US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jodiew9

Anyway, he started wearing the shoes and after about 2 wks they started making a cracking noise when he walked. (in 27 reviews)

patrician4

I am getting ready to buy my third pair of GDefy shoes. (in 24 reviews)

kenw36

Other than the quality of the shoe, the fun began when I returned them per the guarantee of a refund in 30 days. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janetp40
4/12/16

I bought my Gravity Defyer shoes 6 month ago and the velcro straps no longer work. I cannot keep the shoes on my feet. And what do you suppose the company says? Too bad, so sad. You only have a 60 day guarantee. $90 for a pair of shoes useful for only 6 months. What a pile of garbage.

alyces2
3/28/16

I ordered a pair of shoes and then went to read reviews. I cancelled the order within 3 hours of ordering. Received computer generated reply but shoes were still shipped 2 days later. Once received, I tried walking in them for about 2 hours. I felt hobbled. My feet hurt and shoes were so stiff you really couldn't walk properly. I returned them and asked that I not be charged for shipping either way as I had cancelled the order in plenty of time. I finally received my refund one month after they received my shoes back (UPS tracking) and I was charged for shipping. Never order Gravity Defyer shoes.

josephc101
3/1/16

On my second pair, first pair was tight so I went up a 1/2 size from normal on second pair. These shoes feel wonderful especially when I have to work in factory (12 hours on metal floor). Once you get sizing down they are great except for the fact that the springs start to make noise after a few months and it is quite loud. Happened on both pairs. Not sure if I will buy more until they can resolve this issue. If they do I will be back!

lisac186
2/19/16

The shoes are too tight. They hurt my entire body. I only wore them two days and returned them. They are refusing to refund my money because they said they were not returned in like new condition. They gave me a store credit to buy more crappy shoes. Do not waste your money on these shoes. I wish I would have never bought this shoes. Horribly experience.

joet66
1/28/16

Gravity shoes are crap, springs collapse after months. gravity offers no help whatsoever.
Do not buy these cheap made Chinese shoes.

tonip7
12/16/15

I printed out the sizing guide and confirmed that I wear a size 6, as in most of my other shoes. When I got these, they felt closer to a size 5. They were short and tight. Since it is holiday season, I wanted to return these and try again another time. At check out, I had clicked the "Free Home Try On! No risk. No charge. No kidding." option. So, I was surprised to see that I will be charged a return shipping fee of $9.95. Customer Service said that they could not credit me the $9.95 and tried to get me off the phone. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that she was busy with another customer. The agent assured me that the manager would return my call the same day if I left my phone number. I have not received a call. I did give my order number, so maybe there will be some follow-up. I feel scammed. I have ordered through Zappos many times and had excellent experiences. I have never been charged for returning shoes that didn't fit. I could have ordered GravityDefyers through Zappos and not had this issue. I do not want to interact with a company that misleads you into believing that you can try their product but will incur a $9.95 fee if you do not like it. It is just wrong. The shoes seemed well made and they came highly recommended by a friend. Do not trust their website. I have not given up but am not optimistic as two promises have now shown false.

Tip for consumers: If you want GravityDefyer shoes, look for them on a more customer oriented, satisfaction guaranteed, free shipping and returns site (such as Zappos) The home site for these shoes charges return fees.

carolec11
12/9/15

I purchased shoes on the try - on "no charge" of you don't like them program. Omg.... NEVER EVER again. I returned the shoes immediately. They received them Oct 19. I got charged for the same shoes on Nov 2 and because of this, I accrued two overdrafts. Website says you won't be charged, but you will. It is Dec 9 and I am STILL waiting fir the full refund that they promised. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ... borderline fraud in my opinion.

jenniferp81
11/25/15

the reviews are so bad I wont even waste my money

goodp
10/19/15

Shoes are too heavy for walking. If you enjoy walking with boots with boot heels, otherwise forget this shoe. I've walked over 2000 miles in about 15 months with a pair of new balance shoes and they're still ok. I walked maybe 20 miles with the gdefy shoes and the glue is coming off and the leather is cracking. I've had them for 4 months. They are not worth half the price I paid for them. They were supposed to get in touch with me by email 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear from them. By the way, I paid $40 for the new balance shoes.

