US Government's NSF

59%
49 W 38th Street Floor 12A
New York, New York, USA
customerservice@ivyexec.com

People interested in IvyExec are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

nearlyn

They are flakes who switch and bait (charge the credit card after offering first month free). (in 15 reviews)

kayalynk

Good mentoring, interesting webinars, and excellent customer service. (in 11 reviews)

johnp188

I have many fond memories of my time working with Ivy Exec while I was on my job search. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mc394
7/14/15

I am extremely impressed with how IvyExec's customer service was able to assist me with an account issue I was having. (Thank you, Kevin!) The matter was handled fairly as well as efficiently.

IvyExec should teach a class on customer service. They certainly know what they're doing!

gracem41
6/29/15

I came across a job position on Ivy Exec that I was very interested in applying to on line and was unable a access the site as I kept receiving an error message thinking initially that I had entered the incorrect password. When I did not receive "password reset" to my E-Mail account I contacted Kevin M Ko at Ivy Exec by scrolling to the bottom of the screen on Ivey exec to "contact us" and saw that they had a direct telephone number to call. After being placed on a very brief hold, Kevin answered quickly and explained that they needed and updated copy of my resume as I was not yet approved and that I had to send him a copy of my resume so that their administrators could review it again. This was because the administrators of this site reviews each person's resume very carefully prior to approving membership to be certain that the services they provide (in this case job postings) so that they match the credentials, educational backgrounds and work experience of the members they are servicing. While I was a bit discouraged that I had not been previously approved, I was impressed that this group is so diligent and screens their clients as carefully as they do. The call was timely and Kevin answered all of the questioned I had thoroughly. I was told that I will receive an E-Mail within 24-48 hours and hopefully I will be approved so that more job postings will be open to my profession which I will have access to. I would also note that some of the positions posted on this site have not been posted on other web sites I have searched making for potential applications.

richardn33
6/29/15

I had some issues with my account and after speaking with Kevin Ko, via email, everything was taken care of immediately. He was extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. Thank you Kevin! You're amazing at what you do.
Richard

of66
6/25/15

Kevin provided wonderful customer service. When I had an issue he picked up the phone and immediately called me. Highly recommend!

tait12
6/23/15

Nii provided excellent customer service and really articulated where the weaknesses were with regards to my CV. He provided clear solutions on how to improve it and avoid colloquial jargon that was a bit passe or even overused. He also provided stylistic advice in terms of how best to structure the CV in light of initial HR resume scans for keywords. His advice was brilliant and I look forward to seeing the traction it brings in terms of my career transition. Thanks Nii and Ivy Exec!

sunnyj3
6/17/15

My staff representative, Nii, was able to accommodate a busy schedule with concise, positive feedback on how to revise my resume. Great interactions and ability to communicate via email, phone, and Skype, very well.

barrym25
6/10/15

The only service provided me by IvyExec so far is a review of my resume. The individual I spoke with provided direct and specific guidance on how to get my resume noticed and read. I agreed with and implemented the changes Now, all I can do is wait and see if I get a better "hit" rate than before.

jeannee2
6/10/15

The Customer Support Team was very helpful when I could not recall my password and responded promptly to my request for assistance.

af177
6/9/15

I am making sure to advertise your service with my friends and colleagues since you do a great job.
Thanks again for your help and understanding.

williamf46
6/3/15

Their service is priceless. I did have a lengthy resume critique with one of their representative, who gave me genuine insights into how I can better present my resume.

stellal9
5/31/15

I recently had my resume reviewed by an IvyExec Career Advisor via phone. I have worked in Human Resources/Recruiting roles and have seen tons of good and bad resume examples. So, I was confident my resume was good, but there is always room for improvement. It was incredibly helpful to have an IvyExec resume expert provide honest feedback and evaluate how I can improve my resume to better communicate my story.

The Advisor was friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and he showed genuine interest in where I wanted to take my career next. He provided specific suggestions on how to showcase my experiences and insights on the industry I wanted to shift my career to. In addition, he even offered to review my resume again after I made changes to make sure I was on the right track.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience with the resume critique and highly recommend this IvyExec service!

saurabhj
5/29/15

Had an interaction with Nii Ato.
Very professional and courteous - provided some good feedback for my CV also.
If it was only he, would have given 5 stars.

