US Government's NSF

7501 N. Capital of Texas Hwy Building B, Building B
Austin, TX 78731, USA
Tel: +1.2035642400
hostmaster@indeed.com

People interested in Indeed are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronnies14

Only because indeed makes an attempt to e-mail me a few related jobs in my area. (in 35 reviews)

johnb98

It also allows job seekers to search for jobs in a specific category or profession. (in 6 reviews)

rbr1

Ideally, the average rating of the employer would show up at the top of the page showing the job offer. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

anas319
7/28/15

I want to write review for the job it was listed in your site its hello fresh in Chippendale they sound so promising in advertisement but When I went to interview and work I found out it is just commission based job but totally waste they should be open and clear in job advertisement saying its a commission base sale job

suckd1
7/26/15

Indeed can go suck a $#*! like all job boards.

michaelt94
7/24/15

I wouldn't be surprised if the resumes that they send you are just fake resumes that the company drafts on their own. They charge your card without your authorization and they continue to do say for months and months. Their customer service is HORRIBLE. Just stay away. Use craigslist.

indeedb
7/21/15

This site seems to be nothing but a data mining site that likely sell your information. I never received any replies to any jobs I applied for and I am very qualified and have a good resume. The jobs are either old or bogus. The only replies I ever got were from jobs found through other sources. My advice is to not waste your time in Indeed.com or indeed.ca

pamb19
7/20/15

I tried indeed for a while then I got wise when I got no responses...I doubled back on their new listings, checking with the actual company websites for the companies they claimed were hiring. Turned out most WERE NOT HIRING, positions listed were not open. Old listings and listings pulled from other websites.
There is big $$$ in sites selling your email addresses and phone numbers and that is what most of these job search sites are!!!

stevew129
7/19/15

Used Indeed dot com for over one month for sending resumes to prospective employers. A total of 40 + resumes sent to so called employers looking for help but not one single reply...from any of them. I should have read the reviews first and taken some time to investigate this crummy site.
It looks legit from a distance but as time went by it was clear that not any of my resumes made it to the employer. I switched from this cheesy site to a more respectable one and had instant results.
Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this fraudulent site. It will just waste your precious time.

jerryp23
7/15/15

Who to call on job offer

jayakumarr
7/13/15

They keep on calling till we deposit money. After that they just don't pick up the phone. Mr. Sumit Bhatia is the person dealt. They have their office in Noida, India. They are spineless cowards who even avoid speaking. No cheaters . Indian jobseekers pls be aware and avoid them

jessiem43
7/9/15

As an employer who posted a position on the site I was totally dissatisfied. We received no candidate that even remotely matched the job description listed. When I asked to have the account deleted, I was told they will only "deactivate" the account, which essentially continues to store my company information and our credit card details. When I requested to escalate the complaint I was told told to have my lawyer write a letter and was given an address in Austin to do so.

Stay away, there is no integrity here.

teamp2
7/3/15

OMG. Indeed.com is a huge disappointment. They allow people with no business writing reviews to besmudge good companies and they seem to not care about vetting employers or job candidates.

michaelf116
7/2/15

Posted a job listing for $10 on indeed.com Credit card was charged $200. It's a SCAM. Contacting FBI.

Tip for consumers: Don't even think about listing on indeed.com

joec110
6/29/15

I received this email in my inbox (not my spam folder) from someone named Jason Whitman at employers-no replay@indeed.com:

"Subject line: please review your Indeed account contact information.

Dear Client:
Our team is here to help you hire and we want to be able to reach you by phone when necessary. A recent ruling by the FCC requires us to re-verify your phone information and re-confirm your consent to be called if the number you previously provided is a cell phone number. We will not be able to reach you at that number until you complete the following steps:

Please log in to your employer account.
Review the contact information you previously provided.
Review the statement of consent and if you’re okay with being contacted by Indeed at the phone number listed on your account, select “Yes” when prompted to do so.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.

Jason Whitman
SVP of Client Services"

I have no idea who this is or why they contacted me, so I can only assume it's Spam and should've shown up in the spam folder.

Clicked on the unsubscribe button. Opted out of the email. Also left a note in the notes field never to contact me again, and that if they did, Federal authorities will be contacted.

Also reported the email as spam through my provider.

I do not now, nor have I ever had, any account with Indeed. I have never contacted this organization and have no idea how they got my email address. This email from them is unsolicited and I regard it as a scam.

samd73
6/29/15

CV wont upload fully, cutted parts out and would never let me edit it to change it. Stayed like this after multiple times of deleting and re uploading

christophern18
6/23/15

I am a patient guy. I moved to a new town and have been searching for a job since November (at this point it is very late June) I have put in over 60+ places here in this town through this site. I kept telling myself that maybe the economy was really that bad, and that there were no jobs or that there was so many people that were looking that they don't need me. I have called some of these place on Indeed that I have applied for and they tell me "No we aren't hiring, nor are we looking." Thinking that I was not talking to someone that knew what they were talking about I asked if i could get the name of the hiring manager so I could contact them on my own time and see if it was true. Well.. it turns out that they were the hiring manger and that they really weren't looking. So I started to wonder about the other 59 jobs that I had applied for through indeed. I called a few of them and not a one of them was hiring. Indeed has essentially wasted 7-8 months of my life.. I really have nothing to say to these guys other then please take stuff down if they aren't real. Do a good job of keeping thing up to date or just hire me and i will do it. But until that happens i really really strongly suggest that people don't use it. I went through monster and the first 3 jobs i applied for i got calls back the next day. 3 jobs in 7-8 months and none of them were from indeed. I strongly suggest that people don't use it.

stephanief26
6/23/15

I used to get great results with free postings and now if I don't pay I get 0 hits. Going back to Zip Recruiter.

taylorm64
6/12/15

I have had no positive outcome from this site. My mom made me use it versus Craig's list claiming it was "safer", but I actually could have gone to jail over it! I was contacted by a lady, supposedly employed by the EPA (environmental protection agency), needing a full time nanny right down the road from me & gave me this long story of how her son was sick in India, that she was going there from her job in New Mexico to pick him and his little sister up and my first day was when they arrived. This all escalated into her "leaving her belongings & vehicle with a moving company and it was to be shipped to me, and she was giving me my first weeks check ($600) and including $2450 for the movers fee" which then went on to "a problem with the moving company and I needed to western union the fee to her in India because she needed to auto pay it". After reading online I shouldve known it was fake and not even cashed the check but I fell for it! Thank god the teller called in the check because I was told it was fraudulent-I wonder why she needed me to send it back so quick!

This woman went on for over a month, took her sweet time in the process (which I understood because I thought she had a sick son to take care of), and they even took several days to respond at times. She wasn't persistent at all. Be careful of these scammers! I hope nobody else has to go through this like I did!

She used the name F3licia Tayl0r
(I used the numbers so the scammer does not find this name in a Google search & change his alias)

jimb158
6/11/15

My company tried on a few different occasions to advertise Physician jobs on indeed. It procures 100% bogus, totally unqualified applicants. If you like wasting your time reviewing resumes from fast food workers then have at it. Indeed's response is to raise you ppc so we did. Within 20 minutes we received 3 more bogus applications and 300 visitors which caused them to go over our daily budget by 1200%. The resolutions from our account rep is completely unacceptable. This is by far the worst job search engine on the planet. WHY DO PEOPLE USE THIS CRAP?

johns898
6/4/15

Indeed.com used to be ok but became a search engine returning only junks, scams and fake job ads.

I have been using this website for a while in my job search because other websites like monster.com are just a big piece of garbage with 90% outdated or false job ads.

Indeed.com used to be ok, but since few years it became exactly the same: a useless job search engine returning mainly scams, junks, false and fraudulent job offers.

How did they end up like that, I don't know.

I won't name names but most adverts on indeed.com come from the same firms and "recruitment agencies", just a tip, often the fake job ads link to website like jobvite.com (well known unsafe data collector and cheap recruitment system), taleo and the like.

taraw14
6/4/15

This website is FRAUD and they SCAM you. You call to set up an ad for your office and they let you know all about there 'deals and credits' but they do not tell you to NOT be charged YOU have to close the account yourself. We were told we were getting a free week trial since we were a new user so that would be a $50 credit. We were not told that after this week the ad would keep running and we would be charged $10/day. This is highly disappointing. We called the discuss this with the company and of course they were beyond unhelpful and would not credit our company back anything. We will be sure to send out letter to all of our Virginia and DC referrals to NEVER use this site and to always just use the FREE and SAFE and non SCAM Craigslist.

sheanat
5/26/15

I was playing around one day. Got a link to indeed.com and decided to just play around. I am a convicted felon and had yet to find a job. As I got on the site, it persuaded me to write a resume. Which was so easy!! Needless to say I posted my resume on a Tuesday and got a job on Wednesday! No exaggerating.. I literally got offered a job the same night and got hired the next morning! Felony and all.. Thank you indeed.com I will recommend you to everyone I know !!

Tip for consumers: Just go for it !!

reginac8
5/25/15

None of the jobs I've applied for never come thru. They always show postings that are 30+ days old. They bombard your email with positions that are mediocre to say the least. Worst job board ever, maybe even craigslist for your area is better

pauld108
5/15/15

Indeed is mostly aggregate job listings that are old by the time indeed web crawler brings it to the board. Even if the job listing is valid, it's unlikely any one in busy a HR will even care to see an email from indeed with a resume attached. Has any one really looked at some of the resumes? Many are just plain bad.

Of course HR can post openings directly to job board, but why put out the effort? Employers tend to fill openings from within. It's more comfortable even if it breeds cronyism. I also doubt any employer really trolls through indeed resumes in search of a candidate. It's an employers market, resumes are pouring in so much a cv scanner does all the work of sifting through applicants. The scanner is set to disqualify almost everything to eliminate traffic and discrimination liability.

I'm afraid the only way to land a job is have a connection on the inside or walk in and get lucky. Passive job search is unlikely to develop any thing but black hole efforts.

keithm57
5/12/15

Try looking for jobs in your city, indeed will right off the bat show postings for jobs everywhere BUT your city. Why bother even typing in jobs in (insert city here) ? What a joke. I have over a decade of experience in my fields and I have NEVER received ANY interviews/job offers from indeed. Every site.

ashokt
5/5/15

I have worked as a Software Engineer with SR International for last 4 years in Cleveland Ohio. Very Friendly environment and love the work I do. It’s like a small family and able to share everything . They have held up to the Standards they promised.

Ashok Tiwari –

jamesc215
5/4/15

Especially in Finance and where Finance meets with IT. Management needs help/they are overbearing, and they do not listen to employees.

jolied
5/2/15

I have used Indeed to search for jobs and like being able to type in a specific talent and see what jobs relate to that talent. It is very helpful for brainstorming potential jobs.

I did experience the fact that many of the jobs were recycled and did not actually exist when I followed up from an application. Without calling the employer to follow up, I would be living with a lot of false hope. As it is, I had wasted a lot of time going through the application process.

I decided to use Indeed as an employer to advertise. They share that to list a posting is free, but ask for your account info for incidentals and other items. I was charged $147 within 15 days. When I called to ask what those charges were for, they just kept saying, "Well you gave us your card you must have known what those charges were". Really?!?! Three candidate resumes were sent to me, none of them even read the job listing so they weren't valid.

I cancelled the job listing and told them to delete my account. They claim they did, but true to form charges are still being taken from my debit account. What a rip off! I heard from a retired person at SCORE that Indeed had never stopped contacting her and she has been ten years in retirement. I see that the same thing will happen to me. My "cancelled" posting is still out there. EMPLOYERS DO NOT USE INDEED!!!!

davidr154
4/14/15

Mediocre site to find candidates and very high fee. Billing is open ended so you may forget you have an ad and you end up with a large bill. Use another service.

alexl65
4/6/15

I sent my resume but receive no calls. Search for reviews. Found comments like "this company is rubbish".

One more thing, they sold my email, phone number to other entities.......

One word....predators........

alank21
4/2/15

THey recycle the same jobs over and over, they scrape jobs from other websites and then turn around to charge employers for jobs you would have seen and applied to for free on their sites in the first place. Never got a job offer or consulting engagement from this site. Utter rubbish!!!! Why do sites like these even stay around?! There should be a mechanism to democratize the internet and we can all vote down useless sites like these!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time on it....seriously!!! Do NOT waste your time on this site!!

debbier24
3/18/15

I have worked for The Rowland Group for over 10 years and this has been my favorite job EVER! The Rowland's always do "the right thing" ALWAYS! They are very fair, the work environment is fun and we all work together as a TEAM.

BEST PLACES TO WORK!!!

amberl24
2/22/15

I have been using indeed for a while now and I have noticed that I never get a call back for any of the positions that I have applied for. Now, I do realize at one point it was kind of difficult to find employment however, I do think things have turned around. I have 17 years experience , great work ethic, have never quit a job, no need to keep going but using this site is a waste of time. If your looking to gain employment stay away from indeed.com, Indeed!!!!

cameronm27
2/21/15

I would b surprised if any of these jobs r flreap...haven't heard back from any of them after several applications...they must have sold my phone # to a phoney gov. Grant company in India b.c I have got tons of calls regarding free grants...DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS!!! If u haven't applied for a grant then the gov. Isn't gonna give u this even if u were "randomly selected"... The gov. Will also NOT ask u for a processing fee

jackiep16
2/20/15

They generally post bogus jobs from scammers you can't trust any job posted on there site.

jasminet8
2/19/15

I am a small business owner, looking to only hire 5-10 people for service-related positions. Very entry-level, no specialized skill set. I have spent hundreds of dollars on promoting my job posting on Indeed, with little success. While some of the actual applicants have been good and somewhat qualified, the amount I am charged for impressions is ludicrous.

I literally set a budget of $100 at 10pm and had $0 by morning, because I received hundreds of impressions, no applications, overnight. Yea, right. This feels scammy. This is just one example, I have thrown tons of cash at the post with little to no luck.

Don't waste your money.

rbr1
2/19/15

These employer review sites are a great idea. Obviously, the managers bad-mouthing them don’t agree, since it hinders their ability to get off on harassing and abusing their workers. They feel any worker who refuses to be a doormat is a disgruntled worker. Foxnews even put out an article trying to get candidates to not use these sites to weed out bad employers, which shows they fear it will threaten the ability of management to lure in new victims to be abused. If such a pro-management network so strongly opposes it, then it must be good for workers.
Modern corporate mangers have become sadistic bullies who get a perverse pleasure out of harassing and threatening innocent working people who are struggling to make a living and support their families. They abuse ‘performance reviews’ as an excuse to harass, bad-mouth and even slander their people. After the employee leaves, they use the ‘reference’ system to continue harassing and slandering their ex-employees.
Management whines that employer review sites turn the tables and give innocent workers a chance to weed out bad and abusive employers. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.
Companies say only disgruntled employees complain when their boss abuses them. Get used to it, employer review sites are here to stay. A good employer treats its people right with fairness and honesty so they don’t become disgruntled. Complaints from disgruntled employees show that the employer is at fault, not the employees. If you don’t want workers calling you a bad boss, then don’t be a bad boss.
The only problem with indeed is that you have to hunt some to get to the employer review. Ideally, the average rating of the employer would show up at the top of the page showing the job offer. It's not that hard to find the review, but it still could be easier. Some people using the site might not even realize that a rating of the employer is even available on indeed.

Tip for consumers: If you want to make sure you don't wind up with an abusive boss use this site. When you look at a job opening you will see a link on the right side that says the company name underneath "about this company". These give ratings of the company by actual employees. If a lot of the reviews are negative, then it's a good sign that company has a lot of bully managers and you probably won't be happy there.

austinl17
2/19/15

I have been working with indeed for only a couple weeks. after posting ads and also paying for ads my account is suspended with no investigation and decision is final. makes no sense and you are not able to talk to anyone but an intern ?

Tip for consumers: dont use this site

tobiasl1
2/18/15

I am the Director of HR for several companies, and own my own recruitment agencies as well. For no apparent reason, one of my accounts was no longer able to post free postings. This account also spent $ on sponsored ads. I've tried calling into their reps and leaving a lot of messages asking why this happened? Every response was "I'll email you our User guide, all decisions are final". Another rep told me that "we are in the business of making money, our review team decided it was the best". Coincidentally, this change happened right after I decided to sponsor 18 of my 20 ads. I'm thinking that they felt I was a cash cow and want to keep me in that position. I have no idea what policy was infringed, and now I have no idea how to explain to several companies I act for. In the end, I deleted everything, and advised those companies not to use Indeed. Too bad, would be more revenue for Indeed.

Upon further investigation, a lot of these reps and decision makers are recent grads with horrible customer service skills or knowledge about this industry. Go check up the names on linkedin. Just kids deciding the fates of multinational companies.

Tip for consumers: Very unpredictable; at end of day, may leave a very bitter taste.

barbaraj24
2/18/15

I have utilized the pay as you go/per click service for almost a year, I have horrible access, get locked out, have blank pages load and no billing assistance. As I call for service, I get bombarded with Indeeds sales people trying to upgrade my service for BETTER service - II just want what I have been paying for to work. And it doesn't. They just want to upsell you by ticking you off with the lower cost programs. Stay away.

davidl166
2/15/15

I am a small company that was needing to hire a service manager. I placed the ad on a Wednesday and promoted it with a budget of about $75 per day. My ad was fairly specific (Pool Service Manager) in its requirements and of the responses I got, about 25% were plausible candidates. I paid about 30 cents an impression I think on average. The site must be pretty dead on the weekdays, cause my spend was in the single digits, but went to the budget on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Overall, this was my first foray into an organized board. We'd used Craigslist before but it's such a disorganized zoo. I thought about Monster but it was more expensive and this got us viable candidates at lower cost.
One final thing I liked was the ability to have the candidate answer up to 3 questions when submitting online. We used these for quick screening questions.

