US Government's NSF

customerservice@ivyexec.com

68 Reviews for IvyExec

▼ Sort by: recent

8/25/14

Sometimes I get a feeling that the "job search" process changes on a daily base. Everything from writing your resume to interviews just keeps changing and I, and I'm sure that there are many people just like me, think that I can't keep up with it. Over the course of time, I have found an online service with "up to date" information and that's Ivyexec.com. Even though I was sceptic at first, thinking that they're not different from any other site of the kind, I found that their advice is really helpful. All being said, I recommend it to everyone looking for work or just trying to adapt to these constant changes.

8/17/14

Well, I'm still searching for the career that I will love and I think I'm on good path. I've been checking out employment sites for a couple of years now and I must say that Ivy Exec has so much to offer. Not only the job openings but webinars (which I find most helpful and that you can watch any time) and the blog with so much info. Their blog posts are written by experts in fields and you can find all sorts of helpful stuff. I would recommend it to everyone in search of a job since it can help in figuring out the way you want your career to develop.

Tip for consumers: Check out the blog section!

8/10/14

Ivy Exec was a lifesaver when I was switching careers. They set me up with a great mentor, gave me support. And ultimately got me hired.

8/2/14

I absolutely loved Ivy Exec! They got me the job of my dreams. My favorite part? The mentor calls. I felt taken care of.

7/27/14

I accidentaly bumped into ivyexec.com and I must admit I was sceptic at the beginning but everything turned out great at the end. The things I like the most are the free webinars. You can watch them on their website or on their youtube channel. They try to cover all relevant subjects for people like myself, looking for a job or trying to change careers. Other than that, their mentors are great! Give it a try!

7/20/14

A great site for MBAs. I was invited to join the website and I wasn't sure how it would work out at first, but I really love it. Good mentoring, interesting webinars, and excellent customer service. If you're getting an MBA, IvyExec is the place for you!

7/13/14

A colleague suggested that I look into Ivyexec.com and what services they might have to offer. Ivyexec presents a stress-free way to further my career with some of the most helpful webinars I've managed to come across. If you're looking for solid, insightful advice on moving forward and improving yourself, your work, and your life then I highly recommend that you consider using their resources.

6/26/14

I initially signed up for Ivy Exec a few years ago, and didn’t actually enjoy it very much. However, last month I signed up again, and I have to say the website has really changed, for the better!
They’ve expanded their offerings, and I’m very satisfied with their offerings.

6/23/14

I found the site after a friend of mine from business school mentioned it. I checked it out and after going to the site almost daily I was able to find a position at a bank in my city. It worked out for me.

6/18/14

I've used Ivy Exec for some time, not as a paid member, but as a consumer of their webinars. Let me be blunt- I LOVE their webinars. I don't know how they convince so many experts to come on board, but they end up getting these high quality people to come on and speak for over an hour.

I've learned about how to improve my resume, perfect an elevator pitch- even how to navigate change in the workplace.

6/18/14

I loved my time with Ivy Exec. I was with them for about 4 months after I lost my last job. They were incredibly helpful and gracious. It took a little longer than I had expected to actually land a job, but despite that, I really enjoyed the service.

I canceled my subscription after I got my current job, but when I'm in the market again, I will definitely come back.

6/5/14

The site prompts you to sign up or join it, but after you do, you get a very lovely message that you have been rejected with no clear explanation as to why.

How can they say they are an Employment Agency when they turn job seekers away?

I then questioned this and received the following:

Thank you for your email. Our professional recruiters rigorously evaluated both your academic background and professional experience. After careful consideration, we were unable to approve you for membership. While we were extremely impressed with your credentials, your background is not the right match for the majority of the opportunities we have at the present time. Thank you very much for applying for membership.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Not the right match? Excuse me!!!

STAY AWAY!!! FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

6/4/14

Had a free all access trial that wasn't useful.
Without warning account gets charged for renewal of subscription, which I don't want or need. No response to anxious mails to IvyExec or to the complaint form.

5/29/14

I love Ivy Exec. The idea of an actually exclusive job board really appeals to me! I used them earlier this year to get my current job. Awesome customer service.

5/28/14

I love Ivy Exec. They got me my current job. They were wildly supportive, and kept me motivated through the whole process. Definitely give them a shot.

5/23/14

I absolutely loved my experience with Ivy Exec. From the mentorship program to the job advice and postings, Ivy Exec was a great experience!

5/21/14

I don't know how this outfit unscrupulously got me into a $42 monthly auto-renew which they kept taking from my credit card which they obtained through credit check. I am employed and do not need any of the sub-par services of this group. I created an account in their site to view the executive positions they advertise. I just caught their scam while reviewing my credit card charges. There's no way to cancel your account or delete your resume at their website. I called them but nobody answers nor call back. This outfit should be reported somehow and get penalized for their scam.

