US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

arinan

Very disappointing customer service and return policy experience. (in 176 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 37 reviews)

annouckl

If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ismaelm7
2/6/16

I placed my order without checking the reviews, and I was a little worry, to the point that I called customer service to track my order. Long story short... My lumber up boots arrived on Wednesday when they said Friday the latest and they are in perfect conditions, thank you GILT!!!!

peiw1
2/5/16

My non-returnable items was received with flaws. I sent the photo to customer services with quick & efficient response. and get the $30 account credit to my account. Tks.

keithp31
2/5/16

I placed a 295.00 order which did not get fulfilled properly In short, the product I purchased is fulfilled bygoing to the product page of the vendor selling the product and putting in a code that GIltcity provides in return for my 295.00. The problem is that the code is incorrect for the product I purchased. I've been asking a simple question if the code needs to be used twice or if I should have received 2 different codes?

I've been emailing customer service for 3 days now and only got a single response that indicated they didn't have a clue. I'll be disputing this with my credit card company if this isn't resolved today.

innag1
2/2/16

I ordered a Cole Haan coat and it arrived damaged. There was a 10cm long scratch on the upper front part of the coat next to the collar.

I knew it was nonreturnable. I read their International return policy when proceeding with the order and it said that "In order to provide you with quality designer pieces))) LOL... we're unable to accept returns on some items. Don't worry, though! ...If your item is defective or has an issue, then our Customer Service team will gladly assist you."

I can assume they were glad to receive my claim and the pictures I've sent them, but they repeatedly did not admit that the coat was damaged and refused to offer any solution or compensation exploiting the fact that the item is non-returnable and I am not in the US.

Cynical deception!

-----------------------------02/02/16-------------------------
OK. It's resolved now. I'm sending the coat back today.
After a bit of correspondence caused by this review Gilt has offered return and refund. Even a refund and not a credit - thanks to the recent change in their return policy.

apples2
1/31/16

I referred a friend to Gilt city and in doing so, you get a $20 voucher if your refferal makes their first purchase. I wanted to purchase a Spa package on Gilt but when I was checking out their was no credit for $20. I contacted Gilt City about not being able to redeem my referral credit of $20 but they said I said it should apply but when I get check out and ready to pay it didn't show up. I believe this is a scam on Gilt's part. Their customer service is horrible, unethical dealing with problems, and liars. Consumers beware of their referral as they do not grant it as they say. I will never buy at Gilt City again. BUYERS BEWARE!

kellyb123
1/28/16

Gilt has a smaller selection than that of other flash sale sites, but the sales are truly wonderful. Gilt city is a favorite, and the items are all great at amazing deals. They do not have a ton of items, because they select the best items only.

jennifers208
1/24/16

I purchased a bed and two dressers on Oct. 5th. The manufacturer alerted Gilt that the bed was on backorder but they didn't tell me until a week after I purchased the unreturnable items. The dressers were not on backorder but they lied to me and said they were to avoid extra shipping costs. I caught them in a bold faced lie so they finally gave in and shipped the dressers last month. The bed, now 4 months later is still not here. Their shipping company lost the bed and Gilt has wiped their hands of it. They won't give me a refund and I spent well over $3000. I changed my entire room to match these items and now I have half of a set I can't get my money back. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and they LIED again and said they spoke to the shipping company and they will schedule a delivery. The shipping company said they just spoke to Gilt today and that they still haven't found the package and therefore cannot schedule a delivery. And to boot, the item number now says it's half king bed parts and half queen parts. Gilt said they don't know if that's really true or not and can't do anything about it. I'm still sleeping on the floor and Gilt has done nothing to help. They have the worst customer service ever and most of the time it takes 45 minutes or more to get a live person. SAVE YOURSELVES AND NEVER USE THEIR COMPANY. EVER. SO MANY OTHER GREAT SITES OUT THERE LIKE WAYFAIR for home goods.

kayf8
1/24/16

I had a $20 promotion in free items, I made a purchase of $12.00 then with added tax it came to approx. 7cents. It then gave me free shipping for one hr as advertised, so I added an additional item that should have still had been free but then charged shipping! I called and was told the free shipping for one hr was only on my NEXT purchase although it showed up on my first so I was then charged a total of $5.95 to my card! what a GIMMICK! I then removed the last item and I better have a credit on my charge card!! BEWARE

athenac2
1/22/16

They cancel my order for no reason and shut me out of my account. They gave me credit but also locked me out of my account. So stupid please don't waste your time with them.

stevenm128
1/19/16

My friend send me a $20 credit I made my order purchase Nan's no credit was given so I called customer service to cancel the next day they told me they could cancel the order what really never again first n last time I get something from them smh

lisas243
1/18/16

One time and item came that was completely misrepresented.
Another time an item came dirty.

nwankwon
1/17/16

They shipped my order according to their app order tracker. I never received the order and I called them twice to ask for some remedy of any sort, and they refused saying nothing could be done. They didn't and wouldn't refund my money, nor replace the item, or give store credit.

ashleyb116
1/10/16

I ordered 2 sets of cutlery on their site. The pictures looked beautiful and modern. The cutlery that arrived was in a similar modern style, but extraordinarily long and there was absolutely nothing mentioned in the description about the atypical length. The regular forks and spoons are longer than most of serving ware and the appetizer forks and dessert spoons are similar to most dinner utensils. These utensils are for giants! I sent Gilt a photo highlighting the discrepancy between the photo on their website and what arrived, asking them to allow me to return them, but they refused to offer any solutions. Do not order anything from Gilt! It may be nothing like the description!!!!! To add insult to injury, their so-called black friday flash sale price was actually significantly higher than what these cutlery go for anywhere else.

lynno5
1/9/16

I have been a huge shopper and fan of Gilt for years. However, something HUGE has changed in the company over the last one year in particular. The number of items I have purchased for this 2015 holiday season from Gilt? ZERO. The prices have skyrocketed and the choice of new, quality items, DISAPPEARED for all of 2015! I'm shutting down their app. Today. The must have sold out or are out sourcing services to other countries- it's a dreadful experience. I hear the same from all friends I referred to the site- we are all shopping locally for the good things at lower prices. Think Lord and Taylor......anywhere but GILT.

RIP my once go-to shopping site favorite.

denisseh
1/7/16

I have given gilt the opportunity to mend the issue with my purchase what happened after I contacted them speaks to so many issues.The description said it was a vintage bag In good condition. I relied primarely on the photos for my purchase. On the site, It looked great. Imagine my dissapontment when the bag arrived with extensive damage and with zero certificate of authenticity. I sent them photos immediately and asked for a refund. They replied saying that they were sorry I was disappointed but that this purchase was non refundable. I pointed out the fact that they either edited the photos to show no damage or used a completely different purse when listing the item because the bag I received was beyond abused. Again I got a long paragraph of apologies for how unhappy I was but this item was non-refundable.
So here are the lessons when purchasing from gilt- when they say "vintage" they truly mean a trashed, heavily stained, scratched old bag. When they say in "good condition" they mean it is simply still in one piece. And when they say "Hermes" they mean it has an H on the front but good luck knowing what you really bought because they provide absolutely no evidence of authenticity. Finally, when lthey provide you with 3-4 photos of this vintage Hermes bag in good condition the misrepresentation is equivalent to that of the phenomenon we all know well; of the selfie of a very heavy girl making a kissy face, pushing her cleavage together taking a photo from the highest angle her arm allows, uses the most drastic filter, crops her photo to only show her face and bust and calls herself cutirbabygirl6969...
You know what arrives in the mail when you buy a vintage Hermes bag in good condition for 3k from gilt? Cutiebabygirl6969 indeed but this time in all her curvy glory, zoomed out to show her standing in a bathroom full of dirty clothes and mildewed bath tub. No filters no kissy face, no makeup. And you know what gilt will say to you when you say that's not what you pay 3k for? "We are very sorry you are not happy but this vintage item is non refundable"

dianea26
1/3/16

Gilt sent the wrong size sweater and it is "nonreturnable." I spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to discuss this with customer service however, they never answered; and live chat is unavailable. There is also no email service. Too much work. Let's hope I can a refund to my credit card. This would only be fair.

rubeni1
12/31/15

This happened to me before since I order from them a lot. Last year they screw up, so this year I have placed the order in November, guess what, they screw up again, 1 out of 2 orders is still not shipped , another one was shipped too late and I haven't received it yet. It takes 25 minutes to get customer service representative who is doing nothing but apologizing. Don't buy from them if you can't wait 6 weeks for your order.

patsyb13
12/27/15

I ordered the one and only thing my grandaughter wanted, got confirmation order was shipped and date should receive. When did not come was told so sorry it was never shipped. When called for manager Jaime was a joke. Said his manager did not take calls and would not give me vendors indoemation. Then advised that it was lost in transit. Which is it ???? Can't even get story straight of why I did not receive. Out of stock so could not over night it. This company is a joke and I would not order anything from them!!!!!!

Now they want to give me a 30% discount on my next order. Really, like I am stupid enough to use you again. What a joke!

gusl12
12/23/15

I have never bought from Gilt.com before. I was lured to Gilt.com because they advertised very low prices on what seem like clearance items. After buying, I regret it. There were many negative surprises I learned after receiving my purchases. 1) I bought 4 pairs of shoes, and now will return 2 pairs because they don't fit. When return items YOU DONT GET your money back. They give you "Gilt Credit". WTF? Implication: When you buy from them, you RISK not getting your money back. Now what the heck am I going to do with $200 in "Gilt Credit" if I don't like any of their merchandise. I'm stuck with "Gilt Credit" until they feature something I am delighted to buy. 2) Customer Service - THEY HAVE NONE. If you email them with a question, which I did, I get an auto reply saying they will contact me in 3 (THREE) days. then I call the 800 toll free tel#. I was on hold for 20 minutes, before I finally gave up. BOTTOM Line - THEY TAKE your money & give customer service that is a disaster. Other mail order businesses will take the risk out of buying by giving you a full refund if you return items you don't like. Gilt.com only gives you credit an exchange. I, right not don't like any of their items for sale. So I'm stuck with $200 in gilt credit and they have nothing in their inventory I want to buy, or they don't have what I want to buy in my size. This is really frustrating.

Tip for consumers: a) They have no customer service on tel#, even though they publish 800 tel#. No one answers phone. I was on hold for 20 mins before hanging up.
b) If you buy something that you return, you won't get your money back. You only get a credit for an exchange. This sucks when they have nothing else you want to buy, or they don't have your size in the item you want.

pamc26
12/21/15

I ordered a beautiful, bright white table and one of the legs was chipped- black spot showing. I sent a photo and was given a partial refund.
Any time I call/email, the customer service is excellent, even when the problem can't be solved, although it almost always is resolved. I know if I buy something and there's a problem you care about fixing it. THANKS

tammyp24
12/21/15

I was double charge then told I would have to receive the packages and return. It's taking forever and I'm out Christmas money....they are rude and they do not have good business practices. Things were supposed to come in boxes instead were in plastic bags stick with Zulilly or Ru La La.

deef16
12/19/15

The customer service is poor they don't stand behind their products. I ordered a lapis bracelt the quality was very diffrent than the website and horrible in person. They would not exchange for a store credit. They also would not honor a discount they sent me after it expired when it was a problem on there side they did not resolve in time. I would suggest shopping some place that cares about its customer.

Tip for consumers: They offer inconsitantanty in the product they sell, many items are not returnable. Online venders need to offer a return for a store credi when thei happens. This is poor business

joycel30
12/19/15

I ordered my juicy couture items on 11.30.15 and the status is always 'shipping being estimated'. Customer support contacted and the answer is the same - wait wait and wait!

bobh97
12/17/15

I purchased 3 pairs of shoes within a 12 month period at a average price of $170. One of the purchases was a pair of $179 Millburn captoe oxford dress shoes which I wore approximately 10 times over a 5 month period - both shoes are peeling all along the edges of the tongue flaps and where you insert your foot. I wrote an email and spoke to a customer service rep requesting I return the shoe for inspection and verification that the sole will prove the shoes were only wore a handful of times and that poor quality was the reason for the return.

The company just continued to state their 21 day return policy and really did care about the quality concerns nor that I was a loyal customer.

Stay away at all costs, especially with their Gilt branded Millburn shores.

madisonp12
12/16/15

They accidently sent me two of the same item and charged me twice for it. I called angry and ready to argue my tail off, but they were actually really apologetic and understanding! I said, "and I don't think I should have to pay the return shipping either" and the representative said "of course ma'am, I'll take care of that for you"! I wish more company's had customer service like this!

neridar
12/16/15

My $400 handbag broke after a few months. I was told that it wasn't faulty at time of purchase so too bad. Sorry, but if something breaks within it's expected 'lifetime' then it's faulty

I've purchased cheap $50 bags that lasted longer. I was disgusted and disappointed at their too bad approach to this.

hilaryh7
12/13/15

I have always had a great experience using Gilt. Haven't ordered in awhile and was very pleased with a recent order I placed. I had asked for a promotion to be applied and the customer service team took care of the adjustment for me.

davidd175
12/12/15

Each time I get an email from them, I'm like: "oh, OK... I like those brands..." and then when I click on the offerings, I'm like: "ewww!" or the sizes are so limited on something I'd actually wear. When they had their Cyber Monday deal this year, their coupon codes were all messed up, and NOT providing the offered deal (40% off). It was pretty easy to notice, because shipping was free and their was no tax. So, on a $100 item that should have been $60 and was coming up as $67, it was clear things just weren't right. Hopefully other shoppers noticed. They eventually went into my account and manually made some adjustments the next day that offered the advertised discount AND the free shipping. Which hushed me for the time being. At that point, I had been charged for the items. 5 days later, I get an email saying the item has shipped and I was charged AGAIN, but that eventually dropped off after a few days. They blame paypal, because one charge is to make sure the $ is there, and then they finally request the money when the item is shipped. Still had both charges deducted from my bank account for days, so think about that if your order is $500... Also, looking at the shipping updates 4 days later, it still doesn't look like a mail man has taken possession of my order.

"Date Time Description Location
12/8/2015 02:07 AM Departing Newgistics Facility Hebron, KY 41048
12/7/2015 02:43 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Hebron, KY 41048
12/7/2015 02:43 PM Electronic Information Received by USPS
12/6/2015 05:12 PM Inducted into Newgistics Network Hebron, KY 41048
12/5/2015 11:26 AM Shipped from Client Shepherdsville, KY 40165"

Looks like it's been scanned a lot and info has been sent, but when will it leave a warehouse? I forgot how long their regular shipping takes. The last item I ordered (some Fred Perry shoes I really liked), arrived either worn or simply damaged. Like, someone tried them on but gave them a test drive, too. Basically, I've had better luck at Macy's for 2(X)ist sales and selections, and Nordstrom Rack, Neiman's, and even TJ Maxx for Ben Sherman, Penguin, 7 Jeans, etc. Not worth the hassle of reaching out to their support each time something is wrong with an order. And trust me, something will be a *little* wrong with your order.

megant18
12/7/15

I am trying to avoid this site. I have had multiple cases in which I was sent the wrong items. Items typically arrive later, sometimes much later, than promised. Once, the website said my package had been delivered, but I had never received it. I assumed they were lost in the mail, but then the items arrived literally a month later.

nancyw71
12/7/15

Maureen offers good service
Replies fast and solves the issue

wendyw50
12/5/15

I made a purchase while a 40% promotion was running. When I was finalizing my order I forgot to enter the code to have the 40% off applied.
I contacted customer service, who got back to me quickly and they refunded me the difference. I had a great experience!!

sook10
12/3/15

I have spent over $32,000 on Gilt.com and earned 68,000 insider points. Gilt has a fine print policy that you lose your points (in this case my points are worth $200) if you fail to make a purchase within 6 months. They do not inform you of this policy and do not warn you (unless you call slyly embedding the notice of point expiration in only 2 of the literally hundreds of emails you receive from them). I found out today, CyberMonday, when logging into the site, and they were very rude on the phone when I called to inquire. They have lost my patronage.

lawrencew20
12/3/15

I have been waiting for my money to be returned to me for a while now so I went online to find out where it was ... and of course I then spied the fact I have a "Credit" to spend at the site rather than getting my money back. I spent money on your site so I expect to get money back!! Don't use this site I implore you, go somewhere else and get customer service worthwhile, this is a toal ripoff company and not in the spirit of the internet at all! They effectively took my money and gave me nothing for it, and if tahts not a ripoff then I don't know what is.

ellej5
11/27/15

I purchased an expensive Kate Spade bag from Gilt, and fewer than 5 months later it is completely falling apart, one of the handles is almost completely detached. I have only used the bag 3 times! I called Gilt to report this, and the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful, and refused to make any exception based on a defective product. Also, I'm not even sure this is an authentic bag as it arrived without a dust bag, a tag detached, and is now falling apart. I would definitely not order any high-end merchandise from Gilt, because I don't think it's authentic, and if there is ever a problem you are out of luck!

llds
11/23/15

I needed to cancel an order and was afraid I missed the window. I sent an e-mail and within minutes it was taken care...and done so with kindness and attention to detail.

Go Gilt!!

wc21
11/17/15

You won't know what you're paying until after you checked out. Gilt even says "The sales tax quoted at checkout is an estimate." How difficult is it to show the exact amount at checkout? This place is run by incompetent people who can't even hire someone to properly code a site. Everything is an estimate, which shows how careless these people are about their business. They'll significantly over-estimate the weight of your package so you pay a huge amount for shipping. When you run into a problem, customer service is one of the worst out there. Completely unhelpful and you'll never get your problems solved. And that "return" policy is a joke; it's an exchange policy. Consider everything you buy here final sale. You get a site that looks modern, but is unreliable and when you run into a problem, CS won't be able to fix it. There are other places on the internet to buy from, avoid this place.

vurginiad
11/12/15

First of all I am a daily shopper on the gilt site!
It is a ritual for me to find incredible fashionable items and escape for a bit from responsibilities!!!! Nothing better then shopping..(. Best teraphy at times!!!!)
I am an Italian woman living in laid back la Jolla Calufornia... Shopping on gilt brings me back to shopping experiences I have only had in Milan or New York City!!!! Thank you for that !!!!!
Returns and customer services are also outstanding!!! Gilt group is my very favorite in every possible way!
Grazie e CIAO!

johns1048
11/6/15

I contacted customer service by email and no longer than 1/2 hour later, I had a response and the matter had been addressed and fairly rectified. The customer service agent who assisted me was named Andrew and he does an amazing job. Thanks so much for a great experience!

michellel98
11/6/15

Mr. Nigel Kelly was very helpful in arranging the cancellation of my order. In a thank you note I wrote, "Thank you very much for arranging the cancellation of my order. I would have accessed the Gilt Support or Live Chat, but unfortunately it was closed for the evening as I submitted the order after midnight.

Thank you again for all of your assistance with the cancellation of my order."

anaamm
11/3/15

On the 13th of October, 2015, among other things I ordered 'Original Penguin Jerry Jeff Boots' from Gilt website. The colour of this boot on the website is tan brown while the shoe I received is more of muddy brown. A colour I dislike. Highly discouraged to wear these boots because of the colour, I informed them that the boots sent to me were not the colour as shown on their website. I even clicked the pictures of the boot received by me as well as took screen grabs of the boot on their website, and for the sake of convenient comparison sent it to them. They agreed to take a return of the product but refused to pay for its courier from Mumbai to their office in the US. They also pointed towards the fact that they do not take returns from India but were making a one time exception for me. On principle, the idea that I had to pay for the return courier is not agreeable with me. Purely because this error of misrepresentation of the product through its colour is not my mistake. In fact, it amounts to GILT fooling their customers with incorrect information. They have refused to address this issue.

Post this review here. They got really active and have returned the full amount including return shipping.

barbarap46
10/27/15

I have read reviews here, thought I don't want to try buying things here, but tried once and got lucky to get a good customer services

tilunc
10/26/15

Before I ordered the Moloft dinning table in July, I'd called Gilt to see if the white glove service delivery date could be postponed till end of August and got "yes" as an answer. Of course after the order was placed, it turned out no, delivery couldn't be postponed. When we finally opened up the package three weeks ago, only to find out the table was already damaged (with a huge dent/cut). I'd sent the picture and they agreed to give me a replacement only if I'd purchase another one. So I'd paid for another one but they'd made it impossible to schedule for a pick up for the damaged table!! After countless phone calls, on line chats,I was finally contacted to schedule for the pick up for next week. Now I can only hope they'll do the right thing to give me back the credit once they received the table. Just read someone was having a hard time getting their credit from returns...and who knows how hard it'll be to receive my "replacement" table!! I was told by mid November....We will see...I can only hope....horrible!! Never again!!!

abdullahr3
10/24/15

Good after sales suport
Timely response
Simplisity of correction process

All mad my first experience w gilt a good one

jessicap61
10/22/15

Quick response, attentive, resolve my Probleme really fast

dianem46
10/12/15

I have been ordering from Gilt for several years and have never been disappointed. Fabulous merchandise! Love the clothes, shoes and boot selection. Shipments arrive in a timely manner, packaging is immaculate. Shoes and boots have never been out of the original box as I have experienced from other sites.
5 STARS for Gilt! *****

annag54
10/10/15

I am not new to the site. But their terms are horrible. I understand "non- returnable policy" and comply with it, but when the item has been returned (most of the times) for credit you have to wait and wait till this credit will show up (forget credit, the arrival of return ! ) in your account. This is ongoing problem with their site when they hold your money hostage and there is no purchase basically made. Terrible business. I keep forgetting how bad they are buy from them , not any more.

melissac64
10/8/15

I ordered 4 Items. One was sent to me a size too small. Another was sent to me in the wrong colour. They got half of my order wrong. That's just pathetic.

karinh4
10/4/15

Not only did the agent fix my incorrect order, he did it quickly and efficiently. I was more than impressed, not to mention very happy.

at488
10/3/15

Customer "service" seems to be entirely lost on Gilt.com. After previous poor experiences with customer service, I recently tried to apply a free shipping discount I earned through compiling "insider points" from previous purchases. I couldn't use the free shipping discount because there were other offers applied to my cart; nonetheless, Gilt.com charged me for the points and when I asked customer service to reimburse my points since I couldn't use them, they refused and told me I could use them any time until the end of the year. I understand that the discount is still available, but I have no plans to make another purchase soon and could have used those points for another perk, which I can longer do.

Regardless, the tone of the rep helping me was rude. In particular, the rep apologized that I "felt" like I was getting screwed. Maybe it is just me, but apologizing because of the way someone else feels is like saying, "not my fault, but i'm really sorry you feel like it is." Sorry, Gilt, but I DID get screwed by your ridiculous policy and you should refund my points and apologize for your policy, not my the way your policy makes a customer feel.

To Gilt: I apologize in advance if you "feel" like this review is unwarranted.

sinanr
9/28/15

I really appreciate the help that the Gilt Customer Service provides
and I can always count on them to go the extra mile if necessary.
-Always can find good quality clothes and accessories on Gilt .

Thank you,Cian , for resolving a return issue so graciously for a problem that
was an oversight on my part .
Grateful Gilty One !

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/15/15
Answer
gilts3
A: Hey Jash,

Thank you for your question.

All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with.

As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion.

Wishing you a happy holiday,
Michael -GiltService
12/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
12/9/15
Answer
gilts3
A: Hey Meghan,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not happy with the quality of this bag. Generally it can take 24 hours to hear back from an email sent in to our team, although as we are busier than usual lately it may take up to 48 hours, but we are working through each email as it comes in and trying to get through all of these as quickly as is possible.

Áine - Gilt Service