US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

vikcys

Just showed pharmacy my coupon on phone and saved $40 off prescription price. (in 3 reviews)

alanp44

Went to cvs at first I had another discount card they told me with card would cost 72.00. (in 4 reviews)

abbies3

I was prescribed a medication that needed prior authorization from my insurance company before I could fill it. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marib45
2/3/16

Tried to use my coupon from a goodrx which was a recommended Publix. The pharmacist just smiled and said they didn't honor those goodrx coupons or cards.
Publix said they quit accepting goodrx over a year ago

trinityj
1/28/16

I did some research. I filled my prescriptions today at Walmart Pharmcy. I found GoodRx's card in my mail when I got home. After trying to see if GoodRx was a scam I found this page and GoodRx's website. I put in one of my prescriptions into GoodRx's search and my town. I paid $10 (my Insurance's copay) for Fenofibrate. According to GoodRx's website Walmart pharmacy would charge me $28.39, almost three times what I actually paid. What I am gathering if you use GoodRx, your insurance is not billed for their portion hence why its higher after trying to use GoodRx.

I think the doctor that posted a review was dead on. Once you use GoodRx's discount card, you very likely will find your information sold, maybe even your identity stolen. My advice is to tear up the card the moment you receive it in the mail and toss it in the trash where it belongs.

To good ole Douglas, you are nothing more than a lying scammer.

@Admin, the name was not personal information, why you may ask is because he is posting to this page under that name. That makes it public information as everyone can see it.

jaym139
1/27/16

I went to Walgreen with my prescription and they filled using RX coupon for a little more than coupon stated. When I went for 2nd refill, it was 3 times more. I took the prescription to Target and they gave me coupon price. Now Target wants to double the coupon price and says it doesn't guarantee the coupon price. I also found out that you can only change pharmacy's twice for them to honor the coupon. If you have gone to a previous pharmacy, they wont allow you to switch a second time. Keeps you from switching pharmacies to honor first RX coupon. That's why they keep raising the price since they know you have reached your limit in pharmacies and have to use them again. What a racket.

lorim52
1/26/16

Just used the app at Walmart in Cortland ny. The drop off lady was aware of goodrx and just punched it in. No insurance card needed. It was 109$ and I got it for 54$ the exact price listed on the app. Very happy!!!

maryr138
1/25/16

My veterinarian wanted me to pay $111 for 120 pills of my dogs seizure medication, I asked them to call in a script to CVS Pharmacy instead & used the GoodRX app & got it for $23 for 180 pills! Thankful this worked!

mikeg158
1/22/16

GoodRX saved me $29 on this prescription over my insurance co-pay. What a fanastic deal.

susanl106
1/18/16

I'm sorry all these other reviewers had negative experiences with GoodRx. Maybe the problem is their pharmacies. I just got a prescription filled that was quoted as $213 with my new insurance for $75 with GoodRx - and the Walgreens where I went was more than happy to use the coupon. Granted, it's hard to get excited about paying $75 when I used to pay $15 with my old insurance, but it's tons better than $213!!

michaels339
1/16/16

GoodRx.com has saved my patients hundreds of dollars and has saved our practice frustration and phone calls. It is easy to use and provides a much needed service for patients who either have no drug coverage or who cannot get their insurance company to authorize payment for expensive medications. All the major pharmacies participate and on many medications the savings are substantial. I have had patients actually call back in tears thanking me for pointing them to this site.

