US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

mikeh140
11/24/14

BOGUS!!! Women are not real. Once star is way too much!!! I talked to several people there and none would give me a refund. This site is a complete scam and if you give them your money, shame on you!!

johns766
10/20/14

Actually one star is to high for this site. It's a TOTAL fraud !!!! After you register for free then you receive a large amount of emails and interest. What you will find out is that Golfmates has a staff of people that send out fake emails to lure you into spending the $35 for a chance to connect. I admit I fell for it too but I hope someone reading these reviews will not. It's too bad really, a dating site that caters to the like minded interests would be a great thing but unfortunately this site is only interested in money and screwing over people.

annej9
10/4/14

This site is completely a fraud. Golfmates sends you emails from members, yet when you open the emails, they have been sent by Golfmates with canned sayings like : "Hi, how are today", " Hi, care to chat?" ,then they give a blue line to click on that basically says : "go ahead and contact this member".
Price is $35.95 a month and is nothing but a bogus site !

jimw52
9/16/14

This site is totally bogus....Don't waste your money!!!! I received no real responses until I cancelled my membership.....to then receive 100+emails that I cannot read until I rejoin.

Too bad, it seems like a really nice way to meet somebody with similar interests.

Jim

rayg20
8/7/14

thank you golfmate..getting married this Saturday to woman I met on golf mates in 2008....I met.five women using the service....

johnw212
7/13/14

Does anyone have a phone # for so called customer service??????????????????????

robertom22
6/2/14

Like virtually all other reviewers, I say stay away from this scam site. Go to Match.com and use the keyword "golf" if you're looking for a golfer.

kamella
5/27/14

Complete and total fraud. Received dozens of "interests" until I joined and paid. The "interests" stopped. I got no response from even one of the women who had shown an interest in me. The customer service agent, Shy, was in the Phillappines. She was polite and obviously scripted. Where are the consumer protection agencies we pay to investigate these criminals?

johnm290
3/25/14

TOTAL FRAUD, DO NOT JOIN. Customer service is off-loaded to the Philippines to someone with little.no authority to resolve your issue. Email message alerts are bogus, just some new sucker joining or posting a profile. They claim a "no refund" policy to get around someone cancelling. If there is one, it's certainly buried in some unreadable font.

cindys32
3/9/14

Don't do it! I am an avid golfer and thought this might be a good way to meet an interesting partner. After trying this, I believe the site sent bogus messages to get me to join and pay for their services. People who might have once been on, but are no longer using it.
When I decided to quit after signing up for only one month, my credit card continued to be charged. When contacted, golfmates refused to provide a refund... the CCard company I have resolved the issue in my favor.

lynnec8
3/7/14

Latest update, I see that I am "viewing" profiles of all and anyone within marginal distance to me, age difference of no consequence. This is ridiculous and not the case at all. I would not be surprised if I am "sending" them messages to entice them to pay and stay on the site.

desib
3/7/14

Same as prior poor reviews. After receiving several email responses, I decided to pay for one month. Sure enough none of the ladies I replied to have yet to contacted me. Then after a few more days additional emails came in from different ladies but using the same phrase in the message. "Hi, your profile is interesting", had ladies use that line twice in 7 emails. What are the chances of that…..ya right scam. Don't bother save your money.

kayg11
11/26/13

Signed up a week ago and purchased a membership for 3 months. That is as much $$$ as I can spare for a dating site. Or is it really a dating site? I received notifications from 3 women that they favorited me but upon my reply with a real message they have not responded yet, 3/4 days.

Yesterday, I was online for about an hour and received 2 more messages. This time the two ladies were online and we started to chat. They gave some rather suspicious answers and descriptions, both said they were in the import/export or sales business buying goods from overseas and selling them in the US. Neither one writes good english, I mean not even High School like English. Both asked very quickly what I was looking for in a woman and they were looking for their soulmate. Then they wanted to continue the chat on Yahoo Messenger. One of them is supposedly half British and half African. I am mixed myself and cannot find much mixed in her. The other one has a mom in the UK and her dad passed away a year ago.

I proceeded to chat some more with one of the two and when it was time to say good night, she asked me to go into her account and upgrade it, so that her younger sister could use it to find her own soulmate.

I think that just sealed our fate. We will never cross paths in our lives unless she found out where I live by using my IP address.

