US Government's NSF

1st Review:
kimi

91 Reviews for Haggle.com

Review Highlights

I also beleive there may be what is called shill bidders on the site.

i took the time to educate myself before spending money on the site.

Many of them are saying that marathon bidding is the best way to go.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/28/11

I don't know what the other posts have a problem with. Haggle.com is NOT a scam. If you want to get a good deal Go to Haggle.com. I got an ipad 2 for $20.21. Only cost me 20 bids. And $40 dollars what a steal. This site is the best I've been to EVER!!!. Long live the Auctions. The only people whom may feel ripped off this the losers who don't know how to bid right. LOL SUCKERS!!!!!!!!

9/4/10

I watched this website for several hours one night while I was working the graveyard shift. In one auction a particular bidder bid at exactly 18 sec left every time. This went on for hours. NO doubt it was automated bidding. This "bidder" eventually won, only after many others wore themselves and the bid accounts out. I did actually win a $50 gift card under the "beginner" category. I wonder if this is just to lure in the novice bidders to spent more on bids to throw away in auctions with the automated bidders. Hmm, casinos have been "letting" people win pocket change only to entice them to lay down more money.

8/14/10

I hate this stupid site! The timer gets down to one second and every single time someone clicks it at one second the timer goes back up to 8-10 more seconds and then goes back to one and back to 8-10 again...on and on like that. It seems never ending. I was watching this one auction & there were two-three people having a bidding war where they kept clicking it at one sec. and the time just kept going up and down seemingly nonstop.
You have to buy bids, which can run up to $100 or more. The way these bids go it seems you need to spend $100 or more on bids just to get the item. It's so frustrating spending hrs. watching an auction to see if it is ever going to end. Then it's a gamble as to when to click bid, because you never know if someone else is going to click it and the timer's going to go back up again. You sit there afraid to click bid because it looks like someone is going to click it too. So, you wait and wait, until it looks like the bidding is dying down, then click bid and there goes the timer back up and you didn't win the item. GRRR....
On this site you could easily spend more than an item is worth in bids just to be able to win the item. It seems this site and others like it are only good for those who run the site. They make lots of money off of people who are buying the bids and paying way more than an item's worth just to win the auction.
Stick with ebay. You can get items cheaper than in the store, you don't have to buy bids, and when the time runs out, the auction is over. You can click at the last minute and actually win the item on ebay. My suggestion to anyone who wants items less than in the store, go to ebay or other sites like it and stop wasting money to buy bids just to end up not getting anything on these stupid penny auction sites.

8/5/10

This website is a complete scam. They've got auto bidders to outbid any real bidders for product that they probably don't even have. They add more time each time a bid is made to give the auto bidder a chance to outbid you. What a crock. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE OR DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY ON BIDS!!! Seriously, what kind of auction site makes you pay per bid. That is CRAZY, but a very good hustle and scam.

8/4/10

I feel really stupid...four different times (not three) I got down to the winning 0 seconds and It displayed , "Haggle has encountered an error processing you bid-Please refresh this page". Lets review the possibilites of this happening....not any possibilities. My computer is four months old and I have never seen this response on any page. I am on high speed broad band and have never seen an error message asking me to refresh my page. I didn't even know where the refresh button was.This is a glorified slot machine, that is electronically controlled by the webmaster. BE WARNED

5/27/10

They will let bids come through at 1 and 2 sec. and then another time it shuts down at 2 sec. and it won't take your bid.
They have also changed the rules on what you can bid on??? depending upon how many items you have won???

5/27/10

I think it is a ridiculous.. Any type of online bidding situation I've encountered has a finite end to it. Upon using my free bid, I immediately realized that your bid adds time to the "auction", so it can go on forever. Don't waste your time.

