US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kevinj74

I very much enjoyed my experience with Indeed in regard to our search for a Customer Service Rep. (in 21 reviews)

johnb426

I have used indeed many times and I love that it helps me keep track of jobs that I have posted to already. (in 60 reviews)

lizk23

I have had a huge selection of qualified candidates apply for my job postings. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

michaelaw3
2/9/16

I am an employer and I use Indeed to post multiple job openings for my company, I have bee using them for about 4 years now. I use to have a lot of good luck with Indeed but lately, they are very hard to use and very frustrating to work with. I do not find it necessary to pay $20/day to post an ad on their website nor do I find it necessary to pay per click as people apply for/click on multiple jobs. I do not understand why Indeed gets to decide if I pay or not for job postings, nor do I understand why I get messages that says my job posting is identical to another when clearly it is not. I am very disappointed with Indeed and their job postings and as an employer, I would recommend to others to look around for different sites to post on as there are ones on there who don't have specific ways you have to word your post in order to post it for free.

carolw70
2/8/16

Someone was so shocked at what they were seeing that they asked me to take a look at a thread on Indeed.com called "Career in Sonography what are your thoughts?"

Okay, so last year i finally did.

Many of the sonographers were at the end of their wits trying to convince people to not go into sonography due to:

Over saturation, no jobs, schools graduating students who are now unemployed, nasty hospital politics, female cliques, low pay, being on call 24/7 "standby" for $2.00 an hour, administrators not caring if doctors call you in for an "emergency" in the middle of the night and you walk in and there 5 or 6 patients that are there for non-emergency cases, - but the doctor doesn't want to learn how to work the ultrasound machines - so you have to do it. People who don't give a damn if you've been up 48 hours - they just want to have a "positive experience" with their OB exam, or people who actually believe that the serious sonographer who did their OB exam is rude, well because she's pretty damn serious. OB u/s is not entertainment in hospitals or out patient clinics. And even worse is when these same patients bring in dysfunctional family members with their kids running around the exam room while the sonographer is trying to concentrate on the exam. And folks it gets worse.

There is a director from Houston, TX named Thomas McGowan that stays in that forum looking for students to recruit to fill his pockets. If you keep telling the truth, he will refute you. Then we have other "members" from other colleges or ultrasound organizations on there literally telling people: "Don't listen to them, they're just being negative".

It's disgusting, why? Because whenever that director from Houston,TX would take personal shots at those who were in the field? Indeed would delete his post give him a good look. And what was worse, most of employee posts were also "moderated" so that people would not know the truth.

McGowan was also demanding their names, and certifications so that they could probably get black balled from the field. Indeed.com should have banned him - but they glossed it over, and put him in a good light. I still couldn't believe it when i saw it.

Forum members exposed that director right there - and guess what? those posts were taken down by Indeed. Hopefully, because it was such a melee at the time, that the moderator didn't get all of the posts taken down.

I also noted something else? Any employer, organization or school that comes on those forums posing as so-called "members" to recruit or sell propaganda, those threads are closely moderated.

If you have threads where it's just employees talking amongst themselves? Indeed doesn't bother with them.

I realized after all of those helpful posts disappear? Something just isn't right about Indeed.

shawns38
2/8/16

Please do not waste your money. As you can see from most of the reviews that this company charges you per click. You have no control over the level of qualified candidates you receive. I am recruiting for plumbers and I get security guards, dish washers. Sometimes I actually get an applicant that is qualified and there is no contact information on the resume.

Run far away. I have since then cancelled my subcriptions and now it looks like they have hijacked my company's name. If I google my company's name with jobs, the first 8 hits I get are from them. If I click on it then they direct you to apply for other plumbing companies.

Some regulatory agency really needs to look into these people.

prikshitb
2/7/16

Last night my employer account on Indeed is suspended.. without any clue. I am not able to access jobs. There was no email or notification given to me. I am not even able to contact their customer service no: 1800-462-5842 (calling from India). This is causing me trouble. No clue what to do.

Ask Prik$#*! about Indeed
valariea1
2/5/16

I posted an ad yesterday and because I didn't receive a single resume, I called INDEED this morning. Was told they "suspended" (or something like that) my listing until they could verify some information. So, I provided the requested info about our company and was told they'd probably have our account/listing up in 3 days. What? Why so long? I asked the rep what would've happened if I hadn't called and asked the question. She said, nothing. I would've just wondered why no responses...very strange way to handle new business this way. There's got to be a follow-up by the company to get the info they need from me, not the other way around. So,I''ll write another review once our account is up and running to see what kind of responses we get.

brettl13
2/3/16

I uploaded a job posting on Indeed and spoke to a customer service representative. We were very clear that our employees had to speak fluent Chinese. The customer service representative said we should put it in the title (which we did). We were willing to pay for great candidates.