I've read some of the negative reviews on this site. Let me say I've been using GoodRx.com for personal use as well as recommending it to our patients and have had overall very good results. Not every drug made will have a substantial discount, but many do and many of those that do are ones that are quite commonly used. Also, it is important to know that this discount acts in lieu of insurance, not along side it. If you already have a low copay with your insurance this will not help.

judyr22
1/14/16

I got a quote for Abilify, 10mg for a little over $200 for 30 pills, when I printed the form it was close to $400, this place is a rip off. Don't waste your time.

denniss99
1/12/16

My insurance company was giving me all sorts of problems in trying to refill an Rx a month early--I needed the meds since I was going out of the country for an extended period. The retail price at my local Walgreen's was over $450.00. I found the GoodRx site, printed the coupon, and the same Walgreen's filled the script for $46.00. GoodRx solved my problem and saved me over $400! Very impressed!

debiw4
1/8/16

I am in between insurance coverage and had Vancomycin filled today. Without the coupon I would have paid $800 but with the coupon I paid $310. I am so thankful that I had this coupon!! Walmart did not hesitate redeeming it. I suggest calling pharmacies to make sure they use the Goodrx.

michaelh203
1/8/16

I first used GoodRX just over a year ago and was surprised at the savings even when compared to my insurance, it made sense to pay out of pocket and use GoodRx. Then I tried to use it again for a different script and the experience was totally different. I went to three pharmacies and none would honor the GoodRx price. Now that I'm about to refill the first prescription, the price has nearly quadrupled and is now significantly higher than I can get through my insurance. I guess as many have stated this is hit or miss, but don't be surprised if you are in for a poor and embarrassing experience at the counter.

lewisr6
1/7/16

They list multiple pharmacies and allow you to specify dosages and quantity.

docj4
1/7/16

One of the reviews on this site stated that they trusted the GoodRx card because it came from their Doctor's office.

Don't let this influence you. I just got a whole packet of these cards in the mail with a holder so that patients could pick them up. I'm sure a lot of other doctors get the same thing. Some put them out without checking into them thinking they are helping their patients. I'm skeptical, so I look into things like this when the come across my desk.

It looks like most pharmacies DO NOT take this card. You may get a discount from some pharmacies; probably most likely because they GIVE you a percentage off to keep you happy, not because they've actually signed up for the card.

Interestingly, the company gets no money from you, the card user, nor do they get money from the Pharmacy. How do they make any money, you might wonder? Probably data mining. They get people to take the card, get them to go to their website, maybe enter some personal information and then they sell that information to other companies.

This company isn't really in the business of discount prescriptions. They are in the business of getting your personal information and selling it to whoever will pay for it, whether the buyer is legit or not.

If you want to use this card, go ahead and try. You might get a discount. You probably won't. It won't hurt (in most cases) to ask. But do not go to their website and give them any personal information. It won't get you a discount and you'll be giving them what they want for FREE.

By the way, I suspect some of the positive reviews here are "planted" by the company producing the cards. I doubt that many people have had a positive experience with these cards.

*********************

I have read the response by the company representative (below). I've called the local pharmacies in my area (Walgreens, Walmart, Albertson's, Medicine Shoppe.) None of them accept GoodRx.

I stand by my review.

The responses suggests that they have a "contract" with pharmacies. However, in most states a contract, by definition, to be legal, must contain one party giving the other party something in exchange for something in return. GoodRx does not help pay for medications. They provide nothing to the pharmacy. They also have no financial relationship with the "customer," the person buying the medication.

I still would like to know how this company can be successful, if they are not being paid by the doctor, by the card user or by the pharmacy.

erice32
1/3/16

I've never been so humiliated in all my life. The pharmacy tech at Walgreens said they do accept discount cards but not GoodRx. When I pressed he got the pharmacy manager who mirrored the same words. Then he explained that they coupons they produce put the pharmacy in the red because the displayed price doesn't even cover the ingredient cost of the drug. I took back my coupon and went to CVS, same story there as well as Walmart. All three can't be wrong. There should be a law that protects consumers from these types of companies. What a SCAM!

dz31
12/26/15

They list pharmacies who do NOT exist.
They list med.s & price for pharmacies who NEVER CARRY IT.
Nearly everyone DENIES the fake coupons.
Prices never right.
SPIES and RECORDS confidential med.s, endangering from home break-ins.

