US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chamk

I can't say anything about the customer service because I never felt the need to reach them. (in 150 reviews)

heatherb

The one bad thing about this site is the return policy. (in 37 reviews)

erikah2

I have never had a problem with a return, but then, I don't have a problem with receiving store credit from this site. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

williamsc17
7/2/15

great nice work

nancyg37
7/2/15

I wish shipping was quicker...That said, I have had GREAT customer service!

ss136
6/29/15

When they send you emails offering a discount off they should honor them-instead customer service said differently-she then asked me to forward email but I've never heard back

aliciak10
6/27/15

I messaged Gilt City's customer service and with in an hour they responded as well as resolved my minor problem. They were very polite and quick to respond

adamn26
6/25/15

Warning: I urge anyone and everyone to simply avoid this site. I learned the hard way. I purchased two watches from Gilt. Neither were as advertised. The watches were missing links, contained way too many scratches and smudges to be considered "Excellent Condition." I contacted Gilt via phone, email, twitter - spoke with customer service specialists - all to no avail. Listen closely - THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. It's as if there is a cheat sheet of practiced, canned, and rehearsed lines that they simply answer with REGARDLESS on what you're saying. It's pathetic, deceitful, and very simply the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Not only do they refuse to produce a refund, they have the hubris to essentially say "we're positive we are right, you are wrong" and will not even inspect or look into the issues. I have nothing to gain from sharing this experience other than to help others. Please Please trust me. Do not use this website - you'll regret it.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. The Worst Customer Service Experience I've ever had in 25 years of existence.

joannel21
6/25/15

I am a Gilt Noir Insider customer and have spent a lot of money throughout the years and so I thought they would honor my complaint and provide a refund. However I was severely mistaken. I have been scammed. I purchased a preowned Chanel bag which was advertised as "excellent condition" but when I received the bag it was in poor condition. It had clear signs of wear and tear with stitching loose on the bag and a tear on the handle. The leather was worn out and there are stratches on bag. The definition of "excellent condition" is listed on the gilt website as "minor signs of handling". Tear, loose stitching, faded leather throughout and scratches which are clearly visible is not minor. After contacting Gilt several times and also sending pictures evidencing the imperfections, they still refused to provide a refund. I am now going through my credit card company to dispute the charges and in the process of filing a formal conplaint against the company for false advertisement. They have lost me as a customer including my friends who work in fashion and cannot believe the condition of the bag! Please do not buy from Gilt as I don't want anyone to have to go through what I am going through now.

carol-annc
6/22/15

It is a real pleasure shopping with you. Thank you so much for understanding that not all orders are received and what I have expected. Everyone ....operators are kind. Well spoken.
Thank you for letting me send cancellation notices and receive such quick turn around.

michellef45
6/21/15

I had accidentally placed an order while checking the total price of an item with a promo code. There was no cancel button option so I hurriedly emailed customer service to ask for the order to be canceled (this happened after reg office hrs. and I had no option to speak to a live CS rep). I was in a bit of a panic as I was not sure if somebody would be able to read my email immediately. I sent @giltservice a tweet as well, but saw in my inbox that the CS team had already emailed me back to inform me the order had been successfully canceled! Very pleased with the Customer Service I received tonight. Thank you Gilt!!!

allisonl24
6/15/15

Six months after purchase the above item stopped working. Period. Treated it as a lamp: turned it on and off. That's it. On calling to complain they simply said it was purchased too long ago and offered their - apparently standard - $10 credit. Why on EARTH would I buy something ELSE from them? I'm sorry, but six months is simply too short a time for a lamp to stop working. Was it used? Refurbed? Cheap? Don't know, do know I expect more. Based on all the reviews I now read below, this is their modus operandi. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY ARE NOT HONEST MERCHANTS AND DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS.

