US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

tommyd17

In that time I've had nothing but respectful customer service, And a pleasant experience. (in 14 reviews)

th437

Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". (in 41 reviews)

patrickt26

I've done business with them for 2 years now, started with $500.00 credit line and they've upped it regularly. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lisas44
1/4/12

First of all i just wanted to say this company has been incredible to me. They approved me when no one else would, and i thought they would be as high priced as fingerhut but they are NOT!!! I purchased a 42 inch TV from Gettington, and i got it cheaper than Best Buy and 200.00 cheaper than fingerhut. This was my fourth purchase with them, they have good interest rates (14% if you pay off within 4 months or 19% if you pay off over 2 years or less depending on how much you spend) and are very dependable with name brands. Thank you Gettington for not taking a HUGE advantage of people who are just starting out with credit!

krisc7
1/2/12

I was pleased at first - ordered a heater that arrived in a timely fashion and worked quite well. Needed another, so ordered it.

I was sent a used, filthy, smoky heater. So, I email and ask them to send a return shipping label and that I would like to exchange it for another heater - figured I would give them a chance to make it right; perhaps someone just didn't do their job on the return end.

They flat out refused to pay return shipping. I have it written in email - even though they sent me a used item they will not accept responsibility in any way. I plan on filing a complaint with my state Attorney General and never doing business with these people again!

th437
12/26/11

Stop being so picky! In my line of business I have found that most people want things for free. Nag, nag, nag. I viewed this website and catalog to find that many of the items I wanted were lower priced at getting ton compared to my local department store and electronic centers. Getting ton runs sales the same as the locals do. Are they pulling your arm to buy? think not. I ordered $600 worth of items from them, all items cheaper than the locals, they arrived in 3 days with free shipping. Unlike Sony, and best buy and amazon who sent me an email that "we are sorry, although you have paid for your item and we told you your item was in stock we were mistaken. Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". Getting ton was my hero for Christmas. Thanks getting on!

jb38
12/15/11

"Customer Disservice" is what they should admit they offer. USPS changed our ZIP code, and we still wrestle with 50% of sites accepting the new ZIP, 50% accepting the old ZIP. I was to receive a call back from a specialist within 48 hours, never did. Then called back and spoke with "Joe" [#134] who was nice at first, then turned nasty. He claimed that of 10 supervisors, none were available, and I could not hold to speak with a supervisor. While he initially admitted he understood that their website was causing the issue by auto-standardizing the address [makes sense for shipping address, but billing address - why?], and then tried to tell me I should update the ZIP code to make this purchase, regardless of the havoc it would wreak on every other auto-payment for the websites that aren't currently recognizing the new ZIP code. Dude, I get that it's a non-standard situation, but that does not give you the right to be a jerk to a customer. And the idea that no one is available or will call you back? Inexcusable! So, instead of getting my money, they'll get a bunch of negative reviews on how they treat people. Awesome marketing decision, Gettington!

ewap
11/17/11

So I received catalog with pre-approved credit, with 3 different payments options, I was like this is great, before the Holidays, but guess what, after placing the order I get an email that I am not approved for credit, I asked why then I received a catalog stating pre- approved their asnwer was... pre-qualified doesn't mean pre-approved, can you imagine that gizzz what a b...l s... t company .... I sent them the picture of the catalog that I received but after reading these reviews I am glad the order did not got through!!!!!

karens21
10/14/11

I was turned down for credit with Gettington with a 600 credit score. I don't know how that person with a score in the 400's got approved. Both my TU and EQ scores took hard hits from their so called "Pre-approved" offer. I have two wait two weeks now to find out via snail mail why I was turned down. I sure won't be recommending this company!

michaelt20
10/7/11

Overpriced stuff, yes. But what do you expect from a company focused on people with no credit. I was approved for a $2000 line of credit through this company when my FICO was 425. Having a revolving line of credit has allowed me to increase my score above 620 and I was recently approved for a mortgage. I have to say that charging more to customers who represent a higher credit risk is not greed, it is self preservation. The earlier comment about a cordless drill being cheaper at the home center doesn't matter. Most of us using this site could never get approved for the home centers credit to get the better deal, and because they take customers with bad credit most of them probably default on their purchases which is why they charge more. All in all I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking to rebuild their score.

lorim5
9/26/11

I tend to disagree with above reviewers. I ordered a ring from them and recieved it in a timely manner. I paid well below retail as well. Retail would have been $375.00 while I only paid $150.00. I would recommend the site :)

johns147
6/4/11

I am tired of the same con style "pre-approved credit" with over priced items. I did comparisons and found this company to be approx. 25% higher than retail (in the store items. Shipping is excessive also. Another cheap (as in: marketing those who don't undertsand or have credit problems) gimmick is what this is...taking advantage of people when times aren't the best, referring to our state of the economy. To help and be a good company...then reduce prices and have good quality merchandise. A DeWaltt chordless drill went for $149.00 in this catatlogue and $119.00 at the local home improvement center. Greed by others is what led to our current national economic situation. Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get. I think I may someday offer a catalogue service but with prices that will make people feel good about their purchase and want to return and appreciate getting a deal...and not getting ripped off by insensitive company representatives whose job it is to protect the company versus looking out of the struggling consumer. Before making purchases...google it! Then you decide who can do best for you...not better but best!

joannk
2/26/11

Ordered a shoe storage bench. Arrived in a timely manner however, they sent 3 of them. Called "customer service" and they immediately claimed responsibility for the error and said that mailing lables to return the additional 2 would arrive in 7-10 days. Once received, they would refund the amount of the 2 benches. I let them know that this was unacceptable that I should not have to pay for their mistake. Asked to speak with a manager . . . none available. Said I could leave a message and would get a call in 48 hours! Again, unacceptable. That was 36 hours ago & no call. Emailed their "customer service" department with concern and again a 48 hour response time. Received an instant "reply email" informing me it would be longer. Bottom line, their "customer service" is of NO service to the customer. In addition, the bench I ordered for $169. barely worth $69. Poor quality, directions & appearance! Beware of this company. There are other online companies offering the same type products that are responsible & reliable to do business with.

danaf1
1/28/11

Placed an order for a Grandma necklace with 3 birthstones on Dec. 18. Was charged over $10 for shipping and handling. Received email stating shipped on Jan. 5th today is Jan. 28th and there is still no necklace. Customer Service was unable to say exactly what happened to item and offerred to refund our money. I told representative that I hope that the credit does not take as long as trying to get our item. I told her that I would monitor my account for the refund and contact them again if it was not received.