US Government's NSF

12312 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, California, USA
Tel: +1.3105714700
huludomains@hulu.com

People interested in Hulu are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

angelaw

it has just about every popular tv show out there and is great for when you miss your show or forgot to tivo it. (in 23 reviews)

petej

There are some ads before shows, but they're not bad. (in 28 reviews)

solb1

They have a nice selection of TV shows to watch, and to a lesser extent movies. (in 19 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

andys80
7/31/15

Navigating Hulu is not easy. Whoever built their website did not place too much priority on an easy customer interface experience.

dans110
7/24/15

This site is too expensive.

jacquiem1
7/21/15

This is my second request. First one on Hulu Plus apps installer. Please fix!!!!!!! It crashes after 2 seconds of play. If everyone cancel I wonder how fast would the problem be fixed. There are over 300 reviews with the same basic issue. It's not a wifi connection. At this point the rating should be negative 100000000+ just saying!

austint16
7/19/15

Sometime they allow more than one stram and sometimes they dont i regular cut the fustration and do like Netflix whick i pay an extra 4 bucks for mutilple stream. I got 4 tv at home and it sucks i cant watch it on more than one tv like netflix. I dont mind the ads they are few

ellas26
7/16/15

Hulu is awful and crashes every 5 seconds. It takes forever to buffer and even the ads don't play 90% of the time. If I'm watching a 42 minute show and get ads as long as 135 seconds like 4 times throughout the show, what am I paying for? This website is absolute $#*! and I've tried being patient with their stupid website for months. I am so over it, Hulu is awful.

jennc6
7/8/15

I'm patient and I don't mind ADS, but come on the same ADS over, and over, and over, and over. Then if it's not loading the ads, then it's just loading from LAGGING. So annoying!!!! The other complaint, although it has the most recent episode available it doesn't have the complete season available, nor are most past seasons available. Example season 3 might be available with episodes 17-23. However seasons 1&2 aren't available along with episodes 1-16....see my point!!!!

richards147
7/7/15

The app crashes constantly on smart tvs, can't make it through one tv show without it crashing on me. Wish I could give a half a star.

timothyc29
7/4/15

I dont mind tbe commercials but it is mind numbing when you see the same commercials 6 times in the same episode! Please make sure i dont see the exact same commercial over and over!

carmiletal
6/29/15

I got hulu beacause I didn't want to wait for the new season of my show on netflix. I think I'll just wait!! Hulu takes too long to load episodes, freezes every few minites, & the ads....way too many! I signed up for the free week trial and am cancelling before the trials up that's how much it sucks, so don't bother folks!!

dannym43
6/29/15

HULU is great. And have some show's on. That you can't find any place.....Well worth the $8.00 bucks a month...

oscara15
6/24/15

Why do I even bother signing in

vickip13
6/10/15

I wish Hulu would allow you to resume episodes if for some reason you had to stop watching it before it ended. They should really fix that.

jacquel225
6/9/15

I have the best, fastest internet my city offers, yet Hulu constantly freezes. Though the ads never freeze. The streaming seldom catches up to picture, the lips move, but the sound isn't there. I canceled my cable for this??

dark-chocolates
6/7/15

To many Commercials as soon as you get to looking at a scene here goes those same long commercials. If everyone is talking about the same problem for years fix it.....so your customers will rate y'all better.

meredithm6
6/3/15

why should I pay for a service with repeated commercials every 2 minutes and I can't get through one episode without having to reset my system because it freezes up! STAY WITH NETFLIX! Hulu is a waste of time and money!

jodied11
6/1/15

I understand they probably make their money with the commercials but Netflix doesn't need it and they are cheaper so why does Hulu? So far it's okay but I'm probably going to cancel after the free week. Only bought it to watch season 11 of Greys Anatomy.

sierran1
5/30/15

My biggest problem with Hulu is that they do not have full seasons. I am a scandal addict and missed the entire season 4. I got Hulu just so that I could catch up on scandal. When I finally got ready for my scandal weekend, I saw that season 4 started at episode 18. That's ridiculous! How can I start a season if I am missing 17 episodes. I like that scandal updates there shows faster but at least with Netflix you can watch FULL SEASONS, even if it does take forever to update. I truly hope Hulu fixes this.