Utterly useless and worse FALSE INFORMATION.
Heck, Walgreens gave a deeper discount by using a generic code (refused Good Rx)

rogers163
12/19/15

A doctor told us about this GoodRX. Try to get discount under GoodRX with CVS for Tribenzor 40-5-12.5. Got no discount at all. CVS just jacked up the price with the AARP insurance from $45 copay to $58 copay. These drugs companies and pharmacy's are just ripping the people off and Congress passed a law not to all negotiation so obviously the legislators are not working for the people. What a country!

beng56
12/7/15

Lost my health insurance last month and saved $102 on Adderall XR 30mg caps at Walgreens using GoodRx. $75 is still worse than the $10 dollar copay before but it's much better than $177!

richb35
12/5/15

They claim they GET you name and date of birth, but then strip it from the rest of the info - kinda like the NSA and the Feds.
IF that's true, why do they even get it in the first place.
As far as pharmacys not taking it, all they have to do is scan the coupon in - if they don't at least do that - instruct them on how to do they're job.

bradleym45
12/3/15

Talked to Sam's Club Manager ,,,WILL NOT accept due to NONE payment to Sam's !!

jays348
11/30/15

Found out about Goodrx from a doctor, so I know it's not a scam. But here's my story: The price was not quite as good as advertised ($6.00). I paid $9.75 at Walmart using Goodrx which was still better than what it would have cost me using my regular insurance. I had it refilled a few times without a problem,then BANG out of nowhere the price jumped to $22.00 using Goodrx, same prescription, same refill, same pharmacy. My theory is that the supply source for the first price dried up (European country). Also, from what I gather from some of the reviews, some pharmacy techs are either too lazy to go the extra step or simply don't know how or just don't care. I'll keep trying, hoping that a new source is found by Walmart.

melvinc17
11/28/15

Neither Walmart or target accept Rx coupons don't waste your ink and paper.

nikk301
11/23/15

GoodRx worked for me! I paid $75.62 for 30 capsules of Adderall 30XR.

currentr2
11/21/15

Got a 90 Day supply of Amlodipine for $8 ,Was $77 before coupon at Walmart

ambera18
11/16/15

I went to pick up my 1 prescription at CVS (no insurance) and they said it'd be $110. Looked it up on goodrx and it was only $9 at target!!!!! And got my other one there for $7 (not sure how much that one would have been). Awesome site. Would recommend to anyone.

johnm601
11/10/15

To say I had a few doubts is an understatement. I thought it had to be too good to be true. My mom's medicine is over $700 for a 3-month supply at some places. The absolute cheapest I could find was $240. But with this coupon I was able to get it for $101 at Target! I was already to fight with the pharmacist, or with the GoodRx customer help line, or both. But when I presented the coupon, there was no problem at all. I. Was. Stunned. And very pleased! Don't know how it works, but it really did for us.

abbies3
11/7/15

I was prescribed a medication that needed prior authorization from my insurance company before I could fill it. Instead of waiting a week or two for the process to finish, I decided to pay for the script out of pocket - the GENERIC was even $175! I looked online for coupons, downloaded the GoodRx app, typed in my prescription and it showed me that the Walgreens near my house had it on sale for $75!! (only applicable without insurance). I brought my phone with me and showed the pharmacist, and they typed in the code, and gave it to me for $75 no questions asked - I was out of there within 10 minutes! Can't believe I saved so much THANK YOU GOODRX!

mabelt3
11/6/15

I've used this website a few times for coupons on my medications. I like that it lists several stores and their prices for your medicine so you don't have to physically go there or call to price it out. You can have your medication mailed to you in some cases. It's worth a look, every little bit helps.

bonarda
10/28/15

Good RX is useful to those of us that are retired with no Part D coverage. The only difficulty is that not all pharmacies will accept the coupons. In my area, Publix and CVS have refused to take them saying that they are not being reimbursed. The prices quoted for some of the other pharmacies are lower than what is actually charged. When I spoke with the Good RX operator, she wasn't very helpful in resolving the issues. The phone number on the coupon that is supposed to "resolve the issue" wasn't even tied to anything related to medicine or pharmacueticals and was answered by a recording. Needless to say, using this method can be frustrating. IT DOES SAVE MONEY bottom line.

stevet67
10/16/15

We printed the coupon and went to Walmart to get Clarithromycin 500 mg, 28 tablets. They didn't give us the discount we were supposed to get according to the website. So, we couldn't buy using it. We found another card to get another discount but not as low as in the website. We would recommend to try with different pharmacies if you print a coupon and see if it may work. We had prescription in Walmart and also the website gave the price for Walmart. But didn't work for us.

jackiew23
10/15/15

Worked for my Rx at the CVS in Henderson, NV (Whitney Ranch). The pharmacy tech warned me that the discount may not be as high as stated on the coupon, but it was. Had it not been, it still would have helped. I saved about 31% on my Rx. Thanks!

marthac42
10/13/15

Are you all going to be here next year, I sure hope so...u save me more than my insurance does...

brendat15
10/8/15

Walmart in muskogee okla. Refuses to accept good rx discount

joeh81
10/4/15

THIS IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM

joanm41
9/29/15

Walgreens in Alachua, FL refused to accept coupon for a hydrocortisone cream. Said it was below what it costs them. Tried CVS in High Springs, FL. Was told they would accept. Had doctor send prescription to CVS. When talked to them, said could not accept coupon. After calling GoodRX and complaining, I called CVS back and put pressure on them. After some consultation with the pharmacist, they came back bright and cheery and said they would accept coupon. My take on all this...be persistant. Make sure you have a card from GoodRX with group and membership numbers. Go in to pharmacy in person. Have pharmacy call GoodRX.

randyb43
8/30/15

About 2 years ago, one of my prescriptions went from $4 to $52 dollars. I wasn't very happy with that so I started looking at the internet for something better and found Goodrx. Thought, well it may be a scam but tried it anyway. Goodrx said the cost that $52 prescription would cost just over $5 at another pharmacy. I went to that pharmacy and lo and behold, the price
for the very same prescription was $5 and some change, just what the Goodrx coupon said it would be. Since then, I've started using Goodrx on about half of my meds.. It works for me!!

Tip for consumers: The Goodrx site list several different pharmacy's so you can pick the one closest to you or the one with the best prices. One pharmacy said they didn't honor some of the Goodrx coupons so guess what, I don't use them anymore

lorettas8
8/12/15

I used my coupon at Walmart for two prescriptions that would have cost $185.00. I saved about $100.00 and paid $82.00. The tech did not blink an eye when I gave him my coupon. It worked like dream.

lindaw99
8/11/15

I was shocked to find my sister in law's medication was so inexpensive at a time that we were in need! Thank you GoodRx and Wal-Mart!

alf1232
8/10/15

The problem with GoodRx is that they are known as an aggregator. They use several sources to find discounts and don't actually negotiate pharmacy contracts themselves. That said, it should be a good business model like Priceline and other online shopping services. However, GoodRx uses National Drug Codes of massive quantity purchases typically found in large mail order warehouses so their coupon price is often less than the pharmacy's cost for the drug. That is why several people and pharmacies complain that their coupons are invalid.

sherrik1
7/31/15

I just used this for a prescription at the Walmart pharmacy. The prescription was $98 for a 30-day prescription. Someone told me to try this app. I downloaded it and was able to get the prescription at the same Walmart Pharmacy for $17.02!! They honored it, but they didn't have that rate available at a nearby Walmart. So I guess you have to go by the location. But in short, I was pleased as punch!!

joyh9
7/28/15

If you can find a pharmacy that honors this. It appears to be the better of the apps I've found. But I have a med goodrx didn't honor their coupon, and they changed the coupons since I used it. Luckily I have the coupon saved as it was, but they refuse to honor it, and come up with lies and bogus explanations as to why they don't have to.

rafaeld18
7/25/15

I see some people here complaining. Well, I believe that goodrx is great because I still don't understand why they give us this discount. I had no insurance and the prescription that I take cost 215$ with good rx I pay 32 $ so it is a blessing!

rudyw5
7/21/15

Quantity 120 of levetiracetam 750mg was $170 cash. Sam's Advantage Plus membership discount was $102.

