US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dana256

HappyBidDay is a good site as far as penny auctions are concerned. (in 15 reviews)

rossl19

Customer service and shipping have always been pretty good. (in 12 reviews)

lisaa16

They have a rewards program where you earn free bids that can be used for happy auctions. (in 32 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kristaj
11/20/14

I recently completed a positive review of Beezid, but I'd like to stress the absolute magnificence of this site right here - HappyBidDay.com. My 2nd day on the site and I won a christmas tree. Not just any christmas tree, a 7 and a half foot christmas tree. Those christmas trees are so expensive, this was a huge help to my mom. I can't wait to get it to give it to her. Now I just gotta win enough stuff to fill up all the space under that tree.

jamesh138
11/18/14

Being new to penny auctions I was really nervous, but having joined happy bidday, I feel way better about my decision. I didn't want to buy anything right away so I bid on their free auctions just to see how it would feel to participate. I enjoyed it so I bought the package I won. They gave me a few "promo bids", turns out you can only use them on the auctions for beginners. I saw a silver coin with a shark on it and knew I had to have it, I love sharks. I think I spent roughly 7 bids and it was mine. under 5 bucks and I've got a cool silver coin. I haven't won anything big yet, but I'm planning on winning something good for Xmas. I'm reading all the tips I can and stocking up on bids in the mean time.

gailh36
11/12/14

HappyBidday only wants you to buy more bids. You will win the first three of low end products..and then they have you hooked. After that the website hopes you do not notice the names of bidders...always the same bidding on a product, in a world the has billions of people. Take advantage of the 25 free bids and starter auctions, but after that close you're account.

michaeld102
11/10/14

I'm a seasoned veteran when it comes to penny auctions; although, I've been out of the game for awhile for various reasons. I joined happybidday probably 2 years ago and participated very little just prior to my penny auction hiatus. I've jumped back in this month and started up again on happybidday. I took the usual steps, updated my account information since I had moved, bought some bids and started bidding. I wanted a game console I knew would draw a lot of competition and spent a fair amount of bids on it. I realized I now had the option to buy it at retail price and get all my bids back which they did not have when I first joined so this was exciting. The auction ended, I didn't win, so I bought the console outright and got all of my bids back. Good deal. Now I have the xbox I wanted for my son and my bids are back in my account to use to win something else for him or myself. We'll see what pops up on my radar next. I highly recommend joining. It's awesome and you can't lose, even if you don't win the auction. Just buy it and get your bids back.

dougj7
10/28/14

I joined this site yesterday after seeing some of the reviews on here. I bought a bid pack and started bidding a little. When I woke up this morning I had already won my first auction. So far, 5 stars! Less than 24 hours and I'm already gonna get a $25 amazon gift card. I will update with more details when I get it.

10/31/2014 -- WELL I got my gift card. I actually got it the 29th. That's right, A DAY LATER IT WAS DELIVERED. How is that even possible?! I won a 7 inch tablet the otherday and a silver coin. I hope they come as fast as my gift card. This site is amazing, I am a customer for life.

michaelr104
10/15/14

Being from Canada theres not many options for penny auctions here. Found this site and was happy see they ship to Canada so I joined right away. I've won a few things, but they take a little longer than I'd like to arrive, but I guess thats because they have to cross the boarder from the US. Overall, good site. I recommend to Canadians who want to bid on penny auctions.

jessej12
10/10/14

I like this site so far. I just joined this week, and I already got the gift card I won on Wednesday, so that's cool. I let my boyfriend bid from my account earlier today and he won a silver coin and more bids so I can continue to win. We need a new blender so I'll be bidding on the next one, for sure!

Tip for consumers: If you're new, take advantage of the starter auctions. You'll win some cool stuff REALLY cheap. You can't use them after you win twice so do these first.

hazelg5
10/7/14

I joined Happybidday a few months ago, this penny auction site was not my first rodeo so I was pretty confident going in that I'd do at least alright. Well, I have done more than alright at this point. I don't usually start collecting holiday gifts until November, but I've been able to knock out almost my entire immediate family so far by winning things on here. I really love this site, the customer service reps have all been really nice and I like being able to play in their free facebook contests.

paulab19
9/17/14

I just signed up for the 59.95 package of bids.First time bidder.I've never lost 59.95 so fast in my life.Won nothing.I can't afford this site.They know how to take your money from you fast.I went on this site to save money.Who's the fool now?Me!!! Going away and never coming back empty handed.

