone I'm totally hooked on those dancing heads.
You are the best!

judyb38
9/8/15

I am so mad!! I used Jib Jab a few times in 2012 ! and had no idea until now they were taking money from my account for 3 years! for a yearly membership fee!!! HOW DARE THEY ! I was never told this and want my monies back!

BEFORE YOU DARE TO USE THIS SITE ,,,,JUST BEWARE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT TELLING YOU!! ! AND NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM LISTED ! !! YOU CAN ONLY EMAIL THEM!! HORRID BUSINESS!

heywoodj2
9/8/15

THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL. ITS A SCAM. THEY SAY IT WILL COST 1.50 FOR AN ECARD WHEN YOU SIGN UP AND THEY SLAM YOU FOR A REVOLVING 18 BUCKS.. THEIR CARDS ARE CRAP TOO. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THESE SCAM ARTISTS. OH, AND GETTING A REFUND IS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE,. I WILL HAVE MY CC COMPANY CUT THEM OFF AND REFUSE PAYMENT., UP YOURS WEAKLINGS!

maryd103
7/30/15

The site is a good idea --- however it is now officially fired!!! Completely incompetent execution of concept. I paid for my jibjab birthday card to download and now I get a message that since I paid with paypal I am not in their system. I have been calling for the past hour and no answer at technical support to have them send me a url link.

peggyd6
7/22/15

First, you took away face fitting. Now no more free Holiday cards, which is what brought most of your paid customers to your site to begin with (including my paid membership). I cancelled my account because Jib Jab is now too big for it's britches and thinks their greed will not ruin them. Think again Jib Jab. Your done.

shawnp14
7/1/15

I canceled my membership, they gave me 1 week free, I sent the same card I did before, and they charged me $18 again. I canceled again only to see 3 months later that they lied to me both times for my refunds! LIARS!!!

katec22
6/21/15

I just sent 1 father's day ecard to my dad and didn't realize I had to freaking pay $18 for the subscription, which I'm probably not even going to send another ecard for the rest of the year. So not worth it!!! If they want people to pay for it, then just charge them per ecard and not a yearly subscription, who send ecards everyday anyway?!?

stephenc51
6/18/15

Once you sign up you need to remove their authorization from PayPal. Contacting then to close the automatic renewal didn't work. Got stuck for another $18.

rachelj13
6/12/15

I was charged 18$ and put on auto renew! I have emailed them to cancel and receive a refund. The website is not worth 18$ thats ridiculous!

connien8
6/6/15

Imagine my surprise when I sent a blank card to my good friend on facebook. That's right, I uploaded a photo, and made the "Happy" Card personalized with her and her four sisters, sent it and it sent a blank card.

I've had nothing but problems with their site this year. Last year, it seemed to work fine. I asked for my money back, doubt I'll get it. Any e-card site recommendations? I'm so done with JibJab

peggyr9
5/9/15

O>M>G> WHAT A RIP OFF! I paid, it acts like I haven't, I keep having to change my password. I wrote to them and they gave me a vague set of directions, that didn't work. Seriously, all the trouble and time I've gone to, I'll just kiss my $18 good bye. I should have visited the reviews first. DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY ...IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE STUPID BY THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY.

annw35
4/10/15

Having used JibJab before, I was excited to make a group video for my sister's birthday. After an hour of work, THEN they tell me I have to subscribe for ONE YEAR in order to send this one video. I don't mind paying for the card - that's only fair - I'd pay $5. But I dont' want to give them $18 for one card and with automatic renewal. Also don't log in with Facebook. You've given them access to all your friends, your email, your photos and more. Then I read these reviews and am so glad all I wasted was an hour! BUYER BEWARE!!

isabelc7
4/10/15

this is a scam where you pay $18 membership for the year and then try and make you pay again the next time you try and make a card. When I emailed the help and support team intead of getting the matter sorted i found half an hour later i could not log onto my account at all!!! They now don't even recognise my password. Don't give you money away on this!!!!!!!!!!

