US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kevinj74

I very much enjoyed my experience with Indeed in regard to our search for a Customer Service Rep. (in 24 reviews)

johnb426

I have used indeed many times and I love that it helps me keep track of jobs that I have posted to already. (in 72 reviews)

lizk23

I have had a huge selection of qualified candidates apply for my job postings. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jenniferk93
5/27/16

Barely used this and charged my company 220.41 and I think we got like total of 10 resumes and interviewed 3. Way overpriced. Nowhere to file a complaint looked everywhere for a phone number or email all they have is this 1-800 number that useless. My boss is very angry at me for using this company and the cost. Will not use again.

dawnr33
5/23/16

As an employer, I used indeed to find good qualified employees. First of of all, the cancellation option to terminate your posts was very hard to find and I had to call the 800 # to get help. Secondly, we found someone right away after posting in March. $96 not bad. Then the ad continued to run and my email was inundated with resumes. Not only were they not a match nor even close, they were coming from all over the place out of country. That bill was $496!!! I called to have it reversed and Indeed refused. This is too bad. As a growing company, we will not be using them again.

judys75
5/19/16

Spent a ton of money with zero qualified employees. Called when I realized how much I was being billed...Don't waste your money or time! Wish I had checked this site first!!

reneem14
5/18/16

When I inadvertently created an employer category in my account when trying to reply to someone about a job that they wanted to interview me for, the CSR whose name I stupidly neglected to make note of said he'd disable ONLY the employer part. I made sure to tell him I didn't want the employee section disabled or deleted and he acknowledged he understood. But yet HE WENT AHEAD AND DELETED MY WHOLE ACCOUNT! I COULD NOT LOG IN AFTER THAT. Started to create another account but didn't believe I should have had to after the crap I dealt with and subsequently deleted it. Not worth it. Thanks a heap.

Not sure why they need my email address given my account isn't open now. I started to open it, or well, another one when I couldn't log in after that useless conversation with an inept. "CSR." I guess I'll be trapped for a nice long stretch at the job I'm about to take next week that I don't have a good feeling about. Whatever.

shelinar
5/17/16

This is the worse company I have dealt with. I lodged a complaint with Mark (will not put surname in). About his rudeness and total disregard for customers. They let you advertise freely and then switch you off!! I would have been happy to pay to advertise if Mark had not been so aggressive and made it out as if me giving him money was him doing me a favour!!
I emailed Mark several times to ask why my complaint had not been investigated or me not being provided with the details of his line manager and guess what no response.
Don't bother wasting your money as applicants we get from Indeed a mainly the same as the ones from the job centre site which is free.

steveb186
5/13/16

Advertised with Indeed constantly for over 2 years many months paying £500+ to receive lots of time wasters and totally unsuitable applicants. Advert was suddenly suspended on Monday with not so much as an email or phone call. Apparently their search quality team had received a complaint from an anonymous person with totally false and slanderous allegations. After amending an advert that had been used satisfactorily and without complaint for 2 years they have this morning emailed me to say our account is now permanently closed. So as an employer I would advise anyone thinking of using Indeed to steer well clear, they obviously do not like their customers if they do not even have the courtesy of speaking to me directly about a "complaint" and believing an anonymous person. In the meantime I have over 70 applicants I have invited for an interview and have not the faintest idea if they have received their email, although Indeed have still charged me for this!! EMPLOYERS BEWARE INDEED ARE A TOTALLY UNETHICAL COMPANY.

richards230
5/8/16

For the month of April we received 50 responses at a cost of $500 dollars. After contacting these people not one ever called or came to an interview. If your looking for help try Craigslist. You will most likely have a much better response. They also have no explanation any where on there website as to why it cost so much.

shishirs1
5/7/16

My ID blocked and I cannot afford sponsoring jobs because we are very small company and we recruit oversees. If indeed not blocked my ID help me to grow then I will definitely in future sponsor my jobs by earning some money oversees.

kavit32
5/4/16

I posted a job and sponsored it. I went to check in on it today and found out that my account has been disabled. Indeed did not contact me to let me know this. My job posting is no longer up, and as far as I know it hasn't been up for days. No reason or cause was given to me. Our company has a paid account as well as many other accounts of indeed which is assigned as soon as someone starts with us. In the meantime, I have been using another free Jobsite which has been good and effective.

