US Government's NSF

customerservice@ivyexec.com

62 Reviews for IvyExec

▼ Sort by: recent

7/20/14

A great site for MBAs. I was invited to join the website and I wasn't sure how it would work out at first, but I really love it. Good mentoring, interesting webinars, and excellent customer service. If you're getting an MBA, IvyExec is the place for you!

7/13/14

A colleague suggested that I look into Ivyexec.com and what services they might have to offer. Ivyexec presents a stress-free way to further my career with some of the most helpful webinars I've managed to come across. If you're looking for solid, insightful advice on moving forward and improving yourself, your work, and your life then I highly recommend that you consider using their resources.

6/27/14

Totally loved the Ivy Exec experience. From the start, throughout the entire process, the customer service was very helpful. They have great mentors who are there to guide you through out. I was very impressed with the quality of jobs they offer. The webinars are just as useful. It is definitely worth your time , makes your life easier when it comes to reviewing resumes and eventually leading you to the right career.

6/12/14

I really enjoyed Ivy Exec. I didn't sign up for their paid service, but I've used their webinars extensively! They are free and awesome. I couldn't recommend checking them out more

6/8/14

I rarely write online reviews, but i wanted to share my experience with Ivy Exec, as I recently accepted a position with a premier consulting firms, thanks to one of their recruiters who put me in touch with the company. I was out of work for close to 6 months, so this has been a very positive experience for me.

6/5/14

The site prompts you to sign up or join it, but after you do, you get a very lovely message that you have been rejected with no clear explanation as to why.

How can they say they are an Employment Agency when they turn job seekers away?

I then questioned this and received the following:

Thank you for your email. Our professional recruiters rigorously evaluated both your academic background and professional experience. After careful consideration, we were unable to approve you for membership. While we were extremely impressed with your credentials, your background is not the right match for the majority of the opportunities we have at the present time. Thank you very much for applying for membership.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Not the right match? Excuse me!!!

STAY AWAY!!! FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

6/4/14

Had a free all access trial that wasn't useful.
Without warning account gets charged for renewal of subscription, which I don't want or need. No response to anxious mails to IvyExec or to the complaint form.

5/29/14

I love Ivy Exec. The idea of an actually exclusive job board really appeals to me! I used them earlier this year to get my current job. Awesome customer service.

5/23/14

I absolutely loved my experience with Ivy Exec. From the mentorship program to the job advice and postings, Ivy Exec was a great experience!

5/21/14

I don't know how this outfit unscrupulously got me into a $42 monthly auto-renew which they kept taking from my credit card which they obtained through credit check. I am employed and do not need any of the sub-par services of this group. I created an account in their site to view the executive positions they advertise. I just caught their scam while reviewing my credit card charges. There's no way to cancel your account or delete your resume at their website. I called them but nobody answers nor call back. This outfit should be reported somehow and get penalized for their scam.

5/20/14

I just completed an intro call with my Career Advisor Nii-Ato. He was helpful and insightful. gave me some tips onhow to improve my resume. He also gave me a link to a recorded webinar on resume writing which had good information as well. So far my experience with Ivy Exec has been great.

5/14/14

Positive reviews are clearly posted by Ivyexec. There is no reason to give up your credit card information to apply for a job. That is ludicrous.

4/30/14

I had a fairly positive experience with Ivy Exec. I absolutely loved the mentoring feature. And it made subscribing to the site worth it.

3/9/14

I signed up for multiple niche job sites in the last few months. This is the only one that let me connect with mentors who are executives at companies I want to work for. After talking to 2 mentors I have some good advice on how to get ahead.

2/25/14

I found a few boutique jobs I liked on there and then while trying to network into those companies I eventually landed my current job. It worked out great at the end.

1/29/14

This review pertains to customer service.

I had trouble signing in so I found their phone number and just called them. A male customer service rep who I think was named Greg answered only after a few rings and walked me through the login process. He took the extra time to tell me about some features I didn't know about.

I am continuing to use the site as I progress with my job search, and will update this review as necessary.

12/23/13

I didn't apply for the jobs on there but I went to a few of their online workshops and used the information from there to refine my approach. After 6 months of working through my network I eventually found a job. So in a way the site worked for me, but not as intended.

12/6/13

My first bad review. I randomly checked my credit card statement today and found a $175 charge from them. Apparently when I signed up for the base subscription 6 months ago there was some fine print telling me I would be charged a regular fee at some point. I received no email or other notification that I was going to be charged or that I was getting moved from free to fee subscription and received no email or other notification that had been charged after the fact These are really shady business practices that I would expect from a scam artist trying to sell me magazines or somesuch not a legitimate job search site.

As for the content on the site - ALL of the jobs are already posted elsewhere on free sites, Indeed, Linked-In, etc, and MANY of the jobs on their site are out-of-date and seem to be there to make it look like they have a bunch of leads.

