US Government's NSF

San Francisco, California, USA

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

So I had to make some extra money online (not easy. Actually, just about impossible) and I responded to a Pro Blogger job board about Hub Pages wanting writers. They approved me. They said that I would be paid like 5 - 10 based on the word count of the articles. I was told which topic to write and was given suggestions. I wrote the suggestions I knew about. After a while, it was not worth the time so I quit. And then I rejoined and a new lady was the "boss" now. And back then I had so many computer problems one time I had a keyboard problem and a not her time I had a mouse problem. It is VERY difficult to use a computer without either. It takes FOREVER to type an article! After 3 more months of active work, I was "fired". Eventually I sucked it up and deleted my account. (I saved the information first.) You are probably thinking I deserved to be fired be cause of my bad grammar but back then I made sure to type better. I am writing badly on purpose to get your attention lol. P.S. Hub Pages ate squidoo. R.I.P. It does not matter. Writing sites suck.

I have been on hub for 3/4 years. I love to write, read and connect. I also wanted to make some money. It was very very hard to get to know how to really make money, I tried to get paid the first year…and gave up. I would just leave to avoid writing too much for free and spend time trying to get to know how to get paid. I met some nice people and talented writers willing to share tips and experience, but money is a taboo subject, even in private messages.
It seems that a few writers make some money or pretend to, they could be part of a disguised promotion team. One thing, I was disenchanted, disappointed and left.I appreciate the community of writers but after censorship, religious trolling, I sorted things out.
It is sad because it was such a beautiful dream: being paid to do what I love to do...

Tip for consumers: Gi to grow your writing but know that your material is not protected (seen my work on another website) and that you won't make money… better go somewhere else.

its for sure one of the best way to earn online and easy to use

hubpages is a great place to share your opinions and thoughts and you also get paid for doing so.

I find it disgraceful that Hubpages only pays their writers if their revenue reaches or exceeds $50. They are making money off of people and deliberately refusing to compensate their contributors for their efforts. Hubpages presents an exploitative and unethical business model that shamelessly rips off those who create the site's content. I was disheartened to learn, today, that Squidoo has merged with Hubpages.

I have the same complaints about Hubpages that everyone else does, so don't expect this to be anything new. Just take into consideration that there is a reason you read the same thing over and over again about HP; that is because they are all true! First, the site does not pay well or at all. They constantly change their own rules to set the bar so they can get maximum dollars, yet not shell out a dime to those doing all of the work.

Secondly, there are a bunch of trolls and they are friends of HP management or either they are the writers making the most money for the site. HP keeps their censorship rules kind of grey so they can pick and choose what and who to ban at their own discretion. I recently saw one hubber, we'll call him GT, wrote an article about cyberbullying and the person he complained about, we'll call him TS, actually came to the hub and began attacking him.! Right on cue! TS complained to HP and then in turn wrote an article accusing GT of cyberbullying and GT actually got banned yet TS didn't! So two people complain and write articles about cyber bullying and only one gets kicked out. GT did not visit the others site. GT did not direct the hub at TS or even use vulgar language . TS did direct it towards GT. Why might you ask was GT banned, but not TS? Because TS actually works for the site. He can legally bully someone for their beliefs (God) and ban them for it. Crazy stuff! TS even went to GT's LinkedIn and twitter accounts!

I actually had the same problem with TS until I closed my page. Now I go back and read my favorite authors using a guest account, but I still see he is out on his crusade to eradicate religion. I guess he thinks he can do it by banning one hubber at a time.

Tip for consumers: Save yourself the tears and heartache. Just don't use them.

If you want to post article to this site, You must first understand their terms.

Great website to get free information to almost anything. Great way for inspiring writers get themselves out to the public. Many people blog and link their content to this site

I can sum this site up in one word and that word is "LAME".

Squdoo is better and they, unlike Hubpages do not yank every single post I make.

Go to :

There is a whole series of stuff on swipeauctions ranging from giving you the facts to refund advice. It is carefully written and has NO HYPE and wants NO money from you. It just wants to help you out. Watch the W5 video on the guy. The site tells you where to look. Bring popcorn. Very enlightening.