We were charged over $800 and received ZERO qualified candidates. Not ONE of the candidates spoke Chinese, even though we put it in the job tile. We were charged just for people looking at our posting. When I called to get a refund or discount, they said they cannot give one at all. Their customer service was horrible.

I would not pay them anything for good candidates. Next time I will go directly to Monster or Linkedin.com.

Tip for consumers: Check the fine print and do not set the $20 per day minimum without knowing what you are getting into.

richieh3
1/31/16

I had 14 applications. Arranged 7 interviews and all but one cancelled at the last minute. The 1 guy who attended interviews lied so much on his CV he could not answer questions

rhem1
1/30/16

I was just SCAMMED by a job I posted to on your site a day ago. I no longer trust the site, this is why I stopped using career builder! UGH!!

Dorit B, Thank you for your response I have emailed you hoping for a different response than:

".......If you do not feel comfortable with a particular employer or company, we recommend moving on to other job listings on the site.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Indeed Support Team"

confidentials
1/29/16

First time user of Indeed. Pleasantly surprised by quality of candidates and the tracking system embedded in the system. Very good customer service as well. Will use again.

abca1
1/28/16

Lots of unqualified traffic, no filters, and a lot of attempts to get more money out of us. We make it clear on our job post that we want only serious inquiries to apply who meet the minimum qualifications, today we had a dishwasher apply to our Electrician Job Post. Ridiculous. IN 8 DAYS $300 OF OUR BUDGET WAS GONE, JUST LIKE THAT; WITH ZERO QUALITY APPLICANTS. Which leads me to believe that there are fake profiles created just to click and apply and burn through our budget. I spoke with Chris Sidor, the Sales Director for Indeed, and he said that at Indeed they focus on job-seekers, and we are here to help people blah blah blah, typical salesmen talk, so I took a look at his LinkedIn profile and he proudly states that he manages a team of Account Executives selling PPC (PAY PER CLICK) advertising to staffing companies in the west coast. He hires, trains and manages the performance in order to INCREASE REVENUE on a quarterly basis. He likes to build relationships in order to UP-SELL current clients. AND he likes to brag that he developed a 6 STEP SALES PROCESS in order to speed up the SALES CYCLE and understand the clients needs. (riiight) All he spoke about was SALES, SALES, SALES, not once did he mention how he really cares about helping people find jobs or employers find qualified candidates. Even if he had though it wouldn't matter because it would be lies to cover up what's really going on right under our own nose and at our expense.
Sabeen Sadiq, an "Account Executive" aka saleswoman, tried hard to get us on a monthly campaign where we would pay $1000-$2000 per month to have more "quality" traffic. Obviously I rejected her campaign, but it is sad to read that some folks fell for their sales tactics.
Indeed is a business, out there to make money, and if someone actually finds a job or an employer makes a good hire then that's a bonus, because as long as Indeed is getting their money, that's all they're really concerned about. And they are creative in their approach to increase their revenue, fake profiles, suggesting monthly campaigns will increase "quality" traffic, adding features for an additional fee, the list goes on.
STAY AWAY FROM INDEED "THE WORLD'S #1 JOB SITE" THEY AIM TO BE #1 IN SALES, NOT JOB PLACEMENT.

With 72% of jobseeker traffic on Indeed monthly, the majority of this traffic unqualified for what they are applying for, Indeed is not doing their best at making sure that quality candidates find real jobs. And asking businesses to position themselves in the sponsored section just means more money for more traffic of unqualified applicants. We’re not on Indeed for consistent job seeker traffic all month that will end up costing us a fortune, we’re interested in quality job seeker traffic. Quality over quantity matters more. Just because I see 12 new applicants doesn’t mean that they are qualified. Indeed is creating the illusion that all their traffic is a good thing when in reality it’s not proving beneficial to the employer; the only ones who benefit are Indeed.
Somebody needs to get off their lazy ass and push for change, they have to know that what they're doing is unethical, but of course there are many people just getting by, selling out and telling themselves that they are happy that their job at Indeed pays their bills so for that reason companies like these exist and thrive. Too many people would rather keep quiet and keep their rotten job than take a stand for what's right.