Tip for consumers: Don't let these people walk away with your hard earned money.They conned me out of 59.95 really quick and I got nothing.

kimd26
9/9/14

Happybidday helped me start my xmas shopping early this year! I've already scored some games and gift cards for my kids and family and we're still 3+ months away from the holidays! I can't wait to see what else I can win to put under my Christmas tree.

jamess185
8/22/14

This website is pretty cool. I got free bids when I joined and was able to win 2 auctions without having to buy bids. Not only did I win an auction for a gift card, but I got more bids because they came with the card.

jasonh68
8/21/14

As a new comer to the penny auction thing, I was skeptical about this whole get an iPad for $2.00 story that they all broadcast. I haven't bid on an ipad just yet.... HOWEVER, I recently bid on and won a camera for under 10 bucks. Under 35 bucks if you wanna factor in the bids I used. Happy bid day is the first penny auction site I've used and let me tell you, they alone have sold me on the industry. Although... I dont know if I wanna venture away from them. The customer support has been a big help during my adventure learning the ropes of this thing. I vowed to write them a great review because of how much I like their site. Go join, but don't bid against me.

chloec6
8/15/14

I frequent several penny auction sites, but this one is by far my favorite. I've won many items for myself and as gifts for others. I have used Happybidday for over a year and have had only a single issue which was resolved satisfactorily and very quickly.

waidw
8/12/14

Signed up today with the small bid package thought I was getting special unlimited bids until you win your first auction,,,turns out that one and ONLY package doesn't get the "bottomless Bid" special (read fine print)... so I contacted support ..they said "we understand your frustration" but too bad (would have gladly paid the difference to the next package). I told them this was a scam and deceitful and would report them to BBB. Support then told me I was dishonest, refunded my money and banned me from the site... UnhappyBidDay

rosemariej1
8/12/14

My daughter told me about this site while I was over her house. I immediately felt the need to join so I hopped of her computer and registered. I bought my bid pack, placed a few bids and then signed off and went back home. I went to sign in the next morning only to receive a notice in my account that I was violating a policy. Apparently you can't have two accounts in the same house. I wrote them right away and told them the situation, they assured me my account would remain in good standing as long as I did not log in from my daughters house. It would really be nice to be able to bid at her place when I'm helping her watch her baby, but I guess for the sake of fairness and the desire not to be punished, I only log in at my home. I've won many items such as gift card, coins, and I recently won a blender... good thing because mine is on the way out.

eleanork
8/8/14

Bids of $131.02, checked bank ststment, July 18 and 21 but haven't recieved packages.
where are they? Please respond to yesterdays letter aug.7 2014.

sophiah3
7/29/14

After trying Quibids for a while, I thought it was time to branch out on to other Penny Auctions. I did some googling and realized there's not too many reputable ones out there and decided upon Happy Bid Day. So far I am loving their site. They have a special sections for newbies like me that lets you feel out their site before getting into any super intense competitions.

I kept reading about these free bids that they offered for the auctions with the smiley faces, but when I signed up I never got any. Turns out they made a change and some of the older reviews are pretty out of date. Now I guess they don't do free bids they just let you bid on the smiley face auctions by clicking the button. I read these had win limits too though so they're not unlimited or anything.

I have already won a half oz silver coin and a amazon gift card. I can't wait to win more things from here!

davidd93
7/1/14

This site is A-OK in my book. Joined at a neighbors after he told me how hes won a bunch of things, but when I woke up the next morning I had a message in my account that I violated a policy because I have the same IP as someone else. My account ended up getting closed, but I wrote them and explained the situation and they were understanding and opened up my account. I appreciated them not just blowing me off. Now I'm sure to never bid at my neighbors again.

litaj1
6/25/14

I've been using HBD for months now with a fairly high success rate. They recently changed the look of their homepage which I really like. Its much more user friendly. I only have one complaint and that is that I wish they'd put the ended date and time on their closed auctions. 5 stars all the way though!

jaclynl
6/12/14

After seeing a lot of commercials for different Penny auctions I decided to look into it because I'm a girl that LOVES a bargain. After checking out reviews, I decided happy bid day was the place for me to start. I joined, bought bids, and started bidding. I've already had some luck and I'm quite happy with their site, I plan on continuing to use them.

danh57
5/22/14

After using another site and feeling comfortable to migrate to another site, I joined happy bid day early in the week. Within 24 hours of registering I had already won 3 auctions, within 72 hours I had received 2 of my 3 wins! They must employ Santa's elves on their off season. I have never in my life received anything so quickly. I haven't had to deal with their customer service yet, but if it's anything like their shipping department I'm sure I'm going to be extremely pleased.

marym110
5/21/14

I won a $50 card to Amazon.com AND I received it in 48 hours. Can you say AWESOME!? I love this site, no body compares to happybidday!

jimmym43
5/20/14

I won 3 different auctions during my first day bidding on this site. So far, I've had quite a bit of success. Way more than I thought I would. Overall this place is good, you can definitely get deals you just have to put in a little leg work and see who your bidding against. As a newbie don't go an bid on the biggest item out there, try bidding on something smaller to get your feet wet.

dorothyp7
5/20/14

This is the best place to get things for pennies on the dollar. Thier shipping is very fast. I always get my amazon gift cards within 48 hours and my other items usually get delivered in a week. This is my favortie penny auction site!

tims59
5/16/14

I've been using penny auctions for a few months now and I really like this one. I always get my winnings fast and the customer service people are very helpful. I dont like that theyre not always there though But I guess everyone needs a brreak sometimes.

jennifers90
5/16/14

I've never used a penny auction before, but after hearing how a friend was able to win a bunch of things on one I knew I had to give it a try. I spent probably a week or two googling reviews and checking out different sites. I decided I'd spend my money at happybidday.com first. I joined, bought a bid package with UNLIMITED BIDS and won an auction that same afternoon! I can't wait to get my pizza maker and will update as soon as I receive it.

mackenzied
5/15/14

OMG! I love this site. I never thought I'd be into this type of thing, but after winning a few items I'm totally addicted!! I had one small issue, but it was my fault. I typed my address wrong, but after I wrote them they fixed it for me practically immediately which was nice.

jaysond11
5/14/14

My wife and I bid on several pay to participate auction sites. This is one of the best sites out there...They respond quickly to all customer service, ship products fast and are always giving us free bids because we are customers.

They know how to treat their customers unlike some of the other sites.

larryj20
5/13/14

I saw an ad on a website I was on and I decided to check this place out. My first visit I didn't buy bids, but I ended coming back a few days later because I couldn't get over the idea of such discounted items and I've had my eye on a new xbox! I signed up and got a bid package with unlimited bids for 24 hours. I didn't win the xbox I wanted, but I won a kindle fire. I wanted to give it to my mom for mothers day, but I didn't think I would be able to because I only won it last week. Would you believe it arrived in 4 days!!!! My mom thinks I'm the best son ever and I think this is the best site ever. Can't wait to win me an xbox!

jamesh114
5/1/14

An old coworker told me about this site and I was a bit skeptical, but I joined anyway. I bought some bids and started using their beginner auctions. Within a matter of minutes I had already won one! After you get 3 wins you can’t use the beginner auctions anymore so I moved on to their regular auctions. I didn't do too bad to my surprise and it's a lot of fun. I've told a few people already and actually got bids after they joined which was awesome.

sandyj15
4/29/14

I'm a mom of 3 so I'm always trying to find good deals. I heard about penny auctions before, but never knew what they were. After doing some googling, I decided to join happybidday.com. I have done pretty good so far. I had some trouble understanding how everything worked, but their customer support was so kind and really helpful. After registering I got some free bids and won a gift card to amazon in my first auction. My son's birthday is coming up, hopefully I can win him an xbox.

jamaw
4/11/14

Great site...I am a loyal bidder since 2010. Many penny auction sites went out of business because of bad practices. HappyBidDay has been in business for over 4 years and is one of the best sites out there. I tried them all and believe me stick with HappyBidDay.

jons59
4/10/14

I registered and they gave me free bids for their happy auctions. I couldn't buy a bid pack because I just paid the rent. What I love about this site is you don’t have to buy bids to play. You can use your free bids to bid on auctions that have a happy face icon. I won several items this way and overall savings around 50%. Great way to get bids for one cent auctions.

lillianf7
2/12/14

Very prompt in win deliveries.. nice variety of products. Excellent autobidder... can enter start price, amount of bids, and end price .. a feature I really appreciate since the bidder has control. Auctions almost continuous throughout the day. Free bidding on bidpacks, which are limited to two daily..very fair. Only downside is a fee for each auction win for delivery/processing and a foreign fee if US resident. But still one of my favorites.

