US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 132 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 35 reviews)

annouckl

If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit. (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

irism10
3/30/15

Customer service was extremely thoughtful and helpful when I screwed up an order. I have ordered many items from Gilt and have never been disappointed

michellew60
3/29/15

The return process is too lengthy & you cannot get a refund just a credit. It takes almost a month to get your credit. Do not shop here. They used to be much easier to process a return. Not so anymore. Way to many sites out there that are much consumer friendly!!!

scottm102
3/28/15

I recently contacted support for Gilt Groupe to ask them to return a chair that was supposed to be non-returnable, but was defective.

Andrew in Customer Service was so easy to work with and a really great communicator. He helped resolve the issue quickly.

I am very happy and satisfied customer!

fk6
3/27/15

was having an issue with the website and was flustered by not able to get the page to load up, send email to customer service and within 20 minutes they sent the return forms, i was impressed.

ar5685
3/26/15

Bought prada saffiano cuir double bag, which was confirmed to be counterfeit by professional authenticating company (Authenticate4u). After taking longer than the promised 7 day period, gilt refused to accept a return. Contemplating legal action.

rachelr21
3/20/15

It was unclear that my items were unable to be returned with a refund. When I purchased the item, a note came up informing me that my item is able to be returned. I assumed this meant I could get the money back that I paid for the item. This was an incorrect assumption. You can only get your money back if you paid over $199 for the item and this is at a fee. This is pretty unreasonable that I could ONLY get "gilt credit". After speaking with a customer service rep, I was able to return the item once and then informed of the correct policy. Now that I understand, I do not plan on shopping with Gilt again.

mattr39
3/19/15

Just had a horrific customer service experience with your company today. Had a $10 "Insider" merchandise credit because of my prior purchases and a 30% off promo that was mailed to me. Tried to use them on a toaster that I saw on the site, and the site would not take both. Figured that if I talked to customer service via your chat window this would be taken care of quickly. How wrong I was!!! The first rep named Ellen said that I could not combine 2 offers and that she could not do anything for me. Escalated the issue to a supervisor name Cian who gave me the same baloney policy. Then had to escalate the issue yet again to a manager named Mike. He then gave me the same old nonsense. However, I insisted that he come up with an acceptable resolution to the problem. After about 30 minutes of going back and forth with reps, supervisors, and managers, he finally did the right thing and issued the $10 as a credit (as opposed to what you guys are calling a "promo") so that I could use the 30% off promotion as well. Any reasonable retailer (Macy's, Banana Republic, Bloomingdales, etc) would have done just that in the first 2 minutes. It shouldn't take 30 minutes of arguing to buy a toaster. I have had several friends tell me that they have stopped using Gilt because of issues just like this, and I'm really starting to see why. Get it together guys, you are supposed to be a "luxury" retailer.

jessicas83
3/16/15

I received such wonderful service through gilt. I received an order that was partly damaged upon arrival. When I emailed the customer serv department, I was given a sincere apologie and the problem was corrected immediately. Thank you gilt!

lizp20
3/15/15

I received an item I wasn't completely satisfied with and they accepted the return without hassle.

robertw134
3/15/15

I ordered an item on line, received confirmation that the order was accepted, only two receive an email later in the day that they could not fulfill the order. I check the website again, see that the item is still showing available, go through the order process again, only to get the same email later that they can't fulfill the order. Then I go on, order the item in a different color only to receive the wrong item. I checked their website and check - the order acknowledgement was for the shirt I ordered, not the shirt they sent. Then I have to jump through hoops to get a refund.

judym30
3/14/15

Purchased a chandalaire from Guilt. Hired electrician to install said chandalaire. (200.00)
Electrician left put light bulbs in and the 2 sockets are defective. Gilt will not replace the light and will not reimburse the cost of the electrician.

ralucas
3/13/15

I ordered the rylan boots in January. Only when I received shipping confirmation I realized that I did not update my address with Gilt. I tracked my shipment with USPS and the last entry, which was not updated for 2 months showed that the package arrived at the past USPS facility but I never received the package. I was in several interactions with the Gilt team where they tried to track the shipment. Finally we all gave up and Gilt reimbursed the cost. Surprisingly enough 2 months after gilt shipped the package I finally received it. Of course I immediately informed the gilt team and I wanted to pay but they generously declined to compensate for the trouble. During this episode all my interactions w the gilt team were professional, very polite and helpful

lawrenceh28
3/12/15

I had an issue with the wrong shipping address and I was help immediately and I'm very grateful

maryh81
3/9/15

I ordered two counter stools. I was told only one was available though I kept getting notices that my item was available. I contacted customer service twice to cancel the ONE stool. I only heard from them when the item was shipped and they couldn't do anything about it. Then when the one stool did get here it is the wrong color -- that I ordered and that the packing slip lists! I've emailed customer service twice with no response. I will not order from gilt again.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from Gilt.

georgiak5
3/8/15

shipping for return label would cost me $85 from Europe. It cost $10 to arrive. Costomer service would not let me return items via courier which would cost me $20. Do not order from Gilt. Its a joke.

bobbiet1
3/7/15

Recently Gilt sent me an e-mail stating 30% off "most waited for area rugs". I found one I was interested in and but it in my cart with the promotion code. It only showed a discount of $75.00 dollars. When I called to find out why, I couldn't understand the person who had a very strong India accent. Then I was hanged up on. Second call an another India accented voice I actually thought at first I was speaking to the same person. I wasn't. Anyway I asked about the 30% off question. The sell was actually a $75.00 off sale not a 30% as stated. In fine print and almost non- see-able print it does state up to $75.00.
Is anyone else tired of the deceptive advertising from these sites. Needless to say I didn't order the rug.

Tip for consumers: Quality of service poor. Don't purchase from this site.

sandram51
3/7/15

I think you do an amazing job. Your service is always very prompt and diligent. Thank you for making the shopping experience with you so nice.

bronwynb1
3/6/15

I was unhappy with a final sale dress I purchased to be my wedding dress. I understood I couldn't return it, but I reached out to Gilt to find out if anything could be done at all to help me. They were more than gracious and extended me an offer to return the dress for a store credit. Their customer service deserves kudos for the effort and I will definitely be continuing to shop with them.

ts105
3/5/15

I ordered some boots. Noticed they were shipped from ky. Looked up warehouses there. Turns out amazon and zappos have warehouses in same city. Looked on amazon for boot. They sold it for $100 less than gilt. I called cust service to price match so we both could avoid return hassle. It's only $7.95 to return merch over $199. Mine was over that limit. They were only willing to go down $50. Meanwhile, gilt responded to my email request for price match. They said they couldn't do a thing. I wrote back indicating their phone customer service gave me a different story. Bottom line is gilt is good at flash sales that play on your emotions. They aren't good at fulfillment and even tho they own their warehouse it uses the same robots as amazon and is possibly under lease. Gilt is just a middleman. Wait til you can get the product for much less money since they are unwilling to actually do any customer service. I won't buy from them again. Even Nordstom rack had the same shoe for less. They shouldn't need to price match if they were actually pricing the products competitively. There's a lot you can read about the business model and what happens behind the scenes. Gilt should be called jilt.

sherlyj
3/5/15

I would definitely echo the remarks made by others regarding the return policy of this company. I bought 2 chairs in December that were slated to arrive by Christmas. They didn't arrive, which I understood because it was the holidays and that's a very busy time. I called at least 3 times to find out the status of the shipment, but customer service didn't seem to know the cause of the delay. They certainly didn't volunteer that information. They were polite but I thought it was weird that they didn't have any specifics on my order. I cut them some slack about that and they did finally ship the chairs by early January but I kid you not - those chairs looked like "play furniture" for a child. The quality was lacking and one of the legs would not fasten. Every time I sat in it - which wasn't much - I questioned that it could hold my weight and I'm not a big person! The chairs were quite weak because when you sit on them, you feel the chair "give" a little - like the legs will come out from under it. So I called them immediately to take back the chairs. It was then that they pointed out the "no return" policy on furniture. I really wish someone would have pointed it out when I placed the order. I told them I would be willing to negotiate a solution that would benefit both myself and them but they were not willing to listen. I advise anyone to READ THE RETURN POLICY and ANY REVIEWS before purchasing.

stephanieh43
3/3/15

I did not take advantage of a promotional email while checking out. I immediately contacted Gilt's Customer Service, once I noticed that I had not used my coupon code. Rebecca, the specialist, and the entire Gilt Customer Service team was more than exceptional in making sure my 30% was refunded to my account and communicating with me every step of the way. Awesome!!!

daniellej4
2/28/15

DO NOT PURCHASE JEWELRY FROM GILT! The promo pictures do not accurately reflect the true value of the item and they do not stand behind their product. If you attempt to return it, they'll give you the run around and then tell you it is a "non refundable" item. I just wasted $1,000 on a necklace that is worth less than $100. I will NEVER ORDER from Gilt again and I strongly recommend others avoid being caught by their scam tactics.

UPDATE: Gilt ultimately agreed to allow me to return the necklace for a full refund AFTER they read my SiteJabber review. Thank you SiteJabber for all your help! I'll let you know if/when they come through with refunding my money.

2nd UPDATE: Mailed back the necklace over a week ago and I still haven't received a refund.

3rd UPDATE: Although I received an email from Gilt's service rep, James, that I would receive a full refund (see below), I DID NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. I RECEIVED STORE CREDIT. Following is a copy of the email I received from Gilt's service rep. promising me a refund and requesting I modify my Site Jabber review. So now I have $980.00 of store credit with an unethical company that doesn't stand behind its products, services and/or words.

Gilt S. wrote: -------------------------
Hi Danielle,

I'm just following you up again in regards to your review.

First of all let me apologize for the inconvenience that was caused with this order. I wanted to make sure that this was looked into thoroughly and a suitable resolution could be made. Thankfully, we have one.

We will accept a return on the Jennifer Meyer xo Jessica Alba
Pave Ruby Heart Pendant Necklace. I will email you in a few moments with a FedEx label which you can use to return in exchange for a refund. I hope this is the resolution you were looking for.

Also I am going to send you a link where you will have three options. You can remove the review you made, you can edit the review or you can leave the review as it is, the choice is entirely up to you.

If you have any further questions in regards to this, then feel free to let us know!

Kind regards,
James
Customer Service Specialist

Tip for consumers: If the item you want to purchase is NON RETURNABLE. Don't risk it!

melissam51
2/26/15

I had a problem with some earrings I ordered. The customer service I received was beyond what I would have expected. Thanks, Gilt! Makes me definitely want to order from you again.

jacquiee
2/23/15

Recently purchased a fairly expensive pair of Prada shoes. They arrived with big scratches up one side of the shoe. Shoes were Royal Blue...very difficult to photograph.
GILT would not accept the return. I had to provide photographic evidence..."to their satisfaction" for them to accept them as a return.
The shoes did not photograph well. After several discussions with customer service and photographs they said they would not return the them!!
They sent them to me with the scratches but yet the ownness was on me to prove they were damaged!!?? HUH?

Tip for consumers: DO not purchase any item that says no returns.
It is buyer beware!!
will NEVER purchase under these circumstances again

julieh54
2/23/15

I received fast, friendly and effective customer service. Great experience. Unfortunately, you have to pay for return shipping, so rated 4.

jennifers121
2/22/15

Unbelievably quick response to a damaged shipment. solved the issue, and though there are not any of the item in stock now, the customer service rep Maureen placed them on my wish list in case more come into inventory!

roryj5
2/21/15

I visit Gilt frequently (daily ;) ) and order fairly often. I understand some items are returnable, and some final sale. My last purchase included items that were returnable but I did not read for "credit". Gilt was so kind to honor my wishes of having the items returned bad to my cc. I really appreciate the prompt response and kindness from the customer service. Definitely an encouraging factor to continue to shop on this site. I recently had a very different experience with another company and will remain loyal to Gilt for "accommodating" the customer. I can't thank you enough for your diligence and detection to your shoppers.

emilyd23
2/18/15

Fast and excellent

christinet16
2/18/15

Customer service is worse than bad!!!!!! No response worth anything other than a canned-response. No definite answer to questions.

Tip for consumers: don't bother. Unless you have unlimited time to waste for delivery!!

davidc191
2/16/15

Excellent. On two occasions, my question and requests were immediately handled. The responses were very clear and courteous. This improves significantly my desire to return to GILT in the future.

christ2685
2/14/15

Very responsive. Addressed the problem promptly. Totally satisfied.

nataliec6
2/13/15

A very quick response with the solution I needed to my problem! Excellent customer service

jy41
2/13/15

Excellent Service! I made a mistake and pressed "submit order": $5000 worth of furniture that i absolutely could not afford! When i called in to cancel my horrible mistake, Rachel did everything she could, cancelling each item herself, and made sure to send me cancellation confirmation email. I couldn't thank her enough!!

pamelad18
2/12/15

International customers beware! U must ship back each item SEPARATELY with tracking. Therefore, the shipping return is extremely expensive. it cost me 82.00 CANADIAN to parcel up and return 4 individual packages of the 6 items I ordered. GILT charged me 12.50 shipping for the order to arrive. I do a lot of online shopping and although I love Gilt's items and discounts it is not customer friendly outside of the US.

Tip for consumers: Ship to US ADDRESS IF POSSIBLE

annf14
2/12/15

Excellent, unfortunately, I needed to cancel order, due to the items arrival time.
Gilt provided me with a quick, professional response.

Will definetely use again and again!

raghavk1
2/8/15

I planned to gift my wife a stella mccarthy bag. By mistake, I ordered a clutch. It took me a bit to realize that. I called up the customer service and explained my mistake and requested them to swap the order with a bag.They were kind enough of doing it. I was very pleased. I spoke to Mary, who was very detail oriented and helped me right away. Thanks Mary!!

christianh38
2/7/15

This place is a rip off. I recently found a dress for my wife. It was $69 from originally $120 - great right? Wrong! Shopping and handling was $38! I emailed customer service with item and first response was that wasn't unreasonable for large or items that needed to be assembled. I restated that it was a dress that weighed 2 lbs and coming from US. They just said they will look into it and for ME to check back in a few days to see if price changed. A few days later I checked back on another dress and was $68.50 for S&H for a $40 dress. Look at done print - this place is Unethical and trying to con third buyers in buying low cost items but screwing them on S&H charges.

javierf5
2/7/15

The return process has been terrible

craigb40
2/7/15

I had purchased restaurant vouchers from Gilt City. Unfortunately the restaurant closed. I emailed customer service, and within minutes a polite email informed me my account had been credited for the purchase.
I did not expect such fast service! Thank you!

katief11
2/6/15

Martin helped me with my order and provided excellent service. Because my issue was resolved quickly and painlessly I would certainly use Gilt.com to shop again!

brettm25
2/6/15

Ordered 2 mens bracelets from King Baby on Gilt, after quite a wait for them to actually ship, I received a women's bracelet for another company Tory Burch. Said sorry but the bracelets you ordered are no longer in stock and we can wait list you for those once you return the bracelet you received in error. Said no I want my money back! Said they would send back money once return processed and don't use the label they sent with the purchase I need to wait for a new label to use. Offered me nothing for aggravation except free shipping on my next order! Keep the free shipping there won't be a next order

Tip for consumers: Don't

michels9
2/5/15

The gilt group costumer service is amazing, they always give the best for us. I think they deserve a big THANKS!

linh-con
2/3/15

I am so impressed with the Customer Service at Gilt. I recently bought a leather arm chair from them. The chair arrived with damage to the leather and even though it was a non-returnable, they refunded my money. The service department responded within 24 hours and refunded my account the same day. Gilt was professional, courteous and expedient. There were no hassles!

christineh31
1/31/15

My experience with GILT has been AWFUL. The first time I experienced an issue with them, should've been the last time I gave them my business. I ordered a Celine handbag from them, it was described as in "excellent condition" and I expected it to be since I paid $2650 for it. Once it arrived, it was not what I expected and the condition was subpar. I immediately contacted them and sent multiple pictures as it had damage in several areas. Their representatives said they wouldn't return it even though it was misrepresented.

Cut to a year and a half later, I decide to give them another chance. I found 2 pairs of shoes that I liked. I ordered them and since I had moved changed my current address. I was prompted to re input my CC info, so I did. I assumed everything was good to go. It had been over a week since the shipment shipped, I clicked on it to track the shipment and they were left at the door of my old address. I immediately contacted them and they basically told me it was my fault and that was the only address they had on file. And that I would have to contact the new tenant, I moved almost 400 miles away. To offer no help, is outrageous.

Their customer service is AWFUL!! DO NOT SHOP WITH GILT! Low quality

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

rafaell19

great customer support

horwitzl
1/31/15

I am a long term customer, and never had problems with my orders or items. They sell great brands for great prices, items arrive quickly, packed very well. Taking one star off because the shipping is a bit high for some items. I would order more often, especially kids clothes, if it didn't cost me $5 to ship a baby shirt or a pair of earrings. May be a longer free shipping period, 1 day instead of 1 hr? Other than that - love, love, love!

ramil5
1/31/15

Customer Service will go out of their way to ensure their customer's satisfaction. Best ever!

janah8
1/31/15

I received my Order #67191495 today and my new Kate Spade Sonia Purple Beau bag is absolutely stunning, but it has tons of scratches on it! :( I immediately contacted the Online Chat Customer Service and Jessica replied. She was so helpful and helped me to immediately purchase a new one. She also gave me directions to print the return shipping label to return the scratched handbag. She was so helpful and very pleasant.

bradleyc35
1/31/15

Overall I enjoy using Gilt. But I do have two points to raise.

1. I wish returns were processed much faster. In general and relative to other online stores/sites it is very slow.

2. The TrueFit feature is nice but not ubiquitously applied the website. It makes life very difficult for people like me (6'5).

gennadyr
1/31/15

Quick response by email, courteous

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone ordered furniture and how was your experience?
1/6/13
rachelr4
A: Who is scooping up all the expensive designer clothing within minutes of the start of a sale? 10 minutes after a Reem Acra sale started and only 2 items are available. I've gone to the site just a minute or 2 after the start of a sale and everything will be sold or reserved. What's the story here? Not that I can afford any of these dresses, just curious who is buying them all up so fast!
1/11/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

10 Photos for Gilt