5/20/10

Watch the items for a little while before you bid see whos bidding and how often then you decide how you want to bid, I wouldnt bid on the things that the same people are continuously bidding on

5/12/10

I give this a big thumbs down. Don't waste your money. After watching for awile I decided to try this worthless site. I started bidding and I decided that I would bid untill I won no matter what the cost. Three times I bid. Starting my bid late into the bidding, this way I wouldn't waste as much money. all three times the computer didn't accept my bid after 50 or 60 bids and the opponent won. all three times I caused the average cost to go way down in the low 70% and 80 % . This is a scam if ever iv"e seen one. Stay Away unless you want to waste your money. If you do just send it to me. I'll be glad to spend it for you.

5/10/10

The web site should be illegal. People lose a lot of money thinking they will win by bidding on an item. If you like, you will love the web site, but don't expect to ever win. The only winners are the owners of the web site. Beware!! Don't even try the site. You will have a better chance of winning the lottery.
Ron G.

4/21/10

Haggle.com is not a scam. Do your homework, get a strategy, buy some bids and rock on. Watch the board before bidding. My household has won 18 items, all new, including a 32 GB IPOD for $15.30. I have lost bids as well, but quickly learned HOW to play the game. I LOVE IT!!!

4/19/10

I will suggest that everyone here go to RipOffReport.com and file a complaint against Haggle.com. I did.
I think we all know that the Haggle owners are making piles of money without giving the REAL users a chance to ever win. In the auctions, you can sit back and watch as, time after time, "winners" take home winning items from 80 to 90 per cent off. It looks tempting to throw in your bid until and, when you do, you will find that the price goes up until you run out of bids or until, at the last minute, the computer "mysteriously" freezes when you click the one second bid.
This site is definitely a scam.
Along with this site, go to RipOffReport.com and file a complaint. In the event that they have enough complaints, there may be a class-action law-suit after the investigation and you could be compensated.
I am not sure if compensation will ever happen for me, but it will bring me great joy to see Haggle and other rip-off sites brought to justice.
Good luck and I hope you get back what they stole.
They are thieves!

4/13/10

this site is a rip off and/or the biggest waist of time in your life! I hope as many people as possible report them to the BBC as I am, they are basicly a gambling site. The one person on here you says they have won any thing, has gotten any of the items yet, scam scam scam! Dont do it, waste of money, after checking it out there are a million of these types of sites out there, work the same way, all ripping people off leagaly for now.

4/7/10

I've read over several of the reviews of the Haggle.com website and have to say that I can see all sides of the feedback.

I personally won a 64gb IPod Touch for $22.60 and was absolutely skeptical until I recieved it as advertised 8 business days after winning the auction. The item was brand new and shipped directly from Best Buy with unopened packaging.

While I can certainly see why people are upset about not winning an auction and would think there are "inside bidders", there is no proof of this and it's part of the risk you take in any auction.

I will not be bidding on other items simply because I don't want to purchase more bids and really don't need anything else at this time. If in the future I am looking for competitive pricing on a laptop or other electronics, I would consider revisiting the site with the anticipation that I will have to spend money that may not reap a reward.

Not a sermon, just a thought!

3/31/10

This for those of you that don't think this site is a scam. Let's look at the numbers. If an item sells for $100 in your local store and the winning bid is $16.70 guess how much Haggle made on bids: $102.00 without the $16.70. The explanation: The lowest price for a bid is 60¢. Every bid adds 10¢ to the price of the item. The item take 167 bids to reach $16.70. 167 x 60¢ = $102.00. So Haggle sold it for $118.70. The winning bidder actually paid more that the $16.70 depending on the number of bids made earlier in the bidding process. Haggler may seem legit and they don't need fake bidders because winning bids are so low. They make their money. The winning bidders gets a good deal on an item paid for mostly by the loosing bidders.

3/28/10

So, I'm checking out this site looking to purchase a Wii console. The premise is this:

You buy "bids" that are used to increment the auction price by 10 cent per bid. Depending on the lot of bids that you buy, the bids range between 55 cents and 75 cents per... bid. Each time a bid is placed, 15 seconds is added to the clock to give everyone a chance to be a winner. Got that?

