US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

karaj3

Yes, they are the absolute best email service and platform out there. (in 8 reviews)

krisj7

I used to have all different email accounts, Hotmail, Yahoo, Aol but Gmail is best. (in 4 reviews)

kellyr10

Just like myself, i use gmail in both personal and business matters. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

aruns3
5/3/15

hi, This is arun, my personal gmail account is not working properly, i thing my mail got expired, plese help me out. contact me on 9940105667

andrewa41
4/17/15

duncanf4
3/16/15

I left Gmail around 2010. Google's point of view on privacy is grotesque. The forcing of their failed social networking site G+ on everyone who signs up is laughable.

I've been using Gmail since it's inception as a closed beta user and loved it. However, as time went on and idiotic views were spatted from the Company, I started looking elsewhere for my email needs.

I still haven't found the perfect email provider, but I've found plenty who has a better track record than Google when it comes to privacy. Not to mention, none of them force their quasi social media sites down your gullet.

Stay away if you put any weight into privacy concerns.

garyh65
1/15/15

Gmail!! I love this so much, except the lack of text on the buttons. We should not have to hover the mouse over the new button icons to see what their function is - text is much more preferable. At least the option to retain this should be added.

jessicat28
12/29/14

Gmail.com is ok, but I am more of an outlook.com kind of girl

krisj7
12/24/14

badshahf
12/18/14

I am happy with their service

dennisbd
11/13/14

Simply, Easy to use, and powerful. I do all my email here. There are many features included that I would have to pay for else where. Love it!

gerih12
11/8/14

Basic Computer www.OnCrash.com

I am so enjoying the use of my computer since Geoffrey worked on it! It was totally blocked with virus etc. Excellent repair job.. Very knowledgeable in computers and repair skills. I learned valuable info about owner a computer in today's world! Very friendly and wonderful to do business with. Very fair in cost of repair! Try him you'll like him!

marieat
11/4/14

I use Gmail service as my work mail account. The threads systematization is good for work mails only I consider. I tried to use this mail service as my personal box, but I failed in that, threads of personal e-mails got me really nerves.

krystalmc
11/2/14

It is great there is nothing confusing about it. It has folders u just have to push the button that says INBOX and a nice amount of folders pop up. In my opinion it is very easy to operate. Ive been using it for the past 2yrs no crashing or bugging

thomassg
10/31/14

I love gmail.

I think it might have changed quite a lot since other users reviewed it in 2007.
I used to have all different email accounts, hotmail, yahoo, excite (way back when) plus local ones from high school and university.

beckym7
10/30/14

I have always been happy with the convenience, speed and reliability standards that Gmail maintains on its site and in its customer service.

leoc16
10/28/14

Not a fan of the way they organize email automatically into different categories.

heikeg
10/25/14

A very good free mail service. I found only one down side and that it's a little slow on slow connections. POP and IMAP services work great though on slow connections.

leticiac1
10/24/14

very nice and easy to use, the email is fast and it is not chaged with all these complicated stuff, i use it as my main email.

nancyjf
10/21/14

been using this site for years. Plus, once they found out that the email may be accesible under the patriot act, they encoded everything, even against themselves, so that no one is able to see your email. truly google is watching out for us, unlike that jerk Zuckerberg over at lamebook

marialc
10/12/14

Write your review to help others learn about this online businessGmail is the best webmail client out there. Finally, my inbox is organized thanks to threaded messages. The search is quick and works well (figures) and I'm able to track conversations much more easily than I ever have been able to before. Highly recommended!

joeee
10/11/14

Very nice and easy to use, the email is fast and it is not chaged with all these complicated stuff, i use it as my main email.

garyal
10/9/14

jenniferc65
10/1/14

Love everything about it. It's intuitive, simple, efficient. Easy on the eye. The real deal.

willardp5
9/28/14

best mailing system ever. yeah this is a system. filter and lab features are awsome, and once you know how the priority inbox work, yo'll fell in love with this. Lab features are another spices in this tray... Simple Awesomeness.

Tip for consumers: Gmail is good service

luisr20
9/20/14

The mail which has been used by the most of the people in the world. The reason is simple, compatible, user friendly like this we can say so many. s this can be used by even the illiterates especially for the illiterates who are doing business and are in a high position in the society are all also having the gmail mail Id's this itself shows us the compatible, userfriendliness of gmail.

ashutoshk
6/21/14

this avails basic version so easy for slow connection now more better in basic html.

alfonsos16
6/3/14

It use to be average webmail client.
But lately you can really see that google put some serious talent into it.
The new layout is great and I really like how it automatically sorts emIl into tabs based on its origin.

gitaw
5/27/14

Gmail is wonderful.
I relly on Gmail for my important emails.

stephanien3
4/21/14

THE best e-mail program. I like how it groups email chains together; how you can label emails, so the same e-mail can have multiple labels; the easy search function. Another great product by Google.

leahs
4/18/14

I'm guessing that an email site will be liked or disliked based on the tastes of many people, however gmail really pleases me. They make updates every now and then and I feel like they are always for the better. They have really cool themes (I'm using the space one) and although I have a limited memory on my account, I never seem to run out of space for my things. Now the emails are organized into the folders: social, primary and promotions. I really, really like gmail and I don't think I will be using another site any time soon.

bharatp3
3/8/14

SiteJabber is a consumer protection and advocacy service made possible by a grant from the US Government's National Science Foundation. SiteJabber was named a top 100 site of 2010 by PC Magazine.

abhishekt
2/12/14

i get to send mails, information quickly and safely,.

josib
1/27/14

Gmail is fast, simple and I liked

johng113
1/16/14

Great

andrewm87
12/26/13

For me, it's the best email client. Hope they will not change their interface much in the future...

xinyh
12/13/13

It is my favorite e-mail, because recipients quickly

josha17
12/10/13

I am not a big fan of the new gmail system liked the old version much better. Anymore I just use outlook.com email system, which is pretty solid!

paulinej2
11/18/13

I like this gmail, it is good

johnk96
11/10/13

Simply the best email service!

tint2
11/4/13

is there a better site than gmail.com for emails? I think not.
I have had an account with them for years and have had no problems.
Good spam filters, setting up filters to sort your mail into different labels. Just awesome features.

ryanf13
9/7/13

Gmail is simple, its easy to use and best of all it has the most advanced spam filters in the market. By that I don't mean that it doesn't only do a good job at removing spam, but it also is nearly flawless and letting email through to the inbox that may otherwise be categorized as spam on other email services.

For instance, in my business I am often needing to email customers with quick little attachments such as pdf's for review and a quick response. When I see the customer has a gmail associated email address I don't have to worry. On the contrary, when I see a customer has a hotmail address...I almost always have to call and tell them to please check their spam folder and most likely my message is in there. I'm not a spammer, i'm sending an email that the customer requested and needs to view, i'm not sending to more than one person at a time, and its not advertising related so it makes no sense that my email should end up in spam. Again, with Gmail this is never something I have to worry about.

Great product, great interface, and free (well...advertising funded which they don't abuse). I don't need to tell you to check it out, because chances are you have and feel the same way I do.

brianw35
6/19/13

My absolute favorite of all webmail services available. It's easy to use, easy to get around and has a lot of free space for use and many, many options. One of most important things, for me, is opening multiple "new mail" windows inside one so I can multitask. I had some trouble recently, since someone was trying to hack into my account and I set the security to the highest level and I must say I'm impressed. It's connected to my phone now and I get a message if there are any suspicious activities going on. Great stuff! Will continue to use Gmail because you have to stick to what works :)

anitap3
4/17/13

I like the the new look overall - except the lack of text on the buttons. We should not have to hover the mouse over the new button icons to see what their function is - text is much more preferable. At least the option to retain this should be added.

leog12
4/17/13

The new look is more difficult to use and see, and the use of icons in place of words is confusing. It looks like you are concentrating more on cool graphics than functionality these days. I wish I could un-upgrade at this point, but it looks like I'm being forced into this so too bad.

It is also much slower. Is there more Java or something? I don't understand how it all works, but i can tell you that Google has lost the clean simplicity that made Gmail such a great find in the beginning. Please don't go too corporate on us...some of us have been here since the beginning and don't want to start disliking Google the way I now dislike Apple.

And now I have to be within a message to apply a label to it? It was very useful before to be able to 'check-mark' several messages and apply a label to multiple messages at the same time. That functionality is gone.

sandyl19
4/17/13

I switched to the new look. Not impressed. Just another look. Not really any WOW factor to it.

However, the new look does not work with the older version of IE on our computers at work. Administrative locks prevent us from updating IE to a new version. Had to switch back to the old look. If you force this transition to the new look, I will not be able to use Gmail at work and that creates problems for me and those who need to contact me in emergencies since I am not allowed to use my cell phone.

Please re-think this. I need to continue using Gmail with the older version of Explorer on my computer at work.

treys4
3/24/13

davida72
3/8/13

What I love the best is the security of no malware emails

chrisj34
2/24/13

Over this week I received some emails about a risk management projects from my peers. Now whatever I search on Google, YouTube or everywhere else, there are some advertisement related to risk management.
I don't have any privacy! They read my emails!!!!!
I want to be free to send, and receive anything I like without being monitored.
This is my personal mail box. Imagine the post office monitors your mail box, and sends you many advertisements related to your letters. Do you like such a post office?
If you like to know more about these issues, there is a very interesting section in:
discussing about Gmail Privacy.

jillv
2/21/13

No calendar in offline, too many spam in inbox. But quite good mail interface

lynnarodr
1/20/13

Google products simply rule the world. I highly recommend all the users to make gmail ID due to credibility factor.

davisonhs
1/18/13

I simply loves all the products of Google. I have given 5 stars to Gmail because Gmail limits the spam ID's and they have a very balanced data base.

damonr9
1/17/13

Gmail is fast and easy to use my favorite mail app.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gmail staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Google has just added Google Voice to Gmail, adding Voice over IP to the video/audio chat option and allowing you to call any phone number directly from your Gmail account page. Calls to the USA and Canada are free, and international calls start at 2 cents a minute. If you aren't in America, though, you don't get this new feature, presumably because Google has no agreement to use phone numbers in any other country.

Setup should be relatively easy. I had some hassle with Adobe Air suddenly popping up and crashing all over the place, but that seems to have sorted itself out now. Probably a result of running old software or the wrong software or both, on my old laptop. It all seems OK now and I had no trouble creating a Google phone number for myself (which will ring all your real-world phones, if you want it to).

If anyone's enthusiastic enough to post a comment, what do you think about this new feature? Google can transcribe your messages already, are you at all concerned that Google will now be able to scan your conversations for nefarious purposes in future? It already has the capability to record every interaction you have with any of the Google services, so why not take it a step further?

There is a page on the new launch at Lifehacker:

Note that secretly recording a phone conversation is illegal in most places and can get you into serious trouble, though I doubt very much if this will also apply to Google scanning a call without actually recording it or having a real person listen to it.
8/26/10
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Gmail staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Gmail?