US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robj15

It's not easy to win on any penny auctions but this one is as good as the next. (in 22 reviews)

kimd26

I've already scored some games and gift cards for my kids and family and we're still 3+ months away from the holidays! (in 19 reviews)

daveh69

Fast shipping, great customer service, cheap wins, what more could you ask for!? (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mischal1
5/26/16

I have been off and on on various penny auction sites and my last auction site was deal dash 5 yrs ago where I lost hundreds of dollar bcos I feel the site is so scammed. I came across happybidday online and bought initial pkg of 300 bids 6 weeks ago.. I have been winning and though I had chased few wins but at the end atleast u can buyout so not major money loss. I have already won 20+ items in 6 weeks but I stay away from power bidders, I spent whole two weeks just watching the bidders and winning small items and now I have won many big ticket items. very pleased if u know when to bid and when to get out.. :)

betsym11
5/16/16

I've been spending my time at happybidday.com recently. Cheapest bids of the auction sites I can find.

dannye18
5/11/16

I first came across Dealdash but quickly learned they are crooked. The auctions they first show you when you sign up are not the same auctions you see as an existing bidder. It is not nearly as easy to win as they would like you to believe. I took my business to Happybidday and am so happy I did. They are the real deal. What you see is what you get with them. And I like that.

donnap54
5/10/16

I am loving this site. It is so much fun to bid on these auctions. There are a ton of different products and getting stuff for cheap is so exciting to me.

5/5/16

everything emmanuel says sums up my experience exactly, matter of fact, I have bid against the same person!! and never ever win, while I HAVE bid on stuff at quibids and HAVE won items on that site. This site is a joke! I have lost so much money and all I have to show for it is a couple of small gift cards which I completely overpaid for.

karend98
5/4/16

I love a good deal and winning while shopping. So many great products and I just love that I got my ninja blender for $7. You can either find me crocheting on the couch or bidding at happybidday. I love it.

stephaniei7
4/28/16

Can I just say how pleasantly surprised I am with happybidday? My wins shipped so fast! I especially like the happy auctions where I can bid for free. So much fun.

jaya72
4/25/16

I've dabbled in penny auction bidding on and off for years. HappyBidday has caught my attention recently. They have auctions you can bid on for free. I have never ever seen that anywhere else. The whole concept of penny auctions is you have to purchase bids in order to participate. And they have plenty of those too, but bidding for free is new to me. Great feature.

ethanp16
4/22/16

I used to bid on these auctions maybe 7 years ago or so and I just didn't like how it was done back then. A friend of mine told me about happybidday and how he had won some tools and gift cards so I gave it a look see. I can see how some people might get carried away bidding on the auctions, but you have to stay focused and don't bid more than you can afford to. It's pretty neat.

owenc19
4/21/16

Anyone who writes a negative review about happybidday doesn't understand penny auctions in general. I've been bidding on these sites on and off for years. And this one is actually really good...fair, fast shipping, best prices on bids that I've seen. You are not going to win every auction you bid on. That's just not realistic.

penelopeo1
4/13/16

You can win, but watch what you're doing. Some people just spend and spend just to win. Then they get mad when they've spent more than they think they should have. I have won, and it is really fun. Just don't go crazy chasing the win.

violetm3
4/12/16

I can't believe their bids are so cheap. And not just for a new customer or one special sale a year. They are constantly running special deals, giving free bids, and their bids are always cheaper than Beezid or Dealdash every time I compare.

janicer13
4/8/16

WOW! The best penny auction site around. I used DealDash and once I found Happy bid day I never went back. When you compare both sites Happybidday has better customer service, faster delivery, and it is much easier to win an auction. Try Happybidday I hope you are as happy as I am.

emilyl49
4/7/16

HappyBidDay is one of the best penny auction sites around. It's fun, exciting and has tons of brand new products to choose from. I won an iPad for $33.77, an Amazon Echo for $24.50 and $100 gift card for $7.50. I was very impressed with their delivery time and friendly customer service.