harmonye
1/27/16

I feel i was very clear in the description of the positions posted. I got an enormous amount of resumes from ppl with no experience and not even in the field of work. Indeed should use a stronger filter so it doesn't cost their customers to look at so many resumes that do not apply to the job or description posted.

joeg91
1/27/16

I put in only 4 questions and one of them was that the applicant 'MUST HAVE A SMOG LICENSE" and got 7 applicants that answered no but still applied and one who outright lied and said yes he has a smog license and up on phone interview, he admitted he did not have one. He was just applying to keep up his unemployment needs. Indeed did get more stupid people trying to apply than the newspaper though. It's not "Indeeds" fault I know.

caseyw20
1/26/16

It was OK.... I had a lot of interest and fell off after a couple weeks. I expected more interest for longer being I sponsored the add. I didn't like that I had to pay for people who applied that were not qualified, even tho I had requirements noted.

I had an ad prior to this about a year ago and did not sponsor. I had almost as much interest then, So by sponsoring the ads in my opinion was not worth the 300.00 I spent

miked170
1/26/16

Although I didn't end up hiring through Indeed, I do appreciated how easy it was to post a job. The response was fantastic... 167 candidates. It was also good to have all the applications through Indeed in one place where I can send automatic responses and change individual applicant's status along the process. However, many of the candidates did not qualify and it was a lot of work to find those who did.

internationalb
1/26/16

I am new to using Indeed to post jobs. I really like the features it has to offer and makes my job easier. Looking forward to using it all the time and learning more.

jiffyl

It was OK.

pegg285
1/26/16

Good response from candidates. Identified a very strong candidate and made employment offer. Site makes it easy to organize resumes. Will use Indeed again.

ccct
1/26/16

Staff was very helpful and we got a good response to the ads.

sferas
1/26/16

Seems to be stronger for Nordic languages.

norcadal
1/26/16

The setup for Indeed job posting was simple and straightforward. However, Most of the applicants we received did not have the basic required experience and qualifications. Indeed could be a better tool if there were better screening/filtering mechanism in place.

pjscountryhouserestauranto
1/26/16

It was unclear to me that I had to discontinue after 3 days and was charged for another few days. The rep did, however, give me a credit. That was nice, except who knows if I'll need to us it. No one who responded was suitable.

markc167
1/25/16

I used Indeed to find a new technician for my shop. I moved the location every few days. I did find a very well qualified candidate. My only issue was all of the responses I got by people that weren't even remotely qualified. Not sure I can blame that on indeed.

benchworksi
1/25/16

We found Indeed both easy to use and intuitive. We also found ourselves able to quickly focus on valid candidates.

goosed1
1/25/16

Extremely disappointing & dissatisfying. None that have responded are Tax Preparers & the job title stated that a min. of TWO years tax experience was a min. requirement. I will be terminating my contract with Ziprecruiter. H.E.Dasinger Owner of Goose Creek Tax Ser., Inc.

avivag1
1/25/16

I received a lot of great candidates for the job we are seeking to fill. I was not clear about the sponsership money and I ended up paying a lot more than I had planned and did not see better results than just doing it for free.

jointn

what more custermer need more than 5 star service

barbaras109
1/25/16

I received good advice and help on positioning our Sales Job opening from my representative. It has yielded a good response. We are in the process of telephone interviews and face-to-face interviews. At this point we have not made any job offers. I expect we will have one to two offers and acceptance.

allisonj23
1/25/16

I would like a couple of additional status choices and the ability to send a mass e-mail to selected applicants.

leslies48
1/25/16

We tried the site first without sponsoring but after a few weeks we decided to sponsor. For the level of sponsorship we chose, we are getting maybe twice as many applicants as before. Only some of the applicants show as a Match on Indeed -- the matching does seem pretty good. However, many of the applicants have not read the job posting carefully and we can't even consider them. This is not the fault of the website, but it has reduced the effectiveness of the job posting.

paulm260
1/25/16

Great website, easy to use, with some quality applicants

twinklea

No comment
Indeed has been the highest return on investment. It attracts a lot of potential candidates and its advertising model is works perfect for businesses of all sizes.

charlesg64
1/25/16

I did not like having to provide private company information to get the account out of disabled status. If you have to have that you should have asked for it upfront so we could have made the decision to post of not before we put our credit card info in.

terryh89
1/25/16

Indeed did exactly as expected. My ad ran, I received many applications with qualified resumes. Unfortunately the finance industry is suffering from a lack of experienced accountants, not just software jockey's and I had to reach out to my network to find someone, but I will definately use Indeed again.

