US Government's NSF
katw

54 Reviews for Indeed.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/1/14

I find the site to be out of date and when you visit the hiring company's website the posting isn't there.. Just recently a fake job posting form "Chevron Oil and Gas in the UK posted several positions. jobrapido also fell for this scam, which is most likely a phising scam. Not a very useful site and lacks security.

"Chevron United Kingdom
Tel: +447024081594
+447024053226
E-mail: recruitment@chevronoilandgas.co.uk"

3/30/14

I fell for the $50 free offer, and ended up spending $150 for absolutely nothing but wasted time. I advertised for specific experience and qualifications. In return they sent 20-30 listings - NOT ONE had the experience I'd advertised for (landscaping). Mostly they sent clerical, medical, a few mechanics - apparently, anything they could glean off the web. The nicest thing I can say about Indeed is "buyer beware."

3/27/14

Most of their job postings are weeks, even months old, culled from other websites around the 'net. Also, they allow anyone to upload job postings, including phishing scammers, and there is no way to contact them in a reasonable manner in order to alert them to these scammers. They're basically enabling fraud.

3/22/14

After receiving not a single reply to our email below after two weeks (d.d. march 7, 2014):

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Yesterday our foundation (Stichting NuRecht - www.nurecht.nl ) posted 10 vacant jobs on your website in the Netherlands (www.indeed.nl). Hence we normally get a lot of reactions I checked the advertisement today. But when I wanted to sing in I received a message that our account was ‘out of order’.

I contacted your organization by e-mail and also by phone (020-4919500) about this issue. The first employee who answered my call told me that the system of Indeed probably recognized this as some kind of ‘spam’, once I placed the jobs in several cities on the website. - The NuRecht Foundation is a national ‘Law Shop’ that is working only online and therefore is searching for new employees throughout the whole Netherlands and not only in a single city. But there is no option to place these jobs on your website for the whole Netherlands, so I placed it referring to the biggest cities -

The employee ensured me that he would contact the (Privacy) Office in the United States to inform them that these jobs are really vacant, and he promised that probably later today or latest on Monday we could use the account again to post these jobs also again.

Some 15 minutes later someone else called me from indeed from the number +353(1)2543385 with a rather strange story: Even though his colleague had ensured us that our account would be soon functional again, this caller told me exactly the opposite!!! Once the jobs that we posted were concerning voluntary work, he told me that our account would stay ‘frozen’.

Surprised as I was by this sudden change - considering especially what the first representative of Indeed had ensured me (I had also informed him that this was about voluntary work) - I asked this second caller for the reason of this sudden antithesis. He answered me that the Indeed Company normally allows employers to post volunteering jobs, bus only if they are made by organizations like (his example!) the World Wide Fund for Nature. I asked him why, once our foundation is quite comparable to the WWF, and he answered: “That’s because it’s a big company”.

Surprised for the second time by his answer I explained him that our foundation is a foundation that is providing free legal advise, that the Dutch Tax Administration (Belastingdienst) has ranked us as a ‘public welfare institution’ (algemeen nut beogende instelling - you can verify this at: http://www.belastingdienst.nl/rekenhulpen/giften/anbi_zoeken/), that our foundation doesn’t pursue profit-making and therefore should be deemed to constitute as a non-profit organization, that - if he would like to verify this - I was willing to send him all the legal documents to prove this (resolution of the Dutch Tax Administration, our statutes and our legal policy etc.) and that our foundation - considering al these facts - can’t be treated different than a similar (but bigger) organization as the WWF. He answered: “OK, it is not necessary to send me these documents, but you can try it again in a couple of months. Then we will reconsider this matter and then we will judge your case again.”

Surprised for the third time I asked him why this could only be done ‘after a couple of months’ and why not exactly at this moment; the moment that we need new employees? He told me: “Yah, we can’t do that now. If you ask us in a couple of months we can have a look at it again.” I asked again: “Why?” His answer: “We normally just only prefer companies like the WWF to post jobs (similar to what you want to post) on our website. You can try it again in a couple of months, but, yah, I think in fact that also would not help you anyhow, once we simply don’t like these kind of jobs and organizations. So you can try again in a couple of months, but I think you will probably face the same problems then.”

