US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jackiew23

The pharmacy tech warned me that the discount may not be as high as stated on the coupon, but it was. (in 5 reviews)

sherrik1

I just used this for a prescription at the Walmart pharmacy. (in 4 reviews)

alanp44

Went to cvs at first I had another discount card they told me with card would cost 72.00. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

jordanm73
4/29/16

I looked up the cost of a couple of prescriptions at a CVS to find it came out to about $80. I went there and presented my card, only to find I was wasting my time - they refused me. I immediately called RX and told them of my experience. They indicated that they'd "take care of it" but that it could take up to 4 weeks! Ugh, do I really have to wait that long? Will this even guarantee I can use the card when everything is said and done, or am I waiting 4 weeks just to be told no again?

I want to give this review 5 stars, but I need to know what to expect first. Right now I'm just really disappointed.

guym41
4/28/16

I am a veterinarian and recommend GoodRx for our clients, especially on long term medications. Have not had any bad reports from clients except for Wal-Mart, and I've used it, too, at Walgreen's. I HAVE heard though that Wal-Mart is not accepting GoodRx coupons for pets. I can't verify this, but generally discourage owners from Wal-Mart for that reason. Perhaps GoodRx can elaborate?

annetteb20
4/26/16

To get 60 tabs of Subutex @ $134.00. Went last week and have be informed. If I have no insurance and it is a schedule 2drug. I have to pay full price $311.00 for 60 tabs.
Mind you I'm on disability but will not have medicare until December. Funny thing is not all Walgreens "know about" there new policy. I called corporate and got no answers there. Has anybody heard of this???

beverlyc42
4/23/16

I have been using GoodRx for over 2 years now and have always saved money up until this week using the coupons they provide.

Tip for consumers: I called in a refill at Wal-Mart and found out my prescription had went from $55.00/ 90 day supply to over $300.00. I checked on GoodRx site and they showed Wal-Mart price was over $300.00 but with a coupon at Kroger I could get it for $99.14, I had my prescription transferred to Kroger and question about GoodRx coupon. Was told they would accept it. But I could not have it transferred again, but would have to get another one from my Doctor. When I went to pick it up, I was told they would not a

tracyr27
4/22/16

Went to Walmart after reviewing the estimated cost on the GoodRx website. The estimate was for $41.54...the Walmart price was $308. Called GoodRx on the spot and was told that the website must need updating. Fine, asked where the price estimated would be honored. The service agent "guaranteed" the price would be honored at Walgreens. No such luck, they were also ~$300. Called GoodRx again and was given the same line about the website needing updating. Buyer beware! Contact the pharmacy first before wasting your time.

Tip for consumers: Call the pharmacy first before you go to make sure they honor the estimated price!

maynardr7
4/17/16

After reading the previous reviews, I opted for calling my Walmart pharmacy before I got my hopes up. They said they accepted GoodRx and all I had to do was show the person at the drop off window my phone with the pertinent information and I would be good to go. My Rx went from $145 to $79. I felt like I was getting away with something! Take advantage while you can!

terric29
4/15/16

CVS 10101 S. Memorial Tulsa, OK. refused my GoodRx coupon. When I asked her why, she said "we actually lose money so if the coupon is not already on your profile we can't add it!"

anthonyk48
4/9/16

I have used GoodRx a number of times. It may not be convenient but it has saved me money. Only once at a Meijer did they have an issue with using the card. Just yesterday we got a prescription that was $122 with our insurance (have not met the deductible) for about $17. It pays to ask.

michellei10
4/8/16

Got my RX for $138, without Good Rx it was over $800. I was actually shocked it work!

jerik1
3/29/16

One of my prescriptions was $70. Walmart pharmacy told me about the app. I downloaded it at the store and it saved me $50!!!

saras119
3/25/16

I recently changed medications to one which was not covered by my prescription drug insurance. The price for my 30 day prescription was $640. I presented a GoodRX coupon to get it for much cheaper. They no longer honored GoodRX at Walmart. Took it to CVS. No dice. Kroger? Nope. RiteAid, perhaps? Nope. Two other Walmarts? Nope. Another CVS? Nope. GoodRX is not a viable method of lessening the blow of expensive prescriptions because no one accepts them, most saying, "We USED to take these, but don't anymore." Don't waste your time.

