US Government's NSF

InboxDollars reviews

45 Reviews for InboxDollars

▼ Sort by: recent

7/18/14

Waste of time for Pennies!!!!!!!!

7/16/14

I have been a member of in-box for 4 years. Have received several checks. It is hard to qualify for surveys but it does happen. I now use the site for an extra "Christmas club. Works for me. You won't get rich, but anything helps.

7/15/14

I just read through all the reviews for inboxdollars.com and the very last comment listed, or the first comment posted, at the bottom of the webpage mentioned a survey that was affliated with Experian credit services. This is not entirely true. I will give all of you some inside information on all the surveys you are filling out information for, especially if you are giving you name, address, etc., and the surveys ask about your buying trends and health questions and things you want to do in the future, or more likely to do in the future (have a baby, buy a house, etc.). Experian has 2 parts to its business - 1 is credit monitoring and 2 - is Marketing in the form of mass data collection on individuals to sell databases to companies who want to sell you things. So basically, the surveys collect "behavorial" information on you and this info is sold to many, many companies who maintain databases to sell to these companies that want to do a mass mailing, or something like that, for certain individuals that met x,y,z criteria from the behaviorial database they bought from Experian. I used to work at Experian and programmed these databases for sale per client specific requested formats. Think Junk Mail!! So, be very careful with the info you are giving out in these surveys (any survey on any website, not just inboxdollars.com) and more than likely when a survey comes back and says "sorry you did not qualify" it probably actually got all the info it was needing to collect in order to be sold for a certain campaign. See, these people who sell your info to places like Experian Marketing Services get big bucks and then they turn around and give you pennies, or give you nothing!! They are the ones making the money! Genius if you ask me! But bad news for you, the naive consumer who is tempted into joining these sites to make an extra buck or two. Just be very careful with the info you give out about yourself.

7/14/14

I am not ever credited for internet searches and I am on the inboxdollars home page when I do searches. Help what is up with this?

7/13/14

I have been a member for less than 2 months and I'm on my fourth check earning now. I love this survey site. You have to keep at it to make money. I get probably 12 survey turn downs a day but I keep going. Good luck to all who are starting its lots of fun. You can make money.

7/2/14

Inboxdallars is the best site I ever done . And I want to say thank you to David for helping me on inboxdallars .

6/29/14

AVOID!!
They will try to cheat you of credit you've earned, I promise you! I've been using this site for 1 month, and have made some money -- but if you do not keep track of every little thing you do, they will not give you credit for it. The worst of the offenders are their Cash Offers, which only some have instructions about how to complete and receive credit. 75% of the Cash Offers that I did complete, I did not get earnings for until I talked to someone from their online support chat -- and now lately, they will only give me a fake excuse about "not being able to look up your account information properly because of technical difficulties". Their site offers coupons to redeem, but they take 3 months to get credit. You are required to wait 2 weeks to ask for credit for completed Cash Offers that have not been credited. I definitely would not recommend this site to anyone -- just take my advice and stay away. If you enjoy fighting to get the credit for work you've done -- then InboxDollars is the place to go!

6/22/14

i have been letting them buy me a mani/pedi or a new pair of shoes every few months for 7 years now. They pay like they say they will. I don't bother with the surveys and I only sign up for offers that i truly have a need for but still get a check every 2-3 months for $3o. I don't get that many outside emails because of them because I don't abuse the system to try to get every penny I can out of them by signing up for things I do not want.

Is this a way to earn money to make a living! OF COURSE NOT! If you want to earn a living, get out there and work. But this is definitely a way to get yourself a treat every once in a while.

Inbox dollars sends about 20 emails a day. all you really have to do is click the link and let the new page load to earn 2 cents. That takes you about 2-3 months (depending on how many offers you REALLY do want to do) to earn the $30 payout. If you aren't signing up for every offer they have, the "spin off emails" are minimal.

I will continue to allow them to make money off my minimal little click for each email and give me a little in return for another 7 years I am sure.

Please don't think you are ever going to earn enough money to pay your bills and make ends meet sitting at your computer for minimal effort. That is how you get yourself scammed and bogged down in useless emails. Most surveys are ways to just get info from you and most of them are going to tie you up for 30-45 minutes then say you don't qualify. So use that time look for a job instead and stop wasting it sitting in front of the computer trying to get something for nothing.

I wish you all the best! Hope you do decide to try inbox dollars for what it was intended for and enjoy your little treat a few times a year for your efforts.

6/20/14

I was waiting for my check to show up so I could write this. And my first check of $40.60 came yesterday. If I figure out how to upload it, so you can see I will. :) So let me give you some hints and advice. I joined May 22, I was able to cash out 3wks later. I knew about the $3 processing fee, so I decided to wait till I hit $35 to cash out. Well When I did, I had an offer to reach $40 and they would wave the processing fee. Well whats waiting for $5 more. I was surprised that I got my check so fast after the "processing", Well I just noticed on the check that they are from my state. So that explained that.
So some facts and advice I have encountered. It is not AS easy to qualify or get any "good" spins from Billy anymore, since I have cashed out. Also "free offers" so far have stayed the same, so you can't sign up again. So the 2nd round is not as easy to add up, I am at $16 so far. But mind you on my work pute the radio or tasks do not work, so I am pretty much down to Surveys. But overall I am satified. It is hard qualifying for surveys being a bit older, but its alright.
I have done a few surveys and not gotten credit..I have done live chat and they have credited me, Sure some you are 10-15min in and you don't qualify, but i completed 2 that were both over 25min and I got credit. The live chat person suggested coping the URL, so now after I am in bout 10-15 and going, I copy the URL jic. So they have been quite fair to me.
As for a few things I have read here. OK First off...be smart about what your entering as personal info and access. DUHHH. No .50 is worth giving anyone your cell phone number or access to your computer in any way, as I read someone opened her web cam...Seriously? Now your just stupid. Close out and find another survey. So if your just going to start trying inbox, heed common sense. I also have a special email created just for this kind of stuff. Created with no personal info attached to it, as you will get inidated with emails, that is part of the deal. So be smart. It is a nice source for some lil extra jing if you put the time in. Hope this helps anyone wondering... All I know is, I am happy with the $40 I just got, and since I am going to the Twins game on Sunday, look extra spending $ now :)

6/6/14

I joined this last 2012. So far so good. I earned something at least but this is not a way for you to get rich. You earn cents, or dollars depends on your hard work. If you focus on this 24/7 definitely you can earn more than cents. I cashed out two checks already. I am happy I earned something for what I did and I'm on my way to my third payment.Now I have 106.89 dollars. I'm happy I know this is not a lot. Just happy that inboxdollars exist. It's a safe and legit. No worry at all.

5/17/14

I'm not sure about the people saying it's a scam-I've cashed out a few times and I'm up to another $50 or so I'm about to cash out. You're not going to get rich off of taking surveys and clicking through emails-duh! I'm only giving it 4 instead of 5 stars because there's no link to the survey page that lists surveys with their payouts that you sometimes get to if you don't qualify for a survey. That page is a gold mine, which is probably why there's no link from it in the Surveys section of their site.

I think the gold standard for clickthru emails used to be mypoints but I've made more money off of this lately. Again, it's not going to make you rich, but if you're like me and like getting a little extra money for little effort this is a good one. This site is definitely NOT a scam.

5/9/14

I signed up, spent a good hour answering all kinds of questions. Redirected here, redirected there and now my phone is blowing up with 20 calls a day from various telemarketers. I keep blocking them and they continue with different numbers. It's harassment and I know I did not check the button consenting. I was very careful not to. However, the accepting terms and conditions allows this and these type of websites need regulated from this crap. I'm even getting calls at 730 in the morning.

4/30/14

I did the questionaire to qualify for surveys, but Istill must take a survey to see if
I qualify and I rarely do. Why do they bother to ask you a bunch of questions then send you surveys that are not catered to your answers? So far it has seemed like
a big waste of time.

4/28/14

Ok when I first joined about 3 months ago I was pretty content. Finally made that first whopping $30 cashout ($27 on a prepaid Visa after "processing fees") and reached a second $27 cashout. It is very hard to qualify for very many surveys. I think having kids gets you more surveys and my only kid is grown.So the good news is yes, there is tiny bits of money to earn on that site. Now for the bad.

I am bloody sick and tired of spending a half hour answering multiple pages of in-depth questions only THEN to be told 'We're sorry but you do not qualify for this survey" That's a load of BS. They do not have to take up that much of your time and make you do that much work in order to figure out if you're a good candidate for any survey. It's plain and obvious they are getting all the data from you to use in their research, then refusing to pay you for it and there is no recourse for you when this happens. Sure it looks good that they have a "live chat" person on their site. Except for well . . . it's a bot that keeps cutting and pasting BS that is not even relevant to what you're asking.

Today, I was excited to get into a survey after getting rejected by 3 or 4. They wanted to access my web cam and capture my reaction to a 10 second video. Ok fine. When they want to do this supposedly only the researchers are ever going to see it and it won't be used for any other purpose, yada yada. So what's the harm right? I enabled my webcam, participated, then after they captured my reaction to something they had me answer some questions. Then guess what? Yep, they were sorry but I did not fit the criteria for the survey. That could have easily been ascertained BEFORE capturing my face on film. Clearly another case of "Let's get this poor poverty-stricken a-hole to jump through hoops and not even give her the lousy dollar she's trying to earn!"

That is a disgrace. Beyond unethical. And well, a load of B.S. And of course you cannot confront the cowards because as I said they are hiding behind a bot. I would stay clear simply because the frustration they will cause you will not override the few small payouts you will get.

4/19/14

Made a withdrawal of 42.15 last April 10th, will be process by April 23rd.. So excited to receive the check.. And while waiting for the payment, I got 60.99 on my account ready to be withdrawn again.. I love this site.. More offers and like the surveys.. It was all free :) I just couldn't join the cash games coz it's prohibited here in my state...
So far so good... Just kinda worrying now because some of the reviews that they didn't pay them.. I hope that won't happen to me, I'm doing the offers and survey and checking emails every day, like every hour.

4/18/14

I got my 1st check march 27 for $30 and it was about a month from when i requested it. I am requesting my 2nd check for $30 today 4/18 it will be processed 4/23 because i have the visa chase payment card so its less than a week to get payments now. Overall its a cool site for some extra cash here and there and after you get your 1st payout you automatically go to gold status and it gets easier to make cash

2/24/14

A few years ago I had been a member for about 2 years. It took about a year to earn enough to get a first check. Then it took almost another year to earn $48 - I was about to ask for a check and they stopped sending me emails!! I wrote to them and they said they didn't know what I was talking about. Now you have to be so involved to make any money, it's like a part time job! I've belonged to two other sites that are great and honest and no scams. One I've been with since 1999 - I rarely buy anthing and never fill out a survey and I get emails from them EVERYDAY - since 1999!! Stay away from Inbox Dollars!

2/23/14

This site is legit. I have my first check on the way and have 15$ towards my next one. You just need to answer the peanut lab surveys. Their 66 cents each but don't take to long. It took me about one week to get to the 30 just don't speed through the surveys. If you have any trouble they have 24 hr live video support.

2/12/14

Warning. If you cash out when you earn enough you must keep the account active. It takes weeks to get your payment and they will cancel it if you have not shown activity in 10 days. There are better sites to use.

1/30/14

This site is to make extra money. Also the name of the site is wrong for what the site is really about. It should be InboxCoins. For me it's going pretty good for someone who needs little money. I have been here 2 months or so, and currently am about $2 away from requesting my first check. I hope they don't charge me for my check, or something goes wrong. This site needs some upgrading. Every task, survey, ect. you do is not worth what they give you. They make you do things like order something for $20 and your reward is $5. Like WTf??????

1/28/14

This website sucks! I've tried over 30 surveys and only qualified for 3. And mind you, you have to fill in a lot of information before they tell you you were disqualified. Most surveys only pay a couple of cents. It's SO not worth the trouble. They have a min $30 accumulated cash for you to be able to order your check (which they charge 3 dollars to send to you but still takes about 2 months to arrive). All in all, it would take you SEVERAL months to build up 30 bucks, they charge an extra 3 bucks, the check takes for every, and you need to put in hours of work. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.