Excuse me?!? I think I consider this to be one of the most ridiculous answers I ever got, since I can’t remember receiving anything like this before. And especially form a big organization like Indeed I would have expected a different and more reasonable answer, not speaking of the fact that this employee seemed to be somewhat ‘agitated’, that he showed to be unable to make a consistent reasoning in his arguments and that his way of explaining seemed to imply that he was more stressing out than willing to be helpful to his customer (our foundation in this case). And after all: 15 minutes earlier we were promised to have our account functional latest on Monday again!

I had a look at the general legal conditions that are used by Indeed. Of course I can see that your company reserves a certain ‘freedom of judgment’ whether to show advertisements from third parties or not. And of course I also had a look at these terms before I placed the advertisements. But - also again - I can’t find any condition concerning voluntary work. As far as I can see there is no article providing Indeed to only allow bigger non-profit organizations like the WWF to post jobs on her website. That - of course - isn’t strange, hence it would imply that your company would like to influence the effect of certain non-profit organizations, by opposing other but similar organizations that seem to be ‘less appreciated’ by Indeed.

Naturally I understand that your company doesn’t pursue to intervene in these kinds of matters, once this most likely (in legal terms) would have to be considered as ‘discriminating’ according to the Dutch and European Law. Therefore I assume this was a more ‘unfortunate’ representation of your company and that you are willing to be more than helpful to solve this unfortunate matter.

What I think I can ask you fairly is at least to explain to me why I got these contrasting answers by employees of your organization, especially after the promise that our account would be functional latest on Monday again. And, if a may speak freely, a small apology would be on its place. But mainly we would like to use our account again, once we need new volunteers at this moment, and not after ‘several months’.

Thanking you in anticipation,

3/20/14

Hey, you guys need to get your $#*! together. When I ask for material/planner scheduler positions I dont expect to see electrical engineering positions or warehousing positions or other positions not even pertaining to my search. Wake up!!!

3/17/14

ummm this is a cool site as well... some good jobs listed... but registering to the site was lil difficult for me

2/25/14

I recently used this website to make a review about the company I'd worked for. Much to my surprise, some time later I discovered that my review was removed or kept hidden obviously because it was so critical. At the same time the site denied my attempt to write another review notifying me that I'd already placed one... Also, I noticed that the number of positive reviews increased tremendously compared to what I'd seen a short time ago. I trust they play up to the company I criticized... This is why I do not think the Indeed.com should be trusted.

2/21/14

I found that "downloading" my resume resulted in only one third of my resume being sent to prospective employers. The "edit resume" option resulted in having to fill in the same information already on the resume...had to contact the employer directly to correct the error......what a waste - have no idea why this site is even in business

2/18/14

We just came across with the information on x-employee who faked resume by addressing those projects which she did't even worked on not they went live . this situation makes up believe it is not easy for one to identify who holds what experience , employees like Anamika Kumari should be fired is recruited by any company or institutions , Most derogatory and dishonest attitude ever , Indeed must start a service to verify or provide recruits on verification of employees before the resume is uploaded.

2/12/14

I am a professional recruiter and have worked for 3rd party recruiting companies for the past 8 years, and have used indeed.com to search for candidates and it was a an okay website, but there is no way to contact candidates, I'd give it a 2 out of 10. Recently I decided to work for myself as an independent recruiter, I worked on a project for a company that does multi-layer marketing. I was kicked off the site for being affiliated with this company. I was denied access to the website for this affiliation. I changed projects a few months later, I was working with several fortune 500 companies on a retained search. I registered my information again on Indeed.com, and quickly got a response from their "Advertising team" that I was denied access. I quickly wrote back that I am no longer affiliated with the company that required a monthly membership fee and told them my new direction in my career. I never got a response back, never got access again. This site is shady, there is no where on the internet where you are denied access for a "free" site. I would not recommend this site to any of my colleagues or any candidates looking for work. Way to go "indeed.com", great way to have gain a good reputation. Don't worry, I have a LinkedIn account, and they do not discriminate who you are or deny access to their "free" website.