mayram
5/24/15

Too many ads its RIDICULOUS! But that's not the worst, the day after the free trial week was over I get an email stating the charge for the month which btw the only reason I let that happened was because I had completely forgot about having it, honestly I stopped watching it the by the second day I must say, and it was right there and then that I immediately logged into my account to cancel, I didn't want the same mistake again and be charge the following month (not for something that's full of ads.) So I did and it said that I still had one whole month since they had already and just charged me for it, it was all complete b.s. my husband (unlike me not minding the ads) tried watching a movie and it didn't let him nor tv shows, NOTHING AT ALL. It blocked everything! WHAT A SCAM!!!!

jacobm44
5/24/15

"Would you like to see a show with all your commercials? FUGETABOUT IT!" A 30 minute show is, almost, an hour long with all the ads that Hulu inserts.I try to watch a show while I am having dinner, but I'm through with dinner before the show starts!

tammys30
5/23/15

Hulu would be great if they had the OWN Network. I say this because I love watching all the Tyler Perry Sitcoms and a lot of the other shows that broadcast on the OWN Network. Because I'm switching from cable. But if I can't get the OWN Network I won't get Hulu if they don't have it and you'll be just like any other company.

melissad37
5/19/15

I would love Hulu if they didn't force me to watch advertisements every few minutes. I could understand that if I didn't PAY for Hulu, but I do... so Hulu is just being extremely greedy and wants to have revenue streams from the customers and advertisers.

jdl
5/18/15

The only justification for putting up with the commercials on Hulu when Netflix costs about the same without commercials, is availability of content. Hulu has TV show episodes sooner than Netflix, but does not have older episodes. I was out of the country for about 8 weeks and found that a show I had been watching was only available for the previous 5 episodes. You cannot start from the beginning of most long running series.

Although you can click on whether an ad is relevant, it will make no difference to what commercials you see. For example, I am absolutely not interested in buying a car, clicked "not relevant" to hundreds of car commercials, but car commercials continue to be the most common ones shown.

sinjinb
5/17/15

Why am I paying for a bs app that never seems to work!? It'll play the stupid ads (of course) but when the show it supposed to start, it's just a black screen and the show won't play.

irisf2
5/16/15

THIS APP SUCKS IT SHOWED 9 FRICKEN ADS IN A 20 MINUTE SHOW LIKE WTF IM PAYING 8$ FOR BS ADS??????

Might as well watch your tv on YouTube for free if you don't give a sh*t about ads.

Only even got this bc Netflix didn't have certain shows but it totally is not worth sitting through ads every 3 minutes with Hulu "plus".
Wtf is the plus supposed to be anyways? An add on to the amount of ads we have to pay for?

amitk22
5/10/15

Hulu is pathetic.

They show ads every few minutes. The worst part is that the ads pause during streaming and you have to sit through the slow dragging ads.

Pathetic service. The day another service has the same shows, I'll cancel my service - WITH PLEASURE!!

serenas3
5/5/15

Don't waste your money, your just paying for non stop adds! They have other movie apps for free! There's non stop problems and glitches. They already make alot of money off showing adds but these greedy $#*!s make you pay on top of it. Its supose to be one or the other! I'm just mad I didn't cancel this bs service sooner.

tonyb84
5/5/15

Every show is on this app!

girli1
4/19/15

This is the worst site EVER! So many ads, they seriously have one every few minutes. What bugs me the most is my favorite shows are on here.... So I find myself sucked into this site, though I honestly HATE this site, I have a membership though. Its an awful Love and Hate relationship.... Ugh Please Hulu just take away these ads. We pay for this.

bobm127
4/18/15

Terrible programs, save your money!!! Netflix is the only way to go. Once you subscribe it's extremely difficult to cancel. I have been billed for 4 months Even after canceling, they just keep billing you! Do NOT subscribe to this service! !!!!!!!!

teei
4/12/15

love it

andyc55
4/11/15

I spend way more time watching the green 'Retrieving' bar slowly creep across the screen than I do watching the program. I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime and have not experienced this issue at all. I have contacted Hulu support for some time and they said other customers have also reported this. So, why don;t they fix it?

