US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dana256

HappyBidDay is a good site as far as penny auctions are concerned. (in 19 reviews)

rossl19

Customer service and shipping have always been pretty good. (in 21 reviews)

kimd26

I've already scored some games and gift cards for my kids and family and we're still 3+ months away from the holidays! (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cs131
2/7/16

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! Don't play penny auctions. At Happybidday I won, sure but just more bids. I couldn't even win gift cards..... Don't play if you don't have the $$$$$$ to throw away....

marys294
2/5/16

In my experience, happybidday is one of the last standing legitimate auction sites. I've won auctions and actually received the products I was expecting. You can really get some great deals.

penelopen
2/2/16

This is one auction site I have not had a problem with yet. Great variety of auctions and products and customer service has always answered my questions quickly; the few that I've had. Shipping is the fastest I've seen as well.

matthewl43
1/27/16

I was laid off work for a few months and while at home perusing on the internet, I found this auction site, happybidday. It's pretty cool. I first tried the free to bid auctions and ended up winning a bid package. So I used that to keep bidding. Then I won a gift card. That came in the mail within a few days, really quick. Pretty cool.

charlottec18
1/25/16

I have never seen an auction site that offered so many different products. Usually it's just gift cards. I also really like their happy auctions. They are free to bid on. All you have to pay for is the won auction price and if there is shipping. No catches. Pretty cool.

haileyr2
1/20/16

This is the coolest site. I find it fun, challenging, and stimulating. Finding a bidding strategy keeps you on your toes. And when you win, the rush is real! I've won several auctions and have received my products super quick, within a week typically. I've only interacted with customer service once, but they were very helpful.

abbyg10
1/18/16

I came across happy bid day when I was laid up with a running injury. I became a little obsessed with auction bidding and winning products. It's a bit of a rush when you beat everyone and win an auction! At first I was bidding on auctions with bid packs as the prizes so I didn't have to purchase a bunch of bids at first, while I was learning how it works. I think even when my foot is recovered, I will come back to bid. Especially because they even have "free to bid" auctions where you don't have to buy bids to participate. Cool concept.

kaih18
1/14/16

I don't think I've ever seen quite so many products to choose from in an auction site. Not just gift cards, like actual products. And as far as strategy and winning an auction, I personally have found it's been easiest late at night - fewer bidders. That's my experience anyway.

gracee12
1/11/16

This is definitely one of the best penny auction sites I've participated on. Huge selection of products (in one auction even). They always have specials on bids. I love this, because companies always give deals to new customers but existing seem to miss out, but not here. Customer service is super quick and helpful too, the few times I've had to reach out.

avap2
1/7/16

Cool site. Turns out I'm not great at winning auctions yet, but thankfully there is this cool feature of buy it now so I still got the tablet I wanted super cheap. I'm going to do a little homework and learn how this auction stuff works. My tablet shipped to me super quick too, which was great.

madisonc22
1/6/16

Now, this is discount shopping. My uncle had been using this site for a few years. He gave me an iPad for Christmas and I was shocked because he can't afford that. He won it on happy bid day. He is really good at auctions and bidding and now he's gotten me into it. There are so many awesome products to choose from too.

franka49
1/4/16

Undoubtedly one of my worst online experiences. Even if you win an auction ...you lose big time. I managed to win an auction for an amazon fire stick. ...after a few days I get an email telling me they don't have any. Can we send you an amazon gift card instead? The thing is I had not only already spent more than the new cost of an amazon fire stick , but also paid over $20.00 for shipping & handling ect. That was enough for me...to close my account ! I will never visit another online auction site of any kind, and I most definitely will not buy anything from amazon ever. !

jamess341
12/28/15

I make it my business to know all types of auctions and auction sites. This is one I would definitely recommend to anyone. You can get good deals on bids, always have specials. The product selection is incredible and they actually ship fast. A lot of auction sites, you won't see a product for weeks. This one is impressive.

oliviaw11
12/24/15

I really like what happybidday has going on. There are constant bid pack specials and my product wins always ship super fast. I've found a lot of great deals here.

rachela30
12/22/15

I didn’t understand how something worked and they got back to me in 2 hours and explained it in detail to me. Impressed with the online customer service here.

tjk4
12/12/15

You have to use hundreds of bids, and spend hours bidding on the product. The amount of bids you use is far more than the item costs. So even though you may win after long grueling hours, and spent a 100 plus dollars in bids, you really lost !

harperk2
11/27/15

SO many products. If you win an auction, you get to choose which product you want. I've already won some silver coins, gift cards and some speakers. It's awesome.

rachell111
11/24/15

I read some of the reviews and totally disagree with these customers. For several years now I have been bidding on auction sites and I must say by far this is one of the best. They have been around for over 5 years, deliver their product on time, get back to me same day and they don’t use bots. I am on several forums and this company has a good reputation. Not everyone bids responsibly and when they lose, well you know it’s some else that is at fault. They have starter and rookie auctions which are great for new bidders.