ricaa
10/15/15

Was exited to get them because of major foot isuues and pain. Bought 3 pairs and found that they had absolutely NOT SUPPORT, your foot goes from one side or the other when you walk, so you risk falling. What a waste.
Plus they don't tell you that if you return them, which I did right away, they will not refund you for 30 DAYS. STAY AWAY!!!

roberth180
9/16/15

I bought 2 pair of these shoes. Even though both are supposed to be the same size, one pair (different style) is smaller and hurts my feet to wear. I can not feel the effect of the springs. The shoes are falling apart. Poor quality for the price paid. I emailed the company about that but got no satisfaction.

virginiab15
8/31/15

I ordered a pair to use the 30 day free trial and they were so uncomfortable I returned them. Now they won't refund my credit card because they said I returned them in a not new condition. I totally disagree with that because they were clean. I only wore them two or three times because they were so hard and uncomfortable. How can you try something without wearing it?

deeg23
8/17/15

Shoes are painful to wear. Contacted the company and was advised to only wear them a couple of hours at a time and get back to them. I did but it was past the return date.

tracyd30
8/10/15

I purchased my shoes several months back and I just love them! ! Working on concrete floors was killing my feet and legs. After breaking them in after 2 days , I quit dreading work. I recommend them!

shanel27
7/17/15

We couldn't wear them. They were hard to walk in and fell apart. For $100 shoes they are crap. Sorry. Lots of hype and marketing with poor quality. We want our money back.

pauld116
7/13/15

This footwear sounds like a great idea, however, my four stars are for all the people that wrote the very informative reviews. Many thanks for saving me the cost of purchasing two pairs of Gravity Defyers. I will check them out again in a few years to see if they improved their product as well as customer service.

loisc11
7/12/15

I won't bad mouth the company, but I am on my feet 6-8 hours a day and my feet hurt afterwards, I also have heel spurs. A friend told me about these and gave me a flyer and it sounded really good. I looked online and decided to try the GDefy Extora ll because it said they helped with ALL foot pain NOT! I expected to feel the heel kind of bounce (I guess) since there was a spring, I expected not to feel my feet hit the floor; but that's definitely not what I experienced! I wore these today for 6 hours, by the time I got home, my feet and especially my heels were hurting. They are heavy and feel like Herman Munster shoes, they made me sound like I was stomping even when I tried to walk softly. The upper "leather" is so stiff that it rubbed my ankles and caused them to get sore and swell, my feet feel very tired after wearing them for so long. I would not recommend this brand, but the others might be ok. I however have decided not to bother trying another expensive pair because I don't want to go through this again; I am returning them for a refund and sincerely hope I don't have all the troubles others have had with theirs. I am glad to read that there are those who have had great results with their chosen shoes! I guess we just never know until we try them right? :)

matthewf20
5/25/15

The 1st time I bought these I was very excited because of what they promised. I bought 2 pair. Got them and they were both falling apart within a few months of use. However, they did seem to help my feet problems so I went ahead and bought 3 more pairs (3 only because they were discontinuing nearly all the double-wide options at the time). Same crap quality with them falling apart Very quickly. I've had other brands which have lasted me for YEARS. NONE of these lasted more than 6 months. And quite frankly, with my super expensive molded prescription shoe inserts, they don't do me any better than with other brands without the so-called trampoline springs. DEFINITELY not worth the money or the hype.

donnararem
2/21/15

First I paid for two day delivery got them in three days that was a waste of money what a gimmick to make money. Ordered extra wide and they are no wider than a wide. After one week of walking the whole top leather is cracking. The shoes are hard as a rock to walk in bought intersole to put in them. Hardly any arch support at all. Bought them to wear after foot surgery. Total waste of my hard earned money and can't get a refund their 30 day refund is also a lie like the description of their shoes. Do not buy!

susanb73
2/8/15

I purchased a pair of Extora II for myself and another for my daughter. She liked her pair, but I didn't like mine. I sent them back promptly, following the return instructions to the letter. They acknowledged that they received the return, but first tried to get me to take a different pair of shoes instead of a refund. Then they started making me give them all of the same information that I had given them before, probably hoping to weasel out of giving me my money back!