They had a lady presenting a webinar on interview handling techniques- was a pretty dismal show. She sent a chapter of one of her books - which had a couple of grammar/spelling mistakes and seemed very over the top.
She takes away the one star.

davidd138
5/28/15

Promptly rejected within 12 hours because they could not approve my application. I have a BS in Pharmacy, an MBA, and I have started 3 successful businesses but I have 28 years of experience in sales and business. Maybe my age is a problem; I'm 50!!!!!
Beware experienced sales execs, your age may be a problem. Isn't this called discrimination?

ronm52
4/23/15

I signed up and was never able to sign on, even with the email help they provide. I finally spoke to a customer service representative who claimed she cancelled my account. A month later I was reviewing my credit card statement and there was a 6-month charge on my card. What a scam company. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau!

nicoler36
4/2/15

I "applied" to be on this site, and was promptly rejected. I was told that that I didn't meet their qualifications. I've been in marketing for 15 years, really?

lawrencer18
3/25/15

Why anyone would pay for this service is beyond me... After signing up for the free month it became fairly obvious to me that 99% of the opportunities can be found on free sites or on the original Company Website, you just need to do some quick related searches to find them.
Of the jobs that were recommended to me, a large percentage were not in my related field, so they were just throwing more darts at the board, rather than focusing on good matches. Relevant jobs sent my way quickly ceased to exist, the allocated account manager was often OOO when I reached out to them, and failed to follow up upon their return, and even the All Access service failed to get me access to certain opportunities.

DO NOT sign up for this service... no matter how desperate you are to get a job...

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT!!!

edwardo105
2/8/15

I received a cold & discriminatory form letter denying my application for representation. I will not be recommending their services. Also found out that they are scamming people out of money. Read all the reviews people!

richards124
1/30/15

I clicked on their button for a job at Calvin Klein to which I am qualified. They responded saying that I didn't have the credentials to "become a member." I wrote them back asking if they'd seen my LinkedIn profile. They responded that they deal mostly in financial industries. Okay, so where's the CK job. I posted on LinkedIn my disdain for the company. My ancestors founded most of the Ivy League. As if... They rejected me, and so now I've broadcast that rejection to my networks. They're becoming infamous by the second. If you encounter them RUN FROM THEM SCREAMING!

Tip for consumers: Run from them screaming!

loup15
12/17/14

1-star for not explicitly stating that new user accounts will be charged money unless they cancel on time. This is a really shady and low tactic for someone clamming to be in the best interest to ivy league execs. More clear honesty in regards to their unethical billing practices would turn the company for the better but sadly, they are choosing the wrong route.

Whoever is at the top of this group of individuals needs to reevaluate what is more important, a healthy & honest business, or a quick digital scam within the recruitment industry. If enough recruiters and scorned users gather together against IvyExec, this company and its employees will forever get tainted within the industry.

TL:DR - Stay away from this company and its employees. They have been having steady complaints against them ever since 2011.

andreww73
12/14/14

A niche product for a niche group of people traditionally under served. It's nice to be able to get career advice and quality job offers that are actually on my level.

My last job search was tough, and Ivy Exec completely saved the day.

mimik5
12/10/14

Yelp.com has penalized IvyExec for their shady self promotion. Go on their Yelp page and see how Yelp has hidden 31 of their reviews which were all between 4-5 stars. IvyExec thought they were slick by posting positive reviews on their own but Yelp caught on and hid all of them.

It goes without saying that IvyExec is a scam. Not only do they steal job leads from independent recruiters (they copy job leads from Monster.com LinkedIn.com and Dice!), they also steal money from their users. I honestly cannot wait till someone takes these criminals to court.

Shame on IvyExec and shame on Elena Bajic for running a criminal enterprise. Sooner or later Americans will rise up and put these Eastern European scammers to end.

I encourage all users who have been scammed by these criminals to go on every review board and warn others.

Tip for consumers: Do not give them any of your information! This is a major scam.

travist13
12/9/14

It boggles my mind that Ivy Exec is forcing their employees to post fake positive reviews. This should tell you all what type of scammers you are dealing with.

All the negative reviews you are reading are true. This company works on a bait n switch method where their recruiters massively spam users on LinkedIn with promises of Elite jobs. Do not be fooled by their employees who are logging in and posting positive reviews. Go on LinkedIn and search for Suisse Romande Network (or go to https://www.linkedin.com/groups/attention-ivyexec-scam-target-SRN-1519037.S.102963274), they have a post over how IvyExec is targeting their network with spam and charging people without telling them.

If that isn't enough, check out complaint board or yelp or maybe just click on them below:

Shame on IvyExec. Sooner or later people will file a lawsuit against you and put you out of business.

Some of these fake positive reviews are down right hilarious. They are calling people dumb. Well, these are the people that IvyExec 'recruiter' so if these users are dumb, what does it say about IvyEec recruiters?

Ivy Exec have no idea how many people they have scammed. These people are preparing an arsenal of multimedia content which will be sent to every networking page possible. Slideshare, LinkedIn, etc. IvyExec is going down and these employees of theirs will have some explaining to do. Criminals stick with criminals.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD.

traviss19
12/9/14

You know what I love the most about reading reviews on the internet? Dumb people. No, I mean it- the thrill of reading poorly thought out, logic defying comments please me to no end!

And so it goes with Ivy Exec. As someone who actually attended an Ivy League school, I loved this service. How many of us have had to deal with scam job posts, or blatantly low offers using traditional job services? When I saw the reviews for IE, I was horrified, then amused.
"They wouldn't approve my application"
"They charged my card."
Do people even read? This is a service for QUALIFIED people. Do you not read how things work? The thought of someone not knowing they would be charged for a service on the internet if they didn't cancel boggles the mind.

Anyway, If you know how to read, Ivy Exec is a great service .

jimp52
12/8/14

Unauthorized charge to my credit card. December 2014.

Tip for consumers: Don't share any information. That is my advice.

slobodans
12/7/14

Warning to all! Ivy Exec is a scam. They charge your credit card without letting you know. They are scammers from Eastern Europe who have multiple complaints against them on Better Bussiness Bureau, Yelp and Complaint Board.

Read this again: They will charge you hundreds of dollars without any prior notification. Never give them your credit card information for any reason. It will end up someplace in Balkans and you will never get your money back.

They steal job leads from other recruiters and disguise them as their own. Then they tell you that you have been 'selected' to view ELITE jobs, and the only way to join their site is to get verified via a credit card. Then, a month later they charge your credit card without telling you.

A bunch of job seekers have been scammed by these Serbian criminals and many of them are joining together to file a lawsuit against Ivy Exec.

I repeat, DO NOT trust them with your information! They will take your money without telling you.

Please warn others!

ivant11
12/6/14

Ivy Exec is a NON ACCREDITED business (multiple complaints on BBB!) that has been stealing money from users.

They spam MBAs with "exclusive" invitations to join... they get these emails by accessing the school's internal directories and stealing the addresses from there.

The jobs they post are copied and pasted from the career pages of top companies, they tell you, you have to pay to apply and then redirect you to the original company site... when you ask what their added value is they say that HR knows those are Ivy Exec Candidates and they get extra attention. This is bs. your resume goes into the same black hole as every other online applicant.

Then they charge you and refuse to give you a refund their excuse is that you had a free trial and you never cancelled...tricky cause they never email alerting you that your free trial is about to be over and you will be charged, if your school negotiated 6 months free after that period whether you like it or not if you don't remember to cancel your credit card is charged for 6 months of service.

If you see the logos of fortune 500 companies on their homepage, you would think those employers use Ivy Exec... not true ... several of these corporations have tried the service for free and were disappointed, Ivy Exec uses those logos without authorization.

They spam people on LinkedIn and bait them by saying in order to view 'elite job posts' they need to use a credit card for verification. They end up charging people hundreds of dollars without telling them. Check out their reviews via Better Business Bureau and notice how they are not even an accredited business!

Multiple complaints do not lie (Especially ones on BBB), do a Google search on 'Ivy Exec scams' yourself and see just how many people have been scammed by these scumbags.

Check it out for yourself and make sure you warn others of Ivy Exec illegal and unethical billing practices.

Americans be warned, your credit card information is being sent to criminals in Serbia. PLEASE warn others over Ivy Exec!

markusp4
12/5/14

This place is run by a bunch of scammers. They told me the only way to join and see job ads is if I get verified via a credit card. OK, no problem there, but then the awful thing happens. They charge you $245 without telling you and without getting your consent.

Job leads? You can find better ones via GlassDoor and LinkedIn

There are numerous complaints about Ivy Execs unethical billing practices. Search Ivy Exec SCAM on Google and see for yourself.

People behind Ivy Exec should be sent to jail for this. Seriously. How the hell do they sleep at night knowing they are willingly scamming people out of money?

STAY AWAY AND WARN OTHERS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. IT IS A BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM!

johns97
11/21/14

This site is sketchy. I was looking through job opportunities on Phds.org and found one I liked. When I clicked apply for the job I was transferred to a marketing page for this site asking me to register before I could get any information about the job.

ronaldb23
11/18/14

I'm not a client of IvyExec.com but I am considering it. I've read all of the reviews here (good and bad). All the bad reviews seem to have 1 thing in common. You "Cheap Charlies" always want something for free. When you don't get it - you think someone is cheating you. These people run a business not a charity and they are not the state employment office. If they are providing a higher quality of service that Careerbuilders.com or Monster.com then they are entitled to charge a few for that. Wake up people. Just because you finished college (presumably) does not mean the world is going to now lavish you with riches and they especially will not do it for free. You are not entitled to ANYTHING more than what you earn. Now stop crying and either play these people for their services or go post your stuff on Monster.com and starve to death waiting by the phone. Networking (the personal kind, not the IT related kind) is definitely a lost job hunting skill. The first generation Y kid who masters it will rule the world.

mikeh81
11/18/14

Their job matching technology is amazing in that it seems to be able to pick THE most irrelevant jobs to my experience. Wow, brilliant job Ivy Exec!

petert60
11/2/14

Really good service. It's incredibly scary trying to find a job by yourself, even if you have good contacts. There's a level of fear that creeps into your daily life when you're attempting to get things back on track in that insidious vacuum. Ivy Exec was a great resource to me when I was out of work last year. The best thing they did was set me up with a mentor.
The only complaint? The price. It seems like a service that is most effective when you have a good job but are looking for a GREAT job.

Tip for consumers: I would see if you can find a coupon code online somewhere. I found one when I initially signed up.

michellep34
10/12/14

This is a great resource for recent MBA grads. Hooked me up with a lot of great opportunities.

peterl72
9/30/14

I LOVE Ivy Exec! This is the site that got me my last job- so I'm forever grateful.

johnp188
9/21/14

I have many fond memories of my time working with Ivy Exec while I was on my job search. I no longer have a membership because I've since found work (thanks Ivy Exec!) but I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone who is well qualified but struggling with their search. The support they give is priceless.

peterm103
9/6/14

Amazing site. My favorite subscription based business. Unlike the other job boards I used, I actually got help guidance and a mentor with Ivy Exec.

Tip for consumers: It's a good service if you have the money for it!

maryj62
8/25/14

Sometimes I get a feeling that the "job search" process changes on a daily base. Everything from writing your resume to interviews just keeps changing and I, and I'm sure that there are many people just like me, think that I can't keep up with it. Over the course of time, I have found an online service with "up to date" information and that's Ivyexec.com. Even though I was sceptic at first, thinking that they're not different from any other site of the kind, I found that their advice is really helpful. All being said, I recommend it to everyone looking for work or just trying to adapt to these constant changes.

samanthaj15
8/20/14

I would like to recommend ivyexec.com to anyone who's looking for a job. You can use it for free or you can become a pro member of their community. I'm very happy with what they have to offer. Their blog is great because they talk about how to properly write a resume, how to make a cover letter and also how to dress up for an interview. There are some things we all know but there are also questions that your colleagues or friends and family can't answer. In my opinion, this is one of few sites which has most of dilemmas covered when it comes to looking for a job. Way to go!

kerrym28
8/17/14

Well, I'm still searching for the career that I will love and I think I'm on good path. I've been checking out employment sites for a couple of years now and I must say that Ivy Exec has so much to offer. Not only the job openings but webinars (which I find most helpful and that you can watch any time) and the blog with so much info. Their blog posts are written by experts in fields and you can find all sorts of helpful stuff. I would recommend it to everyone in search of a job since it can help in figuring out the way you want your career to develop.