roberth233
3/21/16

Even though I have enjoyed good drug plans I have always been curious about the various offers and discount cards that find their way to me. My experience with most has been awful. My dermatologist prescribed Clindamycin 1% solution this week. I have never used it or even heard of it. I called Walmart and was quoted $88.58 for 2 oz.,. cash price. I checked my drug plan and the price was $47.00 at a participating pharmacy. To complete a thorough search I found GoodRx online and printed 2 coupons, one for CVS ($30.29) and one for Walgreens which was $45.61. I seldom trade at CVS but since my wife and I were going shopping near one, I took the GoodRx coupon in. The clerk processed the thing and in fairly quick order told me the price would be $24.73!! I asked if she had experience with these particular coupons and she said she had. She offered that most went through without a hitch. At this stage I am a happy shopper. I truly did not believe this would work and when it worked for LESS than the stated amount I was pleased. Compared to my other buying choices this was super. This occurred in DeLand, FL on 3/18/16

williamb192
3/18/16

Tried using this for my scripts. I don't have insurance and tried using this card. I went to multiple pharmacies and no one honors it - why? Because it's bogus. Look at all the copy and paste replies from the "Douglas" Among Us. He's nothing but a puppet doing the bidding of his fellow con artists.

alenb15
3/6/16

Very well work, the support did an excellent job. I thank you for every effort!

kristied1
3/4/16

It works! I got antibiotics for which Publix wanted $440 for $57 at Walmart using it! My $30 rx went to $8.15. Publix won't take it, they act like they've never heard of it, which is bull. Walmart takes it every single time and it's saving me a small fortune

johnc422
3/3/16

I went to Costco today and used "goodrx" for the first time. My prescription was for duloxetine 60 mg 60 capsules Costco has a regular price in the low ninetys which no other pharmacy can come close to. I handed them the print out for this drug for this pharmacy and paid about $39.93. My UHC would pay $80 for thirty pills. I highly recommend this product. By the way, Costco is not mentioned by name but you will know which coupon is meant for Costco. Most other pharmacies are mentioned by name. JMC

billb151
2/29/16

It worked for me at a Walgreens in La Puente ,California. Went from 160 dollars for a three month supply to 75. Highly recommended for those without insurance.

bwj
2/21/16

So i dont usually write a review, but this morning i had a couple scripts to fill and i do not have insurance so looked to goodrx.com based on a tv ad. and i found this site to do some research. I called Walmart and they explained they do not accept them any longer with no explanation. Then I called Walgreens same result, next CVS the tech there explained they just the last week or two no longer accept goodrx coupons due to them dropping cvs from their plans. So i went to a nearby cvs a different one and asked the pharmacist if goodrx actually is legitimate and work and she politely explained that yes goodrx works the problem is it works to well.(im not a paid reviewer i am a chef fyi) so i said to her so u stopped taking the coupons because you all were losing money she said basically they received an email 2 weeks ago from their district manager stating they are no longer to accept goodrx coupons because the discounts are not good business for cvs. So i guess in my brief research it doesnt appear to be a scam website like alot say and the reasons they are not accepted is not because they arent legite its apparently because their discounts are to great for the pharmacies which that pharmicist was probably jot supposed to share an internal email like that with me but there you go not a scam just apparently do their job to well atleast here in springfield missouri

ervins16
2/20/16

Since I do not have prescription coverage, called CVS for Flomax (generic) and they wanted $99+. Then called Wal Mart and they wanted $67+. Went on the Internet and got GoodRx's coupon. I was skeptical about the coupon after reading some of the negative comments, but I figured "What the hell. Why not. All they can say is, "No." Still, the Wal Mart price was $32 less than CVS. I presented the coupon to the clerk, he entered it into the computer and told me the price went from $65.89 to $20.73!!!! That's $78 less than CVS and $45 less, with the coupon, at Wal Mart. So "Thank you, GoodRx and Thank you, Wal Mart."