Well, I decide to watch one of these auctions - a $50 Xbox 360™ Wireless Headset - in its "closing minutes." Two bidders, Frosthawk and 1eden, are going at it furiously. In the end Frosthawk "WINS" at $14.10 Now, here's the math:

$14.10 @ .10 increments = 141 bids
141 bids at avg price of .65 = $91.65
$91.65 + $14.10 (winning bid) = $105.75 (this goes to Haggle)
Haggle's profit: $55.75

$39.65 + $14.10 = $53.75
$53.75 + $5.00 (shipping) = $58.75
Total savings: -$8.75
**Total savings if Frosthawk paid .55 per bid: -$2.65

Total buffoonery! Someone is making money. And it isn't Frosthawk or 1eden. Stay away from this site.

3/23/10

I do not know what to think of this site yet.
I have spent a couple hundred dollars on bids and thus far have only won 50 bids, that I have bid on.
Over the past several days I have been watching and bidding.
What gets me is that I have seen the SAME few people win the EXACT same items- over the several days I have been watching--- to me that looks very fishy.
Also there are several bidders with "D" names all capitalized, that must have unlimited bid totals- because the most pricey items they seem to just outbid you.
You and this person go back and forth, letting the bid time get down to 1-2 seconds. Every once in a while someone else comes in and drops a bid. Then, as usual it gets down to a couple seconds, you go to bid and it does not go through and they end up winning the bid for 90-98% off the value----------COME ON !!
I have a few bids left----unless I am able to win something great, this will be the last of my playing on that site....

3/21/10

Haggle.com is more than just gambling; its owners are STEALING the money of innocent bidders by using shill bidders and by charging almost one dollar per bid but increasing the amount of the bid by only one cent. The same twenty of so people comprise most of the winning bids, and many of them win more items than the site's terms say are allowed. Don't bother to send any messages to them...you just receive the standard, "cut and paste" responses probably processed by a bank of minimum wage earners with no true knowledge of how the site works and certainly no authority to make changes. In short, everyone should be warned not to use this site or any of the many others like it. Want to gamble? Go to the casino or race track...at least you will be entertained while losing money...and the odds of winning are certainly better.

Haggle.com...a true rip off.

3/19/10

I stumbled across haggle early December. Needless to say, I have been a loyal haggler since. I have won well over 60 auctions on the website and most were excellent deals. I have also had my share of losses on the site as well. The positve far outweighs the negative for me. I can tell you that I watched for several days before I decided to bid. My first win was a Nintendo DSi that ended around $50 plus my bids which I had used about 60 for. That same day I bid on a second DSi (it was for my two daughters as Christmas presents) and I won it for $9 with about 19 bids. I have won items with as little as 2 bids and I have won items with as many as 300+ bids. I've gotten small things like a hand blender to ipod touches, nanos and shuffle on up to laptops, cameras, wii, xbox, lots of gift cards and even a super nice home theatre system. Haggle is one of my favorite sites. I've spent lots of time and money on it and I've won some great stuff. As a successful bidder, I can tell you that most of us that are invested in an item do not like to see late comers come into an auction when we have lots of time and money in it already. We call that sniping an auction. Most of us will suffer a loss on an item just to show those type of bidders that we don't appreciate their stategy of bidding. If you go to Haggle's Facebook page, you will find lots of real people sharing their strategies for being successful in order to help newcomers be successful as well. Just because you go on there and deal with an aggressive bidder doesn't mean the site is rigged. You should watch and see who are the aggressive bidders and determine if you want to spend x amount of bids to take them on. Everyone has equal opportunity to win. If I see someone dominating certain items, I either stock up on bids or wait until they are locked out (3 wins in 24 hour period locks them out of bidding or 20 wins in 30 days) and bid for the item. I make that decision to bid or not to bid. I usually get on an item from the beginning and defend it until the last few minutes when the "real" bidding begins. It's worked out well for me. I don't snipe others and I decide if, when and how long I'm gonna bid on something. Basically it is a gamle as you are waiting for the others to either give up or make a mistake while you are the top bidder. Bidding the last 3 seconds or less has never been successful for me. That just wastes my bids.
All items I have received have been shipped brand new and in many cases straight from Amazon, Best Buy, and other big retailers. The customer support has always responded quickly and courteously when I've had any issues. To give a for instance, at the end of February I won a Playstation 3. Due to most all retailers being out of stock, Haggle contacted me about not being able to fill the order for the PS3 and offered a $350 Gift Card and 50 Free Bids instead. I could have waited till April to get the Playstation when most say they will have them back in stock but I appreciated Haggle's customer service and took the card and bids instead. I hope this helps some of you that venture to the site in the future. Good luck to you if you do. It's not a scam but there are lots of aggressive bidders on there. Watch and learn about them before you jump and cry foul. :D

3/19/10

Haggle.com was my first penny auction site to play & looked 'sexy' @ $0.75. But Haggle turned out to be the most 'frustrating', to say the least.

I played 110 bids: 10 free bids from coupons to start then purchased two 40 bid pacs @ $29.00 each & one @ 20 bid pac @ 15.00. I did my homework for the items I would bid on. I do think there are bid bots involved, whether it be from Haggle itself or from bidders, I honestly can't say. But I can tell you I thought it odd (& this happened to me 7xs on different auctions, 24/7) that when I tried to bid during the last 5 seconds on the timer, the screen plus the tally & timer would freeze. Within seconds another bidder, always a 'regular', would win that very same item, as if my bid didn't count somehow. What's odd: this happened consistently. Each time it looked like I was just about to win the screen froze an a 'regular' won PLUS that last bid I placed somehow was deducted from my account. Even odder: the timer is supposed to go back a few seconds, anywhere from 5-15 seconds on average, with each bid placed. Never happened. In each of these instances, the clock was never reset to reflect my bid &/or the winners bid (whose ever bid came last).

Now the items I bid on were not even high end-no computers or HDTVs, just gift cards ($50-$250), Godiva chocolates (up to $32), pots & pans ($149), etc...The most expensive retail selling item I bid on: PS3 Playstation ($349) & an iPod 32GB ($299). I suspect alot of tag team bidding goes on too, at Haggle. Come On, with user names like MrKrab & MrsKrab, it's a bit obvious. Also, the same user names keep bidding & winning the same items over & over. For example: Tuffnuttz is always on & always has multiple wins. Beware, as well: Doreamon, glazer56, jaks1, mattmc, jeremaic, larrylnelson, mikejak3, DESTROYER...these are only a few users always bidding & winning, Plus certain of these users only go after certain type items like electronics. Like these guys aren't reselling on EBay? Check it out for yourself & see what I mean. & if there are restrictions about how many wins you are allowed each month, I don't see anything being enforced. On other sites, you can't even bid if you have already exceeded your winning allowance for the month.

I have contacted Haggle customer service 7xs about the screen freeze thing & was told it was a server issue on my end. Period. They would not credit back any bids either, not even just the last bid were the screen froze! The 8th time I contacted them was about the possibility of bots & same win bidders, I was told I was just a sorry loser. Whatever. So much for customer support!

I would not recommend this site at all. We are all adults & we all understand the gambling aspect of 'entertainment shopping' but this site seems to cater to users who always bid & win on the same stuff.How they do it? Who knows. Could be they win a gazzilion 'free' bids (which would explain why these regulars have no fear of bids going over the actual retail value of the item). Advice: Stay away from Haggle.com. There are plenty more out there (on which I've gotten really good buys btw). Bottom line:do your homework before joining any penny auction site! If you're new to the game, try sites which include chat rooms Talk to the other bidders. It's fun & you just may be able to get more clues about good & bad auction sites, doing hw, & lots more!