2/6/14

dont trust i just got scammed on the damn website thank goodness i did not give the employer my social im doing everythign in my power to let the word be out that swisslife is a crock. they change the names on indeed im guessing everytime they get caught and was researching everything and indeed told me there was nothing they can do even tho they allowed this false company to get others information i got a kid and cant afford for some idiot to have all my information that i put in for a job not for identity problems

1/13/14

Fake resumes ... they just want your money

1/3/14

Bate and Switch with the $50 credit. They say you get $50 credit and if you don't start using it before the 30 days they start billing your credit card. In the billing history it shows 0, but your credit card will still be billed. Also, you get many applicants that have nothing to do with what you ask for.

1/3/14

Total nightmare to deal with. Indeed kept charging fraudulent charges to my corporate credit even after I was told my three different Indeed employees that my account was no longer active.
I had to cancel my credit card to make the charges stop and let the credit card company go after them.

12/11/13

My experience with this site is as an employer, not a job seeker. This site works like a typical organic search - the more relevant your position description is to the search terms entered by candidates, the higher your job ad shows in the results. Sounds good in theory, doesn't work well in practice. The problem here is that job seekers are generally not very discerning and will click on almost any an ad that looks like a possibility. Any experienced hiring manager knows that when you advertise a position, you always get a bunch of junk resumes from folks who are just taking a flyer. The problem here is that you pay for those resumes. I will give them some credit in that their staff will work with you to try to help, but they really have very few technical tools to work with and in the end their advice is always to focus on increasing the volume of resumes and thus increase your odds of getting the right person. But following that advice drastically raises your costs. Their reps have no problem suggesting that your budget should be something like $2,000 per month for a single position. That is ridiculous.

They will tell you that the site works like Google Adwords. I have extensive experience with that system and Indeed.com does NOT work like Adwords at all. Their internal search engine works on relevancy, not bidding on keywords. Yes, you pay for each click, but you don't bid on keywords. The positioning of your ad in the results in more akin to getting a high position in the Google organic search results, then paying when someone clicks on it.

Until Indeed invests in some controls for employers to prevent useless clicks, I don't see where this site will ever be of value to a small business.

12/3/13

For the last several years, I have spent thousands of dollars using indeed.com to find employees. Recently, I discovered that an ex-employee left wrote a negative review about our company and that is the only review about us! I called to verify why this was permitted as I spend a great deal of money on their site and they said anyone with a resume submitted could do that. Of course, typically only the bitter ones do! It has been over a month that I have requested assistance and been ignored. They are not the company they used to be; they got too large and now they are all about profit without any customer service whatsoever.

11/23/13

I must give this site at least 2 stars. Only because indeed makes an attempt to e-mail me a few related jobs in my area. Sadly, it is still very disappointing that the majority of jobs listed are not located any where near where i live. In addtion to that I am receiving job openings that are no where in the range of what I have requested. For example...I applied for child care in special needs and foolishy receiving jobs in accounting! Hello...just for the record I have no interest in accounting. Very Disappointed...Ronnie S.

11/21/13

I posted a job on this site for $50.00. Within 2 hours supposedly I had reached the limit of applicants who "viewed" my posting. Of course, I just have to trust that this actually occurred. I received 9 resumes seemingly at random. Not 1 applicant had the experience I had specified in the add and 8 of the 9 worked in completely different careers - not even close. This is a scam. After reading other reviews, I am now concerned about my card being charged excessively and will have to waste time monitoring this. Stay away from this site. Any other way of finding employees is better than this. This is a complete waste of money.

11/12/13

As a job seeker, I run into a lot of postings that lead me to other search engines and other websites you must register on as well. Honestly, I have wasted too much time; creating user names and then passwords to post the SAME INFO I had to register on the ORIGINAL WEBSITE!!!
I wish all HR representatives and the individuals who create these site have to use them for 2 months to find a job.