noral9
4/6/16

I love winning! I have won so many gift cards from here. They have all shipped super fast too. Some I give as little gifts and some I keep for myself. You don't even have to pay to bid in some of their auctions. It's awesome.

ellieg12
4/4/16

I love that they really have auctions for all levels of bidders. Plenty of auctions for beginners, which is really nice when you are first starting out. I learned to start in the beginner (they call them rookie or starter) auctions until I felt like I knew enough to start bidding on the higher ticketed items. That's been my strategy and so far it's been good for me.

elizabetho36
3/31/16

Loving this site! I don't know how anyone can really complain when there auctions you don't even have to pay to bid on. Bidding is fun and winning and saving money is even more fun.

nickh93
3/28/16

Recently came across this site and I'm warming right up to it. Got the most bids for my money than anywhere like it, too.

gracef16
3/22/16

I love the set up of this site, it's just so fun with the happy faces. As far as penny auction sites go, you do get the most bang for your buck here. Bids are always cheaper here. And if you can catch a special, you can get a ginormous discount on your bids. I also like that they have the most up to date products to choose from when you do win an auction.

savannahc6
3/17/16

This site is fun and has great deals. I looked at their blog page before I joined and it listed all of the recently sold auction prices. That's when they had me. I knew it was real and I could actually shop and buy what I needed for a stupid low price. Pretty cool.

coral39
3/15/16

Careful, this site is addicting! It is fun and you get sucked in bidding on these auctions with all these awesome products. It's such a rush when you win I can't even tell you. But, don't be a fool and just mindlessly bid until you've spent everything and have nothing to show. Watch. Learn. Bid appropriately.

cadencem1
3/14/16

I've recently tried my hand at these website auctions and I really like this one. You get a lot for your money - especially compared to the other ones. It's fun and even more fun to win an auction. I really enjoy it.

scottm149
3/10/16

There should be a disclaimer on how addicting this site is. The auctions run 24/7 and you don't have to sit and watch it the whole time, but you get sucked in. The competitive side of me comes out and I must win! And I have won, several times. Feels really good and I like getting brand new stuff on the cheap.

katem70
3/9/16

I love happybid! The auctions have a ton of products and stuff to choose from. And I love that they have contests on facebook where you can enter for free to win money. They do it all the time. It's pretty cool.

leoa20
3/8/16

I've recently joined happy bid day and so far really impressed with all the product selections and auction types. My wife likes the jewelry and kitchen appliances, but I tend to go for gadgets myself.

brycea5
2/29/16

Happybidday is pretty cool. Not only do they have a ton of auctions going, but there are also free to bid auctions, where you can bid and not have to buy bids to play. I think they are called happy auctions. When I'm bidding in the regular penny auctions, I use the bid runner feature so I don't have to watch it all day. I'm a fan.

hollyf15
2/25/16

Love happybidday. Such a fun auction site. Great deals and always giving away bids and gift cards on facebook.

normb6
2/19/16

The reviews are either way positive or way negative. The positive reviews are probably posted by shills. Someone is always bidding when the auction states "going." That could be a bot. Meanwhile the auctions can take days to end while you exhaust your bid supply. What has to happen for the auction to end? Does everybody have to become incapacitated or broke at the same time while one person with a lot of time and adderall, hangs in there? Yes you can get things for low prices but it might cost you thousands of bids.

zoen4
2/18/16

My mom turned me on to this auction site. It's so much fun, especially when you win! Wow, what a thrill. I myself stick to the smaller auctions. I seem to win easier there. They have a ton of cool products, it's almost overwhelming there is so much. Give it a go!

taddw
2/18/16

I love this site. I win at least once a month and receive my products within a few days typically. They've also stepped up their contests for extra chances to win. They do sweepstakes and other contests on facebook a lot.

addisonj5
2/9/16

I'm impressed with happy bid day. Great product selection and you actually get what is pictured. Winning an auction gives you a thrilling feeling too. I've got the bug!

cs131
2/7/16

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! Don't play penny auctions. At Happybidday I won, sure but just more bids. I couldn't even win gift cards..... Don't play if you don't have the $$$$$$ to throw away....

marys294
2/5/16

In my experience, happybidday is one of the last standing legitimate auction sites. I've won auctions and actually received the products I was expecting. You can really get some great deals.

penelopen
2/2/16

This is one auction site I have not had a problem with yet. Great variety of auctions and products and customer service has always answered my questions quickly; the few that I've had. Shipping is the fastest I've seen as well.

matthewl43
1/27/16

I was laid off work for a few months and while at home perusing on the internet, I found this auction site, happybidday. It's pretty cool. I first tried the free to bid auctions and ended up winning a bid package. So I used that to keep bidding. Then I won a gift card. That came in the mail within a few days, really quick. Pretty cool.

charlottec18
1/25/16

I have never seen an auction site that offered so many different products. Usually it's just gift cards. I also really like their happy auctions. They are free to bid on. All you have to pay for is the won auction price and if there is shipping. No catches. Pretty cool.

haileyr2
1/20/16

This is the coolest site. I find it fun, challenging, and stimulating. Finding a bidding strategy keeps you on your toes. And when you win, the rush is real! I've won several auctions and have received my products super quick, within a week typically. I've only interacted with customer service once, but they were very helpful.

abbyg10
1/18/16

I came across happy bid day when I was laid up with a running injury. I became a little obsessed with auction bidding and winning products. It's a bit of a rush when you beat everyone and win an auction! At first I was bidding on auctions with bid packs as the prizes so I didn't have to purchase a bunch of bids at first, while I was learning how it works. I think even when my foot is recovered, I will come back to bid. Especially because they even have "free to bid" auctions where you don't have to buy bids to participate. Cool concept.

kaih18
1/14/16

I don't think I've ever seen quite so many products to choose from in an auction site. Not just gift cards, like actual products. And as far as strategy and winning an auction, I personally have found it's been easiest late at night - fewer bidders. That's my experience anyway.

gracee12
1/11/16

This is definitely one of the best penny auction sites I've participated on. Huge selection of products (in one auction even). They always have specials on bids. I love this, because companies always give deals to new customers but existing seem to miss out, but not here. Customer service is super quick and helpful too, the few times I've had to reach out.

avap2
1/7/16

Cool site. Turns out I'm not great at winning auctions yet, but thankfully there is this cool feature of buy it now so I still got the tablet I wanted super cheap. I'm going to do a little homework and learn how this auction stuff works. My tablet shipped to me super quick too, which was great.

madisonc22
1/6/16

Now, this is discount shopping. My uncle had been using this site for a few years. He gave me an iPad for Christmas and I was shocked because he can't afford that. He won it on happy bid day. He is really good at auctions and bidding and now he's gotten me into it. There are so many awesome products to choose from too.

franka49
1/4/16

Undoubtedly one of my worst online experiences. Even if you win an auction ...you lose big time. I managed to win an auction for an amazon fire stick. ...after a few days I get an email telling me they don't have any. Can we send you an amazon gift card instead? The thing is I had not only already spent more than the new cost of an amazon fire stick , but also paid over $20.00 for shipping & handling ect. That was enough for me...to close my account ! I will never visit another online auction site of any kind, and I most definitely will not buy anything from amazon ever. !

jamess341
12/28/15

I make it my business to know all types of auctions and auction sites. This is one I would definitely recommend to anyone. You can get good deals on bids, always have specials. The product selection is incredible and they actually ship fast. A lot of auction sites, you won't see a product for weeks. This one is impressive.

oliviaw11
12/24/15

I really like what happybidday has going on. There are constant bid pack specials and my product wins always ship super fast. I've found a lot of great deals here.

rachela30
12/22/15

I didn’t understand how something worked and they got back to me in 2 hours and explained it in detail to me. Impressed with the online customer service here.

tjk4
12/12/15

You have to use hundreds of bids, and spend hours bidding on the product. The amount of bids you use is far more than the item costs. So even though you may win after long grueling hours, and spent a 100 plus dollars in bids, you really lost !

harperk2
11/27/15

SO many products. If you win an auction, you get to choose which product you want. I've already won some silver coins, gift cards and some speakers. It's awesome.

rachell111
11/24/15

I read some of the reviews and totally disagree with these customers. For several years now I have been bidding on auction sites and I must say by far this is one of the best. They have been around for over 5 years, deliver their product on time, get back to me same day and they don’t use bots. I am on several forums and this company has a good reputation. Not everyone bids responsibly and when they lose, well you know it’s some else that is at fault. They have starter and rookie auctions which are great for new bidders.

treverh
11/13/15

I have been a loyal customer since 2011 and have won more products than I can count. All their products are brand new and were delivered quickly. I had a few hiccups throughout the years and they always got back to me quickly and resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HappyBidDay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I'm sorry but what the hell is up with your site?I was stupid enough to buy over 4000 bid in auction and it has not come close to paying off once. I can't get my money back because I bought them in auction. Every-time and I mean every damn time I bid on a gift card of something people go crazy bidding on it till they are practically paid normal price for it or more than half if it worth more than $50 but at the same time someone else gets a great deal because no one bids that long against them. Smurfmine has gotten at least two $50 giftcard and and a $25 gift card for less than $2 each every damn week for the last 3 weeks. They even got a $100 gift card for less than $10 and has yet to pay more than $20 for a $50 gift card one time since they rarly go over $10 for them. Yet I can't get a $25 gift care 1am or 1pm during a weekday without people pushing the price to$20 plus $4 shipping EVERY TIME!!! I even started using the auto bid and lose because when I'm not watching $50 gift card don't get up to $1.50 to start it or now everyone wants to pay more than $30 all of a sudden. And Smurfmine has won more than 7 gift cards a week.I thought there was a limit to winning.Not just that xdestroyx gets a laptop every 3-5 days for less than $25 even the same one I was bidding on twice at $16 and $19 but the second I bid on it went over $200 and a different laptop again over $200 even though it has routinely been going for less than $30. And again xdestroyx definitely won more than 7 times a week in one day he won 3 of the things in my watch list and one or two things everyday after that and that is just what I was watching. I have spent more than $200 in bids and have not won one thing other than bids.I get logged off without warning and the screen still saying I'm logged in. I have lost multiple bid because even though I see the button go down it does not count mybid and EVERY TIME I bid on something it shoots up to a weekly high possibly monthly high. At this point I'm about to call scam. The same few people get rediculusly great deals no matter what time of day sometime only being up there long enough to get the deal and dissappear till the next great deal few if anyone bids on. Everytime there is a cap on the prize those same people can bid for days nonstop without running out of bids even though if you do the math they are spending at least a thousand bids over 12 hours on one item but they are bidding on two or more items at a time. Those are only 2 of the people constantly getting great deals and it looking like the same few people are getting the good deal. I have spent literally days on some of these so called "auctions" and have yet to win let alone came close to the deals these few people get on a daily bases. I have gone 48 hours without sleep only to see these few people to win in minutes what I have been trying to win or go more than 3 days straight bidding and actively bidding because when they realize an auto bid is on they slow down and take turns to run the auto bidder down. I can not see a way these last three week have not been a scam. These people are too lucky with significantly more bids than the $200 worth I bought on any given day and the ability to send days on the computer. I am not working right now and these people are up here more often and for longer than I am and you don't have an app so they can do it by phone and because they wait so long to bid it can't be the auto bid either. I am finding myself constantly asking when do theses people eat sleep or go to work because they are on 5-6 days a week actively bidding at the last second every 15 sec trying to coax the others to bid first or run down any auto bidder that might be on. I know because I was crazy enough to actually count down every 15 seconds on some of these bids and watching to know the auto bidder doesn't come that close to the last second to be the one bidding for them and as I have said I have stayed up for 48 hours on some o these bids. That with the fact they win daily sometimes multiple times a day despite the "7 wins a week" limit that is suppose to be in place and the same categories. I either need half my money back or something to show for this. $200 and I can't win a $25 gift card without outright paying for it as if I went to the store or site to buy it. All these great deals and gift cards sold for less than a tenth of the value conveniently going to the same people despite the only time I have left the inside of my house since I joined was to go to my hospital appointments. I admit I don't have the best of luck and there is a lot of competition on the site but the same person can get $75 in gift card for less than $6 like clockwork not counting the other 4-5 auctions they won and I have yet to win one $25 gift card. It is too much to believe that its just luck or competition with the amount of hours I have been on and the number of auctions to reach a weekly high after I bid on them or lost because the site logged me out or just didn't accept my bid.How can one person win over 7 gift cards a week 5 of which are under $5 each three under $2 each three weeks in a row all but one at least $50 in value without counting the bids included ad I have yet to get one $25 that didn't go up to $18 or bid on one $50 gift card during a month I can't go to work I have no kids all I can do is read watch tv and look around the internet keepin an eye on your site for a large majority of the day.I should have won something just by the shear fact that I have been staying up late waking up early and have not been able to work for the last month with over 4000 bid in my account. For crying out loud a xbox that cost over $300 was sold for $19.58, a $400 laptop sold for 19.56 a $500 laptop sold $20 and I can't bid on a $25 gift card without It going up to at least 18.50 with a $4 shipping fee or a laptop that has sold on this site four times in a row for $35 or less averaging around $19 suddenly shooting over $220 when I bid on it. Yet a few bidders such as LITTACROSS, Xdestroyx, smurfmine, or Ubidsrgone are constantly getting things at a tenth or less of the price despite it being a high traffic time of day or a popular expensive item. It is too common for it to be coincidence or luck at this point. Especially when some of them are doing it despite "win limits" such as the two wins per day, seven per week, or number of specific categories per month. There is no way Smrufmine didn't pass that limit the way they were winning gift cards daily or Xdestroyx winning laptops and other electronics with the max limit in categories per month is 14 some only 2 or three in some of them. After I got mad at smurfmine for outbidding me on a gift card that wasn't at $2 because the system would not accept my bid for some reason and bidding at the last second when the going sign turned red all night for two nights when it was just me and them till people started waking up and bidding again I looked through the ended auctions and smurfmine had over $500 in gift card and I'm sure that thing does't go back a full week and smufmine was still bidding against me for the $150 gift card. One of the cards Smurfmine won was a $100 gift card for less than $10 yet still despite winning that as one of six gift cards and one during the auction for the $150 giftcard was still bidding. In the course of writing this I have loss 2 gift card to 2 familiar names that have been kicking my butt for the last 2 weeks.I am losing too often some of the time due to being logged of without warning or simply not having my bid accepted for this not to be a con. Things conveniently shoot up in price when I bid on them too often for it not to be some kind of con. I lose to or get into a long drawn out bidding war against the same six or seven people way too often for this not to be a scam.
4/7/16
Answer
michellem170
A: I have no answer for you but had to try to post a comment (not sure they will leave or take it down) because I have had the exact same experience on this site, glad I am not the only one, thought I was losing my mind. I have been on quibids for some time and thought i would give this site a try, Funny thing is I bid against the same bidders! I wish i just stuck with quibids, at least I had a fair chance of winning something! I feel like we were scammed and I wish there was something we could do about it! -michelle
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
2/12/16
Answer
michellem170
A: the auction stops when somebody wins, it can go on for days! I stay away from those, actually I would stay away from this site period, I have spent hundreds and have won nothing but a few small gift cards but even then I paid more than the card was worth. -michelle
3 weeks ago