scottw43
1/5/14

Scam, Scam and scam... I won a free bid bundle bid pack without entering any CC information...(WTF), I should have thought... I felt good to win an auction and felt okay to but what I had won by then entering my CC information. Then, once I see only a handful of the same user names bidding>>>(HUH)... Once I start using my (BID BUNDLE), I cannot win a thing(usually from the same user name who has been on multiple auctions for hours who end up out bidding me...HMMM?(ROBOT). They say "there is a sucker born every minute". I fell victim to this, try not to be the next. "THEY" also say," the only person who wins at the casino is the owner... Keep that in mind, this is new generation "HOPE" for a to good to be true "WIN"...

garyh45
12/19/13

I signed on two days ago, won some bids and bought some. After $150 was applied to my credit card they shut me off and I can't log in. 3 Emails, 3 phone calls to a non existant seeming customer support. I am still waiting for a response. I'll have to dispute the credit card charges and fight it. I give up trying to be nice. This is war Be warned stay away. crooks

archerb9
12/17/13

HappyBidDay.com is linked to BidCactus.com and Retailbidday.com. Penny Auction fraud.

So I fell for the Craigslist thing too, and got routed through several emails to the same message: "Hello Someone just purchased, but I can tell you where I got it from." Guess which site they directed me to? Any danger if I haven't bid on the site?

BTW, other names in the email tree, Tiha Anderson at tiha3570@gmail.com, the infamous Diana Cyrus (or Jean Paul Centore) at jeanpaulcentore@yahoo.com, pala at pala9573@gmail.com, and the original CL email, louishart378@gmail.com.

mistyr5
12/5/13

scam, you have to pay for bids to bid then when you win if you do? you pay the amount of the ending bid. what a scammers not mentioning all the hours spent

sharit2
11/14/13

HappyBidday use to be a honest bidding site... Something has gone very amiss ... All of this is my opinion based on fact and what I have come to believe.
1. HappyBidday ships almost exclusively from Amazon.com say for instance you bid on and win 3 items and they charge you shipping of 7.99 8.99 and 9.99 HappyBidday just netted there self over 26.99 just from you because anything over 35.00 is free on Amazon. They will ship all 3 in same box also.
2. They make you believe your bidding on a High Dollar item by jacking up retail for Instance Syma Helicopter 16.88 on Amazon Happybidday says its worth 152.00 that is too get you to bid higher believing your getting a real bargain I have seen them bid these all the way up to 50 something dollars... Its not illegal for them to lie but certainly unethical.
3. They have odd crashes at the last minute making you lose auctions very odd then say its your server not mine... Odd my server does this at no other time. I am not a computer genius and I do not know if its possible to scramble a ISP server but very very odd.
4. Lousy customer service when you call no one picks up just a recording saying we will phone you back. E-mail forget it!
5. Most items are bid way past what they are worth for instance Bissel steam cleaner 34.00 on Amazon bid up to 42.00 on Happybidday.
At least DealDash customer service is good... Items are listed at exactly what they are worth and if you chose buy it now you only pay what they are worth and receive all your bids back.
Yes happybidday has a buy it now feature as well example Amazon 25.00 Gift card and 100 bids buy now for 95.00 and get back all your bids... You can get a hundred bids on there for 6.00 if you bid on there happy auctions... I guess some people would be goofy enough to go for this deal but not I said the fly. If you get a chance log in and watch this auction site than post your thoughts.

kelliem
11/4/13

HAPPY BIDDAY is a fraud! I have checked out many of the penny auction sites and the best one is DealDash.com. i've won more prizes than I have spent on DealDash. On the other hand, I have spent 1300 bids and have not won anything. I got so used to the bidders that I started to keep track to see if anyone was bidding more than the value of the prize. There is an auction for a 1 pz silver bar. One ounce silver is worth $21.63 on Nov 4, 2013. The auction is for 1 oz silver and 50 bids. Bids can be bought for as cheap as 5 cents each. Silve ($21.68 spot price and $2.50 value of bids = $24.18). Right off the bat, Happy Bidday values this auction at $74.99 when it's true value is only worth @24.18. That's 3 times the value of the true value. Bidder steveo44 made over 1500 bids. The bids at 5 cents each is worth $75. At some point steveo44 wins the auction and not only has he spent $75 in bids but he has to pay for the prize and it was at $31.58. This means he paid over $106 for a prize worth only $24.18. steveo44 is a bidder that's a made up bidder Happy Bidday is making up to sucker other bidders in to bid on a prize package that's worth less than 1/3 of the value Happy Bidday says it's worth. Happy Bidday is such a fraud!! Save your money and go to silvertowne.com to buy your silver bars and rounds.