3/15/10

For fun keep one browser with the site open and watch an item that is nearing the end say 10 minutes left wait a couple minutes. Now open a second browser and wow that's amazing the same item now only has 10 minutes left. Wait a minute?? WTF is up with that. If it is not a scam then it is definetly very flawed.

3/9/10

this website is a scam.the items that are sold are put back up again for auction u are bidding against the website.i thank someone should step in and shut nthem down.where is the consumer protection.

3/4/10

Total scam! Clearly rigged by bots. Very likely that the product is retained by the website after it's been paid for 4 times over.

3/2/10

i see a lot of people saying that someone is outbidding their self and that people are bidding way to many times and that all of the bids they use will cost them more that they save on the item. i am no expert and i am not saying haggle is legit but i think what happens is that you can set up a price on an item and as soon as someone bids more than you haggle automatically bumps your price up until the price reaches the price you didnt wanna go above. also their are auctions on bids which means that these people that buy bids for really cheap and building their bids up without spending much money, in other words when you see someone bidding to many times on a computer or other item its probably because they have built their bids up and are trying to scare other bidders away from that item. Again i am not saying haggle.com is a legit site, this is just my opinion

2/24/10

Loss aversion (a bidders tendency to go to great lengths to avoid perceived losses) applied to an auction...clever. (read: Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior
by Ori & Rom Brafman) specifically the chap. about the B-School professor who, staged a bidding war over a twenty-dollar bill... bidding got so aggressive, that a student, unwilling to cut their losses, eventually paid 208 dollars for it (guess the real owner was the kid who paid $207). And yes... the professor did collect, and donated the money to charity.

2/8/10

The problem here is you've got people set up side by side, or not, with the main focus of becoming the last two putting bids in - scares everyone else off - they both look like they are not giving up - then one lets the other get the win - sell the stuff and split the profit. Each gets twenty wins a month - between the two thats forty - or if three working together then sixty - the profit THEY are making is just as great as Haggles.

2/7/10

This site appears to be legit and has been listed on www.pennystats.com. I think they are run by a larger well known company.

1/30/10

DON'T GET ON THIS WEBSITE!!! Whether it is a scam or not, it is not worth it. You will spend money just to lose hours of your time and energy, and eventually just lose a lot of money. I wish someone had warned me. Don't do it! You'll regret it!!!!!

1/30/10

I think this is just a waste of everyones money. there is nothing but a bunch of bullys that bid and try win everything and i am sure are re-selling it on ebay or something. Lets have this money waster shut down!!!

1/30/10

First of all I won the first item I bid on, that was 01/26/10 still waiting on item to be shipped. I noticed that some of the bidding is computer generated, I watched the lead bidder keep bidding on a item even though they were the high bidder at that time. I keep track of the number bids that he/she used 218 just to raise the price. If you watch the lead bidder, and you bid they out bid you again in less then 1 second that has to be computer generated.

1/28/10

I have won 3 laptops, 2 cameras, gps, video camera, ipod, Haggle sweatshirt and kindle reader. I am a grandmother who has spent too much time on this website. I have received all 3 laptops and the retail $629.99 camera. I paid 65.00 (including bids & s/h) for 1 computer and 75.00 (including bids & s/h). I got the ipod for .88cents. I won the last 5 items in the past 2 days. Can't wait to get them. I have spent some money on this site but way ahead in winning cost vs retail cost. Very addictive!!! Looking forward to wearing my Haggle sweatshirt!

1/27/10

Another reviewer on this site had exposed this secret but I'd thought I'd check it out myself. YES there are certain bidders who dominate all auctions and when no one challenges them for an item, they OUTBID THEMSELVES! Nuff said?!

