US Government's NSF

craigw

17 Reviews for GCruise

▼ Sort by: recent

3/18/14

Totally fake... profiles patch-worked together from stolen photos.
Fake "flirts" talking about videos which don't exist.
Age ranges sought which don't correspond.
Avoid it like the plague.

3/12/14

Fake profiles, fake responses,
I got probably got 50 hits in 24 hours from hot young guys that all said they were interested. I sent every one a response and not one person replied.
Many of the messages were from people who hadn't been on the site in months or years. Trust me don't throw your money away on these people it's a scam!!!!

3/8/14

I was naive and lonely and decided I'd buy a membership for this site, in part because I had received mail I wanted to reply to. I had misgivings, especially because why would I have to pay to read an email telling me I had a contact. So, I bought it and in just one day I received multiple emails. Not an enormous amount, so I wasn't suspicious. What made me find out it was a scam was that the email I received had really fake sounding subject headers, and the text inside was no different. In addition, looking at the profiles of those who contacted me, I wouldnt fit their criteria. Here I am, wasted money because I didn't want to disappoint the people who mailed me, and because I'm desperate for some friendship and social interaction with other guys who are gay. Granted, there was a profile of a guy I know, but still ... Ugh! I used VISA Debit, so I'm not sure if my bank will do anything for me. I guess I'll just be honest and tell them I paid a membership for a dating service only to find out the next day it is a SCAM, and was recommended by others here to do a Charge Back. Thanks for those who shared their story, and for this site. Hopefully one day gcruise will be shut down. (NOTE: Just as I was about to post this I contacted via live chat an agent of Epoch who is the Billing team behind gcruise. I mentioned my experience, finding out through Google it was a scam, and that I would be contacting The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, as well as posting my experience on anti-fraud sites. My membership has been cancelled and I've been issued a refund. I just checked my bank account and no refund has been issued (yet), so I am calling my bank.)

1/13/14

Wow, I feel like a fool. TOTAL SCAM, if you paid, do a charge back right away!

1/7/14

Really really a fake site, I joined one night (no photo no write up nothing) and the next morning I had 10 emails from all over the country, not one local???? if they are going to scam you they should tweek their software. Its like the obama care site. I never pay for these sites until I know they are real!

12/27/13

this site sucks.nothing happens but getting bothered by false romance-requests.i will call my credit card company and protest the charges.

9/30/13

Agreed, I realized this was a scam and googled it and sure enough. I was getting flirts and messages constantly and while I filled out the profile I had yet to add a pic (wouldn't let me on an iPad). The big hint was that they don't let you read a single message free (most sites give you at least a couple a day) and then I was contacted by a guy named "bigbearluvr" who had in his profile "young smooth and in shape only". If they are going to scam people, at least do it well! I don't know how places like this can stay in business - anyone that got suckered into paying, DISPUTE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Thankfully I did not pay before I realized, but even if you are embarrassed to do so (what they are counting on) all your CC company will know is that it is a "dating site" and really, wtf do you care what they think anyway. It's your money! I work for a CC company and can tell you - CHARGEBACKS HURT THEM - it's the only way. Not only do they get the money you paid taken away, they also get fined the more they get. It's the only way to strike back and hopefully put them out of business.

9/20/13

Scam!

9/15/13

I was contacted by someone on another personals site. He ONLY wanted to talk to me on gcruise and ONLY if I subscribed as a silver member...in other words if I used my credit card and paid them. After reading the reviews I said I won't subscribe to this site...why not chat on the one we already both have profiles registered with....he just said bye and was gone.

8/19/13

I now feel like a complete fool! I too was sucked into this horse $#*!. Everything said in the previous reviews is entirely true. You will be contacted by fake profiles, mail, flirts, contacts etc. Go ahead, try and talk with them, they may respond, but it will have nothing to do with what you said. And it will happen over, and over and over and over and over! Stay far away from this place, they are crooks!

8/12/13

Because of all the hits I got in the free version, I decided to pay the fee. I was flooded with 150 emails and 100 flirts so figured this was a great site! Because I dislike people who fail to reply to email, I spent hours replying to about 100. Okay, I'm naïve. When I did not receive a single reply of these so-called "interested people", I checked status and found 100% of these emails and flirts were from people who were not online and had not been online for a while. Gcruise must have some computer generated auto-robot mails and flirts. Total scam.

5/17/13

I was on this site for many years. It had a great chatroom with 50-100 guys meeting each night in an amazing social experience. It all changed around 2010. Then the management became greedy--fees were imposed, fake profiles starting appearing, old timers who were loyal to the site but had no money were banned. Shame on the owners. They destroyed what was once a great website.

3/24/13

Fraud. Same fake profiles have been used for years. Video Chat Rooms are empty.

10/12/12

Scam and FRAUD! Advertised at the Google Play Store as a mobile "app" all the "app" does is take the user to a website with ZERO functionality unless you pay the outrageous subscription price of $35/mo !!!

Oh, yeah, you will be contacted by automated fake profiles baiting you to 'subscribe" and meet these people who are so hot to meet you -- And also about those fake 5-star ratings -- ummm, how do you spell "in-house SCAMMING!" ? ? ?

Don't waste you time nor money!

10/5/12

i joined this site it a total fraud only interested in trying to get your credit card details, only auto renew options no online options to cancel. make use of fake profiles sending messages to your profile, as you must be a pay memeber to read messages unlike other sites. the reason identified as beign fake was I had not added any text to my profile and had no pictures in it and i started receiving messages. being a member on other sites Hot young gay boys just do not send messages to pick up to a blank profile.

3/4/11

created profile not expecting much, but was contacted by genuine guys after i loaded my pic.....hooked up and had a good time

5/24/10

total fraud uses fake profiles to bait you to pay for services

About GCruise