US Government's NSF

1st Review:
heatherb

179 Reviews for Gilt.com

Review Highlights

Only Shoes and Clothes are returnable and only for store credit.

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/7/14

Worst customer service ever! they sent me two of the same item, double charged me, and refused to let me return the duplicate item.

4/4/14

Gilt has some great deals. What sucks about this website is that things go out of stock quickly, there is a NO RETURN POLICY on all things, and if you googled the product, you could find it for a cheaper price on competitive websites.

Sometimes the quality of an item is worth the money, sometimes it is not. Just be careful when making a purchase. You have to ask yourself, how badly you want it, and how many times it will be used, because I've bought a couple of pair of shoes from DV that pinch my toes, and have worn once. Their website it geared towards higher end items and the customer service sucks.

4/1/14

Their website is not intuitive - it is hard to notice that the shipping address which is obsolete does not change when you enter your new address. This means that even if you entered your new address once, you have to be very careful during your next order to check the shipping address. There should be a very clear message asking to change the default shipping address. My orders went to the address that I used to live at 3 years ago, and GILT refuses to refund. Disappointing

3/31/14

Placed an order and the delivery date came and passed without delivery. Contacted the company to find that my order has not shipped! The customer service rep did not offer an apology.Poor customer service! Looking at all of the other reviews says a lot. I will not be ordering from them again.

3/26/14

Gilt Group is a poorly run business with terrible customer service. After losing my package due to an IT issue, I got no refund or credit. They do not have a customer service line, so after 5 email exchanges I finally received a call from a "manager" who did absolutely nothing.

3/19/14

While they often have fabulous designers, their return policy is unfair, & Gilt's customer service is among the worst I have ever dealt with.

I purchased a pair of earrings from them. When they arrived, the stone in the center of the earrings was the wrong color. When I contacted them via email, their response, not only took 2 days but was snippy. They wouldn't enter my complaint until I took pictures & emailed them. What a pain, but I did it. Their response to me was they do not take returns for refunds unless the item is over $200, but if I pay the return shipping, they will give me a store credit. I was surprised, as THEY misrepresented the item...the picture was for a different color. Therefore, they should have to pay the return shipping & REFUND my money or send me the correct item, not give me a credit. I won't bore you with the details, but there were several emails that went back & forth & Gilt wouldn't budge. Shocking, just shocking. I will not ever make a purchase from them again. I would rather give my money to companies with better return polices & more helpful customer service.

3/12/14

Their customer service is the worst. They only accept returns and only for store credit. They are very unwilling to help a customer. I am always "indebted" to them with store credits if I return something and forced to spend my money on their website until I use up the credit.

I have ordered jewelry too only to have it arrive in pieces and they refuse to accept the return even when it was not properly packaged or shipped.

I have never dealt with such terrible service. I am so glad to see so many others with the same problems.

3/7/14

Buyers beware!! It's a scam... They advertise the wrong items. Assured me it was a dress, and showing as shipping a skirt. Pictures showing a dress and customer service confirmed it was a dress before i paid and after i paid i was told it is in fact a skirt. I told them thats not what i ordered and i dont need a skirt and I just found out they can`t cancel the order. Customer service is the worst. Their supervisor, Patrick, couldn't get me off the phone soon enough. He needed proof and asked to send him pictures. Here is the correspondence:
Mar 05 15:43:

Patrick,
Per our conversation, please look at the pictures below. What I committed on purchasing and was assured was what it's showing in the later pictures. The zesty orange dress as shown in the last pictures. The description says skirt but I was assured in fact that was a dress. I believe the skirt is what is shown in the first three pictures. The description on that one is Crepe Colorblock Sheath which is what I was assured I was buying. Please advise! Thank you

Lisa, Mar 06 07:33:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

It would appear the item in your order is the skirt and not the dress. We would of course be happy to accept a full return on this if it is not what we advised you! I can also see the sheath dress was in your cart. I have reserved this for you for a further 72 hours.

to Gilt
Lisa,
i spoke to Patrick yesterday (was told he was the supervisor) and he asked me to email the pictures over. Patrick has all the background info. I would like to get the dress I was promised I was buying when I submitted my order. I did not purchase a skirt. I even called to make sure it was a dress and was assured it was. You guys need to figure this out and send me the item i was told i was getting. Patrick told me you don`t sell the dress and needed the pictures to verify that you do in fact have the dress. I would like to get what I saw on your website and what i was promised I was going to get when I called in to confirm, the dress!! I have been spending too many hours dealing with this. Somebody messed up the pictures but that isn't my problem. Patrick asked me to send the pics over to prove it and as discussed with him, I did. I`m not interested in the skirt, and that is not what i saw when i purchased it. I spent 10 mins on the phone before placing the purchase and was assured that it was in fact a dress. Again, I`m not interested in the skirt, i would like to receive the item I was promised, which is the dress. I have been very patient but it sounds like I`m getting the same standard answer. Patrick promised me that he would look at the pictures once and get this figured out once he saw you have the dress, and now im getting the same standard response back. This is unacceptable. I have been nice and patient so far and waiting on your resolution before i escalate this further.... Thank you!

Anna Mar 07 10:30:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

I attempted to cancel your order, but was unable to do so. We no longer have the administrative ability make modifications or cancellations to this order. Please note that cancellations can typically only be made within the first 5 minutes of placing your order.

On this occasion I would be happy to make a one time exception for you to return your skirt for a full refund. For future reference, please note that we do not accept returns on items when they are final sale. Please visit https://www.gilt.com/account/return and we will prompt you to print a complimentary USPS shipping label. Once we receive the package in our warehouse, please allow 3-5 business days for us to issue your refund.

3/6/14

One star is way too much!

Gilt accepted my PO Box address. They then accepted my money. Nothing arrived. I called customer service and was informed that they use Fed Ex and Fed Ex does not deliver to PO Boxes. ...?

So where is my package? Why wasn't I notified that the package wasn't coming? Why isn't there an indication next to shipping addresses that they won't deliver to PO Boxes while ordering? Why did they take my money when there's no possibility of delivery??? All legitimate questions!! None of these questions had an answer.

I was informed that if I'd like to drive out of Los Angeles to the nearest Fed Ex hub (in a neighboring city which means 2 hours of traffic-each way) I can have my package. But while I live in Los Angeles I'm working on a movie in Atlanta, Georgia until July- so that won't be happening!! Had I not been suspicious about the quiet and called them, I wouldn't have even known that the rain boots weren't coming! They have no respect for customers. The time wasted, the effort expended, or the frustration they dump on an otherwise spectacular day. I ordered those boots because I actually NEEDED them- time wasted! And today, I didn't have time to eat lunch in the middle of my 15 hr day because I had to piece this nonsense together. I also slipped and said the EF word on the customer service line. No wonder "foul language" is an epidemic in customer service! That's just karma. And well deserved if you want to be party to abusing customers on behalf of $hitty company like Gilt. You can't expect 'please' and 'thank you' from customers while you take their money and treat them like dog crap!

2/19/14

They are in the business of FRAUD!! They show small pictures of items that have no way to zoom in. When the items arrive, there is always something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with them. They are selling the stuff that couldn't be moved in the 90% off closing sale. THIS IS A RIP OFF SITE - They Sell Junk at SUPER PREMIUM PRICES

2/19/14

I have ordered many items from them over the years and I find that they do ship within 3-4 days of placing the order, except during Christmas time where I had to wait for one month to get an order! I have gotten some amazing designer deals like Missoni, Emile et Rose etc at a fraction of the cost. All of the items that I have received were authentic contrary to some of the reviews on this site that they are selling fake items. If I have any problems customer services has been quick to resolve the issues promptly as well. However, I do agree that their return policy and speed leaves much to be desired. I love this site and will continue shopping here...

2/17/14

their customer service socks. Asked for the evidence of wrong order, but they didn't prove any. If you click on the wish list, it automatically charge on the net. Never leave credit info on the net. So fed up with its customer service too. A different mangers reply same email without answering inquiries. I've never done any review on shopping site, but this must be known to everyone!!

2/13/14

Some guy named Paul Meegan is the worst piece of garbage customer representative ever. This company has lost a valued member of the company, and the fact that they cannot accomodate their loyal customers says something about their poor business practices. My friends and family have all stopped buying from them, some of those who spend thousands of dollars a month.

Their no refunds policy is the worst I've ever experienced. EVERY other business is able to make exceptions, why can't they? and the previous reviews were right, they often send you the wrong item, and don't even give you a discount. Sometimes their deals are even more expensive than if you bought it directly from the store! What a joke and scam of a company. Buyers, beware.

2/6/14

really, what a mess this site is.....I ordered 2 items with an expected delivery date, which has been surpassed, I contact them and they tell me 1 item shipped, 2 days ago, yet UPS still can't track it as they have no package in they're system. The other item will take more than 5 weeks to arrive....I could flown to Germany and picked up my knives quicker than these blowhards could deliver. STAY AWAY...SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE.....YOU'LL BE MUCH HAPPIER!

2/5/14

Worst Customer Service I have ever encountered. Ordered a pair of Jack Rogers Whirlaway rain boots, assuming they would be great quality as JR is a good brand. Within a few month and wearing them no more than 10 times, the lining wore completely down to rubber. I called customer service and was told it was a few days past the 90 day extended return policy and there was nothing they could do. Frustrated I hung up and began wearing double socks to try and avoid the blisters. A few weeks later, after ruining numerous pairs of socks, the rubber seam split up the back of both rain boots. So now they are not only unbearable to wear, but also no longer waterproof. Again I called customer service and after 30 minutes (20 of which they kept me on hold) I was once again told they would not refund the boots. I even stressed how this was not normal wear and tear and how the boots had not even lasted on season. Their only response it that it was past the return window. Needless to say, I'm deleting my gilt account.

2/4/14

Wrong items sent to me several times. NO Return policy which is wrong! Change in prices once you confirmed purchase... delivery takes weeks! Do not trust this site!!!

1/30/14

I have ordered here once.
the shipping was 19 days
I ordered a kids cotton jacket, it was reasonable quality, but I'm sure a little overpriced ; I mean it's just OK quality.
I guess what is paid for is the uniqueness of the style, which was pretty unique.
I would have liked to have some kind of email confirmation and shipping status update, but I got no communication after the purchase.

1/30/14

I would be very careful about ordering from them. They misrepresent the prices of their products. It's supposed to be a discount site, but they often sell things for more than you'd pay anywhere else. For example, I just saw a silver Prep9 9-Cup Food Processor selling for $169. They claim the original retail price was $520. I knew there was no way that was true, so I googled that product and most places sell it for $149.99, some even less. The most expensive was for $159.99 (Best Buy).

1/27/14

Been shopping at gilt for years and never had any issues. I haven't returned many things so I can comment on that. For Mens clothing I think they have one of the better selections.

1/26/14

I odered my stuff from gilt more than 2 months and I still get nothing! Send email and all ways tell me to wait. Never shop from gilt!

1/17/14

I never heard of a site that forces you to give an email address before you can even browse their site. Tactics like that are not deserving of any money that people throw around.

1/16/14

I've been buying from gilt for a long time. But every once in a while, I would receive a USED ITEM!!! a freaking used item!!! Like a pair of D&G shoes that were obviously worn before and polished and freaking sent to me. Gotta be $#*!ting me right? Remember how you guys charge 650 for the gucci sneakers when they are only 500 on the ACTUAL GUCCI SITE?? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO you $#*!s?

1/16/14

I wish I read the reviews before shopping at Gilt. I made a number of purchases in the past no problem but when I had to do a return, it was impossible. Stuck with a $300 pair of sunglasses that I don't want. Beware!

1/15/14

They have a HORRENDOUS customer service dept...I have been dealing with trying to get a credit on a massage because the merchant did not honor the voucher even though it was submitted within the valid period...Gilt did not refund me!
Horrible...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THISvWEBSITE!!!! Buyer Beware!!

1/15/14

I ordered $50 worth of candles and received an additional charge for $200, which I am disputing. There was no mention of this on the website. I am also returning the candles. The return policy was not mentioned anywhere either. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS MERCHANT.

12/31/13

horrible, I realized the size may be too small and cancelled immediately. they shipped anyway...lost over $300 because they will not take it back

12/12/13

Horrible return policy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You only get credit for gilt.com if the item is less than $200 .What a SCAM if I knew this I would have never ordered.

12/10/13

They are basically a small company....if you talk to a customer representative be aware you will be talking to the same person the next time but with a different name. They WON'T HELP YOU OUT WITH ANY ISSUE IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF!!!

12/7/13

I ordered a pair of Levi Jeans from Gilt and then compared them to actual Levi's; not the same. The real Levi's were made with a much nicer denim, with better stitching and a non-awkward fit. The Gilt Levi's felt like they were less substantial than a pair of Old Navy jeans, and are not symmetrical in term of the fit. Now I'm not a "sophisticated" enough of a buyer to say that the Gilt pair is fake, but I won't be ordering much from them anymore. Beware of what you order, and make sure you check the return policy.

12/7/13

After ordering a black friday special deal--extra 40% off*(read the fine pint) limited quantity, I researched the product to find that the only company offering this "luxury" brand is gilt. No way to compare price or quality until the product is received. Gilt started out offering high quality designer labels at great prices and has morphed into a big box online store hawking its own goods under another name. Stay away.

12/6/13

Buyer beware. Read the fine print carefully before making any purchase (perhaps, have your attorney look over it). They are scam artists.

12/2/13

Buyer Beware...
Gilt has repeatedly sent switched product styles (completely different designs) when I have ordered from them. They have sent the same product type (category) and designer, but a completely different item.
They do NOT consistently find it necessary to correct this type of error by replacing the incorrect item with what the consumer has actually ordered. They also have proven that they don't find it a necessity to refund the cost of an item that was never ordered by the purchaser (and that the purchaser was never legally responsible for). They also do not find it necessary to refund the shipping fees for the item that was never ordered by the consumer.

They do claim as an explanation that there have been warehouse errors, but do not consistently act with accountability to take possible corrective action.
Bottom line is that this seems to appear to be a corporate policy to change the items when there seems to be no more inventory for correct fulfillment. In the end, this action seems to appear to equate with a known intention to defraud consumers via illegal bait and switch tactics.
Numerous Gilt customers have complained across social media about aspects of this bait and switch problem, so the matter is very known to the company, yet the practice has continued for a great length of time.
While it is possible to make a warehouse error occasionally, to have it be more rampant without consistent corrective action, sends up serious red flags about the company's true intent.

12/2/13

I bought a bag for 2, 5000 it arrived heavily creased. the site says that if the item is damaged it can b e returned. their idea of damage is rip or scratch not severe creases in the leather which may have deen done in transit or it may have been the way they stored the item. if you spend thsat much money you want to arrive in brand new condition

12/1/13

Will never shop there again! I have spent over 10K with Gilt. Every time i've had a return, I've had to contact customer support since they claim to "not have received the return" even though tracking information shows it has clearly been received back at Gilt. Each time I was given a credit with an apology and the explanation that this was not normal.

The last time I had a return I noticed that there was no tracking info on the labels nor was the map shown on their site with any tracking. Here is the entire conversation with Gilt. They are dishonest and will say they haven't receive your returns and make YOU prove that you sent the products back, even though they don't provide you the tracking details. Read and decide for yourself...

Thank you for choosing Gilt Groupe. A representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Vivienne'
Vivienne: Welcome to Gilt! How can I help you today?
you: I have two returns that were sent back over two weeks ago that have not yet been credited back
you: Return #1034771602
Vivienne: OK I can check that for you.
you: Return #1034624971
Vivienne: Can you confirm your full name please?
you: dilbert b.
Vivienne: Thanks, one moment!
Vivienne: After checking I can't see any tracking on these returns, did you use the return labels provided?
you: yes
you: i used them and dropped them off the same day at the post office
you: why is visible tracking no longer provided to the consumers of gilt?
Vivienne: Did you get a receipt from the post office?
you: no, i've never needed one. i ship packages there all the time
you: including ones from gilt but i always seem to have to contact customer support
you: i used to be able to see that the packages had arrived but now all visible tracking has been removed so the consumer can no longer see it. seems a bit odd....
Vivienne: Ok one moment I'll see what we can do about this for you.
you: why can the consumer no longer see tracking info?
Vivienne: You should be able to see it, the tracking info is available to our members, there just seems to be an issue with these returns.
Vivienne: Sorry about the delay, still looking into this!
you: ok
Vivienne: It's just from looking at the returns we have no record of them being checked into the post office. Do you think there is any way you could get receipts from the post office?
you: no, not at this point. why is it that i have to contact customer support at gilt to get credits back?
you: i don't have issues with rue la la or amazon
you: this is not an isolated issue. i used to be able to track returns that showed they had arrived but gilt would not credit back until i contacted them.
Vivienne: There shouldn't be an issue with these returns. our members don't have to contact us usually to get credits back but the issue here is that we can't see the packages as being checked in to the post office. We would need to be able to see proof of the package being checked in to provide the credit
you: with the latest labels, there is no visible tracking info nor does it pull up on your site.
you: it is a very shady business practice
you: i spend a lot of money online and i have not had issues ANYWHERE else
you: look through my return history and tell me why i've had to contact gilt to get my credits back?
you: where on the labels that were printed is the tracking info?
Vivienne: I'm not sure why you have had to contact us as it is not a known issue that we have. You can locate the tracking info on your Gilt account under the actual return itself.
you: it's not listed....
Vivienne: Today as an exception we can refund you for these as there is no tracking but going forward we can't provide credits on returns that haven't been checked in
you: right.... shady!
you: please credit me...
Vivienne: You have been credited now, the credits will be available to use immediately
you: i will be sure to share my experience with other consumers. I right a technology blog
you: write
Vivienne: I'm sorry you have been disappointed with your experience. I have credited you now.
Vivienne: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: yes be more transparent and don't treat your consumers like an ATM. provide a little transparency and you would be amazed what it will do for your shady business
you: to ensure nothing is lost in translation this entire conversation will appear in my blog
Vivienne: I will pass on your feedback to the relevant department regarding tracking on returns.
Vivienne: That's no problem, all conversations here are saved and you can request a transcript of the conversation.
you: and the phantom tracking???
you: where is it?
you: SHADY!
Vivienne: You can't see the tracking now as I have refunded you so our system shows the return as being returned to our warehouse. When you have an open return you can see the tracking infor. under "View details" on the return and it will be under the "Return Timeline" section.
you: HAHA
you: what a lying sack... i already have screen shots taken
you: before....
you: keep digging
you: you can refund my credit card or it will all go online
you: it does not get ANY more dishonest than this
Vivienne: As previously mentioned in the conversation multiple times there seemed to be an issue with your two returns and there was no tracking showing in the first place. This was an isolated incident and is not an issue that occurs with every member. the screen shots taken are screen shots of an open return with no tracking. This is not something that happens to every member.
Vivienne: Unfortunately I cannot refund you to your credit card as applying the credits without proof of the returns being checked in wa an exception anyway. If you wish to show your dissatisfaction with the service on the Internet that is your choice. We are sorry that you are dissatisfied.
you: you've contradicted yourself multiple times regarding the tracking info. it is clear this is complete dishonesty and deceit. Congratulations on raping society!

11/29/13

I entered my order and then immediately realized I forgot to enter my discount code. I emailed literally minutes after placing the order and they refuse to honor the discount, contending that they are unable to do so. Really? Unable? There's no possible means of correcting my order? Absolute and total BS. I have had this happen with other sites, including HauteLook (which is owned by Nordstrom, and that probably explains why its customer service is great and NOTHING like crappy Gilt) and they ALWAYS give me the discount. Will NEVER use this site again!

11/26/13

I have ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my toddler and both were a whole size too small. According to the website the shoes are based on European sizes but that is far from the truth. I requested a refund and they told me that I would not be refunded my shipping and I would be charged a restocking fee. That defeats the purpose of getting a deal. I am 100% done with Gilt. They should get some customer service tips from Zappos.

11/24/13

Do not ever buy toys from this site. The retail prices they quote are way above what they ever are listed on the box or packaging. A quick search on amazon, target or walmart reveals that even the gilt price is 10 to 25% higher than the regular prices at those other stores, and those site often offer free shipping with no return fees.

11/21/13

Gilt is what it tells you it is. Upscale goods, good prices for what you're getting. STELLAR customer service. I will only deal with this company and Vente-Privee.com for high-cost AUTHENTIC designer goods. I have authenticated many of the items I've purchased from them. They're always the real thing. For this reason, I trust them. They pack the things in a way that makes you feel that they care about the quality of what they sell, and you feel like you're getting a present from yourself when you open one. Their cardboard boxes look & feel glamourous.
I also love GiltCity. Hit that tab first if offered in your city. You'll be glad you did.

11/21/13

I sent the following comment to GILT and am awating a response: I have an issue with the return policy on reduced items. Regardless of whether the item is at its lowest price, the consumer still has no way to determine whether or not it is going to fit. It would be a favorable policy for GILT if they offered a return on all items. I

11/21/13

The site set up, policies, customer service AND delivery are all below par. International shoppers BEWARE. The site is not friendly in terms of payment convenience and accuracy. The deals may seem good and exclusive, but I just lost a lot of money only to be told that I am the exception to the rule. If that's so, buy at your own risk.

11/20/13

I bought few time from Gilt they are good and price is OK but they get you when it comes to return they charge all kind of fees, it’s said on the item page returnable but they only give you a credit, and if you want it back to your credit card that more fees... I also had some credit for referring a friend this credit is only good for 20 days and supposedly they sent me an email that it’s going to be expire, NEVER received anything too much SCAM..

11/15/13

A bunch of FRAUDS! Just repeating what others have said. HORRIBLE website and customer service. Avoid by all means.

They sent me a WRONG item. When raised the issue, was told that I can only receive a credit and not a refund (for their mistake)!!! After a few back and forth with their customer service, I had to call and get a supervisor. Was told to return the item and a month after I returned the item, I still have not received their refund yet. Upon checking their website, I noticed that my return has been expired!!!

A bunch of loosers who don't understand that this is the era of Amazon and other online retailers with decent customer service.

11/4/13

SCAM. Total Ripoff. Still fighting dispute 3 months later. Customer service is horrible. Buyer beware.

11/2/13

Ordered a cashmere sweater. They charged my card, no tracking number, no sweater. They claim it is a Borderfree. I am in Canada and Neiman Marcus, Saks an Nordstroms all use it without problems. Online chat yielded no results. No one at the Irish cl center ever flows up or calls or writes back. I called the New York "head office" was not lowed to speak to an executive. Got put into a nameless voicema, allegey customer service manager, no call back. I am having the charge taken off my Visa, writing this post and I will see if I can press Internet fraud charges. With all these negative reviews I will also try to get their Visa privileges withdrawn. I urge all of you to join me.

11/1/13

SCAM run by 3 young Irish people (most likely siblings or very close friends based on their dialects) - I initially ordered one time at a time which I never paid over $150 for, and was satisfied for a few months. After my purchases became consistent, both in my ordering and their delivered the requested product, I increased the price per object to around $200. Today had a product delivered to me that they hoped I would like, rather than the sold out ones I had ordered (wrong brand, wrong color, wrong style).

NO COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND for "ERRORS" was given after speaking to "Susan", "Allison" and "Neill", and they made it seem like a big grand gesture that they would arrange for UPS to pick it up immediately and comp the shipping on my next order.....That only benefits them, so they can sell them sooner!!

11/1/13

I will never shop there again, because i feel like they fraud me. I ordered a flatware set from wmf, which is a GERMAN company with outstanding quality products and i received a flatware set from a company "wmf vietnam"....great! The wmf vietnam product has a poor quality and they did not mark the product as such on their website.but here is the thing: i can not even return the product!! I am so dissapointed, but maybe it is also my own fault, because REAL wmf products do not sell for such a low price. Anyway, this was my first and last shopping experience with gilt.

10/29/13

I will never again make a purchase on gilt again. They advertise that if an existing member invites you to the website and you will get $25 deducted from you first purchase. I typed in all my credit card info for my first purchase and before submit the $25 off was applied, but after I clicked submit the OFFER WAS GONE. On the confirmation email it also showed that I was paying the full price. What is this? Deceiving consumers? False marketing ads?

10/28/13

New EXTREMELY STRICT Return Policy

BEWARE!!! I have spent over $5,000 with Gilt in the past year because the company has always had good products, good prices, and great customer service. NO LONGER. The company has recently changed its return policy so that there are absolutely no exceptions for returns . . . even if the item runs too small or too large, or has an incomplete or inaccurate description. No exceptions, which is an inherently bad policy for an online merchant where customers are unable to try items on beforehand.

10/22/13

I want to give 0 rating but I can't, one is the minimum I can give. This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had. When I purchased the $700 suit for my husband. I called them and asked for their return policy since I am buying in Canada. They said that I can get full credit back if I am not happy about it. I made the purchase only to find out it will take a month or more for it to get shipped, I called immediately the next day when I found out to see if I can pay extra for faster shipping since my hudsband's interview is one month later but no, they only do one shipping for all orders. After I received the item, my hudsband and I got surprised by the poor quality and cutting of the suit. My hudsband insisted that I should call back for credits and I called, it's ok you don't want to give me the credits since you said that the suit is over 200 and you don't do credits for over 200 dollars international items, but you don't have to be so mean. I don't understand how come both times the customer services were this rude and mean while the price is so high compared to the quality of the product. I miss myhabit, beyond the rack, their customer service are so nice and I never have any issue with the products. I wont shop at gilt ever again since their people really disgust me. Just because you have mean staff with bad attitude doesn't make you high end.

10/17/13

I am very disappointed with Gilt. They used to have decent prices, but now I notice that their prices are often higher than Amazon for the same item. However, the worst part is their shipping. It takes FOREVER (up to and beyond a month) to receive most merchandise from Gilt, and yet they charge you top dollar for shipping. I won't buy anything at this site again.

About Gilt
Specialties & Business Description
Gilt is a flash sales site that sells designer clothing, handbags, shoes, home furnishings, and vacation packages.