1/26/10

totall scam........ spent 40 dollars on bids......spent all day on it to win ps3, never got one and i noticed same bidders winning every ps3 for like 9.00 or 14.00 dollars. people get real you can't win or buy a ps3 for 9.00 or 14.00. you talk of all these winning bidders with savings of 93% or 97% .. ya.there in your haggle office collecting a check from haggle.com ..total bs won't be spending my cash there ever again .......beware

1/22/10

I watched site for 6 hours. There was an ipod touch 32 gig $ 300 retail with a penny a bid. It is still going on .The bid is now at 16.20. That means there have been 1620 bids at $.70 a bid .That means haggle has made over $1000 already.Someone with a name of dirtyjerz has made over $ 400 worth of bids and may not win. This is like trying to knock over the metal milk bottles at coney island or make a basket at the carnival with the hoop being just a tiny bit large than the basketball.

1/21/10

Be very carefull with this site. It is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. I have been watching it for over a week and burned through $15.00 in a matter of seconds. The business model that this site is built on is GREED. This is a very caniving way of legal gambling that will burn up your resources if you fall prey to the power bidders, or the bidders that have an escalation of commitment, even if they go upside down on the bid. Here is my take on it: I have followed the bidding trends of several bidders and have identified this technique: If the bidders are legitimate, they mostlikely started using the site during its early stages, making out with several good deals and now they have made it their first of secondary professions due to positive results that they received. For example they purchased 600 bids for $330.00 back in the day, and they won good deals with bid packages and gift cards, and high value items that they turn around and sell for a profit, this recouperates their initial investment and also has built equity in their minds that they can afford to bid more than you no matter what since they are already on the plus side. Now they have the confidence to come in at the right time as they know when the newbies start to slow down their bids and dominate that auction no matter what, to you and me it seems incomprehendable the way they waste bids, however, they feal that they are already several hundreds to thousands in the plus, and they can afford to waste bids that cost the regular joes that work for a living and don't have hours upon hours to invest in this operation 0.55 - 0.75 a pop, as we reach and surpass the break even point and stop, they keep going until they intimidate you out of the bid, I'm sure that you also have the organized groups that get together and do this as a team effort to intimidate the individual bidder out of the way and if it is one of their members on that bid, they leave it alone during the final seconds once the individual bidder have either moved to a different bid or left all together. All of this benefits the site tremendously as they allow each user to purchase up to 3 items within 24 hours and up to 20 items every 30 days! what else are they promoting than to make this a profesion to those that started early and have greed fuel their business model. Save your money, time and blood presure if you are not going to make this your hobby, as it is perfectly designed to take as much in as we are willing to give. Example: a bid for a $250.00 visa gift card is going on right now and for each bid, it goes up one cent $0.01, right now the price is up to $13.76 and it is still going strong, this means that at the very lease if each bid represents $0.55, haggle.com has already collected 1376 x $0.55= $756.80!!!! now you are the first timer user thinking, wow this is great, a $250.00 gift card for only $13.76, yeah, I will give it a try, next thing you know your money is gone, and due to escalation of commitment and greed, other's fuel the fire and you might even come back for another try and lose more.

1/17/10

This website is a great way to get electronics and other items on the cheap if you are smart. Anyone saying it is a scam or that they have bots bidding either didn't know the rules before bidding or doesn't understand how the site works. I have invested about $150 for bids and have won a $100 gift card and $50 worth of microsoft points. I still have over 100 bids left too. If you expect to get a laptop by buying $20 worth of bids you will lose a majority of the time. However if you take the time to study how auctions work you can usually come out on top. This is a great alternative to ebay and I am a satisfied customer.