To add to this, I tried to contact Indeed thru the employer support center just to get no response at all. I've successfully used Indeed before at my old company and most of my counterparts use it here too. I am in disbelief that this is how I am treated. This is absolutely unprofessional. 12 year recruiting veteran.

joelm69
5/4/16

Total rip, spent several hundred dollars on 2 jobs. Not a single applicant had any experience in either job (or even any similar job) despite my posting that experience was required. For some reason, I don't think that Truck driver, customer service rep, assistant pastor, or janitor qualifies someone to operate a waterjet or be a screen printer

triciac9
5/2/16

I posted an 220 Insurance Agent position with Indeed and spent well over $300 in less than 1 month as I stopped the service. The majority of the Candidates that were sent to me were not even remotely qualified. As a matter of fact examples of candidates included, Math Teacher, blank resumes, tax prepares, after care workers.... All at my expense. Their explanation is that I pay per "click" on my add whether qualified or not. This could mean that they have their own people sitting in the office clicking away while I pay for it. This is a TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!! Do not use indeed if you work hard for the money being used to pay for this service.

carlc38
5/2/16

Hi if you are thinking to waste a bulk of your money this is the perfect software to go to is really fraud as this software asking you to add an amount daily but you have to be really careful and watch your bill as you are going to be shocked how fraud in your money ,not Recomended at all

rainbowv
4/26/16

Spoke to a rep who guided me through the process of getting the biggest return on my job posting. I had no idea of the ins and outs of putting a really good ad for a job in our center. I learned a lot and the gentleman was patient and made sure I understood why I was doing it the way he suggested. Indeed is a great resource and doesn't cost a zillion dollars. We've already hired 2 new employees and have a chance of getting one more. I'm sure I'll be using INDEED again in the future.

jacquic8
4/25/16

We were a long time user of Indeed and used the facility with ease and success.

We were suddenly blocked and when we asked why, no explanation was forthcoming, which seemed a bit unfriendly and unfair at the time.

In the meantime, we have been using another free Jobsite which has not been as good or as effective.

As a small profit business we cannot afford on-line advertising. In the past we used the local press and placed inexpensive lineage adverts, which generated good quality enquiries. However, using the local papers is no longer effective since the availability of many on-line Job boards.

Further, unemployed Jobseekers claiming a welfare benefit are now required to seek work up to 35 hours a week and they have to prove they have been actively looking for work and applying for many jobs. Additionally, they can no longer restrict their job search to jobs that are most suitable, they must apply for any job they can do. Sending an email via a Jobsite is perfect evidence to present to the Jobcentre to retain their benefit entitlement.

The impact of this new regime means businesses like ours offering unskilled opportunities receive a significant volume of spam applications, in the region of 90+%. This means a pay per click method does not provide good value for money for those businesses who attract lots of interest (clicks) from Jobseekers, but who are in the main not really interested in the job!

We also have to wade through CVs without telephone numbers or addresses and the few people we do make contact with do not get back to us.

For all the aforementioned reasons, we prefer telephone applications. This approach is expensive in terms of the cost of returning calls and paying someone to handle the enquiries, but it is more effective than wading through the weight of spam emails received. This method, of course does not stop the high volume of unwelcomed spam emails or the PPCs.

We can see that some big businesses making millions in profit are able to use the free facility. We would also love to use Indeed and we are more than willing to resolve any issue or unintentional mistake that we simply were not aware of at the time.

We have attempted to place a new advert for another business and it is not visible.

Many thanks for any assistance or support on offer.