yumik3
6/15/15

Special promotional discount did not work, but customer service representative manually applied the discount and solved the problem. Meantime my cart stayed in tact. Except the small computer glitch, everything was all right. I do lots of online shopping, and Gilt is my most favorite because I feel Gilt does care about fashion and it is unlike some other sites, not merely a discount store but fashion site with good pricing.

valentinak
6/11/15

I have ordered from this site many times.
All in order and delivered within time framed indicated.

nancyc60
6/8/15

Although my order fulfillment experience was a poor one, the customer service staff has been amazing. Each time I wrote, each time I called - they supported me with diligence and professionalism. I think Gilt's customer model is one many companies should follow and learn from. I don't think it's a service center in Hyderabad or the Philippines that's for sure. Anyways, I appreciate Paddy and James very much - and because of them I would order from Gilt again because I know they have my back as a customer. Thank you, Gilt.

lindad68
6/4/15

I am a Gilt Noir member. I ordered a nonreturnable item. When the package arrived it was not the item I ordered. I sent an email explaining my situation. Within 4 minutes I received a reply from Andrew, Customer Service Specialist. He initiated the return and provided a link so I could print the return confirmation and shipping label. After I replied and thanked him he followed up to be sure if I had any future problems I knew how to contact Gilt via live chat, phone or email I have always found Gilt.com customer service to be excellent.

tillyw
6/4/15

Cheap but fancy.This is the place to go when I go shopping

yelenag
6/1/15

I shop on gilt.com frequently, and I've always been happy with the service I get. The one time I received something defective (a bent umbrella) they were very apologetic and let me keep it for free. I love the products... a lot of this stuff I'd never be able to afford if shopping at regular designer retail stores. I don't care if it's especially made for gilt, I'm happy with the quality and love how it looks.

ianh51
5/30/15

Exceptionally friendly helpful prompt service Andy is awesome. Purchases were more than satisfactory. I will be back

michellel75
5/29/15

Great customer service and products. Great sales when you can catch one, but I have spent small island nation amounts and Gilt has the best couture collection as well

landonb12
5/27/15

They sent me a non-polarized version of Ray-Bans when the price and picture clearly showed a Polarized version. The version they sent me was $41 less on their website; customer service claimed I was wrong with a screenshot of a different product. Offered a store credit, minus shipping, not a full refund. Situation may constitute false advertising and fraud. Waiting back from Gilt customer service to respond fully to the situation; hopefully will be able to positively update this review if and when they decide to fully rectify the problem.

davidb285
5/24/15

Never, ever, ever buy a vintage watch or anything of significant value from Gilt. We bought a vintage Breitling watch knowing that there was to be no return and a 1 year warranty. Upon receipt of the watch, however, it did not work at all. Though we thought it would be an easy process to return and receive a refund given the fact that it never worked, we were sorely mistaken. They responded that,at this price point, we do not take returns. You will have to go through the warranty process." We were awestruck by this response, initiated a dispute with our credit card company and continued to contact Gilt to see if we could find ANYONE with their head screwed on straight. Finally, after 3 weeks and informing them that they had committed fraud under the NY consumer fraud act, they finally decided to issue us a return slip as a result of their 3-5 day decision panel....

sy981
5/23/15

Beware final sale items! I've gotten some items that hold up well, but others are a complete mess. One shirt that I bought ripped the first time I tried it on. Another dress also is ripping around the bust area (and I am not at all busty), that I periodically have to sew back together. Another time I bought an item that the website listed as made in France, but when I opened the package was actually made in Vietnam. Today I received a ring that looked nice on the website but when it arrived looked like a teenager's craft project and already dinged up. All items were either final sale or not worth incurring the cost of sending back.
They wheel you in with "points" that you can redeem but honestly, the quality of their items are such a gamble that I am going to cut my losses and stop purchasing items from Gilt.
Such a nice concept of an upscale discount retailer, but the execution leaves much to be desired. Vet the quality of your items or provide a better return policy and I might come back, but as it stands there are better on-line retailers.