1/17/10

I found out about Haggle on a Friday and between Friday and Saturday my boss and I spend $600-$700 on bids. Twice I was bidding on an Ipod Touch and with 2-3 seconds left I hib bid and it went straight to Auction Over...Final Price was...I didn't get too upset at the time because I didn't have much time and/or money invested at this point. HOWEVER.......We have been looking to buy a MacBook Pro and we seen that one was coming up in an auction. So, we purchased a ton of bids so we would have enough to make it through the auction and win. I sat at my computer for 3 hours, invested an additional $600, and when the clock got to 3 seconds I hit bid...GUESS WHAT...AUCTION ENDED FINAL PRICE...I DIDN"T WIN....I am furious. Not only did that happen but during the auction haggler "joemens" bid on this item from about $50.00 to about $320.00. Everytime anyone else would bid he would out bid them. Then when the price got up high enough, he just quit. Sounds like someone working for Haggle, driving up the price so they can make a hefty profit. I have emailed the company because of Haggle not accepting my bid, and I am hoping that they can fix the problem and possibly reimberse the bid I lost on this item. I had PLENTY of bids to keep going, because this item is why I bought the bids. As of now I would say stay away from this site at all cost, if they do the right thing by me I will repost and let everyone know but as of now...DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY
Just wanted everyone to know that Haggle answered my Email and I am very pleased with the way they handled this. I will use the remaining bids to see if I am able to win anything!!!

1/16/10

the site is most certainly not a scam. my household has won 37 items off the site in less than 2 months. i am typing on a macbook that i won right now. it takes working capital for bids, strategy, and a whole lot of time to invest. i studied auctions for weeks before taking the plunge. you simply can not expect to buy 20 bids and then win a laptop.

the site is owned by infospace. infospace is a legitimate company that owns many other web based ventures. the notion that they are injecting bots or shill bidders to drive prices up is just ignorant. granted that level of transparency just isn't possible, they are a publicly traded company and have too much to lose due to such shenanigans.

you can get most of this information by taking some time to review all of the comments on their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/haggle. i took the time to educate myself before spending money on the site. looks like alot of people who have written negative reviews weren't as smart. and no i am not an employee of the company.

1/14/10

it's a big scam and rip off site and a big pyramid scheme. Here is a simple calculation:

Lets say you are bidding on an ipod touch 32GB at 10 cent bids
sale price is only $269 on Amazon

On haggle.com it is listed as $299
and someone wins the bid at say $100
that works out to $100/.10 = 1000 bids
each bid costs around 50 cents minimum.
so the total amount made by the site from bidding alone is 1000 * 50 cents equals $500

total amount haggle makes from the sale - 500+ 100= $600

what a rip off!

But for the winner, it might be cheaper depending on his bidding. say it cost about 50 bids ($25) to win the auction, total price would be $100+ $25 plus shipping.

But for the site, it's a windfall. Its even worse on a 1Cent auctions. you can do the math.

i also suspect a bot bidder by the site to increase the bid value and also stretch the time.

1/11/10

They are using auto bots to out bid anyone who got suckered into buying bids! I have seen the same names like : welikeyou,gottahavit,anita44,habbilone,ddjjb4995 etc...these are the ones who ALWAYS wins! I have sat and watched this sight for 2 days now. No one could afford to spend that much on bids the way the bots are bidding!

People STAY AWAY DROM THIS SIGHT IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER BUY BIDS TO BID ON SOMETHING HELLO : THATS YOUR SIGN IT'S A SCAM.

REPORT IT ASAP!

1/9/10

I don't think its a scam but I do think there are a few people making a living buying stuff here and selling it on ebay. Whether they use automated bidding or not...who knows?

It seems impossible to win anything...the same names always dominate the bidding. They must buy the $330 bid package and then spend the next week dominating the bids for more bids. When they have a gazillion or so bids, they clean up!

I think the main technique is to throw endless bids at things until everyone else just avoids any item where they see your screen name active. I wasted $100 on here for nothing...a total waste of time and an ulcer-inducing frustration.

Maybe if I used a screen name like "DontF**KwithMe" or "Iwillhuntyoudownandkillyou" I would have been more intimidating.

Basically, the same users win over and over and over and over....I'll never go back.

EXPERT
1/8/10

Competitive shopping?!?!? What type of tag line is that for a website? I mean really...let's make shopping a game (ie gambling) and let's see how many victims we can collect and make money off them. They should just be honest and call it blackjack shopping but that I guess that is too fair as with black jack you have a 49% chance of winning.

