US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dana256

HappyBidDay is a good site as far as penny auctions are concerned. (in 16 reviews)

rossl19

Customer service and shipping have always been pretty good. (in 15 reviews)

kimd26

I've already scored some games and gift cards for my kids and family and we're still 3+ months away from the holidays! (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sams194
5/21/15

Those jerks stole my credit card info and went on a spending spree.
I've filed a police report and canceled my credit card, but geez!! Stay away from these thieves.

patrickm91
4/28/15

I'm really enjoying this site. Like some of the others have said, you do have to develop a strategy and watch and learn in the beginning or you could blow a lot of money. But if you take a little time to understand it, you can & will legitimately win brand new products or gift cards. They recently added Rookie Auctions for super beginners - I would suggest trying that first. It's fun to win something and get the product so cheap! There is a thrill to it.

donc55
4/24/15

I gotta say, I'm a fan of this site. I'm impressed with the whole set-up, process, prices. And every time I've won an item, I received it within a couple days, which was surprising. Smaller stuff like a gift card you might even get the next day. Pretty cool. After bidding on sites like these for years, it's hard to find a consistently good one. But this is it for me.

adamb94
4/23/15

This is a cool site once you understand how it works. I have won some gift cards and most recently a grill. I like the gambling aspect, but it's less risky than actual gambling. I like that all the products are brand new and ship super fast. Good experiences so far.

richards134
4/20/15

I've been in and out of gaming/gambling. I'm always on one site or another. For about 3-4 months, I've been on this site and it's a lot of fun, if you have a strategy and know how penny auctions work. That can take a little time. But this site has a huge product selection and always a ton of auctions up. I've also recently noticed they do facebook contests weekly to win bids. And sometimes they just put bids in your account for logging in as a promotion. It's pretty cool.

deannaj2
4/19/15

It is not a scam, but you do need to play carefully or you can easily lose a lot of money. So just watch carefully, you have a few options as a new player. I wouldn't buy a bid pack right away. 1st use the beginners, if you have never won anything you can win up to 3 things as a starter, then up to 5-6 as a player who has never won more than 6 regular items. Then bid on bid packs they are cheaper than buying them, you can take surveys as well for bids. Have fun, you can easily win things you want or need for half price.

nicolea12
3/30/15

I stumbled upon this site through an email I received. Pretty cool! There are a ton of awesome products in their auctions, although I mainly go for gift cards. When I win, I can either use for myself or use them as gifts - they are delivered fast!. I save at least half of the amount of the card when I win. It's awesome. Even if I lose, I just buy the card out right and get my spent bids back. That is probably what I love most about it. There really isn't any risk.

stevek53
3/26/15

I just recently joined over the last few months and I gotta say, I'm impressed at the product selection, the number of auctions at any given time, the rules they have in place to ensure fair play. It's just awesome. I found them on facebook too and they run some fun contests where you can win just by guessing a number. It's pretty cool.

katieh29
3/16/15

I've tried these types of sites on and off throughout the years, but this one I actually really like and will stick around a while for. It's easier to understand than some of the other auction sites. They don't gouge you and have a decent variety of products. I also like that they have a satisfaction guarantee so I feel like there isn't as much risk involved.

heathers56
3/9/15

I have used these discount auction sites in the past and sometimes they can be fun and you really get super good deals. But I've also learned that not all auctions sites are created equal. Happy Bid Day is the best one I've participated in. There are always a variety of products, and lots of auctions to choose from. They also give away bids on a regular basis just for logging in and contests where you can win gift cards just for throwing your guess out there.

markm165
3/1/15

the bid button keeps turning green and does not place bid costing me a swiss gold bar for 1.98? Hackers or is the site rigged?

abees
2/17/15

I've never participated in this type of auction before and I was alarmed to see the clock constantly resetting. I thought for sure this was a scam until I won a gift card and it came. I never thought I'd enjoy this type of auction, but it's alot of fun and I've won some usable stuff.

joei9
2/12/15

I've played around on PA sites for a number of years. I ran across this one while looking for another one. They were having a sale on their bids so I figured what the heck. I bought some bids and started bidding. Competition is a bit stiff, but overall I'm really pleased. The customer service is great, the shipping is really fast, and the products are definitely desirable. All around good site.

cindyb41
1/28/15

The people who say this place is a scam don't know what they're talking about. Everything I have won from this company has been sent. Granted, some of it has come a little later then I expected, but I still got it.

paulag12
1/12/15

I only joined this site because I had to complete an offer to get free tokens for a game I like to play. I decided to fool around a little just to see what would happen and sure enough I won some bids for real cheap. I figured what the heck and bought them. Ended up winning an amazon giftcard with my first 10 bids. It arrived this morning in the mail and was legit. I redeemed it onto my account with no problem.

dexj3
12/17/14

Im amazed how easy this is. I won bids. I paid for them. I used them. I won. Shipping is fast too.

missym5
12/11/14

My sister introduced me to this site and I really love it. I've already won 2 pieces of silver and a gift card and I've only been a member for a week and a half.

donp30
12/2/14

I like the large variety of items to choose from. I'm hoping to knock out a bit of my XMAS shopping on here. It's not only fun, but I've won several things in the last few weeks that I've been a member.

lm37
11/20/14

I have been playing Happy Bid Day for a while and I like it except this new way I would rather have one item to bid on because now you have five or more bidding on different items I hope they go back to the other way it is much easier to play.it is true but if your watch your web site it is the same bidder all the time and who can afford two bids at a time if you calculate the bids and the cost you can buy the item on ebay or amazon.i have been on happy bids da for close to 2-3 years but I am backing off because it is getting two expensive for the way you have it set up someone is reselling this for a lot of money/ sorry for the negative response but it was more fun to bid on one item at a time. the you know what you are getting

Tip for consumers: buy your bids on the action you get a beater deal

kristaj
11/20/14

I recently completed a positive review of Beezid, but I'd like to stress the absolute magnificence of this site right here - HappyBidDay.com. My 2nd day on the site and I won a christmas tree. Not just any christmas tree, a 7 and a half foot christmas tree. Those christmas trees are so expensive, this was a huge help to my mom. I can't wait to get it to give it to her. Now I just gotta win enough stuff to fill up all the space under that tree.

jamesh138
11/18/14

Being new to penny auctions I was really nervous, but having joined happy bidday, I feel way better about my decision. I didn't want to buy anything right away so I bid on their free auctions just to see how it would feel to participate. I enjoyed it so I bought the package I won. They gave me a few "promo bids", turns out you can only use them on the auctions for beginners. I saw a silver coin with a shark on it and knew I had to have it, I love sharks. I think I spent roughly 7 bids and it was mine. under 5 bucks and I've got a cool silver coin. I haven't won anything big yet, but I'm planning on winning something good for Xmas. I'm reading all the tips I can and stocking up on bids in the mean time.

gailh36
11/12/14

HappyBidday only wants you to buy more bids. You will win the first three of low end products..and then they have you hooked. After that the website hopes you do not notice the names of bidders...always the same bidding on a product, in a world the has billions of people. Take advantage of the 25 free bids and starter auctions, but after that close you're account.

michaeld102
11/10/14

I'm a seasoned veteran when it comes to penny auctions; although, I've been out of the game for awhile for various reasons. I joined happybidday probably 2 years ago and participated very little just prior to my penny auction hiatus. I've jumped back in this month and started up again on happybidday. I took the usual steps, updated my account information since I had moved, bought some bids and started bidding. I wanted a game console I knew would draw a lot of competition and spent a fair amount of bids on it. I realized I now had the option to buy it at retail price and get all my bids back which they did not have when I first joined so this was exciting. The auction ended, I didn't win, so I bought the console outright and got all of my bids back. Good deal. Now I have the xbox I wanted for my son and my bids are back in my account to use to win something else for him or myself. We'll see what pops up on my radar next. I highly recommend joining. It's awesome and you can't lose, even if you don't win the auction. Just buy it and get your bids back.

dougj7
10/28/14

I joined this site yesterday after seeing some of the reviews on here. I bought a bid pack and started bidding a little. When I woke up this morning I had already won my first auction. So far, 5 stars! Less than 24 hours and I'm already gonna get a $25 amazon gift card. I will update with more details when I get it.

10/31/2014 -- WELL I got my gift card. I actually got it the 29th. That's right, A DAY LATER IT WAS DELIVERED. How is that even possible?! I won a 7 inch tablet the otherday and a silver coin. I hope they come as fast as my gift card. This site is amazing, I am a customer for life.

michaelr104
10/15/14

Being from Canada theres not many options for penny auctions here. Found this site and was happy see they ship to Canada so I joined right away. I've won a few things, but they take a little longer than I'd like to arrive, but I guess thats because they have to cross the boarder from the US. Overall, good site. I recommend to Canadians who want to bid on penny auctions.

jessej12
10/10/14

I like this site so far. I just joined this week, and I already got the gift card I won on Wednesday, so that's cool. I let my boyfriend bid from my account earlier today and he won a silver coin and more bids so I can continue to win. We need a new blender so I'll be bidding on the next one, for sure!

Tip for consumers: If you're new, take advantage of the starter auctions. You'll win some cool stuff REALLY cheap. You can't use them after you win twice so do these first.

hazelg5
10/7/14

I joined Happybidday a few months ago, this penny auction site was not my first rodeo so I was pretty confident going in that I'd do at least alright. Well, I have done more than alright at this point. I don't usually start collecting holiday gifts until November, but I've been able to knock out almost my entire immediate family so far by winning things on here. I really love this site, the customer service reps have all been really nice and I like being able to play in their free facebook contests.

paulab19
9/17/14

I just signed up for the 59.95 package of bids.First time bidder.I've never lost 59.95 so fast in my life.Won nothing.I can't afford this site.They know how to take your money from you fast.I went on this site to save money.Who's the fool now?Me!!! Going away and never coming back empty handed.

Tip for consumers: Don't let these people walk away with your hard earned money.They conned me out of 59.95 really quick and I got nothing.

kimd26
9/9/14

Happybidday helped me start my xmas shopping early this year! I've already scored some games and gift cards for my kids and family and we're still 3+ months away from the holidays! I can't wait to see what else I can win to put under my Christmas tree.

jamess185
8/22/14

This website is pretty cool. I got free bids when I joined and was able to win 2 auctions without having to buy bids. Not only did I win an auction for a gift card, but I got more bids because they came with the card.

jasonh68
8/21/14

As a new comer to the penny auction thing, I was skeptical about this whole get an iPad for $2.00 story that they all broadcast. I haven't bid on an ipad just yet.... HOWEVER, I recently bid on and won a camera for under 10 bucks. Under 35 bucks if you wanna factor in the bids I used. Happy bid day is the first penny auction site I've used and let me tell you, they alone have sold me on the industry. Although... I dont know if I wanna venture away from them. The customer support has been a big help during my adventure learning the ropes of this thing. I vowed to write them a great review because of how much I like their site. Go join, but don't bid against me.

chloec6
8/15/14

I frequent several penny auction sites, but this one is by far my favorite. I've won many items for myself and as gifts for others. I have used Happybidday for over a year and have had only a single issue which was resolved satisfactorily and very quickly.

waidw
8/12/14

Signed up today with the small bid package thought I was getting special unlimited bids until you win your first auction,,,turns out that one and ONLY package doesn't get the "bottomless Bid" special (read fine print)... so I contacted support ..they said "we understand your frustration" but too bad (would have gladly paid the difference to the next package). I told them this was a scam and deceitful and would report them to BBB. Support then told me I was dishonest, refunded my money and banned me from the site... UnhappyBidDay

rosemariej1
8/12/14

My daughter told me about this site while I was over her house. I immediately felt the need to join so I hopped of her computer and registered. I bought my bid pack, placed a few bids and then signed off and went back home. I went to sign in the next morning only to receive a notice in my account that I was violating a policy. Apparently you can't have two accounts in the same house. I wrote them right away and told them the situation, they assured me my account would remain in good standing as long as I did not log in from my daughters house. It would really be nice to be able to bid at her place when I'm helping her watch her baby, but I guess for the sake of fairness and the desire not to be punished, I only log in at my home. I've won many items such as gift card, coins, and I recently won a blender... good thing because mine is on the way out.

eleanork
8/8/14

Bids of $131.02, checked bank ststment, July 18 and 21 but haven't recieved packages.
where are they? Please respond to yesterdays letter aug.7 2014.

sophiah3
7/29/14

After trying Quibids for a while, I thought it was time to branch out on to other Penny Auctions. I did some googling and realized there's not too many reputable ones out there and decided upon Happy Bid Day. So far I am loving their site. They have a special sections for newbies like me that lets you feel out their site before getting into any super intense competitions.

I kept reading about these free bids that they offered for the auctions with the smiley faces, but when I signed up I never got any. Turns out they made a change and some of the older reviews are pretty out of date. Now I guess they don't do free bids they just let you bid on the smiley face auctions by clicking the button. I read these had win limits too though so they're not unlimited or anything.

I have already won a half oz silver coin and a amazon gift card. I can't wait to win more things from here!

kenh30
7/17/14

Really like this site. Great deals and great customer service.

davidd93
7/1/14

This site is A-OK in my book. Joined at a neighbors after he told me how hes won a bunch of things, but when I woke up the next morning I had a message in my account that I violated a policy because I have the same IP as someone else. My account ended up getting closed, but I wrote them and explained the situation and they were understanding and opened up my account. I appreciated them not just blowing me off. Now I'm sure to never bid at my neighbors again.

litaj1
6/25/14

I've been using HBD for months now with a fairly high success rate. They recently changed the look of their homepage which I really like. Its much more user friendly. I only have one complaint and that is that I wish they'd put the ended date and time on their closed auctions. 5 stars all the way though!

jaclynl
6/12/14

After seeing a lot of commercials for different Penny auctions I decided to look into it because I'm a girl that LOVES a bargain. After checking out reviews, I decided happy bid day was the place for me to start. I joined, bought bids, and started bidding. I've already had some luck and I'm quite happy with their site, I plan on continuing to use them.

danh57
5/22/14

After using another site and feeling comfortable to migrate to another site, I joined happy bid day early in the week. Within 24 hours of registering I had already won 3 auctions, within 72 hours I had received 2 of my 3 wins! They must employ Santa's elves on their off season. I have never in my life received anything so quickly. I haven't had to deal with their customer service yet, but if it's anything like their shipping department I'm sure I'm going to be extremely pleased.

marym110
5/21/14

I won a $50 card to Amazon.com AND I received it in 48 hours. Can you say AWESOME!? I love this site, no body compares to happybidday!

daveh69
5/21/14

Fast shipping, great customer service, cheap wins, what more could you ask for!?

jimmym43
5/20/14

I won 3 different auctions during my first day bidding on this site. So far, I've had quite a bit of success. Way more than I thought I would. Overall this place is good, you can definitely get deals you just have to put in a little leg work and see who your bidding against. As a newbie don't go an bid on the biggest item out there, try bidding on something smaller to get your feet wet.

tims59
5/16/14

I've been using penny auctions for a few months now and I really like this one. I always get my winnings fast and the customer service people are very helpful. I dont like that theyre not always there though But I guess everyone needs a brreak sometimes.

jennifers90
5/16/14

I've never used a penny auction before, but after hearing how a friend was able to win a bunch of things on one I knew I had to give it a try. I spent probably a week or two googling reviews and checking out different sites. I decided I'd spend my money at happybidday.com first. I joined, bought a bid package with UNLIMITED BIDS and won an auction that same afternoon! I can't wait to get my pizza maker and will update as soon as I receive it.

mackenzied
5/15/14

OMG! I love this site. I never thought I'd be into this type of thing, but after winning a few items I'm totally addicted!! I had one small issue, but it was my fault. I typed my address wrong, but after I wrote them they fixed it for me practically immediately which was nice.

jaysond11
5/14/14

My wife and I bid on several pay to participate auction sites. This is one of the best sites out there...They respond quickly to all customer service, ship products fast and are always giving us free bids because we are customers.

They know how to treat their customers unlike some of the other sites.

larryj20
5/13/14

I saw an ad on a website I was on and I decided to check this place out. My first visit I didn't buy bids, but I ended coming back a few days later because I couldn't get over the idea of such discounted items and I've had my eye on a new xbox! I signed up and got a bid package with unlimited bids for 24 hours. I didn't win the xbox I wanted, but I won a kindle fire. I wanted to give it to my mom for mothers day, but I didn't think I would be able to because I only won it last week. Would you believe it arrived in 4 days!!!! My mom thinks I'm the best son ever and I think this is the best site ever. Can't wait to win me an xbox!

jamesh114
5/1/14

An old coworker told me about this site and I was a bit skeptical, but I joined anyway. I bought some bids and started using their beginner auctions. Within a matter of minutes I had already won one! After you get 3 wins you can’t use the beginner auctions anymore so I moved on to their regular auctions. I didn't do too bad to my surprise and it's a lot of fun. I've told a few people already and actually got bids after they joined which was awesome.