1/27/14

I accumulated 20$ from this site took me about a month. I believe it's a complete scam. It took 3 months to get a 20 $ check not worth it. I found a site way better and worth my time. I'm willing to share. Send me an email if interested. Wdttdm@Gmail.com

1/16/14

I have been with inboxdollars for about a year. I have recieved 2 checks. Yes they do charge $3 per check. My main issue with this scam of a site is that I can fill out a survey, THEN get told at the end that I do not qualify. So I waste 20 minutes for nothing, even though they got all the info they needed. Also that spin and a win is a joke. Good luck getting anything from that. If you do. It is an entry to a sweepstake that does not exist. Their live chat is worthless too. I have completed 16 surveys that I have not received credit for.

12/26/13

Inbox Dollars is a great website to earn a little extra cash. It's easy to earn money just reading your email and searching online. Once in a while I also do a couple of surveys and offers. They also offer the opportunity to earn while playing games or watching videos but I don't use those. The program is not a scam, I got my first check already. This is no way to make a living, but a nice way to make extra cash while doing minimal effort.

11/7/13

I have been a member for a few years now and have made approximately $130! I have always gotten paid when supposed to. Get paid to read emails, watch videos, shopping, and other offers. The only thing I would say is questionable is that you have to get after them sometimes to get credit for something like signing up for a service or newsletter, etc...

9/27/13

Got banned with no reason given other than a vague 'TOS Violation' when I tried to redeem $170 at once, after redeeming $30 many times with no issue. Scam site!

9/26/13

they suck i had heard good reviews originally.. but once i got to 34.75 or something they stopped sending emails and telling me i needed to reactivate my account through an email.. only the little button they wanted me to click to reactivate it with doesnt do anything.. I also stopped getting emails from them.. very sad cause i totally thought they were legit.. ive been using this site here and there for like 8 months.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME... U can not make any money

7/24/13

My experience doesn't seem all that unusual. I spent about a year clicking links in their emails, taking 30 minute preliminary surveys that told me I didn't qualify for a full survey, and slowly building up a balance of around $70. When I submitted a request for a check, I got an email stating that my check would be held because they wanted to be sure I would continue to participate. Funny thing, they didn't send me any more emails so I COULD participate. Naturally, I never got my $70.

I held up my end of the deal. They don't have the class to hold up their end of the deal. Don't waste your time with these spam scammers.

7/7/13

I've been clicking on this site for a year now, and I am still quite a way from the first thirty bucks. The surveys are horrible, as they tell you it's a five minute survey, then fifteen minutes in you find out you don't qualify. I just delete the surveys now.

7/1/13

Aloha, People considering Inbox Dollars

Please be aware that many offers that you complete will not be credited to your account. You can only get a check after making 30 dollars and this takes forever. It also seems as you get closer to 30 more mistakes are made!!!!! Customer service sucks and are dismissive NOT WORTH THE TIME!!!!!

4/28/13

They tell you get paid for reading e-mails.That worked for 1 redemption, as I was reading their emails and not participating in their special offers, then they changed the rules. Only half of your points could come from reading emails, then the other had to be from "special offers".Save your time and skip this.

4/15/13

This is a good site. I've cashed out several times, and I earned it mostly from reading emails and registering, but you can do surveys and other stuff as well. You need to have $30 to cash out, and there's a $3 charge, but they always put the $3 back in your account after the redemption.

8/2/12

It is possible to earn cash on here, but not very much, and it will take a pretty good bit of time to get a pretty small amount of cash. What bothers me the most is the horribly long processing time. Once you reach the required $30 minimum to request a check, you'll have to wait another 2 months just to get your check sent out. It's ridiculous.

6/3/12

This site is legit, I've already received a check for $43. But it takes a while to accumulate that kind of amount. Also, you have to accept that you will NEVER be in contact with any kind of customer service. If you use a separate email for all of the offers, then you won't have to deal with the spam email they send and it works out alright. Other than that it's a decent way to make some extra cash.

5/1/12

This site claims you will make lots of money taking surveys and reading e-mails from them (InboxDollars.com). Ha! $3.00 to $5.00 surveys are for auto quotes or prepaid credit cards. $10.00 are for foreign language sessions. You can only do so many quotes; cards and who wants foreign language sessions, or so many of them? This site is a total scam!

1/29/12

You are supposed to earn money by filling in surveys, playing games @ online sites like Winster, doing Internet searches, clipping coupons, etc. For each Internet search you do, you are credited one cent! Terrible. when you log-in, you are credited 2 cents. Surveys were redirected to a site called Toluna; most times I "did not fit criteria needed for survey"
Site sends emails daily; I cannot decrease frequency. Tried the Winster website for games--I was supposed to get $4.00 for signing up; did not receive it. Also was supposed to get $3.50 for accessing TurboTax through their site; again did not receive it.
I wanted to cash in and uninstall their software; found out I had to have a minimum $30 in order to cash in. It took me over 6 months; finally I hit the magic $30 mark; I am still waitng for my check.
As soon as I receive check, if ever, I will stop using site.

11/26/11

Lots of spam but they do actually send checks, you should open a separate email for them

11/4/11

Googling InboxDollars will bring up mixed reviews. As with Cashcrate, InboxDollars, which is owned by CotterWeb Enterprises, works using offers and surveys. The surveys are considered impossible to qualify for, as the survey companies are very specific in the demographics from whom they want information.

With InboxDollars, users earn five dollars for joining and can cash out at thirty dollars. Other than offers, users also receive paid emails, which pay two cents just for clicking them, plus hundreds of addictive games, also with a cash payout. Many users have reported dedicatedly playing their favorite games for several weeks, before realizing that no money has been added to their account. Upon inquiring with the support center, users are typically told that InboxDollars is not responsible and that payment will happen if and when the game hosts ever confirm their having played.

The offers aren't any better, though they are more attractive, as many do not require credit card information in order to be considered complete. However, once an offer is completed InboxDollars closes the page, leaving no record of it having been completed. Many complaints have been submitted by users claiming to be owed credit on numerous offers on which they wasted valuable time and offered up their email for spam. Again, contacting the support center seems to be fruitless, and many are met with rude responses from scammers whose job is to absolve InboxDollars from all responsibility towards the user.
Finally, of those who have made it to the thirty dollar payout threshold, many have complained that upon requesting their payment, InboxDollars mysteriously canceled their accounts and their money was lost.
In conclusion, InboxDollars appears to be a scam, with its main aim to collect email address to sell to third parties, leaving the user with nothing but an inbox full of spam to show for their efforts.

8/7/11

inboxdollars seems like a good way to make pocket change, but I wouldnt quit my day job just yet. I have accumulated 48 dollars so far, and opted to cash that out, for which I am still waiting. Cashed out in June, and the check arrival time is sept 1st. if nothing else, it pays for my beer.

7/22/11

Yeah, I'm doing the survey thing, but they won't let you "cash out" until you reach $30. It's taking forever!! I hate it, but compared to all the other survey sites I found it's ok. The others get -10 stars, lol! The surveys are interesting at least, but watch out for the ones with "complete 8 offers" they want credit card info! DON'T DO IT!!!

7/15/11

Don't waste your precious time, If they told me earlier I would not waste my time on there. You would never get your money out. I am still yet to see anyone that actually got a check from inbox dollars

5/26/11

if you click on emails, watch videos, and only take surveys that are emailed to you, it's very promising. one of the best sites to be honest.

4/9/11

Not sure yet if its a scam or not, but can anyone find its true nature. Is it a valid site?
Who is actually getting sent checks?

11/16/10

It is possible to get money, its completely legit. BUT....... Each survey takes about 30-40 min ( in average, 20 min at least). What do you get after 40 minute? $.12... NOT WORTH MY TIME!!!
I believe its perfect for someone who has no life. But once you get started, you will receive junk mail.

8/11/09

It's funny as hell, but their health surveys are put on by a company that is wholly owned by Experian credit collection services....SOOOO not only do those $#*!s at Experian what to know about your credit and finances they want to know how health you are and what diseases you have and what medicines you take, I bet they have a great customer base with the insurance companies, =--- anyway beware of surveys they will tell on you, it is NOT I repeat NOT about finding out what people think.

The Best Work At Home Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber