US Government's NSF

Categories: Downloads, Games

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

9/20/15 has delivered countless titles, playable straight "out of the box." This site has made it easy to download and play classic titles immediately on modern versions of Windows. I am impressed with the service and the library of games available.

Got myself Kings Bounty on GOG.COM.Had every single bug possible,payed the same price at issues what soever.Waste of money and time

Its a complete scam. I downloaded commados pack and it wont work. reinstalled gog and galaxy etc. all games too. wont even load. I cancelled the credit card i used just in case its a hoax. Oh and go ahead and try to use the site to contact customer care. Its not possible as they dont exist. Be warned I really think all the reviews and so called "users"are complete shills. I bet no one has ever downloaded a gamer from them.

Apparently if a CD-Key is bought from a third party and that key happened to be originally bought with a stolen credit card. They'll revoke YOUR game after you bought it legally, despite having no knowledge whatsoever about how it was originally purchased. Without any notification.

I bought NWN diamond and NWN 2 Complete and neither would even download. I tried the new Gog Galaxy and the older Gog downloader and neither will even start the download. I tried the use the report feature two different times and it pops up an error message. I contacted tech support and never heard back. Poorest quality game site I have ever seen.

I bought the game "Torchlight" from on macintosh. It fails to work, and I've messaged their technical support three times and counting about it, over the past week. I've received no reply. Also note that three of the positive reviews for on this site are cut and pasted from each other, which is always suspicious.

No installation instructions requires you to download a 4 gig file in browser before it can install do not buy large games from gog.

Downloaded software and it would not run. Asked for refund and was told to send diag. files. So now I paid for the opportunity to be their debugger! Think not. They claim software would work - it did not so refund my money. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

If you ever have a problem with anything there will be no help. Their payment options also are quite odd. I had more then enough money and a card that allowed international. would not accept payment. then switched money to paypal account to buy it. told me payment was not accepted but got charged. Had to fight tooth and nail to get the money back but they could not give me the game. I find them to be garbage mostly. but if you can get your games might be ok. Go steam if you have an option. Also if you notice most of the reviews are copy/paste. clearly company at work.

I agree entirely with Chris O. review of GOG. Cheap, reliable, DRM free and a really great community and customer support to boot. I highly recommend them.

One word of caution, the reviews on the site often tend to rate games much more highly than they deserve, so take that with a grain of salt.

Good website. There's a lot of old but cool games you can buy and play on.

I love this site, it's easy to use and I found a lot of games I haven't played for a looong time! Very fun and the games are at the right price. I'm really glad to have found this site. ^^

Been wanting to buy something off GOG for a few years and finally a Dungeon Keeper 2 promo came along where it was like $2.50. I couldn't pass it up. Well not only did the site actually do what it was supposed to, but the game was fully patched AND actually plays properly!!!! And on top of that I got Witcher for free which I wasn't expecting and didn't even know about that promo. Maybe my expectations are really low and I'm used to things never, ever working, but GOG did come through seamlessly.

So... obviously you need Steam due to some games ONLY being on Steam (and some content being workshop-only also, and multi-player 1st or 3rd party...), but whenever possible get your stuff DRM-free from GOG.

1 of the best site i found really enjoy with it! love!

FANTASTIC SITE! Great bargains on great games, always doing special deals, and entirely trustworthy. I've bought loads of games from them with not a single problem so far.

Can't recommend GOG enough.

Love the site. Good deals on games, delivery is quick. Never had an issue with them.

Great website for your old school games. Every game comes with it's own installer from GOG that works on all operating systems. Great prices and special deals are always running for many different games. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for classic games of any kind.

2,933 helpful votes

If you keep DOS mouse drivers on a floppy, remember the correct IRQ for a Soundblaster 16, and instinctively reach for the soundcard instead of the USB socket when you plug in a joystick, this is likely to be right up your street. And If the mere whisper of "3D Realms" brings a wistful tear to your eye, you'll be at home here. Because GOG stands for Good Old Games, and it's achieved (more or less) the classic PC gamer's equivalent of discovering the Holy Grail: making a whole swathe of the best classic DOS and Windows95/98 games run in Windows XP or Vista. No more emulations, no more DOSBox, and no need to keep a creaky old 386 machine in the garage for the purpose.

If you have absolutely no idea what any of that meant, this is not for you. But for those of us who blasted our way through Duke Nukem 3D or drove across the desert in Interstate76, and for anyone who wants to discover playability that doesn't depend on 21st century graphics, GOG has put together a collection of games which some of us never expected to see again and which newcomers to early PC gaming should find a refreshing change.

Amazingly, the games are also available at classic prices too, with most being in the $5.99 to $9.99 range. And as GOG has acquired international licences, they're able to supply the games for download at the same price to anyone, anywhere, legally. And there's more, in the form of free manuals, or strategy guides, wallpapers and other free goodies to be downloaded after you've purchased a game.

GOG games are "DRM-free", meaning that there is no copy protection involved. Once you own a copy, you are free to load it up on as many computers as you like, as often as you like. And if you run into troubles, there's an active community ready to help.

So that's the PR, and it seems from reading customer experiences that while it's broadly true, not every game runs as smoothly as intended. I took a look at the reviews of Interstate'76, a 1998 game which I recall fairly fondly . For five or six bucks, or the equivalent, it would be fun to see it again. But apparently this version, though claimed to run on XP, is still terribly buggy and crash-prone and there are some unhappy purchasers out there. I gather at least some of the issues are fixable - anyone who remembers Glide and the Voodoo Banshee card will know that back in the day, compatibility with your video card was by no means guaranteed and sometimes you had to go hunt for drivers. This appears to still be the case, at least with this game, which seems to have shipped with the Glide files missing. But it's the exception rather than the rule, as far as I can see, because reviews for the random choice of other games I looked at were much more favorable. I guess the later games may be easier to 'port' to XP, and as they are supplied fully pre-patched to the latest versions, any bugs inherent in the originals should be long gone. Still, check the reviews before buying, as you would do anywhere else.

The team behind the site has a nice sense of humor, as evidenced by this comment about being in "beta":

"As with every self-respecting website in the Web 2.0 era, we figure we have to keep the site in beta for at least a year before we can launch it. So be warned: if you don't sign up quickly and send us your feedback ASAP, we might think of launching it earlier."

Classic gaming (OK, playing old games) isn't going to be for everyone. I doubt anyone who's shelled out the big bucks for a top-of-the-line gaming machine is planning on running any DOS games, but maybe this will encourage them to experiment. After all, you can buy as many as ten of these games for the price of one modern game, and some of them are good enough to be fondly remembered and replayed ten or twelve years on. I wonder how many of this year's games we will be able to say that about?