lucym23
4/5/15

THE CARDS YOU SEND WILL BE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THEM. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING FOR NON ADVERTISEMENT GREETINGS CARDS ! I HAD TO APOLOGIZE TO MY FRIENDS FOR SENDING THEM BASICALLY JIBJAB ADS. NEVER AGAIN. STAY AWAY. ALSO AUTOMATIC RENEWAL.

lamer
4/4/15

Really, let my niece spend an hour uploading, editing and testing only to have to leave the site because she cant pay; REALLY??? Hope your CEO is PROUD of himself. Bait & Switch - lead the kids along; make them think they are creating something THEN tell them to come up a YEARLY subscription. Classy guys, really classy. Jerks like you teach kids great lessons - dont trust anyone!

Now respond with your crap about how you didnt mislead the kids... Love to hear it.

danc67
2/14/15

I am so glad I came here before subscribing to JibJab. They put in BIG text $1.50 per month. I'm thankful that I read here that stashed away in the tiny print is that they are going to hit you with an $18 subscription for one year with that being on-going unless you specifically tell them within their set period that you do not want it to continue. Having one proclamation in giant print and the real details in fine print is deceitful marketing. If was all object to deceitful marketing, they are going to have to listen.

bd26
2/3/15

misleading advertising. Makes it sound like it's $1.50 to join. Really $18 US and reoccuring annually. Try to contact them to cancel. Left phone on hold for 202 minutes and still no contact. Thank god for Pay PAL. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDITCARD!

Tip for consumers: Avoid JibJab.

pc46
12/30/14

I have to give this bad review because Jibjab took money from my bank account without my authaurisation. I have not use Jibjab this year and why money was taken from my bank money which I do not have. So can you please tell me why money has been take? Please be careful when using this website.

brendam34
12/25/14

Don't be fooled into spending thirty minutes editing photos into your card, only to be told AFTERWARDS that there's a fee to see what you made! Blah!!

janj5
12/23/14

Totally bad. Customer from 2011 and they want 18$ for 1-year membership. I need only make one post card. Disgusting.

brendal18
12/22/14

I am so disappointed :( I used to LOVE Jibjab. They did away with fine tuning, the mouth tool is AWFUL. It doesn't work at all. I'm so upset. What a WASTE of money. I will never use this site again. I am really disappointed that the quality has gone so downhill. :(

Tip for consumers: You will be disappointed. Especially if you've Jibjab before and remember how awesome they used to be.

lilians14
12/22/14

Don't get into this site. It's a waste of time. After editing and cropping and pasting pictures, they'll let u see 5 seconds of the clips and ........ Yes you can't even see the whole things without paying. This site SUCKS! Below zero star for this.

kirstiea
12/21/14

I wish i could give it zero stars! They let you make a video but you cant share it unless you pay for a membership! I wasted like a hour trying to put all the faces just right and when i was done i was so excited for my family to see it but then i couldn't even share it... sucks that all these fun things you could do for the holiday or birthdays come from money hungry businesses!

paulm169
12/21/14

Took away fine tuning of head shapes.
Wont be renewing

heatherj6
12/21/14

I have used jib jab for years to create holiday videos and now after I sign up for another year of fun I find out there is now no fine tuning of face shapes! This is horrible! Why would you guys think this is a good idea?!?!

ch10810
12/19/14

Do not register. Nothing works as described. Nor is it clear that you must pay for a one-full year membership.

ingridy
12/16/14

This site sucks. I paid for a whole year on November, 2013. That was dumb. It was 10 bucks to join the site, I created a few cards for the holiday last Xmas and some for halloween this year and boom when I tried creating a xmas card this year it asked for money again. this monthly subscription thing is a rip off. and the selection of videos are so limited. there isn't a lot of new stuff and it's not creative.

Tip for consumers: dont do it!

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JibJab staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the JibJab staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
JibJab?