US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

peggyr9
5/9/15

O>M>G> WHAT A RIP OFF! I paid, it acts like I haven't, I keep having to change my password. I wrote to them and they gave me a vague set of directions, that didn't work. Seriously, all the trouble and time I've gone to, I'll just kiss my $18 good bye. I should have visited the reviews first. DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY ...IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE STUPID BY THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY.

annw35
4/10/15

Having used JibJab before, I was excited to make a group video for my sister's birthday. After an hour of work, THEN they tell me I have to subscribe for ONE YEAR in order to send this one video. I don't mind paying for the card - that's only fair - I'd pay $5. But I dont' want to give them $18 for one card and with automatic renewal. Also don't log in with Facebook. You've given them access to all your friends, your email, your photos and more. Then I read these reviews and am so glad all I wasted was an hour! BUYER BEWARE!!

isabelc7
4/10/15

this is a scam where you pay $18 membership for the year and then try and make you pay again the next time you try and make a card. When I emailed the help and support team intead of getting the matter sorted i found half an hour later i could not log onto my account at all!!! They now don't even recognise my password. Don't give you money away on this!!!!!!!!!!

lucym23
4/5/15

THE CARDS YOU SEND WILL BE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THEM. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING FOR NON ADVERTISEMENT GREETINGS CARDS ! I HAD TO APOLOGIZE TO MY FRIENDS FOR SENDING THEM BASICALLY JIBJAB ADS. NEVER AGAIN. STAY AWAY. ALSO AUTOMATIC RENEWAL.

lamer
4/4/15

Really, let my niece spend an hour uploading, editing and testing only to have to leave the site because she cant pay; REALLY??? Hope your CEO is PROUD of himself. Bait & Switch - lead the kids along; make them think they are creating something THEN tell them to come up a YEARLY subscription. Classy guys, really classy. Jerks like you teach kids great lessons - dont trust anyone!

Now respond with your crap about how you didnt mislead the kids... Love to hear it.

danc67
2/14/15

I am so glad I came here before subscribing to JibJab. They put in BIG text $1.50 per month. I'm thankful that I read here that stashed away in the tiny print is that they are going to hit you with an $18 subscription for one year with that being on-going unless you specifically tell them within their set period that you do not want it to continue. Having one proclamation in giant print and the real details in fine print is deceitful marketing. If was all object to deceitful marketing, they are going to have to listen.

bd26
2/3/15

misleading advertising. Makes it sound like it's $1.50 to join. Really $18 US and reoccuring annually. Try to contact them to cancel. Left phone on hold for 202 minutes and still no contact. Thank god for Pay PAL. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDITCARD!

Tip for consumers: Avoid JibJab.

pc46
12/30/14

I have to give this bad review because Jibjab took money from my bank account without my authaurisation. I have not use Jibjab this year and why money was taken from my bank money which I do not have. So can you please tell me why money has been take? Please be careful when using this website.

brendam34
12/25/14

Don't be fooled into spending thirty minutes editing photos into your card, only to be told AFTERWARDS that there's a fee to see what you made! Blah!!

janj5
12/23/14

Totally bad. Customer from 2011 and they want 18$ for 1-year membership. I need only make one post card. Disgusting.

brendal18
12/22/14

I am so disappointed :( I used to LOVE Jibjab. They did away with fine tuning, the mouth tool is AWFUL. It doesn't work at all. I'm so upset. What a WASTE of money. I will never use this site again. I am really disappointed that the quality has gone so downhill. :(

Tip for consumers: You will be disappointed. Especially if you've Jibjab before and remember how awesome they used to be.

lilians14
12/22/14

Don't get into this site. It's a waste of time. After editing and cropping and pasting pictures, they'll let u see 5 seconds of the clips and ........ Yes you can't even see the whole things without paying. This site SUCKS! Below zero star for this.

kirstiea
12/21/14

I wish i could give it zero stars! They let you make a video but you cant share it unless you pay for a membership! I wasted like a hour trying to put all the faces just right and when i was done i was so excited for my family to see it but then i couldn't even share it... sucks that all these fun things you could do for the holiday or birthdays come from money hungry businesses!

paulm169
12/21/14

Took away fine tuning of head shapes.
Wont be renewing

heatherj6
12/21/14

I have used jib jab for years to create holiday videos and now after I sign up for another year of fun I find out there is now no fine tuning of face shapes! This is horrible! Why would you guys think this is a good idea?!?!

ch10810
12/19/14

Do not register. Nothing works as described. Nor is it clear that you must pay for a one-full year membership.

ingridy
12/16/14

This site sucks. I paid for a whole year on November, 2013. That was dumb. It was 10 bucks to join the site, I created a few cards for the holiday last Xmas and some for halloween this year and boom when I tried creating a xmas card this year it asked for money again. this monthly subscription thing is a rip off. and the selection of videos are so limited. there isn't a lot of new stuff and it's not creative.

Tip for consumers: dont do it!

jeffm74
12/16/14

I have been a Jib Jab patron for three years. I was excited to see the newer and higher quality videos appear recently until I tried one. The head control just went from being acceptable to trying to fit everyones head into an egg shape. That would work if everyone was a bald man but for everyone else it sucks! If you look at these newly edited heads they have a large white gap around them and look worse then what I could do with traditional scissors and tape. This was done to try and make editing easier for mobile devices because I guess customers with small devices are unable to move a few points around. At the very least there should be an option. I will not be renewing because getting a worse end product is not worth my money.

Tip for consumers: You use to be able to see hair and ears and not have a big white gap. If you don't mind everyone's head looking like it was hacked with an axe around the edges this site is for you!

katac
12/15/14

I just talked to a very rude representative, lecturing me on my paypal account - I sell online, I know how paypal works, thank you - she was just so rude, mean and terrible. ruined jibjab for me once and for all. Account deleted, will never return. Think twice who you hire to represent your company.

dianab20
12/5/14

I am throughly disappointed with JibJab. I bought 2 seperate Santa messages. Filled out the information forms so the children would get a personalised message from Santa. I received an email saying my order was being processed and both messages would arrive on 20th November. The first message was wrong, the child's name was incorrect, and if that was not bad enough they sent the same message twice and I have yet to receive the second one that was paid for. Both lots were credited from my MasterCard one incorrect and one a no show.
I am throughly annoyed at the continued emails I am getting and after sending back the information asked for by another JibJab staff member, nothing is done to resolve this. Oh and get this, a refund is out of the question. So take my money, stuff up one message and don't send the other one. Do not deal with this company. Diana Browne Brisbane

Tip for consumers: Do not deal with these people .

dougj7
11/20/14

This site seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes I create a hilarious video and it gets delivered appropriately. Other times, it doesn't get delivered at all. They've got some kinks they need to work out.

billb52
11/18/14

If you and your Recipients want spamed with 100 of junk emails use this site. It's even in there terms and conditions. I happen to be an unlucky Recipients that didn't sign up for anything.

marthar20
11/14/14

I can't believe they did away with the fine tuning for head shapes. The cards don't look nearly as good as they did a few years ago. Generally changes don't involve the loss of functionality!!!! Very disappointing. I won't be renewing.

nicolep23
11/14/14

I have been very disappointed w Jibjab. Consistently, I send cards that don't arrive and have to resend 2-3 times. That is ridiculous!

lisae20
11/13/14

As it turns out jib jab (what the hell is jibjab anyway?) has been removing funds from my paypal account for 4 years now. I had left a balance in paypal for emergencies when that was exhausted they began removing from my bank account which caused me to become over drawn. So now i am out the $60 and $28 for over draft. $88 bucks! I had never received a notice or a confirmation indicating I had paid for a yearly subscription to this jibjab. I would not have been aware of it at all had they not over drawn my account. How many others have they done this to? They do admit fault but lack accountability saying it was paypal responsibility to notify me. they insist because its been longer than three months and because its paypal they are powerless to issue a refund. Very unprofessional and seriously lacking of integrity. I am still unaware of how my account became connected to jib jab but they had no problem taking my money.

Tip for consumers: do not just assume there are good people out there. stay away from jib jab period.

beckym7
10/30/14

It definitely is a waste of time and then you have to pay for something that you have no control over (I mean the fine tuning of the faces, etc). Also, even the videos I DID make a year or two ago for free are now being blocked. Anyone who wants to look at them or send them, etc has to pay 18/year. AND YES THEY WERE FREE WHEN I FIRST MADE THEM!! And.... back then I was able to view them as much as I wanted. Too bad...

Tip for consumers: Just don't use the site would be my tip.

jh212
10/21/14

Same complaint...Leads you to believe you are paying something reasonable (or a least ala carte) for a card/video, then slams your account for $18... Will dispute this with my bank and Paypal....

Tip for consumers: Look at additional options with other sites...

nicoleg22
10/9/14

Would have been nice if they told you ahead of time, that you can't share without paying. It would have saved me half an hour trying to get everyone's heads perfectly situated.

johns758
10/3/14

I'm also quite disappointed they removed the fine tune of the heads. But I found another site that offers similar functionality

Seems like it's still quite new but looks promising

skorps
9/26/14

Like the others says, DO NOT fall for this scam. Absolutely pissed. I wanted to only be charged for however long I wanted it, such as 6 months. it says that they will take $1.50 per MONTH. It took $18 out for the whole year. Don't freaking get it, how can they get away with this bull? Gonna try to dispute due to false advertising.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE THE $1.50 OFFER. Stay away. It will take $18.

annew22
9/11/14

JIB JAB is a treacherous site. I bought one ecard for $1.99 thank god with paypal and upon checking my transaction I was charged $18.00! I notified paypal and JIB jab of the fraud and cancellation action. Coincidentally, I had signed up with JIB jab through FaceBook and within 2 hrs FaceBook had notified me someone on a computer in New York had tried to hack my FB account!

Tip for consumers: NO no no no no no !!!!

jonathanm54
5/28/14

I have never even heard of this site and I did not sign up. I received a notice in my email indicating a name that was not mine and that I was signed up for a auto - renew membership. This is not something I signed up for. I didn't even use the Internet on the day they say my email address was registered. This is definitely fraud. I did not sign up for anything and did not provide any billing info. If they don't clear this up I am going to the BBB and will file a complaint with my State's attorney general.

bobh66
5/15/14

JIBJAB officially sucks! I made a complaint about the cost of their downloads and they cancelled my account. At this rate they'll be out of business soon! They solicit feedback and when it's critical they act like children. Take the ball and go home. How juvenile. This is how you run a business...WOW!?

mirandam3
4/10/14

Don't sign up...Misleading. It says that they have a special and it is 1.50 for 1 month..., they charged me 18.00. You can't even reach them to dispute this. I just called my bank and they are disputing the charges,

joeb109
3/19/14

I have been a paying member for many years. They have very few cards "starring you." Only a few have come out in 5 years. Recently they did away with their method of modifying heads where you can crop them to remove background and set the mouth for motion. Now they just have a peanut shaped mask. The effect is not nearly as gratifying. If they would bring that back and come out with some new and funny cards I would give five stars easily. Such potential, such a let down.

p-s
3/16/14

Same as others... I'm a longtime user/subscribed member of the site ... they changed decreased the functionality of the site ... took away the ability to properly shape the heads, (from user uploaded photos, that are to be superimposed over animated bodies in the video e-cards). And for that reason... I am cancelling my subscription. Decrease in service = loss of customers / loss of interest / loss of a quality & unique site.
What they have replaced that feature with is inadequate & doesn't work

tomr55
3/11/14

i joined then the next day someone charged over $300. on my card. DONT give them your card # !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

db64
2/19/14

Signed up in February 2012. Used the site for just a couple of cards and then was unable to access my account anymore. ?? Couldn't find a telephone number to help me out, so got frustrated! Who imagined that there was a yearly fee that automatically charged me again in February 2013. Somehow I missed seeing the fee on that statement :( Note that I never used the service in 2013.
Now there is another fee of $12 on my February 14, 2014 statement! Tried to cancel by using their "submit a request" and never received a response. Then tried to access my account, no luck once again. Asked for new password, no response. So finally got their telephone number from the Better Business Bureau and called directly to cancel! Their number is 310-664-1971 in California. They said they would reverse the 2014 charge and send me a confirmation.
Automatic renewals should not be allowed without some correspondence with the customer that shows the charge is about to be made or shows receipt shortly following charge with ability to cancel within so many days. I feel I was Jabbed by jibjab!

mattl29
2/14/14

I was trying to make an ecard and came across this site. A few of the personalized videos cracked me up and I was planning to buy one. Turns out you have to do an annual subscription....no way I'm paying $18 for one video. Why is there no pay-per-use option? Also, an adjustable face shape would be nice. Went somewhere else.

gb29
2/10/14

This site provides a variety of amusing content, but your level of interest in that will be subjective and based on your own taste.