robertf124
1/25/16

Due to the ad I was running I had to pay for the service using a pay per click method. I spent 100 dollar with no likely candidates. Just a bunch of people applying to jobs that don't bother to read the job description.

theodoreb27

Waste of time

mickeym27
1/25/16

I PLACED THE JOB OPENING AND WITH IN A WEEK THE JOB POSITION WAS FILLED. THEAPPLICANT WAS WELL QUALIFIED AND ACCEPTED THE JOB RIGHT AWAY. I HAD A FEW QUESTIONS AND THE SERVICE WHEN I CALLED ON THE PHONE WAS HELPFUL AND VERY FRIENDLY.
I WOULD USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN

yh17
1/25/16

It is just odd the advert has generated some interest with a certain keenness but when we ask the selected candidates for an initial interview they produce lame excuses like
I did not apply for this job (when we have received their CV)
I don't have time too busy
They don't want to do this job
They have a degree in a subject totally alien to the job they have applied for
and so on
So we are not dissatisfied and/or satisfied but still looking for a full time carer
Regards
Y Hall

inurvl
1/25/16

I'm quite sure that either there is problem with your search engine,or it is intended behavior to just maximize profit - i.e. just generate clicks even though the search may not be relevant at all.

essamk
1/23/16

I received lots of resume's from Indeed but 95% of them were not related to what I am looking for. I paid lots of money for people who just want to send their resume for kicks. I this you should have a better filter before you start charging for viewing.

sherylw13
1/22/16

The site gave me access to candidates that were more qualified than what I found from other job sites. My only complaint is that the pricing structure for sponsoring an ad is not very clear. The final cost turned out to be more than I anticipated.

recombinantb
1/22/16

Initially a bit difficult to get into the system but lots of help put me on course. Many good applicants. Easy to manage and of course we have found the right person who will join us shortly. Great success.

cmei
1/22/16

We spent over $800 to post for 2 jobs and only one was filled thru Indeed. We filled the other position via Craigslist for $45 posting.

haus-of-prime-meatsa
1/22/16

We hired two qualified candidates for our Butcher shop by using Indeed. No other job website was as successful and easy to use and monitor as Indeed. Also, a member of the Indeed staff helped me sponsor our job post at a price we could afford. He took as much time as I needed to answer my questions and put the program in place. Very professional and I truly felt not only was he capable, but also wanted to help me. A feeling that should be the norm, but often is not at all the case! Thank you Indeed, we will use your site again when hiring new staff!

dickl12
1/22/16

liked using Indeed web site. Large exposure, reasonable rates, and easy to use!

Ask $#*! about Indeed
teresaw35
1/22/16

I am not impressed with the results I have had. In most cases I believe it is resumes you have on file that you push my way versus someone genuinely interested in the posted job. Over 30 resumes sent to me resulted in 3 actual contacts.

davide100
1/21/16

We posted a job offer and within 48 hours we had all the resume we needed to make a hire!

segwayj
1/21/16

Posting with Indeed was easy and fast. I like that as I wear many hats within our small family-run business.

What frustrates me is the lack of integrity the candidates have when sending their information. Sometimes I wonder why they even both, especially when a job posting requests: "Send us your resume and tell us why you would be a good fit for our company".....and all you get is someone who isn't qualified and/or doesn't send anything other than a resume.

This tells me they aren't confident nor do they meet the qualifications.

Too bad Indeed can't weed these applicants and ultimates reject them via software....perhaps one day.

Our positions are specific - perhaps that is why we aren't getting many to apply despite the fact that our tour guides make more $$$ than most entry-level positions in banks, AD/PR agencies and many other businesses here in Hawaii.

It's a versatile job that takes one outdoors and meets different people from the world over and make lifelong friends too (so many of our guests are repeat at least 40% and request our guides for their next experience).

Oh Well - I know this isn't something Indeed can fix.

Overall it is a good experience.

kene19
1/21/16

many apply they need journeyman license to apply. indeed gave very small credit after calling in and speaking to indeed. The closest applicant was a licensed pipe fitter.

drp9
1/21/16

I was extremely pleased at the number of applicants I received in such a short period of time.

paulm258
1/21/16

I am surprised that we didn't get more qualified candidates. I also think that you should be able to post a job for 10, 15 or 30 days, and get a notification from Indeed that your post is about to expire. Then you can make a decision to continue the job posting or not. This would help to not go over your budget.

45 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Nicky, sorry for the frustrating experience. Can you please email us with your Indeed account email address to sitejabber@indeed.com so that we can look into this? Thank you.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Indeed?