bendettas
2/19/16

Used at Walmart several times with significant savings.

travisc22
2/18/16

I have been using my goodrx coupon for awhile and just was informed by Walgreens that they no longer honor it, in fact they said they stopped honoring it 8 months ago--funny, since all but 1 of those 8 months I was able to get 1/2 off my medication w my code. Last Dec it wasnt honored, yet it WAS honored Jan and Feb....wtf??

melt193
2/16/16

A doctor told me to try Good Rx for two of my prescriptions that were costly. I printed out two coupons and took them to Publix which showed the best price for the Good Rx prescriptions. The pharmacist said the coupons were bogus. One medication they did not even carry and the other coupon price was false. The pharmacist said to me, "I do not know where they come up with these coupons, we do not honor these."

fanniem1
2/14/16

Winn Dixie, or Target, & Plublx in Tampa, FL

marib45
2/3/16

Tried to use my coupon from a goodrx which was a recommended Publix. The pharmacist just smiled and said they didn't honor those goodrx coupons or cards.
Publix said they quit accepting goodrx over a year ago

trinityj
1/28/16

I did some research. I filled my prescriptions today at Walmart Pharmcy. I found GoodRx's card in my mail when I got home. After trying to see if GoodRx was a scam I found this page and GoodRx's website. I put in one of my prescriptions into GoodRx's search and my town. I paid $10 (my Insurance's copay) for Fenofibrate. According to GoodRx's website Walmart pharmacy would charge me $28.39, almost three times what I actually paid. What I am gathering if you use GoodRx, your insurance is not billed for their portion hence why its higher after trying to use GoodRx.

I think the doctor that posted a review was dead on. Once you use GoodRx's discount card, you very likely will find your information sold, maybe even your identity stolen. My advice is to tear up the card the moment you receive it in the mail and toss it in the trash where it belongs.

To good ole Douglas, you are nothing more than a lying scammer.

@Admin, the name was not personal information, why you may ask is because he is posting to this page under that name. That makes it public information as everyone can see it.

jaym139
1/27/16

I went to Walgreen with my prescription and they filled using RX coupon for a little more than coupon stated. When I went for 2nd refill, it was 3 times more. I took the prescription to Target and they gave me coupon price. Now Target wants to double the coupon price and says it doesn't guarantee the coupon price. I also found out that you can only change pharmacy's twice for them to honor the coupon. If you have gone to a previous pharmacy, they wont allow you to switch a second time. Keeps you from switching pharmacies to honor first RX coupon. That's why they keep raising the price since they know you have reached your limit in pharmacies and have to use them again. What a racket.

lorim52
1/26/16

Just used the app at Walmart in Cortland ny. The drop off lady was aware of goodrx and just punched it in. No insurance card needed. It was 109$ and I got it for 54$ the exact price listed on the app. Very happy!!!

maryr138
1/25/16

My veterinarian wanted me to pay $111 for 120 pills of my dogs seizure medication, I asked them to call in a script to CVS Pharmacy instead & used the GoodRX app & got it for $23 for 180 pills! Thankful this worked!

mikeg158
1/22/16

GoodRX saved me $29 on this prescription over my insurance co-pay. What a fanastic deal.

susanl106
1/18/16

I'm sorry all these other reviewers had negative experiences with GoodRx. Maybe the problem is their pharmacies. I just got a prescription filled that was quoted as $213 with my new insurance for $75 with GoodRx - and the Walgreens where I went was more than happy to use the coupon. Granted, it's hard to get excited about paying $75 when I used to pay $15 with my old insurance, but it's tons better than $213!!

michaels339
1/16/16

GoodRx.com has saved my patients hundreds of dollars and has saved our practice frustration and phone calls. It is easy to use and provides a much needed service for patients who either have no drug coverage or who cannot get their insurance company to authorize payment for expensive medications. All the major pharmacies participate and on many medications the savings are substantial. I have had patients actually call back in tears thanking me for pointing them to this site.

