US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 187 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 38 reviews)

erikah2

I have never had a problem with a return, but then, I don't have a problem with receiving store credit from this site. (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cyrusa8
5/26/16

After initially providing some pushback, Gilt took care of it and refunded the amount. Excellent service.

christinal57
5/26/16

Such a quick response as well as resolution to the issue. Very good experience.

samia30
5/25/16

Shopping on Gilt.com used to be a wonderful experience, both in terms of pricing and customer service. However, over the last one year, its has become from bad to worse. I experienced this atleast twice where they refused to resolve the complaint inspite of admitting their fault as per their 'policy' or 'techinical reasons':
1. I had an international shipment and they charged me in local currency instead of USD although i selected USD as the payment currency in the order screen. This would not be an issue, if they hadnt charged me 8% EXTRA without any reason any REFUSED to refund as the order had been 'placed'.
2. Recently, i placed another international shipping order for 7 items. Because of custom rules, one item could not be shipped internationally (which was NOT menioned jn item description). Weirdly enough, Gilt cancelled the ENTIRE order without ever asking me for a US addres which i could have easily provided, or cancel the ONE item which could not be shipped internationally. Worse, when i wanted to place the order again without the restricted item, 3 of my 7 purchases were UNAVAILABLE ...!!

Ofcourse, their customer service was totally u helpful which resulted me in writing this review.

mc499
5/21/16

What happened to Gilt's customer service? Wish I'd read some of the recent reviews before purchasing a vintage Chanel handbag. The item was listed as non-refundable but I received something that was misrepresented on their website. Critical details about the handbag's strap were omitted and the description provided was misleading to say the least. A Chanel store rep confirmed that the chain was not common and should not be described as a "classic Chanel chain shoulder strap". The unusual nature of the strap was not detailed anywhere and it was not obvious in the pictures.

I attempted to resolve this both over the phone and over email. Every interaction was punctuated by a common attitude: they simply DID NOT CARE. In addition to completely ignoring the details of my complaint (it's like they never actually read the emails), there was a plain lack of interest in accountability - an absolute refusal to acknowledge that they do make mistakes every once in a while and when they do, the ethical thing to do would be to try and rectify it somehow. They couldn't even explain why they couldn't/wouldn't take the item back and simply parroted the fact that it was listed as non-refundable. The manager I spoke with was a one-line automaton, "sorry you feel that way" or absolute silence to my questions. They didn't even offer store credit. This attitude is incomprehensible and disappointing doesn't even begin to cover it.

I have become weary of Gilt's credibility and their borderline unethical attitude. I will take my luxury goods shopping elsewhere until they figure out what kind of merchant they'd like to be.

julien244
5/15/16

I just bought a Rolex off of Gilt, and wow am I fumed. Waited about 2 weeks for the item, which isn't that bad considering it said it would take about a month to ship. Anywho, before purchasing the item (since it's NON-REFUNDABLE/RETURNABLE), I called in and spoke to a SUPERVISOR named Laura regarding the authenticity and ORIGINAL paperwork for the Rolex and Laura "reassured" me by stating that it does come with ORIGINAL ROLEX paperwork, like all vintage Rolex's do, and they guaranteed the authenticity of the item. Seeing that they had a lot of good reviews, I decided to make the purchase. When the item itself got sent home to me, I was obviously ecstatic.. Opened it and took a look at the watch.. The packaging was absurd! I mean, it just looked cheap! The watch itself was not wrapped and it wasn't even working. I took a look at the "original paperwork" and if obviously ISN'T the ORIGINAL ROLEX PAPERWORK. I was lied to! I called in once again regarding this issue and the supervisor, Andrea, was SO RUDE to me. I told her the dilemma (the way the item was packaged, what was promised/reassured, and what was received). She stated that she would look for the original phone call to see if I even called in regarding the item, and would call me back within the hour. I waited a whole day! She then called me back that night, and said she could not locate the original call, and that I made the mistake and just wanted a refund on the item. Andrea said that whoever I spoke to regarding the authenticity and original paperwork did not exist! So Andrea basically said I was a liar!! I spent $7000 on a Rolex, why would I lie? They did send me an authenticity approval from a "gemologist lab", but when I brought the watch and the paperwork into an authorized dealer that same day I received it, they told me that yes, the watch itself is authentic and original, but I would need to do maintenance on the watch itself to get it working again. They also stated that the paper of authenticity was pointless because it did not state much of anything about the watch because the retail price was obviously off. It was priced for way more then it is even worth, and they also stated that without the original box and paperwork this watch would only worth approximately $3000. Gilt, you need to provide better customer service since you have just LOST a loyal customer. I would rather do business with haute look then you. Gilt overprices everything, and they obviously care about their profits versus their customers. Potential customers and buyers beware. Gilt is an overpriced scam.

juliem131
5/13/16

ORDERED GOOD IN FEBRUARY AND I'M STILL WAITING. NO RETURN EMAILS, NO RETURN CALLS - NOTHING.
THEY DON'T DESERVE THE 1 STAR

hetalp2
5/12/16

Find the best deals on here!

kayw23
5/10/16

I ordered two decorative pillows in early April. Still waiting for them, and the expected arrival is one month after the order date. There are no real tracking numbers once the order is supposedly shipped. They provide a tracking number and say it is a USPS shipment, but the number provided is actually a number from the undisclosed third party supplier. So there is no way to track when a package delivery may come.
They make the prices look good, but in actuality, if you do some research the pricing is the same on most items that you can find elsewhere as a normal daily price, such as Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond.
Almost everything is a final sale item, so buyer be ware. I told them I no longer needed the pillows I ordered and they basically said too bad, they already shipped and someday within the next two weeks you will have them. They said a two week delivery window estimate is the best they can do.

jenniferh179
5/7/16

I ordered 4 outdoor chaise lounges and was given a date range during which time they would be delivered. I called and requested delivery information towards the end of that period (over 2 weeks) and there were tracking numbers with no activity. I attempted to find out the reason for the delay and I was told that it would take 2-5 days to get an answer from the manufacturer. They sell products from companies they do not even have the ability to pick up the phone and call apparently. I requested a cancellation plus refund and I was told that also would take 3-5 days. There is a hold on my credit card even though they haven't shipped the items. Totally deceptive and pointless. I could have ordered the same chaise lounges or similar and they would have arrived by now but after dealing with the customer service realized it would be too much difficulty trying to get truthful, accurate answers in any reasonable amount of time.

davew95
5/7/16

I ordered 3pair jeans on March 25. Months later and 2 phone calls to them they ship one pair. They tell me the rest are out of stock. So the prices are low but that doesn't mean you will ever get what you order. It's not a reliable website. They don't stock anything just pass orders along to others. Maybe you get what you order maybe you don't.

monicao11
5/5/16

I purchased a Rebecca Minkoff wallet for $45. On Gilt it said was originally $85, but when I got the wallet, the actual RM wallet tag said $39. Now, it's not a huge price difference, and I don't mind paying $45, but what I DO mind is the dishonest claim that the wallet originally cost $85. People shop at Gilt thinking they are getting a deal, but in reality Gilt often claims that the original prices of items are much higher than they actually are--just to make people think they're getting a deal. In reality, Gilt marks many items higher than they were originally priced. It's pretty shady. And given how high their shipping costs are, it makes more sense to shop at sales at places like Nordstrom.com or Shopbop.com, where you get the best prices and free shipping.

kathleenp22
5/1/16

can not believe that they actually send things "snail mail" Parcel Post..."are checking into other shipping options" as per a very nice "pop up chat rep". Seriously, what year is this and they still can't figure out good business and open shipping accounts with other vendors other than "snail mail"....be sure to check your tracking and then add 5 days. So disappointed that I unsubscribed and emptied my cart. Go elsewhere.

suzannel17
4/30/16

We received three baby outfits which did not fit, and were wrong season, and could not return them because we were not the buyer/account holder. Order totaled well over $100 which are worthless to us.

davidd222
4/27/16

I've ordered a lot of clothes and though I didn't like everything I received, Gilt has stayed true to its word and honored their return policy. They kindly waived the restocking fee for my entire return of 7 items because one of the items I returned was not the same item I ordered. They know if they are at fault, they should not charge a return fee. They even refunded the shipping for my initial order (the rest of my orders had free shipping since they give you a 30 day free shipping trial.)

The refund did take a few weeks to arrive, and I actually had to email customer service about the delay. They promptly got back to me and issued the refund right away, which was impressive.

I would definitely buy more from this company in the future if they consistently offer free shipping and if they did not charge a restocking fee. The restocking fee is a bummer because sometimes clothes fits very awkwardly and it's impossible to tell until you try it on. For now I will stick with Bloomingdales since they do free shipping and returns.

tashulag
4/18/16

Gilt's customer service is always impeccable - anytime I reach out regarding an issue, I receive a quick response and even quicker solution. I appreciate this type of service which is why I'm a Gilt faithful! Thank you!!!!

robync11
4/11/16

I wrote to Gilt regarding and non-returnable item that was not made from the material listed on the site. The agent quickly responded, within the hour and refunded me. I appreciated the timely response and accommodating service. All in all is was very seamless return.

R

traceyf13
3/28/16

There was a problem with my bed that I ordered through Gilt. Parts were missing and the Gilt reps followed up on my requests for getting it fixed promptly. I got the parts I needed and some reimbursement amount for my trouble. I appreciate how dedicated they are to their customers. Gilt is my favorite online place to shop and for good reason. They have high quality goods and diverse brands to choose from.

maxineb8
3/25/16

I started shopping from gilt in 2014. I found a lot of things I loved and ever had a problem with anything I ordered.
I bought everything from professional blow dryers to great clothes. I do spend more Money when I shop on line and find myself doing impulse buying so I try to love what I do purchase.

liannad
3/18/16

I purchased a winter coat from gilt in beginning of february, it FINALLY came about a month later but somehow, when I purchased a WINTER JACKET, they sent me a summer dress. I called to explain the situation, where at first they told me to take a picture and send it to the service department so they can sort the issue out, which they then told me that the item is no longer in stock and not available to reorder. the customer service was absolutely awful, the supervisor was a complete b*tch and could not care less about my order. I used to love this site but I will NEVER order from them again.

es986
3/15/16

For years I rarely shopped elsewhere--loved the merchandise, the service and Noir benefits. Then in Feb. noticed new $9.50 restocking fee on each returned item. Really?? NEVER seen anything like that--runs completely counter to all I loved about Gilt--good quality, good discounts, easy returns. I emailed about the fee, which btw had been stealthily slipped into the policies, and was told twice that was the policy and nothing would be done. Haven't shopped there since and never will--if you're shopping online returns must be simple and free--can't believe they don't understand this. Too bad, used to be a great company.

lukel22
3/11/16

forget trying to return anything... even if the expected delivery date is 3 months out.... i hope they go bankrupt. corrupt POS. I've ordered from there in the past. NEVER again deleted the app

helenal2
3/10/16

I received an email stating 40% off for 3 hours!!!WOW!!!...
Guess what? It should have read, UP TO 40% off of ONE transaction for a MAX of $30 savings. BUT those CRITICAL details were put in barely ledgible fine print that, if you could see it, you would still need to click terms and conditions to get all the info.
I purchased 3 massages from various locations and 2 restaurant vouchers because at 40% off, what a great deal. When I was purchasing the items, I entered the code and it said that the code had been applied- so I assumed that it was being applied on the back end and I would see the savings in the confirmation email- NOPE!
I was supposed to understand that it meant it had already BEEN applied to one item and that it was no longer valid (a message of "Invalid" would have been more appropriate). With all this said, I assumed when I brought this issue to them via emails and phone call, they would see the deceptive and confusing nature of this offer...The response I received was that I should not have even received the promotion in the first place??? (which honestly makes two of us) and the best they would do was take $30 off...I spent over $500 that I would NOT have spent (being a new mother of twins) had it been made clear at ANY point during the transaction!!!! Nothing like paying $155 for a 50 minute massage!!!!! After being told by several annoyed representatives in Ireland that I was out of luck, (and I was not yelling or nasty- just trying hard to explain the situation) I felt I had to warn other customers - BEWARE of Gilts offers!!!! They have hidden terms and conditions which make the promos average at best & undesirable/damaging.
I am done with GILT after years of ordering from them - They have lost my trust and I will be sure to mention to all my fiends who shop Gilt too =( Shame to lose customers to so many other sites that offer the similar services i.e., Ru, Ideeli, Hautelook, Groupon, to name just a few competitors.

franc1707
3/6/16

The problem I had was quite minor and I really didn't expect anything to come of reporting it as I was still quite pleased with my purchase. I just wanted them to know so maybe they could correct it for the future. First, I was really surprised at how quickly Gilt responded to my email, and how understanding they were of the problem. The customer service rep was great, and solved my issue in such a short amount of time, something that I did not expect. I would never hesitate to purchase from Gilt in the future.

andreww121
3/6/16

I recently purchased a Verlaine "Bernard" marble topped brushed nickel finished coffee table from Gilt.com. After unpacking, I noticed the quality of the metal finish was not completely smooth and there were areas around the weld joints of the table which still had the burn marks from the weld area not brushed out. The metal is not finished in any way. My guess whoever actually produces the table base, its fabricated, welded together and then the metal is given a quick brushing. the surface is uneven in its patina and finish. The layout of the metal pattern is not done very well, some uneven gaps overall. This looks like an amateur made the base. The marble top which came with it is very poor. The top is 24" wide and its actually made from two pieces ( of scrap marble?) seamed together. The cut line is evident on the underside of the material. The marble edge is also piece-mealed together ( leftover scraps used ?) and the joint around the edge where the two come together is raggedly filled with some type of hardened compound. The finish of the marble has some pitted areas, one small patch not smoothed out and overall very dull. It has the look of a piece of weathered marble you'd find on something 50 years old from a consignment shop; just not a new looking finish. The item was listed as a final sale with no returns. My big issue is the poor quality of the table, lack of ability to actually rate products on their site ( wonder why? ) and generic description on the site. This table was made in India as indicated by the tags on the bottom of the base and marble top. Shipping via XPO delivery final mile. Table actually arrived 1.5 weeks prior to estimated delivery date and sat in their warehouse. Deliverymen mentioned this as well when they delivered to the house.

Tip for consumers: Do your homework, price compare with other like products. If its says no returns - skip it; you'll never know how accurate the photos are to the real product when it arrives

christiner35
2/29/16

I have been a gilt customer for years spending way more than I should. They are great until you need to return an item. Recently ordered expensive ruby and turquoise earrings. Nothing in the description indicated that the rubies were slices. Big surprise when they came in the mail. This is illegal! But even worse it renders the earrings worthless. Next stop for me is my lawyer. Why would a company jeopardize their relationship with a good customer. Makes no sense

Gilt ultimately took back the earrings. I thought I was receiving a refund...but of course it was for store credit.

ryanp51
2/28/16

I LOVED gilt. Bought everything on there for 4+ years. Sometimes clothing didn't fit or an item wasn't what I expected and customer service was always top notch. Enter Saks Off 5th and now it's hautelook with a more intuitive interface. Hautelook sucks if your not aware of it - Nordstrom purchased it when it gained popularity and it sucked ever since.

With the entry of Saks, Gilt now charges sales tax in the state that I live in. I am rating it a 2 because I still like using their interface to shop but with tax plus shipping....I just google the item I want and can usually find it priced slightly higher or at the same price but without tax or shipping charges. I am sure that gilt will now take the same path as Nordstrom's hautelook and reduce their quality in products and service while they increase their margins.

I cancelled my most recent furniture order and returned a shirt that was in the process of shipping. Never again.

Boo! Who's with me?

loris165
2/20/16

I purchased a shirt that was on sale for $100 that looked so cute in the picture but ended up being totally cheap quality thin jersey material with raw edges. I paid $9.95 for shipping and was supposed to get free shipping for 30 days (for the next 20 days??????). I'm not sure who's making up these rules. Now they have the audacity to charge a restocking fee of $9.95 to return an item and had the nerve to tell me that I elected to receive free shipping for 30 days for the next 20 days??!!! I won't be shopping with Gilt again ever! I've gotten my last cheap, defective item from them! I'll stick with MyHabit!

minc2
2/20/16

Bought two pairs of jeans which were significantly tighter than what I had been expecting based on their photos of the jeans. Decided to return the two jeans a few days after I had ordered them. Gilt refused to waive my $19.00 restocking fee for the jeans despite both jeans being brand new and still with their tags. Moreover, the jeans were improperly portrayed on their website.

Gilt has terrible customer service and all they care about is their bottom line. Gilt has no interest in customer satisfaction. Would you like to spend your hard earned money with a company like that??

bethc42
2/19/16

this by far my favorite upscale online stores! there products are reasonable and definelty not made in china

mj133
2/17/16

While the selection is attractive , buyer beware

I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of light fixtures and home decor from them

Within a few months I have had problems with half of them .

Arrived damaged . Poor packaging of one of the fixtures
Costumer service refused to take it back or handle to manufacturer
Other light fixtures bulbs went out within days
Nearly impossible to replace
Carpet matted within a few months
Costomer service is useless and refers to the manual rather than ethics and common sense and decency

Why bother with the Costomer service department at all if the intention is to refuse every email they recieve ?

Move on to other sites . This one is on its way out

kristinb31
2/17/16

I have learned to research prices before buying from gilt. I have found they misrepresent retail prices. For example, today they are selling the cuisonart handmixer at the "sale" price of $50, and indicate the retail was $90. The same hand mixer is $50 retail on the cuisinart website. This is common in my experience. I have called customer service to ask about this fact in the past and got nowhere. They are dishonest, and I will be deleting the app off of my phone. They should be ashamed of themselves for deceiving consumers.

robertd183
2/15/16

Purchased a pair of dress shoes that the leather peeled after being worn two times. I do not wear these very often so I didn't realize the defect in their time period. The customer service was terrible and did nothing to remedy the situation of defective shoes. I will not be purchasing from them again. I understand that there can be issues with products from time to time but there is no excuse for poor customer service and the customer baring the cost in these situations.

rachelp42
2/14/16

Returns for credit minus shipping only. Forces you to spend more on Gilt. If it's returnable then it should be returnable for more than store credit

danae23
2/10/16

Unless you want to lose money, don't ever shop at Gilt! They false advertise, sell items well over their retail price and don't resolve customer issues. This company is a joke.

They advertised a Balenciaga handbag as $999 on sale from $1325. It turns out that the bag's retail price is $785. I submitted proof (Balenciaga online sent me an email stating this bag is $785) along with pictures, dimensions, and links from other retailers. Gilt's response has been "we cannot match that sale price".
My sister wants to purchase a necklace from them and I told her not to buy anything from Gilt! It is now my mission to tell everyone about this horrible company who should not spend one more day in business.

ismaelm7
2/6/16

I placed my order without checking the reviews, and I was a little worry, to the point that I called customer service to track my order. Long story short... My lumber up boots arrived on Wednesday when they said Friday the latest and they are in perfect conditions, thank you GILT!!!!

peiw1
2/5/16

My non-returnable items was received with flaws. I sent the photo to customer services with quick & efficient response. and get the $30 account credit to my account. Tks.

innag1
2/2/16

I ordered a Cole Haan coat and it arrived damaged. There was a 10cm long scratch on the upper front part of the coat next to the collar.

I knew it was nonreturnable. I read their International return policy when proceeding with the order and it said that "In order to provide you with quality designer pieces))) LOL... we're unable to accept returns on some items. Don't worry, though! ...If your item is defective or has an issue, then our Customer Service team will gladly assist you."

I can assume they were glad to receive my claim and the pictures I've sent them, but they repeatedly did not admit that the coat was damaged and refused to offer any solution or compensation exploiting the fact that the item is non-returnable and I am not in the US.

Cynical deception!

-----------------------------02/02/16-------------------------
OK. It's resolved now. I'm sending the coat back today.
After a bit of correspondence caused by this review Gilt has offered return and refund. Even a refund and not a credit - thanks to the recent change in their return policy.

apples2
1/31/16

I referred a friend to Gilt city and in doing so, you get a $20 voucher if your refferal makes their first purchase. I wanted to purchase a Spa package on Gilt but when I was checking out their was no credit for $20. I contacted Gilt City about not being able to redeem my referral credit of $20 but they said I said it should apply but when I get check out and ready to pay it didn't show up. I believe this is a scam on Gilt's part. Their customer service is horrible, unethical dealing with problems, and liars. Consumers beware of their referral as they do not grant it as they say. I will never buy at Gilt City again. BUYERS BEWARE!

kellyb123
1/28/16

Gilt has a smaller selection than that of other flash sale sites, but the sales are truly wonderful. Gilt city is a favorite, and the items are all great at amazing deals. They do not have a ton of items, because they select the best items only.

jennifers208
1/24/16

I purchased a bed and two dressers on Oct. 5th. The manufacturer alerted Gilt that the bed was on backorder but they didn't tell me until a week after I purchased the unreturnable items. The dressers were not on backorder but they lied to me and said they were to avoid extra shipping costs. I caught them in a bold faced lie so they finally gave in and shipped the dressers last month. The bed, now 4 months later is still not here. Their shipping company lost the bed and Gilt has wiped their hands of it. They won't give me a refund and I spent well over $3000. I changed my entire room to match these items and now I have half of a set I can't get my money back. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and they LIED again and said they spoke to the shipping company and they will schedule a delivery. The shipping company said they just spoke to Gilt today and that they still haven't found the package and therefore cannot schedule a delivery. And to boot, the item number now says it's half king bed parts and half queen parts. Gilt said they don't know if that's really true or not and can't do anything about it. I'm still sleeping on the floor and Gilt has done nothing to help. They have the worst customer service ever and most of the time it takes 45 minutes or more to get a live person. SAVE YOURSELVES AND NEVER USE THEIR COMPANY. EVER. SO MANY OTHER GREAT SITES OUT THERE LIKE WAYFAIR for home goods.

kayf8
1/24/16

I had a $20 promotion in free items, I made a purchase of $12.00 then with added tax it came to approx. 7cents. It then gave me free shipping for one hr as advertised, so I added an additional item that should have still had been free but then charged shipping! I called and was told the free shipping for one hr was only on my NEXT purchase although it showed up on my first so I was then charged a total of $5.95 to my card! what a GIMMICK! I then removed the last item and I better have a credit on my charge card!! BEWARE

athenac2
1/22/16

They cancel my order for no reason and shut me out of my account. They gave me credit but also locked me out of my account. So stupid please don't waste your time with them.

stevenm128
1/19/16

My friend send me a $20 credit I made my order purchase Nan's no credit was given so I called customer service to cancel the next day they told me they could cancel the order what really never again first n last time I get something from them smh

lisas243
1/18/16

One time and item came that was completely misrepresented.
Another time an item came dirty.

nwankwon
1/17/16

They shipped my order according to their app order tracker. I never received the order and I called them twice to ask for some remedy of any sort, and they refused saying nothing could be done. They didn't and wouldn't refund my money, nor replace the item, or give store credit.

ashleyb116
1/10/16

I ordered 2 sets of cutlery on their site. The pictures looked beautiful and modern. The cutlery that arrived was in a similar modern style, but extraordinarily long and there was absolutely nothing mentioned in the description about the atypical length. The regular forks and spoons are longer than most of serving ware and the appetizer forks and dessert spoons are similar to most dinner utensils. These utensils are for giants! I sent Gilt a photo highlighting the discrepancy between the photo on their website and what arrived, asking them to allow me to return them, but they refused to offer any solutions. Do not order anything from Gilt! It may be nothing like the description!!!!! To add insult to injury, their so-called black friday flash sale price was actually significantly higher than what these cutlery go for anywhere else.

lynno5
1/9/16

I have been a huge shopper and fan of Gilt for years. However, something HUGE has changed in the company over the last one year in particular. The number of items I have purchased for this 2015 holiday season from Gilt? ZERO. The prices have skyrocketed and the choice of new, quality items, DISAPPEARED for all of 2015! I'm shutting down their app. Today. The must have sold out or are out sourcing services to other countries- it's a dreadful experience. I hear the same from all friends I referred to the site- we are all shopping locally for the good things at lower prices. Think Lord and Taylor......anywhere but GILT.

RIP my once go-to shopping site favorite.

denisseh
1/7/16

I have given gilt the opportunity to mend the issue with my purchase what happened after I contacted them speaks to so many issues.The description said it was a vintage bag In good condition. I relied primarely on the photos for my purchase. On the site, It looked great. Imagine my dissapontment when the bag arrived with extensive damage and with zero certificate of authenticity. I sent them photos immediately and asked for a refund. They replied saying that they were sorry I was disappointed but that this purchase was non refundable. I pointed out the fact that they either edited the photos to show no damage or used a completely different purse when listing the item because the bag I received was beyond abused. Again I got a long paragraph of apologies for how unhappy I was but this item was non-refundable.
So here are the lessons when purchasing from gilt- when they say "vintage" they truly mean a trashed, heavily stained, scratched old bag. When they say in "good condition" they mean it is simply still in one piece. And when they say "Hermes" they mean it has an H on the front but good luck knowing what you really bought because they provide absolutely no evidence of authenticity. Finally, when lthey provide you with 3-4 photos of this vintage Hermes bag in good condition the misrepresentation is equivalent to that of the phenomenon we all know well; of the selfie of a very heavy girl making a kissy face, pushing her cleavage together taking a photo from the highest angle her arm allows, uses the most drastic filter, crops her photo to only show her face and bust and calls herself cutirbabygirl6969...
You know what arrives in the mail when you buy a vintage Hermes bag in good condition for 3k from gilt? Cutiebabygirl6969 indeed but this time in all her curvy glory, zoomed out to show her standing in a bathroom full of dirty clothes and mildewed bath tub. No filters no kissy face, no makeup. And you know what gilt will say to you when you say that's not what you pay 3k for? "We are very sorry you are not happy but this vintage item is non refundable"

dianea26
1/3/16

Gilt sent the wrong size sweater and it is "nonreturnable." I spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to discuss this with customer service however, they never answered; and live chat is unavailable. There is also no email service. Too much work. Let's hope I can a refund to my credit card. This would only be fair.

rubeni1
12/31/15

This happened to me before since I order from them a lot. Last year they screw up, so this year I have placed the order in November, guess what, they screw up again, 1 out of 2 orders is still not shipped , another one was shipped too late and I haven't received it yet. It takes 25 minutes to get customer service representative who is doing nothing but apologizing. Don't buy from them if you can't wait 6 weeks for your order.

477 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Answer
gilts3
A: Hey Joyce,

Thanks for your question.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not yet heard anything regarding this order. May I ask if you could send us in your order number and I can certainly look into this further for you.

If you do not wish to message it to us here, you can always send this in via email to us at service@gilt.com and we can also get back to you this way.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Áine - Gilt Service
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3/19/16
Answer
gilts3
A: Hey Cher,

All our shipping timeframes differ from item to item, typically from ordering to the order to get to your door is 7-10 business days at maximum time and exactly 7 business days on average.

However there are times where items shipping timeframes can be longer, for example larger home items that ship directly from an outside vendor can sometimes take 2 weeks to a month or items on back order can take this long also. Some items may be on backorder as we are awaiting for the stock to arrive in our warehouse while the sale is ongoing online but they are shipped out as soon as is possible once they arrive to us.

For your convenience the estimated delivery timeframe is on the sale page of every item you view and confirmed once more at checkout in case you missed it the first time around!

We are always working to improve our shipping timeframes so I will ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant team for review to improve your shopping (and shipping) experience going forward.

If you have an order you are waiting on right now and would like to know more about the shipment please email us at service@gilt.com with the order number and we'll take it from there.

I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend.

Chat soon,