Tip for consumers: Just don't!

kenw36
12/30/14

Caveat emptor. I purchased a pair ($130- Super Walk) in Sep of 2014, found them to be uncomfortable due to inadequate support and cushioning (similar to shoes selling for $60). Other than the quality of the shoe, the fun began when I returned them per the guarantee of a refund in 30 days. It required a few calls and emails to learn that, after 45 days, my refund request was still 'being processed'. Inquiring about the CEO, Tim Wallace, finally got them to honor the refund guarantee. Much different experience than with Shoebuy or Zappo.

jodiew9
11/26/14

My husband decided to try a pair. At my urging, He ordered a pair of "gdefy EXTORA II. This was after really looking and reading through the catalogs do he even called to see what the company person recommended for his special needs. He has Rheumatoid Arthritis and his feet are becoming very sensitive. He received his first pair in about 5 weeks? WHAT! They state 30 day free return-we didn't even get them for 42 days! Anyway, he started wearing the shoes and after about 2 wks they started making a cracking noise when he walked. It got worse & worse so he called the co they said they would send another pair. They arrived in 5 days! WHAT! He wore the new pair for maybe 4 days and they started the cracking noise. OK, my husband is still working-he needs good shoes, on his feet all day-he hurts ALL THE TIME- and YA, he has very "LIMITED" patience. He was DONE WITH THE SHOES AND THE COMPANY!!! I feel we were really "Taken in by the Company and their Claims we'd MISLEADING and FALSE !!! WE ARE BOTH GREATLY DISAPPOINTED. Done.

jasona45
6/26/14

I bought a pair of men's gdefy shoes. They felt weird at first but I thought I would get used to them. They always made me feel like I was wearing high heels and after a month I noticed my lower back was kind of sore. I quit wearing them to see if that made a difference and within a week I felt fine again. Good for somebody else maybe but not for me. I am past the 30 day return policy so I guess I'm stuck with them. Maybe I will just give them to goodwill. Thanks anyway gdefy.

kurtz2
5/1/14

I purchased a pair of gdefy work boots for a price of $200.00 plus $30.00 for shipping plus $27.00 exchange. Now I need to spend another $32.82 to send them back.When I checked the inside of both boots I noticed that the inside of the boots at the back part of the heel was worn through the cloth part with the white plastic exposed. These crooks sent me a pair of used boots, and insisted they where new . I sent pictures of the inside of the heel and they claimed I was sending pictures of worn athletic shoes. Their management would not believe me.In fact they were very difficult and couldn'tcare less about my problem. Do not buy this junk, you will get scammed.

patrician4
7/4/13

I am getting ready to buy my third pair of GDefy shoes. I have degenerative arthritis in my lower spine and these shoes help my back tremendously. I've had my athletic shoes for over an year and they are still in good shape. They just don't clean up as well as they did when they were new. I also have GDefy dress shoes and they work quite well also. I'm planning to buy two pair today.

-jose-
3/25/13

I decided to do the 30 day trial with this company because I wasn't sure what to expect. I actually liked the shoes a lot. They are comfortable and since I have been using them I noticed that the stress on my joints has seem to decrease. I purchased a pair of the Nextas because I jog pretty much everyday and figured that they would be good to lessen the impact on my joints. Well, I am very happy with the purchase and will recommend them to all of my friends.

jacobd8
10/30/12

thanks for the reviews> I was going to buy a pair of g defy but after reading the reviews i changed my mind and decided to buy something different.