Tip for consumers: Try to explain the problem in a friendly, factual manner.

jasminan
4/19/16

I started looking into the Indeed scam today after reviewing my account and the amount of clicks versus applications. They charged me $ 43 dollars for 4 days after i specifically requested the maximum of $ 5 dollars per day. I just received my business health care license about a month ago and are fairly new so being on a strict budget is essential at this point. Initially it took them a while to approve my business to advertise so i paid for two weeks and received about 25 resumes. Its safe to say half of the applicant din't even bother to call back , while the other 30 % were no call no show to the interview and about 20% actually showed up and out of 20% it safe to say maybe 2 i have considered hiring. I have suspended my post effective today and will not use this site any longer.

Another thing very questionable is the whole pay per click deal.
How are we suppose to monitor the clicks?
Are these Clicks actually real?
We should be provided with the name of the person viewing/ clicking the job posting.
Employers should be charged only per amount of the applicants submitting their resumes and not per click , because we have no way of knowing who is reviewing the job posting, leaving us at the mercy of Indeed to report basically whatever they feel like in terms of click and having to pay whatever they say, even though we agreed to have a certain amount of money set per day and even so they still allow the charges to continue to pile up to $8 or $9 per day without my approval.

After i complained about this , the rep told me not to worry about it at the end of my term it will all amount to an average of $ 5 per day and instructed me to monitor the account daily to ensure I am being charged that amount. Unfortunately with my schedule I am not able to keep tabs on Indeed daily to ensure the accuracy of our agreement. The whole thing just doesn't seem right.

The first time i submitted my job posting with Indeed it cost me about $ 25 dollars give it or take and i received 24 resumes , and 4 days ago i posted again except for this time i only received 1 resume and it cost me twice the amount. Not to mention after i posted for the second time i had to wait again for several days because my account was under review and was asked to call from my business number and send a copy of the bill to verify the business is legitimate. Are you kidding me ? What was the point of sending the copy of my license , just to send the utility bill to verify my business? Complete waist of my time!!! So, Its safe to say i will not be using their services any more and I will certainly share my story with my professional network to ensure my colleagues are aware of my experience with Indeed.com

tj145
4/15/16

I represent a large global agency. I was asked to set up an account on Indeed. Suddenly my account was blocked. I made four calls to Indeed and eventually found out through a third party I was blocked. I spoke with the account rep who stated I will not get an answer why I was blocked but I can read their documentation and try to figure it out. Once I figure it out I will be allowed to appeal? In addition, the team that makes the decision on blocking do not take phone calls to address issues or dispute. I've not been given an opportunity to speak with professionals internally or customer service that will help resolve or assist. 20 year recruiting veteran.

philipl28
4/13/16

We posted a couple jobs recently on Indeed.com. We received tons of resumes but most had absolutely no relevance to the job we had posted, and many were so short as to be useless. We won't use this service anymore.

shantellem
4/13/16

Indeed.com disabled my account of 4/12/16 @ 9:44am. I posted job postings in a few states (same jobs, just different states) on 4/11/16 and received a great response from candidates. A sales rep named Kelly left a message on 4/11/16 wanting to ask if I needed help in my search. After I did not return her call on 4/11, my account was disabled 4/12...After speaking to a rep named Liz, she stated my account was disabled just to verify that it was a legitimate account and that after I sent the required verification documents, that it would be deactivated within 24 hours. I sent everything within 5 minutes and Liz responded that she would expedite this for me. Unfortunately, that was not the case.
Later that day, my Ops Manager and I spoke to Kelly. When I asked Kelly about my disabled account, she responded "oh that's a different department, I don't have anything to do with that department. The reason for my call is to see if I can help you with your search and start a national account". After asking specific questions, Kelly never answered them directly, repeated the same pitch and stuttered terribly with her information. Kelly then brought her Sales Manager Andrew on the phone line who tried to sell us a sponsorship for $8500! When we refused over and over, Andrew then told us that our account would NOT be reactived until we PAID!!! We advised them that the FREE option was chosen and the FREE option got more responses than the pay per click did that we paid for on previous job postings since 2015. Kelly told us that doing it that way that we were wasting money and that's what she was there for was to maximize our search. I advised that I did not trust indeed as how would I know that the amount I was paying for sponsorships was still not enough money to get the views that I needed and that it should be a price structure that matched the number of views. Kelly stated unfortunately it doesn't show that on the consumer end and she apologized for it initially and stated consumers yell at her ALL the time about it. Well, in the end, I too yelled at Kelly for telling me that I had a free trial period and it had ended? I told her I never signed up for a free trial period with indeed but I chose the option to keep my job posting free. We conferences Andrew back on the line and he endorsed Kelly. When asked for upper management and to file a complaint as this was definitely a poor sales tactic to a consumer and truly unfair to discriminate because my job postings (same ones as in 2015) got a huge response from candidates and indeed didn't receive any benefits from it...They are clearly upset that I said NO to them "assisting" me and that I wanted to keep my account free as it was working just fine for my company. We recently sent 4 job offers to candidates that we found on indeed through our job posting back in March but since my count was disabled, I can't update it to show who we selected for the same job postings that was clearly not the problem. Indeed, you have my confidential business documents, my EIN documentation, my receipt for payment of my Annual Renewal with the Georgia Secretary of State. I ask that you don't DISCRIMINATE against employers that choose the free options from the employers that chose the sponsorship option. My account should be deactivated immediately with the same place that it was in when the postings first begin. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and for the integrity of your company.

brianab6
4/12/16

I am fairly new to the job posting section of Indeed, however all the tools are there to make the process easy and efficient. It is simple to use and has gotten me some good candidates and hires so far.

robertv42
4/10/16

Well, it is left up to your interpretation whether Indeed's business practices are a scam or just an elaborate scheme to make money from unsuspecting or uninformed users of their services. According to the Babylon's online dictionary, definition of scam: "A scam would involve a scheme or artifice to deprive another of the intangible right of honest services. It is a plan or course of action intended to deceive others, and to obtain, by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, money or property from persons so deceived." I do no not think that Indeed is doing anything illegal, but they are certainly using some very questionable practices.

Their business concept is rather simple. Indeed generates and reposts job ads mostly from your local government employment offices. So when you post your ad on a free- of-charge government website, you will also start receiving a substantial number of applications from Indeed. Then you start thinking: Why don't I create an account on Indeed and post my job ads directly on their website? It looks simple and its free. You may post one ad and maybe another. Everything is going well and the process looks simple and cost effective to you. However, this is where their scheme kicks in. First you may receive a call from your local Indeeds sales representative, wanting to make sure that things are going well and that you are getting the applicants you require. He/she will at this point do a soft sell, trying to convince you to start using their fee based services by sponsoring your ads in order for your ads to appear on top of their lists. At this point, most employers think that they have a choice of sponsoring or not sponsoring their ads and that they can just continue posting ads for free. Think again. It will not happen. If you refuse to sponsor your ads, chances are, they will not allow you to post any future free ads on their website. Indeed will also take it a step further, they will black-list you and stop reposting your ads from your local employment office as well as any other websites. It is a classic "bait and switch" scenario, although they configured it so that it does meet legal requirements of most countries.

This is their sales pitch:

Post for free*
Post jobs for free and appear in general search results.

Pay to sponsor
Sponsor your jobs for as little as $10/day to attract candidates faster.

However, their legal terms of use state the following:

Indeed or Partners may reject or remove any Job Ad, and Indeed may disable any Employers account, for any or no reason without notice.

They also state in the legal terms of use how they will not post your job or cancel your posting for "this" or "that" reason. My impression is that, as long you pay them, they will post an ad even if you require someone to come to your house every Thursday and scratch your cat's belly.

Don't kid yourself. Indeed is not a charity. They are in this to make money. Either you will pay or you will not be allowed a free ride for a very long time.

So how do we stand up for our consumer rights? It's simple. Beat them at their own game. Deny them the income. Do not create an Indeed employer account. Do not post any job opening on their website unless you are willing to pay their fees. Post your job ad at your local no-fee government sponsored employment website. Indeed will repost the same ad at their website. Free of charge. Indeed will continue reposting your job ads from those websites. For most business' there are no real advantages of posting on Indeed's website directly.

I learned all this the hard way. My company recently spent around $500 in a very short ad campaign with Indeed looking for 50 new employees across the continental USA. We had thousands of so called "views", hundreds of useless applications and ended up with only 4 semi-qualified employees. It was a complete waste of time and money.

After Indeed received our payment, and we stopped "sponsoring" the ad, our account was blocked and black-listed.

Also, please read the reviews on this website. You will notice that most of the so called positive reviews were very short one or two sentence reviews posted in clusters on the same day. I suspect that they were written by the same person or persons in order to offset the negative reviews. I am sure that people in charge of Indeed do not like what they are seeing on here.

From our side, we will spread our message as well as share our experience with Indeed with as many people as we can, by any means possible, including creating a dedicated website dedicated to the matter. This is by no means a personal vendetta against Indeed. They do what they do in order to increase their profits. It is how they do it that's bothersome.

These days, there are way too many companies out there with similar questionable business practices and the only effective way to stop them is to stop using their services.

shirak2
4/10/16

To add to this, I tried to contact Indeed thru the employer support center. The page that asks "What best describes you?", "what do you need help with?", and "briefly describe the issue" is not letting me press "continue." I have tried on multiple browsers. There is no help phone number available or email address I can contact directly. I am a paying customer who has zero access to customer support. My only hope is to post here.

I've used Indeed before successfully at my old company. I am in disbelief that this is how I am treated. This is absolutely unprofessional.

josephz12
4/8/16

Don't contact Indeed directly. Your account will be disabled for no reason.

I liked Indeed, helped us get a couple of candidates, none of whom stayed for a while but I don't blame Indeed for that. We are currently in the need for more employees so started an ad up with Indeed again. I received a couple applicants applying to our positions, however after inspecting there resume a little deeper we found they lived about 2 hours away. This is frustrating because as anyone on Indeed knows you are paying for any person that clicks on your ad. I felt as if I was paying for candidates that were impossible to hire. Being an internet company I figured a setting just needed to be adjusted to get more relevant candidates. I received an email from Indeed the next day and since we are in such need of employees I have been doing multiple jobs and unable to contact them back.

A couple of days later I tried sending an email to a candidate through Indeed only to find out my account was disabled and my ad was taken down. We are in need of candidates RIGHT NOW, to take my ad down without my consent shows such carelessness on the part of Indeed. They could care less if I hire any employees, just make sure your credit card information is up to date. I will be using other sites for now on.

patricel3
4/7/16

We are an employer. It was easy to open an account with Indeed,com. We posted our first job add but did not get any qualified applicant. When we wanted to post another job today, a message said that our company was under review. As owner of my company, I called and was asked many inappropriate questions such as details of all activities of the corporation, why we did not have a website, why I have an email with a name different from our company's name??? and then we were told that we needed to email a document showing an official registration such as our Federal tax number or our Az registration number????
We refused. We have no idea what they would do with a copy of official registration.

shaym17
4/6/16

Applied to one CSR job posting that was fraud, now I am receiving multiple emails from different scammers asking to sign on to google hangout or yahoo messanger to conduct interviews. Indeed, do a better job of filtering out these "job postings"! All of the ones I have seen have the same template, seeking CSR no experience needed pay range is always high $20-$30 an hour. The contact person never has an email address that is tied to the company they claim to work for.

texass
4/6/16

very good
got lots of responses to my ad

gsmr
4/5/16

I have used indeed for a few years and have located several new employees.

The only change I would ask is that all people add what type of work they are looking for.

stretch-n-growo
4/4/16

I have used indeed to hire many staff for different positions and am very pleased and would highly recommend to other company's looking for staff.

outbackr

seemed to help

scottg64
4/4/16

Numerous candidates for a difficult to fill job

lindam253
4/4/16

Generated about 20 resumes in a short period of time. Only one was trying to sell us something.

perkinsp
4/4/16

Spent quite a bit of money with classifieds for mechanics position, with indeed the responses were many more to choose from.

karena86
4/4/16

We were able to choose from a large pool of available candidates. Overall we had a positive experience using Indeed. There was some issue with candidates from too far away or with job skills that did not match what we were looking for, but for the most part all went well.

marketm1
4/4/16

I will never use Indeed again!!!! I was overcharged, I tried to cancel my ads several times in email and discussions with Indeed personnel and still received huge monthly bills. Even though I had specific requirements for my jobs, I consistently received unqualified candidates.

I do not recommend Indeed if you are looking for the right candidates.

nicoles121
4/2/16

Contacted people as I am looking to hire an editor asap, then the next day my account was suspended with no reason. I contacted them, and their exact response was:

"We have reviewed your account but are unable to lift the suspension. You are not able to contact job seekers through Indeed.

Further appeals or related communications for this suspension will not be considered or responded to."

Unbelievable. This shouldn't even be a company. What a farce. They are preventing people on their from being employed.

sandram104
4/1/16

For the amount of views and non qualified applicants the fees were ridiculous. We did not get one good candidate for our job listing. We will never use you for our future listings.

ldsb
3/31/16

I have had over 20 people apply for my listing and whenever I invite them to schedule an interview they never follow up. I have even tried calling some of them and they all seem to find a reason that they cannot come or do not want the job. This is even without an interview or meeting them.
Is there some reason that people apply and do not want to be contacted? Is it just to get unemployment requirements met?

hollyp10
3/31/16

I signed up and submitted my resume and got a call back from the company I applied to the next day to set up an interview. I dont know how the site is supposedly a scam when I got hired to AmericInn through it.

debrac45
3/31/16

we have had a nice turn out, but i guess i should say more than two years experience...

ebss
3/31/16

We placed an add with indeed and was very pleased with using their service.

kimc108
3/31/16

This was our first time to use Indeed and we were pleasantly surprised with the amount of responses we received to our job posting. If needed, we will definitely use Indeed again in the future.

toddg19
3/31/16

better than linkedin and the job sites like monster and careerbuilder.

roushy
3/31/16

Indeed is an excellent resource to recruit new hires. My only complaint is the low functionality of the website. It's very basic, but I suppose you can get the job done.

jennyk28
3/31/16

I didn't receive any qualified candidates that I would consider interviewing even after sponsoring the job, Senior Auditor. Very disappointed in the job applicants.

patrickg47
3/31/16

Indeed is a great way to find the qualified people you are looking for.

ortizg
3/31/16

Very quick responses from the candidates.

eriep
3/31/16

We received many great candidates from our ad that was placed with Indeed.com. We will use them, again, when we have other job opportunities.

danielw87
3/31/16

Received loads of candidates for multiple hard to find roles.
Site has easy tools for communicating with candidates and keeping track of them. Also offers up options to go looking for passive candidates.

mauricej7
3/31/16

Good flow of applicants for my industry.

aarist
3/31/16

I was able to find the qualified staff I needed for a very reasonable cost! I will use Indeed time and time again! Thanks for being there!

kevinh122
3/31/16

The site is great for generating a large number of applicants. My only complaint is that there is no option for adding disqualifying questions so we can filter out unqualified applicants easier.

74 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Matthew, we would need to look into the reasoning behind why your account has been suspended. Please contact us at sitejabber@indeed.com and provide your Indeed account email address so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Renee, we're sorry to hear about your experience with your Indeed account. We'd like to get some additional information on this and help restore your previous account with us. Would you be able to email us at sitejabber@indeed.com so we can assist? Thank you
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other customers.
Indeed?