US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

tommyd17

In that time I've had nothing but respectful customer service, And a pleasant experience. (in 19 reviews)

th437

Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". (in 48 reviews)

dominicks12

I have been dealing with Gettington for 2 years and never had a problem with my orders. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

julied17
3/30/13

So far since December 2012 I have ordered well over 10 items ranging in price from $20 to $200 (Brother Printer/Scanner. Hoover Carpet Cleaner, headphones, jewelry, etc.) I have been EXTREMELY pleased with each and every item and the time frame in which each was received. I do not have one bad thing to say about this company.

I also want to note that I am NOT from their "Marketing Department" as one reviewer suggested.

aaronp11
3/7/13

Don't believe the 5 star reviews.. It's their marketing department trying to make them look better then they are. Anyways if you call this company expect 45 min hold times to speak to someone. If you email them expect 7-10 business day response delays. Overall this company is a big epic fail and you should go else were to the other 1 million online stores.

kevind23
3/2/13

January 1st 2013 -order placed - email confirmation received

January 20th 2013 - emailed about a delay. New delivery February 20th

February 27th - emailed that the item is no longer available.

I don't really think I need to say more. If you can't fulfill an order promptly, let a customer know. Don't leave them hanging. Just reordered from a more professional seller.

jills15
12/10/12

I am someone who does a majority of holiday shopping online. Even if not the holiday, I enjoy the ease on online shopping. I have never experienced a more unprofessional, bait and switch, disaster of a shopping site! I order and item for the holiday well in advance (1st week Nov 2012) A month later when it has still not arrived I try to call-left on hold 20 minutes, I hang up. I try again the next day, same thing. I email and am told I will receive response in 24 to 48 hours- 4 days later- Nothing! Finally I use the chat (should have done that from beginning) It took 5 inutes of back and forth about my social security number to even get my question answered. Why does a company need your SSN? I said I shop online all the time and never did, nor would ever have to provide that info. He apologized, yet never had an answer as to why it was required. I never gave it. Finally I am told my shipment is back ordered until a week after the holidays. I am assured that I part of the shipment (the one thing I really need, a gift for a toddler) will arrive on or before Christmas. I did not believe the person. I said ok tried calling again. After 10 minutes I got through to someone and was told that the entire order(doll included) will be shipped 2nd week of January 2013. So the prior employees guarantee was false!! What if I believed him? I would have had a very disappointed little girl. I cancelled the order and am completely disgusted I wasted my time. Now, guess what? The doll is sold out everywhere! I had to pay double on Amazon just to get it. Thanks a lot genttington.com- You are a real waste of internet space!

aprils5
11/27/12

Savvy shoppers can get a good deal. For Christmas gifts I got LOL Elmo, Leappad2, Air Hog and Bissell vacuum for $209. I'm sure it would have been $250 or more anywhere else and I got free shipping!!!

bobbyd15
11/24/12

placed an order on the 16th of November.for a slow cooker. the order status shows pending payment receipt when the amount of the order was already taken out of my bank account. tried to contact customer service and they told me it takes 1-3 days to ship an item today is the 23rd of November and still no shipment. I won't be doing business with them anymore

dg26
11/7/12

Got a catalogue. Same deal, free shipping, pre-approved credit. Wanted to buy ONE item. The ebb site itself was non-functional and their customer service was down when I called. Just FINALLY got off the phone ... they could not approve a change of my shipping address because they could not "authenticate" me. However, three of the four questions they asked were irrelevant to me ... wrong spelling of my wife's name, wrong birthdate ... UNBELIEVABLE. I wonder how those of you who like this company actually got to order anything!

ryant4
5/16/12

I purchased a captain's bed with trundle for my boys (5 and 7). Within 6 months the front board on the bed that supports the frame cracked in the center. I thought, 'no problem, I bought the extended warranty!' WELL, it took nearly a month to finally get an answer from customer service about how they were going to handle it (did I mention that every time I called I had to sit on hold for an average of 60 - 70 minutes before a person even answered the phone?). Their response... Send someone to the house to GLUE the board, a major support beam on the bed. Now mind you, the service technician has not been here yet, he comes today, but do you think that glue will fix the problem and return the bed to its original condition? Neither do I.
As if all of this was not bad enough, when the customer service rep called my wife to tell her this was their solution, the lady on the phone LAUGHED at my wife's concern for our child's safety when sleeping on a glued bed AND said that the time frame for their solution was WELL WITHIN reasonable. Tell that to my 5 year old who has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor...
I will NEVER buy another thing from this crackpot website.

cherig2
4/21/12

I have used Gettington several times and have never had a problem. My items always arrive in a timely manner and are in good working order. I only place orders with them 2 or 3 times a year and pay off each order before placing another. I'm sure I will order from them again in the future.

bk16
1/7/12

Yes, this site is overpriced, but what do you expect with the line of credit and finance charges they offer...I bought an iPad2 from them....received it quickly, even though it said on back order...and all I'm paying is $35 a month and like $5 is for finance, and I can always pay it off faster...the iPad was also brand new, not refurbished...I'm using it right now to post this review...I've had it for 3 month with now problems, and no problems with making my payments.

lisas44
1/4/12

First of all i just wanted to say this company has been incredible to me. They approved me when no one else would, and i thought they would be as high priced as fingerhut but they are NOT!!! I purchased a 42 inch TV from Gettington, and i got it cheaper than Best Buy and 200.00 cheaper than fingerhut. This was my fourth purchase with them, they have good interest rates (14% if you pay off within 4 months or 19% if you pay off over 2 years or less depending on how much you spend) and are very dependable with name brands. Thank you Gettington for not taking a HUGE advantage of people who are just starting out with credit!

krisc7
1/2/12

I was pleased at first - ordered a heater that arrived in a timely fashion and worked quite well. Needed another, so ordered it.

I was sent a used, filthy, smoky heater. So, I email and ask them to send a return shipping label and that I would like to exchange it for another heater - figured I would give them a chance to make it right; perhaps someone just didn't do their job on the return end.

They flat out refused to pay return shipping. I have it written in email - even though they sent me a used item they will not accept responsibility in any way. I plan on filing a complaint with my state Attorney General and never doing business with these people again!

th437
12/26/11

Stop being so picky! In my line of business I have found that most people want things for free. Nag, nag, nag. I viewed this website and catalog to find that many of the items I wanted were lower priced at getting ton compared to my local department store and electronic centers. Getting ton runs sales the same as the locals do. Are they pulling your arm to buy? think not. I ordered $600 worth of items from them, all items cheaper than the locals, they arrived in 3 days with free shipping. Unlike Sony, and best buy and amazon who sent me an email that "we are sorry, although you have paid for your item and we told you your item was in stock we were mistaken. Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". Getting ton was my hero for Christmas. Thanks getting on!

jb38
12/15/11

"Customer Disservice" is what they should admit they offer. USPS changed our ZIP code, and we still wrestle with 50% of sites accepting the new ZIP, 50% accepting the old ZIP. I was to receive a call back from a specialist within 48 hours, never did. Then called back and spoke with "Joe" [#134] who was nice at first, then turned nasty. He claimed that of 10 supervisors, none were available, and I could not hold to speak with a supervisor. While he initially admitted he understood that their website was causing the issue by auto-standardizing the address [makes sense for shipping address, but billing address - why?], and then tried to tell me I should update the ZIP code to make this purchase, regardless of the havoc it would wreak on every other auto-payment for the websites that aren't currently recognizing the new ZIP code. Dude, I get that it's a non-standard situation, but that does not give you the right to be a jerk to a customer. And the idea that no one is available or will call you back? Inexcusable! So, instead of getting my money, they'll get a bunch of negative reviews on how they treat people. Awesome marketing decision, Gettington!

ewap
11/17/11

So I received catalog with pre-approved credit, with 3 different payments options, I was like this is great, before the Holidays, but guess what, after placing the order I get an email that I am not approved for credit, I asked why then I received a catalog stating pre- approved their asnwer was... pre-qualified doesn't mean pre-approved, can you imagine that gizzz what a b...l s... t company .... I sent them the picture of the catalog that I received but after reading these reviews I am glad the order did not got through!!!!!

karens21
10/14/11

I was turned down for credit with Gettington with a 600 credit score. I don't know how that person with a score in the 400's got approved. Both my TU and EQ scores took hard hits from their so called "Pre-approved" offer. I have two wait two weeks now to find out via snail mail why I was turned down. I sure won't be recommending this company!

michaelt20
10/7/11

Overpriced stuff, yes. But what do you expect from a company focused on people with no credit. I was approved for a $2000 line of credit through this company when my FICO was 425. Having a revolving line of credit has allowed me to increase my score above 620 and I was recently approved for a mortgage. I have to say that charging more to customers who represent a higher credit risk is not greed, it is self preservation. The earlier comment about a cordless drill being cheaper at the home center doesn't matter. Most of us using this site could never get approved for the home centers credit to get the better deal, and because they take customers with bad credit most of them probably default on their purchases which is why they charge more. All in all I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking to rebuild their score.

lorim5
9/26/11

I tend to disagree with above reviewers. I ordered a ring from them and recieved it in a timely manner. I paid well below retail as well. Retail would have been $375.00 while I only paid $150.00. I would recommend the site :)

johns147
6/4/11

I am tired of the same con style "pre-approved credit" with over priced items. I did comparisons and found this company to be approx. 25% higher than retail (in the store items. Shipping is excessive also. Another cheap (as in: marketing those who don't undertsand or have credit problems) gimmick is what this is...taking advantage of people when times aren't the best, referring to our state of the economy. To help and be a good company...then reduce prices and have good quality merchandise. A DeWaltt chordless drill went for $149.00 in this catatlogue and $119.00 at the local home improvement center. Greed by others is what led to our current national economic situation. Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get. I think I may someday offer a catalogue service but with prices that will make people feel good about their purchase and want to return and appreciate getting a deal...and not getting ripped off by insensitive company representatives whose job it is to protect the company versus looking out of the struggling consumer. Before making purchases...google it! Then you decide who can do best for you...not better but best!

joannk
2/26/11

Ordered a shoe storage bench. Arrived in a timely manner however, they sent 3 of them. Called "customer service" and they immediately claimed responsibility for the error and said that mailing lables to return the additional 2 would arrive in 7-10 days. Once received, they would refund the amount of the 2 benches. I let them know that this was unacceptable that I should not have to pay for their mistake. Asked to speak with a manager . . . none available. Said I could leave a message and would get a call in 48 hours! Again, unacceptable. That was 36 hours ago & no call. Emailed their "customer service" department with concern and again a 48 hour response time. Received an instant "reply email" informing me it would be longer. Bottom line, their "customer service" is of NO service to the customer. In addition, the bench I ordered for $169. barely worth $69. Poor quality, directions & appearance! Beware of this company. There are other online companies offering the same type products that are responsible & reliable to do business with.

danaf1
1/28/11

Placed an order for a Grandma necklace with 3 birthstones on Dec. 18. Was charged over $10 for shipping and handling. Received email stating shipped on Jan. 5th today is Jan. 28th and there is still no necklace. Customer Service was unable to say exactly what happened to item and offerred to refund our money. I told representative that I hope that the credit does not take as long as trying to get our item. I told her that I would monitor my account for the refund and contact them again if it was not received.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have the book to order on my customer number is 2480241934 and my media code is 24026332 how do i oder it?
11/27/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?