11/19/13

I've been a free member for years and wanted to provide my feedback. I take advantage of their free webinars when they have them and have gotten enough value from that to keep subscribed to it. I checked out other job site reviews and think that this site isn't perfect but not many other job websites are. We're living in a tough job market and who knows when it will get better. My thinking is that if I can get a leg up by using them, I will.

11/10/13

after finding them on the Inc 500 list I tried them out. i'm currently in LA but thinking about moving to NY. sadly, they didn't have many high quality jobs in my field in LA, but when I checked their NYC postings there were more suitable jobs to pick from. so far I applied to 9 jobs and am count on that using them will pay off.

11/7/13

Another shady internet operation preying of job hunters. Ivyexec acts as a middle man, scraping job postings from different websites and reposting them under their own banner. And try to sell you a membership to their 'premium' plan.

10/23/13

Had a mentorship call through their Mentor network. Now I know what I should do at my job to get ahead. I'm going to follow up with my new advisor over Skype and phone as their system was hard to use, but there would be no way I could get access to my new mentor otherwise. My 2 cents.

10/10/13

My friend told me about the site a while back after I got laid off from my previous job. The main benefit I got out of this site was that when I connected my LinkedIn account with it, I was able to see who in my network worked at the company that posted the job. I just reached out to my network and eventually found a job. I didn't use the site otherwise but I'm glad that in a way it helped me get a job.

9/24/13

I am not looking for a job right now but decided to attend two of their webinars. I wasn't expecting much but the presenters both times were great. I was able to use the advice I got in my current job. TIP: If you go to their blog and click on the Webinar Library, you'll see a lot of their previous webinar recordings for free.

9/23/13

Tried applying for a job via SimplyHired & it took me to Ivyexec.com of which it said I had to register in order to apply for the position. I got a could not be approved for membership email back with some lame reasons. I could care a less about being a member - I just was interested in applying for the job. It was the job I do now - same field, same industry. Are they covering themselves legally - seems that they are discriminating on certain factors....but turning around and sending lame excuses as to why the "membership" was denied. Don't bother with this site - you can most likely find the same job somewhere else.

9/16/13

I was looking for a job in marketing and stumbled on one of Ivy Exec's jobs on Indeed. It ended up not working out with that particular job but I found a few other leads in my specific area of marketing. I, for one, had a good experience.

9/5/13

You will be calling the customer service number because their website isn't very good. Customer service rep is pleasant enough when they can answer the phone but I wonder exactly what they do. Their job board is dated at best or filled with fictional jobs, at worst. Of all of the job sites I have visited, easily the worst.

8/29/13

I had issues with the site when I first started using it. I couldn't login and wasn't too happy. I eventually found their phone number and called. I wasn't expecting much but I guess I came across a really helpful rep who not only helped me log-in, he also made sure I was using the service to it's fullest. That personal touch made a difference to me. More companies should do that.

8/29/13

I applied for a job for which I was eminently qualified (a senior, non-executive job), and was turned down for membership in Ivy Exec. Not that I really care -- since I have a large network of recruiting contacts and am a member of other boards WHERE I HAVE SEEN THE SAME JOBS, but this is ridiculous. False exclusivity worth nothing, really.

Also, as a writer, it's so obvious that most of these positive reviews were not written by real people but by employees of IVY EXEC or hired guns. Seriously -- too well-written, too pat, hit on the selling points of the site one by one. Really, whoever the charlatans are who run this site should at least pay for fake reviewers who can write convincing copy that really sounds like a spontaneous review, not like talking points for the site.

Finally, if IvyExec really extends membership to recent MBA grads, so much for exclusivity. Unless you're a Harvard MBA, that degree is a dime-a-dozen these days and many companies are are deciding that paying more for these people doesn't mean they're getting better qualified people.

8/8/13

I joined over 10 months now through a LinkedIn group for my university. At first I was skeptical if this is right for me but then I realized they have something called their Mentor Network. I got paired up with a version of me, just 10 years older. This executive works at a big company in a position I want to be in one day. Without Ivy Exec I probably wouldn't be able to reach this person. Now he is a mentor I speak to monthly.

7/19/13

Do they recruit or just place ads? I applied for a job and they denied my application with no reason...they said it could be one of three things...how is that helpful.

I'm a headhunter and have been since 1998... don't pay for this service, especially because you could do a search for many of the jobs and find the employer directly...

7/3/13

The session was great! My mentor is a wonderful individual. He recommended that I read a book on the industry. He may also be able to put me in touch with one of his contacts. I am still in touch with him.

I am very happy with this experience and opportunity.

6/2/13

We've been extremely pleased with the ROI we made working with Ivy Exec. Not only did they deliver on a fully customized marketing campaign for in record time, they also worked closely with us to monitor results and follow up on action items we took to increase our performance.  The results exceeded expectations and proved to be one of our most effective marketing vehicles.

5/24/13

They lure you in with a very slick website. However, once you apply and are accepted, then they string you along and you never get close to finding a job.

Waste of time - completely.

