US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

danas28

Customer service has always been pleasant and helpful. (in 27 reviews)

th437

Your item is on back order, please contact us for other options". (in 65 reviews)

dominicks12

I have been dealing with Gettington for 2 years and never had a problem with my orders. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

alexa1501
4/24/16

I have been a customer of Gettinton for atleast 4 years and all I have to say is, PEOPLE WAKE UP, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF ONLINE STORE!!!

Gettington is a online store that preys on people with bad/low credit and then gives them credit to make money with a very high interest and high monthly payments which is not up to payment standards. Additionally, their so called "Sale" is all bogus!!! Their prices are already jacked up way too high (above standard market) and they say certain percentage off, which is all lie. People, you could find better, newer products and cheaper deals else where, if you are smart. They also have electronics and computers that are outdated or older models which they sell and newer model's prices!!!

If you shop with Gettington, you must be a non-intelligent person who like to throw their own money away. After couple of my own deep research of me being a Gettington customer, I have seen that they really do RIP their customers off. One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

Tip for consumers: One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices, year of when model was released and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

cathyh39
4/13/16

worst customer service
i have a return that was sent to them they even acknowledged the package was on its way back
they will not give me credit because the post office or whoever lost it
they owe me over $200

jonis9
4/6/16

If you are not buying a name brand that you are familiar with, don't bother with this company. Very poor quality products, inflated prices.

delilaw
3/11/16

This company comes off like sugar and spice granting credit to low credit score, and when you find that you'll pay almost DOUBLE for the merchandise you ordered, You'll lose it. Please be CAREFUL as to make your payments. My initial order was 120.00. I paid over 180.00 into it and bc of late fees I still owe 240.00? WT HECK??? I WANT EVEYONE TO KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY PROFITS!!!! OFF OF THE WEAK!!! PIGS!!!

earleneo
3/3/16

worst customer service in the world. everyone you speak to is out of country. they can not resolve your issues. everything you read in the review negatively is true. serious concerns and the bbb is not credible. missing items in orders/ orders receive that is damage and package like new. account does not reflect payment. is this company a scam and why has not government gotten involve

samj76
2/23/16

i have been a customer for about a year, no complaints., will keep on shopping there.

judyc46
2/10/16

I ordered some products in the fall of 2015 and they were good . I decided to order again big mistake. First they opened an acc in my daughters name without her consent (package was sent to my daughters home) . We didn't know till she got the bill. We called to straighten it out and they told us no way. Tacked on late fees. So we did automatically withdraw and because the date they started it was after the due date they tacked on late fees every month. Customer service was very rude and didn't help. Paid it off and urge everyone not to purchase from gettington. Wish we could afford a lawyer because what they did was wrong. Please don't order from them!!!

anthonyj43
1/28/16

Both a product,I returned it and they said they credit my account and I am still waiting,l normally pay my bill two days before or on the same day,I was late one day and they charged me $22.00,no grace period, gettington is a horrible company stay away from them.

jillr34
1/26/16

Been a satisfied customer for about 6 mo. No problems. On Jan 17 I ordered a treadmill. Realized the next morning it would be too heavy for me to handle. Called Customer service on the 18th (after I checked the status of free order--not shipped yet), CS rep said no problem, order cancelled. Two days later, got email saying it was shipped. Called CS again, was told sorry, been shipped, can't be cancelled. They told me to call UPS to cancel. Called UPS, they had no record of it being shipped, only notification of the label being generated. Could not cancel. I KEPT CHECKING THE TRACKING # AND GETTINGTON.COM DIDN'T EVEN SHIP IT TILL JAN 22, When UPS did deliver it on the 25th, I refused to accept it. I think eventually, they will take the charge off Mr account, but they will charge me the $65 shipping charges..UPDATE: Tracking shows me the returned package was received by Gettington on Feb 8, and signed by someone there. Nothing shows on my account balance. When I call to find out when the charge will be removed, CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE...ONLY AUTOMATED SELECTIONS. Returns can take up to 10 days to show on my balance. And, there is all sorts of small print in the Returns Q&A section about how they handle returns, nothing positive.

Tip for consumers: They make it extremely difficult to cancel an order! And, returning an item is just as complicated. They do nothing at all to work with a customer to be sure that the customer is satisfied.

charw1
1/23/16

I bought a bed and a grill both or broke down I grill had one screw it didn't fit and when I called them they told me there was nothing they could do about it. The bed was no good from day one I had to eventually take it down and switch my kids to regular beds to keep the beds from collapsing and killing one of them oh by the way it was a bunk bed. I don't like wasting money and this was a total waste of money i will never in life order from this company again. If I could rate it a -0000 that's what it would get.

carola64
12/25/15

excellent products. Fast delivery of orders. And several offers of free shipping. Im still Smiling

allenw27
12/23/15

I ordered 2 items but only received 1. I contacted customer service and they stated they would investigate and I would receive a response back. After 2 weeks and not hearing anything I contacted them again. They gave me the same answer with the same results. No response but still charging me. The third time I called I told them I would not be using their service anymore they did not care. It has now been 6 months they keep raising my credit limit to try and get me to use their service but I am not going to spend my money on a company that does not care to make it right. All they had to do was show that it was delivered. They lost more money by not taking care of the customer then just crediting my account or proof that it was delivered.

pamw34
12/21/15

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASING THIS LAPTOP IT WENT "DEAD" IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I CALLED COMPANY AND THEY ASKED TO CALL WARRANTY DEPT THEN WARRANTY DEPT ASKED ME TO CALL MANUFACTURER. MANUFACTURER ASKED ME TO SHIP LAPTOP BACK AT MY EXPENSE. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON RESULTS.

shirleyb49
12/17/15

I recently placed an order on 11/21 (plenty time to arrive by Christmas), it was 2 very popular items so I was glad that I was able to still order them while in stock. The promise delivery date was for 12/07. However, according to my order the items were "shipped via UPS", when I clicked on the tracking number to track the packages, It was noted that the UPS package was turned over to USPS for delivery. (Why this had happened, and WHY I was not told that the delivery would be coming from a different carrier, I'm not sure???) Well, I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PACKAGE ON 12/7 AS PROMISED! There was NO way for me to track the packages since the UPS tracking number was no longer good, since it had been turned over to USPS!
I still waited for the package to arrive thinking that there was just a delay because of the holiday season. On 12/10 I just happened to look at my account online and was SHOCKED to see that my order had been RETURNED!!!!! I could not believe it!!! When I contacted customer service online, the rep told me that the item had been returned to USPS, and they in turn returned it to Gettington. She informed me that I would need to re-order the items - well upon doing so, GUESS WHAT?!?!? THEY WERE NO LONGER IN STOCK!!!!! At this point I was livid - the rep told me to call the customer service line, which I did immediately. After 40min on the phone with a rep, all of the things the was offering my were UN-ACCEPATBLE! I found an item that was close to the returned item but there was a somewhat large price difference. After talking with the rep for 40min (he was trying to offer free shipping, which I was already getting, and $30 off of the new item, but for only 1 of them, not the 2 that I needed. I was feeing insulted and it was just UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE for an ERROR that was clearly Gettington's , not mine. I insisted that I speak with his manager, and after being on the phone for over 1 hour, the only thing that they were willing to give me was a total of $50.00 ($25 off of each) and again with Free Shipping. Free shipping SHOULD NOT EVEN HAD BEEN AN OFFER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF THE TOP!
I needed these items as they were the 1 "big" gift for each of my kids for Christmas, so instead of staying on the phone for another hour I took the deal, but was NOT HAPPY with the end result.
I find it hard to believe that this was all they were going to offer and kept on telling me that they would give me Free Shipping. Ridiculous!
I'll have to seriously think twice about ordering again from this company!

kimm124
12/5/15

I will never be ordering again.
My bill never matched my receipts that came in with the packages I went over $700 worth of items and every order was wrong discounts was not taken off free shipping was not applied so I had to go over everything one by one and I saved all the discount codes that I used along the way.
I haven't heard back from them.