annl7
10/16/12

I checked them out online, talked to a rep, asking if the shoes were true to size. He assured me that they were. I ordered 1 pair because I was on my feet, on cement, working 8 hours a day. I thought it would ease the stress on my feet because the shoes had springs in them. There was a 30 day guarantee on them and I asked the rep "What if they don't fit right and I have to return them? Does the 30 day return start over?" He said "No, you will just have whatever days are remaining on that order." It took about 2 weeks for them to come in. They didn't fit right. I sent them back within the same week. I insured the pkj. They sent me an email when they received it and said they would process a refund within the next week or so. It took emails and finally finding where they were located, notifying the BBB in that area and then after 3 months, my money was finally refunded. I reported this on another site, measuredup.com also. I want people to know. Sadly, I had not looked at the reviews on that site until I had my problem with them. I was not alone in that. Many, many people had the same trouble as I did. I would not even give them one star but I had to do at least that to submit.

gdefyp
4/2/11

Hey, the shoes are great actually if you have a problem with sore heals they will help that problem. The emails they sent use to be great, but lately they are really terrible. It also looks like a lot of the ideas they are using for marketing are stolen from some long gone marketing genius. Guess the people on their marketing team should have went to a better college. Whatever the shoes are great for sore heals, try them free for 30 days and if you don't like them you can always return them.

johns117
2/22/11

I bought Gravity Defyer sneakers about six moths ago. Within weeks the tip of the sneakers had come off. I used crazy glue to try to repair them. I did this three times.
The next problem was when the springs just came out of the heel. There is no repair for this! These sneakers are just plain junk and probably made in China. I paid $150.00 for trash they call quality shoes. Take it from me don't buy them, just plain crap.

debbieg3
1/8/11

I purchased a pair of g defy because of some foot issues. For the money I paid so not worth it. I feel no difference and at the end of the day my feet hurt. the backs fold over worse than any other sneaker when trying to put my foot in them. I will continue to by my nike or other sneakers before ever buying another pair of the gdefy.

dennisl3
7/22/10

I have worn a pair of GDEFY atheletic shoes for appox. 7 months. I am 71 and have had back surgery 3 years ago. I had not been able to walk more than 50 yards without experiencing severe pain in my lower back. Wearing my GDEFY shoes I was able to walk without any pain for a much longer distance. I have been wearing SAS shoes which are very good shoes, but the SAS did not stop my lower back pain. I believe my GDEFY shoes are responsible for eliminating my lower back pain. I now own 3 pair of GDEFY shoes.

cathyj1
5/5/10

Don't try to call Gdefy after making a purchase even if their item it defective. They won't answer the phone and if you are able to get an answer, your put on hold. I held the last time I was able to get through for 25 minutes only to talk to someone foreign that I couldn't understand. I retuned a pair of shoes for being defective on 4/19/10 and as of 5/5/10, they still haven't processed my return. They also made me pay to return the shoes out of my pocket. They were defective. Gdefy is with gadget universe. I think these shoes are one of their little gadgets. Since I ordered the shoes, I've read a lot of reviews stating that the shoes are substandard and poorly made. I'd just like to receive the pair i ordered to see for myself.

gails1
4/8/10

I purchased a pair of G-Defy sneakers for my son for gym classes. The sneakers are 6 months old and the metal spring on the inside of the sneakers are coming thru the material, making them impossible to wear as
you are now walking on a spring. When we called the company, they said there was nothing they could do but sell us another pair of sneakers with a
discount. They chose not to stand behind their product to see if there was
a quality problem. They were not even curious why this would happen after
six months. I would never buy another itme from this comapny as they do not
stand behind their ad of "Fully Guaranteed". After six months I am stuck with a $100.00 plus pair of useless sneakers that need to be thrown out.
Gail S.

howardg
9/23/09

I ordered shoes from gdefy.com and was told I could trace the UPS shipping via their website. The shoes were actually shipped and billed by AROA marketing, no website listed, and when I phoned their number (818) 833-4860) ("you have reached a number that is disconnected or is no longer in service"). Then I went back to gdefy.com and sent a "contact" email saying I could not find a way on their website to check on the UPS shipping to which they responded "Your request for assistance has been received. Case #551 - "Order" has been created for you. A member of our customer care team will respond to your case as soon as possible." That email was received last Saturday (9/19) and I have not heard from them yet.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question