I am reviewing this site purely in terms of their business conduct, which I found to be excellent. I am no longer interested in using this site, and unbeknownst to me, I had left it on auto-renewal on an annual basis. When I saw the charge come through, I submitted a cancellation and refund request on their online form. I received a refund within 5 MINUTES of submitting my request. Frankly, anything within a day would've been fine by me, and this was above and beyond.

In addition, when I went into my account profile, there was a clear option to disable auto-renewal, so I was able to do that to prevent further charges before I even received the refund.

I'm not interested in this site's content anymore, but their professional conduct in this matter has certainly made me willing to do business with them again in the future.

ceem
2/2/14

They've ruined it by removing the tools to edit heads. Canceling my sub.

mol96
1/19/14

Very disappointed with the removal of the advanced editing features. Hard to now justify the price. Including the fact that the majority of the templates are not "family friendly"

jeffk31
12/29/13

I hadn't been on the jibjab site in quite a while even though I pay the annual subscription fee. Just went to make some new cards and discovered, like many of the people on here, that I can't edit the head shape of my uploads. My old heads are still in there, nicely contoured, but the new ones look like potato blobs. Very, very disappointed. The videos themselves are still fun, but the interface is now terrible. I will be canceling my subscription.

rivkam
12/26/13

SCAM...Don't sign up...Misleading. It says that they have a Christmas special and it is 1.50 for 1 time...ends up that they charged me 18.00. You can't even reach them to dispute this. I just called my bank and they are disputing the charges, and I am getting a refund. I hate scams, I am going to every site to give a bad review.

cathyd9
12/26/13

I recently signed up for $10/year (Christmas sale) with recurring payments via Paypal (this can be changed in Paypal).

I sent a bunch of cute Christmas cards and look forward to using it for other occasions throughout the year.

But they need to be more transparent as to the cost of membership and downloading videos.

I think is is $24/year one time or $12/year with recurring charges annually, and $1.99 to download the video.

cliffa10
12/24/13

On a previous year I purchased a $12 membership and sent cards until the membership expired. This year I paid the $12 for one card and was asked to upgrade. I have a $12 debit charge on my debit card but they say I had a free membership. Not sure what has happened but it is turning our to be a lot of work and less than a pleasure.

peterw33
12/23/13

This site blows worse than a drunk Asian hooker on a typhooned deserted island. Stay away, far...far...away!

juliec23
12/23/13

I just tried to upload my family photos to the cards four times and each time it gives me a card with their members. $18 dollars and promised me 1500 cards and then asked for $1.99 to see my card when I'm not even sure it will have my personal pictures. SCAM!! I'm going back to Elfyourself.

kayb14
12/23/13

Never suscribe to this site. I bought 1 year membership but impossible to cancel the auto renewal from my JibJap account. I cancelled this option from my Paypal account and now my JibJap account reflect a free membership but i have already paid ! And of course no reply from JibJab.

jamesm160
12/23/13

I like many of the people here used jibjab and don't recall being charged before. I just sent in my cancellation.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JibJab staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why did JibJab eliminate the edit feature that enables the sender to move the head outline so that the picture fits well? Every card I've made since then looks weird and lopsided. That's why I intend to drop my subscription when it expires. Too bad, since I LOVE the cards!
9/14/13
Answer
virginiab
A: I joined and it said three months free
I did a few e-mails and now they say no more available, do they charge for each e-mail in addition to a dollar a month?
12/9/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: how much more than the $18 charge to join and how many cards can i get
4/4/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JibJab staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for JibJab

No coupon code needed
Shop now at JibJab to save!
Go to JibJab