GoodRx website said I would pay $20. However, the actual price I paid at the counter was $39. (The pharmacy tech told me that GoodRx coupon doesn't always show the GoodRx quoted price.) Otherwise I would have given 5 stars.

But it did work and I saved a lot of money!

toddo7
7/21/15

This is nothing more than a scam since they offer it to people who receive Iowa Medic-Aid and pay only $1.05 per prescription. Even their top discount of 80% can't match $1.05.

beverlyc28
7/13/15

I live in Palmetto, Fl. I've tried using the discount card and coupons at Winn Dixie, Publix and Walgreens, no one would accept them even thought they were clearly listed on the Good RX website. Very disappointing.

laurac84
6/15/15

I am giving this 3 stars even though I couldn't get the advertised price and felt the explanation goodrx gave me was a bold faced lie. The reason I give 3 stars is that Target would still give me a heavy discount over retail even though it was alost 3 x advertised.
I am doing without the medicine. Apparently no one sells it at a reasonable price.

markn49
5/25/15

I visited three different pharmacies in an effort to find one that would honor the "coupon price" on a basic generic sleeping medication, an effort that failed. The reasons varied... "it's only for people without insurance", "it's below our cost" and simply, "We can't sell it for that". The explanation from a GoodRX representative was that it's a controlled substance and pharmacies can decline to honor coupons at their discretion. It was pointed out that the website doesn't disclose that information for this medication and the subsequent explanation was that in almost all cases for this medication (Zolpidem) a coupon is honored so they don't alert the consumer. This certainly was not my experience. I asked the GoodRX rep if she could just tell me one pharmacy that would sell it to me at the advertised price. Her response was to say she couldn't but I was welcome to keep trying at the various pharmacies the site directed me to.
If you have time and energy to visit multiple locations and argue with pharmacy personnel AND GoodRx personnel than GoodRX is for you. Perhaps like the auto advertisements there was one at that price but someone got there before me.

priscillac8
5/17/15

Let me start by saying some pharmacy techs are morons. I had one who didn't even wanna look at the coupon, went to another pharmacy, the girl put in the code but said yeah it's still $142 though. So I said fine I still need it, I guess I'll just pay the $142. To my surprise when I returned to pick it up I only had to pay $28!!!! As the site said :) I am so grateful and did not have to hassle with my insurance who didn't wanna cover it or wait a week for a prior authorization... So simple and easy. I wish everyone had knowledge of this unfortunately not everyone does!

vickic9
5/13/15

So I was skeptical as hugely discounted but we are in between insurance after moving states and I'm disabled on a fixed income. My daughter has special needs and needs her meds so no choice but to try. I went to Walmart and showed them the discount info on my phone. She entered the info and voila the price was as quoted on Goodrx. I left with 600.00 in scripts for 39.00. Yes 39.00!!!!! It actually cost less then my old insurance co pays of 25.00 each for tier 3 drugs. I highly recommend Goodrx and don't know why some pharmacies are telling people it's a scam other than it's an assumption as it doesn't appear from the reviews they're evrn entering the discount info. If you experience this maybe try another pharmacy or good ole Walmart. I don't usually do reviews but this was just amazing!!!!!

scottl60
5/8/15

I needed a prescription for Biaxin, and yes I know I can get it generic, but I do not want generic drugs that come from foreign countries where you don't know what you get...plus my doctor agrees with me to stick with brand names. I went to my local drug store and the brand biaxin was ridiculously expensive. I used goodrx and found that CVS.com had it for 50% less. Obviously I can trust cvs and so I saved myself considerable money. What goodrx.com is useful for is figuring out which drugstore carries the prescription for the least amount of money. Sure you could call all of them but that would take forever. It is so easy to save money.

37 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
6 days ago
Answer
douglash20
A: Every pharmacy GoodRx lists is contracted to accept GoodRx discounts. If you're having an issue, please email info@goodrx.com. Thanks!
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
GoodRx?