11/6/13

HORRIBLE SITE .. do not use .. low quality applicants and the site STEALS YOUR MONEY if you complain about their service .. Kristin was the sales person that started writing "nasty" little notes referring to their policies when I POLITELY but directly said .. I want a refund .. 3rd ad with very poor applicant responses .. then she wrote saying "use our resume service" like I would spend more MONEY with them .. STAY AWAY human resource and recruiters .. ITS A RIP OFF

10/23/13

Stay away from this site. As an employer who spends thousands of dollars annually posting positions on Monster/CareerBuilder/LinkedIn, I gave them a try to fill a Marketing opening. Come to find out the job never actually hit their website because an unnamed "third" party outfit didn't want my positions posted on Indeed. Tried to talk to one of their people David Jurich for help and he was 0 help, completely useless. Stay away and spend your recruiting money with the other companies I mentioned and not Indeed.

10/21/13

I am an employer. I posted jobs with indeed and got ripped off. They charge a very high click rate and then try to swindle you into there optimizer. They also post a free duplicate ad on the same page that only promotes their site while your ad goes un-noticed. They don't provide any value or candidates. Warning to all employers don't use indeed they will charge you a fortune and give you nothing in return.

10/17/13

As a recruiter I do not have many negative things to say about Indeed.com. If you take the time to understand how the site works, it can be a huge asset. I also have a Monster.com account, which after using Indeed.com for over 3-4 months now, I will be deleting my Monster account. I love that I can set limits and amounts for my postings, I control how mush I spend, not the website.
Indeed.com is my top site and I have recruited excellent talent because of them. Do not listen to the badgers out there, if they had over charges it was because they themselves did not take the time to research Indeed.com and therefore got charged more than expected.
Love this website!

10/13/13

Very average...

10/8/13

Indeed.com is a scam. They set up an account to post positions with a "limit" for number of clicks (supposedly people who respond) If you have any issue, you can't get anyone on the phone or to respond to an email. As an employer who intends to hire several positions over the next few months -rest assured I will NOT utilize Indeed.com

10/8/13

Pay per click!!! Warning, this organization is as deceitful as we have dealt with for finding qualified people our business. It's quite the coincidence that a sales rep from Indeed contacts us when our "budget" is almost used up. How many times has he clicked on our ad? I requested a listing of the individual IP address that clicked on our ad and we were refused that information. I asked how many different IP addresses were clicking on our ad and we were told that Indeed.com does not have the capability to determine that. That is an outright lie because that is one of the most basic stats in looking at web traffic. My only conclusion is that indeed has their sales reps clicking on ads to raise revenue. It's a common practice and an illegal one at that. You are better off posting an ad through ebay or Craig's List. Just a word of caution, stay away.

10/4/13

My email has been spam free for over 5 years until I posted my resume on this site. Now I get from 10 to 30 junk spams a day. What ever you do do not post a thing here.

10/2/13

Indeed.com paves the way for agencies seeking to gain information from the highly vulnerable public . This site is crap, very scam friendly! I was eagerly looking for a job like most Of the U.S unemployed population . Came across an office assistant position which later turned into a '"work from home " job . I Was emailed and asked to set up a yahoo messenger ap to conduct an online "interview" which was just used to gain personal info. BE WEARY OF THESE SITES, DO NOT FALL PREY TO THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!!'

8/9/13

I have posted my resume and it's been on the site for about a month now. The only responses that I am receiving are from fraudulent "work from home" scams which are not listed as work from home positions. So far each one that has contacted me has several complaints against them on the bbb website. Indeed.com doesn't review these postings nor do they care that these companies are ruining their reputation. I'm done with this site. It's also frustrating that they do not have a report option in order for us to report this information. It's really sad because during these hard times so many people are falling victim to these fraudulent companies and the websites that claim to be there to help are enabling them.

7/26/13

I posted a job on indeed.com. I paid $75 with my post to expire once that money was used up. Yesterday, about a month after my funds on the site had run out, I had a notice from my bank that my debit card was frozen and a note from the fraud dept. asking if I had made a purchase. Indeed.com had charged my account for over $2,000 which I did not request. When I called the company they said that they were having some "problems with their system". They said they would take care of fixing it. That afternoon I looked at my account on their site and they were listing another withdrawal from my account for another $2,000. Luckily, I had cancelled my card. Later they changed it to a credit of $2,000 for use in my indeed account -- as if I would ever use this company again! My fiance who is a lawyer called them and also sent emails. They still have not fixed the situation. Yesterday after work I went to my bank and filed a fraudulent transaction form. The bank said they will handle it for me. It's a total mess. I would definitely avoid posting jobs on this site or having any financial transactions with them.

7/22/13

Indeed is trolling the web looking for business by offering a "$50" credit for employee search. They charge the poster $0.50 per applicant who responds. Great--I thought I would post a job with a $50 limit and could potentially get 100 resumes to review. They do ask for a credit card number, which I blithely provided. What I didn't realize is that the scam states somewhere in the agreement that the $50 credit is only for the FIRST 30 DAYS. That means, that if you don't get 100 applicants in 30 days, you will see a charge on your credit card for any applicants after 30 days until the $50 limit is reached. Found this out when I questioned a $20 charge on my credit card. The customer service rep stated that she has many irate customers with the same complaint. STAY AWAY from any company with nefarious activity!!!

7/15/13

The job search site Indeed was once a good place to research jobs. It allowed job seekers the opportunity to read and write reviews of employers. They have recently changed their format to require users post their online resume before they could leave a review of current or previous employer. The site even goes as far as censoring material that isn't favorable towards employers. The forum used on Indeed is the least user friendly forum I have witnessed in a long time.

7/9/13

Indeed.com is a waste of money. I get 20 to 40 applications from craigslist from the ad I placed on indeed.com. I didn't receive a single response from Indeed and my money was GONE in 1 day. Complete scam!

7/8/13

My resume information is "site" specific and "position" specific, which means that each place that I apply has a different tapered resume relevant to the job I am seeking. Indeed.Com received a Resume from me & that resume is now on Radaris.com for the entire world to see. This is an absolute violation of my privacy rights. It even has my name on it & I never made my resume public on the Radaris or Indeed sites. I have put in multiple requests from both sites to remove this information. I sent documents to prove my situation, including police reports that I and my children are victims of stalking from my exhusband.

6/2/13

Indeed is a scam. They are fake job postings, for staffing agencies to get your info.

4/22/13

Great job search engine. I love the ability of ineed and how they can find me quality job listing within a click. Highly recommend.

4/22/13

I have been unemployed for almost 3 weeks now. I immediately stated using indeed.com to send out my resume and seek employment. Today I was offered a position I found on indeed. Tomorrow I have an interview for a position I found on indeed. So i have found this site to be very helpful. Indeed.com is totally free so I dont know what this talk about the 50 dollar fee is. My only complaint about this site is that occasionally a search will yield a position that was posted a few weeks back.

4/20/13

I have added two different reviews for two different companies and they did not post them. I suspect that since the reviews were not favorable, it might in some way cause loss of revenue for indeed. I have to guess that indeed.com would rather steer clear of the truth about a company than risk being sued. Don't believe the reviews on the site as they have been hand picked by indeed.com.

4/13/13

I've wasted a lot of time, searching for a job and typing my resume, only to get nothing. I will try a different website. Indeed is a scam!

3/11/13

I had the same experience. I signed up for $50 free services. All but 1 of the 100 resumes I got were even remotely close to what I was looking for. The I noticed charges on my credit card. I'm still trying to get them to stop charging my card and refund the money.

3/1/13

My company usually use different site for job posting but then I came across an advertisement by Indeed saying they offer $50 credit if I create an account. I didn't get good results from other site so I try it out. But then I got so busy that I never looked any resumes came through indeed. I wanted to delete the job but it wasn't easy to find and I didn't want to spent time and also it showed I had balance left so didn't do anything until two months later. Now I see a charge on the company's credit card statement. I inquired about it and they said that the credit expires 30 days after the job posting. Somehow I missed it. However, this information was available only that instance and never appeared again. The customer service agent agreed that that's only time I would see.
I also asked about the balance and apparently the balance represent the charge balance not the credit balance. It didn't make whole lot of sense to me because the charge column was zero. They explained to me that it's previous month charges.

I have two issues:
1. The credit expiration date should be showing under account info/billing info.
This information directly affects how they are calculating the fees and therefore this information should be shown. It's like a voucher without an expiration date or credit card bill without due date.

2. Their website should be more user friendly. The billing summary page should be explained better. If they are going to show total charges from previous billing cycle in the current billing page, they should show previous transactions OR title it better. Instead of just "balance" it should be "charge (fee) balance from last month." Also, it would be nice if there is a way to enter job posting end date. I understand that they charge per click and not by period of time it was advertised, but it's still the useful tool.

My understanding is that Indeed wants more customers and they are giving out $50 credit as an incentive to potential clients. I suspect most of customers who use free $50 credit are new users. The website is confusing and the terms and conditions on $50 credit weren't very expressive. I asked them to refund the charges and they refused. I believe that my request is very reasonable. I obviously did not understand how Indeed works and Indeed does work differently than other sites. There was no way that I would come up with questions such as when does credit expire or what balance mean unless I used Indeed before. It dose make whole lot of sense to me that they offer free credit to attract new customers but then they have awful customer service policy that keeps new customers away. They have absolute no refund policy regardless of the reasons and cases.

7/25/12

Trying to find a ob on this sit is impossible. You click o the job and it takes you to another page. This continues everytime you cick on a ob, never tang yu to the actual job.

4/16/12

This site isn't half bad for the rates they charge, and how you can get job inquiries. I used this to post a job, and got many hits. You can set limits automatically to how much you spend for each posting hit. It works well, and seems a lot more reasonable than something like monster.com. I like the direction of where this website is going.

10/20/11

indeed.com is a job search engine that fetches the relevant jobs from many other job websites and boards. It also allows job seekers to search for jobs in a specific category or profession. Submitting the resume and creating an account allows members to further narrow down their job search to find a suitable job. The idea of the website is very unique and it can be developed more.

9/19/11

suks

Apprentice Reviewer
8/2/11

I don't recommend it. Craigslist is better and thats not saying much.

7/14/11

It's free. It's a wonderful tool for searching for applicable jobs (other than it occasionally refers me to jobs that really don't fit simply as a result of some key words showing up somewhere in the text of the inapplicable job description), including management and executive level positions. I've used it to submit resumes direct to employers. Now if someone can help to get the attention of the companies' recruiters after their "don't call us we'll call you" email response ...

3/29/11

I use indeed.com to look for work. But lately, this website has disappointed me. I would see what company is hiring, and go and get an application. But when I go to get an application, the employer would tell me they are not hiring and never was. Like for example, I went to CVS to apply for two jobs that were listed in indeed.com, and I went to the manager to introduce myself and get a job application. But he told me that indeed.com always places them on their website telling people they are hiring, when really they are not hiring at all. This website shouldn't even be online. I feel they are a scam job website.

11/26/10

It is a good site that shows jobs from other reputable sites like careerbuilder, hotjob, snagajob, job.com, My complaint is they did have a scam site "OFFICE-CREW.COM, which seemed ok at first, but when I received a response to my online application, they asked for a verification screening. Their form / questions were very good, but then the 3rd step was to verify my identity, so they asked for my SS# and a credit card #, which would not be charged but used for a credit report. RED FLAG!! I stopped and reported it to Indeed.com and they removed all of their ads the next day. I also reported it to the Attorney General in Illinois, asking if these fraudulent sites are listed anywhere, and what steps they are taking to remove or alert job seekers from these scams.

9/9/10

Awesome website for internship and job search

About Indeed