toddl16
4/9/15

Hulu Plus is absolutely horrible. They have crap content and we you leave.... they bill you for years on end. I have canceled x 3 and they keep billing me.

davidk128
4/7/15

Hulu has a decent variety, but far far less than what you get with Netflix. The quality of the video is very good and the audio is good as well. Hulu has manual and auto settings for quality, which is useful in areas where your internet bandwidth isn't optimal for HD and it works well most of the time. Often times though you'll end up buffering when it really shouldn't be necessary and no amount of pausing will allow it to buffer to a point where you can continue watching it. If it weren't for the ads it wouldn't be such a major problem. But it only buffers to the next add and then it empties your buffer has to start from nothing again, which frequently causes problems with less than ideal internet speeds. The adds are obnoxious and you're forced to sit through them over and over again if something happens and you're forced to refresh the video. The player has a bad habit of tracking your video way to far ahead when using touch screen controls on your tablet or mobile device which causes you to have to sit through more irritating commercials.
The bottom line is it's way over priced for something that has ads. I don't have cable for that specific reason. If there's ads, it should be free or at least much cheaper. I only plan to keep my subscription for a few months and then ditch it for 6 months or so and then renew my subscription for a couple more months. I imagine most people do it this way as the value is pretty mediocre. I like Hulu most of the time, but they really screw you over a heck of a lot.
There's no 4k resolution, but they do support 1080P and 5.1 surround sound. So reasonable quality for both video and audio.

shannonw17
3/31/15

It is a waste of time and money, what they present is great, but never expect to see it. You will end up seeing a frozen screen, more than the show, and still paying for it.

ihateh
3/26/15

I was on Hulu a second ago and was watching a really good show where a girl was about to die, and a fking stupid ad about daipers poped up and ruins everything!! Not just this time, but 500 TIMES!! It feels like I'm watching really boring uninteresting ads over and over and over more than I'm watching my show!! I can't take it anymoree!!! Hulu has more interesting shows and varieties than Netflix does, but what's the point if the varieties are messed up by horrible ads?!! I'm changing to netflix once I'm done watching this last episode, and hopefully NO ADS RUIN IT!!

Tip for consumers: Do you like watching cheesy, stupid ads 50 times till your brain pop? Then subscribe to Hulu! They have special features that'll piss you off so much that you will be forced to leave a review like mine about their ADS!

roberts227
3/16/15

awesome app for any one who loves to watch shows!

lindah78
3/8/15

mollyg3
3/7/15

I absolutely do NOT recommend wasting your time or money on Hulu! This website and their streaming features suck! Videos either won't play, rewind while you're in the middle of a show, the show will freeze on a frame but the show will continue or it will just stop and say loading! I have high speed internet and have no other issues with different sites I go on to watch other things! Not only that but you pay money and you still get a ridiculous amount of ads you have to watch! Don't ever pay money for this cheap website!

bradb41
3/7/15

Hulu is a joke. It has commercials, yes you can watch "some" of your shows but if you missed half the season its not available for play back. It stops randomly half way through an episode and starts replaying from the beginning. Hulu is just really really $#*!ing horrible. There business idea is spend no $ for rights to play full seasons like Netflix does. But add commercials which pays hulu. Then hulu charges us the consumer the same price as netfix. Hulu you are a joke. Do the world a favor and shut down

danm97
3/1/15

It happens and it's dropping the ball. Many shows that used to be free are now premium member only. We had a Hulu Plus membership for a while but figured it's not worth the cost if you still have to sit through advertisements during your shows. Another thing that is making Hulu less-attractive is the fact that you have to wait a week or more after the original air date to see some of the more popular shows.

brinnj
2/18/15

When it comes to following our favorite TV shows, we want what we want on demand, when we want it. Hulu gets used as much if not more than our DVR. For under $10/month, we have access to a huge selection including interesting content from overseas. The library satisfies needs for every family member regardless of age or taste. They have even added their own original shows. Hulu continues to keep their user interface very fresh and intuitive. Over the years, we have rarely experienced down time from the site. There are commercials, however spot breaks are under 90seconds. Content doesn't stay around forever. Some shows do expire. However, you can add your faves to your cue & receive updates about the status. Hulu isn't the only service we use, but with the MASSIVE amount of free content, it's a great bang for under $10/month! (*they do offer a selection of movies, but it is so poor, we rarely watch them)

alanad3
2/14/15

Very close to canceling. Show stops to load constantly, plus repetitive and super annoying commercials (ex - daily burn) commercials, and even stops completely mid-show and starts another show entirely. One extra star for the fact that I can watch a show after it airs and can watch a cable show. Can't wait to switch to their competition!