I've read some of the negative reviews on this site. Let me say I've been using GoodRx.com for personal use as well as recommending it to our patients and have had overall very good results. Not every drug made will have a substantial discount, but many do and many of those that do are ones that are quite commonly used. Also, it is important to know that this discount acts in lieu of insurance, not along side it. If you already have a low copay with your insurance this will not help.

judyr22
1/14/16

I got a quote for Abilify, 10mg for a little over $200 for 30 pills, when I printed the form it was close to $400, this place is a rip off. Don't waste your time.

denniss99
1/12/16

My insurance company was giving me all sorts of problems in trying to refill an Rx a month early--I needed the meds since I was going out of the country for an extended period. The retail price at my local Walgreen's was over $450.00. I found the GoodRx site, printed the coupon, and the same Walgreen's filled the script for $46.00. GoodRx solved my problem and saved me over $400! Very impressed!

debiw4
1/8/16

I am in between insurance coverage and had Vancomycin filled today. Without the coupon I would have paid $800 but with the coupon I paid $310. I am so thankful that I had this coupon!! Walmart did not hesitate redeeming it. I suggest calling pharmacies to make sure they use the Goodrx.

michaelh203
1/8/16

I first used GoodRX just over a year ago and was surprised at the savings even when compared to my insurance, it made sense to pay out of pocket and use GoodRx. Then I tried to use it again for a different script and the experience was totally different. I went to three pharmacies and none would honor the GoodRx price. Now that I'm about to refill the first prescription, the price has nearly quadrupled and is now significantly higher than I can get through my insurance. I guess as many have stated this is hit or miss, but don't be surprised if you are in for a poor and embarrassing experience at the counter.

lewisr6
1/7/16

They list multiple pharmacies and allow you to specify dosages and quantity.

docj4
1/7/16

One of the reviews on this site stated that they trusted the GoodRx card because it came from their Doctor's office.

Don't let this influence you. I just got a whole packet of these cards in the mail with a holder so that patients could pick them up. I'm sure a lot of other doctors get the same thing. Some put them out without checking into them thinking they are helping their patients. I'm skeptical, so I look into things like this when the come across my desk.

It looks like most pharmacies DO NOT take this card. You may get a discount from some pharmacies; probably most likely because they GIVE you a percentage off to keep you happy, not because they've actually signed up for the card.

Interestingly, the company gets no money from you, the card user, nor do they get money from the Pharmacy. How do they make any money, you might wonder? Probably data mining. They get people to take the card, get them to go to their website, maybe enter some personal information and then they sell that information to other companies.

This company isn't really in the business of discount prescriptions. They are in the business of getting your personal information and selling it to whoever will pay for it, whether the buyer is legit or not.

If you want to use this card, go ahead and try. You might get a discount. You probably won't. It won't hurt (in most cases) to ask. But do not go to their website and give them any personal information. It won't get you a discount and you'll be giving them what they want for FREE.

By the way, I suspect some of the positive reviews here are "planted" by the company producing the cards. I doubt that many people have had a positive experience with these cards.

*********************

I have read the response by the company representative (below). I've called the local pharmacies in my area (Walgreens, Walmart, Albertson's, Medicine Shoppe.) None of them accept GoodRx.

I stand by my review.

The responses suggests that they have a "contract" with pharmacies. However, in most states a contract, by definition, to be legal, must contain one party giving the other party something in exchange for something in return. GoodRx does not help pay for medications. They provide nothing to the pharmacy. They also have no financial relationship with the "customer," the person buying the medication.

I still would like to know how this company can be successful, if they are not being paid by the doctor, by the card user or by the pharmacy.

erice32
1/3/16

I've never been so humiliated in all my life. The pharmacy tech at Walgreens said they do accept discount cards but not GoodRx. When I pressed he got the pharmacy manager who mirrored the same words. Then he explained that they coupons they produce put the pharmacy in the red because the displayed price doesn't even cover the ingredient cost of the drug. I took back my coupon and went to CVS, same story there as well as Walmart. All three can't be wrong. There should be a law that protects consumers from these types of companies. What a SCAM!

dz31
12/26/15

They list pharmacies who do NOT exist.
They list med.s & price for pharmacies who NEVER CARRY IT.
Nearly everyone DENIES the fake coupons.
Prices never right.
SPIES and RECORDS confidential med.s, endangering from home break-ins.