jasonw81
5/22/15

After shopping a few times and going through all the hassels just to cancel and return my orders at Gilt, I decided not to buy anything from this website anymore and found them not trustworthy. Make sure you do research before you purchase anything from that awful website ! They often deceive people that they are selling stuffs at a hugh discount price but often they sell stuffs at a retail price or very slightly cheaper than retail, sometimes even more expensive. For example currently they are selling a "vintage" in other word, used LV backpack at $2299 and it is listed at $2370 on official LV website. It is such a ripoff and it took me so many hours to cancel my final sale order and they kept saying there are nothing they could do but they eventually cancelled my order which proved that they could easily cancel it and made me go thru so many phone calls and hours of chatting... Dont buy anything from Gilt.

jenniferh89
5/22/15

This site sold me a fake gucci purse and when I tried to remove myself from their email list they continue to spam me with multiple daily emails. I have unsubscribed from their list at least 5 times and they continue to spam me daily.

jont32
5/21/15

My daughter was thoughtful to send her mom flowers on Mother's Day. When the package arrived at our house we could see that she had ordered them with my AMEX account through the gilt.com website. When we unpacked them we saw that the flowers were "dead-on-arrival." Even trimming the stems and placing them in water for several hours did not resurrect them. When we called the gilt.com customer service department and explained the situation they refused to offer any remedial action, either replacement flowers or a refund. They told us that they needed to speak with the person who placed the order first. I explained that the order was placed on MY credit card account and they still didn't offer to help. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

michellem92
5/18/15

Customer’s beware of making purchases on Gilt! This is my experience. I had purchased the Gucci Soho Leather purse in “Off White” $1338.95. The Gucci purse that was pictured on the Gilt website was the exact SAME picture that is on the Gucci website. The color on the Gucci website is also referred to as “Off White”. The purse that I received from Gilt was a Khaki/Putty(?) color and the stitching of the “signature” gucci “CC” was the same color. Please see the pictures. The purse should be an “off white” (almost white)color with light tan stitching. I emailed my compliant and pictures of comparison of the two purses and Gilt apparently CAN’T/does not want to see the difference. I requested a refund, it was denied, they said “final sale". The purse I purchased is not the one that is pictured on their website. I brought in the this Gilt “Gucci” purse to the Gucci store, they do not sell a color such as the one that Gilt sold me and does not look at all like the “off white” purse that they sell in their store. I contacted Gucci US and the ONLY websites that are authorized to sell Gucci products are Saks, Bergdorf, Neimans, Nordstrom and Net-a-Porter. This deception to their customers is shameful. And to say they can’t see a difference in the two purses when it’s been verified by the Designer themselves is deceitful. Gilt is not an honest company. I am thankful for social media to get the word out there, I’ve only just begun. What a nightmare, just to save $300, not worth it!! Sure wish I would have checked out SiteJabber first. No wonder Gilt has a 39% rating!!

Hi Michelle,

I am writing to you today regarding your experience with Gilt. I can see from your Sitejabber review that you are unhappy with the service you received.

I have taken a look at the order and can see that we previously did not allow a return on this. The reasons for this were because we felt the bag you received matched the sale page. All our items are quality controlled and we take our own photos of the items also.

Ofcourse I can understand that we may be seeing this all wrong. You can always forward more pictures to us if you wish for us to take another look. The previous photos have a shadow over them. Maybe if you provided a pic with better lighting it may help?

Best regards,
James
Customer Service Specialist

James,

Correct, I am unhappy that you, James, are not allowing me to return this “looks like” Gucci bag to Gilt. Final Sale, I understand, if I get what I paid for, but I didn't. Again, you are not addressing the real issue. Stop blaming pictures.

1. The purse Gilt sent me is NOT the purse that is pictured on your GILT website
2. That picture on your website was pulled directly from the GUCCI website.
3. The khaki/putty color purse GILT sent me is not even sold in the GUCCI store.
4. With the “Off White” purse, it could not be more clearly made with the stitching on the purse. Again, James, the GILT purse stitching is the exact same color as the purse. The REAL GUCCI purse has the tan contrasting stitching!
5. GILT IS NOT AN AUTHORIZED GUCCI DEALER!! (see email from GUCCI below)

My intent on SiteJabber, James, is to WARN all consumers of your company, I made a $1300.00 mistake, hopefully this is helpful to someone.

From: Gucci US <assistance@US-onlineshopping.gucci.com>
Subject: Gucci Online Request (EL) [REF:113059256454]
Date: May 15, 2015 at 2:15:15 PM PDT
To: mc.com
Reply-To: assistance@US-onlineshopping.gucci.com
Return-Path: <assistance@US-onlineshopping.gucci.com>

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for contacting Gucci.com.

Please note that we do not authorize the sale of Gucci products online except on our website. The only other websites that are authorized to sell Gucci products are saksfifthavenue.com, bergdorfgoodman.com, neimanmarcus.com, nordstrom.com and net-a-porter.com.

We cannot guarantee that Gucci products purchased on any other websites are authentic nor is there a department or store which can fulfill your inquiry.

For other general inquiries or to view Gucci's online terms of sale, please feel free to visit the Assistance section on our website.

Sincerely,
Gucci

---- Original Message ----
Dear Customer Service,

I have been a loyal customer of Gucci for the past 15 years. We love Gucci. Just recently I made a big mistake. I purchased the Gucci Soho Leather Bag in Off White from a company online named Gilt to save $300. Unfortunately, the color looks nothing like the “off white” bag in the Gucci Store. It’s almost like a Khaki color. Please see pictures below.

But yet the Gilt online store is using your Gucci picture in order sell their Gucci Soho Leather Bag in Off White:

Is Gucci aware of this company doing this sort of advertising? Is Gucci Company the actual supplier of this bag that I purchased from Gilt? And yes, I will only be making my purchases from Gucci from this day forward.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

My apologies again for this. I know how frustrating a situation like this can be.

I would like to stress that we do guarantee that all our items are authentic. We sourced this Gucci bag from a trusted independent supplier which was stated on the sale page. This item was then quality controlled by our team in Kentucky, they would have made sure that all the style numbers and features matched.

Once the item has passed quality control we will then bring it forward to the photo shoot. I understand why one would think the photo on the Gucci website and our website are the same because they are very similar but I assure you they are not, I can have a side by side comparison emailed to you if you are still unsure. Also, because these items don't come in large numbers it is easy that the bag you saw on the sale page could have been the bag you received.

As I mentioned already, feel free to send us in more pictures if you wish. We do forward these onto our Luxury goods department to be reviewed and it is the best way to get a resolution. My apologies again Michelle for any disappointment caused.

All the Best,
James
Customer Service Specialist

May 20, 2015,

Dear James,

This is my last response to you James and my last pictures I will be posting. Again not addressing the true facts that have been stated:
1. GILT do not deliver to me the purse that was pictured on your website. Notice the stitching should be a TAN COLOR like the REAL GUCCI purse.
2. Your “trusted source” IS NOT AUTHORIZED by GUCCI to be selling their purses, therefore chances are they are FAKE!!

I will be filing my complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you’re familiar with them, oh yes, you’ve had 48 complaints with them in the past year. And Amex will be handling this for me hereafter. They have perfect pictures of what GILT was advertising and what they sent to me. Also, Ripoff Report, I should include that one as well!

Tip for consumers: Beware, not honest, final sales, don't stand by their products.

edwardc42
5/18/15

Had a problem applying my discount. Billed the full amount, it took three phone calls to straighten out, but it finally was, and the customer service people were unfailingly pleasant and courteous.

anac27
5/14/15

It is the second time I had to contact costumer service regarding Gilt orders and once again the service was impeccable. I appreciate the promptness in replying my e-mail. Thank you so much.

jillv3
5/14/15

Charged me once when I purchased shoes from them and then again when they shipped. Called them and they stated the other charge should fall off in 3-5 business days!? I have never had this happen with any other online site. This is my first and last time I will buy anything from GILT.

emilyg32
5/12/15

The GILT team is awesome to work with even when an item you ordered is not what you expected. They will work with customers to ensure satisfaction.

Excellent customer service!

linam8
5/10/15

I always find excellent, unique products whether for the home or personal use. Exceptional and professional customer service. My inquiries are always answered on time. I love gilt! Thank you and keep up the good work!

mariad44
5/8/15

I purchased a sweater on April 12, 2015 and was promised delivery by no later than May 4, 2015. May 4th has come and gone-no sweater! I emailed them and told them to cancel the order. I received a reply the next day telling me that my order had been cancelled. No apologies or anything-just 'we cancelled your order'. I am done with them- I do not like doing business with stores that do not have a flexible return policy anyway!

michellez7
5/7/15

They were able to make the change I needed to my order.

tinak21
4/27/15

I first bought a sun umbrella that was listed at $300 and with some discount something I got a good deal. I thought. It was so bad! It didn't have a strap to tie it down when you are not using it. But it is so heavy I didn't think it was worth returning.

I now bought a bath cabinet and I just put it together.. It is again under expectation quality. I can't even get the screws to tighten and the door is hanging on its hinges...

Don't know what to do since I put it together! Awful!
I'm stopping shopping at gilt!

saikats1
4/18/15

I had an excellent experience dealing online (using email) on a billing question. Andrew from customer support researched the issue and send a detail explanation within 15 minutes. I am a happy customer. Thanks Andrew.

gailb31
4/17/15

Answered and made it happen within 5 minutes.

nataliek13
4/16/15

The tracking system said that my package had been delivered, but it was no where to be found. Gilt Customer Service was amazing. I emailed the team and within 24 hours I received a response with a solution that better than expected. The Customer Support team is attentive, helpful, and have customer satisfaction in mind!

evelynt4
4/6/15

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the customer service provided by Gilt. I ordered several things from your company and two of the arrived damage. Your customer service department via Chat, immediately made the adjustments and put me at the top of the waitlist for the item in the future. It took all of 5 minutes of my time... What an awesome way to ensure that you keep customers coming back. I am hooked on Gilt!!!!!

barbarap26
4/2/15

Hi Gilt Friends,

I placed an order during the Rebecca Minkoff event last week, and erroneously left my old apartment address in the shipping field. I contacted customer support, and your representative, Maureen Finnin, helped me promptly, efficiently, and kindly. She even retroactively applied a coupon that I realized I had received just minutes before the sale began, saving me an additional 30%! I could not have been happier with her commitment to customer satisfaction, and she has greatly increased the likelihood that I will order from Gilt again in the very near future!

irism10
3/30/15

Customer service was extremely thoughtful and helpful when I screwed up an order. I have ordered many items from Gilt and have never been disappointed

michellew60
3/29/15

The return process is too lengthy & you cannot get a refund just a credit. It takes almost a month to get your credit. Do not shop here. They used to be much easier to process a return. Not so anymore. Way to many sites out there that are much consumer friendly!!!

scottm102
3/28/15

I recently contacted support for Gilt Groupe to ask them to return a chair that was supposed to be non-returnable, but was defective.

Andrew in Customer Service was so easy to work with and a really great communicator. He helped resolve the issue quickly.

I am very happy and satisfied customer!

fk6
3/27/15

was having an issue with the website and was flustered by not able to get the page to load up, send email to customer service and within 20 minutes they sent the return forms, i was impressed.

ar5685
3/26/15

Bought prada saffiano cuir double bag, which was confirmed to be counterfeit by professional authenticating company (Authenticate4u). After taking longer than the promised 7 day period, gilt refused to accept a return. Contemplating legal action.

rachelr21
3/20/15

It was unclear that my items were unable to be returned with a refund. When I purchased the item, a note came up informing me that my item is able to be returned. I assumed this meant I could get the money back that I paid for the item. This was an incorrect assumption. You can only get your money back if you paid over $199 for the item and this is at a fee. This is pretty unreasonable that I could ONLY get "gilt credit". After speaking with a customer service rep, I was able to return the item once and then informed of the correct policy. Now that I understand, I do not plan on shopping with Gilt again.

mattr39
3/19/15

Just had a horrific customer service experience with your company today. Had a $10 "Insider" merchandise credit because of my prior purchases and a 30% off promo that was mailed to me. Tried to use them on a toaster that I saw on the site, and the site would not take both. Figured that if I talked to customer service via your chat window this would be taken care of quickly. How wrong I was!!! The first rep named Ellen said that I could not combine 2 offers and that she could not do anything for me. Escalated the issue to a supervisor name Cian who gave me the same baloney policy. Then had to escalate the issue yet again to a manager named Mike. He then gave me the same old nonsense. However, I insisted that he come up with an acceptable resolution to the problem. After about 30 minutes of going back and forth with reps, supervisors, and managers, he finally did the right thing and issued the $10 as a credit (as opposed to what you guys are calling a "promo") so that I could use the 30% off promotion as well. Any reasonable retailer (Macy's, Banana Republic, Bloomingdales, etc) would have done just that in the first 2 minutes. It shouldn't take 30 minutes of arguing to buy a toaster. I have had several friends tell me that they have stopped using Gilt because of issues just like this, and I'm really starting to see why. Get it together guys, you are supposed to be a "luxury" retailer.

jessicas83
3/16/15

I received such wonderful service through gilt. I received an order that was partly damaged upon arrival. When I emailed the customer serv department, I was given a sincere apologie and the problem was corrected immediately. Thank you gilt!

lizp20
3/15/15

I received an item I wasn't completely satisfied with and they accepted the return without hassle.

robertw134
3/15/15

I ordered an item on line, received confirmation that the order was accepted, only two receive an email later in the day that they could not fulfill the order. I check the website again, see that the item is still showing available, go through the order process again, only to get the same email later that they can't fulfill the order. Then I go on, order the item in a different color only to receive the wrong item. I checked their website and check - the order acknowledgement was for the shirt I ordered, not the shirt they sent. Then I have to jump through hoops to get a refund.

judym30
3/14/15

Purchased a chandalaire from Guilt. Hired electrician to install said chandalaire. (200.00)
Electrician left put light bulbs in and the 2 sockets are defective. Gilt will not replace the light and will not reimburse the cost of the electrician.

ralucas
3/13/15

I ordered the rylan boots in January. Only when I received shipping confirmation I realized that I did not update my address with Gilt. I tracked my shipment with USPS and the last entry, which was not updated for 2 months showed that the package arrived at the past USPS facility but I never received the package. I was in several interactions with the Gilt team where they tried to track the shipment. Finally we all gave up and Gilt reimbursed the cost. Surprisingly enough 2 months after gilt shipped the package I finally received it. Of course I immediately informed the gilt team and I wanted to pay but they generously declined to compensate for the trouble. During this episode all my interactions w the gilt team were professional, very polite and helpful

lawrenceh28
3/12/15

I had an issue with the wrong shipping address and I was help immediately and I'm very grateful

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone ordered furniture and how was your experience?
1/6/13
Answer
daniellej4
A: Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.
4/1/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Has anyone purchased any artwork from Guilt? Are you satisfied with the canvas quality?
3/31/15
Answer
carlac17
A: I bought the iCanvas Rain Clouds Triptych by Julian Spencer (Canvas). They are Ok... in my opinion, it looks cheap if seen too close. The wood frame is to thin which also makes it look cheap. I don't think the canvases are worth the original price marked in Gilt.
5/12/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

16 Photos for Gilt