sethd14
2/14/15

Having been a member of Netflix for a couple of years now and being happy with that service, I thought I would give Hulu a try. I had been very happy with Hulu up until yesterday. During one of the commercial breaks while watching a half hour comedy, I was shown a very lewd trailer for an R-rated movie. I do not recall the movie name. I thought it was some kind of sick joke. The movie trailer featured male and female nudity (breasts and butt), along with such expletives as "$#*!" and "$#*!" repeated several times throughout the trailer. I was absolutely mortified! Thankfully no children were present. Extremely distasteful! This ad was completely out of place and over the line.

Tip for consumers: Apparently Hulu has very low standards for the types of advertising it allows to its consumers. If you would be remotely offended by the type of ad described above, I recommend highly that you do not subscribe for Hulu plus service.

vincej6
2/11/15

if I wanted to watch commercials and pay for them I would order cable TV or satellite TV I pay for my subscriptions to Netflix Hulu Amazon so that I don't have to watch ads, I cancel my subscription with anybody who shows ads during my shows I do the Internet TV so that I don't have to watch ads remove the ads and I renew my subscription I'm not paying for commercials Hulu sucks

lauriep11
1/26/15

Hulu is the worst! Shows just stop for no reason. You have to watch as many ads as you would on TV, but worse than TV because the same ad is repeated over and over, every few minutes. To get away from the ads, I subscribed to Hulu Plus. Huge mistake! Still a horrible ad to content ratio and random stops. And, because I've lost my password, I can't un-subscribe (or use the site) in spite of spending hours trying to navigate their impenetrable system, which inexplicably won't send me a password reset or let me email the company. Because I made (another) mistake of auto pay on my credit card, I'll have to cancel this card to get away from them. Bad, bad, bad.

marileneb
1/24/15

Hulu is pretty good. They would be better if they could cut down on the commercialism. Especially for a paying customer. I like the ability to watch a program I have missed 24 hours later. That is a brilliant idea. However, the downside are the commercials.

amandar37
1/23/15

I really like Hulu. I would rather pay for this then hos much cable cost. People have become very selfish about a couple commercials.

rachelc33
1/10/15

Why am I PAYING to watch ads, frequently wait for loading, and not be able to share. I understand the not wanting to give out the password to 30 friends and have so many people abusing the system. But literally two of us in the same household cannot us hulu at the same time.
So, what? we have to have 4 different hulu subscriptions for the household. I feel extremely taken advantage of. It is ludicrous.

Tip for consumers: Just don't.

hollyj13
1/6/15

Hulu is alright. The constand commercial breaks do get old. If I pause it and go back to my show, only SOMETIMES it will resume at my exact spot I left at. And there are plenty of times where the screen just pauses so that it can buffer. Get your $#*! together Hulu - never experienced these issues with Netflix.

kaylah11
1/5/15

Literally the worst movie site I have EVER experienced. First off, there are WAY TOO MANY commercials. The commercials last from anywhere between 3-5 minutes (might as well watch actual TV). Second, half the shows fail at streaming and consistently pause or disconnect in the middle. Third, buying HuluPlus is the biggest scam. It has no benefits over the free version other than access to a FEW more shows. For the same price you pay for Netflix or Amazon, HuluPlus still streams commercials and has access to barely anything. Additionally, there's no point in buying it if you plan to stream from a smart device because the technology doesn't even work on them. Stay away from this site. You are better off using Netflix, Amazon, or any other website.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT! Use Netflix or Amazon instead.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How do you stream it to your TV what equipment do you need to do it and what kind of cable package do you need to use it??? Cannot find any answers for the electronically challenged anywhere.
6/29/13
Answer
lisam109
A: You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions
6/22/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Why does hulu not have full season? Cause your competition does
6/22/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Hulu?