US Government's NSF

Gettington reviews

56 Reviews for Gettington.com

▼ Sort by: recent

10/14/11

I was turned down for credit with Gettington with a 600 credit score. I don't know how that person with a score in the 400's got approved. Both my TU and EQ scores took hard hits from their so called "Pre-approved" offer. I have two wait two weeks now to find out via snail mail why I was turned down. I sure won't be recommending this company!

10/7/11

Overpriced stuff, yes. But what do you expect from a company focused on people with no credit. I was approved for a $2000 line of credit through this company when my FICO was 425. Having a revolving line of credit has allowed me to increase my score above 620 and I was recently approved for a mortgage. I have to say that charging more to customers who represent a higher credit risk is not greed, it is self preservation. The earlier comment about a cordless drill being cheaper at the home center doesn't matter. Most of us using this site could never get approved for the home centers credit to get the better deal, and because they take customers with bad credit most of them probably default on their purchases which is why they charge more. All in all I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking to rebuild their score.

9/26/11

I tend to disagree with above reviewers. I ordered a ring from them and recieved it in a timely manner. I paid well below retail as well. Retail would have been $375.00 while I only paid $150.00. I would recommend the site :)

6/4/11

I am tired of the same con style "pre-approved credit" with over priced items. I did comparisons and found this company to be approx. 25% higher than retail (in the store items. Shipping is excessive also. Another cheap (as in: marketing those who don't undertsand or have credit problems) gimmick is what this is...taking advantage of people when times aren't the best, referring to our state of the economy. To help and be a good company...then reduce prices and have good quality merchandise. A DeWaltt chordless drill went for $149.00 in this catatlogue and $119.00 at the local home improvement center. Greed by others is what led to our current national economic situation. Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get. I think I may someday offer a catalogue service but with prices that will make people feel good about their purchase and want to return and appreciate getting a deal...and not getting ripped off by insensitive company representatives whose job it is to protect the company versus looking out of the struggling consumer. Before making purchases...google it! Then you decide who can do best for you...not better but best!

2/26/11

Ordered a shoe storage bench. Arrived in a timely manner however, they sent 3 of them. Called "customer service" and they immediately claimed responsibility for the error and said that mailing lables to return the additional 2 would arrive in 7-10 days. Once received, they would refund the amount of the 2 benches. I let them know that this was unacceptable that I should not have to pay for their mistake. Asked to speak with a manager . . . none available. Said I could leave a message and would get a call in 48 hours! Again, unacceptable. That was 36 hours ago & no call. Emailed their "customer service" department with concern and again a 48 hour response time. Received an instant "reply email" informing me it would be longer. Bottom line, their "customer service" is of NO service to the customer. In addition, the bench I ordered for $169. barely worth $69. Poor quality, directions & appearance! Beware of this company. There are other online companies offering the same type products that are responsible & reliable to do business with.

1/28/11

Placed an order for a Grandma necklace with 3 birthstones on Dec. 18. Was charged over $10 for shipping and handling. Received email stating shipped on Jan. 5th today is Jan. 28th and there is still no necklace. Customer Service was unable to say exactly what happened to item and offerred to refund our money. I told representative that I hope that the credit does not take as long as trying to get our item. I told her that I would monitor my account for the refund and contact them again if it was not received.

The Best Shopping Sites Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber