US Government's NSF

12312 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, California, USA
Tel: +1.3105714700
huludomains@hulu.com

People interested in Hulu are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

petej

There are some ads before shows, but they're not bad. (in 32 reviews)

angelaw

it has just about every popular tv show out there and is great for when you miss your show or forgot to tivo it. (in 24 reviews)

solb1

They have a nice selection of TV shows to watch, and to a lesser extent movies. (in 21 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bills136
8/23/15

I am about ready to throw a shoe through the tv. Trying to watch a series on Hulu today and every episode I have to restart because Hulu can't figure out how to achieve proper downloads. The last episode I never even got to finish. After the episode restarted from the beginning 5 times I had to give up. Hulu wants to blame it on your tv or internet provider but it is truly a Hulu problem. My internet service is downloading at 50mps and Hulu requires 1-3mps. I also have no problem with Netflix or Amazon. Hulu has a great selection, if they could only figure out how to let us watch it.

alland14
8/22/15

I cancelled the subscription and clicked the cancel button again on the homepage, then it happened that I could not use it even I have paid for a month.

graciel14
8/19/15

I have Samsung smart TVs, and Samsung blue rays, the 5006 error code comes up. I did each of the troubleshooting steps, unfortunately multiple times. I am disappointed and frustrated in having to troubleshoot multiple times. I find it unreasonable for us to be the ones to troubleshoot multiple times. The app should update itself for the more updated tvs. There is no reason to have to pay for the app if it doesn't work.

lisar95
8/19/15

When it is not buffering, Hulu is fine. I can live with commericals, but wish they were more varied in content. My confusion lies in attemtping to watch Season 2 of Blacklist only to find out that there are only 5 episodes that are on Hulu and they are the last 5 of the season..? In conclusion buffering needs to be addressed on Hulus end - up date the equipment, add what you need to - to address this problem. And if their are only 5 episodes of a season ..why bother even adding it?? This forces me online to watch it that way on the laptop.

joshk41
8/19/15

I really HATE the commercials! Same stuff over and over again! I quit it! It's wasting my precious and valuable time!

tims86
8/17/15

I love Hulu, it gives you a lot of different shows/series/movies etc. to choose from and to watch BUT commercials are killing me! Repeating all the time same stuff over and over and over again. Not to mention frequency. Sometimes I think I'd rather stick with the TV programm.

stevenh77
8/16/15

It's okay for the ability to see some of the broadcast shows that Netflix and Prime don't offer... but you still can't see some of the need to see shows like NCIS and CSI... maybe it's just the way CBS rolls.

erins32
8/13/15

Nothing special, nice

sandip17
8/11/15

I'm so sick of the constant loading every 10 seconds it would stop and load i canceled hulu and they have me a free month, it gets so frustrating sitting watching a good show and bam it stops and loads for about 1 minute then back to the show for 10 seconds and stops to load again, then they have the same movies over and over it takes forever to get a different movie, it's more frustrating then it's worth, and it's no wonder i believe Comcast has a piece of hulu and they suck too !!!!

finleyl12
8/11/15

excellent services now i can watch my fav. shows on my PC. really great quality and high definition

ashleyf33
8/9/15

First hulu is free, awesome! Then I have to pay 8 bucks to see my favorite shows, ok I have eight bucks. But I have been watching Mr.Robot from day one and now all of a sudden I have to link my hulu up to a tv provider I don't have because I watch my tv on hulu! So idiotic. The whole point of hulu is defeated. If I can watch my TV shows with hulu plus, $#*! the company. I don't have a tv provider and I am not going to pay eight bucks or hulu and even more for an tv provider. If I had eighty bucks to spend on cable why would I bother paying eight for hulu.

dival1
8/8/15

i just joined hulu couple of weeks ago and every times I will watch the past season of the game there is a stupid commercial . when the video goes on commercial it stop and take 30 min to start playing sometimes it tell bull$#*!tt that the video is unavailable playing it on my internet when I have perfectly good internet service I emailed them about that problem and no one responded right back to me .

DONT WASTE UR FREAKING MONEY ON THIS BULLSHIITT SERVICE.

myr498
8/7/15

Hulu is full of errors and ads. I switched to Netflix and I have no problems and no ads for the same price. BOOOOOO Hulu!!!

maryj106
8/3/15

I have actually banned products due to the mass spamming of repeating product advertisements on Hulu. Besides the excessively redundant ads played my major complaints with Hulu are thier starting mid season incomplete seasons, faulty playback issues despite strong network signals, lack of higher quality variety ( a lot of reality smutt tv) and limited networks, lacking current tv, local and global news sources, and absolutely appalling user interface ( do you ever ask where's my favorites, or that last show I was just watching?) , and again inundated with repeated ads that are causing repulsion to products pushed. Positives: Ads are of a decent quality, there is some variety and quality shows that showcase complete seasons, about half of the reality shows are nature based and human challenges, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart updated weekly with some other current shows, pleasant surprises finding shows in listings that wouldn't normally be searched for. Biggest improvements could come in interface accessibility, new complete content, and diversification of ads.

andys80
7/31/15

Navigating Hulu is not easy. Whoever built their website did not place too much priority on an easy customer interface experience.

dans110
7/24/15

This site is too expensive.

jacquiem1
7/21/15

This is my second request. First one on Hulu Plus apps installer. Please fix!!!!!!! It crashes after 2 seconds of play. If everyone cancel I wonder how fast would the problem be fixed. There are over 300 reviews with the same basic issue. It's not a wifi connection. At this point the rating should be negative 100000000+ just saying!

austint16
7/19/15

Sometime they allow more than one stram and sometimes they dont i regular cut the fustration and do like Netflix whick i pay an extra 4 bucks for mutilple stream. I got 4 tv at home and it sucks i cant watch it on more than one tv like netflix. I dont mind the ads they are few

ellas26
7/16/15

Hulu is awful and crashes every 5 seconds. It takes forever to buffer and even the ads don't play 90% of the time. If I'm watching a 42 minute show and get ads as long as 135 seconds like 4 times throughout the show, what am I paying for? This website is absolute $#*! and I've tried being patient with their stupid website for months. I am so over it, Hulu is awful.

jennc6
7/8/15

I'm patient and I don't mind ADS, but come on the same ADS over, and over, and over, and over. Then if it's not loading the ads, then it's just loading from LAGGING. So annoying!!!! The other complaint, although it has the most recent episode available it doesn't have the complete season available, nor are most past seasons available. Example season 3 might be available with episodes 17-23. However seasons 1&2 aren't available along with episodes 1-16....see my point!!!!

richards147
7/7/15

The app crashes constantly on smart tvs, can't make it through one tv show without it crashing on me. Wish I could give a half a star.

timothyc29
7/4/15

I dont mind tbe commercials but it is mind numbing when you see the same commercials 6 times in the same episode! Please make sure i dont see the exact same commercial over and over!

carmiletal
6/29/15

I got hulu beacause I didn't want to wait for the new season of my show on netflix. I think I'll just wait!! Hulu takes too long to load episodes, freezes every few minites, & the ads....way too many! I signed up for the free week trial and am cancelling before the trials up that's how much it sucks, so don't bother folks!!

dannym43
6/29/15

HULU is great. And have some show's on. That you can't find any place.....Well worth the $8.00 bucks a month...

oscara15
6/24/15

Why do I even bother signing in

vickip13
6/10/15

I wish Hulu would allow you to resume episodes if for some reason you had to stop watching it before it ended. They should really fix that.

jacquel225
6/9/15

I have the best, fastest internet my city offers, yet Hulu constantly freezes. Though the ads never freeze. The streaming seldom catches up to picture, the lips move, but the sound isn't there. I canceled my cable for this??

dark-chocolates
6/7/15

To many Commercials as soon as you get to looking at a scene here goes those same long commercials. If everyone is talking about the same problem for years fix it.....so your customers will rate y'all better.

meredithm6
6/3/15

why should I pay for a service with repeated commercials every 2 minutes and I can't get through one episode without having to reset my system because it freezes up! STAY WITH NETFLIX! Hulu is a waste of time and money!

jodied11
6/1/15

I understand they probably make their money with the commercials but Netflix doesn't need it and they are cheaper so why does Hulu? So far it's okay but I'm probably going to cancel after the free week. Only bought it to watch season 11 of Greys Anatomy.

sierran1
5/30/15

My biggest problem with Hulu is that they do not have full seasons. I am a scandal addict and missed the entire season 4. I got Hulu just so that I could catch up on scandal. When I finally got ready for my scandal weekend, I saw that season 4 started at episode 18. That's ridiculous! How can I start a season if I am missing 17 episodes. I like that scandal updates there shows faster but at least with Netflix you can watch FULL SEASONS, even if it does take forever to update. I truly hope Hulu fixes this.

mayram
5/24/15

Too many ads its RIDICULOUS! But that's not the worst, the day after the free trial week was over I get an email stating the charge for the month which btw the only reason I let that happened was because I had completely forgot about having it, honestly I stopped watching it the by the second day I must say, and it was right there and then that I immediately logged into my account to cancel, I didn't want the same mistake again and be charge the following month (not for something that's full of ads.) So I did and it said that I still had one whole month since they had already and just charged me for it, it was all complete b.s. my husband (unlike me not minding the ads) tried watching a movie and it didn't let him nor tv shows, NOTHING AT ALL. It blocked everything! WHAT A SCAM!!!!

jacobm44
5/24/15

"Would you like to see a show with all your commercials? FUGETABOUT IT!" A 30 minute show is, almost, an hour long with all the ads that Hulu inserts.I try to watch a show while I am having dinner, but I'm through with dinner before the show starts!

tammys30
5/23/15

Hulu would be great if they had the OWN Network. I say this because I love watching all the Tyler Perry Sitcoms and a lot of the other shows that broadcast on the OWN Network. Because I'm switching from cable. But if I can't get the OWN Network I won't get Hulu if they don't have it and you'll be just like any other company.

melissad37
5/19/15

I would love Hulu if they didn't force me to watch advertisements every few minutes. I could understand that if I didn't PAY for Hulu, but I do... so Hulu is just being extremely greedy and wants to have revenue streams from the customers and advertisers.

jdl
5/18/15

The only justification for putting up with the commercials on Hulu when Netflix costs about the same without commercials, is availability of content. Hulu has TV show episodes sooner than Netflix, but does not have older episodes. I was out of the country for about 8 weeks and found that a show I had been watching was only available for the previous 5 episodes. You cannot start from the beginning of most long running series.

Although you can click on whether an ad is relevant, it will make no difference to what commercials you see. For example, I am absolutely not interested in buying a car, clicked "not relevant" to hundreds of car commercials, but car commercials continue to be the most common ones shown.

sinjinb
5/17/15

Why am I paying for a bs app that never seems to work!? It'll play the stupid ads (of course) but when the show it supposed to start, it's just a black screen and the show won't play.

irisf2
5/16/15

THIS APP SUCKS IT SHOWED 9 FRICKEN ADS IN A 20 MINUTE SHOW LIKE WTF IM PAYING 8$ FOR BS ADS??????

Might as well watch your tv on YouTube for free if you don't give a sh*t about ads.

Only even got this bc Netflix didn't have certain shows but it totally is not worth sitting through ads every 3 minutes with Hulu "plus".
Wtf is the plus supposed to be anyways? An add on to the amount of ads we have to pay for?

amitk22
5/10/15

Hulu is pathetic.

They show ads every few minutes. The worst part is that the ads pause during streaming and you have to sit through the slow dragging ads.

Pathetic service. The day another service has the same shows, I'll cancel my service - WITH PLEASURE!!

serenas3
5/5/15

Don't waste your money, your just paying for non stop adds! They have other movie apps for free! There's non stop problems and glitches. They already make alot of money off showing adds but these greedy $#*!s make you pay on top of it. Its supose to be one or the other! I'm just mad I didn't cancel this bs service sooner.

tonyb84
5/5/15

Every show is on this app!

girli1
4/19/15

This is the worst site EVER! So many ads, they seriously have one every few minutes. What bugs me the most is my favorite shows are on here.... So I find myself sucked into this site, though I honestly HATE this site, I have a membership though. Its an awful Love and Hate relationship.... Ugh Please Hulu just take away these ads. We pay for this.

bobm127
4/18/15

Terrible programs, save your money!!! Netflix is the only way to go. Once you subscribe it's extremely difficult to cancel. I have been billed for 4 months Even after canceling, they just keep billing you! Do NOT subscribe to this service! !!!!!!!!

teei
4/12/15

love it

andyc55
4/11/15

I spend way more time watching the green 'Retrieving' bar slowly creep across the screen than I do watching the program. I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime and have not experienced this issue at all. I have contacted Hulu support for some time and they said other customers have also reported this. So, why don;t they fix it?

toddl16
4/9/15

Hulu Plus is absolutely horrible. They have crap content and we you leave.... they bill you for years on end. I have canceled x 3 and they keep billing me.

davidk128
4/7/15

Hulu has a decent variety, but far far less than what you get with Netflix. The quality of the video is very good and the audio is good as well. Hulu has manual and auto settings for quality, which is useful in areas where your internet bandwidth isn't optimal for HD and it works well most of the time. Often times though you'll end up buffering when it really shouldn't be necessary and no amount of pausing will allow it to buffer to a point where you can continue watching it. If it weren't for the ads it wouldn't be such a major problem. But it only buffers to the next add and then it empties your buffer has to start from nothing again, which frequently causes problems with less than ideal internet speeds. The adds are obnoxious and you're forced to sit through them over and over again if something happens and you're forced to refresh the video. The player has a bad habit of tracking your video way to far ahead when using touch screen controls on your tablet or mobile device which causes you to have to sit through more irritating commercials.
The bottom line is it's way over priced for something that has ads. I don't have cable for that specific reason. If there's ads, it should be free or at least much cheaper. I only plan to keep my subscription for a few months and then ditch it for 6 months or so and then renew my subscription for a couple more months. I imagine most people do it this way as the value is pretty mediocre. I like Hulu most of the time, but they really screw you over a heck of a lot.
There's no 4k resolution, but they do support 1080P and 5.1 surround sound. So reasonable quality for both video and audio.

shannonw17
3/31/15

It is a waste of time and money, what they present is great, but never expect to see it. You will end up seeing a frozen screen, more than the show, and still paying for it.

ihateh
3/26/15

I was on Hulu a second ago and was watching a really good show where a girl was about to die, and a fking stupid ad about daipers poped up and ruins everything!! Not just this time, but 500 TIMES!! It feels like I'm watching really boring uninteresting ads over and over and over more than I'm watching my show!! I can't take it anymoree!!! Hulu has more interesting shows and varieties than Netflix does, but what's the point if the varieties are messed up by horrible ads?!! I'm changing to netflix once I'm done watching this last episode, and hopefully NO ADS RUIN IT!!

Tip for consumers: Do you like watching cheesy, stupid ads 50 times till your brain pop? Then subscribe to Hulu! They have special features that'll piss you off so much that you will be forced to leave a review like mine about their ADS!

roberts227
3/16/15

awesome app for any one who loves to watch shows!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How do you stream it to your TV what equipment do you need to do it and what kind of cable package do you need to use it??? Cannot find any answers for the electronically challenged anywhere.
6/29/13
Answer
lisam109
A: You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions
6/22/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Why does hulu not have full season? Cause your competition does
6/22/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Hulu?