1/2/10

it is a waste of time... never win anything but spend money without getting anything for it. I am wondering if this site does not have people bidding when the bids are low because you never even get close. i think this is a joke... i spend alot of money and got nothing.

1/2/10

I was considering trying out my luck with haggle.com but before I did, I thought it be a good idea to get a feel for the strategies that other bidders were using to win. So, I began studying the action around several of the auctions. Some of which was very compelling, intriguing and exciting. I started to see a possible avenue to save some money and maybe even make a little, who knows, right? THIS IS MAJOR PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET STARTED: I was watching an auction on a Toshiba Mini NetBook and the CURRENT LEADER WAS IALLIS. What was amazing to me was IALLIS was the only one bidding on the Netbook and EACH TIME THE CLOCK HIT 1 SECOND IALLIS OUT BID HIM OR HERSELF! I might believe that on occasion all the bidders hit the button at the same time and that IALLIS just ended up on top so quick that the other bidders were not even seen, but that wasn't the case this happened several times in a row!!! At first, I thought I was just missing something, but no IALLIS OUTBID HIM OR HERSELF SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW RUNNING PRICE UP BEFORE ACTUALLY BEING AWARDED THE WIN! What the heck is going on I thought!? Why would someone outbid him or herself? In addition, watch the number of bids some users place, it is just ridiculous and unrealistic no one can be that out of touch with their money that they would just throw it away like that! The living aren't just throwing money away during this great recession. Also, the site has no transparency what so ever so if you have any problems don't expect much more than a previously prepared canned response. I have read other reviews of users of haggle.com and it seems most with the exception of employees have nothing but scam to say. And of course Haggle.com has their defensive plans and canned responses in place. Bottom line any real good scam would because they would know going in that they'd be investigated sooner or later. I strongly recommend that you stay out and off this site. Look for legit deals somewhere else on the Internet. Believe me you do not want to fall for into their trap of hope! When it's too good to be true, it most likely isn't. Buyer beware, Strategy doesn't pay off if 1 user is outbidding him or herself!

1/1/10

They must have shill bidders. Every time I put in a bid, the same bidder outbids me along with some more new bidders. Then when I do something else while other people bid up the auction, that same bidder wins for 93 to 99% off price. Give me a break! They are setting up shill bidders to buy back their auctions while getting suckers to buy bids and never get anything. DON'T DO IT!

1/1/10

I was disappointed to see that they ship SOLELY to 50 U.S. States.....that finished it for me! I have enjoyed using Bidz.com though, and they DO ship internationally!

12/31/09

I did the math and my (Revenue from items won) - (Cost of bids/payment for items won) = $1,187 profit. All you need is a brain. This was over a 3 day span too so it's not like I wasted a $#*!load of time on the computer.

12/31/09

I read negative reviews about Haggle prior to signing up and bidding on merchandise. I have won 32 items since signing up the first of November and have received all of the items which were exactly as described. I have had to email the company a few times concerning minor issues and they responded in a timely manner. I observed the site for two weeks before I started bidding to get a feel on when to bid and what time of the day gives the best chance of winning. I hope others stay off the site so I will have a better chance of winning !!!!

12/28/09

After working in Cyber Crimes for the past 5 years I must say that "Haggle.com" has not broken any laws and you get exactly what you pay for. The key words here are "Pay For" and you do. Try going to e-bay or craigs list if you want a better then average chance on saving money on large ticket items.....

12/27/09

there is no way that anyone can legitimatly win on this site i bought a bid pack for $20.00 all my bids are almost gone and i have seen the same hagglers on multiple pages how and why would you sit at the computer that long its beyond me they have to be employees being paid to raise bids on expensive items no one is going to take a loss of more than 10% on any site I asked a question on the site as to why the timer does not ever run out you can keep bidding indefinitly up to and beyond what the item really costs if someone on the otherside is willing to sit there as long as you can not a great site but not setup good also, Take your money elsewhere.

About Haggle