treverh
11/13/15

I have been a loyal customer since 2011 and have won more products than I can count. All their products are brand new and were delivered quickly. I had a few hiccups throughout the years and they always got back to me quickly and resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

sarahc139
11/12/15

I am fairly new to penny auctions and this site had a friendly format. From the time you register and buy bids they have a representative on their site that talks you through the process. I am the type of person that doesn’t like to read, so hearing someone explain the process was perfect. I won 3 auctions and received all my product within a week.

mabelt3
11/3/15

A friend of mine in my community told me about this auction site. She had won a really nice mixer and some gift cards at an unbelievable discount. So I figured I would give it a try. Glad I did! My favorite so far are their Happy Auctions. You get to bid on those for free! I'm a bit of a penny pincher so that's right up my alley. Although, I will be purchasing some bids soon and trying my hand at some other products and auctions now that it's holiday shopping season.

pennyz
10/28/15

THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY. IF YOU DO THE MATH, ALL PENNY SITES RIP YOU OFF BUT THIS COMPANY PRIDES THEMSELVES ON BEING "HONEST" AND THEY ARE FAR FROM IT. SLOW WEBSITE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! DONT BUY INTO THEIR SCAM!!!!

ibrahims21
10/25/15

I think I trust the site - I'm thinking they set up some automatic computer generated bidder to keep people biding. I do not trust the site.

jamiea20
10/20/15

I've participated in many auction sites over the years and I have to say I really like this one. There are always fun specials that give you deals on bids, tons of different products and even if you lose you can still buy the product at their low price. I especially like how an auction features 15 products. So if you win, you have the choice of the product you want. Very neat feature.

tammys47
10/5/15

Auction sites don't usually have the amount and variety of products that happy bid day does. I think since they've added a style auction called choose-ones, I've seen the amount of products available significantly increase. There is something for everyone. Their customer service department is always timely and helpful if there are any issues. I also love how fast their shipping process is. Other auctions I've waited weeks to receive my winnings. It's just a few days at happy bid day. Love these guys.

gabel12
9/25/15

I've been bidding and winning on this site for about 7 months now.SO many awesome products. I even won a new vacuum for my mom's birthday. I can't believe the prices some of these auctions close out on, but when you win and it happens to you - what a feeling! I've gotten to a point where I know if certain aggressive bidders are on an auction, I don't even try on that one. There are so many other auctions to choose from anyway.

rileyd19
9/23/15

I've heard mixed reviews about auction sites but I got some free bids for this site and decided to try it. I started in the Rookie auctions since I am a rookie lol. I won a $15 Amazon gift card! And received it within a few days. I'm learning to bid on certain auctions that are in my range until I'm more experienced. So far so good for me! I'm going to keep doing my research and developing a strategy to win bigger products too. I'm excited!

christophere17
9/13/15

I loved quibids so much I thought I would give this one a try. Don't waste your time on it. They give good discount for bid packs and have good opportunities to get free bid packs, but that's what makes it bad because everyone has so many bids at all times and it takes forever for an auction to get over. That's the only case they would have so many going at once is because they never end. They add bids into the prizes so they canaje it a higher retail.value and peak interest and that's crap. The worst thing is that they have a cap on most items so people won't ever stop bidding and the item can look like a good deal. That's not how penny auctions work. This site is just terrible. And that's putting it lightly.

snoopyc
9/13/15

this site is a scam, they phone numbers dont work. The dont responside to emails. They use bots. NO Won Wins

emmar35
9/10/15

One of my favorite hobbies in my spare time is auction bidding. A friend of mine showed me happybidday a couple years ago. I'm glad I had a friend to kind of show me the ropes. I've had the hang of it for some time now and it's not only fun, but the thrill of winning just can't be described. I've always received my won items within the week of payment also. It's awesome!

kittik
9/8/15

This is the only bid site you can find the bidder keep going 48-96 hours non stop just for one item. Also they keep going almost to the item retail price or more then the retail price which is really funny. strongly recommend for Canadian not to go for this site as you have to pay a huge amount for shipping.

sophiaw11
9/2/15

I have always loved auctions. I've been bidding on happy bid day for about a year now. They're always running good deals on bid packs and have a ton of auctions up with a big variety of products. I've won several gift cards, a couple kitchen appliances and a tablet I gave to my nephew as a birthday gift. I received my wins usually within 3-4 days. Great auction site.

beverlyp17
8/31/15

I have always been a thrift store shopper, deal chaser, and penny pincher. I've come across some really great finds and this happybidday is one of them. I'm able to do some of Christmas shopping this way too. You have to have patience & time in the beginning to learn how to win these auctions, but once you do, you will be hooked.

sallyg17
8/28/15

My lifestyle has recently changed and I no longer work FT days. With all this new found time, I've been online quite a bit and I found this site. I didn't buy anything at first because I had never participated in this type of auction. They have a certain set of auctions that are free to bid on, which is awesome for newcomers like me. I actually won a gift card so I purchased it for what the auction ended at and received it 2 days later. They were running a promotion so I ended up buying a bid pack. I still pretty much keep to the free to bid auctions and the rookie auctions until I gain more experience. It's fun to win and get a good deal on top of it!

bkyn
8/2/15

PayPal stopped being allowed, for there was to many complaints and chargebacks. Hmmm, are they Happy… NO SCAM sucks you bids Dry! Only the plants people win, Check my other post, See the names, if they are bidding on an item you are guaranteed NOT to win. They are Plants to run up bids then win.

edwardd19
7/13/15

if you see "tan111" or "chas27" don't throw away you bids. They don't stop no matter what the cost. Sometimes they pick one item and keep winning it one after the other until HBD finally stops offering it. If you frequent the site you'll notice loyal old timers slowly drifting away. I think HBD is making changes for the worse even if they give them short term gains.

jodyd9
6/26/15

This is the best auction site I've come across or participated in. Bids are cheap, sometime really cheap depending what the special is. Products ship super fast. I've received all of my wins within 3 days. I've used these penny auction sites on and off for year. This one is my favorite.

jeanettew4
6/22/15

I came across an ad for this site a few months ago and gave it a shot.I lost some money at first because I had no idea what I was doing. The idea that I could win jewelry or an Amazon gift card for just a few dollars really appealed to me. So I educated myself and read the help sections they have and other people's suggestions and I won my first product! It shipped within a couple days. I feel more confident on how and what to bid on now.

jillg12
6/17/15

I used to bid on these type of sites all the time, but stopped for a while because I didn't have the time. Now I do. This one is great - big variety of auctions and products, fast shipping. Other auction sites have too much competition or too little auctions, but this site doesn't seem to have that issue.

joem138
6/10/15

I thought this was too good to be true when I first heard about it, but sure enough it's the real deal. I have won iPods, gift cards, jewelry as gifts for the women in my family. I've read some of the slanderous things people have written about this site - total opposite of my experience. I think they must be angry they can't figure out how an auction site works and just lashed out instead of learning.

johnb391
6/9/15

A friend told me about this site. I used to be a big ebay shopper. This site is really cool when you understand it. I bought some "bids" - like tokens or chips. There are so many auctions up with so many different products And these products are brand new, unlike ebay. I started out just bidding on the Rookie auctions and starter auctions. Seemed like less competition and just easier to learn the concept and strategy. I have won a gift card and a blender so far. It's fun!

sams194
5/21/15

Those jerks stole my credit card info and went on a spending spree.
I've filed a police report and canceled my credit card, but geez!! Stay away from these thieves.

patrickm91
4/28/15

I'm really enjoying this site. Like some of the others have said, you do have to develop a strategy and watch and learn in the beginning or you could blow a lot of money. But if you take a little time to understand it, you can & will legitimately win brand new products or gift cards. They recently added Rookie Auctions for super beginners - I would suggest trying that first. It's fun to win something and get the product so cheap! There is a thrill to it.

donc55
4/24/15

I gotta say, I'm a fan of this site. I'm impressed with the whole set-up, process, prices. And every time I've won an item, I received it within a couple days, which was surprising. Smaller stuff like a gift card you might even get the next day. Pretty cool. After bidding on sites like these for years, it's hard to find a consistently good one. But this is it for me.

adamb94
4/23/15

This is a cool site once you understand how it works. I have won some gift cards and most recently a grill. I like the gambling aspect, but it's less risky than actual gambling. I like that all the products are brand new and ship super fast. Good experiences so far.

richards134
4/20/15

I've been in and out of gaming/gambling. I'm always on one site or another. For about 3-4 months, I've been on this site and it's a lot of fun, if you have a strategy and know how penny auctions work. That can take a little time. But this site has a huge product selection and always a ton of auctions up. I've also recently noticed they do facebook contests weekly to win bids. And sometimes they just put bids in your account for logging in as a promotion. It's pretty cool.

deannaj2
4/19/15

It is not a scam, but you do need to play carefully or you can easily lose a lot of money. So just watch carefully, you have a few options as a new player. I wouldn't buy a bid pack right away. 1st use the beginners, if you have never won anything you can win up to 3 things as a starter, then up to 5-6 as a player who has never won more than 6 regular items. Then bid on bid packs they are cheaper than buying them, you can take surveys as well for bids. Have fun, you can easily win things you want or need for half price.

nicolea12
3/30/15

I stumbled upon this site through an email I received. Pretty cool! There are a ton of awesome products in their auctions, although I mainly go for gift cards. When I win, I can either use for myself or use them as gifts - they are delivered fast!. I save at least half of the amount of the card when I win. It's awesome. Even if I lose, I just buy the card out right and get my spent bids back. That is probably what I love most about it. There really isn't any risk.

stevek53
3/26/15

I just recently joined over the last few months and I gotta say, I'm impressed at the product selection, the number of auctions at any given time, the rules they have in place to ensure fair play. It's just awesome. I found them on facebook too and they run some fun contests where you can win just by guessing a number. It's pretty cool.

katieh29
3/16/15

I've tried these types of sites on and off throughout the years, but this one I actually really like and will stick around a while for. It's easier to understand than some of the other auction sites. They don't gouge you and have a decent variety of products. I also like that they have a satisfaction guarantee so I feel like there isn't as much risk involved.

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HappyBidDay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question