5/14/14

Positive reviews are clearly posted by Ivyexec. There is no reason to give up your credit card information to apply for a job. That is ludicrous.

4/30/14

I had a fairly positive experience with Ivy Exec. I absolutely loved the mentoring feature. And it made subscribing to the site worth it.

3/9/14

I signed up for multiple niche job sites in the last few months. This is the only one that let me connect with mentors who are executives at companies I want to work for. After talking to 2 mentors I have some good advice on how to get ahead.

2/25/14

I found a few boutique jobs I liked on there and then while trying to network into those companies I eventually landed my current job. It worked out great at the end.

1/29/14

This review pertains to customer service.

I had trouble signing in so I found their phone number and just called them. A male customer service rep who I think was named Greg answered only after a few rings and walked me through the login process. He took the extra time to tell me about some features I didn't know about.

I am continuing to use the site as I progress with my job search, and will update this review as necessary.

12/23/13

I didn't apply for the jobs on there but I went to a few of their online workshops and used the information from there to refine my approach. After 6 months of working through my network I eventually found a job. So in a way the site worked for me, but not as intended.

12/6/13

My first bad review. I randomly checked my credit card statement today and found a $175 charge from them. Apparently when I signed up for the base subscription 6 months ago there was some fine print telling me I would be charged a regular fee at some point. I received no email or other notification that I was going to be charged or that I was getting moved from free to fee subscription and received no email or other notification that had been charged after the fact These are really shady business practices that I would expect from a scam artist trying to sell me magazines or somesuch not a legitimate job search site.

As for the content on the site - ALL of the jobs are already posted elsewhere on free sites, Indeed, Linked-In, etc, and MANY of the jobs on their site are out-of-date and seem to be there to make it look like they have a bunch of leads.

11/19/13

I've been a free member for years and wanted to provide my feedback. I take advantage of their free webinars when they have them and have gotten enough value from that to keep subscribed to it. I checked out other job site reviews and think that this site isn't perfect but not many other job websites are. We're living in a tough job market and who knows when it will get better. My thinking is that if I can get a leg up by using them, I will.

11/10/13

after finding them on the Inc 500 list I tried them out. i'm currently in LA but thinking about moving to NY. sadly, they didn't have many high quality jobs in my field in LA, but when I checked their NYC postings there were more suitable jobs to pick from. so far I applied to 9 jobs and am count on that using them will pay off.

11/7/13

Another shady internet operation preying of job hunters. Ivyexec acts as a middle man, scraping job postings from different websites and reposting them under their own banner. And try to sell you a membership to their 'premium' plan.

10/23/13

Had a mentorship call through their Mentor network. Now I know what I should do at my job to get ahead. I'm going to follow up with my new advisor over Skype and phone as their system was hard to use, but there would be no way I could get access to my new mentor otherwise. My 2 cents.

10/10/13

My friend told me about the site a while back after I got laid off from my previous job. The main benefit I got out of this site was that when I connected my LinkedIn account with it, I was able to see who in my network worked at the company that posted the job. I just reached out to my network and eventually found a job. I didn't use the site otherwise but I'm glad that in a way it helped me get a job.

9/24/13

I am not looking for a job right now but decided to attend two of their webinars. I wasn't expecting much but the presenters both times were great. I was able to use the advice I got in my current job. TIP: If you go to their blog and click on the Webinar Library, you'll see a lot of their previous webinar recordings for free.

9/23/13

Tried applying for a job via SimplyHired & it took me to Ivyexec.com of which it said I had to register in order to apply for the position. I got a could not be approved for membership email back with some lame reasons. I could care a less about being a member - I just was interested in applying for the job. It was the job I do now - same field, same industry. Are they covering themselves legally - seems that they are discriminating on certain factors....but turning around and sending lame excuses as to why the "membership" was denied. Don't bother with this site - you can most likely find the same job somewhere else.

9/16/13

I was looking for a job in marketing and stumbled on one of Ivy Exec's jobs on Indeed. It ended up not working out with that particular job but I found a few other leads in my specific area of marketing. I, for one, had a good experience.

9/5/13

You will be calling the customer service number because their website isn't very good. Customer service rep is pleasant enough when they can answer the phone but I wonder exactly what they do. Their job board is dated at best or filled with fictional jobs, at worst. Of all of the job sites I have visited, easily the worst.

8/29/13

I had issues with the site when I first started using it. I couldn't login and wasn't too happy. I eventually found their phone number and called. I wasn't expecting much but I guess I came across a really helpful rep who not only helped me log-in, he also made sure I was using the service to it's fullest. That personal touch made a difference to me. More companies should do that.

8/29/13

I applied for a job for which I was eminently qualified (a senior, non-executive job), and was turned down for membership in Ivy Exec. Not that I really care -- since I have a large network of recruiting contacts and am a member of other boards WHERE I HAVE SEEN THE SAME JOBS, but this is ridiculous. False exclusivity worth nothing, really.

Also, as a writer, it's so obvious that most of these positive reviews were not written by real people but by employees of IVY EXEC or hired guns. Seriously -- too well-written, too pat, hit on the selling points of the site one by one. Really, whoever the charlatans are who run this site should at least pay for fake reviewers who can write convincing copy that really sounds like a spontaneous review, not like talking points for the site.

Finally, if IvyExec really extends membership to recent MBA grads, so much for exclusivity. Unless you're a Harvard MBA, that degree is a dime-a-dozen these days and many companies are are deciding that paying more for these people doesn't mean they're getting better qualified people.

8/8/13

I joined over 10 months now through a LinkedIn group for my university. At first I was skeptical if this is right for me but then I realized they have something called their Mentor Network. I got paired up with a version of me, just 10 years older. This executive works at a big company in a position I want to be in one day. Without Ivy Exec I probably wouldn't be able to reach this person. Now he is a mentor I speak to monthly.

7/19/13

Do they recruit or just place ads? I applied for a job and they denied my application with no reason...they said it could be one of three things...how is that helpful.

I'm a headhunter and have been since 1998... don't pay for this service, especially because you could do a search for many of the jobs and find the employer directly...

7/3/13

The session was great! My mentor is a wonderful individual. He recommended that I read a book on the industry. He may also be able to put me in touch with one of his contacts. I am still in touch with him.

I am very happy with this experience and opportunity.

6/2/13

We've been extremely pleased with the ROI we made working with Ivy Exec. Not only did they deliver on a fully customized marketing campaign for in record time, they also worked closely with us to monitor results and follow up on action items we took to increase our performance.  The results exceeded expectations and proved to be one of our most effective marketing vehicles.

5/24/13

They lure you in with a very slick website. However, once you apply and are accepted, then they string you along and you never get close to finding a job.

Waste of time - completely.

5/17/13

I have my first Mentor session on May 24th. The team at Ivy Exec was very professional and helpful throughout the process. Gayle, thank you for helping me pick the right mentors!

5/16/13

Back in 2010 I used Ivy Exec to find my old position at Novell. Since then I moved to IBM, but now that I am back in job search mode I am using Ivy Exec again. I've had a number of interviews and I am hoping to get another job through their website soon. This service has worked for me!

Apprentice Reviewer
5/13/13

great Mentors program. I just completed the first call with my Mentor which was very useful. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I still haven't sat in on the webinars.

4/26/13

I signed up with Ivy Exec through their partnership with Columbia University. So far I've been impressed with the quality of the content and the jobs they offer. I attended one of their webinars on personal branding which was very useful. I've also been applying to director level marketing position and so far I got called by 2 companies (with one I am in second round interview). I haven't had this much traction with other job sites, so I like Ivy Exec.

4/11/13

I recently signed up on Ivy Exec to look for a senior manager / team lead job with a consulting firm in New York. Within 10 days of joining an Ivy Exec recruiters by the name of Kaye-Anne reached out to me with a position that was exactly what I was looking for.

She prepared me for the interview with some useful information. I made it to the final round, and although I didn't get the job, the Ivy Exec team was helpful every step of the way. I've recommended Ivy Exec to a few colleagues who are also looking to make a switch.

4/5/13

What a rip off!! They just want your money and claim to offer 'superior' benefits, but there are so many search engines and free sites, don't waste your time and money!
I would give it 0 stars if I could

2/27/13

Unprofessional, inept, and without merit. Poor communication, mistakes, excuses, failure to deliver on time or as agreed.

1/21/13

They will charge you absurd amounts without any prior notification. Never give them your credit card information for any reason!

9/4/12

If you are a highly qualified, super bright, motivated, disciplined, competitive, and well qualified individual, they MIGHT get you an interview at a company that is already out advertising in the marketplace. But why not just apply to companies directly and cut out the middleman and save yourself the "fee"? Your new employer will thank you for it - and you can take yourself out to dinner with the money you would have wasted paying an agency like this. And don't even THINK about using "IVY" if you are over 50. They won't help at all.

7/17/12

It's a scam.

Got the invitation from my school and registered. After checking the website decided that it was too expensive for what it does and although I cancelled the auto renewal, they still took my money ($250 btw). Tried to contact them but no answer so far.

My advice to anyone is to stay away!

The Best Employment Agency Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber