US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 88 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 32 reviews)

annouckl

If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ilenec1
12/18/14

There customer service is horrible !! I asked for a store credit not refund for a gilt city voucher in which the merchant could not accomodate the customer in a normal and customary situations. So I refused to go back to that business and as a result asked Gilt for store credit and was denied even after speaking to the manager. Consider the warning !!

Tip for consumers: Just consider most of their sales Final. The shipping takes much longer than other online merchants and comes in a flimsy plastic bag that looks like it has been stepped on. Their customer service ends with sorry and acknowledgement of your "inconvenience" blah blah blah. That is about it. Go shop elsewhere customer service is valued like Amazon. They will know online shopping is where is at and without proper customer service they will not profit.

nidhid
12/11/14

Susan took care of my problem in a very short manner. She emailed be within 24hrs and honored the voucher. I appreciate the customer service very much.

bethanyc2
12/10/14

Probably the best customer service I've ever had. They are quick to respond, are always fair and go above and beyond to make things right.

kellyl46
12/8/14

I happen to be a Consumer Services Manager, and I well know how important and valued it is when people take the time to applaud the efforts of these hardworking specialists especially during peak season! Thanks again to Drew Murphy whose expeditious help and follow through made my Gilt experience a pleasure! I look for that kind of dedication in my own specialists so he's a fine part of your team there...

haop
12/8/14

I am satisfied wiht shopping on Gilt.com

annouckl
12/5/14

I buy from this site every 2-3 months. They usually have good deals and I particularly like their deals on toys and kids clothes. Their shipping is very fast, you only have to be careful with non-returnable items as once they ship you cannot change the order anymore. Unfortunately they do not ship big items internationally so I sometimes miss out on great deals :)

Their customer service is ok, some people are great and understanding and others not so much so thats why I only give them a three for service. it really depends on who you are dealing with.

So far I never had issues with the stuff I bought, They are in impeccable condition and are exactly what I expected. If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit.

rebeccam23
12/1/14

Stay away from buying from this site!!! Worst customer experience. They lost my first item and didn't ever inform me until I called...then they said my anniversary present to my boyfriend would ship in September and now it's almost December and after many calls in which they assured me it was on its way...they then tell me it is never going to come and UPS lost the item. OH and icing on the cake, I can re-buy the item and hope that it will come in February!! 5 months after ordering the item I may have a hope to maybe receive it. And best part is you didn't try to appease me in any way.

Tip for consumers: Do not ever buy something that is from an independent vendor...I would only recommend buying vouchers that are immediate.

erick252
12/1/14

Just be aware that for most returns you'll only get store credit which can be risky if the item you ordered arrives and isn't up to your expectations and they don't have anything else you want. The cashmere sweater I bought from them didn't seem like much of a bargain in terms of the quality of material and fit compared to nearly identical items I have bought elsewhere for less at places like UNIQLO and Filene's Basement, but of course you can't always count on getting quality cashmere at a discount, it's hit or miss.

scotts99
11/27/14

Have loved products from Gilt for years. Had first problem with an order recently, and I was amazed how quickly the situation was resolved.

Five stars for both products and service!

wanjel
11/23/14

I had partial refund because a glass of wine is cracked that I purchased from Gilt.com.
I felt some nervous Item is damaged I purchased.
But support center blow up my worrying about that.
I feel so happy for your service.
I love Gilt.com.
Thanks.

yuanxinq
11/23/14

It is convenient to shopping with gilt, it is easy to find items I am looking for, and the service rep is helpful and respond quickly. Love it.

patsyb5
11/12/14

Not impressed with my first (and last order). Ordered a dress for a father-daughter dance and was told it would arrive by 11/3. Didn't arrive for 4 more days and ended up missing the dance all together. It was originally ordered on 10/3. Not worth waiting over a month for and the return policy is the worst with store credit only.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this group if you have a deadline for receipt.

francescod4
11/10/14

I bought a Forte Cashmere half zip pullover. Godd quality but it is not acceptable to have a slash-through price of more than 350 Euro for a product manufactured in China, despite then it is shown as discounted to around 130! I suggest Gilt should add "Made in..." to the products.

maureeng5
11/9/14

Desperately needed a refund on the wrong voucher I purchased for boots for my daughter. The Team quickly responded, credited my acct. for the voucher I purchased and enabled me to buy the higher priced one. Redeemed me with my daughter, I hope! Thank you. This is the second time your Team has helped me out with a problem. You guys are great.

taral9
11/7/14

I have been a longtime member of Gilt, was buying from them when they started and before many people knew of them. They have changed their policies over and over again, first it was a full refund, now its only a store credit under $250. Now after spending so many years and gaining points I used part of them towards some shoes. I asked the rep to check before I bought the shoes if I had to return them would I get money or points back? She explained I would get a credit for the money I spent and the points would go back to my acct. Now after having to return them they are telling me I'm out of luck, no points and just a measly small credit. After so many years with this company I am very disappointed. Will not be shopping with them again.

pranavk
10/29/14

I love shopping on Gilt. Great and reliable service. The whole experience is seamless - right from browsing to when the order arrives. The app is very well designed, is intuitive, easy to use. It's a delight. It's so easy to shop on Gilt that I actually have to keep a check on myself!

Love the way in which the merchandise is curated and the collections are just great. Would like to see a more steady stream of regular brands.

gabim
10/27/14

There's always a problem with this site. Either it takes one month to ship your product, or the sizes are not standard and you cannot exchange. Twice I got a bra on my size and it was either too small or too large and they will not exchange it. They have absolutely terrible costumer service and when I had to buy the same bra a size bigger they didn't even offer me free shipping. Absolutely awful

sandya15
10/27/14

I got a defective vintage handbag which I paid over $3000. I sent multiple photos as an evidence for a return request. Gilt has currently refused to accept the return with any explanations. I feel extremely betrayed as I trusted Gilt for its quality. Now I asked for a store credit and am waiting for a response.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe the condition for the vintage.

janicea5
10/26/14

The slash through prices are a total lie. I recently ordered a pair of sheets, slash through price was $400, sale price $110. When I received them the retail sticker price said $83. I emailed customer support and was told 'Sorry you don't like your sheets but this is the cost of doing business.' They wouldn't even price match. I went through three emails and gave up. They have taken the 1 (800) number off their site so if you want to call them you have to wIt on hold forever paying long distance charges. Gilt clearly doesn't care about ripping you off.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe the inflated slash through prices!

tongt1
10/25/14

The pictures on the sale page is misleading. Got a bracelet and every single beads are stained . Contacted customer service and they refuse to return.

gemm57
10/24/14

The clothing and items for babies is nothing special, even with the free intro shipping for 30 days. It's an outlet store where designers dump the ugly stuff no one wants to buy-so I'm not going to spend $56 on an infant dress that's designer (or no name brand) but unattractive, or even $36 on an outfit that's not cute at all or even good quality-I'll just go to Baby Gap, Tea Collection, or Boden and buy direct. As for baby items, there are no deals-the prices are exactly the same as you would get on Amazon-I know, I checked. Swaddle blankets, towels, bottles, etc. And why would you buy from Gilt when you can't return it, when you can buy the same thing from Amazon and return?

xiaoliny
10/22/14

Purchased Balenciaga City bag from Gilt with $1469. They present the bags as final sale and no returns. But the bag doesn't have all necessary tags with it, especially the brand tag indicating it is authentic and new and the one showing the year when the bag was made. Contact the customer service. They kept telling me the description doesn't say the tags come along with the bag and they list it as nonreturnable so that I can not return it. What? A new and authentic bag doesn't have tags? It is their responsibility that they present this fact for this product before the consumer decide to buy it! Already filed the consumer complaints. If you want to reduce trouble in the future, never buy luxury products from them. You will be disappointed when you receive your purchase and can not get problems solved just because the item is listed as final sale and nonreturnable.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy luxury products from them.

liac
10/22/14

Compared to all the other flash sites, Gilt (and MyHabit) are the best ones, I have since stopped ordering from all other sites due to the amount of crap they sell. Everything I've ordered from Gilt has been great quality as long you stick with the better known brands. I only had a problem once with a mirror that arrived broken and they promptly issued a return label free of charge and received a refund.

anamarisav
10/22/14

My experience with the Customer service Agent I worked with (Adam Kealy) was superb! He was very understanding when I ordered the wrong product and explained how I could return it and order the correct product. Overall, he was very easy to work with and he helped make my experience with Gilt a positive one.

fanulal
10/21/14

At first I was weary as I have had some great online experiences, and some horrible ones! The first agent I dealt with did not make me feel to comfortable. However, upon speaking with several others, and the online team, and their great detail of the product and knowledge was so important for clothes being ordered, I felt quite confident. The product did not take a very long time to arrive, it was in great shape and I was extremely satisfied with the product, but more importantly is also the customer service. What a great team. This lets me def promote you on social media and in this day and age of word of mouth, treating customers well, goes a long way.

loreens1
10/18/14

Ordered a pair of non returnable boots from Gilt. They listed 9.5 but they were European sized 39.5 which wasn't disclosed. I am a 9 and couldn't get my foot into them. My friend and 8-8.5 couldn't either. And these are non returnable?!!? Rip off!

Tip for consumers: Don"t buy footwear that's non returnable and check to see if they are really European sized and calculated to US size correctly. Someone didn't calculate the size correctly!!!!

jewell88
10/15/14

I was a regular customer, buying often until 3 years ago. I bought a set of towels for $159.95. The entire lot must have been defective. The towels, each and every one, gathered/pulled a few inched from the trim, on the decorative stitching. I have contacted GILT for help, and they act interested, even asked for pictures last week. I then get an email saying it's out of the return time. I have towels that are much older that although thinner, are still usable. These towels can only be used to mop up spills. I can't use them in the gym, or by the pool the gathered up area is nasty and makes it uncomfortable to use.

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!!!

chamk
10/9/14

I am surprised by the bad reviews on GILT because I have had good experiences so far. But, then again, I only bought from them twice as well as my boyfriend ordered items on there for me and were all clothing. I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. Each order has given me the correct items in good condition as well as been delivered on the time they predicted to me on regular shipping. For some reason, I don't think I would order anything other than clothes from GILT.

sungo2
10/9/14

Taking a nose dive. Shipped wrong item. Does not have what I ordered and paid for. Customer support email is worthless. Chat person tells me that customer support will reach out. No one called. Chat person has nerve to ask what he can do to make things right. Asked for some type of discount for the future only to come back with No. LOL why ask then.

Tip for consumers: Most often you do get what you order. If you have to resolve some issue with customer support I doubt you'll be happy. They just don't seem to care.

jenninef
10/4/14

I'll admit after I got an email notification about the amazing sale on kitchenaid stand mixers and had already purchased two of them (one for me and one for my mom for Christmas) I started researching gilt and their reviews and I got really nervous! I purchased both of them on a Saturday night after I had gotten off work late in the evening. One sale went through and the other didn't but I got an email Monday saying it was cause something was wrong with te card I'd used (sleepy me out in a wrong number, whoops!). So I corrected the mistake and it went through. By Tuesday the first one shipped by Wednesday the second one shipped, both were at my house by Friday in perfect condition and were exactly what I'd ordered. I was bracing myself all week to be the recipient of something totally different than what I'd ordered or to not receive anything at all based on previous reviews I'd read, I was really scared cause that was a lot of $ spent on two items. But I was pleasantly surprised and very relieved that I got exactly what I ordered in a very timely manner for a great price and no shipping fees! I would totally do that again!!!

simonz8
9/29/14

Gilt 's final sale stuff didn't provide any warranty of the product, but their description did not mention about it, after you place an order, you can't cancel it, If you call the customer services, they will blabla a lot but do nothing about it. I think they are lier, the behave is cheating, I will suggest everyone for looking this review, Not buy anything on Gilt. I would like give the review for 0 start.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT buy anything on Gilt

donam6
9/26/14

This company is HORRIBLE.Bought a pair of shoes and in the site show delivered but I have not receive them.Contact them 3 times and the answer was the same.NO HELP at all.I lost my $$$ and my time chatting to them.

Tip for consumers: HORRIBLE site.

johnb325
9/23/14

Ordered pants, received shorts. Returned shorts the next day with label printed from their site. Label address was in Kentucky. Tracked package. Package arrived in Kentucky then sent to Illinois which then returned it to Kentucky. Called customer service (X4) who responded "we will process your refund when merchandize arrives at warehouse". 30-days later. No refund posted. Reported to Chase Credict Card, let them handel it. My advise, do not order. Your savings on the merchandise will be used for purchasing aspirin for all the headaches that this company will cause you.

Tip for consumers: Do not order. Worse customer service possible. Even if company sent the wrong merchandise, prompt return will not get a refund to CC. Beware.

elinam2
9/23/14

Beware. These guys ship usps. I had an address change and the usps wanted an additional 20 dollars for delivery which I refused. I emailed them 3 times with the new address and was assured it was going to be reshipped. A month later, still no order. I emailed again only to get the following email Stephen Guinane, Sep 23 10:29:
Hi Elina,

Thank you for reaching out.

I’m happy to clarify our shipping options for you. As I look at this order the economy package is being used. Most items ship via UPS but the Economy option ships via UPS SurePost (final delivery made by USPS).

If you select Economy shipping at the checkout and later need to make an amendments to your shipping address or to request a Will Call or other form of interception, we will be unable to do this. Sadly, we only have this option for orders that ship via UPS. USPS may request additional costs if they're able to alter an address in transit.

Apologies for the trouble but next day shipping was not selected at the checkout.

To find out more about our shipping, please visit

This in their opinion constitutes as resolution..

billp43
9/15/14

Ordered a Shirt online. First out of stock, then they ship me Towels for some guy in Texas.
I called and emailed customer service and was told basically everyone makes mistakes.
In order to get my shirt, I had to print a label off their site and send the towels back. Once they receive the towels and check the condition...I will receive a refund on my order and then I can re-order the Shirt....WTF....it is all their fault and not only did I not get my shirt, but I am the one that had to go out of my way to ship their mistake back!
I saw some really nice looking items on their site, but with all the comments about their poor customer service and my experience, I am dome with Gilt and everyone else should be too!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!!!!!

dawnh18
9/15/14

I have purchased items for a long time on Gilt.Com and achieved "Premier Member" status. Prior to today, I had only a few complaints about product defects but no complaints about their willingness to take the returns. After the most recent experience I will no longer use them. I purchased a rather pricey home decor item July 24th. Since that time, the screen has always shown "Estimated delivery Jul 28, 2014 to Jul 29, 2014". Over the next 7 weeks I called four times. With the first two calls the customer service reps said there was an unexpected 3rd party vendor delay; the third call rep stated that the 3rd party vendor had a "lead time" of 40 days from order date; and the fourth call rep stated that due to a "computer glitch", an originally predicted delivery date of September 19th (57 days out) was not relayed. From my perspective, only one of these explanations can be true, and the reps seem to be saying whatever appeases the customer and gets them off the phone. Further, I see that this 3rd party vendor continues to be advertised on the website without any notice of any "lead time" to warn future customers.

leond22
9/4/14

terrible customer service, no refunds and very long delivery times. How is this site still in business? Stay away from it!!!

saraa21
9/4/14

Loved this place! I got unreal prices here, and everything is such incredible quality!!!
This Dolan jacket I bought for $26 was over $200 on other sites...it's unreal! Would definitely shop again!

stacyr19
8/31/14

I have a strong hunch that most of the items that suggest they are from the designer are actually either "inspired" by the designer's style but made by someone else OR a lower standard knockoff possibly made by the designer exclusively for Gilt. If you read the fine print, it tells you to check the FAQs to understand what is meant by 'slash through pricing'. There is just something about this site that doesn't seem right. Can anyone shed any light on this thought? For instance, how is it possible to be on a waitlist for something that is 80% off unless they're simply manufacturing it again and, if so, could they really already predict that the new inventory will be 80% off?

angieb10
8/22/14

My first purchase was a chandelier and it had missing crystals. It took about 3 weeks to get them, but love the light fixture but hated the hassle.

My second purchase was 2 outdoor lounge chaise chairs. They were finally scheduled to deliver 3 days past the time frame, but no big deal. My delivery; however, has been a NIGHTMARE! I received one box which ended up being a California King Headboard!?!?!? WTH?

So after multiple calls and emails to both HomeDirect USA (delivery idiots) and Gilt (clueless people) I still have a headboard sitting on my back deck (box is now destroyed due to numerous rain storms and I can't lift it to the garage nor do I feel like I need to) I get an email finally today that, OOOPPS, sorry we can't get your items. Basically, sorry about your luck.

And I still have this stupid headboard on my back deck that I keep asking them to pick up. This company is a joke. I'd rather pay quadruple price for an item I can actually get than this run around, BS.

ADIOS Gilt...oh and by the way, social media is a wonderful thing for upset customers. Next....making all my friends and family aware on Facebook and Twitter.

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The prices are great, but you won't get the merchandise.

jayj29
8/22/14

MOST UNTRUSTWORTHY COMPANY EVER!!
I wish I had seen SiteJabber before buying from this company. They are very dishonest. As other posters have indicated they engage in false and misleading product description. They have refused to accept a return of the product and further even refused to provide a manager contact when I requested an escalation of my compliant. Based on this product description:
"Astor Sofa Set:
Set of two sofas
Durable powder-coated cast aluminum frame construction"
I purchased the product. What they delivered was 2 halves of one sofa which have to be connected by with a clip to create one sofa. Their rep said 'each piece is a sofa.' Apparently in Gilt math 2x .5 = 2. If I could give them ZERO stars I would. I encourage everyone to report them to the NY Attorney General's Office. When enough complaints build-up they will be investigated and hopefully shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop there. The false production description will mislead you into buying over-priced products which you can find elsewhere at MUCH cheaper prices.

tinaa13
8/21/14

This site is HORRIBLE!!!! I bought a deal for a car service roundtip to the airport and right before my trip they send me an email saying sorry but we are refunding your deal. No explanation why. On top of that I had to wait 5 business days for the money to return to my account. I was left with no ride to the airport and down $100 before my vacation. Will NEVER use this site again!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE!!

laurenl14
8/12/14

Review of Gilt.com
HORRIBLE , horrible horrendous horrendous (x100) shopping site.
The prices on the actual goods are way marked up; e.g. I compared on other sites..the prices for some of the goods are more expensive (apparently discounted) than the RRP.

They also scam you on shipping and falsely advertise a 'flat rate' but when you don't buy above a certain amount; the shipping 'automatically' increases.

Stick to the more reputable online sites which there are plenty of.....don't waste your time and money with GILT. Doesn't get any worse than this!!

leannes7
7/31/14

Hi, I am in Australia and purchase from Gilt. Have been pretty happy with some of the clothes I have purchased, fortunately I know my US size. The other thing I like is that it was easy to call them via telephone when I got a different colour of a Rachel Pally dress I ordered, I told them it was not a colour I would wear. I was concerned due to their 'no return policy'. however was really surprised when the girl said no problem, she could see that I was sent the wrong colour and said unfortunately there were no more in the colour I wanted. So I asked if they could arrange postage so I could return the dress, she said no don't worry, "Keep the dress anyway" and they would credit my account back with the cash I paid. AND they did! Great as this colour suits my sister-in-law, so she gets it and is very happy! Makes me one happy customer and a 'popular' sister-in-law!!

jenniferh57
7/28/14

Like many other reviewers, when I contacted customer dis-service, all I got was the rep VERY SLOWLY regurgitating what was on the website. No help, no answers and NO resolution.

jmw
7/22/14

one of the worst businesses I have ever had to work with. They do not honor any of their vouchers and have horrible consumer relations

donnam38
7/21/14

Terrible company who lies about the product. I was promised tickets for a Yankee game that I bought for my mother's 75th birthday. The game was rained out...The gilt.com Representative assured us that we could go to a game in the 2014 season. NOW they are denying us the tickets. I even have an email from Jon Andres( their rep) stating we could get another game in 2014. BUYER BEWARE!! They took $300 from us and we never got to go to the game. They shouldn't even get 1 star. Donna

dans81
7/21/14

As a "one time FAVOR" they returned the credit they applied to my account to my card for a pair of shoes that were way small. As a Favor I will not use there site again in order not to invonvenience them. Get real.

chicow
7/20/14

I question gilts commitment to customer service given 30 day shipment fulfillment. I feel drop shipment sales with no return policy benefits only gilt. Heck of a business plan but I canceled my membership, I get better treatment from janky ole eBay.

kathleenm27
7/19/14

Beautiful merchandise with good prices BUT watch out for the shipping/handling prices and the return policy. Also, c'mon Gilt, NO OTHER WEBSITE makes you put in your credit card number before they let you test your coupon code. I refuse to put in my credit card number before I know whether or not I'm going to purchase an item, and whether or not I can use a coupon code makes all the difference.

I ended up using Live Chat to find out that my coupon code wasn't valid (rather than entering in my Visa card number, then the coupon code, which is what the Gilt website requires in order to find out whether the coupon code works). So I did not purchase the item (a $35 throw pillow with $9.95 S/H--no way!) and wasted my time to boot.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone ordered furniture and how was your experience?
1/6/13
rachelr4
A: Who is scooping up all the expensive designer clothing within minutes of the start of a sale? 10 minutes after a Reem Acra sale started and only 2 items are available. I've gone to the site just a minute or 2 after the start of a sale and everything will be sold or reserved. What's the story here? Not that I can afford any of these dresses, just curious who is buying them all up so fast!
1/11/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Gilt