royb47
12/1/15

I ordered a bunch of stuff
It came said it was all there
So I got home opened the broken smashed boxes and was missing stuff
So I called and they said no problem they sent me the missing stuff
BUT CHARGED ME EVEN MORE MONEY
NOBODY SPEAKS NOR UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH EITHER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

tomg81
11/29/15

I've ordered from them for about 4 years without a glitch. Prices are decent if you know how to shop. Always promo codes available for discounts and free shipping. I've always received timely shipping. Even did a return on a pair of sneakers, was as painless as it gets. Typical warehouse buying service, many of them out there, I consider Gettington one of the better ones. There is always the choice of going to Walmart and getting crappy or no service, no stock and standing in lines! Amazon is a great service if you do mind overpaying?

joes509
11/24/15

First off Gettington is owned by fingerhut so that in itself is wrong. I have ordered from them three times and every time there was a problem. One time order got completely lost and never showed up and their great customer service just said keep waiting it will arrive and it never did. This last order I placed for 5 days tracking said just shipped will update once received at spee dee delivery. Contact spee dee and they say they have no such order. Come on gettington. And ttheyalso make a profit off of the shipping cost. I talked to upper management at spee dee delivery and they said yes gettington charges more for shipping than they actually charge for the items to be shipped. Scammer Alert.

luciap5
11/22/15

I've been using this company for about 6 years now. Usually around the holidays. I've never had a single issue. Usually have some kind of promo code for free shipping of discount. I rarely if ever pay for shipping and have always been pleased with my orders.

aaronc37
11/20/15

No. The reviews told me everything i need to know. Running for the hills.

rhondam23
10/5/15

I ordered 2 bras and a5 pack of underwear and they charged 27 dollars shipping ! Yes i live in the u.s.!

chriss298
9/2/15

I ordered a TV and many other items over the last 2 years. Everything has always arrived on time and in great shape. I went through a very bad divorce two years ago and Gettington has helped me replace lost items due to the divorce. I have never had an issue, and I would recommend them to everyone.

christinet22
8/12/15

Just had an agent hang up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I called back and got put on eternal hold. I am apparently on some kind of auto dialer and have received 15 calls within the last two days. No one is ever there. I am closing my account and complaining to the attorneys general in my state. Shame on you Gettington for treating paying customer so poorly.

debbiem43
6/22/15

I have been working on getting my credit back on track. Although it took me almost 3 yrs I am almost debt free. I got something in my email saying since my credit improved, to give them a try to see if I was approved. I felt good that I was. NOW That I have read the reviews they will be removed from my bookmark. NO WAY AM I FALLING FOR THIS TRAP. Thanks to all for the heads up on this. You cannot believe how much this has helped me. I hope they read all these reviews. This is just not right the way they are ripping off people.

sandrag30
6/13/15

I have been a loyal customer for the past two years..Granddaughter was near my computer and hit the wrong button..my payments went from $25 to $160...a month..would not work with me at all..pretty much said my problem..will be adding 38.00 per month on my bill for late payments..and the quality is not so great..made in China..when delivered..just thrown at your door.PLEASE..DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY..ITS COMPATIBLE TO FINGERHUT...BAD NEWS...

maxz3
5/1/15

We had been a customer for several years when we ordered a hot tub from them. Somehow it was put on fast pay. We called CS immediately and sorry we cannot change the pay type. Ok cancel the order it could not have shipped yet as it was done 5 minutes ago. Nope it is out at the warehouse and cannot be cancelled. Ok i will refuse it at the door... NO NO dont do that just accept it and we will set up a "special payment plan" auto payments and all. HA HA HA.....fast forward to 1 year later. we recd a "late statement saying i need to remit 1100. to come int current! What the Frack are they talkin about? Called CS and it was in charge off status and no further auto pays would be done and it was going to collections. I asked if there would offer a settlement? and they said dunno will check with super and call back, I said by friday. Fast forward to today.. still no answer but will take a settlement of 700.00 and close acct. I ask if it will still be going to a debt collector..... dunno, will ask super and get back to you next tuesday!! And they want to know where their customers are going?? CS is the worst anywhere. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

UPDATE**********
7/23/15 Gettington has come to their senses checked my account and decided that I was correct!! they have adjusted my account and credit status and will now accept payments as agreed on before this mess. Still will not purchase from them again.

dm146
4/28/15

I have been a customer for a couple of years now. I have never had an issue with products - yes shipping is slower, but everything arrived in good condition. What I DO however have a huge issue with is the most sucky, evasive, vague customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. They have even gone so far as to do unauthorized debits on our debit card and then try to spin it like "maybe someone else in the home gave authorization?" UM no.....do not use auto pay. Their customer service is so below par......it is embarrassing. I can't see them staying in buisness very much longer with such horrible and I do mean horrible service. Will never shop there again AND blocked my acct so no more suspicious activity can take place from this so called place of business. Bottom line - They SUCK!

mikes284
4/1/15

Look must people that go thru these services know what there getting in bed with.
Over priced items and low payment so they can make money on you.
Do yourself a favor and DONT over extend yourself.
If you buy something for 200$ pay it off within the month like a credit card.
At least that's what I do.
My biggest complaint with gettington is there shipping takes at least 7 and as many as 14 days to get to you. In a world where everything is FAST shipping works as slow as the old pony express days.
I am an Amazon prime user and that's the other side of the spectrum 2 days maybe I'm spoiled.

In closing if slow shipping is no biggie and you pay your bill in full gettington is great!

geralds24
3/25/15

catalogue prices do NOT match prices at checkout, which were much higher and customer service reps are English challenged !

danas28
3/5/15

I have been dealing with Gettington for about 3 years now, and I haven't had any issues with them. My orders are always prompt, and in good condition even around the holidays. They always have a great selection of merchandise. Customer service has always been pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend them if you need to pay for things over time.

angelaw39
2/4/15

I have ordered a shipment from Gettingtons and my shipment came promptly with no damage incurred. I've since ordered a Rachael Ray oil and vinegar set, and because I couldn't get a product that was in the book because they no longer have it, and I asked them why would they put an item in the book that is not available; the the rep. offered me Free shipping on my order. That was GREAT because it would have cost me $10 just to ship 2 small items. I told her that that their shipping prices were horrible! and I won't order again until I receive a book that has free shipping.

giaw1
2/3/15

Thank you all for your reviews!! I was just about to order a t.v. but after reading your reviews I definitely will NOT make that mistake! !

unmik
1/9/15

This has got to be the worst on line company I have ever dealt with. I made an order with them and it arrived with pieces missing. Mistakes happen and I wasn't too concerned. I called customer service but before I got to talk to a person I was put through a series of enter this number, enter that number, etc etc with their computerized phone system. Then it asked me what my call was about and it gave me a number of categories to choose from. Unfortunately none of them was “make a complaint”. After lowering my IQ and elevating my blood pressure I finally got past the phone system and got to talk to a person. This person was the antithesis of customer service and wasn't at all concerned with my problem and eventually agreed to send me the missing parts. I asked that they be expedited (the parts were for a heater and it was very cold) but this “no service” person wouldn't do that so I agreed to regular shipping. I was unhappy but at least something was being done. The next day I get an email from Customerservice@fingerhut.com telling me that the part wasn't missing and that I was assembling the item wrong. I went back to the assembly instructions and closely examined the parts that did arrive and made sure that the parts were in fact missing. I responded to the email and even furnished photos of what I received showing the item was incomplete. To date I have not heard back from these folks so I decided to write a review of this terrible service on Site Jabber. I should have looked there before I made my order. Gettington has the worst reviews I have ever read on a company (that was still in business). I have no doubt that these guys will be out of business soon.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

bobbym29
1/7/15

I've been ordering from Gettington for a few years. Prices are a bit high, but dealable. I have moved a number of times due to a divorce and I am on the road a lot. I ordered a TV to be delivered to a new residence and I also ordered a keyboard and mouse. I saw that the keyboard and mouse order was cancelled and got a letter saying that Credit Risk could not verify my phone number and address. I called to straighten it out and was told by the CS rep that they couldn't deliver to me anymore because I NOW had to send them a bill to my new address of 5 days. I've had 4 addresses in the last year. This Customer Service idiot then cancelled my TV that was on the UPS truck for delivery that day. They've lost me forever.

Tip for consumers: Stay away if you think this is a company that is loyal to the customer.

dominicks12
12/13/14

I have been dealing with Gettington for 2 years and never had a problem with my orders. Last year I ordered a Laptop and bought it with a $25.00 off promo the day after I ordered it they reduced it by another $100.00. I called them up told them that I ordered the laptop with a $25.00 off original price and they were selling it now for $100.00 off. they honored both sales and I got the laptop for $125.00 off!!! So what is wrong with a company like that?

jasons115
12/11/14

DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! They have the absolute worst customer service! I made an order that had not been delivered after 20 days. Customer service rep seemed to be inconvenienced by me. Will not do business again.

Tip for consumers: Dont spend your hard earned money with a company that does not care about your satisfaction. Gettington.com needs to work on customer service before they have no customers to service.

pattyr5
12/5/14

I have not purchased anything from this company yet and I will not after reading so many bad reviews. This company had better pay attention to their reviews and make changes before they end up out of business! I'm so glad I decided to check reviews first!!
Shame on you Gettington. Pay attention to your feedback because your potential customers certainly are!

gregg155
12/3/14

Been buying from them for over a year and have purchased so fairly expensive stuff. Their credit is easy....everything showed up as promised.....no complaints here!

maryd78
11/25/14

I worked in a warehouse that sends out the products ordered online for this company and fingerhut, and I Will never order online now that I saw first hand how the online products are handled, they are dropped and damaged on a daily basis and yet they are still shipped out to the customers, there also happens to be alot of workers that cannot read english very well that are handling the orders.

Tip for consumers: Better to buy the products in the store and know what you are receiving and know that it is not damaged.

jessea19
11/25/14

If you plan on paying for your order in full, using a debit card, DON'T DO IT! I ordered over 400 dollars worth of merchandise from them, used my debit card to pay for it and it went smoothly...so I thought. The next day, my bank called me asking about suspicious activity on my account. Once I looked into it, Gettington charged me an additional 355 dollars the day after my order was placed, on top of my 400+ I spent. I called to ask what was up and they said one of my items shipped so they are now charging me 355 instead of the 400. So, because one of my items shipped I now show 755 dollars spent at gettington in my "pending" purchases through my bank, meaning I now don't have access to any of that money until the pending charge of 400 dollars is removed by my bank (which could take up to 5 business days). After each item ships, they redo your charge to what you currently owe, meaning I could have several "pending" purchases from them which drains your bank account until the "pending" charges are dropped reflecting what you currently owe. The way they do this can not be legal so I am looking into it. Thanks to them I now can't make a car payment on time because I have all these "pending" charges. Not to mention I have to redo all my Christmas shoping (which I will now do through Amazon since I can't trust other companies like them I guess). I'm so pissed off, we'll see what a lawyer says about this!

ericb71
11/11/14

Worst customer service I have ever received! Tried to order something but they couldn't send it to the shipping address I had on file. I sent them an email with a different address. Heard nothing from them. Called and had a 30 minute conversation with 3 different people. Finally got it changed so I hung up and went online to make a new order. Declined! Called back, had another 15 minute conversation trying to order this damn tv and at this point they informed me since I changed my address my account is locked for 24-48 hours. You've got to be kidding me.

Tip for consumers: Hope you don't have to use customer service.

carolynh21
10/22/14

We bought a fireplace and a rice maker a week apart. They both came in damaged. We have been waiting over 3 weeks for the replacement part for the rice maker and over 2 weeks for the replacement part for the fireplace. I have never been so disappointed in a company. I will never order from them again. They have bad customer service, they do not care about their customers. They sent us a $10 coupon for future purchases, what an insult that is. So we have a broken rice maker on the counter and a half built damaged fireplace in the living room, and to this day, we have never heard another word from them about our replacement parts. I will never recommend anyone to this site.

Tip for consumers: Think twice before you buy from Gettington. If your item comes in damaged, you could be waiting months for your replacements

alyw
9/7/14

I've been buying from gettington for 3 years and have never had a problem. I don't work for them & am not being paid to leave a review. I've ordered furniture & kitchen appliances. All have been delivered quickly in brand new condition & cheaper than other online retailers. Often they have free shipping promotions so I suggest getting on their mailing list and order bulky items during promo times. I started with $500 credit but now it's almost $3000. They allow you 22 months to pay back with nominal interest fees. It's great to build your credit.

mikeh123
5/21/14

I'm noticing, whatever I seem interested in, they don't have in stock. "shipping from supplier on bla, bla". And the shipping from supplier dates keep going further out.
I'm thinking they're not paying (or having trouble) paying suppliers. The prices stink, they're full retail prices. I'm waitng to read that this company is on the rocks.

susanp35
5/3/14

I wish I saw this before, I ordered a juicer the product arrived in several weeks. When I tried the product it didn't work right. I couldn't find anyone within gettington to help me. So I call the manufacturer to assist me. They told me a couple of things to try and then said if they don't work that the machine must of been faulty or broken in shipment. I tried to return this product and it took me weeks to manage that form printing the return slip to finding the right place to ship from. Once I returned it I thought it was resolved. A month later received a bill called explained, a month later received a bill called again, again thought resolved. Several months go by started receiving phone calls from an unknown number but they never left a message. I got tired of it as they were calling 4 or more time a day so call it back and spoke to gettington. Apparently there was an unknown return fee and they racked up late charges and put it on my credit report.

ryanc34
4/28/14

I have to say I am surprised at the number of bad experiences people have had with Gettington. I have been a regular customer for about 3 years, and I have had nothing but wonderful service. I have bought a variety of things, from small decorative trinkets and gifts, to clothing, to power tools, to large things like Air Conditioners. Everything has always arrived in good condition, and in a timely manner. And there are ALWAYS promo codes that you can find online that give you a nice discount. I have worked my credit limit with them to nearly $6,000 because I am such a regular customer. I can only give them 5 outta 5 stars based on my experience.

bl905
3/28/14

I wish I had saw this site first. My mom got a catolog and wanted a coffee table from them. We ordered it in Nov. of 2013 As of today Mar. 28th 2014 they still havent got the order correct. We keep getting damaged items and twice the wrong thing was sent do to wrong item number and when I let them know it still wasnt corrected. then the last time the coffe table was bent and rusted in a sealed box ! Do yourself a favor and dont go with Gettington !

nettel
3/1/14

I believe the reviews and the five star reviews are probably fake. I've been receiving catalogs but my next step will be removal from mailing lists. No ordering for me...I suggest whoever's adding the five star reviews focus on enhancing quality of service.

heidiw5
2/5/14

Just got off the phone with customer support for the 3rd time. I ordered an exercise machine on Dec 11th and still had not received it. When I talked to CS exactly one week ago it was decided that I would wait till the 5th to check back and if it had not shipped yet I would then cancel the order. When I called today to see if it had shipped I was told that the manufacturer cancelled the order because "I had moved and it would be shipped to the wrong address!!!" Although we are planning a move soon, I have not yet moved.......... I waited 56 days for delivery and still did not get the product and someone took the liberty of cancelling my order for me before it should have been. This is the first time I have ordered from Gettington and I am sorely disappointed, I will never try to do business with them again.

deand118
1/14/14

Been a loyal customer since summer of 2011. Started out with a $300.00 credit limit, up to $2700.00 now. Have bought quite a bit from them since I opened this account without any issues. Always quick to ship, pricing it decent compared to alot of company's I've looked at. Product line is decent and getting better daily. I can't believe all the bad reviews I've seen in here either. Personally I haven't had the issues that any of these people in here have. Would and have recommended this company to others to buy from!!!

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
alexa1501
A: No I haven't. Just be careful with Gettington.
2 weeks ago