US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 100 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 33 reviews)

annouckl

If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elleneym
1/25/15

Sophie was very courteous and professional and answered my inquiries in a timely manner!

amitm6
1/25/15

lost package was invesitgated and 100% refund with no hassle whatsoever. Thank you GILT TEAM!

krisam
1/25/15

Totally efficient and pleasant service-the representative was able to reroute my shipment after all but more importantly, she contacted me to follow up , like she initially promised.

Thanks!!

janem50
1/25/15

Great experience with purchases and returns!!!

leah138
1/25/15

Jessica was friendly and courteous. I wish all service reps were like her! She saved me a lot of time trying to solve the 3 issues I had (on my end) that otherwise would have taken me at least an hour trying to figure it out on my own. Thank you!

heidis12
1/25/15

Very positive. I am so happy with the service i have been getting from Gilt. That is the big reason i will buy from gilt again. thanks again for taking care of my request.

jeannes3
1/25/15

Jessica was very helpful in helping with the completion of my order! Thank you Jessica!

carynk1
1/25/15

I love shopping with Guilt because of the unreal customer service they provide no matter what the cost of the purchase was. Shauna ODonoghue replied so fast to my issue. This is the reason I'm never afraid when I make a big purchase such as Lagos or Lauren Wolf, to designer ties or even just a scented diffuser. They stand by what ever they sell and will go above any other site to make you happy. This is the reason I feel secure in any purchase I make.
Shauna is a keeper and why I keep shopping with Guilt , no matter what you buy the site makes you feel valued which is rare in shopping online or in store.
I think I have been shopping for years here and plan to return every time I'm looking to purchase for myself or a gift.

alexs247

Solid customer service!

hyejinl
1/24/15

Great for your assistance.

pamelad17

Great customer service

jae-wonc
1/24/15

I got a problem but she helps me alot to solve it. It was great

chrisj67
1/24/15

Jessica helped resolve my problem quickly and made very happy one grandma, one mama and 2 sweet little people! All in a days work for her. :)

lisac86
1/24/15

Do not buy shoes/boots/sandals from them. I ordered 3 pairs all at once. None of them fit. It's look like kid shoes. One is very long and very narrow, one is short and narrow, other is just small. It's seem like a manufacture defected or just simple put on the wrong size labels. They refused to accept refund or return. Never again, buy local store like Nordstrom that have great services. Gilt is a scam.

Tip for consumers: Most of items I got from Gilt are not worth the price I paid for. It's looks cheap and not wearable. They did a good job with their pictures. None of them come out as in pictures. Don't waste your money.

jamisone2
1/24/15

It is disappointing to receive items broken, though Jessica was a great help and resolved the issue smoothly and promptly.

brentc21
1/24/15

Here we go again, mostly I have been pretty happy with GILT, I look everyday and find myself buying frequently. Then they just disappoint. In my case I purchased an ALLEGRI windbreaker at a super deal, $99, it was an after Christmas blowout. I own a lot of pieces from this company, some from GILT, some from Italy. I prefer "made in Italy" but understand that some production is from China. I'm cool with that because I could still see/feel the quality. When I received my windbreaker I was stunned, no way is this an a ALLEGRI product. Yes, it did have an ALLEGRI label, sewn kind of weird, the jacket looks/feels like something cheap from Walmart (no offense WM) There is no way this originally sold for $730, I at least triple overpaid at $99. Why do you do this ? I'm not even going to bother contacting because I've been down this road of "non-refundable" before. This product is counterfeit or some weird plan with someone to rip-off/make money. See you GILT, I'll take my thousands yearly somewhere else. If a GILT rep reads this and satisfies this by allowing a return for credit, I will consider it. Bad taste.

Tip for consumers: Be careful. Mostly I have good experiences, then I get a doozy.

Allegri
Nylon Hooded Windbreaker
$730 $69

erinq3
1/24/15

Customer service at Gilt is exceptional! Always so helpful.

alc135
1/24/15

Very pleased overall with the products, service and customer care. Especially when an item is not acceptable due to poor quality. Great valve, great site.

janettey
1/24/15

I have chosen a wrong size and your cs Ptrick Woulfe quickly helpt me solve the problem。 I'm very satisfied.

billyc34
1/24/15

Andrew was very professional and responded in a timely manner. Dealing with him through email has been a pleasant experience. Not only was he easy to work with, he was able to resolve my issue right away.

stacyg13
1/23/15

Emailed with a question about the jeans I had just purchased. Although they did not have the answer they had a wonderful solution and the email was answered very fast. Great guest experience. Thank you.

allisonf10
1/23/15

I accidentally purchased a nonreturnable item not realizing my credit card was already linked--i clicked "purchase" thinking it would bring me to a payment page, but it instead charged a card already on file. i wrote to GILT and a representative, Patrick, quickly refunded it for me. I replied to thank him and let him know that i recently received an order for an other nonreturnable item, but the shirts were not the right size, but he refunded it for me AGAIN since both items were still "live" on Gilt. THANKS SO MUCH to the Gilt Customer Service Team!

michaelj87
1/23/15

Nearly immediate and positive customer service with Patrick. Gilt is a great site to shop on.

vickiea2
1/23/15

Super quick reply from customer service regarding a return issue that was resolved with a happy outcome. Thank you Gilt!!

gemmas7
1/22/15

Gilt continues to deliver quality service and customer support. There is no such thing as a problem too big or too small. Their response time to queries is faultless.

jessel23
1/22/15

I am a long time customer of Gilt. In fact, I have been with them since they began. Again and Again the support I get have been hands down one of the best. Today, I spoke to Liam and he was very nice and delivered on my request. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is always a pleasure being one of your customers and interacting with your support team and people like Liam.

Thanks

Jesse

kirklandh
1/22/15

Always meets, and often exceeds, my expectations. Will always be a Gilt supporter!

ginac13
1/22/15

They were extremely helpful and courteous. I appreciate the assistance

jenniferk43
1/22/15

I really appreciate the fact that Gilt made an exception and allowed me to return some items that were final sale. I knew I took a chance when ordering them, and when they didn't work out, I assumed I had no recourse. But I was happily surprised that the issue was quickly resolved in an online chat session, when the agent offered to make this one-time exception.

romainp1

ZERO

fernc
1/22/15

Excellent service from Jessica today. this is the first time i've been invited to rate my experience, but i've interacted with other agents as well and all those experiences have been excellent as well. Gilt makes exchanges and returns easy as well.

stass
1/22/15

Quick response, useful info, ready to make extra mile. Excellent as always.

danp49
1/21/15

Ordered an expensive belt on gilt.com First time to their site. What arrived was a piece of garbage that truly would be 5 dollars on the discount rack at any store. Hoop already broken. I would NEVER return to this site. They promote luxury, but deliver garbage.

Tip for consumers: 39 dollars for a belt buys you 5 dollars of garbage. Stick to Allen Edmunds or other top quality shops.

simong21
1/19/15

Fast response to customer service need; immediate resolution; easy to work with, friendly and to the point messaging...

stephanied19
1/17/15

Jude was so helpful when I hit a snag with the promotion code not applying the full value as indicated on the refer-a-friend promotion. While she didn't have an immediate fix, she asked me to email her the details and promised to figure out what was going wrong and why. Sure enough, she did find a solution and emalied me promptly, within the hour. I know that marketing teams don't always communicate the fine print of their promotions effectively to customer service teams and was impressed that Jude and her team we able to solve the problem! Thank you again.

tammyp14
1/16/15

I ordered a pair of shoes from Gilt. They were on sale and advertised as non-returnable and non-exchangeable. Fair enough. Except - the product page advised customers (still does) that the shoes are of a large make and that customers should consider ordering half a size smaller shoes than usual. Trusting their advice is sound and trustworthy, I did exactly that. Then the shoes arrived, but they are in fact not of a large make and so the shoes are too small for me. I called to ask if I can exchange for the correct size, happy to bear the cost, and the answer (repeatedly) was that the item was clearly on sale and it’s not their fault I followed their advice, nobody made me do so. Wow! Then the customer service refused to escalate my complaint or respond, following the third exchange, all the while maintaining it is not their fault they published the wrong advice to people. I am now out of pocket, and without that pair of shoes, and the retailer, is, of course, not budging. It makes no difference that I have been a regular customer and it is clear from my previous orders that I had never ordered size 5.5 before. Up until now, more than satisfied with their service. I will not shop there again, and will be lodging a complaint.

Tip for consumers: Beware

yvonnec15
1/11/15

you exceeded my expectations! My items didn't come as expected and you refunded enough money for me to go out and purchase the correct pillow inserts so that I'd be happy with my new pillows. Thank you!

annab120
1/11/15

I've been a memeber for more than a year and got myself a few really good deals. tory burch bad was quite a catch! I can't believe I managed to literaty grab it as sometimes it feels like the items appear as "selled" before they become available. All in all the sipping and packing is good, quality always as described. Hav't yet desided if it's worth to buy a premium access...

carolp33
1/10/15

Ordered two vintage lights for Christmas gifts. One arrived on time. The other showed delivery due between December 16 and January 2. January 2 came and went. Called three times to find a delivery estimate. Each time was told the item was in the Las Vegas warehouse but Gilt could not provide further information. After four calls, I was able to get the name of the manufacturer. I'll get the information myself. WIsh me luck.

michelles73
1/10/15

I really like the products from Gilt, but continue to be let down by their ability to fulfill in a timely fashion. I just placed an order for boots for my toddler son and they estimate shipment arrival in early to mid February. That is ridiculous. I ordered a wreath in the fall and it was 2 weeks later than anticipated. What gives? Why are they so lethargic???? May have to reconsider buying any more from Gilt. I shop online a lot and they are by far the worst at timely order fulfillment.

Tip for consumers: If you want something quickly, this is not your site. Their inability to fulfill quickly flies in the face of online shopping trends. The other online retailers I shop with regularly (Nordstrom, Saks, Amazon, JCrew, Gap) are way above and beyond Gilt in terms of fulfillment. Not sure what their issue is but it makes me think twice about ordering again from them when they tell me AFTER I ordered something that it will take a full month to fulfill.

miraf2
1/8/15

Tricky site! Take money from customers for no reason. Tell you one thing and do the opposite. I will never order from them again!

Tip for consumers: Do not order from this site! The quality is awful and if you want to return an awfull thing they give you less money back ..I am not talking about shipping money.

ronil3
1/8/15

Awful customer service. A bunch of incompetent individuals! I have contacted this company and spoke with three different individuals on three separate occasions and each time it has taken them over 30 minutes to answer very simple questions. The return policy is also VERY awful. You will not be issued a refund for anything under $199. Just a store credit. In order to use your store credit you must place a credit card on file. Very stupid system. Not to mention a lot of their prices are much cheaper on other sites. Don't waste your time or money!!!

glorial12
12/29/14

They must ship via 'carrier pidgeon'. I EVERYTIME I order from this site, it takes at least 2-3 days for an item to leave the warehouse. Warehouse is located in KY...I live in IL. It to 10 days for a SCARF to be delivered. I wouldn't have a such a problem if I wasn't forced to pay $8 to ship.

I ordered a pair of boots two days ago, and they still have shipped out yet.

A couple of times I was told they were waiting on the items to arrive from the vendor so they could ship them out. Why put item on sale that you don't have in stock?

Tip for consumers: Prepare to wait up to two weeks to receive your item.

janl27
12/21/14

Purchased what was supposed to be a new, authentic Roberto Coin gold & diamond bracelet. It arrived packaged in a flimsy plastic bag--not the box that all new Roberto Coin jewelry is packaged in--and had no papers to attest to its authenticity, which also comes with all Roberto Coin jewelry. There is also a small defect in the bracelet. I have tried working with customer service, which has been not only frustrating but useless. It took three emails to get them to answer the question, "is this a new, first quality item", and then they only answered that it was not a pre-owned item. I have received no answer to my question asking if it is first quality. As to why it came with no box or papers, I was told that the description did not indicate it came with these, and I would just have to take their word that it is authentic. At best I believe I was sold a "second" or at worst a "knock off." This was an expensive mistake; one I will not make again. I will no longer be purchasing anything from Gilt.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase from this company.

ilenec1
12/18/14

There customer service is horrible !! I asked for a store credit not refund for a gilt city voucher in which the merchant could not accomodate the customer in a normal and customary situations. So I refused to go back to that business and as a result asked Gilt for store credit and was denied even after speaking to the manager. Consider the warning !!

Tip for consumers: Just consider most of their sales Final. The shipping takes much longer than other online merchants and comes in a flimsy plastic bag that looks like it has been stepped on. Their customer service ends with sorry and acknowledgement of your "inconvenience" blah blah blah. That is about it. Go shop elsewhere customer service is valued like Amazon. They will know online shopping is where is at and without proper customer service they will not profit.

nidhid
12/11/14

Susan took care of my problem in a very short manner. She emailed be within 24hrs and honored the voucher. I appreciate the customer service very much.

bethanyc2
12/10/14

Probably the best customer service I've ever had. They are quick to respond, are always fair and go above and beyond to make things right.

kellyl46
12/8/14

I happen to be a Consumer Services Manager, and I well know how important and valued it is when people take the time to applaud the efforts of these hardworking specialists especially during peak season! Thanks again to Drew Murphy whose expeditious help and follow through made my Gilt experience a pleasure! I look for that kind of dedication in my own specialists so he's a fine part of your team there...

haop
12/8/14

I am satisfied wiht shopping on Gilt.com

annouckl
12/5/14

I buy from this site every 2-3 months. They usually have good deals and I particularly like their deals on toys and kids clothes. Their shipping is very fast, you only have to be careful with non-returnable items as once they ship you cannot change the order anymore. Unfortunately they do not ship big items internationally so I sometimes miss out on great deals :)

Their customer service is ok, some people are great and understanding and others not so much so thats why I only give them a three for service. it really depends on who you are dealing with.

So far I never had issues with the stuff I bought, They are in impeccable condition and are exactly what I expected. If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone ordered furniture and how was your experience?
1/6/13
rachelr4
A: Who is scooping up all the expensive designer clothing within minutes of the start of a sale? 10 minutes after a Reem Acra sale started and only 2 items are available. I've gone to the site just a minute or 2 after the start of a sale and everything will be sold or reserved. What's the story here? Not that I can afford any of these dresses, just curious who is buying them all up so fast!
1/11/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Gilt