Tip for consumers: Check out the blog section!

peterp56
8/10/14

Ivy Exec was a lifesaver when I was switching careers. They set me up with a great mentor, gave me support. And ultimately got me hired.

jonl33
8/2/14

I absolutely loved Ivy Exec! They got me the job of my dreams. My favorite part? The mentor calls. I felt taken care of.

mishele
7/27/14

I accidentaly bumped into ivyexec.com and I must admit I was sceptic at the beginning but everything turned out great at the end. The things I like the most are the free webinars. You can watch them on their website or on their youtube channel. They try to cover all relevant subjects for people like myself, looking for a job or trying to change careers. Other than that, their mentors are great! Give it a try!

kayalynk
7/20/14

A great site for MBAs. I was invited to join the website and I wasn't sure how it would work out at first, but I really love it. Good mentoring, interesting webinars, and excellent customer service. If you're getting an MBA, IvyExec is the place for you!

kimd27
7/13/14

A colleague suggested that I look into Ivyexec.com and what services they might have to offer. Ivyexec presents a stress-free way to further my career with some of the most helpful webinars I've managed to come across. If you're looking for solid, insightful advice on moving forward and improving yourself, your work, and your life then I highly recommend that you consider using their resources.

priyankac
6/27/14

Totally loved the Ivy Exec experience. From the start, throughout the entire process, the customer service was very helpful. They have great mentors who are there to guide you through out. I was very impressed with the quality of jobs they offer. The webinars are just as useful. It is definitely worth your time , makes your life easier when it comes to reviewing resumes and eventually leading you to the right career.

annets
6/26/14

Ah, Ivy Exec. My relationship with Ivy Exec can be described as love hate, but currently in the "love" state.

I first used Ivy Exec about 3 years ago, and was not a big fan. The job postings didn't really fit, and I felt pretty much ignored.

I came back a few months ago, and it was like a whole new service. Wow. High quality job postings, awesome support, and customer service people who got right back to me.

mikes228
6/26/14

I initially signed up for Ivy Exec a few years ago, and didn’t actually enjoy it very much. However, last month I signed up again, and I have to say the website has really changed, for the better!
They’ve expanded their offerings, and I’m very satisfied with their offerings.

chrisp81
6/23/14

I found the site after a friend of mine from business school mentioned it. I checked it out and after going to the site almost daily I was able to find a position at a bank in my city. It worked out for me.

jons65
6/22/14

I tried out this site a while ago when I still lived in the Bay Area. I was looking for finance jobs in San Francisco. At that point I didn't really find the site had that many openings at my level in the area so I canceled my membership. I tried it again a few months ago when I moved to NYC and a had much better selection of jobs. It's my hunch that they are focused more on the East Coast, at least in finance.

ericae6
6/20/14

I have nothing but fondness for Ivy Exec. They were incredibly helpful when I lost my job earlier this year. Initially I was hesitant about the cost, but it ended up being my best decision from that period.

They were attentive, professional, and got me a job the field I was looking for. I highly recommend!

mh47
6/18/14

Customer Service at IvyExec was responsive, direct, and efficient in their actions.

Within 24 hours of my initial e-mail, I had engaged in an exchange with two members of their Community Development Team, GR and KB. Both were courteous, respectful, and professional in their conduct and resolved my personal request promptly.

Based on my experience, I would highly recommend IvyExec's professional development offerings with a special nod towards their Customer Service/Community Development Team.

-MH

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the IvyExec staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: It was very unclear that I would need to pay to review their jobs. Also after I had submitted my resume and was accepted ,I went into my account and Ivy Exec had not given me credit for having a PhD from Columbia University. They reported I had two Masters. I did not find this to be helpful. I think Ivy Exec is trying to take advantage of people looking for jobs, so please explain why I am not correct in my thinking?
4/7/15
Answer
richards124
A: It's a scam to take your money. Run from them screaming!
4/8/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: hello do i need to fill credit card details ?
7/15/15
Answer
ba5586
A: They want you to pay them and they do not know anything about what people have accomplished in their background. They know NOTHING about BANKING, FINANCE, REGULATORY COMPLIANCE, FEDERAL OR STATE LAWS AND RULES. THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY CLUELESS AND YET THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THEM TO FIND YOU A JOB AND THEN THEY WANT THE "Client" to pay them for finding you, what a bunch of bologna! To answer your question, you are spot on.
7/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the IvyExec staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for IvyExec