stephaniee9
10/8/13

I would give this site zero stars if I could especially for customer service.
They say they just fill out a customer support request and we will get back to you the
next business day. Well, it has been one week and one day since I have been trying to get
in touch with them, but still no reply. It is no wonder. It seems as if you can get a good
deal there. However, if you do, they will not let you pay for it. They say they take
all major credit cards and I have tried five different one's, even one connected with my bank,
and none of them have worked. They directed me to a site that does not exist. Prior to this I had questions and they got back to me right away, but since, they are mute. There is no way To get in touch with them, no number, no live chats, nothing. I even tried to hook up with This site's partner, Dwolla, a site located in Whales or some godforsaken place that you can Use to pay something sort of like paypal, with the exception that they ask you questions about people you don't even know to try to verify your information. They too are impossible To join or get a response from. I am sick over the time I wasted! This place absolutely
Disgusts me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask yourself, why would they not take Paypal or a CC (they didn't DECLINE, just told me there was some sorta problem and directed me to a non-existant site- I know this because I tried an old one that did decline. Forget this GO SOX!

kenf19
9/29/13

HappyBidDay has started giving 1st time bid package buyers BOTTOMLESS BID PACKAGES. Yes, for the first 24 hours or until you win an auction you can bid and bid and bid.
Problem is every other new player is doing the same. EVERY auction worth anything was bid to the hilt and usually took 24+ hours to finish. I saw a $100 airline card bid up to $120. Yes, the winner had to pay $120 cash to get his $100 card. Somebody got really frustrated with what's dished out on this site. I've noticed that bad auction results often do not make it into their closed auction listings, so there is no record of how bad it is.
After placing over 2500 bids to no end, I ended up getting a $10 item after bidding it up to $7.50 real money and placing over 250 bids. It worked! My bottomless bid package got me $2.50. I still have my 100 bids, but what can you win with 100 bids if over 2500 got nothing?
This site doesn't need shills or bots, it uses new members as shills to bid the auctions up.

skylert1
8/2/13

Penny auctions are not for faint of heart. Winning is not easy and they tend to be hyped-up as being easy to win. That being said, Happy bidday has been around a long time and I've always thought they operated fairly, shipped products on time, etc. Beginners should us the beginner auctions because the expert auctions are tough to win if you don't have a good strategy.

angelam13
7/27/13

I stay away from any site whose "terms and conditions" and "privacy policy" links don't work. Sounds like a scam to me. Especially when the true Overstock auctions site recently closed. I hope someone (FTC/FBI/AG's Office) will look into this one soon.

harryb11
7/17/13

Hey, I give you free bids just to take your money....am I a bad guy? I don't answer emails and the phone number never gets answered. Does that make me a bad guy? I need to pay the rent and feed my addictions too. Oh......Aunt Edna needs meds so I have to deal with that. If you can't tell.....I'm being sarcastic about this site. I used it and they did rip me off. I have proof with screen shots and video. Once I told these people that I was watching the same names winning everything......they closed my account without warning. Nice way to make a living......just take money and close accounts that see what you are doing.

rutha10
7/16/13

Ok....I was not born yesterday....I went to register and all I see are simulation bids and and an egregious bid package starting at .54 a bid! You've got to be kidding me!! Someone is rolling in the dough from this brilliant scheme but I'm sorry, I don't pay for promises without anything to legitimately back up the marketing hype and what seems to be "too good to be true" inflated double speak.....I will be passing on this site.....you should consider a free 24 hour preview to allow people to observe the site before forcing a purchase of bid packages.....anyone that buys into this under the current terms should have their heads examined.....or you have a lot more money than sense....PT Barnum lives....sad.....

robj15
7/11/13

Good penny auction site. Have bid a few times and won. It's not easy to win on any penny auctions but this one is as good as the next. You just can bid like a dummy.

New bidders should start with the Started auctions. Don't go for the iPads and tablets until you know what you're doing!

charlesg29
7/5/13

I've only been bidding about a week. So far I spent about $80 and have won about $100 in amazon gift cards. I like the concept and bidding is competitive which makes is fun.

rossl19
7/2/13

Happy bid day is one of three penny auctions that I participate on (quibids and pennygrab are the other 2). Happy has been around for a few years and, as far as penny auctions go, it seems pretty legit. I've won a few things and saved a few bucks. Customer service and shipping have always been pretty good.

missya1
6/27/13

I've spent about $85 on HappyBidDay and have won about $130 in gift cards. I'm definitely saving money on the site but it takes a bit of time. I'm not working right now so I've got plenty of that!