Tip for consumers: I set the budget to the default of like $300 per day not really sure of what to expect. A CSR put the ad on hold in case that's not what I meant to do and I changed it to the above mentioned $75 which worked pretty well. I'd start with an amount like $75 and make sure you are getting viable candidates. You might have to rewrite requirements to tighten the field.

melissaw23
2/13/15

Looking for overseas jobs (Europe ). Going to the Indeed Overseas site it only lists US jobs and alerts US jobs. None are outside the US as I've requested. This site also sends irrelevant jobs via email. Just because I have technician after my name does not mean I do any and all tech work!!! Useless

franciscot9
2/13/15

Placed one job on the website and after 2 days was frozen. I asked them what had happened and just received a message with a URL to their user guide, I found nothing that I did wrong and there was no comment that came with the URL. When I asked them to explain I got nothing back. So I got another email and tried to set up a new account but that one was frozen within the hour, it's just no good customer service. If they don't wan to post your job for free than don't advertise that you do.

Tip for consumers: Just don't waste your time!!!

michaelh142
2/11/15

Wow. Posted jobs for a week for my client. Then my account was frozen. I called was told they couldn't give me a reason for the freeze. Not a good way to do business. Started a new agency account through an indeed rep. The account was frozen in 2 hours and the rep couldn't tell me why.

Tip for consumers: Don't waist your time. They do not alert you if your account is frozen, and most applicants are not relevant to the jobs posted.

julieg37
2/9/15

Indeed is like most of the big job boards out there - mostly junk listings that are way outdated, but some good jobs in the mix. Just like craigslist and other job boards, be wary of what contact information you choose to share on your uploaded resume, as recruiters can and will contact you for jobs that you aren't qualified for if they've got your phone number. And from my experience, they have no concept of time zones either.

Tip for consumers: Check the dates on those listings - is it really worth your time to apply for a job that was posted 30+ days ago?

omaro7
2/3/15

This site is a complete waste of time. We ran an add that did not post for several weeks. It took calling in and leaving four different messages to finally get some assistance. When we finally spoke to someone they told me that the add was pulled by the review team. They would not give any explanation why and there is no one that can give a reason. We spent 350.00 dollars with them and zero results!!!!! TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!

hectore4
2/2/15

Absolutely the worst site ever. Indeed "One Search All Jobs". What a joke, They don't have "all jobs" What they have is a smelly pile of old crap. Why do jobseekers waste their time on this site? Volume not equal quality.

Tip for consumers: Plesse don't use Indeed.com. You will be 100% wasting your time.

martins75
1/29/15

The worst job board experience we ever had as a firm. We got hooked into a trial for their job posting service by a slick salesman. The service never produced results and we cancelled within 3 weeks of starting it. Indeed hit our credit card for over $2,300 off of 3 job posts that produced no matches. The 'resume traffic' they sent us was complete junk. When we tried to get our money back we got bounced from supervisor to supervisor with no restitution for the bad service. Your money is better spent staying with CB, Monster, Linkedin and Dice.

beckyp11
1/29/15

If I could give this company no stars I would. Awful job search experience, and if you are an employer it is even worse! I will tell everyone I know to stay away from indeed.com!

Tip for consumers: Terrible customer service, no explanation for anything.

whydoesitm
1/27/15

I have used indeed.com for several years and have never gained employment from this site. Not even an interview. Snag a job is a little better. I wOuld recommend applying directly from the emploYer's site because indeed sucks, and has for a very LONG time.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site for employment. You will never hear anything back, even if you include a cover letter. All applications get lost in a black hole assumably.

stephenj38
1/15/15

Yes Indeed is good. You can also check for HOT openings. More than 1500 jobs active in the website.

janw30
1/9/15

As an employer who has used this site many times with no problem, I must say that their choosing to 'disable' my account when I posted for a Receptionist and offered no explanation or chance to cure/remedy whatever their problem was, is nothing less than infuriating. I will GLADLY spend my recruiting dollars elsewhere. They should be ashamed.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: why cant indeed check all jobs/employers to see if the job even exists, instead of advertising the job, i am now £89 down thanks to a fake job.
4/27/15
Answer
dorothyl8
A: In today's world, trust no one but yourself. There are people out there just waiting to take advantage of an unsuspecting public.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: on 2 occasions I've responded through indeed about setting up an interview but I get no reply. I don't know if they are receiving my emails
4/28/15
Answer
sheanat
A: That probably aren't getting the response.. I would contact the employer myself..
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Indeed?