I am not convinced about this site.

markg64
11/17/13

I have been following the site for a while now. The main page NEVER changes in regards to the number on line, # viewed me etc. I have been taking screen shots to prove this. I also was getting emails saying people were interested but they never sent them. ALL IS A SCAM... Be forewarned..

no-oney
10/21/13

I was a paid member for two months. I did meet a woman and we golfed several times. Other than that there was no interaction with the other members. I did not continue my membership and recently I have received 18 emails. The funny thing is, these "members" that emailed me did not view my profile. I ask, hos could you send someone an email without viewing that person's profile. This site is fake!

lisao7
9/27/13

they used to be okay but the site got sold and now they are going into their membership and spamming everyone; i get tons of mesages that someone wrote me to try to get me to join. don't they have a watchdog outlet to shut these people down? they are obviously about to lose it and very very desparate!

steveb70
9/17/13

not sure what everyone is talking about....
i have met 4 different women on this site over a 6 month period .... THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE
i am still dating two of them ... don't freak out ... we have not committed to seeing only each other (yet)
i have had multiple responses to my profile ... and these emails are from real people....

franciscob22
8/31/13

This site has to be a fraud. I have had the same bad experience as have all of the other people who have complained on this site. I assume that anyone who leaves a positive comment here is part of the fraud. I would love to be part of a class action suit against this site.

darrellm17
7/15/13

also received the "unreadable until paid" email. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

rogerh31
7/15/13

I agree with the others. This website is a scam! They send fake emails making you believe someone is interested in you. I asked them about this and they said all communication was between members. I think this was a legitimate site before. It must be new ownership. This is making me think about a class action suit against them. This is pure fraud!

cf13
7/5/13

I couldn't believe the reviews and wanted to believe, so I joined to review my "messages" from a very attractive golfer, THEY HAD NOT WRITTEN ME AT ALL., the site just said so. I immediately requested a refund, which they came up with the line about no refunds, I told them that didn't apply to behavior I consider to be fraudulent. STAY AWAY

susiem4
7/1/13

This site I jioned years Go then quit. It was better then by the way. I was working out of country and got notification daily I had emails. When I just came home over 110! Well, not one was an email. They were. This guy is interested in you, you are marked as favorite, i like your profile.lets meet up. These are not emails Nd they are not members I am sure. This site not like Match where. People actually join and for real communicate. Big scam. I am calling today for my 3 months back. Stay away from them

deed32
6/13/13

I have never even put a profile up on golfmates.com and I just met a guy on another site who said he emailed my profile that had exact same pictures & verbiage on golfmates.com and I never responded, but I responded to him now and he was surprised! I told him I've never been on this site and he described the different pics that he saw there that I don't have on the current site. I HAVE NEVER PUT A PROFILE UP ON GOLFMATES.COM! I just tried to go on the site and everytime I click on the golfmates.com link it takes me to ChristianMatchMaker.com which I did have a profile on years ago. Scammers!

frankg35
5/12/13

A total scam with fake e-mails generated to make you think you're communicating with real people. Can't believe I was so foolish as to waste my money.

briano9
4/24/13

The same stupid $#*! is happening to me that is happening to everyone else on this site. Golfmates sends emails to me from other members that are supposedly interested members. I've sent several emails and have not even received one email back. This site is a scam. Total Rip Off.

Stay away

arlenem
4/13/13

As with all dating websites, the men in my age category are seeking women 20 years their junior. Conversely, all I hear from are men too old for me.

Just a waste of time...

dougs22
4/9/13

Site tricks you into purchasing a membership by sending you "fake" emails from non-paying members. I say fake because the sender clicks a show interest button and Golf Mates generates a generic email. The sender almost always isn't a paid member and can't write to you but you can't find that out from the messages. You can't even read the entire message without paying and then it's too late. They have your money and won't refund.

(Wanted to rate this site so I added this review.)

tyronef4
3/29/13

I set up a "free" profile. Within days I had numerous emails (even without a picture posted). I decided to join for 3 months. I responded to several of these people who were supposedly interested. I have not heard back from even one person. I think this site is a total rip off!!

howardv1
3/26/13

I believe that Golfmates.com is a bate and switch operation. I have not been a member for 2 years but my image was still on their site. Over the last week I got numerous emails from 5 different women all saying the same thing "Loved your profile, we have things in common". I thought what the heck, I'll bite and joined for $39.95 for 3 months. I looked on my profile and I had nothing on there about myself. I answered the e-mails and not one of the women responded. I can't tell if any of them are even active members. I thought that this is a very fishy site and cancelled the next day and asked for my money back. They wrote back and said no refunds. I am disputing this with my credit card company. I don't believe this is a legit site as they were trying to sell it last Summer. June 2012. I think they are trying to drum up business and the women that supposedly wrote me had no idea that I was not a member any more. I would not join this website. I wouldn't give it one star if they had a zero. Buyer beware.

frankc1
EXPERT
3/13/10

Golf Dating website. Been around for a while, they have a lot more participants now so I thought I'd throw it out there. It's well run and not a scam of any kind, the people on the website are real folks.

The price is reasonable, and you can review all the listings before you join. Pretty solid service.

PS-Guys with $$$ handle with care...there is NO social dating site that is not without gold-diggers~

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfMates staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I am on this site and for the last 3-5 days it says it is down for maintenance? Does anyone know what is going on??? Has anyone else been having this problem??? I called their phone # and they said it would be working in a few hours that was day ago.
7/29/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the GolfMates staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?