5/17/13

I have my first Mentor session on May 24th. The team at Ivy Exec was very professional and helpful throughout the process. Gayle, thank you for helping me pick the right mentors!

5/16/13

Back in 2010 I used Ivy Exec to find my old position at Novell. Since then I moved to IBM, but now that I am back in job search mode I am using Ivy Exec again. I've had a number of interviews and I am hoping to get another job through their website soon. This service has worked for me!

Apprentice Reviewer
5/13/13

great Mentors program. I just completed the first call with my Mentor which was very useful. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I still haven't sat in on the webinars.

4/26/13

I signed up with Ivy Exec through their partnership with Columbia University. So far I've been impressed with the quality of the content and the jobs they offer. I attended one of their webinars on personal branding which was very useful. I've also been applying to director level marketing position and so far I got called by 2 companies (with one I am in second round interview). I haven't had this much traction with other job sites, so I like Ivy Exec.

4/11/13

I recently signed up on Ivy Exec to look for a senior manager / team lead job with a consulting firm in New York. Within 10 days of joining an Ivy Exec recruiters by the name of Kaye-Anne reached out to me with a position that was exactly what I was looking for.

She prepared me for the interview with some useful information. I made it to the final round, and although I didn't get the job, the Ivy Exec team was helpful every step of the way. I've recommended Ivy Exec to a few colleagues who are also looking to make a switch.

4/5/13

What a rip off!! They just want your money and claim to offer 'superior' benefits, but there are so many search engines and free sites, don't waste your time and money!
I would give it 0 stars if I could

2/27/13

Unprofessional, inept, and without merit. Poor communication, mistakes, excuses, failure to deliver on time or as agreed.

1/21/13

They will charge you absurd amounts without any prior notification. Never give them your credit card information for any reason!

9/4/12

If you are a highly qualified, super bright, motivated, disciplined, competitive, and well qualified individual, they MIGHT get you an interview at a company that is already out advertising in the marketplace. But why not just apply to companies directly and cut out the middleman and save yourself the "fee"? Your new employer will thank you for it - and you can take yourself out to dinner with the money you would have wasted paying an agency like this. And don't even THINK about using "IVY" if you are over 50. They won't help at all.

7/17/12

It's a scam.

Got the invitation from my school and registered. After checking the website decided that it was too expensive for what it does and although I cancelled the auto renewal, they still took my money ($250 btw). Tried to contact them but no answer so far.

My advice to anyone is to stay away!

6/26/12

The site is a scam to get you to join their free trial membership and then auto join you to a 3 month subscription. By the time you realize you've been charged the grace period for cancellation has passed and they are only willing to credit you back the additional 2 months which were charged at the discounted rate and hold back the first month at the full rate. They are in the business of collecting 1 month full fee's from unsuspecting business people. The site doesn't provide any additional value to those you get for free (ie. LinkedIn, Indeed, etc....). DO NOT SUBSCRIBE even for the free trial.

6/26/12

Hello,
I am a Corporate Recruiter and realized quickly that the jobs I posted on indeed were being copied onto Ivy Exec's site. I have never talked to these people nor does anyone here have a 'relationship' with them. They will not get any candidate's in front of me faster. In fact, they won't get you in front me at all. You can apply for free through indeed.com. Ridiculous, unprofessional and a downright scam. They need to stop.

6/20/12

Ok, this company is a scam from top to bottom. I recieved the same email several other people has mentioned, targetting MBAs, offering hand-picked jobs.

So I decided to join, since they offered a free month if you add your credit card, so I emptied one card and put it in. The emails that I got, with the supposed "hand-picked" jobs are ridiculously bad.

One they sent me was "Product Manager" for Yahoo, so I was intrigued, and clicked apply, at which point they send me to yahoo´s own career page that is open to anyone, and this was the only job that was even close to match my experience. Others were CEO of this, and Director of that, all of which needs 10-20 years experience when I specifically told them in my profile that I have maybe 3 years tops.

The only way they make money, is by people forgetting to cancel the membership and have to pay the monthly auto-renewed fee.

6/12/12

Any reputable site will let you cancel at any time and refund any unused fees. Ivy Exec's "get lost" policy sums up the type of site they are. Do not give them your credit card details, they will happily help themselves, not send you reminders about billing and then blame you for the charge. Not happy, not impressed.

5/29/12

Very bad experience! And there's no way to contact them afterwards! I too was offered a "free" premium experience with the service. They attempted to bill me for 6 mo. service after that at $166. Sheesh! No contact from this company before or after this attempt. I DID e-mail them and they seem to be shrugging and saying "What are you talking about?" Amazing. AVOID! AVOID!!

4/30/12

Applied for a job they had posted. The following day I received an email saying that I need to "complete my application." Clicked on "complete my application." They wanted money to complete my application. Called IvyExec's marketing phone number. No other phone numbers listed. Asked whether my job "application" had been forwarded to the hiring company. Was told "no." Stay away from this "recruiting company!"

The Best Employment Agency Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber