US Government's NSF

info@gemsny.com

43 Reviews for GemsNY

▼ Sort by: recent

1/1/14

Bought a beautiful 8x6 blue sapphire, love it. Diamonds in the princess diana style are stunning. Cant find ANY AAAA grade intense color blue sapphires anywhere in Denver, i had never seen one in person best I could find was AA rating which are pretty but the brillance in this level makes you never want to take your eyes off it. Placed order, spoke to them about stones i was looking at and were helpful. Order came perfectly. Honestly a stone with AA quality and 1/3 carat diamonds would have cost me twice as much so this was a great deal + no one even when i go to Jareds where i buy most of my jewerly has seen this stone quality. Will use again.

10/5/13

GemsNY is the only company I know which has such a large selection of GIA certified rubies. I was looking to purchase a 2ct untreated ruby . I looked EVERYWHERE within 50miles of my house and was able to find only 1 jeweler who had 1 ruby which was untreated. He asked over $35,000 for the ruby and didn’t have any certifications on it. He said he could get the GIA done in about 4-5 weeks if I put down a 50% deposit on the ruby. I didn’t feel comfortable putting down $17,500 and having to wait a month. So I started my search online and found GemsNY had a huge selection of GIA certified rubies. Also not only the selection but the prices were unbelievably less. I ordered the ruby with one of their settings and received the ring in about 1.5weeks complete. I cannot believe the difference in price and quality of the ruby. I just had to go back to the jeweler to make sure. I saw both the rubies next to each other and actually they both looked similar. However, I paid $14,500 for my ruby compared to $35,000 the jeweler was charging without GIA cert. Also it helped that GemsNY ruby already had a GIA cert with the stone so I didn’t need to wait.

10/3/13

Comparison Shopping option is incredible
Called customer service few weeks ago to inquire about the six alexandrites that I was considering. The staff was very knowledgeable and help me narrow it down to two items. I couldn’t make up my mind so they offered to send me both stones for comparison. It helped that they only charge 50% of the total amount of the stones. After seeing both stones in person I could see why I couldn’t make up my mind over the phone. I liked the size of one of them better than the other and chose that one. Returned both the stones to them as I decided to give them a try for the custom ring I was looking to make. Received the ring 2.5weeks later which is far better than my local jeweler who quoted me 4-6 weeks time. The quality on the ring is great, the diamonds are extremely sparkly and the metal is very shiny. Great company overall.

8/14/13

I have purchased three times already with GemsNY. I made my second purchase using installment plan and just finished paying off for it yesterday. I have to tell you that besides their ridiculously low prices this is something which easily breaks them apart from their competition. I didn’t need to give any personal information such as social security number or copy of dirver license to qualify for the plan. Also the plan is very simple to use. My ring was for $2250 and I had to pay initially 50% down payment so $1125. The rest of the $1125 they broke it up into three equal installments which were due every two months with no interest charged. I received an email notification ten days and one day before of the due date of each installment. My card was charged automatically on the specified date and I received a confirmation the same day. The only thing they can improve on this plan is that they only offer it for items over $750. That is fine for some major purchase but the smaller items I am not able to use it.

8/13/13

I have done a lot of retail shopping before purchasing from GemsNY. I can tell you no other retailer even comes close in terms of value. I was nervous about buying online, but the earrings far exceeded my expectations. The earrings I purchased was appraised by GemsNY for 12,500 but after getting it independently appraised, it appraised for over $17,000! Superb value.

Mary, Sterling CT

7/18/13

My fiancee created a custom sapphire engagement ring at Gemsny. I was nervous about it when he gave it to me initially even though it looked beautiful (because it was purchased online), so we took it for an independent appraisal. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

The quality of the sapphire is top notch. It's almost the color of Tanzanite but she verified that it is indeed a sapphire. The clarity is flawless and the cut is excellent as they claimed in their appraisal. The one notch star reduction is due to their claim about the quality of the diamonds surrounding the sapphire which they rated as VS2 color F, but were rated by her as SI2 color H. I know there can be some variation between appraiser opinions, but I tend to agree with her considering I can see a little black spot in each of the diamonds with my bare eyes if I look closely, and I saw the inclusions with the eye piece as well.

I wasn't too concerned with this since the diamonds were just accents to the main feature which was this gorgeous sapphire. The diamond ratings did affect the value from their estimated retail value, but it still appraised way above what we paid at GemsNY. We really did receive a good value for our money and plan to look at wedding bands there as well... just maybe not with diamonds.

6/21/13

My god daughter turned 18 years old on June 12th. I'd been looking for an emerald ring for her birthday for about half a year, since 18 is the transition year from "girl" to "young woman". Everything I looked at in Toronto that I liked was far beyond what I could afford to buy and it was all retail.

I was extremely hesitant to order from Gemsny even after researching the company on the internet. I live in Toronto, but wholesale met my requirements and pocketbook. I paid with PayPal, so I felt a certain security because if it was a fake, PayPal would get my money back for me (as PayPal has done this for me before with unscrupulous merchants).

I spoke with Vishnu on several occasions before I chose the emerald. He was knowledgeable and very helpful in choosing the emerald to place in the setting I had chosen. My goddaughter loves the ring. It was the best deal I could find and this 5-star rating is genuine, from a satisfied and grateful customer.

6/20/13

Highly satisfactory transaction in all respects. After searching for a man's gold Alexandrite ring, I found gemsny to have the best selection of stones and settings at a sensible price. Vishnu is knowledgeable and politely provided helpful ideas for the optimum combination. The weight of the ring is just right, the service was efficient, and the ring looks great.

6/6/13

I have not made a purchase yet. I can say that the response back to my questions regarding rubies I looked at was timely, detailed, and very helpful. I found their policies laid out very clearly on their website. The selection of rubies, sapphires and emeralds along with ring and pendant settings is awesome. Now, if I could only make up mind, I would definitely buy from Gemsny.

2/6/13

Honest and helpful...

I ordered an engagement ring from GEMSNY, they have been very easy to work with and it appears that they truly care about making you happy. My one cavat to anyone reading this post is remember that no one is going to sell you a new Mercedes Benz for the price of a used Chevrolet so you probably shouldn't expect to receive a $30,000 retail priced ring for $3,000 from GEMSNY. The ring that we received was platinum with a GIA report on the center gem. We decided to send it back and up-grade the stone to an even higher grade level and we paid to send the ring back at our cost "which wasn't an issue at all for us". She's looking forward to getting her ring back with the stone that she wants.

12/20/12

Thanks to GemsNY, what I thought would be a very stressful process became easy, educational, and very interesting. The only thing I knew when I walked into their offices was that I wanted to give my fiance the engagement ring she deserves, but I had no clue how to pick a stone. They walked me through the process and asked me lots of questions, taking the time to help figure out what would be perfect for us. And they didn't try to upsell me or take advantage of my ignorance (and I really didn't know much to be honest), instead they guided me toward getting the most value for my money by explaining every detail of a diamond's characteristics. Buying a diamond takes trust and that is what GemsNY successfully built with me. The three times I met with them they spent as much time as I needed and never pressured me to make a decision and even encouraged me to test the market. I am thankful because my fiance loves the diamond and setting I ended up purchasing - and I felt great because I knew exactly what I was putting on her finger. Also, I've read some reviews here that think they are too good to be true - rest assure they are for real, and they are good people that conduct themselves openly and honestly. I wouldn't go anywhere else and when and if my friends and family need advice on where to go, I would not hesitate putting my own name on the line by introducing them to Vishnu and Vishal at GemsNY.

12/18/12

My husband has very specific tastes in gemstones. Luckily for ME, GemsNY happened to have that stone. I loved being able to pick the stone and then the band for a one of a kind ring for my husband for Christmas. I cannot wait to see my husband's face. This has by far been the best experience for me with the purchasing of a ring.

You never know what you're going to get on an internet site, but there were no worries with GemsNY! From the get-go, Vishal was extremely helpful and responded in a very short amount of time to every one of my questions. I cannot sing either Vishal's or GemsNY's praises enough. The ring was received in a short amount of time, along with certification papers and an appraisal.

You can bet that once I've presented my husband with his ring, I'll be taking him to GemsNY's site and showing and/or hinting him how wonderful GemsNY is!!!

Seriously, 5 stars....that's not enough. GemsNY is a 10 star experience for me!

Sincerely,

Lisa
Birmingham, AL

12/14/12

Gemsny gave me the stone and ring of my dreams! We looked all over the city for someone who not only carried rubies, but who was well versed on them and could answer our questions. We found a number of people who sold them, but no one gave us the confidence that they knew what they were talking about. Moreover, other dealers could not give us certifying information on the rubies they sold, which I found strange; how was I to verify I was really buying a ruby and how was I to know what kind of treatment it had gone through?

In our quest for an engagement ring, we found diamonds are far more popular. All of the dealers we went to knew diamonds very well, but they couldn't talk rubies with the same confidence.

We found Gemsny online and decided to visit them. Glad we did, because they were exactly what we were looking for. They were knowledgeable about many gemstones, and definitely knew rubies. They also did custom design work, so we could do everything in their shop! They were professional, friendly, and willing to work with me. I always knew I wanted a ruby on a vintage setting, but I wasn't sure what design I wanted for my setting. After I had picked my stone, they gathered as much information from me to make sure they designed the right setting.

The final product was the ring of my dreams. I couldn't be happier. I've had my ring for 3 months and I still find myself marveling over it. The stone has so much depth and the setting has so much character. My ring is very special, I LOVE it.

If you ever thought about custom designing your ring, getting a gemstone (even a diamond) I HIGHLY recommend Gemsny... they are professionals concerned with quality and precision -- and how could I forget? GREAT prices!

8/24/12

Excellent experience. The item I ordered was far more beautiful than I had expected and absolutely stunning. Pictures cannot capture the true beauty of these gemstones. Also, I found the website extremely detailed regarding the various aspects of the qualities of the stones. I had looked at other websites but did not see the same either the same detail offered per stone nor certainly the variety and number of high quality gemstones as offered by GemsNY.

7/31/12

I visited the office of Gems NY from out of town to view emeralds for a custom ring. It was an incredible experience to see so many emeralds side-by-side. Everyone in the office was so kind and helpful, and I found the perfect emerald that was "the one" for my ring. This was not a high-pressure experience, and I am grateful that I was able to visit their office and find a stone that I love.
I also had Gems NY make the custom ring setting for the emerald, and I LOVE the ring. I could not have improved anything, it was just what I wanted. I am a very happy customer.

7/29/12

Vishal was very helpful in putting together a ruby and diamond ring that my wife, and her normal jeweler, both thought were great, at an unbeatable price.

7/19/12

They were helpful in choosing a gemstone that was right for me and always available for any questions or concerns I had about the custom ring I was having made. When the ring was finished it was absolutely beautiful!! I did have it appraised after reading a previous review, and the sapphire was worth what I paid, overall I'm happy and the comapany was a pleasure to deal with, even with me being as difficult as I am.

7/16/12

Vishnu at GemsNY is knowledgeable, helpful, and a pleasure to work with. Their selection of merchandise is extensive and well described. All conversations and agreements were handled as agreed, and we can recommend them as to our experience. We will look forward to contacting them for future purchases.

7/11/12

Vishal was great in helping us put together a custom engagement ring and wedding band, obviously a big decision! He was knowledgeable and flexible in helping us arrive at the configuration that met exactly what I was looking for aesthetically but at the right price. The price also can't be beat because I paid the same for my set as I would have paid for the engagement ring only with a much smaller sapphire at a local jeweler. One of the most important factors for me was that he was very responsive, compared to some other stores and online retailers that took their sweet time getting back to me and had less ability to customize to my needs. His responsiveness inspired a lot more confidence in an otherwise big decision and somewhat daunting selection process. Highly recommend.

7/10/12

Purchased a custom engagement ring with a natural sapphire through GemsNY and the end-product was ideal! From the custom alignment of the side diamonds to the way it was sized perfectly for me to its beautiful overall look, GemsNY exceeded all of my expectations.

An incredible steal in price too; ring could have cost thousands more if purchased through a jewelery store.

Very prompt and professional email communications. Vishnu responded within a couple hours to any inquiry I had - be it about manufacturing time, pricing or supplementary photos for my custom ring details.

Used their comparison shopping option to have the stones mailed to you for an in-person examination. Since I was very picky about my stone color and its clarity, it was important for me to be able to evaluate it first-hand. By communicating what I was looking for to Vishnu, he was able to look at the stones first and help me narrow down which ones best met my requirements so I could then examine them.

Honor their quotes as well. I requested a quote for a setting on a custom ring several months before I purchased it, and that price was exactly what I was charged despite the lapse in time.

7/6/12

I ordered my engagement ring from gemsny and had a wonderful experience. I was under a bit of time pressure and they came through with a gorgeous ring and stone at an unbelievable price. I dealt mostly with Vishal who gave me his own personal advice on several stones that I had I selected and was patient with me throughout the process. Couldn't be happier with my purchase!!! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to purchase either a loose colored gemstone or a custome made setting and gemstone!!!

7/6/12

They were absolutely amazing! Bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend. It had to be a very specific colour and they were very accommodating and changed the stone for me without hesitation to get the colour spot on. Customer services were fab! Very helpful and could not do enough to help me. I am a very picky customer and they have surpassed all my expectations. I would recommend this site to everyone and have been doing so! Excellent jewellery company =)

7/5/12

I have just had a very positive and and higly satisfying experience with the organization at GemsNY. Vishal and his staff were very helpful. I needed a very specific type of sapphire ring and it was delivered in a very short period of time and ready for my wife's birthday. I highly recommend GemsNY.

Rick G. 7/5/12

6/14/12

Wife got more than she ever expected for our 40th anniversary.est with this website.
I was extremely skeptical of making this purchase online without seeing the ring in person and basing it on an image I saw online. I spent months researching ruby rings and looking at rubies in stores and nothing can compare with the value GemsNY offers. I had $7500 max to spend for the ring. At a store for a qualiy ruby ring, I was not able to find anything larger than 2cts for that price. At GemsNY I was able to buy a beautiful 3.5carat ruby ring for $7000. My wife thinks I spent all our retirement money on this! I couldn't have asked for anything more and I stayed under my budget and bought a new tennis racket that I was looking to get for some time!! My wife couldn't believe how nice and big her ring was and wouldn't want anything else. If you want to get the most for your money do your research and then buy from GemsNY.

6/10/12

Great Customer Service
This company is fantastic from all facets. I purchased an engagement ring through the make your own ring process where I chose a GIA certified ruby oval and a beautiful three stone setting. I was kept informed during the entire process as to what was happening. I received the ring in 5days (site stated 2weeks time).

Furthermore, the engagement ring looked better in person. I thought it was really pretty. My experience with GemsNY was the best customer service I ever experienced. Not only were they helpful from the beginning when I was just shopping, but also to the end after my purchase. It's hard to imagine such customer service from an online company or from a brick and mortar company for that matter.

3/30/12

It appears their shipping charges are a game they play. They're charging me $25 for delivery from NY to FL.

2/15/12

Was nervous buying jewelery and stones on line UNTIL I went to gemsny.com
My wonderful wife has the most PERFECT Rubys from them. Vishal even took the time to explain and show me on line to to judge a great stone from a bad stone. R first experience was sooo great we now get all Ur jewelry needs from them very very happy

1/12/12

GemsNY.com is awesome. They have excellent quality and the customer service cannot be beat. Vishnu has patiently worked with me during two transactions. The first was the purchase of my fiancee's engagement ring. The most recent was a sapphire pendant for Christmas. Both times he sent me multiple stones, more than a couple times, until we were happy with our selection. He has great knowledge and will work with you closely to find the perfect stone and setting. The quality of the their craftsmanship is superb. I recommend them highly. You can purchase with confidence. They stand behind their work and their word.

1/12/12

I ordered a Ruby engagement ring with two princess cut diamonds on the sides. At first I was a little concerned with the reviews on this page as they all seemed too good to be true. I called in to order my ring and I found the staff to be courteous, patient, and with a good sense of humor (which made the buying experience much more relaxed). I'm not sure who I talked to but he did a good job of answering my questions and my concerns. I had issues with their website password recovery which would say that it sent an email but alas no email arrived at my inbox. This may not be an issue to others. Anyway, I received the ring today and was pleased with the presentation and it came with the ring, the box, appraisals, receipt, and of course a business card with the all-famous Vishnu (which might have been the man I spoke to). I don't think these guys are fake but the other concern/complaint I have is that the pictures of the settings are not exactly what your ring will look like. I would suggest that they change the pictures to real photos of the settings and not the graphical drawing representations that they have. This is the reason I have knocked down one star, but I got lucky, the .12ct of diamonds was larger than I thought and overall I feel that this was a great buy and I will likely buy from them again in the future.

12/28/11

I have yet to have an experience with the website, but the possibility is being considered. Here are my concerns with the comments listed prior to my posting:
1. The reviews all sound too good to be true. We all know that if something sounds too good to be true, this is usually the case.
2. There is only one negative review, save a comment by one user who calls into question the authenticity of the reviews.

There is always the possibility that the company is, in fact, just that good. This is rare, but it does happen.

A concern that I have with the website itself (which is perhaps my chief concern), is that they offer only one view of their stones. This prevents the customer from viewing the crown height, girdle thickness,pavillion depth, and other aspects regarding the quality of the cut. All of these things are very important regarding the brilliance of a stone. However, this is a discount company. This means that their operation costs are lower than that of a full retail company in order to maintain acceptable profit margins. To include additional photos would mean; more man hours/higher photography costs, additional costs related to website maintenance, and additional server space. However, having additional views of a stone prior to purchase would make me feel much better about a purchase, and make the decision much easier.

I have given a three star rating to the company. While it may seem unfair of me to rate the company at all without having conducted business with them, I felt it necessary to provide an objective review based on what I know at this point. I provided the three star rating because to rate them with one star is unfair to the company and giving them a five star rating would afford them a rating that they may or many not deserve. If I choose to do business with them, I will adjust this review to reflect the reality of the experience. If I end up conducting business with another company, I will adjust the rating to have four stars to be fair to them.

I should add that they have a BBB rating of A+. http://www.bbb.org/NYC/business-reviews/diamonds/gems-ny-corp-in-new-york-ny-107192/

12/14/11

I recently purchased a yellow sapphire from Gemsny.com and i was more then happy with their product, customer service and knowledge. prices are also lot better then other website and retail stores.If you need to buy sapphire, ruby or emerald this is the place to buy. Vishal and Vishnu are more then helpful.

12/12/11

I ordered a white sapphire solitair ring. Igot my ring today in about half the time the website said (1 week). It is just gorgeous. I have to say I was expecting something to not be quite right, afterall how could they produce a ring of superb quality with a real gemstone for this kind of price? Well apparently they can and the customer service was fantastic too. The ring has the weight and robust setting of a much pricier setting. I have put the ring on my finger next to my original diamond engagement ring and even knowing what to look for to tell the difference between a diamond and white sapphire it is almost impossible to see with the casual eye. I can scarecely believe I have a bigger more beautiful, high quality ring for less than we paid for my original engagement ring 20 years ago.

11/5/11

Great place for custom jewelry

I came across GemsNY.com website while conducting an extensive web search to find the best places to buy an engagement ring. Prior to starting this search, I explored several jewelry stores in my local area in MD and was not very pleased by the selection, even though the people I encountered were good.

Although I didn't find the stock ring selection at GemsNy.com particularly appealing, their stone selection was extensive and the prices were some of the lowest I found online or at the brick-and-mortar stores in my area. I was particularly interested in purchasing a ruby and found numerous stones that were very nice and well within my budget. Their online explanations and recommendations for stones were very helpful for finding the best stone for me.

After a little bit of additional browsing, I discovered that GemsNY could also prepare custom jewelry. I decided to explore this option and called up the store to discuss the possibility of creating a custom engagement ring. After speaking with Vishal (aka. Vishnu), who was very knowledgeable and helpful, I decided to give the custom design a try. I submitted a detailed description of the design I wanted and within one day I received an estimate. The price for the custom ring was very reasonable and Vishal was able to get me an additional discount on a stone he had recommended (which I liked even more than the one I chose initially) so that we could accommodate my budget.

Once we discussed the guidelines for custom ring design, which were also clearly explained on the website, we went forward with the CAD designs. Within 5 calendar days, I received the CAD drawings. They did such a good job that we didn't need to make any adjustments. With my approval, they moved into production and completed the ring 8 calendar days later. The ring was shipped via FedEx and arrived in 2 days. Since I lived outside of NY state, the purchase was tax free, which was an added bonus to the free shipping. The final product was excellent and looked almost identical to the CAD drawings.

Overall, I am very pleased with the experience and would shop at GemsNY.com again (especially if I have another idea for custom jewelry). Vishal and his team were very courteous and knowledgeable. I also commend their attention to detail. I had a very specific idea in mind and they were able to realize it to my liking.

8/27/11

I had an extremely positive experience with GemsNY. First of all the sapphire that I found is beautiful! I knew that wanted to pick my stones and design my own ring. As I proceeded I realized this was rather daunting. I had the good fortune of working with Vishnu who was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the design process. I went down to NY and met with him in person. After that he provided CAD representations and then a wax model, all of which made it easier to visualize the ring (it's hard to look at loose stones and get a sense of size and
proportions). Vishnu was a great listener in terms of grasping all of the subtleties of what I wanted. I am thrilled with ring! Thank you!

3/21/11

Interacting with Vishnu at gemsny has been a pleasure. He is knowledgeable and helpful. I ordered a sapphire ring from them and since I live in NYC, I went to their offices to check out the stones. Their collection of gems is outstanding and the prices are definitely affordable and reasonable. They were able to design the ring I wanted and emailed me a virtual design so that I could have a good sense of what the ring would look like. In addition, when the ring was finally ready, I thought the workmanship was excellent and the ring looked exactly as I had imagined it, ie, beautiful. Thanks gemsny!

4/20/10

Everthing was exceptional and she loved it!!
The entire experience was great. GemsNY was very fast in responding to my questions and very helpful in helping me select the perfect ruby ring. They made great recommendatoins based on what I had wanted and explained to me what was most important to consider when selecting a ruby. The ruby ring arrived on time as promised and was absolutely beautiful. It was a great overall experience.

4/17/10

Their quality for the price is AMAZING and I found Vishnu and the whole team to be very helpful and accomodating. Their bands are very heavyweight and high-end vs. the cheap flimsy bands that other sites use and their stone prices are second to none. I bought a lovely ruby for 1/2 the price (or less) than I would have paid elswhere. Will definitely shop here again.

4/16/10

Amazing prices, huge selection.
You know that person your friend knows who deals in jewllery who can give you a great deal? You know what…GemsNY beats their prices by a mile (let me add to that…by 10,000 miles) and the selection cannot be matched by a normal jewllery store or other websites.
Mark Cheng

4/14/10

Jewellry shopping the way it ought to be.
This site has Excellent service, a quality product, value for money, and above all, a peace of mind purchase. I would recommend GemsNY to anyone and everyone. If you are unsure about purchasing a ruby, sapphire or an emerald, i spent hours searching the web and Gemsny was easily the best in price and selection! Thanks for the beautiful pink sapphire engagement ring and she said yes!

4/5/10

In-Love with GemsNY
I have bought numerous things from GemsNY and continually buy 4-5 items from them every year. Their selection and price are simply outstanding.

4/2/10

Return Policy is straight forward.
I am a demanding customer. I know it but buying at GemsNY was a very easy process and getting a refund was equally as easy. I returned back two orders from GemsNY and as was stated on the return policy I immediately got the refund in 2busniess days minus the charge of shipping for GemsNY to send the merchandise as stated on their return policy. I will definetly buy from them in the future just still unsure as to which way I would like to go for my sapphire purchase in my budget. There prices and unbelievably cheap and the selection is really amazing. What I really like is how patient their customer service is in handling the returns and their willingness to help the consumer in finding what they want.

4/1/10

Service and Price is outstanding!
Vishnu was extremely helpful. There were five sapphires on the site that I was not sure about so I gave GemsNY a call. Apparently GemsNY owns the inventory of all the gemstones they have up on the site. Vishnu was able to take out the five sapphires that I had in question, go over each one with me and after understanding my requirements was able to narrow it down to two stones. Since GemsNY offers comparison shopping, I was sent both the sapphires to take a look at (you only have to pay 50% of the total amount of the merchandise for it to be sent), I selected one that I really liked and returned the other. There were no gimmicks, customer service was great and the product was ridiculosly cheap. I bought a $5000 sapphire and a sapphire of similar quality at any of the jewelry stores that I shopped at was well over $10,000! This company truly is wholesale and they saved me a lot of money and beyond all they are so easy to deal with!

2/9/10

The selection is amazing and the prices are right, but as far as customer service goes, this site gets an "F". They advertise hassle-free returns and free shipping on all products, but my TWO orders were charged (non-refundable) $20 each for shipping. How they trick you: An item listed as $100 on the site will cost you exactly $100, but your invoice will list it as an $80 item with a $20 shipping charge. If you want to return that item, you're out $20, because shipping charges are non-refundable. The customer service department seems like it's located in India, and understanding the service associates is a bit of trouble. I played a mind-numbing game of calling, being transferred, getting hung up on, called back, and going in circles for just too long. The main guy (Vishnu) I was talking to was very rude, unprofessional, and interrupted me numerous times.

In short: This site is very good if you are 100% sure you want to keep the item (without even seeing it), or if you can afford $20 per item, plus return shipping (and insurance) charges if you do decide to return it.

I spent $200 on two items on this site, and when all was said and done, I was dissatisfied with the merchandise, and was out $50.

The Best Fashion Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber