US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 121 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 34 reviews)

annouckl

If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

melissam51
2/26/15

I had a problem with some earrings I ordered. The customer service I received was beyond what I would have expected. Thanks, Gilt! Makes me definitely want to order from you again.

jacquiee
2/23/15

Recently purchased a fairly expensive pair of Prada shoes. They arrived with big scratches up one side of the shoe. Shoes were Royal Blue...very difficult to photograph.
GILT would not accept the return. I had to provide photographic evidence..."to their satisfaction" for them to accept them as a return.
The shoes did not photograph well. After several discussions with customer service and photographs they said they would not return the them!!
They sent them to me with the scratches but yet the ownness was on me to prove they were damaged!!?? HUH?

Tip for consumers: DO not purchase any item that says no returns.
It is buyer beware!!
will NEVER purchase under these circumstances again

julieh54
2/23/15

I received fast, friendly and effective customer service. Great experience. Unfortunately, you have to pay for return shipping, so rated 4.

jennifers121
2/22/15

Unbelievably quick response to a damaged shipment. solved the issue, and though there are not any of the item in stock now, the customer service rep Maureen placed them on my wish list in case more come into inventory!

roryj5
2/21/15

I visit Gilt frequently (daily ;) ) and order fairly often. I understand some items are returnable, and some final sale. My last purchase included items that were returnable but I did not read for "credit". Gilt was so kind to honor my wishes of having the items returned bad to my cc. I really appreciate the prompt response and kindness from the customer service. Definitely an encouraging factor to continue to shop on this site. I recently had a very different experience with another company and will remain loyal to Gilt for "accommodating" the customer. I can't thank you enough for your diligence and detection to your shoppers.

emilyd23
2/18/15

Fast and excellent

christinet16
2/18/15

Customer service is worse than bad!!!!!! No response worth anything other than a canned-response. No definite answer to questions.

Tip for consumers: don't bother. Unless you have unlimited time to waste for delivery!!

davidc191
2/16/15

Excellent. On two occasions, my question and requests were immediately handled. The responses were very clear and courteous. This improves significantly my desire to return to GILT in the future.

christ2685
2/14/15

Very responsive. Addressed the problem promptly. Totally satisfied.

nataliec6
2/13/15

A very quick response with the solution I needed to my problem! Excellent customer service

jy41
2/13/15

Excellent Service! I made a mistake and pressed "submit order": $5000 worth of furniture that i absolutely could not afford! When i called in to cancel my horrible mistake, Rachel did everything she could, cancelling each item herself, and made sure to send me cancellation confirmation email. I couldn't thank her enough!!

pamelad18
2/12/15

International customers beware! U must ship back each item SEPARATELY with tracking. Therefore, the shipping return is extremely expensive. it cost me 82.00 CANADIAN to parcel up and return 4 individual packages of the 6 items I ordered. GILT charged me 12.50 shipping for the order to arrive. I do a lot of online shopping and although I love Gilt's items and discounts it is not customer friendly outside of the US.

Tip for consumers: Ship to US ADDRESS IF POSSIBLE

annf14
2/12/15

Excellent, unfortunately, I needed to cancel order, due to the items arrival time.
Gilt provided me with a quick, professional response.

Will definetely use again and again!

raghavk1
2/8/15

I planned to gift my wife a stella mccarthy bag. By mistake, I ordered a clutch. It took me a bit to realize that. I called up the customer service and explained my mistake and requested them to swap the order with a bag.They were kind enough of doing it. I was very pleased. I spoke to Mary, who was very detail oriented and helped me right away. Thanks Mary!!

christianh38
2/7/15

This place is a rip off. I recently found a dress for my wife. It was $69 from originally $120 - great right? Wrong! Shopping and handling was $38! I emailed customer service with item and first response was that wasn't unreasonable for large or items that needed to be assembled. I restated that it was a dress that weighed 2 lbs and coming from US. They just said they will look into it and for ME to check back in a few days to see if price changed. A few days later I checked back on another dress and was $68.50 for S&H for a $40 dress. Look at done print - this place is Unethical and trying to con third buyers in buying low cost items but screwing them on S&H charges.

javierf5
2/7/15

The return process has been terrible

craigb40
2/7/15

I had purchased restaurant vouchers from Gilt City. Unfortunately the restaurant closed. I emailed customer service, and within minutes a polite email informed me my account had been credited for the purchase.
I did not expect such fast service! Thank you!

katief11
2/6/15

Martin helped me with my order and provided excellent service. Because my issue was resolved quickly and painlessly I would certainly use Gilt.com to shop again!

brettm25
2/6/15

Ordered 2 mens bracelets from King Baby on Gilt, after quite a wait for them to actually ship, I received a women's bracelet for another company Tory Burch. Said sorry but the bracelets you ordered are no longer in stock and we can wait list you for those once you return the bracelet you received in error. Said no I want my money back! Said they would send back money once return processed and don't use the label they sent with the purchase I need to wait for a new label to use. Offered me nothing for aggravation except free shipping on my next order! Keep the free shipping there won't be a next order

Tip for consumers: Don't

michels9
2/5/15

The gilt group costumer service is amazing, they always give the best for us. I think they deserve a big THANKS!

linh-con
2/3/15

I am so impressed with the Customer Service at Gilt. I recently bought a leather arm chair from them. The chair arrived with damage to the leather and even though it was a non-returnable, they refunded my money. The service department responded within 24 hours and refunded my account the same day. Gilt was professional, courteous and expedient. There were no hassles!

christineh31
1/31/15

My experience with GILT has been AWFUL. The first time I experienced an issue with them, should've been the last time I gave them my business. I ordered a Celine handbag from them, it was described as in "excellent condition" and I expected it to be since I paid $2650 for it. Once it arrived, it was not what I expected and the condition was subpar. I immediately contacted them and sent multiple pictures as it had damage in several areas. Their representatives said they wouldn't return it even though it was misrepresented.

Cut to a year and a half later, I decide to give them another chance. I found 2 pairs of shoes that I liked. I ordered them and since I had moved changed my current address. I was prompted to re input my CC info, so I did. I assumed everything was good to go. It had been over a week since the shipment shipped, I clicked on it to track the shipment and they were left at the door of my old address. I immediately contacted them and they basically told me it was my fault and that was the only address they had on file. And that I would have to contact the new tenant, I moved almost 400 miles away. To offer no help, is outrageous.

Their customer service is AWFUL!! DO NOT SHOP WITH GILT! Low quality

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

rafaell19

great customer support

horwitzl
1/31/15

I am a long term customer, and never had problems with my orders or items. They sell great brands for great prices, items arrive quickly, packed very well. Taking one star off because the shipping is a bit high for some items. I would order more often, especially kids clothes, if it didn't cost me $5 to ship a baby shirt or a pair of earrings. May be a longer free shipping period, 1 day instead of 1 hr? Other than that - love, love, love!

ramil5
1/31/15

Customer Service will go out of their way to ensure their customer's satisfaction. Best ever!

janah8
1/31/15

I received my Order #67191495 today and my new Kate Spade Sonia Purple Beau bag is absolutely stunning, but it has tons of scratches on it! :( I immediately contacted the Online Chat Customer Service and Jessica replied. She was so helpful and helped me to immediately purchase a new one. She also gave me directions to print the return shipping label to return the scratched handbag. She was so helpful and very pleasant.

bradleyc35
1/31/15

Overall I enjoy using Gilt. But I do have two points to raise.

1. I wish returns were processed much faster. In general and relative to other online stores/sites it is very slow.

2. The TrueFit feature is nice but not ubiquitously applied the website. It makes life very difficult for people like me (6'5).

gennadyr
1/31/15

Quick response by email, courteous

thomasc70

Gilt had a sale in November for Black Friday. I wanted to order a
coat but was unsure of their sizing. They said that I could return
the one that didn't fit. I ordered a 38 and a 40.
I am now told that since I ordered the 38 first and returned it, they
would not give me the sale price on the 40. I had presumed wrongly
that they wold give me the sale price on which ever coat I kept.
Will not be giving them any more of my business.

Tip for consumers: Their quality is ok but their service and use of UPS stinks.

arinan
1/30/15

Very disappointing customer service and return policy experience.
I bought my husband a Frederique Constant watch and it was malfunctioning upon receiving it. The needles stopped moving periodically - what use is a watch if it cant tell you the time?? The back plate also kept falling off... I brought it to a high end jeweler who told me the battery was empty (in the first few weeks???) and that the watch parts were dirty because the back hadn't been secured properly which was causing the dust to enter and the watch to not work properly.

Within 5 months it was useless and one of the time needles FELL OFF and was floating around on the face of the watch!!!!
Gilt wouldn't let me return it. I'm going to keep trying though.
I wont be purchasing another watch from this site.

stephanief18
1/30/15

I received two very defective products in one order and was disappointed. After working with customer service, I was quickly refunded my money and will continue to be a Gilt customer.

siman1

Good morning,

I ordered a pair of shoes, (size 8.5 which has been naturally my shoe size for ever) which looked very nice in the picture. When I received the shoes, they were one size bigger and too wide and they didn't have the look I expected. Well, there was not a return label in the box so I had to call and asked for one! Then I realized that you are not even going to give my money back and keep it hostage so I shop again! This is not acceptable. How do you want me to have a positive experience with Gilt? Or recommend your website to my children & friends who like me, do a lot of their shopping online?
order number : 66634051
I'll be looking forward to hearing for you,.
Sima Namei

fernandoc12
1/30/15

Great shopping experience, I contacted customer support to report a damaged merchandise , they contacted me within 24 hours and refund my money without questions or hesitations. I went back and purchased it again fortunately it was not sold out . Awesome service Gilt you guys rock

ck53
1/29/15

Dane Staunton the customer service specialist I spoke with was fantastic! Thank you for helping with my request!

jimmyp21

Great Service!!!

yashs1
1/29/15

Very quick, prompt service. Also very friendly. Good experience.

reneem18
1/29/15

Megan was wonderful. She assessed the problem and solved it immediately.

averyk13
1/29/15

Customer service from Megan was excellent. I was going to cancel an order and she changed my mind!

dmitryb1

Great Customer Service.

teresaf14
1/27/15

Great Team Work! Resolved my issue quickly.
Thank You. Will continue to shop with Gilt always!!

frankm75
1/27/15

Thanks to Rachel O'Donnell and Jessica Devinem, they really provide a lot of help!

caroll33

excellent

shuyiw

very helpful!

leaj2
1/26/15

I had to reach out twice to get the same problem resolved, that's why 4 stars. That being said, the second time they were much more clear in stating the solution than the first time I reached out. I feel better that the matter (a partial refund) will be resolved after this.

elizabethm69
1/26/15

Great customer service on Exchanges!

maggies14
1/26/15

She was very nice, and quickly processed my return.

peterl79
1/26/15

even i got a damaged merchandise on my first purchased experience with gilt, but i got a good customer service helped with Jessica, ill still shop with gilt in future.

raphaellep
1/26/15

my experience was very good. Jessica was very helpful.

rk44
1/26/15

I came in with an order issue, being charged more than I expected, in speaking to a representative, Jessica, she was able to show me I would be charged only what was agreed upon.

elleneym
1/25/15

Sophie was very courteous and professional and answered my inquiries in a timely manner!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone ordered furniture and how was your experience?
1/6/13
rachelr4
A: Who is scooping up all the expensive designer clothing within minutes of the start of a sale? 10 minutes after a Reem Acra sale started and only 2 items are available. I've gone to the site just a minute or 2 after the start of a sale and everything will be sold or reserved. What's the story here? Not that I can afford any of these dresses, just curious who is buying them all up so fast!
1/11/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Gilt