US Government's NSF

Categories: Shopping

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

Customer service has always been pleasant and helpful. (in 20 reviews)

Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". (in 52 reviews)

I have been dealing with Gettington for 2 years and never had a problem with my orders. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

i have been A CUSTOMER SINCE DECEMBER 2012 bought several items always pay my bill on time now i order 3 items 2 of which were for a benefit for someone who has brain cancer i moved to a different apartment in the same adress changed my apartment number online and ordered my stuff got the order conformation and emails that said my order would be shipped however when i checked the next day 1 item had been shipped when the others had been cancelled icalled and they said the order was cancelled due to suspiciuos activity on my account because i changed apartment numbers on my account i assured them it was me and asked them to ship my order they asked me questions about myself and my account which i answered they told me that i had to mail a copy of my drivers license and utility bill to them to prove that i moved and they wound not ship until i did i asked them why i got the account i didnt have to show proof of were i lived and told them to cancel to 2 orders that didnt ship the 1 order that did ship the deliverly driver was walking to my door when he got a call not to give the package and i lost that 1 too its terrible that i have ordered and payed off several things with this company and always pay my bill i will never do business with them again

I bought a ASUS Computer off this site about 8 months ago biggest piece of $#*! I ever bought has NEVER worked!!!! Dont buy from this site they sell CRAP!!!!!!

i have made one order with this company 3 things 2 purses and an apple iphone. well they sent the wrong purse. and the phone they sent was broken from the inside. apple sd that it would never work. after many many calls; and messages with there warrenty comp. which is just -4 stars 7 months later i got a replacement phone great u would think but they sent me one that can be used in ireleland. well i live in ohio. they called wanting a payment i said sure when i get a working phone. i informed her that i had blew up my fb page about the comp. and warrentany comp. ccr. she became rude; down rite livid. now keep in mind i i have made calls to gettington itself and they said not there problem take it up with ccr. and many many contacts to to ccr they said they would send me the correct piece in 8-10 weeks. so we are now talking 8 wks; i set here with no working phone. as well as they lied to me, they said apple was able to be used with many carriers. that is why i went with apple i am with t-mobile and not a big fan wanted to change carriers. i found out from apple after soooo many different trips to t-mobile to get it activated went the 45 min. each way to apple store to find out it is only comppatable with t-mobile and att. i wanted to get off of t-mobile and already had att. i was wanting to try verizon. well still no phone working. oh its been so much frustration involved with this. i tried rite from the beganing to have them keep the phone and credit my acctt they said they would not do that. so if u are considering using i would reconsider. so not worth the drama. good luck to any one that is waiting for an order and pray that its going to be what u ordered. good luck.

I have used since November 2012, having placed 10 orders since then. I have never had any issues at all with this company. I must live close to a distribution center (I live in NE Ohio) because I have always received my purchases within 2-3 days of ordering them. That's almost as fast as Amazon, so I am pretty pleased. Products used to come with large stickers on them that were difficult to remove so it was difficult to give any of the items as gifts, but have not had this issue in the last few months, so I am assuming they adopted a new method. I have never had to call customer service about anything, because everything always arrived, and quickly. No issues with any of their products. I have been really happy with everything.

I don't have extensive experience with Gettington, but the orders I have placed have been processed promptly and delivered within the time frame promised.

I have only had one occasion to call their customer service department, and it was not because of a problem on their end. Briefly, where I live, we don't have carrier route delivery, so everyone has a PO box. But I ordered an item too big to be delivered to the PO box, and my 911 address (the closest thing we have to "street addresses" here) wouldn't validate in their system, so I had to call them.

The call was answered promptly, and the lady who answered (1) was American, and (2) immediately understood my problem. She entered a manual override for the shipping address and gave me free shipping on the order -- which was quite a bit due to the item's weight -- to compensate me for the slight inconvenience of my having to call them.

So truly, I have to say that I have no complaints about Gettington. Yes, their prices are a bit high (though much lower than, for example, Fingerhut); and yes, their interest is a bit high. But they also take chances with people whose credit is less-than-perfect, which is more than can be said of most retailers nowadays; and they tell you the exact amount your order is going to cost (including financing), based on your payment selection, before you even submit it. That's pretty honest, ethical, and transparent, in my opinion.

And by the way, no, I don't work for Gettington, nor do I have any financial interest in the company.

I received damaged items. The second headache was that they don't do electronic communications so I had to wait 2 weeks for them to physically mail me a return label. I sent it back and they said they never received it. 2 months later they keep stonewalling and I haven't received refund even though the tracking number says delivered. I did it through their credit option, so I can't even file a complaint with a credit card company.

Liars thieves charging me for something I never ever order from them they support china buy american give our people jobsdidn't order there stuff is junk

they allowed another person to use my credit card to make a purchase without my approval. This person didnt have the same name address phone number or anything, yet they allowed her to send the item to her address and her name without questions. when I discovered this charge, all they could say was that it wasn't their fault. Capitol one is not doing an investigation. Do not trust!!!!!!

Ordered a Google Nexus tablet. Received in a timely manner..however the packing was inadequate for an electronic device. When I picked up the box, the box inside containing the tablet rumbled. You would think this company would invest in some Styrofoam peanuts or bubble-wrap to stabilize the device. Just as I feared the tablet never even charged to turn on. I called manufacturer tech support and they confirmed the device is defective. Gettington customer support informed me that it would take 7-10 days to send me a return shipping label, another 7-10 days to process receipt, and should I decide that I'd like a replacement device it would take another 7-10 to ship it. So essentially a month to exchange the defective device. RUN..RUN..while you can!!

So far since December 2012 I have ordered well over 10 items ranging in price from $20 to $200 (Brother Printer/Scanner. Hoover Carpet Cleaner, headphones, jewelry, etc.) I have been EXTREMELY pleased with each and every item and the time frame in which each was received. I do not have one bad thing to say about this company.

I also want to note that I am NOT from their "Marketing Department" as one reviewer suggested.

Don't believe the 5 star reviews.. It's their marketing department trying to make them look better then they are. Anyways if you call this company expect 45 min hold times to speak to someone. If you email them expect 7-10 business day response delays. Overall this company is a big epic fail and you should go else were to the other 1 million online stores.

January 1st 2013 -order placed - email confirmation received

January 20th 2013 - emailed about a delay. New delivery February 20th

February 27th - emailed that the item is no longer available.

I don't really think I need to say more. If you can't fulfill an order promptly, let a customer know. Don't leave them hanging. Just reordered from a more professional seller.

I am someone who does a majority of holiday shopping online. Even if not the holiday, I enjoy the ease on online shopping. I have never experienced a more unprofessional, bait and switch, disaster of a shopping site! I order and item for the holiday well in advance (1st week Nov 2012) A month later when it has still not arrived I try to call-left on hold 20 minutes, I hang up. I try again the next day, same thing. I email and am told I will receive response in 24 to 48 hours- 4 days later- Nothing! Finally I use the chat (should have done that from beginning) It took 5 inutes of back and forth about my social security number to even get my question answered. Why does a company need your SSN? I said I shop online all the time and never did, nor would ever have to provide that info. He apologized, yet never had an answer as to why it was required. I never gave it. Finally I am told my shipment is back ordered until a week after the holidays. I am assured that I part of the shipment (the one thing I really need, a gift for a toddler) will arrive on or before Christmas. I did not believe the person. I said ok tried calling again. After 10 minutes I got through to someone and was told that the entire order(doll included) will be shipped 2nd week of January 2013. So the prior employees guarantee was false!! What if I believed him? I would have had a very disappointed little girl. I cancelled the order and am completely disgusted I wasted my time. Now, guess what? The doll is sold out everywhere! I had to pay double on Amazon just to get it. Thanks a lot You are a real waste of internet space!

Savvy shoppers can get a good deal. For Christmas gifts I got LOL Elmo, Leappad2, Air Hog and Bissell vacuum for $209. I'm sure it would have been $250 or more anywhere else and I got free shipping!!!

placed an order on the 16th of November.for a slow cooker. the order status shows pending payment receipt when the amount of the order was already taken out of my bank account. tried to contact customer service and they told me it takes 1-3 days to ship an item today is the 23rd of November and still no shipment. I won't be doing business with them anymore

Got a catalogue. Same deal, free shipping, pre-approved credit. Wanted to buy ONE item. The ebb site itself was non-functional and their customer service was down when I called. Just FINALLY got off the phone ... they could not approve a change of my shipping address because they could not "authenticate" me. However, three of the four questions they asked were irrelevant to me ... wrong spelling of my wife's name, wrong birthdate ... UNBELIEVABLE. I wonder how those of you who like this company actually got to order anything!

I purchased a captain's bed with trundle for my boys (5 and 7). Within 6 months the front board on the bed that supports the frame cracked in the center. I thought, 'no problem, I bought the extended warranty!' WELL, it took nearly a month to finally get an answer from customer service about how they were going to handle it (did I mention that every time I called I had to sit on hold for an average of 60 - 70 minutes before a person even answered the phone?). Their response... Send someone to the house to GLUE the board, a major support beam on the bed. Now mind you, the service technician has not been here yet, he comes today, but do you think that glue will fix the problem and return the bed to its original condition? Neither do I.
As if all of this was not bad enough, when the customer service rep called my wife to tell her this was their solution, the lady on the phone LAUGHED at my wife's concern for our child's safety when sleeping on a glued bed AND said that the time frame for their solution was WELL WITHIN reasonable. Tell that to my 5 year old who has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor...
I will NEVER buy another thing from this crackpot website.

I have used Gettington several times and have never had a problem. My items always arrive in a timely manner and are in good working order. I only place orders with them 2 or 3 times a year and pay off each order before placing another. I'm sure I will order from them again in the future.

Yes, this site is overpriced, but what do you expect with the line of credit and finance charges they offer...I bought an iPad2 from them....received it quickly, even though it said on back order...and all I'm paying is $35 a month and like $5 is for finance, and I can always pay it off faster...the iPad was also brand new, not refurbished...I'm using it right now to post this review...I've had it for 3 month with now problems, and no problems with making my payments.

First of all i just wanted to say this company has been incredible to me. They approved me when no one else would, and i thought they would be as high priced as fingerhut but they are NOT!!! I purchased a 42 inch TV from Gettington, and i got it cheaper than Best Buy and 200.00 cheaper than fingerhut. This was my fourth purchase with them, they have good interest rates (14% if you pay off within 4 months or 19% if you pay off over 2 years or less depending on how much you spend) and are very dependable with name brands. Thank you Gettington for not taking a HUGE advantage of people who are just starting out with credit!

I was pleased at first - ordered a heater that arrived in a timely fashion and worked quite well. Needed another, so ordered it.

I was sent a used, filthy, smoky heater. So, I email and ask them to send a return shipping label and that I would like to exchange it for another heater - figured I would give them a chance to make it right; perhaps someone just didn't do their job on the return end.

They flat out refused to pay return shipping. I have it written in email - even though they sent me a used item they will not accept responsibility in any way. I plan on filing a complaint with my state Attorney General and never doing business with these people again!

Stop being so picky! In my line of business I have found that most people want things for free. Nag, nag, nag. I viewed this website and catalog to find that many of the items I wanted were lower priced at getting ton compared to my local department store and electronic centers. Getting ton runs sales the same as the locals do. Are they pulling your arm to buy? think not. I ordered $600 worth of items from them, all items cheaper than the locals, they arrived in 3 days with free shipping. Unlike Sony, and best buy and amazon who sent me an email that "we are sorry, although you have paid for your item and we told you your item was in stock we were mistaken. Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". Getting ton was my hero for Christmas. Thanks getting on!

"Customer Disservice" is what they should admit they offer. USPS changed our ZIP code, and we still wrestle with 50% of sites accepting the new ZIP, 50% accepting the old ZIP. I was to receive a call back from a specialist within 48 hours, never did. Then called back and spoke with "Joe" [#134] who was nice at first, then turned nasty. He claimed that of 10 supervisors, none were available, and I could not hold to speak with a supervisor. While he initially admitted he understood that their website was causing the issue by auto-standardizing the address [makes sense for shipping address, but billing address - why?], and then tried to tell me I should update the ZIP code to make this purchase, regardless of the havoc it would wreak on every other auto-payment for the websites that aren't currently recognizing the new ZIP code. Dude, I get that it's a non-standard situation, but that does not give you the right to be a jerk to a customer. And the idea that no one is available or will call you back? Inexcusable! So, instead of getting my money, they'll get a bunch of negative reviews on how they treat people. Awesome marketing decision, Gettington!

So I received catalog with pre-approved credit, with 3 different payments options, I was like this is great, before the Holidays, but guess what, after placing the order I get an email that I am not approved for credit, I asked why then I received a catalog stating pre- approved their asnwer was... pre-qualified doesn't mean pre-approved, can you imagine that gizzz what a b...l s... t company .... I sent them the picture of the catalog that I received but after reading these reviews I am glad the order did not got through!!!!!

I was turned down for credit with Gettington with a 600 credit score. I don't know how that person with a score in the 400's got approved. Both my TU and EQ scores took hard hits from their so called "Pre-approved" offer. I have two wait two weeks now to find out via snail mail why I was turned down. I sure won't be recommending this company!

I tend to disagree with above reviewers. I ordered a ring from them and recieved it in a timely manner. I paid well below retail as well. Retail would have been $375.00 while I only paid $150.00. I would recommend the site :)

I am tired of the same con style "pre-approved credit" with over priced items. I did comparisons and found this company to be approx. 25% higher than retail (in the store items. Shipping is excessive also. Another cheap (as in: marketing those who don't undertsand or have credit problems) gimmick is what this is...taking advantage of people when times aren't the best, referring to our state of the economy. To help and be a good company...then reduce prices and have good quality merchandise. A DeWaltt chordless drill went for $149.00 in this catatlogue and $119.00 at the local home improvement center. Greed by others is what led to our current national economic situation. Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get. I think I may someday offer a catalogue service but with prices that will make people feel good about their purchase and want to return and appreciate getting a deal...and not getting ripped off by insensitive company representatives whose job it is to protect the company versus looking out of the struggling consumer. Before making it! Then you decide who can do best for you...not better but best!

Ordered a shoe storage bench. Arrived in a timely manner however, they sent 3 of them. Called "customer service" and they immediately claimed responsibility for the error and said that mailing lables to return the additional 2 would arrive in 7-10 days. Once received, they would refund the amount of the 2 benches. I let them know that this was unacceptable that I should not have to pay for their mistake. Asked to speak with a manager . . . none available. Said I could leave a message and would get a call in 48 hours! Again, unacceptable. That was 36 hours ago & no call. Emailed their "customer service" department with concern and again a 48 hour response time. Received an instant "reply email" informing me it would be longer. Bottom line, their "customer service" is of NO service to the customer. In addition, the bench I ordered for $169. barely worth $69. Poor quality, directions & appearance! Beware of this company. There are other online companies offering the same type products that are responsible & reliable to do business with.

Placed an order for a Grandma necklace with 3 birthstones on Dec. 18. Was charged over $10 for shipping and handling. Received email stating shipped on Jan. 5th today is Jan. 28th and there is still no necklace. Customer Service was unable to say exactly what happened to item and offerred to refund our money. I told representative that I hope that the credit does not take as long as trying to get our item. I told her that I would monitor my account for the refund and contact them again if it was not received.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?