Utterly useless and worse FALSE INFORMATION.
Heck, Walgreens gave a deeper discount by using a generic code (refused Good Rx)

rogers163
12/19/15

A doctor told us about this GoodRX. Try to get discount under GoodRX with CVS for Tribenzor 40-5-12.5. Got no discount at all. CVS just jacked up the price with the AARP insurance from $45 copay to $58 copay. These drugs companies and pharmacy's are just ripping the people off and Congress passed a law not to all negotiation so obviously the legislators are not working for the people. What a country!

beng56
12/7/15

Lost my health insurance last month and saved $102 on Adderall XR 30mg caps at Walgreens using GoodRx. $75 is still worse than the $10 dollar copay before but it's much better than $177!

richb35
12/5/15

They claim they GET you name and date of birth, but then strip it from the rest of the info - kinda like the NSA and the Feds.
IF that's true, why do they even get it in the first place.
As far as pharmacys not taking it, all they have to do is scan the coupon in - if they don't at least do that - instruct them on how to do they're job.

bradleym45
12/3/15

Talked to Sam's Club Manager ,,,WILL NOT accept due to NONE payment to Sam's !!

jays348
11/30/15

Found out about Goodrx from a doctor, so I know it's not a scam. But here's my story: The price was not quite as good as advertised ($6.00). I paid $9.75 at Walmart using Goodrx which was still better than what it would have cost me using my regular insurance. I had it refilled a few times without a problem,then BANG out of nowhere the price jumped to $22.00 using Goodrx, same prescription, same refill, same pharmacy. My theory is that the supply source for the first price dried up (European country). Also, from what I gather from some of the reviews, some pharmacy techs are either too lazy to go the extra step or simply don't know how or just don't care. I'll keep trying, hoping that a new source is found by Walmart.

melvinc17
11/28/15

Neither Walmart or target accept Rx coupons don't waste your ink and paper.

nikk301
11/23/15

GoodRx worked for me! I paid $75.62 for 30 capsules of Adderall 30XR.

currentr2
11/21/15

Got a 90 Day supply of Amlodipine for $8 ,Was $77 before coupon at Walmart

ambera18
11/16/15

I went to pick up my 1 prescription at CVS (no insurance) and they said it'd be $110. Looked it up on goodrx and it was only $9 at target!!!!! And got my other one there for $7 (not sure how much that one would have been). Awesome site. Would recommend to anyone.

johnm601
11/10/15

To say I had a few doubts is an understatement. I thought it had to be too good to be true. My mom's medicine is over $700 for a 3-month supply at some places. The absolute cheapest I could find was $240. But with this coupon I was able to get it for $101 at Target! I was already to fight with the pharmacist, or with the GoodRx customer help line, or both. But when I presented the coupon, there was no problem at all. I. Was. Stunned. And very pleased! Don't know how it works, but it really did for us.

abbies3
11/7/15

I was prescribed a medication that needed prior authorization from my insurance company before I could fill it. Instead of waiting a week or two for the process to finish, I decided to pay for the script out of pocket - the GENERIC was even $175! I looked online for coupons, downloaded the GoodRx app, typed in my prescription and it showed me that the Walgreens near my house had it on sale for $75!! (only applicable without insurance). I brought my phone with me and showed the pharmacist, and they typed in the code, and gave it to me for $75 no questions asked - I was out of there within 10 minutes! Can't believe I saved so much THANK YOU GOODRX!

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
douglash20
A: Yes.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
douglash20
A: You do not have to sign up - simply head to GoodRx.com (or download our mobile app) and get a free coupon. It's really that simple.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.
GoodRx?